[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UK / Britfag Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 393
Thread images: 70

File: moe uk.jpg (149KB, 525x500px) Image search: [Google]
moe uk.jpg
149KB, 525x500px
Almost time for HyperJapan and Amecon edition

Working on any costumes for cons coming up? Post them!

Last thread:
>>9059932
>>
Hyper Japan cosplay guests have mostly been announced. One has printed 300 prints that he'll be selling. Doesn't realize no one in the UK buys prints.
>>
File: IMG_20160709_112621.jpg (2MB, 4082x3029px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160709_112621.jpg
2MB, 4082x3029px
Did anyone else see Kyary Pamyu Pamyu at koko's the other night? It was such a good gig!

Neat tour t-shirts too, I just wish the merch stand had had more merch.

Sorry if pic related is huge, posting via mobile.
>>
Taking part in the fashion show at HJ, was worried about my coord until I saw that some girl is doing the same style as me. She's so ita that she's going to make me look 10x better and I am so thankful wow
>>
>>9096644
first time going to hyper
How is it differant to MCM london?
where/when are the parties and such?
anything notable to do or look out for?
>>
>>9096842
which style? also you sound like a giant pretentious bitch js

>>9096848
>How is it differant to MCM london?
it's not really about anime, comic, games etc, it's more about the marketable parts of Japanese culture, so food, tradition, fashion, music etc. It's really different to MCM in terms of atmosphere, very normie.

>where/when are the parties and such?
It's not that kind of event at all, people don't go to HJ to have drunken weeb adventures and fuck shitty Yoko cosplayers.

>anything notable to do or look out for?
The music acts are probably where you get the most bang for your buck at HJ, and Nintendo usually brings demos of whatever they've shown at E3 this year, plus streetpass events and the like.
>>
A giant pretentious bitch in Lolita! :0 no way
>>
>>9096879
> people don't go to HJ to have drunken weeb adventures and fuck shitty Yoko cosplayers

wait, there are cons like this in the UK?
where/when?
>>
>>9096826
Went and thought it was better than when she last played in London, although I was feeling a bit sick so I didn't get the most out of it. I thought the setup of the stage and her costumes were good, and the "DJ" in the thistle costume was cool. I liked Koko as a venue more than the Roundhouse because it felt more intimate. Her last few gigs have pretty much only had t-shirts as far as merch is concerned, although I appreciated the free clearfiles they gave out at the exit.

>>9096848
I can't go due to a family thing so I don't know the exacts of the schedule. Much smaller and less crowded than MCM. Most of the vendors at HJ also seem to go to MCM. A lot of focus on fashion and food. Check FB for meets and such as comms tend to post them there.
>>
>>9096907
as a person who is fairly new to the UK scene, how do I go about finding groups/communities?
(will they just be on the HJ page?)
>>
>>9096910
/events/1097138073670524/?active_tab=posts
Just look on the FB event page
>>
>>9096879
lolita, and that would be me yep. normally i'd be more chill, but if you can't even be bothered to google 'lolita basics' before taking part in a fashion show then I have very little patience and too much salt

>>9096848
no parties or anything like that unless you know people going, food is great if a little pricey, nintendo are bringing the new zelda demo this year if you're into that
>>
anicon mentions nigh events but its events page has no mention of them

have they simply not been added yet or do the need to git good at site maintance?
>>
>>9096879
LOOOL Cosplay noob bitches arguin
>>
Next con is Manchester MCM for me, didn't feel like another London trip after MCM. HJ is just full of Lolita's with daddy issues anyway, unless someone convinces me otherwise.
>>
>>9096977
100% correct about HJ. I went there for the first time last year expecting there to be a decent cosplay scene, but it was mostly just lolitas and families. Probably wouldn't go again if I'm being honest.
>>
>>9096977
Same here, also going to Manchester. I'm currently making a leather shoulder holster for my Nathan Drake cosplay. I figured I'd pick something easy since it's my first time cosplaying.
>>
>>9096977
Most of the Lolitas I met at the last HJ were all obnoxious Tea Party Club members flocking around Minori for popularity points and the fashion show was rushed, poorly organised and not very good. So you're not far off.
>>
>>9097016
> obnoxious Tea Party Club members
So you just mean regular tpc members?
>>
File: 1459036556973.gif (2MB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1459036556973.gif
2MB, 400x240px
>Warwick Uni campus littered with pokéspots and gyms
There's gonna be a fucking war when Ame comes around
>>
File: 1308080821001.jpg (90KB, 499x480px) Image search: [Google]
1308080821001.jpg
90KB, 499x480px
>>9097030
tfw the nearest pokespot to your shitty tiny village is a 20 min walk away
>>
Anyone going to Star Wars Celebration this weekend?
>>
>>9096997
I'm legit shit at making cosplay, my best friend helps me but she does way more than I do lmao, I can do most, but sewing and actual patterning is so not my forte.

Enjoy Manchester, you'll see me around.
>>
Hyper Japan sounds chill as fuck, which is good since I'll be going by myself.
>>
>>9096842
If that's the case, you'll look lovely. Good luck and enjoy yourself. No good comparing.
>>
>>9096977
I'm going to Manchester too. I wanted to organise a cgl meet up (mentioned it in the Brit threads as early as March) but I think not as many gulls are attending this year due to there being like 3 clashing cons in separate locations on the same day. If anyone is still interested though we could arrange something on the sat or sun?
>>
>>9097491
Free both days aside from masquerade time and possibly a few shoots, lemme know.
>>
>>9097491
Wish Manc didn't clash with Ame, totally would've come along
>>
>>9096900
somebody's apparently never been to MCM
>>
>>9097747
Pfffft softcore weeb, everyone knows MCM is the tamest of the tame. Kita is where it gets wild.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>9097672
Are you in the masquerade?
I'll see if a few more anons are interested and if so, I'll try and get something organised based on what days are better for everyone.
>>
>>9097747
been several times each to differant locations
only time it got particulaly wild was london sat night

>>9097788
is kita good for getting smashed? tempted to to
>>
File: 1257896787655.jpg (43KB, 299x339px) Image search: [Google]
1257896787655.jpg
43KB, 299x339px
>>9097982
>is kita good for getting smashed

I knew the convention scene went to shit with the explosion of comic cons, but jesus christ...
>>
>>9098021
I know its good for pannels and cosplay and shit
I just want the ability to get pissed and meet weebs as well

MCM is generally shit outside london on the pannel and social front (social isnt too bad but lacks events)
>>
>>9098021
>getting smashed occasionally with people who share your interests
>shit

senpai, I dont even drink and I still think its fairly normal to drink and have fun at 18+ events, I just chose to miss the alcohol
>>
>>9098021
>>9098021
something.. something.. no fun allowed.
>>
File: 138903538242.jpg (1MB, 708x1000px) Image search: [Google]
138903538242.jpg
1MB, 708x1000px
>>9098039
Kita is pretty much known as "Partycon", Snap's DJ sessions are insane, literally some of the best nights i've had

>>9098041
I was actually making the point that it's crazy how uninformed some people can be about UK cons outside of the comicon circuit.
>>
File: 10298.png (18KB, 494x257px) Image search: [Google]
10298.png
18KB, 494x257px
What's going on? Our queen has quit!
>>
>>9098117
Maybe she realised she sucked
>>
>>9098070
oh shit, I was unware that is was a con good for that
I have little experiance outside of mcm and didnt know the UK had any decent cons
>>
>>9098117

*Thank you to all of the fake accounts who I paid to Like my page.

