[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 28

File: chocolate print.jpg (41KB, 320x453px) Image search: [Google]
chocolate print.jpg
41KB, 320x453px
New chocolate print but pic is for ants edition?

Thoughts on it, gulls?
>>
old thread: >>9107961
>>
I want to love it, but something about the execution just feels really underwhelming.
>>
File: 1433781194264.gif (71KB, 50x42px) Image search: [Google]
1433781194264.gif
71KB, 50x42px
>>9116926
>>
File: maddashforchocolatestash.jpg (465KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
maddashforchocolatestash.jpg
465KB, 595x842px
>>9116926
I personally think it's really nice, but I'm not going to buy it.
Might regret my decision later, but I have shows to save for.
>>
>>9116954
it looks like a bunch of previous shit smashed together.
>>
>>9116421
Yeah the prices are high but it's the only way to get Krad. In China they only do group orders. The only other Western option was the "official" Etsy store run by some Chinese high schoolers studying abroad who spent all the order money on AP and scammed everyone.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 225x225px
I am so torn about it.
>>
>>9116926

Its okay, I'm sure people will coord it nicely. There are other chocolate dresses I like more though.
>>
>>9116957
The amount of braided cord is overkill. Use some fucking restraint, AP. Just the bodice and a bit near the hem would've looked so much better
>>
>>9116972
Looking at some other sweet prints im thinking they did try and tone it down a bit. I also kinda like it so i may be biased.
>>
>>9116926
GDI AP, you fucked it it up. I hate those dark lines.
>>
>>9116926
I like it but I only really go for mint chocolate prints, so...
>>
>>9116926
Come on OP, you couldn't even grab it from the AP website.
>>
>>9116957
How underwhelming.
>>
>>9116962
Oh, yikes. Were there any gulls apart of that? Did anyone manage to get their money back?
>>
>>9117014
>>9116957
I did call it for ants edition. I grabbed the first image I saw because I wanted opinions. I'll be less hasty next time.
>>
I don't know if this warrants it's own thread but I've always wondered... our community as a whole is fairly small and pretty much everyone I come in contact with denies using /cgl/ so it makes me wonder just how many of them are lying. I mean, come on, this board isn't like 5-10 of the same lolitas posting. Have you guys ever caught your friends using /cgl/ or have they caught you? Or are you just open about it? I personally don't care, I tell people I go here.
>>
>>9117034
I figured out a couple lolita's in my comm were on cgl because they posted in the coord help thread then showed up in it. I've only made mention once of spotting someone and it felt awkward as fuck so now I just take notes of who I spot and say nothing. None of them spread drama anyways.
>>
>>9117034
A lot of people in my comm are pretty open about going on cgl, even if only to take advantage of the guides and tutorials. There are probably some people in your comm coming on here, and if not that's their loss.
>>
>>9117034
I don't advertise, but I won't deny being a gull if someone asks or if it's relevant to conversation. /cgl/ is a great resource for news/tutorials/inspo and there's no shame in that.
>>
>>9117034
I know for sure at least 3 of them do since 1 posts her coords/gets posted, another gets vendetta posted, and the third is the vendetta-y
They don't say it out loud though

I mention using taobao threads. I've never posted anyone on the concrit/ita threads though (even if warranted based on their coords) because I'm not a dick, and none of them cause drama because my whole comm is 99% adults 19+ with most being in their mid-late twenties, as well as a few 30 year olds.
>>
>>9117034
Tfw voldie's in your comm...
>>
>>9117050
What's that like?
>>
>>9117053
We all know how infamous she is on here but we don't really mention it unless she does... and she mentions it a lot but it's always "I don't care what they say" or "Look at all my haters." Seems like she cares a lot about it. Other than that she's normal, pretty nice. I don't know her all that well.
>>
File: 1462913637453.jpg (36KB, 686x564px) Image search: [Google]
1462913637453.jpg
36KB, 686x564px
>tfw a Lolita saves a picture you drew of em

Gotta draw mo of em
>>
>>9117034
I've seen tons of people in my comm post their new buys here and on FB, plus they always talk about things recently talked about here (incl. cgl born memes). Some admit to looking at the taobao and sales threads here but really, I know they all lurk/post here. All the active ones at least. I know I've posted some pics that are clearly my content both here and on other social media so some of them have to know, but I don't really talk about about cgl or name it out loud.
>>
>>9116926
Like the jsk skirt cut and pleats. Color ways as expected, bet pink will be hard to match well.
Hate all the trim. Other cuts, hat and jacket, just nah.
>>
>>9117034
Mine openly talk about /cgl/, I don't bring it up anymore (only when I was ~16 edgelord) but can participate when they talk about stuff.
>>9117036
>mfw I post stuff in the coord thread and then wear it
I always worry someone will recognise me. I don't dress very well and often go against what anons here say, so it is embarrassing.
>>
>>9117058
Wish I wasn't too chickenshit to post in draw thread because I treasure personalized art. But my comm would shit a turnip.

Draw them all, anon. It's a really cool thing.
>>
I just bought from Wunderwelt and somehow my Paypal address has the wrong zip code (it is my current address but old zip code somehow). When I sent them my address and what I had bought, I included the correct address.
Should I tell them to use the one I sent them? Or will they ban me? From what I understand dealing with some of the brands/sellers is very unpleasant.

I am worried my package will get lost.
>>
>>9117034
Closer friends in my comm know and a few go on but it seems none of us post recognizably, which I'm kind of glad for. I'd never ever post anyone here because I don't want to put the drama spotlight on our comm no matter who is posted.

But yeah, it also makes sense to keep an eye out here for shit like 'R€turn o£ of £r@nc!$ and I've learned quite a lot here, it's true.
>>
>>9117034
Me and 3 other friends use it, and I know there's a few others in the comm who use it as well either because we talked about it openly, or I've been able to figure out it was them posting (mostly just seeing people in the BST). But yeah one time we were at a dinner after the main part of the meet got done and a bunch of us openly talked about cgl or other topics relating to 4chan or weird internet shit (like CWC). None of us are like "So I was on cgl the other day!" out in the open in the comm, but if we know another person is on cgl we'll talk about it.

>>9116926
Sent an ss request to get a beret, but now I'm wondering if I should get a JSK too...anyone have any idea what the measurements are?
>>
>>9117065
I mean I wouldn't worry about it. I only recogize them because they either a) wear exactly what the posted or b) wear exactly what the anons suggested. If you don't do that you probably won't get spotted. Even if you did odds are they're not going to say anything.
>>
>>9117069
Wunderwelt and closetchild are definitely not like the big brands (namely, baby) and are pretty accustomed by now to working with foreigners. WW especially seems pretty chill - when you message them just apologize a LOT and say that paypal had an error and you need to change your zip code, then type out the address again with correct zip code.

I would definitely correct it since zip codes are how the postal systems sort things I think, over the address at least - it might not get totally lost but what I can imagine happening is that it would get sent to the wrong place first, and may or may not get caught in a loop.
>>
>>9117069
I've bought from Wunderwelt many times, mostly from their Lacemarket page. They're probably my favorite seller and have always been very friendly and accommodating. I even got a partial refund from a damage that wasn't described but was pictured.

