[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 32

File: img20160715_19563527.jpg (998KB, 1639x1372px) Image search: [Google]
img20160715_19563527.jpg
998KB, 1639x1372px
Old one >>9097836

>mfw AP continues crosses trend
>>
>>9102785
That looks like an easter print.
>>
>>9102785
That's cute, it reminds me of a wedding.
>>
Am I the only one that doesn't like jewelry/wristcuffs? I feel like without rings, bracelets, and wristcuffs my coords are never complete but even in normal fashion I've never worn things on my hands or wrists.
>>
>>9102785
Aww, this is lovely! Kind of like a mix between Cherry Marguerite and Tiara Rose!
>>
>>9102785

Oh for fucks sake.

>tfw not even a real Catholic anymore
>never go to church
>still find putting crosses as random fashion accessories tacky as fuck

Sometimes I'll love a dress and there's just a random cross on it and into the trash it goes.

I mean, you do you Gulls, I ain't gonna judge if you buy those dresses, but I for one am pretty sick of it.
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 345x542px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 345x542px
I laughed when it happened with Antoinette Decoration and /cgl/ swooped in to defend AP saying they weren't "real crosses" and that it wouldn't happen again.

I said that they wouldn't stop, that it would continue and /cgl/ denied it, but I was right.
>>
>>9102811
what bizarro world have you come from? got caps for this?

most seagulls seem to expect more and more crosses from AP, so your claim seems rather snowflakey.
>>
>>9102809
Seriously not even trying to be an edge lord, but like... I don't know I like appropriating religion? I'm very anti religion and I think if people find out you're just wearing crosses cause they're cute and not because Jesus died on a cross, more and more people will gain the knowledge that religion isn't a real thing anymore because not even people who look like they're into, really believe it. They all just pick and choose what they want out of a religion and don't really believe things anyway.
>>
>>9102848

You're not giving them the knowledge that religion isn't a thing anymore, you're giving them the knowledge that you don't give a shit about their beliefs.

I mean, call it for what it is anon. You're not turning anyone into the glorious arms of the atheists by putting sparkles on a cross. Nobody else is reading that deep into your choice to wear that, nobody sees your glittervomit kawaii lace pile and goes "Oh! I understand now! All religions by necessity have embraced or ignored specific parts of their holy book to suit the culture of the times! GOD IS DEAD!"
>>
>>9102866
I didn't say anything about atheism.
>>
>>9102848
I'm a practicing Christian, and don't mind non-religious folk wearing the cross. If some people just see it as a pretty symbol, that's what it is to them. I don't think it's appropriation, since different symbols mean different things to different people. I see a lotus flower as just a lotus, but a Hindi or Buddhist would see something more special to them.

Not even going to comment on the pick and choose statement, since whatever I say will be shot down. :P
>>
>>9102871

.........anon. Is this bait?
>>
So does anyone know when Mary Magdalene is going to open reservations for the Dellis Fleurs rerelease? I need to throw money at them so the damn company doesn't die.

>>9102872
If you're not going to comment on it, why even bring it up?
>>
>>9102809

It's almost like Japan is used to '''''''appropriating''''''' cultures and has christian weddings only because they look cool.

I'm just sick of the cross trend because it doesn't make any bloody sense anymore. Like ooooOOOoOooOo crosses! It doesn't even have a religious trend to go with it anymore, it's just another piece of solid matter in this pastel vomit they put out every season.
>>
>>9102841
check the archives from when AD got announced. I'm not going to spoon feed you
>>
>>9102907
Sorry no. Let me make myself more clear, because I already tried to address, I'm not trying to be an edgelord. Also I'm not a fucking atheist looking to preach atheism.
I'm just anti organized religion.

We had some threads in the past about the religious links to lolita, not just AP, and how people feel about it.
I guess I could go into my first hand experience with religion which is rather unique and I'm part of a group of people who were brought up in the same cult like religion I was and they also left for these reasons.

I don't claim to know that God doesn't exist. God could be a real thing. Who fucking knows. I'm just against groups of people getting together to try and persuade other groups of people that they definitely are sure God exists, or if they want to say god doesn't exist and they are pushing atheism on people (like on reddit) then I'm against that too.

If you think my opinions are ridiculous then whatever, go a head and settle for the "you're just trollin" argument to shut it down.

SAGE FOR FUCKING OFF TOPIC.
>>
>>9102799
I don't like wristcuffs, and also very rarely wear rings and such jewelry in my regular clothes. Regularly I only wear earrings (usually the same pair for long amounts of time because I don't bother changing earrings for an outfit. I just stick to smaller pearl, diamond, or gold stud earrings that go with everything), and a watch.
But yep in lolita I feel like I have to throw on at least a necklace, bracelet, and ring to make the outfit not look naked.
>>
>>9102918
Everyone knows now that spoonfeed is code for "I don't know the answer"
>>
>>9102914
Apart from Cherry Marguerite I think the crosses for the most part make sense in the prints. Celestial, Cecilia Cross, and Milky Cross are all playing with angelic/heavenly themes, and this new one looks like a summer wedding so they're not all that shoehorned. Doesn't mean I'm not sick of them either though, they're the new carousel print.
>>
>>9102811
no one said that ap wouldn't do it again, just that the ones in antoinette decoration were fleur de lis, not crosses. stop being retarded, anon
>>
>>9102785

In my mind, doves & bells = wedding but crosses made of flowers = funeral so this print really confuses me.
>>
>>9102936
Oh maybe it's both!
>>
>>9102936

Yes, exactly! I mean, maybe you can stretch it to a Christening? Maybe? But they're mostly for funerals.

They obviously had to look up reference pictures for a flower cross, did they somehow not pick up on the fact they're mostly pictured near caskets?

If you absolutely have to do a cross, and it must be made of flowers, and it has to be in pastels, at least go the creepy-cute way and stick some death references in so it looks like you actually tried.

It's pretty much what >>9102914 said, they don't even make sense anymore.
>>
>>9102604
This is one of my biggest gripes with the community.
Of course people should experiment, but nobody ever does because they are afraid of being "Ita". Japanese lolitas are bad for calling things ita too but their version of ita is different and a lot of them don't care as much.
>>
>>9102920

You know what, I'm just going to let it die. Nobody on this board cares about either of our religious upbringings.

But when you set out to deliberately "trigger" someone, don't be shocked when people side eye you.
>>
>>9102948

...the hell kinda family you have anon that has funerals and weddings at the same time?

>Gramgram really wanted to be there when Johnny and I got married!
>Are we crying from joy, or from witnessing the open casket? Who knows!
>>
>>9102956
Have you never heard of four weddings and a funeral?
>>
>>9102926
And I pointed out the crosses on the crowns that weren't FDL's and cgl whined and defended AP's shoehorning of crosses
>>
>>9102961

Never watched it, but hear the references all the time. Was the original comment one that just flew over my head, or were you building on the joke?
>>
>>9102949
>>9102936

It's very wedding like. Of course designers don't care about the funeral aspect, probably never been to a church service ever. Brick & Mortar churches are actually pretty rare in the east. The way they use the cross is like orientalism, but with western culture. They're just like "Oh, flowers and crosses that's pure/clean and pretty looking."

If you want off the crazy cross train, go look on taobao. Lots of other symbols have been popping up
>>
>>9102990
Yeah you could just get into menhera and wear the star of David instead.

>>9102967
You just didn't get the reference.
>>
>>9102918
Lmao you just don't know
>>
>>9103048

Shame bell for me
>>
>>9103059
so because I don't feel responsible for wiping your ass and holding your hand to give the answers I don't know? it's easy to find if you aren't a fucking newfag, go find it yourself
>>
>>9102785

This reminds me so much of happy bell by meta
>>
>>9103083
Was it in lolita gen? If so which one? Do you have any keywords or do you think people should just go research the archive for hours?

