[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old >>9023921 Last thread we were talking photos, cosplay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 263
Thread images: 24

File: akon-wallpaper.jpg (187KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
akon-wallpaper.jpg
187KB, 1024x768px
Old

>>9023921

Last thread we were talking photos, cosplay contests results, people being stupid assholes with hotel property
>>
>>9041835
good luck on this one not dying.
I got tons of photos taken of me this weekend, but no one's posted them.
Might take another day or two
>>
Went Friday & Saturday. Had an uneven experience overall; met some cool new people and loved seeing the Lolita's and seeing Minori. The panels, lines and body odor are almost deal breakers though. For such a large con, kinda underwhelmed with the selection. I don't know if I'll come back.
>>
>>9041891
>For such a large con, kinda underwhelmed with the selection. I don't know if I'll come back.

This was my thought about the con too, especially it being my first ever.
However, going back Saturday night and Sunday, a much more calm day as everyone was winding down, and talking and meeting more people convinced me to give the con thing another go. I mean 80% were total weirdos but the rest were decent people.
Plus, maybe I'll snag myself a qt cosplay grill.
>>
>>9041835
>>9041835
Dallas is an overhyped shitshow.
The location was terrible, making parking impossible. The guest list was lackluster with "literally who?" people (except TataHan and Vampy) - the "oldest anime convention!!!!" should do better than that, damn. Panels were shit. The construction made everything too crowded. And it seems like the "entertainment" was spread out to make it seem like there was more going on when there really wasn't. The contest had terrible results, with only women (aka Sailor Moon) winning awards and obvious contestants lying about their craftsmanship/where their cosplay came from.

>b-but muh fancy hotel!!
Everything except the hotel was lackluster.
>>
>>9041891
I think I was lucky. I didn't encounter too many people with serious con funk. At least, not for long. The hall leading to the AA/dealers room was sometimes pretty whiffy, though. My hotel floor also reeked of rotten eggs and hairspray. I have no idea why.

I did encounter a shocking number of handsy aspies, though. Agreeing to pose for a photo doesn't mean you can feel up my clothes or that you should tell me your life story, dudes.
>>
>>9041918
It's not?? But I always put my hand on girls' butts when taking pictures
>>
>>9041932
Butts are okay, but keep your mitts off my brand.

Seriously, though. Three guys and one girl complimented my outfit, took a photo, and started feeling up the skirt/my sleeves. I've never had that happen prior to this con.
>>
Dealers room was pretty weak yeah and all the rooms were way too small. Parking was a nightmare and the layout of the hotel was just kinda bad in general. Last time I went prior to this it was at the Adam's Mark which seemed like a better venue, or at least had easier access to parking and transit. Seems like A-kon is almost big enough to move on to a real convention center now.
Anyway it was still fun, looking forward to trying the other Dallas con thats in August.
>>
>>9041913
>The location was terrible, making parking impossible.
what the fuck are you talking about
there is a fuckton of parking everywhere, especially if you are staying at one of the 6 hotels in the immediate area.
Hell, I even parked for free the whole weekend.
>>
>>9041972
>bitching about only one of the numerous points I made
Okay :^)
>>
>>9041968

All my panels had smaller rooms compared to last year. Pretty sure only like 1/4 of the line for one panel made it into the room. Super bummed more people couldn't have gotten in.
>>
>a couple of posts on facebook of people crying that some guys wanted to touch them

I wonder how many of the stories were exaggerated. This cosplay is consent crap is really blurring the lines and giving girls basically complete power in being able to say or claim whatever they want.

