[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else think Cosplay Music Videos are some hyper cringy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

File: 1448785234760.jpg (45KB, 550x397px) Image search: [Google]
1448785234760.jpg
45KB, 550x397px
Does anyone else think Cosplay Music Videos are some hyper cringy bullshit? Its usually bad music as well, 60% of the time its really terrible EDM and half the cosplayers are girls cosplaying League of Legends.

Most CMV's are excuses for perverted second rate photographers trying to get girls to let him film them.

Who else feels this?
>>
>>9090853
This goes without saying

Name a single CMV where there's mostly dudes in it
>>
>>9090853
honestly the only CMV's that I'll watch are Sneaky Zebras
>>
File: 1464565601406.png (84KB, 540x397px) Image search: [Google]
1464565601406.png
84KB, 540x397px
CMVs where the camera moves more than the cosplayers are kinda dull

At least have them dance to a song or something
>>
>>9090853
I like CMV's. I think they're cute and fun. I honestly watch less for top tier cosplay and more just because I'm having post-con withdrawal and want to cheer myself up.

With anything of that nature, it's going to be based primarily on cute girls and people in huge armor. That's just how it goes. Most of the CMV's that I see that try to go against that end up being very low quality and poorly shot.
>>
>>9090853
The only CMVs I enjoy anymore are BeatdownBoogie because they at least try to film all types of cosplayers instead of just strictly boob armor.
>>
If you notice there are hardly any CMVs featuring black people in it
>>
>>9091399
Fuck off, tumblr.
>>
I know for a fact multiple CMV creators try to sneak in nudes
>>
>>9091399

Good
>>
>>9090863
Name a single con where the cosplayers aren't mainly girls...

>>9090899
This too.
>>
>>9091399
desu I don't think there's all that many black cosplayers in general.

At least from what I've seen.
>>
>>9091819
There isn't an overwhelming majority of girls to the point that most CMVs would only have 1 or 2 guys at best.

CMV creators are just virgins, usually asian dudes trying to get good with girls
>>
>>9090863
>implying people want to see dudes
photographers and videographers sure as hell don't want to use memory on them
>>
>>9091825
straight girls and gay men generally are attracted to men
>>
File: whataloser.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
whataloser.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>9090853
Agree 100%.

>>9091399
I am niggerese. Pls put your race card back up your ass and exit stage forward. Ive been asked to be in them but said no because every CMV ive seen is garbage. And idk what CMVs you watch but i always at least see black girls, not many guys though.

>>9091820
Probably because its hard to find things to cosplay. The only reason i cosplay as many things as i do is because of how light skinned i am.

>>9091848
>anime convention
>straight girls
I laughed.
These days cons are 60% underage Tumblr dykes and fujos dressing as male characters to attract other tumblr dykes and fujos.
>>
>>9091976
although Tumblr dykes and fujos are always nice people (to me at least) so thats a plus i suppose. Forgot to add that. Refreshing when compared to autistic mannerless neckbeards.
>>
Can we talk about mineral blue 's seizure inducing videos?
>>
>>9091820
>>9091399
Likely bait but. I can't get over this logic on here. As if black cosplayers just don't exist or are in such small number. Maybe depending on where you live but it's funny to me that people honestly believe this.

They avoid black cosplayers for the same reason that they avoid male cosplayers. The only time I do see any they're really qt and thin. Also, wearing bikinis or something because that's most of the girls in CMV's.
>>
My main issue with CMVs is that they're not even shot like MVs most of the time. Half the time the footage isn't even synced to the music.

Usually music videos are lively and loud or at least visually engaging. 90% of the time in CMVs the camera moves more than the cosplayers
>>
>>9091813
Mineralblu, I've seen him shove his camera practically into a girl's boob armor with his cellphone that he uses
>>
>>9092020
Its hard to grip a cellphone camera when your fingers are chubby as fuck
>>
>>9092033
>>9091399
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjxNmjxyXhk

here u go
>>
>>9092454
>Parody that actually pokes fun at the source material

FINALLY

Most of the time when I see CMVs labeled as "parody" they don't do anything different from a normal CMV. This thing is actually shot like a music video and is interesting.

