[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skincare General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 37

File: Asian Beauty Setup.jpg (100KB, 1000x400px) Image search: [Google]
Asian Beauty Setup.jpg
100KB, 1000x400px
>>9088004
Basic Western Routine:
>Cleanser
>Toner
>Moisturizer

Starter Asian Routine:
>Oil Cleanser
>Foaming Cleanser
>Moisturizer
>Sunscreen

Some basic tips:
>Introduce Moisturizer first. As much as you want to introduce a cleanser to clean, a moisturizer helps control oil production
>introduce one product, two weeks at a time
>Unless starting BHA or AHA, you should not be getting new breakouts while introducing products
>YMMV always
>>
File: aa82dd07f58f34369c7d6c59e8978712.jpg (218KB, 600x1933px) Image search: [Google]
aa82dd07f58f34369c7d6c59e8978712.jpg
218KB, 600x1933px
Uploaded the wrong image... Oh well..

Basic skincare products are:

Cleanser: Cetaphil, CeraVe
Toner: Thayers Alcohol Free Witch Hazel
Moisturizer: Aloe Vera gel, Cerave PM Cetaphil moisturizer, Eucarin

Asian Beauty Starter Pack:
Oil cleanser: DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, Kose Softymo Speedy Cleansing Oil, Banila Co Clean It Zero
Second Cleanser: Hada Labo Foaming, Cerave Foaming, Tosowoong Powder Enzyme, CosRx Good Morning Gel
Moisturizer: Cerave PM, Benton Snail Bee Steam Cream, CosRx Honey Ceramide Full Moisture Cream, CosRx 92 Snail AIO
Sunscreen: Biore Watery Essence, Shiseido Senka Anti-aging, Canmake Mermaid UV Gel, Biore Perfect Milk

As always, YMMV. Just because other people like it, doesn't mean that you would
>>
Can I get some recommendations for under eye creams, rich but without the residual-oily feeling? I have combination skin and dark circles that I've had forever, but would really like to make an intensive effort to make them less obvious.
>>
Here's my routine, pls judge:

>Nature Republic Aloe Cleansing foam.
>12.5% Lactic acid twice a week.
>Neulii Aloe Vera & Willowbark Gel.
>Secret Key Snow White Cream
>Secret Key Snail Repair Eye cream.
>Secret Key Snail Repair Sun cream.

I'm still looking for a good sleeping pack/thick cream with niacinamide for nights and use 3W Clinic cotton masks a few times a week for fun.

Because I don't wear foundation unless I'm really going all-out, the Snow White cream really helps even out my skintone quickly.
>>
I just ran out of toner and according to the tracking code my roseroseau ebay buy is stock in customs. sigh.
>>
File: IMAG0966_1.jpg (269KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0966_1.jpg
269KB, 1440x2560px
Could I have some help? My skin is pretty good, except for two patches near my temples, pic related. I'm at my wit's end. I don't know what to do about it, I don't even know what it is or how to treat it. My current routine is as follows:

Morning
>hada labo foaming cleanser
>hada labo gokujyun lotion
>mizon aio black snail
>canmake sunscreen

Night
>hado labo foaming cleanser
>hada labo gokujyun lotion
>cerave pm lotion
>mizon snail recovery gel cream
>cure aqua gel 1-2x a week, clay masks and sheet masks occasionally

I've been thinking that maybe a bha or aha would help? I've also tried not using anything on my face, and it didn't help and it just made my face dry. My skin type is pretty normal, I think.
>>
Any particularly good products for pores in general?
>>
Has anyone else used a foot peel treatment and have it just completely not work for them? I used pic related a few months ago, followed the instructions to the letter, and nothing happened at all. I still have plenty of rough skin on my heels, balls of my feet and big toes that I would like to get rid of but I don't know if it's worth it to try again. Maybe a different brand?
>>
>>9139621
what is it? acne, scars, eczema, dry patches?
>>
Can anyone recommend a cheap, decent daily cleanser? I have normal skin that's a bit on the sensitive side, I'm in the US but if it's available online I can order it.
>>
>>9139689
read the thread, it's not even that long yet
>>
>>9139621
Have you already tried a vitamin c serum
>>
>>9139738
Sorry I asked for inexpensive options which others could vouch for? I don't see any posts that fit what I asked, but please do pardon me if I'm just blind.
>>
>>9139785
Google any of the reccs mentioned in the very first reply. Cerave's foaming cleanser is probably one of the best I've tried and it's <$10 for a size that will last a while.
>>
>end up with some Murad facial lotion
>wow this shit is awesome
>look it up online
>$38 for 1 oz bottle
I-I think I wanna do it

What's the most expensive product in your routine, gulls?
>>
>>9139920
I got some samples of Missha's 'Time Revolution Immortal Youth cream', which would be the BEST sleeping pack. But it's $58AUD for a 50ml jar..

As it is, my most expensive product is Neulii's BHA serum. It's like $20 for what is essetially just a basic aloe vera gel.
>>
>>9139678
I don't think it's scars, and it's not dry. I didn't think it was acne, and I haven't thought about eczema. I'll look into it, but I'm honestly not sure what it is, so I don't know how to treat it.

>>9139754
No I haven't, would that be beneficial? Do you have any links or suggestions for a serum?
>>
>>9140163
Vitamin C serums help to fade discoloration for a more even skin tone. C20 and Mad Hippie are two brands that I know of that seem to work for most people.
>>
>>9140202
Hmmmm sounds promising. I think I'll give it a try.
>>
So i started a basic cleanser/toner/moisturizer routine and holy fuck my face has gotten miles worse
What the fuck senpai
>>
>>9140231
What are you using, and how often?
>>
>>9140234
2x daily in the morning and at night
>Cetaphil daily facial cleanser
>Simple soothing facial toner
>Cetaphil daily facial moisturizer
And i wash with cool water and no soaps at 2-3pm
>>
File: 1444839583607.jpg (487KB, 736x1134px) Image search: [Google]
1444839583607.jpg
487KB, 736x1134px
>>9137434 this is probably the worst thing you could do for your skin. Far to many products and definitely does not apply to all skin types. If you really want to take care of your skin stick to drinking plenty of water and a balanced diet, limiting your routine to just a good cleanser, toner and moisturizer. Apply facial serums and masks no more then 2-3 times a week
>>
>>9139689
http://www.lookfantastic.com/garnier-skin-micellar-cleansing-water-400ml/11171628.html?utm_source=googleprod&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=gp_bodycare&affil=thggpsad&switchcurrency=AUD&shippingcountry=AU&gclid=CLuKhpX7us4CFVEAvAod4CAAdQ&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CNeLwZX7us4CFY1_vQodDDgL2w

pretty cheap, works wonders for most skin types
>>
>>9140239
The Cetaphil cleanser also broke me out when I tried it, and it may have been the sulfate in it.

It's hard to tell which product is the culprit (or if it's a combo) since it seems like you started with all 3 at once. The Simple toner also has witch hazel, which can be really irritating to some people. And if you're using the Cetaphil daily moisturizer with SPF, the chemical actives could be irritating if you don't know if you're sensitive to chemical sunscreens or not.
>>
>>9140231
whats your diet like? your spots look food related unfortunatly
>>
>>9140247
If you can't tell that they were reccommending different items for their respective 'stages' and thought that they meant to slather every single one on your face at once, I don't think that you're qualified to give advice on anything.
>>
>>9140259
Honestly I've been slacking off on my diet lately
Usually i don't eat any breads, pastas, potatoes or dairy, but I've had most if not all of those daily this past week.
How could you tell?

>>9140253
I'll fix my temporary diet slip up, and if that doesn't do it, I'll drop one at a time until i find the culprit(s).
>>
>>9140272
Cerave's products are a much milder starting point imo. Their products have been my fallback for a long time if another product I'm trying isn't working out, and my skin gets angry at a lot of things.
>>
>>9139643
BHA in general (assuming you're oilier than you are dry), clay masks (my go-to is innisfree's volcanic pore clay mask, but I've also been trying out the skin balancing mask by paula's choice, though it's a little more drying), and bioderma's sebium pore refiner

>>9139661
my mother has terrible dry cracked feet, and the baby foot foot peel that a lot of people rave about did nothing for her minus a tiny bit of peeling. a pedicure might help - just be wary about sanitation if you're going somewhere cheap. while my feet never get dry to the point of seriously cracking, I like slathering on a thick lotion or foot cream and then putting another layer of petroleum jelly over that to lock it in. then I wear thick socks until everything's soaked up, usually overnight.
>>
>>9140231
Acne gets worse before it gets better. I'm not a professional by any means, but I'd continue your routine for a week or two longer and see if there's any improvement.
Otherwise go get some prescription shit. Retinae is the only thing that works for my acne
>>
>>9140387
That's really only when you're taking up a new exfoliating routine or starting to use a chemical exfoliant. Basic items like a cleanser, toner, and moisturizer shouldn't be aggravating anything.
>>
>>9139621
It looks like PIE to me. I would definitely look into a BHA and Vitamin C to help clear those out. Also look for products with niacinamide to help with the brightening

>>9140231
>>9140387
No it shouldn't. The only time that happens is when your purging or starting actives. You're definitely reacting to something. Stop your routine completely for two to four weeks, introduce a moisturizer for two weeks the cleanser then toner. Cetaphil's pH is on the higher side than what is recommended so I would switch that first
>>
Salicylic acid, if that fails benzoyl peroxide, and if that fails get a retinoid prescription. Also, don't touch your face.
>>
File: 1445203947001.jpg (33KB, 552x555px) Image search: [Google]
1445203947001.jpg
33KB, 552x555px
>>9140264
dont be so mad, anon was just trying to help
>>
>>9139661
Milky Foot, my feet shed like a snake. It was glorious and terrifying
>>
>>9138479
Have you tried Naruko Night Gellys? I bought one but it's still on my test schedule. The other is actually Rosette Ceramide Gel used as a sleeping pack. I use it as my last step and I wake up with super soft skin.
>>
>>9139643
Depends on what you want to do. Anything with ceramides, especially the three types, help strengthen your moisture barrier and hydrate the skin so pores look smaller.

Oil Cleansing might help too, especially if you can grits

BHA as the other anon mention. Just make sure that you start slow
>>
>>9139920
I have a decant of Blossom Jeju Cleansing Oil right now and I bet anything that it's the best cleansing oil I would try.

I also refuse to try Sulwhasoo. I don't care that their products are made out of unicorn cum and fairy piss, it's way to expensive even for samples
>>
>>9138469

seconding :3c
>>
>>9140640
Mind doing a review of that? I've been thinking about getting it but always get cold feet.
>>
>>9138479
Secret key snow white is the temporary skin whitener right? If you're looking to do permanent whitening there are better products you can use.
I use Likas/Silkas soap and koiji (sp?) san lotion. Dries me out but I use a ton of moisturizers.
>>
>>9139523
I just got the cosrx toner and the black sugar mask in the other day, good stuff.
>>
>>9140231
this is severe acne and you need prescription medicine if you don't want scars. skincare alone will not miraculously heal this.
it's amazing how some people on here continue to see going to an actual doctor as a last option and keep giving shitty advice from afar.

I live in a country with free basic healthcare but i'm getting an eczema treatment for 400€ a month as a last straw because it's ruining my life. This put me on no-buy for months but it's worth it.

go see a doctor anon.
>>
>>9141190
I agree, but I assume anyone with skin problems that bad have a complex about seeing the doctor or dermo if they're posting here instead of going to a professional in the first place. It just seems like a common sense thing
>>
>>9140202
>>9140418
Thanks guys, I just ordered cosrx bha and the OST serum. I'll report back in a few weeks how it goes!
>>
>>9140247

I don't think this is entirely great advice either. Skin care needs are going to be unique to each person. Some people might do best with the western cleanser-toner-moisturizer, but some people absolutely need the more intense, multistep asian-style routine. It really just depends on your skin and what works with it.
>>
Any exfoliant recommendation?

