[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite brand? AatP master race

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 13

File: original.jpg (113KB, 400x700px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
113KB, 400x700px
What's your favorite brand?

AatP master race
>>
>>9138094
AP and BTSSB
>>
I love you OP. AatP will always be my favorite.
>>
literally anything but meta
>>
>>9138118
Oh here we go again
>>
>>9138126
the "meta sucks" meme is as annoying as the "no legwear" meme please god just let them die.
>>
toss up between h.naoto and AATP
>>
>>9138150
>meta being shit is a meme
>it isn't a fact

hilarious
>>
Angelic Pretty (well, except for nearly every print they've made these last 2 years) and Emily Temple Cute.
>>
File: 5fsklbhiubi5.jpg (36KB, 236x268px) Image search: [Google]
5fsklbhiubi5.jpg
36KB, 236x268px
Mary Magdalene
>>
>>9138157
I remember back in the day when it was a debate as to whether or not Meta should even be considered burando. Personally, I think a lot of their stuff is really nice like Secret Laboratory, but most is pretty awful.
>>
>>9138108
I would honestly care like 60% less about lolita if AatP weren't a thing
>>
Krad Lanrete
>>
>>9138191
Bu-but is not nippon desu !
Yo-you b-baka !
>>
>>9138183
I used to be obsessed with AatP back in 2010-2012, but I feel like a lot of their stuff in the recent years have been kind of lackluster compared to what they were like before.
>>
>>9138195
kys
>>
>>9138191
That's a chinese brand...
Japanese = brand
Not japanese =/= brand

Learn summerfaggot
>>
>>9138204
You said chinese BRAND in your own post anon...
>>
>>9138183
That's me too. I also agree with >>9138196 on it not being as good as it was, but AatP still puts out the occasional good print. They just need to stop fucking around with weird classic photoshopped themes so much. Their best stuff has always been their older gothic prints.
>>
>>9138191
Shit taste confirmed
>>
>>9138211
Only JAPANESE can be BURANDO you retarded summerfag
>>
>>9138212
100% agree. Will still give them my money though.
>>
File: DSC_0007.jpg (2MB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0007.jpg
2MB, 1280x853px
>>9138166

MM master race anon.
>>
>>9138211
Yes but we're talking about brand without the "chinese" prefix, or any other modifiers for that matter. Krad Lanrete is a brand, but it's not brand.
>>
>>9138221
>Krad Lanrete is a brand, but it's not brand.
>>
innocent world and meta
>>
Angelic Pretty.
>>
>>9138240
>being this retarded
>>
Pumpkin Cat
>>
>>9138221

What's the actual point of nitpicking what is 'brand' though other than imposing your constraints on other people. If she likes KL above other lolita specific brands she should, that's her perogative. As long as the brand is catering to lolita and isn't Liz Lisa or some Chinese soft sister brand, why give a fuck?
>>
Innocent World is my fave for having gorgeous classic prints but at a pretty affordable price compared to other brands.
>>
Metafag reporting in.
>>
Ista Mori
>>
All for my Haenuli
>>
>>9138220
MM master race reporting in!
>>
>>9138094
I like Baby's art style more, so I guess I'll go with them! AP is amazing too, though.
>>
>>9138256
Because KL is considered an indie brand, not "brand" brand.
>>
Meta
>>
>>9138179
When/where was this a debate? I'm not trying to dispute your claim, but I've been in lolita for many years and have never heard this, however, I did take a break for a few years, so I'm curious as to what I could have missed over that break. I'd be curious to see what some of the points made where, since Meta has had nice pieces since the late 90s as well as the questionable items.
>>
>>9138260
yo Metafags unite

But aside from Meta I'm obsessed with JetJ as my second choice. I just can't get enough of it, nowadays.
>>
>>9138352
iirc meta was the first japanese brand to directly offer overseas shipping so it didn't have that air of exclusivity about it in the late 90's/early 00's
>>
Meta, fucking fite me, faggots

