[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Things you hate in Lolita. Pic very much related, triggers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 29

File: image.jpg (80KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 480x640px
ITT: Things you hate in Lolita.

Pic very much related, triggers my autism every time.
>>
Star accessories where star accessories do not cohesively belong. Usually clips or bags.
Besides not usually matching themes, they're just so generic now.
>>
I fucking loathe these. I've seen a lot of lolitas ruin otherwise good coords with these hideous Walmart shoes.
>>
Can we please, please just put peignoirs to bed already.
>>
> Underskirts, ESPECIALLY if they're not the same color as the trim of the dress.
> People pinning parts of a lightly-colored wig with a black Bobby pin to "style" the wig
> OTT sweet now (not 2010-2011 OTT sweet)
> People thinking basic, more wearable coords are automatically mediocre, even if it's well put together
> Newbies thinking they can pull off wa-lolita
> Twin tail wigs, especially with thick twin tails. That has never looked good ever.
>>
I hate that if you put together a solid coord, it's "plain" or "simple" because you haven't thrown a crap ton of accessories or headwear on. Even if a coord isn't simple everyone will say it is because you don't overdo it.
>>
>>9112788
On the other end, I hate it when people claim their coord is ~simple~ when they're wearing a shit ton of accessories and printed legwear.
>>
>>9112786
I don't mind underskirts that are a different color to the trim if they look like they're an extension of the dress, but that's rare as shit to find, unfortunately. I'm OK with low, thin pigtails, since they can look good with classic. With you on every other point though.
>>
printed legwear is always distracting and take away from the rest of the coord.
>>
Everything has to be OTT or it's plain coord
>>
Oxfords as the go-to classic lolita shoe. They DO NOT go with any classic outfit. It really cheapens an otherwise elegant coord.

>>9112771
Gross. I think bad shoe choices in general rustle my jimmies.
>>
>>9112869
oh my god this

>that period of time when non- OTT coords were posted to ita threads
>>
>Underskirts that are ruffles+ruffles+ruffles+...
>That Alice Bunny jumpershorts on oujis
>Chiffon everything (Nothing against the material, but why everything has to be it nowadays?)
>Hipster and other 'heavy' glasses
>People tagging lolita although they aren't one
>No petticoat ("But I'm fat enough to have none" No you still need one)
>Animal ears
>Badly made everything
>Bad fandom coors
>Coords that make the costume-look
>"Lolita doesn't have rules, I can do whatever I want"
>People who aren't good giving advices
>Unfitting clothes
>>
>>9112751
Those socks are the single worst thing. They look so unflattering and never fit any coord I've seen them on. There are several people that rely to heavily on these ugly socks and wear them with every coord. I hate them so much.
>>
Printed tights, usually in an unrelated style to the outfit just in there because you like some grimoire
Looks like tattoos
Only suits solid colour outfits imho
>>
>>9112883
>tfw I love oxfords
>>9112771
And these
I reckon I have really shit taste in shoes.
>>
>>9112883
They look more elegant and vintage than any plasticky lolita shoes. I even find baby's more 'elegant' ones to be ugly.
Provided the oxfords are leather and nice quality they're a better choice to me.
>>
Waist ties! They hurt my back while sitting.
>>
File: image.jpg (191KB, 1500x997px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191KB, 1500x997px
Madonna crowns and flower crowns that take up almost the whole head.
>>
File: bamboo skewers.jpg (22KB, 280x320px) Image search: [Google]
bamboo skewers.jpg
22KB, 280x320px
>>9113013
anybody else get an urge to roast marshmallows after seeing that crown?
>>
>>9113018
Worse part is the one in the picture is being sold for 40 dollars.
>>
File: 7k48re-i.jpg (30KB, 320x425px) Image search: [Google]
7k48re-i.jpg
30KB, 320x425px
>>9112786
>twin tails

I concur. There is a type of twin tail wig I like but it doesnt have as much volume as pic related. I think a good twin tail has to have a short wig as the base and then the two pony tail things.

