[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bloomer General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 19

Windy summer days are coming and as a lot of us wear skirts but don't want to flash everyone, let's have a thread about bloomers and similar pieces (pic related). No matter if Lolita, Fairy Kei, Ouji or Larme, every style is welcome.

Topics:
>Styles you use them for
>Favorite brands for bloomers
>Quality comparisons
>Bloomer suggestions for tall people (asian brand ones love to be too small on average)
>>
I've recently started using bloomers with pockets while wearing lolita. It might be a bit too awkward for keeping your phone in but it's a pretty safe place to keep IDs or credit cards, just make sure you don't take them out where the public can see you and be discreet about it.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (8KB, 192x262px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
8KB, 192x262px
>>
File: goods_10_165191.jpg (7KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
goods_10_165191.jpg
7KB, 380x380px
What do you all recommend for shorter dresses? I wear shapewear from Uniqlo (pic related) but it goes down to mid-thigh. I don't wear many things shorter than that but when I slightly bend some shapewear peeks out from underneath.

I also seldom wear form-fitting dresses that benefit from shapewear so I feel I'm squeezing into something uncomfortable just for the sake of not flashing my undies.
>>
>>9070272
I usually just wear a pair of regular short shorts the same colour as the skirt and call it a day.
>>
>>9070272
I get some shapewear shorts from Walmart. They're cheap and come in multiple lengths and in nude or black. I just get the black ones.
>>
File: soffe_cheer_shorts_l.jpg (115KB, 420x592px) Image search: [Google]
soffe_cheer_shorts_l.jpg
115KB, 420x592px
>>9070277
Like cotton workout shorts? I've been meaning to buy some stretchy runner shorts but i just keep forgetting.

>>9070283
Are they pretty constricting or can you move normally in them?
>>
>>9070272
I wear biking shorts. The colour and pattern makes it obvious that it's workout gear and not undies, so I don't act awkward if it's windy or I have to sit down and I accidentally flash someone.

You can also get cotton (or was it modal?) shorts from ebay for a couple of bucks and they come in a great variety of colours.
>>
>>9070285
They're snug since they're shapewear but once you wiggle around in them a minute to get everything situated then you don't even notice you're wearing them. I own four pairs right now in different lengths and the only ones I've had an issue with are the long (mid-thigh) ones because I have to tug them down every now and then.
>>
>>9070240
I'm wearing these right now
>>
>>9070295
Consider me jelly.
>>
the only pair i own is some old, traditional one you're supposed to wear under a "Dirndl" (german trad clothing)
there's cute lace on it and i even got questions as to where i got it from, so it's definitely fitting for lolita and it's cotton and super comfortable!
>>
>>9070288
>The colour and pattern makes it obvious that it's workout gear and not undies
That's what I'm looking for! I don't mind the mid-calf length too much because it's unlikely someone would mistake them for undies but they're still shapewear and are meant to stay underneath clothing. I'll look for some cool patterns!

I think I know the kind of shorts you're talking about. I dont like wearing actual shorts underneath because my butt/thighs are pretty big compared to my waist so I have to choose between shorts being too big for my waist or too tight/short for my butt. (not trying to sound like a special snowflake but it is a common problem I face with shorts)

>>9070291
Awesome! I imagined you'd have more trouble with the shorter lengths because there's less fabric to keep them in place. I'll have to find one of those multi packs and try them out.
>>
>>9070277
Me too! I'm tall so my tights don't fall when I use shorts.
>>
basiclove on etsy is where i get all my bloomers, it's handmade and custom size (good for me since I have tall hips, not wide but tall) and pretty cheap
>>
I've started to wear bloomers under all my skirts, lolita or not. I just feel bare without them now
>>
>>9070231
Oh cool, I didn't even know they made those. Do you have any recs or do you make your own?
>>
>>9070352
Was considering getting theirs. They look pretty light as well. I usually get mine from BL and they are good but a little busy/chunky, if that makes sense. It's good for winter but not so much for summer.
>>
Sugar Trampoline bloomers are really comfy, and they take custom orders.

