[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HELP THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 111

File: help help.jpg (3MB, 4608x3072px) Image search: [Google]
help help.jpg
3MB, 4608x3072px
And maybe a misc. questions thread too.

Old thread >>9023877
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
We've built a Bluetooth boombox for DragonCon that's going to be painted like bricks from Mario. I'm a bit stumped on the strap. Had planned to single strand braid a green rope and attach some artificial plant leaves along it with a piranha plant mouth at one end made from some leftover birch plywood used in the box. I'm not too sure it'll come out quite as I expect. Any suggestions? The box is 1'x1'x3' and weighs right at 35 pounds with the battery inside.
>>
File: 4SBP.gif (2MB, 218x316px) Image search: [Google]
4SBP.gif
2MB, 218x316px
So me and a group of friends are planing a group cosplay at this upcoming con and we decided to go as the many versions of Paul Rudd. Now I was given the task of being celery man and I have no clue at all where to get a suit like this. Any idea on where I could find one.
>>
>>9061087
honestly anon you might have to make it yourself. it looks like a pretty simple suit pattern. the fabric looks like some sort of weird thin pleather or wet-look spandex or something
>>
>>9061087
Did some searching for you and I came across this. https://www.amazon.com/Legendary-Suitjamas-Apparel-Premium-Grey/dp/B0146NLHKS Not sure if that will work because it looks like it is not long enough at the bottom but is great for something that is already made.
>>
>>9061101
Oh shit that is fantastic now I just need to find a silver shirt and bowlo tie and I am set.
>>
File: russ.png (1MB, 665x1000px) Image search: [Google]
russ.png
1MB, 665x1000px
Still open for suggestions on the flag but I haven't gotten my question answered regarding an sewn on adhesive patch that hasn't been ironed on if that is bad once I wash and put it in the dryer, and also how I should put align all my pins on the sash (I know one Anon said use a meter stick, but I don't know if that is from behind where the pins are or on the front on the edge of the pin.
>>
File: tumblr_o78nyzoCqg1r9vb3eo7_1280.png (806KB, 1280x1627px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o78nyzoCqg1r9vb3eo7_1280.png
806KB, 1280x1627px
Any advice on what weight wire I should use to make the "wings" on her costume? I'm using chiffon for the fabric.
>>
>>9061336
Should be fine - I've ironed on an iron-on adhesive patch and put it through the washer and dryer a few times. The biggest problem would be it peeling off, which isn't a problem if you've sewn it down.

>>9061380
I use 12 or 14 gauge aluminum for wings, personally.
>>
I want to try Widowmaker Noire but I'm not sure if I should do it.

I have a bit of sewing experience, know the basics. But I've sewn mainly like school uniforms, nothing like this.

Should I do it, get out of my comfort zone and learn? Or will I mess up so badly it'll be a waste of money and am I better off doing something more simple first?

I really want to do it because I love Overwatch but I'm not sure... My biggest worry are the lines in the pants. Do you just cut them and re-sew? How do those lines work?
>>
>>9061854
you're probably going to fuck up at some point in the project but you'll learn from it. yes, you'll lose money (depending on how many times you fuck up), but you'll gain experience and learn the pitfalls so you can avoid them down the line.
>>
Has anyone here ever used Angelus leather paint on suede? Does it take well or is it a no-fly zone?

I know Angelus has suede dye, but I'm starting with medium-coloured shoes and don't want the colour to go darker with dye.
>>
>>9061756
The place that sewn my place didn't iron it on. that was the thing I'm concerned with, whether the adhesive would melt and whatnot if I dried the shirt in the dryer and messed up my clothes.
>>
How do I shorten my bangs without cutting them for a id/passport photo? Also what to do to make my ears visible but not look like pic related?
>>
>>9062572
Yes, I've got short hair. I have to get my photo ASAP but I already spent today trying to fix my FAS face, any advices would be great.
>>
Any advice on fixing glitter on denim so it won't fall off and get everywhere? I want to put glitter on the backside of some jorts for my Karamatsu cosplay and since I will be working at a booth in dealer's hall, I'm going to sit a lot whenever I won't have to stand.
>>
File: blr_o2n02kZnmifff1qbpcxvo1_1280.jpg (349KB, 981x1140px) Image search: [Google]
blr_o2n02kZnmifff1qbpcxvo1_1280.jpg
349KB, 981x1140px
so I'm planning to remake my Nier cosplay, but I've been wondering how to get the designs on like in these pictures.
I've tried the freezer paper method with normal fabric paint and it came out all thick and botchy

what technique are they using to achieve such a clean and defined look?
>>
Any good resources on how to learn doing make up? Bonus points if aimed specifically for men.
>>
File: KingValentine.jpg (458KB, 1089x1260px) Image search: [Google]
KingValentine.jpg
458KB, 1089x1260px
I've been considering making King Valentine from Odin Sphere my first cosplay. I'm trying to figure if I should dye the robe purplish like in the photo or just get it dirty to represent the decay?
>>
File: ghoulia.png (499KB, 510x1028px) Image search: [Google]
ghoulia.png
499KB, 510x1028px
I'm planning on cosplaying ghoulia in the near future and have never done any sort of body/facepainting before. Any recommendations on brands for the face/chest and advice on how to make sure it doesn't come out splotchy?
>>
>>9062904
She's basically homestuck troll colored, so there should be tons of resources out there. Just search "homestuck troll makeup guide."
>>
>>9062873
not sure if it's a good idea but you could probably get some fine grain sanding paper and sand some wood to get dust shavings then maybe put them on top of a thin layer of glue so they won't get everywhere
>>
>>9062873
I would personally do a slight gradient dye, and also dirty it up. I think that would look neat.
>>
>>9062904
Homestucks totally know their shit when it comes to grey body paint. But if you want specific recommendations Wolfe FX. TAG, Global, Diamond FX, Mehron, Kryolan, Graftobian, Ben Nye, Cameleon, and Pro Aiir are all great brands that will give you good coverage. You apply most paints with sponges or brushes (I use potter's sponges and kabuki brushes for large areas), Make sure you set and seal your paint (this is most often done with setting powder and finishing/sealing spray). Good luck.
>>
>>9062578
You could buy some blue glitter tulle and sew it to the back of the shorts in one or two layers
>>
I'm looking to get a heat gun for worbla and other crafts. My dad already has one, but it's huge and has only one setting and is more for hardware projects. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good heat gun that I don't have to wield with two hands?
>>
>>9062578
The more glitter you have, the more will fall off. If you have just a light layer, or slight dusting of glitter, applied with glue, and then gone over in a top coat of clear glue and then set with a hair dryer and/or iron and press cloth, it might set it, but some may still flake off. And the more glitter you have, the more will flake off.

>>9062796
That looks like it was either screen printed, or printed by something like spoonflower.

>>9062832
There really isn't much difference between male and female makeup when it comes to the basics of foundation and contouring. Just look up natural looking makeup videos and follow along. Also, don't be embarrassed to go to your local makeup counter and ask for help in person. The staff their know their products and can help you a lot.
Also, be sure to moisturize. Guys tend to have dryer skin, and applying makeup to dry skin will often make it look cracked, dry, and cakey.

>>9062983
You don't need anything fancy for most cosplay projects. $30 at Home Depot will get you a decent heat gun that will work just fine for what you want to do.
>>
I got sunburned pretty bad yesterday and I have a con in 10 days that my burn needs to be healed for. It's been about 24 hours now and my face is red as a tomato, shiny, bumpy, and there's a pretty puffy, but not hugely noticible (yet) blister forming on my cheek.

Everyone seems pretty wary that it'll be healed and I'll look fine for the con, so considering my skin is going to be peeling (and probably still bumpy) in 10 days, am I doomed? I'm not great with makeup and I have no idea if this damage can be hidden and make me look presentable or not. I'm willing to spend any amount of money on new makeup to cover this.
>>
>>9063229
You got a second degree burn from a sunburn? Jesus Christ get some goddamn sunscreen before you get any other make-up.
>>
>>9063254
yeah i know. usually i put it on even if im going to leave for only a few minutes since i'm so pale but i totally forgot yesterday and i'm definitely paying for it.
>>
>>9063229
As someone who's suffered the same and learned from it, sunscreen is a must. Even if it's for 30 minutes, that's all it takes.

You're probably going to still be flaking and/or splotchy during the con. To reduce it, apply aloe vera gel to your skin as much as you can. Try taking more baths rather than showers, and in cool water. Use oatmeal baths (Google before you purchase, some shit has fragrances and you'll need one for sensitive skin), and apply aloe lotion when you get out. You are going to be the smoothest fucked in the world, anon.

As for the con itself, and for future reference, a lot of foundation brands contain some sunscreen. Look for brands that have SPF 30 and up and stick with that. Apply to the neck and wherever else skin is exposed. Wear fleshtone tights if your cosplay has a lot of leg showing. If you're skimping it up/don't want to foundation literally everywhere, apply sunscreen and use finishing powder on top to reduce sheen. Reapply no less than every 4 hours if you're even set between indoors and out, reduce the time the more you're outside/as needed. (If you're outside for a few hours and sweating it off, reapply every 90 minutes or so.)

