[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Local comm thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 302
Thread images: 30

File: image.jpg (53KB, 600x307px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 600x307px
Please let's try not to talk about Eyebrow-chan or the Midwest US drama this time.
>>
Someone explain Frills by Invitation to me.
>>
>>9089020
thanks for new thread. I was the one who asked for it to be changed bc of singling out
>>
>>9089034
No, we are tired of it already.
New topics please, as OP requests.

Does your comm have any kind of dress code? How many meets can noobs come to before you expect a full coord?
Any special rules for ILD, like 'no casual, dress your best' etc?
How do you deal with poorfags and the 'I'm a lolita at heart' people or the ones trying to half-ass it and thrift all loliables?
>>
>>9089260
>Does your comm have any kind of dress code? How many meets can noobs come to before you expect a full coord?
We don't have a specific dress code but people are generally expected to wear the fashion to meet ups.
>Any special rules for ILD, like 'no casual, dress your best' etc?
No, our meets are always very casual. Often members wear quasi-loliable attire to meets, even our most established member wears things that I would consider not lolita appropriate. I would not say that we are "ita" necessarily, just unconventional even by lolita standards. A lot of vintage and offbrand items.

>How do you deal with poorfags and the 'I'm a lolita at heart' people or the ones trying to half-ass it and thrift all loliables?
In comparison to regular communities I would say we are all "poor" however I wouldn't say any of us are outright ita. The comms dress code is very lax. We haven't had any really awful people or dressers for a while now.
>>
>>9089172
No problem. I was getting really tired of the discussion as well and felt like that alone at least deserved its own thread.

>>9089260
>Does your comm have any kind of dress code? How many meets can noobs come to before you expect a full coord?
No, but it's pretty much expected for girls to come in lolita. Plus ones are expected to dress nicely if they are not planning on dressing in lolita, ouji, or aristo.
Unless if there's an explicit theme, then no. Dressing your best is also heavily implied as well.
>How do you deal with poorfags and the 'I'm a lolita at heart' people or the ones trying to half-ass it and thrift all loliables?
Luckily, the ~lolita at heart~ people are inactive and never go to meetups. We have a lot of people in the group page who ~admire the fashion~, but never contribute to the comm in any way, shape, or form. Most of the poorfags don't go to meetups, either, except the ones who actually save up money to go.
There is this one fattie ita in my comm who wears all thrifted items, and she has NEVER been able to make a decent coord at all. She's one of those people who thinks she can get away without using a petticoat because she's fat. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen her wear an actual lolita coord at all. Just terrible "aristocrat" and "cosplay" stuff. Luckily, she only attends meetups/cons once a year.
>>
>>9089260
Not that I know of. The meets that I've gone to have been mostly a variety of coords from meh to great. Any noobs I've met (self-professed, anyway) have put in the effort to dress up and look presentable. Casuals/normies/SO's who tag along usually dress nicely (i.e- shirt and slacks for dudes, a presentable dress or other type of j-fash for girls, etc.)

Depends on the meet. People host a lot of different meets and the dress code changes according to the theme of the meet.

I haven't noticed too many. No one really says anything. I guess maybe people would bitch about them here, but I haven't seen anyone do that yet.
>>
>>9089260
I don't think we have a specified dress code (like you MUST come in lolita/jfashion) but you are definitely expected to come in lolita or at least some jfashion. I remember in my comm some person's bf asked if it was alright for them to come to a meet in casual clothes. They weren't outright declined/they were told they were welcome to come, but may feel out of place due to the meet being a little more high-key in terms of dress code. I'm sure my comm wouldn't mind if someone was a total noob and they just wanted to come see what the comm is like though, get advice, see real coords, etc.

I would say it's definitely expected for people to dress in lolita at least for events considered to be bigger or more upscale, like ILD or tea party meets. My comm does a pretty good job at dressing our best, and I find that meets that cost money bring out the better dressers. For example, my comm's winter ILD vs summer ILD: winter was a $45 tea party with spots that needed to be purchased in advanced and had limited tickets/seating, summer was a free and open event. Former brought out more regular members with better skills and wardrobe, latter brought out more newbies/irregular lolitas.

Luckily my comm doesn't have too many of these types of people that are actually regular members. We have a number of regular attendees, and then there's a fuckload of people in the FB group, which I wish we would clean out honestly. When I do see people with those attitudes, it's often randos from the FB group who never even attend meets and are irrelevant anyways.
>>
>>9089721
Sorry for the blog post. In regards to the last question though - once I saw a member on the comm page make a remark about handmade, where she kinda misspoke and implied all handmade was shitty. Some random chick that I've never seen in the group or in person before came in, jumped to conclusions, and got all offended, asking if this was the opinion of the whole comm, this is why I've been afraid to go to meets, OP are you a moderator of this comm, etc. Basically people just told her to calm the fuck down. For my comm, that's probably the only person I've actually seen with that kind of attitude.

On that note,
>what are some weird/odd/dramatic things you've seen people do on your comm pages? any public meltdowns?
>have any normies managed to join the comm page/group and be really intrusive and rude to everyone?
>>
>>9089728

>what are some weird/odd/dramatic things you've seen people do on your comm pages? any public meltdowns?

Most of the posts on our comm page are newbies and itas. The mods usually delete off topic and posts that break the rules pretty fast.

We have had 2 meltdowns that I have seen since I've been in the comm. One was a guy who posted about not using female pronouns to refer to the community because he got invited to some sort of meet up at a feminist event. So obviously he was intentionally misgendered, not just sent a mass invite to a meet up.

The other one was a person who was mad they couldn't get a refund to a ticketed event when they flaked an hour before the event. They called the who comm ableist, transphobic, scammers, evil and tried to "warn" others about the evil comm event planners before flouncing.

Aside from that it is just itas posting the usual stupid questions, horrible coords and accessories. It seems like most people just use the comm page for organizing meet ups.

>have any normies managed to join the comm page/group and be really intrusive and rude to everyone?

Nope. Mods either don't approve them to the group or remove them really fast if they do get in.
>>
>>9089260
>Does your comm have any kind of dress code?
Just "wear lolita/ouji/aristocrat", or whatever you believe is lolita/ouji/aristocrat.
>How many meets can noobs come to before you expect a full coord?
Infinite, apparently. There are some girls in my comm who show up in coords that are pretty much unrecognisable as lolita but because it's ~their style~ nobody calls them out on it. At least not to their face. One of our oldest members likes to wear her handmade cupcake skirts around her hips without a petticoat and often wears thrifted men's clothes on top.
Depends on the meetup, since we do have some casual ones for ILD sometimes. Although if we had a super fancy "dress your best" meetup and some chick showed up in a t-shirt it's not like anyone would call her out on it.
Post them to ita threads and talk shit behind their back while smiling to their face, apparently.

On the one hand I'm glad my comm isn't confrontational or elitist, but on the other hand it's pretty annoying to have all group pictures ruined by itas. You'd think these girls would realise how shit they look compared to the rest of the comm and try to improve after a few years, but no.
>>
>>9089970
Didn't we talk about him enough last thread? The dude's fine.
>>
>join local comm after a couple of years of being a lonelita
>meet lots of cool people
>meet a greasy weeb
>greasy weeb latches on to me and doesn't let go
>Messages me all the time

I don't know what to do and all I got from the feels thread is that I should shun/grey rock her but she hasn't done anything wrong, at least, not yet.
But she is the typical annoying ita weeb that thinks lolita can be whatever you make it, she doesn't like brand cause she can't afford it and she bitches about how the meet ups are done even though she's brand fucking new.

She tried to tell me she wasn't invited to a meet and I tried to explain to her that, I wasn't invited either but I still paid for a ticket and went?
Like she just comes off as a person who has a problem with other girls automatically, because everyone in the comm is doing better than her and this is annoying as fuck.