If I had more money, moitie, AtPi and boz, but so much of their shit is very questionable although they have a lot of beautiful pieces
>>
>>9138372
Okay, thanks! Would that mean that the debate was mostly Japanese based, then? It's hard to imagine westerners having this issue that early on. I started in about 2006, so at that point Meta was pretty well established as a major brand and people just accepted their occasional shit releases.
>>
>>9138380
Diff anon, but nope a lot of that debate was western, although Meta has always been a bit of an outsider as far as brands go. Someone once said it was because Meta was Kansai region based rather than Kanto/Tokyo and Kansai girls were a bit more out there.
>>
I will live for IW and die in IW
>>
File: tricolor jsk navy_0.jpg (127KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
tricolor jsk navy_0.jpg
127KB, 480x640px
>>9138094
>Aatp
>anywhere near master race
hahaha oh my god hahahaha

Also,
>STRG+F Moitie
>only one result
Y'all a disgrace to our fashion.
>>
>>9138388
I could be wrong but wasn't/isn't Innocent World based in Osaka? That argument doesn't make much sense because as far as I know, nobody disputed IW's status.
>>
>>9138158
>ETC
basic bitch taste alert
>>
It's not a lolita brand but I'm a whore for Listen Flavor
>>
File: well-thats-original.jpg (40KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
well-thats-original.jpg
40KB, 600x450px
>>9138443
>>
>>9138423
The whole debate honestly sounds like it didn't happen, but moreso was just one person or maybe a handful saying that Meta wasn't a brand because they didn't like it enough, if anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 583x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 583x640px
Bury me in iron gate
>>
>>9138388
The Meta is weird because Kansai part is true.
>>
>>9138428
What? You do realize this is a Tibetan fishing board and liking any of this stuff is outside the norm?
>>
Based on how this thread is going, I'm gonna get shit on but AP or Little Dipper
>>
All about Victorian Maiden right now.
>>
>>9138255
the best taobao brand desu
>>
>>9138352
Different anon, but the last I saw a serious discussion about it was 2007 or 8. I feel like it was mostly used as troll bait, though.
>>
Meta. I love that they aren't afraid to REALLY fuck things up and some awesome prints come out of that. They are kind of their own style and I really like that. Plus, the customer service is God tier, AP and Baby have nothing on that.
>>
Meta and baby, even though lot of my main pieces are AP.
>>
>>9138666
honestly did you really think your shitty tripfag version of the same joke was necessary to add onto a thread that seemed to be avoiding being derailed?

To keep us on topic, Victorian Maiden for me
>>
File: ETC.jpg (28KB, 508x169px) Image search: [Google]
ETC.jpg
28KB, 508x169px
>>9138428
Eat my asshole
>>
>>9138533
VM and Jane Marple for me. MM I like the idea of more than holding onto any of the pieces.
>>
Moitie
>>
hard for me to pick a favorite since I have both a gothic and classic wardrobe, but as far as like what brands are the most consistent in terms of quality releases, I'd say my favorites are VM and Atelier Pierrot. IW comes in third.
>>
File: ap_2010_jsk_jewelryjelly_color3.jpg (43KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
ap_2010_jsk_jewelryjelly_color3.jpg
43KB, 250x333px
Angelic Pretty. I like the 2010 pastel vomit- that's my shit.
>>
>>9138191
Technically IT IS a Brand, but it's not Braaaaand. Y'know?

Try again, anon.
>>
Innocent World and lately, Angelic Pretty.
>>
>>9138256
By that logic bodyline is also brand.
>>
My fave is Moitie

>>9138388
I thought lolita originated in the kansai region
>>
Moitie will have my love always.
For classic, it's a tie between VM and MM.
>>
First boz fan in here
>>
AatP has been shit for years
>>
Old school Baby. Their newer stuff is shit.
>>
>>9138094
AatP & Baby have always been my favorites.
I've been a fan of them from the beginning of my Lolita years (I started 11 years ago), but I'm not really into the new stuff they make.
Nothing past 2013, definitely, that's the cutoff for me.
That was when it really stopped being interesting, prints got meh or repetitive...it just got so blah.
Best years (to me) were 2005 up to 2010 with some cool pieces up to 2013.
I love snatching up their older pieces on auction, still have quite a wishlist of AatP & Baby stuff.

I also love Moi Meme Moitie (especially older prints) but find it a bit pricey compared to secondhand (I mainly buy secondhand pieces) Baby/AatP so I only have 1 Moitie jsk lol.