Sounds more like you remembered something from a thread you were in but don't have the evidence to back it up so yell at people about spoon feeding even though you've been called out twice now for not knowing the answer cause you fucking don't.
>>
>>9103091
I told you around the time of Antoinette decoration being released, if you search that and crosses you will find it. I can't believe you are this fucking stupid.
>>
What do you do with a mini-mini usakumya? I want to work mine into a coord but I'm not sure how.
>>
>>9103092
I can't believe you gals are arguing about this, it's so pathetic. Jesus Christ.
>>
File: cnRrZDA.png (101KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cnRrZDA.png
101KB, 500x500px
>>9102950
This.
Why not stop trying to get CoF likes and just have fun with the fashion instead?
>>
>>9103100
but arguing is fun and anon is an idiot who can't use the archives so they want me to spoon feed them
>>
>>9102920
Good for you that you're anti organized religion, anon, but millions of people are and wearing their holy symbols on your clothes doesn't do shit to make other people "see the truth you've discovered".

Some people view these things as very sacred to them. It's not a costume or a "fashion statement". If you wouldn't wear a Native American-printed dress & war chief headdress, or I don't know, an Islam-themed dress with a matching ~kawaii hijab~ or whatever, then why would you think it's okay to wear a dress with crosses on it?

Religious themes need to stay out of Lolita, whether they're Christian or otherwise. Most fucking Japanese people I met while doing mission service there don't know who Christ is other than an English curse word so THAT'S why it is appropriation. My religion is an accessory to them.
>>
>>9103096
Stick it onto your bag, stick it on your head, stick it on a larger Usakumya.
>>
>>9102956
You know that chinese thing where they wed two dead people in the hope they'll have a good marriage in heaven?
>>
>>9103106
poor oppressed western girl. Not like Christians are trying to fucking force that shit on us all the time everywhere, right?
>>
>>9103106
No one cares about your religion. Go away and stop shitting up the thread.
>>
>>9103119

Not like AP is trying to fucking force that shit on us all the time right?

(Diff anon but kekking hard at the irony. They force it everywhere, so we should force it here in retaliation! No place should be cross free!)
>>
>>9102848
>I'm very anti religion
>people read that it could mean atheism
>you dumb fucks, I'm just anti organized religion. how dare you misconstrue my true meaning!

Maybe you should have clearly expressed yourself by saying that the first time instead of acting like a pissbaby because people can't read your mind.
>>
>>9103119
>>9103120
ok salty samefag. get the sand out of your cunt.

you'd be more believable if you didn't post in the same fucking minute. kek
>>
>>9103132
not anyone who replied to you but are you retarded or just new?
>>
>>9103106
Missionaries were the ones that brought Christian symbols and motifs into Japan in the first place so you can't really blame the Japanese for the fact that you guys were so bad at spreading the Good Word that they only remembered the pretty symbols.

Also, the war bonnet-cross analogy doesn't really work because the war bonnet is associated with some sort of religious/cultural status whereas (as far as I know anyways) the cross is something that anyone can wear. Nun habits or papal tiaras would be a more apt comparison.

Having said that though, I don't think there'd be anything wrong with incorporating religious themes/motifs into lolita if they're done tastefully by people who actually know about the religion they're representing.
>>
>>9103120
oh fuck off anon. anon wasn't shoving anything down anyone's throats so fucking take a chill pill desu. i'm athiest but still care about people's beliefs being respected. just like i don't like getting shit for not believing in it. you don't have to be such a bitch.
>>
>>9103135

>incorporating religious themes/motifs into lolita if they're done tastefully by people who actually know about the religion they're representing.

A Catholic-chan here, I'd be way more ok with it if they were used like how you're describing. If they were tasteful or applied in a way that made it clear it was at least thought about a little I'd be far more on board. Shoehorning in random crosses is a bit weird to me.
>>
>>9103135
your first point is idiotic because it's not like the Japanese are fucking incapable of understanding how some things are sacred in the way that western people can understand not to wear things. Sure most of them are racist but its not like they don't have the "able to understand cultural appropriation" gene.

Yes anyone can wear a cross but it's a sacred religious symbol, not a fashion accessory or ~trend~, and that's what I meant. You can equate it to wearing henna or bindi, wearing a hijab, putting Stars of David on a dress. it's not like putting an angel or something. I won't piss everyone off with my religious testimony on here but I really can't explain how much of a sacred reminder it is to millions of people. (It's even worse when stores sell clothes with upside down crosses on it).

And knowing about a religion and respecting it is one thing. But AP doesn't do this! They don't create these designs with correct knowledge of appropriate use, expecting their intended audience to know of and respect it as well. They are making it into accessories and fashion statements because it's trendy western style~~~!!!!
>>
>>9103106
What part about off topic did you miss. Whatever let's get this thread deleted, it's already off to a shit start.
>>
I just like crosses the same as I like lilies, tiny things, frilly dresses and the color blue.
My parents are buddhists and I was never offended when people had ceramic buddhas in their hallways/front lawns as decoration.
I'm not a christian so how do I draw the line for what's kosher?
Should I stop eating beef/laughing cow cheese because it's disrespectful to hindus?
>>
>>9103145
I don't think it's that they're incapable, I think it's that they dot give a shit which is why they decided to make it a cute accessory.
Same way they don't give a shit about being racist until people start threatening to not buy their products.
>>
>>9103147
>'what part of off topic did you miss'
>OP's introduced topic was 'oh look more crosses in Lolita'
>mfw
>>
>>9103147
Agreed...once people get started about ~cultural appropriation~ they don't stop.
>>
>>9103150
This. Americans appropriate Japanese things all the time. It's a two way street.
>>
>>9103153
Lolita fashion as a whole is nothing but cultural appropriation.
>>
>>9103152
This topic isn't about lolita anymore. Can you not read or are you trying that lame loophole shitposting tactic I mentioned in another thread.
>>
>>9103142
I have to clarify the reason it ruffles me so much is because of the misuse of it (er, I mean, the way it looks "shoehorned," a really good way to put it) and even if I weren't religious it's still just random most of the time. THATS why it's annoying

so I'll agree that if there were something truly tasteful and well-thought that I'd bite. But I've never seen anything like it yet. I also think it'd be more fair if there were another religion used so much, but the fact that there isn't just proves my point that it's because Japanese people see specifically Christianity as an accessory.

I also think different sects (and just personal worship style) of Christianity find this more off-putting than others
>>
>>9103152
>>9102699
From the thread that got deleted earlier:

>SO this thread is OBVIOUS shitposting but it gets around it using the loophole of "no this is on topic" because it is. However OP admits they are a wrong doing person and is pretty much just grabbing guaranteed replies. This is a really old trolling tactic, I know because I used to use it on /v/. All of my LoZ threads were on topic but it was still just me shitposting just because.

>Avatar fagging will get this thread deleted faster as it will autosage if it reaches max photo limit since it might be trickier than usual to get this thread deleted.
>>
>>9103158
then why didn't you actually offer some new topic of discussion in this thread instead of just bitching about it??

im contributing and directly responding to people talking directly about the use of it in Lolita coords and by Japanese Lolita brands, and why they shouldn't.

You just don't like this topic.
>>
>>9103150
your parents are Buddhist or you are? There's a difference there IMO if something offends you because you practice it actively or because your parents do. I can't compare it to anything in your life just like a black person can't compare smth to a white person's life to explain why blackface is offensive.

If you don't understand the cultural and possible spiritual connotation something has (a cross is not the same to everyone the way a flower is), then you can't possibly understand why it would be offensive. I wouldn't wear a hijab, Star of David, bindi, chief headdress, nun costume or anything else anon above mentioned because I know they're special to other people.
Also just curious why specifically mention laughing cow brand cheese? hahaha
>>
I'm sure this question has been answered half a million times here, but how long would you give a Lacemarket seller to ship an item after they receive payment for it?
>>
>>9103162

Totally agree anon.
>>
>>9103166
This person attempted to change the topic actually but here you are, still shitposting:
>>9102950
>so, not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but sometimes I'll come across a street snap coord from a scan that, if it wasn't situated within a fashion mag (but on, say, CoF), would be considered a big mess.

>Do you wish there was more room for strange experimentation (but sticking to the basic tenets of princess-y silhouette, modesty, headwear, etc.)?
>I feel like, since lolita is j-fashion, Tokyo snaps are instantly regarded as inspo and the outfits are generally unquestioned.
>...which begs the question: do we gaijin even genuinely participate in the fashion, or are we all imitators?
>>
>>9103170
I haven't practiced since I was a kid but my parents didn't get offended either. They understood that not everyone sees buddha as they do and those people did not mean to use him in any disrespectful way.
However I will say they bought me a Bible and took me to Sunday school every week as free daycare. So maybe my view on religion is totally fucked.

