[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BEST PHOTOGRAPHERS AT OTAKON

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 25

File: otakon photographers.jpg (94KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
otakon photographers.jpg
94KB, 640x960px
Name the best photographers going to OTAKON.

Keep your hate and salt to yourself pls ty.

>inb4 hate anyway
>inb4 terrible photography examples
>inb4 all cosplay photographers are creeps
>inb4 OP can't inb4

Let's have a great thread.
>>
EMCP
>>
>>9106280
I hope this isn't supposed to be an example
sumiko.foto photography
>>
>>9106308
OP here

nah I jsut googled Otakon photographers and this came up. lol. Dont even know who shot this.
>>
Anyone from We Rise Magazine! Okay, just joking :D
>>
>>9106792
I thought We Rise Mag left the scene after the ShinkouCon scams? haven't seen the WRM togs in ages.
>>
>>9106304
"Follow me at EMCP for the best in cosplay photography! Now booking for #OTAKON!"
>>
>>9106802
Is it bad that I thought this same thing?
>>
Ok, so we got the hate part down.

Now all we need is some anons to post some bad photography, and some tumblrina to say she was creeped on. Then we'll have everything OP was inb4.
>>
>>9106308
sumiko.foto photography never returns photos, has at least 5 months of backlog of PAID SHOOTS, and uses "being sick"/"computer issues" as an excuse. Don't book her.
>>
Jkid
>>
i see so many doing the new devil set, especially in the LL US group.

Glad I'm in a group where we are all making our cosplays, and we asked girls we knew would be serious and who fit their respective idols. All these first serve first get groups will probably end up a mess
>>
>>9107185
And this has to do with photographers. Why?
>>
>>9107159
But I already did book her and got my photos back in a timely fashion and they came out great so ???
>>
>>9107338
I've never booked her but I have heard plenty of horror stories
>>
>>9107350
idk dude, I had a great time shooting with her so I can't really complain. I will agree that she definitely overbooks because she's at a con nearly every week it seems but she always has open communication so I never felt like I wouldn't get my photos. I've only dealt with one really crappy photographer but it wasn't at Otakon.
>>
>>9107025
EMCP covers all that
>>
>>9107396
Now what's the deal with EMCP? I had him really interested in shooting a cosplay of mine but I haven't followed through
>>
>>9107406
He hit on a cosplayer like 2 years ago so everyone hates him now.
>>
>>9107527
>>9107406
pretty much. just the same vendetta-chan posting. EMCP is nothing but professional and has a lot of repeating clients
>>
>>9107406
People who want him to take their photos defend him so they dont look bad for shooting with him
Sjws say he's the scum of the earth and a creep for flirting with people.

Just book a shoot with him and pass your own judgment.

His photos aren't the best but hes one of the few options of photographers that know how to use a camera in the east coast con scene.
>>
>>9107527
>>9107603
>>9107667
This makes a lot of sense. I haven't decided if I want to book another shoot for the cosplay that he's interested in since I just got back some photos for it but I'll definitely think about it! I don't know anything about him so I wasn't sure where all the hate was coming from
>>
>>9106796
he opened a deli
>>
>>9106308
>sumiko.foto photography

This is good? Why no examples.
>>
>>9107875
Not a fan of the overexpose, or the tilt.

At least the shot's in focus tho.
>>
>>9107875
it's an ok shot. at least she didnt cut off any limbs or digits east coast togs are really bad at that.
>>
>>9107338
She only does the shoots she wants, and "backlogs" the rest she doesn't want to deal with. BAD service.
>>
>>9107984
Guess I was lucky then/she and I have talked before and she's pals with another photographer that I've used so could be why.

Tbh, most photographers in my area are crappy at best so I'm pretty lenient on time as long as my pictures turn out well. I dealt with someone once that returned everyone's con photos a few days after the con and zero of them were edited/they all looked like garbage. And this was someone a bunch of people recommended and I went against my better judgment. Was really pissed off because I've booked cheaper shoots that were better quality and now idk if I can afford to do another one for that character at Otakon.

I don't think most people care so long as someone's taking their picture, at least that's the only way I can see why shitty photogs get so popular
>>
>>9107667
"His photos aren't the best but"

What passes for praise on 4chan.
>>
>>9107527
2 years? More like 3 months ago. Guys spams his shit and used to use the professional modeling scout BS as his hook and pick up line. If your skinny white or Asian he'll shoot you. Guy's only credentials was his own self-published magazine
>>
Okay, serious question, are there ANY good photographers? Seems like I'm better off taking my own pictures
>>
>>9108512
Check out nightmare6, UV, white specs, ashb, sweet sensation
>>
I managed to book a shoot with Houkakyou Photography before all her spots were gone. Not too bad in terms of price, and her work is pretty good. I have high hopes.
I feel like there aren't many photographers advertising this year, and it's my last year going to Otakon. Hopefully I'll get lucky and find some people but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>9108515
I feel like I'm too ugly/cosplays aren't big enough for them to want to shoot me lol but I liked their pages anyway just for the great work
>>
>>9108524
As long as you can afford their rate they will shoot you
>>
Screw the bitchffest, let's just get a list of who's who that's going to Otakon period? Leave the drama or praising in a different thread?