Good luck, and remember the sun is the enemy.
>>
>>9063443
Thanks for the help anon. I've been washing my face every two hours (just running cold water on it) and then applying aloe and putting a cold compress on the blistered part just before i repeat the cycle since this morning. Thankfully it's just my face that's burnt though.
>>
So how does dress swap work? Do both pay their own shipping or what?
>>
There are a couple of designs that are a little complex that i need to get onto something i'm working on, i tested out iron on transfers but those kinda sucked, and painting it on the fabric would frankly look like shit, is there something easy that would work?
>>
>>9064092
It will depend on the complexity of the design. Appliques and painting are your budget friendly options, otherwise you can try fabric printing a la spoonflower.
>>
>>9060890
What sort of cloth could this even be?
Is there any way to make it NOT look papery in real life?
Also how would I go about doing his hair?
Most of the wigs for it are god awful, and many of the good Kittan cosplayers use their real hair, which is supposed to be a big no no
>>
File: Prompto-Argentum-FFXVhair.png (173KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
Prompto-Argentum-FFXVhair.png
173KB, 600x336px
I have zero experience with wigs.
None. At all. Styling, buying, anything.
I've just about finished my Prompto clothes but now I need a wig.
I have absolutely what to do about a wig. I don't know what I should be looking for in style or anything. I'm open to commissioning but don't know where to begin about that either.

Any good guides for buying/styling wigs? Or know any good people to commission?

Pic related style.
>>
File: 001825031005.jpg (90KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
001825031005.jpg
90KB, 500x600px
I got this shirt from Axes Femme recently and I love it a lot but I'm having trouble making an outfit out of it. It looks nice with jeans but I would like to do something a bit more creative with it? It's honestly long enough to almost wear as a dress but the back white panel is sheer so I can't really do that.

Does anyone have any cute outfit ideas for it?
>>
>>9064592
If you mean for the jacket, I would go with twill, and be sure to put some interfacing in the collar to help keep it propped up like that.

For the wig, and also for >>9064668
check out Arda's tutorials. they have some good info on spiking and styling, and in the case if Kittan, combining two wigs into one.
https://arda-wigs.com/tutorial-list/
>>
>>9064686
Can you layer it over a white skirt so that it's a bit longer and wearable as a dress? Also you can add a belt or pair with leggings instead of jeans, seeing how baggy it is.
>>
>>9064713
Thanks anon
This will be the first cosplay I've built from scratch, I usually just modify things or buy costumes
Do you think this one will be easier for a beginner?
>>
File: midori ref.jpg (86KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
midori ref.jpg
86KB, 600x600px
Do you guys prefer arm socks or body paint when it comes to weird skin colors for a cosplay?
>>
>>9064820
Armsocks.
>>
>>9064820
arm socks/stockings for the body and paint for the face.
>>
>>9064686
>>9064737
I can't seem to find a bigger copy of this photo anywhere but this looks really cute! Like a pair of short shorts, ankle socks and booties/trainers would make it look nice.
>>
>>9063647
Putting water and lotion all the time is gonna freak out your skin even more and its already sunburnt. Maybe back off for a few more hours at a time? All the oil on your face is gona be taken off and stuff even though you are applying lotion it may stress your skin out and cause breakouts broken skin or something like that.
>>
Anyone have any experience with leatherworking? How obnoxious would sewing a pair of leather chaps (see pic) be for a complete newbie? I have a very lenient budget and a good amount of time to kill, but my casual perusing on leatherworking makes it seem like a particularly tricky beast than typical fabric sewing.

On the other hand, I don't know what other material would be suitable, as I feel like most pleather would look too fake and tacky?
>>
>>9064876
Extremely difficult. You either need a very robust machine or some serious patience to hand sew. You can find good looking pleather, but it will still be a bitch to sew.
>>
File: 22569411831_58712d87e5_b.jpg (110KB, 548x1024px) Image search: [Google]
22569411831_58712d87e5_b.jpg
110KB, 548x1024px
Be real with me, /cgl/: how fucked am I if I want to do this cosplay and have 0 experience sewing or making clothes? Like I'd work up to it, to be sure, but as a novice attempting this would I be doomed to ugly failure?
>>
>>9064897

Yes anon. The sleeves alone will fuck you up, let alone the perfect fit needed for the bodice. And boob windows have been the downfall of many.
>>
Is there a name for the type of green outerwear Linkle wears? I can't tell if it's like a sleeveless jacket and the hood is separate, or if they're supposed to be together.
>>
File: ;_;.jpg (352KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
;_;.jpg
352KB, 1600x1200px
Help me seagulls, I shower every day and I use deodorant to the point all my bras and shirts are ruined but I still sweat like a pig and smell bad through the day. I'll be cosplaying soon and I don't want this to happen to the costume I've poured hours into making, how the fuck do I stop sweating so much?

>inb4 fatty
I'm actually a walking skellington, making this all the more confusing to me.
>>
>>9064926
Do you have hyperhydrosis? Might be worth asking your doctor about if you really do sweat abnormally.
>>
>>9064930
I didn't know this was a thing, thanks anon.
>>
>>9064924
it looks like it's a hood + a vest, i can't think of a way they could connect to be a whole piece.
when it comes to normal naming, the top part--hood + shoulders--is called a caplet, so maybe the whole thing can be that.
>>
>>9064947
Thanks!
>>
>>9064926

Panty liners attached to the pits of the sleeves if your costume has sleeves. That's just a stopgap though, you should see a doctor just in case. If there's nothing up medically, they can prescribe super strong deodorant anyways.
>>
>>9064926
>deodorant
>stopping sweat
Well there's your problem.
>>
>>9064897
Haven't you asked this before? You'll look like a shapeless, lumpy mess, and this is IF you even have the courage to take it out of the house. Work on at least 5-10 simple to intermediate skill level costumes first, then you can ask yourself instead of us.
>>
>>9064876
It's intermediate. Chaps don't need precise fitting and tailoring, but leather itself is an intermediate material because it can't be pinned or altered. If you have a reasonably decent quality machine actually sewing it won't be a problem (my $500 machine plows through leather no problem) but if you're going to try it, I'd recommend buying a cheap hide and practicing with the material. A walking foot can help.
>>
>>9064903
RIP ;_;

>>9065047
No, I think you have me confused with someone else. But you're probably right. I guess I should have someone else make it.
>>
im pretty beginner still. will probably practice on a few other things before i start this, but i did some sewing in my fashion course at school so im asking if this would be simple enough?

ill buy a pattern for the apron styled dres and find an online pattern or instructions for the skirt since it's basic but if you believe i could do it let me know!
also, would you recommend cotton?
>>
>>9061969
I have not (and I don't have suede scraps to try) but it's an acrylic paint so at best you're going to end up with a kind of weird texture - the suede won't have the soft/fuzzy texture any more and I suspect the surface will end up looking weird.

>>9061983
It'll just melt into the fabric it's sewn down to if it does - it's usually not a thick layer, so it's not going to leak through or anything.

>>9062904
You've got two choices (unless you have access to an airbrush):
>waterbase
pros - cheap, easy to get, cleans up easily from skin and clothes, fairly smudge-resistant when set
cons - have to do a lot of thin layers to get even coverage, will sweat off

>creambase
pros: also easy to get, quick, even coverage, easy to clean off skin, not affected by sweat
cons: has to be set really well, still very prone to smudging/smearing afterwards, hard to clean off clothes/furniture/etc, feels greasy

>airbrush
pros: quick, even coverage, sweat/water-resistant, extremely smudge-proof, will stay on across multiple days if you don't deliberately remove it
cons: expensive, requires an airbrush

Going to assume you don't have an airbrush, so I'd recommend a waterbase for the neck/shoulders (or look into PAX, which is a mix of Pros-Aide and high-quality acrylic), and if you don't mind the texture and can keep from touching your face, creambased for that, otherwise more waterbase. Any of the major theatrical brands (Mehron, Graftobian, Ben Nye, Kryolan) have both waterbased and creambased lines, and some have airbrush as well.

>>9064092
Look up how to make freezer-paper stencils - that'll make the painting look better, at least. Screenprinting has some upfront investment cost, but will look better than paint and then as other anon said, getting it printed (but it's pricey)
>>
Anyone know where I can get an anime hat commissioned? Specifically the "Nights into Dreams" hat?
>>
My friend and I are doing a duo costume, and I happen to have to be a log. Like just a regular old log.

I have no idea how to begin on this. How to make the costume or the headgear/mask. Any help would be amazing. Thank you all so much.
>>
>>9064924
Greatcoats often have a similar layout (heavy overcoat + attached shoulder capelet), and you may find similar stuff labeled as cloak/cape/capelet/mantle. I'd make it once piece, capes and hoods have a tendancy to slide backwards easily but if it's attached to the jacket, it'll stay in place better.

>>9064876
If you pick a lighter leather (1/8" or thinner) and have a decent machine you might be okay - I've done that both on my fairly new Janome, and on an old metal-body Singer from the 60s. A cheap modern machine won't handle it though and you risk burning out the motor trying. It's particularly hard because you can't make ANY mistakes with leather - if you take a seam out, the holes will still be there.

>>9064926
Battery-powered fan, don't rush anywhere, buy or make underarm-shields. Though your cosplay won't be worn and washed nearly as often as your clothes are, which slows down the build-up.

