[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 80

Ask for help, advice, etc.
>>
Unanswered questions from the previous thread:
>>9104750
>>9109105
>>9110614
>>9110664
>>
File: dask.jpg (125KB, 1034x326px) Image search: [Google]
dask.jpg
125KB, 1034x326px
Asked in the hair thread, didn't get a response.

Can someone help me understand what's going on with this hairstyle? It's presumably not too wild, since it's the actor's real hair. If anyone's got a tutorial for a rolled hairstyle that I could adapt into this, even if it's not exactly right, I'd appreciate it.
>>
>>9119576
looks like a weird version of victory rolls
>>
>>9119576
Kinda reminds me of victory rolls, but flattened in the front.
>>
File: Mikazuki_Munechika_005.png (2MB, 623x925px) Image search: [Google]
Mikazuki_Munechika_005.png
2MB, 623x925px
where would I even try to find this kind of fabric for his outer kimono, taobao wasn't any help.
>>
File: garen-rugged.jpg (264KB, 1215x717px) Image search: [Google]
garen-rugged.jpg
264KB, 1215x717px
Hi!!

I want to do a Rugged Garen cosplay, from league of legends. However it will me my first true cosplay.

Please, any advice for what i should do?

Sword: Planning to do on Spray foam, idk how to paint it and make it look "worn"

Shoulder: Planning to do on Foam but unsure to how and what to do: Should i make separate parts to make the effect or do only 1 big piece?

Arms armour: Foam, with something that looks like a ribbon to tie.

Clothes: Really unsure on where to get a jacket like this (Not really common here, i live somewhere really hot)
>>
>>9119668
Google 'sayagata'
>>
>>9119227
It might be good to add something like 'if the answer is on the first place of a Google search, please do a bit of research before asking help here'.
>>
>>9119796
take every piece that you described and google it, chances are someone had done that costume already or has done something similar and made a tutorial for it.
there are plenty of tutorials for weathering (making something look worn) and making foam armor.

go to youtube and look up tutorials there, you will find what you're looking for because what you're asking is very basic even if your costume is not.
>>
>>9119880
Amazing anon. Thank you!
>>
How should I go about making Gwyndolin's mask?
>>
What kind of fabric should I use for Mei's jacket? I couldn't find anything I liked in the nearby crappy fabric stores so I probably need to order it online.
>>
>>9120446
faux suede or ripstop nylon with down/batting.
>>
File: 9b4.png (417KB, 740x1404px) Image search: [Google]
9b4.png
417KB, 740x1404px
So first time making a cosplay outfit from the ground up cos i want to make a shy gal cosplay

any tips
going to make the mask out of paper mache i think
fabric?
>>
I want to buy a generic maid outfit, but with at least some quality ($70+) not the cheap $30 ebay kind. What website/store would be best?
>>
>>9120531
Cosplay Fu has one with custom option. I would check reviews though.
http://www.cosplayfu.com/product/Maid+Costume+(Winifred)
>>
>>9120539
Thanks I'll check them out
>>
So I'm trying to buy some Ank Rouge sale items from Ailand but when I hit the complete purchase button it keeps taking me back to the page where you input your address and payment info and has this message at the top:

"お客様は現在、ご購入、発送後、受取拒否、長期不在、キャンセル、お客様ご都合によるご返品のいずれかが多いためにお受け取りの意志が無いと判断され、システムでご購入に制限がかかっている状態です。"

Can anyone tell me what it says? Google Translate is spitting out gibberish. I've ordered from them before so I'm not sure what the sudden issue is.
>>
If I would like to do a sailor scout cosplay, and I'm a guy, is it better to look into making my own or just purchasing one and possibly altering it to my liking?

If I do this, it would be my first non-closet cosplay.
>>
>>9120603
Depends on your sewing level. You might be better off with a custom made one.
>>
>>9119880
I learned a thing today!
>>
File: HowTho.png (124KB, 414x451px) Image search: [Google]
HowTho.png
124KB, 414x451px
I am really stumped by the compound curves for this forearm piece.
it pops out near the top, and curves inward, but only on one side.

and it's thin enough to hug the wrist, but how would i slide it on/take it off?
>>
File: 1469291757138.jpg (540KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469291757138.jpg
540KB, 1280x720px
>>9120607
>get block of foam
>cut front profile
>rotate block
>cut side profile
>use sanding to fudge out the rest
>cut in half
>remove innards
>do whatever else prepping foam for armor involves
>>
Is it possible to make a normal wig look good in a ponytail?
>>
>>9120911
A low ponytail, sure.
Mid-to-high, no. The wefting will show.
>>
>>9120920
It's high but the tail itself is short. Do you think there is any saving it? (I got a normal yato wig by accident and nothing will come in time).
>>
Please help! me and my best friend want to cosplay but we have no idea what character to do or where to start. Best friend is is 6 ft male Asian. Im just 6 ft male blonde hair, blue eyes, white dragon :I we both love anime and video games. even some ideas would be beyond helpful.
>>
>>9120928
It doesn't matter how short it is. If you pull any of the hair on the back of the wig into a ponytail the wefting that was hidden by the fibers now in the ponytail will show. Try it and see for yourself. You could try to cannibalize a few tracks from places on the wig where you can't really tell and sew them right under the tail to cover the wefting under it, but I feel like you will have no idea what I'm even talking about because you don't understand why you can't just pull a tracked wig into a ponytail in the first place.
>>
>>9121022
Boku no Pico
>>
>>9121040
sorry I was just giving you more details, I was asking if there was some trick i could use. But thanks for the help!
>>
>>9120504
do not sexualize the shy guy
>>
I got a styled wig for cosplay recently, but the cap is way to big for my head. What's a good way to tighten it? I clip it in with bobby pins, so it stays just fine, but it still feels off. And one of the hooks is completely broken off so I can't tighten it.
>>
>>9121050
If you can get weft in the same color, you can sew it along the bottom so that the wefts are hidden when it's pulled up.
But that's pretty much the only thing you can do aside from buying another wig.
>>
>>9121022
>watch a series, play a game, etc.
>find characters you both like, bonus points if the characters are friends or seen together often
>cosplay them
Cosplaying something you like is much more rewarding than just some random ass character that you look like.
>>
File: 1440095418528.png (728KB, 1081x945px) Image search: [Google]
1440095418528.png
728KB, 1081x945px
>>9121116
too late its gonna happen but isnt going to wear in public
>>
I'm making a man's short sleeved shirt, but the only fabric I could find has 3% elasthane in it, and I need to paint little crosses on it. Will it be okay even if the fabric is a bit stretchy ? The shirt will be worn open so there shouldn't be much pull on any areas.
>>
How do you choose which cosplay to wear on which day? I have 4 different costumes that I can wear. I will be hanging out at the venue during registration on Thursday for a little bit but mainly will be there on the standard Friday evening, all day Saturday, and Sunday.
>>
>>9121376
I wear my favorite or best one on Saturday, my most uncomfortable or difficult one Friday night since it is for only 1/2 day or less and I'm not tired at all yet and save the least favorite or the easiest one for Sunday in case I am tired or decide to just go casual instead.
>>
>>9119880
Yvw and good luck, it is a really cool look!
>>9120692
Kimono patterns are pretty fun for me, I'm always glad if I can answer a question about them.
>>
>>9121321
Add fabric medium to your point if it is regular paint or or use fabric paint. In either case, set according to the directions and it should be fine.
>>
>>9121321
Use fabric paint, it's meant for things like that.
>>
File: Kyle3.png (1MB, 1563x1965px) Image search: [Google]
Kyle3.png
1MB, 1563x1965px
I know that Fanboy and Chum Chum is a terrible show, but I can't help but love Kyle. I watch it just for him. I think I'm in love with him. Almost everyone in that show is really ugly, but there's something really attractive about Kyle. Like he would be really sexy if he wasn't animated in such an ugly art style. I'm obsessed with Kyle. I think about him all the time, and I can't stop thinking about him. I dream about him every night. I think I need help.

