[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Makeup General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 66

File: jsveloursummer.png (287KB, 450x476px) Image search: [Google]
jsveloursummer.png
287KB, 450x476px
Old thread is long dead.

JS summer collection dropped today. Anyone spend their shekels on this? I bought one for a cosplay.
>>
File: Virginitysm_grande.jpg (28KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Virginitysm_grande.jpg
28KB, 600x600px
>>9110185
I picked one up (virginity for those who care)! Tbh his lipsticks are not that comfortable to wear (Aromi's liquid lip feels much nicer), but they have great coverage look great on especially in pictures!
>>
File: nudebeach.jpg (30KB, 456x446px) Image search: [Google]
nudebeach.jpg
30KB, 456x446px
Drama or no drama I don't wanna spend 18 bux.

Dupes for nude beach?
>>
I'm 22 and I still have trouble with makeup
What's the best look for a young/natural face that will look good in photos?
>>
>>9110258
Foundation, nude lip color, and a light touch of blush so that you don't look dead.

You can't go wrong with those three basics for a natural look.

>>9110244 is an example of a peachy nude lip but there are lots of nudes out there.
>>
how do i get better at makeup without years of looking like shit from poor application? seriously i've tried to follow tutorials and bought good products i just suck at applying it
>>
>>9110263
Practice, practice, practice. There's a reason why you can't get licensed as a pro MUA without having over 300 hours of schooling in most states (assuming you live in the US). The more you practice, the better you'll become! It helps you refine your techniques, and figure out how to best work with your face shape and personal style.
>>
File: D25-CDLIPSTICK-JO-2.jpg (193KB, 960x1515px) Image search: [Google]
D25-CDLIPSTICK-JO-2.jpg
193KB, 960x1515px
I knew about Pinky Paradise's circle lenses (lol who doesn't?) but I didn't know about the Candy Doll cosmetics they sell until recently. Any gulls have personal experience with them, especially pic related?

>>9110265
>Fuck Lime Crime

Yup, and just in case people need more proof: http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/2015/ucm456525.htm
>>
>>9110258
If you're having trouble with picking a good foundation instead maybe start smaller with some basics?

Choose a concealer in a shade that'll be good for under eyes, problem spots and small areas of discoloration. Set with a translucent powder and add a touch of blush. Then you can choose to use mascara (try looking for reviews for one that doesn't clump and flake) and a lip tint.

Honestly, that's what I do for my day-to-day, and it requires the least amount of experience/maintenance.

The products I use:

NARS - Radiant Creamy Concealer
Laura Mercier - Translucent Loose Setting Powder
NARS - Blush
DIOR - Maximizer 3D Triple volume plumping lash primer
Benetint - Cheek & Lip Stain

I don't remember what mascara I use, pretty sure it's a drug store brand, but my Dior eyelash primer is brilliant.
>>
>>9110263
If you have Sephora brands or there's a department store counter whose employees have great makeup you could book an appointment and bring your stash.
>>
>>9110263
Tutorials aren't bad but you really need to tailor them to your face. An eyeliner technique on one type of eyelid doesn't always work on another.
Learn about your face shape, eye shape, and skin tone. Buy and apply products that are meant to work with it.
>>
File: tiggered.png (66KB, 164x216px) Image search: [Google]
tiggered.png
66KB, 164x216px
Holy fucking shit this isn't a /pol/ thread.

Post about makeup.

>>9110244 and >>9110276 have unanswered questions, too.
>>
Copy-paste from last thread, pardon me:
>Has anybody here tried Glossier's boy brow? I love some of the other stuff I have from them, but I have pretty sparse, patchy eyebrows and I'm not sure if it'll work for me. Right now, I just use the Anastasiya(sp?) brow pomade, which is awesome, but filling in your eyebrows when you have limited time to spare in the morning is kind of a pain in the ass.
>>
File: BB_Carousel_4.jpg (46KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
BB_Carousel_4.jpg
46KB, 600x800px
>>9110363
Gah, dropped my pic
>>
Let's talk about makeup
>>
Not too sure why the janitor pruned stuff that had to do with makeup companies (the topic of this thread!).
>>
>>9110470
Probably because it isn't jfash or cosplay related. Also it's a new janitor so they're abusing their power for sure.
>>
File: liptint.png (184KB, 432x299px) Image search: [Google]
liptint.png
184KB, 432x299px
Would I be risking bodily harm if I didn't peel off a Korean lip tint?

I want the full color payoff, not just the tint left behind. Walking around with shiny bright orange lips appeals to me.

Pic is from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv-Gs3Z5AvU if you're curious.
>>
>>9110476
Might as well delete the whole thread then.
>>
>>9110470
Too much potential for off-topic drama, probably? Thread could get too derailed with the racism debate and whatever else.

>>9110479
But anon... why not just get an orange lipstick?
>>
>>9110479
Why wouldn't you just buy an orange lipstick or gloss then?

Anything you can peel off shouldn't just sit there on your skin
>>
>>9110483
>>9110484

Could either of you recommend one that looks that good?
>>
File: IMG_20160722_090307.jpg (128KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160722_090307.jpg
128KB, 750x750px
>>9110244
>>
>>9110489
I'm really into Nyx Liquid Suede lipsticks, they're a little drying but when I apply balm before using them I'm fine. They have two orange shades, maybe look into them. The lasting power is amazing.
>>
>>9110479
I have this. The dried-on solid tint does not look good, trust me. Try Urban Decay's Punch Drunk lip gloss instead.
>>
>>9110493
Any for Virginity?
>>
>>9110503
ah nvm used the sauce
>>
File: download (4).jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
4KB, 225x225px
I have nearly ghostly levels of whiteness (my back is burned to a crisp from being on a boat for 3 hours long even with 2 coats of sunscreen, kek) and am also a makeup newbie/poorfag so I'm extremely reliant on pic related in Fair (even that is a bit too dark for me, but I can usually blend it well and really only use it to mask redness and even my skin out). Thing is, I LOVE having a BB cream with sunscreen, but with cons coming up in need something that has SPF, won't create a sheen on my face in pictures, is VERY fair, and isn't $50 a bottle. Any reccs?
>>
File: Tarot_1024x1024.jpg (89KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Tarot_1024x1024.jpg
89KB, 1024x1024px
>>9110479
Colourpop just came out with their ultra glossy lip collection and there's three orange shades.
>>
File: s1704279-main-Lhero.jpg (39KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
s1704279-main-Lhero.jpg
39KB, 450x450px
>>9110502
Next time I'm at Sephora I'll try this out. Thanks for the suggestion, anon.
>>
>>9110493
Is Nyx really that cheap in the US? I feel like I'm being swindled
>>
>>9110587
Yes. It's actually the 2nd cheapest drug store brand right after Jordana or if the store has its own brand. I'm surprised every time I see it in Douglas.
>>
Let's do some questions to get this thread going:
>What/how much do you wear on a daily basis (if any)?
>(If you wear lolita or another jfashion): What/how much do you wear with your coords?
>Favorite drugstore/bargain products?
>Favorite mid to high end products?
>Favorite Asian products (of any price tier)?
>Favorite tools?
>>
Are Nyx cruelty free, since they've been bought out by Loreal? I think they're still on the PETA list. But aren't their cosmetics being produced and sold in China?
>>
Just purely on the quality of the beauty killer palette as people were discussing it in deleted posts and it's actually make up related.

I have this palette as well as 3 of his liquid lips and a highlighter and out of the 3 different products I have to say the eye shadows fall flat. more or less from worst to best and including a comparison to shadows I already owned that are similar.

>Rich bitch, gold shade; terrribble, seriously flaky, applies terribly, doesn't last. Swatches well though.
>Just get sugarpill's goldilux instead, pretty much any gold would be better than this.

>Princess, pink/lilac; It's pretty but I wish it was more pigmented but I am also very pale so there is not much contrast between this and my skin, a touch too dark for a brow highlight but its a bit too sheer and under pigmented for a lid colour. might work better on darker skin. Blends well with outer colours for a frosted finish though.
>No comparable shade except for the first shade in mua luxe palette in paradise that I haven't really used yet and they're not that comparable.

>Expensive, shimmer blue; bit meh, takes a bit to build up colour and doesn't apply that well.
>Bodyshop's something blue, has a gold shimmer but when I built one of each up on my eyes they looked surprisingly similar but the body shop had a better formula.

>China white, off white: good as a base, a bit powdery, too dark and sheer (colour doesn't build) to be a matte highlight for me though unfortunately. makes me think he actually made this to be a base but I like to have a highlighting shade in a palette.
>Pretty much the lightest shade in any large palette, if I compared it to an actual white, like tako by sugarpill, my favourite browhighlighting/base eyeshadow, chine white is miles and miles behind.

1/3
>>
>>9110616
>Confession, metallic under saturated red; Its okay, very creamy and blends well but the pigment and end colour is nothing amazing. You can make this colour work well though, like mixed with Vanity under eye for a really dramatic look
>Sugarpill's asylum, very similar, asylum is a more saturated red, but when applied also looses some vibrancy, pretty much just a pressed version of this but

>Star power, hot pink; pretty good for a florescent shade but a pit of fall out and can take a big to work up strong colour.
>Nyx primal colours in pink, nyx is more chalky and has more fall out.

>Black rainbow, black with multi coloured reflects; Really nice, builds well, blends well, nice overall finish even by itself, but it does have a fair bit of all out.
>basically sugarpill's stella pressed, which I like but with less shimmer and glitter that you can't work up as much.

>Courtney, nude transition shade; Pretty nice, blends better than drug store but not quite too faced quality, no fall out and good pigmentation.
>none all that comparable as I don't usually wear nudes this warm, sorry.

>Vanity, deep plum; best shade, blends well, no fall out just a good formula.
>again I have no shade like this

2/2
>>
>>9110617
haven't used enough to give a proper review:
>Violence, purple with blue shimmer; I haven't really used this one because I don't wear purple. seems very sheer like princess, I'm not sure if it builds though.
>toofaced holiday palette from last year in provence (the black book) has larger blue reflects than violence, haven't used either much as I don't wear purple.