I need something chemical as I have very sensitive skin and physical tends to give me rashes and hurt.

I also have dry skin with acne and rosacea. My current one isn't helping too much :(
>>
>>9141307

I use mandelic acid from GoW and like it. Paula's Choice AHA and CosRX AHAs are pretty popular too.

What kind of acne do you have?
>>
File: exfoliant.png (42KB, 254x320px) Image search: [Google]
exfoliant.png
42KB, 254x320px
>>9141307
Pic related, I use it personally as well as on my clients (I'm an esthetician, granted i got my training from aveda sorry if shill) but it's very nice, does it's job without being inflammatory. Gentle enough to be used morning and night; especially recommend it towards people who have the issues you listed. I think it's about $20 for the bottle but it's a HUGE bottle and a little goes a helluva long way.

Seconding other anon though, what sort of acne, and what are you already doing with your routine?
>>
>>9140231
>So i started a basic cleanser/toner/moisturizer routine and holy fuck my face has gotten miles worse
anon we told you INTRODUCE ONE NEW THING AT A TIME SO YOU KNOW IF YOU REACT BADLY TO IT OR NOT

why did you change everything?
>>
What's a good, reliable place for buying the My Scheming L-Ascorbic Acid masks in the green packet (the ones with with niacinamide listed as the second ingredient)? I'm in love, but everywhere I try seems to only have the cheaper white-packet version with a different formula.

>>9138469
The Secret Key Starting Eye Cream kind of dries to a slightly gummy barrier that doesn't feel or look greasy (but you can rub it off your skin if you're into touching your eyes). I really recommend it if you're prone to dry eyelids like I am.
>>
How much do you generally shave for cosplay/lolita?
Is it weird to shave your arms? I have medium dark arm hair that I'm thinking of shaving. and I also have light brown lip hair that isn't too visible but I'm worried about it showing up in up close photos. My only worry is growing back darker, and blunt. Would waxing help at all with that?
>>
>>9141381
What is bleach?

Arm stubble is not cute. Bleach that shit. I would look into waxing for your upper lip.
>>
>>9141381
Sorry, shaving your arms is super weird where I come from. I only shave my calves and underarms, though.
>>
How much is too much? How would you tell if you have too many steps to your routine? I ask cause I have a pretty extensive one but I have yet to notice anything bad.
>>
>>9141381

I don't really have hairy arms/dark body hair, but I keep my arms shaved anyway. Fuck it. I like them being very smooth.

I also started shaving my face to get rid of peach fuzz and haven't looked back. It's awesome. Skin is smoother, skin care products absorb better, and my makeup goes on cleaner.
>>
>>9141326
>>9141314

Thank you! I'll definitely look into those.

I mostly get papules and whiteheads. I sometimes get cystic also, but it's never too severe. I have scarring and over all poor skin texture on top of it too, so it always looks worse than it really is.

Right now my routine is Rhonda Allilson foaming peptide cleanser in the morning & at night, Vivant skin care allantoin moisturizer after washing my face morning & night, and control collective sunscreen after moisturizer in the morning.
>>
I just bought a foaming cleanser as well as a day time moisturizer and some sleeping pack moisturizers.
Q: is exfoliating a necessity?
I just don't really have an "exfoliate" in theory besides a sugar scrub that I don't use often. I mostly just wash the bulky gunk/makeup off when I take a shower.
>>
>>9141603
Not super necessary, but it helps to keep your skin smoother and supple. Using a BHA has really helped with keeping my large pores under control
>>
I accidentally referred to a Tonymoly product as Etude House in front of the cute Korean shopgirl today like a filthy gaijin.

;~; Shameful.
>>
I am pretty new to skincare and I have many stupid questions.

When you put on eye cream, do you put it on your eyelids or JUST under your eye?

When you moisturise, do you just do your face or whole body or just parts of your body? I've been thinking of using a cheaper moisturiser on my neck/arms. I see so many older people with such wrinkly necks and hands, I'd really like to avoid that (I'm hoping that just sunscreen and moisturising will do that but was unsure if there was a special product).

When you use a cleanser... You have to wash it off right? I got the Cetaphil Cleanser and it said to apply it and wipe it off. Can you just wipe it off?

With cleanser I thought you just applied it at the end of the day then moisturised but I see in this thread it's recommended before moisturising. Does that mean you should use cleanser in the morning as well? Or is the western routine for night and Asian routine for day time?
>>
>>9141430
Don't you get dark stubble on your face?
>>
>>9141795
A ton of wrinkle prevention has to do with sunscreen, so that plus moisturizing should be enough. I use a cheaper sunscreen on my neck (and any exposed chest below that), and leave my favorite one for the face.

Yes you have to wash a cleanser off so you don't have a film drying on your face. If you're wiping it off really well I guess you don't need to rinse with water. Some people feel it's too drying to use a cleanser both morning and night and just splash with water in the morning, but others prefer 2x a day. Test it out and see for yourself.
>>
>>9141430
Same here with the peach fuzz. Mine is practically transparent but very dense and would interfere with the SPF and foundation I use, but shaving it once a week or so solves all that. As soon as I started shaving it people were complimenting me on how great my skin looked.

>>9141799
No, that is a myth. Peach fuzz is vellus hair which is naturally light, soft and thin. The only way to turn vellus hair into darker, thick terminal hair is by hormonal changes.
>>
File: str_prod_noreva.jpg (6KB, 368x87px) Image search: [Google]
str_prod_noreva.jpg
6KB, 368x87px
Anyone got excperience with Noreva products? I got some samples of Exofalic, Aquareva and Zeniac LP but each is just 5ml, so I have no idea about long term experience. I used those 3 products today and my face felt and was clean all day long but the products are kinda expensive. Each product is like 15.-€ for 150ml. Which kinda sucks.
>>
>>9141799

Yeah, I have had absolutely no problems with it growing back in darker or thicker. It's still blonde/white transparent fuzz. As >>9141864
says, that's a myth.

I also found it makes my skin look dewier and have more of a glow.
>>
>>9141795
>eye cream
My main concern is wrinkles all around my eyes so I close my eyes and pat it on that area

>moisturiser
I use my facial moisturiser and actives like retinol and vitamin c on my neck and hands as well. I think face, neck and hands show the most signs of aging and if you lift weights as you get older you can keep enough muscle bulk to avoid old lady flab everywhere

>cleanser
I like to wash it off as wiping you need a clean cloth or flannel every time, it pulls in your skin which is bad for it and you may not get all the product off.

>>9141398
Too many steps to me is when you are finding your routine is making you late to work or you can't find time every day. Also if you have a huge routine and no improvement in your skin/skin getting worse you need to either change the products or the routine
>>
>>9140640
I got a sample of the Sulwhasoo essential firming cream and I love it. It's not for someone with oily skin though, it's pretty heavy duty. Makes a good night cream. Makes me want to try other things from Sulwhasoo but you're right about the price.
>>
>>9137400
>>Cleanser
>>Toner
>>Moisturizer
Been doing that with products suggested in these threads for 2 months and 0 progress. My skin still gets oily after like 3 hours of using it. I just want to make it through the day without oily skin. Is that too much to ask?
>>
>>9139661
I use the etude house one and leave it on for double time because I have crazy callouses from walking around barefoot all the time.

You shed like a snake about after a week, it's great.
>>
>>9140247
After 2 months of a 'tailored' to my skin asian regimen, my face looks better than it did 10 years ago, when I was in high school.
You are very misinformed.
>>
>>9141772
I'm laughing at you, fyi
>>
>>9137400
Ok, so i'm totally new to skincare. Like, i never really used anything else than basic soap to clean my face and body. My face skin is quite soft (not too greasy or dry), but there is a lot of little black spots on it (sorry, dunno the english word for that).

Since i never used it, i have no idea of which kind of product would help me get rid of those spots. I'd appreciate any insight.
>>
My face flushes after I use my moisturiser. It doesn't hurt in any way, just feels a little numb at first and then goes away. Should I switch moisturisers?
>>
>>9143275

Maybe you need to try different products or a different routine?

If you don't want to do that, you could just buy oil blotting rice paper and blot every now and then when you feel like your skin is getting too oily.
>>
>>9143357
Does your moisturiser contain niacinamide? Certain skincare ingredients can make your skin flush a little and it's nothing to be concerned about unless it's painful or lasts a long time.
>>
>>9143404
Nope, just retinol, vit E, and plenty of ceramides (I think)
http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_4f87182748.html
That's the ingredient list
>>
>>9143275
Oily skin is just something you inherit that can be managed, but probably not entirely eliminated unless your skin starts to cut back on sebum production as you get older. It's a bitch to deal with, but at least you'll have less chances at wrinkling as you get older I guess.

You can try sunscreens made to help keep skin matte for longer, like Replenix Ultimatte, or Murad Mattifier. And of course makeup products formulated specifically for oily skin.
>>
Potentially dumb question:
When my skin is freshly moisturised I look like 5 years younger, my lips are plumper, skin looks brighter etc. But during the day my face slowly regresses into that of an elderly Turkish meth abuser until I come home and moisturise again.

Is that normal? The effect usually lasts a couple of hours + overnight. Maybe it's more noticeable to me, but how do I make the moisturised look stick around without messing up my makeup/ss?
>>
>>9143522
Drink more water. Otherwise I dunno
>>
Feel free to attack me, I don't do anything for my skin. Besides rinsing it with warm and cold water in the shower daily of course. I guess the steam from the hot shower might help? Forgive my ignorance, but in all honesty every skin care product I've ever tried has made me break out so I just stopped using them altogether. Besides a few blackheads and small zits that pop up during that time of the month, my skin seems pretty clear and fine. I do admit to having some body acne though, any recomendations for that?
>>
>>9137400
Is a clarasonic worth the money or is there a comparable skin brush? Are the effects of using the spin brush significant?
>>
Anyone have any skin tightening/firming treatments that actually work?

I kind of want to save up for my own radiofrequency machine, but I'm terrified that the positive reviews are from a placebo effect.
>>
>>9143719
I'm also prone to break outs and irritation, especially to anything that has fragrance. The key is being thorough about checking ingredient lists instead of slapping whatever on my face with a prayer. I also note brands that make a product that has worked well for my skin, so I can check out whatever else they have available.

If you really don't need it no one's going to make you start one, although I think you could at least consider a sunscreen. For body acne,try a salicylic or benzoyl peroxide spot treatment.
>>
I've never used any kind of skin care product and I want to ease into a routine. I'm thinking of ordering Banila Co Clean It Zero and Sea Daffodil Cleansing Mousse. Has anyone used either of these?