Anyway, I want to cosplay Kyle. Does anyone know how I can make the teeth?
>>
>>9120531
bodyline actually has a couple cute/nice quality maid outfits for cheap, there's lots of reviews out there for the different kinds, and you don't need a shopping service to buy from them.
>>
Where else would one buy cheaper/used lolita pieces besides Lacemarket? I'm thinking of getting into Lolita, and I'm checking out Bodyline but many of the prints look borderline ita. Any indie or Taobao brands to recommend as well?
>>
>>9121538
Closet child, wunderwelt. As for taobao brands I like Little Dipper, Dear Celine, and Pumpkin Cat.
>>
>>9121467
4chan is 18+
>>
what is the best way to get long dark hair temporarily white? (for a geralt cosplay)
>>
>>9121660
A wig. Anything you apply will look gross and coated.
>>
>>9121406
>>9121462
Thanks ! I forgot to mention I would be using fabric paint, so it looks like everything should go fine
>>
>>9121666
nice trips
i think a wig would look too artificial though
how would hair chalk work on darker hair?
>>
>>9121686
It doesn't cover opaquely and by the time you get enough of anything on to turn darker hair white, it will be a mess of stiff, gummy or coated strands that you can't style. And that much product will cost you roughly as much as a half-way decent wig anyway.
>>
Can I use black powdered RIT dye to turn a fabric brown?
>>
>>9121686
The devil knows! https://www.etsy.com/listing/266622187/silver-gray-wig-straight-lace-front
>>
>>9121692
thanks
>>9121715
90€ + shipping? i'm not croesus
>>
So apparently i'm an idiot& accidentally bought modelling clay when i needed air-dry (the sales assistant assured me it was air-dry, but it's not. its plasticine clay.)
at this point i have wasted money on a large amount of plasticine, and i don't think i can get to a shop in time. does anyone have an idea for hardening it? i'm thinking several coats of clear nail polish or glue might work. it's for a pair of horns, and i will paint over them.
so do i abandon ship or keep the struggle?
>>
>>9121731
That's not the only wig in existence. Just look for silver/light grey/white lacefront wigs.
>>
>>9121784
Isn't that for oven-baking? The package should come with directions on how to bake it, if it is.
>>
>>9121869 no, sadly. it melts and smells terrible. it's the stuff kids use in kindergarten/school or what animators use so they can remake models
>>
>>9121731
Calm down, it was just the first example I pulled in a quick search to show you that the right type of wig can look good. As >>9121864 said, now begin your search to keep your budget and still have it look nice. Because of the hairline you will need a lace front wig type and adhesive though. They aren't all that expensive. Many people try to cut corners on their wigs with the super-cheap type ones though (like from Party City or such) and yes, those look very unnatural.
>>
>>9121916
Ahhhh I see.
You should use something else like Mod Podge to try sealing it, although clear nail polish can work in a pinch since I'm assuming you're going to remake them with better clay later.
>>
>>9121945
yeah i definitely will remake them later, there's just very little time until the con. i'll try mod podge, thank you!
>>
File: mens-black-tie.jpg (119KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
mens-black-tie.jpg
119KB, 480x640px
Does anyone have a pattern for a cummerbund offline anywhere? I know it's an easy project with basic straight lines but I'd rather make one that looks a little more sartorial and a little less "I made this out of denim in 20 minutes!" Thanks!
>>
>>9121784
Modeling clay does not harden.
>>
>>9122041
They said the sales assistant told them wrong
>>
>>9122048
Yes, but sealing modeling clay with modpodge or nail polish will not produce any useable item since the clay will remain soft underneath.
>>
>>9122086
I was just trying to help anon out temporarily. They're in a time crunch.

As long as they're not rough with the horns, it should be doable for a few hours.
>>
File: IceKingGif.gif (345KB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
IceKingGif.gif
345KB, 400x268px
I'm looking to up my game and add some magic to my ice king cosplay, but I can't think of anything. I was looking for something similar to a CO2 extinguisher, but also won't get me kicked out of the con. Anyone think it's possible?
>>
I'm looking to make a more casual cosplay of Jimmy from south park but I've gotten a lot of mixed results over whether or not I should include the crutches. Some people say it'd be offensive, others say itd be fine. Jimmy is only really recognizable with his crutches so I'm not sure leaving them out would be a good idea. Any advice/thoughts?
>>
>>9121376
Friday is interesting, but still comfortable. Saturday is almost always my best. Sunday, comfy, often store-bought or made of normal clothes.
I rearrange for groups and events sometimes, but not always. Lately I've been bringing an extra Sunday level costume for when I just can't wear more complex things anymore, or when I want to cosplay but also want to hit dealers hall or whatever without getting sidetracked for pics, especially at bigger cons.
>>
>>9122310
Bit of a weird thing to cosplay.
I had a friend do a wheelchair cosplay to a con once (she wasn't disabled though), and from what I've learned from that: basically don't try to get handicapped treatment. People are going to side-eye you anyway but you're not really causing any harm unless you try to like... cut to the front of a panel using your "disability" or something, yknow?
Use the crutches as little as possible so it's at least obvious that you're not trying to get special treatment.
>>
>>9122203
get creative with dry ice. That's about as much as I would safely go for at a con. Maybe throw in some LEDs somewhere.
>>
>>9122402
>dry ice
>con safe
>>
I'm making a gun prop with the body made out of chicken wire and the handle pvc pipe
I've got basically everything in place now but I'm noticing that the glue that I have for the pvc is NOT holding it in place very well and it's really wobbly
I'd rather not risk breaking the handle off by picking it up, what are some good ways I could maybe stiffen the handle up so it doesn't break off?
My first idea was to cut strips of chicken wire and attach them on the inside of the gun to both the walls of the body and the handle sticking up inside but it hasn't really made a huge difference
>>
>>9121376
Thursday = easiest one to take off since the day is so short, sometimes rewear a cosplay from previous years
Friday = the one that "lost" to Saturday's honestly
Saturday = best/newest/most popular one
Sunday = comfiest one because I'm too tired to deal with anything more
I also plan them around photoshoots/events.
>>
>>9122402
Would most cons even allow that? I like the idea
>>
>>9122458
I'm having some trouble picturing it in my head but maybe you could fill the gun out with expanding foam?
>>
File: image.jpg (178KB, 955x1166px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178KB, 955x1166px
>>9119227
Any ideas on how to make that arm and leg? I made an arm once out of craft foam and it was tragic. I'm willing to blow ridiculous amounts of money on this one so if I need a vacuum table I'll do it.
>>
I'm working on Diredude's casual version of Crystal Maiden and have everything but her gem. I've looked all over but can't find any kind of self adhesive gem that looks anything like it. What are my options to buy one? Or can anyone link me a tutorial to how to make them?
>>
>>9122953
Look into resin casting
>>
File: 2MFZneu.png (709KB, 702x801px) Image search: [Google]
2MFZneu.png
709KB, 702x801px
I've got everything figured out for the Clown Biker except the coat. It looks like it's supposed to be a duster, but I cannot for the life of me find any light grey men's dusters that aren't stupid expensive. I'm willing to drop 50-60 bucks at most, I get coats are gonna be pricier than other stuff.

Gonna hit some local thrift and surplus stores this week and see if there's anything that fits, but if not is there somewhere online that would be particularly good to check out? I can't see trying to make the coat from scratch going particularly well, I've got a little under a month till con.
>>
>>9121376
how i usually do it:
Friday
>2nd best, ideally something relatively comfy or not cumbersome since i usually spend Friday hanging out with people and getting drunk as fuck
Saturday
>the "main" cosplay(s, i will sometimes pick 2 main cosplays and switch out halfway thru the day)
Sunday
>either not at all, or the lowest-effort cosplay i've got that still looks good
>>
Best way to get lots of horsehair braid for cheap?
>>
>>9122869
Your gonna wanna do Worbla for the arm. For the leg, there was a rlly good Junkrat WIP on the leg in an overwatch thread the other day.

If you can find that post and track him down you could probably get advice from that poster.
>>
File: Katsuki.jpg (35KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
Katsuki.jpg
35KB, 500x353px
So I'm trynna make this guys grenade arms, and the issue is I want to avoid using worbla for the base....it'd be like $100 worth.

