[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things people do at cons that bother you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 40

File: Rave-Kid-2.jpg (90KB, 504x315px) Image search: [Google]
Rave-Kid-2.jpg
90KB, 504x315px
"Nah, I'm just here for the Rave man."
>>
"Yeah, I don't really like cosplaying too much. Isn't the focus of anime cons on, you know, anime and manga?"

"If the cosplayer isn't familiar with anime or manga, or doesn't care about it, then why go to an anime con?"

These piss me off to no end. And I always hear this kinda stuff from salty neckbeards that get pissy because they think we're stealing "their territory."

If anything, we're the only important part of the conventions, and their stupid little cartoon fandom conventions would be dead without cosplayers.

And yes, I hate anime and manga, but I like dressing up as the characters. I wish I could throw them out. Elitists contribute nothing to conventions.
>>
File: otakon conga line.jpg (67KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
otakon conga line.jpg
67KB, 600x450px
>>
deadpool cosplayers that think its okay to photobomb photoshoots etc.
here in kansas we deal with a certain deadpool that we call meth pool or dj deadpool but his name is andrew and he gets booted out of conventions everytime for being a little shit head.
>>
>>9070866
Yeah all the weirdos say that..

>>9070884
>"If the cosplayer isn't familiar with anime or manga, or doesn't care about it, then why go to an anime con?"

I think that's fair

>And yes, I hate anime and manga, but I like dressing up as the characters.

lol come on is this bait

People don't expect cosplayers, unless they're "pros/models" to not know what they're cosplaying, they might make the mistake of thinking you actually like that and what to talk about it rather than scope around for photo ops.

>>9070891
looks fun
>>
Being drunk dipshits and running around the convention during the late night and screaming or fucking around with their friends. Bluntly being disrespectful to other people and cosplayers and even unattended hotel stayers. I fucking hate drunk people at cons in general. Either learn how to fucking function as a respectful person when drunk and learn to hold your liquor, or fucking don't drink. Also fuckers who give alcohol to underage attendees.
>>
>>9071002
100% agree with you anon, that shit pisses me off to no end. Especially when the fuckers are drunk and proceed to hit on attendees much younger/underage.
>>
>AX 2015 full of people shouting JUST DO IT every minute of every hour of every day
>>
File: tumblr_mkxjvjXft71s5drvyo3_1280.jpg (131KB, 1255x703px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mkxjvjXft71s5drvyo3_1280.jpg
131KB, 1255x703px
>Deadpool cosplayers
>People with strollers/young kids/crying children
>Young teenagers
>Those weird dudes who aren't cosplaying but are dressed nicely because they want to be wearing something (???)
>People who yell at staff members who are doing their best
>Any "sexy" character that's just bad lingerie instead of just cosplaying a canonly sexy outfitted character
>No wigs
>Not taking out piercings or covering distracting tattoos
>People who try to talk to you as if you actually are the character you're cosplaying
>Dealers and Artist Alley people who yell at you saying they have your character and you /must/ buy it
>People wearing traditional asian wardrobe who don't bother to do hair or makeup or otherwise but any effort into their appearance
>Cosplayers who don't wear makeup
>>
>>9070903
Deadpool cosplayers in general just ruin cons.
Any people that like to be "lol random!11!!" and act like complete asshats just because they're cosplaying a certain character.

People that complain about the crowds/lines. No shit it's crowded.

Anybody that just goes in for a hug or touches people without asking . Just common sense, please.

Those people that think following you around is cool because they like your cosplay
>>
>>9071712

Oh my god there was this dude that kept following us around. We were like a teen titans group and he bugged us the whole time, it was so awkward and uncomfortable.
>>
>>9070866
Peole who think an anime con rave is a real rave.
No. Just no.
>>
Fursuits
>>
People with thirst who won't shut up.
>>
File: 1447204942654.png (309KB, 841x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447204942654.png
309KB, 841x720px
>people in bodypaint coming up announced to you and touching your cosplay
>>
>>9071716
I don't get the people that do that. Compliment someone, maybe talk for a bit, and move on. If they want to hang out with you, they'll definitely let you know.

>>9071740
apparently where I live has a pretty big, if not one of the biggest, furry groups. there's no escape
>>
>>9070866
>Pokemon gijinka cosplay
>Just some slutty chick in a bikini with some ears on a headband
>>
>>9071698
I had this happen last year when I was dressed as Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Some clearly 20-something dude asked me how the beast was doing and how I go about cleaning the palace and shit and I basically just walked away. Bitch, Im not there as a fucking face character and roleplaying in public is cringy as shit.
>>
>>9070884
I actually get bugged by cosplayers who haven't seen the thing they're cosplaying. It was excusable when anime wasn't available everywhere like it is now, but come on, at least make a token effort to watch the thing if you like the designs enough to want to dress up as them.
>>
>>9071698
>>People who try to talk to you as if you actually are the character you're cosplaying
Why why why do people do this? It always makes me uncomfortable as hell. It's one thing if it's another cosplayer from the series making a joke but it's always creepy when it's just a random person. In the same vain, people that tell you that you're their waifu...
>>
>>9070915
>Looks fun
It looks fun until you and 100 other people need to get to an event on the other side of the conga line, and have to wait for it to pass, during which time even more people come up behind you, leading to a traffic jam.

>>9071698
I'm fine with people dressed nicely. It's a convention, the point is to have fun. If you wanna dress up, dress up.
>>
>>9071753
I hate that too- unless it's a little kid, I'll play along with a kid because I'm not a dick but I'm not gonna fucking LARP my cosplay to someone way too old for that
>>
>>9070891
>everybody hands on shoulders
>not the guy on the left...
>>
Elitest group cosplays. I've met no end of groups that have this "holier than thou" attitude at cons, clogging up hallways and any space that you need to walk through having photographs taken.

To add to it, poorly designed Pokemon gijinkas, wrinkled beyond repair costumes, matted wigs, drunken con goers who ruin the entire weekend for everyone else with their bullshit and badly organised cosplay masquerades/contests are also an annoyance.
>>
>>9071750
>I don't get the people that do that. Compliment someone, maybe talk for a bit, and move on. If they want to hang out with you, they'll definitely let you know.

It's literal autism. Most people on the spectrum have trouble realizing how to interact with people. Some never learn.
>>
>>9071753
>>9071698

Maybe I'm weird, but I have no problem joking around with someone in character. Idk I feel like for me, cosplay is a way to be someone different for a day. I'm not going to go around being in character all day, but if someone initiates a fun convo I'm cool with it.
>>
>>9071740
>tfw I'm that person

Suiting is fun, no matter the con. People walking around publicly in their murrsuits, however, need to stop immediately.
>>
File: e05.jpg (39KB, 498x441px) Image search: [Google]
e05.jpg
39KB, 498x441px
>>9071724
I've over heard some babies in line to get into a con rave. They were complaining about con staff going through purses at the entrance looking for illegal shit before letting them in.

"This is bullshit, why do they care if we have shrooms/acid/etc.??? Ridiculous! This is bullshit! Why can't we bring it in?"
>>
File: eyyyy.gif (962KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
eyyyy.gif
962KB, 300x168px
>>9071760
>sitting down taking a rest during con, cosplaying as ruby from RWBY
>hear someone say "hey ruby! its your uncle!"
>look up
>its some greasy dude in a crow cosplay
>"can i get a pic, ruby?"
>he takes pic
>suddenly goes in for a hug
>"yaaay, thanks ruby!!"
>can'tescape.png
>have to move my crotch back to avoid him grinding his up against me
>mfw
>>
>>9071753
That reminds me of all the awkward shit I'd get when I used to cosplay Bakura from Yugioh. So many people doing cringeworthy imitations of LittleKuriboh's Marik voice, trying to get me to roleplay with them in public or some shit. I was almost happy when my Millennium Ring cracked, as I had enough of people trying to get me to sing Lady Gaga with them.

Related pet peeve is the fucking glomping, as that wasn't the first prop that broke thanks to an overtly ambitious hug. I just restrict any physical contact to Christian Side Hugs for photos, as I don't trust anyone anymore.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (43KB, 294x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
43KB, 294x200px
>>9071990
oh god no. reminds me of my first time ever cosplaying:

>sweaty guy in bad Umbreon cosplay asks friend and I for a photo
>we agree and walk away
>notice he's still a few feet away taking creep shots of us
>weirded out so we go to Dealer's Room
>he finds us in there and yells "FOUND YOU GUYS AGAIN! GROUP HUG!"
>hugs both of us really tight for an uncomfortably long time
>wanted to die
>>
>>9071740
Fursuits don't really bother me. I think they can be cute. Although when they're dressed in fetishy furry stuff that's when it gets a bit much.
>>
>>9070884
Kill yourself.
>>
>>9070891
most cons I go to have banned that
>>
>>9070903
Holy shit I've ran into this guy before. He's got a temper.
>>
Koreaboos who looks like street gang members. They are like Ravefags but already stoned.

