[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 49

Old Thread >>9080572
>>
Has anyone tried out the new lockshop wigs yet? I've owned a lot of theirs over the last few years and those new ones look like shit. the manufacturers changed or something. any reviews? specifically the new mermaid wigs?

I may be moving to dreamholic now but theirs look really messy all the time. I need a new Lolita wig and I feel lost. haha
>>
>>9091919
My friend got a newer Lockshop wig as part of a wig grab bag from Lolita Collective. Not sure what style it was, but it was shiny like a costume wig and the wefts fell apart just from taking it out of the bag. By the time we got it packaged back up to exchange it already had a bald spot on the cap just from light handling. Luckily she got an older model wig that isn't falling apart in our hands. Can't say that this will happen with all the new wigs, but proceed cautiously.
>>
>>9091809
Oh man I was just looking through this issue with my new beau last night. He wanted me to show him sailor lolita and the men's counterpart to lolita. It feels nice to have found someone who really digs you and thinks youre cute in lolita, but like not in a creepy way or anything.
>>
>>9091919
I've got 3 dreamholic wigs and they're lovely! I'd say buy from them, honestly. Much more natural looking than lockshop wigs and glw, not that anyone buys from glw anymore. I think it's the colours, they look real for me.
>>
>>9091974

>just got a Lockshop wig from LaceMarket
>No idea if it's the new style or old, just that it's unworn

....shit
>>
Any gulls download the Alice holic app? Its only for iPhone and I'm not sure if they have plans to release it for android (I hope they do if its any good as that's what I have) it looks pretty cute.
>>
>>9092041
>>9091809
What's the sewing pattern of this edition?
>>
File: lzwM4bX.jpg (68KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
lzwM4bX.jpg
68KB, 480x640px
Help please. My girlfriend had her wallet stolen and is really upset about it. I want to get her a new one, so I looked at the brands she likes but they don't sell wallets. Where do I find one? Hers was brown and said innocent world and kind of looked like a cookie.
>>
I know this isn't really the best thread for this, but I recently bought an AP skirt and all my petticoats are too large for it. does anyone have a recommendation about a somewhat shorter petticoat that doesn't have a ton of poof?
>>
>>9092167
make a ducttape wallet nigga
>>
>>9092167
If a secondhand one is ok, try lacemarket, closet child or posting a wtb in one of the facebook sales groups. Most brands do sell wallets, are you sure you looked in the right section?
>>
>>9092167
You probably won't find the exact same one. But there is an innocent world one on lacemarket.
http://www.lacemarket.us/innocent-world-ribbon-biscuit-long-wallet/
>>
>>9092167
Since you probably don't want to wade through second-hand Lolita sites, tell her to watch her favorite brands for when a new one she likes comes out and that you'd like to get it for her. She probably already checking her brand sites often and can quickly look for a used one or post a wtb where she likes to shop if she buys 2nd hand goods.
>>
>>9092172
Leg avenue petti on Amazon. I use it for my AP skirts.
>>
>>9091919
>tfw Choke has gotten away with scamming people and fucking them over for years because she has her "customer service rep" delete and ban anyone who comments about not receiving good service on Facebook
>tfw her new wigs look like shit

feels good
>>
>>9092225
Can we boot her from the community yet? If this was anyone else they'd be long gone by now
>>
>>9092219
Thank you so much anon!
>>
>>9092226
I wish. She deletes all evidence of her poor business practices so anytime she gets called out it disappears fast.
>>
>>9092199
Holy shit that is the same one but in pink. Are you a wizard? I need to ask if she likes pink. Ty
>>
File: eternal carnival.jpg (132KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
eternal carnival.jpg
132KB, 720x960px
Posted in old thread too but nobody responded. Does anyone know the name of the model in pic related? She's usually in Spoon magazine. She's inspiring to me, I want to follow her social media if anyone knows.
>>
My friend and I are thinking of twinning but we have no idea with what dress. I typically like more EGL/aristocratic stuff while she leans more towards sweet/classic. She'll willing to go more classic since I dislike sweet lolita. I was thinking of picking the pink and black colorways of pic related but would love some other options.
>>
>>9092478
aka

>please let me know so I can jerk it to her
>>
How long is reasonable to wait for a buyer to pay their invoice before leaving neg feedback? The buyer didn't ask any questions before bidding, I send tracked as a default so invoiced them as such, messaged them since they still haven't said anything (asking if they are having payment trouble/want different shipping), and still no response. It's been 5 days since the purchase.
>>
>>9092497
I'd say 48 hours at most. Many people put a time limit on their terms. If you don't have that, I would say a full week and then leave negative feedback and relist.
>>
>>9092489
Get simple dresses in a jewel tone, perhaps burgundy. This can be dressed more gothic/ega or sweet/classic when you wear them separately, but you can also come up with coordinator that match using them.
>>
>>9092478
玉城ティナ
>>
Anyone know of any Lolita shops in Shanghai? I'm visiting later this month and couldn't fit in a layover in Tokyo. All of the results I got while googling are kind of old.
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
Anyone know where I can find similar shoes?
>>
Genuine question, how many of you guys would admit to having a legitimate shopping addiction?
>>
>>9092515
AP Shanghai. http://www.angelicpretty.com/shoplist/shop/shanghai.htm
>>
>>9092607

I'm in the middle of selling more items and paying off cards, but I'll have some loans to deal with now...but better the cards are gone and I can't just burn up the credit I pay off.

I'm really doing my best to unplug, but yeah I think the bulk of my Lolita spending was addiction related, I'm pretty embarassed about it.
>>
>>9092607
Yeah, it's not as bad as other people on this board. I have almost no credit debt, and I buy at least one item a month, maybe up to 3 main pieces. The only reason I would qualify it as addiction is that I buy things so consistently and not doing so stresses me out. I'm not in a position to be spending more than I do, and I am saving up for Japan, so I am trying to curb me spending.
>>
File: 12061023-web[1].jpg (389KB, 720x1018px) Image search: [Google]
12061023-web[1].jpg
389KB, 720x1018px
Looks like Meta's rereleasing Castle Mirage soon. Guess they beat AP to the punch.
>>
>>9092634
AP has already released castle mirage twice?
>>
>>9092634
That is not the actual Castle Mirage print.
>>
File: 1459722005062.jpg (2MB, 2048x1338px) Image search: [Google]
1459722005062.jpg
2MB, 2048x1338px
Have any of you ever considered wearing cage skirts or hoop skirts with the right shape instead of layering petticoats?
I recently got my first hoopskirt, it was cheap as fuck, has three hoops and a perfect shape for lolita. In order to make the hoops invisible I put one thin petti over it and I love it.
With pettis I was always adjusting them in some way, it was never poofy enough and they always got in the way, one area had more gathered up petti than the other, etcetera. With hoopskirts the shape is always perfect and I even find it pretty easy to sit in small chairs with it.
What do you guys think?
Is it a blasphemy to replace a petti with a hoopskirt?
>>
>>9092680
I feel as though it's not blasphemy. As long as the hoops aren't visible and you can sit in them it's fine. The main issue most girls have is they're annoying to sit in.
>>
>>9092680
I am absolutely planning on getting hoop skirts to wear instead of petties because its always hot where I live and I just never think my petties give the right shape.

What hoopskirt do you have? I found an amazing bell shaped hoopskirt on etsy but its 140 bucks.
>>
>>9092607
I feel most of my Lolita spending is addiction because it makes me feel so good. Buying, coord planning, wearing all makes me feel really good. I'm not overspending or in debt but every morning the first thing I do is stalk the auctions.
>>
>>9092680
Honestly you could wear a belt of pillows instead of a petticoat and nobody would give bat an eye as long as the shape and drape of the skirt still looks nice.
>>
>>9092694
Honestly I just got mine on ebay for 10 bucks because I wanted to try out something cheap first to see how it felt. I can't find the exact one anymore and I don't know if it's getting relisted, but it was a longer one with 5 hoops and I just cut off the lowest two and it's just above knee length now. It was very cheap but it feels sturdy and actually gives the right shape.
I'm planning to try making my own hoopskirt soon, maybe that's something you could look into if you don't want to spend too much money. I got material for hoops at a local fabrics market.
>>
>>9092709
Ive heard its harder to make them then it seems but thats always an option! I will have to check ebay out though, for some reason it never occurred to me to just cut some hoops off

I had been eyeing f+f's cage/hoopskirts for a while, thinking of getting one.
>>
>>9092489
Speaking of twinning, I have always wanted to do it and have been wondering

>what usually prompts you to twin with someone?

>how do you coordinate? Who takes the lead?

