[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most inexpensive coord you can put together

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 13

File: tumblr_o0vb9nhNMG1tj9v1jo1_1280.jpg (761KB, 1280x1629px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0vb9nhNMG1tj9v1jo1_1280.jpg
761KB, 1280x1629px
Title says it all, put together the most inexpensive coords you can.

>Hard Mode: use a brand main piece
>Mirror Mode: put together the most expensive coord you can using ONLY items from your closet, there's no fun in a million PC and IG coords

inb4 "yeah, that LOOKS inexpensive" passive aggressive comments
inb4 OP can't inb4
>>
This is a great idea anon, I will try to do one when I get home from work! I'm interested in what everyone else comes up with!
>>
I absolutely love this idea as well.
Normally I only lurk though, as I'm not that good yet at assembling coords ;w;
>>
I have dresses from Meta and IW in perfect condition that I only paid $20 for! I usually wear more expensive shoes but I'll give this a go later.
>>
If I was to do this I'd definitely use this piece I have in my closet. I got it locally for $30 and its AP.

>I dont really like it though
>I cant figure out how to coord it
>>
>>9112992
I love gingham pieces anon! This is a beautifull dress! go for a generic coord with white and crochet some strawberries if you can to go with it! it is such an easy style to wear!
>>
>>9112984
if you are new it is a good to practice coording on /cgl/. People may laugh or be a little harsh, but they will more than likely offer good advice and even link things they might prefer or think will suit the coord better. If you don't take the brash insults you might get to heart and laugh with us it is a really, really great place to learn.
>>
>>9111878
Shall we set USD as the currency of the thread so we can compare total prices more easily?
>>
File: inexpensive oldschool.jpg (83KB, 784x641px) Image search: [Google]
inexpensive oldschool.jpg
83KB, 784x641px
BTSSB hairbows - 1,296 yen on maidenclothing
BTSSB JSK - 1800 yen on usagi
Blouse - $2 on lacemarket
Socks - part of a 1000 yen set on fururun
Shoes - $31 from bodyline. Sadly the Wego platforms for 900 yen were sold out.
>>
>>9113014
Still needs a bag and jewelery
>>
>>9113002

Thanks anon ! I love country coords but this piece is a bit out of my comfort zone since its almost... the pink is quite dark? Like almost hot pink haha. I will try to come up with something cute for it!
>>
File: 687751-17039-2016-07-13651662.jpg (41KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
687751-17039-2016-07-13651662.jpg
41KB, 600x450px
>>9113064
I'm never quite sure about jewellery in old school outfits as the only thing I used to see a lot of in the old GLBs was chokers - rings weren't so much a thing until later on, obviously the long sleeves will cover any bracelets, and the neckline already has some stuff going on with the corset lacing and big collar.

As for a bag though, that's fair enough - maybe this red Meta one out of the set of 3 for $28.
>>
>>9113004
Thanks for the advice, kind anon.
I'll probably mostly be posting the ideas in the brolita thread so maybe you'ill see me there.
>>
>>9113111
Where can I buy that? Love the red bag!
>>
>>9113117
Lacemarket - it's one of those wunderwelt clearance auctions
>>
>>9113007
Sounds good!
>>
File: cheapcoord.png (630KB, 622x896px) Image search: [Google]
cheapcoord.png
630KB, 622x896px
I cropped out the shoes I actually own because they're uglier.

Beret - $2
Bowtie - $1.42
Blouse - free
Belt - $2
Bracelets - $3
Ring - $3
Skirt - $15
Petti - $15
Socks - $6
Shoes - $18

Total: $65.42
>>
>>9113007
Using dollarydoos or yuan (especially without adding shipping and ss) would be too easymode
>>
>>9113153
So you'd have to pay like 30+30 in shipping just to get the bag
>>
Can we factor in shipping while listing prices? A significant portion of the money sink in lolita comes from having to pay shipping multiple times because you don't buy usually buy everything from the same place at the same time.
>>
>>9113586
More like $20, they offer epacket now.
>>
Saving from oblivion.
>>
Sounds like fun! I'll try making a burando outfit.
>>
File: i_tried.png (2MB, 1188x856px) Image search: [Google]
i_tried.png
2MB, 1188x856px
>>9119705
I tried putting some different brand stuff together that I could find currently for sale. Shoes were impossible.

For cheap accessories it would be pretty easy to find a wicker hat & bag to decorate with matching lace and ribbon, maybe some cute handmade crochet strawberries.