I defiantly recommend messaging to confirm.
>>
>>9117065
>I always worry someone will recognize me.
Same. I feel like I can't even participate in this conversation because someone in my comm might see it.
>>
>>9117083
Hey do you think it was good that they actually listened to people on here?
We seem to have an on going debate lately with rather or not it's actually good to take advice from an anonymous image board.
>>
>>9117116
Good lolita is good lolita and other than just trolling, I've never seen anyone actually give bad Lolita coording advice seriously and not get called out on it. Obviously take advice here with common sense and a big grain of you know what.
>>
>>9116957
lil penis dress
>>
>>9117125
>>9117127
is why I'm always skeptical. And I don't just mean with coording. We can expand this discussion beyond that.
>>
>>9117113
My thing is, I always wonder how many times I've accidentally gotten into an argument/debate/disagreement with someone I know on here. I'm sure it's had to have happened at least once, or I've given them bitchy advice in a coord help thread and never realized who was posting.

>>9117116
I know someone will disagree with this, but considering the amount of people on here who literally are newbies or recent lolitas just trying to show flex their muscles mixed in with people who know what they're doing....I'd say it can be both good and bad. Good because if you're looking for basic advice I think it's fine and I've definitely gotten some solid help and advice when I was new but sometimes I feel like you can get so confused sometimes because everyone's opinions are different and honestly some gulls are really salty and high strung for no goddamned reason. I think if you want a coord that will definitely look just nice or "safe" the advice here is pretty solid, but if you're trying to do something OTT or creative...I mean, you either gotta say fuck it or don't do it at all, the advice for those types of coord on here is sort of not super great unless it's something you've already done and are getting post-worn concrit.
>>
>>9117116
From what I've seen it's pretty much what >>9117131 said. The advice they got was good and the coords looked nice but they were all advice for nice and safe coords.

OTT and creative coords are very polarizing subjects and I think that's when cgl starts to become a bit dubious in it's reliability. I mean, several anons shit themselves over one girl's tank top and another girl's legwear in the COF thread.

So in short, yes it's good for basics. Take it with a grain of salt if you actually want to do something different beyond the safe coord.
>>
>>9117095
>>9117084
Thanks. I emailed and got a very quick response. They are going to ship out my package later today, I am excited and impressed with how quick it is.
>>
>>9116957
I love this, it makes me want to do some sort of vaguely cowgirl-themed coord. Sadly, chocolate and cowgirl as themes don't mesh well. :1
>>
>>9117131
Yikes, I just realized how horribly written this response was. This is what I get for trying to browse cgl very tired in the middle of the night.

>>9117137
Yeah, they definitely are polarizing - I find that people either totally love them or absolutely hate them and I think OTT and creative coords are also a bit hard to visualize properly in coord charts/collages. On top of that I think really specific type of people are often giving advice in coord help threads (again, a lot of "safe" advice is given) so it's hard to get advice for those that doesn't end up being how to tone the coord down. Like I said sometimes I think with those types of coords, you just have to go through with it (if that's what you want) and take the heat later if really does look like shit, gracefully accept the concrit and move on.

Seagulls like to be dramatic so honestly half the time, even if I do agree with something, some people are way too high-strung in their concrit. XYZ might look shitty but it's not the end of the world. I ain't the one that looks shitty so I try not to get that mad for very long over coords I think are shit.

I suppose the best advice in general when browsing cgl is, if you're the type of person who really really cares what other people think about you or are sensitive to blunt and/or rude things, it might not be the best place to look to for advice.
>>
>>9117034
My comm members post pretty regularly on CGL. I see them in make up threads (eyebrows tend to be very recognisable. I don't know why) , coord and draw threads all the time
>>
>>9117058
I saw one from the draw thread on IG, I thought it was p cool.
>>
>>9117034
People are pretty open about lurking in my comm, not sure about posting. Some girls actively avoid coming here but for the most part it's common to talk about threads we see. Otherwise what are we going to do, wait until the good shit gets to Rufflechat?
>>
>>9116926
2 years since the last one and this is what they come up with?
>>
>>9117034
I saw a former friend of mine posting in the buy sell thread. She was always the one who advised me to not visit this place because it's oh so toxic and full of negative people and that she personally doesn't post here. I couldn't care less if someone comes here or not, I just hate the hypocrisy of some people who are lying about it.
>>
>>9117129
Why do you hate fun?
>>
File: 447138-5023-2015-08-25100491.jpg (81KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
447138-5023-2015-08-25100491.jpg
81KB, 600x800px
what do you do when you don't know if you still want your dreamdress? I have the money for my all time dreamdress (elizabeth OP in redxwhite), but I'm starting to wonder if I really should buy it. with the money I can buy a lot more wearable dresses plus secondhand it barely goes above retail (lacemarket that is). what would you gulls do in this case?
>>
File: metatempsdefeel.jpg (38KB, 643x425px) Image search: [Google]
metatempsdefeel.jpg
38KB, 643x425px
>>9117235
Do what makes you happy. It might take you a long time to save up the money again (or not, I'm just guessing) but on the other hand if you aren't positive that you love the dress, it probably isn't even a "dream dress" anymore. I would think about it for a couple days and then decide. Just be happy mane.
>>
>>9117241
thanks anon, will do.
>>
>>9117244
I never have worn my favourite dress outside, but just seeing it in my closet brings me joy.
>>
>>9117235
Everyone is different but if you are having second thoughts, there is a reason.
I only started chasing dream/goal dresses once my closet was established with my basics. So now I have a few I'm still hunting and I buy what I like of what comes out but I've gotten a lot pickier. I go to several pretty fancy events a year where I can go all out though so I wear my ott dresses and coords. My comm is not that casual so I buy fancier dresses overall. It suits me and my style.

So ask yourself questions like that. No sense buying something that will sit in your closet if you need not one but a few more dresses. How happy will it make you vs getting other things instead? If you buy a dress like Elizabeth and have nowhere to really wear it, that would also suck. Do you have the other items you need to make several coords with it or would that also require more spending too? If you have to buy more for it, will those items coord well with other things in your closet? Are your hair and makeup up to par for it? Etc.
>>
>>9116962
Overpaying Clobba for a TaoBao shop dress. Ok.jpg
Summer 2016 has just broken a new high stupidity record.
>>
>>9117034
someone from my comm knows I go on here and likewise with her, I don't really know her very well but I don't think either of us start drama. I'm just worried that if drama does go down I'd be pegged for it as she's more well known than me.
>>
>>9117057
Should have seen her in this week's BTB comments trying to prove how #notbothered she was. Is she really BFFs with Kate and Cadney like she said? Seems strange.
>>
File: choco.png (577KB, 502x673px) Image search: [Google]
choco.png
577KB, 502x673px
Time to buy some more chocolate fabric to ride the hype train!
>>
>>9117284
Did you not read where I said there's no other way to get it unless you know someone who's doing a group order in China?
Or if you know another way, please enlighten us all
>>
>>9116972
Yeah, I would've dropped $$ on this but that braid/cord thing is killing me.
>>
>>9117399
I don't know, because taobao stuff is just not my jam. I think those kinds of dresses are barely worth the taobao price after seeing a few in real life so I think people are dumb to pay even more through Clobba for them. Chinese Lolita brands really aren't even all that great to begin with I M O. I think I've liked maybe two taobao dresses but not enough to actually bother with much less over-pay for them.
>>
>>9117363
Of course she know as long as she replies and fusses about it, the more she will be talked about but I think she likes that and doesn't care if it is good or bad as long as someone is paying attention to her. It's a bit pathetic.
>>
>>9116957
I feel the same, it's not something good enough to divert my savings from event funds. Maybe if my closet was smaller. The jsk is a really good solid basic chocolate main piece to build lots of coords with but I've gotten more selective now that my Lolita wardrobe is bigger so it's a pass for me because I like more stand-out pieces now that I have a lot of my basics covered.
>>
>>9116926
Silly question maybe but how can it be both melty and whipped when all I really see is the rectangle chocolate bar print, and the trim maybe resembling piped chocolate? Nothing even resembling anything melted, or whipped? Am I just missing something here?
>>
>>9117422
The part where brands use a random name generator for all their releases
>>
>>9117422
If you look carefully at the JSK and OP, there is a row of whipped choolate right above the braid near the hem. It's not great but it's the best I've got so far.
>>
>>9116926
Should have rereleased Melty Ribbon. The braids around it is awkward. I don't hate it, just think that it's too much
>>
>>9116957
I want a MRC rerelease sooo bad! This could be nice if they got rid of like 80 % of the trimmings, but right now it just seems like they want to make cowboy lolita happen. Also, the buttons on the skirt portion are kinda weird..?
>>
File: mwc.jpg (75KB, 399x450px) Image search: [Google]
mwc.jpg
75KB, 399x450px
>>9117422
Usually AP names their series after whatever is in the print, in this case it seems to include both whipped cream and melting motifs.
>>
>>9117428
I'm not seeing that, hm. Maybe the trim is melted piped chocolate though?