She realised she'll never be cosfamous.
>>
>>9098125
Perhaps that. But I suspect foul play and cosplay bullying as well. Don't know why; just a gut feeling.
>>
>>9098039
Kita is def the best for parties
>>
>>9098169
When is the next Kitacon? Their website isn't helpful atm.
>>
>>9098174
next year in april
>>
>>9098174
The one downside to the big cons is that you have to book waaaaay in advance. Ame is at the end of this month and got booked up back in September
>>
>>9098178
Won't it be summer next year, seeing how it was spring this year?
>>
>>9098070
>snaps dj sessions are insane
Insanely shit.
>>
>>9097982
>is kita good for getting smashed?
If you're not smashed at Kita, you're clearly at Pottercon. It's like a requirement at Kita, I'm sure they'll throw you out if you can't walk straight.
>>
>>9098152
Kita is the one for that. Not quite as "get shitfaced", there's Ame, it's similar, I mean everyone get's shitfaced, but it's a little less chaotic? There's Minami too, but that's much milder. Still more wild than MCM.
>>
>>9098117
She mentioned in another post about the hate ect.
She is probably bored of everyone shitting on her "hard work"
>>
File: 9.jpg (344KB, 577x805px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
344KB, 577x805px
Tabitha standing with her ECG entry.
>>
>>9098936
Does Tabitha have any friends left? Never see her hanging out with anyone any more like she use to at cons.
>>
aside from being clean, non spergy and not 20 stone how can a guy make con friends/meet girls etc?
would it be worth lifting?
to what degree is cosplay important?
>>
>>9099027
does she even come to cons anymore?
>>
>>9098735
naicu
whats the take on ame being AL related?
more to the point, whats the deal with anime league?
is it anything that means it wouldnt be worth going to their events?
>>
>>9099039
only when paid £400 a day
>>
Anyone here do crossdressing cosplays? What shaving/waxing products should I buy tomorrow?
>>
>>9099041
AL have set up stall at Amecon in the past to promote their own cons, but aside from that, I don't believe they have any connection.

And as for AL in general, I'm sure people here are sick of my ramblings about them, so I'll just shut up XD
>>
>>9099090
ah fair enough, I might be mixing things up

and I have heard that they are pretty shit, but is it dealbreaker level?
>>
>>9098178
It will be July/August since they alternate with ame
>>
>>9099120
what?
why?
that is a really weird way of doing things
>>
>>9099109
Dealbreaker would be an understatement.
>>
>>9099124
Ame and Ayacon used to do that and they've carried on the tradition. Gives the committees a rest and keeps things less competitive I guess?
>>
It's to ease strain on the committee's - Ame and Kita alternate big convention (July/August) and small con (March/April). This year was small Kita, big Ame, next year is big Kita (hopefully at a new place), small Ame.
>>
Why is Chiquita a guest a Hyper Japan again? She only turned up for an hour last year at the Xmas one when she was guest.
>>
>>9099169
oh
so it just keeps the larger and smaller slots in the same place?
that makes a lot of sense actually
thank you
>>
>>9099169
Kita will be at Warwick next year
>>
>>9099127
fair play
shall avoid them until the whole mess gets sorted

especially seeing as leadership responces in AL seem to be "PLZ NO BULLY" rather than attempts to improve
>>
>>9099173
I have no bloody clue, she obviously knows someone whon runs the cosplay side of things

I see Kara has set up a new GoFundMe
>>
What is kara's cos page out of curiosity? Is she the one that I saw a while ago trying to get people to pay for her plugsuit?
>>
>>9099169
>this year's was a small Kita
Damn, I thought that was just how Kita was. That's great.
>>
File: 1460297704478.jpg (971KB, 1223x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1460297704478.jpg
971KB, 1223x1280px
>>9099036
>How do I into friends

As someone who has done his fair share of solo-conning, it's fucking hard man. At the end of the day, you're a socially awkward nerd at a convention full of socially awkward nerds, but everyone else already has friends and social circles, so it's impossible not to come off as a bit of a wierdo.

My top tips:

*Gopher-ing, probably the best way to meet other people who are solo-conning, working together can be a nice ice breaker, the only downside is it also attracts the most autisitc/power crazy nerds that you'll want nothing to do with.

*Games Room, my personal preferred method is just hang out in the games room; play mario kart with strangers, enter a tournament and chat with people who have also entered, start conversations about games in general. If you're passionate about a particular game and meet someone who is also into that game, spoilers: you're probably gonna hit it off!

*Cosplay, cosplay something you like, see someone else cosplaying that thing, say hello and talk about thing. It's that easy!

*Get drunk, it will relax you and make you come off as a little less intimidating.

My biggest tip by FAR is stay positive! I've approached people before and immediately seen the alarm bells go off in their head "Aaahh this person wants to be friends! He'll probably want to leech onto me all weekend and be totally autisitc!"

It's hard to get a reaction like that and not let it get to you, there are a lot of tightly nit circles in the UK scene and those people won't want anything to do with a random they've never heard of before. Lots of friendly people too though, so you just gotta persevere.

As for girls and the parties in general, I'd actually say that's 1000x easier than making random friends. The atmosphere at con parties is much more relaxed, you can go from circle to circle and dance with whoever, nobody is gonna treat you like a social pariah there.
>>
>>9099036
Just b urself ;^)

t. Guy who lifts, above average looks, and not socially awkward
>>
>>9099385
I've got another tip for your list: the smoking area at any evening con is by far the easiest place to chat to randoms. You don't have to be a smoker, just come out for some fresh air and join in the bantz. It's a smaller group of people in a quieter location, so it's much easier to actually talk to people, and smokers are used to random encounters in the smoking area so are less hostile to strangers.
>>
>>9099385
its reassuring to know other people solo UK circuit too
I can gernerally muster 1-5 friends to come but am just aiming to get into the social aspect of cons more

>>9099388
aiming to b that guy
>>
>>9099385
Games room is a good method, you can made decent friends there.

Also if you're hunting for girls and sum fuk, don't. People can smell it a mile away.
>>
>>9099036
I've solo-conned for as long as I can remember. I know no-one who goes to Minami, or Ame. It's only Toko where I know people.

Sure I can get lonely sometimes, but I just brush it off. I guess that's just the kind of person I am.
>>
>>9099406
Yeah, I got my social skills from 2.5 years of working in retail lmao. You are forced to interact with people constantly.

>>9099419
I always went to cons solo, since I never had anyone who wanted to go, but I got a gf fairly recently, old friends, and she's more into it than I am, and I'm doing my first cosplay up in Manchester MCM with her. It'll probably be a lot more fun with someone else.
>>
>>9097905
Yup, both days. Doing groups both days, will be a breeze. Probably not going to win either days, but it's the taking part that counts, ammarite?
>>
>>9099292
What's her gofundme for this time?
>>
>>9099864
According to her update, doctors signed her off work for "severe acute stress", now she's run up £1000 debt again and she's had to go back to work to pay it off so she's decided to keep her old gofundme page open and continue begging. Diddums.
>>
>>9099342
fb/KandyKaraHook
>>
>>9099041
I don't normally post, but I can 100% confirm that AmeCon has nothing to do with AL

- Hugs & Kisses Anon AmeCon committee member
>>
>>9099911
Should have been self-evident by the fact that they've got one of Ame's committee members on their blacklist.
>>
>>9099926
I don't know how I'm going to go on. What is life on the ALCon blacklist?
>>
File: squid2-06.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
squid2-06.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
>>9099454
oooh shit son i might see you anyways, I'm in the Sunday masquerade.
>>
>>9099929
As someone who is, it's hell.

We can't eat. We can't sleep. When the doorbell goes, we freak out. When the phone goes off, we freak out. We've become more invalids than we already are.
>>
>>9099454
Can you live post eurocosplay from backstage please?
>>
>>9099911
>>9099926
I am very curious to know why I saw Jenna Pateman's name on the blacklist. I don't know what she did to offend them.
>>
>>9096848
>>9096910
>>9097473
>>9099036
>>9099419
Looks like I'll be going alone to a con once again, so just like last time I might as well meet some of you.
What days are you guys going?

contact me: [email protected]
>>
Sat 2nd session or Sunday?
It's my first time going to HJ. Tickets sure are expensive.
>>
>>9101488
why not friday, it's a long session?
>>
>>9101488
If you're picking between those two then Sunday.
>>
shit wig still not here, cosplay is my main reason to attend Ame. Guests seem a bit shit this year, i guess u cant please everyone but itd be nice to have someone ive actually heard of . hope there will be some decent panels or karaoke
>>
Any of you niggas go to HJ today? How was it?
>>
>>9102845
You've still got two weeks anon, but failing that we can just have general fun!
>>
>>9102850
Decent, tomorrow should be better though.
>>
>>9102850
quiet, but still pretty good! journey was hell though but thats just me
>>
>>9103070
What was up with the journey? I've never been before so I'm hoping entry tomorrow goes smoothly.
>>
File: 1340218469946.jpg (653KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1340218469946.jpg
653KB, 1280x720px
Can't believe I'm still working on my costume for the Sunday competition.
>>
>>9102850
Yeah. Went yesterday, going tomorrow and maybe sun. Never been to HJ before. Was pretty cool but its quite tame and fairly easy to get bored IMO. Still a decent day out - would recommend dragging your butt out if you're on the sidelines.
>>
>>9103149
dude vape lmao
>>
>>9103206
we hittin that banana flavour
btw make sure to bring a knife too
also no fatties (but I can't so no to a THICC cloud)

#dicks out for harambe
>>
>>9099887
She just wants to go to Amecon. Last time she raised money on gofundme was near Kitacon. She's so full of shit lol.
>>
Anyone wanting an Amecon ticket?
>>
Any decent Cosplays at Star Wars this weekend?
>>
>>9103741
why you not coming bruh
>>
>>9102845
Is there a possible substitute from Coscraft? Their postage is usually very quick
>>
>>9104632
Try cosplay salon on eBay. Pretty fast, free shipping.
>>
Who was at HJ this weekend? This was their best year yet imo. Way bigger venue, more shops, more food, less queueing to get in, AND THEY ACTUALLY HAD A DECENT AMOUNT OF SEATING NEAR THE FOOD. PRAISE THE LORD.