Also I was trying to think of something that used a cow as their mascot. I could only think of Laughing Cow cheese.
>>
>>9102962
a cross on the top of a crown is not shoehorning; crowns commonly have a cross in that area. no one was whining and defending AP, the thread just wasn't agreeing with you being overly zealous on trying to shit on AP when the very few crosses used in the Antoinette print were completely appropriate.
>>
>>9103170
Man some people worship cats but I'm not gonna stop wearing cat shirts because "they're special to some people"
If you care about other people so much, what are you even doing on this site.
>>
>>9103195
because there's more on this site than just the making fun of ugly people. whatever, I don't care if you do, and I don't look @ those threads anyways. I avoid what i don't like, but this is the "general" thread.

and I'm a general nice fucking person who doesn't blatantly do shit to spite or offend other people, like the original anons I replied to. there actually are some people who go on 4chan that aren't complete dicks all the time.
>>
>>9103201
>there actually are some people who go on 4chan that aren't complete dicks all the time.
I've met some of those people in person anon. Also what board is there not horrible insults being flung? Also image dump threads get trolled sometimes as well as the BST thread. Nothing is sacred here man, that is what I'm trying to say.
>>
>>9103186
depends on their TOS. if it's not previously stated how long it takes to ship, I would wait 2-4 days and then ask about it. If I don't get a response within a day or two I might then report it. Its never gotten to that point though because they always tell me that it has shipped or when it will.

A lot of factors to consider when answering this though. What are their shipping terms, is it international, did you pay for priority/tracking, etc.
Also some people just don't tell you when it's shipped if you didn't get priority or tracking.
>>
there is so much happening in this thread help
>>
>>9103145
My point isn't whether they're capable or even whether or defending their actions. I'm just saying that the specific conditions under which the cross was introduced into Japan is unique from most other instances of ~cultural appropriation~ in that the practitioners spread it to outsiders as opposed to outsiders taking it from practitioners.

Also seeing as this thread has a decent chance of getting nuked, this question might be pointless to ask, but what is >>9102785 called and when is it being released?
>>
>>9103213
It has been about two days since I last heard from them. Their last message was that they were sending it out, and I sent a follow up message asking about tracking this morning, which I did pay for.

I know people have lives outside of the internet, so I don't want to seem pesty. But to get no word on a package two days after it was supposed to be sent out is making me nervous.
>>
File: therideneverends.jpg (74KB, 300x306px) Image search: [Google]
therideneverends.jpg
74KB, 300x306px
>lolita general
>everyone is bickering about religion and sex
>mfw
>>
>>
>>9103251
https://youtu.be/FsBpjqsI1tQ?t=3
>>
"I feel sorry for you, never having really really good sex"

"keeps going on about how her and her totally amazing at fucking BF are super kinky and totally the hottest at sex ever"

Is this 2 different anons or?

>>9103247
When is this not being discussed in lolita whether it's ageplay, sissies, or what have you.

Back on topic. Does Ista Mori re-release things normally or was that just for the Nameless Poem hype? Bummed I missed out on this beauty.
>>
File: HWE_34958.jpg (24KB, 263x300px) Image search: [Google]
HWE_34958.jpg
24KB, 263x300px
>>9102785
it reminds me of this. R.I.P.
>>
>>9103258
"Sweet is dying and we killed it" print.
>>
>>9103254

I'm sad I missed that too. Also very curious, it's so lovely.
>>
>>9103268

kek/10
>>
File: 07121928_5784c649d3e61.jpg (132KB, 710x358px) Image search: [Google]
07121928_5784c649d3e61.jpg
132KB, 710x358px
So, how about that AP summer sale? Any clue what they'll be putting up?
>>
>>9103286
Probably Magic Princess and Cecilia Cross.
>>
>>9103286
isn't it already up? or is this not for the USA store?
>>
>>9103244
Yeah it's possible that outside of being busy they may have just forgot to send a tracking number or had multiple sales to send out and forgot yours.

I've recently done this with a bunch of LM sellers to ask for tracking, even Takoyaki forgot to send mine to me. I don't think it would hurt to just send another message tomorrow or s/t.
>>
>>9103286
I'm hoping to grab a Twinkle Sky JSK, there's no doubt that will be in the sale. Hoping for a bargain since no one liked it.
>>
>>9103336
Jp anon. It's only noon ish there.
>>
>>9103345
r u dum?
>>
Is anyone having an issue with LM, that when listing a listing that has "minor stains" or anything bad, it isn't show up in your managed listings?

Are they doing some sort of approval thing for things with damages? It's like the tiniest little stain, I just wanted to disclose it.
>>
>>9103342
Best of luck! It's really a great dress in person, I love the fabric. I got it in navy when it went on sale for 10k yen in store.
>>
I know this is gonna sound dumb but... what the fuck is burberry fabric? When Google translates their shop all the fabric is called burberry? And I looked it up on google and nothing is making sense.
>>
>>9103254
I was the one talking about how people like different types of sex. There was another anon talking about how people need to have sex to not be angry which is a very old normie meme.
>>
>>9103216
>just throwing insults
>not answering questions
Are you HWC2?
>>
>>9103232
You're obviously mad that you're fucking faggy 15 year old boy joke didn't go over.
>>
Jesus this thread is a fucking mess.

So Baby just issued a formal apology on their weibo, with their teaparty announcement.

>They confirm the staff that wrote the emails has been FIRED
>No confirmation whether it actually is Tocco
>It likely is

Very grovelly toned Japanese style email.
http://www.weibo.com/ttarticle/p/show?id=2309403997729889099905#_0

Translating....
>>
>>9103388
>bringing up she who shall not be named

Why do people still do this? You're encouraging her. She is absolutely insane and loves when we talk about her.
>>
>>9103396
She shits up threads regardless of whether or not she has been mentioned and she doesn't always own up to it.
Not only that but you haven't lurked hard enough if you think people here aren't impersonating her.
It actually does help to pay attention to the farm on occasion.
>>
>>9103399
I didn't say people weren't impersonating her, you're assuming a lot. All I said is you shouldn't bring her up.
>>
>>9103395
Love your name but you're just gonna get banhammed again.
Pls translation before thread is delete
>>
>>9103395
>To all the Chinese guests
Due to the personal actions of one of our employees, the feelings of many customers have been hurt. For this our company issues our deepest apologies. We have confirmed that our employee did send these extremely rude emails, and the staff as a whole are very shocked, dismayed, and sorry that this happened.

When confronting the employee, they personally admitted to letting their personal feelings take over, and expressed their desire to resign. Our company has deeply reflected on the nature of this event, and has made the termination of this employee our first and utmost priority. As of July 15th 2016 they are officially no longer with us.

In order to rebuild our overseas department, we are now urgently hiring formal staff, and will commence our new operations with the strictest education and management. Until the new department is ready, our most dedicated and responsible core staff will handle the overseas contact, supported by other employees. We hope to maintain an acceptable level of service this way.

1/2
>>
>>9103400
She's not candlejack you moron. If you say her name in the mirror three times she doesn't appear behind you and shit in your burando.

She posts here and she isn't going to stop just because. Did you not witness the lurk more fiasco?
>>
File: baby111.jpg (326KB, 742x926px) Image search: [Google]
baby111.jpg
326KB, 742x926px
>>9103401
>>9103402
Thanks <3

Our company has attended the Dalian international fashion show twice since 2010, as well as the "Shanghai Japan Cultural Week" in 2011, and hosted a minor tea party in Shanghai in 2012 at the invitation of the Japanese embassy. In 2014 and 2015 we also held tea parties in Shanghai. Through these activities, we are actively searching for opportunities to promote lolita fashion to all those in China.

In 2010, we first made contact with Chinese customers through a sales agent, holding sales events in Dalian. Through this experience, our company hoped we could bring the lolita aesthetic to China earlier than other Japanese brands. After coming into direct contact with many of our Chinese customers, we felt closer than ever.