Also how the fuck do you figure out what kind of skin type you have? I don't think I'm greasy or dry, it's just crappy skin.
>>
>>9143275
See, I'm thinking that you might want to start adding in different problems and try to figure out if your skin is not oily but dehydrated
>>
>>9144452
What do you mean, senpai?
>>
>>9144448
The napkin test is really one of the better ways to figure out what your skin type is. Since you're new and wanting to start with Asian regiment, this is the order of products to patch test:
>moisturizer
>second cleanser
>oil cleanser
>sunscreen

Starting with the oil cleanser first, might do more harm than good since only washing isn't a good way to ensure that it's all removed
>>
Bless these threads for getting me onto an AHA. I'm about a month into using one and my skin has never looked this good.
>>
>>9144454
I would try Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Pact/Powder or Skinfood Peach Sake Serum for oil control before putting on makeup. If you find that your face is still oily despite using one of these products then you might want to consider a hydrating toner since your skin producing oil to make up for it's lack of hydration
>>
>>9141190
I'm getting a second job and going soon
My face has been like this for over 3 years now, there's no way I'm not going to have scars for the rest of my life so I'm not concerned about that
>>
>>9143275
This is my problem here.
My skin is SUPER oily, something I got from my dad's side, and diet changes hasn't really done that much (that said, I haven't eliminated caffeine and sugar from my diet because punk bitch).
I have thought of beginning a routine, but everything I've read basically saws if your skin is just that oily, there is fuckall you can really do about it.
>depressing, mang, I just don't wanna glow in light
>>
>>9143354
Black spots may be blackheads or simply skin spots.
Can't tell you which unless you tell us how dark you naturally are.
>>
File: 1442745154090.jpg (7KB, 395x395px) Image search: [Google]
1442745154090.jpg
7KB, 395x395px
Is the Tonymoly peach anti-aging handcreme worth it? The packaging gets me everytime ;~;
>>
>>9144531
Yes. Get the Peach for your left hand, Apple for your right and the Banana sleeping pack. Go the full fruit salad.

>But honestly they're all really good products and hnnnnnnng the smell.
>>
>>9144496
>>9144518
As someone who has 'rubbed a stick o' butter on my face' levels of oily skin, this is what has seriously helped me recently:

Absolutely SMOTHERING my face in aloe gel and a heavy emollient sleeping pack at night. Filling it was so much of that sweet, sweet hydration that it doesn't want to produce oil during the day.
And a niacinamide cream during the day. Something about it makes my face almost powdered matte, and I'm sure it's the niacinamide because I've tried multiple products with it in the top ~5 ingredients to the same effect.
>>
>>9144550
>>Absolutely SMOTHERING my face in aloe gel and a heavy emollient sleeping pack at night. Filling it was so much of that sweet, sweet hydration that it doesn't want to produce oil during the day.
I'm super jewish about the amount. I will try that tonight.
>>
File: 1468821629343.jpg (49KB, 960x539px) Image search: [Google]
1468821629343.jpg
49KB, 960x539px
>>9144546
I wheezed, thanks for the laugh anon~
Time to get me a fruit salad!
>>
>>9144471
What product are you using?
>>
>>9144531
I really loved it. Great smell, and it made my hands super soft. Can't say if it's anti-aging or not.
>>
>>9141351
I was eager don't hate me senpai
I'm going to a dermatologist soon enough anyway
>>
>>9144550
Which sleeping pack(s) do you use? I got the Too Cool for School Pumpkin Pack as a gift, and even though it felt nice on my skin, it makes me break out. I figured sleeping packs were just too heavy for me.
>>
Any advice with eczema on the body? I have been thinking about starting a routine using the Dr Organic Manuka Honey Rescue cream, but if anyone had any advice for some a little cheaper I would be eternally grateful! At the moment I am using the Moogoo psoriasis cream followed by coconut oil as a barrier to lock the moisture in. My skin is superrrrrrrrrr dry so I drink 3L a day and moisturize morning and night, but I am still constantly dry (hair, skin, eyes) it is awful :(
>>
>>9145201
Bring the bottles with you so your Derm can give you detailed criticism on how you fucked up.
>>
>>9144926
COSRX AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid
>>
>>9144550
I did that tonight and today was one of my best days. It might have been a concidence. I will keep doing that and hope the results improve further.
>>
I don't know what the hell I did, maybe rubbed too hard with the cotton pad, but I have gross lumpy red lactic acid burns on my cheeks near my nose.

What do?
>>
File: 0000132422000.jpg (591KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
0000132422000.jpg
591KB, 1000x1000px
What are you gulls' favorite sheet masks? How often do you prefer using them, and do you change up which types/brands you use?
>>
>>9147460
Don't use you full retinue of products for a while, dont pick at it, use gentle face cleaners. Either antibiotic ointment or a combination of this and a light moisturizer will help the healing process. Avoid applying vitamin e, it can sometimes make it worse and more irritated.
>>
>>9137434
I'm so confused by this. I thought the Wonderpore was a toner?

R8 my skincare routine? I have an oily t-zone and wear make up everyday because of my jabu.

Lancome's Oil Cleanser (I don't like this, what's better?)
CeraVe's seafoam green Cleanser
Wonderpore Freshener
May Coop Raw Sauce
Shiseido White Lucent Serum
Lancome's Energie de Vie Liquid Moisure Booster (I'm looking for a better moisturizer, this one smells like alcohol)
>>
I have small bumps all over my face, it seems. None of them have white or black dots, or even noticeable sebum, but when I squeeze them, white stuff comes out.

What are these? They're just small (almost unnoticeable) raised bumps, no discoloration.

More importantly, how can I get rid of them?
>>
>>9147702
Sounds like either keratosis pilaris or closed comedones but I'm not an expert
>>
Does dermarolling/dermaneedling/dermastamping actually work the way it's described, or does it just create scar tissue under the skin that makes it firmer?
>>
>>9147702
Blocked pores. Don't squeeze, chemically exfoliate, clean makeup properly, check the products in your routine aren't causing it. I also get them when I'm PMSing.
>>
Has anyone used the Tony Moly Cherry Blossom Whitening Cream? I got a free sample of it and can't find reviews. CosDNA says it has niacinamide in it, which is an ingredient my skin really likes.
>>
>>9147702
Those are probably blocked pores.

Best way to deal with them is during your nighttime routine, so you can take your time and sleep off any irritation. Use a cleansing oil (I like Holika Holika's BB Soda Pore, but you can use baby oil or food-grade olive oil), let it sink in for a minute, and then massage it OVER the surface of your face slowly and gently with your fourth fingertips (being careful not to pull the skin). You should begin to notice little hard gritty particles under your fingers, which is the solid gunk in the pores coming out (for me, they're translucent, pure white and look almost like shreds of fingernail or plastic, but it depends on your skin - they might be brown or grey. It doesn't mean it's dirty, it's to do with the way the sebum is oxidising).

Clean off the oil normally, using foam cleanser if you do two-step cleansing. You might notice little red spots where the grits came out, but they should be mildly irritated rather than bleeding, and it's fine. Put on a nice, light, bland moisturiser and go to sleep.
>>
I've already got some western neutrogena AHA/BHA thing. Any reason to drop that for some asian CosRX AHA or just stick with what I've got?
>>
>>9148502
If it works for you, then I'd stick with it
>>
File: 2303808.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
2303808.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
Any recommendations for acne-fading products? I've gotten to the point that I can control breakouts, now I just need something to get rid of the red marks. I've been using this toner for a few weeks and I'm not sure if it's working as well.
>>
>>9148502
If you aren't seeing a difference, it wouldn't hurt to switch. Cosrx does a great job.
>>
>>9148577
Vitamin C, niacinamide, retinol and BHAs.
>>
>>9145363
Moisturise 4 times per day and consider using those gel gloves and socks if you have eczema on your hands and feet. If you're starting to get a flare rather than just being dry then a few days of regular steroid cream (2 times a day, thin layer, apply separately to moisturiser) will help you get on top of that cycle. Also don't use soap, use a soap substitute (and nothing too alkaline since your skin barrier is likely to be compromised anyway) and try not to stay in the shower too long, don't shower too hot, if you have a bath use bath oil if you can and no bath products, avoid irritants and triggers etc
>>
I have dark inner thighs from being an ex-fattie/chub rub. What's the best brightening cream for that area?
>>
>>9148577
If you're looking for a new toner. Try Pixi's toner, it has glycolic acid (BHA) which will help to tone down any scars or acne marks.
>>
>>9149093
brightening creams aren't that effective in general. There's no way you'll find an area specific one that actually works.
>>
>>9149093
You mean you need asshole bleach and moisturizer recommendations?
>>
Hello, I would like some help because my dermatologist didn't want to help me....

I'm a bit desesperate.

I have really big pores and blackheads on my cheeks and nose. ( probably scars from previous bad acne? )

I start to have wrinkle near the corner of my mouth ( like the wrinkle when you smile ? )

I often get pimples on my chin. I also have blackheads and those really weird pimples : http://static.acne.org/ipb_uploads/monthly_2016_04/Acne.jpg.e98609bc081fa9ee3cdb47ff882d940d.jpg

On my body, i also have eczema and Psoriasis ( i have psoriasis on my forehead actually, but im more concerned with my cheeks, chin and nose. )

I clean my skin with every morning and night with an antibacterian cleanser for sensible skin, follow by toner for sensible skin and moisturizer.

I would like to know if there is any product you would recommand for me ? Thank you <3<3
>>
What does /cgl/ use to help with diaper rash?
>>
>>9150104
Shea Moisture makes an African black soap designated 'eczema and psoriasis therapy medicated cleansing bar'. I usually find it at Walgreens. It works well for body acne and my roommate found it great for his eczema. It's not meant for constant use. I never used it on my face, but he used it on his face with no problems.

You may like Freeman's 'apple cider vinegar 4-in-1 foaming clay' or their 'charcoal and black sugar facial polishing mask'. I've been liking these exfoliators. The charcoal and black sugar mask can easily be used in the shower.

I use Perlier 'honey langhe bath cream' for my face. It is currently sold out so I may have to switch to another kind containing honey. I have extremely bad skin and found out by accident about a year and a half ago that this stuff worked for my face.

Honey is a natural antibacterial agent and this stuff contains tons of it. They use to make a lavender and honey bath cream that was awesome.

I like Lancome's 'bienfait aqua vital' without sunscreen as a moisturizer. I do not have any right now because it is terribly expensive. It has a very watery consistency.
>>
>>9150104
face oils helped me a lot, make sure they don't have too many ingredients, preferably 100%.
argan, aloe and current seed oil are very good for dry skin.
>>
>>9151157
Tea tree oil and rubbing alcohol. 90% or bust.
>>
Has anyone ever used baking soda for cleaning pores?
>>
So for the last few weeks I've had these weird red weepy rash spots on my face? I honestly have no idea what they are or why they're there since I've never had anything like this before. They're along my nose and waterline on the one side of my face, and they just don't go away. I'v e been putting vitamin c serum on it daily but it's just not healing up.
>>
>>9152625
Yeah, don't use baking soda to clean your pores. You'll wreck your face. Get a BHA and a clay mask if you want to clean them.
>>
>>9152839
Sounds like it could be seborrheic dermatitis. Are the rash spots flaky? Try a low strength BHA (like 2%).
>>
>>9153022
Yeah they are a bit flaky. I use a BHA and an AHA everyday so I don't really know what else to do. My only other thought is that it could be a weird allergic reaction? I work around chemicals all day and I wouldn't be surprised if I got some on my hands and rubbed my face at some point.
>>
>>9151157
talcum powder
>>
>>9153213
I think only a professional could help determine what it is at this point since rashes can be indicative of so many things.

When I got a dermatitis flare up around my nose, BHA and a moisturizer with honey extract in it is what helped it to subside quickly, so it does sound like it could be something external.
>>
>>9152839
Have you tried a little bit of coconut oil? Besides that I would leave them alone and see if they start to heal. It sounds like the kind of thing where adding products might just make it worse.
>>
I've got a different skin tone/shade on my face vs. the rest of my body. My face is darker and yellower compared to my arms and body, which are more milky and light -- not just like a tan, but prevalent even in winter and whatever. I rarely outside or get sun exposure often so I don't get it. Should I use a lighter shade of makeup or stick to using the one that looks like my face color? I'd prefer to look as light as my body but I used a BB cream before in a lighter shade and it just looked cakey...
>>
>>9154010
Stick to using the same colour as your face. If you want to be lighter, you can create the illusion of lightness with highlighter or lighter-coloured powder, but foundation/BB only looks good if it matches your skin exactly.

