[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kawaii Box

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 12

File: kawaii box.png (772KB, 1114x912px) Image search: [Google]
kawaii box.png
772KB, 1114x912px
Anyone here tried out the Kawaii Box? I've never done a monthly subscription thing before, but I really want to try this out, but I'm considering just splurging on the 1 year subscription...
Any thoughts?
http://www.kawaiibox.com/
>>
>>9113082
You'll get a box filled with cheap daiso trash for one year every month...I'm not sure if this is actually worth the money
>>
I feel like I could get 10x the amount of cute stuff for way less at aliexpress or something.
>>
File: 422125626_56029.jpg (61KB, 584x553px) Image search: [Google]
422125626_56029.jpg
61KB, 584x553px
Hmmm it seems food is included too and it's free shipping.. I'll keep this in mind.
>>
>>9117236
They specifically do a candy box too, if you only care about the food part. Not sure if they include non-candy food, though.
>>
>>9113082
This looks adorable but it's probably a scam like most of these subscription boxes.
>>
>>9113099
So you're okay with knock offs?
>>
>>9113082
I've subscribed to this. You basically get one candy, stationary, decors etc. each month. I think cutest thing were Pusheen and Alpacasso stuff I got.
Or you could just buy those things yourself. Stickers, pens, nail stuff and tiny plushes do not cost much.
>>
>>9113082
Have you looked at reviews? I was not impressed. I'd rather treat myself to 1-2 more expensive nicer things or use the money each month to splurge on a nice meal or go to the movies for the cost rather than recieve what I see in these boxes.
>>
File: PTDC0015.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
PTDC0015.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>9121501
Here again. I took a pic of some of the things you receive. As you can see they are quite cheap and easy to buy yourself if you want them.
>>
It's just a bunch of bootlegs. You'd probably save money just getting the stuff from aliexpress or taobao instead.
>>
>>9121354
>So you're okay with knock offs?
Not that anon but yes, everyone who buys this box is okay with knock offs, since half of the non-food stuff is China brand version.
If you're going to be condescending, pick something people actually care about.
>>
>>9113082
I tried it for a while. It's mainly junk and useless clutter.
>>
Polite sage for not entirely related but I don't understand the subscription box trend. Is there ever a time when you spend a whole month anticipating it and then open it up to find that you don't even want/like half the stuff in it?
>>
File: mf_pshnbx_0001.jpg (277KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mf_pshnbx_0001.jpg
277KB, 1600x1200px
Can't wait for the next Pusheen Box. My friends get a lot of these and says Pusheen is one of the few that actually feels like the value of the items are higher than what you pay. Probably helps that it's focused in on one product and straight from the company that makes it.
>>
I tried it once. They charged me for three months after I cancelled, without sending me boxes. After some mailing I got my money back though.
The stuff I got was all useless and looked cheap.
>>
>>9122444
how much are they?
>>
>>9113082
I got one and was not impressed, doki doki crate was by far a lot better
>>
>>9122444
holy shit this is news to me, i fucking love Pusheen

with >>9122557 , what's the price like?
>>
>>9122425
I have liked a couple of makeup/skincare box subscriptions because of trying new products, especially when an indie makeup company offers one. But I don't see the appeal of these kind of 'cute stuff' boxes except maybe >>9122444 if you want to collect Pusheen. I might try a coffee or tea box if I find a good one.
>>
subscription boxes don't really seem worth it anymore.

i subscribed to tokyotreat for 2 months before giving up on it, mostly because i started to diet, and because it was too pricey for what you got. i liked the graphic design a lot, though.

they made a yumetwins box which is like the kawaii box i think? and it's been tempting but i have enough cute clutter as it is.

one subscription box i lost my shit over was the funko pop box. nevermind the figures are ugly as all fuck, but why would you spend money to get sent pops where you probably don't care enough for the series?
>>
>>9122557
>>9122580
Internet says $50
>>
anyone know anything about the doki dkki box?
>>
>>9113082
haven't tried this box yet, but I get a lot of beauty boxes from various places. Subs are a great way to try out korean and japanese beauty products if you're just getting familiar with the products.
I suggest checking reviews on any sub box before signing up. mysubscriptionaddition.com is a good place to check reveiws and see pictures of past boxes, including the japanese kawaii and snack boxes (there's more than just kawaii box...just saying.)
>>
I can see the appeal of these generic kawaii sub boxes, especially if you live in a place that doesn't have a bunch of cheap Japanese/Chinese imports like SoCal does.