>>9117423
I have my suspicions this really is true at times. I picture a staff meeting around a table littered with fabric samples, boxes of donuts, many milkshakes and lace trim books with crazy sugared-up Japanese people shouting out random words with one OL dutifully recording them to be mixed and matched later as the print names.
>>
>>9117435
Aha, it is clear now, thank you anon.
>>
How much time do you give a buyer to respond when she says that there was is something wrong?

I responded to her with a solution last Sunday and still have yet heard back from her. I don't know if I still need to be stressing or if I should just let it go
>>
>>9117444
Did they leave you feedback yet? Can you send them a short follow up note asking them to, saying you are winding up your monthly sales record or such? That will either push them to finish up and leave you a positive feedback or bring it up again if there is still an issue.
>>
>>9117440
They have a bunch of boxes with motifs. For each release, they first pic the motif (i.e- Swans. Bears. Chocolate. Etc.).

Then they have several more boxes associated with that motif with an assortment of parts of speech (adjectives, superlatives, nouns) and just pick three at random

Swans-> Milky Castle Swan
Bears-> Royal Cinnamon Bear
Chocolate-> Melty Choco Dream

and etc.
>>
>>9117490
Tfw you would buy Royal Cinnamon Bear
>>
>>9117034
I'm sure the majority of my comm is on cgl, the worst is when they try too hard to deny it. We have one girl who even said that people who use cgl should be killed and I see her post here all the time.
>>
>>9117363
I mean, Kate lives in Pennsylvania in the US and we're in Canada so I can't imagine they're best friends.
>>
>>9117496
Oh shit I think you're in my comm cause I got warned about that girl - I still don't know who she is though.
>>
>>9117490
How'd they end up with Checkmate
>>
>>9117493
>>9117490
Make Royal Cinnamon Bear happen, AP.
>>
>>9117516

They drew Chess Chocolate and had to come up with a new name, is all.
>>
>>9117226
I'm curious as to where you're getting that from? I don't know about you but I find zero fun in being dressed badly.
>>
>>9117221
You don't know for sure that she was posting in other threads - if I only used the bst thread and nothing else, I wouldn't exactly count that as using cgl. You can barely tell what cgl is actually like from those threads.
>>
Same as every AP release. You all hate on it here hoping that people will re-sell it for less after they impulse buy it. It's classic and chocolate, don't lie to me that you don't want it.
>>
>>9117511
Kate visits Toronto from time to time to visit Cadney.

The Toronto Comm is having all the fun these days with Voldie, Cadney, Lor, and lovely brolitas. I'm not surprised to see drama leaking out like a tiny hole in a menstrual cup.
>>
>>9117519
I want to help you with this but I'm too afraid of another Charlotte's bear happening..
>>
>>9117526
Whoooa there - I'm not like other anons, I don't bend over for classic like the lame vintage skanks do.
>>
what's the best way to get a hold of Tokyo Alice? They confirmed an order for me but no PayPal invoice yet. I emailed both the info and info2 emails but they still haven't given me my paypal invoice and I'm running out of time.
>>
>>9117527
>lovely brolitas
what
>>
File: image.jpg (171KB, 683x766px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171KB, 683x766px
When someone wears a salopette and utterly shits it up.

What do you gulls think about salopettes ? Can they ever be worn and look classy?
>>
>>9117549
I thought this was a blue-haired PT.
>>
Does Meta immediately take your cash when you order or do they take a bit to invoice you like IW does?
>>
>>9117516
Maybe they pulled chess too many times and just decided to start a new category/motif.

Milky checkmate dream, coming to you fall 2017
>>
What is chibitenshi's usual shipping time? I've used her before and she sent my package out the next day after she received my item. This time i got quite a few items and it took a couple weeks for all of them to arrive with her. Now it's been a few days since I paid and she hasn't sent me a confirmation for shipping yet. I am only worried because I need the items in a couple weeks and I wasn't expecting everything to take so long to arrive to her.
>>
>>9117549
They only look good on really petite girls. Short, thin, flat. Unfortunately, fatter girls think that because they "fit" in the bust, it's okay to hike the garment up and walk around like a giant toddler. Tall and even average height girls have similar problems with just too much leg even if they are thin.
>>
>>9117566
Pretty much anyone looks like a "toddler" in sweet print salos. So, better rip that band aid off now, my sweet.
>>
>>9117549
I think they're kinda ugly.
>>
>>9117570
I contemplated saying "even more of a giant toddler", but I figured it was implied. You can wear some sweet salos in ways that make them look almost otome or normie, but the colorway and details have to be right.
>>
>>9117496
Maybe she's secretly trying to tell you guys she's suicidal. Next time she says something like that ask her "honey r u okay?"
>>
>>9117549
I'm sometimes tempted to buy one and try wearing it with a blazer-type jacket to cover the awkward top and thermal tights so I can have a cute casual winter outfit. Don't know how that would actually work out in practice, though. And if the top's going to be covered anyway you might as well buy a skirt.
>>
>>9117559
She only ships out 1-2x per week and it depends if she is busy how fast she will ship, usually a week after everything arrives to her. Then 4-5 days via EMS to arrive. Did you ask for rush shipping in your SS form? She says that's the time to ask. In busy times I've had it take longer but that was during holiday releases.
>>
>>9117412
diff anon, but you don't know much about taobao, and are therefore not contributing anything helpful.

there are a good number of quality Chinese indie brands that use taobao to host their online store. Krad Lanrete is one of them. they release a new series maybe 4 times a year and the quality is incredible. I'm bummed out that clobba is overcharging people, especially since KL is already on the pricier end of the indie spectrum.
>>
>>9117549
Never 'classy'. Face it anon, they are basically a form of giant baby overalls. Always dead casual and rarely even look decent on anyone but small young teen Asian girls.
>>
>>9117556
Plot twist, the chess set is now black and silver on medium jewel tones and bolder pastels so all of our chocolate and gold accessories are hereby rendered useless.
>>
>>9117555
Usually you pay upfront since they use a cart system. If you're making a reservation or checking an out-of-stock item they invoice you when it comes in.
>>
>>9117067
>my comm would shit a turnip.
how would they know, unless they were also on /cgl/?
>>
>>9117615
"so my friend's friend saw you on that awful site cee-gee-elle the other day"
>>
>>9117615
Oh a lot of them are here but it's a pretty firm unspoken rule that we not post openly because of the drama potential.
>>
>>9117615
Voodoo magic? I'm not who you're replying to, but my comm is probably very similar. Nobody would ever admit to lurking (let alone posting) here yet somehow everyone always knows what's going on. When the shitposting gets too bad the mods step in under their own names, but of course they were always tipped off by some mysterious ~other~ and would never come here otherwise.
>>
>>9117549
She's not a great example for them, or much else, worn to its maximum potential.
>>
>>9117412
>I don't know
:^) but please tell us more about how summer it is around here when you don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>9117622
No it would be more like 'anon, we have someone monitor cgl just in case of news or drama, of course never to post and they noticed your (eyebrow, dd list, wtb, draw thread pix) so I was wondering why you are on there, it's not something we promote for comm members to do, you know.'
>>
>>9117515
Well I'm pretty sure someone just called her out by name in the Closet of Frills thread so there you go.
>>
>>9117549
I really like them in fairy kei, but pretty much nothing else
>>
>>9117596
I filed the request about a month and a half ago, so at the time I didn't ask for rush shipping because I didn't think it would be necessary. I wasn't expecting my items to take 20 days to arrive with her though. I'm glad to know that EMS is so fast, so even if it's another week on her end to ship I should be fine. Cutting it close, but fine. I must have just gotten lucky on the next day shipping last time. Thanks anon!
>>
>>9117815
Yeah I saw that, it all got deleted tho cause I'm pretty sure most people in the CoF threads are newbies who didn't bother reading the sticky.
Speaking of, does anyone else remember the single minute of when a CoF thread wasn't a complete shitshow?
>>
>>9118124
yeah, but it was back in May (if ya get my drift)