But I can't really just shun her at meets, or just be short and polite with her. People are gonna pick up on that. My comm is the type where everyone has to feel welcome all the time. I'm not completely new but I've only gone to a few meets, so I still think this would look bad on me.

I just really regret talking to this girl at all.
>>
>>9092322
I've had similar situations and you can't really just ignore them. I tired just responding with really bland or non-committal replies, soon enough they seemed to get bored of me and moved on.
>>
Some group from LA comm is holding a really cool religious themed lolita event. I was pumped about it until I saw the price - $70 if you buy in July without any details announced besides venue, photog, and RinRin.

I was checking out their Instagram and it seems like they held cool events back in the day but I'm struggling justifying that cost when a really nice tea party with meet-and-greet with brand designers is $45.

Any oldfags care to weigh in?
>>
>>9093116
I went to their events back in the day, but if I recall correctly tickets were cheaper. They do throw a quality party (or at least did) so it's probably worth it, but that does seem pretty steep.
>>
>>9093116
The money doesn't even seem to go toward food/bev, they're just going to get a food truck to come there. The fact that this is their event planners' first time ever doing an event raises a lot of red flags.
>>
>>9093135
So the ticket cost won't even include food? Wtf is all this money going to then?!
>>
>>9093116
>religious themed lolita event
I mean, I get why... but like... really?
>>
>>9094133
The theme seems kind of out of date at this point. They missed all the madonna crowns and nunlita.
>>
>breakfast/brunch meetup soon. Theme is food prints

damn it feels good to be in a baller comm

I don't even care if we're all seen as fatties, give me the food
>>
Let's talk about awesome meets.

Which of your comm's meets has been your favorite?
>>
>>9093169
Rinrin's plane ticket, appearance fee, accommodations, the venue cost, the photog, probably. Ask them.
>>
>>9094501
that sounds amazing anon! Would love to do that too

>half your comm struggles to even turn up on time for anything
>>
>>9094513
Most recent ones:
Cheese meet
Tea party at a historic mansion
Drunk ILD
Swap meet
Picnic at a local rose garden
>>
>>9093116
I'm from the Bay Area and want to go to this event, but I also have committed to ottea in September and rufflecon /:

I wish they picked a better date
>>
>>9094548
The swap meet was the weekend before I joined the comm. How often do swap meets happen throughout the year?
>>
>>9089020
We haven't had any issues of newbs showing up without having something lolita. Usually they do put together a coord, even if it's just beginner bodyline or taobao.

We've not had any comm-specific ILD meets, aside from the ones I've hosted at conventions the last few years (it just lines up that way). The first time was a test, and this year was at least one person in lolita or dressy j-fashion and any guests must be in sunday best. Worked well for a con setting. I wish we'd do more for ILD in the other time of the year.

We don't really have too many issues with this. Most newbies have been going to the basic newbie places and maybe throwing in the typical newbie loliable blouse/shoes/accessories but eventually phase out of it once their wardrobes expand enough. I feel this is a typical newbie approach and probably fine as they start out. Hell, I still have a few nice loliable blouses I use once in awhile after all this time. No lolitas at heart though. I do feel we have a lot of armchair lolitas and lolita interested who haven't really started or gotten far yet outside watching/reading or being casually interested, aka "I'd really like to one day".
>>
>>9094304
>nunlita
I still love it... madonna crowns I was never a fan of. I know there'd be a shit load of both, though. And every fucking AP cross dress.

It's weird that religion is just a genre if you think about it.
>>
>>9094513
There was a Harry Potter-themed meet we did at a Harry Potter-themed cafe, and it was so lovely!
>>
Has your comm planned a Pokemon Go meet yet?
>>
>>9094695
In the process. Not sure if a couple will use it and the heat as excuse to weeb out on the Lolita meet dress code and come casual. I'm waffling if I'll go or not b/c it's a nice place and I'm not wanting to see trainers and a normalfag or Pokemon t-shirt much, gals.
>>
>>9094695
it's normally over 100°F where I live right now from about 11am onward, so even though a lot of us play it I unfortunately don't think this will happen in my comm. It sounds so fun, though; maybe if we had nicer weather or a fun Japantown mall or something.
>>
>>9094693
Vegas comm? I know there's a cafe in Henderson so just wondering.
>>
how many meetups would you attend before setting up one of your own?

My first meet was on ILD (I had been to very small informal ones before then a long time ago) and I'd like to try setting one up so I can get to know people better, but I'm worried no one will show. And it seems like the group isn't very active at all, so not a lot of chances to make friends that way
>>
>>9094890
I hosted my first meet a couple months ago after having established a few friends and a decent amount of acquaintances which took me about 5 meets to develop and plenty of online interaction. I think as long as you get to know a few people pretty well and have introduced yourself to most of the active members of the comm, you're good to go.
>>
>>9094890
I plan plenty and am really awkward and shy. You don't necessarily need to know the people who are going, just plan something interesting, and they will want to go.
Eg, I planned a generic tea and coffee meet, 4 people wanted to come. Planned a pizza meet (not exactly, but same type of thing) set next week, and have 6 coming and 10 maybe.
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 730x605px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 730x605px
this just in.... i didn't even know what thread to file this under. local cringe is so bad in my comm.
>>
>>9094943
She types like a 12 year old. I thought this ugly ita left the comm?
>>
>>9094946
idk there's 300+ people on the page, and chock-full of itas
>>
>>9094943
that was fast
>>
>>9094943

It seriously boggles me how some people type so incoherently it's barely understandable.
>>
>>9095516
lol i work nights and it gets boring idk
>>
>>9089260
Although it doesn't for regular meet ups, I don't think we've had someone attend in Normie clothes or any other jfashion style since 2012. We have a newbies pop up in babbys first bodyline with a blouse, socks and tea parties or people turning up in too short hand made skirts and a work blouse. Boyfriends can attend in Normie tshirt and jeans but it hasn't been happening lately.

Since we don't have dresscode, I'd say two or three
For events and ILD, it's Lolita, aristo or formal attire (events).
>How do you deal with poorfags and the 'I'm a lolita at heart' people or the ones trying to half-ass it and thrift all...
Because of our location it's kind of hard to not aquire Lolita items. Our mods also filter the comm well and I believe to apply you need to PM them with Lolita knowledge such as two favorite prints and three Lolita brands. If your a novice you need to learn more before even getting accepted. That being said we still do have itas j
>>
>tfw moving across the country
>new city, new people, new everything
>alright, time to check out the new comms facebook page
>it's a bunch of itas, teenagers and people who don't even wear lolita but are lolita at heart kind of comm

Well, gotta embrace the lonelita life.
>>
>>9094943
Im into wearing things that aren't considered popular, or brand jsks without a bouse or petticoat for some funky casual wear, but i dont post it in cof or tag it as lolita on my insta. Someone doesn't like it? Big fuckin whoop. But why in gods name would you go out of your way to intentionally break the rules and make a photoshoot out of it?
>>
>>9094946
I guess she left. Kek
>>
>>9095699
No loss. She dressed like shit and never even showed up to any meetups as far as i know but always posted weird "im better then you brandwhores" type shit.
>>
>>9095865
She seemed to care more about cosplay and conventions than saving up to get better outfits or go to meetups.
>>
>>9095658
It's a shame comm mods allow this, I'm sorry anon but I'd go lone too. I think comms should be a bit tougher to require coordinates for meets fairly soon after someone joins. But if the person who makes a comm is an ita or weeb, that's unfortunately not always possible. Maybe there are a few decent girls you could meet outside the comm meets?
>>
>>9095699
lmaooo
>>
>>9095905
The comm mods are no exception of this as far as I could check.

