[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 42

File: egg2[1].jpg (947KB, 1040x735px) Image search: [Google]
egg2[1].jpg
947KB, 1040x735px
Old thread >>9047821
>>
File: pop[1].jpg (496KB, 612x859px) Image search: [Google]
pop[1].jpg
496KB, 612x859px
>>
File: P12VT334-12[1].jpg (113KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
P12VT334-12[1].jpg
113KB, 480x640px
Shiny Drop set (aatp)
>>
This print was popular the first time around so I thought I'd post this too, Sakuya Lolita is doing another round of their stars print. This run seems to be really short, though.
>>
File: cp18-1-1[1].jpg (734KB, 820x1062px) Image search: [Google]
cp18-1-1[1].jpg
734KB, 820x1062px
F+F
>>
File: P12OJ215_misako-01[1].jpg (120KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
P12OJ215_misako-01[1].jpg
120KB, 480x640px
Ending with worn yellow colourway of the aatp print gulls were talking about last thread.
>>
where are some good places to get goth-friendly footwear that goes up to a size 9?
>>
>>9054733
>ends the 17th
well fuck, hope my SS buys it in time.
>>
>>9054719
Oh man I love this in every cut, especially the all-over print one. Meta please take my whole paycheck right now
>>
>>9054719
fuck I love eggs but.... the checkered pattern is a bit much for me
>>
>>9054763
Size 9 in what, US? M or W? Several taobao brands do large/custom sizing in shoes. Also, for general chunky goth shoes and boots, you can try Demonia. They make a few cute chunky heels and platform MJs.
>>
>>9054719
I didn't know they were releasing this print again.
>>
>>9054743
This is gorgeous and I don't care what any of you say, I could coord the hell out of this print
>>
>>9054740
I like this, I'd love to see it used in different coords.
>>
>>9054852

They're releasing it as their summer special set. There's mention of a summer lucky pack on their tumblr as well, no pics or anything of that though.

I had the original Fancy Egg in blue, but I gotta say the print seems to look much better on the dark red, I'm very tempted to pick this up.

Gotta say, I love this new habit of re-releasing old hits as special sets.I wonder if they'll get around to making special set releases of older past hits like Blooming Garden?
>>
>>9054878

Glad to see someone likes it. I was bracing for someone to bitch that it wasn't lolita.

This is the other print they previewed, honestly I think this one looks like a mess, but I guess we should wait for nicely styled photos instead of hasty booth photos...?
>>
>>9054804
Which SS are you using? Pruany is pretty fast and you can use their chat message feature to ask them to quickly give you a quote/buy your items (though it seems that a person is available to chat only at random times).
>>
File: kirachess.jpg (83KB, 250x367px) Image search: [Google]
kirachess.jpg
83KB, 250x367px
>>9054719
>>9054724
All of the harlequin? Not my favorite trend but I can roll w it
>>
File: tumblr_o804esgaVm1s0s30po1_1280.gif (23KB, 320x245px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o804esgaVm1s0s30po1_1280.gif
23KB, 320x245px
How do I order from Q-Pot?
>>
Just got my wundelt confirmation email. Is it normal to have your address section look like this:
No data (address)no data
>>
>>9055215
Hmm, my last order is a few weeks old, but in my conformation email this section contains valid data.
>>
>>9055215
reply asap and ask about updating your address.
if you used Paypal and are waiting to get an updated total, with shipping amount, from them then you definitely have time to confirm your address
>>
>>9055215
No, you're supposed to fill out the address field with your address when you order...
>>
I'm trying to checkout on LorinaLiddell but some technical issue is preventing the payment screen from coming up, and the error message is telling me to try again in a few minutes...except I've been trying for an hour. anyone experienced this before?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1466006645953.jpg (22KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1466006645953.jpg
22KB, 480x640px
BtSSB new model looks like a greesy brand ita. Baby, what were you thinking?!
>>
>>9055486
I looked on every website and I couldn't find this.
>>
>>9055486
what is up with her hair?
>>
>>9055316
I did fill out my full adress but around my adress there are no data words. I cant really screen cap it rn to better show what I mean but it kinda looks like this
Nodata112 chicken street orlando, fl 56674nodata
>>
>>9055498
It's on their fb. "I checked the whole internet you guys."
>>
>>9054719
So are the only colors going to be red and black?

> :/
>>
>>9055486
So they could market better to lanky white broads with thin, greasy hair who want to be basic af.
>>
>>9055486
She's not modeling a new dress. They released Marie Antoinette earlier this year.
>>
>>9055486
obvious shoop, shitty dropshadow. next.
>>
damn it, do i buy my dream dress now and have credit card debt or do i watch someone else get it and wait painfully for another year to two..?

help gulls, my brandlust is strong.
>>
>>9055486
I now have even more respect for IW knowing how to pick the pretty models. hell, even Mr. Yan has been shown to have some standards with his thirst for white people.
>>
>>9055551
Can you pay it back before you get charged interest or do you have a regular income and can pay it back promptly?
>>
>>9054724
Good, this is hideous. I'm not tempted to buy it.
>>
>>9055318
Yea this happened to me a month ago. I emailed them and got no response. So I guess they don't want money.
>>
Requesting that photo of the petti comparisons

And for those going to Urban fairytale, how long did it take for your email where they invoiced you? I havent gotten a reply in a few days so im worried i typed the wrong email....

>>9055192
lurk more but tenso
>>
>>9055486
Honestly she would look a lot better with bangs.
>>
>>9055661
wow, a month ago...yikes. I'm doomed then.
Guess I'll try somewhere else. Thanks a lot for weighing in on this!
>>
I'm not certain if anyone would know this- but I'm going to be in Japan in August and I was wondering, do you think any of APs stores will still have the Holy Lacy set for sale in store? I'm hoping so, since it doesn't seem terribly popular, but I don't know how long they keep stuff in store before cycling it out for newer sets.

I don't have the money to order it right now, but I will by the time I go over there.
>>
>>9055544
Of course there is a shitty drop shadow, what do did you expect? That they photograph them in front of that backdrop?

It is on their official FB and it says something like "Shop staff recommends", so maybe she works in one of their shops?
>>
>>9055699
Yeah, their stuff sits for a long time. But if people buy it then you're out of luck. At least in Tokyo you can just try the next AP shop a train stop away.
>>
>>9055699
They still had tons of Whipped Jacquard which was released in October when I was in Japan in December. Two months sounds pretty reasonable if it's unpopular enough to sit around. If they have a big sale in the meantime, they might vanish. I don't know what their schedules for those are.
>>
File: B40OJ212_misako-01[1].jpg (111KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
B40OJ212_misako-01[1].jpg
111KB, 480x640px
>>9055489
>>9055527
>>9055556
I honestly can't tell if I'm an autistic funsucker or if /cgl/ is actually retarded anymore. Probably a combination of both. Pic related is the actual photo they used.

>>9055704
Caps or I call shenanigans.
>>
>>9055486
I'm pretty sure this is one of their shop girls? They've photographed her before (as well as some other not-so-great lolitas) and mentioned something about photos of staff. Similar to Liz Lisa shop staff coords etc.
>>
>>9055705
>>9055707
Well this is reassuring to hear. Thanks, helpful anons. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I'm a sucker for APs solid color releases.
>>
>>9055556
Are you new? IW chan was so chunky and had the ugliest hair
>>
>>9055551
If the choice is between being in debt and missing out on a dress then do not pick debt unless you can pay it back promptly. I don't care how strong your brandlust is, a dress is not worth sacrificing financial stability. It never will be even if it's Puppet Circus.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 250x333px
>>9055726
Idk why but I always found her adorable.
>>
>>9055716
I've also seen it on their Facebook anon. Have you even looked?
>>
File: image.png (642KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
642KB, 750x1334px
>>9055716
As requested.
>>
>>9055789
Oh... wow. I am so sorry for doubting you but Jesus Christ that is unfortunate.
>>
>>9055789
She'd be fine with a wig. She has an ok to pretty face, it's just the bang-less thin hair thats throwing it off.
>>
>>9055192
Q-pot has an international website: http://intl.q-pot.jp/ as well as a USA website: http://usa.q-pot.jp/
>>
>>9055789
This girl needs bangs. I'm shocked she works for Baby and has none.
>>
File: _20160615_172624.jpg (232KB, 1226x1685px) Image search: [Google]
_20160615_172624.jpg
232KB, 1226x1685px
>>9055738
That's the first time I've ever seen her look nice.
>>
>>9055905
come on now, this is a tuber quality photo of her when she was clearly like 14. look at those baby fat cheeks! I find her to have grown up well and she embodies the youthful class that IW is all about.

