[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reenactment Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 19

I'm interested in getting into WWI and WWII reenacting and was wondering if anyone has any advice on where to start. I live in Michigan so if anyone has info on groups near me that'd be appreciated too,
>>
No groups, but shops to look into are At the Front, Kreigsende, and Hessen Antique. I do German, so my opinion is based on that.

Find a group before you buy anything, and go to an event or two too. Each one had their own specific requirements and often guys will have gear you can borrow or buy off of as you build your kit. Plus, you want to make sure you like the unit before commiting totally. This shit isn't cheap, either.
>>
File: image.png (423KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
423KB, 750x1334px
Hope it's okay to ask this here. I'm a lolita and I bought a sam browne belt for a military lolita coord I'm putting together. I saw this one in black and figured I'd get it over the brown one just because I have more brown accessories in my wardrobe and lolita fashion is big on color coordination (would look odd for me to have a brown belt but black boots, etc). According to the listing I got it off of its a WWI British officers belt. I've been dying trying to find a matching pouch for the belt (thought it'd be cute to have it to stick my phone in) but it seemingly doesn't it exist in black, in my minuscule research it seems like it's because apparently black belts weren't too common?

So my question is where the fuck can I find a matching black pouch??? I've tried expanding my options beyond like "wwi british sam Browne belt accessories" but I feel like I'm finding stuff that's too modern looking. Honestly might just say fuck it and buy a brown belt so I can get the matching brown accessories but do you guys also think I would be able to buy a brown pouch and use leather dyes to get it black?

Also interested in thinner waist belts to wear with the shoulder strap. Where could I find/what search terms would I be using to try and find something like that? (Because whenever I try to search I just find regular thin waist belts or it brings up listings for shoulder straps)
>>
File: a.png (901KB, 524x931px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
901KB, 524x931px
>>9133384
Seconding what this guy said. Unless you spend at minimum a year researching gear before you buy anything you will regret it. You simply don't know enough about the salesman or the gear itself.

>>9133439
If you're not afraid of playing with household chemicals you can always make vinegaroon.It dyes brown leather pure black and does not stain your clothes. I did it for my boots.
>>
>>9133439
Also, try map or medic pouches.
Especially this one,
http://www.atthefrontshop.com/product_p/ggmedpk.htm
i don't have one, but from the buckle size its fairly small, but more than big enough for a phone. Unfortunately, you're going to be looking at what is essentially, early 20th century fanny-pack analogs unless you're willing to look at cloth things as well.
>>
>>9133995
Are you the dude who posted on /k/ eating on the tank destroyer?
>>
>>9133293
There's an Axis & Allied WWII Airsoft group in Michigan that some of my friends are involved in. That's the name of the group on FB if you want to look it up.
>>
>>9134256
Thanks!
>>
>>9134256
I contacted them. They seem really cool.
>>
>>9134248
Yeah, someone told him to ask here so I thought I'd come here to try to catch him him to answer his questions.
>>
>>9134732
Thanks, I appreciate it. Where are you from? I got into contact with two different groups and i'm getting pretty stoked.
>>
>>9133995
>>9134003

Thanks so much! That vinegaroon dye sounds probably perfect, I'll have to try it out and see how it goes. The medic pouch also looks pretty promising, I'll look into that if the vinegaroon doesn't work out well.
>>
>>9133995
post moar pics cutie
>>
File: 2.jpg (167KB, 418x932px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
167KB, 418x932px
>>9134931
Im in Central Texas, I just last night managed to contact a group that was actually located in state. Pretty much every Waffen SS unit had disbanded or gone defunct long before I started searching.