I always thought that the heavy ones looked like dogs with those really curly floppy ears.
>>
No makeup. Like you put on a nice dress, a decent wig, all those accessories and no makeup . At least you can put on some foundation due a basuc eye and lip and put yourself together.
>>
>>9112994
I think you're doing wait ties wrong..
>>
>>9112751
>triggers my autism

That's not a thing anon, wtf are you even saying.
>>
File: round jsk melty donut.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
round jsk melty donut.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
dresses with no waist
>>
File: dreamy horoscope white.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
dreamy horoscope white.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
>>9113370
also i hate really high-waisted dresses because they end up looking weird and shapeless like waistless ones a lot of the time
>>
>>9113350
Sure is summer in here.
>>
>>9113370
>>9113373
same, they remind me of maternity clothes
>>
>>9113392
Its not summer I'm a veteran, its a plain stupid thing to say.
>>
>>9113469
I agree, anyone who is socially inept or even just a bit awkward is called an Autist but I fail to see how seeing socks you don't like make you a social failure.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 5184x3456px
>>9113469
>>9113475
>>
>>9113477
I feel like stringing random 4chan terms together with no attention to meaning is summer as fuck honestly.
>>
>>9113479
that phrase has been around for fucking years and you are sperging out about it. calm down.
>>
>>9113481
The fuck are you talking about summer chan.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 485x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 485x360px
>>9113482
>calling others summer
>not knowing the common dank meme of autism triggering
>>
>>9113483
Summer plz
>>
File: rolleyes.jpg (13KB, 296x272px) Image search: [Google]
rolleyes.jpg
13KB, 296x272px
>>9112751
>Op's socks, i see them everywhere
>peignoirs and chiffon overlays (looking at you, Angelic Pretty)
>OTT anything these days
>wa lolita, 99% of the time it looks bad
>twintail wigs
>bicolor wig (as in blue and pink,brown and blond can look fine)
>twintails AND bicolor wigs
>newbies thinking old school or simple/casual coords are lazy/mediocre
>"teehee here is my super simple coord" when it's OTT (Lunie-chan did that quite often and it pissed me off a bit)
>underskirts that are too long,not the same color or the same trim as the dress
>printed legwear with a printed dress, it looks too much
>coords that make it look costumey (scepters,crowns,...)
>heavy hipster glasses
>not wearing a goddamn petticoat
>"i am a lolita at heart uwu"
>cheaply made anything
>"lolita has no rules you elitist meanies"
>people thinking they are lolita mentors when they don't even do it right to begin with
>fatties stretching dresses (boobloaf) it looks painful
>typical tumblrinas wearing lolita and getting triggered at the slightest criticism
>NO CRITICISM ALLOWED! Just stop being such a sensitive little bitch and take it.
>waist-less dress they look like maternity clothes or mumus and they aren't lolita to me
>stuffed animal bags, looks like ageplay most of the time
>high twintails, looks ugly on anyone older than 10
>>
>>9113488
alright well at this point it's clear you're just shitposting.
>>
>Fatties Not wearing a petticoat.
> fatties making dresses with a waist line that don't fit into a poorly fitting empire waisted dresses with boobloaf.
>>
>>9113493
>> fatties making dresses with a waist line that don't fit into a poorly fitting empire waisted dresses with boobloaf.

This. They fit nothing but their boobs in an area that's supposed to fit an entire torso and claim it fits ugh
>>
>>9112751
>Coord Inspired by: Melanie Martinez uwu
I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE
>>
>being this much of a nitpicker
You people autistic or something?
>>
>>9113488
>>9113483
>>9113482
>>9113481
>>9113479
>>9113477
>>9113475
>>9113469
>>9113392
>>9113350
STFU
All of you have gone full retard.
>>
>>9113013
I thought this was the french fry one until opening the thumbnail. The spacing on the skewers is so bad, how did she think this was acceptable to sell?
>>
>>9113013
>>9113934
Tfw you offered this seller $15 for one of these and she flips shit on you claiming it's quality and worth so much more

It's literally just a plastic headband and cooking skewers hot glued and painted in gold.
>>
>>9113370
If I really like a print but don't like any of the other cuts, I might opt for the sack dress because they look pretty cute when you bring them in at the waist with a belt or ribbon. But otherwise, yeah, not a huge fan either
>>
>>9113018
Add some marshallows and wear it with ott sweet.
>>
>When people don't take off their piercings

Earrings are OK, but nose rings, angel bites, etc just looks awful
>>
>>9112936
Are heavy glasses automatically ita?

