[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Petticoat thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (101KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 600x800px
It's been a while since we had one.

I just bought a hoop skirt from IKEA, and I have no idea how to store it. Can someone please give me some tips?
>>
i'm interested in this thread, also on how to make a petti

question: how many pettis do you usually wear with a dress?
>>
Just keep it flat like it was packed and either store it in the original bag or a similar size bag. It can stick out of the bag; that's fine, it just has to be wide enough to not deform the hoops. The main goal you are seeking is to make sure the bag keeps it from touching the floor directly. Try to store it against a wall or wedged into a narrow space between a piece of furniture and a wall.
>>
>>9136441
When I used off-brand, homemade petticoats I use to layer two to get the proper shape.

Now I own a classical puppets in both Lolita shapes and I only have to use the one. It's worth investing in the money to get the right share the first time; I spent $60 making a petticoat with fabric on sale and it deflated constantly. I bought a classical puppets for $35 and have been using them for two years without any form of failure.

The Ikea Hoop skirt mentioned by OP is worth it if you are willing to modify it; if you already do a lot of crafting you will already have the supplies so all you are spending is $20 for the hoop skirt. It will never last as long or be as sturdy as a steel skirt, but it will work well enough as long as you do not wear heavy materials over it (thick velvet, cordory, pleather, denim, thick cotton, tons of layers).
>>
>>9136441
I ma not trying to discourage you from making your own things generally, I'm just saying making your own petticoat is a gamble. If you really know your stuff it's completely possible but you are more likely to waste double the money it costs to just buy one.

Instead it would really recommend you practice instead by making an underskirt. Most Lolitas will at some point fall in love with a skirt that's too short. If you sew some gathered tulle onto the underskirt you could even make a sort of "otome-style" petticoat. But really, it's difficult to get a Lolita petticoat to work.
>>
>>9135783
Buying two pettis from Candy Rainbow on Taobao. Getting a super puffy bell and a 'daily' a-line. Since Classical Puppets have gone downhill and all reports I've heard suggest Bunny House is hit or miss I'm trying this out.
>>
>>9136453
I have a classical puppets petti too, but with the one I bought I find I just don't get enough poof.. at all. Which one do you have? It might be because I settled with getting a more regular looking one.

>>9136467
Okay thank you! I figured it might be easy since it's not something you'd see anyway, but thinking about it like that it makes sense. The underskirt is a good idea! Thanks!
>>
>>9135783
A hoop skirt? From Ikea? pics or it didn't happen?
>>
>>9136506
Making a petti isn't technically hard since it's mostly gathering. But it takes a lot of patience and requires the ability to work with miles of annoying slippery fabric that frays everywhere.

Question: since classical puppets has gone to shit, other than Malco Modes are there any good A-lines out there?
>>
>>9136489
When did that happen? Everything I read still says that classical puppets make the best petticoats for your buck.
>>
>>9136596
Not the same anon but http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/collections/34295/
>>
>>9136596
Founds Videos;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYbMAU-bXL4

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO3foD_xTvg
>>
>>9136601
My classical puppets a-line is really nice... i bought it recently too despite hearing from a friend that they went to shit
>>
>>9136601
I have one from The Black Ribbon and it works perfect for me. Soft and doesn't deflate.
>>
>>9136641
OK, so I went through some archives, and in the past 3 petti threads alone the only talk of CP is that they have something from long ago, or it's shit.
Next I went to their taobao shop, and that's all positive on both A-line and bell-shaped pettis. So I'm left not knowing where else to research since I'm getting way mixed responses
>>
I recently bought a Malco Modes for the first time with the intend of wearing it in casual fashion. Jesus christ the thing is a ridiculous poof monster and looks absurd to wear on its own.