Comms have always felt weird to me anyways. I usually try to get along but then I realize that I have close to nothing in common with most of the girls except for wearing the same fashion. I'm in my mid 20s and the thought of hanging out with high schoolers or college freshmen weirds me out. I also wouldn't do this outside of lolita. I rather try to find like-minded regular friends at this point.
>>
My comm hates me. I'm a social fuckwad but I didn't think I was that bad.
>>
>>9096171
It's not like that everywhere but so,e places it really is. My comm, we are all out of school and in our jobs and living adult life but we enjoy going out in the frills to nice places as a group pretty often.
>>
>>9096197
How can you tell they hate you?
>>
Member got posted to secrets with false information. Want to stick up for them but don't want to look like a white knite and stoke their efame hungry ego
>>
>>9096233
The less fuss over a secret, whether it is right, wrong, good, bad, the quicker it dies.
>>
>>9096235
Damn this needs to be plastered all over the internet and
>>
>>9089260
>>9094695
Yes but like a month from now. Don't think organiser realises the hype will probably blow over by then.
>>
>>9096263
That's not a reply from the first one. Replying on phone is shit, soz.
>>
>>9095623
>Boyfriends can attend in Normie tshirt and jeans

OT but I'm so tired of this shit in our comm, especially at tea parties. At least put on a damn button up or don't come. Also there are some girls who have to bring their bfs to every single meet and idk why but it irks me so badly like can you not just do this one thing intended for our comm only by yourself. There aren't rules against bringing SOs but it still drives me nuts.
>>
>>9096400
I agree. No boyfriends/husbands/ etc should be allowed to attend unless they're wearing lolita, ouji, or even aristocrat
Men don't get a free pass on this
The whole point of going out together as a comm is to have a group of people dressed the same way, and it's weakened when you let random normies in
>>
My comm pretty much disbanded into sets of cliques. We where small to begin with so it wasn't a huge break up. It makes it more personal and manageable.
>>
how do you join a comm
>>
>>9096474
Facebook
>>
Why the fuck do people in my comm think it's appropriate or even necessary to show up 4-5 hours late to a meet. Most meets aren't even that long.
Unexpected delays are one thing, but I'm tired of meets being held up by these chronically late people who don't prepare, take hours to get ready and make their way to the location, and spam us all with messages going OMGGGG WHERE ARE U GUYS IM SO LATE LOL BUT ILL BE THERE IN 3 HOURS!!!
>>
>>9096514
This is why I schedule meetups at least an hour before I actually want it to take place.
>>
>>9096514
I know normies who do this shit. It seems to be a lovely trait that most asswads have.
>>
>>9096514
It's like an unspoken rule in lolita that a meet will usually have half the people being an hour late..
>>
>>9089461
We're like that too and desu I prefer it so much more a comm that's overly snobby about dress codes. I prefer simple classic looks and I don't feel underdressed this way, as well as the fact that the atmosphere is so much nicer for newbies.

And it's not like everything stagnates either, I find that when people aren't afraid of being judged and looking perfect all the time they experiment a little bit more and grow. We're supportive with concrit and such too and I think it's really helped a bunch of members become better at lolita as well as fashion in general.
>>
>>9096171
I'm in my late twenties and I guess I'm lucky that the core group of my local comm are all people of a similar age to me and we get along great! If it was a comm mainly full of highschool kids I don't think I'd be a fan of meets either.
>>
>>9096431
It's always the ones who don't try (I.e jeans etc) that are always awkward as fuck ans obviously don't want to be there. I hate it when girls drag their partners along if they don't give a fuck.
>>
Any Comm have plans for a Ghostbusters movie meetup with the film coming out this Friday?
>>
>>9096400
Usually the men don't enjoy tea parties or fancier ones and our community is quite small so the few boy friends all know each other and will hangout. They'll come to events like street festivals or things like hipster food joints where that attire is normal and accepted
>>
>>9096777

My comm isn't SJW enough to do that.
>>
>>9096462
We still have a big main comm and the mods and members do a great job with a good variety of meets. A few who like to really dress up and go to more expensive events hang out together sometimes but they still attend the main comm meets and are very active there. Some others who gossip quite a bit and don't actually meet much formed another little sub-group but that's ok too.
I am thinking that this is a pretty common thing to happen in an area since several people from different places have mentioned similar situations in their towns or cities.
>>
The Arizona Facebook comm is slowly driving me to the brink of insanity. Aside from the desperate attempts to stay active with haul posts and coord posts, 90% of the posts are idiotic.
>>
>>9096962
Not to mention the meetups planned aren't the best for the most part right now. Pool party doesn't sound like a good idea. And one doesn't even have a venue yet that is in two weeks.
>>
>>9096841
Listen, I was so with you at first. I still think that Bill Murray is a senile old man that is being taken advantage of, as well as poor old Dan Aykroyd. And yeah, we could've had dudes or just not remake the movie because fuck remakes but then...

then I saw this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QdNtNTmc0M
>>
>>9097038
I had not seen that. Swimming is great to beat the heat but not really a lolita activity...? Perhaps they're doing a luncheon before or the like.

Meanwhile the group photo for the comm is a travesty, when will that got replaced?
>>
>>9096514

one of the mods in my comm shows up to stuff (that she helped plan) with her girlfriend 3-4 hours late EVERY TIME and she's always like "where is everyone, why is everyone leaving???" like honey, we've all been suffering through the heat and the petticoats for four hours now. you're all fresh-eyed and bushy-tailed but most of us want to go the fuck home.
>>
>>9097125
From what I can gather, it is over someone's house because they just got their pool finished. They're serving food though.
>>
>>9097260
It's A, she typically plans meets no one wants to attend. The food will probably be 4 dozen jello cups.

The in-depth discussion over mermaid tails is making me kek though!
>>
>>9097038
Unless people have lolita swimwear how is this even a lolita meet?
NM, even just the thought of seeing 1/2 the general lolita community at large in any swimwear at all kind of makes me think that kind of meet is not the best idea ever.
>>
Now that today's the deadline to buy tickets, do you think the hosts will finally stop spamming the comm page with reminders to get tickets to the J-Fashion University meet
>>
>>9096777
No meet, but I want to see it so I might dress up with my bf and go. They had some Victorian looking ghosts in the trailer right?
>>
>>9097337
Don't y'all have any rules on how often meet stuff can be spammed? That's got to be annoying.
>>
>>9097316
this 1000x
>>
>>9097339
Not that I know of. Other people from the comm have mentioned in these threads that it's not just posting publicly in the comm page either-- they've send out direct messages and stuff with reminders.

I don't think this is a common occurrence, so I don't think it's an issue the mods have to step in for. It's annoying enough to post about in these threads, but I wouldn't want people banned over it.
>>
>>9096521
>>9096588
Nearly every meet is scheduled so that people have an hour of leeway to get to the place. Arriving an hour late isn't the issue, it's the people who don't show up until it's practically over. No joke, one of our chronically late girls ended up /seven hours late/ to a meet and thought it was still going because she caught up to us just as we were heading out to leave.
And it's a huge bother when we're all trying to get to something at a set time (tea service, movie, tour) and half the group is late no matter how early in advance we try to get everyone to meet.
>>
>>9097337
>>9097365
They're also spamming it on their personal FBs, so if you're friended to them it's an extra dose of suffering.
I think it's because they still have less than a dozen people who have actually paid for tickets... If you check the Eventbrite (why did they even make a formal ticketing site?) the number of available tickets hasn't budged in weeks.
Can't wait to see pics of that glorious shitshow.
>>
>>9097372
If it is a closed comm then why are they spamming publicly? Can just anyone off the street come to comm meets there or ? That doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>9097316
the reason I won't be attending lmfao
>>
>>9097372
I'm friends with them and in three different groups they've posted it to. Not to mention the direct messages.
I have nothing against either of the hosts but I'm afraid this will happen again if I show interest in their future events. They've managed to make the idea of an event anxiety inducing to me. Why.
>>
>>9097297
This!