Overall, I do regret buying this palette as I have a lot of similar shades already and this palette's formula isn't really stepping it up from them as I hoped it would. If however you are just getting into weirder colours this is probably a good palette for initiating yourself. i ended up paying around $65-70 aud for this so it is still similar in price as too faced palettes here but the quality isn't as high but I do like unique palettes so I'm not all that disappoint, its still pretty okay over all and cohesive enough. The mirror is good and the packaging is pretty.
>>
>>9110605
I don't wear make up on a daily basis as I work in a kitchen as a cleaner so make up feels gross to wear and I'm always wiping my face. if I am going to uni or out with friends though the day though I'll wear, primer, foundation, under eye concealer, blush, powder/powder foundation, eyeshadow and eyeshadow primer, mascara, usually eyeliner but I don't tight line or fill in my water line usually, brow powder and grow tint, then a lip colour of some sort and setting spray.
>(If you wear lolita or another jfashion): What/how much do you wear with your coords?
basically the same as above but with circle lenses and fake lashes and I just over all apply it differently to suit the coord
if sleek counts then their rose gold blush is super nice, very similar to nars orgasm, and their solstice highlighting palette is very nice, and I have two of their eyeshadow palettes that are very nice too, their shimmer shades are great. If not then I like nyx's baked blushes, australis's mineral lipcolours/glosses which just got discontinued so if any australian anons see it at priceline for $4 still I'd suggesting getting one, the pout paste is good too.
suagrpill's tako, goldilux, penelope and love+ are my favourite shades from them, all amazing quality, I just got the cold chemistry palette too and soot and stars seems amazing.
heroine lashes are crazy. I hate having to but the effort in to remove it but I appreciate the strong formula.
>Favorite tools?
My nude my nature kabuki is my favourite all over face brush, and one of their flat eye shadow brushes from a set (so it doesn't have a number and I've thrown out the packaging) is great for depositing colour.
>>
>>9110611
They say they still are but since they were bought they started to sell their products in China, which requires animal testing. It's a bit difficult to find some straight info online if anybody else knows anything.
>>
>>9110641
That's what I thought, anon. From what I gather cosmetic companies can still be "cruelty free", whilst selling their products in China. As China can do their own "independent" testing, which isn't directly affiliated with the company. It's really shady.
>>
Any dupes for 714?
I would spend the $18 but I don't want to spend money for shipping to Canada
>>
If you were to assemble a cosplay make up kit (just general products, preferrably, as opposed to specific items from brands), what would it look like?

>Primer
>Sheer coverage foundation/BB cream
>Full coverage foundation
>Concealer
>Contouring palette/shadow
>Translucent, loose powder
>Nude eyeshadow palette
>"full" colour range matte eyeshadow palette
>Brown and white eyeliner pencils
>Black liquid eyeliner
>Black, basic mascara
>Some sort of nude lip tint/lipstick
>Mastix glue
>Liquid latex
>Falsies + lash glue

>>9110258
Light coverage foundation, mascara, a lip tint/lipstick/lipgloss that's a nude or sheer pink. Some rouge maybe.
>>
>>9110587
I'm guessing you're Australian?
>>
>>9110649
Ahh, I see. I was trying to figure out how exactly that worked. That does sound shady and DESU, I'm really disappointed to hear they've been bought by L'oreal and aren't really completely cruelty free anymore.
>>
>>9110693
I've so far only done pretty basic cosplay but I think your set is slightly overkill for most cosplayers

>primer
>either a BB cream OR full coverage depending on skin type and personal preference
>concealer
>setting powder
>eyeshadow palette with an ok range of colours, rainbow + nude + black and white
>black, brown and white eyeliner - brown and white in pencil, black in form of choice
>mascara
>if female: few basic lipstick colours - pink, red, brown, maybe purple (though this might be better bought individually per cosplay), if male just nude and brown might be fine
>if female and cosplaying anime/most fancier things: false lashes and glue
I'd personally also throw in blush just since it's common in a lot of media, though I don't know if you counted that in your contouring deal
also, >skincare products because greasy acne filled faces have way lower chances of looking good in cosplay
>>
>>9110618
Honestly, as much as I absolutely love Jeffree Star's lipsticks (and I'm keeping them despite the drama because I love them too much), I thought his eyeshadow palette looked very cheap and almost drugstore quality, even from the stock photos and videos. Glad you made a review of this.
>>
>>9110546
It's a little over $50 a bottle but well worth every dollar. It's light and covers acne like a charm.

http://m.sephora.com/product/P393135

It's technically a foundation but I prefer this to any BB or CC cream.
>>
>>9110802
Would you be willing to do a lipstick review?
>>
So I'm newer to make-up such as foundation and concealer, I'm still figuring out what's the difference between bb and cc cream. But I'm 22 and come to a point in my life where I want to try that kind of make-up. Mostly because dark circles under my eyes and crows feet and generally pale (i.e veins showing). I was wondering though, would there be much of a difference if I only used an eye brightener on my eyes as opposed to concealer/foundation? I don't really have bad acne or anything and it's mostly just my eyes I care about.
>>
File: 1460136032969.jpg (41KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1460136032969.jpg
41KB, 480x640px
>>9110362
Anon shhhh. Its ok /pol/ isnt here thats just normal information on the related topic of this thread. Here have a puppy pic
>>
>>9110955
>not checking the archives
>>
What is your favorite pore-smoothing primer, anons? I've heard good things about Etude House's Beauty Face Blur, but I'd like to hear what you anons use. I'd usually opt for Chanel since most of my base makeup is by them, but their primer isn't for smoothing out pores.

>>9110605
A lot. I enjoy doing makeup, and my skin is really pale so all the redness and veins show through super well without makeup. I go for a full face makeup every day: Color corrector, concealer, BB cream, powder, eyeshadow, liquid eyeliner, mascara, eyebrow color, highlight, setting spray. I use blush and lip products occasionally but not every day.
I wear larme and sometimes casual pastel fashions. Base makeup is the same, but I change eyeshadow, blush colors & highlight intensity depending on the mood and coord.
I rarely buy drugstore/bargain, but Etude House is cheap (tho not drugstore), and their eyeshadow primer is my favorite.
Everything Chanel makes are my absolute favorites. I use their concealer, loose powder and a couple eyeshadows daily. Also Dior lip glosses, and Too Faced eyeshadow/blushes.
Missha M signature real BB cream, Berrisom tattoo lip tint, Etude House eyeshadow primer, Etude House Baby Choux Base, and Dolly Wink lashes in number 16 are my go-to products.
>Favorite tools?
I'm cheap and basic when it comes to tools. I just use Beauty Blender and cheap-as-fuck brushes.
>>
>>9111011
I have and use etude house's face blur, but it's really meh in my opinion for covering pores. it has a nice brightening effect, but it doesn't do anything if you have particular large pores or anything like pitted acne scars. I've tried patting it in, swirling it in with a brush to "fill" the pore, using a beauty blender, and I still get virtually no coverage from it.

I also have a sample of tarte's clean slate 12-hour primer and that doesn't do much for me either. the only primer that kind of worked for me was DHC's velvet skin coat.
>>
>>9110793
pretty sure they were asking what brands of makeup everyone would have
>>
>>9110618
Thanks for the review, anon. I was thinking about getting the palette but it really does look a bit shit in the photos and this just put me off it entirely. Guess I'll stick to lipsticks.
>>
>>9110833
You don't have to use any full-face stuff if you just want to cover your eyes. Invest in a good eye cream and brightener. Get a bunch of samples and see what works for you.
>>
I know a lot of people say you need to wear foundation for cosplay/lolita, but every single foundation I try feels really gross and awful on my face. and makes my skin patchy and dry.
I've tried every regular brand, and a lot in the $20-80, but I'm not sure I want to spend any more money trying to find something I don't like wearing and my skin is fine without.
My skin is is fine and soft, but as soon as I put on a foundation it gets dry and cakey and usually breaks out.
Any tips?
>>
>>9111106
Would also like some tips as well. I'm literally terrified of foundation and concealer because it breaks me out bad and the break out can last a while too before it goes away.
>>
>>9111106
A primer helps with the dry/patchy thing, at least for me.

Have you tried different kinds of foundations? I was kind of similar for a while because the only foundations I was using were cake or liquid, which made me feel sticky. I switched over to powder and it's much more tolerable.
>>
>>9111106

Don't use foundation without primer. If you don't like a multi step process, Asian be cream is better. More moisturizing and gives a dewy look.
>>
KVD should just rename her contouring palette to "Shade" like.
Excited for all the new JS stuff ngl, got that Mediterranean skin that loves brights.
Been falling in love with Revlon Colourstay foundation recently, got it to replace my MAC (was oxidising too quickly for me) and, fair play, it's almost as good.
>>
>>9111105
Thank you very much anon.
>>
>>9111106
Try a primer, use BB cream, use a sponge to apply it (don't forget to wet the sponge beforehand), mix foundation with face cream to make it lighter, if you have redness/dull skin try a CC cream instead.
That's all I have that might help you, if nothing works try using concealer and setting powder instead of a full face of foundation. It won't look as even but it'll get rid of any blemishes and you can always shoop it better. Nasty cracked foundation sucks and tends to look worse than a bare face in pictures.
>>
>>9110818
Not the same anon but I have a few of the jeffree star lipsticks and I'm willing to review them
Inb4 drama. I really don't give a fuck about the personal lives of makeup brand owners and I wish they would keep that shit to themselves.
> abused
I love the color and the coverage is great but I find that I have to re do it after a few hours because it comes off the corners of my mouth. It also takes a really long time to dry for some reason. In fact, when I first got it, out it would set at all and I was about to be really pissed but I gave a very good shake and it took care of that problem.
> I'm nude
Probably the best one I own. It's very comfortable and has great coverage and staying power
> breakfast at tiffanys
I love this color and I wear it all the time, but it's a bit drying, but I find this to be a problem with a lot of pastel shades, even with other brands
> weirdo
My favorite black lipstick but also takes a long time to dry. Otherwise, fairly comfortable. Of the black lipsticks i have, this one is the darkest