I'm blind as a bat, and allergies make wearing contacts hell in the spring and summer, so I was thinking of getting a pair.

Any advice on styling them?
>>
>>9114814
I wear heavy black plastic frames and wear them with Lolita. But I also wear mostly black dresses so they blend in better then they would with something pastel or light colored.

Wear them if you want though. If someone has a problem with it then they can look away.
>>
>>9114814
You know, there are also light glasses. I'm blind as hell too and my frames are thin.
>>
File: 1465616152727.jpg (95KB, 500x747px) Image search: [Google]
1465616152727.jpg
95KB, 500x747px
>>9113370
I think they can be really pretty if you're skinny (and I don't mean like average, a little smaller) and flat chested or really small chested.
>>
>>9115203
I have this dress too. It's amazing and surprisingly flattering.
>>
Complaining about whatever current trends are popular and then being sad when they're gone
>>
>>9113817
Lemme be a bitch for once god damn I pretend to like and be nice to everyone all day.
>>
>>9114814
Your glasses are your glasses, you need them to see, if people have a problem with it then they can shut their eyes. If you're worried about them not working with a coord then just remove them for photos.

It's a street fashion, not a photoshoot. I think everyone forgets that especially the poor idiots who shit themselves over non-matching glasses.
>>
>>9115255
I remember back in 2012-13 people being shit about ott sweet and calling it ageplay and disgusting.
Now you see "2010 ott sweet nostalgia" poping all over.
>>
>>9113577
post some of them anon
>>
>>9113373
>>9113370

agreed. Personally they don't look good on anyone, regardless of weight, race or height.
>>
>>9114452
It depends. Some holes look worse than a carefully selected piercing.
>>
>>9113493
>>9113498
>tfw you're just busty and have to sew lower buttons on straps
>>
People who don't wear legwear
>>
Ribbon rosettes. You look like a damned chicken farmer at the county fair. Congrats on all of your first prize winners.
>>
>Sack dresses
I'm not particularly big and I hate them.
>Peter pan collars
The bigger they are the more I hate them.
>Frumpy cotton
Old school is my jam, but cotton is not my jam. It wrinkles and fades and is generally too damn frumpy. It does have benefits though. Breathable, washable, and you can just dye or bleach pieces.
>tea party shoes
I just think they're ugly.
>>
>>9118064
>using memes on cgl
>>
>>9112751
>Salopettes
>Fatties in too-small clothes. I think we have given up on giving concrit on fit but it still grinds my gears.
>People who can't put together a good basic coord trying to add all kinds of crap to make up for not having the basics together.
>Loliables
>Snowflake names like 'bittersweet' and 'chocolate lolita'
>Ballet flats or trainers
>Brolitas
>People crying because 'meets in a cafe are too spendy, let's have a picnic'
>Wonky, badly applied lashes. Practice to get good.
>>
'Lolita at heart' people yapping.
Oldbies who should know better by now but are still ita.
Print replicas.
>>
>>9112775
I see what you did there.
But I have to agree. I liked them in CPK though, RIP.
>>
>>9118115
Underrated post.
>>9120300
>tea party shoes
>I just think they're ugly.
To add to that, people who wear tea parties when simpler shoes would fit better.
>>9120407
>Wonky, badly applied lashes. Practice to get good.
Or maybe people should tone down their makeup until they can fucking coord.

