[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mail horror stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 18

File: you fucked up.jpg (63KB, 666x1000px) Image search: [Google]
you fucked up.jpg
63KB, 666x1000px
We haven't had one of these in a while so I figured why not make one?
Thread for horror stories, and general ranting on about packages and shipping.

That said, anyone else from the EU that feels like they've been hit more with custom fees as of late?
>>
my mail man left my package outside my door right next to a corner with a huge spider web

like, what the fuck is your problem dude
>>
I got hit with a 24 euro customs fee for a package worth 27 euro. That 17,50 "handling fee" is a fucking joke. I had to fill the customs declaration myself, so the only work they did was put the number in a calculator and print the bill. It also makes it pointless to pay for faster shipping, because it got held up in customs for 3 days.
>>
>>9050740
That has to be one of the most annoying things, faster shipping options always get custom fees and end up being held anyway.

It's pointless!
>>
>>9050695
How the fuck do you get it stuck on a roof? Hell no. Id call the post office/delivery company the and ask to speak to the piece of garbage that threw the package up there. Delivering packages isnt hard. Its thankless but so are a lot of jobs. Fuck dude id freak out if that happened to me. Like tell the persons manager they should be fired for that. Ive had packages shoved in my tiny mailbox. Gotten super late notes because the post office thinks its ok to write out a note about packages not being delivered cause the mailbox is tiny (apartment mail slot that cant even fit a magazine and 3 letters) thats back dated because they are that lazy. They literally have given me another note for more packages when i went to the post office to get other packages that werent delivered
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 410x202px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 410x202px
>>9050749
It's that time of year...
>>
It's been awhile since I ordered from Arda but I received no email about it being shipped out and it's been a week now. Are they typically this slow around this time of year?
>>
>>9050776
I bought from them last month and it took that long for me as well. It's nothing to worry about, I got my package a week after that.
>>
>>9050776
Log into your account and look at the status. Unless Arda's site/FB specifically says they're experiencing high volume and delays, it's weird that it's been more than 3 days. If none of the above apply and the site still says it's processing, try emailing them; they're pretty quick to respond.
>>
File: 569856495.jpg (1MB, 1936x1394px) Image search: [Google]
569856495.jpg
1MB, 1936x1394px
The town I live in has some new drivers and the one who replaced my old mailman is awful. He tries to get the route done as quickly as possible so I'll usually get my mail around 11am instead of 2-3pm. This is if he actually puts anything in the box because he has a tendency to give my neighbor my mail OR if I have a package coming in he'll just leave a pink slip. He doesn't even care if I'm at the house unless I'm physically standing outside while he's delivering mail, and then he acts sweet as pie and gives me my shit.

This happened last week with an earth music & ecology shirt I bought on Ebay. Seller was Japanese so it had to be a signed delivery.
>neighbor knocks on door, "anon I have your mail"
>"I also have our other neighbor's mail too, he really mixed it up today"
>spend a few minutes complaining about my packages not being delivered
>leave for work assuming there's no mail in the mailbox, come home to find a pink slip tacked to the refrigerator
>notice he doesn't stop while delivering mail the day after, drive down to post office to find my package there because they didn't even bother putting it back in their truck
>>
>>9050695
speaking as a paper carrier
>always ends up on the front porch of a neighbor
pls check to make sure your house number is extremely visible, like check at various times of the day, to make sure it's completely visible

>constantly getting slips/etc
also, don't have your driveway full of cars or garbage, especially if you want to not be left a slip in your mailbox, just because it is more convenient then trying to walk up to your house
>>
>>9051043
That first one I have to agree with. We got a new mail carrier and they would put the mail in wrong people's mailboxes. Granted most people on our street have hard to read or no house numbers visible (us included).
After the 2nd day of this, we got some big stick on mailbox numbers and put them on the mailbox. Made sure to stick them both on the side of the mailbox that the mail carrier walks up from, and on the door of the mailbox that they have to look at when opening it so there's no way to not see the number. They put the right mail in the boxes the next day.
>>
>>9051073
>You will not post any of the following outside of /b/: racism
>>
There's no such thing as house numbers in my region; house names only. I use to live at an address that had a really common house name. My parcels would continuously be delivered to a household that shared the same name as mine, and was occupied by a 90+ year old woman. Said house was over 10 miles from my home. Ended up having to buy the poor lady flowers in an attempt to apologise for the fact that she kept receiving all my burando. She received lots of flowers. It worked both ways though, because on the odd occasion I would receive her electricity bills, and knitting magazines.
>>
>>9050714
maybe he saw it, freaked out, dropped the package and ran
>>
Last year I ordered some accessories off a normie website for a coord because I needed them last minute for the meet at the weekend. All britfags really need to know about this is that it was the work of Hermes.