>>9055799
>"ok to pretty"
>two horrifying holes for a nose
>>
>>9055704
She's the Paris BtSSB clerk
>>
>>9056034
Yeah, seriously. I try to be kind to the uh less than fortunate looking, but she looks legitimately bad. Surely they could have done something with her hair and makeup. Or, 2016--why not shoop her to high heaven?
>>
New pic of Diner Doll
>>
>>9056225
The clown shoes look with those socks is unfortunate but damn that purse is cute
>>
>>9055534
They are talking about the model. Not the dress she's wearing.
>>
>>9055738
so just curious, is IW chan into lolita outside of modeling?
>>
>>9055738
This looks like the kind of portrait you'd find in some grandparents hallway and the grandma always points to it when she talks about her precious grand daughter.
>>
>>9055738
I always wondered if she and their other blond model were related, they looked too alike for it to be coincidence
>>
>>9055680
I had the owner's as my FB friend and he hasn't even been active there. Maybe something happened? They haven't updated since December
>>
>>9055699
Beginning of August? Summer sales start at the end of july and last for a while. Holy lacy is pretty new right? So maybe itll be 30% off and you have a good chance. If it goes to 50% off you might be out of luck.
>>
File: combined.jpg (710KB, 1500x584px) Image search: [Google]
combined.jpg
710KB, 1500x584px
>>9054917
>https://www.metamorphose.gr.jp/product/detail/13353

Sample photos are up for the summer lucky packs. The blouses look simple and elegant.

Are meta lucky packs generally worth getting?
>>
>>9055551
Unless you have a means of paying for it quickly, don't go with the credit card. I ended up getting myself in a lot of CC debt (dental work, helping my dad with vet bills, etc) and while I managed to pay it all off with a lot of hard work, it's not something I willingly do again. I do put dresses on my card, but never more than what I can pay for in a month or so.
>>
>>9056790

>>9056790

I wonder if Meta will ever get back to doing blind leftovers LPs.

As for the worth of the skirt LP, usually the skirt is the non-border print and fully shirred. So it's good for daily lolitas since it's easy to wear, or plus-sized lolitas since the waistband goes up pretty big. The blouses are usually sized bigger than other brands, the material is decent and soft, though it doesn't have a lot of lace on it (which is a matter of your taste, I suppose). Meta's socks are generally good as well, you just have no control over what print it is.

If these things sounds like what your wardrobe needs, then yeah, it's a pretty good deal. Otherwise, Meta LP stuff can be hard to move on the secondhand market.

Their accessories are somewhat hit-or-miss. Historically I've gotten mostly duds that I don't use, but mine includes LPs from this one year where they made cameo necklaces and hairbows specifically for their LPs, so they were worse quality than usual.
>>
>>9055486
She looks a bit like celticfreefall. She's not greasy, just needs a wig
>>
>>9056542
Rumour was that the newer one was the younger sister of the Draco girl
>>
what do you do when a seller's listing that was meant for you gets sold on LM? they forgot to mark it as reserved..

i'm really upset i might miss out because of someone else's mistake. it was a really big wishlist item for me.
>>
>>9056790
I've been getting them for the last few years and as previous Anon said they usually have good dailywear items. Blouses tend to be nice with a bust of about 100cm and the skirts are very stretchy and comfy but may be a bit short for some as they're only 45cm long but tend to have nice enough lace on them. It may be just me but I find it pretty easy to sell the skirts in my local comm.
Another good thing is that you can choose a light or dark pack so they're good if you need some not very specific wardrobe fillers. So generally I'd say they're worth it but they come out about twice a year so you can always wait for the next round.
>>
File: 1303044294106.jpg (361KB, 1008x1116px) Image search: [Google]
1303044294106.jpg
361KB, 1008x1116px
>>9054988
I do use Pruany, and they did buy it in time.
>>
Where can I find the pictures of Meta's upcoming releases? A friend showed me a picture of a starry dress with buildings but didn't give me the source. I'm guessing Kera but where?
>>
IW is not being original these days.
>>
>>9056975
Why is the designer so obsessed with the Union Jack. Flags are boring anyway, they should do some heraldry prints instead. Where are my royal French, Spanish or German prints? I'm sick of the endless repition of the British theme.
>>
>>9056963
try lolita updates on facebook
>>
>>9056927
cry in a corner. if it wasn't listed as reserved they have to sell it to the person who bought it or face a strike against them
>>
>>9056988
I want a Revolutionary-era U.S. flag print. Colonial fashion would be such a cute inspiration for something like the look Innocent World goes for.
>>
>>9056975
Fucking teaboos. this is hideous
>>
>>9055699
If you don't find it at the central Tokyo shops, try their Yokahama store, they had some older pieces that I was pretty surprised to see on the racks when I was there last month. You might also get lucky and find it at Closet Child for a decent price, depending on color.
>>
>>9057023
The Revolutionary War would be great material for JetJ actually. Too bad they are stuck at making cat prints and ugly naked renaissance and rococo people prints forever.
>>
>>9057082
And botany prints please
>>
Sooo I have a halterneck dress that I feel craves a more roccoco-style blouse. Would it work with the neckline of pictured blouse?
>>
>>9057082
>>9057183

Hell fucking yes
>>
Please take the gender and eugenics talk elsewhere before lolita general gets nuked. Thanks.
>>
>>9054917
>Gotta say, I love this new habit of re-releasing old hits as special sets.I wonder if they'll get around to making special set releases of older past hits like Blooming Garden?

I would love a re-release of the black/red Apple colorway, or the cherry print they did in 2005 or 2006.
>>
Has anyone here had experience with removing shirring from a skirt? I know how to do it, but I have a couple of really old meta skirts that have that tiny, stiff panel of shirring and I'm wondering if it'll make a significant enough different to do so. They sorta fit now, but sit really tight even though if I pull, I can get the shirring to stretch more for a better fit.
>>
Hey ladies (and gents)!
So I'm more of a cosplay gal myself but I'd like to dabble in Lolita bc the coords are super cute! I hear it is super hard to break into the community and girls are really mean to people just starting out. What are your thoughts? What are great starter brands? What is the general consensus on making your own dresses?
>>
>>9057289
Lurk more.
>>
>>9057291
Will do! Any other tips?
>>
>>9057183
Take my money.
>>
>>9057294
Develop your own style, make practice coords, fall in love with specific items and plan around them, then jump on a sale if you find stuff you want second hand.
>>
>>9057311
Great advice! Thank you!
>>
>>9057289
If you are making your own dresses know that if you use cheap materials your dress will look cheap, even if your sewing is perfect. Handmade Lolita can be gorgeous, if you do it right and don't cut corners.
>>
>>9057317
That is definitely the plan if I do make anything. I'm a stickler for quality fabrics and quite the perfectionist. You get what you pay for
>>
>>9057258
Well it sounds like it won't be so tight. Isn't that what you're after?
>>
>>9057289
>>9057322
When in Rome, do as the Roman's do. I highly suggest you follow the standard lolita path, which is: lurk more, save up, buy a simple brand outfit. ask for help, learn, make mistakes, get better.

the community is very receptive to newbies who ask for and follow advice, but sometimes people come off mean because we run into too many special snowflakes who think the rules don't apply to them.

