[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do we think of Fanplusfriend?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

So many designs on their homepage. Some look really great. Thinking of buying...but...

I've heard lots of negative things about other Chinese-based lolita "copy" brands but what about Fanplusfriend?
>>
Pure crap.
>>
>>9050539
Can you explain, I'm a total newfriend.
>>
>>9050547
Poorly constructed garments, crap quality, replicas galore, can't make custom pieces to fit people properly, also sell costume junk (although that's what their "lolita" stuff looks like)
>>
They've got some weird designs but I recently bought a blouse from them that's good quality. I haven't owned any of their dresses but I've seen a couple in person and they seemed nice.
>>
>>9050535
They're really unreliable. Things are almost always different from the stock image material, design, and color wise. The measurements are usually off too. Not quite milanoo level, but not that far above it.
>>
>>9050551
My friend bought a custom dress from there and still needed to have it tailored to fit properly so I would avoid it
>>
OP here.

Soo, some thing nice, some things not, but seems to be a lottery. That's a shame.

I was mostly concerned about them doing straight copies of other brands. That's always tacky. Anyone have any experience of that?
>>
>>9050569
Yeah, you need to lurk more.
>>
I bought a really nice custom sized coat there that fit me like a glove. Honestly, the quality and materials were surprisingly good. Dresses that I've gotten from there have been really meh...
>>
F+F's quality is good, bad, and middling. Their sizing is either true or completely off the mark. Fabric quality is questionable, decent, or terrible. Construction can be amazing or awful or in-between depending on the item and who you ask.

The point is that you're never going to get a straight answer from the seagull hive mind. Order something from them yourself and figure out whether you like it or not.
>>
I find them to be like "special snowflake" I bought from them before a couple of times. One back in 2010. Ordered custom and the jacket fit well but the pants were 2 sizes too small and had to expand the pant leg to get it to fit.

Then I ordered a skirt from their clearance page and the color is so "awkward" that I couldn't coord it for shit. and the major turn off for mine is that it was literally a raw hem at the bottom so it looked like it was handmade. and the fabric felt like thick shiny satin. If anyone could figure it out it's the Castle Innocence full shirring skirt (ordered the hideous pink one) pic related
>>
>>9050553
I was thinking of buying blouses from them because they have sizes that will fit my wider shoulders and ill get the rest tailored to fit me in town. Any tips/suggestions would be appareciated on the buying of blouses.
>>
File: _20151015_022606.jpg (520KB, 1440x1806px) Image search: [Google]
_20151015_022606.jpg
520KB, 1440x1806px
>>9050535
I like the quality of this dress I got from them. It's nowhere near as nice as brand (thin material, buttonholes are a bit big for the buttons), but it was only $150 iirc. I just wanted to try it out and I'm not disappointed since I didn't have high hopes to begin with
>>
Generally, they're safe in that you're not going to get something radically different from what you ordered. Look up reviews for the specific pieces you want. Fanplusfriend used to have a lot of non-print replicas, but recently they've tried to step up their game (apparent in their release of things like the Drifting Dame for a limited period of time, their experiment with higher quality fashion with Tartarus Wall, etc). They have many original pieces, some original prints. One of the biggest draws is the custom sizing, relatively low price, and the ease of ordering from them (no need for an SS). They are certainly a step up from Bodyline. The Steampunk community is probably their biggest customers. I think because of their history, a lot of experienced lolitas don't purchase from them. It's pretty hard to find more recent reviews of their stuff. Do your research and take note of the kind of fabric they use in the pieces you want.
>>
>>9050535
Seconding or thirding the unreliable review. Lace is wonky and not matching, fabric is subpar, designs are sometime off in fit and wearablity. That being said, the prices are fair (especially if something is on sale), so I have some stuff on my wish list, but it's all plain and non-print.
>>
>>9050535
I've got two pants from them for Ouji and they're pretty good. A bit on the small side from the listed measurements though. Solid, well constructed and durable. But for the prices you may be better off buying second hand brand.
>>
>>9050535
I've got two of their blouses - Sacred Academy of Alexandria, and Steel Rose. I have to say, I was actually pretty impressed - they're both very nicely finished, solid construction. The fabrics are polyester (chiffon for the Alexandria, crepe for the Steel Rose), but with a nice heft and feel. They were also both pretty solidly true to size.
>>
I've ordered quite a few pieces from them and I definitely agree on the unreliable sizing. I've gotten all my pieces made custom sized and I've gotten pieces that are too small, too big, and that fit perfectly. Quality wise they're not the best but they're also not horrible. I have their Midsummers Night's Dream JSK in purple and people are always really surprised when I say it's F+F.
>>
>>9050535
I buy blouses from them a lot and have never had a single issue. They shipped fast, it looked like the picture, it fit wonderfully, and the quality is soft and thick and just great. I love their blouses, well 'Neo Ludwig" blouses.
>>
I know a lot of lolitas hate on their designs, but I genuinely like some of the unique things they put out. They're very experimental and have some things I've never seen touched on elsewhere.
However, they do have a lot of quality issues. My understanding of their fabric is that it's just all over the place and they don't seem to comprehend consistent quality with fabric choices, or fabric choices that even make sense. I have a heavy looking "winter" coat that looks beautiful for a example, but it's so thin it's practically useless for what it's meant for. I have light jackets warmer than it.
>>
>>9050724
Yes, the "unique" designs are their strongest point, not boring replicas. Seems like if the quality control got better they would be a decent brand.
>>
Wardrobe filler for the fat ouji.
>>
>>9050766