>how long does it take you to complete your twinning coords, from the idea, to ordering, to wearing?

>Do you set a budged or is it best to just prepared to shell out more to match the other person?

>Anyone ever have a fight with a friend over twinning?
>>
File: CW1O4DOUwAEsi7B.jpg (59KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CW1O4DOUwAEsi7B.jpg
59KB, 600x800px
Can anyone help me ID this dress? It looks so cute.
>>
>>9092672
If you look up carefully, you can see the joke soaring over your head
>>
>>9092704
>belt of pillows
winter looks

it's like a hidden chair...
>>
>>9092710
I got one and it gives really good poof. I always recommend it to people.
>>
>>9092242
Oh dude, that's awesome. Haha, I've been asked if I'm a witch before so maybe? Glad I could help.
>>
>>9092857
Which one do you have exactly if you dont mind me asking?
>>
>>9092750
Sure it's the Shitty Dot Trim JSK version of Ugly Plastic Jewels by Crappie Knockoffski. Looks great!
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 434x464px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 434x464px
>when you forget to shoop the other eye
>>
Does anyone wear Lolita to work? Not necessarily full coords, but casual or even just mixing in elements? I work for the Gov, and despite how professional that sounds, people can kind of wear what they want and I am thinking of wearing some classic or gothic styles (without Pettis) in order to get more wear out of my closet and just feel nice on work days as well. Any inspired or stories?
>>
>>9092634
That's beautiful, what's the release date
>>
>>9092607
I keep a list of things I've bought and am waiting for in the mail in my desk at work. I look at it when I need cheering up. And when I get sick of political posts on fb I look at lolita stuff to cheer up.

That being said, I think for me lolita is escapism. I only own a handful of items though.
>>
>>9092489
There are definitely dresses out there that could work for both of you - I would say pick a dress that's more classic-styled and she gets one in the lighter colorway of course and you get one that's black. A lot of classic stuff that's in darker colors can be styled as or used for gothic if you pull out the right themes and motifs. For something more universal to all styles I would accessorize with roses, since you could use red/blue (I'd go with red in this instance IMO) and she could use pink/white/ivory.
>>
>>9092607
I do not. The shopping is a giant pain but a necessity to get my coords to the level that I want them if I don't just want to be lazy and buy full sets. It's depressing to still have a wish list of a few rarer or less seen second hand dresses I want to get, showing I'm too lazy to hunt them. I like dressing up and meeting up way better than shopping any day but I also want to look really good so I shop.
>>
>>9092750
this is clearly not a lolita dress and more so an idol costume influenced by lolita
>>
>>9092864
http://www.fanplusfriend.com/gothic-steampunk-knee-length-full-birdcage-steel-petticoat-2colors-instant-shipping/
Got this one.
>>
>>9092607
I have a shopping addiction... this is why I stick to baby, IW, and meta instead of AP. Instead of a few $300 dresses, I get to spread out that buying high and get $120-160 dresses every couple weeks

Can't even bring myself to buy accessories because I see money in terms of secondhand main pieces now
>>
>>9092890
Are you me? I also work for the government and wear lolita to work, usually w/o pettis. I don't do it that often because it's not comfortable to wear for 9 hours a day but sometimes I do it on Fridays or more often in fall/winter when it's not so hot.
>>
>>9092750
I believe this one was made by AP specifically for an idol group, so it's one of a kind.
>>
>>9092680

It's not blasphemy, the reason hoop skirts aren't used more often is that you can't squish them down, especially to get through narrow places or go through some particular turnstiles. And Japan has a lot of those.
>>
>>9092890
I've definitely worn some of my lolita stuff to work. Most of the time I just wear them as regular dresses, but they always get compliments because they have nice details and such.

THere was one day when I wore an almost full-on coord (skirt+otks+fancy blouse+shoes) and my students went kinda nuts. So many going "MISS, MISS, WHAT ARE THOOOOOOOOSE" Tbh it was kinda fun because my kids are goofballs.
>>
File: Holy-Lacy-Doll.jpg (129KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
Holy-Lacy-Doll.jpg
129KB, 800x700px
>>9092489

It might be a good idea to hash out more details, because if you're talking about one black dress and one pink dress, it looks like you're interested in doing one sweet, one gothic? Or you'd both be happy with any dress as long as one is pink and one is black? How far are you going to twin? I know some girls insist on having the same blouse, socks, even similar jewellery and shoes so that they match as much as possible.

If you're okay with any dress that comes in pink and black, then it's easy to go through any brand's solid dresses section. There's even a couple of dresses on sale at IW that come in both pink and black:
http://innocent-w.jp/fs/innocentworld/sale/162615
http://innocent-w.jp/fs/innocentworld/sale/162723

Though this sometimes results in both of you needing to buy extra items like matching headbows or matching legwear, because wearing the same plain dress sometimes highlights how different all your other accessories are.

The more complicated but less buyfaggy route is to go through your wardrobe and see what you both already own that looks sort of similar to each other, pretty sure you both have at least high-neck blouses, shoes with cross straps, simple headbows, tights, etc. In other words, you're building the background coord first, and then you go out and look for a main piece that suits the two similar coords you put together from similar items you already own.
>>
>>9092936
Haha really? Are staff reactions normally pretty good, if any?
>>9092976
That sounds great! You could almost transition to full coords daily!
>>
>>9092890
I used to and I would wear coords (without pettis normally) to college too, but soon I will be working in a uniform I don't get to choose :( I wish I could wear my lolita to work.
>>
>>9092739
When I twinned with a friend what prompted me to ask her and how we decided what piece to use was I already had two colorways of the JSK, matching socks in different colors for each JSK, and two of the same blouse, headpiece, and shoes in opposite colors that went with the JSKs. So it was kind of easy since I already had everything, and she just let me take the lead.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1467938945210.jpg (69KB, 1109x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1467938945210.jpg
69KB, 1109x720px
A few weeks ago some gulls expressed interest in this. Li-Paro is taking preorders till the 11th, and there's only 4 more slots.

>small or large border print
>custom sizing
>cotton or silk fabric
>3 colorways
>skirt vs jsk

I'm so stoked.
>>
>>9093144
The large border print looks like shit, hopefully everyone gets the small. I'm surprised there's a silk option, I have a fairly large wardrobe and have never seen anything offered in silk. Will it be real? Or are they trying to be fancy calling polyester sateen or chiffon "silk"
>>
File: FB_IMG_1467171567072.jpg (87KB, 1312x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1467171567072.jpg
87KB, 1312x960px
>>9093144
>>
File: FB_IMG_1467961326718.jpg (70KB, 995x647px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1467961326718.jpg
70KB, 995x647px
>>9093208
>>
>>9093048
Don't taint Moitie like that. It's not like they could ever find the bag or shoes though.
>>
>>9093267

Yeah, I didn't realise one side was accidentally all Moitie (with a really random blue rose on the headdress to boot) and the other was all AP until I'd posted. The original coffin bag I had was aatp, but it looked kinda gaudy next to the all-black, and Meta platform shoes that were too shiny for the bag.

Anyway, I figure they could do a non brand black coffin purse, they're easy enough to find on ebay/etsy, and Bodyline platform shoes (or go straight for actual gothic shoes, eg Demonia, TUK). I don't really think OP and her friend are up for purchasing two entire set outfits just to twin in, anyway, it's just an idea how they can do sweet and gothic versions of the same dress with things that look kind of similar or carry the same theme, depending on how far they want to twin.
>>
File: 84312017_o3.jpg (223KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
84312017_o3.jpg
223KB, 900x1200px
>wearing otome to a lolita meetup
>y/n

I know some otome dresses can fit a petticoat underneath, but the hem is so much smaller so it doesn't give it the exact amount of poof shown in lolita.
>>
>>9092890
I used to wear toned down blouses, skirts, and tea parties to work. I'd also stroll in with oversized hoodies and yoga pants some days while everyone else wore a suit and tie. I loved working for the govt. they didn't give a crap what you wore.
>>
>>9092936
Yeah most of the people either like it or don't bat an eye at this point lol
>>
>>9093731
Oops meant to respond to >>9093050 and not myself.
>>
>>9093721
People in my comm have done it before. I don't think it's a huge deal unless the event is very specifically lolita only. Casual meetups tho why not.
>>
>>9093721
Unless it's actually a Jfashion meetup, I wouldn't anon. "Otome-kei" is a name that's really only used in the West because most of the people who wear it in Japan just see it as casual or daily wear, so it will be much harder to represent as a substyle compared to lolita (which is much more established internationally). That, and explaining the differences to potential newbies at the meet sounds like it will be more trouble than it's worth.
>>
Where is the best place to find cheap lolita shoes that isn't ebay/Taobao/Bodyline?
>>
>>9093747
Aliexpress
>>
>>9093721
I've worn otome to lolita meets before, but some girls decided to gossip online about "my ugly ita coord" after a meet once, not realizing that it wasn't lolita in the first place. It was obviously otome too.