This is who's going so far, even alphabetized it for you lazy fucks

Alex O'Neill Cosplay Photography
Anime Shutterbug
Anna Fischer
ChezPhoto
Crunchy Spart Photography
DG Photography
EMCP
Felix Wong
Freeze Frame Foto
GooJunky Photography
J Ross Photography
Jo Bevvy Cosplay & Photography
John Jiao Photography
KEO Arts
Knightmare6
M3 Photography
M9 Photography
Merry Newby Photography
NA Studio
Rachs Cosplay Photography
Shecktor Photography
Some Kid (formerly OhHeyItsSK)
Starry Ary Photography
Sweet Sensation Photography
UV Photography
Wage War Productions
Vander Photography
White Specs Photography
>>
>>9108545
Does this seem like a small list to anyone else? Thanks anon for compiling it but it really seems like a lot of photogs have stopped going to Otakon.
>>
>>9108590
Yeah, this doesn't seem like a lot for a con so big but I guess it's enough? I'm still not even sure if I'm going to book anything this year or not
>>
>>9108590
Only cheap ass bitches go to otakon now. Cosfamouses bailed years ago. Nigri, Stella, yaya, destiny, etc. none of them go to otakon.
>>
>>9108545
you missed a shit ton.

AssB
A Glimpse of Me Art Studios
Clouds Photography
Elysiam
Eminence Rain
Dancing Squirrel
Dave Yang
Fang Fox
Greyroamer
Kynessent
Just Cosplay (aka Blue Shell)
MH Photography
Neeko Cosplay Photography
NKP Photography
Sorairo-Days
Sumikofoto
Tetsushi
Vontography
W. Halstead Photography
>>
>>9108615
Lol what is this logic? They only go places that they're paid to appear. The fact that they're not at a con doesn't make it cheap
>>
>>9108745
>>9108545
There ya go!
>>
>>9107164
you spelled JAYKID wrong
>>
>>9108545
I do not recommend Shecktor. She said she's good with night photography, but she's really a GWC. None of the photos from our harbor shoot was usable. most of the photos weren't even in focus.
>>
File: shecktor.jpg (38KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
shecktor.jpg
38KB, 720x720px
>>9109281
This is Shecktor?

Jesus.
>>
>>9108500
Sounds like you're not skinny, White, or Asian. Now we see where the venom comes from.

>>9108512
If you look at their pages, you'll see who's good and who's not. You expect us to do all the work for you?

>>9108517
I checked her page out and she's good. Not great, but good. And I hate everything.

>>9108524
You da real MVP.

>>9108590
>>9108598
>>9108615
There are a billion "photographers" that go to otakon. just spend a few minutes in that otakon photography group on fb. as soon as a cosplayer says they're looking for a tog, shooters jump on them like flies on shit.
>>
A lot of photographers stopped going to Otakon/ don't go to Otakon b/c they don't give press passes to most fan media. And they've got a hostile attitude towards cosplay photographers generally.

A few years ago there was a big blow up where they revoked all the cosplay photographers press passes. After that cosplay photographers stopped doing serious coverage of the convention and cosfamous attendance dipped.
>>
>>9109450
i didn't know that. That explains why Mindfall, Soulfire not returning and other photographers said they'll never pay for a badge again.
>>
>>9109450
Cosplay Photographers AREN'T press. Press is for people who do actual media coverage. Not posting photos to their social media accounts. Even if it's just a crappy shitty wanna-be media site like Aggressive Comix, but not shit like your own blog on Tumblr or Facebook.
>>
>>9109537
Or *cough* we rise mag
>>
I guess without hate and salt, cosplayers don't really have anything to say about photographers.
>>
>>9109694
>ignores the two long lists of good photographers that were posted
>>
>>9109556
Generate Magazine
Cosplay Couture
Kotaku
>>
>>9108749
I can tell you right off the bat some of these people claim to be paid to appear, when in fact they just get a comped badges and table. Others pay their entire way completely and just pretend they were invited. Easiest way is to see if a con even promotes them at the con pages and official site.
>>
>>9108745
Where'd you find these?
>>
>>9109701
2 posts does not a discussion thread make.
>>
>>9108545
>>9108745
also simply frank productions
>>
Also, who is the most talented out of those two lists?
>>
>>9110217
>>9108545
>>9108745

Gimme your top 5, dead or alive, photogs. Only criteria is skill with a camera. Ignore everything else.
>>
>>9110219
Anna Fisher, Elsiam, Dave Yang, AshB, Sorauri-days are the master level photographers out of this bunch.
>>
>>9110231
Elysiam is out his big area is photomanipus, camera wise his shots are shit, its the post that saves it. Same with Beethy, even though he's not going as far as I know. AshB's shit isn't good unless its Colossalcon, where skin overshadows shitty exposures
>>
>>9110271
Ash's price is outrageous for what you get. Unless you're cosfamous then you get free shots. Also don't book her if you're even slightly racist.
>>
>>9110231
So, the most famous ones are the ones you think are the best. Got it. I figured you would think that.