Fat ouji???

All the stuff on their website is tiny skinny chinese girls. I guess their basic sizes start tiny?
>>
>>9050780
I think anon was referring to the fact that all of their stuff can be made custom size.
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 490x588px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 490x588px
I purchased this cape late last year and the overall quality was nice. My only complaint was that the 'fingers' on the sash were squared off rather than curved like the picture. Hard to tell how warm it will actually be considering I have no experience with capes.
>>
>>9050902
Probably not very. I have a vintage wool cape that closes completely in the front and it's really only usable up to the -10 degree range. I don't imagine that will keep you very warm if it's actually cold outside.
>>
>>9050943
I'm assuming you mean Celsius. Thankful I live in Texas and it rarely drops below freezing.
>>
Has anyone bought their cage skirt? I'm considering buying one since I live in a really hot climate, but I don't want to throw down on this if it's bad.

Also if there's a better place to get these, please let me know.
>>
I've only bought from them once, and got a chiffon over-jacket and I like it fine. Nicely made, nice lace, soft. But the color isn't true white like the stock photos, but an off white and that annoyed me since I had bought it to wear with a true white dress
>>
>>9050559
I've had some nice skirts and things off them but they're inconsistent as all fuck, I got a great-quality coat from there but they initially sent me the wrong colour and tried to force me into accepting it before reluctantly doing an exchange.
>>
>>9051210
I have it and I love it. I pile other petticoats on top of it to make it larger and improve on the shape. But, I like the customization of it, and it does help with the heat.
>>
Probably the best place to ask. I was wondering if anyone had photos of a particular skirt I remember my newfag self loving a few years ago.

I remember it was dark purple or blue, with floral print on it. It was slightly Kimono-eqsue in term of the print but was just a plain skirt. There was a chiffon overlay on back. It was modelled with a blouse that had chiffon/see through sleeves, and had (iirc) a blue jewel on the bust. The photo had a bright yellow background.

Wayback machine is giving me nothing, but i'd love to see this skirt again for nostalgia's sake.
>>
>>9051210
Buy the one from Ikea, it's cheaper+no shipping. You only have to cut off the last hoop.
>>
>>9051225
Oh my gosh I had a laugh over IKEA actually selling a hoop skirt. I looked it up though and it's not in stock anymore. Damn. If you cut off the bottom hoop, you'd only have two hoops though.
>>
>>9051210
Their cage skirts are pretty great. I usually layer a low volume petti over top. Just make sure you learn how to sit in them properly or else they'll flip your skirt up.
>>
>>9051230
It might be in stock in physical stores, I was in a UK IKEA last week and they had several.
>>
>>9051210
I had it and liked it as a petticoat alternative but not as something to wear with coords (like as an overskirt) because of the elastic waistband and overskirt that can't be removed, which is what I wanted it for. Ended up selling it because I prefer the feel of petticoats to a hoop skirt and live in a cold climate. Gives nice poof though. I've also had a custom coat from them that was wool, warm and a great fit, and another skirt that was nice quality and true to the website measurements.