People with loud stereos walking the halls

Deadpools. Had to shoo one off. Did it in a funny fashion
>>
>>9070884
There's a difference between not being a superfan and not knowing the character at all. It's a little odd to not know the character at all, and even odder to go to an anime con if you don't like anime, but if you're having fun why not I guess. I don't think that makes someone an elitist if they are confused why you're there.

I do hate con elitists though. One year my boyfriend wanted both of us to go as batman villains. I'm not into the comics but I've watched all the movies and loved b:tas so I picked Poison Ivy. Things were mostly fine but two people give me crap for not being a "real" fan.
>>
>>9070884
>And yes, I hate anime and manga, but I like dressing up as the characters.
check out this attention whore. time to kill yourself
>>
>>9070884
10/10 im seething
>>
File: big_1447389923_image.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
big_1447389923_image.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
>Be me at first out of state con
>With friend who is cosplaying Rose Quartz
>She wasn't borbidly obese but had the light chub to make the cosplay work
>Spend months learning to sew and working tirelessly to get her dress perfect
>It was amazing
>But that all changed when the Hetalia Cosplayers attacked
>Some fat cosplayer comes up
>After further research I'm pretty sure it was 2p England or something
>Ensue weeb glomp
>Stepped on dress with said glomp
>Spilled Coke all over the dress
>Dress ruined

Mfw
>>
People asking for photos when you're sitting down.
>>
>>9070884
kill yourself
>>
>>9071698
>>9071698
>People who try to talk to you as if you actually are the character you're cosplaying
If you hate this you're probably cosplaying a character you know nothing about.
>>
>>9072290
or that's just a dumb way to try and talk to someone and 9 times out of 10 the person is trying way too hard to be funny
>>
>>9071855
>People walking around publicly in their murrsuits, however, need to stop immediately.
They know little kids and people are going to want to hug them and get pictures and that's just fucking disgusting. If you have enough dosh to throw at a fursuit get two versions of it so you can go in public without wearing a giant cum stained carpet.
>>
>>9072011
Had an older guy in a dirty L closet cosplay repeatedly flag me down for hugs during a con when I wasn't cosplaying. It took until like the third or fourth time before I realized he thought I was Misa cus he was really generic in greeting me each time ("Hey you!" "Hello friend!" etc). Pretty sure he was there entirely just to hug jailbait Misas though
>>
>>9072313
I hope a murrsuit isn't what I think it is based on context clues.

I'm just going to pretend I didn't read this.

Goddamn fucking furries
>>
>>9072363
It's exactly what you think it is.
>>
File: scootypuff.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
scootypuff.gif
2MB, 400x400px
Niggas who ask you anime trivia when yo'ure talking a dump.
>>
File: by the emperor.jpg (312KB, 700x1690px) Image search: [Google]
by the emperor.jpg
312KB, 700x1690px
>>9072363
>murrsuits
>google it

Slippery slope doesn't exist they say. It's a fallacy they say. Who else is down for a good ol' PURGE?
>>
>>9070866
do most people that go to con raves ever actually to a real rave?
>>
>>9072400

Some yeah. Some just go to con raves because it's a local one that's happening when a real one isn't
>>
>>9072400
I'm in that sad group of people that can only go to con raves because my friends never want to do anything that doesn't involve anime.

Although it's all up to what is defined as a "real" rave. You could just say it's anything that's not a con rave. There are locally organized events that are billed and advertised as raves that have that same atmosphere, there are huge festivals that are sometimes referred to as raves, and there are straight up illegally organized raves. Locally speaking, you're MUCH more likely to just find the first option than you are at finding anything else.

Although spouting off about some arbitrary definition of what makes a """real""" rave is just stupid.
>>
>>9070884
Wow this bait was stupidly successful at getting a rise out of y'all.

C'mon, gulls, you're better than this. :^(
>>
>>9071698
>>9071760
>cosplay
>COStume
>rolePLAY

You retarded?
>>
Anyone who goes on a long triad about hating a con and how they'll never support it but then is seen ghosting the place every year.

If you're too cheap to buy a badge then just say so. I hate people who use the moral high ground as a way to cover up their unwillingness to spend money.

Bonus points for these people if they are paying for hotel all con days and are making multiple cosplays just for the con
>>
>>9071698

>No wigs
>Not taking out piercings or covering distracting tattoos
>People wearing traditional asian wardrobe who don't bother to do hair or makeup or otherwise but any effort into their appearance
>Cosplayers who don't wear makeup
>Those weird dudes who aren't cosplaying but are dressed nicely because they want to be wearing something (???)

Some people are more interested in dressing up moreso as a way to get in the spirit of the con as opposed to getting good photos and being stopped left and right. For them they're more interested in doing stuff at the con and just wearing a little bit extra since its a special occasion.

Also why do you have an issue with people dressing nicely who aren't cosplaying? How does seeing someone walking around in nicer that usual clothes irk you?
>>
>>9071760
> It always makes me uncomfortable as hell. It's one thing if it's another cosplayer from the series making a joke but it's always creepy when it's just a random person.

How the hell is that a real difference? Someone in casual clothes vs an actual cosplay is still interacting and making references in the same manner
>>
>>9072541
Its get anonnying, especially when its some shitty inside joke or they mistreat you because you cosplay a character they hate.
>>
>>9071698

Why is this a problem? Where I work, we have a really strict dress code, so when I'm at an event, especially a con, I like to wear a cute or fun outfit I normally don't get to wear.
>>
>>9071698
>piercing
my fucking negro
I loved colossal and as trump says "great people," but fucking hell that fucking pissed me off. half the cosplayers had them and i did not feel bad editing a bunch of them out because they blew up the illusion of the character. this may be my autism/REEE but yeah. I feel like we have achieved understanding.
>>
>>9071687
>AX 2009 full of people shouting YOU JUST LOST THE GAME every minute of every hour of every day
>AX 2010 full of people blowing FUCKING VUVUZELAS every minute of every hour of every day
>AX 2011 was a good year
>AX 2012 full of HOMESTUCK every minute of every hour of every day
>AX 2013 rinse & repeat of '12
>didn't go to '14 because of '13
what's it going to be this year? Overwatch memes?
>>
>>9072676
I actually really liked the 'JUST DO IT' thing. The other shit I fucking hated the other years, but 'JUST DO IT' always gives me a laugh.
>>
File: 1466415043109.jpg (5KB, 130x148px) Image search: [Google]
1466415043109.jpg
5KB, 130x148px
Exist.

But seriously: exist
>>
There's this guy at So Cal cons who walks around with a chain and a picture of the Chimera made from Nina and Alexander from FullMetal Alchemist and asks everyone "Have you seen my daughter?" It's super awkward because it's a sad part of the series and no one really knows what to say to him (either because they have no clue what he's talking about if they don't know the series or because it's just awkward). Like, we get it buddy, you had your clever moment, but it gets old, especially when he asks you multiple times every con. Note that I have never cosplayed anyone from FMA while he's done this, so it's not like he's targeting those who are clearly into the series.
>>
I've known/seen people just get day tickets for cons to be assholes to nerds and hit on 'easy' nerd chicks and cosplayers.
>>
>>9072541
Just because I'm in costume doesn't mean I'm roleplaying 24/7. Wtf logic is this? Everyone should be in character all the time?
>>
>>9072864
No, but your whore ass should be in character at least *some* of the time.
>>
File: bait.jpg (9KB, 293x172px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
9KB, 293x172px
>>9072882
>ALL COSPLAY IS ROLEPLAY
>YOU MUST ROLEPLAY TO PLEASE ME
>WHOREEEEEEEEE

Nah bb you went a little too hard with the bait. Try to reel it in a little bit next time.
>>
File: piercing hell.png (639KB, 460x548px) Image search: [Google]
piercing hell.png
639KB, 460x548px
>>9072648
piercings ruin everything
>>
>>9073035
at least her piercings match the suit
>>
>Im just here to drink at the after parties!