I'm pretty bummed out about how impossible it's been to maintain regular dumps, or at least helpful/relevant commentary.

I also can't believe some troll showed up with shit bait about how women exist to please men and successfully rustled jimmies instead of getting shut down and ignored. I'm just giving up on CoF threads for now
>>
>>9118157
Don't get me started on legwear anon...
>>
>>9118157
>but it was back in May (if ya get my drift)
Topkek, I know exactly what you mean
>>
>>9116926
It would be nicer if the OP actually was a coat.
>>
I keep seeing people giving shit advice and advising against good ideas, girls who don't own any dresses acting like they're experts, and itas talking shit about spending any money on coords and it's really depressing me.
They're just so bitter and defensive that they have to trash talk nice, pretty things at every opportunity. It's seriously draining. I wish we could purge all these downer uggos out of the community.
>>
>>9118249
Go to the feels thread and whine about it there. Don't shit up the Lolita general.
>>
File: ccfeet.jpg (261KB, 1200x779px) Image search: [Google]
ccfeet.jpg
261KB, 1200x779px
just found out about this Brazilian lolita shoe designer called cotton candy feet. anyone have firsthand exp with their shoes?
I've got big feet and, if their stuff is good, I might save a ton of time and money ordering from them instead of custom house or antaina.
>>
File: 1434319873292.jpg (289KB, 786x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1434319873292.jpg
289KB, 786x1920px
>>9117549
They can definitely be worn by non-asian girls, but you have to have the legs to pull the look off.
>>
File: 1399699100179.jpg (276KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1399699100179.jpg
276KB, 500x750px
>>9118282
Also found a classier coordinate
>>
>>9117549
I enjoy them anon. You just have to have the right build for them though or they can be really unflattering...
>>
>>9118274
I like their glitter shoes, but I refuse to buy anything from brazil.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 335x474px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 335x474px
>>9117549
Phew years back I bought pic related as my frist brand peace. I honestly still love it. It can hold a little puff, just enough to be Lolita. It fits me pretty well, however I'm 4"11 and it is even two inches above my knees. It's great for causal corrds.
>>
>>9118307
really? I'm curious, why?
>>
>>9118316
don't you watch the news anon?
>>
>>9117235
If you don't want it enough to buy it it's hardly a dream dress, is it?

I will say it's a difficult dress to want to wear out (as it's an elaborate outfit on its own and gets pretty warm so weather affects if you can wear it out or not). I personally feel like it's a special enough piece to keep and not wear that often, just from a collector's viewpoint.
>>
>>9117034
Some people in my comm are anti-cgl to the point that they look down on / judge people that lurk. I'm pretty new to the comm and don't openly discuss that I visit / post here. Wouldn't lie about it if asked, however.
>>
>>9118249
You gotta realize this place is anon and regardless of how many people will try to play the mindfuck game with you, they don't know who is posting either unless they can provide proof. Hence the whole "pics or it didn't happen" meme.
Don't worry about anonymous strangers on the internet, most people are coming here to vent at others with the trolls trolling trolls mentality because it's so accepted here.

If you want to still browse the site, I'd recommend /ck/ as they are a really chill board and they're pretty funny. That way you don't have to leave but can also get a nice break from the broken record that is /cgl/.
>>
>>9117034
Gonna piggyback on this and ask a hypothetical:

If someone you knew got posted to say, a shitty summertime CoF thread and you knew that they were definitely well dressed with only a few nitpicks, would you say something and just deal with all the "hi ___! /whitknighting" comments?
or do you pull out the popcorn and just let it happen?
Obviously defending someone is no-no here and tends to quote "make it worse", but would you feel bad about it later? Would you tell them?

I know I've definitely seen perfectly fine coords getting ripped to shreads here for no reason other than "no shut up you're just whitknighting and I want to shit on this person".
And yeah I know gulls do give good advice and everything should be taken with a grain of salt but at the same time why is okay to just dismiss shit and then have a bunch of people outing anons and posting serious vendetta shit under the guise "no, you just can't handle how rough we play"

The rule about it seems to do nothing to stop people and that shit is still in the archive.
>Inb4 that's what you get for posting on the internet
Alright well get to posting cause you have a lot of people to alarm.
>>
>>9118381
If they can take it I'd say something. I've been posted before and it was actually entertaining to watch girls nitpick and work themselves into an argument. It's not a big deal, just what happens when you share stuff online.
>>
>>9118381

If you haven't picked up on it, in other threads a few anons have mentioned the current rash of nonsensical nitpicking being done by summerfag children with not enough homework and not enough imagination to find better ways to pass time than shit up threads on cgl.

So I'd say treat any nitpicking or tearing down you see within the past few months, and probably the next few months as well, as shitposting or trolling. Some anons have said they're going to stay away from the cof and draw threads in the next few months as well, so even the good advice layered in salt that you're looking for is gone as well.

I just don't see any point in telling your friend that trolls found her photo online and trolling with it, since she can't even get advice from experienced lolitas anymore as they're no longer posting in those threads, and even less point engaging with the trolls and keeping them entertained. If it manages to blow up and become some kind of epic storm by itself you might link her for the entertainment value, I guess. Otherwise what's the point.
>>
>>9117490
I was at a meet with a game like that. The organiser had two bags, one with nouns and one with descriptions, and each person needed to create a design for that theme on a printed design model. Some of the memorable prints were
>Retro Chocolate
>Sparkle Vampire
>My Sweet Dolly
>>
>>9117526
> Classic

Yeah, no. Please leave and so some research.
>>
>>9117526
It's sweet, you sack of meat.
>>
>>9118445
>>9118455
Silly anons, it's brown and not covered in ponies! Of course it's classic!
>>
Sorry for the newbie question but I never used fromjapan before, how can I mark down the value of my package? Is it even possible?
>>
>>9117526
What part of "Melty Whip Chocolate" isn't in-your-face sweet, summer child?
>>
>>9118381
I wouldn't defend them or notify them. If they wanted to know, they would follow cgl and it really does bother some people to be posted here and get bad comments so they avoide looking.