And some Meta pieces are awesome too, gosh I love their velveteen collections, some old school (printed) jsks and their military inspired stuff.
>>
File: 1470183749571.gif (256KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1470183749571.gif
256KB, 500x378px
>>9138417
>using one especially bad piece to declare AatP as inferior
>favorite brand is Moitie

The beautiful irony.
>>
>>9139048
Your face has been shit for years
>>
>>9138417
Agreed, even the AatP that looks nice has shit construction, I'm done buying their main pieces

Moitiefag pride worldwide
>>
IW is comfy and reliable, and their solids are my absolute favourite. For prints I like BABY and the occasional Meta, and I also love both these brands' old school pieces. I've always admired MM and VM but somehow never get around to buying any, even secondhand. I'd like to think that if I were a rich girl (na na na na na na na na na na) I'd have a closet full of classy VM, MM and Jane Marple, but somehow I'm sure that the lure of slightly tacky sweet prints would be too much for me to resist.
>>
Burando - 2010-2012 AatP and Meta, as for the latter I usually don't like their designs but at the same time they're capable of releasing a few of my absolute favorites.
Indie Brands - LIEF and KL
>>
>>9139238
I've owned many pieces from both and see no real difference in the quality, other than that AatP is typically more intricate.
>>
Mary Magdalene and Excentrique
>>
AATP or bust
>>
AaTP and IW.
>>
>>9139288
>AATP
>Shitty boning that gets bent and ruined
>Corset lacing through fragile lace that will inevitably be damaged if you get it secondhand
>Newer prints and fabrics subject to snag and distortion of images after the first time I wore it
>Half lining

>Moitie
>Proper stiff materials used for laced-up designs
>Interfacing and lining in corset style bodices
>Nice fabric, less subject to snags
>>
>>9140228
I agree with the AatP, but I've had brand new Motie with awkward seams from uneven sewing, buttons coming off, cheap accent materials (such as ribbon prone to fraying), among other things. Sorry, but Moitie isn't as perfect as you're acting.
>>
>>9139229
>>9139231
>saltiness about Moitie being flawless and the fact that AatP>>9139238
peaked long ago
>>
>>9140386
Was it a lucky pack piece? I own about 150 Moitie pieces (not just dresses) have only have issues with one. That was because of the fabric choice though, not the construction.

>>9140468
Stupid phone. But you get what I mean.
>>
>>9140228
>corset lacing through fragile lacing
Stop making me shudder, anon. I know exactly what you're talking about. I love AatP prints, but everything you said is definitely unacceptable.
>>
I'm surpised no one likes JetJ anymore. Is OTT classic dead? That's fine, more for me.
>>
>>9140516
I love old JetJ, but don't really care much for current JetJ. I'm on the fence about Antique Doll. They still produce beautiful (non-painting) dresses sometimes, but from what I've seen of recent JetJ pieces their quality does not justify their high prices anymore.
>>
>>9138157
>STOP LIKING THINGS THAT I DON'T LIKE!
Seriously anon? Every time you bitch because someone likes Meta I picture you as a 6 year old, stamping your feet in impotent tiny person rage.
>>
>>9138666
Go away HWC. Your schtick is old, your life is pathetic, and your personality is just sad.
>>
Excentrique
It's expensive and hard to buy without a SS but I'm a sucker for that bespoke look.
>>
I love Meta. Nice quality, cute design. Of course they sometimes put out a bit questinable stuff, but hey, all brands do. Meta has it's own style and I like it.
>>
>>9140469
No, note I said "pieces" plural. I've owned 9 Moitie dresses and 4 skirts, and the things I mentioned happened with 5 or 6 of them. I only own a few side items, so I can't speak for those.
>>9140468
Hard to be salty about such a thing when Moitie barely even exists anymore.
>>
>>9140521
Antique Doll? I have never heard of them, do they have a website?
>>
File: 1468461765921.jpg (13KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
1468461765921.jpg
13KB, 250x247px
>all these bitter Manafags who can't handle the fact that AatP has surpassed MMM as the most popular goth brand
>>
putumayo
>>
File: antique doll.jpg (295KB, 670x400px) Image search: [Google]
antique doll.jpg
295KB, 670x400px
>>9140573
Sorry for the confusion, Antique Doll is a recent-ish release by JetJ.
>>
>>9140554
Which pieces were they? Barely exists? Moitie still releases things as often as they used to. Which is more than other main brands like VM and MM.