>guy brushes by a girl in crowded hall
>she goes to blog and complains about some guy trying to rape her
>>
I've gotta say that I do have to agree with a lot of the complaints I see here. The actual hotel it is in is overpriced. Literally twice what I spend at other cons for the same sized room, but I do get valet parking, which alleviates a LOT of stress.
The dealers rooms was pretty crappy. There wasn't much new content from last year so it was all the same old same old and with online shopping, dealers rooms aren't really a big pull anymore.
Most of the panels that I attended were incredibly weak and uninteresting. Hopefully they start doing some quality control on these things as I'm seeing better panels at much smaller conventions.
The people is pretty much what I go for anymore and as we deal with people in general, you'll get a mixed bag of good and bad. Saw some awesome costumes, some not so great ones and a lot of normies wandering around.
I know that they may have been conservative about a few things this year since Dallas Fan Expo moving their dates to the same weekend. I'm glad to see that they made improvements to the badge line, but pretty much everything else went down hill. I'm firmly with the crowd saying they need to step up their game and possible move to a new venue.
>>
>>9042326
>normies wandering around
W-w-what's wrong with that? I just wanted to check out cosplay cuties.
>>
>>9041962
>>9041932
Oh.. I had no idea people with okay with their butts being grabbed, I normally just have an arm over their shoulder if they're not in some armor cosplay or something that looks like it could fall off
>>
>>9042387
They usually aren't. I was just making a tongue in cheek comment but, at the same time, I was not beaten with an ugly stick growing up either.
Shoulder for guys, waist for girls, butt for cuties.
>>
>>9042399
Oh, I usually just do shoulder in general and sometimes waist on cuties, I could understand if that shit makes them uncomfortable so I'm kinda cautious when I do that
>>
>>9042347
Cosplayers like seeing other cosplayers, that's half the fun.
>>
>>9042487
What's the other half?
>>
>>9042401
Warning for you right now: do not put your hand on a girls butt because you will either have your face slapped right the fuck off or you will be reported to security. It's very very rare that one actually likes it or doesn't mind.
>>
>>9042489
Get yourself a good cosplay and find out anon ;)
>>
>>9042490
>It's very very rare that one actually likes it or doesn't mind.
Absolutely false. I don't know whether you're a white knight or an actual girl, but I can't count the amount of times on my hands where girls did not care where I put my hand. I don't intentionally put my hand on places, but I know I've done it to several girls simply cause it was easier place to hold. I also don't look like a fat greaser, so a lot girls actually found me attractive and so didn't mind. I feel sorry for the guys who get scowled at, but that's just the nature of the game.
>>
>>9042494
Whatever you say buddy.
>>
>>9042490
To be fair, I've only actually hug my arm around them if they move closer to me, never crossed my mind to grab a strange's butt. Was a bit suprised to see someone here mentioning people are supposedly okay with it
>>
Aaron, the fact that you felt like you had to run a panel about cyber bullying just to convince yourself you dont talk shit online about people or 4chan is fucking hilarious. Just stop ffs.
>>
>>9042490
So yeah I've never been slapped but I also have good hygienes and is usually pretty presentable. I put my hands where I want. But that's why I added the disclaimer "they usually aren't" and "tongue in cheek". Not everything works out for everyone
>>
>>9042492
Promise to hold my hand and I will
>>
I managed to make it to a lot of the panels I wanted, but I don't recall panels being so crowded. Even the huge rooms were packed at late hours.

It just felt more crowded overall
>>
I was disappointed in the Karaoke. Cringefest af. Left immediately.
>>
Anyone watching that thread on the facebook group? The one where they are asking people to watch out for a L cosplayer from asking to pick up girls for photoshoots? I have a funny feeling if he was a muscle head, the reactions would be different.
>>
>>9042676
Why is /r9k/ here.
>>
>>9042685
I just find it amusing as a third party. Double standards and all.
>>
My favorite experience as first timer.

>be people watching on the 2nd floor looking down
>some K-pop or J-pop song is playing downstairs as people parade by
>two girls suddenly start dancing and singing along as they're walking in the crowd of people

That was THE cutest thing I've ever seen. I can't get it out of my head, even the song is kinda stuck. I remember the English lyrics were "I just want to fall in love".
Plus, during the dance demo on the final day, the girls in the audience were singing and dancing along too and it was just adorable.

It's weird that I'm fanboying so hard over girls fangirling. It was just really cute.
>>
>>9042676
As someone who has been asked to be picked by that guy, I would have the same reaction to any man who asked to pick me up bridal style in a short skirt. But you know... women and their vendettas against average guys...
>>
>>9042676
I was very tempted to ask a krul cosplayer if I could pick her up BUT short skirt and crowded area, there was no way in hell to do that without anyone getting a peek underneath, wonder if this creep fuck ever considers that
>>
>>9042854
If he doesnt consider it, it's nothing against him. Maybe he just wants pictures of being able to pick up girls. He's not asking for pictures to have his hand on their chest or to be licking between their legs. This is all being blown out of proportion from what I'm seeing. There's posts of people who also said he asked for permission to pick them up before then, yet none of the complaints are responding to the claims from those girls. This is a gradeschool mob lynch going on.
>>
>>9042859

I'm not so sure about that. Too many different victims at different times who don't know each other. Plus this wasn't the first year it's happened.