I don't recommend making your own clothes if you have never owned a brand piece before. You won't have the right references or aesthetic and that means a high chance of failure. This can ruin your experience with the fashion. Lolita is a very high investment hobby, both in time and finances. If you treat it with the respect it deserves, then people won't have a problem with you.

A helpful introductory resource: http://lolitahandbook.tumblr.com/
It's not the be all, end all of lolita, but it's a good place to start. Good luck!
>>
>>9057328
>lately

newfag
>>
>>9057289
It's not very hard to break into the community as long as you know how to behave yourself around other people. Honestly, that's all it takes. Most drama begins and ends with people harboring negative feelings/bearing grudges/throwing tantrums without talking things out like adults.
More importantly though, remember that it's a fashion style first and foremost. You can enjoy it on your own, and you don't have to join a community or meet up with other lolitas in order to wear it. Sounds like a no-brainer but it's something that people somehow tend to forget.
>>
>>9057329
This is good advice.

Only other thing I'd add is this:
Don't seek validation, take criticism with a grain of salt, if you ask for advice and don't take it, any fallout is 100% on you.
This community is really really small, all things considered, remember that before you make enemies.
>>
>>9057329
Thank you so much! Great advice! I'm certainly aware that there are rules in the community and such but the link you gave will certainly help. I agree with buying brand first and making things much later once I'm more experienced with the community. Financial investment isn't a big problem for me, neither is investing the time, so hopefully my local community will be accepting of a newbie such as me. Thanks again for the advice!
>>
>>9057347
Good advice! I'm not really an enemy maker or a drama queen. I tend to be more of the polite peacekeeper. I'm looking to make more friends who love pretty things and dressing super cute with full coords.
>>
>>9057210
>halterneck
I wouldn't risk it
>>
Question, has anyone seen any brolitas wear otome kei brands (Emily Temple Cute, Jane Marple, etc.) before?
>>
>>9057437
>brolita
>bro-Lolita
>otome kei
>completely different fashion than Lolita

Are you high?
>>
>>9057438
There's no otome kei thread and yes, it's 4:20pm here.
>>
>>9057443
then make one instead of posting in the LOLITA general
>>
why are lolitas so fucking indecisive? my comm is trying to coordinate a mini twinning event and the person i'm paired just won't agree with anything.

i want to bail on the event because she's getting on my nerves, but i dont know how to do so without coming off as rude..
>>
>>9057210
I want this blouse now after making fun of it and can't find it on taobao. Link please?
>>
>>9057454
Yes, because one girl's actions totally speak for a multinational hobby as a whole. Those lolitas are just so terrible at everything, aw shucks, that includes me and you! Rotten luck!
>>
File: realest real.jpg (43KB, 446x591px) Image search: [Google]
realest real.jpg
43KB, 446x591px
stop derailing lolita gen please. take the fat talk elsewhere before this thread gets nuked.
>>
>>9057023
Hamilton print when??
>>
I really want to start meeting other lolitas again but I'm so anxious about getting involved with comms (again), what the hell do I do? Where do I start? I don't want to go back to my local comm but I don't know how to reach out to other comms, I feel so isolated... I'm so sick of this, pleased help me!
>>
File: 001.jpg (273KB, 456x640px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
273KB, 456x640px
less fighting, more frills!
>>
>>9057478
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.w4004-11686224262.47.d4wOGx&id=528672268369
>>
>>9057505
Second!
>>
File: lief 2016 sailor series.png (794KB, 592x595px) Image search: [Google]
lief 2016 sailor series.png
794KB, 592x595px
Gulls, please, someone is purposefully bringing up hot-button issues to get threads nuked. Don't respond to the trolls.

Lief's releasing this dress in two colorways and two materials, organdy and chiffon. Cost is $175. Thoughts? In navy, it reminds me of Fairy Marine but in a more flattering cut.
>>
>>9057505
the Broadway costumes really bring out how much ouji is influenced by that era.

would love a Schuyler Sisters lolita print and a My Shot/10 Duel Commandments-inspired ouji version
>>
>>9057587
have you seen what's being done recently? thanks to HWC sometimes upwards of 80% of a threads posts devolve into arguing. do you blame them for just deciding to delete the thread?
>>
File: 002.jpg (20KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
20KB, 236x354px
>>
>>9056975
i love the double breasted look but that bottom...
>>
>>9057580
That's really cute. I love Fairy Marine, but didn't get it because of the cut. The only thing I don't care for is the mismatched buttons.
>>
File: 1450307803700.jpg (112KB, 736x1104px) Image search: [Google]
1450307803700.jpg
112KB, 736x1104px
So on the AP Holy Theater unboxing video from Deer Stalker, they mentioned this in the comments:
Guys we need your help! I know we keep talking about Patreon all the time, but without your support we won't be able to continue making these videos. We're currently at less than half of our operational costs, meaning we'd need to reach double what we're currently earning in order to break even, and only after that would we be able to start investing in bigger and better productions. If you want to see more lolita content in the future, please considering signing up to our Patreon~

Their patron is currently at $270aud a month ... so their operational costs per video is roughly $430 give or take?
I'm no film maker but why on earth would it cost so much? They own all of their own equipment so far as I know, are they just factoring in fuel costs to get to location, hours spent filming and editing, ect?
>>
>>9057714
Costs are not just equipment. They will be taking into account time (since filming, editing, and other post productions are a time sink) as realistically you can only give so much time to projects that are hobby based when you have work that brings in money to do. Assuming the couple are the only ones that do this work, it is a lot of work to do for quality videos.

Its like any art based thing on patreon, the more they get a month, the more they can put into the art creating content that they want to and fans want to, vs what you need to do to make a living. It doesnt sound like their goal is to make a living solely on patreon like some people try to do, but they are putting long term goals for what they can create if they get x amount a month.
>>
>>9056225
still ugly
>>
>>9057714
Actually Patreon only deals in USD. So Deerstalker are getting more like $360 AUD minus Patreon's 5% cut and a 2% PP fee. So about $330Aud
>>
File: 1466102987032.png (1MB, 3641x4569px) Image search: [Google]
1466102987032.png
1MB, 3641x4569px
just found this on /x/ and holy shit
>MYYYY BRRRAAAAAANNNNNNNDDDD!!!
>>
>>9057935
This is too small/compressed to read and it pisses me off
>>
>>9057944
what? just open it in a different tab and zoom in
>>
>>9057358
With your mindset I think you'd be good to go. Lurking is honestly the best advice.
>>
>>9057935
Sounds fake. Who wear's expensive brand to school anyway? Also
>touch boob
Really OP? Could've figured she was batshit insane and stayed away from her.
>>
What was the last chocolate print AP released?
>>
>>9056975
I really dislike the way they keep positioning the flag it always makes the garments look disjointed to me
>>
>>9057183
please
>>
>>9058077
Chocolate Rosette got re-released, but before that I can only think of Whip Jacquard, which flopped.
>>
>>9056975
They sure are loving that tassel bodice lately.
>>
>>9056225
Is that the best model they could find...wew
>>
>>9056975

I am so bored of IW.
>>
Flaky sellers are the worst. I am super ticked off, I had confirmed my purchase with a seller and left my PayPal for days only to find out she randomly decided to sell to someone else today.

I don't understand why someone would do this at all. I notice this happens the most with Lolita sales, is it just a trend for lolitas to be flakes?
>>
>>9058142
Does Whip Jacquard count as a chocolate print?

I mean, I guess it comes in chocolate-colored colorways...
>>
File: clarks-phenia-desert.jpg (10KB, 565x377px) Image search: [Google]
clarks-phenia-desert.jpg
10KB, 565x377px
I am looking for a pair of casual, comfortable shoes. I'm not talking something for meets, just some comfort shoes that I can walk around in while wearing lolita/otome and not feel like an ita for wearing something awful.
I'm just looking for something basic (considering pic related in a different colour) that isn't really "cute", but a classic style that can be worn with anything.