Really? You spent that much money on a ticket to do somthing you can do every other day?
>>
>>9072023
But fursuits have their own community and place. Unless it's a mascot suit they don't need to bust that shit out for the anime con.
>>
>>9071698
>Dealers and Artist Alley people who yell at you saying they have your character and you /must/ buy it
FFFFFFUCKING THIS
>>
>>9073035
I don't know. One piercing or tattoo doesn't bother me but once it gets to this level, I have to agree. Just put retainers in, not that hard.
>>
>group not meeting at specified location that was agreed upon so I could hand out badges and hotel keys

>missing a panel because you were busy helping someone navigate their big cosplay
>>
>>9073100
I hate this. I know people who do this and the worst thing is that they complain the whole time about how all cons suck. Drink at the bar and let the other people have fun at the con! Don't buy tickets that someone else actually might want and then complain about the con! It's also taking away the fun from the others when someone in the group is complaining the whole day.
>>
>>9071892
See, if I'd overheard this I would have gone and got the at least one real uniform cop cons always have for rave night and ratted them out to teach them a lesson.
Cons have to have real cops now because of ass hats like that.
Lets take back our nerd cons from idiot party trash.
>>
>>9072893
Cosplay is costume and roleplay mushed together to form one word. If you never ever get into character for even a minute you're just costuming, ja?
>>
People who go to con with you and won't do anything by themselves. I'ts so irritating to act like a parent to someone who is same age as you. Please make sure to wake up at the right time, remember to eat and drink (and buy your own food, don't just expect others to share theirs), buy your train/bus tickets,remember to pack everything you will need etc... Don't just think others will take care of you.

I have a friend who tags along me because we usually share a hotel room with her. Just because I book the room she seems to expect that I take care of everything else too. So I'm the one who also buys her con ticket and books her train tickets. At the con, everyone else staying in our room usually cosplays but she doesn't. Still she is always the one that is last to be ready because she won't wake up on time and when she wakes up, she starts asking who could share breakfast with her (and you have to prepare it to her too, because "uncooked food is yucky"). After that she need others to lend their makeups because she always forgets something. At the con she has to borrow cash from us because she always has only her credit card (also, you have to remind her several times before you get your money back). She's also so picky eater that we always have to go to eat where she wants. And there are a lot more of these kinds of irritating habits that means more work to me.

It's tiring to take care someone like this, make sure you won't be this big of a burden to your friends...
>>
>>9073247
Yes? That's kind of what cosplaying is, really. Maybe in the mid-90s all the "How-to-Cosplay" pages on Geocities preached being in character all the time, but no one really does that and when they do, it's usually pretty obnoxious.
>>
>>9073241
Hell, there are no shit 14 year olds at these parties. I do not want to deal with cops because some idiot druggie gave kids who knows what drug.
>>
>>9073298
Cosplaying is playing the role of the character you are dressed as. Costuming is just wearing a costume and being yourself. The majority of self-proclaimed "cosplayers" are just costumers.
>>
>>9073271
Sounds like you really need to drop that friend anon, you're not helping her by just doing everything for her. (In fact it's probably making it worse)

>>9073100
I hate this so much too.
>>
>>9073271
And you're still friends with this person why?
>>
>>9073379
>>9073493
She's a good friend of my other friends too and she's much more popular in our friend group than I am. She's much more outgoing than me and she's fun to be around if you're not the one who has to take care of her and since I'm that person who does all the work, our other friends don't get that irritated by her habits... I'm afraid that I'll be all alone if I cut ties with her since I would be the one to be kicked out of our friend group before her.... So yeah, I feel kinda desperate, either I'm alone or I keep acting like her babysitter.
>>
>>9072561
or they start announcing on social media that someone needs to lend them a badge bc they want to go to the dealers room.
>>
>>9073103
If I spent 2k on a giant shag carpet I would want to get as much mileage out of it as possible. I don't have any problem seeing them at anime cons. They have just as much right as people who dress up like video game and western cartoon characters. If teeny boppers can run around dressed as FNAF shit and Mabel Pines and slutty raver chicks can parade around in tutus and neon fox ears then fur bros can wear their giant wolf suits, whatevs. They're not entering costume contests so who cares?
>>
>>9073035
This looks diseased. I can forgive ears and it's easy enough to overlook nose piercings though why people don't just fucking tuck them in I will NEVER understand, but all that shit around her lips is honestly making me recoil in disgust while typing this.
>>
>>9072561
Ugh this is the group I used to be friends with. Bonus points if they complain how boring/etc the con is while lobby-conning.
And if they do stupid shit like schedule photoshoots at the con they're /not/ attending.
>>
>>9073372
Don't bother, dumb whores trying to dress like sluts in public for beta attention don't understand concepts like "devotion". It's not a real hobby to them, they'll just drop everything the moment they get bored or stop receiving paypal donations.
>>
>>9072174
>Deadpools. Had to shoo one off. Did it in a funny fashion
Storytime?
>>
>>9073724
you okay, senpai?
>>
>>9072676
>AX 2016: DAT BOI and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>9072683
It was mildly funny at first. Then got super annoying super quick.
>>
>>9072313
I was going to ask what a murrsuit is. I now no longer want to believe that is an actual thing.
>>
>>9073247
No, cosplay comes from "costume" and "play," not roleplay.
>>
>>9073372
Wrong.
Only cosplayers I've ever meet that roleplay are either autists or brand new. The really young do it the most iften, because they think they have to.
>>
>>9073584
This attitude is what allows them to exist in the con scene at all.
I hate you and people Like you more than the pondscum furries.
>>
>>9073035
am i the only person picturing her trying to eat spaghetti and it just tangling up/sliding back out the holes
>>
>>9070891
Delete this
>>
>>9071687
Just do it con was kinda entertaining
>>
File: Boofuckityhoo.gif-c200.gif (696KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Boofuckityhoo.gif-c200.gif
696KB, 200x200px
>>9073959
>>
>>9073995
Please review the purpose of this thread.
You can take it personally if you want, you're shit and you'll always be shit.
>>
>>9074002
>"Things people do at cons that bother you" not "shitpost edgy yiff in hell lulz"
But it's cool baby I ain't mad. <3
>>
I hate SJW bullshit and fat acceptance. No you look like shit. That is my opinion I'm not going to tell you that due to being raise with manners. Please stop fishing for me being ya girl your beautiful. It's not going to happen.
>>
>>9073724
Agreed. These are usually wearing next to nothing. True fans will cosplay whatever character they like regardless of how little skin shows. True fans also wont whore up a costume to get more likes on instagram.
>>
>>9074021
>true fans
oh boy
>>
>>9074016
When girls dress for their bodies and don't try to shove themselves into a size 3 with their fat rolls hanging out, then yes, sometimes they look great and I appreciate their confidence. But I also can't stand the whole "fat is beautiful" movement because it glorifies an unhealthy life style and those girls would look and feel better if they got themselves in shape. Like, sure, you're beautiful but you are killing yourself and you are missing out on so much by being morbidly obese and stubborn about it.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (89KB, 510x338px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
89KB, 510x338px
Cosplayers and photographers that ghost a con, but especially those that whine about being kicked out of a con for not buying a badge.
>>
>>9073271
I feel you so hard right now anon, I'm dreading my next con
My bf invited one of our other friends who has never been to a con and he is a stones throw away from being a "that guy" and he has no other friends so I KNOW he's going to be tagging along with us the WHOLE. WEEKEND.
I don't even really want to be friends with this guy much anymore and now I gotta share a room with him because we needed another person.
Can't wait to give up my fun just to play babysitter for a socially awkward geek who doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut.

...Sorry my salt levels have just been thru the roof since he told me.
>>
>>9071002
>drunk people at cons

Don't you mean drunk people in general?
>>
>>9074039
It's all a matter of preference in what one finds beautiful. I don't find over weight people beautiful as they are unhealthy and slowly killing themselves. They are free to feel what ever they want but need to top acting like others need to view them as 'beautiful'. I don't go around looking or asking people to find me attractive.
>>
>>9073742

It was during a LL! Photooshoot at Sakcon 2015. It was my first photoshoot and I was excited. So during the photoshoot there was a deadpoolguy makong silly faces and just being deadpool. While I didnt know about their rep until later on. I was gonna shoo him off by putting on my Wolf Cosplay mask and telling him to get on the ground like a civie hostage and he played along.