There were no performances I was interested in whatsoever, but that's nothing new, I don't really do J-Pop. However, on one of the exit surveys, they asked which acts people would like to see in future and a lot of Korean artists were on there... the fuck? Are they going to change it to a Japanese/Korean event, or just bill them as 'Asian pop culture~' and hope the normies don't notice the difference?
>>
>>9105639
I was there! Venue was nice for the event but way too hot, cosplay was painful most of the time.
Not a fan of getting herded into the con equivalent of a fucking pig pen during the Saturday changeover by staff either. Other than that it was a great con, good atmosphere and good stalls
>>
>>9105639
>>9105681
I was a bit pissy at the placing of the stage since it was just in the hall with all the dealers
You couldn't hear shit around that area if you weren't watching it and if you were watching it, there was 0 atmosphere since weebs were screeching right next to it
I ran out of things to do pretty quickly but overall it was a good time!! Definitely going to the Christmas Market
>>
>>9105681
Ughhhh I just wanted to go outside for a smoke during the change over but they were being such dicks about it.

Other than that, really fun. Charisma.com were really good, the fashion show was weak but good enough to make me want to take part next year. The NHK and Yokai Watch stands had the most annoying music in the world. Otherwise really good selection of stalls. ALYS was interesting to see but her dancing was a bit shit, songs were good.
>>
>>9105639
I was there on Saturday, the downstairs section felt a little empty in places and the upstairs felt a bit cramped, but I ended up trying to avoid the upstairs because it was so hot up there so I didn't get as much of a look as I'd hoped. Food options were massively improved, but I was disappointed that no one was selling cold beer/sake like at the Christmas event. I guess thats due to license permits or whatever. The stage by the entrance was way too loud, I was being deafened by it halfway across the hall. None of the stage events interested me this year. I'm noticing more people are starting to cosplay at HJ but didnt see any that were particularly great, glad I wore mine though as I got stopped a few times to talk about it. The stands were far enough apart that I didn't feel like I was blocking anyone for pictures which I feel at MCM.

Overall I thought it was a good event and I'm looking forward to the Christmas Market at tobacco docks later this year, I really liked that venue so I'm glad they're going back despite some complaining it was too cold
>>
I thought this Hyper Japan was really good and well organised compared to the past ones!

Pros : more space, cool traders, better queues, staff were polite
Cons : cosplayers who don't wash (standard), having to hear Yokai watch song every 2 minutes, Beckii Cruel and her weeb friends, roof made it into a giant hot greenhouse.
>>
File: mysadnessisverybigu.jpg (120KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
mysadnessisverybigu.jpg
120KB, 392x495px
Forgot to submit my event for Ame. Yet to even decide on cosplay. Don't even know what friend group I'm going to hang out with/will accept me.

Please tell me I'm not alone.
>>
What is Hyper Japan Christmas Market like? How much animes/video games is there? Or is it mostly just an ability to buy Japanese shit? Is it encouraged to cosplay or is that vulgar?
>>
>>9105930
The Christmas Market is now held in an open air venue at the end of November. Which means it's really cold and there's a huge chance of rain.

It's much more culture focused than the main summer event so less anime and no Nintendo stand but still worth going for a day if you're also interested in non-anime Japanese stuff. There is still cosplay there but much less than at the summer one. Currently unconfirmed if the CosTest will return or if they'll just do the non-judged CosParade at the Xmas Market.

Hyper Japan is much more focused on JFashion at the moment but that's hard to do at the Xmas Market when any sensible person has to wear a thick winter coat at the venue.
>>
>>9105826
Went on the Sunday, and holy hell, the queue to get in was so short. I basically just walked in.

The members of Broken Doll were pretty chill too. I got a picture with Sachi when she was just hanging around a stall. The traders were really lovely too, like you said. One lady gave me a free t-shirt when I bought from her.
>>
For the folks that regularly go to MCM, which day would you recommend for being the least crowded? I mean, I know it's pretty much rammed every day but I was wondering if one of the days were at least tolerable in terms of numbers. Last time I went it was too crowded to be enjoyable, you couldn't actually look around the stalls properly because of the numbers. I'm not sure if I want to go again because of this.

Also the price of tickets now is bordering on taking the piss for what is essentially a shopping mall lock-in - paying for the privilege of buying specialist goods, smart move but also increasingly off-putting. Hyper Japan at least has enough shows and cultural bits for this aspect to feel less uncomfortably glaring.
>>
>>9105996
I seem to recall Friday being the least busy.
But I haven't gone in a few years so that might have changed, but I doubt it.
>>
File: 1452246002043.jpg (92KB, 826x691px) Image search: [Google]
1452246002043.jpg
92KB, 826x691px
>>9105873
I've been hyped for Ame for months now, but the one friend i'm going with is being super flakey and might drop out.

I don't want to be a socially awkward loser again, please no...
>>
>>9105996
in May it was definitely Friday. Saturday was ridiculous, ended up spending most of my time outside the con, Sunday was bad too but imo Saturday was the worst
>>
>>9106034
The Amecon events schedule is up now, have a look through it and scout out some panels to attend and try and be social that way. There's a panel on self-confidence that you could check out. Might be helpful.
>>
>>9106034
Come hang out with other socially awkward losers then.
>>
What did everyone think about the costest at Hyper Japan yesterday? Happy with the winners? I thought the stage was a lot better than the O2 set up at least.
>>
File: hugu.gif (986KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
hugu.gif
986KB, 500x281px
>>9106092
>>9106034
>>9105873
Ame Seagull meet. Friday. 6pm. Courtyard. More details soon. You are (not) alone.
>>
>>9105930
>>9105968
There were a lot of winter-themed cosplays at the last one, such as Love Live Christmas outfits.
>>
>>9105968
Last Christmas Market I wore a lolita coord with a nice wool coat. I'll probably do the same this year, can't think of any japanese cosplays I'd want to do that would be warm enough
>>
>Looking through Ame's events
>No mention of any video game tournaments

Would it be wrong to assume there aren't going to be any? Is it way too late to try and organise one myself? Not fussed about prizes or anything, I just wanted a fun Street Fighter tournament.
>>
>>9106034
>>9106034
Come and join us lonely losers. I'll be there from Thursday afternoon onwards.

We're...somewhere......away from the groups of cardboard swords and free hugs signs.
>>
>>9105639

I agree, been going to the last few Hyper Japans and was impressed by this one. I think they're getting better and better. It'd be nice if they could bring some new things to the table though, I'm not knocking anyone who likes it, but stuff like the vendor with the 'Japanese robot arm technology' seem kinda pointless, especially as it just seems to be a video with some pamphlets.

I feel like this is what lets Hyper Japan down, it looks like there's a lot of stuff, but then you find out a lot of it is like, various tourism agencies with 'Prize draws'.

It'd be nice to get some good guests and more interesting stalls, but I think Hyper Japan could be moving on to bigger and better things in the future.

Also Broken Doll were good, but I felt bad that they had to perform with a backing track and to a crowd of people sat down in seats. It seemed like they really wanted to make a proper concert of it but it just wasn't possible. I thought the last guy, Lightning was talented too. I wasn't massively interested in his music but there was definitely talent there, I'd hate for him to give up on music altogether if that's what his 'BREAK UP TOUR' was.
>>
>>9105873
>>9106034
>>9106092
>>9106208
>>9106292
h-how do I meet other loser gulls if I cant get to ame?
I need to find people to go to cons with
>>
>>9106299
Lightning was a very talented guitarist but I couldn't get past the sad, constipated vampire style vibrato vocals that the vast majority of visual kei style artists seem to have - I just can't get on with it, it sounds so flat to me and never really goes anywhere.