Is there a cheaper alternative thermoplastic that would work just as well anons? It'd only be the round shape of the grenade, none of the details.

Note: I don't want to use EVA foam for the base.
>>
>>9121376
Most people I know wear their most impressive costume of the weekend on the day of the competition whether they're competing or not. Lazy or easy costumes are generally for night events and the days that aren't competition day are your standard, looks cool even but wont absolutely kill you to wear costumes.
>>
File: tumblr_mvpv3vtLOc1slnf7ro2_400.png (161KB, 380x590px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvpv3vtLOc1slnf7ro2_400.png
161KB, 380x590px
I'm getting the armor commissioned, and plan to make the top and skirt myself. Anyone have any idea what would be best to use for the material? I've seen some really good ones with leather and latex, but I'm not sure how to craft that.
>>
>>9123083
Look into furry tutorials on how to build a support structure with plastic canvas and then cover it with black spandex and chunks of eva foam painted green
>>
>>9122018
Who are you cosplaying?
>>
>>9123079
I forgot bout the existence of worbla. I've never used it before so this should be interesting. Thank you so much!
>>
File: KingWinXIII.png (184KB, 524x652px) Image search: [Google]
KingWinXIII.png
184KB, 524x652px
>>9123131
Fight me

(no seriously do you have a pattern or a link, because google just is not working for me)
>>
File: sakura.jpg (84KB, 420x500px) Image search: [Google]
sakura.jpg
84KB, 420x500px
What kind of fabric would I need to make the wings on her shoes? And as a stretch, would anyone know how I could find/make it in that colour gradient or similar? It reminds me of the kind of fabric used on children's costume fairy wings. I'm a beginner so sorry if this is a dumb question.
>>
File: raimu_kawasaki_99474.jpg (54KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
raimu_kawasaki_99474.jpg
54KB, 300x450px
What is the official name for the green bow thing? Is it just a bow or a neckerchief or what?
>>
>>9122402
>dry ice
lol, you'll get kicked out if you use dry ice. at the sight of smoke, people are going to freak out. even though real smoke burns black or a dirty white, it will still be treated as a hazard.
>>
>>9123469
How about I marry you instead?

King is love
>>
Accidentally posted in the sageing thread.

Making my first body suit, pic related. I have a pattern (Simplicity 1142 with planned modifications to the top) but how exactly do I go about making it more form fitting?
>>
>>9123655
Make it 1-2 inches too wide. Put it on inside-out. Pin it so that it's form fitting. Use that as a guide.
Make sure to wear whatever undergarments you'll need under it, as well.
>>
>>9123489
Look up how to make shrink wrap tinkerbell wings and just make it much smaller
>>
File: pyramid-head-cosplay-1.jpg (117KB, 650x434px) Image search: [Google]
pyramid-head-cosplay-1.jpg
117KB, 650x434px
I would like to start a thread collecting cosplay photos that actually tell a story.

Not those "this photo had a chair photoshopped out and someone had to crouch"-kind of photos and not where people just pose or maybe wield weapons, but with action.
The problem is it's goddamn difficult to find such photos (mainly because not a lot of people take such), but also because I have a hard time wording what I want to see.

Storytelling cosplay photos?
Action cosplay photos? (not just fights, but anything that includes anything else like cooking or whatever action)
Slice of life cosplay photos?

English isn't my first language, so I can't seem to find a proper search word and I'm not looking for photos of just one single series.

Pic related is the closest I could find atm with what I mean, it's not just Pyramid head posing in a scary corner but actually killing someone.
Not the best example but still.

I also remember seeing a hilarious photo of Tenchi Muyo characters drinking heavily and some cute shot of characters shopping at a bakery. These are what I mean.

Not just Belle and the Beast dancing or Overwatch characters jumping backwards and shooting at each other but funny, charming cosplay photos preferrably in character and canon to the series.
Nothing "oh lel we so randum funny derp photoshoot" unless it fits the characters. Something almost like a cosplay photo comic or a specific scene from a game/anime/series would be great to see too.

Now help me, what search word should I use? Or is this photoshoot style completely out dated?
>>
>>9123833
>>
File: schoenen.jpg (17KB, 731x442px) Image search: [Google]
schoenen.jpg
17KB, 731x442px
What would be the best material for the blades and silver part on the boots? I was thinking of EVA foam but I'm not sure if that would look sharp enough.
>>
>>9123697
>shrink wrap tinkerbell wings
Thanks! this is just the trick.
>>
>>9123833
The best I can think of would be "cosplay photos that tell a story" but people don't really label their galleries as that. You'd just have to sift through by series name.
Anyway, we've had threads like that before, and you're welcome to start a new one if you want.
>>
>>9124027
You can use EVA foam and just cut the edges at an angle. I believe it's called a bevel?
Would you be walking on those, though..? I don't think a thin piece of EVA can hold a person's weight.
>>
File: Ryo-0.png (974KB, 1600x2487px) Image search: [Google]
Ryo-0.png
974KB, 1600x2487px
What kind of materials would be best for the top (not the armor) and the skirt?
>>
How do you make that mask? Paper mache?
>>
Anyone know anything about crt monitor/tv disassembly? I've looked up a few tutorials on youtube but I also am kind of terrified of electricity? Is there anyway I can just get the guts out and not have to deal with discharging the TV?

I want to make a monitor head cosplay and hopefully not die.
>>
Please forgive me if this is the wrong place, but I'm very new and interested in learning more about j-fash. I looked at the sticky but didn't really see anything and a lot of the links are dead. Are there any reputable sites that I can look at that have genuine good examples of the fashion?

Thanks!
>>
>>9124759
Depends on the Jfash.
Honestly there aren't really any central sites. The general threads are pretty good places to look for good examples of styles
>>
>>9124759
if not any specific, check out http://tokyofashion.com
>>
>>9124512
Oh man, I remember that kid; He was very patient and kind to everyone that approached him unlike his father.
>>
>>9124792
>>9124793
Thank you very much! Are there any good ebay sources that you know of or good places to order from in general? Or can I put together a look from basic things. I don't have anything specific in mind but I am eager to learn about the different types.
>>
>>9124820
ebay can be hit or miss depending on the fashion and shop. I'd suggest buying directly from brands that are staples in the fashion.
Lurk on this board and you'll learn a lot.
>>
>>9124820
It depends on the type of fashion you will decide on. I'd do some research on types, decide what you like, and then come back.
>>
File: hide seam allowance.jpg (56KB, 301x241px) Image search: [Google]
hide seam allowance.jpg
56KB, 301x241px
Can anyone give me some advice on what to do here? The seam allowance looks really bad. I can cut it down to maybe 70% as the fabric doesn't fray, but is there a better method to make it as small as possible?
>>
>>9125048
Apply Fray Check on the seam and cut really close to it?
>>
>>9125052
That sounds like a good option, thanks! Do you doing something like a small rolled hem on each side of the seam allowance might be worth trying at all?
>>
>>9125048
Seeing that I can also see your panties, maybe you should line them?
>>
>>9124752
Just get someone else to discharge it for you and remove the PCBs. Alternatively discharge every cap you see then chuck the thing in water to make sure.
>>
>>9125121
Who would I go to for something like that? A tv repair guy if they exist?
The caps are the suction cup things right?
>>
>>9125073
You might end up with two thin lines visible from the outside. I mean, it's better than what you have at the moment, but yeah.
>>
>>9125124
Anyone who has dabbled in diy/electronics and is careful could do it.

The important thing is to make sure the CRT (the metal cone) vacuum is removed by breaking the nozzle, and both the CRT and the caps (the tiny metal cylinders soldered to the board) are discharged. In the case of the caps you can just touch a screwdriver across its two legs, but you should probably discharge the CRT ground through the literal ground.