As for defending, same. They aren't on here looking so don't care and probably would like it to blow over sooner and we all know that any comments at all just keep it going longer. Trolls and vendetta-chans give up far faster with no replies to keep fueling them.
>>
>>9117034
There is also a fairly big population of people here who post about lolita but do not actually even wear it in real life, don't forget those.
>>
>>9118534
Man this is exactly why I wish people weren't so dead set on "no, you HAVE to take our advice" memes, because I think it's fairly obvious that some people posting are trolling and/or don't wear the fashion. Like this stupid give into the trolling mentality is stupid as fuck and I can't believe even people on 4chan go for it. Like other boards don't fall for this shit this easily.
>>
>>9117422
>whip
Great, now I have that mental image of a sweet-ero domina and a chocolate-covered sub stuck in my brain... bleargh.
>>
>>9117589
People buy salos because they are cheaper than OP or JSK cuts and they are too fat to fit the skirt. They rarely look good no matter how they are styled and they are always considered the most casual of the cuts. I've seen a very few skinny teen western girls wear them for fairy-kei but for lolita they usually don't look very good and are too casual for anything but maybe a summer picnic.
>>
>>9117549
I'm so tempted to get a salopette but I've bought 2 in the past and sold them because my chest is too large / I'm too fat. It hurts, because they're really cute and I like them a lot...oh well...
>>
>>9118522
Until >>9117396 was posted, I couldn't see the design on the dresses well enough, it pixelated when I enlarged the other 2 photos because they are low resolution. Problem?
>>
>>9118554
They never look right on busty girls regardless of weight. Choose something that will make you look good anon, there are so many other cute cuts that are far more flattering.
>>
>>9118516
They say how on their site. Plus it's obvious. So fucking lazy.
>>
>>9118557
It's still obviously super sweet. Plus when does AP release anything not sweet? Newfag.
>>
>>9118456
>>9118455
>>9118445
I think anon ment that it's a classic motif in sweet. Not that the dress is classical lolita. Like how crosses are classical gothic prints etc.
>>
>>9118563
I'm not the one saying it is classic. You are mixing up responses right and left. Timetostopposting.jpg
>>
File: clusterfuck.jpg (352KB, 750x915px) Image search: [Google]
clusterfuck.jpg
352KB, 750x915px
I just came across this. It's like someone vomited all of their favourite motifs onto this dress. It's so tacky, and yet...I actually want it.
>>
>>9118602
At least you get a lot of prints for your money.
>>
>>9118602
Shame on you, anon. This is a mess.
Hallucinogenic Baroque Clusterfuck.
>>
Is there somewhere I can ask specifics about a certain Lolita/cosplayer? Without them being big enough to be on the farm?

Specifically, I heard that one of the models at Urban fairytale came from the US just to model. There was also talk of her being sponsored from baby/a shop but a Instagram post made her seem like she was given a dress to wear from AP to the event.....
>>
>>9118608
Nice and honest dress name; have you ever considered working for AP?
>>
>>9118560
Yeah, I know, that's why I get the JSKs/OPs...
>>
>>9118602
Well...
(Tries to think of something constructive to say)
You wouldn't need many accessories?
>>
>>9118612
They can't handle this kind of truth-saying.
Chocolate Slobber Cake
Another Cartoon Pony
Starry Cross Mess
Nursery Date with Daddy
Berry Marshmallow Feeder Dream

I really don't like food prints, can you tell?
>>
>>9118652
But like, I have a bunch of accessories to go with it. Crucifixes, portrait brooches I make myself, a pocketwatch, a burgundy book purse, and I just ordered some berry and flower items to tie into braids from an etsy anon.
>>
>>9118654
Oh that's right, OTT is still in. Don't forget a scepter, long droopy veil and to clip some crap onto your shoes. Also fever cheeks and big shiny lashes.
Perfect.
>>
>>9118656
I want to be the OTTest mess that ever was. That clusterfuck is the way to go. If I ever feel like dropping an extra hundo for a joke, I'll get it.
>>
>>9118653
Yes; please do carry on.
>>
>>9118654
You forgot the strawberries dear! And apples, or are those cherries - you know what, just wear a comprehensive fruit basket hat and be done.
>>
>>9118656
Don't forget gold shoes, round lenseless glasses, and a thrift-store peignoir.
>>
Does anyone know where to get cute roomwear and sleepwear for gothic lolita's? No taobao pls
>>
>>9118589
Time to stop defending people thinking it's classic, rather
>>
>>9118716
One person mistakenly referred to it as classic. No one else thinks it is. Are you also the leg wear police? Be reasonable, it's too hot to argue.
>>
File: tumblr_o7ac46747y1sq3r07o1_1280.jpg (707KB, 1280x1919px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7ac46747y1sq3r07o1_1280.jpg
707KB, 1280x1919px
>>9118522
Chocolate dresses have always been borderline classic.
>>
>>9118739
>>9118731
How about we stop obsessing over substyles like they're some kind of cut and dry thing? A lot of it is about perception. There's no magic way to define things as one or the other except for the perception of the wearer.
>>
File: thats it.png (333KB, 1072x949px) Image search: [Google]
thats it.png
333KB, 1072x949px
slightly off topic but whatever, anyways. should i really buy all of this? i have the money but i feel like i'm doing something dirty, spending all this money.
>>
>>9118773
As long as you can afford it, why not? I don't think the pink shoes and bonnet look that great for the pink JSK but that's just my taste.
>>
>>9118775
>I don't think the pink shoes and bonnet look that great for the pink JSK but that's just my taste.
good advice, thanks. i was thinking the same thing but i was like "eh"
>>
>>9118672
The only places I knew were taobao or aliexpress so good luck unless you want to make it yourself. In that case check the archives. There's patterns.
>>
>>9118672
Depending on what you would like to spend, VM also has a few roomwear dresses: http://www.victorianmaiden.com/shopping/dress.html
>>
>>9118773
It looks like you just put a bunch of stuff in the cart just to brag "how much I can afford!!!".
>>
>>9118777
Also now that I look closer, pink blouse and pink jsk may not be a good match, does the blouse come in white? A better choice.
>>
>>9118813
Not her but meh, who cares, I like to see hauls and see what people choose, we aren't all jelly poorfags. Even if she's just pretend-shopping, so what?
Nofunallowed.jpg
>>
>>9118813
Well *somebody* needs to keep AP USA afloat.
>>
>>9118813
Who cares. Like that's something new in lolita. Actually, I'd love a good lolita brag thread like the old LJ comm got_lolita. I guess the mail thread sort of doesn't hat but it has jfashion/weeb and cosplay stuff in between.
>>
>>9118830
kek
>>
>>9118813
no, not really. i hate to brag
>>
>>9118820
sadly, no. the blouse does not come in white
>>
>>9118866
Ah well, even if it does not match this pink jsk, it will go with the sax dress and some other things. It's a very nice blouse for lots of reasons, very pretty. I wish I could fit brand shoes, I love the sax tea party shoes so much.
>>
>>9118563
>When does AP release anything not sweet
>Celestial, Horror Garden, Castle Mirage, to name a few
>Being this stupid
>>
>>9118871
i wish AP would make larger sized shoes!
>>
>>9118788
Thanks but I'm not about making things myself. I thought some Japanese brands would have it. I vaguely remember a wunderwelt blog post about sleepwear.

>>9118807
I despise VM but I never thought to check out normie brands so thanks.
>>
>>9118807
Oops I didn't look at the link before replying and I thought for some reason you meant normie brand VM that sells mostly sleepwear and lingerie.
>>
>>9118889
>thinking any of those aren't sweet
>being this stupid
>>
>>9118916
good luck with finding brand roomwear, I haven't seen any new roomwear releases since forever. your best bet is stalking the secondhand sites or commissioning something from a seamstress
>>
>>9118889
literally all of those are sweet. are you high?
>>
>>9118959
None of those are sweet. They have no sweet elements in them. You're just stupid or a troll.
>>
>>9118976
You're probably one of those eternal summer children who whine that AP's going classic every fall. The print themes and colors deviate from what you'd expect from sweet, but the cuts and embellishments are all pretty standard sweet fare.