What do you all generally wear?
>>
>>9057714
I'm sorry but so many of their videos as of recent have been unboxings.
I'm not giving cash to a group of people who sit in front of a camera and show off something they got in the mail.
Anybody can do that.
>>
File: shoes3.png (483KB, 1238x523px) Image search: [Google]
shoes3.png
483KB, 1238x523px
>>9058241
You can try certain ballet flats, mary janes or oxfords with a tiny heel (not your picture, these are too masculine).
>>
>>9058255
Well without money they can't do much more.
>>
>>9058241
Don't get these, they're desert boots and don't go with dresses.
Flat oxfords and Mary Janes should work just fine. Stick with leather instead of suede. You can also put insoles in shoes you have to add some comfort if needed.
>>
>>9056975
it's the glorious 12th of July soon. Tempted to get this and pair it with an orange sash.
Look out belfast
>>
>>9058281
>>9058275
I was planning on oxfords but couldn't find any, I liked these because they were very simple and clean, but a bit clunky and masculine looking. A bit like these, but less slipper-like:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_D6bdv2JFr-4/S5ZbPjaeMRI/AAAAAAAABqw/f5AcTmrwjdI/s1600-h/Fruits+Issue+29_Page_04.jpg
>>
>>9058305
Couldn't find any? Really? Search polyvore for name brand or ebay, amazon, and aliexpress for China made ones. I gauruntee you can find oxfords, I've bought many of them.

That shot looks like an old street fashion coordinate and doesn't seem like it would work as modern lolita style.
>>
File: haenuli.jpg (227KB, 1800x972px) Image search: [Google]
haenuli.jpg
227KB, 1800x972px
Am I crazy or is that mustard color kind of nice? You rarely see it in lolita.
>>
Does anyone find it weird how few people wear lolita on a daily basis? With other fashions like goth or punk, it's a fashion. But lolita, it just seems like a dress up game to go out with friends to the vast majority of wearers.
Why do so few people wear lolita regularly?
>>
>>9058389
There's a whole thread about this. Though not daily, most people seem to wear it at least on a semi-regular basis. Which seems normal to me and not weird at all.

Also wtf does "a dress up game to go out with friends" mean? Do you have a problem with people who wear lolita when going out with friends?
>>
>>9058393
I meant only to go to meet ups and such. It's common for plenty of different groups to only wear certain clothes on certain occasions, but they are never insistent that it is a fashion, especially not to the extent lolitas are,
>>
I saw in the last weeks lolita news something about a girl posting on cof who had stolen from Beladonna, and people called her out in it. Any one have caps of this?
>>
>>9058389
Do you know how expensive it is to be a daily Lolita? Just the wardrobe building is intense, keeping your staples up to date to replace them when worn down is an extra expense.

I don't like wearing all of my shoes because once the soles wear down I'm boned and have to buy a new pair. If I sweat too much in my socks, they'll stain from it and not only lose resale value, they'd be an extra cost for me to buy a new pair. Same with blouses, I'd have to wash them more and that slowly wears down the material.

Not to mention trying to afford so many dresses. It's not the same as wearing a pair of jeans where one can get you through three days straight--people will notice you're wearing your dress a lot, so you'd have to buy more dresses because you'll stand out.

So unless you already own that much there's no problem with just wearing them on fun outings with friends personally. I own enough that I can wear it most weekends of the year but I prefer not to.
>>
>>9058474
Not too hard. You have blouses and bloomers as your base, this protects your dress from sweat, stains, and wear. Buy cheao taobao in bulk(blouses ca 30 usd, bloomers ca 16), or settle for normalfagtier blouses off of secondhand.

Dresses and skirts are cheaper from Taobao and bodyline. Cutsews from bodyline are dirt cheap. Plain Kneesocks are cheap from hm and even cheaper on the web. You don't need a petticoat everyday, just a good underskirt to protect your skirts and dresses, unless you wear a lot of pantyhose, they fill about the same function.

Fancy burando stuff are for special outibgs
>>
>>9058389
Lolita is mostly a special occasion wear,but still a fashion. What's so hard to understand?
>>
>>9058519
Why would you settle for shit clothing from taobao and bodyline just to wear an impractical fashion everyday? Shit quality. Why waste the money on that.

>>9058396
Most people wear lolita when they want to. Unless you have a job that you can wear whatever, you are going to spend your money on clothing you can actually wear to work. Even if you can wear lolita to work, most people will want other options because lolita is not the most comfy or practical thing to wear. That just means that most people will wear lolita on the weekends/ after work. Which is often enough if you have friends.

The thing with goth, is that because it isnt strictly one look, you can wear all black and make a goth outfit that is from mainstream stores and is work appropriate. The lack of a single style gives flexibility. On the other hand, goths do the same thing, they wear weird clothing with their friends, and outings. Lolita just has a definition of hanging out with people that we call meet ups, goths dont have that. I dont see why you think that most people only wear it to meet ups though, because looking at what gets posted on COF, a lot of those is just hanging out with friends.
>>
>>9058474
Lolita isn't that much more expensive than normalfag clothing unless you have only ever thrifted normalfag stuff/bought from Primark or whatever the US equivalent is. You only need 30 main pieces to not repeat a dress or skirt in a month, and blouses, socks etc are pretty cheap and not all of them have to be brand, a lot of the frilly ruffled OL stuff works with lolita. If you have print socks that you worry about sweating in then don't be so gross, use some foot anti perspirant/deodorant, get the ballet flat socks to use as liners, etc. Hand washing is a thing, or the delicate cycle + wash bag with gentle detergents not enzyme ones. Reheeling shoes is not that expensive and if you buy decent leather loliable shoes rather than shitty PU ones you'll get years out of them, resoling lasts ages if you have a good cobbler.
>>
>>9058412
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/cgl/thread/S9047934#p9048232
Keep up
>>
>>9057714
Scarfing Scarves also started a Patreon. I honestly always loose a bit of respect when youtubers beg for money like this. It's their hobby and not a job. If you don't have the funds for it, stop or start saving until you have enough money to continue, like people with other hobbies do. Imagine a Lolita starting a patreon "to give the world more of her amazing coords! :))".
>>
>>9058389
For me, it's because even having 20 different JSKs would be too few. With normie clothes, it's fine to throw on a pair of jeans for three days in a row, but lolita is so much more eye-catching that it's obvious when you're reusing a dress. And then, that means you need blouses, boleros, tights, shoes etc to match. If I wear jeans three days in a row, it means wearing a different shirt/blouse each day. In lolita? I have a few blouses that match one or two JSKs and that's it. Each blouse has a designated one or two JSKs.

if i were rich, then it would be easier. But I'm not. I can't afford 20 JSKs, 80 blouses, ~20 pairs of tights etc.

Imo if you are a daily lolita you either: Sew your own shit, are thrifty as fuck, or are rolling in money.
>>
>>9058607
That, or you have spent a long time building up your wardrobe. Can't forget about the patient ones, of course.
>>
I really this dress in some of the photos it looks super bright and some it's more muted? I really hope it is more muted irl
>>
>>9058624
It will be more muted irl. The velvet (?) of the curtains would not be that crazy otherwise.

>I want it
>can tell i'm too fucking short by your pic
>>
>>9058628
Could always get a red underskirt to extend it.
>>
Stupid question, but is there a place I can see a list of all the kawaii ambassadors and leaders?
>in;b4 summerfag
>>
>>9058628
Ahh that's true, shame it's like $250 though, like I like it but idk if I like that much, especially from a brand I don't know
>>
>>9058607
>>9058608
All I did was buy some LPs. The $800 IW Pack C doesn't exactly contain 20 jsks, it's more like 10 dresses and maybe 3-5 skirts (and 5-8 blouses, but 2/3 of those had to be sold because it wasn't my size). Add a New Year's blind LP from Baby/AatP and a couple of skirt LPs from Meta, I hit 20 main pieces fairly fast. It's not easy or cheap exactly, and you have to have the right timing, but if you save up for a year and then drop it all at once on the IW LP at least, you're halfway there.

You gotta be willing to supplement it with taobao and secondhand, and work with some really funky-looking things, though. Some really weird and downright fugly things end up in LPs.