>live in gated apartment block
>waiting for delivery
>2pm rolls around, still no delivery
>check package tracking, says "delivery attempted, access restricted"
>pissed because I specifically gave my mobile number and gate code so they could get into my block
>ring hermes, confirm they have details, they say it will be fine tomorrow
>day 2
>2pm rolls around again, check tracking
>same shit, different day: "delivery attempted restricted access"
>ring hermes again
>they take details again, but my hopes are not high
>day 3, day before the meet, last chance saloon
>know that this fucker attempts delivery at around 1:30pm, as that is when tracking says delivery was attempted
>1pm I manually open the gate and put a rock in front of the sensor so it stays open
>wait outside on my apartment's balcony where I can see carpark and gate
>car pulls in
>driver gets out carrying several packages
>aw yiss muthafuckin parcels
>see him wander around car park for about 30 seconds
>dude starts walking back to car
>not so fast, bucko
>shout down at him
>"hey, have you got any packages for apartment 12?"
>dude doesn't even look at parcels
>"nope sorry"
>keeps walking to car
>panicking, yell down again
>"are you sure? can you check for me?"
>dude reluctantly looks at parcels
>"oh, uhhh, yeah, apartment 12, is your name anon?"
>FUCKING FINALLY
>say yes and say I'll be down there to get it in a second
>he says "no worries, stay there"
>THROWS my package up to me
>somehow catch it

Fuck. I haven't ordered anything from anywhere that uses hermes since.
>>
>>9051161
Holy fuck. That guy should be fired.
>>
>>9051161
This fucker. You know he was just to lazy to actually take them to the apartments they go to. I hope you called and complained about him.
>>
>>9051161

Hermes and Yodel can both suck dicks. I'm not even exaggerating when I say every parcel i've had through them has run into problems. I've paid double postage if it means going through someone else (FEDEX bloke around here is lovely). Hermes CS are rude as shit too.
>>
>>9051161
The only time I've had a problem with Hermes was when I used to work shifts and the guy had to come around 5 times (pretty sure he didn't have to come round more than 3) before I got my stuff. He was super nice about it and understood that shifts suck dick.

I am well aware that this is not the norm and that Hermes is as shitty as an overflowing sewer, but every time I read stories like this I'm that much more grateful that I've managed to avoid them since.
>>
File: Angry_pepe.jpg (39KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Angry_pepe.jpg
39KB, 900x900px
I'm still mad about this.

>back in the fall semester
>online tracking says my package was delivered, but i've recieved no email from campus mail that a package has come
>come by each day because my campus isn't big enough that it takes 3+ days to sort through all the packages recieved.
>Usually met with workers who say "you just have to wait for the email"
>eventually one guy listens and he inputs the tracking number into the system. It comes up under some other girl's name.
>we don't have similar names or initials, we had both just gotten something from the same store and she somehow didn't notice she recieved two packages, one which did not have her name on it
>campus post office says they'll contact her
>days later and they've only gotten her voicemail. at this point my package has been in her possession for over a week.
>I email head of residence life to see if he can do anything.
>he calls her and tells her campus police will become involved if she doesn't return my package ASAP
>she returns it later that day kek
>except it's not even in it's original package. I ordered multiple items, which all should have been individually wrapped.
>they were not.
>they still had tags but were just thrown into a random plastic bag when she returned it to campus mail.
>mfw i had ordered underwear
>mfw this bitch definitely tried on my underwear
Campus post office gave me $15 for my trouble, but damn, that is just beyond incompetent.
>>
>have giant bright letters painted on front and sides of mailbox as a remnant of the last bad mailman
>new bad mailman is even worse and apparently blind
>misdelivers not only packages but important mail like bills and shit
>not only my bills, but I get my neighbors shit as well
Luckily were on good enough terms to just exchange our stuff when it happens, but I swear that guy just does it out of spite at this point, or he feels like I'm condescending to him with the huge address sign and is salty about it.
Also, not sure if this counts, but the last mailman broke a big ass flowerpot with his fat ass trying to deliver mail. It wasn't even in his way. I have no idea why he broke it. It must be that orbit thing fat people have
>>
>>9051460
>definitely tried on my underwear
I almost laughed but God that is terrible anon. What an ass, it sounds like she was planning on keeping it
>>
File: B0U23uECUAA-OY6.jpg (31KB, 599x447px) Image search: [Google]
B0U23uECUAA-OY6.jpg
31KB, 599x447px
Reading all this actually makes me feel happy that I left the city for middle of nowhere country.

>used to worry about strangers stealing my packages in the city
>was because mail carrier sat them in a chair where everyone could see
>often times got neighbors mail and vice versa
>move to the country
>living on a logging highway with semi-trucks coming by left and right
>no postal carriers in their little UPS trucks here
>rural carriers in their trucks and beat up cars deliver the mail
>they have to sit in the passenger seat and lean over the middle to steer their cars
>both carriers are ladies with balls of steel stopping in the middle of the highway to deliver my mail with logging trucks swerving around them

Everything has been fine for over a year now aside from a package being misplaced and the now infamous mailbox incident.

>get pic related which is a huge hulking mailbox that can fit 5-6 packages if they're bubble mailers with room to spare
>spend an hour in the hot sun setting it up myself
>it's my absolute pride and joy
>wake up one morning and go out to get the paper
>mail box is gone
>post the box sits on is gone
>run to the road to look, the post is snapped in half
>my mailbox is laying in my yard like it's been tossed there
>huge ass dent in the side of it, the door is barely hanging on
>ALL MY FUCKING RAGE
>can't repair the box there's too much warped damage
>post is ruined as well
>think the mail carriers will just drive up, ask what happened, and give me my mail since we're bros
>nope
>package is being delivered that day, doesn't get delivered
>call the post office and tell them what happened
>"A mail carrier hit your post box?!"
>no jfc, someone hit my mailbox could you let my mail carrier know? We're getting it replaced ASAP
>lady on phone says she'll tell my mail carrier to hold my mail
>next day my shit goes out for delivery AGAIN
>freaking out that they'll ship my packages back to Japan