So, anyone else have a Top 5?
>>
>>9108745
I've worked with Vontography a couple times in the past and he's my favorite Midwest photog. Turns out great work and is really fun to shoot with, but you're likely not going to get your photos back for several months at minimum. MH also does good stuff but only if you're a cute girl
>>
File: 1465678162153.jpg (288KB, 681x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465678162153.jpg
288KB, 681x720px
>inb4-ing in the OP
>>
>>9110716
I will bite. My personal top 5 >> MH, white specs, UV, sweet sensation, and goojunky. I just like their editing styles.
>>
>>9110937
Or ugly girl with nice T&A.
>>
>>9110681
irony is AshB is a huge fucking racist herself.
>>
>>9108615
and nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>9110937
Does he charge? He has stuff on his website about rates but it seemed like senior picture stuff. I really like his work, but idk if I can stomach doing $100 for a cosplay shoot
>>
>>9110998
I don't think vontigraphy is going to otakon this year. Where did you hear that?
>>
>>9110978
Only if you hate black people. Ashb is the only cosplay photographer who uses their popularity to bring racial issue front and center. No other photographer dared to talk about politics on the social media.
>>
>>9111134
Ash, gtfo. go suck on Makis cunt.
>>
>>9111008
Someone has him listed in one of the above posts. I'd like to shoot with him but I haven't seen any confirmation he's going either
>>
>>9106796
>>9107730
nope. they're back. booking shoots at otakon.
>>
lel. Lazy Cat is going and charging by number of lights. gtfo
>>
>>9112666
I have no idea who Lazy Cat is, but it's really not uncommon to charge per light; lots of other photographers do it too. It's an extra step as opposed to using ambient light. Go pick up a camera yourself if you don't wanna pay.
>>
>>9112682
Shooting per light is goofy af.

Cosplayers don't even have a clue why multiple lights are even necessary. If you can't take a decent shot with one light (or the sun, even), what makes you think you're gonna take a decent one with three lights?
>>
>>9112733
Lol. You sound ignorant. Gells can add different colors to your photo and sometimes even set a mood. Like you can make one side of the photo a red and the other side a blue tone. Can't do that with one light or even the sun. Also, I looked her up. She isn't charging per light, you're getting more photos and the 2nd light is just part of the package. Did you even read what you're paying for in full, anon?
>>
>>9112741
I didn't look at the ad from Lazy Cat cuz I'm not a cosplayer. So I am only commenting on the general idea of charging per light, as some have done.

That said, charging per light is still goofy shit. If someone books you, and you're taking their money, you should give them the best shots you can. That includes all the lights. Charging per light is amateur hour, nickel and dime shit.

I wouldn't trust anyone who charges like that to know what they're doing.
>>
>>9112682
"lots of other photographers" please entertain us. who?
>>
>>9112682
Yeah that's BS to be charging per light used
>>
>>9112741
she says it right there that she's charging per light
>>
>>9112767
White Specs is one I can think of off the top of my head at this very moment. You pay more for the gells because again, they take slightly longer to set up and you're paying for a skill from someone who knows how to set them up. External lighting isn't easy.
>>
>>9112749
>>9112741
Pricing:
$50 - Daylight, 30mins, 5 final retouched images (examples 1+3)
$75 - 1 external light, 30mins, 5 final retouched images (example 2)
$150 - 2 external lights (with or without colored gels), 1 hour, 10 final retouched images (example 4)
$25 per additional persons, 4 max. 2 extra images included per person.
>>
>>9112780
Again, more images the higher the package is. Only 5 images in those first two packages vs an additional 5 in the last one.
>>
>>9112782
>>9112780
$25 gets you a light. wtf
>>
>>9112772
>>9112774
>>9112780
>>9112787

That's goofy. It's about the shot, not the amount of lights. Not all cosplays need gels. Some absolutely need gels. If someone asks for a shoot, you should give them a beautiful shot, no matter what it takes to get it.
>>
>>9112774
just looked up white specs's otakon ad.for almost double the price you get 2 gels. they add nothing to the sample photos
>>
>>9112666
she should have chosen better photos for the ads. the $150 photo looks like shit
>>
>>9113220
>>9112870
I'm not paying nearly $200 for some damn cosplay photos. But I guess some people are way more invested in it than I am
>>
File: image.jpg (357KB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
357KB, 1365x2048px
>>9112870
I just do not understand how this is worth what he's charging. Just has a light stand just chilling in the photo. And it pissed me off because you know she actually paid for these photos and he didn't even bother hiding them :|
>>
>>9113461
>that camera angle
>that ugly light stand
>that useless flash effect
>that shine

at least it's not yashafluff level photoshop diaster
>>
>>9113461
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Who would pay for this?
>>
>>9114388
Dancing Fool did. You can see the rest of the cringe worthy shoot on her page.
>>
>>9114715
For that amount of money, I'd expect much better.
>>
u said "photographer"
>>
>>9112666
Maybe at the prices she's charging, she could afford to buy a badge to the actual con, but then again, guess not.
>>
>>9114771
Who dis?
>>
>>9114948
Laser cat is another scumbag photographer who never buy badges. Disgusting
>>
>>9114762
Imho her Cinderella cosplay would've looked better during the day given Gaykord's gorgeous background. The ugly door is a terrible setting
>>
>>9115202
So she's in the same camp as EMCP and Sweet Sensation
>>
AshB is going to take a hiatus after Otakon. don't miss out
>>
>>9117426
How do you know they don't buy badges?