Nemeth Wild looks pretty decent and have a lot of great reviews (US only I think, though).

Was going to mention BasicLove as a good option if you're on a tight budget but they seem to have shut down.

I found Bodyline's bloomers disappointing, made of this really crunchy cotton that's awkward to wear.

I like to wear bloomers whenever I'm in lolita as it makes me feel my outfit is more complete, and I don't have to worry as much about sitting correctly or bending over etc. I like wearing them with casual short skirts in J-fashion inspired outfits, too, and I think they look cute peeking just a little.
>>
>>9070518
Yeah they're a lightweight cotton good for summer months. I wouldn't recommend wearing them on their own though, as the off-white ones I have are a little transparent, but they look fine over tights
>>
>>9071523
I used to own three bodyline bloomers, bought for fairy kei and lolita. l551 looks nice and is really short, the fabric itself is comfortable against the skin but the lace is scratchy. It's light and doesn't add much weight, the main point is it's cute pattern. They used to have this half and half polka dot bloomers with one side big polka dots and the other small, and those were that crunchy cotton that you're talking about. Not fond of them, so I sold them off. The best bloomers I found from them are pan054, which are fantastic. Soft agaisnt the skin, super cute with all the frills, short but not agaisnt your crotch, I would heavily recommend it.
>>
What Taobao ones are good to buy? I'm looking for ones that can work in Fairy Kei.
>>
>>9071657
Love pan054. Wearing them now. Sometimes just wear them as house shorts bc they're very comfy.
>>
File: 02031328_56b181ff68251.jpg (359KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
02031328_56b181ff68251.jpg
359KB, 500x600px
I've been wanting a pair of these for months but I don't know if I can really justify spending £60 on bloomers. Might make some similar
>>
>>9071683
I remember seeing an indie brand with similar ones for cheaper but I don't remember the name
>>
>>9071683
>buy bloomers
>make garters
>attach
>profit

jfc don't spend £60 on these
>>
>>9071694
Yeah that's what I'm thinking, might just make the bloomers as well. Feel kinda shoddy making a replica but lets face it, no one's gunna see it and it's not like I'll sell them
>>9071693
Ooh, maybe I'll come across them some day!
>>
File: T2kPBKXvpaXXXXXXXX_!!731635336.jpg (137KB, 536x750px) Image search: [Google]
T2kPBKXvpaXXXXXXXX_!!731635336.jpg
137KB, 536x750px
>>9071664
https://world.taobao.com/item/26507328572.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.tGyzcj#detail
>>
File: T2ftNmXbVMXXXXXXXX_!!677956395.jpg (98KB, 750x1125px) Image search: [Google]
T2ftNmXbVMXXXXXXXX_!!677956395.jpg
98KB, 750x1125px
>>
>>9070210
>Ouji
do not wear bloomers as pants.

do not ever wear bloomers as pants.
>>
>>9071693
This one? A lot of Taobao brands made those some years ago tho.
>>
>>9072875
Bloomers is just a term for all kinds of pumpkin pants, lurk more.
>>
>>9072886
bloomers are made of different materials, for a different purpose. calling pumpkin/puffy pants bloomers leads to noujis/kuhdoughnuhs wearing actual underwear in their "coords." save a coord: use appropriate terminology.
>>
File: 3523.jpg (175KB, 772x571px) Image search: [Google]
3523.jpg
175KB, 772x571px
>>9072919
They are not and calling bloomers "actual underwear" is proof you're a newfag.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloomers_(clothing)
>>
>>9072965
>>9072886

Not anon you were replying to.

Lolita brands are the ones who make this differentiation, whenever they list bloomers it's the type that's intended to be worn under petticoats and skirts. Bloomers will get listed under the inners section, whereas proper pants (including pumpkin/puffy pants) will be listed as pants, and be under the pants (or other) section.