This time, the actions of one employee has damaged our carefully maintained bond of trust. Even more serious, is it impacted the dreams and expectations which are held in connection with our dresses, and to this we are deeply pained.

The content of those emails were absolutely not aligned with the views of our staff in general. Even so, we cannot change the fact that those inappropriate comments did come from our staff member. Our company deeply apologises for those hurt by our inadequate management.

We know it will not be easy to regain this trust in a day. So from here-on-after, we will make sure to completely educate our staff, so that this does not happen again. We hope you all can enjoy our wonderful world of lolita together, and we can create even better products and renew our pursuit of our company's internal management.

For all those customers hurt by this unfortunate experience, we are sincerely apologetic.

Baby the Stars Shine Bright
>Isobe signature

2/2

Feel free to repost on FB or anywhere you like.
>>
>>9103406
I gotta say, they cleaned this up much better than AP
>>
>>9103409
You spelled cum wrong
>>
>>9103412
I'm not talking about orgasming you skank
>>
>>9103106
>native american
>Arabs
Did your parents drop you when you were a child? Need I remind you that lolita is a fashion with an aesthetic based in eighteen and nineteen European fashion. Europe was a continent with almost entirely catholic countries. That being said is understandable why brands would use catholic motifs in their prints, whoever that doesn't mean they're gonna make prints of every damn religion so tumblr fags and other mentally challenge girls who decide it's cute to wear a hijab feel included into the fashion.

That being said, everyone stop acting like a group of faggots and face the facts. Catholicism is associated with art in many of its forms, deal with it. Japanese brands aren't the only ones to fucking use cross in their items.
And all of those who mentioned 'cultural appropriation' I suggest you to take a look at your life and revaluate your choices because it's time to erase your tumblr account, close down your computer and start learning what real life is about.
>>
>>9103106
> If you wouldn't wear a Native American-printed dress & war chief headdress, or I don't know, an Islam-themed dress with a matching ~kawaii hijab~ or whatever,

I think actually I would wear that, as long as it looked good and fir the aesthetic I was going for.
>>
>>9103426
Is everyone over looking that there are in fact Japanese catholics??
>>
File: armpit-fan.jpg (135KB, 600x941px) Image search: [Google]
armpit-fan.jpg
135KB, 600x941px
holy fuck someone buy these and wear them in lolita lmao
>>
>>9103482
Wouldn't that just make whatever the smell is waft around?
It's like farting in front of a fan.

Inb4 wear deodorant
>>
>>9102785
Awful.
>>
>>9103494
I figured this was more to stay cool so you dont sweat so bad?

Id totally wear some for the novelty
>>
>>9103501
Yes, I know.
Still, my point stands.
>>
>>9103515
>doesn't know anything about East Asians
>>
>>9103516
I know they don't really sweat that much. It's been discussed in threads before.
I wasn't necessarily talking about the Japanese... other anon was saying someone here should do it. Guess who frequents this site more.
>>
>>9103522
Gross smelly itas who never wash their brand.
>>
I'm a pretty well known cosplayer in my country/state (like 20k+ followers, not trying to humble brag, just trying to give you the full situation) and I've been building a lolita wardrobe for a while now, but haven't posted any photos as I am worried of how the lolita community might view me being a past cosplayer considering there's usually a bit of conflict between the two based on this board.. how do you think I should go about starting my new hobby so that my other hobby doesn't clash in negative light?
>>
>>9103563
There isn't really a conflict at all and many lolitas also cosplay. They just don't like being mistaken for being in cosplay when they are wearing lolita.
>>
>>9101126
Seconding this. This sounds really enticing but I'm having trouble finding reviews for them
>>
>>9103563
What >>9103565 said. As long as you're well dressed (and take concrit well if you aren't) no one is going to care.
>>
>>9103563
As long as you don't call Lolita cosplay and can take crit well no one will care that you cosplay. You just have to separate the two. A lot of Lolitas, my self included, cosplay. I think the biggest problem you will face is wanting to wear cosplay or Lolita to conventions.
>>
Does AP consolidate orders? I ordered two sale dresses separately and tenso charges to do it.
>>
>>9103563

You begin like any other normal non-cosplayer person. Buy the clothes, put together coords, wear said coords. If you want to go for meetups, apply to your local lolita comm like a normal person, behave at meetups like a normal, well-adjusted person.

So long as you don't do anything dumb like show up to lolita meetups in cosplay (especially not "lolita" cosplay), or take sexy selfies while wearing lolita, or invent a maido lolita persona to pander to your 20k+ followers, you'll do fine.

So far as interacting with other lolitas go, I wouldn't expect them to be one thing or another. A lot of lolitas cosplay, but a lot of lolitas don't. A lot of lolitas are anime nerds, a lot aren't. Lolita gamers range from hardcore fans of certain series, to casuals who only play handphone games. So no real common denominator, and I wouldn't go to meetups expecting every other lolita is a cosplayer, either.
>>
>>9103609

They don't. I last asked years ago though.
>>
>>9102799
I don't like having stuff on my hands/wrists either. The only thing I can stand is rings, and even then they have to be minimal without sticking out too much which excludes 99% of lolita rings. When I'm wearing short sleeves and my hands feel bare I try to do something nice with my nails but again, no 3D nail art.
>>
>>9103140
Anon said she was a missionary. Missionaries shove their religion down other people's throats. That's literally in the job description.
>>
>>9103563
I hate a lot of the cosplayers in my comm because they really don't treat lolita as a fashion. They only wear it to con's or meet-ups, think it looks too weird to wear for any other occassion. They have no personal taste or sense of style, tell everyone to wear a wig and are obsessed with the rules. They're also the ones who only wear OTT and judge you if you wear a non-OTT coord because they think it's boring and uncreative. If you're not like that then it's fine tough.
>>
>>9102785
They look like funeral wreaths
>>
What do you guys think of the rumour that Facebook is shutting down pages with lolita in the name? Two of the groups I'm in changed their names today.
>>
>>9102920
new pasta?
>>
Can anyone recommend some good Japanese indie gothic brands?
>>
>>9102799
I hate wrist cuffs. I think they look a bit silly in a majority of outfits ive seen them in. I don't do lolita jewellery at all. I stick to the same jewellery I always wear, which works well for what lolita styles I'm into. Simple but sophisticated.
>>
>>9103618

former missionary anon just here to say that 1. you're hard to take seriously when you use the over-used, ever-popular (and inaccurate) "shoving down your throats" phrase

and to say 2. that you don't know shit about missionaries if you think direct proselytizing is all they do.
I arrived in Japan right after the earthquake-tsunami mess and spent almost all of my mission doing service and helping clean up the disaster mess. It was hard, dirty work. And then twice a week I taught free English classes to further serve the people. I almost never taught spiritual stuff unless I was asked about the church I'm from or why I was there. and I spent my own money ($400 a month) to be there

but yeah go ahead and shit on it like you know what you're talking about at all
>>
>>9103426
Bitch can you fucking read?? I didn't ever say I wanted to wear another religion's themes on a dress. I was literally saying it would be as equally shitty.

Lolita fashion being loosely inspired by European fashion does not mean that every other fucking release should have daisy crosses on it. the beginnings of Lolita clothes looked more like fucking maid outfits. this bullshit is a recent trend that's gotten really annoying really fast, not something that's been around forever.
>>
>>9103470
is this bait lol
>>
>>9103650
Was part of it going knocking on people's doors or were you just doing relief work/language classes?

Not that other anon, but the part I don't like is when people knock on my door and ask to speak to me about religion. My house is my private abode, if I was to seek God I would go to his house. I am not ok with unsolicited visitors. It's a bit hard to understand what mission work is done when all we see is the door knocking.

To make this on topic: is wearing J-fash allowed when door knocking, Mission Anon? Or do you have a dress code?
>>
>>9103338

I would send another message, but I don't know how much good it would do, because the other two I've sent are still marked as unread.

It's so bizarre. The seller has pretty positive feedback from other buyers and sellers. It's almost like she just evaporated. I hope nothing bad happened to her.
>>
>>9103402
>>9103406

This is what an actual apology looks like. Good for the Isobe's and BtSSB. I'm also so fucking glad Tocco is finally gone. I feel like I can actually order directly from their Japanese site again.