I hope the guy doesn’t get too downhearted and at least joins up with another j-style band and hopefully injects a bit of energy and variety to his performance.
>>
File: 1468610944501.gif (2MB, 271x233px) Image search: [Google]
1468610944501.gif
2MB, 271x233px
>>9106208
Will there be kigus?

>>9106275
Contact them, it might just be in a separate games room schedule
>>
>>9103711
kek. A couple of friends can't keep up with her drama anymore as it seems she's had a mass friendslist clear out
>>
>>9106409
Kigus are for baby.
>>
>>9100007
O shit awesome, you definitely will.
>>
>>9106034
You're not alone anon.. While I do have plenty of friends to hang out with, the one person I was looking forward to seeing the most might drop out. We're also sharing a room, so I may be stuck with all the roomcosts if they're not coming.
Even more than that, the person doesn't have a badge, and neither do I. All of our other friends do. So I'm probably gonna be stuck drinking in one of the bars alone for a good chunk of the weekend.

Pretty bummed out, I was looking forward to Amecon but this has put a bit of a damper on my hype.
>>
>>9106567
>loserconning and being surprised when you have a shit time
why don't you try actually supporting the cons you want to go to and see if things work out better for you
>>
>>9106859
Wut...
>>
>>9106275
There will be VG events, but they haven't been worked out yet, no point delaying the schedule for them. We'll update people when we have an idea of what's happening and when in that room.
>>
>>9106926

Shouldn't a con know at this point what it's running? Big / Small or otherwise?
>>
>>9106975
We do, but there are rooms that we don't have the expertise for and they need to be organised by people outside the committee (How long is a Smash Bros Tournament?).

It just happens that this year, the people running that room are incredibly busy and haven't had chance to plan the schedule yet. They've been busy planning the layout and organising staffing etc.

I know it's not ideal for you regarding planning, but we'll get you the VG room events ASAP.
>>
>>9106421
Nobody has donated to her yet thankfully. Maybe people are finally seeing sense and realise she's a liar. Shouldn't have got that Yoko costume commissioned or gone to MCM if she's that poor.
>>
File: 1466433160785.jpg (28KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1466433160785.jpg
28KB, 500x385px
>tfw you're Irish and have none of the drama on the level of the UK convention scene
>>
>>9107031
Sure isn't that because St. Patrick banished all the shnakes
>>
>>9106859
>loserconning and being surprised when you have a shit time
You can have a pretty fucking good time even when you're loserconning, it all depends on the people you're with and how good you are at entertaining yourself.
>>
>>9107031
You still have drama though. Eirtakon etc.
>>
>>9107109
The only drama in recent years I can remember were a few committee members from Eirtakon shitposting about some lad who was let go in an Irish general here, and that whole attempted rape of a volunteer in a locked room at some con I can't remember.

Otherwise, we're pretty fucking boring. Wish we had more
>>
>>9107112
You're a relatively young fandom. Give it time.
>>
Have any well-known British cosplayers appeared on national television in the UK?

This is the best we have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G5IeG3gjBE
>>
>>9097016
I hate other lolitas, there was this stuck up blue haired chick who completely snubbed my friend, one of her friends apologised for her, I seriously felt like smacking her, especially after she walked into me! She was a proper ugly troll as well... Bitch.
>>
>>9107136
Pronouncing C.C as CeeCee and not C2????
>>
File: amemusic.png (17KB, 485x286px) Image search: [Google]
amemusic.png
17KB, 485x286px
Nigga got a point. There's way to much Rock music.
>>
>>9106997

While I understand that committee members or even volunteer staff are basically part time staff, what you are describing is less than a 10 hour job for an experienced org, which I'm not sympathetic too as you've had a full year to plan. One weekend and boom, everything planned from start to finish. Sure setbacks happen and things need to be adjusted, but two weeks before an event, things should be in place barring a horrific mishap.

A round of Smash Bros is 5 minutes and normally it's a best of 3, so if it goes to time you're looking at 15 minutes per game times however many people you have sign up. I feel like this should probably have been sorted out earlier as it would of given a very large indication as to what equipment/staff and time is needed to run a tournament of X scale.

But if that's not been taken into consideration? Considering if you've ever played Smash Bros you should know the round time???
>>
>>9107206
I see the point and kind of agree, but if you want club music go to a club. It can't be a surprise that a con would mostly feature weeb shit, cheesy shit and edgy shit.
>>
File: pleb.png (37KB, 480x502px) Image search: [Google]
pleb.png
37KB, 480x502px
>>9107206
Taking it back. Guy's a pleb.
>>
File: everythingwrongwithcons.jpg (61KB, 585x369px) Image search: [Google]
everythingwrongwithcons.jpg
61KB, 585x369px
>>
>>9107228
>being a grown man and having an anime display picture on Facebook
>greentexting on Facebook

Chris my man, if you're reading this, kill yourself.
>>
File: 1401102546460.jpg (390KB, 1280x1556px) Image search: [Google]
1401102546460.jpg
390KB, 1280x1556px
>>9107236
Are you trying to tell me anime girls aren't real? You're a filthy fucking liar.
>>
>>9107241
Anime girls are real in my heart, but I'm still not going to have one as my display picture on Facebook; something my relatives, good friends and prospective employers can easily find.
>>
>>9107152
you're clearly trying to describe someone specific but literally none of us know who that is, so you look really obsessive.
>>
>>9107206
didn't see much cheese on there myself, but agreed too much rock.
>>
>>9107261
Saturday of Ame has always been rock heavy. I don't understand why this is surprising for people?

Friday = Weeb / AMV Disco
Saturday = Rock (used to be be Jrock and standard weeb rock)
Sunday = Ball then AMV Disco.

Unless you count the horrible "hardcore" years. Where it was 100% hardcore music all weekend back in 2012.

But do you honestly expect much from a event with no evening budget and Amechibi was just an ipod?
>>
>>9107136
A load of game of thrones cosplayers were on Thronecast last year I think, and there have been those channel 4 awful short documentaries 'wtf is cosplay'. And how can you not have seen the disaster that is Kenny Kerry and Tabitha on King of the Nerds
>>
>>9107136
itv good morning a few years ago, general news shows, Don't Tell the Bride, BCC's endless series of "Look we're doing gaming documentaries we're relevant and hip" documentaries, The one show, oh and also

Tabby on Judge whatever
>>
File: 1451588264607.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1451588264607.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>9107269
It's not Ame's fault. All the good Anison DJs have never really been interested in the UK con scene. Most of them fucked off to Japan as soon as they got the chance and started producing over there, doing sets at places like MOGRA and making bank. It's a damn shame that they never came over to any of the UK cons. Now we're stuck with shitty DJs like Snap who only play at cons to boost their ego because no one outside the con scene would book them.
>>
>>9107331

I dunno, if you have budget you'd easily get TANKUI and Jakazid.

Who are the good Anison DJ's anyway?
>>
>>9107206
What planet is he on? Do people not go to cons to be unashamedly weeb? If you want a club, go to Kitacon.
>>
>>9107334
Submerse used to be pretty great for anison but then he started working with Project Mooncircle and just stopped.

I thought TANUKI did something similar but he's in Glasgow now so I guess that could work, but I'm sure most cons would rather just wait for people to volunteer to do a set for free accom/ticket.