I might not like the music but at least I'm not bored
>>
>>9090853
I film cosplay dance music videos (Love Live/Idolmaster things) because I am a love live nerd.
>>
>>9092454
This looks like it was so much fun to film, somehow. Also, they're are actually good at performing unlike the cosplayers in most other CMVs.
>>
>>9097005
It's because they chose cosplayers with the intention of having a performance. It also helps that the video had a sense of direction.

Most of the time CMVs are just people with steady cams going up to random people an asking if they want to be in a video
>>
>>9092454
I love this. 10/10
>>
>>9097273
>Most of the time CMVs are just people with steady cams going up to random people an asking if they want to be in a video

Ugh. Yes.
It's even worse when they have no real direction for their video, therefore they say things like "Oh just do what your character does" "Just look here at the camera" and it looks so awkward.
>>
>>9097336
https://youtu.be/ENUxnfp5VvY?t=1m55s

So, how do you feel about scenes like this
>>
>>9090853
I like cosplay music videos for the most part to see what the con was like and the cosplays there, but they've been going down hill.

My main issue with them is lately I've seen more and more cosplay music videos centered around memes.....
>>
>>9097394
I'm not saying every single one is awkward, but many of them are. Everyone is so eager to make videos that they don't care how uncomfortable cosplayers can look in them. I don't want to see someone blankly staring at a camera in slow motion for 5 seconds. Have some direction and make them interesting.
>>
>>9090853
yes

one of my friends made one years ago and won't shut up about how it "CHANGED THE FANDOM" and is still trying to milk it for pity notes on tumblr its so embarrassing
>>
>>9091399
>>9091544
>>9090899
>>9092033

>I hate that CMVs have just girls in bikinis or boob armor!

>So what if there aren't any Black people in CMVs?

The current cosplay community. Faggots, all.

>>9091976
Special shout out to this ultra-faggot for actually using the word "niggerese". You should have been swallowed. Your mom is guilty of crimes against humanity.
>>
Anyone got any recs for specific CMVs? There's got to be some that aren't total dog shit out there.
>>
>>9092454
This is nice! I enjoyed watching this even though I'm a bit nitpicky about turning sweet girly characters into something 'UNDERGROUND' and 'HARDCORE'

I also like this a lot even though it's really simple (and old but who cares)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd642OeUowA
>>
>>9097400
I can't stand the ones like that either. It's like everyone thinks that's all it takes to make a CMV. It's always really awkward when you can tell that the cosplayer has no idea what to do.
>>
>>9097400
Well it was moreso that I think the video liked above plays into your argument as the cosplayer, action and acting is poorly directed. The video tries to use slow-mo and volume of action to cover up how flat everything is presented
>>
>>9097575
I'm a fan of this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abBHVvsujUU

while you do have some slow mo pans you still get a good amount of movement, interaction and action synched with the music.

Above all else the video matches the tone of the song. You get a high energy song so the shots are very quick and fun
>>
>>9097575
Not really a CMV but /cgl/ seems to like this a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebn8NTBY1UE

Audio and video quality are inferior to many of the examples posted but its made up for in editing, directing and staging
>>
>>9097813
THAT SILICA IS HELLA ADORABLE OHHHH MY LORD
>>
I had the displeasure of being apart of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui7wQbJyVBk
>>
>>9097874
>live version of song with poor audio quality
>doesn't even go with the video
>awkward camera panning
>blank faced cosplayers
>random slow mo

This just hits all the wrong points
>>
Looking for a con video that used Avril Lavigne's "Here's To Never Growing Up", can't remember who made it but it was pretty good.