So what has the Chinese reaction been to this?
>>
>>9103666
I'm not her, but there mission work implies service, not proselytizing. Even mormons and shit don't go to other countries to do that, so I doubt she would know. Stop being such an asshole to her because she's religious, especially since you clearly don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>9103679
Sorry. Genuinely not trying to be an arsehole about someone's religion. I don't know anyone who does mission work, I really don't know anything and that's why I asked. All I know is the door knocking. I'm sorry if it sounded offensive. I asked because I actually would like to know what they do, not to trick someone and troll them
>>
>>9103666
I found this amusing just because your post number has 666 in it is pretty much anti religion.
>>
>>9103679
>not proselytizing. Even mormons and shit don't go to other countries to do that

kek you obviously haven't been to australia, there are so many christian missionaries at bus stops targeting lone travellers
>>
>>9103693
forgot to add, all of them have travelled to australia from another country - usually the US or canada
>>
>>9103679

The service comes tied in with proselytizing usually though. Source: used to be in a very evangelical church. Not sure about Mormons, but for Christians preaching and serving go hand in hand as the latter will be considered as "helping." Not only that but good lord help you if you happen to have even well sourced constructive criticism of traditional mission work (e.g. That they aren't sensitive enough to peoples' cultural differences)
>>
File: crosses 1999-2011.png (825KB, 1000x1684px) Image search: [Google]
crosses 1999-2011.png
825KB, 1000x1684px
>>9103652
>this bullshit is a recent trend

Not really. I did a quick lolibrary search and incorporating crosses and religious images into details has been a lolita staple for quite some time. Sure they're way more popular than ever now that the sweet brands are getting in on the action, but the crosses have been a prominent motif in the fashion for at least a decade now.
>>
>>9103652
Ummm you must be new to the fashion if you think crosses and religious motifs are a new trend. Moitie has had religious imagery for years. Just because every newbie Lolitas favorite brand angelic pretty is now showing more crosses in their pronts doesn't mean it's a new trend.
>>
Same song, different verse. Some people hate the carousel, chocolate, kitty and toy motifs too. To most Japanese, I'm sure a cross is no more special than a chocolate bar. I don't like toy prints. There are a LOT of other prints for me to buy, far too many for me to be sitting around griping that I don't like toy prints.
>>
>>9103756
Yes but I think the point is throwing in the crosses when they aren't needed. For example Cherry Margarite did not need daisy shaped crosses. However, the cross is just a design motif to the brands, it really doesn't mean anything to them in reguards to worship practices.

When AP puts unfitting/forced motifs into their dresses it puts people's bloomers in a twist. If AP suddenly started adding chocolate motifs to every print I think we'd still see complaining about print cohestiveness.
>>
>>9103807
AP doesn't actually throw shoehorn that many crosses into prints then. Cherry Marguerite, Charlotte's Bear, and Shadow Dream Carnival are the only three prints where the cross is truly shoehorned and gratuitous. Most of the other things might be religiously irreverent and badly-designed, but they do have theme-related reasons to include crosses in the print.
>>
>>9103629
a few off the top of my head: antique beast, vierge vampur, sheglit, millefleurs-noirs (goth side of millefleurs).

sometimes goth: royal princess alice, triple fortune.

if you haven't checked out atellier pierrot please do, but I consider them burando.
>>
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but can you use Tenso within Japan?
I'll be moving there in about 3 weeks, and I'd like to order some things now but have them held at Tenso until I actually move into my apartment. Is this doable, or will I need to either wait or go through an SS like Tenshi?
>>
File: skirt.png (302KB, 602x725px) Image search: [Google]
skirt.png
302KB, 602x725px
This can be worn as a regular skirt as opposed to an underskirt, right? I mean, it's lined and can fit a petti...
>>
>>9103971
Yep! Tenso does domestic shipping too :)
>>
>>9103971
When you log in the domestic option is listed under "Optional Services" right under their International Shipping option
>>
>>9103971
>>9103999
>>9104002
Although the option does exist on the site, heres the info from their actual FAQ on shipping domestically

"We do not generally ship items to Japanese addresses.
However, we will comply under the circumstances shown below, and other situations that we deem appropriate.

We will ship items domestically if:
・The item was sent back to Japan because it could not be imported through your country's customs.
・The item cannot be exported through Japanese customs.

If the above conditions apply to your package, and you wish to send your item to a Japanese address, please remember to include the following information:
Address within Japan
Recipient's name
Telephone number (In Japan)
Requested delivery time
Post code "
>>
>>9103995
definitely, yes. the texture looks lovely too
>>
File: 1428381271a82332_1.jpg (37KB, 372x640px) Image search: [Google]
1428381271a82332_1.jpg
37KB, 372x640px
Does anyone know if this came out in different colours? And where to find old moitie stuff that lolibrary doesn't have?
>>
>>9103919
also the new aquarium one has stupid crosses in it (no need)
>>
>>9104043
No it doesn't? I have this print and there are no crosses in it.
>>
Secrets.
>>
>>9103629
adding to other anon, Miho Matsuda and (if you can find them second hand) Black Peace Now
>>
What's cgl's opinion on handmade plushie bags?
I want to make a usakumya bag, but in a red color with black accents so it matches one of my jsk's but I'm worried about it being too close to replica territory. I know plushie bags have been around for a while now, AP even made that dolly cat one and a bunny etc, but I'm worried making my own usakumya in the typical BtSSB style might land me in trouble. Should I try change the style/design or would it be okay to make my own differently colored replica.
>>
>>9103268
RIP thank god.
>>
>>9103220
Pam?
>>
>>9104050
I have it and I can say that it does
>>
>>9104158
Replicas of recognisable designs are generally frowned upon, making your own design is a much better idea.
>>
How and where do you store your Pettis??? I've always put mine at the bottom of my wardrobe, but now I need the space for something else so they've just been on the floor. Any ideas?
>>
>>9104206
clothes hanger on my desk, i barely use the space beneath it anyway. you can just store them anywhere, unlike the dresses they cannot fade in color or anything like that
>>
File: 71wYLPr1h9L._SY355_.jpg (13KB, 316x355px) Image search: [Google]
71wYLPr1h9L._SY355_.jpg
13KB, 316x355px
>>9104206
I use one of these things to hang my pettis, alternating them on each side. If you sort of spread them out on the hanger they don't take up too much closet space.
>>
>>9104213
>>9104209
Thanks, I have quite a small closet though so I'll try hangers and see how much space it takes up.

Another petticoat question:
Can Pettis be squished into small spaces and regain their poofyness? Also did anything ever happen about malco modes making Pettis for lolita? I emailed them ages ago when the petti train was in full force, but I've not heard any update since that whole debacle on FB whether malco modes wanted to steal that girls petti
>>
>>9104004
So basically I'm SOL?
I thought I'd read about someone doing this before, which is why I asked.
Hopefully Tenshi or someone will be willing to help a girl out.
>>
File: img_2834[1].jpg (406KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img_2834[1].jpg
406KB, 1200x1200px
>>9104192
is it on the lace or one of the charms? i can't find it on the print.
>>
>>9104192
I also have it and it doesn't. You're just stupid.
>>
>>9104430
The bubbles underneath the Angelic Pretty logo (four bubbles tall, three bubbles wide), mind you, any anons getting their bloomers in a bunch over a vaguely cross-like bubble formation are really grasping at straws, its barely noticeable.
>>
> http://www.unique-vintage.com/black-white-leatherette-clock-crossbody-purse-sku-s149750.html
>Selling knockoff baby purse and drawing attention to the brand name
>$42
>>
>>9104438
Those aren't crosses, those are stylized sparkles.
>>
>>9104438
Are those crosses though? On the pink and lav colourways the left and right "bubbles" are different colours from the vertical ones. I thought they were just decals behind the beads. If those are crosses though, I wonder why AP would put that much effort to squeeze such a minute detail into the print.
>>
>>9104448
Thats why I said vaguely cross-like bubbles rather than "crosses". I agree with you, it isn't a cross print, but >>9104192 said it was and >>9104430 asked where the crosses are.
The "cross shape" is clearly imitating the sparkles elsewhere in the print, not shoehorning random crosses.
>>
Is it just me or are a lot of lemon print items coming out soon?
>>
>>9104445
That chick is kinda scary looking.
>>
File: Just Right.jpg (17KB, 497x495px) Image search: [Google]
Just Right.jpg
17KB, 497x495px
>>9104478
Yes and I fucking love it.
>>
>>9103966
Atelier Pierrot also sells some indie brands in their online shop (mostly accessories)
>>
>>9104013
There's a short version in black x blue that's on one of the secondhand sites. Want to say WW but might be elsewhere
>>
While we're bitching about AP prints, why are there kittens on milky cross? I don't want cute shit on my spooky cross print. I want an AP print that's super edgy and gothic with nothing but crosses. And none of that ugly sweet bullshit like HL
>>
>>9104478
>Lemon party J et J style print when
>>
>>9104541
ap needs to step up their game and make prints that actually reflect their names
>>
>>9104218
As long as your petti isn't tulle, it won't lose its shape.
>>
>>9104158
It would be better to make your own design, or even use a different animal, then you will have something unique