>>9140576
So? That's because Moitie doesn't cater to ugly fads. Don't get me wrong, I own AatP stuff too but their releases are meh these days at best.
>>
>>9140635
VM releases stuff pretty much every 2 weeks, way more often than MMM and MM.
>>
>>9140635
Gothic Arch (extremely uneven sewing on the zipper sode), Cathedral (uneven bust sewing and ribbon fraying, and no I never machine washed it or anything stupid like that to account for the ribbob), Iron Gate, and the rest were non-prints so I don't have their names committed to memory.

Also, I highly disagree with your response to that other anon. First of all, if you're going to seriously sit there and tell me that Moitie's most used motif, religious shit, isn't "catering to a fad", I really want to try whatever you are on. AatP caters to fads (since that's, you know... successful fashion business 101 and it would be dumb not to), but their stuff is over all very original and of their most sought after pieces, only one of them was a fad motif... and it was a church, so obviously you can't hold that against them.
>>
>>9140635
Oh yeah, I almost forgot- they don't release pieces as often as they used to at their peak. That is simply a fact, go look at their website as well as lolibrary. Also, their stuff doesn't sell out fast at all hardly anymore, and most dresses of theirs that used to sell for $600+ with a bloodbath now go for retail or less. Yeah, some stuff like Iron Gate and Gothic Arch are more expensive than ever, but they're the exceptions.
>>
>>9140618
Ahh, thanks for explaining anon.
>>
Anything pre 2012 IW and AP. Not the pastel vomit stuff but more of the elegant ones like tiara rose.

Indie wise haenuli puts out good stuff now and again.
>>
>>9140516
I love old J et J and never see anything nice for sale. Everything is their new fancy painting sundress cuts that don't look lolita
>>
>>9140684
>Classic and timeless gothic motifs are a fad

Lmao
>>
>>9138261
>This!!

Yes! They get so little love!
>>
I guess I am a Brand-hopper, I don't really have a favorite. If I love it and have access to it, I'll buy it.

I will say that of the brands/Indie I have bought multiples of, consistency in quality hasn't been the same. For example I own 3 AP dresses and only one of them doesn't give me a heart attack when I put it on. It's a really sturdy and well made dress. Ironically its an older print.
>>
>>9140900
>when Moitie uses popular motifs it's timeless, but when AatP does it it's catering to a fad
Explain to me how AatP's most popular motifs count as "catering to fads" then if religious shit doesn't? How the are fairytales and nautical shit any less legit and timeless to lolita than churches? You're starting to just sound stupid.
>>
I don't really have a favorite brand. I think they all have their duds.
>>
>>9141092
Just let it go, salty Moitiefags are always gonna salt over AatP overshadowing their precious.
>>9141094
Having a favorite brand doesn't mean you have to blindly love anything and everything they put out, anon...
>>
I don't have a favourite brand, I don't think there is one brand out there that I can favour above all else as to me, they all have a lot of items that miss the mark for my personal taste (I wear all 3 substyles and I'm stupidly picky).
I guess the prints I love mostly come from AP, but the non-prints I love come from Baby/AatP, so there's that.
>>
>>9141099
Yeah but I think they are all hit or miss to the same degree. There isn't one that I feel has more stuff that I do like.
>>
>>9140690
Again, they have always taken awhile to sell out. IG and GA included.

>>9141092
Not just motifs but the execution of dresses and materials that are low brand Taobao level. It's not that hard to understand.
>>
>>9141099
AatP has become more popular mainly due to Chinese lolitas who aren't into very gothic pieces. Which says a lot.
>>
>>9141565
We're never going to get tired of complaining about chinks ruining our precious fashion, are we.
>>
>>9141567
That's not what I meant. It was in regards to AatP not being super gothic anyway.
>>
>>9141567
Not until they've stopped ruining our precious fashion with their shit taste.
>>
>>9141564
>Not just motifs but the execution of dresses and materials that are low brand Taobao level. It's not that hard to understand.
This is just factually incorrect. You're being really ridiculous. Just deal with the fact most people like AatP more than Moitie these says and move on.