I find repeating outfits to be not much of an issue, actually. After the initial shock, most people seem to file me away as the girl who is always in a dress. Most people have trouble remembering what they ate for breakfast anyway, they aren't going to remember print by print exactly what I wore last week or this week. I guess it also helps that I tone it down a lot and don't pull stunts like wear OTT princess lolita to go get groceries.
>>
>>9058632
tea length dresses are ugly, anon
>>
>>9057714
Unrelated but gosh I love Lillith. She's adorable
>>
>>9058372
I have an IW piece that's mustard yellow and love it. Underrated color in lolita.
>>
>>9058589
>It's their hobby and not a job.
if they earn money for it, it can be a job. you may dislike this, but people get paid for providing all sorts of things, including entertainment.

at least Patreon is purely volunteer-based, and transparent, unlike sponsorships which are often sneakier.
>>
>>9057935
It's like... this was clearly written by someone who knows a lot about lolita. But I think maybe they are male, too?

I really hope it's made up.
>>
>>9057258
Ive done that before. I ended up taking off the shirring part and regathering it with extra fabric from waist ties. It looked floppy and dumb when I just took the elastic out. Ppl are being dicks, some of those skirts are incredibly tiny.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
does anyone's MM petti have a waist band that's secured by button? This is the condition it arrived in and I ordered it from their Amazon shop.
>>
>>9058794
Thanks anon, that's exactly what I wondering; if the panel coming out would be a good enough alteration or if it would need more work than that. I think I may leave it in; it's not too tight, but it's annoying that I don't even fully stretch the shirring on some but they're uncomfortable because of how stiff the panel is.
>>
>>9058807
That's odd. I have their 580 model, its waistband is also secured with a button and it looks fine, even after I moved it to a new channel twice. Can you contact their customer service about this?
>>
>>9058807
Yep, that's standard. It's so you can cinch it tighter, pull the elastic out a bit and you'll see the other button holes.
>>
>>9058589
You do know that generally people who have Patreons provide additional services, be that in the form of more videos, links to artworks, podcast, stickers, and etc. that is exclusive to their Patreon customers?

How is providing more of what people want begging for money? That's just called normal business anon. And people pay lots for decent entertainment... that's not a new concept.
>>
>>9058372
Mustard is a great color. It's pretty common in otome compared to lolita, if you like it.
>>
Wtf happened to the meta lucky packs?? I stayed up til 3 to try to preorder and the page was taken down that time. I want my fatty-chan comfy clothes!!! Reeeeeeeee
>>
>>9057437
One of the guys in Stockholm wear ETC sometimes
>>
>>9058891
If you gave up that easily without snooping around the site to see if it moved, you don't deserve to order from a website as easy to order from as meta.

Saltiness aside, I don't know why but they put it on the same page as the Fancy Egg set, probably because they're both their happy packs/lucky packs for the summer.

I stayed up for the Fancy Egg special set as well and while they did remove the page I had been looking at for easy refreshing for some weird reason, if you just went to meta's main page instead everything was there from a new link. I even remember seeing the summer LP's in the new arrivals section on the main page right next to the Fancy Egg sets.
>>
>>9058646
I don't think I could ever buy a lucky/oddment pack. I'm very very particular with what I like and I'm sure I would just end up selling most of it. I wish I wasn't so picky, would make my life a lot easier
>>
Damn some of the things you gulls are mentioning on here is making my feel physically sick. I live under a rock and only come on here once every now and then when I need coord advice or inspo so... Yikes.
>>
>>9059015
Wtf are you talking about
>>
>>9059019
The convo about HWC and people being murdered and stuff, it may have been deleted because suddenly it's gone.
>>
Maybe I'm just really out of the loop, but why is the designer of RoseMarie seoir (Syrup) a guest at a load of Lolita events? None of their stuff is remotely Lolita.
>>
File: shell earrings.jpg (76KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
shell earrings.jpg
76KB, 800x533px
>>9059056
I mean a bunch of their stuff is fetishy collars and chokers and more larme style clothing, but quite a bit of their accessories are cute for lolita.
I love their shell earrings (pic related) that also come in the clip-on variety for those of us who are unpierced. mermaids/aquatic stuff has been a big deal lately so...yeah, they aren't really a lolita designer.
>>
Not sure if this goes here or Otome General, but do ETC pieces generally bleed? I'm looking at buying a dark maroon skirt with a light border print, for everyday wear. Don't know if I should as I want to be able to hand wash it (or machine wash).
>>
I'm starting to feel very out of touch with the lolita community. I haven't kept up with releases, I don't know which blogs to follow anymore (most of my old favourites are dead), don't frequent /cgl/ so often miss out on drama, etc. When I do post here I am generally told to lurk more, even though I have been in to lolita for 4-5 years.
I used to be "known" in lolita circles (to some extent) but now I just feel like an awkward bystander. My old favourites on livejournal are basically dead, and the Facebook groups don't appeal to me much either because it's just rehashing the same content.
Even the aesthetic of the fashion has changed.

I feel like the general mood and methods of keeping up with lolita are vastly different. Does/did any one else feel like this? How can I get back in to the fashion community?
It used to feel so special and magical to me, now it's just same old crap.
>>
>>9059131
I've felt pretty much the same as you on and off for about two years. It sounds weird, but joining instagram helped. I've befriended a lot of Lolitas on there, and while you won't get release news unless you follow shop instas, I get a reasonably nice stream of Lolita content (sometimes with links to blogs posts or w/e). No walls of text or hugely irrelevant stuff like tumblr or FB (depending on who you follow), I love it.

FB groups are lacking for me, there's no way to revive LJ, so give it a go. I started posting coords, even other random crap, followed some people and started commenting back and forth. It just sort of happened.

The only FB group worth following is Lolita Updates i.m.o.
>>
>>9059141
Even lolita updates is filled with crap. I hate how there's taobao release after taobao release when all I care about are the Japanese brands.

Not that anon, but kind of in the same boat. Too bad instagram is just as bad as Facebook or I'd take your advice.
>>
>>9059131
I am in the same boat. The thing I miss most is the sense of community. CGL doesn't really do much for me and my local comm is awful. I love lolita but I really miss what it used to be.
>>
>>9059131
>>9059141
I second instagram, and I'd also say tumblr is good too. My main places to be a part of the online lolita community are definitely instagram and tumblr.

On Facebook I like Closet of Frills and Lolita Updates, but like >>9059212 said I'm bored of the constant Taobao updates. Half of the "brands" they talk about aren't even nice quality. CoF is also hit and miss but it reminds me of daily_lolita, plus it's just nice seeing what people are wearing, even if I don't like it.
>>
>>9058389
I personally don't wear it daily because I'm to lazy to get dressed in it daily. I don't do casual lolita (I don't like how it looks. Looks boring to me), so I only wear coords that require a bit more effort. So that's to much time spent getting ready on a daily basis.
>>
>>9058647
that's just like, your opinion man
>>
>>9058952
I got salty after losing out on dozing cat, stopped browsing meta, and haven't bought brand from anywhere other than baby and iw besides trying that. Thank you so much anon. Can't wait to get a comfy meta skirt!
>>
Ugh, just when I need to use Lolibrary to identify a ton of pieces, the site suddenly goes down for two days. I know this isn't uncommon, but man is it annoying.
>>
>>9055663
>>9055802
Thanks!
>>
>>9059557
I was going to check hellolace then I remembered what happened to it.
>>
Has anyone else not got their nameless poem from ista mori yet? I'm getting a bit vexed because I was told it would be here three months ago, then Linda kept telling me it would be the next month, then the next etc. I usually buy from CC so I'm not used to waiting this long. If I'm freaking out about nothing and other people are having this problem too, then never mind. I'm just worried this is an isolated case and I'm getting fucked over.
>>
>>9059072
I can't find the post atm but Angiiichan made a post about one of her etc dresses bleeding, maybe you could drop her a message.
>>
>>9059767
Other people are having this problem, if you are apart of lolita updates you can see people commenting on the post that it is taking longer than expected. I ordered through Clobba, but when I e-mailed them about it they said they are releasing it in waves according to sizes, with larger sizes being last. I don't know if it will be the same for MLD.
>>
>>9059767
I used a direct taobao shopping service and ordered a size L. Apparently that size isn't being shipped until the end of July...
>>
>>9058554
>Lolita isn't that much more expensive than normalfag clothing unless you have only ever thrifted normalfag stuff/bought from Primark

Literally me. But Lolita is still cheaper and better bang for your buck than normie designer clothes. Almost all my tights and blouses are offbrand/thrifted but I still get lots of compliments. Bodyline shoes are still holding up despite problem feet, wearing them for >10 hours at a time and playing DDR in them.