(caveat: I haven't gutted a CRT before, but I often gut stuff, and have dealt with high voltages)
>>
>>9125124
Basically just take a screwdriver and touch it between the two leads of anything that looks like a barrel. Also never touch the circuit boards with both hands, as my dad told me ;)
>>
>>9125141
>>9125142
Thanks for your help!
I've also heard about the gas in the TV being an issue?
>>
>>9125149
afaik there isn't any gas inside the CRT (which is why you have to drain the vacuum first), but the screen itself is pretty toxic. I wouldn't exactly by licking the inside of it.
>>
>>9125154
Thanks, I'll take your advice and not lick the inside of my tv
Are rubber gloves a good idea as well?
>>
>>9125160
3 pairs can't be a bad thing in case something goes wrong. Just make sure you're using a screwdriver with an insulated handle and that the metal part is connected via a wire to ground when you discharge the CRT! I've seen demonstrators actually put their hand on a 30kV source, so long as there's an easier path to ground you're safe.
>>
>>9125091
I was going to wear skin coloured underwear/bra as they don't show up. But I'll see if I can find a good lining material.

>>9125128
Okay, thanks anon. I'll check for lining, and if not I'll use fray check.
>>
>>9124409
Vinyl!!
>>
Hi! I'm thinking of doing some sort of couple-y cosplay with my SO. He uses a manual wheelchair and I've been trying to brainstorm some things but I am not that creative...

We both play league, and ffxiv. We like cutesy type things. I'm tallish.

I have read the Real manga, about wheelchair basketball but I don't think many people know it... and it would sort of just look like he's wearing basketball clothes.

I'm worried about wearing something that requires too much accessories since it would be difficult to carry around a con between just us.

I was thinking of doing Annie, and he could be the bear... I don't know how much he'd like that though haha. He is a little hesitant to have his own costume and thinks I should just make something for myself. But I want to involve him and show him off a bit too.

This is probably for next year, since I want to have time to work on it.

Any ideas? Suggestions? Am I being stupid?
>>
>>9125301

There's really not a lot of anime guys in wheelchairs that's usually reserved for delicate moe girls.

Be whatever you want. If you're worried about the wheel chair you could both be a "battled-damaged" superhero or crime fighter team. If you haven't made stuff before it gives you a little leeway to fuck up.

If you both like cute stuff you could just be decora as fuck and trick out his wheelchair with plushies and stuff
>>
>>9125321
yea, he's definitely not delicate looking and I think he likes cute things, but probably won't be down with me placing plushies on him. I'll ask though!

The "battle damaged" idea sounds cool. He's very broad shouldered so maybe I can convince him to let me try some special effects makeup or something.

Thank you for the suggestions!
>>
>>9125330
Acro from Ace Attorney
>>
>>9125352
I can't believe I didn't think of this! Yes that would be awesome. I'll run this by him. Thank you so much!
>>
>>9125376
No problem, I don't think I've ever seen him done before
>>
Does anyone have a review for that $12 cape bodyline is selling? I need a cape for some stupid shit I'm doing but if it's gross I'll just go to ebay.
>>
File: tank.jpg (110KB, 508x403px) Image search: [Google]
tank.jpg
110KB, 508x403px
>>9125301
Girls Und Panzer!

Cute show about cute girls in tanks.

Make your boyfriend the tank, walk around with him. Pic should give you an idea of what to do
>>
File: voltron-hunk.png (235KB, 620x348px) Image search: [Google]
voltron-hunk.png
235KB, 620x348px
Wig suggestions for this hairstyle?
>>
I'm sure this is a really barebones new person question. But I've got literally 0 experience with Armour cosplay, I was wondering with the upper part of his body how it's layered over one another how I would go about well... starting that. I can't imagine it being stable but also as thing looking without using actual metal, as well as retaining enough strength to hold that entire cloak without prying itself loose. Sorry if this is a stupid question either way.
>>
>>9125149
Don't most people throw out the tube and put in a pane of glass/plexi?
>>
>>9125518
Look up EVA foam armor on youtube and start from there.
>>
>>9124260
Yeah, but searching with that gets me nothing.
It sucks because I remember talking about this with a friend but I don't remember who it was, but they actually came up with a brilliant term- one which I couldn't search then- and now I've forgotten it.

I would like to start a new thread like that, but would people even understand what I'm after, especially since I have very little examples for an OP picture.
>>
>>9124820
Lolita fashion (gothic, sweet, classi, old school etc)
Decora
Gyaru
Himekaji
Ouji
Aristo
Fairy kei
Cultparty kei
Menhera
Larme
Uchuu kei
Mahou kei

These are some fashions that get discussed here a lot (and discussed wether they are dead/relevant anymore, sub-styles or jfashion at all).
You might want to google them, decide if you like some of the images, come back and lurk threads of said fashion and you'll learn a lot.
>>
>>9125301
These are probably not as cutesy as you'd like, but Bentley and Penelope from Sly Cooper would be cute imo.
They both like gadgets and Bentley uses a wheelchair.
>>
>>9124263
I'm building it on/around shoes that already have a heel.
>>
>>9124752
I've made three monitor heads and two were TVs. It was a few years ago and I've got basically no knowledge about electronics but maybe I can help. I've asked my brother who I know helped us if he has any memory of dismantling the CRT thing.

Basically we unscrewed the TVs. Then there's a lot of stuff. Bro said this: "Touch it with rubber gripped pliars or something similar. Make sure not to touch anything metal. Then just take out all the screws holding it in place. Just make sure it's all discharged of electricity for safety when disposing."

Then once that's done you can put it in front of your house for Big Trash day (maybe this isn't a thing where you live).

After safely discharging and emptying it's spray paint (I'd desired) the body, cut out a head hole (we used a hacksaw), add some foam etc to soften the edges and the inside to rest your head on. The last step for how we did it (I think the most efficient) is to cut some plexiglass to the right size and window tint the inside of it. It's great; it's got the darkness of sunglasses indoors but isn't see through from the outside of the TV if you buy it dark enough. All of this is available at Home Depot for one cheap trip. We all did everything for them in 1 afternoon.

Here's a tutorial my friend made on tumblr
http://coffeecakey.tumblr.com/post/96288748498/how-to-make-a-tv-head-with-pictures

and here's a video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-QOxLRLDVeg
from YouTube that shows how to dismantle the CRT but be V V CAREFUL and @ very least if you're scared just find a handyman / electricity-smart guy on Craigslist to do it for $25 on a Saturday.

I hope some of this helps. Three clueless teenagers managed to not die and I know countless others online have made them. You could also try looking for an already-empty one in local thrift stores.
>>
>>9125604
the link didn't work I'm sorry for dropping half of it wtf

http://coffeecakey.tumblr.com/post/96288748498/how-to-make-a-tv-head-with-pictures
>>
>>9125604
>>9125606
IM VERY DONE WITH THIS LINK NONSENSE

sorry for clogging but that's the full link and u can just type it in if you wanna see our lackluster tutorial
>>
>>9122681
I've been putting more and more shit on the inside and it's holding a bit better but not perfect yet
The problem with this is I have wires coming out of the trigger and a bunch of other circuit stuff that I'll be stuffing in there once it's finished so I can't just keep filling it up no matter how much I want to
I think for now I'll just keep putting more and more caulk around on the inside until it's a little better then just be very careful with it
>>
>>9125576
That would be pretty cute~
I don't know if he'd be down for green paint but I really like that idea! Thank you I never thought of that
>>
>>9125477
Oh! I definitely thought of this but got worried it would be too difficult. I'll have to think of it again, it could be really fun! Thank you
>>
I know this isn't really what the thread is for, but could anyone help me find shoes similar to these (preferably under $100)?
I've found some on Dollskill, but I've seen some really bad reviews on them, and I know they've stolen art and shit before, so I don't want to support them. Also they cost like $250+ there, and I just cant justify buying shoes at that price anyways
I've seen some on taobao too, but they were just up to size 7. I wear size 8, so from a chinese shop I'd probably have to get a 9
>>
File: fuck.jpg (252KB, 1500x660px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
252KB, 1500x660px
I'm trying to make this and I have no idea how I would even begin. Going to my local offcut place soon, so I should be able to get any kind of materials for it. Any advice?
>>
>>9125548
I've seen most people using plexi or some sort of plastic tinted screen
>>
>>9125604
thank you so much!! I really appreciate the links
>>
What do you guys recommend for painting heels? We need about 6 or so of the same color and type and they are impossible to find.
I've seem some people approach this by painting them with acrylic or spray painting them.