If you just want red x black, I believe there was a black usakumya with red eyes released before
>>
>>9104484
Right? Couldn't be happier. Lemons are the most kawaii of fruits. (Sorry, cherries and strawberries. You're cute, but do you get to be an inside joke? No.)
>>
>>9104545
Isn't crosses and pretty things quite accurate lol.
>>
>>9104478

I'm crazy excited for Meta's Lemon Print but also locked down on my spending right now now.

I love strawberries too, but I also think Lemon's aren't utilized in prints enough so I hope this trend continues in future summers.
>>
>>9104013
I've seen a blackxblack one that sold on Y! auctions. Here's a photo stolen from Wonderfinch's wardrobe.
>>
>>9104158
replicas are only frowned upon when you intend to sell them. also, you can't completely copy them, unless you want to embroider the baby logo on it too.
>>
>>9102936
>when you marry your elderly sugar daddy at 12 but gotta attend his funeral at 1

>>9104445
lmao someone write a 1-star review saying that it's a knockoff with the link to lolibrary.
>>
>>9104576
I wanted to make one mostly red with black eyes, but I guess black with red eyes could work if I swap around my accessories.

>>9104634
I wouldn't go far enough to embroider the logo, I guess I'll toy around with some redesign ideas first or try work the official red x black usa into this coord.

Thanks anons.
>>
Is Excentrique considered a lolita brand? If not, would it not be okay to wear their dresses to a meet-up?
>>
>>9104775

I dont see why not? A comm would have to be really butt frustrated to single out general EGL fashion
>>
>>9104775
why are we getting so many of these question recently? (nothing against you OP)

In general, when in doubt always PM the event coordinator or comm mods. The level of pickiness might really depend on the type of meet it is (i.e. formal tea house gathering vs a casual sit down lunch).
>>
File: 1422173388556.png (56KB, 275x281px) Image search: [Google]
1422173388556.png
56KB, 275x281px
Very random question but here goes

I remember accidentally stumbling across a website one time and cant remember the name. Its a Japanese site where girls post their "todays coordinate," its sort of like a fashion social media thing. I remember they had a tag for lolita/jfash so I was able to look at a lot of coordinates.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about please link
>>
>>9104849

oh wait okay I think I found it myself

http://wear.jp/coordinate/?tag_ids=15028&

link for anyone interested
>>
>>9104849
>>9104860
fyi wear has been pretty dead for a long time, at least in the lolita world. i think instagram is more popular?
>>
>>9104578
>cherish my juicy cherry
>>
File: happy penguin.png (155KB, 334x323px) Image search: [Google]
happy penguin.png
155KB, 334x323px
>>9104867

Thanks for the info. I will definitely peruse the tags on instagram as well. I havent had the time to properly go through WEAR so i'll still look around and save photos.
>>
>tfw 3/4 of this thread is still off-topic shittery that hasn't been cleaned up

so which summer sale are gulls enjoying most so far? which had the best deals and selection? which one didn't have enough dresses to go around? (spoiler: AP)
>>
>>9103927
That's said to hear about the large bunny house petti not holding up a dress very much. Would you suggest getting the super large in order for it to hold up a dress nicely?
>>
>>9104541
I've heard they were ghost kittens?
>>
>>9104634
Not true. Still tacky regardless.
>>
>>9104541
Milky Cross isn't a spooky gothic cross print - it has unicorns and winged kittens on it. It's meant to be a soft religious themed print, it has an angelic vibe to me
>>
File: 1462225931925.jpg (84KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1462225931925.jpg
84KB, 720x480px
OK anons, I need your help. I'm a fairly seasoned lolita but I've only recently started buying jsks (only had OPs before)
Where sells the best quality shirts? My wardrobe is mainly classic, but sweet or Gothic blouses could work too.

I just want to know so I'm not buying flimsy pieces of crap. Price doesn't matter.

Have a cute pic of midori for your troubles.
>>
>>9105267
>shirts
Uh, I think you're gonna want blouses in general... and not shirts...
>>
>>9105267

I'm going to have to revoke your 'seasoned lolita' badge and you're going to have to take remedial classes at fyeahlolita, sis.
>>
>>9105267
Yeeeah you're not a ~seasoned lolita~ if you don't know what brands are quality.
>>
Any gulls tried a bunny house blouse? She has some cute looking ones on her FB but I've never heard anyone review the quality

Also why is captcha fucking trash right now? Anyone else having problems with it not loading
>>
>>9105330
I always have problems with captcha on my phone for some reason. Works fine with desktop.
>>
>>9105330
I ordered something with their custom sizing and it came several cm too big.
>>
>>9105267
>seasoned lolita
>doesn't know where to buy good quality blouses
>calls them shirts

Seasoned lolita doesn't mean that you've been wearing it for a few months.
>>
File: purple dress.jpg (108KB, 855x480px) Image search: [Google]
purple dress.jpg
108KB, 855x480px
Could anyone identify the dress she's wearing in pic related? I need to know the name of it!
>>
>>9105380
I think it's this one, Flower Butterfly OP: http://lolibrary.org/apparel/flower-butterfly-op-cotton-pique-2011
>>
>>9105386
Thank you!
>>
File: image.png (943KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
943KB, 640x1136px
I think I love this.
Has my taste gone to shit?
>>
>>9105398
there are worse dresses out there.
>>
>>9105398
I think the other colorways are better, but it's not ita
>>
>>9105370
Disappointing. I'll just try a taobao blouse then, pretty much the same price and i can wear standard sizes
>>
>>9105401
>>9105403

The blue colorway was my 1st pick but I couldn't think of a way to add a 3rd color with out shoe horning.

Blk x purp is heading towards ita territory but I'm still kinda tempted since it looks like it'd be cute to coord.

Thanks for your inputs btw.
>>
>>9105398

I can see it working in a nice coord.
>>
>>9105267
I prefer Baby's shirts, especially for classic. Innocent world is good too.

I'm curious why you've only been wearing OPs all this time? Most people I know are the opposite, if anything (wear mostly jsks, rarely OPs)
>>
>>9105447
I was thinking of using a white blouse & socks, black shoes.. but I'm stuck on the wig/hair part.
>>
Working on my first coord, are satin ribbon laces for my shoes ita?
I think they're really cute but I'm not sure if I just have shit taste.
>>
>>9105463
lurk more
>>
>>9105463
It really depends.
Pics?
>>
BABY NYC is hiring a couple people if any of you are looking to get in on that.
>>
File: WP_20160717_22_48_36_Rich[1].jpg (446KB, 920x1420px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160717_22_48_36_Rich[1].jpg
446KB, 920x1420px
>>9105468
I'm starting lurking now. :(
>>9105469
I started on one boot, so here;s where I'm at right now.
>>
>>9105479
Those boots are fugly, bugger off tripfag
>>
>>9105475
I really want to work at a brand store just to say I did it but I'm an AP fag. Come on Maki&Asuka, just open up a store in NYC already!
>>
>>9105449
Not that anon but I never have a blouse that matches more than a couple of my jsk's just right, wearing OPs is so much cheaper than trying to find blouses in all the styles and colors I want. Plus, I'm smaller and can pick up secondhand OP's that are too small for most lolitas nowadays really cheap
>>
Any clue why some things were taken down from the AP Online Shop, but not included in the online sale?
Could they have sold out in store already? Charlotte's Bear OP ;_;
>>
>>9105579
how new r u
>>
So I dunno what could be causing it, but my browser has started pinging AP's Japanese webshop as having an invalid security certificate on semi-random pages. It didn't let me log in this morning, but now it's letting me while preventing me from adding things to the cart. I just wanna buy some socks and wristcuffs while they're still on sale, god dammit. Anyone else having this problem?
>>
>>9105449
not anon, but i mostly wear (simpler) OPs too; fewer layers to deal with and don't need to figure out blouses (because i am super fucking lazy and incompetent).
>>
>>9105479

Those boots don't work for (most) lolita, full stop. Doesn't matter what you lace them with.