I have no special occasion/formalwear besides Lolita because I don't see the point of spending so much money on a plain, sack-shaped office dress or something. Every time I glance at a women's magazine and see their clothing recommendations I can't imagine anyone in their right mind paying >$600 for some shitty boring cocktail dress or a lipstick.
>>
>>9059816

>I can't imagine anyone in their right mind paying $600 for some shitty boring cocktail dress or a lipstick.
Not the anon you were replying to, but this. I still have no idea why some basic trench coat goes for hours ands, when I can get a cute brand coat for a fraction of that price; knowing that these aren't continuously mass manufactured and unique at the same time.

I need normie formalwear as my job requires it, but I never spend much on it because I honestly don't see where my money would go if I spent hundreds on a plain dress.
>>
>>9057714
I have worked in a film studio as a storyboard artist, camerawoman, video editor, audio editor, BTS photographer, image editor, copywriter/editor and managed their social media/website *simultaneously* 8-18 hours a day. I didn't even get minimum wage. Shit doesn't cost that much unless you pay yourself for your time, hire specialist equipment, need to pay for venue hire, props or for travel/generators when shooting on location. Not hiring overpriced catering also helps.
>>
>>9059831
Some of their venues do have steep fees, and they might pay their models or have to pay to ship clothes from some of the indie brands they work with, but beyond that, I can't think of anything other than their "salary".
>>
>>9059797
>>9059802
Thanks, that puts my mind at ease a bit. I was just a bit annoyed I didn't get any updates and that she kept telling me just one more month. I guess I should have gone for an M, but I had to get the extra length. At least I can rest assured now.
>>
>>9059831
>>9059849

Honestly I thought their patreon was more in response to people asking for more videos.

I mean, yeah, it's their hobby and all, but there seemed to be a lot of comments requesting more vids, so a patreon seems like nice way saying "pay us if you want more videos"
>>
secrets
>>
>>9059974
>only 8 secrets
yikes
>>
>>9059996
Most secrets are made by people who are still in school. It's finals/graduation.
>>
>>9059825
>>9059816
I definitely agree that most "designer" stuff, particularly high street brands, looks really samey and generic. I buy designer stuff selectively - I want people to comment on what I'm wearing and I want to look relatively put together whether that's lolita or not. I tend to go for smaller local designers with their own boutiques and a girly aesthetic (also sample and outlet sales), but now I'm back down under no one in the rest of the world will have heard of most of the places I frequent.
>>
File: naniii.gif (788KB, 529x413px) Image search: [Google]
naniii.gif
788KB, 529x413px
>>9057935
Holy fucking shit, it sounds fake but i only want to hope so.
>>
>>9057935
>MYYYY BRAAAAAAANNNNDDDD
(though i would have probably slapped a bitch if someone spilled something on my brand on purpose)
>>
File: 1445987792209.jpg (10KB, 247x248px) Image search: [Google]
1445987792209.jpg
10KB, 247x248px
>>9057935
Whoever wrote this weird fantasy fic, you made me shudder for a bit
>>
How good are the metamorphose shoe measurements? Im an 8-8.5 and on the narrower side when it comes to width. Would the LL size fit me?

https://www.metamorphose.gr.jp/product/detail/11754?language=en
>>
>>9055486
This is Claire's, she's the shopclerk at Baby Paris store...
>>
>>9060443
Yup that's her. She's actually ok in real life really, kinda gave me an arrogant vibe but i'm paranoid so...She was pretty cool otherwise.
>>
>>9060364
I am an 8.5, more on the wider size, and Meta's LL fit me perfect. In AATP/BTSSB, I wear an L, but the Meta run a tad bit smaller from the pairs I've had experience with.
>>
>>9060474
This is really helpful, thank you.
>>
>>9060364
I think I have very similar feet to you (8-8.5, quite narrow) and I had a bad experience with meta shoes. It wasn't that design but a wooden flatform two years back. They were extremely short on my feet, my toes were crammed against the end when I walked, and extremely wide, like little hooves. I had my 7.5-8 wideish friend try them on and she found them short and wide as well. I don't know if it was the particular pair I got or the fact they were a flatter design what... you might be fine with that design. Sorry to add to your worries.
>>
>>9060581
And I'm speaking in USA sizes of course, I'm about a 39 (24.8cm foot)
>>
Can anyone tell be what the fit on JetJ's Robe de l’agneau is like? I usually wear a JetJ size 1 but I just wonder if lolibrary is accurate.
>>
>>9060586
I usually wear a size 2 and I got the 1. It's one of the few pieces with back shirring and corset lacing, so it can go down to about their size 0 and a little over their size 2, so really flexible. (I have a 90cm bust and didn't stretch the shirring to the max).
>>
>>9060474
Quick question what pair of shoes did you get if you don't mind me asking?
>>9060581
this anon wore flatforms , so I'm wondering if theres a difference between the heels and the flats...
>>
>>9060619
This is exactly the kind of answer I was hoping for, thank you anon.
>>
>>9060624
The same ones in the link, except an older release. I think the L would have fit me as well, but the width of the LL would definitely still be better as they allowed extra room to be worn with OTKs.
>>
Question, since I don't order from AP USA often - are they the same as Baby San Fran who will refund you some of your shipping money if you ordered something that's not as expensive to ship? I understand defaulting to a certain amount of money because it's easier for the purposes of the website, but shit, I just gave them $17 to ship a pair of crew length socks.
>>
>>9060658
lol, no... That's a big issue with them; they'll overcharge you to the grave.
>>
>>9060667
Diff anon but my friend wants to order a jsk from AP USA but if they overcharge that badly, I'll try to persuade her to go through AP Jpn/Tenso instead. We live in Canada so I don't want to get hit with overcharge bs.
>>
>>9060736
Just go through Tenso. Not sure why you think ordering usd is better than ordering in yen with how the cad is.
>>
>>9059745
I'm still so bitter about HelloLace. There were some great old school pieces on there that were never uploaded to Lolibrary.
>>
>>9060749
I know Hellolace went down, but what happened exactly? I was away for awhile and missed it.
>>
>>9060761
How long were you away? 3 years??? It died when people still kinda used LJ as it never got updated, and since they didnt want to merge with lolibrary which had people who would keep things up, it was useless. It stopped existing maybe last year as a site.
>>
>>9060775
No, I knew it stopped being updated ages ago (and updates were sporadic at best even before that) I wasn't sure what happened with the site itself disappearing. The owner just stopped wanting to pay for it?
>>
>>9060782
One day last year it got hacked and the site was just changed to a really cringey "LOL u BEEN FOCKIN HACKEDDD" notice (someone may have caps of it). A couple days later it was restored, but with a notice that it was going down for good and there it went.
>>
File: denim yess.jpg (79KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
denim yess.jpg
79KB, 480x640px
how many of you are into denim as a fabric choice within lolita?
>>
>>9060795
Not my cup of tea personally, but I think it could be interesting for more structured things like vests or possibly A-line skirts. I don't like how it looks gathered.
>>
>>9060795
I think it's a really interesting choice and it's cool to see new fabrics being used. Not digging the design though. It looks bulky and heavy. I wonder how many petticoats this needs to stay up.
>>
How do you guys store your soft bonnets? Right now I'm storing them flat but I'm debating better options. Wig heads?
>>
>>9060894
I stack them on a wig stand.
>>
File: 07241227_55b1b088eb788[1].jpg (171KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
07241227_55b1b088eb788[1].jpg
171KB, 500x600px
>>9060894

If you mean soft bonnets like this, there's nothing inside that will develop a permanent crease, so you can fold them however and store them. If they do develop a crease after long storage, a good steaming should get it out.