I kinda wish I could find a more elegant classic-style box. Something with tea, maybe a book, stationary, understated jewelry, lookbooks, recipes, basic crafting kits like cross stitch or lace knitting. I'd sign up like, immediately.
>>
>>9123075
It's a lot of trash. I got the box from the Jfashion themed month. It came with a lot of stuff from something called "hoppe-chan" which my boyfriend and I call the Kawaii Cumblob, some weird mayo bottle with a :3 face on it stickers and a zipper pull, a bunny(?) face plush, a shitty face towel with a zipper mouth face printed on it, a cheap snoopy figure, an eyeball bow hair clip, a zipper bracelet, a hair tie, and a miku lanyard, and I think that's it. It was really disappointing. I guess that kawaii cumblob chan is a reoccurring theme because someone in my comm got the next month's box and it had more of it in there.
>>
>>9122425
I think a lot of subscription boxes like this are aimed at younger people who tend to be happy no matter what they get and who can fool themselves into thinking that they're getting their money's worth. Since they probably don't have kawaii uguu crap easily available, and don't know about Ali or Taobao (or do know about them and prefer to shell out for 'the real deal' than fakes), something like Kawaii Box is incredibly appealing.
>>9123243
Agreed. A box for classic lolitas by someone who understands lolita would be amazing.
>>
>>9123254
I liked the bunny face plush. I did cancel my subscription, though. I can't justify spending more than $20 a month on it.
>>
>>9123243
The closest thing to that is Felissimo. Not exactly a box, but you can't pick the precise thing you want in a given collection so there's still some element of surprise.
>>
>>9123254
Can you post pictures?
>>
File: 1470055057323.jpg (139KB, 1706x960px) Image search: [Google]
1470055057323.jpg
139KB, 1706x960px
>>9123880
Yeah, sorry but the stuff is going to be in 3 or 4 images because I'm on my phone.
>>
File: Photo_2016-08-01_06-39-27_AM.png (3MB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
Photo_2016-08-01_06-39-27_AM.png
3MB, 1936x1936px
>>9124015
>>
File: Photo_2016-08-01_06-39-56_AM.png (3MB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
Photo_2016-08-01_06-39-56_AM.png
3MB, 1936x1936px
>>9124018
>>
File: Photo_2016-08-01_06-40-54_AM.png (3MB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
Photo_2016-08-01_06-40-54_AM.png
3MB, 1936x1936px
>>9124022
The only thing I will actually use is the miku lanyard.
>>
>>9122425
Subscription boxes in general seem to have really taken off. Just look at how many youtubers Lootcrate sponsers, or just those weird food boxes (at least in my country) where people get send all their food for the week with recipes.

I guess people like it because it's easy and there's an element of surprise.
>>
I got it for a few months and was mostly satisfied with it. There were a few questionable engrish items, like a zipper pouch that said "finger family" with a weird face.
>>
>>9124024
>>9124022
>>9124018
>>9124015
what a pile of cheap trash
>>
>>9124124
I was both amused and pissed when I got it. At least my cat plays with the kawaii cumblob plush.
>>
I like the IDEA behind subscription boxes. The company gets cheap prices on interesting merch because they're buying a bulk amount. Box buyers get more in value than they're actually paying, and enjoy a fun element of surprise.