(I understand the suffering, though - I sweat a lot because as a med side-effect and it's disgusting and unstoppable)

>>9065083
Yeah, if you can sew straight seams and follow a pattern you should be okay. Sundress patterns are pretty common, you should be able to find a similar one. Cotton or rayon would work - just get something that's labeled as dress-weight (or look in the apparel fabric sections of fabric stores, not the quilting fabric sections)
>>
>>9065125
Some pics of said costume would probably help us help you, anon.
>>
I have a question about wig dyeing. I need to ombre dye a wig from a blue-purple to a red-purple and wanted to know if it's possible to do that (using FW acrylic inks) on a wig that is already red-purple. Reference photo for character on left, wig in question on right. Also, for anyone who has done ombre, what is the best technique? Dip? Spray? Paint on?
>>
File: Untitled.png (485KB, 895x475px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
485KB, 895x475px
I can't decide if i should go with 1 or 2. I lean towards 1 but im not sure which one is more accurate.
>>
>>9064820
I agree with
>>9064840
>>
>>9065236
Neither is accurate. Both only sort of resemble the shirt.
>>
File: Thorin Vs John.png (530KB, 592x446px) Image search: [Google]
Thorin Vs John.png
530KB, 592x446px
>>9060890
Hi Guys and Gals, I'm heading into my first time build for cosplay, brand new to it but I've been keen for a long long time. I'm looking for some help deciding between Thorin and John.

I know John has less pieces involved for simplicity doing the build, but I've just gotten an Orcrist replica for my 21st so kinda keen to have that on me. Thoughts? Tips?
>>
>>9065332
Thorin, for rarity's sake. Jon's are all over the place (though most of them are shit-tier)
>>
>>9065352
yeah that was my feeling john looks easier therefore there'd probably be more of them out there. I'm spending a few months on the project and want to do a really good job either way.
>>
I've never dabbled in fabric paint before.

What will I need to paint a polyester piece of clothing and not have it look like garbage?
>>
File: 250.png (135KB, 250x541px) Image search: [Google]
250.png
135KB, 250x541px
Fabric choice for Tharja's cape? I'm pretty bad at picking fabric and since I'm not a native English speaker it's hard for me to find the right fabric online. Most people said they've used satin or velvet which always felt off to me.

I'd preferably want something that flows nicely and has good weight(?)
>>
>>9065431
>flows nicely and has good weight
What, like velvet?
>>
When designing a base model for armor.. does it make a difference if i use cardstock or posterboard?

I'm using cardstock but for the larger pieces of armor, it won't fit on one piece of cardstock and it's a pain to glue a bunch of cardstock pieces together.

I'm tempted to just go fuckit and transition to posterboard for the remaining pieces
>>
File: 20160618_174859-1.jpg (356KB, 550x1279px) Image search: [Google]
20160618_174859-1.jpg
356KB, 550x1279px
I want to do a gofund me and meet up sometime dressed as a cosplay. The gofund me will buy the cosplay. What should I go as?
Male
Five foot four
105lbs
>>
>>9065589
get a job.
>>
>>9065589
if i have to work a mcjob to afford cosplay, so do you fucker
>>
>>9065404
I usually just use the Tulip brand in matte soft. Results will vary so I HEAVILY suggest testing it on a scrap piece of fabric or area that can be easily hidden.
>>
File: Chat.png (749KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
Chat.png
749KB, 1136x640px
I'm not quite sure how to do the pattern Chat Noir has on the top of his suit (the cording/piping that goes around his arms) I've seen some people say that just sew it directly on the suit but I'm afraid it'll stick too much out. Any suggestions?
>>
Hey. Looking for advice.

I'm completely new to making my own cosplay. I've always lurked on the edges of the community and bought my costumes. Sadly, due to my weird ass body shape (female, 6'1", wide shouldered) unless they where tailored, they very rarely fitted properly.

So, where do I begin? Is there anything you recommend to begin with? do I just find a costume I love, jump in and hope? Do I use a pattern and go from there?

More than happy to research and throw the work in, but having some advice on where to start would be fantastic.
>>
File: IMG_20160622_214728.jpg (737KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160622_214728.jpg
737KB, 1440x2560px
yo gulls, i bought a homu cosplay with a slightly busted soul gem and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to fix it? pic is what's in my possession currently, i'm going to paint it the correct color too but i'm just focusing on the bottom portion right now (sorry for lack of proper reference)
>>
>>9065715
If you have anything like Apoxie Sculpt available to you, the break seems small enough to add the little prongs to it with a similar product.
>>
>>9065715

agreeing with >>9065759, that or perhaps Plastimake? and some very strong glue and a good paint job to hide the crack/seam between the new and old pieces.
>>
>>9065657
Find a costume you like, then make it. That's the secret to cosplay. If you're stuck, and you're not sure who you should be, check the suggestions thread. If you pick a costume and you're not sure how to make it, come back here and ask specific questions.

Also nothing says that you have to make a costume, and you can get costume made costumes on Taobao if that's your jam. Go have fun.
>>
>>9065715

Echoing what >>9065759 said, Apoxie Sculpt is probably a good choice for this kind of repair. I'd just add that it'd probably be a good idea to add some kind of support to the area where the old and new pieces will join (easiest thing would probably be to drill a small hole and insert a pin with a little glue and then form the Apoxie Sculpt around it).
>>
I didn't see a general wig thread. I can't seem to find tutorials for turning wefts into high pigtails i have a long weft from arda and chibi as the base
>>
can't find a hair thread, so I'll post my question here.

I recently dyed my hair, and so I decided to get some shampoo for colored hair. however, I accidently bought conditioner, not shampoo. is it still okay for me to use it?
>>
>>9065047
That was me anon. and the final product was average looking.

>>9065080
>>9064897
As someone whose made this with little dress making experience i'd very much say put this on hold until after you've made a dress or two on your own.
But if you're adamant about making it, then stretch velvet is your friend.
>>
Gonna make this for the local ren faire. (wizard outfit!)

has anyone made this and/or have suggestions for changes? I see that there's buttons on the sleeves. I'm going to substitute laces.
>>
>>9065906
They won't do the same thing, but it won't hurt your hair. Have you never washed your hair before?

>>9066270
What kind of feedback are you looking for? Its not historically accurate, but if you don't care about that then do whatever you want.
>>
>>9066303
>has anyone made this and/or have suggestions for changes?
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 620x465px
How exactly would I make this? I need a ball joint for an extra arm I need to make for a cosplay, and this seems like the easiest way since it requires no soldering.
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 620x899px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 620x899px
>>9066348
This is what it looks like all together.
>>
>>9063989
Usually, yes. You would be better served talking with the person you're going to trade with. In my trades, my partner and I have always paid for the equivalent kind of shipping (tracked non-express). Make sure that whatever method you both use utilises a tracking number that works in both countries - some cheaper shipping types with tracking will only track until the package exits the country of origin.
>>
>>9066336
Google the pattern number there's sites the review commercial patterns.
>>
>>9066336
I'm not stupid, I read what you wrote, I don't understand what specifically you're asking for. A lot of it will depend on personal preference. Personally I think the leggings look stupid and I'd lengthen the skirt, but that's my own taste.
>>
File: Spike_Spiegel_.jpg (71KB, 600x496px) Image search: [Google]
Spike_Spiegel_.jpg
71KB, 600x496px
I have been planning to do a Spike cosplay for some time now, but I am having difficulty finding the right wig. Very few have quite enough volume. I realize I will have to add a bunch of wefts to whatever wig I get, but in the interest of adding the least amount of wefts possible, I am hoping to find a decent base wig to start with. Any suggestions?
>>
Is there anywhere I can buy bodysuits made of 4-way stretch fabric?
>>
>>9065431
A nice high quality polyester would work well. One that that feels like silk to the touch.
But you will probably only find it at a fashion fabrics store, not your local craft store.
>>
I've got a chest tattoo, and it strips me of a lot of choice of cosplays that have bare chests. How do I cover it up? I would assume some sort of makeup, but since I am one, a man, and two, have not cosplayed yet, I have no experience with makeup.
>>
I'm planning on doing Bayonetta in October.
How do I go about the suit? I have no sewing skills or friends who could help me with sewing.
Theres not many places that do premade Bayonetta cosplays so I'm honestly really stumped right now.
>>
File: 6jVclUe.png (753KB, 876x876px) Image search: [Google]
6jVclUe.png
753KB, 876x876px
I would like to try and make dva's headset but I have literally never made something like that before. Where do I begin in terms of materials and what are some (or where can I start looking for) resources/references for making something like it? Thought I'd ask to get a sense before I start randomly googling a million things.
>>
>>9066650
There are a lot of options available for covering up tattoos, I'd suggest going on youtube and searching for "cover up tattoo with makeup."
Probably the cheapest and most easily accessible is the Glamoflague concealer by Hard Candy, which is carried at Walmart. It's $6 and comes with a pencil and a cream. Outline and color in your tattoo with the pencil (especially the darkest parts) then go over it with the cream, applying it by lightly tapping and blending it out into your skin. Watch some videos and practice and you should be good.
>>
File: glamconcealer_60488_H.jpg (75KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
glamconcealer_60488_H.jpg
75KB, 1000x1000px
>>9067118
Forgot to add that you'll also need a powder to set it, so it won't rub off during the day.
>>
How would you darken prop sunglass lenses?
>>
>>9067092
Foam. Just make that shit out of foam. Use pink/blue insulation foam and then craft foam for details.
Maybe get some headphones and use the headband from them.

>>9067294
Plastic, right? Use a Sharpie.
>>
I need to make Zoro's green trenchcoat and Haramaki by the end of July for MCM. How likely is it that I'll do it, considering I have basic knowledge of using a sewing machine, but not much else?