Here's a neat one for anon who wanted specific recs, though I'm not sure I'd consider it a CMV.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5odRM4y_Dtw
>>
>>9097896
This is so nice and entertaining. It's more of a convention music video t b h, but I didn't dislike it. It had a nice balance of beautiful shots and conventions goofiness. Loved it
>>
File: mie rose.jpg (89KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
mie rose.jpg
89KB, 640x960px
>>9097923
>>9097896
Also @0:39 Mie Rose is love, Mie Rose is life
>>
>>9097923
TBF I think their video a year prior was even better, but yeah. It really captures the feeling of the con very well, and has probably been really useful for marketing for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd9a-LbHipM
>>
>>9091976
WHAT THE FUCK WHAT KIND OF HUMAN BEAN HAS WHITE EYELASHES?
>>
>>9097896
>A CMV that uses the song effectively and is not afraid to put less than average cosplayers/normal people

HOLY COW, instantly this shoots to the top
>>
I've noticed that the bigger, more obnoxious my cosplay is the more CMVs I get asked to be in. It could be a shit quality cosplay, too, but they still ask. I don't understand the phenomenon.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMm-rOeP2W0
Top tier (for something like this. Really, over 1 million views)
vs.
Cringey tier (what is this)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc6M_iqD3eg
>>
>>9097896
Oh wow, this one's actually solid!
>>
>>9098150
They're both shit
>>
>>9097968
It's an anime, silly
>>
I wish there was a bigger distinction between fun and serious CMVs. I love CMVs with pop tunes and the same side slow diagonal pan with people goofing off-it makes con withdrawal a lot better and fun to watch when I need some cheering up. At the same time though, there are lots of really impressive costumes with moving parts and I'm sure cosplayers who worked on those costumes would like to be in more serious CMVs.
>>
>>9098770
What do you mean by serious CMV

As in a CMV that is short moreso to convey a story outside the con as opposed to being a convention montage?
>>
>>9097896
These are the ones I love the most honestly. Just people having fun and being goofy. Just reminds me of why I love cons so much
>>
CMV's that are shot at cons are usually boring as hell, I hate the whole "slowly pan around the completely still cosplayer" thing.
But I like CMV's that are like AMV's but with cosplayers. There have been CMV contests in cons lately and they've always been really entertaining, I hope people keep making them. I've seen some really impressive ones already.
>>
In all honesty you really shouldn't expect much from CMV's shot at cons. Making music videos takes time, planning, multiple takes and at least a small crew to pull off. Also some have been mentioning how it's boring when the camera moves and the cosplayer stands still. The same can be said for the opposite. The cosplayer could be moving but it can still be a boring shot. You need shots where the character moves, shots when the camera moves, and shots where both are happening at the same time. Lighting is also very important. If the lighting is shit then the video will look like shit. Then after you shoot everything there is also all the editing that not only has to be done, but it has to be done right.
>>
>>9099820
> Also some have been mentioning how it's boring when the camera moves and the cosplayer stands still.

It's boring is that we have CMVs where the camera moves more than all the cosplayers. I love CMVs, I really do and I love the idea of video being integrated in the cosplay medium.

See /cgl/'s main issue is that despite the scores and scores of videographers out there in cons across multiple states, for the most part everyone shoots the same style.The shots that are used are mainly to showcase the costume's quality and really don't do much to show how the cosplayer captures the characters personality through interaction and movement thus defeating the whole need for a video. Hell many of these videos say there convention vids but then most of the shots are taken place in tiny quiet corners, off site and in hotel rooms where the con itself is barely the focus.

Case in point
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo2HdxXODkE
>>
The answer is production value, OP. If you took vid related and told some kid with a handycam to do the same, of course it would be cringy. You need monies and skill, two things your average con-goer doesn't have.

https://youtu.be/9u-vmk9iapQ

(ps wow remember when dance music was good)
>>
good to know that cosplay music videos are still shit after not watching them for years.

i guess most of them still rely on the "circle around the cosplayer slowly, fast motion and back to slow" style.

i get they do that to show off the entire cosplay but god damn, its just so boring to see.
>>
>>9099912
Sadly its a lot easier just to go down the money sink.

>>9097815
The video posted there certainly did not have money behind it and was shot cheap. However the person behind the camera really knows how to edit and frame his shots
>>
How do I decent CMV with a go-pro? Any tips on how to get better at framing shots in the moment? I've been doing casual photography for about a year, but I rely a lot on post-prod cropping to get the most out of my framing. I have a pretty basic Canon DSLR but it's not good for filming anything not static. I also have access to a go-pro but I haven't had the chance to get comfortable with it yet.

I honestly just want to try it out and see what I can do and maybe if I like it eventually move on to something a bit better.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.