The ribbons don't really work, either. At least use double-faced satin ribbon if you're going to pull that shit. The thin stuff from the dollar store has a tendency to curl in on itself when you put stress on it.
>>
>>9104905

Half the dresses in the AP sale are still up, though. Granted the fixed-size OPs outnumber the jsks with shirring.
>>
>>9105479
These look too clunky and mannish for lolita. Ditch them and find boots with a heel instead, or wear oxfords if you want something flat. For ribbon laces either use double sided satin or organdy.
>>
>>9105479
Unpopular opinion/blog post incoming:
I have a similar pair of boots for normie shit and I wore them with a lolita coord because I was going to be at a festival all day, walking around the city and walking all around a park over the grass and literally all my lolita shoes are heels. I opted for ugliness and comfort. I would probably never wear my shoes to a "real" meet (the festival I did hang out with other lolitas but people who were my good friends and didn't give a shit) nor would I ever probably post a full-body photograph where random lolitas can find it since surely someone would find it, post it here, and rant about how terrible and ita it looked.

Honestly, if you can help it, just get some other pair of shoes. If you don't want to spend $150 on burando shoes that's fine, there's plenty of cute normalfag shoes that can work beautifully with lolita. These aren't very lolita and a bit clunky and kind of go against the typical silhouette.

That said - if you really just don't give a shit what the other girls are gonna think about your shoes at whatever meet you go to, and you don't plan on posting full-body pictures online, then hey, no one's stopping you.

But, if you're just using these boots because you have them on hand and think they're cute, and this is your first coord, I personally think it's worth it to put the money towards shoes that actually fit lolita. For myself, they were a last-ditch option trying to find shoes that fit the coord "enough" and were comfortable for the day. I probably wouldn't wear them again especially since by this point, I have put the time and money into finding suitable shoes for lolita that are more comfortable for certain activities. If your first meet is coming up and you just wanna go and wear those shoes then I don't think that's a problem, since not everyone's first coord is gonna be perfect anyways but if you have the time and money then I do urge you to just look for a more suitable pair of shoes.
>>
>>9105475
would i have to wear just BTSSB? or is it a general tokyo rebel thing
>>
>>9105665
Why wouldn't you go with ballet flats? >>9105479
They literally look like ugly, cheap combat boot knockoffs. Nothing about these would look OK with any fashion other than that hipster lumberjack style, but these are too cheap for that
>>
>>9105702
And that's why I said that it was an unpopular opinion, and you should only wear them if you don't give a shit or no one of value is gonna see. Aside from my friends (who didn't care), the festival I was at was filled with random-ass people who aren't gonna give a shit if my hipster boots were ita or not. Literally didn't give a shit about wearing them, they matched "enough", no one took any photos of me, and the only time anyone else knew about it and cared is right now on cgl, and that's cause I posted about it.

Also because I don't own any suitable ballet flats that went with the coordinate I wore that day anyway. I have a pair of fugly flats from high school that I wore for choir concerts that have folds in the material by now, and then flats that look even more normalfag-tier than the boots (pointed toe made from a material with like little square holes in them, not kawaii). Personally I hate flats in general so I don't own any save for the aforementioned pairs.
>>
>>9103738
>>9103746
>implying anon knows there are brands other than AP
>>
>>9105582
Same for me!
Sometimes it goes to system.angelicpretty-onlineshop.com, not sure if that 'system' bit has always been there but that's just what I noticed recently
>>
>>9105598
I personally don't pay attention to AP/baby that much, just heard people complaining about some shit selling out already so added that part in
>>
>>9104905

Just confused because this part made it sound like AP dresses were all gone:

>which one didn't have enough dresses to go around? (spoiler: AP)

Or I misread something, idunno.
>>
>>9105398
Why is everyone hating on this? The stripes and polka dots add to it being a little quirky and the bowtie collar has been done before.
>>
>>9103679
Maybe not all mission work means proselytizing but im going to have tondisagree with "not even mormons dont go to other counties to do that". A friend from palau says they were pretty muvh raised with mormon and JW missionaries. A non denom christian friend did it in africa as well as japan after thr earthquake and i see JW in germany often and although they go door to door herr only twice a year here unlike some us places where its practically at least monthly, i cant judge if theyre from overseas. g
>>
>>9105479
Anon, lolita shoes are really cheap if you know where to buy. I just recommend getting a pair of lolita styled boots.
They're not as masculine as everyone is saying, but they're not cute or feminine enough to work in lolita and that's the real problem. If something screams "normie" or "salvaged from somewhere", which these boots do, it can really ruin a good coord.
>>
>>9105594
These boots are a side entry zip, so fortunately there's not a lot of stress on the laces, or shouldn't be.
+the ribbon is folded over itself, which is either better or worse, I'm not sure which.
>>9105665
Thanks for the tale. :)
I'm going to be wandering around in the woods with these, and there's only going to be one or two other lolitas there, so It should be fine as far as not getting shit on. I think part of my problem is I was told I should make a coord a week ago so I've had very little time to prepare and I didn't own anything suitable for lolita before this.
The thing I'm going to is this friday, so I had to move fast and probably made some crappy decisions along the way.
>>9105889
I don't know where to buy, is the problem I think.
Also in this case time was an issue, I didn't have enough time between being told and the event to use taobao, bodyline, or really any of the shops based in china on ebay.
>>
>>9105891
I think hunting for some pre-owned shoes in your country on Lacemarket or using eBay's "nearest to you" function when searching could really help.
>>
>>9105449
Thanks! And well I've been wearing lolita for about two years, but I've just stuck to short sleeved OPs in the summer. It's pretty easy to do in my country.

And yeah my bad for calling them shirts, it was like 2am for me. Just wanted to know the durability of blouses compared between the various brands. Guess it's not much of a big deal.
>>
>>9105398
shit, I want this now.
>>
File: ohforfuckssake.jpg (260KB, 1484x497px) Image search: [Google]
ohforfuckssake.jpg
260KB, 1484x497px
>>9104691
I sent them an email explaining it's a knockoff with the link and they sent me this
>>
>>9105962
>we do not mean to mislead in any way
>name of brand they're knocking off is clearly visible on the product
aight
>>
>>9105965
I know, right? Sense, this makes none.
>>
>>9105888
I grew up JW and can confirm they have a school in NY where they train missionaries and send them off to other countries to go door to door. In some places this gets them killed.
And if you think that's an exaggeration, read up on how they let kids die from refusing blood transfusions.
>>
File: google.png (124KB, 337x360px) Image search: [Google]
google.png
124KB, 337x360px
>>9105962
>>9105965
i wrote a review explaining that this is a replica, i think it goes through a submission process though, pic related is what i attached to the review.

>>9106001
PSA: this chat is not relevant to either board for the most part and lacks proper moderation for the constant shitposting. please don't encourage them to shill themselves in lolita gen.
>>
>>9103626
It's an old topic at this point for us who frequent cgl, but a big mess for people who (exclusively) frequent facebook groups.