Meta Strawberry Cream JSK ¥ 7,334
BtSSB Cherry Applique bolero ¥ 3,167
AP Ivory Lacy socks ¥2,808
Modcloth heels $39.99
Sweet Star wig (sale) ¥3,305
>>
>>9113600
No.
>>
>>9113600
It's up to each individual person I guess. I'd personally enjoy seeing posts that include shipping and still manage to be cheap.
>>
>>9111878
I don't know why but this girl makes everything she wears look cheap, even if she's wearing brand
>>
>>9113600
I think it's very accurate to include a reasonable shipping cost and customs as well if it was charged. It's a hidden cost but you can scarcely get around it if you buy online.
>>
>>9119849
Does she always mix in cheap accessories and add high street pieces? That will do it.
>>
>>9113586
If you really just want the one, offer a reasonable price to have the set split and they'll work with you.
That's how I got my Rose Cross bag without the weird pink one they'd had with it in a set.
>>
>>9119797
Why? What's the point of trying to make a coord as cheap as possible if you ignore what it would actually cost for you to physically buy all the items? This is a helpful exercise, I used to think things on LM were overpriced before I started buying direct from brand and using y!J with a shipping service. If you can make a full coord on Wunderwelt, y!J, or CC and calculate what it would really cost, that would really help a lot of newfags understand what to expect. Paying shipping on each item adds up fast with a SS
>>
>>9119792
Use LM and get some used bodyline shoes
>>
>>9119915
That only helps if we're all shipping to the same location and we all have customs fees. Which we don't. Add on fees if you want, but keep it separate from the actual item price.
>>
>>9119947
I think it is a good example of the differences inn actual costs bunt kind of wasted in the cheap coords thread because an ugly cheap dress usually costs as much to ship as an expensive one.
Still the argument can be made better for affording lolita if the total actual cost to bring the items home is displayed rather than just the listed price from a seller. High shipping and customs fees are a daily reality for a lot of people.
>>
File: cheap coord.png (859KB, 1200x850px) Image search: [Google]
cheap coord.png
859KB, 1200x850px
i didnt calculate with the shipping and i used websites that are accessible without an ss
i always find old school or gothic can be done really well with cheaper items!
>>
File: cheapasscoord.png (323KB, 612x567px) Image search: [Google]
cheapasscoord.png
323KB, 612x567px
You guys are pretty bad at this.
MAM OP: $37 secondhand w/shipping, $20 alone
IW Socks: $10 new/ on sale w/shipping
Offbrand Shoes: $14 new
Offbrand purse (my real one is cuter): $3 thrifted
Modified yard sale petticoat (not shown): $1 mangled

I wear this coord once every couple of weeks for messier things.
$65 total
>>
>>9121018
o shit, forgot the $8 headdress I bought during free shipping. Whelp, $73, can't afford that.
>>
>>9121018
What about the headdress
>>
>>9119792
What about those taobao shoes that everyone has? Those suede heels with the three bows? They're around $18 on aliexpress including shipping
>>
File: uh.png (84KB, 294x503px) Image search: [Google]
uh.png
84KB, 294x503px
>>9121039
No idea which ones those are. I did look on BL and they do have some red shoes, no magenta/darker pink in stock, but I think that would throw off the outfit with the cardigan being a magenta colour.

Either way, I don't plan on actually wearing it since I just wanted to see if I could make a (not really) inexpensive brand coordinate.
>>
File: Potatosack.png (366KB, 1044x1062px) Image search: [Google]
Potatosack.png
366KB, 1044x1062px
So rori
>>
>>9121018
You win. Should show this to itas who cry the fashion is too expensive
>>
>>9121138
These shoes.
>>
File: cheapclassiccoord.png (736KB, 713x554px) Image search: [Google]
cheapclassiccoord.png
736KB, 713x554px
>>9122008
Here's a classic coord with dose shoes, and some other stuff too, including a cheap skirt set. Petti can be thrifted or made for $5 max.
LM listing for skirt set is here: www.lacemarket.us/innocent-world-antique-pink-skirt-headdress/
>>
>>9119966
which shop are those shoes from?
>>
>>9122725
i dont really remember, but you can find them by searching "black lolita shoes"
>>
Most expensive outfit from my own wardrobe is about £800. I think I need to stop buying stuff.
>>
>>9123263
Just curious, what is the coord? Did you buy it from resellers for a higher price? Wondering how you could get to that price.
>>
Bump for interest
>>
bump for interest again
>>
File: cheapandnotcheap.jpg (2MB, 3300x2198px) Image search: [Google]
cheapandnotcheap.jpg
2MB, 3300x2198px
Alright here's my attempt at both the cheapest and most expensive coords I could put together from my own closet.
Cheap:
jsk; secondhand from closetchild: $45
blouse; thrifted: $2
hat; taobao: $8
necklace; was a gift: free
wristcuffs; handmade: like $5 in materials...maybe
socks; bought in a set of 3 for $8: $2.50
shoes; thrifted: like $5
bag; taobao: $13
petti: secondhand, not shown: $15
total: $95.50

expensive:
jsk; bought at release: $250
blouse; infanta: $57
headbow; bought at release: $35
"fur" collar; taobao: $11
parasol; lolita collective: $30
bag; secondhand: $60
wristcuffs; secondhand: $15
ap ring; secondhand: $25
bird ring; was a gift: not sure
underskirt; handmade: at least $75 in materials
tights; sockdreams: $15
shoes; secondhand: $100
petti; classical puppets: $45
total: $658
both totals do not include shipping or ss fees cause honestly I'm not sure how much it would be at this point.
>>
>>9129608
You're good Anon. Especially the left coord, I love gingham
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.