There was a few others but my memory is dicks.
>>
Which UK con has the most unashamed debauchery/instances of drug and alcohol use either during the con or after hours at a location everyone goes to after? Considering heading over for one or two.
>>
File: 1436360211730.png (63KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1436360211730.png
63KB, 625x626px
>>9107358
>>
>>9107358
I guess that would be Kita, but it's impossible to tell with MCM because everyone splits off into different parties. Anything could be going on there relaly, but Kita definitely has a lot going on.
>>
>>9107365
Why is it bait to want to get royally fucked up at a con?
>>9107367
Kita is one I definitely see mentioned a lot, yeah. Not much of a fan of MCM, been to a couple.
>>
>>9107367
on a nice day london mcm is easy to find banta
otherwise get socialising with likely looking groups
>>
File: 1402858079270.jpg (137KB, 800x595px) Image search: [Google]
1402858079270.jpg
137KB, 800x595px
>>9107375
>royally fucked up at a con
You are but a child. It is time for you to leave.
>>
File: 1439152275270.jpg (24KB, 333x333px) Image search: [Google]
1439152275270.jpg
24KB, 333x333px
>>9107402
>alcohol and drugs are for but degenerates
>>
File: 1401392661208.png (11KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1401392661208.png
11KB, 625x626px
>>9107409
You missed the point.
>>
>>9107331
All the Aya JPop and KPop parties were fucking dives. If you want to rave, go to Kita, nuff' said.
>>
>>9107528
Aya used to have live music though. That and Jpop and Kpop aren't the same as Anison.
>>
File: 1440942334653.jpg (42KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1440942334653.jpg
42KB, 600x450px
>>9107206
>too much weeb music
>a bad thing
>>
>>9107258
I am obsessed, I'm still having dreams about it, scarred for life... :'(
>>
Watching my friends list explode on this Amecon music argument is my mornings entertainment.
>>
File: ha.jpg (101KB, 946x628px) Image search: [Google]
ha.jpg
101KB, 946x628px
>>9108091
>>
>>9096644
http://www.strawpoll.me/10790987
>>
>>9108098
Underage gtfo
>>
File: whatabaka.jpg (14KB, 407x59px) Image search: [Google]
whatabaka.jpg
14KB, 407x59px
This fagget ticks every box on the "I go to anime cons ironically" trash checklist.
>>
>>9108107
>Calvin Harris
>Skrillex
This guy
>>
File: campus2.jpg (568KB, 1170x431px) Image search: [Google]
campus2.jpg
568KB, 1170x431px
>>9106208

More details for meet.
If you haven't been to the campus before, Picture is of the courtyard/steps. Meet will be here along with a bunch of badge less nerds.

>What time?
6pm Friday. Subject to change.

>What do I look for?
No idea what we're cosplaying but should come up with something so everyone knows what to look for.

>W-what are we gonna do?
Hate everything together. Bring drink if you want.

>Group chat
Soon.
>>
>>9108107
I'm friends with this faggot and he's the gayest bully I know, -10/10 shitty taste all around and absolutely horrible cosplayer too.
>>
>>9107610
I love this picture so much
>>
>>9108157
Group chat perma invite.
https://discord.gg/JjadjRV
>>
>>9108159
Yeah sure sounds like you're friends
>>
>>9108097
> Convention tries a metal set due to someone offering to do one
> Event isn't listening to attendees
Seems legit

Shenny is clearly salty because as he has been stating in that thread "I offered but they ignored me". I don't know what the background is to that, but it sounds like he's butthurt because Amecon didn't want a 10 person shitfest party.
>>
>>9108235
He's a terrible DJ and an arrogant prick. That's why Ame told him they didn't want him doing a set.
>>
>>9108236
You have the inside scoop anon? I was just guessing.
>>
>>9108107
For real, what a fucking try hard. I'm pretty neutral on the music debate itself, I'll dance to whatever, but this guy basically exemplifies everything that is wrong with the Kita crowd. Why even drop all the money on travel, hotel and badge if you're only interested in doing the exact same thing you could do in any Oceana anywhere in the country?
>>
>>9108257
>>9108256
They're both part of the same friend group. It's a shame because some of the people in that group are great but if you want to hang out with them, you have to put up with those douchebags.
>>
>>9108281
Isn't that the story with any group of con friends really?
>>
>>9108283
The tools outnumber the alright guys.
>>
>>9108291
Who else is in that group?
>>
>>9108294
Here's the mention you so desperately want, Jayce.
>>
>>9108296
I don't even know who that is famalam, I just like to keep a running list of names to avoid.
>>
Least we can all be thankful that Snap isnt about.............
>>
>>9108337
Just looked him up and he's actually bragging on facebook about how obnoxious he and Reiss are. Wow. Clearly an accomplished gentleman of vast and burgeoning self-esteem.
>>
File: gfdas.png (9KB, 517x124px) Image search: [Google]
gfdas.png
9KB, 517x124px
>>9108296
>>9108399
He didn't even say anything in the post... The fuck is with this guys ego
>>
File: faggot.png (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
9KB, 300x300px
>>9108412
>>
>>9108412
I'm guessing that's what the other anon was on about here >>9108296
What an utter attention-whoring tool. Mummy clearly didn't hug him enough.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (25KB, 317x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
25KB, 317x200px
>Ame is next week
>Running a panel for the first time
>Confidence has gone
>It's shit, I'm shit, everyone will be bored
>Why did I even think this is a good idea
>What am I even doing
>mfw
>>
>>9108465
What's your panel anon? Post it here nfd some kind seagulls might show to support you.
>>
>>9108465
There are some unusual panels this year that i'm REALLY looking forward to.

Hopefully yours is one :)
>>
>>9108471
Not sure if being nice or sinister.
>>
File: 1466507446564.png (16KB, 259x224px) Image search: [Google]
1466507446564.png
16KB, 259x224px
>>9096644
does MCM have an artist alley? i went to MCM scotland last year and only got to check out stalls with anime merch, but i'm wondering if there's a place to buy stuff from artists.
>>
>>9108465
If it's any comfort, I have run a few panels at various cons over the years and this fear never goes away, but people have always responded well afterwards. You'll be fine.
>>
>>9108509
Always. Scotland had one last year, I bought a pile of prints, comics and badges.
>>
>>9108537
thanks! i'm upset i missed it then. i could only go for a few hours, but this year i'm spending the entire weekend there, so i'll have plenty time.
>>
File: tumblr_static_134183922064.gif (548KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_static_134183922064.gif
548KB, 640x480px
Finished the construction of my costume for MCM Manchester today, just got the wig to do now.
On another note, who /dyingintheheat/ here?
>>
>>9108509
Yeah, it does
>>
File: chocolate.jpg (229KB, 1000x980px) Image search: [Google]
chocolate.jpg
229KB, 1000x980px
>>9108194
New rule for group chat. Chocolate related names only.
https://discord.gg/JjadjRV
>>
File: tumblr_mc7wqsWySA1rcksbno1_1280.jpg (91KB, 638x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mc7wqsWySA1rcksbno1_1280.jpg
91KB, 638x960px
BEST COSPLAY
>>
>>9108851
>skeleton body
>BIG BEWBS TEEHEE
Why is it always like this?
>>
>>9108859
Because Wipeout is awesome?
>>
File: zcSQf.jpg (444KB, 1753x2392px) Image search: [Google]
zcSQf.jpg
444KB, 1753x2392px
>>9108869
yes, yes it is
>>
>>9108851
>not Icarus
Nice idea though
>>
>>9109418
the stains
>>
>>9109445
Can't unsee
>>
gf and I went to HJ last week. Our first con and we liked it a lot so ended up going for three days. Was a bit tamer and smaller than expected and nobody else seemed to be drinking before, during or after the event either?.. Was quite cliquey. Also walking all the way round the smoking section to chill and chat with like minded weebs wasnt that successful since it seemed pretty much no one smoked plus you had to walk all the way round the venue to get back in

We're looking at mcm Manchester or film and comic con at Olympia, but there's also amecon. All of them seem to clash..

what do you guys recommend out of that bunch? Leaning towards amecon but dunno if you need tickets in advance or can grab them on the door .Someone said its sold out and the sites down
>>
>>9109854
Sold out you can't get tickets.
if you're new do MCM. Get your first MCM done and over with.
>>
>>9109854
check out>>9098192
>>
>>9108465
You'll be fine. It takes balls to do panels.
>>
What are people's thoughts on LFCC? Haven't been since that god-awful hot mess that was 2014 (the year Stan Lee was there)
>>
>>9110026
I've always enjoyed LFCC but I never consider it an "essential" con. I look at the guest announcements and decide whether or not I want to go based on that, as it doesn't have the same social atmosphere as other cons. This year's one has a fantastic guest list so I'm actually a bit gutted that I'm all paid up for Amecon.
>>
File: image.jpg (207KB, 739x1063px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
207KB, 739x1063px
When you're a cosplay pro and just want to boast about how well you photograph
>>
>>9110622
Next level choad boner.
>>
I wonder if I'll see MT at Amecon. He may want to find me first though; he's already begun Facebook messaging me.
>>
>>9110739

