[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

h. Naoto Madoka collab

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 18

Thoughts?
>>
>>9049857
closeup
>>
The thigh highs are ok.
>>
>>9049862
>>
>>9049865
back of bag
>>
I like the Nagisa shirt for normie wear, most of it just looks like average h. Naoto stuff though. The character reference is barely noticeable.
>>
>>9049857
That dress looks like it should be in the hot topic clearance bin. I'm not a fan of purple but the tights look good despite that.
>>
>>9049868
full lineup character art
>>
>>9049872
only homu and sayaka look good
>>
I was going to buy this but it's just really taste specific. If you don't like that casual gothy h. Naoto style, then there's not much you can take away from this that looks really Madoka.

Some of the details are really cute and related to Madoka with the witchy themes, but it's not obvious enough. They just need to do a real lolita brand x Madoka collab since I think everyone would love that.
>>
>>9049857

I feel like I missed a lot of PMM, can't figure out how Homura is related to teeth and bones.
>>
>>9049872
It looks much better at the art, the outfits with skirts obviously need small pettis or else they look like trashbags like OP.
>>
>>9050279
You're an idiot. 99% of witch related stuff is symbolic and if you aren't familiar with a lot of things behind that obviously you won't get it.

Instead of embarrassing yourself next time use google.
>>
>>9050279
It's from the third movie.
>>9050574
It's a cartoon about little girls getting fucked over by a rat, no need to get your autism in a twist.
>>
As usual H. Naoto goes for cheaply made cash-in. "Hot Topic clearance bin" is right. Is he still pretending to be a "real designer"?
>>
>>9049865
Those feet look really off to me. Like it is the same foot the same way, shouldn't those right metatarsals be flipped?
>>
File: DSC4523-601x400.jpg (69KB, 601x400px) Image search: [Google]
DSC4523-601x400.jpg
69KB, 601x400px
>>9050608
I hope you know that it is more than one designer working under H. Naoto, pic related is the designers working on their Hangry & Angry line.
>>
>>9050622
Yes I know. Most brands have several assistant designers. Is that relevant? He releases cheap mass-produced chinese crap, copies other brands, all the while presenting himself as a "leading designer in Japan".
>>
>>9049857
wow, that model is fugly
>>
>>9050662
Shut your whore mouth. H Naoto puts out consistently wearable stuff, unlike most brands.
>>
>>9050752

...stuff that you might as well get at Hot Topic or Red Queen Black Legion. Sometimes literally the same exact things, bought en masse from Alibaba and re-branded as H.Naoto or with a little chain or tag added.
>>
>>9050591

Huh, I really am out of the loop. Thanks for the update, anon.
>>
>>9050717
bad pic. plus she is living the dream
>>
>>9050572
The mami set is cute.
>>
The Nightmare before Christmas collab was better.
>>
>>9050775
>I hate everything even cool stuff that the rest of cgl likes
>I'm not like other seagulls!!
>>
>>9050662
if hes so cheap and not a real designer of japan then why do big bands ask him to design stuff for them
>>
I kind of like Homura's dress but I feel like you'd need a slim, no hips or bust figure to pull it off without making it look like a sack or mumu. Tights would've been better without the x-ray feet.

Mami and Kyoko also look neat but not much different from the regular lines as another anon pointed out.
>>
>>9051194
no amount of good lighting can get rid of that bulbous nose
>>
say what you want, this bag is fab
>>
>>9050621
>>
>>9057552
the skelly feet are really bothering me. The big toe is on the same side on both
>>
>From July 15th (FRI), we will be releasing all Mahoushojyo Madoka Magika collaboration items at flag ship store including the WEB SHOP in Japan.

So if the preorders sell out, they will get more in stock on the 15th? Or does that just mean whatever is left will be put in their physical and online shop?
>>
>>9057547
It looks so cheap and shitty.
>>
>>9057703
It means if it doesn't sell out, the extra will be put into shops.
>>
Sayaka style
>>
>>9061681
>>
>>9061687
>>
>>9061688
>>
>>9061691
I like the shirt.
>>
>>9057533
are you kidding, her nose is so petite. Bad pic I agree, but Fin is living the dream desu
>>
>>9057552
This bothers me so much, they didn't even care enough to make left and right feet. Just printed it twice and said fuck it
>>
>>9057552
Literally two left feet
Are they insinuating homu can't dance?
>>
>>9061687
Are they releasing the T shirts separately or are these sets? Because lord knows I need one.
>>
>>9063345
Nvm just read the thread
>>
>>9061687
are they just designing clothes without even looking at the characters? because this shit does not look like sayaka at all. devil homura was acceptable but this is not. my gears r grinded
>>
>>9063370
it is like many other collabs, where the pieces are inspired by the source, not cosplays of the source. the Sayaka stuff is sportier and has art relating to her witch form (the orchestra); it is made in the spirit of the character or in homage to her.

this is fashion, not cosplay
>>
>>9063382
I know it's not sayaka, it just doesn't look sayaka inspired at all to me. none of them except homu and dokes look like things the character would wear ever
>>
>>9063388
>none of them except homu and dokes look like things the character would wear ever
well, they aren't things the characters would wear, any more than Marie the Aristocat would wear the Angelic Pretty merch of her.

it is okay to not like this collab. its Madoka influence is fairly subtle, there are some odd things like the OTKs having literally two left feet, and the cuts are in line with the current h. Naoto brand, all of which are valid reasons to not like it. but each set is clearly inspired by the characters, within the limits of h. Naoto's style and with a lot of creative freedom of interpretation.
>>
>>9057747
Guess I'm out of luck then, looks like the pieces my friend and I wanted are sold out already.
>>
>>9062991
better her than that alex girl tho
girl is a mess and a half
>>
File: 20160621_112312.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160621_112312.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9057547
Wow this bag has almost the same details as my criminal damage one. I want it tho.
>>
This range is appalling. Agree completely with everyone who mentioned everything belongs in a Hot Topic clearance bin. Simply dire.

Why does practically ever collaboration based on an anime have to be so weeby and shit looking? Why don't we have anything classy and effay?
>>
>>9064059
That's because the Criminal Damage one is a replica of an older design of that bag when it was one of their first products for the H. Naoto Frill line.
>>
File: mm-7.png (308KB, 580x409px) Image search: [Google]
mm-7.png
308KB, 580x409px
>>9064090
>Why does practically ever collaboration based on an anime have to be so weeby and shit looking? Why don't we have anything classy and effay?
There are lots of collabs that don't but it seems only the tacky stuff gets posted.
>>
>>9064125
not sure if pajamas or nymphette
>>
>>9064201
Swimsuit
>>
File: madokaxearthmusicecology.png (1MB, 1024x744px) Image search: [Google]
madokaxearthmusicecology.png
1MB, 1024x744px
>>9064090
I thought the earth music & ecology collab wasn't too bad (minus Homura's charlie brown sweater).
>>
>>9049862
Holy mother of mercy, that's some crisp patterns. Too bad I can't figure out how the dress itself is made. I really hope some seams of that creation caters to less flagpole looking bodies...
>>9063339
Well, she didn't dance much in the Rebellion intro, did she?
>>
>>9064332
Mami and Madoka look the cutest! Would wear that kind of stuff for a casual confy day.
>>
>>9049892
>sayaka
that outfit is a hot mess
>>
they are also doing a D.Gray Man collab
>>
>>9071027
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.