My #1 pet peeve is when lolitas shoehorn an OTT print into a casual coord or a casual skirt into an OTT mess. Sugary Melty Dream Mermaid Jewelry Pearl Princess shit does not a simple outfit make.
>>
>>9118115
What if you use one in a country coordinate?
>>
>>9120906
Now I"m disappointed cause I'm searching and can't find any lolita dresses with chickens on them.
>>
>>9120906
One might be cute, espcially if the dresses are plaid or something. I see a lot of newer OTT people with about 20 of them on at once, and the effect is rather dizzying.
>>
>>9120912
There's some with ducks
>Close enough?
>>
File: fanpop-1.jpg (31KB, 476x471px) Image search: [Google]
fanpop-1.jpg
31KB, 476x471px
>>9112771
>mfw I own a pair of these in cream and think they're cute.
>>
File: ChickChanDreamBag-yellow_0.jpg (38KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
ChickChanDreamBag-yellow_0.jpg
38KB, 250x333px
>>9120912
I want to make one in the future, perhaps with appliques of little chicks along the skirt border. This bag would be perfect, I think. Actually, didn't AP Happy Garden have chicks in the print? That may even be the matching bag for that series, I don't know.
I do have real chickens, but they are kind of messy and I'm not so sure about holding one that close to my clothes, haha.
>>
File: Silkie.jpg (208KB, 1280x781px) Image search: [Google]
Silkie.jpg
208KB, 1280x781px
>>9120944
I wanna see a print with Silkie chickens.
>>
>>9120935
Don't worry, anon. I've got them, too. They are a cheap, easily available option, so they get coorded poorly a lot.
>>
I've never cared for tea parties. I love OTT sweet but I just don't like them. Wedges are better.
>>
>>9121042
Agreed. Unless you are being photographed from a lower angle, they just make your legs look stumpy. Also, their lack of weight throws off the silhouette. It doesn't stand up to poofy skirts and bonnets.
>>
>When people have (normalfag) shorts which barely hide their asses and think those are fitful for ouji

Stop doing this, too short shorts just look awful
>>
I hate the lack of puppy prints. There's enough cat prints, I want more poodles and shit.
>>
>>9112936
I wear a lot of chiffon because I live in Satan's armpit. I need thin breezy materials
>>
>>9121306
Jazz Corgi by Welsh Corgi
>>
File: FruitsParlorHighWaistJSK-pink.jpg (21KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
FruitsParlorHighWaistJSK-pink.jpg
21KB, 250x333px
Can post dresses I hate for no particular reason?
I'm a super sweet lolita, I love shit like wonder cookie, milky planet, etc etc. But fruits parlour just pisses me off
>>
>>9120935

No worries anon, I dont think they are particularly ugly.
>>
>OTT Classic
OTT anything, if I'm being honest. But especially classic. It just doesn't seem wearable.
>JetJ's gaudy "historical" prints
JetJ only makes good pieces once in a blue moon and it disappoints me to no end
>Too-frilly boleros
It makes anyone look way too top heavy
>All hime-cut hair all the time
Like I get that it's the go-to hair but I wish there was a little more variety that actually looked good
>>
>>9121340

>too frilly bolero
Do you have an example picture? I would imagine something ornate on-top would balance out the large skirt that lolita always have. But I think it could look bad if legwear/shoes are too plain.

>all hime-cute hair
Yuppp. In general I think some form of bangs and framing the face looks good for everyone. But I do wish there was more variance besides the straight across bang
>>
Intentionally exposed bloomers. That shit ain't cute.

Open-toed shoes. Tacky as fuck.

Bonnets. So. Fucking. Ugly.

Especially infantile dresses like Dreamy Baby Room. Less the dresses themselves as much as the attitude of the person wearing them. I just hate the denial that they look like they're meant for ageplayers. I'm not saying you have to be an ageplayer to wear something like DBR or Toy Parade, but you also can't fault people for the ageplay assumption AT ALL if you choose to wear that shit out of the house. As long as they aren't being huge dicks to you as a result of said assumption, you have no valid complaints.

Mini hats. Words fail to adequately express my seething hatred for mini hats. Oh my god, fuck mini hats.

Alice bows. I'm obsessed with Wonderland themed pieces, but Alice bows needed to never be a thing that happened in this fashion.

Full-shirring. It makes super busty girls look fat, fatties look fatter, and thin girls with managably sized boobs have no remotely valid excuse to wear something this ugly. Just say no to full shirring. Just buy some nice off brand if you have to, anything so hideous doesn't count as real brand, anyway.

Front shirring. The only thing more disgusting than full shirring.

Stupid fandom coords. Even if the coord is well done, some things are too stupid to do it with at all. If you wanna make an Ariel coord with your Melty Mermaid Princess, that will probably be cute. However, no matter how nicely put together it is, your Eren Yaeger coord is still gonna be really dumb. Stick to series and characters that make sense. Lolita is not practical for fighting the titans in.