Moderators for big discussion communities need to clear the air about this situation by pinning information and encourage comm mods to delete hello lace links on their group pages, but I doubt any of them are even aware of the situation and still suspect it has to do with the name lolita because instagram and tumblr were doing that for #lolita (in relation to the name's connotation).
>>
I want a lolita dress with upside down crosses...
>>
>>9105330
I've resold every bunny house blouse I've ever ordered. Either the size was wrong, color was way off, or it no longer suited my wardrobe. I'd only recommend if you need custom sizing.
>>
File: 90093699_o2.jpg (186KB, 425x567px) Image search: [Google]
90093699_o2.jpg
186KB, 425x567px
>>9106039
how about an upside-down crucifix?
>>
>>9105871
I heard people complaining some of AP's dresses had sold out real fast, not saying all of them did
>>
>>9106122
anyone who complains about that has never bought from AP before the increased stock happened
>>
>>9106039
You mean st.peters cross?
>>
>>9104478
I would kill for a meta pineapple print.
>>
>>9103254
I might sell my set, I never wear mint. Look out on lacemarket this week.
>>
File: 05.png (142KB, 750x457px) Image search: [Google]
05.png
142KB, 750x457px
>>9106491
Wtf that would be really cute.
I think almost any fruit could be cute-ified though.
>>
Is there any way I can fix a hole in my tights? My big toe poked through and I want to keep it from running any farther.
>>
>>9106661
clear nail polish
>>
>>9106661
My friend says she uses clear nail polish - but I think that only works for nylon
>>
>>9106610
It's weird how certain fruits get overlooked in favor of the usual strawberries/apples/cherries. I'm surprised AP never did a watermelon print. Seems like it would be right up their alley since they like bright colors for their summer stuff. Pears and grapes would make good classic prints too.
>>
>>9106661
Just sew the hole shut.
>>
>>9105962
Are they a US based retailer? Might be fun to make a BBB complaint or wherever you're supposed to report sellers of knockoffs so they get arrested
>>
>>9106749
They are based in LA
>>
How popular do you guys think Meta's Lemon dress will be? I get paid a day after release and if it's a bloodbath, rip me
>>
>>9106768
>meta
>bloodbath

I wasn't aware that volume of people had such shit taste
>>
>>9106768
They're really good about their output, you should be ok.
>>
>>9106768
I think it will be on par with the Strawberry dress they released. There will probably be leftovers but most likely in the ugliest cut and color.
>>
>>9105891

Honestly you're better off getting some plain brown pumps, just regular brown high-heeled shoes, than going with these boots.

If you post what you have so far to the coord help thread >>9070640, explain that you don't have time to taobao and need to look for fairly common shoes, some anon can probably chime in with what style of shoes will suit your coord. In the rare event someone lives near you they might be able to suggest actual shoe stores you can walk into and buy a pair of shoes from.
>>
>>9106667

I don't think they purposely set out to do that, it looks more like they're catering to the girls who wait for "this year's strawberry print" or "this year's cherry print" the same way girls wait for "this year's chocolate print" and not "this year's any kind of dessert print".

Meta did a fruit soda print once, with assorted fruits, but it took really long to sell out, brand designers might have taken that as a sign that the other fruits don't sell as well as the strawberry print that gets bought every year by girls who want to flaunt "this year's strawberry print".
>>
>>9106768
Even if it were out of stock, meta has amazing customer service so they can try to find one for you too
>>
>>9106773
Well you see, most people who frequent /cgl/ have garbage taste - just look at the b/s/t thread.
>>
What is everyone's thoughts on lolita mentoring groups?
>>
Is miss harajuku no longer in business? i cant find her website?

Also, what are some other 2nd hand american lolita resellers? Im looking for novelty items and i cant remember who also sold them.
>>
>>9106905
Only itas and noobs seem to want to mentor. People who actually have style don't seem to go anywhere near those groups.
>>
>>9106935
not sure if kitty carousel is U.S. based but you can check it out
>>
File: 1.jpg (136KB, 1142x800px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
136KB, 1142x800px
>>9106786
This is my plan
I tried to find a cute blouse without so much ruffle and had a bad time, so my friend suggested this one which was able to get here on time.
Part of the reason I wen boots was because this is actually going to be worn at a /k/ meet/ shoot so there will probably be some woods walking, and I figured Mary Janes/ sharp held would punch through the first for pretty bad.
Another part of my problem is I wear a 10 because XY .
I'm ready for the ita comments. :x
>>
>>9107118
Ah I forgot, I'm near Marietta GA.
>>
>>9107118
Eh, I think this is fine if you're going shooting and stuff. Just wear some appropiate headpiece.
There is also stuff by meta that is cammo themed and shit.
>>
>>9107118
it doesn't look bad. I'd only nitpick that your neutrals aren't matching (white blouse, but offwhite otks and jsk)

seconding getting a nice headbow(s) (preferably rose pink with a little brown maybe)
in the future you can get footwear custom from secret shop or antaina through a taobao reseller like Clobba, or you could try bodyline.
I'm a size 9 in men's, 27cm foot so I know the pain of trying to find cute shoes that fit.

have fun at your meet!
>>
>>9107100
It is, I've purchased from them before.
>>
>>9107118
>wearing lolita to a /k/ meet
>>
>>9107151
>going to a /k/ meet
>>
>>9107165
>going to any kind of 4chan meet
>>
>>9107151
>>9107165
>>9107166
couldn't you have consolidated this shitposting, anon?
>>
>>9107181
No, because believe it or not those were posted by three different people. Sorry people are cringing at your kawaii /k/ meets, bro.
>>
>>9107188
I'm not /k/ brolita, but I see now that assumptions make an ass out of you AND me.
you're still shartposting tho
>>
>>9107188
Stay mad, nogunz faggot
>>9107118
Wish I lived closer, I've gone shooting in lolita at a range, but i have a pretty big wardrobe. I have plenty of coords I could wear innawoods
>>
>>9106937
then what is the point?
>>
>>9107278
Makes people feel better about themselves, I guess.
>>
>>9107166
I've met people from this site before and they were fine. You've got some stereotype built up in your head.
>>
File: fruitsample.jpg (62KB, 300x413px) Image search: [Google]
fruitsample.jpg
62KB, 300x413px
Hiya!
Are the books "Fruits" or "Fresh Fruits" or "Gothic and Lolita" worth it?
>>
>>9107100
Kitty Carousel is extremely overpriced. You'll have better luck buying secondhand on LM.
>>
>>9106937
Isn't it even better because then that means they realize that they need help? It's not like you can learn to coord overnight
>>
>>9107436
If you like old street fashion yes.
>>
File: 1440358849158.jpg (87KB, 500x713px) Image search: [Google]
1440358849158.jpg
87KB, 500x713px
Any good indie brands that can bespoke blouses?

I think my Google-fu broke. It seems like the stores I've already checked out are either inactive or focusing on specific items like petticoats and prints.

I normally hunt down auctions and second hand sites, but I'm tired of having hit or miss fitting with brand pieces (doesn't help that Japanese sellers are lazy about measuring).

Thanks familia. Here's a ShelbyCloud coord in appreciation.
>>
>>9107436

>>9107694
This. iirc, maybe 2/3 of Gothic and Lolita were filled with non-lolita J-Fashion coords, mainly of the cyber goth/clubbing variety, and the founder of FRUiTs dislike lolita for being boring.

It's good for research and if you like seeing old street fashion, otherwise, you're better off buying GLBs.
>>
New thread >>9107961
>>
>>9107477

itas and noobs want to be the Mentor, anon. Not be mentored.

You basically end up with a blind-leading-the-blind situation.
>>
>>9106773
>stop liking what I don't like!
>>
File: tumblr_mvs37uwwS51qecb9fo2_1280.jpg (422KB, 1254x811px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvs37uwwS51qecb9fo2_1280.jpg
422KB, 1254x811px
Okay so I have this headpiece I made that I wanted to wear but I just discovered that a pretty popular lolita made a very similar headpiece already (their pic has + 1000 notes) so if I would post my outfit I'm thinking people are gonna assume I copied her. What do? I know I shouldn't care, but I care.
>>
>>9108302
It's a fucking flower crown, not original either way. Anyone that thinks you're copying her specifically is a dumbass. Go for it.
>>
>>9108302
I'm actually so in love with this
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.