I doubt it, He's on the Amecon blacklist along with anyone who makes music suggestions.
>>
>>9110755
contain your salt Reiss, it's not the committee's fault you're a sad tryhard twat.
>>
>>9110809
>>9110755
pls stop trying to push this shitty meme.
>>
Oh yeah. Someone asked for the AL volunteer handbook:

https://averyunhappyweeaboo.wordpress.com/2016/07/22/the-crew-handbook-part-two/
>>
>>9111004
Thanks for this! I was one of the anons that asked to see screenshots.
Holy shit though, this reads like an adult talking to an insolent toddler. I'm going to vomit.
>>
>>9097491
I'll be going to Manchester this year, look out for the R. Dorothy Wayneright cosplayer
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 700x573px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 700x573px
>>9108509
It does - I sell there, it's one of the best cons for indy artists in my book. Always sell loads and the crowd are super fun and friendly, the best people
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 300x225px
>>9111340
>would kill to see good Dorothy R cosplay
>probably wouldn't go to Manchester though

Are you coming to Glasgow?
>>
>>9111382
Glasgow is a shitshow though. There's only a handful of genuinely good Scottish cosplayers but they keep to themselves or they're prop maker first and cosplayer second.
>>
>>9111004
>Follow the Chain of Command. If your team- leader tells you to do something, you do it – even if it seems like a bad idea to you! This goes without saying. You can suggest a better way to do things which they might not have considered, but they will always have the final say.
>You shall not carry out any task or activity that you feel to be hazardous, for whatever reason.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Also, comedy gold:

>Crew Party! Not strictly a party,
>>
>>9111879
Just a bunch of microwaved pizzas in a room as a "thanks" for working 14 hours a day for 3 days straight.
>>
>>9111879
It isn't
One clearly trumps the other
It should be read as
>Do what command says even if you don't agree
>Unless it's dangerous, then dont do it
>>
>>9112238
A sensible person would think that, but I'd wager an AL shitlord going on a power trip would interpret it the other way round.
>>
>>9111340
>Big O cosplay
Fuck yes
>>
>>9112348
if that happens then there is nothing else to do but stand the ground and tell them to fuck off

its a major problem with people who attend cons, they are too afraid to make a scene and stand their ground

I am sure 50%+ or more issues could be handled by telling them to fuck off, the rest likely could be fixed by reporting to higher ups
>>
File: faggotdetected.gif (107KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
faggotdetected.gif
107KB, 720x480px
>>9112372
Sup Mike.
>>
>>9111004
>All crew must attend the morning brief
ings.
>use this time to go over health and safety

>we may not have time to go through a crew briefing.
>we'll get you sorted out with a crew shirt and badge as soon as possible

YOU must attend but that doesnt mean we will actually do it lel
>implying that doesnt mean anyone can pretend to be a staff member during the morning rush and just pretend they didnt get a shirt and badge
>>
>>9112374
what?
Nah senpai, its bad he worded it like that
too open to abuse and seems like it plays upon the desire not to speak up

I was just saying, it wouldnt work if people were willing to not take shit
>>
>>9112372
>>9111879
>>9112374
>>9112375
and actually, upon further reading, its completly inaccurate if you read on

>you shall not carry out any task or activity that you feel to be hazardous, for whatever reason. This must be discussed with your team leader and all concerns passed to the head of crew
>>
>When Things Go REALLY Wrong
actual incident plans? Finally something useful

>for example a video game console lacks controllers

what?

>No mention of first aid, major incident responce or anything like that

OH GOD NO
This is next level shit.
That was probably the only part of the bloody thing that isnt intuitive and actually matters.

up till then it was forgivable, but the lack of these plans on paper (especially with the risk of no breif taking place on the day) means attendees are put at risk

>shit happens
>staffers dont know what to do
>clusterfuck and no way to fix it till its a million times worse
>>
>>9112388
Not to alarm anyone, but first aid provision at UK cons is complete shit, and also in some cases illegal.

At Kita I asked about volunteering, and mentioned that I'm a first aider. To which they said the first aid provision would all be covered by the volunteers. Which is technically illegal, as events organisers MUST provide their own first aid coverage (as in, actual trained professionals), and not rely on volunteers with a first aid certificate.

So try not to fall down stairs or cut yourself during a con, unless another con-goer is actually trained, you're fucked.
>>
>>9112393

You sure? All the first aiders at Kita are trained and have certs, plus they have St Johns on site...
>>
>>9112393
Luckily thats me (SJA), however I have noticed the lack of SJA and other organiseations being present
you confirming it is worrying

guess I will bring a kit with me just in case because I doubt they are properly equiped either
>>
>>9112393
>>9112398

Ahh, I see the problem,
its not very well known, members of SJA are volenteers (who are trained etc)
however the organisation is paid which means while they are technically 'volenteers' it probably fits the requirement
>>
>>9112002
Well actually our deal was working for 14 hours throughout the entire convention, not 14 hours a day; being there for longer would be our own choice.

But I totally believe the microwaved pizzas in dodgy hostel story. If he's generous, he could go to one of the numerous cheap pizza places along Holloway Road.
>>
>>9105751
People were selling beer, it was just badly advertised
>>
>>9106185
Koro sensei was fucking robbed
>>
File: Cn4OZFjWcAAfzQD.jpg large.jpg (230KB, 1344x672px) Image search: [Google]
Cn4OZFjWcAAfzQD.jpg large.jpg
230KB, 1344x672px
>>9106185
May help to post some pictures but it's annoying that the only official ones so far are the 360 camera ones
>>
File: Cn4MJd6WgAAAtF3.jpg large.jpg (228KB, 1344x672px) Image search: [Google]
Cn4MJd6WgAAAtF3.jpg large.jpg
228KB, 1344x672px
>>9112662
Spooner making his appearance
>>
>>9111004
London here, I literally don't know a single person in the London comm who doesn't think AL are fucking trash. I only go to LAGC cause it's like 15 minutes from my house, and most of my mates only go to it for the alcohol.
>>
What's the best place to buy coloured prescription contacts? I need a of red ones for a Gilgamesh cosplay
>>
>>9112680
>all this salt about AL cons
If they're so shit, why are all of you bitches still going to them instead if running your own hmm?
>>
>>9111382
Unfortunately Glasgow is too far out of the way for me so I won't be going.

Also this won't be a great cosplay, I don't do it very seriously
>>
FIVE DAYS TILL AME HYYYYYPE
>>
File: Purpledrankniki.jpg (422KB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
Purpledrankniki.jpg
422KB, 700x800px
>>9113090
Looks like I'm doing re-wares again!
>>
>>9113084
1. I don't go to them, I like to heed the warnings of others, and there have been a lot of warnings.
2. Unlike Towers, I know damn well that I have no idea how to run a convention properly and therefore choose not to attempt it. Towers is an excellent object lesson in what happens when your organisers are incompetent but don't realise or care that they're incompetent. See point 1.
>>
>>9113090
fuck you anon. I was going to have a lazy sunday sitting on my laptop on bed.
Now I'm up and panic crafting and OUT OF BED

fuck you
>>
>mfw planning out my Ame itinery

It's really odd, it's looking like I'm going to be busy as fuck with panels/events on Fri and Sun, but there's nothing that really interests me on the Sat. What's everyone looking forward to?
>>
>>9113136
Fucking you up the butt.
>>
File: 1467725002972.jpg (138KB, 443x400px) Image search: [Google]
1467725002972.jpg
138KB, 443x400px
>>9113136
Party with cute people?
>>
How much of a Pokemon Go shit fest is ame going to be?
>>
>>9113170
It'll be awful. I bet at least one fedora tries to use it as a chat up line.

>So I see you're on Team Red m'lady. I'd like to complement you on your fine choice of team and joining me on the superior team.
>>
>>9113136
Party? Ame is a party con, only not so hardcore and insane as Kita.