One trick that I sometimes use is applying a sunscreen with a white cast (I used Ambre Solaire 50++ Baby In The Shade - any zinc oxide sunscreen aimed at babies will do) and let it dry before I put on foundation.

You might have good results from brightening masks and creams containing arbutrin and/or niacinimide. And be really dutiful with your sunscreen application if you aren't already.
>>
>>9155207
Thank you, anon. I've always tried to avoid the white cast on sunscreen look but I'll give it a try once I pick another one up (which probably won't be long, with my spending habits...) Anyone have recs for brightening masks?
>>
>>9155268
I'm obsessed with the My Scheming L-Ascorbic Acid ones, but there's two formulas - you want the kind that comes in the solid green packet. The one in the white packet isn't as good.

I also really like the Tony Moly Dual Affect Sleeping Pack as a whitening sleeping pack.
>>
After using Proactiv+ for a couple of months, my skin has become so oily that my face looks wet. It's been almost a year and my skin still hasn't returned to normal (I used to have moderate combination skin). Does anyone have any suggestions on how to return my skin back to pre-Proactiv+ state?
>>
>>9155347
Proactive is horrible. I would stop completely and then assess how your skin is before trying again.
>>
>>9156634
I know, anon... Proactiv is shit. I've stopped for around a year now. I think the last time I used it was like October or November 2015 but it's still an oily mess. Now I'm busy lurking the shit out of these skincare threads trying to learn and fix my mistakes. Do you think it might be severely dehydrated or something?
>>
File: routineAug2016.jpg (153KB, 1000x538px) Image search: [Google]
routineAug2016.jpg
153KB, 1000x538px
Hey gulls, this is what I am doing now.
I could use some suggestions on improving it.

I still need:
>deep wrinkle care
>something for hyper-pigmentation
>something for deep purple under eyes
>essence / essential oil suggestions
>Heavy daily use moisturizer

I have combination skin, and pretty much no acne thanks to what I've changed about my routine and diet.
I'm making up for years of not taking care of my skin, so I'm trying to rehabilitate. I look older than I am, or at least older than I want to look, so any help picking a retinol that is worth the sticker shock is helpful.
>>
>>9157753
Last thing. What does everyone use for body acne / blocked pores?
>>
>got chemical peel 2 days ago
>skin is falling off in chunks, need to avoid sunlight
>"hey anon do you want to go out this weekend?"
When will it end?
>>
File: 20160825_145714.jpg (2MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
20160825_145714.jpg
2MB, 1536x2048px
Alright, so I feel like I have eczema, but when I look up the different types and treatments, nothing that looks like this comes up. Basically, every year (since 2013) around this time of the year until early Spring my body will become absolutely covered in pic related, my actual arm and hand. I have this all over my hands, arms, legs, neck, ears, and some on my face and chest. I've been using eczema based lotions with both cortisone and without, but nothing is working. I itch all over and I look like a monster. Does anyone know what exactly this is, what treatments I should take, and if I should see a doctor? Thank you!
>>
File: Snapchat-27422290921524217.jpg (922KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-27422290921524217.jpg
922KB, 1440x2560px
>>9158218
Better view of what it looks like. It's not a very photogenic rash
>>
>>9158218
>>9158226
It kinda looks like the eczema my little cousin has but idk. His mom has it too and they just kinda have to live with it. I'd definitely go see a dermatologist, they'll be able to help you best.
>>
>>9158218
That looks like hives. Go see a doctor, that's weird and not a run of the mill skin problem.
>>
>>9158226
Definitely go see a doctor, anon. I would've gone to see one LONG before now and I don't even have insurance.
>>
I've started using the Salcura Antiac range and so far (3 months in) it's been great. I am getting less spots and the ones I do get seem to go quicker. I have/had moderate acne I guess. Get on their mailing list if you want to try them, they send out offers fairly often. Im not sure if they do it anymore/if its only in certain countries but they also do a satisfaction money back thing if it doesn't work for you.
>>
>>9158226
Looks like an allergic reaction. Are you always this puffy too?
>>
>>9158226
This is dyshidrotic eczema, which I have, or pompholyx. There is no cure but hydrocortisone cream will make it go away for a while.
>>
>>9137434
I've legit never done any kind of skincare other than maybe moisturizer once in a blue moon.
Should I just but these items and go at it?
Is it that simple?
>>
>>9158226
>>9158218
Definitely go to a doctor, why are you even asking? It's clearly unresponsive to regular eczema treatments and although it could be an atypical eczema it could also be something else that requires totally different treatment. Skin things mimic each other (discoid eczema and psoriasis for example) so you're best to go to a dermatologist. It may be you need stronger steroids, occlusion (like wet wraps for your hands) or you're also reacting to the creams you're using.
If you want a good skin resource, dermnet is fairly helpful and used as a reference by a number of doctors, but definitely shouldn't take the place of a doctor's consultation (plus it's partly subsidized by pharmaceutical companies so doesn't list that many alternative treatment options)

>>9157753
How deep are your wrinkles? Actual grooves in your face need fillers or botox, there are no creams to treat those, but retinol or tretinoin is usually the next step for creases around eyes and smile lines etc. I use the generic prescription one, Retin A, as it's subsidized here so I only pay $5 for 3 months supply.
Hyperpigmentation wise - vitamin C. I'm going to try the one from Holy Snails since the OST C20 one did absolutely nothing for my hyperpigmentation
Purple under eyes is tricky and if you're sleeping well and not anaemic it may well just be genetic (thin skin + veins)
I haven't yet found an essence or oil I like, so can't help with that, and for a more heavy duty moisturiser I generally use Steam Cream which has not yet broken me out. I also use an AHA night cream/moisturiser but it isn't particularly moisture-delivering, it's more like a treatment cream.

>>9157615
Definitely try fixing the hydration of your skin with moisturiser first! Aloe vera gel might be a good first step if you are finding that your face is an oil slick.
>>
>>9158218

Seconding >>9158286 about dyshidrotic eczema. The bumps are a big giveaway. I have it too and been suffering from it since I was a kid. Do the affected areas sometimes "weep" clear fluid? Avoiding water and soap unless necessary, and keeping skin well moisturized with lotion + vaseline, is what is helping me the most at this moment. I know it itches but scratching it makes it worse. You can go to doctor for a steroid cream, Betamethasone did not work for me but Fluocinonide does. I use it sparingly because it does thin the skin over time. Don't worry I feel like a monster too qq
>>
>>9141154
It does both actually. The titanium dioxide in it acts as a temporary effect and it also has nicinamide which is more permanent. I use this cream also and I really love the way it smells plus it helps fade the marks I get from my hormonal acne.
>>
>>9144546
I haven't used it but they have a sunscreen from TonyMoly that comes in a Mango container now. More fruit for the salad.
>>
>>9158729
This was a super helpful post anon. I am going in for a checkup, I'll ask about a scrip for Retin A. My wrinkles are deeper on my forehead, but they did show improvment over the past couple of months, so my goal is to take it the rest of the way with something specifically for that issue.
I think my purple undereyes are genetic, after a bit of research, so I'll see if my new concealer works well once it comes in.
I'll order vitamin c tonight for sure.
>>
>>9157615
First thing is to find a moisturizer that you like. I would probably pick something with ceramides since your moisture barrier is probably fucked
>>
>>9137400
>introduce one product, two weeks at a time
wait, so if I'm taking the western routine, I need to introduze, say, moisturizer first, then 2 weeks after, cleanser, and so on? Or is this for extra products?
>>
Like an idiot I walked into my bedpost and I now have a MASSIVE bruise on the side of my thigh - about two inches long, an inch tall, and raised out from the skin enough that it's visible with jeans on. What can I do to calm it down?
>>
>>9155347
Use a good, thick, night cream with ceramides followed up by a layer of Vaseline, and make sure to use a good day cream before you apply makeup. Don't use toners, don't use retinol or anything else for now.

By the way, some people say that Proactiv is 'addictive' - maybe try to incorporate benzoyl peroxide cream into your routine?
>>
>>9159708
For all products, not just asian ones
>>
>>9159711
Jfc anon. A contusion, you gave yourself a contusion with your bedpost. Wow. Might want to look up treatment for it and ice that shit down.
>>
I have the first blackhead I've ever had in my whole life and I hate it. What should I do about it?
>>
>>9159798
I just image googled that and wish I'd taken your word for it. Getting a cold pack on it now.
>>
>>9158729
>>9159690
Thank you both! I guess I should focus on getting a moisturizer with ceramides and/or aloe vera. I was thinking of getting the CeraVe PM or the Nature Republic Aloe Vera. Would these be good choices?
>>
>>9159719
Thanks! Are there some good day and night creams you can recommended or should I just pick something from the OP's post?

I'm kind of hesitant about reintroducing BP back into my routine but I'll give it a shot.
>>
I'm looking into products for extremely dehydrated skin, would something like hydraulic acid be the best way to go? I was thinking that or something with honey in it. I am currently doing:
Coconut oil cleanser
Revlon age defying cleansing foam
Garnier Miceller cleansing water toner
Vitamin C + E serum
Aloe vera and chamomile spray
Moogoo skin milk cow udder cream
At night i will put on a thin layer of Fiji Oil (coconut, macadamia, vitamin e) just to "seal" the moisture in - still waking up fairly dry though, my eyes and hair are also exceptionally dry! Also I drink 3L of water a day plus green tea

Also, has anyone tried Face Blur?
>>
>>9159802
Bruise update - slept with a cold pack on it. It looks like the Eye of Sauron. Hurts to wear skirts. I'm getting rid of my bed.
>>
>>9160338
>hydraulic acid
Hope this is auto-correct.

Anyway, here's some suggestions:
1) Garnier Micellar cleansing water isn't a toner, it's a makeup remover. You might get better results if you use it before the foam cleanser.
2) Coconut oil might be too thick to be able to work its way into your pores properly. It might be a good idea to try using a lighter oil, like mineral oil or joboba, and using it straight or blending it with the coconut 50/50 if you like the coconut richness. Or get an actual cleansing oil product. I really like Holika Holika's BB Soda Pore at the moment.
3) You already have hyaluronic acid in the cleansing foam.
4) Vitamin C is great but it's very drying. I would take it out of your routine, or go to using it every other day, until your skin heals.
5) Does the aloe vera spray spray contain alcohol or is it glycerin-based?
6) What are you doing for daily sun protection?
>>
>hydraulic acid
>Hope this is auto-correct

I wish it was, I had just woken up so my typing (on phone) was a little sloppy, sorry about that

ah. I didn't even realize that the garnier product wasn't a toner. That's embaressing. The ingredients list on the aloe spray is:
-aloe vera juice
- manuka essence
- chamomile
- lemon myrtle
- kunzea
- lavender
- peppermint
- tea tree and
- vitamin E
So by the looks of it, it contains neither alcohol nor glycerin, but the ingredients list kind of sounds drying now that I read it

For sun protection i am using Clarins Hydra quench cream SPF15

as for cleansing, I am currently looking at the Etude house Art Oil Cleanser and the Biore Marshmallow Cleansing foam and the wonder pore toner, since my toner isn't actually a toner lol. But i will also now look into your listed suggestions!
>>
>>9160519
Dropped the tag sorry, apparently still waking up
>>
This is an extremely daft question, but how exactly does one determine their skin type? All the searches on google are too broad or vague to really determine, I think that I am either dry, combination or normal. I just want to ensure that I use the right products for my skins

My skin is quite elastic and tight feeling, I would say it is dry but tends to get a little oily at the end of the day (this could be from makeup I guess)
I get pimples on rare occasion, and they are mostly due to monthly hormones. I have also noticed that when I do not moisturize thoroughly, little wrinkles appear on my forehead

Sorry for being stupid, appreciate your help gulls
>>
File: 1440933001687.jpg (37KB, 500x395px) Image search: [Google]
1440933001687.jpg
37KB, 500x395px
>>9159585
Well, shit. I know what I'm ordering on payday.