I went to one of her meets and it was very lack luster for how she planned it. Not to mention how fucking out of the way she lives for me. Although personal, I don't like meet ups at your home. It's cheap and tacky. I can see doing it with friends and the like, but not with the whole community in your own personal space.

I stopped being active when C took over. I didn't like her in her earlier days and don't like her now that's she gotten more involved in the fashion. I just like watching the group spiral down ward because she doesn't know how to moderate without throwing people under the bus and making them feel like peasants.
>>
>>9097416
Why not just tell them directly not to?
>>
File: image.jpg (133KB, 640x854px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133KB, 640x854px
F.B.I. Lolitas of Kansas City
OH MY GOD MY SIDES IM SCREAMING.
>>
>>9097608
Why the hell would you introduce yourself like that? It's just going to make everyone suspicious of you
>>
>>9097512
I'm awkward and couldn't think of a way to say "please stop spamming me" that they couldn't take personally.
>>
I was good friends with a girl in my comm, until I found out she was talking shit about me and telling everyone about my personal life (that we both agreed to keep it between the two of us).

I straight up ignored her to avoid drama, plus I'm not one for confrontation. I would avoid her at meets by not attending the ones she would go to.

Weeks went by with her pleading and begging as to why I was ignoring her, then her caving in and saying she accidentally told other lolitas about my personal issues, which escalated to her calling me a bad friend. I did not respond to ANY of these messages. Basically my phone and messenger is her talking to herself for 3-4 months (probably around ~300 messages).

She stopped being active in the community so I came back from the hole I was hiding in. I was showing up on people's newsfeed and my photos were being tagged. Said friend came out from hiding as well and approached me in person as if nothing happened.

I pulled her aside and (quietly) told her I was no longer interested in being her friend with the way she was treating me and asked for her to keep her distance from me from here on out. I didn't want to fight with her and I told her I would remain cordial; we were no longer friends but simply acquaintances that share the same hobby. She did not take this well as she wailed and bawled and had to call her sister to come pick her up. Obviously this made a scene and I didn't know how to react. Other lolitas asked what happened and I vaguely said she broke my trust and I couldn't be friends with her anymore.

I didn't go to meets for another 5-6 months after that.

I thought things would have been fine after some time but now she is continuously approaching me at meets when I am not alone ie when I'm with 2-3 other friends at a meet-up. "I've missed you!!"

It's making me feel very anxious and I don't know how else to tell her that I don't want to be friends with her when she didn't get the hint the first time.
>>
>>9097425
>she doesn't know how to moderate without throwing people under the bus and making them feel like peasants
Meanwhile she can't coord herself out of a paper bag 90% of the time.
>>
>>9097222
Dare I ask what comm you are referring to?
>>
>>9097987
Fuck that. Take photographs of those messages, ie. Don't just screen cap them, take a picture.
File a suit for telephonic harassment and get a restraining order.
Seriously, do not mess around with this sort of thing. This could get out of control and you need to tell everyone what is going on. Especially of this has been going on for months.
>>
>>9097845
This person has an extremely long history of drama and weirdness dating back at least to 2008, so anyone recognizing her name would have been suspicious no matter how she introduced herself.
>>
>>9098033
Not the person that posted but I think it's my comm too
>>
>>9097608
Awww. Im in KC and always want to join, but now Im afraid.
>>
>>9098161
Just join the main KC comm and do their silly application process thingie. Frances is a long time fetishist troll who uses stolen photos of a model and arises to harass the lolita community from time to time.

I'm surprised FBI wasn't aware and just accepted, she has a tracklist a mile long on get offegl
>>
>>9098097
This applies to my comm as well
>>
>>9097608
FRANCES LIVES
>>
>>9097608
Yo, anon I have a shitton of caps from when Frances would take images of unsuspecting lolitas from LJ and CoF, post them to her Facebook page and ridicule/make fun of them. I can provide them if you like so you can show the mod and this crazy bitch gets the boot from your comm
>>
>>9098231
Yeah I messaged one of the mods and sent her some caps (they're everywhere and quite easy to find) she's been removed and outed as a troll. I'm glad she was removed before anything actually happened.

I'm AMAZED that Frances reared her head in the midst of all the KC drama and the FBI group just... accepted
>>
>>9098231
interested, drama-obsessed, rubberneck outsider anon here would like to know if you'd provide said caps just for fun
>>
File: image.png (753KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
753KB, 640x1136px
>>
>>9098329
what a biiiiiiitch. she sounds like my fucking mother-in-law. I hate people who have a hard-on for being "normal".
>>
File: tacksforsnacks.jpg (60KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
tacksforsnacks.jpg
60KB, 960x540px
>>9098329
>Actually those girls are dressed up as a Japanese anime character
>>
File: this bitch.png (49KB, 631x419px) Image search: [Google]
this bitch.png
49KB, 631x419px
>>9098329
>>9098340
Heres from her facebook just 4 hours ago
>>
>>9098329
>>9098343

That was actually kind of precious. Totally wrong, but out of all the posters, this one felt most like my out of touch mother who just wants her children to be happy.
>>
>>9098354

Omg, if you can see it can...can you post? Please just casually drop the first screencap in lol
>>
File: bitch.png (37KB, 632x346px) Image search: [Google]
bitch.png
37KB, 632x346px
>>9098354
And back in 2012 lol
>>
>>9098356
No she has everything public, but you cant post unless youre her friend I guess, Im tempted to message her the first cap and show her why she isnt allowed.
>>
File: normal.jpg (58KB, 632x454px) Image search: [Google]
normal.jpg
58KB, 632x454px
>>9098357
And just one more because it made me laugh.
>>
>>9098329
You should probably show these to all the mods for the various Lolita Facebook groups she is in. She is still in quite a few of them.
>>
>>9098359

Damn. I wonder if the people posting on her status's even know what lolita groups are. Judging by the first cap, probably not?
>>
File: swuok.jpg (63KB, 604x450px) Image search: [Google]
swuok.jpg
63KB, 604x450px
>>9098357

Wow, she's really had a lot of time to practice being a dipshit
>>
The fact that Frances is back years later (just added to the main KC comm today as well) just as the comm is being swept by recent drama feels like definite confirmation of troll.
>>
>>9098535
She would be 47 now right?
>>
File: shinyglassestrope.jpg (10KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
shinyglassestrope.jpg
10KB, 300x225px
>>9098369
>that fupa tho
>>
>>9098329
I don't use this word very often, but this woman is a downright cunt.
>>
>>9097608
Is this stockings Francis from LJ?
>>
>>9098721
Yes. Stolen plus size model profile photo is the same as photo on a known banned (from egl and egl-sales) Francis LJ account.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 750x559px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 750x559px
>>9098354
Bitch knows the score, just not how to count.
>>
>>9098774
Please don't tell me she's going to pretend to be this surprised when every group bans her?
>>
>>9098231
More please, I try to get her banned in my comm!
>>
>>9098329
Was the post from this year? Most recent stuff is best, this chick needs to go.
>>
>>9098807
2013, getoffegl
>>
Uh, does anyone know why the SD Lolita FB comm no longer exists? Went to check it for events just now and it's no longer showing up...
>>
>>9097222
Pdx?
>>
>>9098774
I don't think there is a way to ban someone from a group until after they have joined.
>>
>>9097337
The host posted the event to the LA page and all over their wall. Who the hell from SoCal is going to drive that far for an over priced, soccer mom's wet dream event? Girl please
>>
>>9098805
I can post more caps but they arent super duper recent bc shes taken a break for the past few years.