Much regret for not getting the Cat style. I was worried it would be too short. Now I have to sell this darn thing locally.
>>
My Bunny House petticoat has deflated so I'm in the market for a new one. Anyone have trouble fitting Classical Puppet pettis over their hips? I'm within the waist measurement but I'm worried that my 95 cm hips might be an issue.
>>
>>9136755
Well that was the most irritating video set I've seen in a while.
>>
>>9136601
I'm ordering one from Candy Ribbon, I can make a review once it comes in.
>>
>>9136755
>>9136839

I literally had to stop after a few seconds for each video, holy shit that is annoying.
>>
>>9136821
Which style did you buy anon? The poof looks minimal on the model for some reason.
>>
>>9136601
what's wrong with classical puppets? i was considering buying a bell shaped petticoat from them soon
>>
>>9136858
Didn't say they were good just that if you want video proof this is a "thing" there it is.
>>
>>9136885
2 petti threads ago one anon mentioned that a girl's CP petti pretty much unraveled or all the layers came apart
>>
>>9136755
Both examples looked less than stellar
>>
>>9136945
Mine seems to be deflating a bit, although I haven't washed it recently and may be storing it improperly. It also tore at the seams.
>>
>>9136453
But it costs $35 to make a steel hoop skirt...
>>
I have an older CP petti that I got secondhand and it's held up well, still very poofy and no damages in the layers, just the waistband is a little worn.
My A-line is also secondhand originally from Sam's Manufacturing, the ps35 model. It works well for longer length dresses like Innocent World's.
>>
>>9136821
Interested in a trade? I have a classical puppets that is less poofy than I would like. Not because it deflated, it is just a less fluffy version of theirs. I have been wanting a petti with more volume but am pretty broke atm. I'm in the US, let me know if you are interested!
>>
>>9137128
Also should mention it is an older petti and doesn't seem to have any of the structural problems recent reviews have.
>>
>>9136824
100 cm hips here and mine goes on easily
>>
>>9136864

I got madeline - http://www.malcomodes.biz/petticoats-petticoats-Madeline-p/565.htm
Its honestly comical how big it is. I havent tried it under a dress, I'm sure it looks fantastic then. On its own I'm like a clown lol.

>>9137128 Sorry anon! I was strictly looking for something to wear on its own, like a skirt. I already have a Classical Puppets petti so I'm okay in the petti department.
>>
I have a question based on fit with hips.

I have a rather large birthing hips (that are useless) and I'm thinking on getting an upgrade on my petti, I'm in all 3 styles (mostly sweet) however would I go for the bell shape despite my birthing hips or go for an A-line petti just to fill out the bottom portion of the petti?
>>
>>9137455
????????????????????????????????
are you retarded why would your hips matter.
Just buy a petticoat that suits the dresses you own?
As if your "birthing hips" can make an a-line petti into a cupcake shape lmao.
>>9136641
I bought my malco modes petti like a year and a half ago. It's always been SUPER scratchy, the fabric has been fraying since day one and as of recent some of the layers are detaching from each other. Not to mention it destroys tights.
It's hella poofy but not worth it.
I've tried a bunny house one and it's 200000% nicer.
>>
>>9137468
Wow slip. I meant my Classical Puppets petti. I don't have a MM
>>
I have an A-line Victorian Maiden petticoat that I bought years ago on sale and it's still really nice. Recently I got pic related from Physical Drop and I'm really happy with it as well, totally worth the price.
>>
>>9136885
Not the same person >>9136945 was referring to, but I bought a petti from them via SS in 2012.3 First time I wore it, the top layer got a huge hole in the seam, and not even a month later the layers had completely fallen apart.
>>
>>9136885
I bought mine about a year ago and nothing has gone wrong with it, however some people have had theirs fall apart. Mine has lost a bit of its poof but using the dryer method revives it.
>>
>>9137888
What exactly is the dryer method?
>>
>>9137902
put it in the dryer
>>
>>9137921
Simply putting it in the dryer for a few minutes? I remember reading something about putting dryer balls in there as well.
>>
I'll post about this here since the last time I posted about this on fb people freaked the fuck out at me for some reason

Ok so I'm MM cupcake/more lolita appropriate shaped petti anon. For some reason after the Memorial Day weekend I really could not get them to respond to my emails in any reasonable amount of time (she would go like 3 weeks without saying anything, then respond to apologize for the delay before going silent again). I'm sure they're quite busy so I didn't want to hassle them.