Is http://auspizien-cosplay.tumblr.com/page/3 a good guide for making it/
>>
File: tumblr_nsbbmuZQPc1qh1hjxo1_1280.jpg (498KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsbbmuZQPc1qh1hjxo1_1280.jpg
498KB, 1280x1707px
what bag is this?
>>
>>9065047
>>9065080
Amazing, I've asked this too before on an older help thread. Good luck to you, anons, I hope we can make it one day.
>>
>>9067478

Angelic Pretty Crystal Dream Carnival bag.
>>
>>9067478
crystal dream carnival
>>
File: image.jpg (5KB, 107x58px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5KB, 107x58px
I can't justify spending over $100 on contacts I'll only wear a handful of times, if that, and sacrificing my comfort (not a normal contact wearer). I searched Uniqso, Pinky Paradise, and Honey Color. Anyone know of a relatively high diameter yellow/orange lense with a thick black rim? I can't do scleras.

>inb4 choose another cosplay
>>
>>9066303
I'm not concerned about my hair, I'm concerned about the dye. will using products for dyed hair really have that much influence?
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1466707999244.png (2MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1466707999244.png
2MB, 2048x2048px
I'm looking for good Minnie Mouse style shoes, I do kids parties and its a really popular theme

>>would like something exactly like pic related but the source (light in the box??) Is shady

I'm looking for the chunky/oversized look of generic 'lolita style'

My search so far has yielded perfect shoes shady sites, and super gaudy almost perfect shoes with a ton of bows and straps. Just wondering if any gulls had any input =_=
>>
>>9067857
Light in the Box isn't that shady IMO. A friend and I bought our prom dresses there and aside from mine being the wrong shade of blue they were good, though it seems like they very much run on the principal of "you get what you pay for". And you will almost definitely have to pay import taxes if you buy anything from them.
>>
>>9067890
lol It's a milanoo front, they're super shady.

>>9067857
Thankfully their shoes are just taobao reselling, so you should be fine.
>>
>>9067485
>>9067486
thanks!
>>
File: latest.png (362KB, 561x711px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
362KB, 561x711px
This is more of an opinion question, but I am going to be making a Vault 101 suit and while leather is canon I live in Texas and a full leather suit isn't going to fucking happen. Thinking of the time period they are trying to emulate and the fit, a raw denim with leather detail would look fitting. Am I being a dumbass?
>>
>>9067902
>lol It's a milanoo front, they're super shady.
I'd wager that Light in the Box is a bit larger than milanoo, though they might buy their "lolita" stuff from the same supplier. And they do have good wares such as the earlier mentioned prom dresses which were somewhat expansive (upwards of 250 USD but still way cheaper than local shops) but fairly well sewn and made out of quality material.
>>
>>9068052
desu if you didn't tell me it was leather I wouldn't have known, and looking at the pic it looks like demin to me anyway.
>>
File: 800px-Mercury_Suit_Gordon_Cooper.jpg (177KB, 800x1408px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Mercury_Suit_Gordon_Cooper.jpg
177KB, 800x1408px
I really really don't want to hand sew a full jumpsuit from PVC leather or Metallic Spandex like replicas use.
Does anyone know of an alternative for making the underlayer of this suit?
>>
I need some help because I might be overthinking something.

I'm wearing a black zentai suit for a cosplay. There's no camel toe, but there is a small crotch bulge that is visible in certain lighting from certain angles. I've never seen it on anyone else, but I'm scared it will show in photos. Am I just being paranoid about it? Or should I remake it with different material?
>>
File: sha2.png (548KB, 544x696px) Image search: [Google]
sha2.png
548KB, 544x696px
Posted in the circle lenses thread but asking here as well.

Does anyone know of a good set of contacts for shadow Rise on dark eyes? I ordered this https://www.honeycolor.com/intense-yellow and they looked lime green and ended up hurting my eyes really bad.
>>
>>9068052
Just use demin and be sure to give it some wear and tear
>>
File: pram.jpg (45KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
pram.jpg
45KB, 640x960px
>>9067761
All you can really do is get yellow circle lenses then experiment with very generous eyeliner
>>
>>9068221
I have a black zentai suit and i came to this thread for the same reason, except my bulge is super noticeable. I want to know a good way of covering it. ive heard compression shorts are good but i cant find a store that sells a cheap pair
>>
>>9068320
Compression shorts or dancer's belt
>>
File: compression shorts.jpg (103KB, 552x607px) Image search: [Google]
compression shorts.jpg
103KB, 552x607px
>>9068320
>>9068597
So for women something like this? The only problem is that the seams look thick and will probably be very noticeable through the zentai.
>>
File: 2649974-boomerang.jpg (4KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
2649974-boomerang.jpg
4KB, 222x227px
What would be the best material to make Sokka's boomerang out of? I've never made any props before. Plywood is out of the question as I don't have the necessary tools to work with wood.
>>
>>9065858
>http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+make+a+high+ponytail+wig

Or one of the many ponytail and pigtail tutorials Arda has on their tutorial list.

>>9065636
It looks pretty solidly like piping in the series art, so I wouldn't worry too much. Just use a thin cord for it.

>>9068907
Go do a department store and check out their Spanx/knock-off Spanx - those are usually designed to not have thick seams for pretty much that reason.
>>
>>9069127
the arda tutorial makes the saddest underside droop ever
>>
I'm thinking about doing a genderbent junkrat cosplay but I'm not sure what direction I should take it and would appreciate some input/opinions.

I want everything to basically stay the same except for I'm unsure what to do about the chest. My initial idea was to do something like pic related and just wear a sports bra type top, but I also want to honor Junkrat's lack of shirt and the idea of making his harness that holds his explosives so that it would cover my chest in a similar way to the Nudist Beach cosplays came up, too.

I'm not sure what path to go. Would going a nudist beach path be needlessly sexualizing junkrat (which i don't want to do) or is it the better option for staying true to the character? I don't really want to end up being a "sexy" junkrat, just a junkrat. I guess what I'm asking is in general, do you think people would label a nudist beach type harness as "sexy" junkrat, or just understand that it's keeping true to his original topless design?
>>
>>9069234
honestly I'd err on the side of modesty. It shuts down dissenters "shes just doing it for her tits!".

maybe a crop top?
>>
>>9069234
I think (fake) wrappings like he has on his leg would look nice and fit in. It was what I would do if I could cosplay junkrat. I'm a chubster though .
>>
>>9069234
I'd personally go with a crop top/sports bra. Someone asked this same question in the last overwatch thread (not the current one), you should look there for more opinions.
>>
>>9069029
let me ask you this then: what kind of tools do you have?
>>
>>9069395
Only really basic stuff like scissors, boxcutters, sandpaper.. my husband should have a bunch of car-related tools though?I was wondering if some type of foam could be a viable option? I know people make armor and stuff out of eva foam but I haven't worked with it so idk. Sewing is the only thing I'm good at.
I guess if plywood is the only viable option, I'll just buy some tools but I was hoping to not spend tons of money on stuff I won't probably be using again any time soon.
>>
>>9069408
I'd use something light and whatever's on hand. it's not a large prop so you could probably get away with using something light, such as a ruler from walmart or a paint stirrer from any hardware store.

You should be able to taper off one end to fit your handle shape, and then you can wrap your more delicate materials around it. I'll upload a diagram in a second.
>>
File: 1466788432504.jpg (60KB, 723x618px) Image search: [Google]
1466788432504.jpg
60KB, 723x618px
>>9069408
here's a quick mockup. You'll need to do a bit more thinking on how exactly you want to make things work, but this will push you in the right direction. But keep in mind, it is a prop, and don't go trying to battle the fire nation and swinging it at things, as it will break.
>>
>>9064926
The smell might be caused by bacterias. Go to a dermatologist and ask them! I had the same issue and she gave me a special deodorant
>>
>>9066745
Bumping this because I really do need some help guys :(
>>
File: 272281.jpg (256KB, 1270x972px) Image search: [Google]
272281.jpg
256KB, 1270x972px
Is there any way to lighten a wig? I have one similar to the color in the picture and I'd like to use it for Konami, but it's just too vibrant of an orange. I'm aware of sharpie dying, would it work in a situation like this?
>>
>>9066349
That is pretty completely done, like what do really need ?like ideas?product options?material instances?
My first recommendation is show what you are working on and. Maybe check out your local library,
>>
>>9069504
theres pretty much no way to lighten a wig, sorry anon
>>
File: Last Stand.jpg (83KB, 463x646px) Image search: [Google]
Last Stand.jpg
83KB, 463x646px
I've really been wanting to do my own Last Stand/Old Man Spider-man. Every cosplay I've seen of this version of Spidey has had a leather jacket, but every time I've seen it in the comics, I've never gotten the impression that it's supposed to be made of leather. Why would a nimble agile hero like Spider-man being wearing something as stiff and restrictive as a leather jacket? I'm thinking I can get away with plain old cotton blend, unless anyone has any better suggestions for this.
>>
>>9069504
A long as fucking time ago I heard about someone trying the FW Ink method with their white ink but no idea if there were results. My googlefu returns nothing

Typically there's no way to dye a wig lighter or bleach it unless it's real hair.
>>
File: fargo3.jpg (87KB, 1280x680px) Image search: [Google]
fargo3.jpg
87KB, 1280x680px
Doing this type of hair for a costume and I have a big head. I'm stuck between the Purple Plum Ren or Kaori and the Arda Magnum Long.
Does anyone have any input on which of the three would work out better?
>>
>>9069649
Should also mention that both brands fit me fine, so I'm entirely asking about how well-suited any of them would be to the style.
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 640x1136px
I'm looking to embellish my bodysuit for my final fantasy machinist cosplay similar to Yaya han's gunslinger bodysuit. I love the appliqués she used but have been struggling to find any that are of similar size/flavor. If anyone knows a good place to buy these embellishments I would be most appreciative, furthermore I'd love to hear of any places you all buy trims online.
>>
Not prop or cosplay related but I don't know where else to ask...