Maybe ask the host of the event or post to the event page letting them know first.
>>
>>9093755
>not wearing lolita to a lolita meetup

...okay
>>
>>9093755
Why do you think it's okay to wear otome to a LOLITA meet?
>>
>>9093721
No. It's a Lolita meet.
>>
>>9093761
>>9093758
I should have phrased it differently. It was a meetup hosted by a lolita community but it was open to other jfashions. I guess otome was to close to lolita compared to the others who came in fairy kei and visual kei.
>>
>>9093758
>>9093761

In Japan it's under one big umbrella anyways. You hardly hear anyone referring to what western people call 'otome' brands as otome anymore. There's a reason why Leur Getter/Jane Marple/ETC will be seen in the same place as AP/BTSSB. It's because they're considered as the same fashion, just different ends of the spectrum.

And even if it wasn't 'lolita' in the western sense, it's basically lolita's cousin. Gotta wonder why the comm has such ita taste and is so salty about an otome coord.
>>
>>9093738
In Japan, what we call otome is considered soft lolita.
>>
>>9091919
Got a few new wigs from lockshop usa. (God those product pics are terrible. Wtf lolita collective!!?) Anyway, I think the new wigs are shinier than the older ones. The natural parts are shorter and less pronounced. But the fibers are much softer and are very easy to maintain. I'm not sure where I stand because I love how the wigs feel. They are equally as shiny as Dream Holic though, my one gripe about DH wigs.

I have the same colorways of a few LS wigs if you guys would like a new vs. old comparison. I haven't made up my mind until I see how they react to studio lighting. Can't have best of both worlds I guess.
>>
>>9093772
Have you tried the fabric softener trick to cut down the shine?
>>
>>9093935
You shouldn't have to do this on wigs that cost that much.
>>
>>9093766
If that's the case then I don't see why you shouldn't. I wouldn't wear one to a Lolita meet unless they said that it's open to other types of jfashion
>>
choke is like trump or something, it's like there is literally nothing she can do that would make people stop supporting her and her shit company
>>
>>9093944
Should have done more research then, yeah?
>>
>>9092680
of course its not blasphemy. im going to assume you dont have a facebook because quite a few groups have discussed this this month and half the community has robbed their local ikea to satisfy the need for hoops
>>
>>9093964
It's sad isn't it? Lolitas can be so stupid.
>>
>>9093766
Then any j-fashion should be ok at such a meet. Some Lolita comms like to keep just Lolita and Ouji/Aristo dress code but they usually (and should) say so to keep it clear.
>>
>>9092122
Qi Lolita capelet by Atelier Creme Brûlée, (it has pretty swallowtail hem detailing), a round hat shaped bag/purse from funnyfairy, and a square front ruffle apron from Gomi Hayakawa (feast)
>>
>>9093984
Yeah, about the ikea hoops, I've seen a couple of people's examples in use and I was not very impressed. I think the f+f cage hoops with a light petti over are the best I've seen outside of skilled handmade ones by a re-enactor who knew what they were doing. The ikea ones are just the wrong shape/proportion/scale. They are from a child's costume set.
>>
>>9093769
This. I don't know who started the whole 'otome is different fashion to lolita' when almost a decade ago most ETC were borderline lolita, not to mention Jane Marple and Milk back then were staple brands for main pieces in lolita coords.

Yes the fashion evolves and changes, but basically I agree with anon that these otome brands are Lolitas cousin. Most lolitas that start out less than 10 years ago seem to disregard the history and involvement of some otome brands in the lolita timeline.
>>
>>9093772
anon (original asker here) if you made a comparison I'd love to see it. All the LS wigs I bought 2012-2014 were amazing quality but I'm so hesitant @ their new ones that I don't even want to bother or rist trying new ones

>>9092091
I've found myself really wanting a couple of theirs. My only gripe (I guess) is that there aren't really good examples of all colorways. I even PMd the owner on Etsy and even though I forgive the language barrier we had, I never got a clear example of the colors I wanted to see (only the edited stock images already available). They have so many color options and most (especially Romlea) don't show all the colors- maybe 1-3 max. Sorry long comment but I will probably order from them next...they seem really easy to style into updo's.
>>
File: 8083597659_d0ee772422_o.jpg (295KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
8083597659_d0ee772422_o.jpg
295KB, 500x750px
>>9093721
Maybe try wearing a coord which would count as casual lolita and otome at the same time? Like some dresses can work as both, Chocolate Rosette for example. This way you're on the safe side.
>>
>>9094092
Well western girls who dress otome are always quick to correct people on it usually because butthurt to be described 'Casual Lolita with no petti'. Outside of that, I've never seen the term used in street snap descriptions in magazines or online when Japanese girls are describing their fashion, look, inspiration, booms etc.
>>
>>9092237
Not who you were replying to, but it's obviously well known among lolitas that she is shady and has been scamming people for months. What happened to the anon collecting people's stories about her and her service? Why can't she be actually dealt with at this point?
>>
>>9092117
I just got it, looks pretty neat. My moonspeak sucks though so it took a minute to navigate.
>>
Does anyone happen to know the max bust on this jsk? Should I be worried at 39"?
>>
File: HighWaistBabydollJSK-red.jpg (20KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
HighWaistBabydollJSK-red.jpg
20KB, 300x400px
>>9094173
Dropped pic like an idiot
>>
>>9093755
Wears otome to lolita meet.
Salty when lolitas (most of whom don't give 2shits about anything otome) think you are just some kind of ugly version of lolita.
Guess what? That's really what most otome looks like to many lolitas.
Now you know.
>>
>>9094175
I think you're good but jesus christ that will look horrible on a big bust
>>
>>9094173
Unless you have a C cup size or smaller and also plan to wear a very supportive bra that separates your breasts to prevent boob loaf, I would not buy this for 39" bust.
Look how high the underbust frill sits on the doll.
>>
>>9094196
Bummer. I'm not used to buying babydoll cuts or anything to accommodate a larger bust so I feel like a blundering idiot. Thanks for the heads up, I keep automatically assuming anything with a high waist will be ok.
>>
>>9094196
Are there any worn pics? I want to see what it looks like on someone with a small bust because it looks like it's meant to define the shape of the boobs.
>>
>>9093964
Trump is far better than Choke
>>
>>9094259
The lolibrary page doesn't have a model pic, and I couldn't find it worn in an image search. It is an older release but maybe someone has a saved snap somewhere.
>>
>>9093769
>Leur Getter/Jane Marple/ETC will be seen in the same place as AP/BTSSB.
But they're not. Often stores will be on different floors in shopping centers. CCH has a seperate floor. They're also not really in Kera/GLB, but in Cutie/Zipper/So-en
>>
>>9094029
>half the comm run to ikea
>half the comm are ita

mystery solved
>>
>>9094128
I remember they said they were going to start posting on Tumblr but never did.

>Why can't she be actually dealt with at this point?

Probably because she deletes evidence and most people don't screencap, and since she does her business on her own website and Facebook there's not really muc people can do. At least in the old days there could be call out posts on EGL.
>>
>>9094331
Well magical cheap hoop isn't going to solve ita but this made me giggle. Most of the cheap-hoop chans don't know to wear a light petti over to conceal the hoop bars. But from what I saw, shape was wrong overall even after adjusting so no use telling further.
>>
>>9092603
Steve Madden has similar heels called Veruca.
>>
>>9092634
I wish they'd shown the whole dress with the darker/black (? or is that navy?) colorway because, hot damn do I love this.
>>
>>9094643
>darker/black (? or is that navy?)
God am I an idiot, I just now saw the word "black" next to that photo. How the hell did I miss that?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1467530588964.jpg (76KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1467530588964.jpg
76KB, 640x960px
Trying to find a jacket similar style to pick related, but haven't had much luck. Does anyone know any sauces?
>>
File: 18f7l0[1].jpg (60KB, 492x640px) Image search: [Google]
18f7l0[1].jpg
60KB, 492x640px
This thread. Can the troll trying to confuse cgl newbies into thinking otome = lolita please stop? They are actually going to spend money buying otome dresses not realising most of these won't even fit a proper petti, and then turn up to meets being all confused over their flat overstuffed skirt and the rest of us have to deal with them and set them straight.

