[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

own character cosplay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 12

File: askasunset.jpg (799KB, 2261x2891px) Image search: [Google]
askasunset.jpg
799KB, 2261x2891px
Show your own creations. OC cosplay, own/unique design etc. Credits of related picture to Wolf Queen Aska Kjelu Russ.
>>
bump for interest
>>
>>9103094
bump
>>
I'd love to cosplay my own characters but alas I don't look even remotely like any of them.
>>
>>9105176
Can relate. The beauty standard in my conculture is tan skin, dark hair, and blue eyes. I have...the blue eyes.
>>
I made a Godzilla sentai costume a few years back. I wish i had more photos of it
>>
File: a342q345.png (275KB, 1300x1495px) Image search: [Google]
a342q345.png
275KB, 1300x1495px
One of my future cosplays is going to be my Tiefling character from DnD. I based her on an existing picture, but she's been through so many redesigns that she's almost entirely unique now. My problem is I made her so tall and I am 5'1... But I am sure I can add a few inches at least. Not sure how to do the horns though as they're connected to her nose. Oh well!
>>
>>9105198
All of my characters are either the wrong race or gender except one who is rail thin which definitely isn't me.

>>9105820
Nice this is ambitious! Would love to see this done.
>>
File: heresy_by_angerelic-d59ah2n.png (491KB, 900x617px) Image search: [Google]
heresy_by_angerelic-d59ah2n.png
491KB, 900x617px
>>9103094
That butchered Space Marine Armor

I have nothing against female Space Marines but goddamn atleast make the power armor properly
>>
File: reptile-face-mask.jpg (155KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
reptile-face-mask.jpg
155KB, 800x800px
>>9105820
Maybe do a half-mask style prosthetic? Shittily Googled pic for reference of the style I mean.
And maybe you could add height with the digitigrade legs?
http://www.instructables.com/id/Werewolf-Stilts-digitigrade-legs/
Don't know how safe those are, though.
>>
>>9107135
Could be scout armor. Stings the eyes nonetheless.
>>
File: Avian-concept-art.jpg (640KB, 2000x1087px) Image search: [Google]
Avian-concept-art.jpg
640KB, 2000x1087px
I want to make a mascot suit for my oc (pic related) but that would basicly make it a fursuit/turn him into a fursona.. and I don't want people to think I'm a creepy furry but it looks like such a fun challenge to make this.
>>
>>9108245
Furfag here. There's this one Japanese fursuiter who I think owns the only non-scary fursuit in the world: Radywolf/Rufen.

I'm sorry in advance if I made you cringe.
>>
File: IMG_20160721_124901.jpg (1MB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160721_124901.jpg
1MB, 1564x1564px
I dig the idea of this board, so I'll post to bump it up. These were just pictures from a friend's phone so excuse the less-than-stellar quality.
I did a character design based on a race/class from the Kingkiller Chronicle series by Pat Rothfuss. Their sword styles are largely up in the air too, so I went with a rapier-inspired design.
>>
>>9108350
Not the same anon you were speaking with, but japs tend to have the cutest mascot and fursuits. Almost makes me consider being a furfag.
>>
Hell, I'd love to cosplay some of my own characters (and my create-a-characters in videogames), but I sometimes I worry if it's a little egotistical ...I dunno.
>>
>>9109829
I mean... 50% (let's get real 90%) of cosplay is already look-at-me-in-this-awesome-thing-I-made(tm) the hobby so...
>>
>>9108350
i'm not even a furry but this is cute
>>
>>9109829
>but I sometimes I worry if it's a little egotistical ...I dunno.
pretty much what >>9110302 said.

if anything, you should worry if your OC is actually well designed. ive seen people cosplay as their own characters but its just them in a randomly styled wig and a regular clothes.
>>
>>9109829
>create-a-characters in videogames
I mean, technically people already do this if they cosplay an armor design from an MMO and then style their wig and make-up as the character that wears it. I'd totally do it.

I have just random OCs floating around, but also DnD characters I'd love to cosplay. I don't even care if no one knows who you are when you're at a con or something, I just want to bring a character I love to life.
>>
File: avian_handling_big_pole.jpg (294KB, 822x1026px) Image search: [Google]
avian_handling_big_pole.jpg
294KB, 822x1026px
>>9108350
If I would ever make a suit of my character I hope it could be this cute. Def not cringy/creepy at all.
>>
>>9103094
>exposed midriff
Guess Fenris ain't really that cold
>>
File: all.jpg (768KB, 820x1902px) Image search: [Google]
all.jpg
768KB, 820x1902px
I have a ton of OCs (pic related) that I'd like to cosplay. I think the element girls would be really challenging to make.
>>
>>9109829
I never really saw the point in people cosplaying OCs. I get the creative aspect of it but I'd never wear it to a con unless it was that impressive that I could enter in a contest
>>
>>9110985
Same.
Kind of egomaniacal.
>>
>>9108350
Radywolf shut her account down for some reason and I don't know why. Was she being harassed?
>>
>>9103094
> obvious slutty warhammer cosplay

I wouldn't necessarily call this original.
>>
File: v.png (183KB, 600x281px) Image search: [Google]
v.png
183KB, 600x281px
This is the only photo I can find. No, I didn't draw it. Its recolored from something I don't even remember now from back in 2005 when I was a part of the online roleplay community on MySpace. He's a personification of Gossip and his brother is Rumor. Basically twins since gossip and rumors for hand in hand. Its a whole complicated as fuck storyline and blah blah blah. I would love to cosplay him, but my curvy female body would never do him justice. Fuck.. Almost 12 years later and I still love my OC.

I feel so old..
>>
File: tumblr_ne30e1R5ou1spwvoso1_1280.jpg (105KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ne30e1R5ou1spwvoso1_1280.jpg
105KB, 1024x768px
>>9108350
Japanese ones tend to have much better proportions which make them endearing. Western ones can never quite get it right, especially the eyes.

But then, Japan tends to be amazing at fursuits even when they don't go for the cute look.
>>
>>9111729
The big difference between a lot of japanese people and Westerners/American is tastefulness. It's obvious in fashion but shows up in even niche things like fursuiting apparently. Artistic skill has somethign to do with it too I guess.
Skill can be be learned, so while the construction skill of American fursuiters can be good, a majority don't nearly have as good of taste and aestheticism.
>>
>>9111729
>>9111771
Well you have to take into account wearability. I own two (one of western style and one of eastern) and the Western one is so much easier to wear for longer periods of time. Smaller mouths are harder on breathing and most Japanese fursuiters use plastic over the eyes to give that shine; Unfortunately causing vision to disappear due to fogging. Japanese fursuits also tend to be padded for the gods which suck to wear for long as well. Lots of heat and sweat, even when wearing the proper under attire.

Japanese suits look nice, but that's about it. I enjoy and understand the appeal but functionality wise the west beats them out most if the time; Dead-eyed or not.
>>
>Have a slew of OCs with friend
>Want to do a cosplay of two of our tribal / island village characters
>tfw open-chest binding looks like shit

I guess I just want an excuse to make the outfits she designs for them into real because they look nice af. She's been designing new outfits lately but I can't think of any excuse to ever wear them in real life.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.