Since there's a lot of difference between the construction of what lolita brands call bloomers and what they call pants, I'd recommend you treat the word "bloomers" as having a different meaning in the context of lolita, same as lolita "jumperskirts" and "salopettes" each have much narrower definitions in lolita than in normie mainstream fashion.

No, actually, you know what, we don't really care. Go ahead and wear your bloomers as ouji pants, or feel free to tell everyone all about your ouji coord with bloomers. The last time some girls were flashing their bloomers all over egl was so, so long ago and we could do with some new fodder to laugh at. Go on, do it. Post your bloomers coord to the draw thread. You know, for science.
>>
>>9073043
Anon everything you were writing was great until it dissolved into stereotypical salt in the last sentences.

The only problem is that it's a bloomer general with "Lolita, Fairy Kei, Ouji or Larme, every style is welcome" which means that bloomer in this case doesn't have to refer to lolita brand's reference of bloomer. If you're talking about fairy kei bloomers, that's a different ballpark.
>>
>>9070324
Naw anon it's cool - I have the exact same problem with shorts and I have mostly given up on jeans altogether.

I bought my shorts from walmart for $14 or $17 or something like that. They're bright purple and pink leopard print. I also have teal ones with lime green stripes on the side I got a few years back.
>>
>>9073856
Check out Lucky Brand mid-rise boot cuts! I wore the same two pairs of Levi's jeans for over a year because I couldn't find anything else that fit me properly. The Lucky jeans fit me like a glove and are super comfortable.

Sage because jeans aren't bloomers.
>>
>>9070272
treat yourself to some funny boxers
>>
>>9075209
I actually wear men's boxers to bed. Once I sew the crotch flap shut they turn into adorable and modest sleep shorts. I hope no one thinks I'm wearing them as actual underwear.
>>
>>9070285
Don't wear the looser workout shorts unless they have a fitted lining, you can still see up them so it kinda defeats the point. The fitted ones/safety shorts are better.

>>9071683
If you make them will you make the garters functional/like sock toppers?
>>
>>9072884
I got those as a joke present when I first got into lolita from my lolita senpai, they were so crunchy don't bother hunting them down
The replicas that is, not the originals
But agreed just make bloomers, sew ruffles onto some elastic, loop on the bloomers inside button on the strip and attach a circle of ruffle and cased elastic and your done
>>
>Ouji
>>9072875
>>9072886
>>9072919
>>9073043
[spoiler]Fujos are the sissies of ouji.[/spoiler]

>>9073043
I think some of oujis never were into lolita (like me) so I avoid anything that looks like bloomers simply because I can't tell if they're really pumpkin pants unless they are without frills and obviously pants like.
>>
I've always been so confused about why bloomers are necessary. I'm pretty tall for lolita (5'7) and have a biv ass, but unless it's really really windy or I'm wearing some super short AP shit, flashing people has never been an issue.
>>
>>9079921
>Fujos are the sissies of ouji
Truer words have never been spoken
>>
>>9079923
It's probably an issue every time you bend over even slightly or walk up stairs. It's actually quite easy to flash in any sort of skirt. You don't realise it easily because other people can be in different angle than you when you look yourself in the mirror.
>>
>>9079923
>>9079926
The right bloomers give additional poof (and pockets) too.
>>
>>9079935
Where are these from?? The need is great.
>>
>>9080335

Reverse googling gave me these links:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/women-ruffled-bloomers-cosplay-maid-lolita-pantaloons-can-can-goth-sissy-pantie/141196838328?hash=item20dffcc5b8