Are you logged into their bank accounts?
>>
>>9118280
They post on their pages that they book shoots outside of the con grounds so that's a good guess they didn't buy badges
>>
>>9118280

noob.

I WILL NOT HAVE A CON BADGE. this means shooting locations will have to be anywhere outside the convention center.
>>
>>9108545
Vander only shoots who he knows from what I've seen. His 'free' shoots in Boston are a nightmare. I went once just to see a bunch of shit tier cosplay running around hoping for freebie edits.
>>
>>9118280
Oh hunny.... People like this practically boast that they don't pay for cons.
>>
>>9118509
Post a screenshot of them saying that they won't be buying a badge, or gtfo.

You people just go out of your way to make shit up on here.
>>
>>9118527
you're not a very good troll. I'm bored so i will take the bait.

fb/lazycatcosplay/photos/a.203850386462340.1073741833.202455476601831/603758023138239
>>
>>9118733
Probably Lazy Cat herself
>>
>>9114388
Someone who doesn't bone their bodices or press their hems? No wonder amateur photogs are cashing in, these cosplayers are full of themselves. It's like Glamour Shots except for nerds.
>>
>>9112682
lazy cat also spams the numerous Facebook groups nonstop. Stop posting the ad twice a day. Thanks for the reminder, anon. Finally blocked her today.
>>
>>9113461
Happens all the time. Strong cosplay + weak photography = bad cosplayer

You're only as good as people's memory of your cosplay.
>>
>>9108545
>>9108745

Some of these photographers are pretty much booked now. Seems like Sunday is the popular day to not book
>>
>>9118958
who has slots left? I'm just looking for decent photo. nothing fancy.
>>
>>9121106
Message them?
>>
>>9121106
This shit makes me mad.

All the photographers are posting their ads, and these dumbfuck cosplayers keep ignoring them. Then they have the nerve to post these asinine, "Are any photographers still available?" posts.

I would be more inclined to shoot your fat, disgusting ass in your terrible Harley Quinn outfit if you actually approached me, and asked me to shoot.
>>
>>9121106
try EMCP. he's the best in the biz
>>
>>9122421
He'll shoot you for a dance with him
>>
>>9122383
little harsh there but true. I mean, even just posting "I need a photographer" guarantees at least five people leaving their info. I think most people are just too lazy to even try which, at that point, you shouldn't even be asking
>>
>>9124344
Yep, the ones who tend to respond are the ones I don't ever shoot with. They're just looking to prey on any who will pay them. Hell EMCP advertises/SPAMS the fuck out of the Otakon 2016 Photography page alone! Next is probably that Vander guy for second most spammer. Also noticed all of them are booking boudoir shoots too!
>>
>>9124550
EMCP left a comment about wanting to shoot onw of my cosplays then I guess got butthurt when I told him to message me on my cosplay page because I don't add random people to my personal Facebook
>>
Can we get some samples of photographers?
>>
>>9125905
Best sample is to hit the Otakon 2016 Photography group and look at who's still advertising or promoting. I've seen a lot of photographers there bullshitting about being nearly booked or are done booking, but then they still have time to fit in 2-3 more people for shoots. Seen U.V. at least mention he was nearly done booking last week and he's still responding to people's posts.
>>
>>9124340
>>9124550
>>9124567

Could you be any more obvious vendetta-chans?
>>
>>9126355
I don't even know the dude, I'm just stating a fact. sorry if that hurts your feelings
>>
>>9124550
So you post an ad looking for photographers, and the ones that respond to your ad, you don't want to shoot with. Why do you think any of us give a shit?

And what's wrong with boudoir shoots?
>>
I know everyone in the community: here are the findings.

Alex O'Neill Cosplay Photography - No
Anime Shutterbug - No
Anna Fischer - Only Cosfamous
ChezPhoto - Expensive as goldeens
Crunchy Spart Photography - No
DG Photography - No
EMCP - No
Felix Wong - Hall shots
Freeze Frame Foto - No
GooJunky Photography - No
J Ross Photography - No
Jo Bevvy Cosplay & Photography - No
John Jiao Photography - Hall shots
KEO Arts - No
Knightmare6 - Good
M3 Photography - No
M9 Photography - Good
Merry Newby Photography - No
NA Studio - No
Rachs Cosplay Photography - No
Shecktor Photography - No
Some Kid (formerly OhHeyItsSK) - No
Starry Ary Photography - No
Sweet Sensation Photography - Picky on her models
UV Photography - Cosfamous hungry, won't edit crap cosplayers properly
Wage War Productions - No
Vander Photography - No
White Specs Photography - If you're not asian, good luck

AssB - No
A Glimpse of Me Art Studios - No
Clouds Photography - No
Elysiam - Cosfamous hungry
Eminence Rain - OK
Dancing Squirrel - OK
Dave Yang - Cosfamous thirsty
Fang Fox - No
Greyroamer - No
Kynessent - No
Just Cosplay (aka Blue Shell)
MH Photography - Good
Neeko Cosplay Photography - Hall shots
NKP Photography - No
Sorairo-Days - Friends only
Sumikofoto - No
Tetsushi - No
Vontography - Picky on models
W. Halstead Photography - No

In summary most suck, picky, shoot cosfamous only.
>>
>>9126433
"No" meaning what?