For everyone else, pic is a reminder that otome don't just make pretty dresses with nice prints. This is a brand shoot straight from ETC, the entire coord is straight up otome, and it looks nothing like lolita.

A lot of the otome brands now make pretty printed dresses because it sells well, not because it's their main aesthetic. A key difference is that lolita strives to look refined and polished when they can, hence the really anal lolitas who bitch about colours clashing and all the emphasis on details. Otome's main goal is to look cute and girly, hence the emphasis on playful colours over being matchy-matchy, and why their dresses tend to be simple. So much of the core goals are completely different, if you conflate the two together, you're pretty much making it difficult for yourself to get a good eye for either fashion because you're looking at two seperate fashions with two distinctly different goals.

As for "soft lolita". This is in fact a term that Misako coined, it's in her book that came out this or last year. Your cgl senpais already bitched about it to death saying she invented a fashion that already exists, maybe you weren't here for that. Though in actual fact what she actually said was she noticed a trend of people dressing down lolita and crossing it with otome, and she calls the trend soft lolita. This is a new term that you can specifically trace to Misako, it's not part of lolita or otome's origin story.
>>
File: haen USK_20BK_2000_400w.jpg (73KB, 400x560px) Image search: [Google]
haen USK_20BK_2000_400w.jpg
73KB, 400x560px
I bought this underskirt from Haenuli, but when I received it, it was sewn inside out. The tulle that is supposed to show and be gathered on the outside was sewn to the side of the skirt with the serged seams exposed, and the inside tag was sewn on the side that doesn't show the serged seams. I want to ask for a partial refund but unsure of how much is appropriate.
It cost $35 USD, how much would be a realistic amount to ask for?
>>
>>9094754
That's amazing anon
>Just sell it to a newb and dont tell em'
>>
>>9094754
jfc I was thinking of buying from Haneuli but that's quite a fuck up
>>
>>9094754

Id ask for a partial refund or for them to send you a new one?
Isnt it not a big deal though since it would be hidden by the dress? But still sucks because the product was faulty, so you still deserve compensation
>>
>>9094754
Get an estimate for how much it would cost to get it fixed at an alterations shop, ask that amount or a refund or re-do.
>>
>>9094754
Ask for a replacement and get them to pay shipping for the return. I received the wrong dress from Haenuli and they paid for the return shipping ( and the shipping of the new dress to me) as the admitted they had made the error.
>>
>>9094710
Seconded - why is it so hard to find nice lolita short jackets/blazers?
>>
>>9094713

I get what you mean but there will always be idiots trying to fit the wrong petticoat under their dress, otome or not. Some classic dresses can't fit much petti under them either.
>>
>>9094859
>>9094863
>>9094879
Thank you for the advice anons. I'll see if I can get a 50% refund, or something close to it.
>>
>>9092739
If a girl has the same dress as me, we twin just by wearing it the same day. I've never coordinated other parts of my outfit with someone else. I think to coordinate two whole outfits, the other girl would have to be a best friend with the cash to do it.
>>
>>9094710
It's looks like Atelier Boz's style but I didn't find this particular jacket on Lolibrary.
>>
>>9094710
Black Peace Now
>>
>>9094917
>>9094920
>>9094710
thanks anons
>>
File: 473158780.1.jpg (13KB, 220x308px) Image search: [Google]
473158780.1.jpg
13KB, 220x308px
>>9093721
I wouldn't wear otome kei to a lolita meet-up. But I wear Emily Temple Cute and Jane Marple to meets really often. It all depends on your comm and how you coord it. Some people are a bit too obsessed with putting things in the 'otome kei' box just because of the brand name. I wore pic related to a picnic meet last year and looked way more lolita than some of the girls wearing AP.

All of my ETC dresses fit poofy petticoats and most of them actually look bad without a petti. Some of my JM dresses have a small built-in petti and I usually wear another one for extra poof. I don't know about LG because I don't have any of their dresses.
>>
>>9094713
But this would be called emikyu kei or girly style by a Japanese lolita. When wearing an ETC dress coorded in a lolita way they would just call it lolita. This has been discussed to death but no one can ever come up with a source that proofs that otome kei is actually a seperate style in Japan. At the same time there are Japanese lolita's calling their ETC and JM coords lolita all the time, see where my confusion comes from? Do you really think Misako wouldn't know otome kei exists so she makes up a new term for it?
>>
What's everyone's thoughts on harlequinade? Thinking of buying a set
>>
My god I am over seeing CM and blue haired A post all over LU, RC, RCU with their special "back in the old lolita days hurrdurr" and having to have an opinion on EVERYTHING. We get it. You think you are queen bees.
>>
Just saw some lolitas on the street in Korea. I complimented their coords and got the biggest stinkeye from one of them jfc. Maybe I garbled my Korean?

have you guys ever seen or met lolitas while abroad? i know people usually post to the comm of the country they're visiting to get to know people, but what about just random run ins on the street?
>>
>>9092634
i only wish that print wasn't so on the hemline and raised a little bit
>>
File: URSHIT.jpg (84KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
URSHIT.jpg
84KB, 500x364px
>>9092750
it's a new one from a taobao brand GLAD
>>
So I've ordered an item from one of the most famous US handmaiders, whose price tag starts at 50$. It's been over a month and the parcel didn't even reach my customs, no info updates from the day it was sent either. That made me think that the parcel got stuck somewhere within the US, so I've contacted the seller to find out if such a situation was normal (as I never quite ordered from the US before) - got no answer in a couple of days. Today I tried to initiate a search through my local PO, but they said that as the parcel never reached my country only the seller can do that. And the seller doesn't reply. What should I do at this point? I'd email the seller again but I don't want to be intrusive or rude.
>>
>>9095106
Go ahead and mail the seller again, this past weekend was a busy 3-day holiday weekend here (4th of July) and they may not be caught up yet. Note in the subject line that this is second attempt to contact regarding postal information and put your order number if you have it. That is the best way I can think to get their prompt attention. Good luck!
>>
>>9094971
Well since Japanese fashion groups like lolitas that have meet ups much outside of either their own friend groups or brand teas/events and don't really have 'comm meet ups' (with or without dress codes) wouldn't it be more like 'no one cares' there unless it was a group of Lolita friends going to a brand tea (in which case they would all be in brand). The Kawaii international edition that talked about 'sweet girly style' got all the way through it without defining Larme-kei by name, even with the magazine editor right in the segment so I think it's different there and they define by aesthetic goals so by how it is styled? If that makes any sense? But here, girls are trying to categorize it more?
I like j-fashion groups (and sometimes go to meets in one and pretend CPK and Dolly-kei aren't dead!) but I like having just my lolita group with a lolita/ouji/aristo dress code too. Otome style is too casual for that, I think.
>>
>>9095126
>I like having just my lolita group with a lolita/ouji/aristo dress code too. Otome style is too casual for that, I think.
What if someone dresses in casual lolita to a meet-up? Asking because I've had drama in my comm when I wore casual lolita to a couple of meets and people started gossiping about it.
>>
>>9094971

First. Just because you cannot find proof that otome kei exists, does not move it under the lolita umbrella. Axes Femme in particular has no specific substyle associated with it, that does not make Axes Femme a lolita brand either.

Second. You've forgotten loliables. We have an infamous H&M dress that girls wore as lolita. This does not make H&M a lolita brand. A Japanese girl wearing a Jane Marple item in an outfit and calling it lolita does not make the whole of Jane Marple (or ETC or whatever) lolita either.

Third. You're missing why Misako had to go invent a new term. She knows exactly what lolita and otome are. Do you think it makes sense for her to create a book to tell Japanese lolitas (who are her main audience) about this new trend of wearing lolita and calling it lolita? No, the reason she coined a new term is because two actually seperate fashions with two different history and two different aesthetic goals have somehow merged together to create a fashion that looks like lolita, but is more playful and casual, yet also looks like otome, but is more dressy and poofy. It's precisely because the two styles are crossing over and becoming a trend that she coined a new term for this crossover point.

Fourth. You're pretty much ignoring the other anon who pointed out that lolita brands are always on a seperate floor, seperate magazine, from the otome brands.