Anything that is not "sew something to cover it" is great advice.
>>
>>9122953
if you find/make a gem you can probably use liquid latex or body safe glue or something like that to attach it
or double sided tape if you hate yourself
props for making the cosplay though, I wish I had the balls and skills to go for the arcana but that material is so fucking hard to sew, doesn't sit well and is probably impossible to get into a gradient

>>9123115
looks rubbery, which is a bitch to sew. as an alternative try a stretchy and shiny opaque fabric, I don't know material names in english at all

>>9123489
dip/tie dye or find light tulle/organza/silk that's pre dyed (finding ideal fabric is probably hard though)

>>9123506
it's a neckerchief, like scouts have
that just looks like a pretty normal seifuku to me

>>9125836
spray SHOULD work? it will probably also come off quite fast though if you are clumsy. depends on what colour you're going for too probably
>>
>>9125781
This looks like it was sculpted from clay and then made into a silicone mold and cast with resin then painted gold.
>>
>>9125836
LEATHER PAINT. DO NOT SPRAY PAINT THAT SHIT IT WILL CRACK AND YOU WILL BE SAD

joann.com/leather-studio-2.0-oz-paint/zprd_13450259a.html#q=leather%2Bpaint&start=1
>>
File: dwarf.jpg (1MB, 2550x3509px) Image search: [Google]
dwarf.jpg
1MB, 2550x3509px
I need help. Im making a cosplay of dwarf with flamethrower. Before i go on stage i need announcement for him, his name is Boris Redbeard.
>>
>>9125964
The whole thing? The thing I'm worried about is the band that the crest is sitting on. Don't mind if I have to settle for something that isn't screen accurate, but I want to try.
>>
i apologize if this is asked frequently but i've been googling and can't find the answers i need.
i want to buy this jsk & matching headbow from taobao https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.w4004-14598922296.2.iBuel7&id=536519104254
the items are on preorder and i have figured out the deposit amount but can't for the life of me find the full item cost! am i missing something here?? and will someone recommend a shopping service that does preorders bc i'm having a hard time finding info in their various FAQs! thank u in advance! and again sorry if i am being dumb i've just been googling for like an hour and i need this stupid watermelon dress
>>
>>9125570
>would people even understand what I'm after
Yeah, especially with the examples you posted. Like I said, we've had threads like this before.
>>
>>9125836
Leather paint like the other anon said, or floral spray paint. I've painted heels with the latter and it does kind of crack near the bottom, though.
Regular spray paint would crack waaaaaayyyy more. Do not use that, even if you seal it.
>>
File: corrugated paper.jpg (19KB, 236x238px) Image search: [Google]
corrugated paper.jpg
19KB, 236x238px
>>9125993
Yes it all looks like one solid piece but if you made them separately no one will care or notice.

If you're trying to replicate the texture maybe heat up a band of sintra and then build up the texture with cut, corrugated scrapbook paper, make the crest from sculpey and spray paint the whole thing
>>
>>9119227
what diet do you /cgl/ use?>>9119227
I completely cut off anymilk,juice or coffee from mine and just stick to water and tea,
>>
>>9125999
You might check the taobao thread.
>>
>>9126044
i'll ask there as well, thank u
>>
File: _20160802_002102.jpg (3MB, 4452x2853px) Image search: [Google]
_20160802_002102.jpg
3MB, 4452x2853px
Looks like there's no coord help thread, hope there are some lolitas in here.

Bought this bag specifically for this dress and when I got it, I'm not sure it matches well enough. What do you guys think? And if it's OK, would you wear dusty pink shoes or black oxfords, and what color tights and shirt? I never get any concrit wearing this jsk, I'm not sure if it's just ugly or what
>>
File: Ryuji_Sakamoto.png (270KB, 324x866px) Image search: [Google]
Ryuji_Sakamoto.png
270KB, 324x866px
Anybody got a good link for Ruyji's pants? Most of the ones I found on Google are off color.
>>
>>9126059
Not a lolita but adding a couple bows or roses in black and the lighter pink from the dress might pull it together
>>
I want to create a veil headpiece for an upcoming meetup, but tl;dr it's in a couple days and my budget is too tight currently to buy a headpiece or even materials to make one. Would it be a smart idea to attach a sheer, thin shawl to the bottom of a headdress? I was planning on using safety pins to secure the shawl to the headpiece in a way that would be invisible from other people.
>>
>>9126059
add a bow where the handles meet, can be in black or yellow or light pink like what anon said>>9126066
>>
>>9126091
do what you must
>>
File: shouldibuy.jpg (24KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
shouldibuy.jpg
24KB, 340x270px
should I buy this? i'm buying the galaxy seifuku and I was wondering it it'll match
>>
>>9126112
It'll work if you have other similar accessories. Wearing just that + the seifuku would look tacky.
>>
>>9126129
what other accessories do you recommend? maybe more pins or add a brooch?
>>
File: hero_allura_pose1-1.png (147KB, 689x1146px) Image search: [Google]
hero_allura_pose1-1.png
147KB, 689x1146px
Could anyone give me some recs for a bodysuit commission? Hopefully someone who's done plugsuits (and hopefully someone who has photos of a commissioned piece). Thank you!
>>
Does anyone know if thicker spandex is called something other than spandex? I'm trying to make a bodysuit but want to work with a fabric that's a little thicker than what you might find in something like a morphsuit, but I'm having trouble finding something like it.
>>
>>9126300
Spandex/lycra comes in different weights. If you look on places like Spandex World, it will give you that info in the product description (they also give you an idea of what that's like in common garments.)
>>
>>9126304
I'm from a smaller European country and most local stores (online and not) either don't list weights or only have one type of very thin spandex. But thanks for the answer, I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet this time and pay for international shipping.
>>
>>9126314
You can try asking for moleskin spandex? Its sometimes more readily available and its a thicker weight than the "performance spandex" normally sold.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 236x331px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 236x331px
Reposting from the stupid questions thread.

What's a good shade of blonde for those with darker skin? Wanting to cosplay pic related, but I'm afraid of it looking shitty since my skin is naturally tan/olive.
>>
File: all I could come up with.png (925KB, 1686x836px) Image search: [Google]
all I could come up with.png
925KB, 1686x836px
sigh this looks harder then I thought it would be
any advice or suggestions would be gladly appreciated
>>
>>9126367
I'm olive-toned too and blonde is a really hard shade to pull off. You have to go neutral with it (ie. more brown/white than yellow).
With Mari, you can get away with a paler blonde, but it'll be tough.
You can also try using purple concealer to take out the yellow tone in your skin, but it might also look weird compared to your arms/legs.
>>
File: LADY_VEST.jpg (13KB, 343x304px) Image search: [Google]
LADY_VEST.jpg
13KB, 343x304px
So, I commissioned a vest kind of pic related, and only after wearing it did I realize a problem. When I move around even a little, the two sides of the vest move apart, exposing a gap right in the middle between the toggles(which are nonadjustable on mine.) . As a retard who doesn't know to sew, what's a good way to fix this short of just velcroing the shit out of it?
>>
>>9126508
If I'm reading this right, it's completely normal. That's just how vests are.
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 480x360px
What would you guys use for Serena's skirt? I was thinking horsehair on both layers but the lower circle really stands out. Maybe a built in hoop?
>>
>>9126515
Yeah I'd say a hoopskirt for the pink one, maybe a petti if you don't mind not being 100% accurate (since she obviously doesn't have one)
And yeah, horsehair braid for the ruffley bits.
>>
>>9126512
Even if it is normal, what is a good way to make sure it doesn't happen? I dislike it because the vest is such a nice blue, marred by my flesh poking out a hole near the top (the vest in question has toggles running all the way up to the neck)
>>
>>9126694
Can you wear something under it?
>>
>>9126066 >>9126105

