[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Newbie Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
Hey /cgl/,
>what advice do you give to someone who knows nothing about Lolita?
>What are some staples for any Lolita wardrobe?
>what are some tips for a first timer?
>>
lurk more and don't use an ita-tier anime character as a header for a lolita thread
>>
Use Google. There are guides. Don't be so lazy and expect people to give you help if you can't put in the tiniest effort.
>>
Advice: Don't do this
>>
Don't reply to our resident troll. If you see someone commenting with things like "lurk more" or "you sound fat" or "kys" DO NOT REPLY.
This person likes to bring up topics that have been discussed to death and usually has to do with weight, to attempt to derail threads.
We need to go into lock down mode on ignoring this bitch.
>>
>>9058583
Go on the Lolita tips tumblr.
Look at the ita thread so you get can idea of what NOT to do.
Best of luck.
>>
Dropping off three essential guides:

http://fyeahlolita.blogspot.de/p/what-is-lolita.html

http://thelolitaguidebook.tumblr.com/

http://lolita-tips.tumblr.com/

They cover pretty much everything you need to know to get a grip what Lolita is about, what to do, what not to do etc.

If you have more questions, I'd recommend using the Help Thread here or the Stupid Questions Thread (didn't see one in a while).

Also do NOT open up a new thread for every single question you might have and look for fitting general threads. /cgl/ is a slow board and alot gulls tend to get salty whenever an old thread dies unneccessarily.
>>
>>9058747
We have to teach newbies to avoid taking bait in general. The high influx of casual users on cgl is part of the reason she's still here because they keep engaging her antics. It's totally fine to talk about her, the point is don't give her any replies. She gets bored really easily and stops trying.
>>
>>9058586
>implies they know the difference between ita and lolita which they don't because newbie
Just don't listen to the assholes, anon. It's a very pretentious group on cgl. It's very overwhelming getting into JFash in general, so wait for more helpful anons.
>>
>>9058583
Hi there. I would say stay off of cgl and delve into the EGL livejournal. read the guides and helpful questions saved in the memories, chat with people, ask all the questions you want (one at a time, don't bombard people).
this place is not the best place for newcomers...it's really the shady bar down the road where the old people complain, reminisce, enjoy hard-earned refined tastes, and suck salt off eachother's fingers. I'm not even sure I'm supposed to be on here as much as I am.
please, do your research in the large garden of lolita resources on the internet. this is the watering hole and people here don't like to teach.
>>
>>9059184
100% accurate
>>
>>9058837
shut up newfag
>>
File: O K.png (300KB, 482x557px) Image search: [Google]
O K.png
300KB, 482x557px
>>9059184
>>
>>9058583
there are other cool jfashions too anon. I want to build a fairy kei and larme wardrobe (you can google these to get an idea)
>>
>>9058586
Not ita, old school
>>
>>9058790
>>9058790
Thiiiiiis
>>
>>9059184
>people here don't like to teach
More like they don't know how to.
>>
>>9062663
Not oldschool, ita as hell.
>>
>>9062710
Zoink. It's not anyone's job on here to teach people but people get pissed as if a newbie is specifically asking THEM for help.
>>
File: image.jpg (312KB, 943x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
312KB, 943x960px
>>9062721
Really? I just see old school like pic related.
>>
>>9062737
honestly she has some items that are very old school appropriate, and other things that just look odd or ita. The lace placement is ok, but the lace looks awful. The necktie doesn't make sense either, it's more like a fusion between an artist's interpretation of ita and a high school uniform. which makes sense.
>>
>>9062737
>Mismatched blouse and tights
>Oldschool
>Doesn't know there are multiple substyles of oldschool

Speaking of newfags who need to fuck off.
>>
>>9058837
>>9062663
Stop saying dumb shit, it confuses the newbies.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.