I'm a lolita who has hooded eyes. Makeup is a pretty big part of the fashion but I never know how to make any eyeshadows look good/show up and putting on eyeliner just makes me look like I painted my entire lid black.

Does anyone have any tips or ideas for me?
>>
File: hooded liner.png (2MB, 1822x760px) Image search: [Google]
hooded liner.png
2MB, 1822x760px
>>9069607
>>9069646
Shoot, I figured as much. Thanks.

>>9069668
I'm not a lolita, but I do have hooded eyes. Excuse my shitty mspaint, but I use a similar idea to the left picture. Don't start thickening the line until after you reached the highest point of your eye, instead of using a thick line right away. For eye shadow, I use either a neutral or a white shadow on my lower lid and only add color to the outer edge and my crease. If your hood is really heavy, try doing more under eye color than lid color. Since it's lolita, try lining your bottom line with a soft glittery or shimmery color? I hope any of this makes sense.
>>
File: IMG_5487.jpg (668KB, 1607x3261px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5487.jpg
668KB, 1607x3261px
I wanted to get advice on how to attach the flight deck on the left to my sleeve. I followed a tutorial that uses corrugated plastic as the base, but I'm looking for a more efficient way to attach this to my arm via anything.

Last time I made this prop, the weather conditions in California destroyed the glue so I had to improvise on safety pins and staples. Lately I've been trying straps but I have no idea how to attach it without breaking the seal on that velcro sticker. Does anybody have any advice or other methods for this? Thanks.
>>
File: S-18073.jpg (23KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
S-18073.jpg
23KB, 250x188px
I'm working on a gun prop for a big armor costume I'm making right now, what would be a good material to put behind the lens at the end of the barrel?
I've already drafted up a way to get the lights blinking as well as how I want them layed out, I'm having circles inside circles blinking at different times to give a constant flickering effect with LEDs facing directly into a foggy disk of plastic
I'm hoping that the opaque plastic will help disperse the light so that it lights up most of the lens but I'm curious if I ought to put anything behind the lights themselves to reflect even more, like how large spot lights or flash lights have sort of mirrors around the lights inside to make them even brighter
I know that I can get a disk of plastic from Tap Plastic without much trouble and I have all the circuit stuff down, but I have no idea what I should use behind the lights if I do actually need something
My original plan was to just get a sheet of paper or something and color it black so you can't see the circuit boards behind the lights but thinking about that I'm worried that may make the lights not bright enough
>>
>>9069665
Try looking for venice lace yoke/collar applique. There's a fair selection of stuff on ebay that you can look through.

In regards to your other question, cheeptrims has some nice trim, but they have a high-ish minimum order.
>>
File: 2016774-superboy__2_.jpg (51KB, 540x535px) Image search: [Google]
2016774-superboy__2_.jpg
51KB, 540x535px
Is there anyway to do 90s Superboy's hairstyle without actually shaving the sides of my head?
>>
File: MONS_2904.jpg (145KB, 640x383px) Image search: [Google]
MONS_2904.jpg
145KB, 640x383px
Does anyone know how to make thigh high's with a patterned edge? Pic related.

I know how to make the sock part, but it's the top that's got me.
>>
>>9070074
Pieced spandex. It's not easy, but that whole costume is pretty advanced.
>>
What lolita brands release a lot of sack dresses?

I love sack dresses
>>
File: WIGhelp.jpg (65KB, 299x750px) Image search: [Google]
WIGhelp.jpg
65KB, 299x750px
>>9069504
Putting lots of talc on it will lighten it a bit.
You could also try pic related
>>
>>9070173
btw it should be obvious but don't do this if you're at all allergic to fabric softener. My sibling tried this method on a wig and can no longer wear it because even after several washes it gives them serious hives.
>>
>>9066745
This is not an entry level costume. Extremely detailed, perfectly fitted, shiny fabric, nope. If you don't even know where to start, you're not ready to make it. Sorry to be harsh, but that's the truth.
>>
>>9065181
I used nankim ink once and worked very well. Mix nankim with alcool and let the wig for about an hour on it. Wash and repeat if necessary.
>>
>>9069504
Try polish remover.
>>
>>9070250
Is this a troll because acetone literally melts plastic.
>>
>>9069967
Shave your entire head and get a wig
>>
>>9070268
Perhaps I should clarify more. I would like to avoid any head shaving if at all possible.
>>
File: overedge.png (493KB, 429x1000px) Image search: [Google]
overedge.png
493KB, 429x1000px
Kinda new to propmaking and doing a HF Shirou Emiya cosplay; making Kanshou and Bakuya Overedge out of foam board (2x 5mm back to back) because I'm pretty strapped for cash and it's the only material I have in abundance.

My question is: what's the best way to make the crystals on the blades?
>>
I'm having trouble finding a nice pattern or tutorial for a short hooded cloak.

Anyone know of any good resources?
>>
I'm looking for good yellow circle lenses.
I thought these were good http://www.pinkyparadise.com/G-G-Shimmer-Yellow-p/c32-shimmer-yellow.htm but then I read the reviews that it might not work well for light colored eyes. I have gray-ish blue eyes.

Then I found these: https://www.honeycolor.com/dollyeye-brown
But I'm not a fan of the black outer ring since my character has pretty much all yellow eyes. So the first lenses would be better. Should I just try my luck and order the GG ones or do you guys know any better?
>>
File: image.jpg (674KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
674KB, 2592x1936px
So in a moment of desperation I actually bought Yaya's shitty fabric, well it's shittier than I thought and it bled on to my vinyl when the faces were only touching for a couple hours. Is there any way to fix this or clean her shitty fabric?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1860x3125px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1860x3125px
>>9069825
Use a strap that goes around your arm from the back of the flightdeck.
Mine fits perfectly and tightly.
I would just say fuck it to the Velcro because you don't want it blowing or coming off anyways?
>>
File: image.jpg (757KB, 1787x2570px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
757KB, 1787x2570px
>>9069825
>>9070557
Nice and tight and I can move my arm around without it falling off or down
>>
>>9069967
Look up Homestuck tutorials for "Tavros wig"; no guarantees since I've never personally researched this character, but he had a similar hairstyle
>>
>>9070540
Update, I've tried alcohol and acetone and was not able to clean the white, but if there's any way to stop the black from bleeding it'd be much appreciated.
>>
File: mount lady.png (349KB, 689x521px) Image search: [Google]
mount lady.png
349KB, 689x521px
I have no idea how I would go about making a body suit like this without it looking like absolute SHIT
>>
>>9070310
Shards of some acrylic or something similar, maybe?

>>9070595
Get a cheapass zentai suit in a light color that fits, get someone with steady hands to draw the pattern on, cut out the pieces and add seam allowance and then use them as your pattern. Might be easiest to do the orange stripes as applique, but it's definitely doable - a lot of superhero costumes have similar designs.
>>
File: wig.png (434KB, 573x638px) Image search: [Google]
wig.png
434KB, 573x638px
Does anyone know of any places that sell a wig similar to Arda's Virginia? I want to cosplay Raven, and I'm not crazy about Arda's wigs.
>>
File: kiznaiver tenga.png (843KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kiznaiver tenga.png
843KB, 1280x720px
Question: Where can I get a wig that would be anywhere near close to this?
>>
>>9070557
>>9070560
Thanks for the response anon. I should've clarified a bit more: I used Velcro on the back of the flight deck to attach it to a Velcro strap, but the Velcro wouldn't hold and it's not going to hold in a very hot environment.

I'll probably use a safety pin again because the pin allows for more free movement of my flight deck at the cost of being tedious to remove, but I'm curious anon how your strap for that flight deck looks like? I remember seeing your stuff in the ax thread, and my flight deck is for ax as well
>>
File: renaud-galand-01-mei02-crop.jpg (290KB, 1800x845px) Image search: [Google]
renaud-galand-01-mei02-crop.jpg
290KB, 1800x845px
Currently working on Mei from Overwatch and just curious on what methods I should go about doing the boots. I've been looking at Astrid (How to Train Your Dragon) boot tutorials, but Mei's boots aren't covers and I'm too paranoid about them looking like shit.
Any advice?
>>
File: WIF_LF836_1_large.jpg (46KB, 349x480px) Image search: [Google]
WIF_LF836_1_large.jpg
46KB, 349x480px
>>9070739
wigisfashion has a straight purple widow's peak wig.
>>
>>9070861
I can take pictures of it in the morning possibly, it's all packed away in a box for the flight over to LA.
And you're going as Kaga too!?! What does your cosplay look like?? Are you wearing a wig? What did you do for the shoes??
>>
>>9070977
Bless you, anon!
>>
How would i go about sewing a pocket into a pocketless morphsuit/jumpsuit?
>>
Going to cover worbla/foam armor with thin leather with some stretch to it. Recommended glue?
>>
>>9071073
look into some kind of shoemaker's glue.
>>
Anyone have any experience Spraypainting Underarmor? I need to replicate metallic spandex
>>
What to do with your lacemarket post so it will come up at the front page again?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
Trying ribbon embroidery, critique?
>>
>>9071311
It looks gorgeous Anon! Great job!
>>
File: pic.png (1MB, 830x820px) Image search: [Google]
pic.png
1MB, 830x820px
>>9070988
This is from last year, but I'm the Kaga on the far left. Last year I wasn't able to make the boat shoes, so I used some straw zori sandals and painted it grey to make it match. I do have boat shoes that I bought, but it's pretty difficult to walk in so I'm saving that for the kancolle group meet.
>>
What's the best method for stamping/stenciling a design on fabric? I don't want to use freezer paper because it's an all over pattern, but it's a simple one so I don't really want to go spoonflower.
>>
File: midori skirt.png (509KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
midori skirt.png
509KB, 800x400px
>>9064820
Speaking of Midori, have you (or has anyone else) found a good skirt/fabric for her?
I found this fabric to make my own, but it's kind of a stretch and I'm not in love with it.
>>
>>9071700
That looks like polar fleece.
>>
>>9071700
Have you checked spoonflower??
>>
File: saiyan-in-red.jpg (106KB, 458x458px) Image search: [Google]
saiyan-in-red.jpg
106KB, 458x458px
>>9070753
I love Tenga. Maybe get a white Saiyan wig from Coscraft and dye it pink?
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
I'm looking for clear plastic vials with cork stoppers. These are for keepsakes I give to other people I find cosplaying the same game as me.
Last year, I used glass ones and over half of the initial shipment arrived broken, and others cracked during transport to the con, they were just way too fragile.