If you mean the semi-hard bonnets that have stiff interfacing in them, then storing flat or on a wig stand is better.

Alternatively, you can also roll most of them up, start at one end, roll to the other. Tie the roll with a ribbon (or a kawaiii scrunchy, if you prefer) and store it rolled up.
>>
>>9060795
Would look alright for punk Lolita I guess
>>
>>9060903
Any tips on transporting hard bonnets? I might be traveling by plane soon and I have no idea how to pack my bonnet without crushing it in my check-in and I'm pretty sure it's too big for carry-on.
>>
>>9060907
you could wear it.
>>
>>9058372
These barely look lolita
>>
>>9059745
Just use the wayback archive. Most stuff is visible still.
>>
>>9060907

Hat boxes, or at least hard boxes that won't cave when you pack them into your luggage with your other clothes around them. When placing your bonnet into the box, stuff soft fluffy things around your bonnet (eg socks, underwear, camisoles, etc) so they don't bump around.
>>
>>9060903
Yeah I meant the semi-hard ones, I actually totally forgot about the true soft bonnets. Oops. Looks like I'll need to find some wig stands at some point then. Thanks!
>>
File: Little Lady.jpg (82KB, 519x623px) Image search: [Google]
Little Lady.jpg
82KB, 519x623px
I need your opinion gulls. I've been hunting for a graduation dress that has to be black and not sleeveless, and I've been watching AP's Little Lady on LM for about a month now. The seller hasn't budged from their price of $270, but the dress hasn't ever sold for above $200 2ndhand. Would it be rude to make an offer of $200?

Also if anyone knows of any other available dresses that can pass as normie and fits the above description, I'll be your best friend forever.
>>
>>9061074
It's not out of line, but expect to meet in the middle between your offer and thier asking price, so it'll still be more than 200.
>>
>>9061074
I'd say go for it. Doesn't hurt at all to negotiate politely.
>>
I'm a pear shaped fatty that's only really chubby in the hip area but also my upper arms for whatever reason. They seem to be the last place that my weight loss is affecting. I sometimes contemplate taking the elastic out of the sleeves on some of my OPs because at the end of the day it's almost cutting off my circulation. But I'm not sure if the puffy shape on the shoulder will be maintained in them. Could I replace it with a ribbon that I can thread through and fit to myself?
>>
>>9061200
Even if it turned out well unless you can make it look exactly like it did before you'd be damaging the dress and affecting resale value. Why not just keep losing weight?

Also offtopic but we have almost the exact same fat distribution.
>>
>>9061200
I'm no expert, but I think if you snip and pull the elastic out carefully you can preserve any gathers and keep it puffy. depending on the sleeve, you might be able to simply attach a ribbon to a bobby pin or safety pin and push it through the channel left by the missing elastic.

good luck anon! You can also start using some small to increasingly larger weights to work out what is stored in your upper arms and get some lean muscle going there.
>>
>>9061204
I know I'd be hurting the resale value, but it's not something I ever intend to sell. Just want to make sure that if I did decide to do it, it wouldn't look so wonky. I probably won't, but still.

>>9061209
Thanks for the advice! Although I'm always hearing that 'targeting fat' by working out certain areas more than others is just a myth. It all burns off equally afaik. I just have more of stored in my arms.
>>
>>9061200
Depends on the way the elastic is in the sleeves. If it uses actual channels then yeah you can thread something through to maintain the puff. But if it's elastic sewn directly to the fabric you'd have to do some serious reconstruction, either by making a casing or putting in new elastic. Either way the sleeves wont be quite as full as intended.

If you don't care about resale value, and don't think your arms will shrink enough to fit comfortably go for it! Just remember that if you loose the arm chub you'll have the opposite problem.

Good luck with the weight loss fellow pear, I can promise there's a light at the end of the tunnel.
>>
>>9061204
>damaging the dress
Taking out elastic isn't a damage unless she intends to not replace it.
>the resell value
Not everyone is concerned about this. And she would have the right to sell it for what she bought it for to see if anyone else with the same problems would want it.
>>
>>9061209
>>9061219
Spot reduction is a myth. If anything working out her arms will add even more bulk.

>>9061228
I mentioned it because I see a lot of people trying to sell dresses with giant stains for more than retail. Damage in a collector's hobby means any alterations as well. For example taking a toy out of it's box reduces it's value by a lot.

>And she would have the right to sell it for what she bought it for to see if anyone else with the same problems would want it.

And I have the right to not buy it as with everyone else. I'm not saying she can't, I'm warning her because a lot of people don't realize even minor alterations reduce value and get upset about it not selling at the same price as the others.

You seem way more worked up about it than the anon I was talking to. I'm not one of those "my brand" people or whatever it is that's pissing you off. We've had newbies come in before with the same questions and there's no way of knowing if that anon was one from just one post.
>>
>>9061074
hey anon. there is a thread with some nice examples of this kind of dress.
>>9055330

congrats on graduating!!
>>
>>9055486
The only thing wrong with this is that she has different hair than you're used to seeing. Because of all the fake hair in cosplay and lolita.
>>
>>9056988
The designer loves the UK
>>
>>9057438
Its almost the same. And only westerners say otome kei
>>
does anyone know what F+F's shipping time is like to the usa? i want to buy an instant shipping item but i need it by the end of the month. am i cutting it too close?
>>
>>9061341
oh it'll definitely get to you by the 30th. in my experience, the instant ship items ship within 24 hours or so of payment clearing. last time I bought from them it was like a week before halloween and I needed some bloomers and an underskirt. the package came less than a week after purchase
>>
>>9061341
Recently ordered something that was insta-shipped and got it in like three days. It's super fast.
>>
>>9061376
>>9061378
awesome, that's great to know! thanks so much gulls.
>>
>>9058474
>>9058519
Also wear sweat guards to protect your garments.
>>
File: tyvm.gif (150KB, 391x292px) Image search: [Google]
tyvm.gif
150KB, 391x292px
>>9061080
>>9061120
>>9061316

Thanks for the advice! I'm gonna check out that thread and pray for a dress to appear.
>>
>>9058519
>"you dont need a petticoat everyday"
thats not lolita then, faggot
>>
>>9057935
Oh fuck, I remember reading this a while ago. Wish I had a qt gay lolita-wearing yandere gf now
>>
It was a hair over 46 today and I fucking full out lolita'd today. I am a bad ass. If I can survive today no problem the rest of the summer should be a fucking piece of cake. Every summer I always ditch the frills and it sucks. Do parasols make any sort of difference? Im thinking of picking up one from baby.
>>
>>9062243
If the heat in your area is dry, then absolutely! If it's a humid heat then you're fucked no matter what you do.
>>
>>9062243
46?! How the actual fuck. It's gotta be dry heat, you wouldn't be able to breathe if it was that hot where I am.
>>
>>9062266
Yes! Thank god! I went on holiday once to Florida during the "dry season" it was only 30 out and i was dying. Fuck florida. I couldnt wait to go back home where it wa only 40 out with 3% humidity!
>>
>>9062290
Yes, Florida sucks, and I live here. It can be 30 in December with 80% humidity. Mosquitoes totally make for a very happy Christmas.