My feeling on F+F is that their quality isn't actually bad at all now, for the most part, but their stuff is very expensive for what it is. For a similar price it's easy to get second-hand brand or nice Taobao, which is why their main lolita fanbase is chubby girls that don't fit brand sizing. They had a couple of pieces I wanted to get recently but I just couldn't justify the price, especially since their international shipping options are also very expensive. They used to be liked as a cheap alternative to brand but now the prices you pay for a dress from them are almost on a par with brand and you have the inconsistency issues that put people off.
>>
>>9051245
Not to mention custom sizing went from $5 to $25+ which put people off who used to use them for custom blouses
>>
>>9051249
In my experience before the price raise they always came back to me and asked for extra money beyond the $5 for custom sized pieces. So it's more straightforward now.
>>
>>9051255
I never had that happen, the $5 was sufficient usually so perhaps that's why I'm a bit more disgruntled than you but it's a good thing to note for perspective
>>
Everything I've ordered from them so far has been fantastic. I first made a purchase from them waaaaaaaaaaay back when I was in high school and into Hetalia. I'm positive they were the ones I purchased my Pirate France costume from, but the link has since been taken down from their site. The hat that came with the costume was laughable, but the coat and tunic were magnificent. I still have them, and I plan to reboot and rewear the costume next year.

I've also purchased a blue jacket from them with corset lacing on the back. It was also very, very nice. Pretty sure I still have it too.

I have a couple of their things bookmarked for future cosplay pieces, but i haven't explored their "lolita" side too much yet.
>>
>>9050535
>MFW my first EGA coord was completely F+F
Luckily I have a AATP coat ordered.
>>
Ordered from them back in 2009 and their quality wasn't the best, and everything was sized weird. Got a cosplay from them recently though and it was actually pretty decently made and fit just fine.
>>
I got a blouse from them that ended up being too small (was forced to order the smaller size, for which I was just within the upper end of the measurements). Sizing aside, the material isn't terrible (it's chiffon and just a bit thicker than Bodyline's blouse) and the construction is OK.

I've heard they can be all over the place, although I am somewhat interested in getting a coat from them someday.
>>
I recently got two secondhand F+F dresses, Sweet Rococo jsk and the chemise OP. I got them for super cheap, even considering it was second hand, and I have no regrets.
Especially the first one was good, it was fully lined, the fabric was good quality cotton and the print looked good.
As expected, it's no brand quality, but it's better than Bodyline, so if you can find a good deal on their stuff I'd say go for it. Use common sense though. If the skirt material looks shiny on the stock photo, it probably is. I've heard they have some problems with weird, shiny, satiny fabric.
>>
>>9050639
Material choice based on weather, I agree with this fabrics choice, this dress is listed in their Summer collection for hot weather. It seems the Autumn and winter ones, like Pirate Whale Bones Bay, and steel rose is very thick and warm.
>>
>>9050553
I've bought a few blouses from them (probably 5) and can say they have been good quality, without any random fitting issues. I have also purchased a few dresses, underskirts and coats in the past.

>blouses good
>dresses crap
>coats (from the two I own) good and heavy
>underskirts good
>lace has always been mediocre.

They aren't brand tier, but for a lot of garments they are better than bodyline if you go for the most tasteful options (also they often have better length in things like skirts, blouses and dresses). I would avoid prints, but the embroidery is ok.
>>
>>9054428
picture of the chemise OP? the dress you have not stock photo
>>
I'm not a lolita anymore, so I haven't bought anything from them in several years.

I had good experiences but I was mostly buying Oldschool Gothic lolita with minimal lace and lots of extra pintucks and frills. Everything fit, but you have to take all the measurements they ask for and do the custom size option, at the time anyone who bought the non custom option was miserable with what they bought.

My stuff all had properly constructed stuff with nice thick cotton, serged seams, etc. It all fit wonderfully. The minimal lace was usually okay tier at least. Not scratchy or gross but not really brand quality with the little custom designs and stuff.

I bought one of their pettis and it was crap. I bought an EGA skirt, two jumpers, and a skirt. Everything was fine and people used to ask to touch them at cons because they were surprised by how nice my stuff was.

Most of their prints are probably replicas and a lot of their designs are adaptations of cosplay or some other fashion so I think that's part of the reason they get an ita reputation. Not everything on their site is lolita for sure.
>>
>>9057966
Which print of them are replica?
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.