Pity I dont have cable ties
>>
>>9074031
True fans would want to look like said character. Not like some burlesque Halloween costume so some guy can fawn over them.
>>
File: 1467053419969.jpg (353KB, 608x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1467053419969.jpg
353KB, 608x1070px
>>9070884
Wowwee zowee, yer a feg. :^)
>>
>>9072400
I go to both, con raves are great for being a spaz though. Me and my friends do "interpretive" dance moves and see if we can get randoms to join in.
>>
>>9073954
>9072648
.....how am I wrong? I just literally recited the definition of cosplaying.

You're used to argue with the dictionary as a kid, didn't you?
>>
>>9073311
yeah you don't even have to peer pressure these nerd kids. Some stranger offers them drugs before con rave? Yeah! They often don't even ask what it is they want to be accepted so badly.
Then the kid freaks out when their heart rate is too high, they didn't eat all day except for some pocky and ramune, over heating and now for the first time they feel funny (first time fucked up and no guidance)
It is also sad and pathetic these people aren't cool enough to find a real fucking rave, so they do this shit at a nerd dance party.
>>
>>9073298
I don't do it the whole time, but wearing the costume changes my demeanor a little. I think it's affect of the outfit and my attachment to the characters.
But at least when loosing up for photos I'll try to do an in character line or two to get the right mood.
I said "If you never ever get into character for even a minute" I was not saying one should be in character all the time.
>>
>>9071002
lol if youre talking abou anime north that was me.. sorry mate.
>>
>>9070866
> Being under 18 while looking older

Shits confusing yo.
>>
>>9074218
Im talking about in general, but good to know another guy on /cgl/ is just as shitty as con goer as most dudes. Here's to hoping you are also that asshole Starlord from Fanime because then it would all make sense.
>>
>>9074143
Aren't you the one taking the definition a little too literally? Most people don't roleplay while they're in costume at an anime con.

>>9074164
If it's for a photo or something, that's differen. I wouldn't call that "roleplay" just posing in a character appropriate way for a photo. Most of the people who actually roleplay while they're in costume are really annoying.
>>
>>9073584
spotted the furry
>>
>>9073247
Cosplay is costume and play together you fucking sperg.
>>
>>9074013
Yiff in hell furfag.
Choke on your dog dildos.
>>
>>9074143
If you're a literal autist, a child, or new to cos, by all means, LARP allyou want, because that's what you're describing, acting out the character you're dressed as is LARPing.
It's cringy and annoying in anything but the smallest of doses.
>>
>>9071698
>>Those weird dudes who aren't cosplaying but are dressed nicely because they want to be wearing something (???)

Hey, sometimes I like to cosplay as an adult.

Also it really throws off the staff, and they think you are someone important or GoH. lol
>>
>>9073762
I really fucking hate memes.
>>
>>9074320
don't bother, they are virgins who came from the LARP thread and haven't talked to a woman that is not their family member in weeks
>>
>>9072743
This clown?
>>
>>9072743
There's a dude that goes to Otakon, dresses at Otacon, and has a big codec screen prop that says "Snake, this is where I go to buy my Japanese animes!"
I swear to God he's been carting that shit around for nearly ten fucking years.
It needs to end.
>>
>>9073035
Uh, its like having a dozen constant coldsores.
>>
>>9070866
Not wearing deodorant or bathing before showing up.

Some nerds have rancid BO. Even I'm aware when I get musky and wipe down in the bathroom
>>
>>9074238
iv had to say sorry to SO MANY guys at this point
i wanted start off the convo by saying "im under 18" but didnt want to seem like a bitch for amusing you wanted this jalibate

mods please im 18 now
>>
>>9074500
Which is why I really try to avoid the Game Room

Always smells like death
>>
>>9073584
Friendo youre missing the point. I'm saying they will enjoy themselves 1000x more in their space. It's like taking a small child to an office. Can they have fun pretending the staple puller is a monster? Yeah. Would they have more fun in a day care? Most defiantly.
>>
File: 1466823027198.gif (1MB, 680x570px) Image search: [Google]
1466823027198.gif
1MB, 680x570px
>>9072249
I swear Hetalia fags have no respect for quality whatsoever
>>
>>9074387
You're in the land of them though
>>
>>9074320
I've been to 32 conventions, judged half a dozen cosplay competitions, and won just as many myself. I wasn't out of place cosplaying; I fit right in with everyone else. Are you saying that everyone who attended every convention I have ever been to was wrong about cosplay? And let me guess: only *your* definition of "cosplay" is correct......
>>
>>9074957
what are you even talking about? the conversation was about how walking around all day at a con pretending to be the character your're cosplaying is pretty damn annoying. Case in point: Deadpool cosplayers
>>
>>9070884
>If anything, we're the only important part of the conventions, and their stupid little cartoon fandom conventions would be dead without cosplayers.
No. Get off of your pedestal.
>>
>>9071698
I've done that once, to a Hatsune Miku. All I said was a joke about her being on Letterman.

She didn't get it.
>>
>>9073247
Why is there a good portion who believe its role play? Its not.
And, another thing that is constantly wrong, cosplay didn't start in Japan either, the word was just made from a Japanese reporter who went to an american Scifi con.
>>
>>9071698

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>9073035
Trashy and disgusting. Probably a victim of child neglect, or has a severe mental illness. The only explanation for mutilating her own face.
>>
>>9075048
lol what is wrong with some of you? go back to your cave
>>
>>9075048
It's gonna be hilarious when she finishes (either graduates or drops out of) college and tries to get a job working anywhere besides Hot Topic.
>>
>>9075015
That's a one off joke, though. The people who go off at length ("LOL, HI, MIKU! HOW'S RIN! DO YOU LOVE GAKU???") are the ones that need to cool it.

>>9075036
They're using the definition on Wikipedia.
>>
>>9074653
at my local con last year the elevators broke and the only stairs to the rooms were right off the game room. god that was an awful experience.
>>
The jojo fandom is absolute fucking cancer
>>
>>9074238
> Being over 18 and looking 12
> Only getting hit on by gross pedos
>>
File: Ohshitnigga.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Ohshitnigga.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>9075426
>being over 18 and looking 12
>getting hit on by cute guy
>awww yiss let's flirt
>he asks you what high school you go to because turns out he's under 18
>tfw you graduated high school a decade ago and you just clam up and excuse yourself and walk away
>tfw you were the potential pedo
>>
>>9075323
I miss pre 2012 when jojo used to be cool...
>>
>>9070891
I'm so guilty of this lol, first con and first con rave. Idk, I had a lot of fun.
>>
>>9076166
Hipster trash.
>>
>>9075323
Why
>>9076166
What changed (genuinely interested because I started with jojo around....a bit before the terence d'arby episode just aired?)
>>
I hate it when I bring people to my hotel room but they won't fucking leave when I bring over a couple of girls to fuck. Bitch, I the hotel room is under my name and I want to use the fucking bed and not the bathroom you inconsiderate cunt.
>>
>>9076250
You gotta lay those ground rules out ahead of time man.
>>
File: 1461011608814.jpg (13KB, 224x216px) Image search: [Google]
1461011608814.jpg
13KB, 224x216px
>>9071698

>people who cosplay
>>
>>9076212
IME, the only thing that changed is that once the anime aired, more fans got into it. It's not like, Dangan Ronpa-tier bad, just the same old "more fans results in a proportionate amount of trash fans" thing.
>>
>>9070866
>anime cons and their "raves" are some of the few places I can see Japanese musical guests that wouldn't be able to come to the states to play otherwise
pls no bully OP
>>
>>9076284
>tfw Florida
>tfw every con around me thinks a "Rave" is shitty slow techno elevator music
>tfw most of them don't even play anything vaguely japanese or relevant to anime/gaming/etc like I remember them doing when I was a teenager
>tfw they are almost always near empty and the DJ looks suicidal
Where are you that they get japanese musical guests?
>>
>>9076212
>>9076279

JJBA easily has the most cancerous fandom on the planet because:

- The elitism. No other fandom comes close.
Look I get that it's a great fucking manga but fuck me if I can't remember the specific details of chapter 142 of SBR right? Some people legit have an ego over memorizing shit like this.
IT'S GODDAMN FUCKING PATHETIC

- Normalfags have flooded it and MUH MANGA READERS hate it. Look I get that it's a great manga, I'm caught up on jojolion, but no need to be a giant cunt to other people who haven't caught up.