If you really want to dig, go search egl. Do you think you're the first western lolita who saw pretty printed dresses and assumed these were lolita brands? An actual lolita called up one of the otome brands and was told in no uncertain terms, they were not a lolita brand. Whatever else they were, the shop girls were very clear, their brand was not lolita. That is why egl excludes otome brands. The topic has come up, actual girls have contacted otome brand shops and been told "we're not a lolita brand".
>>
>>9095144
Any lolita coord should be fine if the dress code is just 'lolita', but it's a good idea to judge how casual will be ok. When I make a meet, I always try for a theme or say 'dressy' because I don't really like casual lolita but also don't think it's fair to expect people to just know to dress less casual.
>>
File: 120610070059-samp5.png (518KB, 501x584px) Image search: [Google]
120610070059-samp5.png
518KB, 501x584px
This just arrived today. If anyone wants detail pics or a review, let me know!
>>
>>9094892

Keeping the two fashions seperate is so much more than just the petti though. Not like you don't already have enough clueless newbies littering the ita and nitpick threads nitpicking about silly things like sweet shoes in gothic coords, next you'll have them nitpicking otome coords and saying the Jane Marple skirt isn't full enough or the colours are too bright or whatever.

The otome brands are riding the soft lolita trend hardcore now, because Misako is pushing it pretty hard as well, but when you get a newbie combining misinformation that ETC is lolita with info on how to buy secondhand, she's actually going to end up with an older dress that is all sorts of wrong for lolita. Nevermind the petti, the older dresses come in all forms, including narrow rectangular muumuus, pencil skirts, and many, many different shorts and pants. How are you going to explain exactly how her ETC chocolate rectangle muumuu is/isn't "lolita", or do you want to make up a rule that if a muumuu is a chocolate print then it's "lolita", or if a muumuu looks cute on a small Asian girl then it's "lolita"?

I get where you're coming from with the petticoat thing, but I'm not going to pretend that otome brands are lolita just because noobs are expected to mess up their petticoats or whatever. It's just not a good enough reason to be stuck explaining why ETC knit shorts or Jane Marple's long skirts from 2006 are/aren't lolita, when the true, correct, and perfectly simple answer is that these brands aren't lolita, and shouldn't be expected to make lolita things.
>>
>>9095191
Why are you arguing this when I never said they are lolita brands. I know they are not. I'm saying you can coord a lot of their stuff as lolita. I think it's silly when people on cgl and tumblr post "otome kei coords" that were obviously coorded in a lolita way, just because the brand is JM or ETC.

I know the story that someone called JM to ask but I never saw the post. I also know the story that old brands such as JM didn't want to be associated with the word lolita because of a serial killer. Just because they are not lolita brands don't make them otome kei brands either. And they don't actually have such a seperate history, Milk is pretty much considered as the "parent" of lolita brands.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-09-12-46-23-1.png (252KB, 1440x890px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-09-12-46-23-1.png
252KB, 1440x890px
This was posted on the San Japan group after the head made a note that the tea party will require an IW piece. She then goes on to complaining that buying a $20 piece of IW jewelry on top of a Sunday badge and tea party ticket is too much.
>>
>>9095203
I'd love to see some pics anon! I was a bit half-and-half on this dress.
>>
>>9095249
I find that a bit odd since I see brand teaparties as events for fans. Why would you even want to go to an Innocent World event if you don't find the brand interesting enough to own anything from it? You can see other lolitas elsewhere, can't you?
>>
secrets
>>
>>9095254
Newfag detected. You do know most of the time brand teaparties require a piece from their brand? The rule at San Japan is super lax compared to other brand tea parties. SJ just wants them to wear something IW, main piece, acccessory, or socks. Sometimes, other brand tea parties require a main piece or a whole outfit from their brand. It's nothing new. This isn't even about the girl not liking IW either. She planned on going but backed out because a IW piece was required. >>9095254
Man it really is summer here.
>>
File: 20160709_140047-1.jpg (4MB, 3266x1531px) Image search: [Google]
20160709_140047-1.jpg
4MB, 3266x1531px
>>9095251
Here's a closeup of the print, all pics taken in natural light
>>
File: 20160709_140510.jpg (1MB, 1870x954px) Image search: [Google]
20160709_140510.jpg
1MB, 1870x954px
>>9095266
I love the mason jars, they remind me of the old style candy store that used to be in my hometown
>>
File: 20160709_140005-1.jpg (3MB, 2236x2236px) Image search: [Google]
20160709_140005-1.jpg
3MB, 2236x2236px
>>9095269
The lace has an M embroidered on it which is a nice touch
>>
>>9095249
Why the hell would she think a brand tea party wouldn't require you to show up in at least one thing the brand has put out? If you can afford the ticket to both the con and the tea party, you can afford a $20 pair of socks or something. Hell go on LM and search for the cheapest pair of IW socks you find.
>>
File: 20160709_135830-1.jpg (4MB, 2767x1807px) Image search: [Google]
20160709_135830-1.jpg
4MB, 2767x1807px
>>9095272
The bow at the top and bottom are removable to help secure the button-up section to the dress but the little red ones aren't.
>>
>>9095261
Reading comprehension, anon. The anon you were replying to was saying the same thing you were.
>>
>>9095261
The post your replying to is saying it's odd for her to want to go when she does not own any of that brand (not that the rule is odd).
>>
File: 20160709_141546-1.jpg (3MB, 2522x1982px) Image search: [Google]
20160709_141546-1.jpg
3MB, 2522x1982px
>>9095276
Here it is with that front ruffle thing removed. It's like a jabot but just for the chest? Idk.
>>
>>9095246

>tfw still can't get the hang of otome despite lurking otome threads for over a year
>tfw probably a retard in regular fashion too

I'm stuck in a matchy matchy rut and I'm sorry if that irks you. I can't get out of it.
>>
>>9095280
If you want pics of anything specific let me know. I'm 5'4" and it hits me right at the knee. Even with two petticoats I feel like I could use more poof, the skirt is very full. I'm quite busty so I wish the bodice hit a little more at the waist but I still like it. I'd say the waist might go up to 100cm but that's pushing it. The bust is at least 110 but could go higher. I really like that there's a front section shirred because it makes it really comfy. The fabric is also really light so it's a great summer dress.
>>
>>9095291
Thank you for all your pics anon. It's on sale right now and I'm seriously eyeballing it.
>>
>>9094881
i just want a winter coat that ends at my fuckign waist. the full length ones are ugly as sin, and the ones that and at the hips ruin the shape of the dress. does anyone know any taobao stores or something that make shorter winter coats?
>>
>>9094960
It's as simple as, some lolita brands make non-lolita items, and some non-lolita brands make lolita appropriate items! Idk why that's so hard for people to get
>>
>>9095281
I mean when people repost on tumblr or post coords in otome kei threads that were not meant as otome kei by the person who coorded it.
>>
>>9095298
No problem! Yeah I saw it was on sale too so I ordered it. The shipping was really fast.
>>
File: bnr.jpg (186KB, 765x142px) Image search: [Google]
bnr.jpg
186KB, 765x142px
Waiting is finally over, British Bear will be shipped on 11th!
>>
>>9095249
IW is quite possibly the EASIEST brand to find dirt cheap secondhand if you aren't too picky. Plenty of their JSKs have sold on LM for like $50-$75

The attitude she has is disrespectful to the brand tbqh and she needs to not go if this is how she feels
>>
>>9095301
Because their fashion sens is on shaky ground to begin with so they decide to try to cover this up by being defensive and 'unique'.
But then they are not learning because lolita by the numbers has an easy formula.
>>
>>9095302

Ah, I see.

Still, otome kei eludes me. On one hand, I see beautifully playful coords and then on the other hand I see super casual stuff by Misako. I know it's a spectrum but sometimes when I wear my LG or JM, I feel like I'm straying too far into lolita territory especially with their newer pieces.
>>
>>9095249
Did she really think that a convention would fly a guest all the way from Japan, have programming relevant to that guest, and then not cater that programming around them? There's a huge difference between the the tea parties her and her little friends put together and the tea parties planned by conventions; if there is a guest of honor, you better be damn sure you show that guest respect. And no, "showing respect" doesn't translate to "being on your best behavior when they're around", it translates to showing that you respect them and their business enough to give them your money. Talk is cheap, fujiwara-san won't give a fuck if you go up to her and say you love her brand when you're dressed head to toe in AP (or, in this girl's case, a wrinkled replica and Claire's jewelry.)
>>
>>9095291
Thanks so much for the review Anon! If possible could you post a picture of the chest area when worn? I'm pretty busty (About 100cm) and I'm curious about how the shirring looks when worn.
By the way, if anyone is interested in the green colourway I already have the headbows because I'm planning on making my own accessories so I needed them fast (And I had a hunch the dress will go on sale.) so I can show what the green actually looks like. It's a nice dark blue toned green, I haven't really seen it in lolita stuff before.
>>
What do people think about get accessories like OTKs in the same series but different colourways? Ik some brands have things against buying stuff like this
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 750x1334px
Why do people drape random fabric on their heads why is this a thing
>>
>>9095509
She's super cute but there is way too much shit going on here.
>>
>>9095509

Holy shit trend galore batman.
>>
So any reviews on the new AP store in Paris yet?
>>
File: horrible.jpg (3KB, 139x150px) Image search: [Google]
horrible.jpg
3KB, 139x150px
>>9095509
God I am getting so sick of this tacky Disney princess bullshit. It's not even hime...more like something a child beauty pageant winner imagines she'll wear on her wedding day.