Don't shoot with them?
>>
>>9126433
Wow. Your views are so flawed. I've seen plenty of those photographers who you say only shoot "only cosfamous," shoot people with barely any likes. Anna recently shot someone on her page that only has 3k likes. Elysiam posted a picture just recently of a cosplayer that only has 8k likes. Go be butthurt somewhere else and let people shoot what they want.
>>
>>9126446
Umm, 3k and 8k aren't anything to scoff at
>>
>>9126451
No, but I'm sick and tired of hearing 4chan say that these photographers only shoot people who have likes when that clearly isn't true at all. It'd be one thing if they said that, but somehow it's a bad thing. If you aren't paying these people for shoots, they're allowed to shoot whoever they want last time I checked. They also don't have to shoot you either even if you do offer them money. It's entirely up to them. Also, this person even said charging photographers are picky. Can't be picky about who wants to give you money! Money is money!
>>
>>9126433
>>9126446

Why don't you give some context to your no? Why is it a no?

Most of the people on that list are shitty photographers, but some can actually produce an in-focus photo.
>>
EMCP said he's no longer booking shoots for cons and is only going to be shooting "friends and selected cosplayers for editorial and commercial projects and clients only".

I do have to agree with him on the over-saturated market. People seem to only want to go to who charges the lowest price
>>
>>9126510
legit question. I am a new (well not new) but small photographer, and to this fucking day I don't understand why the so called professionals or for that matter people who pay for shit (and while cosplay rates are... god awful i mean how the fuck do you eat, there is a reason headshots even in my podunk ass town are not high hundreds but not 'cheap' either, ) can't fucking release work on time or at least will just say before they accept payment "Hey, this will take a few weeks, is this ok?

I mean I went to the West Coast and I see what people mean. The Photographer scene is much cooler and I learned a lot more (I found a mentor who taught me about why some people use super primes for shots and other composing techniques), but yeah. Why do people put up with this lack of utter professionalism, and more importantly REWARD IT WITH FUCKING CASH.
>>
>>9126541
It's not just the cosplay scene. Go visit the site youarenotaphotographer.com. No cosplayers on there, just everyday people. Sadly people have paid for work on here. It's just photographers in general.
>>
>>9126446
BLF cosplayers don't count. he did it to appease the group
>>
>>9126433
Sweet Sensation Photography -shoots anyone that pays
Just Cosplay (aka Blue Shell) - no rating? self explanatory
MH Photography - MH is not Good. He is God. better editing than most of the famewhores.
>>
>>9126355
Not vendetta, just check the group and use the search engine
>>
>>9126516
Please, this guy is part of the problem with the East Coast scene. Dude's thirsty for that puss and thinks talking sexually to cosplayers is fine. Its why he got the label he had. He started promoting himself as a high fashion photographer but his work has been subpar at best and his work mainly appears in his own magazine which is done through a site that anyone can make a magazine. You don't see him inside many cons because he gets denied press left and right and he ends up lobby conning it. If they guy shut up and just worked his butt off, got off his high horse, and shit, he might do better. Also not talk to female cosplayers like sex objects, but like his sister. You don't make sexual remarks to your sister, I hope not at least. If female cosplayers flirt with you then its a different story. Just stop being thirsty!

>>9126914
Just Cosplay/Blue Shell is just a mess. He's creeped out a lot of female cosplayers I know, trying to get them to do sexy poses. He's pissed off a lot of photographers by sniping over their shoulders. Literally on top of them, not fifteen feet away like others. He's a troll, and always asking if you want to go back to his room to do boudoir.

>>9126446
Anna and Elysiam shot a non cosfamous cosplayer that one time? Wow, that changes EVERYTHING! Please!

Anna's a snob. One time claimed she's shot only the best cosplayers in NY, and then was like, there are others? That's just a BS attitude to have. If she wasn't blow Kotaku's Luke or whatever, she'd probably be gone now

Elysiam I don't know well enough, but the guys got a shit ego from what I've seen. He ignores a lot of people and cosplayers that say hi to him, won't even look at them from the few times I've seen the guy.
>>
>>9127268
You sound like a Trump supporter. "WHAT ABOUT HILLARY'S EMAILS?!? LOCK HER UP!"
>>
>>9127268
Because you're lazy as fuck and don't back you your claim with evidence, please tell me again how they only shoot cosplay famous people. These are just a few nobody cosplayers I found very quickly on Anna's page. Seriously, cut your buttshit.
>>
>>9127268
Also, furthermore you JUST said you don't know Elysiam well enough but then go ahead and say he's got a shit ego. Seriously?? Maybe if you actually got to know these people instead of trashing them on the internet anonymously, you would actually see they're pretty cool people. Think what you want, but at least don't spread ignorance by saying they only shoot the cosplay famous. Drives me insane.
>>
>>9127443
>>9127452
>>9127368
>>9127268

Welcome to the internet. Where people say the most ignorant things, and then run away in fear when they see the person in real life.

Everyone talking shit on this board is a fucking pussy, and would get the shit slapped out of them in real life if they said this stuff in person.
>>
>>9127505
I take it you're one of the photographers?
>>
Vander just spammed this everywhere.