I can't wait to fucking leave.
>>
>>9055738
She looks like that bitch who's a pastor's daughter who devotes herself to spreading abstinence and handing out cheap little purity rings.
>>
>>9062302
But Pastors' daughters are always the biggest whores.
>>
>>9058175
I think she's one of theshop girl from their shop in Marui Annex.
>>
If a random photographer messaged you through facebook asking to take photos of you for free, would you be willing to let them?
>>
>>9062136
Have you never seen shimotsuma monogatari?
>>
>>9059849
Keep in mind, if they are paying Australian minimum wage that's actually a fair bit per hour. I think they do say that they put a lot of hours into editing and processing.
>>
>>9061200
I would see a tailor/seamstress if you've got your heart set on altering your OPs like that
>>
>>9058474
>Do you know how expensive it is to be a daily Lolita?
Building a wardrobe can take some time, but the more versatile your pieces, the less you have to invest initially.
>I don't like wearing all of my shoes because once the soles wear down I'm boned
Cobblers can fix that, I know the local guy down the block from me is really cheap too.
>and have to buy a new pair.
Buying a couple of each colorway ensures you can swap them and extend their lifetimes. Buy it now, or buy it later.
>If I sweat too much in my socks, they'll stain from it and not only lose resale value
Socks already lose retail value. Just play for keeps, and if you can sell them later, do it.
>they'd be an extra cost for me to buy a new pair.
Do you realize that this is a luxury hobby? Yes, you will have to buy replacements, learn new skills to keep your clothes nice, and keep changing things up.
>Same with blouses, I'd have to wash them more and that slowly wears down the material.
Clothing can last a long long time if you keep them well.
>Not to mention trying to afford so many dresses.
Long term goals anon. You can't run a mile in a second. Yet.
>It's not the same as wearing a pair of jeans where one can get you through three days straight--people will notice you're wearing your dress a lot, so you'd have to buy more dresses because you'll stand out.
This is assuming people care/notice this overtime. If you utilize different variations this really won't be something you encounter as an issue.
>So unless you already own that much there's no problem with just wearing them on fun outings with friends personally.
Again, utilize versatile pieces, then you can take what you currently have and come up with dozens of variations with the same main dresses.
I own enough that I can wear it most weekends of the year but I prefer not to.
So you never wear your lolita? Why are you in the fashion?

I use baking soda in place of deodorant. No stains, no smells, I sweat a lot less. It's beautiful.
>>
>>9062365
I'd probably ask them about their intentions, but also ask around the community to see how they usually are, so they're not just some creep.
>>
>>9062429
Why do you care this much about why someone doesn't want to be a daily lolita
>>
>>9062462
Different anon but it's not about not people wanting to be a daily lolita, >>9058474 was making excuses and claimed being a daily lolita was soooo hard. I also wonder why people like this even bother getting involved in alternative fashion if they think it's so tasking.
>>
>>9062472
Yeah and when in reality it's not. If you want to do it, it requires some work but it's not that hard. I was able to start dresaing in lolita daily after a year and half and now after three to four years in lolita I have a decent sized wardrobe (over 30 mainpieces, mostly brand). The thing is I'm young and I have a low income but I have been cutting in everything else. I don't buy other expensive things eg. electronics, make up or clothes. It was slow and took a lot of patience, bargain hunting and luck but it didn't require that much money. I don't also find lolita especially uncomfortable in general nor I have had to replace anything. I just can't get why is it so hard to some people.
>>
>>9062486
Diff anon but also a daily lolita, but, to add to this, it's not a bad thing to not wear it daily. Nobody has to and it's not something that everyone will want to do. But if you do want to do it, it's not really super difficult or expensive, so it sounds like the person is just complaining while not really putting in any effort whatsoever.
>>
>>9058389
Not everyone has daily wear as an option. Some people have uniforms or a dress code for work or school. Can you imagine someone wearing Full or even lolita in a Dr's office or lab or government building, especially if their preferred style was sweet? Referring to it as a dress up game for those who can only wear it less often makes it seem like you have little understanding of the way alt fashion fits into daily life.
>>
>>9062544
>I meant only to go to meet ups and such.

You should try reading a bit more before replying. I agree with her to an extent. If you only wear it once a year, demand everyone wear wigs and circle lenses, only wear things e-famous lolitas wear, and look down on anything more toned down like most lolitas who only wear it to cons you aren't actually a member of the fashion. You're treating it like a costume and not special evening wear. It's like a goth that only listens to anything but mainstream pop once a year and then demands to be recognized as a tru~ goth.

>Can you imagine someone wearing Full or even lolita in a Dr's office or lab or government building, especially if their preferred style was sweet?

That's not what daily lolita means. You don't have to wear it literally every single day to count. Before it used to mean you wore it often, for example at least once every two weeks or more. Now it pretty much just means someone who wears it outside of conventions and tea parties.
>>
>>9062657
The first anon specifically mentions daily wear, not just wearing outside of meets or conventions.
>>
>>9062657
>daily Lolita
>daily
>wear it once every two weeks
>daily
>D A I L Y

you're an idiot
>>
>>9062730
I can't speak for her completely, but when I see that used most people mean treating lolita like normal clothes. My skirts are daily wear for example, but I don't wear them literally every single day. It just means I don't only wear it for special occasions or on Halloween. Generally only the absolute most dedicated lifestylers wear a full coord only to go to the grocery store and play with their dog in the park every day of every week.
>>
>>9062368
Anon, that movie is over ten years old by now.
>>
>>9062734
Samefagging since I missed this.

>daily basis
Meaning regularly and not for special occasions or conventions. The anon replying was the one who turned it into something literal. Again I wear skirts and dresses daily and that is considered a daily basis, but I won't wear the exact same specific style literally every single day of every single week.
>>
can you bring cage skirts through the airport as a carry on for domestic flights (USA)? they have steel inside so i'm not sure if that's allowed. asking because i don't want it to get bent in my check in- thanks!
>>
>>9062748
>daily
>not daily

so either you don't know what daily means or you're trolling
>>
>>9062805
Are you autistic? Either you can't tell the difference between literally and figuratively or you're just looking for something to bitch about and feel oppressed by. Literally no one in this thread but you is saying you have to wear full coords every single day of every single week of every single month to be a "real lolita."
>>
File: IMG_3295.jpg (107KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3295.jpg
107KB, 700x525px
How do you iron your frills, grills? Are those tiny handheld steamers worth it? I like that they're compact but is the water capacity enough to get a JSK and shirt done in one go for example?

Pic related, it's a Philips Steam & Go.
>>
>>9062812
I didn't say you have to wear full coords every day

I said it was stupid to call yourself a daily Lolita when you wear it once every two weeks you dumb cunt
>>
>>9062818
I'm not sure about the mini ones, but I know bigger steamers are the best investment a lolita can make. Especially if you're more into old school or VM and MM.
>>
>>9062824
daily basis =/= literally daily

I don't wear full lolita once every two weeks. That was an example of the least amount of time you could be wearing it to still be considered one when you have a demanding job you're unable to wear lolita to. If you have a uniform you wear from 7am to 7pm you most likely aren;t going to have time during the week. Then during the weekends a lot of those people end up staying home and cleaning and doing all their grocery shopping while occasionally going out with their friends/family who might have a dresscode. Obviously if you can afford to wear lolita everyday but only wear it very rarely that wouldn't be considered one, but some people physically can't. I was following the anon's example I responded to.
>>
>>9062838
>daily
>not daily

gonna have to call you retarded again

I don't care if your poorfag feelings are hurt by the fact you can't be a daily Lolita, it doesn't give you the right to call yourself one if you're not
>>
>>9062839
>I don't wear full lolita once every two weeks.

As in I wear it almost every other day to every day even when I'm just sitting in my room. Although now that I think about it this is almost definitely HWC again so there's no point in arguing.
>>
>>9062844
if you wear it daily why are you arguing for the people who don't claiming a title that is literally false?

that's like me saying I'm an airplane pilot just because I want to be

I'm not really one but I wanna be one so I can call myself one right?
>>
>>9062758
As long as there are no points anywhere it should be fine, but you'd probably be better off finding a way to put it into a box inside your suitcase if it'll fit. I usually take delicate lolita items like that in a hardsided case.
>>
>>9060283
am i the only one who fell in love?
>>
>>9065937
Yes. Yes you are.

Weirdo.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.