Anyway she just sent me a picture of a custom petti that looks like a soft cupcake shape (it's not on a mannequin so it's hard to tell). I'm gonna buy it off her to see how it looks in person. It's a tad shorter than most pettis (41cm) but if the shape looks fine I'll ask about adjusting the length. She said I am free to return it.
>>
>>9137902
Throw it in the dryer with a damp cloth, turn it on on low heat or just on fluff setting.
>>
>>9137998
Good to hear anon. Thanks for keeping up with it!
>>
>>9136945
A girl I know had a really bad time with her CP petti, she's been constantly holding it together with safety pins or trying to sew it back together while trying to get a new one.
I've had decent luck with mine. I got it in either late 2011 or early 2012 and it's held up pretty good through wearing and washing. I've heard that their quality has gotten much worse compared to the heyday, and even to begin with it seemed inconsistent. Someone in a GO got the same petti as me barely a month later than me and the lace was different and it looked more see-through overall.
>>
>>9136885
They have always had quality issues however this has become more apparent in recent years. My first classical puppets petticoats (of which I had 3, ordered back in 2012) deflated really quickly and came apart at the seams or actually had the fabric rip above the seam with regular light wear, but since most people weren't having trouble with theirs I thought I had simply gotten a bad batch. I think at that point the only issues most people had were weird smells rather than quality. Purchased again in 2014 and no better - poof was better this time but the seams still split. By then more people were having issues with quality although the lucky ones who got good pettis from them have generally had amazing results with them.
>>
>>9137998
Thanks anon! Yes, please ask about adjusting the length if it's overall a good bell-shaped petti. I know they do adjustable lengths on their other petticoats, so perhaps you could see if it is feasible to do on one of these? If so, I'd definitely be interested in buying one for myself. I need a slightly longer petticoat (~55cm) for one dress, but most of my dresses are fine with a ~45cm petticoat.
>>
>>9137998
Thank you so much for this update and keeping up with this, anon! If MM manages to successfully make lolita-appropiate cupcake pettis it's going to be so much easier for everyone in the fashion.
>>
should your petti be the same length or slightly shorter than your skirts? what is a fairly standard length?
>>
>>9138338
A few cm shorter. 45cm or so is pretty standard.
>>
>>9138338
standard is 45cm. it should at least be 2-3 inches shorter than the skirt or it will show.
>>
>>9137128
What's CP petti do you have? If you're open for it, I'd be interested in buying it.
>>
>>9138338
Agreed with >>9138351. If it's 4-6+ inches shorter than your skirt, however, your skirt will hang very weirdly.
>>
>>9136755
got past the barely sufferable intro and might grab a hoop skirt now.
Agnes is my new lolita crush; she's resourceful and original and honestly I like my frilly ladies on the plumper side.

on another note, I'm extremely happy that bunny house is open for orders again! My go to petti is a super large BH I got last summer, but I've been needing a longer petti for my tea-length dresses so I'm going to commission another one.
>>
>>9138736
Am I the only person that is okay with that silhouette? I know it's improper but I like the lampshade look for some fucking reason?
>>
File: 16-08-11-02-47-17-535_deco.jpg (3MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
16-08-11-02-47-17-535_deco.jpg
3MB, 2560x1920px
I got F+F/Neo Ludwig's hoop skirt in my most recent Taobao order and I really like it. Combined with my Classical Puppets petti I get great poof. Almost too much. I haven't had the chance to wear it out yet, but I think it will deflate a little bit once worn and make it more manageable. You definitely need to wear bloomers with it as it can flip up by accident if you sit wrong.

(I got two Classical Puppets pettis in 2014 and they've been pretty good. They've deflated a little, but I haven't had construction issues like others.)

I thought about getting the IKEA one, but I was concerned about the length and placement of the hoops once you cut off the bottom one.