Also, old Moitie didn't take a year or more to sell out, unless it was ugly, like so many pieces these days.
>>
>>9141571
But if they're buying AatP, doesn't that mean more Moite for you?
>>
File: CmzMH4vUMAEFmdQ.jpg (17KB, 400x301px) Image search: [Google]
CmzMH4vUMAEFmdQ.jpg
17KB, 400x301px
>favorite brands are aatp and moitie
>fellow Moitie fans itt super full of sand about aatp
>>
>>9141569
Yeah, part if their success over Moitie is versatility. I don't think of them as a goth brand, they're just the most popular brand that regularly does Gothic pieces.
>>
>>9140576
Aww, all this Moitie and AatP fighting actually makes me really sad. Even if both are "gothic", they're two totally different types. Moitie is the classic, timeless EGL/EGA and AatP's forte is their many interesting prints for gothic lolita. Remember they dabble in classic and experimental things as well. They've been riding classic a lot lately so it's wrong to call them a strictly gothic brand.
>>
>>9140615
Me too! I also like Maxicimam, though. Putu has a wider variety of designs, but MAM is wonderfully tacky and old school.
>>
>>9140541
I'm gonna need artwork of this...
>>
>>9142085
MAM has some legit things, but over all they're ita af
>>
I guess my absolute favorite aesthetic wise would be Atelier Pierrot but not the recent clipart shit they're releasing, the timeless stuff like corset skirts and their princess sleeve blouses. I don't own a lot from them though - 4 dresses, 1 of which I'm trying to sell.
Second would be Meta, I love their cat prints and overall crazy, and they are the only brand I have actually bought first hand from more than once - again, my love for then is underrepresented in my wardrobe with 4 dresses and 1 skirt.
Third would be Angelic Pretty which is surprisingly over represented in my wardrobe (8 dresses) mainly due to the sheer volume of stuff they have made and my love of strawberries, but I mainly like their 2006-10 era and have only bought second hand
>>
Innocent World is probably my favourite. Although they don't often produce dream-tier pieces, they make a lot of versatile pieces that I'd rather fill my wardrobe with. I can never own enough of their blouses.
>>
>>9140228
this post made my heartrate quicken distressingly
>>
>>9140228
I'm sweet and own an op from Moitie. It's really next level compared to other brands. The fucker is from 2004 and in nearly perfect condition. If I wasn't such a hopeless sucker for sweet I would sell everything and get me some Moitie.
>>
>>9140228
This is totally a dead discussion by now, but I really like both brands and can say that the above is pretty spot on. Moitie isn't nearly as popular as AATP is nowadays, and I can say that their designs have declined in attractiveness (not as aesthetically pleasing, prints aren't as good anymore), but I will say that their quality really does trump that of AATP, and by a long shot. Even if an occasional piece is off, and even if their measurements are all over the fucking place, their materials are far superior and each dress is heavier and more sturdy.

I can't tell you how pissed and upset I was when I got my Ragnarok JSK and it fell apart before I could even wear it once. It was unlined and had such fragile fabric; when it arrived there was a huge hole in the bodice and you could see all of the seams were under a lot of stress just from being sewn without any reinforcements. It really made me second guess every buying anything new from them.
>>
>>9148548
AatP is the brand that made me "get" the print thing (2010 era) and I adore their old designs but I outright refuse to buy from them new or for above retail. The craftsmanship is just so shoddy, and the print quality of their recent chiffon prints is beyond sub-par. Even the dress from 2009 I have is a bit questionable in construction, so this isnt recent.

As a result though I've had to give up on my #1 dream dress because it's Masquerade Theater in red. But how can I justify the price tag when the bodice is likely damaged from the bones?
>>
>>9148554
Yeah, it's a shame, because I really do love their prints, but if you're patient then you can get a good price on anything from them, or at least "reasonable" for the going rate. Some of the $1,000+dresses will go from time to time for about $500-600, but you really need to be quick and keep looking.

I have the Merry Making in the Ghost Town skirt and am a little afraid to wear it. I bought it second hand, the previous owner says they wore it once, which I totally do believe, and already the boning is poking through. And don't even get me started on the fucking Frankenweenie series... The goddamn satin they used in that was SO cheap. On my JSK it tore right where the zipper was and the lining of my jacket is split right down the back seem, and the jacket arrived to me that way.
>>
>>9148568
Even $500 is too much for a dress that's likely been damaged honestly. I end up settling for print skirts, which in at least one case was for the better (Treasure Hunt in the Mystic Islands. The material is so thin and delicate)

Hah yeah, I got Versailles Rose embroidery and ended up ripping out the boning because it was poking through and it was better to damage it that way rather than let the material be ruined.
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.