>>9099208
Yea, there is.
>>
File: frances is still a hypocrite.png (20KB, 750x260px) Image search: [Google]
frances is still a hypocrite.png
20KB, 750x260px
>>9099288
>>
File: frances d_l.png (2MB, 1035x1101px) Image search: [Google]
frances d_l.png
2MB, 1035x1101px
>>9099291
>>
>>9099293
>>9099291
>>9099288
Can someone explain to me why the hell she tries to join lolita groups if she hates the fashion so much?
>>
>>9099293
This one is more of an example of her taking images of unsuspecting lolitas and reposting them to her own page to all the weirdos there than her being a total bitch but still
>>
>>9099298
I have more but I don't know if I should keep posting them here bc i don't want to clog up the thread

>>9099297
Mental illness? I honestly don't know. She has been screwing with the community since like 2007 or something. It's alarming. There are some who argue she's an elaborate troll but I am inclined to believe she's a real person
>>
>>9099291
>>9099298
I never got her obsession with pantyhose.
>>
>>9099298
I'd say make it a drinking game, a shot for every time she says 'normal', but I don't want alcohol poisoning.
>>
>>9099081
Maybe related, but the north Texas comm also disappeared overnight. One of the mods remade the group but we lost all of our sales posts, meet photos, events and so on.
>>
>>9099081
One of the mods just posted that they have filed a report with FB. Maybe it got reported for the name by a normie or disgruntled ex-member?
>>
>>9099423
Or maybe....it was FRANCES.
>>
>>9099427
I snorted.
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 640x855px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 640x855px
>>9099297
I dunno but her friend got pretty fed up with it too.
>>
File: image.jpg (239KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
239KB, 1024x1024px
>>9099297
I suspect she got butthurt after being called an annoying ita or some shit. Observe the 180° flounce.
>>
You guys,
I left cgl for like 4 years, and when I finally come back, Frances is STILL there?
I'm amazed, frankly. Just thought she was an elaborate troll, turns out she's not, heh.
>>
I don't think she's a real person because in all this time, she's only ever had that one image as the only photo of "her" in all this time.

I think it's actually someone who gets off on this, like a humiliation/sissy fetish or similar, possibly a dude IRL. They have a pattern of trying to join lolita groups, then purposefully posting things that will get them negative attention - calling the fashion "weird" and emphasizing how they are plus size and "older", wear heels and pantyhose, posting Leg Avenue costumes and calling them lolita etc. At one point someone found "her" posting on some BDSM groups on livejournal and claiming she had some guy making her wear certain things. It's all very weird but I'm sure this is just some strange man's wank material.
>>
>>9099493
Sorry for "in all this time" doubling - got distracted halfway through my comment

>>9099490
Frances was gone for a while (long enough that some people hadn't heard of her) but just recently re-emerged
>>
>>9099493
I thought this too, but she posts (or did at one time) a lot of pictures of her pantyhose and shoe purchases, in at least one picture she didn't blur out the shipping label and you can see her full name and address.

That's a high level of dedication for a troll
>>
>>9099494
that's even better. I'd like to see every newbie's face when they dig deeper and deeper into the myth that she has become.
makes me feel so damn old, tho. remembering old drama is fun until you realize you should probably be a Frances yourself and tone down on the weird hobby...
>>
>>9099498
I still think this is some sort of character, like don't sissies have names they use for when they're in their frilly dresses? Could still be a dude who has the pantyhose and shoes he wears for that sent to a female name at his real address.
>>
>>9099299
moar pls
>>
File: why.jpg (60KB, 341x353px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
60KB, 341x353px
>>9099483
>"Pants don't ever go with dresses!!!"
>girl is Muslim
>>
>>9099378

So wait, the pic she has is just a random plus sized model right?

All the pantyhose things reminds me of that cap of that sissy trying to find "recommendations" for a petti but really just wanted to describe the feeling of skirts and pantyhose for their fetish.

If there is a real person behind this, I'm going with repressed ageplayer with a humiliation kink who gets off on "humiliating" people.

If it's a troll I'm going with their character is a fat middle age soccer mom who's also a "fat activist". But were there even fat activists when Francis started popping up? Gosh it's been going on so long...it's as if it started out as a troll and slowly became real.
>>
File: hehehe.gif (371KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
hehehe.gif
371KB, 500x281px
>>9099386
kek

>>9099481
Also who tf are her friends? You can't post unless you friend her but you can see everything. Does she actually exist or just trawl through Christian sites to get people to friend her so she has people that respond "wut on earth is this..." when she suddenly springs lolita on them?
>>
>>9099544
I vote cross dresser with a pantyhose fetish who is trying to deny or overcome it. The denial phase, they criticize lolitas, the active phase, they admire them.
I'm a bit confused about the Mary Kay thing though because the advert photo on her profile 'you can do Mary Kay sales too for $75' that (s)he is bound to get a referral bonus from but would require a real name and bank account for any kind of referral credit and the payout from it.
>>
>>9097425
I don't mind having meets at people's houses, some of the better meets (white elephant, halloween) have been in nice homes. That's been in the last year though.
>>
>>9099387

Yeah, didn't someone report to FB that the events page has been fucking up and only showing one event? I wonder if that had anything to do with it, or what. 2 comms deleted sounds fishy.

Personally, while I think it's awful all the comm data got destroyed, I hope that this will purge all the inactive people. No reason to have 600 people and only 10 show up to meets.

Also, did this Frances person join the Metroplex group? Since the old group is gone I can't go back and look but I wanna say she was one of the many poorfags as of late who asked about rockabilly dresses for lolita? Maybe I'm wrong.
>>
>>9099562
Don't get me started on the "but I'm poor, can't I just put lace on a Hell Bunny dress" posts. Summer can't end fucking fast enough.

Frances did join the group but so far she hasn't said anything noteworthy.
>>
>>9099622
You should tell the mods to remove her from the group or else you will find her stealing private images and reposting them to her fb to point and laugh at
>>
>>9099562
>Also, did this Frances person join the Metroplex group?
She did, and asked about why the Kansas comms banned her.
>>
>tfw Frances will probably never try to join my comm's FB
I really want to see some of our more obnoxious newbies freak out at her.
>>
>>9096263
It might be a bit better by then. Cooler weather and less clogged servers. I'm guessing this is actually my comm you're talking about and I'm glad it's in a month or so because I'd be wilting after 30 minutes out there.
>>
>>9089260
Lolita, ouji, or aristo (exceptions made for related things like shironori when appropriate) only unless it's a casual or swap meet (which we encourage noobs to attend because it's easier to teach and help them buy things)

As many swap and casual meets as it takes, provided you are actually trying. Zero for other meets.

Formal lolita, ouji, or aristo only. Theme highly encouraged but never mandatory.

They usually figure out pretty quickly how much time and effort the others have invested in the fashion, whether it's hunting and collecting, sewing, learning all the buying methods, saving up for a long time or working harder to earn more disposable income, practicing coord after coord and improving from concrit, or enduring public or internet ridicule until they improve, and such, and drop the "true lolita at heart" routine and start putting the actual work in themselves like the others do.
>>
>>9100509
>Shironuri, pls forgive.
>>
my local comm page is gone too.... Wtf is going on?
>>
>>9100667
What comm, Anon?
>>
>>9100303
>>9099625

Well, given that the com is now 2/3 smaller, she didn't make it into the new group. Who knows if she'll return. Too much drama recently with that, the comm page disappearing, and that weird tea party. I swear that person went to the New Year's tea because the outfit in their profile pic is the same one that I remember some old brolita wearing but I have no way of checking with the old comm page gone.