Over all I really like the quality of Jeffree stars lipsticks. I have a hard time liking matte lipsticks because they just won't stay on my mouth for whatever reason. They always flake off my lips, no matter how much/little I use or how much balm and primer I use underneath so I chalked it up to a personal issue, but this brand does this to me the least.
I also have a fair amount of lime crime velvetines and colourpop products I'd be willing to review if anyone is interested.
>>
Any tips on picking a good foundation? I have combination skin, so my nose is extremely oily but my cheeks are very dry so everything I've ever tried slips off my nose after about 5 minutes and flakes off my cheeks after a couple hours so it always looks stupid on me and overall I've given up on wearing it
>>
File: bunnybar.jpg (49KB, 495x500px) Image search: [Google]
bunnybar.jpg
49KB, 495x500px
How do anons feel about Tony Moly lip bars?
>>
>>9111590
you should pick up good skincare to help your flaking problems and dry skin! a foundation will only exaggerate skin problems.
>>
>>9110955
There were about fifty drama posts in this thread when that was posted, which have since been deleted. Had you scrolled down a little more before making this asinine reply, you'd see people reacting to the deletion and maybe, just maybe, you would have put two and two together. :^)
>>
>>9110659
Personally, in this selection, I'd go with Colourpop.
>>
>>9110546
I actually just recently did a whole multi haul thing with different brands to try out new concealers and foundations since I had the money. The elf BB cream in fair and their duo highlighter/concealer has GOT to be my fucking favorite of everything I got. A little light pat of my M.A.C. foundation powder as a setting afterwards and holy shit. My face looks photoshopped. Ive been using these for the past three weeks now because of it. I don't like much at all by elf, but their pale blush, this BB cream, and the duo thing are 100% must haves for me until I run out and want to try a whole bunch of other stuff again.

I apply it with a wet beauty blender and dab which helps reduce the look of dry skin [which I have, but I also put Aveeno day cream on too which works wonders]. Then apply the concealer and dab at that under my eyes, middle of my forehead where I get red, and on the sides of my nose. I go down my nose, under my brows, cupid, and tops of my cheeks with the highlighter part because patting [not swirling and dusting around powder, thats not good to do. You want to lay powder in the direction your little baby baby face hairs grow which is usually down, so very lightly pat with barely any product, just enough to set, in downward motions] my M.A.C. powder. I like putting the highlighter under it from the duo thing because it gives shine through and make it look dewy.
>>
Hey! I'm really needing to update my con make-up kit, having previously lived in a small town w/ only drugstores to buy makeup at, and I now have access to an Ulta and a Sephora. What brands have the best eyeshadow palettes? I'm looking for a neutral/nude pallet, and one with bright/bold colors.
>>
>>9111778
I swear by Naked 3 for nudes
>>
>>9111113
Primer ends up making my foundation patchy after an hour. I also have dry skin that gets oily super fast and it's annoying. I end up using a light amount of primer with concealer and then apply foundation with powder over it.
>>
>>9111106
If you're having trouble finding a good product, ask your local Ulta or Sephora for a few sample bottles. That way you have enough to play with it at home and it'll save you money because you won't be buying a bunch of products that end up sucking.
>>
>>9111778
The Urban Decay Gwen Stefani eyeshadow palette is flawless. And it has a few bright colours in it as well. In addition to the colours being a great selection, the mirror in the palette is probably the best out of all my different brands of palettes.
>>
>>9111595
Kinda strongly scented, with a peachy scent. No miracle colour payoff, moderately moisturising, makes my throat itch a little bit when I use it, but seriously cute. I keep it on my desk at work because of that. I usually prefer a more heavy-duty lip balm though.
>>
>>9111820
Try using a setting spray, and maybe applying powder very, very lightly on your oily areas.
>>
Any recommendations for palettes that have bright pastels and bright fun colors for jfashion in general? I only find nudes all over the place and those won't match as well when going for an ott look.
>>
File: tan.png (442KB, 597x373px) Image search: [Google]
tan.png
442KB, 597x373px
I'm deathly pale and I want a golden tan for the summer. I tan well but I don't want to age, so I'm looking into fake tans.

What is the best fake tan that:
>doesn't streak
>doesn't look like disease when fading/peel off
>isn't orange
>doesn't smell bad
>can last well when sweating

I do a lot of exercise so I'd love something that stays on quite well through all the sweat and friction.

I heard about Coco Brown but apparently it wipes off easily.

Pic related, left is my skin tone, right is how tan I want to be

Thanks!!
>>
>>9111595
They're good if you want a little more colour, quite sheer, and good for motorization. I did get the angry bunny only because I thought it was the cutest, though.
>>
>>9111836
Inglot, you can create your own palette
>>
>>9111778
Urban Decay's Electric palette is AWESOME for bright colors.
>>
>>9111870
*moisturization sorry I'm a dumbass with autocorrect
>>
>>9110818
I have Blue Velvet, Androgyny, and Unicorn Blood.
> Blue Velvet
This is one of my favorite lipsticks of all time. I've gotten so many compliments for it. It's absolutely true to color, and it's SUPER pigmented. This actually stays on longer than most lipsticks I own - if I wear it all day, I only have to reapply it once near the very inside of my lips.
> Androgyny
Honestly, I was expecting more out of it since it was one of his most popular shades (it's constantly sold out on the website, but when JS announced he was gonna restocked it, I waited until the exact time he announced the restock for and grabbed it). However, I'm slightly disappointed with it. It's not because of the quality, but it turns out that some of the nude shades I already own were very similar to this (*cough Kat Von D lipstick in Lolita*). You're better off getting a cheaper dupe.
> Unicorn Blood
The smell on mine is very... unusual? I don't know how to describe it. It's also a slightly thinner consistency than the other two shades I own. I've had more of a problem with this lipstick coming off than the other liquid lipsticks I own from him though, which is a shame since it's a beautiful shade.

Overall, I really love his lipsticks. They're super pigmented - a little goes a long way. I like to rub the excess lipstick off the wand onto the inside of the tube before applying, and that'll be enough to cover my entire lips. The downside is that if your lips are dry or chapped, the lipstick will really show it. Make sure you exfoliate and really moisturize your lips before applying it. It's also highly recommended to apply lip liner before applying the liquid lipstick, especially Unicorn Blood. (Personally, I've found that I don't have to apply lip liner for Blue Velvet, but that's just me)
>>
>>9111885
I also forgot to add that Androgyny doesn't show up very well on me personally, and I have fair to tan skin. It'd look better if your skin was lighter.
>>
>>9111113
seconding this anon, powder all the way.

I never war liquid foundation anymore, and my skin thanks me for it. Its good for some people but certainly wasnt for me.
>>
>>9111778
Seconding >>9111779 and >>9111877
I use Naked 3 for my daily makeup - although keep in mind I'm about an NC10. I also have the Naked 1, but I bbelieve it would work better for someone at least a bit darker than me.

I purchase the Electric Palette for a cosplay and I'm blown away by the pigmentation. The shadows are very easy to blend and they last all day for me (although I use Too Faced eyeshadow primer). I really recommend this to anyone who might need some bright shadows in their collection.

I love every Too Faced palette I've ever purchased, though. They are by far my favourite brand to purchase eyeshadows from - I find they have less fallout and are easier to work with than UD shadows.
>>
>>9111938
if you're pale and pink/cool toned, naked 3 is great. if you're pale and yellow or neutral toned, naked 2 is a better choice. I'm slightly yellow toned and the rosy pinks from naked 3 made me look tired. naked 2 also has a matte taupe and matte black, both are good staples for traveling to cons. I use the taupe color in the palette to fill in my brows and the black to line my eyes when I'm in a hurry.

also, check out the real techniques blending sponge, it's a great beautyblender dupe and I like that it has a flat edge.
>>
>>9111595
I have two, they're nice for wearing on warmer days when you still want color on your lips, but don't want to wear anything heavy.
>>
>>9110546
why don't you just fucking get an Asian BB cream?
>>
>>9110605
>What/how much do you wear on a daily basis
I wear make-up about 4-5 days of the week. The minimum will be concealer+foundation, setting powder, blush, maybe a bit of shimmer highlight, mascara, and chapstick. I'll wear more things depending on how much time I have, the occasion, and the weather
Colour Pop, Nyx, BH Cosmetics, Maybelline, LA Girl, Physicians Formula, Milani, The Balm
Kat Von D, MAC, Benefit, Nars, Too Faced
Tony Moly
>Favorite tools?
Beauty Blender, fan brush, blending brush, q-tips, spooly brush
>>
>>9110693
>If you were to assemble a cosplay make up kit (just general products, preferably, as opposed to specific items from brands), what would it look like?
Primer
Concealer and foundation
Contour and highlight
Blackest god damn liquid eyeliner ever
Any other color eyeliners based on character
Eyelashes of various styles
Lip scrub
Setting powder
Liquid latex (and remover) as well as wax eyebrow cover
Mascara and eyelash curler and tweezers
100 color eyeshadow pallette
chapstick, lip gloss, whatever needed lipstick
Setting spray and blot papers
14 set brushset. Beauty blender and cleaner
>>
>>9111595
I love these, desu. Very subtle color shows up even though I don't have super pink lips. I like the scent and it leaves my lips moisturized. Plus they're super cute. I love getting these as little gifts for my friends.
>>
>>9112349
>100 color eyeshadow palette
anon... doesn't that seem a little excessive?
>>
I'm not new to makeup by any means but I've been adding more to my collection and a friend gave me a palette of nudes she'd never used.
My question is, what is the point of nude eyeshadow? I've watched people apply it and it either doesn't look remotely nude (why call it nude??) or looks the same as before they applied it.
I'm just really confused about contemporary makeup trends like caterpillar eyebrows and obsessions with having a nudes palette with 20 shades of cream/brown. Are there really people who use all of that? Why is it such a big deal?
>>
>>9112460
To my understanding, they're good for accentuating features without the OTT-ness of other colors.
Because everyone's skin is some shade of brown, they're also good for pretty much any skin tone.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
just got watermelon soda today! super pigmented and smells so good
>>
>>9112460
>I'm not new to makeup
>why would anyone wear nude eyeshadow
So do you wear blue eyeshadow and bright pink lipstick all the time?