Putting an endless amount of shit on your head. It's bad.

Random kawaii shit as part of the coord that doesn't belong, like San-X plushie keychains clipped to the skirt and things like that. We're not decora, guys.
>>
>>9121426
>Alice bows
Doesn't that simply refer to a big (bigger than the average normie bow but smaller than a head-eating bow) bow on a headband? Or did I misunderstand?
>>
File: 1464448287305.png (91KB, 240x255px) Image search: [Google]
1464448287305.png
91KB, 240x255px
>>9121426
Anon... do you like Lolita?
>>
>>9121486
NAYRT but I'm with them on most of this. I like bonnets and bloomer peek in theory but they both are often done so badly.
A lot of these things are a no-go because although they may look ok in a magazine under photo shoot conditions, they are done very badly over and over in posted coord pix and at meets and cons.
>>
File: dreamholic.jpg (87KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
dreamholic.jpg
87KB, 500x750px
>>9113056
agreed, i like the twin tails with the short base wig a lot more than what GLW has going on with theirs, plus they're kinda heavy on the head after a while- when i was first starting out in lolita, i bought GLW's baby dollight in mint and i cringe every single time i look back at it. glad i got rid of it.

pic related of good twin tail wig is dreamholic, prisila also has some nice twin tails like this as well, iirc.
>>
>>9121333
This is glorious, thank you anon
>>
>>9121335
I hate this dress with a passion. I hate stripes in lolita but this parTICULAR DRESS OH GOD it makes me angry just looking at it
>>
>>9121335
I love Fruits Parlor, but hate Wonder Cookie for the exact same reason. (No offense, I'm happy there are people who can appreciate it.)
>>
>>9121486
I agree on all of this, it's all pretty reasonable. Pleas point out what exactly of this rubs you the wrong way aside from the alice bows.
>>
>>9114416
Are there any nice coods with sack dresses + belts? Some of my favourite prints are cheaper in their sack dress cut and I'm wondering if I could wear them with a belt.
>>
>>9112771
>mfw I really want these shoes but I'm not in the US
I wouldn't even shoeshorn them, I just want some cheap lolita boots to replace my old ones.
>>
>>9121491
I think this wig style looks very fake because who has had this hairstyle on their real hair ever?
>>
File: silkie7.jpg (100KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
silkie7.jpg
100KB, 400x299px
>>9120949
I love how silk chickens look with all their fur/feathers but I'm not sure if I would eat one. They look like weird black naked creatures
>tfw i actually want a novelty print of that
>>
>>9122591
Yeah. It's kind of funny. They're like the chicken versions of polar bears.
>>
File: 1455328358437.jpg (56KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1455328358437.jpg
56KB, 500x667px
I hate when people get upset when people wear wigs and/or contacts
I'm into sweet, Gothic and classic, my hair isn't gonna work for all of the above. And if you're gonna match everything else in your coord, why not match your hair color and eye color?

Lastly, when did colorful wig become so hated? Someone got a bunch of shit for just wanting to use a gray wig with a coord.
Personally, I love wigs that aren't natural colors, as long as it goes well with the coord.
It just adds a bit of more fun
>>
>>9122608
A nice brown or blonde hair will always match every coord. I just don't like wigs, because I think wigs are costume-y and I would like lolita to b e a fashion. If I ever wore a wig with my lolita coords my family, friends and boyfried would ask me if I'm crazy.
>>
>>9122608
I wear wigs because my hair is super fine and can't hold a curl for long. But If I do wear a wig, it's my hair color. I like it this way. If someone gives you crap because your not "natural" then fuck them. It's your clothes. You do what you want.
>>
File: 1455302321760.jpg (169KB, 612x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1455302321760.jpg
169KB, 612x1024px
>>9122614
>A nice brown or blonde hair will always match every coord
Yes, but wouldn't it be super boring if everyone just used blonde or brown wigs?
And altough wigs might be "costume-y", lolita is more "costume-y" than most fashions, even if it in fact is a fashion.

Same with other j-fashions, like fairy kei, decora, shinouri, it's fashion but it's still more costume-y than just jeans and a shirt. I don't see how adding a wig will make it worse

>If I ever wore a wig with my lolita coords my family, friends and boyfried would ask me if I'm crazy
To be fair, a lot of normies react that way even if you don't wear a wig.