I almost picked up the peach/banana hand creams today, but those damn Mini Pet pots won me over. My boyfriend got the banana though, becausue apparently it's 'acceptably manly.'
>He said while putting on the bright blue eyeshadow and hot pink blusher testers.
>>
>>9160530
>the ingredients list kind of sounds drying now that I read it
Honestly, I think this should be another product you put on hold until your skin's in a better state. Lavender and peppermint oils in particular are irritating enough to damage even skin on the hands in strong enough concentrations (I know this from a gardening mishap). I don't think the spray is harmful to healthy skin, but it seems like it's nicely scented water at best and irritating at worst. I think you should stop using it for now. If you really like it, you can use it over makeup as a fixing spray, but don't put it on your undressed skin any more.

>SPF15
You need stronger sun protection - sun is extremely bad for dry skin and if you're using a lot of moisturisers it will make you more prone to sun damage (the cooking oil effect). There's a lot of great Korean suncreams (Secret Key's Snail Repair is amazing for the price) but a good idea, if you can deal with the white cast, is to get something from your local shop that's aimed at babies, as they tend to use more physical blocks and less drying ingredients. Look for SPF50 or more.

>>9160535
To be honest, 'skin type' is really a marketing shorthand, and it's not as useful as what you just wrote in this post, because (like you) most people have skin that behaves differently at different times of the cycle, different times of the day, depending on what they eat, how they sleep, etc. If you want a label, you're combination.
>>
>>9160649
Thanks so much for your advice anon. I will remove the spray from my routine and purchase a higher spf protection!
>>
I would love if someone could "rate" my skin care routine. I know the asian routine is quite long, but I am not sure if I am taking it too far...

About my skin: mid 20's, started routine late so looking at repairing sun damage and fine lines, combination bordering dry, clear only hormonal pimples occasionally

Morning:
Wash with water
Wonder pore toner
Secret key starting treatment essence
Mizon snail repair intensive ampoule
Etude house honey cera eye pack
Etude house moistful collagen emulsion
Secret key high protection SPF50
Before makeup: beauty shot faceblur

night:
Etude house art oil cleanser
Mizon real rice cleansing foam
Etude house berry AHA bright peel perfect scrub (once or twice a week)
Wonder pore toner
Secret key starting treatment essence
Time revolution activator borate time repair ampoule
Etude house honey cera eye pack
Mizon all in one snail cream
Mizon snail wrinkle care sleeping pack

I don't use a mask, I guess I have opted for a sleeping pack instead. Do you think my morning routine is too intense, and if so what should I take out? I also was thinking of freshening up during the day as I work in high aircon 8 hours a day, so using a mist toner, emulsion and cream halfway through the working day as well - would this be beneficial?
>>
>>9159708
Yes so it will be moisturizer then two weeks then cleanser and moisturizer for two weeks before adding in your toner.

Purpose is that if you're reacting to something then you can know which one to stop and try another one

>>9160284
Cerave PM is a really good one that works for a lot of people
>>
>>9160649
You seem really knowledgeable in skincare anon - I am curious of what you do in regards to your morning and evening body care routine, would you be willing to share tips/advice for great skin overall?
>>
>>9161442
You could probably take out like half of your morning routine. Keep it to toner, ampoule and moisture/sunscreen
>>
>>9161495
>what you do in regards to your morning and evening body care routine
Not as good as I want it to be because I ran out of my AHA/BHA (Skin Doctors' Gamma Hydroxy) and the cheaper replacement BHA toner I bought (Freedom Glycolic Radiance Tonic) was a horrible product that made my skin dry and sticky and broke me out.

My skin type - Genetically speaking I have never had serious issues. I've been stepping up my routine lately because I started to get dryness around my eyes, my first fine lines started showing up, and I'm always prone to hormonal whiteheads. My budget type - poorfriend.

EVENING
>Holika Holika BB Soda Pore Cleansing Oil
(got as a replacement for the DHC pore cleanser - I like it better. It smells of lemonade.) Wipe off with a damp flannel (gentle physical exfoliation).
>Hada Labo Hyaluronic Foam Cleanser
(I only use a little of this - I like the extra moisturising of using mostly oil. Sometimes I skip it altogether. YMMV, especially if you're prone to clogging.)
>(Essences - usually I use a little left over from a sheet mask if I've used one within the last couple of days. I like My Scheming's L-Ascorbic Acid and Birds' Nest Collagen. If I don't have one or didn't like the mask, I skip.
>Astral Original All-Over Moisturiser
I have two pots of this. One is neat Astral, the other is one I mixed about 50-50 with iHerb LifeFlo Health Retinol 1%, which was way too strong and drying for my skin in neat state. So is the 50-50 Retinol/Astral, so what I do is dab my finger into it and then mix it with the bland Astral, and use that for my face. It works amazingly well. By the way, I tried Nivea Original (since it's even cheaper and smells nicer) but found it clogged me up.
>Secret Key Starting Eye Cream
I put the tiniest dab of the 50-50 retinol in here, too, because my eyelids are where my wrinkling is starting. Had improvements, no problems. Also use this on my cuticles.
>>
>>9162073 (cont)
>Sudocrem
If I have a whitehead that's sore or broken.
>Tony Moly Banana Pang-Dang lip balm
I find it too goopy for day time but it's a great overnight lip product.

MORNING
>Simple Illuminating Day Cream SPF15
It's a good basic daily moisturiser, but I'm only using it because it was a gift. It has sparkles in it, which I don't like. Used to use Skin Doctors Moisture Drench SPF30, but I ran out.
>Secret Key Snail Repair SPF50
HG. Bought bottles and gave it to all my friends. They love it too.
>Malibu SPF30 Lip Balm
My other favourite is Chop Saver Gold, which I picked up when on holiday in America and can't find for a reasonable price here.
>>
>>9162079
Forgot to mention - not strictly skincare, but I use Regenerum Eyelash Serum every evening. I used to have a habit of pulling my eyelashes out when stressed, and it makes them stronger and smoother so I can't do it any more.
>>
What do you guys do with your emptied containers?

I've been buying Tonymoly's Mini Pet hand creams and using them as storage for jewelerry/craft findings on my desk.

I, uh, might be open to buying any that people don't want.
>>
>>9162122
Maybe look into buying some fakes off aliexpress and cleaning out the goo.
>>
>>9162122

I reuse all my cute containers too!

My favourites are the etude house Princess Etoinette powder/blush pots. I will keep those forever. I love that I can clean them out and refill them with more powder or blush.
>>
Reposting bc the makeup thread is autosaging: >>9162583
>>
Has anybody used some kind of delightful Korean cream/sleeping pack in tattoo aftercare before?

I'm getting mine done tomorrow and while I'm happy to buy whatever they reccommend, sleeping packs are usually packed with A+ emollients and I can grab one just as easily on the way home.
I'm just assuming the obvious no 'whitening/brightening/niacinamide' ingredients.
>>
File: 1359337197583.jpg (54KB, 704x476px) Image search: [Google]
1359337197583.jpg
54KB, 704x476px
skincare scrub here, i just pick up whatever cleanser and moisturizing i find at walmart.
getting more access to more money lately and i really want to up my skincare game.

should i just start by using the starter asian routine in op and >>9137434 ?
i might just use OP's product list to start off since i don't know anything about it. anything from that list i should avoid?

whats BHA, AHA, YMMV as stated in op?
>>
>>9163160
WELP. I've been reccommended and like the look of Elizavecca's Piggy Collagen pack.

The main ingredients are collagen, water, glycerin, dimethicone, macadamia and cacao oils. No alchohol.

>I'll keep you updated and hopefully I don't die or something.
>>
File: 611Nkww145L._SX522_.jpg (16KB, 522x613px) Image search: [Google]
611Nkww145L._SX522_.jpg
16KB, 522x613px
>>9162122
I've got one tonymoly boob. I haven't decided what I want to do with it yet lol.
>>
>>9159580
Thank you for this, I've been on the fence and now I think I'll get it on my next check.
>>
>>9160512
Stay strong anon. When your bruise look jaundiced, you're out of the woods.
>>
>>9161297
Just fyi, over 50spf does about 1% better than 50spf flat.
Higher=/=better once you're at 50spf.
>>
>>9161442
Collagen as a topical treatment doesn't actually do the same thing collagen as an ingested treatment does. So, you really don't need it because it's not giving you any added benefit over a regular lotion.
>>
>>9162122
I've been really tempted to buy etude house or tonymoly products just for their packaging, but since I'm not really in need of anything I can't justify the purchase to myself. When I run out of my regular drugstore hand cream and lip balm I'm definitely buying cute ones.
>>
>>9163318
I'd consider it more of a thick base, like Glycerin is to a lot of other creams.

How is Collagen as a base, though? Does it actually absorb, or does it sit on top?
>>
>>9163476
The same stuff the other anon uses came as a sample for me.
It absorbed well enough I suppose, but it gave me a residue sticky feeling, so I guess it's better than most but not for me.
I prefer Benton's steam cream. I use less of it, and it absorbs completely smooth.
>>
>>9163485
Ah, okay! I'm >>9163254
and it just hit me that I can't really use it if it's too occlusive.

Benton's Snailbee line breaks me out something awful. I really want to love it.
>>
>>9163318
While this is true, it's not quite fair. Collagen is beneficial for the skin topically, but because the protein strands contract as they dry, causing an instant gratification 'firming' effect. It also helps seal moisture and other ingredients into the skin. It doesn't penetrate the skin, and it's (AFAIK) no better than, say, gluten or egg albumin proteins at what it does topically, but that doesn't make it a bad skincare ingredient.

If OP is hoping to regenerate collagen under the skin, they should be using retinol, which is the only thing science knows of so far that can definitely do that.
>>
File: 13735646683_b331711569_o.jpg (497KB, 1600x1048px) Image search: [Google]
13735646683_b331711569_o.jpg
497KB, 1600x1048px
>>9162803
Talking of cute packaging, has anyone used the Laduree makeup? I have a highlighter brush and that's it (it's okay).
>>
>>9161442
Are you looking for the AHA scrub to be your AHA? I don't think it's low enough pH for it to be effective

Is the wonder pore toner a hydrating one or a pH balancing one?
>>
>>9163237
YMMV is short for Your Mileage May Vary. Basically, just because something works for a million of people, doesn't necessarily mean that it will work for you.

We cannot tell you what product for you to avoid or start so really the best way is for you to start with one of the routines and go from there. Some prefer the western and others prefer Asian. AHA and BHA would be pointless for you right now until you get your foundation down.
>>
This is a little embarassing, but yesterday I got a weird big rash-looking thing on the top side of my bum and I don't know what to do with it. It doesn't hurt or itch. It's only this one patch. I went to the doctor and they didn't know what to think of it since I had no symptoms with it. Has anyone ever had something that looks like this? What did you do to make it go away?
>>
>>9163725
thanks!
>>
>>9163747
It looks like heat rash, but heat rash is usually itchy. Have you changed your washing powder or medicines lately?

Keep it moisturised and clean and keep an eye on it. If it gets bigger or worse, see a doctor again.
>>
>>9163747
My bf has all kinds of skin maladies, including that in his armpit of all places. It usually pops up when he wears something with bits made of some cheap metal alloy, so keep an eye out for irritants. A hydrocortisone cream usually makes it go away in a day or two.
>>
>>9163634

Unfortunately I have not, but I plan on trying it in the future at least. I want so much of their stuff so badly. And Etude needs to make more Etoinette stuff. It's all so gorgeous- why isn't more makeup/skincare packaged like this? I just want my vanity to resemble an 18th century French Princess's.