" Vander Photography will be offering 15 minute shoots for $25 during the weekend! For those strapped for actual cash during the weekend I am willing to negotiate goods/services for trade as well! "

>willing to negotiate goods/services for trade as well"
>services

hint hint. photos for BJ
>>
>>9126433
not true about white specs. he shoots plenty of non-asians
>>
>>9128143
What's wrong with getting a BJ for some photos?

I mean, if I was a girl, I would probably go for someone who could give me in-focus, actually retouched photos. But other than that, if I didn't have the cash, why not take a shot in the mouth?

>>9128669
This is cgl. Almost everything on here isn't true. Slander is the name of the fucking game.
>>
>>9126516
So that's why he's begging for shoots and responding to everyone right now. No dice Eugene, we're not buying your own selfhype
>>
Yenra
>>
the work speaks for itself, there none of it in this thread
>>
File: EMCP.jpg (63KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
EMCP.jpg
63KB, 640x960px
>>9134146
Here you go

Professional Quality work by EMCP
>>
>>9106280

List of photographers from the Otakon FB group

Facebook (remove space) /notes/otakon-2016-photography/list-of-photographers/632933416857777
>>
>>9128669

One problem with White Specs is that what he posts on his page isn't consistent with what you might get. A friend of mine did a shoot with him and the photos were so bad that you wouldn't believe that they were taken by the same person. They were unusable..
>>
>>9134617
Not seeing what your sarcasm is based on. She looks good, and it's a good pic.
>>
>>9135593
That's why you should book with him instead of the other no talents hocking their shot photos in the Facebook group
>>
>>9134617
>>9135593
agree. this is a very good pic
>>
>>9135593
>>9135599
this is why "reviews" without pictures are retarded, if you like what they offer, go for it.

having said that, that pic is some god awful composition
>>
File: nowi.jpg (118KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
nowi.jpg
118KB, 640x960px
>>9134617
>>9135593
>>9135599
>>9135601
>>9135624

I mean, that pic is from last year's ota

just scrolling down his recent pics on his page everything you find is even better. i hear he takes a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong time to get pics back, but if you don't like his work its probably because you have a problem with him.
>>
File: yasuho.jpg (231KB, 968x1460px) Image search: [Google]
yasuho.jpg
231KB, 968x1460px
>>9135644
>>
>>9135650
>>9135644
>>9134617
>cropped heads looking at the closest edge of the frame

People think this looks good?
>>
>>9135708
Agreed, this is terrible. If you're going to shoot this close at least fix people's eyelashes, undereyes, armpits, distracting stray hairs, .ect. There's also distracting highlights and shawdows on some of these.

And why are they all looking away? It looks like these were taken with a telephoto and sniped from far away when they weren't pay attention or something.
>>
>>9135650
>>9135708
>>9136150
Sad you guys are just so jealous of his talent and professionalism
>>
>>9136185
Yes, because critiquing him makes me jealous. Sorry you can't handle criticism annon.

I could have said the photos were bad like most people do on here but I actually gave feed back.
>>
>>9135708
>>9136185
>>9136150
Lol. The best part is that I bet you think you know what you're talking about.
>>
>>9136150
How much damn photoshop do you want? feel free to hate but unless you can produce better quality work, your 'critiques' sound pretty dumb. These may not be the best photos in the world but they're certainly not bad.
>>
File: ebin.jpg (102KB, 300x269px) Image search: [Google]
ebin.jpg
102KB, 300x269px
>>
>>9135644
>>9135708
>>9136150
Fashion photography. Deal with it
>>
>>9136206
The photoshop work I'm asking for is pretty standard editorial work. Clearly there's people willing to work with this guy, I'm just not impressed at all. There is no creativity in these shots either. They're all looking in the same direction, taken from the same angle, and at the same zoom length.
>>
>>9136221
DESU, the vast majority of cosplay photographers couldn't take even those shots if you gave them 2 weeks and a map. Just look at the other examples in this thread.

You know somebody better? Then post their work.
>>
>>9136296
Kifir, Beethy, Shiro Ang, Anna Fischer, Annie Fischinger, WhiteDesertSun, Sateriale Productions, Vontography. Could name more, but here you go since you asked.
>>
>>9136327
> You know somebody better? Then post their work.

ITT: People who can't follow directions.

Also ITT: People who get hoodwinked by gradient filters.

Also ITT: "If they shoot with the cosfamous, they MUST be good!"
>>
>>9136327
And who ELSE do you think is good? Since you're probably EMCP himself since there's a ton of promoting of him on this thread but you'll probably deny it and say you're "just a fan."
>>
>>9136339
People who can't follow directions? Uh okay. Whatever that means. Gradient filters? You mean people who actually know how to set up their lighting and know how to do post work correctly? And you know why cosplay famous work with these people? Because they're actually good and some of them are friends lol. Did you ever think of that? You think these people who make a buck off of cosplay are going to shoot with just anyone? Fuck no. I'm also not sure what that has ANYTHING to do with their skill.
>>
>>9136327
Wow, all these people are going to Otakon! Moron
>>
>>9136391
>>
>>9136392
>>
>>9136391
Uh, no. I named some going to Otakon while others are not. Moron. And it's a fucking Otakon photographer thread. Why does that even matter?

Again, I asked you to name people who else you think is better and you still have yet to do so.