But generally people do it to add depth to their eye makeup, especially with eyeliner. Or to add a subtle shimmer without using unnatural colors or chunky glitter.
>>
What's a good eyeshadow palette for a newbie? I got some free ones from my mom but they're absolute garbage so I don't even want to use them. I've heard NYX is good & inexpensive. I just don't want to throw down money on an expensive palette only to waste it.
>>
>>9112539
naked pallets are a good first neutral palette. I like 3 the best
>>
>>9111863
That tan looks hella gross don't do it Anon
>>
>>9110605

Usually concealer powder foundation and a smidge of eye liner is my bare minimum. Though some times I'll skip the eye liner. If I'm going out for a full day I dab on a bit of blush some eyeshadow and mascara too. And lipstick depending on the day.

About the same as normal I just tend to change up my usual colors. Probably the only addition is false lashes.

Daiso false lashes. God so cheap but good quality still.

My go to's are Benefit (though less and less these days), Too Faced and Bare Minerals. I get my lipsticks from Bare as well as my eyeshadow loose powders, my foundation from Benefit as well as mascara, and eyeshadow pallets galore from Too Faced.

Eye liner in general. A few brands love it but I LOVE the like combination of liquid and pen eyeliners. So easy to use and put on and give the dramatic effect of liquid liner with out fussing with a brush.

>Favorite tools?
Eyelash application tool, makes my life easier.
>>
>>9111885
unicorn blood also has a strange scent for me too! it isn't bad, it's just different than the other shades i want by him. i really want androgyny, but im gonna get stingraye from coloupop cause its an exact color dupe
>>
>>9111863
Nothing you can buy in drugstores. If you're that pale most fake tan will be very orange on you, a light spray tan is gonna be better.

>>9112539
NYX is pretty good to get started with.
>>
>>9110479
The Berrisum peel off lip tint starts to curl and shrivel up as it dries (this makes it easier to peel and remove) so it definitely won't stay looking like that. That's just not the point of a lip tint.
>>
Thank god for this thread, I have something to ask you anons.

I'm warm-toned and I have brown skin. Since my Shany All-in-one masterpiece is about to be 3 years old, I have recently bought the TF and UD palettes as late birthday presents for me and I love both of them.

Is it too much of me to keep both, should I return any of them if it's too much? or should I continue to love them together?

I'm thinking of throwing away my old Shany masterpiece and buying the Coastal Scents 252 Palette when Black Friday arrives, am I keeping too many eyeshadow palettes?
>>
>>9110818
I’m the same person as >>9110618 and am just weighing in on the lip sticks as well.

>unicorn blood
As other people have said it has a bit of a strange scent, more so than the other shades, I know its supposed to be root beer or something and I don't know what that really smells like but I don’t love it, fortunately you can't really smell it dry. Also as other people have said a little goes a really long way with this shade, it is thin but its so full coverage one super thin layer is completely opaque and I never get streaks.
>rose matter
My favourite shade that I own. Also fully opaque, seems to have the best staying power again no streaks.
>Manniquin
Least favouite shade just because its too cool toned for me. It like the others has great coverage but I've only worn this once and and after a few hours it looked like it may have oxidized a fair amount.

On them in generally I love the doe foot applicator, it makes it super easy to apply. I'm able to wear all of them without lip liner even when I over draw my lips. I've also found that even after it mattes down if I then don’t touch my lips for about an hour I can drink all night without it coming off but if I start only about 15 minutes after I apply it it comes off a lot easier and I have to reapply. Over all I really like them and would purchase more in the future.
>>
>>9112791
If you're going to only keep one palette, keep the TF chocolate bar one. It's got more colours, and more variety for looks. The blendability is also superior to that particular UD palette imo
>>
>>9111011
Innisfree's No Sebum Primer is nice. It really works best under a good foundation rather than a BB/CC cushion.
>>
I was hoping to get some advice. I recently bought a new foundation since my Dior one run out, I ended up choosing a way cheaper one and now I kind of regret it because it makes my skin look shinny, I don't know if I'm making myself clear here, but is there anyway I could somehow fix it, any trick I could use or something? Or should I just throw it away and get a new one?
>>
>>9112837
Try a matte powder over the top?
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 700x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 700x420px
>>9110605
Currently, I wear it almost on a daily basis, especially at work to look slightly older (I work at a liquor store, and without it, I'd look like I'm still in middle school). I'll wear it sometimes during school, but since I'm in college, I usually end up only wearing it a few times a month because I'm more concerned about my academics.
I wear makeup in lolita all the time. Usually, I tend to go a bit more OTT with lolita makeup (I'll wear fake eyelashes and incorporate rhinestones into my makeup), but if it's for a casual meet, then I'll go with my daily makeup.
NYX. It's the only drugstore brand I use.
Urban Decay, Jeffree Star, and Anastasia Beverly Hills. Lately, I bought ABH's Modern Renaissance palette. I can do a review of it if anyone is curious.
Honestly, the only Asian product I use is Dollywink's fake eyelashes. I also use an eyelash glue I picked up from my local Japanese market as well.
>Favorite tools?
Beauty blender and oval brushes (pic related).

Speaking of which, any recommendations for beauty blender dupes? I really don't feel like spending $20 for a sponge from Sephora. Gonna look at >>9112137's recommendation first.
>>
>>9112852
The Real Techniques sponge is really the only semi-comparable dupe for an actual Beauty Blender. I've tried tons from different brands, and it's the next best thing imo. It doesn't last nearly as long as a BB, and it does soak up more product while leaving you with less of an airbrushed finish, but for $6 it's pretty darn good.
>>
>>9112443
NOPE. They're really, really helpful. I got mine off BH Cosmetics and the color pods are pretty small so the pallette isn't too oversized. I can do virtually anything with it, and sometimes you're at cons and your friends are like, "shit, I forgot x,y,z color" and you're like, "No fear, I have a pallette of 100 matte and shimmer shadows." It costs like $11-$20. TRUST ME.
>>
Raising my eyebrows at all the people who rather be pretty than be right.

It's one thing to put money into a huge conglomerate that you can't tell who is really making what and who said what to whom...

Another thing entirely to put money into the pocket of a person recorded on video saying hateful things.

How do you guys justify it? Guess it's ok as long as it doesn't affect you directly.
>>
>>9112942
jeffree star is a bad bitch. he's entertaining. i know from experience i said some dumb racist or even transphobic shit when i was younger and i deeply regret it. i think the internet takes peoples pasts too seriously. i love my jeffree lipsticks, the formula, colors, packaging. i guess it's just personal taste. i also love his personality with others, like when he's with manny, nathan, or nikkietutorials
>>
>>9112956
Except the racist and generally shitty things he;s said weren't just spoken when he was younger. He's still spittin the same hateful rhetoric he always has.
>>
>>9112960
he's defending himself idgaf
>>
File: 1382568760240.png (41KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1382568760240.png
41KB, 640x640px
>>9112942
I'm not a sensitive faggot like you is how.
>>
>>9112791
It depends on what you like. That Chocolate Bar palette is known to be cocoa-infused which is healthier for the skin, but it has more mattes than shimmers. If you're a huge fan of shimmers, then I suggest sticking with the Naked palette, that is if you want to stay with one. Honestly both the Urban Decay and the Too Faced palettes are great. Imo, there aren't that many similar colors, so if you want to mix up a look, then these two can work together. Hope this helped you.
>>
File: 1453263817086.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
1453263817086.gif
2MB, 235x240px
>>9112471
Good choice, anon.
>>
>>9112942
We already had this convo and it was deleted by the janitor. Regardless of your views, this derails the thread and will probably end up being deleted again. I hope the entire thread doesn't end up being deleted since someone just had to bring this shit up a second time.
>>
>>9112443
What other anon said, but also, they're SO USEFUL for quick character tests and SFX make up. You need a sickly green for a bruise? No problem. Purple tint for eyebags? Got it. Want to add some ombre to your lip colour? Just pick and choose man. I've also used them for facepaint in place of using actual bodypaint, just to see what I actually need.

>>9112852
Comparing make up sponges:
https://youtu.be/OU--o-Jtrdk

>>9112942
Jeffree Star is brilliant when it comes to selling himself. He's been a internet celebrity for AGES, and he's always been really good at working with current trends; the way make up trends have been moving towards increasingly dramatic (and especially drag-y) territory works really well with him, and being a gender non-conforming rich guy it's really no wonder he's so huge.

For me personally... I don't know. I don't listen to Chris Brown because it makes me feel nasty, but I still enjoy the works of people who've done worse things than him. I guess I believe in death of the author, even when it comes to products. I'm not really into Jeffree, he's a complete and utter douchebag, but I've definitely been looking into Drug Lord and the jade LE christmas lipstick. I guess I'm annoyed people are acting like this is some brand new information when JS has always been a drama queen who thrives on any kind of attention.

The way he's been handling this drama officially is really impressive just from a publicity standpoint, and I'd almost call him manipulative but that's neither here nor there.
>>
>>9112837
What foundation did you get ? And what was your old Dior one? You might have gotten one with more of a 'glow' or dewy finish, while your Dior one would have been matte.