Anyone know where I'd be able to find plastic ones? Or even just glass ones that aren't going to shatter so easily- maybe a thicker glass? I'd prefer them to be about 2" tall, but that seems to be a pretty rare size to begin with.
>>
haha
>>
Im not sure what this prosthetic is called maybe its just legs, but Im looking for something that will attach to the upper body or hips and have prosthetic legs go down and attach to the users feet or ahead of the users feet. Im trying to make something that has reveres jointed knees but dont want to build stilts. Does anyone know what im trying to describe and know how to build it or at least point me to the right direction?
>>
File: CIA.png (3MB, 1912x1946px) Image search: [Google]
CIA.png
3MB, 1912x1946px
I might be cosplaying Nathan Drake. I've got the clothes, but I don't want to ruin them when I dirty them to match the pic. It's mainly the henley, as I ordered mine from the US, Pistol Lake, 100% cotton.

I'm not knowledgable about cleaning clothes, besides chucking them in the washer, so what should I use for the stains that'll wash out?
>>
>>9072067
I would shy away from actually putting mud or any kind of soil on clothes for a cosplay because it will dry out and youll just be dropping dirt everywhere and more likely it will start to smell unpleasant.
>>
>>9072067

>>9072069
here. I misread your question. If whatever youre using is washer safe and can be cleaned off, just follow the directions on the clothing and you should be fine. Just be aware most of the time with any kind of makeup or paints you put on clothing its always a good idea to test on a small part of the clothing to see if it can come off especially after being left on for an extended period of time.
>>
>>9071960
afaik, if its plastic theres a good chance it wont be corked.

I found this through some googleing, but since im fresh to cosplay I dont have experience with this company but it looks to be what youre looking for.
http://factorydirectcraft.com/catalog/products/2026_2053_2057-39000-small_slender_glass_bottles_with_cork_stoppers.html?ccset=US&zmam=62863317&zmas=1&zmac=1&zmap=39000&gclid=CKSR5dnrxs0CFUpZhgodJ78CgQ
>>
File: 1465659517598.jpg (80KB, 620x445px) Image search: [Google]
1465659517598.jpg
80KB, 620x445px
>>9065589
>let others pay for my cosplay because teehee

Swing your ass out of your smelly chair and get a job.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
I'm cosplaying Venom Snake for a convention in a week, and got some spirit gum to attach my foam horn to my head.
It's the middle of the summer, and its gonna be hot as balls during the con.

Is there anything I can do to help the gum not be sweat off, or should I got for a different adhesive?
>>
File: 20160626_162523.jpg (143KB, 496x791px) Image search: [Google]
20160626_162523.jpg
143KB, 496x791px
Anyone have any recommendations on how I could do effective contouring etc to make my Marshall lee cosplay not look weird while avoiding greying up? After looking at all the Homestuck cosplay disasters, I really want to avoid bodypaint but I also don't want to look low-effort.

Also, how does this design look so far? It's not quite ready to be put together yet but sans paint etc the shape is essentially there (minus the bottom spike)
>>
File: IMAG0270.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0270.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
What wire frame should I make to support this big hat brim? It's 37 inches in diameter. I made this criss cross frame without thinking much about it, and it of course it's not very effective at keeping the brim from folding.
>>
>>9072322
Get some millinery wire, cut it to length and sew it around the brim using a blanket stitch.
>>
>>9072352
Are there any alternatives/similar wire? I couldn't find millinary wire at my local Joanns. Also, is it enough to just make a wire around the outside?

I'm using rebar wire right now.
>>
File: 1438945667201.jpg (314KB, 1000x708px) Image search: [Google]
1438945667201.jpg
314KB, 1000x708px
I saved this illustration out of a Sakizo thread like a year ago, and I'm assembling the materials to make it. There are silhouettes of five other designs in the background, and I was wondering if anyone had any leads on the other illustrations in this series, if it is a series? I've exhausted the few resources I have. There are several people interested in possibly doing a group with me, and it would be really cool if we could all do outfits from the same set of illustrations.
>>
>>9072402
After some light Googling, I found out that the name of the book is SAKIZO×KARASU二人展プレ画集. I'll try to dig up some images for you.
>>
File: white lily.jpg (39KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
white lily.jpg
39KB, 600x450px
>>9072412
Same anon, I found these vaguely shitty photos for you.
1/2
>>
>>9072412

Thank you! No amount of googling even got me that far.
>>
File: anemone.jpg (38KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
anemone.jpg
38KB, 600x450px
>>9072419
2/2
This one reminds me of one of her Mon Amour Du Cirque tights designs. So I'm sure you can find a higher quality version.
>>
File: tights.jpg (80KB, 462x800px) Image search: [Google]
tights.jpg
80KB, 462x800px
>>9072422
And here's what I think this is. Thankfully Googling is one of my talents!
>>
File: angel.jpg (291KB, 1000x708px) Image search: [Google]
angel.jpg
291KB, 1000x708px
>>9072424
Here's the last illustration I could find from the book.
>>
>>9072431

You're a godsend, I just nabbed a copy of the book for myself.
>>
>>9072434
You're welcome anon!

Here's my question: I've been cosplaying a little over a year and I want to enter a cosplay contest at a smaller convention. What makes a cosplay "contest worthy"? I need advice for picking a character.
>>
>>9072493
There's a ton

>Finished seams
>Good fabric choices based on the characters status, resources etc
>Well styled wig
>Variety of embellishing techniques: embroidery, resin jewels, applique, eyelets etc
>Unusual materials and techniques (ex. Needed curved base for shoulder amor so cut apart a pickle tub as a base)
>Useful things like hidden pockets in your outfit and props and props that come apart for storage and travel
>Drafting your own patterns or modifying existing ones
>Lots of progress pictures and reference picture printed out.
>No rookie mistakes like saftey pins, broadcloth fabric, using painted white styrofoam or using worbla when you clearly don't know how to use it.

Most importantly don't go into a cosplay with the pure intent of winning contests because
every con and judge is different and likes different thinks and have varying levels of experience. Prizes also tend to suck ass. It's better to pick something you like then approach building it as if you're going to have it judged. Keep your skill level in mind too. Don't go for Sakizo or Trinity Blood or Clamp because they're flashy. A simpler, well-built LoZ or Sailor Moon outfit
>>
>>9072503

>Don't go for Sakizo or Trinity Blood or Clamp because they're flashy

This. Back in my day (the dark ages of 2008) people would make Trinity Blood costumes for the express purpose of winning competitions, because it was considered the be-all end-all of fancy designs. No matter how much ass the finished product sucked, they would often win just because of the sheer amount of shit glued to them.

Nowadays the same can be said for Sakizo cosplays, except there's no dedicated fandom to be mad at you for shitting up the costumes without reading the source material because they're just artbook designs. We all know you're in it for the fame and glory, but so is everyone else that does them so everyone is on equal footing.
>>
>>9072503
>>9072513
Thanks so much anons. I do most of these already so I feel like I'm definitely on the right track! I was thinking of Shuzo from Show By Rock!! or adventure class Anna from FE14 with her bow, would either of them be a good choice?
>>
File: image.jpg (468KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
468KB, 1200x1200px
>>9072571
Dropped pic, it's late here
>>
>>9072573

por que no los dos?

do one, compete, do the other later and compete in it too. they both have strong points. first one would involve custom gradient-dyeing fabric for the coat and making that crazy guitar prop, second one would involve a lot of custom patterns and has millinery out the wazoo.
>>
>>9071311
looks a little soulless to me, go wilder and deviate with the placing and sizing - it's super fun!
>>
>>9072573
Anna is a better mix of techniques and you could get into some leather, propmaking, big dumb anime structures, adding some decorative stitching etc. Biggest problem with Show by rock guy is making that gradient which can be really tough even if you're good at dyeing.
>>
>>9072359
try any home improvement store (lowes, home depot etc) they'll have chicken wire or garden wire, repurpose it. You'll need pliers most likely.
>>
File: batman burn.jpg (6KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
batman burn.jpg
6KB, 246x205px
There's a con this weekend that I've been looking forward to for months.