I'm inclined to wait and see if it gets investigated, but I wouldn't assume he's 100% innocent.
>>
okay can someone make a new a-kon thread that's actually for posting photos/stories about the con
>>
>>9042875

Except he made sure their underwear was showing?
>>
>>9042935
He's fat. He has to lift like that. You think he has enough strength to just use his biceps?

>is a fit bro
>>
>>9042880
What is this thread about then?
>>
>>9042938
>fit bro defending creepers
Surprise, surprise.
>>
>>9042945
Drama
>>
We were talking about the cosplay contest results in the other thread.
Who won all the different categories?
>>
>>9042956
Are you 12.
>>
File: meguka.jpg (526KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
meguka.jpg
526KB, 1280x720px
Post more pictures.
>>
>>9042971

...why are like 90% of their face-shapes the same. Was this Inbred-Con?
>>
>>9041918
that was not rotten eggs. that was weed.
>>
>>9042984
you see the same thing if you look at group pics in japan
>>
The photo galleries on the A-kon site are still from last year. Anyone know where to find pictures of the con?

Yes, I tried tumblr, but it seems to be more broken than usual in the "recent entries" tab.
>>
File: Akon27-Day1-15.jpg (230KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Akon27-Day1-15.jpg
230KB, 1200x1600px
>>
>>9042996
Check the facebook groups. There is an official Akon cosplay group and people are posting albums.

Anyone know the answer to my question?>>9042967
>>
>>9043003
Assuming you aren't a troll and are just an idiot, consent is the issue here:
Some people choose to do half naked cosplay.
Some people choose to not show their panties and are forcibly picked up and harassed.

One of them is something they choose to do deliberately and the other is forced upon them.
>>
>>9043029
Okay /r9k/, nevermind. :^)
>>
So am I supposed to hit on girls at cons or no?

I see girls in this very thread being sad that nobody hit on them or even raped them, then I see other supposed girls claim that nobody wants to get hit on at cons.

What's the fuckin answer?
>>
>>9043034
Those were guys posting about not being hit on ya numbskull, not everyone here is female
>>
>>9043042
but they said they were female, are you suggesting they were lying?
>>
>>9043042
But what if it's a good looking guy hitting on them?
>>
>Get metric shit tons of photos taken
>can't find any of them online
>>
>>9043034
That was a guy that wanted to be raped

Probably a kind of unhinged guy too
>>
>Sword art online photoshoot
>A random walks by and shouts "TWO YEARS WORTH"
Wew boy
>>
>>9043045
They said they were fembois, its a dude, dude.
>>
>>9043049
Who were you cosplaying?
>>
File: 1361175875337.png (97KB, 287x317px) Image search: [Google]
1361175875337.png
97KB, 287x317px
>>9043037
>Was crossdressing all weekend
>There's a chance a random guy online has upskirts of me

Neat?
>>
>>9043061
No one this year, this was just a thing that tends to happen in general.
>>
>>9043059
One said she was a girl, other was a femboi.
>>
>>9043068
Oh, was gonna try and help dig, haha. But yeah, experiencing that currently. Husband was Skull Kid, got stopped constantly all day Friday and Saturday. I've found about 5 photos so far, which is much better than last year at least. Ratio is probably about the same as far as taken vs found.
>>
>>9043071
Not that you know of sweet cheeks ;)
>>
>>9043071
Yeah I kinda figured you wouldn't but some guys are into it I guess
>>
>>9043045
of course not, no one would dare to lie on the internet
>>
What the fuck happened to this thread? Can we get back to cosplay drama or how shitty the hotel was now?
>>
>>9043171
Report and hide off-topic posts.
>>
Can we either start talking about a-kon or just set this thread on fire?
People stop feeding the trolls. Just fucking stop. I don't care if they say all women are acutally aliens who absorb men's life force through vaginal bloodsucking glands, they're just saying it to get a rise out of you and they will always have an "argument" for any point you present, they will never listen to you and they will never agree with you. So don't fucking engage.

