[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Otakus?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 090627_sweet5.jpg (86KB, 688x459px) Image search: [Google]
090627_sweet5.jpg
86KB, 688x459px
I was wondering, /cgl/, we often hear about anime/manga otakus, idol otakus, train otakus,and the like...
But is there any lolita otaku? Like, girls "obsessed" with lolita? Or even "kawaii" things other than animu and cute girls/Jfash?

Is any of you obsessed with something? If yes, why? When did it start? Share your obsession with us!
>>
>>9124919
Pretty sure it exists? I've seen dolls otakus so...
>>
>>9124919
I'd probably call myself the lolita equivalent of an otaku. I spend all my free time on lolita related stuff and over half of my income on it. (Basically everything that isn't used on bills. I live very modestly) lolita basically takes up my life at this point and has for years. I'm not very cute though and autistic as fuck, but I assume most Japanese otaku are high functioning autists themselves. You kind of have to be to devote so much time and energy to a very specific and niche hobby with no tangible rewards.

I wouldn't call myself a lifestyler though, I don't do the whole tea and macarons thing and I don't post pictures online. I know I'm trash.
>>
>>9124919

We just call them lolita, anon.

It's hard to be in the fashion and not be able to recognise particular prints or dresses, if only because you need to differentiate between something that goes for $500 on the secondhand market or $150 to make sure you're not getting ripped off. The really famous prints become a discussion topic once bidding hits $500. All lolitas have been indoctrinated about good lace vs bad lace. There's so many substyles you often need to study up on which one you're trying to coord, otherwise you end up looking like a clusterfuck. You learn to save your money for AP's fall releases if you like sweet in darker colours, or for Halloween if you like gothic-sweet, or you learn where girls sell secondhand Moitie if you're into gothic lolita.

Lolitas are basically frilly dress otakus, it's part of the hobby. If you aren't all that obsessed with lolita you'll quickly lose interest and drift away after the first dress.

Maybe you'd like to change the topic and ask what cgl obssesses over instead? You'd get a more in depth answer than "yes, lolita otakus exist"
>>
>>9125294
Indeed, let's just change the topic to what /cgl/ obsesses over.
So, seagulls, what are your obsessions?
Don't be shy and tell us.
>>
>>9126269
It's weird but I don't really obsess over any one thing anymore? At least as far as fandoms go. I like a lot of shows but I don't get actively involved in their fandoms.

My love is probably equally split between cosplay and art. I'll nerd out over good artwork or an artist that I really like or art supplies which is probably dumb to a lot of people. I know that I've dropped hundreds of dollars on cosplay and I'm only two years in. I spend a lot of time looking at cosplay photos and I'll plan cosplays a year in advance so, yeah, definitely what some people would consider obsessed. I'll even sometimes just spend an hour or so trying to find good cosplays from series that I like on different websites for inspiration or just for fun
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.