And there's the self-help panel for us loners.
>>
File: 1.png (373KB, 958x958px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
373KB, 958x958px
>>9113170
Hating on whatever the popular thing is at the moment doesn't make you cool anon.
>>
File: 1466461571179.png (24KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1466461571179.png
24KB, 240x240px
>>9113262
>hardcore and insane as Kita
Meme needs to stop. Kita is held in a Hilton full of normies. They've stopped parties early because people complained about noise. It's one step above a school disco.
>>
>>9113268
Why don't you head on down to Santa Monica pier and we can settle this there ;)
>>
>>9113277
Sure thing anon. Post a picture when you get there so we all know you're there :^)
>>
File: viewofthebay.jpg (225KB, 1091x584px) Image search: [Google]
viewofthebay.jpg
225KB, 1091x584px
>>9113280
It's beautiful this time of day.
>>
>>9113269
And somehow it's still the most party the UK scene gets

Sad isn't it
>>
>>9113084
as I say, LAGC is nearby and I have friends who go that I like hanging out with. Every other AL con/meet I avoid like the plague
>>
>>9113136
>What's everyone looking forward to?
Drinking, partying, meeting up with friends and having a laugh at any godawful bootlegs that people pathetically try to flog in the dealers room.
>>
>>9113136
Keeping walkers away from the gyms.
>>
>>9098165
She claimed on her personal profile that it was down to the "effort" of managing such a "large" page. I didn't realise posting a photo everyday to 15k fake likes was a hard job.
>>
>>9113375
I thought they were clamping down on the bootlegs? Or do they just not give a shit anymore?
>>
So is the meet going ahead or not?
>>
I can assure you there will be no bootlegs in the dealers room :)
>>
I am sure if any there are any stalls trying to sell bootlegs in the Dealer's room, Jenna Pateman will be throwing them out, I know her and know that she is super passionate about the issue of bootlegs not being sold to attendees.
>>
File: Dog sweat.gif (3MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
Dog sweat.gif
3MB, 300x169px
>>9113536
Oh...
>>
>>9113451
>>9113533
I don't think I've ever been to a UK con where there hasn't been some bootleg stuff floating around, I'll be surprised in Ame makes it 100%.

>>9113536
That's interesting atleast. Looking at the dealer list they've announced there's a couple of they might have issues with there. Every con I've seen Estatic Arts at this year, they've slowly been increasing the amount of non-figure bootlegs on their stall like "replica" Dragon balls, naruto kunais, dodgy Amuse plushes etc. If Cartoon Passion are who I think they are, then there's a good chance of some dodgy shit there too.
>>
>>9099079
I do, but typically just shave with razors whilst taking a shower. /lgbt/ might be able to help you out if you read the stickies and pastebins
>>
>>9113536
I'd take you more seriously anon if their dealers list didn't feature dealers known to sell bootlegs.
>>
What stalls are notorious for bootlegs? How do I go about not getting screwed over?
>>
File: shrugpomf.jpg (17KB, 350x277px) Image search: [Google]
shrugpomf.jpg
17KB, 350x277px
>>9114582
If it looks like shit, don't buy it.

http://buyfags.moe/Bootleg_spotting_guides
>>
>>9113295
I noticed you've never witnessed the Toko disco tent.
>>
File: wank.gif (993KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
wank.gif
993KB, 540x540px
There's an Amecon app with a personalized panel schedule. What a time to be alive.
>>
File: fjkdls.jpg (796KB, 4033x525px) Image search: [Google]
fjkdls.jpg
796KB, 4033x525px
Will the UK scene ever recover?
>>
>>9114641
Nope. Not ever.
>>
>>9113536
I also know her and she's fat and annoying. You knowing her means shit on an anonymous board.
>>
>>9114605
Please don't shill so hard, this is honestly embarrassing. Toko disco tent is basically a school disco in a field, and that's fun and all and 100% what I go for, but it's not any kind of big impressive party. I really hope you're not committee because that's fucking embarrassing if so
>>
File: thatsthejoke.png (233KB, 464x464px) Image search: [Google]
thatsthejoke.png
233KB, 464x464px
>>9114761
>>
http://www.otakunews.com/piratefaq.php
>>
Only ever been to MCM, is Amecon worth it? Obviously too late to get a cosplay together but is it a good time? Thoughts on attendees, vendors, and general atmosphere?
>>
>>9114813
It's too late to go unless you already braught tickets
So either you want to go or cant
>>
>>9114641
>Girls only play games for male attention
>Cool people ruin the atmosphere
>Drinking is bad guise ;_;
>It's popular now it sucks
>Nobody understands the game like us

Holy shit, this is beta even by /tg/ standards.
>>
>>9114813
>Only ever been to MCM, is Amecon worth it? Obviously too late to get a cosplay together but is it a good time?
Totally worth it but too late to get a tcket now if you haven't already.

>Thoughts on attendees,
You'll meet some good people if you're going by yourself and not a social retard. It's best if you're going with friends but after a few beers and dancing you'll have made some new ones.

>vendors
As has been said already, it's a mixed bag interms of fake/legit stuff. It's also recommended to take a good look around before parting with your cash as, like MCM, some dealers might have the same items cheaper than others.

>general atmosphere?
It's a party con but it's a nice con.
>>
What's your honest opinion on people who try to join your friend group at cons?
>>
>>9114850
>What's your honest opinion on people who try to join your friend group at cons?
Depends on the person. Some people give of a real deperate vibe, some can be bit too try hard and some end up being mates by the end.

Ass hats that try to joing our group to hit on girls though can fuck right off.
>>
>>9114830
>>9114843
Ah thanks, didn't know about the ticket situation. I'll look into going next year because MCM gets very samey after a while, cheers
>>
Ne1 12 hook up n party @ AME. Holla @ me. Gots pills n coke. Hot girls only, no dudes.
>>
>>>>9114913
G.I.R.L.s accepted?
>>
>>9114967
No thanks, MT.
>>
>>9114850
Like the other guy said, depends on the person. If they're approaching due to a mutual interest (gaming, anime, cosplay etc) and they're not total autists, then no problem, glad to have you onboard. Thirsty clunge hunters can do one though, nobody wants them around, with the exception of bikini cosplayers who think they can milk some money out of them.
>>
>>9114850
More than welcome. I love making new friends at cons.

Unfortunately my BFF has the amazing ability to attract the creepiest autist in the room simply by existing, so if you are said creepy guy, you will be told to fuck off. Otherwise, you're more than welcome anon.
>>
>>9112680
Thanks for your money, please keep coming, and bring more of your "mates" next time too. <3
>>
>>9113092
They become the largest anime event organiser in the UK? 9 cons this year and rising?

</3
>>
>>9114981
Sorry I don't know what this means
>>
>>9115066
And there are more complaints about the organisation at AL events than literally all the other big fan-run cons put together. Just because Towers has amassed a lot of idiot thralls who will go to his events and defend his incompetent ass no matter what, doesn't mean that he runs good events.

And I still wouldn't know where to begin with running an anime con, but I do know that you're better running one event so it's the very best it can be, than running lots of half-assed events and glossing over people's valid criticisms so you can wank yourself off on your own self-importance.
>>
>>9115104
If Towers is single-handledly so capable of getting so many people to attend so many of his events despite these short-comings then he's clearly an order of magnitude more capable than you're suggesting.
>>
>>9115109
I thought he had a crew for conventions? Thats why there is a handbook? Does he do EVERYTHING by himself?

no

He just does all the ruining of them himself
>>
>>9115115
That's some hardcore hate you got going on. Are you a secret fan?
>>
>>9115115
:( The handbook link doesn't work
>>
>>9115128
>>9115109
>>9115066
Why are you whiteknighting a man who has proven time and again that he is a predatory paedophile who will happily use substances to get underage girls into an exploitable position?
>>
>>9115194
>Why are you whiteknighting a man who has proven time and again that he is a predatory paedophile who will happily use substances to get underage girls into an exploitable position?
The important part is he hasn't been convicted yet. That makes him a role model for some people.
>>
>>9115194
Self posts.
>>
>>9115223
Hi MT. That's cute you feel you're a role model to yourself. daaawwwww.
>>
First time at amecon. Is there anyone that should be avoided?
>>
File: smileguts.jpg (14KB, 209x211px) Image search: [Google]
smileguts.jpg
14KB, 209x211px
>>9115331
Me
>>
I've had a formal complaint about my handbook post, so it has had to be taken down.
>>
>>9115516
Share the formal complaint?
>>
Anyone using that Amecon scheduling app? I think it's a brilliant idea, nice to see a UK con trying out something new. However, it has made me realise that there is absolutely fuck all that interests me on Saturday and Sunday. More time for photoshoots and drinking I guess
>>
>>9115109
It's not that he's especially capable it's just that no one else bothers to run anything, so weebs turn up to his events because there is fuck all else and they're dirt cheap to attend. The day somebody competent actually decides to start running UK wide mini meetings in the areas Towers has sunk his tentacles into his whole fuck show will collapse.
>>
File: annoyingcomplaint.png (177KB, 1169x392px) Image search: [Google]
annoyingcomplaint.png
177KB, 1169x392px
>>9115790
This was clearly sent by an AL butt-hurt guy. It seems that I didn't redact the phone numbers correctly, and they must have gotten around it.