Considering we all play dress up at japanese conventions, having an ego about this shit is fucking stupid. Fuck you to anyone that does this shit

In b4 hurr durrr buttmadddd
>>
>>9076333
Oh yeah the whole "read the manga" stuff is pretty goddamn shit.
I'm completely up to date too with the manga too and I really encourage people to read the manga, but just being a shit head that basically forced people to read the manga is just...wow. Come on man.
>>
probably ACen/AX
>>
>>9071995
>Christian side hug
Amazing, anon.
>>
>>9071698
>>9071712
>>9072174
Just call all deadpools "spiderman" and then have them get pissed the fuck off, they're especially oblivious to sarcasm
>"Hey look! Its spodermin"
>"Spiderman doesnt use guns, silly!"
I get the most pissed off people who cuss me out everytime, its great.
>>
>>9076314
obviously not florida

>>9076456
correct, + a few other cons, such as colossalcon
>>
>>9070884

I guess as /fit/ as I am I'll get lumped into your neckbeard territory. Why would you goto an anime con if you don't care about anime? You don't see me going to a rap battle because I don't care about rap.

This is likely bait but people like you are just awful. Gas yourself cunt.
>>
>>9074977
What am I talking about? You said I was either an autist, a child, or new to cos. My experience at cons proves that I'm none of those things.
>>
>>9071753
Your statement was completely correct when you said you were dressed as Belle. Because you most certainly weren't cosplaying.
>>
>>9076695
I wasn't that anon so I didn't call you those things but I think it's pretty clear, by most of the comments in this thread, that the majority of people at cons hate that crap. Roleplay if you want but don't get mad if someone ignores you or gives you a weird look
>>
>>9076212
Just the usual "as fandom grows, quality goes down" shit, really. The anime has become a magnet for "MANime XD" chucklefucks, nobody will shut up about how everything's a JoJo reference (even when it's just something vague like a character pointing at the camera), and there's the usual obnoxious memes that saturate any big fandom. The only difference with JoJo is that there's a lot of tension and elitism between the people who got into it with the manga and the new blood brought in by the anime.
>>
>>9074957
Yes, you're such an authority on cosplay, that's why you've been Live Action Role Playing this whole time.
>>
>>9076698
>>
>>9076534
sorry I forgot to quote your post but glad it still made sense

I wish I got to see USAO when he came to the states. I just downloaded his set online after he put it up
>>
>>9076698
This doesn't even make sense as a bait?
>>
>People dressed as Deadpool thinking they can get away with stuff because "lol i'm Deadpool"
>Guys dressed as some skimpy female character thinking it's the funniest thing ever when in reality it's been done to death
>Neckbeards who just dress as something that has a duster or trench coat. Kirito and Gilgamesh being chief offenders
>>
>>9074476
he is still fucking doing that?
>>
>>9077010
sad that both korsk and ryu played a con in Orlando and the con only gave 2 weeks of notice, I would have gone if there was more time to plan.
>>
When the hotel room is put on your card and people keep breaking open the expensive snacks stashed all over the room.
>>
>>9077114

Personally i think neckbeards cosplaying as doc oc from spidey 2 would be the best possible use of a trenchcoat
>>
>>9077114
>deadpool at all
It was bad enough before the movie. I dread cons now.

The only good DP I (personally) saw was when a plain clothes dude came up to me in a red MMPR mask, a shitty Halloween one, and lifted it up to reveal a SUPER legit DP costume.

He was DP cosplaying MMPR.

I loved it. Wasn't even a douche about it.
>>
>>9071839
I don't mind either. I cosplay from several series that I know and really like so I'm ok with role playing my characters.
>>
>"look at those disgusting weaboos, they are all filthy weaboos" *goes to con and do nothing but complain*
>people automatically assume that you are a power tripping asshole just because you are a staff (or, like previously mentioned, a disgusting weaboo)
>>
Glomping
>>
>>9070884
Yikes
>>
>>9077104
I think they're trying to say that it's only cosplay if it's from a Japanese source, since you know it's not like cosplay originated in the West or anything. Or it's roleplay-chan again.
>>
>>9078910
I seriously thought nobody did this anymore until
>at small, local comicon
>get a picture of a Chrona cosplayer
>can't be older than twelve or thirteen
>group of rowdy Homestuck cosplayers right near us
>one of them spots the girl
>screams, runs over, and jumps on her
>refuses to get down even as girl is near tears
>rest of the group just stands and stares
>>
>>9078921
And you didnt help her? Rough game dude.
>>
>>9078910
>>9078921
Thank fucking god glomping is nowhere near as prevalent as it used to be. That shit was awful.
>>
>>9078999
Her mom was there with her. If she was alone, I would've done something more
>>
>>9078916
It's roleplay-chan again.
>>
>>9079069
>Her mom was there with her
Did her mom do anything or was she stunned as fuck that this stranger was jumping on her kid?
>>
>>9079117
She was pretty floored, I felt bad for both of them because it looked like their first con. She did say something and the girl eventually got down but it was a sight to see. First time I ever saw that happen IRL
>>
File: 558.jpg (149KB, 599x597px) Image search: [Google]
558.jpg
149KB, 599x597px
>>9074476
>see this show up on instagram

This your guy?
>>
>>9073970
I get it's just a funny image, but nothing goes through the holes when there's jewelry in them. If they are taken out, the holes are still too small for spaghetti to just fall through. I do wonder about how comfortable the one in the middle that goes right through her bottom lip is. That's the only one I can imagine actually giving her trouble eating. I guess she would get used to it though.
>>
>>9073103
By your logic, people in gaming related or normalfag clothes shouldn't be at cons either and fursuits do exist in Japan and are part of jfashion.
>>
>>9071002
Lol that is me and you are mad because we are having more fun than you!
>>
>>9076314
Did you pass up Megacon this year? Bemanistyle had a few Japanese DJs doing the Saturday night rave.
>>
>>9079577
I had to. Not enough notice beforehand, was going to a different con that weekend already.
>>
>>9079586
Momocon I assume? And yeah, they were really dumb announcing it that late, but it's possible it was just finalized or something. I never even got to go in the end but I heard it was pretty good.
>>
>>9079589
yeah I get why it happens, but plans are plans. Gammer was good, though!
>>
>>9073035
Brothers mouth looked like that once. He was 1 and a half and he just ate some oreos.
>>
>>9079327
"More fun". Yeah because not liking how sick I feel when drinking alcohol is clearly my fault biologically for not having fun. Credit for the bait, but if you equate having fun to be only being able to have with when drunk as fuck? Get better friends to hang around with. Preferably not the minors youre giving booze to.
>>
>>9076333
I feel you anon, I'm glad that the anime was there to introduce me to something really cool (and jojolion has been a blast so far).

Probably people with portable speakers or other loud music devices indoors. I was tabling in an artist alley the year when Gangnam Style was released and there was a girl blasting over and over it walking around the hall. Never saw the appeal of doing that.
>>
People who put together a "cosplay" with a bunch of random stuff and without attempting to be a specific character.
For example people in generic faux medieval fur and armor saying they're cosplaying skyrim.

Also people in cosplays that look like street clothes with a wig, but don't bother to make sure the wig looks really good. No I can't tell who you are your cosplay relys 95% on the wig and all you did was get one in the same-ish color and length as the character and didn't style it at all.
>>
>>9079243
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZenhUdWuqU
>>
>>9079319
I mean... i do hold that belief and i dont particularly care for t-shirt folk at cons. But for reasons unrelated from my line of logic on why fursuits arent the best at anime cons. And although yes japanese fursuiters exist, they have their own style that isnt wide spread, it is a mighty stretch to say that it's a part of jfashion. I honestly think cons were better when they were focused on their topic instead of these general interest festivals that they are now. I don't think that is an outlandish statement.
>>
>>9072893
This just makes me want to watch the emperors new groove again
>>
>>9073271
I have a friend who is kinda of weeb. She is sweet, but she's not very put together. I staff at the con and she always ask me "anon when is you event this year."
I never reply now because 1) you have a fucken schedule 2) you always find a fucken excuse to not go "oh I didn't know it was today"

I have quite a few friends who always tell me they will come and never do.
>>
people who clearly don't get out much and have zero self/situational/spacial awareness doing stuff like
>stopping for photos at the top/bottom of escalators.
>swinging their big-ass props in crowded areas.
>stopping abruptly in the middle of foot traffic.
>when it's NOT crowded and idiots walk two inches behind you and constantly flat-tire you
>>
>>9080222
UGH. I never understand this. I especially hate it when you're trying to get somewhere and a group of people just...stop right in the middle of a hall as if there's not a bunch of people behind them.
>>
this is specific to me, because I do a lot of Game of Thrones and period drama cosplays with long skirts, none of which have trains, and no matter how conscious i am to hold them up/close to me in traffic, clueless idiots walking one direction and looking in another ALWAYS step on or stand on my skirts. maybe it's my fault for always picking long dress cosplays but I'm not gonna stop lol.
>>
>>9080230
generally a lot of people don't know how to walk in crowds, that are constantly moving, especially if they're from the suburbs. I live in Manhattan, so I'm so used to crowds and I have so little tolerance for people who don't know basic common sense about navigating them. Or they're young and stupid and very wrapped up in their own fun.
>>
I went to a rave once. Never again.
>>
>>9080284

Why? What happened
>>
>>9080240
I'm from the suburbs but it's basic awareness of your surroundings. I've been guilty of getting a picture in a traffic area only because the person just stops me. I've only had one time where I was able to say, "sure! Let's just move to a different area!".