You might be able to make an argument for Horror Garden's JSK cut, but that's about it.
>>
>>9118989
AP has gone much more classic than they used to, and Horror Garden is pretty clearly an attempt at gothic, it looks like they were trying to copy Moitie.

I don't think every recent release is too classic or whatever but there's definitely been a shift, and Celestial and Horror Garden are not sweet. I'd be willing to concede on Castle Mirage, especially the special set.
>>
I didn't see a Bodyline thread in the catalog so pardon me if this is off-topic because I didn't know where else to ask.
I ordered a dress from Bodyline yesterday with the fastest shipping (EMS) in hopes that it will arrive by next weekend.
I haven't gotten an email from them saying that they've shipped my item yet though. Am I out of luck? How fast is EMS usually? I live in the East Coast of the US if that helps
>>
>>9119003
I bet you think old school sweet is classic too, don't you?
>>
I have a dumb question, so forgive me anons. Is this headdress part of the Dolly Dot or Princess Cat series? I have seen it with both.

I really love it and can only afford just the headdress (as much as id love either of those dresses) so would it be better to buy it through SS or wait until its released in AP SF? Thanks!
>>
>>9119037
Proof of headdress being worn with both series.
>>
>>9119037
>>9119042
i'd hedge my bets on princess cat, seeing as it seems to have cat ears
>>
>>9119009
They only ship out one day a week regardless of which type of shipping you choose, on Tuesday or Wednesday, I think? 1-3 days from Bodyline to Narita. It's often held for a day or more at Narita as well. And EMS to US after it clears Japanese customs is 3-5 days if it clears US customs ok. Working days all, so add a day for any Sundays in between.
>>
>>9118916
>I despise VM
...Why?
>>
>>9119042
The bottom list of stuff being worn says "Princess Cat キャノティエ", and that's a word used for headwear.
>>
>>9119072
did you read their follow-up post?
>>
>>9118889
those all have sweet cuts, trim, and such. the motifs are not all sweet, so they could be considered hybrids, but they are structurally sweet.

"sweet" does not mean "positive" or "pastel" or whatever, it is more a combination of youthfulness (which tends to come from the shape of the dresses, the types of bows and trim) and even cartoonishness (a kind of exaggerated/cutesy emphasis on certain things). the substyles each have a different approach to the construction and design of garments, and motif (the "print") is not the deciding factor.

that said, i have seen things like Horror Garden styled in both sweet and gothic ways, but the dresses themselves are sweet. just a more versatile form of sweet due to the motifs. (i have also seen super-gothic Moitie styled in a classic coord, but the dresses in question remain gothic even if the coord is classic in style.)
>>
>>9118920
VM will always be Victorian Maiden for me.

As for nightwear - I'm currently going through the links given in http://fyeahlolita.blogspot.nl/2009/10/sweet-dreams-fancy-sleepwear-for.html - there are some nice items at http://www.victoriannightgowns.com/ and http://www.victoriantradingco.com/category/103109/robes-nightgowns
>>
>>9117527
spill that tea, deets please
>>
>>9119087
Well put. This is why I love the complexity of lolita fashion. I can often coordinate a darker colored sweet dress in a more classic or gothic way to 'grow it up' a little bit if it isn't one with baby toys or other obviously juvenile motifs. Yes the dress is still a sweet style dress but it changes enough to be interesting in a different way if it is not coordinated in a sweet way.
It's not something we discuss much but less traditional coordinates (that still follow the lolita rules but not necessarily the dress substyle) are popping up for a while now. That's an evolution I can get behind.
>>
>>9118249
>girls who don't own any dresses acting like they're experts
This. Everyone's an expert when it comes to nitpicking or advice, but when we have wardrobe posts a large number of girls have under 5 dresses.
>>
>>9118611
as long as you're not singling out anyone to make drama/talk shit. Plus, models are different then people from the community, whether you're talking shit or not. If someone says has a vendetta against misako it's kind of different than having a vendetta against some random comm member.
>>
>>9117363
Lol of course not. She is following the fame.
>>9117527
This is a bad attempt of trying to act like you have info. Kate hadn't travelled to Canada in a while. Not sure why brolitas matter but the only drama we have is we hate the way the comm is being ran.
>>
File: shoppingcart.png (970KB, 2263x1509px) Image search: [Google]
shoppingcart.png
970KB, 2263x1509px
>>9118828
>>9118833
>>9118862
It's only interesting if the person actually buys and owns the stuff. OP could just pretend to buy this cart. Like I can fill it with stuff and take a screen shot too! Look at me, I'm totally buying this!!
>>
>>9118773
the shape of those boots are kind of gross though.
how is this off topic though? you're bragging, but it's Lolita related. If you can buy it, why not? You might as well spend your money on stuff you're going to like. Either that or spend it on me, anon :^)
>>
>>9118889
nice baito
>>
You know how people reminisce about previous Lolita aesthetics like 2010 sweet, old school, etc?
Do you reckon 2015/2016 will be a period of time that people reminiscence about? I can't imagine anyone saying 'I miss the fact that there were tacky mantillas, peignoirs and skewer Madonna crowns'.
>>
>>9119254
Everyone was shitting on dessert hairpieces and over-accessorizing when they were popular and now all the sweet lolitas are creaming themselves over how much better sweet was back then. Give it five years and whatever everyone hates now will be what everyone wants back.
>>
>>9118653
We understand your autistic hate for food prints. Now, don't you have a floral print couch to blend into?
>>
>>9119264
this.

people romanticize the past, no matter how they felt at the time. screenshot your posts when you complain about a trend, print them and save them somewhere safe, then take them out of storage 5-10 years later and see what happens.
>>
>>9118920
>Victoria's Mecret
>>
>>9118813
I agree, the shoes are different sizes. One m. One s. Makes no sense.
>>
>>9119265
Sorry bbycakes, I'm gothic.
It was all in fun, don't get your berries in a bunch.

Prayer to Mana
Snooty Evil Queen's Disaproval
More Goff Than Thou
My Dress is a Church
Midnight is not a Print

See, it's just as fun regardless of the substyle
>>
>>9119299
breakup*
>>
I know price check threads are usually pretty slow, and didn't want to waste a thread by making one. How much is the latest misty sky (navy) release going for?
>>
>>9119299
Idk anon, have you ever had a bad breakup? Shit takes time. I still bitch about my ex on occasion and it's been 4+ years.
>>
>>9119317
You could search on LM which has dozens of recent misty sky listings.
Anyway the going rate seems about 400-450.
>>
>>9119042
I really want Dolly Dot.
>>
>>9118186
That would actually be perfect.
>>
>>9119297
I'm just having fun too.
>mfw I'd actually like to see a Prayer to Mana
>>
>>9119042
is that bow upside down?
>>
>>9118670
I want to know what you wear anon. I'm literally always curious anytime I see posts like this.
>>
>>9118773
Those bonnets rarely look good in person, anon. They flop all over the place like a limp dick. Brand shoes are also not worth the price.
>>
>>9119347
Man, I am kind of amazed at the amount of people that really want a very simplistic print. I swear /cgl/ is full of minimalists.
>>
>>9119411
I like a good print but everything in Lolita the last 6ish years has been all about prints which feel to be getting busier and busier. Dolly Dot is a bit understated without being boring and I love that about it.
>>
>>9119411
I fell out of love with prints after the Golden Age of 2011-2012. Solids with interesting details and embellishments need to come back.
>>
>>9119411
I wish it did not have the logo heart and arrow. I don't trust them to waste enough of the fabric to center this motif on the bodice of each dress.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na94Lp70bdc
Who dis?
>>
>>9119411
>I am kind of amazed at the amount of people that really want a very simplistic print.

