[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ramsay Bolton and Game of Thrones Cosplay General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Hi
I'm a beginner cosplayer, only did casual cosplay, but want to do Ramsay Bolton.
The issue is, I don't know how to make or even call the pieces of his costume. For start I want to make the thing he wears under the vest.
I thought it was some kind of gambeson, but those are too thick.
Could someone point me in the right direction please?

Also GoT cosplay general
>>
It looks like some sort of gambeson, but obviously not period accurate thickness. I'd make the basic shape out of at least two layers of fabric and then carefully do the quilting. Quilting on the sleeves is best done while the sleeve is flat. It looks like the gambeson laces up the front and there's a light weight undershirt/collar under that, but it's hard to tell from the pic.
>>
I'm planning on a Brienne cosplay for a con in the fall. I have a friend who does a pretty good Robb Stark that I might drag along with me.

A possible issue is that I'm 5'6" whereas her actress is around 6'3". But screw it, I'm not going to let 9 inches stop me from dressing up as my waifu..
>>
>>9064671
Brienne best waifu
>>
>>9064671
I did brienne as a 6ft girl. It was quite nice being the right height for a character for once
>>
File: bob.jpg (173KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
bob.jpg
173KB, 500x750px
I'm planning to do Sansa for Otakon. I bought my wig yesterday.

I did her a few years ago and I'm excited to make this one actually halfway decent.
>>
Anyone know of any decent quality Dorne/Oberyn robes for sale? These are pretty mass produced at this point so I've seen some pretty cheap ones that look good, but if anyone has any opinions on specific ones I'd like them!
>>
>>9064335
I decided to use lightweight fleece for the quilting, two layers should be enough. Will be a pain in the ass to quilt it this close together tho.

Other way to do this would be to find a sweater, that has linear knitwear, which looks similar.
>>
>>9064834
I'm actually doing the Ramsay with my friend doing Sansa.
Was looking forward to teasing her while in roleplay, but since the last episode I'm royally fucked.
>>
>>9065578
That's great! When I was Sansa a few years ago my best friend was Joffrey. People were impressed someone actually cosplayed such a widely-hated character.

As for this con, I'd like to have little stuffed dogs with me, as a cute nod to Battle of the Bastards. Your Sansa could do that for when you start teasing.
>>
>>9064215
You can get those type of gambesons online in most larp stores. They're not as thick as they look and you can always remove excess padding.

Alternatively he wears plate under the leather coat in some scenes.
>>
>>9067260
I think it would be cheaper to make one.
I mean a lot cheaper
>>
>>9067965
Oh i'm not denying that just reiterating the fact that the gambesons in that style look alot thicker than they actually are.
>>
>>9064215
So after consulting with few fellow cosplayers, there seems to be 2 ways to do it.

1 - Two layers of fabric, both slightly thick and "fluffy" so probably light fleece.

2 - Three layers of fabric, two outer layers from light fabric (IDK which, don't really know my fabrics) and fluffy inner fabric

Do you have any experience with either?
Or would you do it differently?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.