Anyway, you can lightly apply a finishing powder on top to take the shine away. There are a few different ones from drugstores brands that can do the trick, I think Rimmel has a Stay Matte powder or something. Make sure you don't get powder foundation though, that would make you look cakey.
>>
>>9112972

You clearly are because you responded.
>>
>>9110693
>Face moisturizer (Nivea)
>Primer (Gosh or Isadora)
>BB cream / sheer coverage foundation (Lumene)
>Concealer (MaxFactor)
>Translucent loose powder (NYX)
>Black liquid eyeliner (Gosh or Lumene)
>Blush (Lumene)
>Pink-ish lip tint or lipgloss (Lumene)
>Matte eyeshadow palette for eyebrows (BYS)
>Glossy eyeshadow (Pixi)
>White and black eyeliner pencils
>Mascara
>Top and bottom false lashes and lash glue
>10ish different brushes
>Ton of Q-tips
>Tape and scissors (I'm awful with winged eyeliner so tape does help)
>>
>>9112942
I feel the same when a friend gushes over Lime Crime, there's plenty of other shit out there and it's really easy to google dupes.
>>
>>9112791
If you're enjoying both of them then there's no reason to return either. They have some similar colours but they still have enough differences to justify keeping them. I like the chocolate bar best myself, but I'm a sucker for cute packaging.

Personally I find the giant Coastal Scents palettes overkill, a lot of similar colours and you probably won't even use half of them. If you want bight colours and don't mind spending a bit more for quality, Sugar Pill and Inglot have you covered.
>>
What do you guys think about baking? I feel like it's the newest ~makeup trend~ that beauty gurus on YouTube are all over. Personally, I don't do it because I don't see any practical uses for it.
>>
>>9113281
Its not really much of a new trend but I only do it if I am goibg out clubbing and want a really dramtic full coverage look. I don't see much point in it for every day use, just normally setting your face is enough in my opinion.
>>
>>9113281
yeah i only do it if im going to be wearing makeup completely all day or if im going out to party. i have dry skin so i have to moisturize a lot before, but it makes my skin feel sooo smooth
>>
Top ten essential brushes/applicators?

Matte vs frosted/glossy/sparkly nudes for cosplay?
>>
>>9112460
It's a good way to add a bit of depth and color to the eyes without having to go all out. You'd be surprised at the difference they make, it's like you've made your eyes brighter and bigger and more of a focal point.
Experiment with the palette. If you feel that no matter what you do it's not bright or vivid enough, try using a wet brush to apply them. If your skin tone is right you can even use them to contour your face. Look up how to contour eyes or do a brown smoky eye.
Even if you end up hating it, it was free.
>>
File: eye23.jpg (126KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
eye23.jpg
126KB, 625x625px
>dry as fuck skin with red patches; uneven skin tone
>need full coverage
>currently use Estee Lauder's Double Wear
>gives the coverage with a single layer, but always looks caked on no matter what I do
>always use primer and setting spray, take good care of my skin, etc
>still looks garbage
>feeling pretty bummed
>friend recommends MAC Face and Body
>hesitant because I've bought MAC foundation before and it never seemed to mesh with my skin
>get Face and Body sample, put on like six fucking layers
>holy shit my foundation no longer looks like shit
>even with those six layers it doesn't look remotely caked on

What is this sorcery? I'm gobsmacked. I never thought someone with my skin type would ever get to use light dewy foundation.
>>
>>9114096
I'm surprised too anon, f&b is pretty sheer, but it's meant to be layered and is good for fashion shows and HD photography to look like skin. if you're looking for a foundation that gives a similar effect without having to apply 6 layers, try IT Cosmetics CC cream, Urban Decay Naked Skin, or L'Oreal Infallible Pro Glow foundation. they have good coverage with one or two layers and don't look cakey at all because they give a lightweight, dewy, skin-like finish. a good moisturizing foundation will help with your dry skin whereas the double wear foundation just exaggerates dryness. you could also try a cushion foundation, I recommend Missha, IOPE, or Etude House.
>>
>>9110185
> likes lolita
> has kinks
> knows that kinks and lolita do not go together and have never participated in anything sexual while wearing lolita
> on a kink forum board
> new thread titled "Who likes loli girls" and I click on it because why not
> It's a picture of a pretty e-famous lolita with some past drama
> There's a video of her participating in kink
> I actually like her coords but I don't think she's sexy at all, but video is hot
> Dies a little

/cgl/ sometimes talks about her and I have such secondhand embarrassment about the video that I always close out of the thread or dump pictures until I don't have to see the conversation anymore.....
>>
>>9113281
I bake my T-zone and undereye area with loose powder and it is a miracle for the summer months. I apply the powder with a blending sponge and brush off the excess a few minutes later, use a setting spray, and my makeup wears like iron through really awful humidity and sweat. it's a lifesaver for my combo/oily skin.
>>
>>9114140
Amazing but that has absolutely nothing to do with makeup.
>>
Okay gulls, mascara before falsies, after falsies or not at all?
>>
What are your thoughts on cosplay taping to alter the shape of your face/eyes? It seems to be popular with the Asian cos community, and didn't seem too obstructive when I saw it used in person, but I dunno, it also strikes me as excessive.
>>
>>9114231
I only use mascara because I'm a shit and I get powder all over my lashes. In my experience, it doesn't really affect falsies so it doesn't matter which order you do them.
But that's me.
>>
>>9114231
Before, so you can reuse your falsies (always rinse and sanitize them between uses).
>>
>>9114231
>falsies
I usually do after if I have fallout from eye shadow because I like to curl my lashes after the falsies are applied to blend everything together.
>>
>>9114134
I was also surprised by how sheer it was; after that first layer I was actually going to give up until I saw a few Youtube videos where the reviewers also had to layer it up, heh. Definitely looked more natural than anything else I can remember using.

Think I'm going to give Naked Skin a try, only having to put on a layer or two sounds far more appealing t than slapping on another four on top of those. Thanks for the recommendation!
>>
>>9110546
I'm very fair as well and currently use burts bees bb cream in light and I am very happy with it. It's also less then $20 and can be bought at Target and most drug stores.

Once I've used all of mine I'm considering trying Pacifica's as I've heard really good things.
>>
Any dupes for Androgyny?

My faovrite color, but... I don't really like Jefree
>>
because of the sale, just how light is tartes lightest foundation shades? I'm not going to have time to get to a sephora to swatch and I'm ghostly.
>>
>>9113447
don't have a specific list of top 10s but a few of my favorites:
real techniques blending sponge: it's better than the beautyblender and way cheaper.
ulta beautyblender dupe: also an awesome dupe of the beautyblender, its a bit softer.
ELF studio brushes: the flat top brush and blush brushes are holy grail status for me desu, supposedly their newer brush line is also fantastic
morphe brushes are really popular among youtubers for contouring and eyeshadow. sonia kashuk brushes are target, the ones with black handles, are great. wet n wild just came out a few months ago with really cute white and pink brushes and they're decent but mostly I just like the aesthetic.
>>
>>9110185
Nope, he's a dick and I won't buy his products.
>>
File: sr.png (619KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
sr.png
619KB, 600x600px
>>9114390
lmgtfy
>>
>>9110496
Different anon but I was wondering if they transfer?
>>
File: angel-and-devil_9765.jpg (19KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
angel-and-devil_9765.jpg
19KB, 250x188px
>>9114390
>>9114656

Glad a couple people have basic morals.
>>
>>9114235
If you look super different from the character it's worth looking into.
>>
what are the best "find make up dupes" websites?
>>
>>9114835
dupethat IG page: >>9114660
allintheblush IG page: >>9111742
Also makeup vloggers might sometimes tell you about dupes whenever they review a product.
>>
>>9110546
Mix your foundation with sunscreen to lighten it up
>>
>>9114835
I like temptalia's site for dupes and the foundation database. It's searchable too.
>>
>>9114231
Before. I got blond eyelashes so I have to get mascara thoroughly every lash or else it looks dumb.
>>
>>9110185
>Top ten essential brushes/applicators?
1.beauty blender
2.q tip
3.tweezers
4. Fluffy eyeshadow blending brush
5. Crease brush
6. Big fluffy face brush
7.Spooly brush
8.Angled blush/contour brush
9.Fan brush
10. Small flat concealer brush
>Matte vs frosted/glossy/sparkly nudes for cosplay?
Matte or gloss can never go wrong
>>
>>9114231
I do one coat before and one after. I don't use my hella good mascara. It's just to blend and bind it all together
>>
>>9114231
I use it before. I have really thin lashes to begin with. It's just to allow better blending and I like to reuse them.
>>
>>9112852
Are the oval brushes really worth the money? I've been eyeing them, but they're a little more spendy than I like.
>>
>>9114390
See >>9111885.
>>
>>9114958
I got this exact set off Groupon for $35, and I like it a lot! It's a lot better than dropping $100 for the Artis set. It blends products really quickly and nicely, and it doesn't require as much product as other tools. I like to use these more for face products (foundation, BB cream, cream blush) I actually would have bought another beauty blender by now if I didn't like these so much.
>>
Tips for keeping eyelashes curled? Mine are long and stiff so it's hard for them to hold a curl. I've tried heating my eyelash curler beforehand with a dryer and it seems to help a bit, but after and hour they tend to droop again. I've also tried various mascaras: low-high end, waterproof/non, plumping/volumizing etc. with the waterproof being slightly better.
>>
>>9115253
I have really long, straight lashes that can't hold a curl well either, and I do pic related at least a couple of times before applying mascara, and it makes nearly every formula I've tried work at least a little bit better.
>>
>>9115253
I do the Goss Makeup Artist trick - curl your lashes, then add thin coat of waterproof mascara. Wait until dry, then curl again, then apply another coat. It's a little bit of extra work, but this seems to at least hold a curl for a bit longer.
>>
>>9115388
I do this and it works really well.
>>
>>9114664
lol bitch please I own several JS lipsticks and they're awesome, I don't give a fuck about his personal life. morals are irrelevant, we're all guilty of buying shit from "immoral" people. it's subjective. the dupes are just cheaper and have a different texture.
>>
File: dreamtone.png (46KB, 230x292px) Image search: [Google]
dreamtone.png
46KB, 230x292px
>>9110546
Try mixing your BB cream with pic related.
>>
File: 14275241971_e256b182a2_o.jpg (224KB, 850x563px) Image search: [Google]
14275241971_e256b182a2_o.jpg
224KB, 850x563px
>>9112291
Asian BB creams way are too dark and often too yellow toned (for me at least)

>>9110546
I use this in 010 light porcelain because it's the palest foundation I know. Not a BB but it has some SPF (15) and isn't thick/ heavy. I would always recommend wearing spf 30+ made to be worn under makeup under any cream that isn't at least 30+ though. Wear setting translucent powder to avoid shine, their stay matte pressed powder is ok for a budget. Anything with SPF can looks off in flash photography btw.
>>
>>9115904
I would always recommend wearing SPF 30+ sunscreen under anything that isn't that strong*

Sorry, I re-typed that a few times.
The foundation I posted is also cheap! Blotting papers and setting powder are your friend.
>>
>apply mineral sunscreen to face, neck and chest
>face looks ghostly, neck and chest look normal
>apply usual bb cream to face, no longer as ghostly but face still looks three shades lighter than body
>apply more mineral sunscreen to neck and chest to even it out
>still look like pic related
I never noticed this before because the lighting in my apartment is awful but now I worry that I've been leaving the house looking ridiculous for the past few weeks. What could be causing this difference, /cgl/? Is it the texture of the skin? It kinda feels like my neck just absorbs whatever I smear on it while my face reflects anything and everything. My bb cream actually matches my neck perfectly so you'd think it would help my face and neck blend together, but no.