I just got sunburned on my face and chest, I'm all red and ridiculous looking. I've been putting aloe lotion but I'm really scared I'm still going to be red by Friday. I know I can cover up some of the red with make-up, but it's pretty bad.

Any suggestions for sunburn treatment to get rid of redness on the face? Any recommended topical treatments or vitamins?
>>
When I finish sanding my props, there's always left some scratches and some small (not deep) irregularities on the surface. I apply woodglue to even everything but it takes forever to dry and I lose a lot of time with that technic. Primer does help a little at the end.
Is it there any thick filler that comes in spray?
>>
>>9072637
>>9072592
Thanks so much for your inputs, anons! I will probably do both!!
>>
>>9072945
There is heavy body primer that might help along with filler primer; however, you can always try sanding it down with the finest grit possible.
>>
>>9072840
I got a bad sunburn as well and would love to know if there's an answer. I've seen using tea bags but Idk if that works.
>>
>>9072840
Coconut oil on the burned areas and you can add essential mint and lavender oil
>>
any advice on creating a good skit? never done one before but i've done a bit of theatre here and there
>>
File: SS_Ro-500_436_Full.png (222KB, 407x647px) Image search: [Google]
SS_Ro-500_436_Full.png
222KB, 407x647px
How can I do fake tanlines for this cosplay? I'm pale and don't want to get a real tan.
>>
>>9072123
If you want to be you'll have to get body paint. Follow normal contouring tutorials, just use shades of white black and grey instead of skin color. Practice before the con, you'll be fine.

>>9072840
Drink lots of water, keep using aloe (and get aloe with nothing added too it, sometimes aloe has alcohol and stuff which isn't helpful), use washcloths as cold compresses, stay out of the sun this week, and GET SOME SUNSCREEN.

>>9073243
Oil is not great for treating burns in general. You'd be better off with aloe, or if your burn is really bad, lidocaine.
>>
>>9073436
*want to be grey.
>>
>>9072064
bump
>>
>>9073413
go outside and get some sun you shut in

or use makeup
>>
>>9073436
No, it's that I don't want to be grey. I've seen people do him before without going grey that looked good (although it wasn't very many)
I especially want to avoid grey because I don't want to mess up my guitar prop.
>>
>>9073413
Spray tan
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
>>9060890
Looking for any advice on how the hell to even begin modifying or dealing with a jacket like this, as I'm sure it's either an original design or the jacket would run at some designer price.

> any advice on piecing together jackets
> I've never worked with leather/pleather
> advice on not killing myself
>>
>>9073571
>Buy leather jacket second hand that's close
>Buy a lot of zippers
>Install zippers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf710ZD6FQk

>Get black and silver leather paint
>Mix and test for desireable color
>Paint that shit
>>
>>9072637
I hate dyeing stuff. Even if you mix up your dye really well, add stuff that's supposed to help things take dye evenly, wash your fabric beforehand and let it dry all the way, it can still mess up.
>>
File: download.png (64KB, 500x230px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
64KB, 500x230px
>>9073577
Totally appreciate the zipper advice and everything you said, but I guess it's my fault for not giving great references.

I don't really want to just paint the sections that are bluish/black, because it looks like they're different panels all together.

I'm not very sure how to sew leather (at least well) and I wouldn't feel right if I just painted the areas. I'm at least planning on buying a jacket that I can spray with vinyl dye (that worked well with my last jacket) and a scrap one to make the black areas?

> inb4 I'm being a fag that's making it hard on myself
>>
>>9073638
>cover black areas with painters tape
>spray it
>profit
>>
File: 5166419.jpg (109KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
5166419.jpg
109KB, 1001x1001px
Is there a way that I can make a wig a bit lighter in color? I'm gonna wear this wig for Tenga Hajime because I already have it
>>
>>9073675
The only way that I've heard of lightening a wig, personally, is people leaving it out in direct sunlight for small amounts of time to make sure that it doesn't get damaged by heat or anything. I don't think bleach or anything would work.
>>
>>9073675
read the thread, someone already asked a similar question
>>
>>9070972
> the first rule of cosplay is to have fun and be yourself

No, but I think that boot covers are the only way that these aren't going to look ridiculous, and they're going to look strange in real life if they're scaled up the way that they are on her. That's how it's supposed to look.
>>
File: MD6.png (160KB, 624x345px) Image search: [Google]
MD6.png
160KB, 624x345px
Where can I find a red vest of this sort? I've only been able to find nicer V shaped ones with buttons, and I want one more casual looking.
>>
Friend is doing Umaru and I'm joining her as her fighting game character.

Where would I be able to get red star stickers this large?

Vinyl won't work, correct? so aside from decals idk what else to look towards
>>
>>9069594
Oh no no...I want to create that! Haha. Those aren't my pictures...I'm a complete idiot when it comes to anything but sewing so I'm not too sure how I would put something like that together.
>>
>>9073767
You want something soft and flexible. Try felt or jersey, but watch out for raw edges (use superglue or liquid hem). It might be best to just wear regular pasties underneath, and paste the stars on top with sock glue or fashion tape.
>>
How old is too old for wearing items with sailor collars?
>>
>>9073636
Yeah even experienced cosplayers have a hard time with gradient dye. It's easier on things like Rikku's scarf where it's narrow and the textured material can cover up an unevenness. Problem with this guy is there's a large, smooth textured area to cover and the colors don't blend into each other as nicely as analogous colors. Best luck I've had is getting a few spray bottles with a fine mist nozzle and spraying the fabric bit by bit. No idea how people pull off that dunk dye metthod
>>
I have a project I dropped and want to re use the worbla from it. How much of a pain in the ass would it be to take it apart from the foam and try to make it solid again like the tutorials for using scraps?
>>
File: image.jpg (312KB, 840x655px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
312KB, 840x655px
This is probably an easy answer but I'm an amateur. I'm currently working on Greirat and wondering what the best material for his Thrall hood would be, something firm that will hold its shape without being completely rigid. Looks like burlap or some other cheap fabric to me but I'm not sure if that would actually come out looking similar in real life.
>>
>>9073853
just stick some wire in it to hold the shape

>>9073804
never anon
someone post the picture of the two old dudes in sailor outfits
>>
>>9073853
It's actually a thin wood from the looks of it.
>>
>>9073868
Yeah the ring around the neck is, I already have that part under construction but I wasn't sure about the actual head part
>>
>>9073874
Burlap but be sure to line the inside with something soft like satin.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
What's the cheapest sewing machine I can get that's not complete ass?

I don't need anything fancy, but I don't want my costumes falling apart after a single hour of walking around.
>>
>>9073804
When you feel stupid/self conscious, same as anything. I'm in my 30s and I wear them, but only retro-ish rather than sweet lolita style.
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 768x590px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 768x590px
>>9073886
>>9073867
Thanks friends

I also cranked out a chainmail vest for this one and I was wondering what methods I could take to make it appear older and less shiny.

It's made of galvanized steel wire and I'm not worried about permanently staining it because this or other 'tarnished' costumes are the only things I would ever use it for.
>>
>>9073887
Go to Amazon and search for stuff in your price range with 4star ratings or higher. You don't need anything with super fancy stitching, just zigzag and straight is enough. Anything less than $90 is probably a piece of junk.

The Brother XL2600I is a good searching start point
>>
>>9073909
I know very little about working with chain mail but an acrylic matte or satin clear spray would be my first attempt. Would give it some protection and cuts shine
>>
>>9073874
Ah well I'm pretty sure the actual head portion is a 100% cotton linen that's heavily distressed. It's too closely woven for burlap and that would truly suck to wear on your head.
>>
File: gamagori.png (260KB, 540x610px) Image search: [Google]
gamagori.png
260KB, 540x610px
Any recommendations about how I would go about gamagoris' shirt? not really sure if its like a blazer or student jacket, or what I am looking for here.
>>
File: cloak.jpg (78KB, 600x648px) Image search: [Google]
cloak.jpg
78KB, 600x648px
I messed up my measurements in buying cloth for a cloak and the piece I bought isn't anywhere near big enough. Is it possible to discreetly stitch 2 pieces of cloth together, or should I just buy a bigger piece?
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>9073942
considering the show, probably gakuran/military jacket style with added spikes and stuff
>>
>>9073945
I would either make a seam at the center back or on the sides. It's not very noticeable if you press the seam open.
>>
>>9073413 here, another question I had was if I did use spray tan for this cosplay if people would think I'm black facing?
>>
>>9073994
Only 0.0001% of the people you encounter would think this unless you somehow came out chocolate brown. And these few people usually only attack people on the internet
>>
>>9073999
I was planning on being as artificially tan as I can get without looking like an oompa loompa. Thanks anon!
>>
What brand is the best for white body paint? I've already tried out Snazaroo, which was a disaster, and I've got a time limit. Thanks!
>>
Anyone know where i can buy a low priced fake hunting rifle thats a good size.
>>
>>9072945

Sand all the way to 1K, maybe even 2K grit, and you'll be sitting pretty. Don't just buzz everything with some 80 and fine-tune with 100. Even just going to 300-500 will give you a surface slicker than a freshly-shaved leg.
>>
File: 7934.png (111KB, 750x650px) Image search: [Google]
7934.png
111KB, 750x650px
Going to cosplay as Yoyo from Jet Set Radio Future and I'm trying to figure out the best way to create the light brown lines on his pants. The thick arc won't be that much of a problem, but I'm sturggling with the thinner lines. Any suggestions suggestions?
>>
>>9074190
Ben Nye is my go-to for white facepaint. It takes 2-3 layers, but if you seal it with BN clown white powder and some fixative spray, it's the best white facepaint I've encountered yet. If you want smooth white paint for non-face regions, try PAX paint (white acrylic paint mixed with Pros-Aide adhesive).
>>
>>9074408
What material are you using for the shorts?