>>9163316

At 50spf, the protection is already pretty high (upper 90s percents), though you're right about the increase being relatively small.

Unfortunately, SPF also only refers to protection from UVB rays. The US doesn't even have a system for UVA protection rating, does it? That's what all the PPD and PA+ are for on European/Asian sunscreen, and UVA protection is just as important as UVB protection, especially since UVA rays behave differently than UVB.

That said, it's also really important to apply your sunscreen correctly, apply enough of it, and reapply frequently enough if you're out in the sun a lot.
>>
>>9163987
I think 'broad spectrum' is the label that companies use to say their product protects against both UVB and UVA. If it's a mineral sunscreen, then it already protects against both.
>>
>>9164115

Broad spectrum doesn't really tell you much though. All that means is that the sunscreen has a filter that blocks UVA. It doesn't tell you the strength of the UVA protection. There's also two different types of UVA rays- UVA1 and UVA2- that in most cases you need different filters for. Zinc oxide protects against ALL the UV, and that's one of the mineral/physical sun filters. You have to have it at a certain percentage to be really effective though, and depending on the formula, it leaves a white cast and tends to make the sunscreen less cosmetically elegant. That's part of why I find the PPD/PA rating so helpful- it tells you how strong the UVA protection is.

Also, some of the FDA approved filters are...lacking. Avobenzone, which is very commonly used, only blocks UVA1 and isn't photostable. Not only does it degrade in sunlight, but it also reacts with one of the most commonly used sunscreen filters (octinoxate) to destabilize even further. Octocrylene, which blocks UVA2, does help stabilize the Avobenzone, as does Oxybenzone which blocks UVA2, although there's some controversy regarding the safety of Oxybenzone (Neutrogena's broad spectrum Helioplex is Oxybenzone + Avobenzone). Mexoryl SX blocks both UVA1 and UVA2 and is stable, but the patent is held by L'oreal so you're only going to find it in L'oreal sunscreens.
>>
File: 10137554.jpg (19KB, 504x548px) Image search: [Google]
10137554.jpg
19KB, 504x548px
I just got over the worst bout of acne in my whole life and I'm pretty sure it was down to stupidly using this product on my face for about a month. (pic related) Something in it broke me out in a ridiculous amount of closed comedones.

I use Biore waterly gel now and I love it with all my heart.

>>9158701
I would not recommend anyone just dive into a whole bunch of new products. Buy one thing at a time, test it for a while and then keep it as a permanent fixture if it works. The worst nightmare is buying 20 new stuff, putting them all on and something goes bad. You can't tell which is the culprit.

>>9163747
I had a small amount of shingles in my mid teens, and it looked like that, and didn't itch.
>>
>>9164156
>shingles
Unlikely. Shingles follows a nerve root and usually presents itself as a band of fluid-filled blisters. Anon's bumps seem to be scattered and not very raised if at all. I had shingles a few years ago along my trunk and it was painful but scientifically fascinating.
>>
>>9164179
Weird, but yeah actually the ones on anons bum don't look fluid filled. I had a very small amount of raised red bumps in a tiny patch on my thigh. I can't even remember what the doctor told me to do.
>>
>>9164181
Depending on how early it got detected, they either gave you some antibiotics or recommended rubbing some soothing ointment and told you to just tough it out. I unfortunately was told the latter and patiently waited for the pain to go away. I have a neat-looking scar on my spine where it first popped up though. Do you have a scar from it?

>>9163747
Anon, it doesn't look too severe right now. I agree with running some hydrocortisone cream and seeing where that gets you.
>>
>>9163747
I ended up with something like that all over my chin and neck after eating something I was allergic to, tiny slightly welted dots that didn't itch or hurt. Zinc diaper rash cream cleared it up in week for me.
>>
File: 61qh-d0T-iL._SL1500_.jpg (62KB, 626x1500px) Image search: [Google]
61qh-d0T-iL._SL1500_.jpg
62KB, 626x1500px
Has anyone tried Mizon snail recovery gel? I'm considering buying it since I've heard such good things about it, and snail products in general.

>>9164199
Nope, I have no scar. I did for a few years though.
>>
>>9148430
I tried using baby oil on my face after seeing this and it made my skin feel so nice and clean. I have really dry skin though and I'm seeing a lot of people say not to oil cleanse dry skin. But my experience is making me want to try some real cleansers. Anyone with dry skin have oil cleansing product suggestions?
>>
File: so excited.gif (139KB, 322x367px) Image search: [Google]
so excited.gif
139KB, 322x367px
>>9163237 here!
i popped into the face shop today since i was in the mall anyways. the sales associates were super helpful and kind and helped with recommendations and guiding me. i ended up just buying a small travel bundle (i'm treating it like nice little samples) and my very first facemask.
>mfw everything felt so fucking good on my skin already omg
>cant stop touching it once in a while even though i know its bad
kind of irrelevant but just wanted to share the good feels!
this is some sort of eye-opening skincare enlightenment lol

>>9164220
>tfw have moderate snail phobia
>what the actually fuck is this
>>
>>9164220
I've tried it. It's really cool and lightweight. I haven't noticed any miraculous change in my complexion, however shortly after using it I was in the middle of a breakout and it stopped pretty quick.

You can buy a 2pack on Amazon for like 8 bucks so if it doesn't do much for you, it isn't a huge loss.

I'd recommend trying it!
>>
>>9164136
This was very informative, thanks anon
>>
>>9164220
I really like it! It's light but hydrating. Plus, it's great on burns and bug bites!
>>
>>9164220
I used to use snail stuff quite a lot - including this one.
This particular one is pretty light, absorbs into the skin and is moisturising. Makes your skin pretty soft too.
It really depends on what kind of skin you have in regards to snail products. They're good for pigmentation, scarring and fine lines.

Above snail there's starfish extract which is very similar but more concentrated so it makes your skin a lot smoother in comparison (IMO)

Right now I'm on the Syn-Ake (Synthetic Snake Venom) bandwagon and it makes my skin super baby soft while preventing aging.
You can layer all of these products to get the effect from all of them though.
>>
>>9164220
It broke me out, sadly. I also get breakouts with the Benton snail bee essence but not the steam cream. I was also ok with the Mizon black snail all in one cream.

>>9162122
I reuse them for other products with less cute packaging. I really like the apple face mask do I suspect I may end up with a million of those with different things in them

>>9160284
My skin hates both the Cerave and Cetaphil moisturisers so I'd start with the Aloe vera
>>
>>9164136
Chemical sunscreens (even 'sensitive' products) have irritated my skin whenever I tried them. Are L'oreal's sunscreens worth trying or should I just stick with my usual zinc oxide sunscreens
>>
>>9164500
That sucks, anon. I'm mildly allergic to zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, so Korean sunscreens have been a damn godsend. I can actually leave the house during the day now.
>>
>>9164455

You're very welcome!

>>9164500

Mexoryl is a chemical sunscreen. If chemical sunscreens irritate you, it's probable that mexoryl will too. The only physical sunscreens are Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide. However, I'm curious if you've tried a tinosorb sunscreen and if they would work for you. Tinosorbs are photostable hybrid chemical-physical sun filters. I personally love them, but I don't know where you could find a sunblock with just physical filters and tinosorbs.
>>
File: msms2386_1.jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
msms2386_1.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
My first asian product arrived yesterday (pic related, missha super aqua cell renew snail cream) and it says to use it after moisturizing. It fits fine into my evening routine, but in the morning i only use bb cream after rinsing my face with water. Do i put it on before or after the bb cream? I'd say bb cream counts as moisturizer, so i'd use it after that, but i just wanna be sure.
>>
>>9162073
I had some really unfortunate purchases from holika holika so I've been scared to try them since... Do you have any other favorites from them? or favorite brands in general? I have the corsx snail serum but I don't really like it as a night moisturizer. Also, do you suggest any sunscreen?

Thanks
>>
Are there any vitamins or dietary supplements that are good for skincare? I've read so many conflicting views
>>
File: 1347811337129.jpg (410KB, 897x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1347811337129.jpg
410KB, 897x1200px
>>9164443
I have hormonal acne and some PIH so I might give it a go. What?? It's £8.40 for one 45ml bottle on amazon.co.uk. Goddammit.

>>9164463
Damn, snake venom? That and starfish extract sounds expensive.

>>9164473
Hm, I've added the black all in one cream to my wishlist.

>>9164691
I did a whole bunch of research on this and eventually sort of came to the conclusion that you're best off getting vitamins from your diet unless you have a medical condition or are in a vulnerable group.
>>
>>9164463
> Syn-ake
What's it like to use? I'm eyeing a serum with it in, but I don't want to paralyse my face.
>>
>>9164756
Ebay's better for Korean skincare in the UK. Snail Recovery Gel 2x45ml for £7.42
>>
>>9164781
It's one of those YMMV products. I gave my eye serum with it to a friend because I have better results from retinol alone

>>9164691
Unless you're deficient in something there's not great overall evidence for supplementing for skincare.

>>9164649
No, you would put BB cream on last. BB cream is an all in one so also counts as foundation and sunscreen, and you definitely don't put moisturiser on after those! Even if you don't have sunscreen in your BB cream I wouldn't use it after that
>>
What can I do about very vague blotchy redness? I'm not even sure if people other than me notice, it's not sunburn and it's not a rash. It's just faintly red and blotchy and I hate looking at it. Mostly my cheeks/the sides of my face. Right now I don't do anything except lotion on my face after shower. I also don't wear makeup so nothing like that is irritating it. Have any of you tried something for evening skin that worked well and didn't cost a fortune?
>>
>>9164873
I find that products with niacinamide even out any red flush I have, anon. It's in a lot of Korean sleeping packs that I know of, but I'm not sure as far as Western stuff.
>>
>extremely persistent acne that got worse since going to college
>very oily skin
>rigorous skincare routine, prescription acne medication, antibiotics, nothing is working
>cut milk out of my diet
>acne starts clearing up, still there but better
>oh okay that was the problem
>go the gyno because of bad period cramps to the point of vomiting
>a few tests later
>"anon you have endometriosis and that's why your acne is so bad, i k ow you're a lesbian but here's birth control that will make your period and acne better"
>birth control is a fucking miracle drug
>skin actually looks clear and normal again
I guess the moral of all this is that if you have very stubborn acne, especially if you're a woman, get your hormones checked
>>
>>9164890
i had this same issue and since i plan on never having kids just had my ovaries removed
>>
>>9164898
I considered an oophorectomy or hysterectomy, but the problem is without estrogen (ovaries are likely to fail if the uterus is removed) you will age at an accelerated rate and that will be more skin problems because of wrinkles
(also like no doctor will do it on a 19 yr old)
>>
>>9164201
>>9164199
>>9164156
>>9163824
>>9163811

Thanks anons, I went to the store yesterday and picked up some hydrocortisone cream. Might get the zinc diaper cream too. I'm just glad I got it at the end of summer where I'm probably not gonna wear my swimsuit much more
>>
>>9164789

Sorry, hi-jacking your post to mention: BB cream (or any foundation type product with SPF) shouldn't be used as your only source of sun protection! You need quite a bit of sunscreen to receive full protection (general recommendation is 1/4 tsp for your face), and unless you are absolutely caking your foundation on, nobody uses enough base product to meet the recommended amount.
>>
>>9164789
Thanks, i guess i i'll try it both ways. Since i think that water - missha cream - bb cream will dry my skin out i'll also try using additional moisturizer before the missha cream. On the other hand, moisturizer AND bb cream could make my skin too greasy, ugh.