>>9110546
>>9115904
Have you tried Missha #13? I'm translucent cave fish white and the Signature Real Complete is perfect for me, and more neutral/pink than yellow.
>>
>>9115904
Seconding this foundation. Closests I've found to my colour, even in mecca everything was too dark for me or way too yellow and still a bit too dark. I still add a touch of bodyshops lightening drops to this.
>>
>>9115935
You face is will always, even without makeup, be different from your neck and chest. Its natural. You face is the highest point of your body [meaning your head in general] and it juts out. When wearing clothes, you face is usually the one thing that gets most UV rays while the rest of your body is protected [depending, again, on what you are wearing which makes a difference and so does tanning]. Its not unusual and when people try to match the tones it usually turns out bad.
>>
>>9115793
>lol bitch please

and then everyone realized you are just like him and of course you have no problem with that.
>>
Since there's no skincare general right now, I'm just going to ask here - what would you seagulls recommend for someone with a shitty dry face? I've tried Clinique, Cera Ve, a lot of drugstore, and literally nothing works. My face is always gross and flaky and if it isn't tight and uncomfortable and actually dry, it's still super flaky. What do I do? Nothing seems to work. I'm thinking of getting a luxury moisturizer but I just don't know which. I need something that works. I know that I should probably exfoliate a little but heavily exfoliating makes your face greasy and that's what I need.
>>
>>9118952
Go to Sephora and let them do a skincare analysis on you. They will give you up to 3 free samples, enough to take home and test for a few days and then 3 more after that next visit if you need them. Offhand, I would say you should look into an oil or milky cleanser, a more gentle chemical exfoliant like glycolic acid and not one with grains or particles. Then a serum with a high hyaluronic acid content, then a richer moisture cream. If your body is dry, oatmeal baths can help. Being dry sucks.
>>
>>9118970
Thank you so much, this is so helpful!
>>
>What/how much do you wear on a daily basis (if any)? Since I'm at work quite often, not very much. I usually go all out with the Asian beauty routine though.
>(If you wear lolita or another jfashion):
What/how much do you wear with your coords? Quite a lot, actually. Foundation, concealer, setting powder, eyeshadow, glitter, mascara, some eyeliner, highlighter, and I use the cute eyes maker to make my eyes pop a little.
>Favorite drugstore/bargain products? ELF's smudge pots are to die for. I particularly love Pearls of Wisdom.
>Favorite mid to high end products? Too Faced's Better Than Sex mascara.
>Favorite Asian products (of any price tier)? Definitely Etude House's Cute Eyes Maker. I live for the packaging.
>Favorite tools? I guess my beauty blender? It's saved me from so many streaky foundation terrors.
>>
i know it isn't exactly makeup related but does anyone do much with their nails here? if you've used nail strengtheners, do you feel like it really makes your nail stronger? i stopped using mine because i was suspecting it was drying out my nails and causing them to become a lot more brittle and prone to chipping. it really made them look terrible if i stopped using it. the finished look when using it is nice (i used opi gloss finish) but is it worth using it or does it just ruin your nails like i suspect?
>>
>>9119078
I used to do my nails a lot and yeah, they peeled and chipped so much. I've been going completely without any nail care for the past 5 years or so and they're much stronger on their own.
Maybe those strengtheners are if your nails are naturally shitty?
>>
>>9119120
>they peeled and chipped so much
** with all the nail strengthening products
>>
>>9110605

Just eyeliner/mascara, a little bb cream in certain areas, lipstick. Lipstick is the one thing I feel I need.. I think my face looks washed out w/o some kind of color there. 80% of the time I wear Russian Red by MAC. If I'm lazy I use a red tinted gloss...
The above + eyeshadow, blush, better concealer, foundation (finally found one that works with my skintone), under-eye corrector, eyebrow gel depending on if I wear a wig. More variety with lip color. I wear sweet lolita and I'm getting into larme lately so I try for softer color palettes.
I use drugstore eyeliner and mascara because I can't tell the difference between them and anything nicer really. Revlon's Colorstay liquid eyeliner always worked well for me. I liked NYX lipsticks a lot when I was just getting into wearing them.
MAC lipsticks, Sugarpill eyeshadows (especially the loose dusts), also Too Faced's Chocolate Bon Bons palette lately for softer looks.
Only used Tony Moly.
>Favorite tools?
I just buy brushes that I think look cute. Sugarpill's are my favorite so far.
>>
What's a good toner without aloe in it?
>>
Is the beauty blender worth it?
>>
>>9119150
Witch Hazel

>>9119205
I don't think so, but I don't really like sponges because I think they soak up the product and are harder to get really clean and completely dry in 24 hours before you wet it again. I prefer a flat brush like MAC 190, using soft down/out strokes from the middle of the face for natural look.
>>
>>9119205
I think so. I have a really dry skin so I think it helps my foundation look better and not stick to dry patches
>>
What's the best/most natural way to do male cosplay lips without slathering a fuckton of concealer on? Nude lipstick?
>>
>>9119484
Yeah, please use nude lipstick. The concealer-only thing looks uncanny and creepy.
>>
>>9119484
MAC Lip Erase to just lighten them a little. It isn't greasy like stick concealer and it won't wear away like foundation or fluid concealer. I love this stuff.
>>
>>9119150
Rose water, witch hazel, or a combination of the two.
>>
>>9110605
I don't wear any on the days I work, but on my off days, I usually wear a full face.

E.L.F is pretty much the only drugstore thing I use.

Definitely Kat Von D & Jeffree Star's stuff.

>Favorite tools?
I'm a cheap fuck but I would have to say that ELF's small contour brush is my absolute favorite thing when it comes to blending my eyeshadows, especially when it comes to my crease.
>>
>>9111111
Um I know it's not classy to mention dubs on /cgl/ but...
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
Any good lolita/j-fash makeup for hooded puffy eyes?
The only tutorials I've found where the eyes actually looks like mine is like "do a tiny amount of brown eyeshadow and then mascara"

My eyes are kinda like the ones on the left when I just relax my face.
Tried looking at her video, but in the video her eyes doesn't look like that at all...
>>
>>9110363
I have Boy Brow. It's a really good product, but I'm not sure it would work for sparse brows because it tends to just coat the hairs you already have rather than filling in anything. I'd recommend using a brow pencil as well if you want to use boy brow
>>
>>9112489
How about you don't wear eyeshadow at all?
>>
File: image.jpg (208KB, 747x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208KB, 747x288px
>>9121419
I'm not sure did I understand your problem but eyelid tape could be an option. I suggest watching youtube tutorials to get a point.
>>
>>9121444
it's like shading a drawing. Except the drawing is your face.
>>
Any palette dupes for LC venus? Found a few individual colour dupes but would prefer a palette that has similar shades (especially the reds).

Any suggestion on a lip primer?
>>
>>9121476
There really isn't one. Confirmed because I have Venus and have switched and compared a lot since friends ask. It's hard to even find single dupes. I think it's the only eye palette LC did a great job on. Lip Primer: MAC Prep and Prime Lip. If you want to cancel color to wear a light pink or nude: MAC Lip Erase.
>>
>>9121485
Thanks you your reply anon. I've seen a lot of MUG possible dupes but shipping to my country would make it far more expensive to buy those than the LC palette and they aren't an exact match.

>please no one hold this against me.