>>9134994
all i have are nazi outfit photos
>>
>>9135153
>all i have are nazi outfit photos

literally my fetish, post away mein herr
>>
>>9135153
Which group? I'm moving to Houston next summer, it would be nice to have an idea of an active group to start with.
>>
File: 1451952914580.gif (3MB, 627x617px) Image search: [Google]
1451952914580.gif
3MB, 627x617px
>>9135173
>literally my fetish
o-oh

>>9134931
Also, I'm going to tell you now in case no one else in your unit does. Jackboots WILL make you slip. You have to keep your center of gravity directly above your feet at all times when on modern flooring because those hobnails provide very little surface area contact with the ground. I've literally flown, like legs windmilling out in front of me, from taking a turn too fast or overstepping.
>>
File: 3.jpg (130KB, 323x931px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
130KB, 323x931px
>>9135177
What impression do you want to do? A lot of units who do Heer will also do luftwaffe, while the SS units I've come across are generally only exclusive to that impression. (which is reasonable because Waffen SS tends to be the most expensive impression due to the costs of the camo. Luckily, some decent camo has finally started to be sold at reasonable prices. Normally for a set with the smock, zeltbahn, and camo cover you'd be looking at 500-750 dollars, but now you can find a full set for 200.)
>>
>>9135184
look I just really enjoy handsome men in uniforms :'( the german ones just happen to look the nicest
>>
File: joachim peiper and max wunsche.jpg (156KB, 1057x1600px) Image search: [Google]
joachim peiper and max wunsche.jpg
156KB, 1057x1600px
>>9135240
cant blame you
>>
File: paratroops.jpg (196KB, 588x1088px) Image search: [Google]
paratroops.jpg
196KB, 588x1088px
>>9135209
>>9135209
I've always wanted to do a fallschirmjager or a tanker, because they had the coolest kit and uniforms in my opinion. I've always had an interest in historical reenactments, but never had the unit/time/money line up just right to get involved. Or, I would only find groups that had broken up, no longer got together, or had an extremely poor reputation.

I was able to incorporate some of the style into a Gundam cosplay though. I was hoping to do one of Ramba Ral's commandos, but when the jet pack and helmet prop fell through I cobbled together my take on a Zeon paratrooper officer.
>>
>>9135240
It's because they're designer. Their uniforms are military burando.
>>
File: 1417197340227.jpg (277KB, 1295x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1417197340227.jpg
277KB, 1295x1600px
>>9135281
You mean Hugo Boss?
>>
File: 9.png (3MB, 1651x931px) Image search: [Google]
9.png
3MB, 1651x931px
>>9135277
Well Texas is certainly the right place for both of those. The WW2 museum at Camp Mabry has a running Hetzer and there's a few running stugs around here too. The 167th Volksgrenadier does both Heer and Luftwaffe ground forces and along with Kampfgruppe Steiner are generally regarded as the best in state. The former has decades of reenacting experience and is responsible for museum authenticity so they run a pretty tight ship while the latter has some of the highest uniform standards around (and the cost to match it) but they are always impeccably turned-out. Kampfgruppe Steiner legitimately looks like a temporally-displaced Heer unit and their website is an excellent resource for gear and uniform souring.
http://167thvolksgrenadierdivision.com/wordpress/
http://www.kampfgruppe-steiner.com/

I have to admit that my interests were primarily Waffen SS infantry, so my knowledge of Fallschirmjaeger and Panzer reenacting are a bit lacking. I know for certain that if you are really dedicated theres an actual WW2 German jump school that teaches the technique and does air shows.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v7e5mKh708

Panzer reenacting is a bit rougher as the vehicles are either privately or museum owned and neither of those two are lenient when it comes to letting people play with 70+ year old AFVs. If you want to be part of a crew you'll probably be a spare, a loader, or something along those lines. Unless you're just interested in playing dress-up then do whatever the hell you feel like, its not like they can say otherwise.
(here's the running hetzer, also pic related)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BF_8FPSyKYf/