Three methods for doing the lines, off the top of my head: fabric paint + freezer paper stencil; bias tape; appliques
>>
>>9074426

Also still looking for that but most likely something like twill. I'm kinda trying to stay away from fabric paint because I have some bad experiences with it (mostly just that it's always a mess). Can you sew arcs like that with bias tape?
>>
File: 167[1].png (794KB, 753x531px) Image search: [Google]
167[1].png
794KB, 753x531px
I'm making a horn for my cosplay and I don't have worbla. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4D-5cZRJFs

now, I'm completely blanking on a thin (yet durable) bendable material I can get at a store to secure the horn under my wig.

pre-con stress is hitting me way hard
>>
Is there any way to ensure a nice even coverage when tea dying? Or should I just give up and buy a real dye?
>>
File: binder.png (220KB, 392x382px) Image search: [Google]
binder.png
220KB, 392x382px
>>9074547
Get one of those plastic see through binders and cut a strip from it, pic related. Might be a bit tougher to find now that school's out for summer, but if you have an office supply store nearby, they'll have 'em.
>>
What's a good brand of sweat resistant face paint? I'm only going to be using a very small amount on my face for a few minor details.
>>
Hey /cgl/. Can I have some advice? I've just moved into an apartment and realized that I cannot make props and costumes like I used to. I don't have anywhere I can paint or make wooden pieces without my neighbours complaining about the sounds, smell and sawdust. There's no room on the tiny balcony and we don't have like an extra bedroom for me to do this. Any suggestions? Are there places, like to rent to do this?
>>
>>9074870
Any good water based paint can be made sweat proof with a base and top cost of any kind of good sealer, either in a theatre brand like ben nye or street like urban decay. Brands for paint I recommend are wolfe, ben nye, paradise. Since you said its small amounts even Snazaroo could work
>>
>>9074923
I'll look into all of those. Thanks.
>>
Hey /cgl/. Can I have some advice? I've just moved into an apartment and realized that I cannot make props and costumes like I used to. I don't have anywhere I can paint or make wooden pieces without my neighbours complaining about the sounds, smell and sawdust. There's no room on the tiny balcony and we don't have like an extra bedroom for me to do this. Any suggestions? Are there places, like to rent to do this?
>>
>>9074936
See if your town has a 'makerspace' or make friends with someone who has a garage or yard. Otherwise you might have to modify your costume choices for a while
>>
File: shoveljpg-d18fd5_1280w[1].jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shoveljpg-d18fd5_1280w[1].jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
Best way to make super-smooth spheres for a consume made mostly out of EVA foam?

I can shape the other bits p-easy, but his pauldrons and the top of his helmet need to be super-round, and about the circumference of a volley ball for the head, and a basket ball for the shoulders.

how do?
>>
>>9074936
Pay for a garage in your complex on month to month
>>
>>9074528
Different anon here. Making that with bias tape is only possible with tears, slits and wrinkles, so I'd suggest you go for appliques instead.To prove my point, try to fold any straight piece of fabric like that while keeping it flat. Bias tape can do that more easily if it has an edge to fold about, or the possibility of having a "backside".

Check out some applique tutorials, it's some basic but neat stuff. Always make your intended cut outs in paper first and check by holding them to the pants WHEN WORN. The dimensions of a garment has fucked me over several times. If you want cheap paper that's larger than A4 I suggest newspaper, but watch out for print stains.
>>
>>9074412
Thank you! This helps a lot!
>>
Hey thread, no experience at all here and I've always really like the idea of cosplaying.
I want to try to cosplay Vinegar Doppio from part 5 of JoJo. Any tips and advice? please feel free to send me like contact info so you can help me through this because I have literally no idea where to get started. Other things I'd like to cosplay include Titus Alexius from magi and Garma Zabi from gundam.
>>
File: Vinegar.Doppio.full.704007.jpg (117KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Vinegar.Doppio.full.704007.jpg
117KB, 500x750px
>>9075285
Reference if preferred
>>
>>9075305
>>
File: overwatch-mei-model-250px.png (129KB, 260x356px) Image search: [Google]
overwatch-mei-model-250px.png
129KB, 260x356px
What kind of fabric should I use for Mei's jacket? Also how would you make it that puffy? One friend of mind recommended batting.
>>
File: Titos_Full.png (372KB, 520x1110px) Image search: [Google]
Titos_Full.png
372KB, 520x1110px
>>9075312
>>
>>9074985

You could heat form the foam over a sphere shape and once it cools down it'll keep that shape fairly decently
>>
>>9060890

For affixing a thin layer of sheet metal onto an existing metal helmet, what are my best options? I am hoping to avoid solder, since I have no experience or tools for it, and I don't want to ruin a currently okay helmet with an ugly solder job to add a cosmetic detail.

Right now I am stuck between silicone sealant and metal epoxy. Anyone here worked with either? Which is more likely to work out for me?

Or is there another solution I should be aware of?
>>
>>9075330
>>9075312
>>9075305
>>9075285
Is there any out of these three that you would reccomend as a first cosplay? and if so, any tips on how I should get started?
>>
>>9075391
The second one would be the easiest. First one seems to have semi-difficult clothes and an very difficult wig. Last one one would be an easy-ish wig but difficult sewing.
What is your skill level with sewing?
>>
>>9075407
>thes and an very difficult wig. Last one

Sadly zero experience :c
>>
>>9075420
Don't make the costume itself your first project. Look up youtube videos on how to make simple skirts, tote bags, pj pants, things like that before you go all in.
>>
>>9067857
light in the box steals stock pics. those shoes are actually from angelic imprint on taobao which is fine to order from, though more complicated
>>
>>9074985
Here you go friend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLRnyhjPWfw

>>9075285
If you're new to sewing I'd advise against trying any of your ideas. There's some straightforward things but some complicated things. Instead, try some simple projects from some commercial patterns (then you also practice pattern-reading and transferring at the same time) , think t-shirts or maybe a simple dress.
>>
probably a really dumb question, but is classic fairy tales by ap a sweet or classic print? i've seen it tagged as both before. i feel like it's kind of in a gray area and could be coorded either way
>>
File: 20160628_175007.jpg (1008KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
20160628_175007.jpg
1008KB, 1632x1224px
I'm trying to mod these boots for a cosplay, but the pair I really like are the only pair I have. As you can tell, I wear them quite a lot and they're pretty damn comfortable.
I forget what brand they are and the label has LONG worn off. Does anybody recognize them or have another brand that could work?
I really don't want to have to make boots from scratch.
>>
>>9075390
Epoxy is your best bet for this as it is strong as hell. The stuff has lasted me years. the only issue is its messy and unclean looking unless ur extremely careful.
>>
File: gun.jpg (22KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
gun.jpg
22KB, 800x450px
hey,
I want to build this gun shaped object for a project.
I'd like to build it from foam.

how would you do this ?
should I just cut it to the rough shape with a hot wire cutter and then and it down ?

also what kind of foam would you use and how would you finish it ?
I'd like it to be semi glossy and white.
>>
>>9075537
>>9075385
domo
>>
>>9076410
Insulation foam
Cut two of rough shape
Dig a trench in the middle and embed a wooden dowel between the two pieces so it doesn't snap
Sand and cut that shit
Gesso everywhere
Sand that shit too
Or plastidip
Glossy white paint

Or go buy a color guard rifle
>>
File: 1.png (552KB, 575x597px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
552KB, 575x597px
So, to make sure that my make-up is accurate, I'm planning on buying a weft and using that to make a fake unibrow for my Rick Sanchez cosplay (obviously just just gluing a strip of hair down and calling it a day).

Any tips? I have about a month to execute it properly (hoping Arda restocks the color I need soon...)

I did the whole covering my brows thing at my last con and I didn't like it at all (I have pretty dark eyebrows so they just never cover completely). I also just want it to look a bit more realistic.

Picture for reference.
>>
>>9076689
I'm not an expert on make up and the like, but couldn't you try dyeing your eyebrows the same colour as whatever you're using to cover them?
>>
>>9076862
Dyeing eyebrows is tricky and I'd rather not risk it coming out horribly.
>>
the character i want to cosplay wears earrings, but i have no pierced ears myself. is there an alternative to do this?
>>
>>9076956
There are clip on earrings.
>>
File: Neferpitou_appearence_2011.jpg (104KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
Neferpitou_appearence_2011.jpg
104KB, 300x450px
anyone know of any decent priced clothes that could be altered or used for this character?
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 452x560px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 452x560px
Okay this might be a stupid question, but would it be in bad taste to wear an afro wig for a Nabeshin cosplay?

He is showing up at a local con, and since I think he's hilarious I want to wear his iconic outfit.
Also, do you think I'll encounter any pissy SJWs, or do you think it will be fine?
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 985x1174px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 985x1174px
What kind of
>jacket
>vest
>sunglasses
does JC wear?
>>
>>9077683
There's literally nothing wrong with wearing an afro wig. Anybody who argues otherwise is honestly not worth listening to.
>>
>>9079118
>>9079118
>>9079118
New thread.
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 111

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.