Would you say it's worth the price?
>>
>>9121419
I have something similar. I've tried eyelid glue in the past but don't really like how they feel. Basically you just have to take advantage of false lashes and be a bit strategic with your eyeshadow.
>>
>>9121506
Controversy aside and speaking just of the product, I say yes for both quality and unique colors and it does go on sale from time to time. I'm not a fan of MUG shadow quality for the price, especially since MAC single color pro pans are now the same cost as MUG basic colors. I find MUG shadows too muddy in blending.
>>
>>9121419
These eyes don't even look like the same person in the before and and afters, I'd like to see the video link, please or their YouTube name?
>>
>>9121448
Not sure if it would help, but I'll try getting some!
They're not super pricey anyways. Thanks!
>>9121512
Yeah, falsies is pretty much the only time I feel like my eyes look good.. Tips on being "strategic" with eyeshadow? I'm completely awful at it.
>>9121519
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it isn't. Or maybe she's scrunching her eyebrows in the one on the left and raising them in the one on the right, and it's pretty shitty using a pic like that imo, because no makeup is gonna make your crease fucking rise that much
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY9OYj1KwoI
>>
>>9121536
People in her comments are right, she barely has a hooded eye and you'd be better off finding someone with an eye-shape closer to yours.
>>
>>9121536
I don't think that chick knows what a hooded eye even is.
>>
>>9121513
>>9121485
I'm so surprised you actually like the palette for more than just the colour scheme. Me and three of my friends, all with different skin colours and types, have it and it made all of our eyelids break out into rashes. I in particular have never had any negative reaction to a makeup product before, so it was very concerning for me. And all the shades stained our lids! It looked like we had pink eye for days after. Which is hella disappointing because the shadows are all so beautiful, and in rather hard to find shades.
>>9121506
Personally, my friends and I all sold ours because we hated them. I know I personally tried using it several times, even after having a reaction to it the first time, but I tried it with different eyeshadow primers and bases. None of them kept the shadows from both giving me a rash AND staining my skin. If you do buy it, I would look for a secondhand one, and just sanitise the hell out of it. Or buy from another site, like dollskill so you can return it if you want a new one
>>
File: tumblr_n4c5jeNNOB1tqyglio1_400.gif (259KB, 362x480px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4c5jeNNOB1tqyglio1_400.gif
259KB, 362x480px
>bad eyebags and dark circles for a 18yo
>fucking genetics
>can put on a ton of makeup it'll still be there
>makeup always crease and makes it look even more noticeable
>moisturize errday but putting on makeup makes my eye skin look dry on top of wrinkly because of the creasing
Am I doomed to be ugly?
>>
>>9121536
I use a mostly matte neutral brown on my lid and extend it past the crease so that the color is still visible with my eyes open. Sometimes I darken my outer corners a bit, but try to apply it like a cat's eye and pull up at the corners. Depending on your eye shape, you can add shadow on your lower lashline for the droopy eye look. I can try to take a picture later.

Pixiwoo has some good videos for eyeshadow and eyeliner tricks for hooded lids.
>>
>>9121565
Try a richer eye cream at night.
Lighten up on the amount of under-eye product you use if you are getting creasing. you use. Try a salmon color for the darkness. Put on very thinly and pat in with a beauty blender or similar damp sponge, set quickly with finely milled powder like Elf Under-eye setting powder.
>>
>>9121559
I had no reaction or staining but I use a biphasic oily remover for my eyes and lips so it gets almost anything off my pale skin, even things other people say stain them. Buying somewhere with a return policy is always good but I can't get behind buying used makeup.
>>
If any amerifat anyone didn't know the urban decay naked smokey pallet is $27 on sephora and ulta beauty's website. Ulta also has free shipping for the entire purchase if you buy the pallet
>>
I can't post the facebook link so here's all the dupe pics.
>>
>>9121644
>>
>>9121647
>>
>>9121656
>>
>>9121656
Glad to see a Lime Crime dupe, I'm sure this is not the only one. What about some KVD dupes too? I love that formula.
>>
>>9121661
>>
>>9121663
>>
>>9121667
>>
>>9121672
>>
>>9121678
>>
File: mistoe.jpg (79KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
mistoe.jpg
79KB, 640x640px
>>9121680
>>
>>9121688

I hear the NYX colour is not very good. It comes out quite patchy and chalky.
>>
>>9121690
LAX by Colourpop is a great one too
>>
>>9121694
>>
>>9121702

BTW I hear Mother is a slightly darker pink
>>
>>9121707
>>
>>9121713
>>
>>9121717
Echo is a bit brighter and needs 2 coats but is easily build-able. I like it better than Abused.
>>
>>9121717
>>
>>9121728
>>
>>9121730
>>
>>9121735
>>
>>9121737
I hear bae cake by beauty bakerie is a good dupe too
>>
>>9110479
Try NYX's intense butter glosses- they have great color payoff and are super shiny. There's orange shades too
>>
>>9121743
>>
>>9121737
just being honest but a lot of those dupes aren't actually good dupes for the colors, make sure to swatch things in store and check detailed blog posts and youtube videos for accurate color dupes.
>>
>>9121749
>>
>>9121760

Alright last one.

Now if you like one color and can't find it you have back ups. Plus if you just don't want to give skeevy people money you have alternates to look for.
>>
>>9121760
just as an example
embellishment isn't the same color or formula as scorpio and marshmallow is much lighter.
>>
File: Cj4ahkyXEAArLGF.jpg (55KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Cj4ahkyXEAArLGF.jpg
55KB, 600x338px
>>9121760
here are much closer dupes. do your research so you're satisfied with your dupes!
>>
>>9111863
Try the SkinCeuticals Tanning lotion, its a bit pricey but it's completely natural and doesn't feel dry and shitty. I also really like the Gleam body lotions but only when I'm already tan and I just want to glow a little.

>>9114134
The reason that Face & Body is so good for dry skin is because it's water based and doesn't clump up around dry patches like silicone. I really do recommend the Make Up For Ever Face and Body, it had better coverage than MAC and doesn't have all their weird fragrance in it.
>>
>>9121565
What I do:
>moisturise with light, non greasy lotion
>drop of orangey red lip tint on dark circles
>innisfree eye primer
>loreal lumi magique #2 dab in with finger
>loreal dream lumi? Concealer #1 ivory, tiny drop on bottom of dark circles, around tear trough, dab in
>set with it's skin Petit pact (any peachy powder will work)

I've tried countless concealers and they all sucked except for the innisfree primer + loreal. Now I can go all day without creasing.
>>
>>9121549
>>9121550
Yeah, it kinda annoyed me too..
She has pretty good eyes for makeup.
>>9121575
Thanks a bunch anon! If you do a pic I'd be delighted!
>>
>>9121798
>>9121575
Forgot to add; Do you have any eyeshadow pallets you'd recommend?
I really need to invest in a good one. I've been looking at Urban decay Naked and Too faced chocolate bar.
>>
Irl ginger here
How hard would it be to get that cheap spray tanned color without spray tan?
>>
>>9121513
>>9121559
Thanks for the feedback anon. I really appreciate the info. I'm not a fan of second hand makeup but I'll buy from somewhere with a returns policy for sure.

Any thoughts on coastal scents revealed 2 palette? It has some similar colours but I'm unsure of the quality.
>>
>>9121803
NAYRT but I have both of these and they are both really nice but if I had to choose just one, I would get the original Chocolate Bar because it has more highlight and a good combination of mattes and shimmers.
>>
>>9121766
Thanks so much for all of these, anon, I'll get some of the KVD colors.
>>
On mobile so I don't really have a relevant picture to upload to grab attention, but what do you guys think of Black Moon Cosmetics? Their metallic lip products look nice but I'm tempted to go with Makeup Monsters for the sake of a workable metallic.

More of a preference of what wears well as opposed to color in my case.
>>
Sorry if I missed it... But Americans can get UD naked smokey palette for $27 at ulta and Sephora today only. Free shipping on whole purchase at ulta if you buy it
>>
>>9121587
>>9122077
Are you done advertising?
>>
Anyone tried Etude House's Juice Bar palette? Been considering buyin' it, since it's a great price, but I can't tell if it has good pigment or longevity.
>>
>>9121769
>>9121760
I really want some good recommendations for a high quality black lipstick or black matte lipstick. I saw Weirdo on sale and almost bought it but I don't want something mediocre for the prices they ask for, especially with this weird Lime Crime type quality issues I hear about. Do you have a dupe picture for JS's Weirdo as well?
>>
File: black2.png (690KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
black2.png
690KB, 640x640px
>>9122210
>>
>>9121812
Im not ginger, but I am pale and covered in freckles and I do dye my hair orange to make myself look ginger because otherwise brown hair with my pale skin and freckles looks really dumb.

Don't tan. Just don't. You will look stupid as fuck.
>>
>>9121565
I have issues with dark circles and creasing too.

There's this little Vitamin E stick you can buy from GNC very inexpensively, and if you dab a little bit where your concealer creases, before you put it on, it should help with that, as it does for me.

I would also suggest sticking with liquid concealer, as the stick based concealers give me undereye creases that I don't even technically have somehow. The liquid seem to go on a lot more smoothly.
>>
>>9118952
You need to exfoliate the dead, dry skin away. But gently. Chemical exfoliates, not physical. Peter Thomas Roth Peeling Gel works for me, as I have a slightly oily T-zone, but the rest of my face is very dry.

What kind of Cera Ve did you use? If you use a very stripping face wash, like a foaming one, it'll just dry it out more. You want a face wash that helps you retain moisture. I use the Cera Ve Hydrating Cleanser with great success.

For dry dry skin, one of the best lotions I've ever used is Kiehl's Creme De Corps. Though it's technically a body lotion, I even use it on my face sometimes, and I find it helps. I think it would be a bad idea for oily skin, but for dry skin, it would help a ton.
>>
Just FYI, I took my first plunge into the world of liquid lipstick myself this week, and decided to buy from this site, with a 10% off code DUPETHAT.

http://www.jdglowcosmetics.com/collections/liquid-lipstick

The code brings them to like $12ish, which is a lot more reasonable for someone who isn't sure if the like liquid lipstick yet. I will let everyone know how it is.
>>
>>9121662
>"Glad to see a Lime Crime dupe"
>is more expensive
>FDA busted Lime Crime on putting unsafe-for-lips chemicals in velveteens
>Doe Deere is a scumbag

Why?
>>
>>9121743
Midnight Muse is more of a navy blue on the lips, so it's too dark to be a dupe of Blue Velvet.

>>9121754
100% agree. Do your own swatches or at the very least watch Youtube swatch videos especially if the swatcher's skin is a close match for yours.
>>
>>9121812
You can use bronzer, but sjws (if they find you) will accuse you of blackface even though it isn't.

Do it at your peril. :^)
>>
File: manicpanic-sunshine.png (38KB, 160x275px) Image search: [Google]
manicpanic-sunshine.png
38KB, 160x275px
>>9110605
Nothing, most of the time. All of the makeup in my collection was purchased specifically for cosplay. That being said, when I'm feeling ~fun~ I've been known to leave the house wearing a weird lip color just because.