Unfortunately, it seems like it never works out that way.No one wants to do the legwork of making industry contacts for cheaper bulk orders and give their customers an actual value. It's less effort to buy cheap crap and cater to an audience who won't care.
>>
>>9124287
Agreed. Honestly the only monthly subscription box I like is Ipsy.
>>
>>9124287
They work the best with cosmetics because there's already a sample size culture and the companies will practically give away samples to get their products in to the hands of customers.
Merch and stuff less so because then it's about just providing the one item and not getting possible future sales off it.
>>
Has anyone tried Q-box? From the videos I have seen on youtube, the boxes don't look so bad but then I saw the recent June box and got put off. It looks like you receive a lot for what you pay for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpu75tV-PB4
>>
File: main-box[1].png (463KB, 760x542px) Image search: [Google]
main-box[1].png
463KB, 760x542px
this box seems interesting
https://yumetwins.com

has anyone tried it? thinking for getting it for my sister
>>
>>9122444
I've seen unboxing videos of the pusheen ones. They really are cute. If I had the money I'd put down for the Pusheen box.
>>
>>9125614
It doesn't seem to be too bad, since you're getting the legit stuff instead of knockoffs, but if your sister isn't fussy about getting offbrand things or only wants items from a specific series it's cheaper to put a box together yourself.
In terms of getting your money's worth I'd say this is ten times better than kawaii box, though.
>>
>>9125614
it's a good box, go for it
>>
Pictures and review of the summer Pusheen box have been published
http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/2016/08/pusheen-box-summer-2016-box-review.html
>>
File: 1458979807965.jpg (185KB, 1083x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458979807965.jpg
185KB, 1083x720px
This thread brings back bitter memories of the cgl White Day event, as I sent out "kawaii boxes" and got grinched in return.
Sorry for offtopic.
>>
Has anyone tried this box? It's Jfashion related.
http://www.myjapanbox.com/shop/fashion-box-by-tss/
>>
>>9131742
Looks like a new company/box. The preview picture for fashion just has a lot of Wego socks which are like 300 to 500 yen, so I guess if that's your thing.
>>
>>9129113
Don't feel bad Anon it happened to a lot of us
>>
>>9131742
Looks shit. For that much I could get twice as much stuff on Ali, and it's not like the socks and hairclips are unique items.
>>
Anyone know of kawaii/japanese snack subscriptions boxes that ship to mainland Europe for non-outrageous prices? I've always wanted to try them even if the value isn't great
>>
>>9135884
Same here anon, especially since there's nothing like Daiso in Europe so finding cheap cute stuff or snacks is pretty fucking difficult
>>
>>9135884
This
>>
>>9135980
If you're in the UK, Home Bargains have cute sweets sometimes. I bought Hello Panda the other day (4 boxes for £1) and I think there were a few other cute sweets but I was in too much of a rush to check.
Honestly, Poundland and similar shops aren't that bad. If you have the time to trawl through them you can find a lot of cute stuff. It's hardly on par with Daiso, sadly, but it's not exactly a wasteland either.
>>
What I don't understand about these subscription boxes is, don't you just end up with a ton of stationary/clutter? It might be cute but unless you're a big user of notepads, stickers, and other stuff, it's all just going to pile up.
>>
>>9113082
>>9113082
12yo me would have fucking loved it having no access to ebay/ali/..because parents were scared of "muh stolen info :(("
Living in Belgium is suffering. There is nothing kawaii and I live in the goddamn capital.
>>
>>9129113
Aw anon i want to make you a kawaii box now. Pls don't be sad.
>>
>>9122444
Shit, is there any way to get just this box? I need a new planter and I want that vinyl figure
>>
>>9136869
I'm pretty sure you can buy these individually from the brand.
>>
>>9137416
>>9136869
Actually you cant. Everything in a pusheen box is exclusive.
>>
>>9137416
>>9137513
>Check ebay
>People selling individual items each for at least half if not equal to the box price
I know the mystery is part of the appeal, but I can't justify buying a blind box after seeing how useless the summer box is to me compared to the spring box
>>
>>9136254
Yeah, not in the UK. I'm from The Netherlands.