>>9122683
> If someone gives you crap because your not "natural" then fuck them. It's your clothes. You do what you want.
Well, the problem is that I feel like anything other than brown or blonde wigs have kinda become "against the lolita rules", and a lot of people (at least on here) think it automaticly means ita if you don't wear a super natural one

I think it sucks, because I love that lolita is kinda unnatural and that it isn't subtle

Point rant: Brown and blonde wigs are the easiest because they almost always look good, but I think it's boring that everything else is shunned and hated
>>
>>9122688
I kind of agree with you on this, but I also think that it's really hard to get natural looking wigs in interesting colours. I have naturally blonde hair and was trying to find an ombre wig in a fade from blonde to the olive green feature colour in the dress, which could look really good with the main colour being navy... but if you search 'green wig' obviously it comes up with fucking CC from Code Geass acid green which is so costumey it hurts.
>>
>>9122688
>>9122608

It's backlash. Last couple of years we had ita newbies who, god knows where they picked up how-to-lolita from, prioritised wigs over getting important basics, like a petticoat. And they'd pick the brightest, tackiest, most fake-looking wigs, too. The previous years' ita threads were littered with girls in wigs that double the size of their heads while their dress hangs down limply because they got a wig instead of getting a petticoat. Not a good look.

Unfortunately the itas' outlooks are uncomfortably similar to yours, ie- lolita is a costume, costumes needs wigs, and costumes are fun things, so "lolita wigs" should be cheap plasticky things in bright fun colours. I get that you're trying to say lolita looks outlandish enough, so might as go the extra mile and wear color contacts and wigs if you like them, but this is mostly going to get negative responses because you strike uncomfortably close to implying that lolita is a costume instead of an actual fashion that actual people wear to go about their daily lives.

If you make very clear that you don't think of wigs and contacts in lolita as a "costume" or "dress-up for an hour" kind of activity, and then put your coord in right context where an outlandish wig is acceptable, eg - you're attending an OTT themed meetup, then it becomes acceptable go to the extra mile to complete your theme with the right wig, cgl is less likely to bitch (and actually more inclined to suggest more OTT things for you).

If your context is that you're putting together your first coord to go a normal weekend lolita meetup and you absolutely need an outlandish wig because "lolita looks costumey anyway" -- oh yeah, you're gonna get shit on.

And of course, be open to critique and be mindful of wig quality. I've seen newbies get upset about being told not to wear a wig, when in fact the photo of the wig they posted is cheap, plasticky, shiny, or some weird colour that clashes with the rest of their coord.
>>
>>9122614
I know a few people who wear wigs in everyday life - like to work or school or just to leave the house - so don't think of them as being costume items necessarily. It's really what floats your boat, if you are uncomfortable wearing them then don't, but wigs by themselves do not a costume make.
>>
>>9122544
I'm just triggered by the Alice bows, bonnets, and bloomer peek. I guess I'm just a sucker for old school
>Poorly constructed homemade bonnets are fucking horrendous though
>NO YOU CAN'T USE CARDBOARD AND GLUE YOU MONSTERS
>>
>>9122738
Tons of black chicks wear wigs all the time, a really high quality with looks just like real hair
>Some of them are
>>
>>9122810
Sure but they arent wearing split color wigs and pastel hair colors, theyre wearing natural hair colors styled in a natural way
>>
>>9122819
I wonder if there would be a way to dye a natural pale wig and have it not look like shit
>>
>>9120935

I'm hunting down another pair in cream so I can go at them with some chocolate brown fabric paint and make the lace edges and bows a darker brown. I'd do it to my current pair, but I'm hesitant that I'd fuck 'em up somehow. The darker accent pieces would make them look a little more like some of the booties IW puts out though, and I'm all for that.