-cont
>>
File: 1448900462832.jpg (373KB, 963x640px) Image search: [Google]
1448900462832.jpg
373KB, 963x640px
>>9052142
>load up in the car and drive down to town post office to ask for my mail
>"Oh we don't send mail out of this facility. This is pick up and post box only. You'll have to go to the next town over."
>drive to the next town over to their post office and ask for my mail again
>"I don't see anything for that address. The mail carrier probably has it but they'll be back by X time."
>not driving all the way home and then back into town again
>decide to get lunch and just go pester them again after
>miracle of miracles, when I come back they have my mail
>tell them specifically that my mail box should be up within 48 hours so just hold onto my mail until then
>next door neighbor sets up our new and smaller mail box for us with extra cement
>no one has bothered it since

I still mourn the loss of my old mailbox and we never did figure out what happened to it. Found an old pic from the incident on the archive.
>>
File: 1449093764951.jpg (104KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1449093764951.jpg
104KB, 640x480px
>>9052142
>>9052156
Also what the postal worker had written for my held mail stack. The choice in stationery still gets me.
>>
>>9051161
Hermes is utter crap.
>receive a delivery confirmation text
>housemates say no one knocked and there's no package
>get slip that says parcel was left in a safe place because who cares about signed delivery
>package isn't in porch or with neighbours
>call to say package is no where to be found
>'it's marked as delivered anon, you should check again with neighbours'
>rage.gif
>housemate walks in with package
> 'this was in the green bin outside'
>delivery guy counts garbage as safe place
>>
>>9052163
what a fucking circus
>>
I order things from Japan quite often, but things got so bad, I actually managed to get our old mailman fired. Not everything is j-fash related, but I still need to rant.
>Buy second-hand burando
>Seller was kind enough to write "fragile; do not leave in rain" and of course it needed to be signed for
>Come home to package on porch, in a puddle from raining all day
Thank god she packed it well and it somehow didn't get wet. At least not noticeably.

>Order doujinshi several times
>Always marked "DO NOT BEND"
>USPS rule is to never force a package in a box
>Does it anyway and ruins $80+ worth of rare doujin
>Every time

Last one
>Order game from overseas
>Tracking says it is out for delivery
>Waiting on porch at this point, know it needs signing
>He drives up, ignores me, and drives away after quickly leaving something in mailbox
>Slip saying "failed delivery; no one home to sign"
>Proceed to rage since he comes after 5 pm on a Saturday

I kept mailing proof to the head of our branch of damaged goods, always ones received from outside US (inside US never had a problem). I started having stuff shipped to another address to be safer. Eventually hear back that they "took care of the problem" and we have a different carrier.
>>
>>9052421
This makes me rage for you. Nothing is worse than a lazy mail carrier.
>>
>>9052163
Ive heard so many horror storys about hermes and bins. My friend had a parcel left in the bin from them . Aside from being gross it wouldnt have been much of a problem if it hadn't been bin collection day...
>>
A story where I'm part of the horror

>2 friends back something
>ask if it's okay to borrow my address
>A lives in apt complex and packages get stolen
>B is away at college
>sure why not
>let my family know about it
>ff 6 months, 5 days ago
>"the packages are on their way anon!"
>okay I'll be on the lookout for them
>remind family of packages
>Saturday, out on some errands
>dad calls
>"anon did your friends order stuff sent to our house?"
>yeah just leave it there they'll pick it up
>"oh I told them this isn't ours and gave it back to our mail carrier"
>u wot m8
>check time 2:45, post office closes at 3
>mfw I can't make it
>contact friends for their tracking info, said I'll call and ask for redelivery on Monday
>feels like shit but hopeful
>come monday, calls
>"Sorry they packages have been returned to the sender already."

The only thing I could do at that point was apologize profusely to A and B and ask them to email the company and ask them to redeliver it at my expense. I honestly hope it works out, I'm super stressed something will go wrong and feel like crap.
>>
>>9052747
why did your dad call to ask AFTER he had already sent it back to the facility?

your dad sounds a bit dumb ngl
>>
>>9052163
Don't even have words for this.
>>
Currently waiting for USPS to locate my wig they lost on May 23. I ordered from WigIsFashion, the wig arrived from China, went through customs, went to USPS in Long Island and then disappeared. :( I'm starting to get really stressed as the con I need it for is in a few weeks. I haven't gotten an update since last week (which was basically "we're looking!") so I think I'll call again tomorrow. I'm hoping I won't be totally screwed, be out the $70 the wig + shipping cost, and have to settle for a shitty wig off Amazon or something. Ugh.
>>
File: velma.jpg (63KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
velma.jpg
63KB, 400x533px
>>9051668
Yeah, during the whole fiasco some people gave her the benefit of the doubt saying maybe she just threw the package off to the side and never checked that it had someone else's name on it. But given how it was returned...
>tfw I found her on fb and she worked for a law office
>mfw
>>
>>9053131
Post pics of you in the underwear ?
>>
>>9050740
Thats rough anon, our handling charge is €7~ I think?. Hate paying it but at least it isn't 17.50.
>>
>>9050740
At least it's not Brazil. You pay ems to have it stuck 2-4 months.
>>
>>9051161
Hermes quality highly depends on the delivery guys, and since I know mine I'll never order with them again.

One story:
>Order bath towels, shipping with hermes for the first time in new town
>get home, find slip in mailbox
>"attempted delivery, please call *telephone number* for your package"
>??? wha??
>call them live 5 times, only picks up at 8 pm
>"Oh yeah, could you like, pikc it up at my house? I don't live that far away. I won't be home till 7 pm, though, I mean, I have to work."
I legit hat to pick my package up at the delivery guys house. Twice. Since then I don't use hermes

Another story of my in-law's neighbor:
>neighbor buy something with cash-on-delivery
>stupid delivery guy who never really delivers things rings
>she pays, but needs to get a few cents from the kitchen, asks to get the package to check is while she gets the rest of the money
>delivery guy refuses to hand package, takes it off her arms
>she tries to get it back
>he pushes her so she falls on the flooor, taking the package with him, leaves money on the floor
I think she filed a complain with Hermes.
>>
>>9050695
Ordered a sword for a sephiroth cosplay.