Is this person just an old brolita, or are they a sissy? I can't tell and want to know what situation our comm is up against now.
>>
>>9099490
>Frances is still there?
Someone mentioned her a few months ago so now unfunnychans are revving up that troll persona again to "bring her back."
>>
>>9100700
>I swear that person went to the New Year's tea because the outfit in their profile pic is the same one that I remember some old brolita wearing but I have no way of checking with the old comm page gone.
No, the older woman at the New Year's meet was someone's grandmother/aunt. She was very nice, the girl she was with dressed her up (she's been in the comm for years). I sat with them and drank tea at their table for a little.
The pictures that RR has as profile photos were taken in the Anatole. The one leaning forward is by the gazebo next to the shops, the other one is most likely a hotel room.

>>9100700
I hope she doesn't. She seems like an awkward trip we don't need. But to answer your question: he doesn't seem like a sissy, he's not in any DDLG groups from what facebook public shows. Hard to tell, unless he has a second super secret fetish fb I (thankfully) wouldn't know about, but I'm not getting sissy vibes.
>>
>>9100700
I believe the mods may have pre-emptively banned Frances; she was complaining about it in a public entry. Good riddance.
>>
>>9100836

So then were people telling him to delete his meet because it was just so poorly organized? No one has ever been told to cancel an event that I know of. Maybe because it was something that would cost money? It was strange.
>>
>>9099183
Not that I saw.
>>
>>9100670
Not that anon but the Australian Lolitas and Brisbane Rufflebutts page is gone too.....
>>
>>9101009
The Aus Lolitas page is still there for me?
>>
>>9101043
Really?? I can't see it?
>>
>>9099498
>That's a high level of dedication for a troll
There are highly dedicated trolls though.
>>
>>9099548
Someone on the farm site was talking about her recently and the theory that every one agreed on is that in one point and time, she was a real person that was involved in the community when it was on LiveJournal but then other people started using her name (it's a common name, lots of people could use it on fb) and posted the trolling stuff under it and now that name is associated with this kind of trolling.

I think the same happens with HWC now too. Like the original poster still posts sometimes but it's definitely also other people posing as her.
>>
>>9100849
I actually just suggested he cancel it and try again when he's more experienced and people actually know who he is. The moment it turned into a kimono/geisha event it was going way overboard, especially because no one was going and it was probably going go turn into an even worse mess. I suggested he just make a group gathering and meet up at the con to meet the others in the comm first so people could establish trust first. I told him it was his decision because it was his event and I'm not a mod nor was I going in trying to be, but said that if it were me I'd cancel it to save myself money from whatever place he rented.
>>
>>9101186
Also to clarify, it was just me who told him to wait, with another person agreeing. It wasn't a ton of people talking to him about it at all.
>>
Just reporting in the NC comm mysteriously disappeared overnight just the like the SD comm.

Anyone else's comm also mysteriously disappeared overnight?
>>
>>9101861
I wonder if the word 'Lolita' in the title of Comm page may have to do with the pages being taken down.
>>
>>9101942
Oh, this spooks me. I'm debating on changing the name of my comm temporarily just in case. If anything, I should save the resources links.
>>
>>9101943
I would to be safe
>>
>>9101942
>>9101943

Out was named "North Carolitas", so lolita wasn't really in the name.
>>
>>9102042
*Ours

Also I'm wondering if there is some connection between all the deleted comms. Like a key person, key event, etc.. ?
>>
Did Frances join them? Maybe it's a hack.
>>
>>9098385
I'm currently doing this, this fucking troll needs to choke on a dick and die.
>>
>>9098231
Please I need screen caps, she's trying to join STL comm but I want my mods to keep her from joining
>>
File: 1468484741934.jpg (732KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1468484741934.jpg
732KB, 1080x1080px
>>9102062
Here Anon have all the caps.
Also I reported her fb page since that ain't even her. I think we can get her fb down if several people report her ass.
>>
>>9102062
I posted most of her caps in this thread already.
>>
the Frances stuff is boring please move along
>>
Supposedly more comms have been deleted off of FB. I'm starting to wonder if its a sign that FB is less than ideal now.
>>
>>9101943
Ours was bris rufflebutts so no lolita there either
>>
>>9103284
I heard it's because Facebook algorithms are targeting the word "lolita"
>>
>>9103368
Where did you hear this from
>>
>>9103368
Instagram won't let you view the "lolita" tag so I'd believe it.
>>
>>9103368
But how would that explain Bris or NC?
>>
>>9103383
Maybe it's to do with the content in the groups? Lolita would be a term that comes up daily
>>
>>9103377
Are you fucking serious right now
I mean most real lolitas use lolita fashion anyway but if this is really happening - it's a fucking name for christ sake.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-15-23-45-56-1.png (86KB, 1440x1535px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-15-23-45-56-1.png
86KB, 1440x1535px
>>9103392
It's so pointless because look at all the related tags. They all work fine.
>>
>>9103404
Yeah I checked my phone after to see.
This is some pants on head retarded shit
>>
>>9103377
It's been like that for years though. That's why everyone started using "lolitafashion" instead
>>
>>9103938
no, i could search the lolita tag on ig well just a week ago or something
>>
>>9103284
Facebook has been on a deleting spree for a while along with all the pollitical stuff right going on.Im surprised that lolita is being purged too but we may want to find another site for all our stuff.
>>
I've heard the deleting spree is likely because of the groups linking to HelloLace, which has become infected with viruses. Thoughts?
>>
desu I can't believe people from the SF comm actually went to that "Jfash University" meetup. The idea was so bad and ridiculous and the event was obviously made just to stroke soccer mom's ego into thinking that she's a ~successful~ comm leader.
>>
>>9104330
The comm's big enough that every meet up will have people to participate
>>
>>9104330
more details please?
>>
>>9104811
They toured UC Berkeley in schoolgirl outfits. Tickets were $50+ and really idk why anyone would want to pay that much to embarrass themselves in front of actual university students and eat cafeteria food.
>>
>>9103948
I'm not sure why that is since it's been showing up as blank for me at least for the last 2-3 years. Tumblr used to show up as blank for me too until they added the turn off safe search option.
>>
>>9104815
Cal alum here. I've seen lolitas on and around campus before and there's a regular anime con hosted on campus every fall. Believe me when I say there are way weirder people on campus. Most people probably didn't bat an eye (whoever was on campus anyway-- it's summer, so it's not like there were tons of students around)
>>
>>9099483
I mean that is a hideous coord

also, in case someone's not heard yet, FB's comm group takedown has been more or less traced to the comms having hellolace links in their files or descriptions - it got labelled as a harmful site and the link can't be posted on facebook so the comms just went down as well it seems
>>
my comm is dead and full of itas and i'm suffering
>>
File: 13640754.jpg (361KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
13640754.jpg
361KB, 2048x1536px
>>9104330
I don't know who the hell most of these people are
>>
>>9105719
Kek Gwen went
>>
>>9105719
I was about to complain about how literally half of these people aren't even wearing lolita or related styles, then I realized it was "jfashion university".

>>9104330
someone please entertain me and tell me what soccer mom chan is like. I feel like at face value when I see some of her posts in FB groups, she seems nice, but under that sorority smile layer it feels like she could actually be a really annoying person. I dislike how she freaked out about concrit on her mediocre "old school" coord.
>>
File: Orphan Black.jpg (14KB, 236x330px) Image search: [Google]
Orphan Black.jpg
14KB, 236x330px
>>9105719
What a mess. Soccermom-chan's outfit is cute, but would look a lot better on someone other than soccermom-chan.