Back to the actual con we supposedly attended, I personally definitely saw an uptick in crowding due to the lack of outdoor space, so I sincerely hope having that back next year will make things seem less congested.
The only panel I went to was a Yaya one, mostly because my girlfriend and I were killing time (the ones I really actually wanted to go to I just missed completely or they were too crowded). It was the one on cosplay competitions and her advice from her perspective as both a past competitor and as a judge. Apart from a few biases. it was mostly good advice (she's really up on trying to get people to enter big name international contests and spent a lot of time talking about them, and while I get that international cosplay cooperation is kind of her pet project, she glossed over how cost inhibitive those contests are and how probably only 1% of cosplayers participate in them). It was all stuff I knew, but yeah. Killing time.
(Also she seems to not realize hall contests exist, because she was talking about the stage component of "craftsmanship only" contests and I was just like "??? there is none?" but then I realized she meant a different type of contest entirely).
>>
>>9043195
>(she's really up on trying to get people to enter big name international contests and spent a lot of time talking about them, and while I get that international cosplay cooperation is kind of her pet project, she glossed over how cost inhibitive those contests are and how probably only 1% of cosplayers participate in them).
She's in texas, so it's not like texans can't easily travel to mexico.
but also, world cosplay summit flies people to japan. It doesn't actually cost a lot, as you shouldn't be spending more than a few hundred on your costumes to get though the prelims.

i dunno. Cosplay is an expensive hobby. Especially if you want to compete. You should probably have a decent job.
>>
File: walk ons.jpg (101KB, 949x411px) Image search: [Google]
walk ons.jpg
101KB, 949x411px
>>9043195
Speaking of cosplay drama, those Sailor Moon girls won Best in Show with a walk-on, correct?
>>
>>9043210
Oh right only 5 people is the limit. How did the cosplay staff let that slide? This is important cause I remember the other year I wanted to do a full eight man ninja turtle cosplay walk on but was told I couldnt cause of the five man limit.
>>
>>9043208
WCS may play the winner to Japan but getting to the Prelims to compete is also an expensive task, considering that they usually aren't within driving distance to most competitors.
>>
>>9043215
>considering that they usually aren't within driving distance to most competitors.
.... what?
what do you consider "driving distance"
>>
>>9043212
I think they technically were a skit
I seem to remember special audio, and that's only for skits too.
>>
>>9043222
But they were the last of the master division. The skit session didnt start till after.
>>
File: Toni.jpg (102KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
Toni.jpg
102KB, 1080x1350px
>>9042685
>excuse me, do you want to do a photoshoot?
>>
>>9043226
>>9043222
>>9043212
>>9043210
Lady Lockheed Cosplay on facebook posted a video of them competing and at the end you can hear the announcer announcing the next competitors with "And now entering for the Master's Division Walk-" so it goes to reason that they were part of the walk ons too.
>>
>>9043226
yeah, but I think they entered as a skit and basically got bumped into walk ons due to the nature of it.
Conventions do shit like that all the time. If a walk on is too elaborate, they bump you into the skits.

Oh, also, the people who run sign ups aren't the people who hand out awards. The judges often don't get a full set of entry requirements.
>>
LuxeDolls sandbag 3 major cons with sketchy amount of commissioned/borrowed work with the same fucking cosplays (adding/removing members), and people are still defending them or making excuses.
>>
>>9043182
>got towed because they thought they could get away with parking in a bank

That $180 towing fee plus the uber ride still make be buttflustered.
>>
>>9043261
I think they are abusing the fact that some cosplay shows are more about being showey than about the honesty of cosplay skill. They're also abusing the amount of people being allowed on stage. Makes individual cosplayers look weak.
>>
>>9043261
What do they cosplay? I've never heard of them before.
>>
>>9043234
How'd you get my picture?
>>
File: hahah.jpg (98KB, 913x765px) Image search: [Google]
hahah.jpg
98KB, 913x765px
>>9043267
>>
File: 1420667826731.jpg (49KB, 604x431px) Image search: [Google]
1420667826731.jpg
49KB, 604x431px
>>9043271
you wish
>>
>>9043272
I know this isn't them, FYI. I just think it's funny that they didn't research this name before they chose it or else they were okay with using the same name as those girls. Both are hilarious.
>>
>>9043272
Is...is this cosplay?
>>
>>9042718
The song sounds like "Ooh Ahh" by Twice
>>
>>9043272
Someone link this on the facebook page. I want the connotation to be born.
>>
What cosplay will get all the bitches thirsty for my dick?
I already have the "don't be unattractive" part down. Now to add layers.
>>
>>9043272
fb/LuxeDollsTX
>>9043267
They're the Sailor scouts that are the subject of these threads right now...
>>
>>9043261
Ok woah, I forgot about that point.
Now that you mention it, yeah, that's scummy.
I forgot they placed at Akon and Afest last year.

