[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Popularity Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: S4stan2.png (52KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
S4stan2.png
52KB, 800x600px
Let's do a popularity check!

>Are you a lolita/jfash or cosplayer?

>Which social media do you use? (FB, Insta, Tumblr, etc.)

>How many followers do you have on each of them? (or one with highest follower count)

>Any tips or tricks for becoming more popular/efamous?

>Are you happy with your popularity or do you want a bigger audience?
>>
>>9086411
Hi keksandra, nice dubs

Lolita primarily, cosplay very poorly just for fun at cons

FB, Tumblr, G+

>How many followers do you have on each of them? (or one with highest follower count)
Nobody follows me other than some girls in my comm on FB

I wouldn't know. I just try to dress well

I would like more friends, not e-fame
>>
eh whatever ill give it a shot

cosplayer
mainly insta. I want to branch out but insta has a better community for gaining a following
just 300+, not very many but whatever
cosplay popular flavor of the month things. dont live like me
id like a bigger audience. sure i could lie and say i cosplay for myself but that would be untrue so yeah
>>
Lolita
instagram and tumblr
3k on my insta, 700 on my tumblr
Regular updates, responding to messages
definitely looking for more, especially on my tumblr
>>
>>9086842
forgot to mention, but SEO is a lifesaver
>>
>>9086845
How does that work?
>>
Lolita, with some other Jfashion mixed in.

Tumblr and Instagram mostly, I have a Facebook page as well but I'm not super active on it.

About 5200 on Tumblr, about 1800 on IG.

My social media is OC only, no memes or reblogs or anything. I can't say it would work for everyone but I guess it's the biggest thing that makes my stuff stand out.

I'm always thankful for a bigger audience, but I'm not actively pursuing it. I don't do f4f or anything like that.
>>
>>9086951
SEO stands for search engine optimization and is pretty much free targeted advertising. It means tagging (or using key words if your looking for google hits on a blog post or something) strategically so that people will find your content on their own through searches. That means tagging my coord pics with tags someone interested in lolita might search for rather than trending or super broad tags in a huge wall of text that will turn people off. So if I post myself wearing AP and Baby I might tag it as the brands, print name, and location if I'm at an event but other relevant tags would be jfashion, eglcommunity, lolitafashion, kawaiifashion, or sweetlolita because that's what people who like lolita will search for.

The easiest way to do this is to go look at what tags your target demographic is using on their own posts. Find some already popular people who post things similar to what you post and see which tags they all have in common. Then see how many posts are in that tag. If it's over 10k it's probably a good tag to use.
>>
Cosplayer/anime blogger with bits of lolita.
Instagram, Tumblr, and Twitter
550~ on Tumblr and very little on Insta and Twitter
Nope, I need those, I can't give any out
I want a much bigger audience. I haven't been very actively pursuing more, but I'd love to have an audience of at least 1,000+ on any platform.
>>
Cosplayer

Insta only

500+

I need them, lol. I gain very few followers. My content is good but generic.

I would like a bigger audience so I can reach the level of some local popular cosplayers that I want to befriend (especially Zekia and co, I know you browse here). They all seem to have a lot of followers and I would like to have the confidence to be able to approach them about groups, etc.
>>
>>9087067
Thanks! I'm a cosplayer and I generally tag cosplay, character name and source name. I guess that'd help more if I cosplayed more popular stuff.
>>
>>9086411
Cosplay

Tumblr, Instagram and Youtube

900-1k, slightly above 1k, 52

I can only say things for Instagram, as I've had my tumblr for literal years and has been gaining steadily regardless of content.
Instagram is relatively easy to get followers on, but posting regularly and in many different tags seems to be important. S4Ss are great if you've friends with bigger followings, but only if you're actually sincere about who you promote.

It's kind of a trap in that when I was smaller I thought 1k would be so cool, but once you're here you only want more. I try and be wary about WHY I want a following, but it's easy to get caught up in numbers.
>>
Lolita
tumblr, FB
700+
Dunno, I'm not that popular?
I'm quite happy. I rarely post anything but I always get 100+ notes so I don't really need more followers. The only thing that makes me sad is the decline of tumblr. I have the feeling that all lolitas are migrating to insta. I don't own a smartphone (not a money issue, I just don't want one), so tumblr is the only place where I can be. Once it's dead I have no platform where I can post my content anymore. And I don't post anything lolita related on facebook because I like to keep my privacy. So I enjoy the ride while I can.
>>
I am a jfash and a lolita.
Tumblr.
I'm obviously in no place to do that.
I would, I think my outfits and photos are pretty good and I'd like to share them. I feel like maybe I'm just really ugly and I don't know it and no one has the heart to tell me.
>>
Lolita and cosplay, as well as private posts about cooking and trips, shopping hauls.
FB,tumblr,insta.
67k on FB,54k on tumblr, 30k on insta.
Post high quality photos of your creations/outfits, WIP posts, try some humour, but never act offensive. Never state your honest opinion on any subject, remain neutral and fun. Don't be political or act all SJW.
I would like to go up to 100k or more, but it's not really something I would invest in or actively increase.
>>
Cosplay and jfashion.

Mostly Tumblr.

about 1500 followers.

Have a good sense of humour, be kind and helpful, post quality cosplay pictures as well as funny pictures.

Nah, I'm good.
>>
lolita/jfashion
Instagram and Tumblr
Insta: 169
Tumblr: 315
Idk, dress well, have a good camera/lighting and photo location.
Yeah I'm pretty happy with my current audience though it would be nice to have more followers but I'm not actively trying hard to get them. I don't have a lot of lolita clothes and gyaru seems to be unpopular, but it's always nice when my outfits get a lot of reblogs/likes (somewhere between 130-300, most reblogged outfit was 730 and most liked outfit has 94).
>>
>>9087303
You could still tag as cosplaylife, cpsplaygirl (assuming you're a girl), cosplayselfie, cosplaywip, or any other number of general cosplay tags to get exposure
>>
lolita/jfash

tumblr and facebook for comm stuff

low 600's

the success of a photo post has less to do with the quality of what you're wearing and more with how good it looks in photos. Also choose a content aesthetic and stick with it.

i'd like more mutuals/friends and a wider audience, but what i have right now is good too.
>>
lolita / j-fash / doing-whatever-I-feel-like-fash

I don't have any social media accounts, but I follow a couple people on tumblr.

no followers, no accounts.

Stop obsessing over popularity. Be genuine and do what you do because you enjoy it instead of doing it in hopes of being popular. People will naturally be attracted to a person who does things out of love rather than attention. (relevant: http://egl.livejournal.com/7084958.html)

Sometimes I think about how neat it would be to start a blog and have an actual audience to share my musings with, but in reality I don't want any popularity at all, for both personal reasons and a lack of interest in it.

Like someone else mentioned, what I would really like is a couple of genuine friends.
>>
I'm about 1.9k on Tumblr, 900 on Insta. I wish I could get to the point where people would message me to talk about stuff but I'm not sure if it's only very popular lolitas that this happens to, or if I just come across as uninviting. Weirdly, I've made more contacts through Insta, probably because the commenting system is much simpler and allows for conversation.

I'm pretty happy with the amount of followers I have, because I think it's allowed for me to get to know more people with similar interests.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.