>>9164990
Thanks anon but i literally never go outside except when i wait for public transport. I use regular western facial sunscreen on the rare occasions i spend more than half an hour a day outside.
>>
>>9164881
Thank you very much, cutie! I'll try something on for size and see how that works.
>>
>>9164890
Oh my god this is me. My cramps are so bad I'll be paralysed with pain for like hours in a row. I really need to go and get checked. But I'm also terrified of going on birth control since I went on those period delay pills once and had full blown depression and nausea and pretty much all of the side effects. I'm also scared it'll break me out.
>>
>>9137400
>terrified of going on birth control since I went on those period delay pills once and had full blown depression and nausea and pretty much all of the side effects. I'm also scared it'll break me out.

I had that with period delay pills, but was fine on normal birth control. When you see your doctor talk it over with them and tell them which period delay pills you took and the effect they had on you and you can see if you can isolate what it was that did it and whether you can avoid it. There are plenty of people that have a bad reaction to one type of BC but not another, hope you find a solution!
>>
>>9165111
Oops not sure how I fucked that up! this was a response to you >>9165117
>>
>>9165117
Oh I had no idea, thank you so much. I think I just like to forget that its a problem that effects me. I'm going to make an appointment this week about my cramps. I'd like to go on birth control anyway because of how convenient it is.
>>
>>9165079

Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean you specifically, anon. Just riding on the tails of your post to mention the importance of a dedicated sunscreen in general.

And while I'm doing it, just would like to mention: UVA penetrates untreated glass and clouds and is relatively constant year-round.

>>9165117

I've had bad reactions to just about every pill I've been on, it sucks. I finally just gave them up, which sucks cause I liked choosing when to have my period. I hope everybody else has much better luck than I did!
>>
>>9163254
I decided against the Elizavecca because it stank so strongly of some fruity, citrusy perfume. The natural gelatin smell probably would have been less jarring.

>Picked up a tub of this, though.
I swear to god it looks and feels exactly like a tub of butter.
Apparently there's a newer version that came out this year with more synthetic ingredients, but this is full of whatever kind of natural oils and butters you can think of. Slapped some straight on the fresh tattoo and there was zero sensation, so it's probably gentle enough for the face too.
>>
>>9164408
Congrats anon!
Your excitement is so cute.
>>
>>9163720
I feel quite silly now anon, I was unaware there were different strengths of AHA. I am only new to this kind of regime, and chose products based on my skin and what I thought it would benefit most from. Perhaps I should have researched AHA further.
The toner is Ph balancer
>>
File: 41SufKoONML.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41SufKoONML.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>>9147604
I guess everybody and their mum is using this, but I love this Benton sheet mask. It calms my skin, is very moisturizing and I can feel the effect for days. There is also a lot of excess product in the package, which I use on rougher parts of my skin like my ellbows or simply my arms and legs. Makes them feel super soft and also helped me with the small bumps on my arms. I use a mask whenever I want to treat myself or when I feel that my skins getting worse.
>>
My boyfriend is starting to take an interest in skincare, so I thought about getting him some products with my next order. I have no idea what to get him, though. I was hoping to get him a set, so it's easier for him to know what to use when etc., but there is just so much stuff and as he has a different skintype than me, I don't know where to start. I want to get him three to four products: cleanser, toner, moisturizer and maybe an eye cream? He has pretty clear skin, but it's dull and he has dark circles, since he's always under pressure at work. I'm sure he doesn't like strong scents, but he loves fancy packaging. Do you guys have any recommendations?
>>
>>9165111
Not all pills are this bad, ask your doc.
>>
>>9165111
I would definitely talk to my doctor if it's that's hurtful. There are so many forms of BC and the pills themselves that you should be able to find something else that is suitable for you

>>9166164
Yea, AHA and BHA needs to be at like a 3 pH for it to be effective, both product and your skin. That's why a lot of people recommend a low pH cleanser to bypass a pH balancing toner. I would put the wonder toner before the Berry AHA and treat that as a scrub rather than an AHA. CosRx, Papa Recipe and Paula's Choice are the go to for AHA
>>
>>9166244
Products aren't gender-specfic and personally, the prettier the packaging, the less effective it is because of marketing. Just look for items the same way you would if you had his skintype and go from there. If his skin is dull, look for niacinamide to help brighten it a bit.
>>
>>9166394
I know, I've actually bought him some non gender-specific stuff before, but I knew that it was scent-less. I don't want to buy him something that works but smells like roses, cause he won't use it. I'm not specifically looking for products made for men, but I think it's an important information that I need it for a guy, as a lot of products have very girl-y scents. I just wanted to narrow it down.

Do you have any recommendations for niacinamide products?
>>
>>9166452
I understand. I guess most of the scents though aren't super floral and people like to make a big deal that they're a guy so it's abnormal.

Anyway, to answer your question:
>CeraVe PM
>CosRx Rice Nourishing Overnight Mask
>Naruko Narcissus DNA Night Gelly
>>
>>9166376
Thanks anon that is very helpful, I will swap steps! I only use the scrub once a week usually, so I didn't take as much consideration into it as I did when selecting the daily products. Ignorance on my behalf I guess
>>
>>9166452
Just on another note to this - how did you get your boyfriend interested in skin care? I really would like mine to start looking after his skin / himself in general. He has nice enough skin, but he really needs to start doing something about it because he is showing signs of aging at age 22. His skin is dull and rough from only water cleaning, and he gets imperfections which he picks at until they scar for a few weeks
>>
File: AprilWk4PotwTonyMolyAvocado.png (232KB, 770x514px) Image search: [Google]
AprilWk4PotwTonyMolyAvocado.png
232KB, 770x514px
>>9166905
Seconding this. My boyfriend suffers from mild acne and gets very dry like me. I try offering him my products but he gets weirded out by how they feel. For example, I had him try pic related when he wanted a lot of moisture but had a hard time sleeping because it felt heavy/suffocating and cold at the same time.

So he's interested, but not willing to take the plunge just yet.
>>
>>9166946
>>9166905
Not that anon, but i got my boyfriend interested by introducing him to very plain and inexpensive products in response to him needing them (e.g. he complained about dry skin, i'd give him something like aqueous cream). Then once he started to see that these products were actually good and worth using and spending money on, i would persuade him to try out better ones. However, he wasn't as bad as some guys who i know who don't even use sun cream, he already used that and on occasion would be badgered into using a face mask when i was round his house putting masks on his mum and myself!

Now it's part of his routine to use skincare products though, so i guess introducing them when they need them so they seem like necessities might be the way to go? If not, depending on what your boyfriend is like maybe just some harsh truth about how they will age/that you feel they don't put effort in. Not in a mean way obviously!
>>
>>9166984
See my boyfriend is very against it for whatever reason, I can't quite figure out why - I guess he think it is too manly?? But he doesn't even wear sunscreen, only if we go to the beach. I have tried actually applying it to him, doing a scrub and moisturiser on the weekend but he thinks it makes his skin worse (???) Or doesn't change it at all. It is just so frustrating to me and I know it shouldn't be, because it is his skin.. I can just see how bad he looks and I don't like touching or kissing his skin because it feels and looks gritty.
>>
>>9166659
Thank you, I will look into these!

>>9166905
>>9166946
Prezzy much the same way as >>9166984
Everytime he had an immediate problem (for example, he gets really dry patches around his eyebrows when he's stressed out), I gave him somethign which helped. To be clear, he's not like super interested in it now, but he boguht himself some cheap eyecream and moisturizer which he uses sometimes, but not daily. He thinks some of my stuff ist pretty fascinating, though, so I've let him try some of my more gimmick-y stuff like weird facemasks. I don't think he will get used to a daily skincare regimen, but I'm hoping that if I buy him something really nice, he will use it more often.
>>
>>9167553
I should really proof read my posts, I'm sorry for that.
>>
>>9166244
I like LadyKin in general and their Vanpir things (the cream and what they call water mask, which is however just a lighter cream) are very moisturising on top of having a unisex smell and packaging.
>>
Hey guys, can someone please recommend me a product or ingredient for a wash that will help with body acne that is safe for use on the face as well (if possible) otherwise, a recommendation for a scrub or peel that is good for really dry, pimple prone skin (fine lines are starting to occur)
Thanks in advance!
>>
>>9139621

What is your skin type? Oily, dry, combo, normal? you might be using a harsh cleaner too often; foaming cleansers could be really drying and irritating. don't use too many lotions that clog you up; switch to just one and see how your skin reacts. picking between bha and aha depends a lot on your skin type, but they will definitely help you. I had a really similar situation and using a 2% bha once a day cleared me up within a month. Also, make sure you're not allergic to the sunscreen you're using.
>>
File: IMG_5355.jpg (670KB, 1428x1065px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5355.jpg
670KB, 1428x1065px
Sorry if I'm being blind, since I skimmed through the thread, but haven't read all of it in detail.

But does anyone here has skin care recommendations against nasolabial folds, and dark circles or lines as in this picture? I'm in my mid-20s, and I desperately need my youthful look back. Like, seriously, it's like I've aged rapidly in a very short time. I didn't have any of this in my early 20s. I admit I do go to bed very late, but I also get up late, so you'd think that would even out my sleep.
>>
>>9168380
You look fine, anon. Consider less heavy and dark eye makeup if you want to avoid looking 'mature.'

Under-eye troughs and nasolabial folds are both hereditary and nothing can be done to prevent them. You only have the troughs, though.

Get a thick sleeping pack with niacinamine, or a retinol-based cream if you're worried about tiny lines.
>>
>>9168431
Seconding the sleeping pack. My skin is so dreamy. Nearly 25 and my face has never looked better.

Also, girl, I am not seeing your lines, get the fuck out of here with your 'I want to look youthful' bullshit.
>>
File: 300.jpg (27KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
300.jpg
27KB, 300x300px
>>9138469
This has been my favorite eye cream so far. It sinks right in and always makes my eyes look less puffy and helps to reduce fine lines. For dark circles, it helps a little, but I've found that drinking more water and doing raw honey masks are most effective for getting rid of those. The only issue I have with this eye cream is that I need to wait between putting on my moisturizer and putting on this, as my moisturizer makes a lot of different creams feel sticky or pill if I haven't let it sink in all the way.
>>
I'm getting cystic acne again for the first time in several years. Probably going to go to the doctor soon but looking for something to help heal my current ones and trying to find the underlying issues.

Some background info: I'm mid 20s, stopped taking hormonal BC about two years ago (have an IUD), and have been going through some life changes/stress. I noticed them on the side of my face that I sleep on. My diet has changed pretty drastically -- less eating out, eating more, eating more meat.

I use: Cetaphil facewash and moisturizer. Was using Ponds makeup remover wipes over the past week but stopped once I noticed the cysts.
>>
>>9168811
I've noticed that using Cetaphil tends to irritate my skin and cause massive breakouts, maybe it has something to do with that? You could try switching to another face wash.
>>
>>9168830
I've been using Cetaphil since I was a teenager as my go-to. I did switch to a offbrand version of Cetaphil for a few months (from like Whole Foods or something) and didn't have any cystic acne, and recently repurchased Cetaphil earlier this month. I'll keep that in mind, thanks.
>>
Hello! I decided to really be serious with my skincare routine and I'm easing into an Asian skincare routine like >>9137434

I feel like my acne scars have already started fading. I started with just washing my face every night with my cleanser (Neutrogena acne wash) and following with toner (Pixi's Glow Tonic), lastly applying tretinoin gel for my acne. Tonight I used my first oil cleanser (it was just a sample of DHC Deep Cleansing Oil), followed by the cleanser, exfoliator, and toner.