It evokes feels towards Fantastic Dolly and Cinema Doll.
>>
>>9119411
Except when a minimal coord is posted it gets shit on as being too mediocre. Make up your minds gulls.
>>
>>9118516
After you get the shipping quote you can put in the value you want each item to appear as on the package.
>>
>>9119465
Swdpunk, she was quite well known on EGL years ago.
>>
>>9119509
Shit. Yeah she even had her own clothing line for a minute. There was a lot of drama around it though.
>>
>>9119512
deets?
>>
>>9119042
Anyone have any guesses on what the material is for dolly dot? It looks like a velvet printed chiffon to me.
>>
>>9119529
You mean flocked?
>>
>>9119529
Obviously it's flocky but the base fabric looks thicker than chiffon to me and with the side patch pockets, I think chiffon as a base fabric would be to flimsy to support them.
>>
>>9119521
i don't know the whole story but the drama seemed to culminate with her and her friend getting a loan for la Dauphine to go and do research in Japan... but they spent all the money on brand and got in a fight that basically ripped apart the pdx comm. and la dauphine died after getting some bad reviews on livejournal.
>>
>>9119465
>I used to get a lot of attention online and now I don't and I miss it :(
>>
File: salopette.jpg (77KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
salopette.jpg
77KB, 564x564px
>>9117549
I went to my Pinterest board to find pics to reply with ( lost all my photos on my phone) and literally the first thing on my dash is a board created by her.

Forgive the shitty photo collage I was just really excited to get this and threw it on without even brushing my hair, plus my white tights were in the laundry.

>>9117566
I'm short but I'm bordering on obese with 30Es. As long as you can't see all of your thighs you shouldn't look too fat, right?
>>
>>9119297
>My Dress is a Church
...Which Makes Me a Goddess

also i would buy the fuck out of a "My Dress is a Church" release
>>
>>9119529
flocked organdy or taffeta i'm guessing
>>
>>9119584
>Forgive the shitty photo collage I was just really excited to get this and threw it on without even brushing my hair, plus my white tights were in the laundry.

>I'm short but I'm bordering on obese with 30Es.
wait what?? I'm so confused, that's you in the picture right how do you have 30Es??
>>
Would this cut look horrible on someone who is busty and has hips? My measurements are actually under the max, but I do have a 102 cm bust, so I'm looking for some advice before I buy this.
>>
File: musee.jpg (82KB, 280x373px) Image search: [Google]
musee.jpg
82KB, 280x373px
>>9119720
dropped pic, sorry
>>
File: 3991991_CIMG0982_meitu_4.jpg (226KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
3991991_CIMG0982_meitu_4.jpg
226KB, 720x960px
>>9117549
You have to be thin, be flat/be able to minimize your bust, and be short anough that your thighs aren't showing too much. Otherwise, you look like an ageplayer or normie in a romper. It's also a good idea to wear tights or OTKs instead of ankle socks so you don't show too much leg skin.

The print matters a lot as well. If you don't look really young, you will always look like ageplay in pastel vomit prints/colors.

Personally, the only salopette I like so far is Loyal Rosette.

I like
>>
>>9119722
>>9119720

Make sure your petti is solid. If it deflates, you could look top heavy. Other than that, if you are under the max, I say go for it. Avoid ruffles on the chest portion of the blouse you wear as well.
>>
>>9119042
Any word on the release date yet?
also I see cinema doll next to princess cat there, but I can't make out the katakana????
>>
>>9119613
Nigga are you retarded? 30 is a small band size, that pic could very well be her. There's a massive difference between cups in 30 versus 34 and up bands
>>
>>9119465
oh man I was curious where she went. I had just looked at that GLB she was in.
I must have missed all that drama - I dont remember those going after her. but w/e
>>
>>9118286
Looks like a baby prostitute.
>>
>>9119820
she was heavily involved in the lolita_wank comm but I think she tried to clean up her image when she started her brand
>>
>>9119805
>bordering on obese
Explain.
>>
>>9117034
My comm is open about it. 2/3 of the mods are here regularly (myself and another, because I see her b/s/t posts and occasional selfposts), A lot of the members post.

We have a few people that aren't into it at all and some think it's an evil horrible place full of "bullies!!!". But I think most of us just see it as a lolita discussion forum that's anonymous, and nothing more.

I personally have no qualms with it, and I know that we are pretty chill and we don't attack others, but try to build them up and help them out.
>>
>>9119584
i'm >>9118554 , 5'3, 120, 32D and it wasn't a good look, anon. i wouldn't recommend it
>>
>>9119720
Yes. The bib front should sit fairly flat without too much boob bulge and the bottom half has a drop waist which will just make your hips look even bigger.
>>
>>9119265
Look at this butthurt little baby <3
>>
>>9119297
Would totally buy Prayer to Mana and My Dress is a Church.
>>
>>9116957
i'm bitter there is no bitter.
Is there any better/shop pics of this, i'm torn between colours
>>
>>9118889
I am so embarrassed for you.
>>
>>9118739
Are you retarded?
>>
>>9118757
It's not a cut and dry thing when it's about whether AP and their super sweet chocolate pieces are sweet or not.
>>
>>9119003
So much stupid.
>>
>>9119983

As someone with E cups and pear shape I've actually found drop waists to be much more flattering. Big boobs often eat up so much fabric vertically, normal waist dresses end up looking high waisted and high waisted dresses can end up being mid-bust waistline. Low waist dresses often have just enough fabric to emphasise some sort of actual waist, which slims you down, and then the size of your hips don't actually matter because you're supposed to be wearing a petticoat under the skirt anyway.

Can't comment on the bib front, though. I have this dress and it looks pretty good on me, but I'm a couple of inches under OP's bust size.
>>
File: summer.jpg (163KB, 600x397px) Image search: [Google]
summer.jpg
163KB, 600x397px
>>9120119
No
>>
Is anyone else really annoyed by Melikestea's waiting list?
I already suspected that I was getting lower on her waiting list but now I just looked again and I know that I actually have a higher number than before!
I'm already considering cancelling my order. It's been months and I'm just about 3 places higher than before.
>>
>>9120159
With the brand's growing popularity, I knew it was going to explode when I hopped on the waiting list. The pettis are really, really nice quality, and the owner will make you pretty much anything you describe. I'm really bummed I didn't commission a blouse with my order.

for the price and quality, it's worth the wait if you're a daily looking to add more staples to you wardrobe, but I understand that several months is a long time to wait.

There was no way she could have anticipated this many orders (especially the ones on the list that looked like bulk/group orders), but maybe it would have been better if she reduced the slots to like 15-20 a month?
>>
>>9119827
>Found the fatty who doesn't know why bmi and terms like obese are inaccurate

Being short is suffering when people try to apply objective standards made for much bigger, fatter people
>>
>>9120123
Drop waists that sit at the natural waist look weird when they are drop-waisted on everyone else. I've seen the problem you are referring to with waists sitting higher and it honestly always looks too small. Just because you can get something on doesn't mean it fits.
>>
>>9120159
I've been in need of petticoats, and really wanted to order from her because she has so many customization options/poof levels, but her waiting list has put me off. It looks like she's going to switch to a ready stock system soon but that has its own list of problems (bloodbaths, months between restocking).