Arrived from china and the wood had cracked down the scabbard.

Guy was a bro though and agreed to refund postage rather than sending a new one (because it wouldn't arrive before expo and he had bubble wrapped the shit out of it so was parcelforce fault)
>>
>>9052156
were you part of Secret Santa? the pic looks familiar.

what a fucking tragedy.
>>
>>9051668
You might not know this, but anything you receive in the mail you're entitled to keep. (In the US, anyways.) Even if it has the wrong name or address on it, unsolicited mail is yours to keep. This is because back in the day scam artists would send out "free gifts" and then later try to bill you for them.
>>
>>9053454
Huh. Pretty sure where I live, it's an offense to open mail that isn't destined to you.
>>
>>9053454
I think many places allow you to do this. Here, AS LONG AS the address and name are yours, AND you didn't order it, you can keep it. If it's obviously a mis-send the sender has to fix their mistake (offer to pick it up), but it also doesn't mean you get to keep it. I mean, aside from that, morally I don't think I could keep mis-sent packages anyway, and I'd try arranging returns with the shipper.

>>9053466
At least the case for letters, packages might be iffy grey ground?
>>
>>9052747
Note for the future - ask your friends to write "c/o" or "care of YourName" on the box, with their name underneath to alleviate any confusion. I always do this if I'm mailing to someone who doesn't share my last name.
>>
>>9053398
The in-law's neighbor story, if that had happened in 'Murica it would have ended up with an arrest and a massive lawsuit, not just a filed complaint. It just baffles me what you all have to go through just to get your mail.
>>
>>9053424
Yeah that was me and some of my secret santa gifts had arrived in the pile of mail that didn't get delivered until days later.
>>
>>9050740
We have that in our country too! It's 13euro here.
I got customs for 22 euro on a fricking birthday gift!

Then when I got to collect my package at the postal office they said it hadn't arrived yet. I went everyday for a week, and every day the same thing.
Then I finally called the office for it, and turns out they had scanned the wrong serial number for the package. So the next day I got a new slip to fetch my package, but they forgot the customs, so I could collect my package without paying anything.
>>
See the Taobao thread right now, so many anons are currently going through mail horror.
>>
>>9052421
>DO NOT BEND
I think my mail carrier is illiterate because I've received multiple do-not-bend envelopes in a taco shape.
>>
>>9053853
jfc, I just saw it
Buynosaur is the new YoyBuy / Transbao?
>>
File: 1460008186320.jpg (45KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1460008186320.jpg
45KB, 450x450px
dunno if this counts but I'll share anyway, still super annoyed about it

>2013
>buy a Hell Bunny dress for normalwear second-hand from an alt./goth fb group
>girl is charging £15 + p&p, seemed fair enough as it was a pretty recent design that was retailing for something like £40 online
>says she can't send it until 'x' day (can't remember when) because "omg so busy til then soz"
>hadn't payed at this point anyway so I was like, completely fine with that
>browse eBay for more dresses because I love dresses
>same dress comes up for 99p starting bid, free p&p
>notice seller's username
>notice that she used her profile picture on facebook as the same picture for eBay
>rage
turns out she wasn't gonna send it anyway, but still charge me almost £20
>don't let her know I've found out
>FF a few days
>I win the bid on eBay for the dress that I was buying anyway
>but for something like £4 and no p&p
>at this point, the woman is still messaging me on facebook every single day asking me when I'm gonna pay her
>nopelol
>wait til the dress was sent to me
>screencap the entire exchange and the eBay profile in question
>name & shame on fb group
>several other people in the group mention that they were ripped off or swindled by her

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE

>so, she's obviously super pissed off when she realised it was me who won the eBay bid (same address m8)
>the dress was listed as 'medium'
>it comes scrunched into a binbag
>the smell was like rotten eggs and fagends
>the dress itself was stained to hell (dress was white) and stunk of B.O
>I should mention at this point she was morbidly obese
>"never been worn!!11!!1!!!"
>clearly had been
>and never been washed
>tried it on begrudgingly (immediately went for shower afterwards) before washing it
> Literally fell straight off
>she stretched the dress out entirely, all the shirring on the back had snapped