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lovely-Cake-Lace-Bloomer-Basic-Bloomer-Lolita-Bloomer-Cos-Bloomer-FREE-SHIPPING/1435802009.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Super-Cute-Girls-Lolita-Princess-Pumpkin-Shorts-Layers-Cake-Safty-Shorts-Bustle-Kawaii-White-Ribbon/32352105985.html
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 363x466px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 363x466px
So by this threads definition these are bloomers?
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 600x600px
>>9080456
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 480x640px
>>9080463
>>
>>9080456
by OP's definition, maybe. not by most other people's.
>>
>>9080335
>>9080376
Original maker is Tanaka on Taobao but they don't produce them anymore.
>>
>>9080468
That's not "OP's definition", that is the definition in fashion in general
>>9080466
Lacks poof..
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-01-16-33-36-1.png (145KB, 1080x1276px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-01-16-33-36-1.png
145KB, 1080x1276px
>>9080492
i grew up with bloomers referring to undergarments; as far as i (and google) knows, bloomers as non-undergarments is a historic term.

where are you from and where did you learn the word?

i would remind people in the thread that "pants" is a very common word with two very different meanings depending on where you are from. i assume the same thing is happening here.
>>
>>9080560
and i would add that most, if not all, stores and shopping sites dedicated to a US audience list bloomers as a type of underwear; still, i imagine Brits snicker at seeing trousers labelled as pants on non-British shopping areas... so i am open to the idea that somewhere, outside the US most likely, bloomers are shorts and not underpants.
>>
>>9080560
>>9080568
See >>9072965
>>
>>9080591
that is strictly historical. i already read the article. while the history of bloomers as fashion takes up a lot of space in the article, it is constrained to a finite period of time. modern bloomers, in the United States and likely in other English-speaking areas, refer to a kind of undergarment. this information is in the Wiki article.
>>
>>9080568
Bloomers has always been a term for all types of pumpkin pants, it's also the reason for why the japanese term for non-gym bloomers is かぼちゃパンツ (pumpkin pants) in common use.
>>
>>9080603
If you did even bother reading the article you would know that it refered to underwear only within a very short period.
>>
File: e0170671_0242347.jpg (35KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
e0170671_0242347.jpg
35KB, 240x320px
>>9080603
..."underwear" bloomers are called drawers in jfashion, just saying.
>>
>>9080602
>Bloomers has always been a term for all types of pumpkin pants
maybe for some people, which is what i am looking into. it has definitely not been the case for everyone.

i think if you say, "Many stores marketed to Japanese people use interchangeable terms for bloomers and pumpkin pants," that is a reasonable and provable claim and really easy to verify. i can use the term you provided and find evidence of this happening on Rakuten. it does not seem to happen on the major gothic and lolita clothing stores, so maybe those follow the Western convention of calling the undergarment version "bloomers" and the fashion garments "shorts." which makes sense since gothic and lolita fashion borrow a lot of Western terms.

but to claim that everyone everywhere has always used the terms interchangeably is incorrect and leads to way more confusion.
>>
>>9080608
i did, and that is the modern period...

>>9080614
i think if we adopted the use of "drawers" for undergarments in English-speaking communities it would resolve much of the confusion. US speakers would still want to call them bloomers because culturally that is what bloomers are thought to be, but if lolitas can adapt to "OP" and "JSK" it shouldn't be a major switch to call them "drawers."
>>
File: CmVh2WDUcAAGpkv.jpg (165KB, 1199x899px) Image search: [Google]
CmVh2WDUcAAGpkv.jpg
165KB, 1199x899px
Bags made from old bloomers.
>>
Aside from the argument can we get some pics of outfits with cute pumpkin pants?
>>
File: imgrc0069839959.jpg (51KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
imgrc0069839959.jpg
51KB, 750x750px
>>
File: 20151003_1-e1443868227242.jpg (114KB, 517x1000px) Image search: [Google]
20151003_1-e1443868227242.jpg
114KB, 517x1000px
>>
File: T24S32XllXXXXXXXXX_!!59663893.jpg (105KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
T24S32XllXXXXXXXXX_!!59663893.jpg
105KB, 680x680px
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.