2009 pastel vomit age-play sweet was more tolerable than this.
>>
>>9095509
Her face shape is odd
>>
>>9095249
Isn't San Antonio the fattest city in America? Would they even fit into IW?
>>
>>9095549
That can't be possible with the existence of the South
>>
File: FPrb5Ag.png (474KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FPrb5Ag.png
474KB, 600x600px
>>9095256

I'm so weirdly proud of my secret this week. Is it okay to post since its just a joke one, doesnt reference any particular drama?

I really enjoy making the more joke/pun type sercrets for btb. Anyone else feel this way?
>>
>>9095246
MILK is the parent of "kawaii" fashion. ST (ETC) & JM designers came from MILK. MILK was worn by idols, actresses, and rich girls.
Baby's Isobe came from Atsuki Onishii (which is also similar in design to Pink House). In an interview he even calls AO the pioneer of Lolita fashion.
>>
>>9095602
Me too, anon, I've made just a few but joke secrets are fun!
>>
>>9095549
No I don't think so, but we are pretty far up there. That being said I have an iw dress that fits my 104 cm bust
>>
>>9095509
Those stupid chopstick halos need to go away and never come back. How did that even start? Did Japan do it first or is it a tumblr original? I don't even remember, just they were everywhere all of a sudden.
>>
>>9095641

>did Japan do it first or tumblr

Gaultier did it first in 2007, everyone just bastardized it
>>
>>9095644

This is the first halo I've seen that actually looks divine.
>>
>>9095144
How casual is 'casual'? If it was not burando and was very casual, sometimes people will eye-roll that. Or if there are loliables and/or normal shoes or a non-burando cutsew in a casual lolita coord.
>>
>>9095509
Literally nothing on her head was necessary. Would be a really cute coord of this if she had a very toned down headpiece and got rid of that weird sash thing.
>>
>>9095249
>not being honored Fujiwara-san is gracing your con with her presence
>not wanting to buy some beautiful IW items, easily available secondhand
I don't know what to say.
>>
File: B39SH886-g-480x480.jpg (79KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
B39SH886-g-480x480.jpg
79KB, 480x480px
I'm thinking of getting this pair of BABY shoes, but I don't know if I wanna pay 3 times the price of the Bodyline replicas (s507). I already read the BABY shoe horror story on egl years ago, but does anyone know if their shoes are no longer shitty?
>>
I wonder what AatP halloween print will be this year, since last years was a vampire theme. Perhaps VR will get re-released again?
>>
>>9094020
Thanks a lot, anon! <3
>>
Pretty obvious galaxy chan wrote the secret about herself? She was going on in Ruffle Chat or RCU about how she wears her dresses more than once and posts similar coords to CoF..
>>
>>9095671

I think its really hit or miss depending on the shoes. I've continued to hear stories of people have good or bad experiences. Maybe see if anyone has any reviews on these specific pair?

I personally will never get brand shoes for various reasons. Firstly my feet are too big. And shoes always get scuffed up that I find it hard to justify spending so much money on shoes when you're inevitably going to wreck them.
>>
>>9095249
This was posted in the SATX group, which is closed, and NOT the San Japan group. Either you're leading people astray on purpose or youre a dumb drama monger. I know what you're trying do and it's a waste of time.
>>
>>9095871
I've tried searching for previous reviews on them (they're called Antique Ribbon Shoes) and pretty much only reviews on the Taobao replicas come up (had the same problem looking for reviews of AP tea parties).

I have a pair of Taobao tea parties on the way, so I'm not a complete burando-whore, but since I fit into BABY shoes and they're my favorite brand, I'm willing to make poor financial decisions if the shoes aren't craptastic.
>>
>>9095463
For the record, she is not friends with anyone in the comm. Probably because of this attitude she has.
>>
>>9095463
I never understand this. If you are not a fan enough of the brand featured at the tea enough to already have have or at least be willing to buy and try a piece from them, why do you even want to go to their tea?
>>
>>9095907
I'm not even a big fan of IW and I own a pair of their OTKs because they were cheap as hell on LM.
>>
>>9095899
I don't have those specific shoes, but I've had good experiences with their shoes so far. I only own the honey cross shoes and cabriole booties though. I was waiting for that anon to make a thread about brand and off brand shoes, but they never did. I was also hoping other gulls would chime in.
>>
>>9095506
I usually get the ivory OTKs when I get a coloured jsk because I think it looks lest clustered.. I am not really a fan of pink bow, pink dress, pink socks, pink shoes so I'll get the ivory socks and an ivory headpiece or something to balance it out. Never heard of brands having issues with it?
>>
>>9095246

Half the problem is that you keep bringing up how you can't find any references to otome kei, as if deleting the existence of the otome kei tag will automatically mean all girls wearing JM, ETC, LG will now tag their dressy coords as lolita. This issue is seperate from why girls won't use the lolita tag. Especially on tumblr, where you can use multiple tags, girls can tag their outfits as both otome-kei AND lolita, casual lolita, soft lolita, lolita-inspired, egl, eglfashion, or whatever. Tumblr will index the first five tags, there's enough room in there to use otome, lolita, and then three other brandname tags.

Why they don't do so has nothing to do with whether or not otome kei exists. Maybe what looks like lolita to you doesn't look like lolita to them. Maybe they don't like lolita, only otome dresses. Maybe they don't want to talk to lolitas.

As for the existence of otome kei, I've said this before, but here it is again.

A fashion movement is made up of followers. And currently, you have enough Western girls who decided to make otome a fashion. It even has a pretty well-defined aesthetic and a Western brand by now. You could certainly go back and point out whatever you think didn't happen, but this group of girls already exists, the otome fashion is already pretty well-defined.

Let the girls have their otome fashion, their otome groups, otome tags, otome threads. Who are you to come in and demand this group of girls disband just so you can have your validation that your half-assed research was sound? What do you want the girls wearing non lolita otome brands to do, not use the otome tag so that you can feel satistified this tag doesn't exist?

So. Let the otome girls have their tumblr tags. Again, they CAN tag it with lolita tags in addition to otome kei. Why they don't do so is a whole seperate issue from whether or not otome kei exists, so stop mixing these two things together.
>>
>>9094986
Looks okay, might save up for the next print though. I wonder why nothing sold out?
>>
>>9095926
Omg go away with your long ass posts. Nobody cares anymore
>>
>>9095926
Your opinions are shit, your advice is shit, please go away.
>>
>>9095644
I'm really learning to love his designs, the more I see it, the more I want it.
>>
Whats that website that is like a wikipedia/wikia that lists ingredients in cosmetics that tells whether they are good or bad?
>>
>>9095914
Made the thread. >>9095936
>>
>>9095929
>>9095932

I HAVE gone away. anti-otome-kei-chan first started up several months ago and I only made short posts back then.

Let me make my long ass posts. I've been telling her not to in short bursts as it is, at least if I give a nice long rant everytime she tries to pull the "otome kei shouldn't exist" card maybe it can be her turn to stfu and go away.
>>
>>9095937
cosdna
>>
>>9095941
>cosdna
Thank you so much anon !
>>
>>9095939
You don't know what trolling is, do you?
>>
>>9095952
>dismissive shut down posts
>trolling
You don't know what trolling is either, apparently. But you know what all of this is? Shitposting.
>>
>>9095952

She's just a tad too serious to be a troll. I think she genuinely can't figure out that people aren't going to be reblogging her and celebrating her genius sleuthing abilities because she's basically told a large group of girls their hobby doesn't exist, and now she's telling them their coords need to be tagged as another fashion entirely, one they might not even like.
>>
>>9095249
>tfw an ungrateful shitstain has the privilege of being in the divine Fujiwara-san's presence but is too cheap to pay tribute to the goddess while you, a loyal subject and eternal devotee, are stranded thousands of miles away and would sacrifice the most succulent of virgin blood to breathe the same air as your queen and savior

i want to smother her with my petticoats
>>
>>9095972
They're dumb and are assuming its HWC or something.
>>
Quick question about From Japan since there wasn't a more appropriate thread-