NYX (especially the Wicked Lippies), Maybelline, Nicka K, BH Cosmetics

Makeup For Ever, Sephora, Jeffree Star, Manic Panic

One of these days I'll try a MAC product, and there are Melt and Inglot lipsticks I've got my eye on. Oh yeah, and OCC and Colourpop. There's still so much I need to experience!
>>
>>9115935
>>9110546
I'm also extremely pale, seconding Missha's M BB cream in 13. It's a godsend. SPF 42 and not yellow-toned. I use NYX's translucent setting powder and have no sheen issues throughout the day, pictures or otherwise.
>>
>>9110605

BB cream, lip tint or gloss, eyeliner, mascara/falsies

Basically the same with lolita. Sometimes more pigmented tints if the coord calls for it.

NYX and Covergirl. I really like Covergirl's mascara, I have a bunch of MAC ones I have lying around that I never use because I just keep buying lashblast.

Jeffree Star, Sephora, MAC, and ColourPop. I used to cheat with Sephora's liquid liners, they flake off just before they dry so they're easy to shape if you have no idea how to apply eyeliner lol

Missha and Etude House
>Favorite tools?

Beauty buffers. I have brushes for everything but I'm lazy and tend to just use a bunch of those things instead.

I kinda want to get into eyeshadow but I don't know where to start... I'm very pale and I feel like everything is too dramatic on me for everyday looks.
>>
File: s-l225.jpg (5KB, 137x225px) Image search: [Google]
s-l225.jpg
5KB, 137x225px
I got Watermelon Soda
it really dries out my lips to the point it's uncomfortable to wear. anyone have the same problem?
I'm thinking of getting 714 next because the color seems a bit softer and might suit me better
>>
File: wondereye.jpg (34KB, 500x431px) Image search: [Google]
wondereye.jpg
34KB, 500x431px
>>9123851
This is exactly what I was thinking, everyone else is desperate for LC alternatives.

But each to their own.
>>
>>9110605
>>What/how much do you wear on a daily basis (if any)?
Not on a daily basis, but I guess a 'daily/natural' routine when I do:
BB cream, loose powder, mascara, blush high on cheeks/bridge of nose and an aegyo-sal undereye stick.
>>(If you wear lolita or another jfashion): What/how much do you wear with your coords?
Not much more than that. Add in some liquid eyeliner, lip tint and shimmery beige/gold shadow.
>>Favorite drugstore/bargain products?
Maybelinne's BBs are good if I run out and need to grab one locally. ULTA3 $2 lipsticks are a god-send.
>>Favorite mid to high end products?
N/A?
>>Favorite Asian products (of any price tier)?
Skinfood: Peach Sake BB, Shortcake Liquid Liner, Sugar Cookie blush, Buckwheat lose powder.
Etude House: Cute Eyes Maker stick!!!

Will re-purchase all of these diligently without substitution.
>>Favorite tools?
I guess the Cute Eyes Maker sounds as a stick. Putting cream eyeshadow in a sponge-stick form was the best idea ever and I wish I could find more.
>>
>>9123555
> don't tan, you will look stupid as fuck
>Tfw when tan, freckles and ginger toned hair
Forsaken
>>
>>9121476
Unfortunately I have to agree with >>9121485. As dubious (read: shitty) as those surrounding LimeCrime are, this is one of their few good eggs. I bought some suggestions based on dupe recommendations and none matched the stand out red tones, or orangey one. I'm in the UK and the palette cost me £25, the closest dupe I could find for my favourite shade was £14 so if price is also an issue make this your one Limecrime purchase.
>>
>>9118952
There is a skin general though.
>>/9088004/
>>
>>9124259
>>>9088004
My bad.
>>
>>9124000
I have the same issue. Maybe try putting extra chapstick underneath and some lipgloss?

Any other input?
>>
File: 1ZyaHPA.jpg (290KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1ZyaHPA.jpg
290KB, 1280x720px
>>9110185
How do I stop fallout from creasing on my lower lash line? I've managed to get my shitty, oily eyes to stop creasing on my upper lid through the magic of primer, but that trick isn't working for me on my lower lid. No matter what I do I end up with a sooty line/crease that looks like my eyeliner or mascara is running under my eye by the end of the day.
[not me, random google pic]
>>
>>9122210
I have makeup monster's matt black, I really love it actually.
>>
>>9123869
how well do Mainc's colors stay on? I've had some on my to buy list for a while just never got it. I think I was looking at their glossier ones with the cross on top.
>>
>>9125487
Do you have setting spray? That could help with your situation.
>>
>>9125568
Yes, and a good one. I use Skindinavia's setting spray, still doesn't help. Thanks though.
>>
how do you guys feel about Bh cosmetics? Im a novice at makeup and was wondering if I should buy anything from them.
>>
>>9125487
This happens to me with certain kinds of eyeliner/mascara no matter how much primer/powder/seeing spray use. The problem is the eyeliner/mascara, so try something new (maybe waterproof).
>>
>>9125791
BH is a good novice brand. Their brushes always go on sale which is pretty cool, since they're already cheap. I like their brow options, and the shadows are aight- but not a fan of the contouring/concealer palettes personally.

tl;dr: brushes good/makeup hit or miss.
>>
File: bhpop.png (57KB, 176x314px) Image search: [Google]
bhpop.png
57KB, 176x314px
>>9125791
If you get anything, get the Pop Art lipsticks. 10/10.
>>
Someone explain to me the purpose of a bronzer and how to use it correctly.
>>
Ran out of my holika holika bb cream, now I'm thinking about trying something new. I get flaky dry patches around my mouth and nose but acne everywhere else. Any recs for a new bb cream, or even a western foundation?
>>
>>9112471
Good counterfeit, almost identical as original
>>
>>9128779
I'm bad at detecting those, how'd you tell?
>>
>>9124000
scrub your lips with some oil (coconut or olive oil is hydrating) and sugar and wipe off excess then put it on
>>
FYI, colourpop is having a flash sale today, with 20% off select items, including some of their lip stuff.
>>
>>9127053
That settling in the image looks disgusting. No thanks.
>>
>>9125487
I personally find that primer doesn't help me because of my very hooded eyes. Don't use cream based eyeshadows, use a fast setting eyeliner or gel liner, don't use eyeshadow as a liner if you can help it. If you do, keep it veeeeerrrrry close to the lashline. I use Covergirl mascara and I never have problem with it. I don't use a waterproof formula either because sometimes, regardless of brand, those tend to flake and fall out more than regular mascaras.

If you notice you have some fallout throughout the day on your lower lids/lashline, just take a blotting paper, blot it away, and have some regular pressed powder to sweep, not just press, away the darkness. You should always set concealer under the eye with powder as well. You don't have to do your whole face, but when there is fallout, it can be as easy as taking a tissue, wiping gently away the dark fallout, and you STILL have the concealer on. That way there is no need to reapply anything under your lashline since you already had basically two layers.
>>
>>9130477
It looks very smooth on me, actually. Dunno what went wrong with the model's lips but it definitely doesn't look that bad irl.
>>
>>9130477
It looks like it's just badly photoshopped
>>
>>9128779
the counterfeits of the summer collection aren't even done yet, 0/10 b8

>>9130489
what primer were you using? urban decay primer potion works flawlessly on my hooded eyes. almost zero creasing and when I apply it under my eyes it stops my concealer from creasing too.
also instead of dealing with fallout I just do my eyeshadow first and my face makeup after. it saves a lot of time.
>>
I'm really new to makeup beyond just the very basic stuff and I keep making the seemingly worst eyeshadow choices in the world. Could anyone recommend some reasonably priced brands that won't disappear after like three hours of normal wear even when you're wearing primer?
>>
Can anyone recommend a good black eyeshadow that's strongly pigmented with minimal fallout? Doesn't really matter if it's matte or glittery.
Preferably something that I can buy by itself and not part of a palette.
>>
Does anyone know where I can get Etude House's Juice Bar palette? It's not on their website and l don't know which eBay shops are scams.
>>
>>9132739

I recommend Too Faced. Their smaller palettes are only about 30$, which, imo, is still pretty expensive, but you still get a lot for your money. More reasonable than 50$ for a Naked palette
>>
>>9132739
the abh modern renaissance palette is amazing
>>
>>9134762
Different anon, but as much as I love the ABH Modern Renaissance, it's $45. Not very budget friendly.
>>
>>9135138
it's still within a 10 dollar range of most palettes, so I don't think it's too unreasonable for what you get. It's not like Natasha denona's 200 dollar palettes.
>>
File: dolly-wink.jpg (556KB, 800x731px) Image search: [Google]
dolly-wink.jpg
556KB, 800x731px
Pic related is the look I'm attempting to go for, but the space between actual eye and lower lashes looks unnatural. Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong?

>inb4 lower lashes are misplaced in the first place
I'm trying to go for a enlarged eye look since I have tiny, almond shaped eyes.

Also, if anyone also has any tips/tutorials on enlarging eyes I'm all ears.
>>
>>9135399
I think thats how its supposed to look. In photos like the one you posted, its been contrasted to hell so it blends in better.
>>
>>9135399
Do you naturally have dark eyelashes, anon? The asian girls who do this (well) often have little to no lower lashes. It looks really bizarre when the natural lashes are visible.
>>
>>9135399
Use a razor to cut your eye socket larger. The blood will also look great if you're into menhara.
>>
>>9135416
Honestly that may be the case then. Probably just going to use mascara and/or trim them to fit my bottom lash line then.

>>9135418
My bottom lashes are pretty sparse, beyond the help of mascara, hence why I bought natural looking bottom lashes in the first place lol.

Thanks though, both of you!
>>
Any recommendations for a sheer tinted lip balm that tastes good? Trying to fill the hole left in my heart by cherry chapstick, I kicked the habit because I know it's shit for my lips but I can't find anything I like as well for daily wear
>>
>>9135453
Have you tried putting some concealer on your bottom lashes to help them blend in better? You could get some of those bulk mascara wands and try running one over your bottom lashes with concealer. I've never tried this so don't know if it will work.
>>
>>9135484
Maybe lip fondue? They have lots of flavors. The downside is they are quite sticky but I like how watery and hydrating they are.
>>
>>9135484
Maybelline Baby Lips?
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.