Another annoyance of mine: when people try to take pictures in the Artist's Alley or Dealer's Room. At least move away from the tables. I've done it myself without thinking but it's definitely aggravating when traffic is already packed in there.
>>
>>9080300
It was fucking lame, that's what happened. And I had to get really, really drunk because my friend kept trying to get me to be his wingman to these 2 horrific, terrifying donkey women, and I needed an excuse not to.
>>
>>9080313
To be fair, you have to be drunk to enjoy raves at anime cons. It's awkward asf otherwise
>>
>>9079327
You sound underage as fuck.
>>
More of a normie complaint but even in 3016 in pretty crazy progressive states like California I still get normies asking "What is even happening? What is this? You're supposed to be Ariel? Am I supposed to know who that is?"

People are always talking about how cosplay and cobs are so omg mainstream now but I don't buy it until I can go through a con with hearing any of that
>>
>>9079294
I know a girl who can squirt water through her piercing holes like a human face fountain. Mostly it just dribbles out and it's pretty disgusting.
>>
File: image.jpg (996KB, 2446x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
996KB, 2446x3264px
>>9080313
>>9080332

Really? The one i went to wasnt bad, it was in a dark room with music playing and people dancing in the center, we even had a guy use his light saber to play limbo.
>>
>>9080595
>it was in a dark room
>there was music
>people were dancing

Anon....that sounds like basic event 101. Were the DJs decent? Was the crowd hyped? Good dancers? The lightsaber thing just sounds kinda lame.

Otakon rave last year was pretty packed and even then I had to get drunk to really get into it. I had a blast dancing and there was a pretty big dance circle in the middle/some really great dancers. The music was great until the end when the last DJ started playing dubstep.

Even though I enjoyed myself, when I first tried to hang out in there sober and it was just too weird.

Might just be because the only way I can deal with sweaty people all over me in an enclosed space is drunk
>>
>>9072683
It wasn't funny at any point and it definitely felt like a Freshman highschool reunion every time an autist screamed it out of nowhere.
>>
>>9080478
But what you are describing is the normie complain, normies go check shit out without knowing anything
>>
File: SorryMaid.png (350KB, 488x382px) Image search: [Google]
SorryMaid.png
350KB, 488x382px
>>9073542

Hmm yeah, I can see the problem there.

I am not 100% sure what you should do. I'd try stopping the help cold turkey with ONE warning to her that she's gotta take care of it cause <Make Up Excuse Here>

Dad has been sick lately and needs more help
Job has been on my ass lately so I gotta concentrate on that
School has been hellish so I have to worry about that
This costume is taking ALL of my concentration to figure out so...

That way you have an excuse to your other friends so they won't look at you in a bad light.
As for borrowing make up...nope. Tell her your skin has been weird lately and unless she wants hers to go nuts then she probably doesn't want to borrow yours.

Also tell her to cash advance her credit card cause your budget is tight and won't allow for other's mishaps with money.
>>
>>9070866
people who get aggressive and stupid when they drink. people who try to start confrontations in general. it's happening more and more as cons are turning into places "I'm such a nerd" normies come en masse to dress slutty and hook up at parties.

some drunk guy in a carboard box robot kept running through the con floor drunk at my last con, assuming people would move out of the way for him. he tripped and fell when he tried to run through me because I didn't move for him (I'm a large, athletic guy) then tried to get aggressive and start shit. i very calmly flagged down security who happened to be watching the whole thing from across the room and he was immediately thrown out.

also, one on one photography shoots that take up huge amounts of space at the convention, and photogs/cosplayers who get pissy when people don't respect the large chunk of public space that they've mentally cordoned off.

at least take it off grounds or up to a private room or literally anywhere where there aren't thousands of people trying to move around, and stop trying to tell people off when you're literally in the middle of the walkway crossroads in a busy arcade or lobby or whatever jesus christ.
>>
>>9073542
Why does it have to be black and white you vs her? Nobody else in your group gets shit for not babying her, so why would you? Just stop doing it, and stop trying to turn it into some kind of fight. If they honestly give you shit for not pampering poor little princess, they probably aren't your friends to begin with.
>>
>Can my friend take a picture with you?

It doesn't bother me at all. I just wonder why that is. Shyness?
>>
>>9074457
>Ukuleles & Coffee

jesus fuck I hate this millennium
>>
>>9082324
Ya. If the friend is too shy to ask him/herself, a less socially weak friend does it for them.

When I was super autistic back in early HS and wanted pictures at cons, a female friend would do that for me too.
>>
>>9082460

I dont get it whats so bad about it
>>
File: 1449784117414.jpg (45KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1449784117414.jpg
45KB, 600x400px
>>9079600
>>
File: 1396921237937.jpg (102KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1396921237937.jpg
102KB, 640x427px
>>9079600
underrated post
>>
People who get mad at you for walking in the background of their shot.
I was once at a con outside with a friend and some people were having a private photo shoot. We weren't up in their business just standing near by waiting for a friend when one of the girls started angrily flailing her limbs at me until we moved. I'll move out of your shot no problem but for god sakes can't you use your big girl words and kindly ask us to move instead of angry miming at me?
>>
>>9082795
Yep! And those people that take up an entire section of the hallway and get angry when people need to walk past. Maybe don't have a photoshoot with a group that large inside.
>>
File: 1467081751128.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1467081751128.gif
982KB, 320x287px
>>9071698
>No wigs

>>9073982
Agreed. If you hate shit like that don't even go to cons, you're just a prude.
>>
>>9083919
>don't like people shouting memes
>prude

I don't think that word means what you think it means
>>
>>9082795
Private photo shoot.
Public con hallway.
No.
>>
>>9077114
At a con I was at, some guy was sitting behind me in a trench coat with a cane. He was rubbing the cane against his crotch. He was caught jerking off the previous night, and wanted to be more secretive this second time around.

He got caught again, and he was escorted by staff out of the con for the second night in a row.

You wish I was making this up.
>>
>>9083973
Pretty sure public masturbation is illegal but of course cons don't want any bad publicity so 'escorted out' is all they will do when they should be taking names and pressing charges. Lots of unchaperoned under-aged kids, so security should be more strict when they catch anything like this much less two days in a row.
>>
File: 1371054624514.jpg (42KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
1371054624514.jpg
42KB, 450x338px
> people who randomly decide to befriend and follow you because they assume that you being alone at any point means you are now their con BFF
> people who steal shit from the AA / Dealers
> people who take photos of you while you are eating
> people who say "I could make that for less" in the AA (usually about things that require significant skill)
> people who complain because handmade or custom printed clothing items aren't walmart prices
> people who don't bathe
> photographers who hit on teenage girls
>>
>>9083978
2:30AM in a hentai room where we are ID-checked at the door is hardly the place unchaperoned underage kids will be hanging out.
>>
People making excuses for those who don't bathe. A staff member at a con I used to go to publicly stated that forcing people to not stink was "body-shaming" because some people are allergic to perfumes and deodorants. Gee, I wasn't aware that perfume and deodorant are the only ways to make yourself not be a walking BO cloud.
>>
>>9080222
>TFW my gf is like this
>have to push her out of people's way and other things
>she gets mad at me for being rude
I was wearing a scout trooper helmet that has blinders on the side and I had more situational awareness.
>>
>>9074265
I don't find a thread with tips for the play part of cosplay. It's make few years I do cosplay but I'm not really sure how fare I have to play the character , I usually just do the poses and facial expressions . I do one time a homestuck characters ( sorry,at least I was wearing gloves ) but I don't try to imitate his voice because I was not enough trained and I'ts really annoying for others peoples
>>9076333
I'm pretty new from this fandom, I'm okay with you, the fandom start to become big, it's why it's start to be like that, but hopefully there is good peoples too ( I think, there is also terrible tumblurina who are " j o j o - k i n " , sorry, I start to be off topic )
>>
>>9084012
Yeah but where was he the rest of the time? And dong what?
>>
>>9084022
Also, isn't just putting deodorant and or perfume when you already reek like a vile animal even worse? Kind of like dousing a turd with febreeze. It's still a turd.
Just take a damn shower before going out of your room you filthy autist, aren't you ashamed?
>>
>>9084022
There is literally no excuse. Take a damn shower. The amount of ungodly B.O. I've had to smell at cons should be illegal. Hell, I always end up showering twice a day while at cons
>>
>>9084011
>> people who randomly decide to befriend and follow you because they assume that you being alone at any point means you are now their con BFF