It always amazes me how much of a pain getting petticoats is.
>>
>>9120325
Whoa there, this is the first time I've ever seen someone say bmi is inaccurate on this board.
Usually people rely on that scale to call others fat.
>>
>>9120354
If you have a 30+ BMI and you're not some kind of athlete, chances are you're fucking fat.
>>
>>9120151
>calls someone else summer
>says chocolate prints are classic

ironic
>>
>>9120360
So you think it's an accurate scale?
>>
>>9120380
NAYRT but I think frame size, height, weight and a few measurements can tell you pretty sccurately but honestly why not just lose a few if you are even borderline overweight? Everyone (with few exceptions) is healthier in their lower weight range.
>>
>>9120386
Keep in mind I was never talking about myself in any of these comments but curious as to why that girl referred to herself as obese - I've seen her self post before and she's quite muscle-y.
I was also surprised that someone said bmi was inaccurate because like I said, most people on this board still use bmi even though outside of here I don't know of anyone using it anymore but I only know psychologists that say it's inaccurate, I haven't asked an actual doctor.

And I agree with you, if you're just a few pounds over, just lose the weight.
>>
>>9120123
>>9120337
Do you maybe have a picture of someone chubby/busty wearing a similar cut dress for reference?
>>
>>9120193
What's a nice alternative for petticoats? I'm not willing to wait eons just for an okay price on some organdy petticoat.
>>
>>9118757
I just love how that anon thinks a cool brown means it's classic when it's literally AP dripping in chocolate. They don't call it "sweet" for nothing.
>>9116957
That's an OP and not a coat, correct? Also, no tights or OTKs? I'm not quit sure what they were thinking with this.
>>
File: 2996_original[1].jpg (44KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
2996_original[1].jpg
44KB, 250x333px
>>9118757
Sugary Carnival is gothic as fuck!!
>>
>>9120464
Just for that, I'll wear mine without a blouse to gothic night at the club, see what people's reaction is. :^)
>>
>>9120455
>I'm not quit sure what they were thinking with this.
Yeah, what the heck, I know seasons are different over there but isn't it still pretty hot in August?
>>
>>9120475
August is the hottest month in Tokyo
>>
>>9120474
You better wear some stockings with that at least
>>
>>9120123
>Big boobs often eat up so much fabric vertically
drawanons pls make this a comic
>>
>>9120483
I will absolutely not! Leg wear is so overrated for 2016, really.
>>
>>9120354
>this is the first time I've ever seen someone say bmi is inaccurate on this board.
not sure if this means you are new or if it means i spend too much time on this board. (because i have seen many others say that)
>>
>>9120490
It's accurate enough to give a fatty a reality check to put down the marshmallows fluff. Hell the full length mirror is fairly accurate if you aren't HAES-stricken. Look in it wearing a bikini. Look at a photo of women at different body fat percentages. Estimate. It's not really hard. If you really want to measure things, skin-fold calipers and a myotape are cheap on Amazon or with a trainer at any local gym.
>>
>>9120476
Let's release a coat!
>>
>>9120490
I don't post/lurk all threads but I think it was last year when a bunch of people were calling someone fat in a thread and were using nothing but BMI for reference. I've never seen someone before this saying it was inaccurate and they may have been saying it and I was scrolling past because I also don't read every single fat debate on /cgl/ as they're mostly the same topic that's been hammered into the ground.

I was gonna search BMI in the archives but it's down.

>>9120503
>>9120506
I'm not looking to debate the accuracy of it. I'm looking to debate whether or not it's accepted here, since I've only ever seen it said once that it's not accepted.
Sure you can use it but does that mean you should? Only if you agree with those standards I'd say and I think most of cgl does agree with the standards that using BMI will give you probably because you're more likely to fit brand if you try to keep your BMI low.
If you want to debate whether you should use BMI go to /fit/.
>>
>>9116926
Anyone have coord pics for Jewel Marine in this cut? Color doesn't really matter, although sax is preferred. I'm on the fence on getting it since it's on major sale right now.
>>
>>9120523
Its difficult to find a dress that fits bigger chested girls but i do agree they most often just want to fit the dresses without even going on a diet or restraining themselves at all. Im pudgy but i dont have fat folds or anything and im naturally more busty and muscley than most girls but even i know i have to thin down to fit into dresses and look proper. It doesnt matter what size you are if you look like shit in a dress.
>>
>>9120451
if you want an A line, I recommend malco modes. its even available on Amazon Prime.
>>
>>9120475
You do understand AP has been doing their fall releases and their other chocolate releases have had long coats?

Also, yes, I agree it actually wouldn't kill AP to have OTKs/tights to be released on time. Is there a reason those items keep being delayed?
>>
>>9120700
Because AP knows they can get away with it.
>>
From the new ap store in Paris, fucking why tho??
>>
>>9117554
same

>>9118249
You sound like a joy to spend time with. I like bitching on here too but you sound a little too mad.

>>9118274
Shades of Dear Lenore shoes...be careful anon. But if it works out please let us know, I've got big feet too.

>>9118381
Grow a pair. If you like the coord speak up, don't let the salt levels here get to you.

>>9118432
Sparkle Vampire needs to happen. But Meta needs to do it, AatP has gone to shit.

>>9118672
Check out sininlinen.com for your gothic bedding needs.

>>9119265
>>9119297
Tip kek.
>My Dress is a Church
Meta would do it. And they'd put the high altar right over the crotch.
>>
>>9117221
Maybe you shouldn't post about your former friend. They probably had their reasons for staying off of here, and b/s/t is more for utility than conversation. I bet she would be surprised to see you here, too.
>>
File: 738489230.png (157KB, 454x408px) Image search: [Google]
738489230.png
157KB, 454x408px
>>9120721
>>
>>9120721
for what purpose
>>
Just spend around $250 US
I got about 15 items, around half of which are brand (some of the brand is damaged though).
Should I feel bad?
>>
>>9120749
can you pay your bills?

are you free of debt?

do you support yourself, rather than rely on others?

if you answered "yes" to these questions, the answer to yours is "no."
>>
>>9120744
Fucking stickin my leggy out I guess?? Good lord.
>>
>>9120740
Newfag much
>>
>>9120763
>Fucking stickin my leggy out I guess??
gonna add this to the seagull CAH deck. just straight up, "Stickin' my leggy out."
>>
>>9120758
Yes, but I cut in to my emergency money (not savings) by about $80. I will regain it within a week or two but still feel ashamed.
>>
>>9120775
it is good you are responsible. just be careful, but don't feel bad, especially if this isn't a habit.
>>
>>9120767
I think it's "stick m'leggy out"
>>
>>9120831
thanks!
>>
>>9120765
Nah. Keep believing it if that makes you happy though.
>>
>>9120767
what?
>>
>>9120775
just don't make a habit out of it, anon.
>>
>>9120422
>chubby/busty

These are two different things, anon. Busty girls look good in drop waists. Chubby girls don't.

If what you have is a wide bust, wide waist and wide hips, then just say you're a fatty-chan and ask for fatty-chan advice. Advice for actually busty girls with small waists and large hips won't work for you. It's all anon here, so wading through the fatty hate to get to actual good advice is better than lying about your body and only getting bad advice.

>>9120337

But that's the whole point. Girls that have bigger busts (and normal/small waists) will end up pulling the waistline up. That's why dropped waistlines work better on busty girls. Of course it doesn't work if the person is just fat and not actually busty (with bigger cuper size), it's the vertical distance from the bust point to waistline that is longer than on flatter girls.
>>
>>9118957
There was a wunderwelt post about sleepwear/roomwear that talked about new stuff. As far as I remember it wasn't about sleepwear from lolita brands per se, but sleepwear that would be popular with lolita's. I can't find the post anymore either.
>>
>>9120721
This just looks like toilet cleaner. We have the same at our house, you let it sit in the bowl for a while before flushing
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.