[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone here go to animenext?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

Did anyone here go to animenext?
>>
Was p fun, though it was one of my first anime cons
>>
>>9051074
It was kinda barren this year but pretty okay.
>>
I liked the new location really, it had a lot more space and I did well to avoid the rest of AC. Seems a lot of people didn't come this time because of the move, but maybe that will change in the next few years.

One thing I didn't like was the con organization, it seemed like a failed attempt at actually making it organized, they missed time slots a few times but eh, first time at a new location I can forgive it.

I found it fun and I'll more likely be going back next year.
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 557x605px
It was fun, even though i went to only like 3 things, those being the larp room, the dance and game room. I loved the game room, wish we had arcades like that in America, they really needed to have more stations for the smash and mario kart tourneys with up to 80 participants for the smash tourney. Wasnt used to turn based larp so it was meh, problaby not going to it next year. And the dance oh my god, best time ive ever had in a while, for the first time i was able to get in the middle of a dance circle. and that one celty chick that took her bra off holy shit. All in all great time, im definitely coming next year for Friday and Saturday
>>
>>9051100
>One thing I didn't like was the con organization, it seemed like a failed attempt at actually making it organized, they missed time slots a few times
Sounds pretty standard for AnimeNext.
>>
First time going to this con as well.
The venue is pretty good and you can mostly avoid the scummy parts of AC if you stay near the convention center.

The dealers room was meh, the artist alley was bretty good.

Hopefully it gets bigger and we get more guests.
>>
>>9051226
>scummy parts of AC

My friend told me there was a mugger trying to target the con-goers. That was until he ran into my big ass friend and tried to intimidate him then backed down. I'm fine with the venue but it's best if you stick around the shopping area or always travel with friends.

Me and my friends went for a booze run which took us into the seedier parts of the city. The leftside is mostly ghetto after a few blocks.
>>
>>9051124
Whoa nigga what, was that Celty there on Friday? I only went at like, 12 on Sat.
>>
>>9051074
First time going. The venue seemed well suited to the event, though I heard the dance was moved after the floor was damaged by all the jumping around. The organizers seemed like they were winging it a lot of the time, though.
>>9051272
Not OP, but I saw her too. As far as I can tell, she wasn't cosplaying Celty the other two days.
>>
>>9051313
Fuck, I went to the rave on Friday at 10 but left since it seemed pretty empty. Did it get any better?
>>
File: image.jpg (118KB, 597x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118KB, 597x600px
>>9051272

Hell yeah she was. I didnt dance with her but i saw her kissing random guys and shit, she was amazing.
>>
File: image.jpg (996KB, 2446x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
996KB, 2446x3264px
>>9051317

Yeah there were a lot of people by the time i got there by 11:10. Mainly in the center. I bet next year theres gonna be more people so just wait a bit and come back later.
>>
>>9051365
PLATINUM REGRETS
FUCK
;_;
>>
>>9051365
Please tell me someone recorded my friend getting Schwifty as Rick at the rave.
>>
First time to animenext, I went to all the studio trigger panels and was very satisfied.
>>
>>9051615

How was the panel? New to the con aswell but i didnt know where to go
>>
File: 20160611_214054.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160611_214054.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>9051641
They were all around great guys, and they signed my mug which was awesome of them
>>
>>9051074
I did! Most of my problems were my own fault (hotel too far, bs like that) but overall I chilled with my friends and too stupid pics, it was a good time.

not thrilled about the move since it's 2 hours farther from my house, but the venue was a billion times better than either of the other venues so I can deal. lots of space and the lighting on the 4th floor with all those windows was incredible for photos. I'll probably go next year, if I'm still in the area.
>>
I loved the venue this year. I stayed at Bally's and the jitney service was great. Only got a line at peak hours at night going from the convention back. Lining up in AC is great, no more mud and rain. There were tons of places inside the convention area and in the tourist areas for photoshoots. I think this move is for the better! I hope for a bigger con next year!
>>
>>9051100
My fav was the fuck up masquerade line.
When will they fucking learn to be CLEAR about where the masquerade is going to queue. People were lining up outside the door, staff didn't know shit, then we had to walk all the way back to the main events room from the queue room they moved us to. If they had just said "line up in the queue room" from the start it would have been so much easier.

I also don't know how I feel about the AA and DL being in the same hall with not much by way of a distinct line between them. Just a weird thing that irked me a bit. Seemed like there was more room for everything though. Cramped artists are unhappy artists. Decent prices in the cafeteria and lots of room to sit unlike at the old venue. I think the A/C was cranked too high though, but I usually and frozen in 60 degree weather so its probably just me.

I feel like there were a lot of mediocre artists this year, more than other years at least. Lots of really good ones too, bless them. Some of the tables were like why. Poor ones that stuck out to me were the tumblrism shit on the prints despite nice art, traced art on canvas bags, art that looked like a 13 year old did it, and obesity & wide dead eyes the table.
>>
>>9052244
walking to balley's from the atlantic palace through niggerville wasnt too fun
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 250x188px
>>9053208

Why didnt you take the jitney or whatever shuttle they had? Heard there was a mugger targeting Cosplayers until he came up to a big guy
>>
>>9052471
I tabled there as an artist and I'd really prefer for dealers/artists to be separated into left/right instead of front/back if they need to share a room... sometimes I felt like people already blew their wad by the time they got back to the artist section.
>>
>>9053484

Referring to

>>9051235
?
>>
First time to this. I dont know why everone is complaining about AC. I walked back alone to the Tropicana at 1am and had no problems. Just walk down main streets. Cops were everywhere

>>9051615
I missed the inferno cop one, but went to the luluco one. Trigger seem like a pretty cool group
>>
>>9056290
Inferno cop got a real big reception, they made an exclusive episode for this con. It also explains how inferno cop ended up in hell.
>>
I definitely preferred this venue over the last one, even though it was pretty empty/dead at times. I only went to the Somerset location once (last year) and it was literally the worst convention experience I've had, though to be fair I've only been to four different convention locations.
>>
File: 1454150502041.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454150502041.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
Debating about going next year I heard the venue was actually really nice. Was it worth it?
>>
>>9056908
Yeah, they said he was in hell because the judge took his gun if i remember right
[spoiler]shall not infringed[/spoiler]
>>
>>9051423
They shit on the floor?!?
>>
>>9056244
Yeah it seems really unfair. I zoomed back to the AA as fast as I could tho. I like to support my fellow artists before I go buying anything else. Plus gotta go fast if you want the good commissions lol.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.