>A neckbeard followed me around and carried my bag for 2+ hours because "he liked my cosplay".
>He started following me and once he saw me pick my bag back up after pictures he offers to carry it.
>Tell him no each time he asks but he picks it up anyway while someone is taking my picture
>Think oh well if he tries to make off with it I can out run him.
>This whole time he barely talks or anything just acts as a mule for a bag with a pair of flip flops in it

It was the weirdest shit. I am not even a cute girl or a girl at all. Even if he wanted to make a friend he really didn't try at all, just carried my bag.
>>
> Gay Pride people going to an anime convention or game expo to treat it like it's a pride event
They are more annoying than the ravers who just "go for the rave".
>>
>>9084022
A local con I went to had to make a post about people in the game room to be reminded to shower/wear deodorant before going inside because it was unbearable.
>>
File: 1442541344007.jpg (60KB, 450x331px) Image search: [Google]
1442541344007.jpg
60KB, 450x331px
>someone asks if they can take a picture of your cosplay
>say yes but say that we should move off to the side as to not block people trying to move through the hall
>they stay in the same spot and block even more people from getting through
>>
File: hades read your post.gif (396KB, 400x223px) Image search: [Google]
hades read your post.gif
396KB, 400x223px
>>9084705
and here's some fresh stdh.txt
>>
>>9084754
Pax Prime.
Seattle.
>>
>>9084022
One thing most Asians can dodge carrying the recessive trait lacking the BO gene, smelling less. Almost non-existant among Koreans.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 117x267px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 117x267px
>>9084022

Oh god i just remembered this. I went to camdens comic con, a small free con, nice place, but JESUS their gameroom whifh was mostky tabletop games it REEKED, one of the most foulest things ive ever smelt, it smelt like unwashed body fat, dirty wet underwear and broken dreams. Worst part was that all the panels were past it so every time i had to breath in that digusting stench. For the love of god,allah buddah whatever please just take a shower and put on deodorant.
>>
>>9084022
That's the reason I always have a gasmask. The look on their faces when I tell them why I wear it. Hillarious
>>
>>9072541
Cosplay is NOT roleplay.

The little roleplay is only for photos, videos and cosplay contest on stage. That's all!
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 167x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 167x200px
>>9084022
>>9084465
>people who don't shower at least every other day normally.
I always thought this was a rumor because I never met anybody who didn't shower at least once a day. Then I went to a con. Oh my fuck how can you stand to feel the grease on your hair and skin? I need to take a shower just thinking about it.
>>
>>9074457
The thing I don't get about this is that he shouldn't be flaunting it and asking around about Nina because in the series he was trying to keep it a secret that he used his daughter and the dog to make a Chimera. Like I can get his gib if it made sense but it totally goes against what the character tried to hide from Ed in the series. Sorry for the weeaboo rant.
>>
>>9074957
Ahahahaha seriously stop though, you're somehow getting more autistic the more you reply. The most common definition is costume+play and it's what other anons said, you don't have to be "in" character mode 24/7 and people referencing the same thing in a series can get annoying pretty quickly.
>>
>>9076212
>TO BE CONTINUED LMAO XD
>>
>>9086669
By definition it is though cosplay is a tunicated contraction of costumed and play acting playing a role, role play).

That being said, even if the only acting is for photos I still count it as cosplay, although I prefer individuals who hold themselves and have the demeanor of their cos'.
>>
>see cosplay from series do you like and your favorite characters
>go to the cosplayers, take photos and talk normal and nice with the cosplayer about the series and characters
>the cosplayer don't know the character/series and do it only because it looks great
WHY? I hate this so much!
Such half-hearted cosplayers without fan-heart...
This kind of cosplayers do cosplay only for attention.
>>
>>9088764

that's the thing that is upsetting. most people cosplay a character they love and put in effort, time and money to create a costume and make their favorite character come to life.
you would think you could come up to those people and talk about how much you also love that character, right?
it's so dissapointing when they know nothing and theyre just doing it because it's a flavour of the week character or they do it because it's 'cute/sexy'

just my opinion tho
>>
>>9088764
This is why I only cosplay a few characters that I love. I love to take photos and talk with other fans of my favorite series. I think it's ok to just play what you like, I guess but there is no satisfying connection with other good fans.
I would miss that.
>>
>>9071778
Aw, I don't mind. You see their eyes light up when they spot you, maybe it was their fave when they WERE a kid, yeah I'll RP it. I don't go around free form LARPing like the dead pools but I'm 'in character' a lot in interactions.
>>
>>9088767
Not only the character. I want to talk with these cosplayer about the series in general and their opinions etc.

>>9088770
I was some years ago a active cosplayer and do always unusual characters and series. My animu taste is unusual too and I'm very happy when other fans recognize my costumes. I do cosplay for me as fan and also to meet other fans.
>>
>>9071751

Alternatively

>Pokemon Gijinka
>Just some manwhore with no shirt and a waxed chest looking to show off his 'gains'

Fuck right off
>>
>>9080093
>Gangsta shoot
>girl claiming to be Alex
>wearing random dress she likely found in her closet
>doesn't even look like anything the character would wear
>has the nerve to try and fix my bangs (cosplaying Alex as well)
>literally tries to touch me without warning
Would it be wrong to upload a picture of her? I feel like it doesn't even belong in the bad cosplay thread because she's not even wearing anything the character ever wore.
>>
>>9076212

Because every person I know that is in someway connected to it, whether an oldfan or a newfan is an elitist douchewad of the HIGHEST caliber and lord have fucking mercy on you if your opinion of their show differs in any way.

The show is shit, has been shit, and will always be shit. There is no such thing as a true Jojo fan. You either worship it like a modern religion or you ironically like it because they referenced an 80's band your parents used to fuck to.
>>
>cosplay as Austria from Hetalia because I love the character
>I'm super cute & handsome at the same time
>go to a Hetalia meet for the very first time
>most Hetalia cosplayers were really cringy
>some Prussia tries to annoy me because "that's what he would do to Austria...!"
>tries to kiss me
>"haha, Austria, your face is priceless!!!"
>I almost start crying but others think I'm just trying to be "moe"
>I contact my friend & we go hang out somewhere else
>didn't have the courage to tell what happened earlier because it was cringy as hell
>that Prussia happens to see me later & says their group would like to have me in their "party"
>hellno.jpg
>I just make an excuse so I don't have to be in their "roleplay"
>goes to sleep only to have nightmares
>>
>>9088823
that's what you get for liking Hetalia
>>
File: 1409849188747.png (111KB, 453x599px) Image search: [Google]
1409849188747.png
111KB, 453x599px
>>9088823
>I'm super cute & handsome at the same time
>>
>>9088839
people trying to rape someone in the name of roleplaying? that's just sick, man
>>
>>9088871
the Hetalia fandom is full of 13-14 year old weebs. I don't really know what anon expected
>>
>>9086691
maybe their sense of smell is broken
>>
>>9088823
The Hetalia is fucking big cancer! Hetalia is not my taste but I'm ok with people they likes this BUT the fandom is really fucked up!
>>
>>9088811
Not true. A few of my friends really like it to the extreme but they confine their fan behavior to friends in the fandom. Never annoying outside of it. Not all fans are douchey, just the ones who do not know how to behave.
>>
>>9078910
My friend got knocked over in a glomp fail. The person tripped and felling them. It was weird.
>>
File: cuteandhandsome.jpg (118KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cuteandhandsome.jpg
118KB, 1280x720px
>>9088850
>cute&handsome
>>
>>9071751
jesus fucking christ THIS just at least try to be imaginative and pick some other pokemon than an eeveelution for a change
>>
>>9088764
I fucking hate it when this happens. I've gone up to cosplayers to talk about the same series I'm cosplaying from and they just barely recognize my character and don't know anything about the source material to put up a discussion because they just saw the character design and nothing else. And then go online to complain about being "harassed" by some "freaky obsessive fan" who "questioned them" about the character. And apparently "not everyone can know EVERYTHING about it!!!11". Like fucking seriously. I'd say the least you could do is to recognize one of the main characters for fuck's sake.
>>
Last time I was at a weeb event there was a dude who literally reeked of urine. He was in closet cosplay and posed for the drawing corner and afterwards pestered all the people to let him take photos of the sketches. He hovered around until he saw a girl he knew and hugged her for an awkwardly long time. I felt so bad for the girl, she tried to step back as he continued to talk to her but was met by a fucking wall.