I don't have a moisturizer/lotion yet. I have severe cystic acne/ oily skin, and most moisturizers feel too heavy or that they just sit on my skin. I hated Cetaphil and I remember breaking out like >>9140231 when using them. I tried SheaMoisture Problem Skin moisturizer (I have eczema+huge allergy burns on my arms and their body lotion doesn't hurt, so I had high hopes) but it never seemed to dry either. Any recommendations?
>>
>>9168431
>>9168605

Thanks for the tips, gulls. The person in the picture isn't me, though. Just some quick google image result of "eye lines" that I mentioned to give people an idea. I can maybe make a pic of my nasolabial fold. I have it on only one side, and it looks like a line made of out several small grooves. As for my eyes, it's pretty matching to what the person in the picture has.
>>
>>9168864
Tbh the best moisturiser I've found for my oily skin is just plain aqueous cream. I've tried so many bur always go back to that one. Ita pretty cheap too so might be worth trying for you
>>
File: IMG_2396.jpg (81KB, 493x757px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2396.jpg
81KB, 493x757px
>>9168380
>>9168431
>>9168605
>>9168868
Alright, I have a good picture to show off my lines now (and the overall bad skin of my face). As you can see, dark under eyes, and that nasolabial fold I mentioned. I feel like I'm doomed to shoop my selfies is this isn't going away. It's just so embarrassingly ugly.
>>
>>9168922
Come on, that's normal.
Just smile in your pictures? Then your nasolabial lines disappear, we all get them.
>>
>>9168922
I'm 29 and i have them too, but only on one side which is super annoying.

keep out of the sun, use sunscreen daily all year and stay super hydrated. vitamin c and acid peels (aha, bha etc) help from my experience, also argan oil at night.

and work on your confidence! you do not look old and your skin looks super healthy! stop focusing on it so much, no one looks airbrushed in real life, your self-image is all messed up. just relax.
>>
>>9168046
You definitely don't want a scrub, you want a chemical exfoliant - and you'll need a good moisturiser as well. Rather than an active ingredient in your face wash look for something super gentle, some people have luck with Cetaphil or Cerave for sensitive skin.
In terms of peels, I would look for AHA peels - I actually really like the TonyMoly green apple one.
>>
What's a good product for acne problem spots? My skin is good overall, but whenever I break out its always my chin. It's driving me crazy.
>>
>>9168944
Smiling is indeed the easy way to 'hide' it, but in real life it's kind of hard (and creepy) to smile all the time.

>>9168968
I also have it just on one side, but I'm kind of glad I don't have it on both sides so at least I have this one young looking side. But thanks for the product tips!

Anyway, I guess I do get too nit-picky on these things. I'm glad to know it looks normal/healthy in other people's opinions. Thanks for the feedback, both of you!
>>
>>9168990
Thanks anon. I was just looking in a product that has both AHA and BHA actually, but have mixed reviews about using them in combination / at the same time
>>
Any opinions of fresh brand from Sephora?

Also any suggestions for a non greasy facial SPF. Preferably higher as I live somewhere where it's always sunny. I have Josie marans bht it's just way to greasy. I have a sample of fresh but I'm worried to try it because it's tinted and my skin color is probably too light. I tested cover FX "invisible" sunscreen and it felt perfect but it's only SPF 20? And I'd prefer a higher one.
>>
Went to the dermatologist a couple days ago to see if they could diagnose these really painful bumps/pustules on my chin, and they suggested they were a result of rosacea.

It feels silly, but it's sending me into a depressive swing. Sort of sucks that I'll have to deal with a issue that could never be treated and get progressively uglier.

Does anyone with rosacea know where to begin when it comes to skincare? Should I wait till I get adjusted to my prescription topical ointments before using things like toners or sheet masks?
>>
>>9169960
Yes, you should wait until you adjust to your prescription before you start incorporating anything drastic like lactic acid peels or high-strength retinol essences. But keep up with whatever basic maintenance you do, and especially always wear facial sunblock (sun exposure is a rosacea trigger). Sheet masks are probably alright (unless there's an ingredient you react with).

For the record, azelic acid and niacinamide are both known to help with rosacea, but don't rush out to buy them if your derm is still introducing new products into your routine.
>>
any fellow sufferers of dishydrotic exzema here? I have it on my hands, been misdiagnosed with atopic exzema for years.

tried all kinds of prescription stuff, drugstore stuff, oils and creams, cut out wheat and diary for 2 months now together with an acid-base balance therapy i pay a shit ton of money for. i know it's also triggered by anything raw, vegetables etc so my diet is extremely limited. last outbreak was triggered by alcohol, cutting this out as well.

can hardly use my hands during an outbreak. once it's halfway healed, another one comes up. absolutely clueless at this point.
>>
>>9170017
Alright, thanks! I'm already on a combo of azelaic acid and dapzone, so I'll just focus on that plus my regular cleanser, moisturizer, and sun screen for the meanwhile.
>>
If anyone here lives in a dry region or even just has dry skin, I 100% recommend pic related. I live in a literal desert and while I don't miss the feeling of hitting a brick wall of humidity going outside in Korea, the dryness was horrible for my skin and no toner or lotion could really help. This product might be a little too much if you don't live in a dry place, but I started using it and my skin feels great. It didn't change the acne situation, but it did really reduce the creases along my cheeks. I didn't even notice they must've been a product of dryness, I thought the creases were just part of my face, but when I used this cream they absolutely disappeared.
>>
>>9170455
I just ordered the eye cream of this, super excited to get it now!
>>
>>9137400
How often do you all use sheet masks?

I've started using them and I'm in love but not sure how often is too often to use them.
>>
>>9170835
Lately about once a week as I've been more stressed and it's a bit relaxing. But most of mine say 2-3 times a week if not 1 to 2
>>
>>9169509
>fresh brand
Expensive for the formula quality but the lip balms are good.

If you're pale, Anthelios is a good sunscreen and I haven't noticed it being particularly greasy at high spf when set with some powder, but it does leave a white cast.
>>
>>9170055
Have you tried systemic therapy yet (like tablets)? I know it sounds extreme but it kinda sounds like you might be getting to that point.

>>9169471
If you've never used either I would definitely not start with both! Using them in combo is not necessarily bad depending on the formulations but if you react you will have no idea which it is...

>>9169509
Have you tried Biore facial sunscreens?
>>
>>9171112
Thanks anon, BHA + AHA anon here - is there one you would recommend using first, or it won't matter as long as I introduce them one at a time
>>
>>9171674
One at a time. Doesn't really matter which is first
>>
Still having problems with acne and my skin still doesn't look clear, can anyone recommend some more steps or some changes?

AM:
>Soap and Water
>Moisturiser
>sunscreen
>Out the door in a hurry

PM (Afternoon)
>come home
>Cleanse with Micellar Water
>Cleanse with cetaphil

PM (Night):
>Cleanse with Eucerin
>Cleanse with Micellar Water
>1% Salicylic acid exfoliation
>Moisturise

When I get home I'll also always use Cetaphil on my face when I go into the bathroom. I drink a lot of water each day as well as green tea.

My weak points are that I get about 5 hours of sleep a night or less, I eat lots of sweets particularly right before bed and I think I bury my face under the covers when I sleep, which might explain why most of the acne is chin, jaw and cheek acne.

I also feel like the Eucerin isn't cleansing enough, does anyone recommend a better cleanser? I have oily skin, not particularly sensitive.

On an unrelated note, I'm thinking of trying a Korean face mask, does anyone have any recommendations for that too? I'm not expecting it to solve my acne problems.
>>
this sana hadanomy aquaplacenta cream makes my face feel like satin silk ʚ⃛ɞ(ू•ᴗ•ू)
>>
>>9171961
Where did you get from any of the provided information in this thread that soap is okay to wash your face with? Sounds diet related. If you want clear skin, you would cut out the sugar
>>
>>9172029
>Sounds diet related. If you want clear skin, you would cut out the sugar
This isn't necessarily true at all. I chug sugar by the trucklaod day in, day out and have perfectly clear skin.

>>9171961
As the other anon said, don't use soap.

Use the same cleanser every time and use moisturizer after EVERY cleanse.

You're probably cleansing too often wihout enough moisturizer.
Try only washing in the morning, then using just Micellar water in the afternoon to freshen up, and washing again at night. A sleeping pack with Niacinamide would probably be really beneficial to you.

For the face mask, I love 3w Clinic's ones. They're like $1.70 for 10 on RoseRoseshop.
>>
Where do you guys buy your products? I'd love to start an Asian skincare regime but have no idea where to start looking for the basics.
>>
>>9172246
Roseroseshop! They're the best for big orders, then go to YouRiShop, BeautynetKorea and Jolse on Amazon for re-stocking on individual items (better value with the free shipping per item.)
>>
>>9171112
I didn't know biore had sun screens! Thanks I'll check them out p
>>
What are your favorite Western drugstore lip balms? I think I developed an allergy to my Burt's Bees, since I used to use it just fine but recently it's been drying my lips out even more and giving me small bumps on my lips.
>>
>>9169088
Depends on what kind of acne, but benzoyl peroxide was a lifesaver for some big bumps right before a con. It gave me a bit of flakiness in the area, but I'd rather have a couple flakes than huge under-the-skin bumps.
>>
>>9172246
amazon, eopenmarket, brick and mortar stores.
>>
Question.
>using red raspberry seed oil as a sunscreen because it doesn't smell awful like normal sunscreens
>spf around 30
>yesterday
>out in sun about 4 hours
>applied it before I left and hourly after
>still got a sunburn

Am I forced to conclude it's not good enough for direct sun contact? Is there any sunscreen that doesn't smell sunscreeny? Also tips for what to do once you have a sunburn...Applied snail repair, aloe, moisturizer, and vitamin e oil. Today just the snail and E so far.
>>
>>9172273
Badger balm makes really nice ones but they're expensive. There's also something called mongogo kiss which is my absolute favorite but very hard to find.
>>
Anyone have recommendations for acne scars? My arms have a handful and its driving me crazy.
>>
>>9172507
Keep slathering on the aloe until it heals. Betting on a single oil as spf probably isn't reliable, since I imagine that it doesn't have a lot of staying power even with reapplication. And how much oil you need to apply and keep on the area you're trying to protect to achieve the advertised spf (a nickel sized amount of product for the face is the usual, iirc) could also be why you got burned.

Physical sunscreens typically don't have that sunscreen smell, but the trade off is a white cast (some formulations are much less obvious than others, and some are tinted).
>>
>>9172998
>it doesn't have a lot of staying power even with reapplication.

Well shit. I've always read it needs to be reapplied every two hours, I was doing about every hour for safe measure. White cast I can deal with, I'll find a physical one or maybe a scented one. Or maybe both for good measure.

I'll spam aloe. Thanks. Luckily it isn't as bad as I first thought; just slight red tint and not lobster mode.
>>
>>9172029

I didn't, it's just something I've done naturally. I didn't think soap was bad.

>>9172150
Thanks Anon.

This sounds like a stupid question, but I want to make sure I'm doing this right - When you say 'Washing in the morning' can you tell me specifically what it is you do? Without soap all I can imagine doing is running a flannel under a hot tap, wringing it out and then rubbing it over my face.
>>
>>9173288
When you said soap for mornings but specific cleansers otherwise, I assumed you meant hand/bar soap?

They're super drying and harsh. Facial-specific cleansers exist for a reason!
>>
>>9173288
Also please don't rub your face with a hot flannel unless you are doing it very gently. Skin is delicate, and rubbing can be damaging
>>
Anyone got any treatment for blackheads besides bha? I've looked but literally everyone recommends it, should I just keep using a cleanser and hope for the best?
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.