>>9105740
I don't know her but always read her posts in a highly strung, don't-make-me-cut-you-with-these-craft-scissors Alison Hendrix voice.
>>
>>9105734
Who?
>>
>>9105950
>sweet summer child
Top middle, looks like an old tranny but is actually a cis woman. Has never put together a decent coord in her life. IIRC she first came to the online community's attention when someone made a silly secret about some dot on her cardigan/JSK (I honestly don't remember, it was so dumb) looking like a nipple and she proceeded to freak the everloving fuck out in the comments, saying that everyone there was an anorexic whore jealous of her glorious tits. That was ages ago and she hasn't changed a bit. Needless to say, if you're organizing a meetup you don't really want her to attend.
>>
>>9105719
This is so cringy holy shit.
>>
>>9105740
You know those cheerleader/sorority girls who are a little too bubbly? At every meet she has to be the center of attention. All you hear is her talking about how "outgoing, detail oriented" (her words) she is. She always shows up in the most OTT coord whether it's appropriate or not. Once she even said she's proud of knocking things over due to her poofy petticoat.
>>
>>9105740
It's her constant bragging irl and online that really annoys me. She goes on and on about her modeling career when she's basically a booth babe and her only talent is using looks to sell stuff. She also brags about how much AP she has and how sad it is that she buys every new release but doesn't have time to wear them all. She came into the comm just expecting to be a leader and get e-famous. Lolita may be a fashion-based hobby, but imo it should really be more than just a vehicle for fame and ego boosts.
>>
>>9106016
I saw her posting about that, but did she mention it in person too? I've never met her in person so I don't really know what she's actually like.

Sure, she strikes me as a little attention-seeking because she posts so much about frivolous things, but I always got the feeling that she was just really enthusiastic and wanted to do a lot of lolita stuff and be into lolita things. As far as I know, it's not like she's tearing others down for doing stuff or posting nasty secrets about other members. She has to know that the comm is just too big to have actual "ringleaders" for the entire comm.
>>
>>9099291
Represents how all those SWEET IS AGEPLAAAAAY naysayers come across oh so well.
>>
>>9099481
Someone link her to hellolace hahaha
>>

Lolita or ouji unless someone specifically asks whether they can come in normie clothes for whatever reason. This is a rare occurrence, however, and is usually only allowed if someone is intending on getting into lolita but wants to meet the comm first.

There isn't really a set number, but noobs only tend to come to one or two meets. We don't have many meets anyways.

We were suggested to dress our best, and many people did.

Our comm's so small this isn't really an issue. Of course there are some itas but they're usually noobs who either leave the fashion or get better with time.
>>
>>9099297
Because "she" is most likely a sissy with a humiliation fetish.

And for those of you who think nobody would keep up that kind of ruse for so many years - trust me, I'm into some fetish/BDSM stuff and I see the same damaged weirdos year after year show up on websites. They keep doing it because it's their fap material.
>>
>>9099625
Oh no some nobody might make fun of people to the ten friends they have. Who the fuck cares?
>>
>>9106603
Are you so new that you are seriously defending Frances?
>>
>>9106188
Different anon. Trust me she's even more annoying in person.
>>
>>9107467
More deets? I already hate her so give me more reasons.
>>
Are there really communities that function and where all the meetup organisation isn't left to one person? Members and other mods wax lyrical about how much they want to host meets but when I step back and stop doing anything for a few weeks, nobody steps in. I encourage people and offer to co-host if people are shy, but nothing. Nobody steps up and then when nothing happens I hear back sly jabs about how I never do anything.

Is this just the way it is? I enjoy meets, but I'm feeling burned out and a bit used.
>>
>>9109958
Feels a little like the bystander effect, which can be negated when someone gives the people a job. The next time someone complains, tell them directly to host an upcoming meet (nicely of course).

Sort of like
>I wish I could host a meet one day~~~
>(you) That's a great idea! You'd be really good at it!

People won't step up on their own, you have to nudge them. Then enjoy the host wars after they get their confidence and think that they're a better host than you are.
>>
>>9109968
I've been nudging, that's what's killing me. The only step I can take is straight out saying that someone else needs to start hosting because I can't always be available. I'd love host wars, some friendly competition would spice things up to no end and probably introduce a better variety of ideas and outings that I wouldn't come up with on my own.

Maybe I should just nudge people more forcefully? I might try mentioning it like you suggested again if someone says something. I'm at a loss, and meetup planning is so tricky too. Everywhere is too expensive, or too busy, or members don't want to be near crowds or within a mile of tourists, we were reduced to café-hopping meets for a few months because people wouldn't turn up to anything else. A meet a few months ago had two people turn up after seven dropped out slowly and quietly over the three days in the run up.

I guess I'm just getting a little disillusioned with whether or not it's worth it anymore if nobody else wants to help.
>>
>>9109958
I'm sorry, anon. Our comm is actually really good about different members making meets all the time, but I'm not really sure why.
>>
File: criNGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (111KB, 960x765px) Image search: [Google]
criNGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
111KB, 960x765px
>>9105740
I REALLY really wanted to like her. when she first started the comm everyone loved her bubbly energy and fawned over her first coord (which was pretty good and far from ita noobs) and handmade items.

the fucking compliments got to her head and her ego inflated to the size of her overstuffed petticoat.

she talks about her model job constantly (basically >>9106026 said) and keeps bragging about how thin she is and how she needs to get things taken in when she's fucking average as fuck. she refuses to take any criticism and thinks she's gods gift to lolitas or something. she brags sooooooooo much, about her hand-made shit, "i picked up this new craft making hobby!!!", her shitty taobao hauls, and how much she loovveess her makeup application even though she looks like a straight up heaux

also pls look at this fucking cringefest
>Here's my outfit break down:
>Shirt, skirt - Handmade by me
>Leggings - Old Navy
>Hat, belt, all accessories and pokeballs - >Handmade by me
>Shoes - Taobao shop

SHE'S WEARING FUCKING ADIDAS REPLICAS WITH HER SHITTY HANDMADE/OTHER TAOBAO SHIT
>>
>>9109999
I guess it just depends on the crowd in the specific community. We've filled up with flakes in the last 2-3 years and it's contributed hugely to the overall attitude of the comm. I don't know if it's just wishful thinking to try to change that, but we'll see, I guess. I'm going to try to get a meetup together in the next few days for next month and see what happens.
>>
File: gothic lolita wigs covergirl.jpg (381KB, 2048x1303px) Image search: [Google]
gothic lolita wigs covergirl.jpg
381KB, 2048x1303px
>>9110000
here's more of her fucking trainwreck "outfits." they're public on her facebook btw she has no shame

>Select all images with trains.
>thanks captcha
>>
>>9105719
I only know 3 of them. Two are the organizers...

>>9105961
>is actually a cis woman
I'm not the anon you're replying to but good god, she's cis? I've seen trans women who look better than her.

>>9106016
>>9106026
Her schtick could probably work in a small comm filled with noobs and itas, but that shit sure as fuck doesn't work in SF. There are cuter, younger looking lolitas in SF who might not buy every single release but still look cute and are always appropriately dressed for the occasion. Soccer mom, on the other hand, always looks like she's ready for OTTea.

>>9110000
she could've definitely bought real adidas shoes if she just laid off one AP release but no.
Also nice post number.
>>
>>9109981
I don't know if this applies to you, but I'll share anyway. I've been in my comm for about six years, and in the last few years members have been expecting and almost demanding better, fancier, less realistic meetups. Some of the best meets we ever had were potluck picnics where we'd sit for hours talking, playing card and board games, and eating snacks and sandwiches. Now, if something isn't planned a month in advance with exact costs calculated and 100% original, the turnout is piss poor. The very idea of suggesting a potluck has been laughed out of the room.
>>
>>9106026
>her modeling career
Who does she even model for? Old Navy as the pretend mom of some random kids?
>>
>>9110016
shes a promo girl for tradeshows. basically a ~professional~ booth babe
>>
>>9110013

Hey at least you're stuck in a comm full of elitists that don't want to get their brand wet sitting in a public park and eating with their hands. I'm stuck in a comm full of poor underage tumblrites that can't even afford to pay attention. They bitch and moan if a meet is held that DOESN'T involve free admission, free food, and carpooling to the meet (but not helping pay for gas)
>>
>>9110035
I saw some of her pics for that. All she does is stand at places in a t-shirt and khakis? Idk if that's how most of them are but I thought booth babes were supposed to be more titillating.