I'm still finding holes in the dress to this day.
I think she got banned from most of the fb groups and eBay after that.
>>
I've got two. I had a large body line shoe order, split into two shipments, one arrived within 2 weeks and the other lived in Italy for almost 2 months. (I'm in cali) the other was a recent purchase from lace market, the box arrived completely open, label torn in half. Wtf
>>
>>9053987
Hope you filed an eBay claim against her.
>>
>>9053454
Umm not really. It's illegal to open mail that isn't addressed to you in the US. But really who's going to sue about it.
>>
>>9054006
box was open but you got your stuff right anon?
>>
>>9053454
There's a difference between unsolicited mail and misdelivered mail. Unsolicited mail must have your address on it. It can be under your name, a mispelled version of your name, a household member's name, or a generic title/no title ("Our neighbors at" or whatever). I think you're even covered if its a different person's name but your address, because I know I get a ton of free samples sent under the previous owner's name. But if it is delivered to the wrong house with the wrong name (like the issue Underwear anon had) and the recipient still opens it willfully knowing that, then it becomes a federal offense.
>>
>>9050695
My country's customs suddenly decided to cut the tax exemption limit to half and is now stopping every fucking tiny shit they feel like stopping.
I know someone being demanded payment proof of some 2€ ebay purchase from China for them to release it.
Waiting time to get your shit has gone up to at least one month, they ages replying to emails (and when they do, they give you copy/paste answers and don't provide any actual information), never answer phone.
I'm very, very salty.
>>
>>9058324
*they take ages
Vision clouded by anger
>>
File: 1422553559803.jpg (41KB, 357x356px) Image search: [Google]
1422553559803.jpg
41KB, 357x356px
>>9051161
Holy fuck I thought you guys were joking when you were talking about how bad Hermes is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXN6NDyKcu0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9zQk4wNs1Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvPGsnZ0n6g
>>
>>9051161
Hermes hung my parcel on the fucking front door handle in full view of the street just so they could register it as delivered. I had even specifically asked them to leave it with a neighbour as I knew I wouldn't be in.
>>
>buying japanese cd
>impatient person but choose slow shipping method to try to avoid customs charge
>check and total is equivelant to just under £34 in yen
>figure it will be ok, the saving will make up for the wait
>get invoice for £20 fee anyway
>did the math total value comes back to £34.20
>over by 20p
>yen to pound exchange rate must have chanaged since ordering or something
it feels so petty to complain about it but £55 is too much for an album.
anyone else wish that had less ridiculous taste in everything so they wouldn't have to constantly import stuff from Japan?
>>
>>9058357
>jam rag
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (111KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
111KB, 1280x720px
>>9058357
Murica may be going to shit but at least I get my packages. Even Fedex and UPS aren't this bad.

Although the USPS can be on this level at times. Pic related. Some temp carrier didn't want to do their route so they just dumped days worth of mail into a dumpster.
>>
>>9058357
The reason people like Hermes, Yodel and the like are so shitty is that they aren't government regulated. Both Royal Mail and the Post Office are, so they have targets and standards that they have to comply with. Hermes and the like are just run like regular businesses and don't have to answer to the government. So they can hire who they like and do what they like without any proper checks or compliance.

Doesn't mean Royal Mail/Post Office is perfect- far from it- but they're a heck of a lot more reliable than the others. I've never had a problem with them, whereas Yodel suck every single time.
>>
I'd like a lil' advice on befriending my mailman? I've seen stories in these threads about how people know their delivery guys/girls and I'd like to befriend mine. He knows my name (always inputs the name on the automatic thingie they have rather than asking me my name) and is super polite and kind.

I feel it's awkward just being like 'hey sup', and I also look like a hobo whenever I answer the door due to being a night owl.

The idea of having someone look out for me is nice, esp. because nearly all my expensive mail is sign-only. I never miss a sign after two attempted daylight robberies where the people had knocked/rang the bell to see if we were home and I thought it was just delivery people leaving slips to collect.
>>
>>9058621
Mailmen are used to seeing people looking like hobos when they open the door. I don't think it is that much of an issue.

Some small conversation or quick joke always got my mailman in a better mood- he even knows my name off the bat now because of the deliveries he makes. And always be thankful, and say you appreciate it.
>>
>>9058621
If he works a long shift, you could always give him a snack or a bottle of water to keep him going. I'm sure anyone would appreciate that.
>>
>>9058621
Seconding what >>9058627 says. My rural carrier is an amazing woman and is always super friendly and I try to make little jokes when she drives up with packages, especially when we get a lot because she's really doing me a solid. Also it's not a rule but it's unspoken tradition to get your mail carrier something nice at Christmas time. Usually a card with a tip or a gift card to a restaurant inside, maybe even baked goods.

I wasn't used to that when I moved out here in the middle of nowhere so it was a surprise to see that my gran's paper carriers each wrote her a note for Christmas thanking her for being a continued customer and she wrote them each a card in return with like $10 in it and then we did the same for the mail carrier.

Also off topic but
>two attempted daylight robberies
>ringing bell to see if you're home
Fuck that shit. I thought moving out to bumfuck nowhere would mean getting away from people trying to break in after one pair came into our backyard in the suburb and our dog went after them and got hit with a baseball bat for it. So when I moved out here I figured it would be safer but we ended up having this deliquent with records pair of underaged brothers who showed up at my door one night when I was alone and looked surprised when someone answered and asked to use the phone while I caught his brother in the flower bed trying to look in our dining room window. They were also caught dicking around on the property next door where there's a shop and we called the cops. Last I heard the elder one got shipped off to juvie or something for stealing his gran's car and wrecking it and the younger one hasn't bothered us again.
>>
>>9058621
My grandparents befriended all their mailmen/ladies by buying them Christmas gifts, like a really fancy box of chocolates.
>>
>>9058621
At least your attempted robbers rang. Mine just threw the door open, then bolted when I called out "Hello". Happened twice now. Then I was robbed successfully once, and my car was broken into twice.
>tfw in suburbia, but surrounded by wannabe trash
>>
>>9058641
Sage for getting really off-topic, but
>asked to use the phone
I've had an attempted robbery too where the guy asked to use my phone. What the heck are they trying to do?
>>
>>9058637
I live literally a 5min walk from the post office, so that wouldn't work. I'd totally do it if I were out of bounds.

>>9058627
My guy seems kinda... efficient? like 'hey, how are you? just sign here please' and I'd like to show that I'm thankful without taking up his time.

>>9058641
Oh, he doesn't deliver me letters, just packages. So someone comes by and delivers span into our box, but he's the guy who delivers my signed parcels. I'd have to plan to give him a gift on the holidays.