I'm no pussy, but if I get a formal complaint from Wordpress, along with threat of police action for breaching Data Protection, I don't want to take any chances.

I'm fine with it though; I consider it a lesson learned and a slap on the wrist.
>>
>>9116034

Didn't you black out the phone numbers though?
>>
>>9116049
I did black the numbers out, but as I did it using Acrobat Reader, it could be gotten around, possibly. Apparently there's a proper method that's done to redact numbers that I didn't know existed.
>>
>>9116034
When I viewed it the phone numbers were totally visible so I'm not surprised
>>
>>9116034
First off the IP means fuck all

Secondly repost correctly?
>>
>>9116034
Black the phone numbers out in paint and post them as jpgs.
>>
>>9116090

Oh yeah you can just right-click and delete. lol
>>
>>9116096
I know IP means FA. As for reposting it, I think it's too late now.
>>9116106
If I ever do something like this again, then I'll do the jpgs instead.
>>
File: Chiken hug.gif (3MB, 350x349px) Image search: [Google]
Chiken hug.gif
3MB, 350x349px
>>9116115
At least you tried you big doufus.

Keep fighting the good fight.
>>
>>9116115
Sorry I wasn't getting at you, it just rustles me when people use ip=identifying people
>>
File: 1465449407086.jpg (20KB, 441x414px) Image search: [Google]
1465449407086.jpg
20KB, 441x414px
>>9116260
Towers no
>>
File: Not even mad.jpg (17KB, 509x446px) Image search: [Google]
Not even mad.jpg
17KB, 509x446px
I haven't watched any anime since Kill La Kill. Someone recommend me a recent anime to marathon on the train down so I can seem hip and with it.
>>
>>9116552
I was about to kick a fuss; glad someone beat me to it.
>>
>>9116560
One Punch Man for easy cred.
Haikyuu for horrendous fans cred.
Dragonball Super for normie cred.
JJBA for good old fashioned fun times.
>>
File: mutterundvater.jpg (286KB, 980x530px) Image search: [Google]
mutterundvater.jpg
286KB, 980x530px
>>9116560
Generation War tells the story of five German friends, aged around 20, on their different paths through Nazi Germany and World War II: as Wehrmacht soldiers on the Eastern Front, a war nurse, an aspiring singer, and a Jewish tailor.
>>
>>9115808
What's the app called?
>>
>>9117132
Ameview.
>>
Search for "AmeCon" or "AmeView" in the Apple or Android app stores.
>>
File: 1408393031535.gif (920KB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
1408393031535.gif
920KB, 294x233px
They canceled the lip sync battle and replaced it with a Kpop night!
>>
>>9117361
yeah, the lip synch battle only got like 3 entries, kek
>>
>>9117366
>>9117361
Who ever organized that event needs a slap.
>>
> Went on 4chan to look for good cons to go to
> Everyone says go Kita
> Went to Kita for 2 years in a row
> Trainwreck both times

I put the organisation and execution of Kita on par with Animecon events.

Can anyone give a non-biased review of Amecon before I buy myself tickets from dropouts?
>>
>>9117388
The venue is much better than the Hilton, it's a uni campus with every thing you need to not die on site. Cheap rooms are best since they're closer. Ame doesn't tend to shove bullshit down your throat like Kita does with that Fate mess. Its seen as less of a party con so more people tend to step up to run panels and the level of cosplay is a little higher. Could still be a sub par event though since this is the first time Ame has hosted at Warwick.

Don't believe the Kita meme. It's a bad con with no panels because no one can be bothered to run them. There's kids getting paralytic and thirsty neck beards trying to get some 24/7. Apart from that, there's nothing going on.
>>
Please tell me I'm not the only one who canceled cosplays because of the potential heat.
>>
>>9117402
Seconded, only I have more faith that Ame can pull off doing Warwick. At least it's not Keele anymore. I am saying this from a gopher's pov, mind.
>>
Anybody know if that spergy goofer who's always on the dealer room door is going to ame? The 40 something guy who always lets off on people for using the wrong door and other trivial bullshit. Badge name begins with an A.
>>
>>9117442

Ashram?
>>
>>9117463
Yeah, that guy.
>>
So euro qualifiers are this weekend. Does anybody in the uk actually care? Who's entering?
>>
>>9117481
Think i saw his name on the list yeah
>>
File: brittonkanger.gif (273KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
brittonkanger.gif
273KB, 640x360px
>>9117489
How has he not been banned from goofering yet?
>>
>>9115808
I'm using the app, and I love the idea. It's simple to make (on Ame's side), and simple to use (on the congoer's side). And I'm pretty sure their barcode system will be very easy as it's likely to be a system that any old Tesco uses.

As someone who saw AL's ticketing system first-hand, I'm very glad QR code scanning wasn't used. But it was the app itself that was total fail; only AL kept insisting it was fine.
>>
>>9117482
The ones I know about

Rocket Penguin Cosplay - Ronan the Accuser
Helen Alice Cosplay - Princess Zelda
Captain Amelia - Elphaba??
Fantail Cosplay - Radagast The Brown
Megabethbob Cosplay - Flemeth (Dragon Age)

Theres probably a few more I don't know about though
>>
>>9117495
I heard he was banned from gophering at Kitacon after a load of complaints about him working the dealers room a couple of years back but I have't been to Kita since then so don't know if it's true or not.
>>
>>9117405
Not just you anon, my friend and I threw in the towel. Not going to risk heat exhaustion or being sick.

>>9117495
I thought he had been, then for some reason he was allowed back. He's know as Ass-ram for a reason.
>>
>>9117650
Guess there's a shortage of goophers and they'll take anyone they can get.
>>
>>9117708
>goophers
I can't tell if you're serious or not
>>
File: 1467669849772.gif (183KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1467669849772.gif
183KB, 500x250px
>In 2 days time Ame's Friday night party will be starting
>>
File: ReZero_In_A_Nutshell.jpg (31KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
ReZero_In_A_Nutshell.jpg
31KB, 500x566px
>>9117826
Tfw even if I got a ticket I wouldn't be able to go

Let me live through you people
>>
>>9117650
It doesnt look like it's going to be insanely hot, 21 degrees. So warm, but not Benidorm. My cosplay for the Saturday is vinyl, so no way in hell am I wearing that if it's super hot.
>>
File: madokas.jpg (152KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
madokas.jpg
152KB, 800x600px
>>9117731
pls no bullies
>>
So how many times is the Pokemon theme/rap going to be played this weekend?
>>
>>9117405
I am wearing the hottest costume you could imagine. Probably going to die.
>>
File: 3x14_Cox_realizes.jpg (96KB, 944x712px) Image search: [Google]
3x14_Cox_realizes.jpg
96KB, 944x712px
>>9117405
>Potential heat

mfw
>>
>>9118630
>I am wearing the hottest costume you could imagine. Probably going to die.
Hot as in warm and die from overheating or hot as in sexy and die from angry weeb rape?
>>
File: sexy-sw-2.jpg (91KB, 450x810px) Image search: [Google]
sexy-sw-2.jpg
91KB, 450x810px
>>9118956
why not both?
>>
>>9118979
Surprised there weren't any awful costumes like those at SWC last weekend
>>
>>9117612
That's it? Will be a short competition.
>>
>>9117405
Wearing fursuits to mcm, praying for rain.
>>
>>9119142
It's mixed in with the general masquerade so it won't be.
>>
>>9119141
there was
>>
>>9119153
Ok I forgot about that that should be a bit better / worse
>>
File: 1463528566158.jpg (89KB, 960x796px) Image search: [Google]
1463528566158.jpg
89KB, 960x796px
Who else leaving everything to the last minute?
>>
>>9119660
I'm glad I've only got one part left of my kit left to finish by the end of play tomorrow, and as long as something doesn't go wrong, I'm golden.
>>
>>9119660
Me, seeing as I'm sitting in my room with my sewing machine whilst all of my friends are socialising.....
Thread posts: 393
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.