Then again I know nothing about that shit. I just thought they were supposed to be sexy or something.
>>
My local comm mod always talks big game anti bullying, makes rules against bullying (you'll be kicked out of the comm if you get caught on cgl according to her) and then when she finally bans someone from the comm she goes full open season on them, publicly making status and chatting with friends about how to insult them and conspiring throwing shade when they see the banned person post on CoF

like what the fuck?? It pisses me off so much.
>>
>>9110000
This makes me sad i chose valor...
>>
>>9110000
I wish just once she'd let a good lolita do her makeup
>>
>>9110035
depends on the company who hires you. I did promo modeling for liquor companies and casinos, the trade show shit was boring. Also worth pointing out, little to no talent required to be a promo model
>>
>>9110000
She's not even that thin? She has a gut...
>>
>>9110312
but anon, her makeup is already perfect! she is the bestest lolita in all of california and if you disagree, you are a bully. no concrit, only compliments. umu
>>
>>9109981
>>9110013
In my comm many of the girls openly talk about how they would never attend a meetup hosted by someone new to the community or someone they don't personally know (yet). We have larger meetups open to the whole comm a few times a year, tons of 'private meetups' among friend groups and the occasional weeaboo meetup at a convention or sushi place. Some other people were suggesting on the FB page that they would like more smaller, casual meetups that are open to people who haven't made any friends yet but whenever someone does try, nobody ever clicks 'going'. It's annoying and really puts me off trying to host a meetup myself.
>>
>>9110000
Pic of her first coord?
>>
>>9110004
Is she going to a MLP meet? A Pride parade? A rave?

Why would you ever wear this
>>
>>9110999
Hopefully it wasn't a Pride event. There are already enough straight girls running around in rainbow tutus at those things.
>>
>>9110999
>>9111096
yes it was for a pride event. so much fucking shame
>>
>>9110004
that wig really brings out the orange self tan
>>
>>9111242
have you seen the people that go to pride anon... she's not far off.
>>
File: image.jpg (196KB, 640x1070px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
196KB, 640x1070px
I'm really fucking excited about this guys, I love her art. So nice to have another local talent to buy from in my community.

I don't want to go to the event though so I hope she opens up an etsy or something.
>>
>>9111413
IMO she really fucked herself over by debuting at a half-assed obscure lolita event. She has a huge insta following and a lot of lolitas know her and her artwork. There's going to be salt that she didn't show her stuff like at a con or maybe the SF OTTea party for more access.

That bear is cute AF from what I can see though.
>>
>>9111586
Why would there be salt? No one gives a shit where she debuts it. Don't make drama where there isn't any.
>>
>>9111413
This is so exciting! I love her and her art, and having one more more goth-y accessories brand to buy from is great.
>>
>>9094693
My comm is supposed to be doing a Harry Potter themed meet at the end of the month. I'm excited for it, but not entirely sure which coord to wear. I want to look like someone that might actually be walking Diagon Alley, and that might mean venturing into costume/ita territory.
>>
>>9111586
>She has a huge insta following
>5k followers

huh
>>
>>9110004
This is ok for a pride parade. Not seeingthe problem
>>
>>9111895
Lolitas seem to think that having the following of the 5th most popular boy at a rural high school is huge.
>>
>>9110234
Name and shame
>>
>>9111413
>liking tryhard skullita
>>
File: 1015692.jpg (432KB, 2048x1326px) Image search: [Google]
1015692.jpg
432KB, 2048x1326px
>>9110786
It was too long ago, but I'm pretty sure this is it.
>>
>>9112646
This isn't horrible for a first coord but it's nothing special
>>
>>9111895
Actually for anyone in Jfashion, 5k is pretty good. I have 6000 and have already received a few sponsorships and free shit.
>>
>>9111895
>>9111976

Betting neither of these people have more than 200, lmao
>>
>>9112646
what possessed her to wear that wig
>>
Is there a com in Salt Lake that actually does stuff? The facebook page looks pretty dead.
>>
>>9111893
Dutch comm? The meet sounds super fun. It kinda makes me wish I actually liked HP.
>>
>>9112710
She needs to keep up the soccer mom appearance, even in lolita
>>
>>9115029
Way over in the land of Canada, but I suppose everywhere around the world will be releasing the new book at the same time, so I'm not surprised if more comms are doing the same. Either way, you have 5 days to binge-watch the films and see if they spark any excitement in you!
>>
jfc people complain about their comms not having enough meetups but my comm's calendar is jam packed, especially with all the special events our local brand store is putting on.
>tfw your comm has ALL THE MEETUPS
>tfw you can't make it to all of them
>>
>>9116568
I actually have the same problem and it's impossible to make any kind of friends because I can only go to certain meets anyway.
>>
>>9112695
Right? Even if they did, it's likely they paid for them. No way anyone on 4chan knows more than 20 people irl.
>>
>>9109958
Put your foot down and say you will host X number of meets per year in X months (plan to fit your schedule) and tell the comm straight up that otherwise it is up to others to fill in with meets in between. It IS way too much for one person, do you have any co-mods? If so, ask them to also step up and host at least a few meets each per year.
>>
>>9112646
>dead eyes
>>
>>9110000
>Heaux

L I T E R A L L Y

Fuck off, swampdweller
>>
>>9116568
>>9116570
I wish I had your problems. My comm is coming up on a period where we have one meet up a month and that's as busy as I've ever seen it, but I expect it to die down again as people start focusing on school again. I've been trying to make friends for over a year but it's difficult when the FB page is almost dead and people forget who you are in the time between meet ups. I'm hoping the upcoming meet up will have at least some attendee overlap with one of the others I've attended so I don't have to be the new girl introducing myself to everyone I speak to yet again.
>>
>>9098357
>Frances Prussia

That takes me beck to my Hetalia weeb days
>>
>>9111242
Why did she go to a pride thing like that when she's straight? For attention?
>>
>>9117571
kek
>>
>>9110234
Are you in Southern California?
>>
>>9117907
I hate to break it to you, but you don't have to be part of the LGBT community to attend LGBT events.
>>
>>9110000
she's organizing a pokemon go meetup. i feel bad for the other organizer because they seem super excited about it whereas i get the vibe that she's hosting just so she can have host status at the meet.
>>
>>9110010
>>9110010
Agreed, she'd be set in a comm out in the middle of nowhere. She's not interesting enough to stand out at the OTTeas at all tho. Tbh she doesn't really do OTT justice but that's just me...There's just not much creativity to what she does...She's just a soccer mom lol
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 236x233px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 236x233px
>>9120575
She always wears super safe color combos and that gets boring and repetitive after a while.
She reminds me of suburban stay-at-home moms who are self proclaimed DIY gurus that make shit like pic related.
>>
> Local comm bitches about how the other comms have "official enamel pins"
> "If we ever do that, we're only gonna let the cool people buy them."
> Thanks for separating us even further, bitches.
>>
>>9118211
Not that anon, but I'm from SoCal and I'm not aware of any groups with that rule. But I could see that curly haired sjw ita bitch hosting the murder mystery dinner being like that.
Thread posts: 302
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.