Furthermore, people are allowed to like and dislike other things. You just decided to take it waaaaayyyy too personally. Did I ever say you were wrong for liking EMCP? No, I said I don't like his work and here's why. You wouldn't last a single day in art school with that attitude where critiquing is a HUGE part of the curriculum.
>>
>>9136396
>>
Apologies to those who paid for this shit
>>
>>
>>
File: 27055384402_3c1b7718ce_k.jpg (810KB, 1366x2048px) Image search: [Google]
27055384402_3c1b7718ce_k.jpg
810KB, 1366x2048px
>>
>>
>>
Last one, lunch break over
>>
>>9136448
>>9136440
>>9136434
>>9136432
>>9136421
>>9136416
>>9136396
are these supposed to be good or bad examples? Some of them are decent but others are not
>>
>>9136458
i think its just a sample of people of are shooting at Otakon in general
>>
>>9136401
>OTAKON photographers thread

>Names photographers not going to OTAKON

>Names photographers not even on the same hemisphere as OTAKON

>Calls others moron

Great job. You really showed us.
>>
>>9136640
Uh, if you read what I was replying to I was mocking the fact they called me a moron for noting the photoraphers were going to Otakon when they weren't lol. So yeah, I will mock you and call you a moron when you call me one and say something moronic such as that. Also, who cares if they're not going to Otakon? The whole point of that list was to name quality photographers. It's not like this thread is fully on topic anyways since that kind of went out the widow as soon as people started posting bad examples when the thread calls for good photographers lol.
>>
>>9136391
Since we're "critiquing", let's critique these shots you posted:

>>9136391
Good. I like it. There's a good angle, a good model, and it's actually interesting. Got nothing to say here.

>>9136392
Flat light, cosplayer should be turned more to the viewer, body looks weird from this angle. A hall shot.

>>9136396
The whole image is blurry. Literally everything but the bitch face is blurry. The foreground, the cape, the background, everything. The filters and little PS glow don't save the image. Try again.

>>9136403
The fuck is this?

>>9136407
The fuck is that?

>>9136416
Too low res to critique.

>>9136421
Interesting costume, backdrop, and pose. Contrast is up too high, though. It's jarring. Plus the light is on the wall, and not on the cosplayer.

>>9136432
If this was retouched differently, it probably would have been good.

>>9136434
Is this your idea of a joke?

>>9136440
No retouching. Facial expression is wonky. Pose is uninteresting. What's supposed to be happening here?

>>9136448
Another one that could have been good if retouched differently. It's washed out af, and the facial expression is scrunched up and weird.

Most of these aren't good, and I'm mad you put these out as examples of "good" photography after bashing those previous photos. Learn about photography, please.
>>
File: white.jpg (61KB, 480x477px) Image search: [Google]
white.jpg
61KB, 480x477px
someone please hire white specs. i'm tired of his spam
>>
>>9137085
Maybe if he lowered his prices and actually put effort into his paid shoots people would actually book him??? I just feel bad for the people that already have
>>
>>9137113
i agree. some of the paid shots are very bad.
>>
>>9137085
Pretty much most of the photos here have been spamming there shit except for 2-3
>>
>>9137050
Wow, someone took me seriously. I think you meant to respond to someone else. I just grabbed some photos from different photos listed up earlier since another Anon asked for sample photos from photos who were shooting at Otakon
>>
>>9137050
I think anon thinks I posted these. And I find it funny you're critiquing blatantly obvious hall shots.
>>
>>9137574
Only Sora and Raven/Starfire are hall shots. I have seen the shimskaze photo being used in his ads.
>>
>>9137629
Don't know if that was a hall shot for sure. I don't think it's his best work, but hey; not every photographer is going to release something that's their best, you know? Sometimes they just release a shot because it's a good cosplay, not because they think it's portfolio worthy. However for the most part, he produces nice work as a photographer.
>>
>>9137574
If they're "blatantly obvious hall shots" (and a lot of them obviously aren't), then why were they posted as examples of "good photography"? Only a few of them were actually good, and most were objectively laughable.
>>
>>9137113
Lol is he that bad? Then again I've only seen him on shoots he has sought out and not other way around
>>
>>9137791
They weren't posted as good photography, they were posted as samples of some photographers works. Someone earlier asked for other photographers works to be posted instead of th e EMPC guy
>>
>>9134617
>>9135644
>>9135650
>>9136211
far from it. No head space or lead space, the composition is pretty bad on all of them. stray hair on some of the wigs. are they just hitting auto to edit these?

>>9136391
overall okay, though the bracelets cut off, but that's a personal bias

>>9136392
too blown out, horrible highlights, but that's a lot of cosplay photographers

>>9136396
too much dead space above for my taste, also way too much blurring

>>9136416
>>9136421
They're okay

>>9136432
Not a fan of the particulate effect and i think there's too much noise on the edges of the photo

>>9136440
model looks dull and bored, aside from the exposed body, does nothing for me otherwise except a moment to check her tits

>>9136448
the shadows, hawk girl's eyes are gone. Come one and least fix the eyes. Also the hue could've been changed, more blue, instead of green. Bunr some of those feather edges too. Makes no sense for part of her to be detailed with shadow, when other parts of her aren't.