Thank you
>>
>>9126740
no problem anon!
>>
>>9126038
Thanks!! I'll give it a go.
>>
Is glueing fake nails on gloves using hot glue okay? or are there any better ways to do it?
>>
File: Chat.jpg (703KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Chat.jpg
703KB, 1080x1080px
>>9127310
When I did my Chat Noir gloves I glued the fake nails with fabric glue, the brand I used is Gutermann the yellow one HT2.
These are glued on the inside of the fabric though but they stick pretty well. I'd suggest you try out both methods and see what works the best but I trust fabric glue more.
Also, if you use fabric glue you can wear the glove while you glue the nails on, less risk of getting yourself hurt.
>>
File: Keith_(Paladin)_-_LD.png (229KB, 938x938px) Image search: [Google]
Keith_(Paladin)_-_LD.png
229KB, 938x938px
I only made armor once before, so for this cosplay I'd like to get it right.. How would one go to making foam armor with these designs? Any good tutorials especially with no side hooks on the chest piece.
Also nice to see other voltron cosplayers in this thread
>>
Does anyone know brands similar to ahcahcum muchacha?
>>
File: image.jpg (254KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
254KB, 1280x960px
I'm having some trouble getting this wig to curl inwards. It's kinda just sticking out at the ends, since it's bluntly cut. It's a rather thin wig, so layering it wouldn't be a good idea.
>>
>>9127310
I wouldn't use hot glue, I used it for something where it's ok if the nails deform, but it was really hard to try and NOT have them deform since the heat melts the plastic enough to bend in weird ways. Do what anon >>9127326 mentioned.
>>
File: 20160803_123627.jpg (2MB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
20160803_123627.jpg
2MB, 2322x4128px
how would i go about making these look like not crap? made em for halloween real quick but now want to wear something to the ren faire.

i was already going to replace the string with actual straps but how else do i make them look more 'real'
>>
File: elite_knight_set.jpg (16KB, 211x350px) Image search: [Google]
elite_knight_set.jpg
16KB, 211x350px
>>9127477
pic related
>>
File: 1409347282257.jpg (128KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1409347282257.jpg
128KB, 1280x720px
So im making my first time cosplay but and i need a fabric that streatches well for fitting and be see though help
>>
>>9127477
>>9127479
You're better off remaking it. If your base is going to be shittily thrown together you'll not be able to fix it.

If you really don't have the time to remake, can you at least remove the stuff that's on it now and maybe try aluminum tape?
>>
>>9127427
Do you want it to actually "flip" in? Assuming its heat safe, using a flat iron. If that doesn't work, use a curling iron.

>>9127477
I don't think you'll be able to make them look more real. No one cares at a faire though. You're willing to redo them or buy new ones, go look at the LARP thread.
>>
>>9127492
>>9127494

so remaking them it would have to be huh? would you suggest painting the aluminum tape at all?
>>
File: 1416692085836.jpg (67KB, 262x528px) Image search: [Google]
1416692085836.jpg
67KB, 262x528px
>>9127486
not see though gad lol
>>
>>9127494
Yeah, that's kinda what I had in mind. I'm actually not sure if its heat resistant at all (I've had this one for ages and I think it might not be. Got it off amazon 2 years ago or so) and I wouldn't want to ruin it.
>>
>>9127552
If that's the case you could use sponge curlers and brush out the curls until they have the flip you want.
>>
Does anybody else own the Ikea hoopskirt? It's turning out really nice after cutting off the lower hoop but the second one (now the lowest) keeps getting bent out of shape and I can't get it back into a circle shape. Any advice?
>>
>>9127600
Replace the hoops with thin tubing from Home Depot?
>>
>>9127622
I was hoping maybe I could press it back into place but I'll probably have to consider this. Only problem is that I'm hardly crafty and live in a tiny apartment without much room for doing stuff like that. I'm gonna keep it in mind though, thank you anon!
>>
>>9125818
no prob! good luck, it's really easy and they're super fun to wear. every con I've been to it's been well received and popular.
>>
>>9127486
Depends on what you're using it for (bodysuit vs. form-fitting top).
Most stretchy fabric of decent quality isn't see-through.
>>
>>9127501
Weathering it helps it look for "real", but I'm not sure if the paint would adhere to it.
>>
File: tumblr_lu1ec9xeav1qkkcodo1_500.jpg (96KB, 500x622px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lu1ec9xeav1qkkcodo1_500.jpg
96KB, 500x622px
What is this dude's collar called?
I've been trying to search for it but I don't even know what time period it's from.
>>
>>9127860
Try "elizabethan ruff".
>>
>>9127862
Thank you so much!
>>
>>9126445
Thank you!

I've been looking at different shades of blonde and I'm leaning towards a whiter blonde. Browner shades don't really work for Mari, or else it'll look like a You wig. Thanks again, Anon.
>>
File: 1467936947783.jpg (71KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
1467936947783.jpg
71KB, 427x640px
>>9126134
>>9126112
Not them but if it's just this and the seifuku then definitely get at least some bracelets, a couple pins, or a brooch, some smaller hair clips in matching colors, a ring, etc. I'm not saying cover yourself head to toe in accessories but maybe go look at decora stuff for ideas/inspo on little things to add in to make that work by throwing more things in for balance. Maybe paint your nails in a matching theme too.
>>
File: Shin.jpg (54KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
Shin.jpg
54KB, 225x350px
I'm totally new to cosplay and I really want to do Shin from Dorohedoro. How on earth would one approach doing this mask? It needs to be elastic so I can't think of anything besides molding one and that sounds impossibly hard.
>>
File: luluco.jpg (279KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
luluco.jpg
279KB, 1000x1414px
I wanna cosplay Luluco so bad, but have no idea where to start.

I have a siren to put on my head.... so there's that.
>>
>>9128063
Watch the TV show Face Off and you'll see what they do for this stuff
>>
>>9120928
Not sure if you still need it anon, but I have this wig that I'm selling (in the US)
>>
>>9128099
Oh god, that looks so hard. I'm sweating for you.
>>
>>9128099
You know, despite this show's popularity, I've never seen a single cosplay of it. I can't even find one on cosplay.com.... Weird.
>>
File: hello-kitty-galaxy-1_2048x2048.jpg (69KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
hello-kitty-galaxy-1_2048x2048.jpg
69KB, 1000x1000px
should I get this bag?
>>
File: Tumblr_n8se6pza1R1ry7whco1_1280.png (303KB, 793x802px) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_n8se6pza1R1ry7whco1_1280.png
303KB, 793x802px
Could someone help me find fabric for Honey Lemon's leggings/sleeves? Someone used pink spandex under black netting but I'm making it for someone else so I'm worried about layering stretch fabrics.
>>
File: fuckit.jpg (26KB, 450x267px) Image search: [Google]
fuckit.jpg
26KB, 450x267px
First timer working with EVA foam and I read to use caulk to smooth out the seams, so I put caulk on all of my seams. However its uneven and now I'm reading that you can't sand caulk.
The convention is in a week, what do I do?
>>
>>9128206
ugly imo
>>
>>9128243
Lmao rip
>>
>>9127332
Why do the armor people always ask the worst questions

This is like asking a painter how to paint

>google "cosplay armor"
>read a shitload
>read more
>try it
>fuck up a couple times
>be mediocre for a while
>be good
>>
>>9128243
Get a solvent and smooth out the caulk
>>
>>9128272
Thanks for the actual help bro
>>
>>9128206
noooooo
>>
Anyone know where I can get opaque colored contacts with an 8.4 BC or am I fucked? Everything I find is 8.6.

On a different note, does anyone have any recommendations for gloss coat sprays? I want to seal paint on a sword I've made, but testing the Rustoleum clear gloss spray I have on a test board sprayed with the same colors seems to make that paint "melt."
>>
>>9127501
Late reply, but have a video on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1--0DLJv-8
Aluminum tape applications starts at around the 19 minute mark. He doesn't really paint it in this video but there's a Hellboy sword video where he does, but I personally don't think it looks that good.

>>9128243
For future reference, you can smooth out caulks with either alcohol or water (depending on the type of caulk), right after applying it.
>>
>>9128192
>>9128255
You really shouldn't come to the Help thread if you're going to be no help at all.