Other than that I can't speak with much authority about those fields. You'll have to get in touch with someone who is more involved with them if you have any specific questions.
>>
File: TxMFM HoH.jpg (90KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
TxMFM HoH.jpg
90KB, 960x720px
>>9135277
meant to post this too
http://www.fjr6.com/FJ-LEHR/fjlehrkompaniecom/2013%20Jump%20Training.htm
>>
>>9135319
>>9135325
Gory, gory! That would be a hell of a trip. Thanks for the lead in, I'll definitely do the prep work on checking things out.
>>
File: 5.jpg (134KB, 328x913px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
134KB, 328x913px
>>9135352
Also, for whatever you eventually pick look into that branches summer-weight uniforms. The Heer has HBT green and the SS had their dot-44s. You don't want to show up wearing full wools and 30+ pounds of field gear at an event when the temperature was pushing 100 like I did.
>>
>>9135358
Do you ever get flak for doing Schutzstaffel?
>>
>>9135424
I'd think that'd be more of an issue for Luftwaffe reenactors.
>>
>>9135439
Kek
>>
File: 8.jpg (139KB, 380x884px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
139KB, 380x884px
>>9135424
Not really. All the events that i've taken part of have been museum sponsored and I've essentially been a volunteer so if they had an issue they would have to take it up with the WW2 museum or history. Some of the other reenactors (especially the GI reenactors) tease, but then you just remind them that your uniform looks amazing and they're wearing essentially pajamas. That said, this is also Texas, so people are pretty laid back. From what I've heard the South has a long lineage of wanting to play the bad guys, apparently its common to have to draw straws at Civil War reenactions to see who gets to be the Confederates, because nobody wants to be a yankee.

I've been considering going to a less welcoming venue, like a con or something, but from what I've gathered here and elsewhere showing up in nazi paraphernalia is literally a meme, so i dunno.
>>
File: 1462582444741.gif (871KB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
1462582444741.gif
871KB, 245x230px
>>9135439
damn, /cgl/ with the bantz
>>
>>9135281
so if theirs are burando, which country is/was bodyline?

>>9135358
sorry for creeping on you so hard anon but I wish there were more qt reenactment boyz like you
>>
>>9135487
If basic kit didn't cost $1500+ there probably would be
>>
File: g25dg.jpg (223KB, 800x1197px) Image search: [Google]
g25dg.jpg
223KB, 800x1197px
>>9135494
I'm ready to make the plunge. Hopefully you like your German soldiers with battle beards.
>>
File: tumblr_mky6fwoj761qa38yao1_1280.jpg (657KB, 800x1185px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mky6fwoj761qa38yao1_1280.jpg
657KB, 800x1185px
>>9135643
Depending on the unit, you might get your ass reamed. Technically only Gebirgsjaegers were allowed to grow facial hair besides mustaches, but in combat those rules fell by the wayside. (also true if you were a hero like Kurt Knispel, they couldn't do shit when you're indispensable.)
>>
>>9135651
Most groups i've found are willing to allow two weeks worth of facial hair. I'm pushing the boundaries of that but I'm hoping most are understanding.
>>
>>9135659
if it doesn't work out there's always Finnish reenacting
>>
>>9135494
I spend that much on my burando collectively (and then some) so that number doesn't scare me. Wow now I wish I had a qt reenactor BF so we could spend ludicrous amounts of money on weirdo hobbies together.

>>9135442
I think it's...cute? When I see guys wearing reenactment shit at cons but yeah don't wear Nazi shit to cons. Definitely a meme and one that gives me secondhand embarrassment. Also it's entirely possible that some staffer will come over and ask you to change, or cover shit up on your clothes (and cons are private entities so it's within their rights to do so). That said though you might be able to get away with a Wehrmacht uniform if you removed or covered up the emblems - mostly just the eagle but some people may or may not notice that either so idk. It's mostly just the obvious well-known black SS uniform that will get you in hot water at most conventions, although from past memories I think it might only be an issue if you're a retard with an armband and you're drawing attention to yourself like saluting for pics. As much as I enjoy and respect reenactors I def find it cringe when people try to be edgelords at cons with complete black uniforms. Just not the right audience and you risk getting asked to leave or change or targeted by offended congoers. Unless that's your goal, in which case, I'm not gonna be able to stop you aren't I.
>>
>>9136420
Allgemeine SS (the black uniforms) and armbands are a meme at reenactions too. I have no desire to offend, but unfortunately the only costumes I have can very easily be construed that way. Regardless, thank you.
>>
File: image.png (149KB, 209x648px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
149KB, 209x648px
>>9136665
I mean like I said I bet you could probably get away with it depending on the uniform. Fujoshit weebs have been wearing what is supposed to be modified waffen ss uniforms for years already.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.