>>9058662
I screamed at my robber 'who the fuck are you?!', gut was about a foot away from me when he ran, but he was so fast I was helpless to give a description.
>>
>>9058679
Either get inside the house or just cover their asses when they knock/ring and someone answers. Luckily for me I had a glass door between us and I've got a major case of bitchface and a baseball bat. I'd much prefer rural to suburb/city now though. It's a pain in the ass when you want to go somewhere but the mail is reliable and you don't have to worry about neighbors/strangers trying to steal your shit. Just you know.. random people mowing your mailbox down and then tossing its ruined metal carcass into your yard.

>>9058686
If he just delivers packages then hell yeah, get that man a good gift for the holidays and always remember to thank him.
>>
>>9058595
FedEx can reach that level.

>girl I know is waiting on a package
>missed two delivery attempts and made special arrangements to be home as package is worth about $600
>normal delivery time comes and goes, a few hours pass and she gets nervous
>call local hub
>"Oh yeah hold on we'll check where he is and... hm"
>silence for a minute, then she can hear them try to muffle mic and call for a supervisor
>"Hun we're gonna just uhhhhh put you on hold a second ok"
>a second becomes an hour with occasional reassurance that they are working on 'the situation'
>finally they tell her the package is headed directly to her and thank her profusely for calling
>when the delivery finally comes the driver fills her in on what happened
>you see, the original driver was a Christmas temp who found the job too stressful
>so he parked it in the middle of a residential area, got out, walked to the nearest bus stop and went home without calling dispatch
>when she called, the operator checked the GPS tracker or something on the truck and I guess either it told them how long it had been sitting or they just knew approximately where it ought to be on the route
>without her calling it would have been nearly 8pm before they'd think to check where it is
>>
>>9058641
I used to live pretty far in the boonies and we had a rash of oddly well planned robberies committed by some people from a somewhat busier nearby town. They actually spent time casing the area, knew when people left for work and how long they'd be, when people went on vacation, and even who had dogs and whether the dogs were put on leash runs or not. When they had an open time they'd leave their truck at the park at the end of the road then get on a quad with a small trailer and go through the pretty thick woods that ran behind all the houses in the area right up to your back window and break in. No one would have any idea since they'd be completely hidden from the road, and offroading was so common that the noise wouldn't attract attention either. They'd load up the trailer and drive right back to the park and head out. These fuckers were so brazen that not only did they hit my neighbor's house when she was only gone for a little over an hour, but they parked the quad just barely a foot out of range of her dog's leash and from the foot prints it looks like they even taunted it. My parent's house was one of the few not hit and I'm still certain its only because they might not have known we had a dog (he had been hit by a truck and was indoors-only until he recovered) since one window looked like they jimmied it open, but it happened to be the window directly over his bed. Opening the curtains to a faceful of pitt pup who loved to do that low growly 'boof' bark would be a hell of a deterrent.
>>
>>9058193
In the US it's basically legal to steal your neighbor's mail because neither the mail carrier nor the police give two shits if your stuff gets swiped. Unless the thievery is caught on camera nothing will be returned.
>>
>>9059668
That's not "basically legal", that's just bad enforcement on a difficult to prove law. You can still charge someone of it if you can prove it, which I've done before. Like most thefts though the police won't give a fuck until it passes a certain dollar amount. It also greatly helps if they signed for it, especially if its a carrier like FedEx that lets you view the signature by putting in your tracking information.
>>
>>9058621
In general, if your mailman does a good job, ring up the local post office and tell his manager thank you. We did this once after they were kind enough to put our packages in the garage when we weren't home, and the manager was SHOCKED and very happy that someone actually called them to give them a compliment rather than yell at them. They always hide our packages now whenever we aren't home.
>>
>>9059632
Holy shit that's ridiculous.

>>9059649
I'm amazed how much they got away with. Luckily here it's a high traffic area since I live on a highway so if any shady shit happens, it's the trailer trash neighbor kids I mentioned above. Their granparents took them in and then they robbed the next door neighbor (and got caught) then roamed the area after dark and got picked up by the cops (at least twice) and then the worst one stole the gran's vehicle and wrecked it.

>>9059668
>>9059748
Yeah seconding that no one really gives a fuck about stealing mail. My auntie bought a porcelain nativity set from a catalogue and it got delivered to the wrong house and the mail carriers wouldn't do anything so my auntie went down there to the lady's house and the lady swore up and down that she never got it despite the USPS giving my auntie proof it got delivered to her house. She got invited in by the lady and guess whose nativity's set was displayed right there in the living room? She had to brandish her proof of shipping and item in the woman's face and threaten to call the cops before the lady finally gave her the nativity set back.
>>
File: 1371054307712.png (349KB, 397x527px) Image search: [Google]
1371054307712.png
349KB, 397x527px
>>9059668
Actually it's a felony if you can prove it.
>>
>>9058637
I do this. My courier is going to have a lot of packages for me today and next week and I bring her a bottle of water each day she swings by. She's pretty awesome. I feel bad for her because her delivery car doesn't have AC and it's been humid and hovering around 100 degrees lately.
>>
>>9060012
if I have something that says someone else signed for my package what do I do then?
He signed for instead of forwarding it and I've never got it. when asked about it he said " i never recieved it" but i know its a damn lie since the fuck signed for it.
why he'd want to steal my burando of all things is beyond me.
>>
Not really /cgl/, but mail
>order replacement screen+digitizer
>month later, never came
>call post office
>sit on hold for 2 hours, watched a movie while on hold
>"hmm ok lemme take a look for it"
>"ok it's been on the shelf, looks like it came here a month ago"
>finally shows up
>screen is busted, seller won't take it back since he sent it a month ago
fuuuck that
>>
File: IMG_20160328_095927.jpg (24KB, 188x229px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160328_095927.jpg
24KB, 188x229px
> road crew dug up both roads that I can use to exit my extremely rural house
> accidentally cut my telephone and internet cables and never told us and trashed the mailbox
> almost missed a payment request from AmiAmi and have no clue where my giant order of fabric went only figured about the two when I hoofed it to a library for that sweet free wi-fi
>>
This is a question for people that live in the US. If I got a P.O. box, would it lessen the chances of my mail being delivered to the wrong address, or do they put things in the wrong P.O. box regularly too?
And am I able to use a P.O. if it's being mailed by UPS or anything not USPS?
>>
>>9050740
>stuck 3 days
Amateurs