I have "3 days left to add shipping instruction" and just ordered several items tonight. Can I add the shipping instruction before all the items have arrived? Will I still be charged the extra fee if the items take say 5 days to arrive, even if the shipping instructions are set?
>>
>>9092219
Seconding this, their 16" model is perfect for AP miniskirts
>>
File: werenotworthy.jpg (519KB, 2001x1233px) Image search: [Google]
werenotworthy.jpg
519KB, 2001x1233px
>>9096048
10/10 would cap again.
>>
>>9095505
Would you mind taking a picture of your headbows, anon? I´m also thinking about getting this dress in green, but I´m not sure how accurate are the stock photos, when it comes to colour.
>>
>>9095972
Trolling is a art, anon. You get the most inflated responses for the least amount of effort, and you're set for up for many many more jokes at the responder's expense. Fabulous how much butthurt there is over someone's retarded over inflated ego.
Let the salt flow.
>>
>>9096109
She just needs to be told takeyourbrokeasshome.jpg
That reply tho, :^)
Hope she sees it.
>>
>>9096092
You can add shipping instructions to items before they have arrived. FJ just won't invoice you until everything has arrived, and there won't be an extra fee.
>>
File: GLAMOUROUS.gif (499KB, 500x249px) Image search: [Google]
GLAMOUROUS.gif
499KB, 500x249px
>>9096109
>>9096115
>>
>>9096146
Game, set and match. This phrase could solve so many problems here, it's a gif(t)!
>>
>>9095671
Anon, BtSSB and basically all sweet brands are just a bit better than taobao quality. Some taobao is really good, some are awful. The particular horror story you're referring to were these poorly made strawberry shoes that I never see anymore. Baby also shipped out faulty merchandise at the time overseas.

Shoes with safe designs like this should always be fine from brands.
>>
>>9096146
>endless mouth move loop of '-roke ass ho-'
irritating.
>>
>>9095246
Speaking of all this, what are some terms to search for with otome brands on auction sites? I've heard ETC is usually Emikyuu and I am having problems finding Milk items. Are there other any other terms for the brand Milk?
>>
>>9096092
Be very careful with this.
If they don't arrive on time and the 30 days is up for the rest of it they will automatically ship and send everything that has already arrived and is instructed, taking out what has not arrived. Even if they don't send it in that time, they have taken the non arrived stuff out of the instruction and you will need to pay the 2000 yen edit fee to add it again. It happened to me when I first used them.
>>
>>9096165
So make a better one. We can use this in a lot of situations here, it applies as the best reply to many of the 'problems' posted.
>>
>>9096146
Lol, I see 'broke-ass Ho', also ok, honestly.
>>
>>9095939
Yet you're still here? How retarded are you lol
You are just stating your point over and over and literally no one cares
>>
>>9095602
I thought it was funny!
Joke secrets that do not target anyone but are just funny or that poke fun at something in general within the fashion are really fun to read. The rest, the mean ones about specific people that aren't just a confession are always just disappointing, as are their comments. Btb needs more humor and less bitter salt.
>>
File: 1437848567417.jpg (59KB, 500x407px) Image search: [Google]
1437848567417.jpg
59KB, 500x407px
>>9096203
This one sums it up for me. Use what you want tho.
>>
Anons, in general if a brand is attending a Lolita event or con do guests/non VIP get to interact witht them at the tea party? I've only been to an event with Akira where she came to our table to make small talks for a few minutes but..

The very last minute bought tickets to urban fairytale because I'm studying In Berlin for the summer. I only brought three dresses. My more OT/Better cords are AP and INnocent world. I have a fairly old baby lucky pack dress that rarely sells for ever 80€ with minor staining. If we get to get close to them/take photos I rather not be wearing another brand. The AP dress isn't a print but looks really similar to a baby dress.
>wat do, dress like poorfag in semi stained baby in basic coord or look good in competitive brand in front of baby designers. Dresscode is just Lolita
>>
>>9096230
Do a better coordinate with the AP main piece and Baby items, bag/ shoes/ accessories.
>>
>>9096230
>mfw I'm also gonna be in Berlin this summer, visiting
>mfw I didn't expect any lolita stuff happening while I was traveling
>mfw no lolita shit at all
>mfw I have no face

f-fuck
>>
What kind of fabric is this trim? I'm wanting to get this kind of fabric, but I'm not 100% sure what's it's actually called. Is it dot tulle, or something else?
When I search for dot tulle it's pulling up things that don't look like this and have big dots, and look stiffer like tulle when this trim in the image is soft.
>>
>>9096253
it is dot tulle. Not sure what combination of words you need to find the smaller dots, but it is what it is.
>>
>>9096253
Pindot tulle, dotted Swiss, Swiss dot net or tulle, some combination of these with 'small stripe', 'shadow stripe' or 'fine stripe' should find it.
>>
>>9096234
I only bought bare minimum with me. I had only intended to attend one or two small meet ups. And all my basic accessories that match these dresses are AP or IW. (Just wrist offs, headbow and shoes). The baby jsk was in case it was a messy meet up.

>>9096241
I always over pack Lolita and never wear it on trips. The one time I thought I was over prepared.
>>
>>9096253
I thought IW released some bed sheets from this thumbnail. I'm so upset now.
>>
can someone pls explain the recurring secrets this week ? midwest pls ?
>>
>>9096170
ミルク
>>
Does anyone remember that chubby lolita with the thick legs, she always wears gothic and looks really nice. I believe she had dark coloured long hair.
>>
>>9096362
i'm sorry anon, nobody knows what your tumblr is.
>>
>>9096382
So you think I look nice? Thanks Anon-kun <3!!!
>>
>>9095671
Don't. I own them and the quality is pretty shitty desu. My Secret Shop and taobao shoes are much nicer (or if not at least worth the prics tag).
>>
Cat's Tea Party on gray showed on LSE this morning.
>>
>>9096492
The owner is a trainwreck and wants ~$2000 USD for it, just fyi
>>
>>9096497
That's what I had expected. Somewhere above $1,000.

The print is awful in many ways. Would buy a Prada bag than that craptastic print.
>>
>>9095893
Or someone mixed them up calm tf down, Morton-chan.

She's terrible, that's what we agree on here.
>>
>>9096293
It was about the 45 minute long video that two mods made about the chick with big eyebrows caught stealing from Lolita Collective at Naka. It was pretty cringy.
>>
File: image.jpg (268KB, 531x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
268KB, 531x800px
Does anyone have any pics of Baroque Rabbit Circus in black being worn, or have any tips for coording it? I have the blouse and shoes figured out but I'm at a blank for accessories and socks. I was thinking of maybe making a broach of one animal portraits on the dress, and making checkered and black bows for my hair, but that's all I can think of so far. I'd love to incorporate more colors from the dress.
>>
>>9096703
By the way the black version is black and ivory checkered instead of navy and brown
>>
>>9096255
>>9096266
Thank you!
>>
File: IMG-20160710-WA0000.jpg (37KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160710-WA0000.jpg
37KB, 500x375px
Moth scare. Freaking out here, found 2 moths in the room I keep my clothes. Does anyone know if moth larvae will go after that heavy cotton most older lolita stuff is made of if something else is available? Currently running all my normie jumpers through the washer after hoovering obsessively. All my lolita stuff is hung up (with those lavender moth hangers) but jumpers & cardigans were in drawers. Dunno...Maybe I am overreacting
>>
>>9096492
>>9096497
>>9096502
How the hell does it actually have a bid one it for that much!
>>
File: 20160710_155517.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160710_155517.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
I did a thing. Sorry if it's huge or rotated
>>
>>9096780
>Entomology anon here
There are only a few species of moth that specifically go after clothes, and even then most prefer wool. From your post it sounds like you just found two random moths. In which case, you likely have nothing to worry about.
>>
>>9096795

And here I am laughing that the person who bid doesn't meet any of the seller's requirements. (6months on LM with 10 feedback)
>>
>>9096807
Hey entomology anon! I have some wool things, what is the best effective deterrent that doesn't make clothes stink of mothballs? I need something reliable but man, that smell.
>>
File: may 27th.png (30KB, 518x168px) Image search: [Google]
may 27th.png
30KB, 518x168px
Is this girl serious? Please tell me this is a copy paste that she didn't realize. Who the hell would wait ten months for items?
This isn't a one off either, other items have this same thing.
>>
>>9096822
When was the listing made?
>>
>>9096807
It was the white shouldered ones. Thanks for confirming they prefer wool, hopefully they just went for the cashmere and left my lolita dresses alone. I didn't see any eggs but erring on the side of caution.
>>
>>9096824
I believe today (July 10th)
>>
What brands has announced this summers LPs so far? I've only seen Meta and IW earlier this summer, haven't seen much from other j-fashion brands either.
>>
>>9096820
>>9096807
Well, they're not attracted by the wool, or any clothing really, in the first place. They attracted by other food sources and light - as you can imagine clothing doesn't make for a particularly easy meal as it's so processed. Especially for adults, which don't usually have mouthparts able to eat solid foods. It's just the larvae that present a threat. So doing things like keeping any attractive food sources in airtight containers, keeping curtains closed at night or installing screens is probably your best bet.