Pretty sure he had mental issues because of how unaware of himself he was and how everybody just put up with it. Worst day ever.
>>
>>9083973
Oh I heard about this, some of my friends told me what happened. Sure wish I was on site to see this unfold.
He hid inside a bathroom thinking it would be a safe haven
>>
>>9090241
>And then go online to complain about being "harassed" by some "freaky obsessive fan" who "questioned them" about the character. And apparently "not everyone can know EVERYTHING about it!!!11".
Oh shit...
Cosplayers without fan-heart are just attention whores for me.

I think it is important to know about the series and character and extra bonus you like this too. You must be not a hardcore-fan. Knowledge about the character/series and be a normal fan is more than enough.
>>
> be 24
> High Schoolers think I'm one of them

iktf
>>
>>9090511
24? This is pretty young if you ask me.

>be 29 (soon 30... fuck...)
>many people think I'm early 20s
Not only on conventions. Also in the normal real-life. I'm a guy.
>>
>>9090511
>talk to group of chill cosplayer
>go to add them on Facebook
>they're all 15 and in high school
>be almost 22

Every fucking time. I can't even be mad coz they're all a lot less cringy than I was at that age...
>>
>>9091187
For me the "young" people on these days looking fucking old. I seen often 21 years old guys who looks like end 20s or 30! I'm soon 30 and many people would never belive I'm such a old dude. Well... well... to my young days with 16 years old many people think I'm a 12-13 years old boy. I'm look always younger. Sometimes meh but sometimes awesome!
>>
>>9071760
I hate this so much too!
Sometimes I think "I'm too old for this shit!".
>>
>>9070891
When you spend several hours in line, you tend to go crazy once you actually get to move.
>>
>>9084510
>>9084011
This worries me since I'm likely going to a con alone and I want some people to accompany me
How do I make friends at a con without seeming "creepy"?
>>
>>9073762
There wasnt any maga this year you twat. there was maybe a couple of DAT BOI but no election things WHAT SO EVER
>>
>>9091227
It's most likely because of alchohol & smoking.

And you probably have a babyface & haven't done above things a lot(?)
>>
File: GSbook09.jpg (168KB, 777x993px) Image search: [Google]
GSbook09.jpg
168KB, 777x993px
>>9088764
>cosplaying detective Ema Skye from Ace Attorney, complete with a bag of (fake, because I suck at baking) snackoos to carry around
>at AA meetup/shoot, see only one guy cosplaying Klavier
>try to chat with him and see if we can take some pictures together because I always liked their interactions in the game
>he tries to eat a snackoo but I tell him they're just props
>"Uhhh why would you carry fake food around? That's retarded."
>clearly has no idea who I'm even cosplaying
>insists on taking huggy pictures with several (obviously underage) Maya cosplayers
>even one younger Ema even though he clearly doesn't know who she is either
>...is this guy here to pick up teenage girls? Did he pick Klavier because he's a "sexy" character?
>dude in question is fat, greasy and his wig is shit so good luck with that buddy

Ended up befriending some other cosplayers at that shoot who thought he was a creeper, too. Somewhere online there is a video of me throwing snackoos at him from a distance.
>>
people who are super shy as fuck and are scared to talk...always annoyed me about weebs.
>>
File: nigga.jpg (107KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
nigga.jpg
107KB, 640x960px
this stupid doofy black nigga who cosplays every stupid person and makes it look more stupider. posts photos with chicks the well known legendary black man cosplayer! Terry Hall!
>>
>>9092183
lol you really hate him, don't you?

I'll admit that his make-up is godawful but I don't really know anything else about him
>>
>>9092196
he is just so fucking weird. and he looks like a troll. and yeah real men do not wear make up.
>>
>>9092211
It's a good thing when men wear makeup for cosplay, anon.
Would you rather see a greasy ass face or a more presentable face?
>>
>>9092211
>real men do not wear make up.
>you're on a board where men dress up as cartoon characters
>>
>>9092179
I know what you mean.
Some people act just like super shy (because it's cute uguu) but these people are not shy. Very strange.

About me: I'm very introverted but not really shy.
I don't want to disturb people.
>>
>>9092183
DAT FACE
>>
>>9092211
>real men do not wear make up.
This is seven kinds of stupid
>>
>>9092250
maybe hes gay lol
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 340x340px
>>9092183
>more stupider
>>
>>9091614
I literally just searched up "Doc Oc cosplay last night" out of the fucking blue. Was NOT dissapointed.
>>
>>9092095
Post pics
>>
>>9092183
>Kingdom Hearts fag
No wonder! Why are the most people such weebs and people without adult behavior from fandom by (in my opinion) shitty series? Series and things what I like are pretty rare and when I meet other fans, they are so much more mature than people from typical shounenfag series, Hetalia, Kingdom Hearts or whatever.
>>
>>9076250
The b8 is strong with this one.
>>
>>9084705
This to be honest.

>excuse me *character name * can I get your picture?
>I identify with they them pronouns.
>oook but I didn't.
>ugh! Homophobic trash!

Shortened but true.
>>
>>9088808
Do it.
>>
File: 101.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
101.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>9092405
I think she had heels but took them off.
>>
>>9092409
Top Kek.
>>
>>9092402
You should respect their pronouns then. It's not like they are asking for your first born child. Always address people as gender neutral until you know their preference.
>>
>>9092420
This better be bait
>>
cosfamous slut bag whores.
>>
>>9092527
someone's jealous
>>
>>9092250
uhhhh makeup for cosplay is 100% necessary, especially if you're going to be getting photos taken, even if you're a dude.

I have seen him up close and his makeup is really really bad. Not of fan of his wig styling either but probably just a nitpick.
>>
>>9092304
What the fuck are you even saying?
>>9092232
fucking this
>>
>>9092666
Nah they're just annoying.
>>
>>9092420
Some languages don't have gender neutral pronouns so unless corrected is normal for people to use the pronoun you look like, or just simply avoid you because asking your gender is by far more rude that call you the wrong one
>>
File: waiting_eu.png (41KB, 161x204px) Image search: [Google]
waiting_eu.png
41KB, 161x204px
>>9090511
>be hanging around with a bunch of cool cosplayers
>debate hitting on one of them, they're cute and nice
>we hang out as a group and then go to a doujin table
>mfw they can't look because they're 15
>mfw I'm 24
>mfw only two of us out of the group are over 21
>all the rest are 17 or under

I really wish underaged cosplayers would say something sometimes, especially since we were talking about nsfw things. I mean, just pairing and fanfiction things, but it's still really unnerving and uncomfortable to find out that you're basically being a creeper on accident.
>>
>>9094292
Not all doujin is smut. There are lots of non smut doujin works that anyone should be able to view.
>>
>>9091181
I know that feeling. but I take it as a compliment. other who are younger than me look way older so im good.
>>
unsolicited advice/conversations from strangers. I had a guy ask me how I made my boots for a Zelda cosplay I did last year- I explained I had taken a pair of old boots and modified them. The guy proceeded to tell my friend (who was cosplaying Link) and I that we should try cobbling our own shoes next time, and he also tried to explain the entire process to us. We were in the middle of the dealer's hall, literally in everyone's way and he just would NOT let us go for like a solid 20 minutes.

Don't give out absurd advice when it wasn't asked for (honestly, what average cosplayer is going to invest in making shoes from scratch?), and for god's sake if the cosplayer doesn't seem interested in chatting, they probably aren't.
>>
>>9094512
Non-Hentai doujins are boring!
>>
>>9094292
Underage people looking so fucking old on these days! Like I said, I'm soon 30 but look 10 years younger. What I do right/wrong?
>>
>>9095305
You obviously haven't read the Doujin I have then. I've read some stuff that could easily compete with what ever action series is your favorite.
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.