>>9135980
>>9136082
Apparently >>9125614 and its related snackbox have a flat worldwide shipping rate though, so that's something
>>
File: yume box.jpg (98KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
yume box.jpg
98KB, 960x720px
>>9125614
I like my Yume Twins subscription so far
The things in it are not just random ugly shit like the Doki Doki crate
They also don't flood it with stationary which I appreciate and the stuff in the box is not knock off merch and is good quality
The only not great thing is you don't get a lot more than $30 worth of stuff but I always like it anyways
I like surprises and like fairy kei and plush things so the Yume Twins box works for me!
>>
>>9136254
>'mainland Europe'
>'if you're in the UK'
??? reading comprehension???
>>
It's been 2 weeks since the last update on my kawaii box... Still haven't received it and the last update was that it left Singapore on the 30th. Should I be worried?
>>
>>9142912
Everything came from a 100 yen store, so congrats you got less than $10 worth of kawaii crap for $30
>>
>>9142912
>that cheap plastic crown
>>
>>9142912
Anon that's a complete rip off
>>
>>9142912
It's got a lot of cute stuff but there's so much crap to pad it out that I don't think it's really worth it. The non-knockoff merch is the only thing that makes it any good and honestly you can get just that for a lot cheaper even with shipping and SS fees.
I'm glad you like the box so far, but for most people this is really, really not worth the money.
>>
>>9143293
>>9143310
No
>poodle plush worth $8
>My Melody keychain worth $5.50
>socks worth $7
>little randoseru worth $3
>crown worth $3
>pouch worth $5.50
>draw pad worth $2
$33 total
Some of them had tags with the original prices on them and other things you could look up and see what they're worth.
People just love to be overly critical about things. I still like it and the things I get.
>>
>>9144272
lmao it still looks cheap as fuck, enjoy your tacky overpriced shit
>>
>>9121517
That pusheen isn't even an official product, it looks like a knock-off.

I feel like this whole image should be what you get out of only a couple of boxes but I'm sure it's from a lot more than that.

>>9122425
I think the fun is supposed to be that it's a "surprise" (read: gamble) every time you get a new one, hoping for at least one nice valuable goodie from the box even though you mostly get junk.

Another reason could be that lonely friendless people want to do stuff like penpals/mail exchanges but either don't have any friends to do it with or are too lazy/cheap themselves to want to pack a nice gift box to send in the mail, so they use monthly boxes for themselves instead.

>>9122444
I've seen the mermaid figure from that one summer box go for quite a bit on eBay thanks to the pusheen mermaid plush selling out so quickly. (Btw, DON'T buy the shitty $60 scalper ones, they'll be restocking sometime in October. Tokyo Otaku Mode is taking preorders for them.)

Although $50 a month is a bit ridiculous just for Pusheen stuff.
>>
>>9123254
>kawaii cumblob
anon I think there's something wrong with your boyfriend's dick if he's producing loads that look like Hersheys Kisses.

Hoppe-chan is actually really popular with young girls in Japan, they make a bunch of candy kits involving Hoppe-chan and have lots of figure sets involving her too. A lot of girl's magazines also sometimes include Hoppe-chan themed gifts as a bonus for buying the magazine. She's a lot more popular than one would think given how generic she looks, although I can totally see where you got that nickname from based on how crappy that Hoppe-chan plush you got is.

>>9124015
>>9124018
The thing that disappointed me the most out of that box was their ~*~EXCLUSIVE*~* Take Omo plushes but if you look at the character concept art online vs the actual plushes they're supposed to be dogs with full bodies instead of just being a disembodied heads like baby digimon. Everything else looks like the standard cheap crap that most of these boxes try to throw in.
>>
>>9142912
You should check the backs and tags of everything to make sure there are 100% no ripoff shit. I know another box of theirs had pretty blatantly fake items.
>>
>>9142912
Thanks for the reply!
I will get it, it looks great, how long did it take to ship?
>>
>>9142912
>that cheap plastic bracelet and crown
>that ugly poodle? plushie
>weird hello kitty box thing that looks like it came from the dollar tree
why is this a thing holy shit
>>
>>9150221
Because young weebs who get hard over everything Japanese are just as happy to get Ali shit as they are to get official, hard-to-find elsewhere stuff. Guess which one's cheaper for the providers, easier to find, and cheaper to ship.
Honestly, if I was 14 I'd buy this in an instant and probably keep all the packaging too. I used to carry around an old pen with almost no ink with me for months just because the sticker had Japanese writing on it. You seriously can't underestimate the thirst, stupidity and shitty taste of weebs.
>>
>>9122558
Doki Doki Crate was shit when I had it. Maybe it got better though.
>>9136330
You do. it's clutter
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.