Pic related is the difference it makes. I had some issues with this dress deflating when I wore it last and I hope that I've fixed the issue. You can make the hoop skirt suitable for bell or A-line by using a bell or A-line petti on top of it.

>>9135783
I store mine flat on a shelf in my closet, but I think it'd be ok to hang it on a hook or two as well if you wanted to save space.
>>
>>9138742
Please don't waste your money on those "hoop skirts" anon.
>>
>>9139309
What's so bad about it?
>>
>>9139335
You have to layer multiple petti's over it to get the right shape anyway, it's not worth it. Not to mention they come bent and misshapen and good luck getting the plastic back to the correct shape.
You're really better off making your own from steel hoop boning.
>>
>>9138764
may i please have a link, i'm interested but i can't seem to find it on their site
>>
>>9139592
> you have to layer multiple pettis

No you don't? I just used one in >>9138764

The petti just has to be the right shape for the skirt. It may also be too big for some skirts, but it fits most of my dresses just fine.
>>
>>9139617
I'm talking about the one from ikea anon.
>>
>>9139611
http://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?id=18591681217
>>
>>9139627
Ah ok. My bad. Yeah I was worried about the shape of that one too which is why I went with the one from F+F. I'm glad I didn't waste my money.
>>
Are there any comparisons for the Melikestea patticoats under a JSK?
I'll be on top of the list soon and I'm wondering which to order. I want reaaally poofy cupcake petti and a moderately poofy cupcake petti. But I don't know which of them will do.
>>
File: 03br_21.jpg (74KB, 280x373px) Image search: [Google]
03br_21.jpg
74KB, 280x373px
I hope this is the right thread to ask.
Which petticoat would I need for the Royal Unicorn JSK? I only own pretty obvious cupcake-shaped dresses but this one kind of throws me off.
>>
>>9139783
This is the first thing that shows up on Google
>wisdom-grace.blogspot.com/2014/05/melikestea-petticoat-review-positive.html

>>9139788
... Anon. You need a very fluffy A-line.
>>
For those wondering about the candy rainbow petticoats, I have both of the basic shaped pettis from there and I personally like them. Both are very poofy, the bell one might be a little intense for some, I was a bit overwhelmed when I first wore it but it's made of a softer, thinner fabric. The A-line is made of a really thick tulle of some sort and is very scratchy and unlike the bell shaped one doesn't have a lace trim on the bottom (so wear some long bloomers underneath). I have a 71 cm waist and it fits pretty comfortably, but I don't know too much about the extent of the elastic.
>>
>>9140013
Thanks anon, but I've already seen this and some others, but I remember from the last petticoat thread some girl who tried many petticoats under the same dress and there were some reeeally poofy ones.
>>
File: IMG_20160408_183824 copy.jpg (380KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160408_183824 copy.jpg
380KB, 1920x1920px
>>9139783
I got the PT10O (organza) which is the same as the daily petticoat just 45cm instead of 40cm and it does live up to its name, it's definitely not super duper poofy but I think it's nice for every day. I plan on getting a hoop skirt for my insane poof.

>Long sleeves and short socks
>>
>>9140300
Thanks for the info
>>
>>9136778
The problem is with the cupcake pettis, a lines from cp did not suffer from the quality issue.
>>
>>9136821
Lol, I know that feel. I exchanged mine for the 582, jennifer, and that one is perfect.
>>
File: worth_it.jpg (479KB, 750x900px) Image search: [Google]
worth_it.jpg
479KB, 750x900px
>>9139617
>It may also be too big for some skirts, but it fits most of my dresses just fine.

Have you tried making the hoops tighter? On the inside, there is a small opening on each track where the metal goes in, and the ends are connected by a little clear plastic piece. You can pull the ends further through this piece to tighten each hoop individually, and just make sure the pleather scrunches evenly all around.