>>9128099
You're going to need some kind of spandex blend for the bodysuit. Look up how to sew stretchy material, as well. It'd be easiest to make the light blue base and add the white pieces on afterward, rather than trying to make the whole thing in one go.
What's weird is that it looks like it's 2 pieces (that hem under the belt), like a hooded top and matching pants. It might be easier to fit if you do 2 pieces, but it's your call.
>>
I'm interested in getting a new Amuse Tsuchineko pencil pouch. I'm not really sure where to buy them that confirms that I'll definitely be getting Amuse and not some knockoff or bootleg, other than Otaku Mode. Is that trustworthy? Is there a better website?

In regards to Otaku Mode, how true are the release months? There's an adorable pencil pouch that I want from Otaku Mode, and it says it releases this month. I've had issues in the past with release months being lies with other sites, though. Any experiences?

Pic related. It's adorable and I want it.
>>
>>9128016
Thanks!
>>
>>9128747
I buy from Otaku Mode occasionally and the stuff I've received is legit. Haven't bought their Amuse stuff but I'm pretty sure they're reputable for that too.

About the release months, it really depends on both the supplier and Otaku Mode's warehouses. Suppliers sometimes delay release (this happens a lot with figures) and there's nothing you can do about it, but also I've had cases where an item releases but Otaku Mode doesn't ship it until a month or two later because of some warehouse delays. Their NA warehouses are having issues at the moment.
So it kinda varies.
>>
>>9128246
>>9128315
I love buying tacky stuff and I was just wondering if the website it's on is legit or not, but thanks for the feedback!
>>
>>9128752
So, if it were to get delayed, it wouldn't be for longer than a few months? I can roll with that. I've seen delays that have lasted for years, so I'm not too worried.

Besides, it'll take some hunting for me to find a backpack in the style I want. Going for, business casual exterior, cute animal weeb interior for it.
>>
>>9128755
Yeah I've never had a delay last more than a few months, from either the supplier or the warehouse.
Good luck in your search!
>>
>>9128760
I preordered the pencil pouch I posted along with this big Pickles plush.

Thanks again for the input!
>>
I found a tutorial for glitter jars on tumblr, and they seen fun to make. however, I also found a lot of blog posts saying vegetable oil didn't work. is there an alternative?
>>
File: glove.jpg (230KB, 1000x1337px) Image search: [Google]
glove.jpg
230KB, 1000x1337px
Any idea how to remove this kind of paint/ink from a glove without destroying the glove itself? The glove itself is that kind of rubbery work glove material.
>>
>>9128953
You could try non-acetone nail polish remover. Test it on a hidden part of the glove first though.
>>
Made some props from paper mache.
i finished the last layer with printing white paper.
i started to paint it white acrylics and now when it's dried the paper is more white then the actual paint
>>
>>9129106
That tends to happen, paint is usually a very subtle cream whereas paper is bleached white.
Just paint over all the paper.
>>
File: tumblr_o8y9fvqXGC1unc4eko7_540.gif (67KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8y9fvqXGC1unc4eko7_540.gif
67KB, 540x304px
Looking for Arda/EpocCosplay wig suggestions for new Voltron Keith. I'm fine with minor styling like trimming and basic sculpting, but I don't want to mess with wefting or other more complex stuff.
>>
>>9119227
I am a tall well built white guy with long brown hair. I have a convention in a month and my girlfriend really wants me to wear something. Unfortunately I am not very creative. What are some good easy cosplays for a long haired guy? I was thinking of being The Dude from the Big Lebowsi
>>
>>9129170
Wearing a wig is pretty much literally always recommended
>>
>>9129178
Huh. My hair is fucking huge though. Would this complicate getting a wig or are they basically one size fit all?

Also, cardigan dude or supermarket robe dude?
>>
>>9129180
Arda's wigs can handle big heads.
>>
>>9129155
I guess Magnum Long would work.
>>
>>9128219
How big is she?
>>
>>9128099
Followup question: How would I attach the siren to my head? I was thinking, maybe a headband under the wig that could attach to the siren through the mesh of the wig cap somehow.
>>
>>9128206
I think it's cute
Maybe because i'm a sucker for hello kitty merchandise
>>
>>9129279
5'9, 38/30/42 b/w/h. Pretty average size. Not the cosplay I would have chosen for her body type but it's what she wanted.
>>
At cons most cosplayers I talk to seem to be taken.

Outside of cons it seems like no one (available) even knows what cosplay or lolita is and think it's fetish shit.

How 2 get cosplayer gf?
>>
I want four cute purses for going out, for the different seasons. I know exactly what kind of purse I want, but I've never seen it for sale and it never will be.

Has anyone had experience in commissioning their own purse from a maker on etsy or something? I'm honestly considering doing it.
>>
File: 12345.jpg (130KB, 462x974px) Image search: [Google]
12345.jpg
130KB, 462x974px
Does anyone have any good ideas on either where to buy thigh highs with a single white stripe or how to effectively add a white stripe to plain black thigh highs? They're nothing super difficult, just the same anime-style thigh highs a lot of characters have, like in the pic.

I considered using fabric paint, but imagine it will crack and look messy as you can't really tape things off on delicate fabric.

I tried white ribbon, fabric, and elastic but it won't stay up without gluing them directly to the thigh highs.
>>
>>9129606
Use elastic but this time stitch it to the sock with a zigzag stitch while stretching both of them
>>
>>9129384
Magnets. Get some rare earth magnets and super/epoxy glue them to the bottom of the siren. Then sew some up in little fabric pouches then sew them to the interior of your wig. Make sure your polarizations are lined up right.
>>
>>9129624
Ooh, that sounds neat. Hopefully the magnets wouldn't fuck up the siren. I want it to function. (It's battery operated.)
>>
>>9129616
Thank you for the fast reply.

I do have a question though: the thigh highs I have are not socks made of terrycloth type fabric, they are 2-tone faux thigh highs made of a more durable pantyhose fabric. Is zig zag stitching through this going to destroy them?

I've never tried sewing through pantyhose so I wasn't sure.
>>
>>9129606
It's hard to find socks like that with only one stripe. Getting socks with multiple white stripes and blacking out the extra stripe(s) (with ink, dye, etc.) could be easier than adding a stripe to plain black socks, but I've never tried it so I don't know how good the result would look.
>>
>>9129568
stop being desperate/thirsty and aim for honest friendship first
>>
>>9129386
the face is cute but the plain black strap and black on the sides just kills it
>>
>>9129644
Oh good call. I hadn't thought of blacking out extra stripes. I did see socks that have 2 stripes. I may give that a try and thankfully socks are not very expensive so even if it doesn't work, I'd only be out like $10. Thanks for replying!
>>
>>9128781
There was something on the resin general about using wood oil normally used for cutting boards for things like this because it doesn't go lumpy and doesn't have a fragrance.
>>
>>9129672
true
>>
>>9129585
Not purses, but I've heard of people commissioning other craft things through Etsy. Just check the reviews, usually a seller with a lot of sales/ratings is good.
And ask for progress pictures and constant communication just to be sure you're getting what you want.
>>
Used tear away stabilizer while doing spandex seams but having a hard time with the "tear away" part it just pull on the stitches. Any tips or do I just need to pull up Netflix and get the seam ripper out to pick out all the paper?
>>
File: Li Jingcheng.jpg (32KB, 560x373px) Image search: [Google]
Li Jingcheng.jpg
32KB, 560x373px
Does anyone know what the name of the style of robe this guy is wearing is?

I'm guessing it might just be ornate red cloth that's cut loosely into the shape of a dress but I doubt that's right. It might have a proper name.
>>
File: dizzee.jpg (210KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
dizzee.jpg
210KB, 1440x900px
it's a pretty obscure cosplay, but I'm thinking about doing Dizzee Rascal from the Bassline Junkie music video at some point in the future. I already own a similar suit, only issue is I'm a white guy with hair ironically enough more similar to the other guy in the video. Is there a way I can make this work?
>>
>>9129668
Honest friendship with whom?

The already coupled cosplayers? It doesn't sit right with me to befriend them and wait until they break up with whoever to then swoop in and be their bf.

The single non cosplayers?
Doesn't seem to be a point to that either. I might be wasting my time with them; they might never end up being interested in cosplay.