Despite attracting moths to my house on purpose and not bothering to get rid of or deter them, I've never had a problem with them. I've never heard of anyone having a similar issue either. Again, they probably don't want to lay their eggs on your clothes because they're not a great source of food for them.
>>
>>9096852
I asked because I thrift and have seen quite a bit of moth-eaten woolens here, I used to live in a desert climate and did not encounter that but since I moved to a more humid seasonal climate I noticed it right away.
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 206x206px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 206x206px
>>9096497
And she's trying to sell Walmart shoes for $65.
>>
>>9096971
Kek, these went to clearance on walmart's online site for maybe $8 US?
Nope.
>>
>>9096971
Wow, they aren't even Mojo Moxie...which retail around that price. The Walmart knock offs are no where near as nice or comfortable. I hope a newbie isn't lured in and buys those.
>>
>>9096830
Could be a re-list
>>
I "left lolita" a few years ago and have tons of lolita/j fashion pieces I want to sell, where's the hip place to do that now? Do people still use storeenvy?
>>
>>9097006
Use lacemarket
>>
>>9096820
Ceder and chesnuts are both moth deterrents. So is diatanatious earth but I don't recommend it because it gets everywhere and makes it look like you have a cocaine problem.
>>
>>9097006
Different person, but what's a good place to sell non-lolita Jfash?
>>
>>9097006
>>9097034
Lacemarket is fine depending on the brand, ebay and depop are pretty good too
>>
>>9097013
Thanks for the tips!
>>
>>9097006
Try the B/S/T thread here too, people might be interested
>>
Is sock dreams sort of the place to get a good couple of lolita socks? I'm looking to build up that part of my wardrobe
>>
>>9097292
Proceed with caution. There really isn't much in their stock that is suitable.
>>
>>9097300
Do you know any other good sites? I'm kind of at a loss for where to buy socks and tights
>>
>>9097303
Lots of Lolita brands make them. Why not buy those?
>>
>>9097292
I like their striped thigh-highs/socks? and their ankle length socks with frills/lace - pretty standard choices for sweet lolita.

If you want tights you can also look into welovecolors for solid ones. Otherwise Taobao/EBay/Aliexpress might have better choices.
>>
>>9097318
People get a ton of shit for wearing striped tights/otk/socks in lolita. I don't think that is the best recommendation, really.
>>
>>9097318
We love colors has the ugliest fucking colors besides being solids. Are there any US sources of nice printed tights besides lacemarket?
>>
>>9097342
Lrn2google
Seriously though, at least try to think for yourself.
>>
File: 26445_600.jpg (44KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
26445_600.jpg
44KB, 600x450px
>>9097325
Sorry, forgot that diamond patterns are the hot new thing this year. Carry on.
>>
>>9097374
You know what I mean, high street stuff like Sock Dreams sells, not this, from brand, with motif, higher thickness, etc. very different.
Sure, wear anything you want but we've all seen those negative comments against generic striped socks.
>>
Anybody know what happened with Malco Modes anon? Are the bell shaped petticoats getting made?
>>
>>9097343
Are you retarded? This is not googleable unless you want disgusting ita/ normalfag shit. I'm asking for US offbrands that are loliable. The closest I've come is some floral ones from Dillard's, but they're pretty ita , and H&M
>>
>>9097438

You'll just have to look on every site and see what's loliable. For the dozens of shitty hipster and tumblr tier socks out there, there are at least one or two floral tights.

Regarding sockdreams. obsixi on tumblr has a few coordinates with sockdream socks which work very well. Try going for their fleur de lis or baroque like patterns. They also have a few dotted ones, if I recall correctly. Try to stay away from western striped socks - they rarely work.
>>
>>9097442

Also, forgot to say that tejajamilla socks on etsy is also really loliable. Other than that, I've had luck very rarely at kohl's (lol) and scored a few floral thigh highs from there.
>>
File: image.jpg (277KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
277KB, 500x750px
>>9097374
I own three pairs of the Sock Dreams brand striped socks and they would be awful for lolita. First of all the I can't even imagine the colors available looking good and the knit is too thick and not a very soft material. I got a painful imprint on my knees from them.
Some of the socks I think they resell might work with classic or otome.
>>
>>9097445
on mobile, excuse typos
>>
>>9097438
If you are too cheap to buy brand or seek what is available from indie lolita companies then yes, you will have to do all the search work. And still likely end up with crap because nice or unique normalfag leg wear that could be a good loliable is ~Surprise~ about the cost of brand.
>>
>>9097448

Maybe anon just needs a pair locally because she's pressed for time? I've done that before when I needed accessories on short notice. And yes, I was careless and left my accessories at home that weekend.
>>
Where can I find more socks like AP's? I mean the kind that are more like thigh highs than socks and not made of cotton, they always fit so much better
>>
>>9097398
They kind of stopped responding to my emails. The last exchange we had was right before Memorial Day weekend and then they went quiet. I gave them some extra time because of the holiday and then sent another email and didn't get a response. I actually just sent another this morning. Dunno if there's something wrong technologically or what...
>>
>>9096382
>not knowing who they mean
>>
>>9096362
The only fat gothic tumblr lolita that comes to mind is super morbidly obese, not just chubby so I don't know if she's who you mean. Does she wear mostly old school?
>>
>>9092610
They don't have a physical store, don't even bother....
>>
>>9093203
AatP's gathered chiffon used to be made of silk iirc
The problem with silk is that it's a bitch to take care of, I probably wouldn't buy anything made of silk simply because it'd be a pain in the ass.
Btw, I agree with you that it looks like shit.
>>
>>9097497
I think they mean the girl with dark hair who doesn't wear a wig and has dark glasses. Unless they mean the girl who goes by Divine Cross. Both are probably medically obese but the former girl has unfortunately chunky legs for her size.
>>
>>9096362
porcelainsong?
>>
>>9097470
>>9097497
>>9097517
>>9097542
Sorry for the confusion Anons, haha. I did mean Porcelainsong! Thanks for the help~
>>
>>9097448
Diff anon, but brand socks and tights are tiny as hell. There's no way I can jam my tree trunk legs into those. It's not always about the price, it's the fit too. Google is filled with normie trash and gaudy leggings, so some actual advice and discussion would be very helpful.

>inb4 "fatty chan!!!1"
>is 130 lbs with thick legs
>>
>>9097784
I have thick legs, but I'm 5'0" so I can jam my legs into IW OTKs. Thigh muffintop for days though.
>>
File: P12OP331-b.jpg (108KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
P12OP331-b.jpg
108KB, 480x640px
I got the Wendy OP from AATP (pic related) and I have no idea how to wash it. It's 100% polyester butcher (ポリエステルブッチャー) and doesn't feel super delicate like chiffon. The tag says dry-clean only, but literally every BABY/AATP tag says that and I've machine washed another 100% polyester AATP dress and cotton BABY dresses with no issue before. I can't find any info on taking care of polyester butcher in English (keeps bringing up polyester butcher coats). Any tips?
>>
>>9097784
>>9097850
I also have thick legs and as much as I google I can not find good socks for them!

The only OTK that I have that I fit are my AP Eternal Carnival OTKs, theyre polyester and are basically really just thigh highs so they stretch like tights and fit fine, but I can't find more like them that arent printed for the dress they came out for that wouldnt match anything else.
>>
On the topic of socks and shit, how do people feel about wearing tights AND socks? I hat showing skin but most of the socks I wear end up either just at the knee or covering it barely. Would it look awful to pair solid matching tights under the socks so that way everything is covered?
>>
>>9097886
I've done tights and socks during winter and I've seen other girls do it. I don't think it looks bad, as long as the tights kind of match (no pastel socks and black tights, for example). Go for it!
>>
>>9097504
No, it was only ever polyester.
>>
>>9097862
I've got this dress. Tossed it in the washer, cold water, detergent, hung to dry. Came out fine.
>>
Are any other lolitas having issues with their facebook lolita group being deleted? I just got informed by some lolita friends that the Texas, San Diego, and Southern California lolita groups have "magically disappeared" from facebook and the mods of those comms have no idea why.
>>
>>9099479
Maybe it's just facebook having issues with some servers?
I know it happens sometime with profiles.
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.