>tighten top track a lot and bottom track a little for slimmer A line
>fully extend both tracks for cupcake
>add extra boning to the empty middle track for hardcore velveteen and winter dresses, or just more perfect shape with three hoops instead of two
>>
>>9146851
That's not true, it's just more common in the cupcake ones. I had issues with my A line one doing exactly the same thing and coming apart at the seams, but only know a couple of others that had that happen
>>
How do you sit down in hoop skirts? When I Googled it all I got was tips for the floor-length historical ones, do those apply? And do any of you have trouble maneuvering around with them since they're more rigid?
>>
>>9147054
>start at 3:30
Pay attention to her top three hoops, both methods look fine with our length, wear bloomers and practice at home until you are comfortable. She is right in that the new ones are super flex-y, and you can always just place your hand on top to be certain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fK-J-WR230
>>
>>9146879
I've owned a couple hoop petticoats, and handled quite a few. By far F+F's is the nicest quality. It just feels the most sturdy. I would like to order a second one and customize it to be more narrow.
>>
My Bunny House super fluffy bell shaped petti just shipped! I hope it lives up to my expectations. Anyone who has experience with them, how long did shipping take for you?
>>
I bought two classical puppets pettis about two years ago. I bought both an A-line and a cupcake. The cupcake petti has just recently started falling apart a little, but it's only one strand of floof and all it takes is some re-stitching. This is after many, many wears and accidentally stepping on it while trying to put it on.

Overall I'd say they just wear out like any other article of clothing...
>>
>>9148225
Bunny House items can take up to 15-30 days to ship, sometimes less than two weeks if you're lucky. I live in the US, and I haven't had any problems with international items being stopped at customs for me, either.
>>
>>9147219
One of the hoops snapped on mine on the first wear, but they sent out a replacement hoop with my next order.
>>
>>9146879
I'm glad to know that adjustments are possible! However with the skirts that the hoops are too big for, my pettis are enough on their own. Maybe I'll try it anyway just to keep the petti off my legs in hot weather. Ty for the info.
>>
File: Dianaztd.png (92KB, 180x498px) Image search: [Google]
Dianaztd.png
92KB, 180x498px
About to buy my first petti ever! It's for a cosplay of Diana from ZTD. The skirt I'm making for it is a wrap skirt so I'm a bit nervous that it will stick out, but I guess I won't know until I try..
>>
File: IMG_0894.jpg (122KB, 650x974px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0894.jpg
122KB, 650x974px
I''m about to get this skirt for a meetup. What kind of petticoat is this just a bell? It seems a lot less poofy-er than my normal bell shapped dresses
>>
>>9136755
seeing her on video compared to her cof posts it really shows how much she shoops herself
>>
>>9148773
It's a bell. Seems to have normal poof. Probably needs just one medium poof petti.
>>
Where can I find a black petticoat with a more of a bell shape? I have one in the mail that has an interesting trim, but I don't think it'll be enough poof from the photos
>>
Anyone have one of closet child's pettis? Considering tossing one into my next order
>>
>>9137258
>>9146852

How is the length with your dresses? Did you two buy the petite or do you normally have slightly longer dresses?
>>
>>9136813
I bought my CP petti in 9/14 - rec'd in 2/15 and it constantly deflates. What a disappointment. Going with MeLikesTea next.
>>
>>9137998
Doing God's work, anon.
>>
>>9153005
I have one i got as a gift about a year ago. I really like it for daily wear but it wont be a poof monster
>>
>>9148225
I bought two of those from Bunny House, weirdly, they shipped them in two different packages, and one was delivered in nine days, and the other came the day after.
They're massive, mine haven't deflated at all and I've had them a little over a year.
>>
File: 1468514994338.gif (2MB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
1468514994338.gif
2MB, 448x252px
>buy petti
>thing is shitty, i have to sew a bridal petti over it
>now bridal petti has deflated
>have to wear a-line petti underneath just to give slight bell shape
>no money to buy another better one
>feels bad
>>
Interested in this as an overskirt for an OTT Halloween coord, but I can't find any photos of it other than the bad stock photos F+F has. Anyone own it/seen it IRL?
http://www.fanplusfriend.com/visual-kei-punk-lolita-puffy-gauze-bustle-pannier-ankle-length/
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.