>>9136403
>>9136407
>>9136434
Hall shots, it is what it is, but probably shouldn't be samples of paid work unless these were the paid works, then yikes!
>>
I've noticed that unless you're particularly cosphotog famous, nobody really posts about "good photogs". I remember someone saying that most cosplayers don't mention them to kind of... keep them for themselves, so to speak.

Take this as you will but one photog I know that is at Otakon is Soul-Drive. He seems to kill himself over his work to make sure it's returned in some timely fashion.

Whether it's good is up to you guys. But keep in mind a lot of time group shots suck for a lot of people (especially without much practice) and this guy is no exception.

Facebook: souldrivephotography

4chan hates links

But at the very least he (apparently) adheres to a huge schedule, is free, and tries to return photos at least within the season.
>>
So we've all shitted on the photogs that were going to go. Any pics posted yet? Can we see what people paid for? Samples, let's find them!
>>
File: 1.jpg (260KB, 2048x1367px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
260KB, 2048x1367px
>>9144995
>>
>>9145192
>bokehwhoring so much you leave the last member in the group out of focus
>>
File: no.png (12KB, 137x128px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
12KB, 137x128px
>>9145192
>that sayaka's make up + wig
>Kyoko's wig sliding off her head

Jesus what an awful photo, the others don't look all that much better.
>>
>>9145192
>That hideous wig
Did that Kyoko even try.
>>
>>9145403
...fuck you you fucking beat me to it you fuck. He should be using medium format if he wants more depth of field and bokeh ahhh
>>
>>9145420
she can't help she's black, anon
>>
>>9145755
>she
>>
>>9145760
hollly shit
>>
>>9145192

EMCP you fuck why did you use the wrong aperture?
>>
>>9145884
aperture is fine. he was going for the shallow depth of field look. I would shoot this with a smaller aperture to get everyone in focus.

The picture itself s fine. cosplayers won't think much of it
>>
>>9145892

He could have achieved the same look with a longer focal length and probably a similar aperture but botched it up.

I'm sure Background-chan wouldn't think much of being blur material.
>>
>>9145915
how many lenses do you have? most photogs only carry one lens with him.
>>
>>9145968
HAHAHAHAHAH
hahah
Oh wait he's serious.

Ok, the basic "I just want to do everything" 3 holy trilogy is say 85mm the 24-70 and the 70-200 fast 2.8. That covers everything.

The basic Prime Trilogy is 90(85), 50, 28(35/24 to taste).

shit I'm an APS-C fag and I carry 50, 50-100 and 17-50. Solo lensing unless going for That street format look is well hard.
>>
>>9145968
No, oh hell no! Only a basic bitch camera fag would carry one
>>
>>9146104
You must be a pro or GWC then. All the togs I know only carry one or two lenses to a con.
>>
>>9145968
Only pros like him
>>
>>9146267
>>9145968

It's not that hard to carry two zoom lenses when doing group shots.

Let's disregard for a moment the fact EMCP (and other togs) use other large equipment (light stands, strobes) during the day, which would make carrying lots of equipment a given.

Why would any photog worth their craft go to a convention expecting one lens to cover most photoshoots? First you said "Most photogs only carry one lens" and now you're saying "one or two". Mind you, I'm saying this not even considering myself a "pro" photog, this is just a hobby. But if I were to charge for photoshoots I'd have to expect to put in real work.

Did you also forget for a brief moment that zoom lens exist? That's probably what happened when you set yourself up with that "How many lenses do you have?" question, which was dumb. It sounds like you're the GWC here.

But to answer your question, I carry an 85mm 1.8 and a 24-70mm 2.8 because those cover a lot of ground on a crop sensor. I carry a 14mm 2.8 and the 24-70mm when I am photographing everything else to pass the time (not related to cosplay/human subjects).
>>
>>9146104

That's an honestly strange (to me) set of lenses you have there, but I can respect it. I haven't heard of a 50-100 and the only 17-50 I can think of is a Sigma. Not knocking on your choice since you covered enough ground (especially on APS-C) it just sounds uncommon.

How is that set working for you?
>>
>>9146267
http://www.popsci.com/inside-white-house-photographer-pete-souzas-camera-bag while I am not this tier, this is the typical pro setup. A widish lens, a varizoom for basic functions and a teleprime for portraits/reach.

>>9146449
The 50-100 (1.8!)is an amazing sigma product (its an ultra fast zoom, and I can use it for say targeting cosplayers in group shots and keeping some bokeh for one shot/reach).

17-50 is for general walk around but I am probally going to end up semi retiring that lens since I prefer my (new canon) 50, and I'm saving up for a 1.4 since apparently people like bokeh (and I love the low light performance from when I rented the thing).

I bought an A7 a while back and I use a 16-35 on that for video work and wide/ultra wide, (honestly at around 24-26, that and the built in parorama make amazing group shot photos which are to die for.). I am a tryhard though and use dual cameras just for small shoots so I don't have to waste time and loose the ~moment~ when shooting, because this is where I become an artist, you don't want to loose that moment.

>>9146424
there is only ONE possible 'cover everything' lens, the meme tier 24-105 2.8 tamron (and its ... its really old and not say bad, but its... kinda mediocre). Now if you had a new version of that, you could make an argument that it covers everything.
Thread posts: 225
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.