That being said I paid a customs charge of 20€ on a 30€ package of keychains. It was also held up at customs for 3 weeks. But well nothing we can do... I feel your pain anon
>>
>>9060406
Wrong delivery still happens every now and then.
I'd say it does lessen the chance though since it's so easy to take something up to the counter and say "this isn't my mail"

Some sellers/companies won't ship to PO boxes, but I'm not entirely sure why.
It might be worth it to get a UPS box instead, since I've never seen any restrictions on shipping to them. They give you an actual street address to use.
>>
File: 1403336626823.png (244KB, 538x502px) Image search: [Google]
1403336626823.png
244KB, 538x502px
>>9053398
>he pushes her so she falls on the floor, taking the package with him, leaves money on the floor
Isn't that a form of assault or something?
>>
>>9060384
>what do I do then?
Call the cops? You have probable cause for them to search the house for your items. They may not want to spend the time doing it if its not worth at least a couple hundred bucks though.
>>
Here's a real horror story: Canada Post is going on strike again.
>>
>>9060384
If he signed it, tell him you're calling the police for mail theft.
>>
>>9061363
Tell me it ain't so.
>>
>>9058686
>I'd like to show that I'm thankful without taking up his time.
When you know there's going to be a delivery, leave something by the door so you can give it to him quickly.
>>
>>9060464
Thanks! I'll look into a UPS box too.
>>
>>9061504
Sadly it very well may be. My friends father works for Canada Post and he says that if they don't get their shit together in the next week theyll be going on strike by Canada Day.
>>
>>9061858
>government entity
>getting their shit together
sorry canada
no government alive can do that
>>
>>9060397
This story hits close to home for me
>middle of nowhere
>middle of winter
>middle of the night
>loss of power
>no big thing, it'll be back by tomorrow night
>wake up, try to use internet to check parcel tracking
>nothing
>try to call post office on old rotary phone
>call did not go out
>no cell service here either
>go to work (in equally rural place), it'll be back later
>get home, no power, no heat, no dinner
>next day, same thing, except had dinner
>third day, same as second
>fourth day, drive to nearest place with cell service
>turn on cell
>check outage map
>no outages
>call hydro company
>no problems on their end
>check mail
>23 messages
>6 of which from online store about needing more funds because squandering material due to lack of communication
>reply with more money, then head home
>walk along 3 km of power cables looking for a break
>all good there
>check hydro pole
>anyone want a fried raccoon?
>it climbed the pole, and managed to fry everything coming into that pole
>drive back out to call hydro
>oh he just flipped some breaker-like thing on the pole?
>I can fix that
>make long hooked pole
>glue rubber glove over hooked part
>flip the switch
>power and phone are back
>hook up dial-up
>email the shopkeep showing that I'd provided all the necessary information previously
>oh, I didn't see that
>ff a month
>get my custom cosplay shit for only almost double the initial price
>wear it once
>drown in regrets
>ff to now
>find it while cleaning my old room
>retell story on cgl
>>
I preordered Daydreaming Goldfish from Metamorphose. They finally shipped it last week, but input my address incorrectly. I have no fucking idea how they managed to set the country as the Netherlands when I live in the US. Now I have to wait for Dutch customs to refuse the package, send it back to Meta, and send it to me again, hopefully with the correct shipping address this time.

I know nothing about European customs other than the exorbitant import taxes. Are there any EU/Dutch anons who can give me an idea of how long it'll take them to send the package back? I have a feeling I'll be waiting at least a month. This shit sucks. I sure hope Meta offers some sort of compensation for this situation.
>>
>>9062261
Why would they offer compensation for something you did?
>>
>>9061858

Ahaha so 100% chance of strike then.
>>
>>9062271
Can you read? Meta incorrectly entered her address when they went to ship it, she didn't enter it wrong herself.
>>
>>9062283
Oh ok.
>>
>waiting for package
>need to go to work, missed package
>get slip fromt he post office saying I can pick it up tomorrow
>go to post office next day
>they don't have the package

tracking says it's there. Called the post service, their tracking says it's still with the postman. should I be worried?
>>
>>9062885
yes
>>
File: sad frog bmp.png (6KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
sad frog bmp.png
6KB, 300x300px
>selling old cosplays on ebay
>one person buys two of them
>I had envelopes big enough for each, but ebay wants to use a single shipping label for both
>stuff both of them in the biggest envelope I have
>barely fits, but closes
>go to drop it off at the post office
>package opens along the way
>try my best to close it
>don't have tape on me, so I ask a post worker to tape it shut
>hopefully??
Please don't turn into a mail horror story for the buyer.
>>
>>9062900
why wouldn't you just acquire a new one at the post office??
>>
>>9062907
It was the biggest envelope they carried.
>>
>>9062900
In my experience postal workers are a million times better at taping things shut than any mortal tapist.
>>
>>9062261
I think Meta is having a problem with that. I ordered some small items and got someone else's large order (not yours though, sorry). I'm in the process of sending the order I got back to Meta now. Good luck.
>>
>>9062132
Damn raccoons.
>>
>>9063244
Thanks. The package looks like it's still in Dutch customs but Meta must have another in stock because they said they will ship again tomorrow. I don't know why they couldn't have just shipped it when I brought the error to their attention a week ago, but whatever. I just want my weeby walolita dress sometime this century.