Making friends (cosplayers or otherwise) is easy; cons are social environments. Finding a single cosplaying girl isn't.
>>
File: kayle.png (219KB, 692x507px) Image search: [Google]
kayle.png
219KB, 692x507px
What should I do about these wings? They have a gradient but, should I use the same color for every feather, buy some feathers in different colors or paint the gradient with an aerographe? Right now I think painting it with the aerographe is my best shot but I'm afraid that the feathers turn to shit, like when you wet them. Also would this take a lot of time or a fucking shitload of time?
>>
>>9129790
looks like a loose kimono/yukata.
>>
>>9129790
For that soft look you might want to make a kimono with chiffon layered over satin
>>
>>9129768
Tweezers help, but unless you get the wash-away kind you'll have to go in yourself and pull out the tiny paper bits.
>>
>>9129911

You're right. It really is. I think I just didn't notice because of the chiffon that is layered on top.

>>9129915

I didn't think the chiffon was separate from the yukata which had me confused. Thanks!
>>
Does anyone know of any good trusted cosplay stores? I usually make my own stuff but this time I'm giving myself a little break.
>>
>>9129820
Make friends with the single cosplaying girls, yes.
They do exist, you probably come off too hard on them and that's why they tell you they're taken.
>>
File: image.png (108KB, 512x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
108KB, 512x720px
Is it a bad idea to alter the design of a cosplay a bit? I have fat upper arms and burn scars on my shoulder so I'd like to add sleeves. Should I just suck it up and stick to the original design?
>>
>>9130370
Depends on what you're thinking of adding, but in most cases, altering a cosplay that much looks weird.
>>
File: image.png (116KB, 512x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
116KB, 512x720px
>>9130412
I was kind of thinking of adding sleeves like on this girl's outfit, but that might not work out too well, haha. I'll probably just say fuck it and show my gross arms to the world lmao.
>>
File: 1446147187-2.jpg (393KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
1446147187-2.jpg
393KB, 3000x1688px
Hi cgl! I'm making Yorha 2B from Nier Automata.

For the dress, would you say that it's velvet or suede? I was originally going with velvet, but with the way the light looks on it, I'm thinking of suede instead.

Also, would fiber etch work on suede?

Your advice would be much appreciated!
>>
File: 1387485395447.jpg (92KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1387485395447.jpg
92KB, 500x333px
Hello /cgl/, how can I get into cosplay? I am barely out of DYEL, curly hair and from Eastern Europe.
>>
>>9130562
step 1: pick a costume you like
step 2: buy or make the costume
step 3: wear the costume

congrats, you're a cosplay.
>>
>>9130539
I'd say velvet.
>>
File: Frank_West.jpg (247KB, 878x1580px) Image search: [Google]
Frank_West.jpg
247KB, 878x1580px
Ok,so I'm going to a con dressed up as Frank west and I was wondering,should I just cut my hair short and style it becuase I think buying a wig would be a waste if I cut it so it's only an inch away from my scalp.
>>
>>9130843
You're not really going to find a wig of this length that looks good
>>
>>9130853
Do you think I should just go to my barber and ask them for a cut like that? What do I say, "hey barber gimme dat I just fought through a hord of zombies during my midlife crisis look."
>>
So I think I've been landed a golden opportunity for a wig commission and I don't know what to get.

I could improve my Freeman cosplay with a nice wig so I can stop using my real hair which looks awful.

I could resurrect a cosplay that was difficult to do with my natural hair as J. Jonah Jameson.

Or should I get a replacement Star Butterfly wig because that cosplay seemed to do really well at the last cons I took it to.

What do you think gulls?
>>
File: wig-choices.jpg (107KB, 1295x426px) Image search: [Google]
wig-choices.jpg
107KB, 1295x426px
>>9130896
Forgot image
>>
>>9130539
Velvet indeed. (this is so beautiful)
>>
>>9130864
Basically. I've been given that cut without even asking, it's basically a short back and sides with a bit of gel. Make sure to ask for a receding hariline.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3593x4737px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3593x4737px
would it be a bad idea to make this out of velvet? i have a ton of black velvet left over from another costume.
>>
File: horns.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
horns.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Does anyone have the Evil Ted horn pattern ( http://eviltedsmith.com/product/foam-horn-pattern/ ) or anything similar?
>>
>>9131054
Normally for maid(?) outfits, I'd say no, but hers has enough detail where it'd be doable.
>>
>>9131071
This. In general adding some texture is nice in cosplay and if you're going to add lace to the apron it will look more cohesive than a poplin
>>
>>9131071
>>9131079
Thank you both! I'm actually going to use a hot knife and casa satin for her apron, do you think that'd look ok? Haha, I'm just not very good with fabric decisions.
>>
Has anyone been to godaikocon recently? I'm wondering if you need a badge to get into the con?
>>
>>9130903
>>9130573
Alrighty velvet it is! Thanks anons. I'll post progress pictures when I can!
>>
i'm doing a stalker cosplay, if anyone has any jacket recommendation, id appreciate it. It does have to have a hood
>>
Can you use like baking silicone spray to detangle wigs? Is this a good idea??
>>
>>9130864
I get my hair cut very similarly to your picture.

If you naturally have a widow's peak, it'd be even better.

Go for a 3 on the sides, make sure your barber thins the fuck out of the sides or else it'll look patchy.

Top will be scissor cut, make sure to get it down to 1/3 an inch or so, and make sure your bangs are short.

On con day, apply a bit of hair spray, or if you're lucky, just water will give you enough poof as your short hair doesn't take much to stick up, and then you're good.

Don't forget the 5 o clock shadow as well.
>>
A year ago I did a Rohan cosplay and made my crown out of craft foam, the final product looked okay, but I'd like to make another because it was cheap looking and fragile. Does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of material to make the crown out of that wouldn't look so cheap?
>>
>>9131287
I imagine it would make them greasy.
There is silicone spray for hair, just go use that.
>>
File: image.jpg (186KB, 950x950px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186KB, 950x950px
Hey /cgl/ newbie here. Was wondering if there is a difference in quality with all these different prices I see around for cosplay items? This hooded jacket for example goes anywhere from 40-80$, is it worth it to buy from the higher priced seller for better quality? I know it's asking a lot for a cosplay item but I would like to be able to wear the jacket on a regular basis and not just cosplaying.
>>
>>9131770
Chinese sellers steal images from each other all the time, though some sell the same items from the same manufacturers. Buying from these stores is a gamble no matter what price you pay. The only helpful thing is reviews and stores with 99% or higher reviews
>>
Does diluting dye to soften the color work? I have bright orange fabric and need a darker, more red orange color which has been hard to find. I'm wondering if using dilute red dye would get me close to the color I want.
>>
Looking for some help. I recently got some chicken wire to work with on a wing frame and I've been afraid that it might be too thin for it to actually hold itself to the frame. Basically i'm afraid it might collapse.

Can someone who has some idea help me evaluate? Sorry for bad quality cam btw.
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-06+at+07.26.51).jpg (144KB, 800x646px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-06+at+07.26.51).jpg
144KB, 800x646px
So I'm trying to make pic related.
Currently in the planning phase and am drawing out measurements and deciding on materials.
I can figure out how to make every part of this except for the big fucking tank and metal frame that holds it in place.
Can anybody offer any help here? I don't even know what I'd make the tank out of.
>>
>>9132164
Okay I had an idea
What if I buy a huge fucking block of styrofoam and carved it into the shape I need, smoothed it out, cover it in some sorta sealant or some other coating, and paint it chrome
Or should I use something that isn't styrofoam
>>
File: wing.jpg (114KB, 626x909px) Image search: [Google]
wing.jpg
114KB, 626x909px
>>9132089
It holds its shape pretty well, you just need to make sure that you twist the edges of the wire onto the frame well.

I don't have any decent pictures of them, but these were chicken wire on a either 9 or 12 gauge frame with some batting stitched over the top. They have some spring to them, but hold an arch that's about 5 inches without trouble..
>>
File: Sketch7093549.jpg (829KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Sketch7093549.jpg
829KB, 1280x960px
Whats the name of these fabrics? Or is there something close that has a similar look?
>>
Does anyone know what the best latex waist trainer is?
Not a corset, something without laces
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 80

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.