Honestly I love mine 'cause I do a fuckton of con staffing and they're cute without trying to kill my legs or back, so I can wear them with simple classic coordinates and they don't look super out of place.
>>
>>9122780
Bloomer peek is very old school though...
>>
>>9122896
I meant triggered by anon's dislike of them
That was confusing wording oops...
>>
File: y.jpg (86KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
86KB, 600x600px
>>9116266
>>
>>9123088
Oh my gosh, I hate these Polyvore coords with a PASSION.
>>
If the "living doll" craze hasn't taken a big enough shit on lolita fashion, I hate that Melanie Martinez is affecting the way that normies look at lolita fashion as well. Goddammit, we're not supposed to look like big babies.
>>
>>9113065
No makeup is much better than bad makeup. I would way rather girls not wear any if they don't want to/can't take the time to learn it well before going out in public.

Plus, I know a lot of people hate hearing this because the concept makes them feel bad about themselves, but there are people who don't really need makeup and look fine without it. Not to mention, people who can't wear it due to skin issues.
>>
>>9121443
An Alice bow is a headband where the bow is in the middle
>>
>>9121340
I fucking hate hime hair cuts
>>
>>9122819
>but they arent wearing split color wigs and pastel hair colors

I can assure you that there are plenty women in the community that do this.

>>9122833
Just get a decent lace front in whatever color you're aiming for. They look nicer than a regular cosplay wig.
>>
>>9124020
I don't understand OP's gripe with them, then. What makes them so bad?
>>
>>9124093
Just personal taste, I guess. But let's see if OP comments on it.
>>
>>9113370
Amen amen amen
>>
>>9123305
Agreed. I thought her music was inventive at first but now I cringe when I hear it or see the music videos. She doesn't even attempt to hide the fact that she's an ageplayer.
>>
>>9124093
Not OP, I think these tights rustle my jimmies because they're sheer. I don't like the optical illusion, I think sheer socks/leggings are more or less just as 'tacky' as a bare leg, and I think they clash with strappy lolita shoes.

But most people like them so I think I just need to adjust my attitude.
>>
File: 2469.jpg (45KB, 250x375px) Image search: [Google]
2469.jpg
45KB, 250x375px
When girls pose like they put their legs on backwards. I blame Misako for making this popular. It makes you look awkward and deformed.
>>
>>9112751
>actually really liked these socks before everyone ruined them for me
rest in peace my ita soul

>>9124273
Is it bad that I really don't like Misako's hair in general? Her bangs are cut awkwardly I feel. Maybe I'm just being bitchy though.
>>
>>9124093
A lot of people started to hate them because of kate
>>
>>9124093
They're overused and look like the $2 white fishnets the mexican prostitutes wear in my area.
I'm going to buy pairs of them and burn them one of these days so less people can buy them. Not OP, just really hate those fucking socks.
>>
>>9124155
>>9124402
>>9124481
Oops, bad wording on my part, I didn't mean the OP of the thread, I meant the anon who posted this >>9121426 and why they hated alice bows of all things.
>>
>>9124397
no, her bangs are cut the width of her entire face and it's not flattering versus how Japanese girls normally cut bangs.
>>
I hate clunky looking shoes being worn in lolita outside of gothic.
>>
I hate that this anonymous comm is stuck in a sub with cosplay. It's 2016 dammit, let us be separate.
>>
File: tumblr_mubm55U9WU1r7dogho1_1280.jpg (68KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mubm55U9WU1r7dogho1_1280.jpg
68KB, 580x435px
>>9125260
There needs to be at least a general alt fashion board, /fa/ is such a modern nu-male sausagefest
>>
>>9125260
This board is already slow as fuck, why do people keep asking for a split? There's not enough traffic to warrant a new board.
>>
>>9125268
Because they're retarded.
>>
File: url.jpg (6KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
6KB, 194x259px
>>9121335
that one and dreaming macaron I find so ugly. Maybe it's the fruit colors against the pink.
>>
>>9122894
Are you in the US, anon? I have a pair I don't wear and want to just get rid of. Pay for shipping and they're yours; I think they're a size 8.5 or 9; I'm an 8-8.5 and they're a little loose on me. I wore them once and they're like new.
>>
I hate themed meet-ups. It wouldn't be so bad if they were very occasional events, but it feels like every other meet has one. It's usually just an excuse for the hostess to wear a new dress and feel extra super ~special~ about it.
>>
File: image.png (779KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
779KB, 1334x750px
>>9124273
> mfw go-to pose
I'm still super awkward at posing, and this is what I tend to do to make myself not look awkward.
>>
>>9124013
>No makeup is much better than bad makeup. I would way rather girls not wear any if they don't want to/can't take the time to learn it well before going out in public.
This. There's nothing worse than crusty, poorly applied makeup. As long their hair is nice and they have good hygiene I don't mind girls who go makeup-less.