Good luck sending that incorrect stuff back to them. I hope they're not making you pay shipping for their mistake.
>>
>>9063205
Unless they are a government employee.
>>
File: 1453608470314.gif (484KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1453608470314.gif
484KB, 500x375px
>Pay for order two weeks ago, needs to be here by end of the month
>Hear nothing from SS
>Have to harass them for a tracking number
>"We'll give it to you when it clears customs!"
>"Hey anon, it's cleared customs, here's your tracking number!"
>Checks number
>"Shipped on the 18th"
> Estimated 6-12 business days til delivery

Don't fucking lie to me about when you shipped my package, especially when I specifically mentioned needing it by the end of the month several times. Don't use Buynosaur, anons.
>>
>>9050695
This isn't cgl related but bought a drill bit recently for $5 and got charged $20 import fees when it actually came in. So ridiculous.
>>
>buy a bunch of special holiday food for friend in Finland
>not worried, Dutch post is p decent, sure it'll get there in time
>hear nothing for a month
>lots of stuff happen, neither me or my friend remember to check the tracking
>eventually realize the package never arrived
>friend goes to Finnish postal office
>nothing
>I call Dutch postal service
>they're searching for two weeks both here and there
>get call
>"oh the package is found, anon, it's been sent back to you, they never left a slip or tried to deliver and the 3 weeks limit passed"
>"...my friend went there and they told her they had nothing"
>"yeah well idk about that, package should be back this week"
>package disappears into parcel limbo once again
>get call
>"oops sorry anon it's actually still there, should we try to re-deliver?"
>YES
>another week passes
>"oops sorry anon they sent it back after all"
>GOD DAMMIT
>get parcel back, months have passed, it's covered in stickers in several languages

As a broke student, I can't afford these shipping costs again. Fuck you, Finnish post.
>>
Always gotta be mindful of things travelling through the post office.

Like, did you know they can print the label but then spend six months not shipping it to you, and then dodging you left and right?

Chad Taylor, of Incognito: Costumes and Props did just that.

He now runs BoE Cosplay, which is trying to sell the 'mystery box' of random cosplay crap.

The real mystery is if you'll ever see it at all.
>>
>>9069239
That has never happened to me in Finland. Usually that kind of mess happens if you've messed up writing addresses and return info. And you can always ask the post in advance to keep the package for longer if there's issues.
>>
>>9069882
I have never gotten a text message notification of my packages and my number were correct. I wonder how it's supposed to work like if it's something my post office messed up.

Of course it doesn't apply in other anons case since it was an overseas parcel. And other than that Finnish post is like a dream compared to any other company mentioned here apart from occasional delay and employees playing football with the packages. I think customs are a bigger pain in the ass here.
>>
>>9069882
The lady at the post service doublechecked for me and everything was written down correctly. She said she didn't get it either and that her experiences with Finnish post were very good, I guess I just got very unlucky?
>>
I'm having one right now
>have package tracking updates for a package sent from Japan via ems texted to my phone
>your package just arrived at x local post office (close to my home)
>your package just arrived at y local post office (further away from my home)
>ok weird but whatever
>your package arrived back at x post office
>what
>>
>>9050740
ouch, over here you can just declare it yourself ahd have no handling fee

our carrier is legit mentally disabled, the postal office has some program where they hire people with disabilities
he just outright forgets to give us our fucking newspaper like every other week, and he's generally got super creepy vibes. sometimes I have to sign for small packages with him knocking on the door at like 6pm and making me sign for it against the fucking corridor wall, while he's eerily smiling and staring at me
another courier casually loudly talks to the dogs he sees on the way and on at least one occasion tried to pet one through the fence, I'm glad my dog trusts 0 strangers
>>
>>9062261
The plot thickens on the Daydreaming Goldfish saga. The new package arrived in my city last night...but so did the old package. I suppose Dutch customs figured out where the package should go since I live in a big, world-famous city. I sure hope I can just refuse one of the packages, because I'm not paying out of my own pocket to ship one of the dresses back. EMS prices in the US are outrageous.
>>
File: 1466981842237.jpg (52KB, 800x656px) Image search: [Google]
1466981842237.jpg
52KB, 800x656px
>leave house at 12:30
>get delivery attempt notification at 12:35
>>
Any Virginia gulls here that seem to get stuck with the laziest fucking mail carriers?
The last few packages I've had delivered by USPS have had delivery dates the correspond with my day off so I would be home all day to sign for them if need be but instead I get to pull a "Sorry we missed you" slip out of my mailbox at 5pm.
This shit happens all the time, I've tried complaing but nothing happens.
My main post office is only a few miles away but I live near DC so it's over an hour round trip because of traffic.
It's gotten to the point that I pay extra to ship FedEx so I don't have to pick up all my packages myself.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160628-125545.png (173KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160628-125545.png
173KB, 1080x1920px
Canada post why do you do this.
>>
>>9075286
I live in NoVA too and I have the same issue
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.