Things I hate:

When girls DIY a bunch of OTT shit. It can be ok when done well, but 90% of the time it isn't. It really cheapens everything and it's embarrassing when at a meet where everyone does it.

Cheap teen jewelry from places like Claires for the same reason as above. Even though it's pastel and 'cute' it just doesn't fit with the lolita aesthetic.

Salopettes

Shoehorned gold with jewel toned coords.

High waisted dresses. I'm a small person but they somehow make me look fat. Sack dresses are fine though.
>>
File: 8008.jpg (34KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
8008.jpg
34KB, 300x400px
>>9125358
Posing in lolita is challenging. One thing you can do instead of twisting up your legs is to simply extend one leg forward and point your toe when you pose. If you must cross your legs, keeping both your feet pointing mostly forward (or at least not in opposite directions) is the key to avoid looking like a pretzel. See the picture for a variation on the pose that ends up looking okay because it isn't as extreme.

I would suggest taking some time to practice in the mirror and pay attention to what looks good and what doesn't. It sounds silly, but it really does help.
>>
>>9125284

Sorry M8, I wear a size 11. Thanks for the offer though!
>>
>>9116261
"it's a street fashion not a photoshoot"

yeah thanks for this (not glasses anon) I really think it's hilarious how perfect everything has to look to western girls. Kera etc still have street shots in Japan that look like SHIT. so many Japanese girls can't match their coords. Glasses are like the last thing I care about in a coord.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>9120949
those look like fuzzy penises oh my god >>9121491
I just bought pic related, a dreamholic wig, and i think it looks really cute on people (especially Melva) I got so so so sick of the glw GIANT twintail wigs but I fell in love with this one. I think it's cute and honestly there aren't many Lolita wigs besides long & curly that look like "real hair," that's kind of the point imo
>>
extremely ruffled underskirts especially under dresses that aren't fancy enough to match

OP's socks I am so sick of them

putting a bunch of pastel enamel pins on your cardigan/bolero

normie cardigans with Lolita

OTT anything nowadays

gold accessories in a dress that has minimal to no gold
I really hate when people try bringing in a new color when it's nowhere to be found in the dress colors (I'm by sure if this makes sense)

when everyone does the stupid fuxkin thing with their hands - arms bent, fingers curled and hands near face, etc. stop doing that.

no blouses, every meet being themed. I could go on
>>
>>9124273
I avoid crossed leg poses like this, it looks like your trying to hold your poop.
>>
>>9124093
OP here, I just really really don't like the way they look. Sidebows are infinitely better.
>>
>>9125649
I'm curious about the quality of that wig. I got >>9121491, the one on the left, and I find its really poor quality compared other dreamholic wigs in my experience. The base is extremely thin and reminds me of a party city wig. It's also much brighter than the pictures.
>>
I didn't mind the OP socks before but right now it feels like everyone has them and use them all the time. It's just getting dull
>>
>>9112771
Are these literally from Walmart? They look like they are.
>>
>>9128228
Yeah, they went on clearance for like $12.
>>
>>9112771
>mfw I have the shoes these were knockoffs of and worn them in lolita, I've had them for 5 years before this ugly knockoff version existed
>>
I hate that these threads have the same 3 or 4 complaints that people repeat over and over because they didn't read the other posts
>>
>>9132002
I hate that people can't read the OP and keep it Lolita related, not autism related : ^ )
>>
File: tumblr_obh27nPI9i1sxsd1uo1_400.jpg (106KB, 338x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obh27nPI9i1sxsd1uo1_400.jpg
106KB, 338x600px
>When even brands don't iron their shit
>>
>>9134062
Oh that's just awful.
>>
>>9125927
I am about to get the DH one in the mail, will post a review so you can know. it looks more full as a base than the one you got desu
>>
>>9134062
this looks like a weird costume to me
like a literal minnie mouse/maid costume
AP why, everything about this dress is so cartoony
Thread posts: 162
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.