Looks like the Texas scene has a new scumbag rapidash on our hands.
>>
>>9043273
Why you jealous tho?
>>
Enough wank. Post pics of your own costumes.
>>
>taking the cosplay contests seriously

Everyone knows the contests are a joke. That's why all the serious cosplayers never enter them and rather walk around and socialize with the rest of the convention.
>>
>>9043282
Anything with good well-fitted armour.
>>
>>9043284
Oh man it gets better. So, I discussed this with friends after last AKON about it being a sketchy group, their FB page had a year or two worth of posts there. Then AFest happened, they won again, and signal boosted to others. Now there is nothing about their Sailor entries or anything from previous cons or anything on their page from before AKON26 last year.
>>
>>9043296
I fucking called they were going to give them the best in show award sadly I was right
>>
>Staged 'craft sessions' on their FB page
>>
Sailor Moon fag here,
I'm not an Akon goer but I caught this on the front page.
We learned in the recent Sailor Moon threads that the Luxedolls have several members who outed themselves as lurkers here so be prepared for a whole hell of a lot of white knighting when they wake up tomorrow.
They took over the last couple threads pretending to be anon defending themselves and calling the people who called them out stalkers/vendetta-chans for calling /cgl/'s attention to their shitty behavior. There was no point in arguing afterwards because the threads were so inactive by then that there were more of them than there were regular posters.
Maybe this thread won't have that problem, it seems to be thriving.
>>
>>9043296
Sounds like theyre trying to limit how much people can keep tabs on them.
>>
>>9043303
Wow, well thanks for the heads up at least.

All the drama-chans should be happy come tomorrow I guess.
>>
>>9043296
Holy shit, the sketch just gets deeper and deeper.

I'd love to compare notes but at the same time I feel like every post discussing them just feeds into their fame.They are plainly extremely efame thirsty so I'm thinking that they would relish in it.
>>
>>9043295
Any leads as to what? I'd want to watch/play whatever it is to get familiar before actually cosplaying it.
>>
>>9042545
The guy who hosted the anti bully panel was from here? Well shit
>>
File: 1407828693270.jpg (42KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1407828693270.jpg
42KB, 400x386px
>saw cute girl, purple highlights, had white paw gloves with lights on it
>we made multiple glances to each other
>too shy to ask her for her number
>she leaves, never see her again
>every time I close my eyes I can see her face on the day I met her
>didn't even have a chance to talk to her
>>
File: 1464654020518.png (2MB, 1200x1855px) Image search: [Google]
1464654020518.png
2MB, 1200x1855px
>tfw got the D.Va image I fapped to as a poster

life is good
>>
>>9043451
that image did it for you?
>>
>>9043457
yeah dude them thighs are THICCCC
>>
>>9043208
>It doesn't actually cost a lot

Have you competed? WCS is not cheap. You have to fund the costumes, the stage props, the travel to the US competition (which is in Atlantic city this year. Go look up how much it costs to get there flying in) and your hotel room likely for 4 nights because they start pre-judging early Friday and the contest is on Sunday.

And let's say you win. Your Japan flight and hotel are covered but you have to pay to get all of your props and 6 costumes to Japan. Not to mention making 4-5 additional costumes to your competition piece if you and your partner don't already have matching cosplays appropriate to wear on the face of the sun.

If you think you are getting out of WCS only spending a couple hundred dollars you are an idiot.
>>
>>9043296
Their afest win was under a full skit with music and mini props. I can't stand any of them but it doesn't count as a win towards craftsmanship. None of the skits were judged for crafting at afest.
Just wanted to clarify that.
>>
>browse through hundreds of photos
>can't find the qt princess bubblegum i met on saturday
life is suffering
>>
>>9043280

That's the one! Thanks! It was really catchy.

Now to start experimenting in K-Pop and learning to dance to make the ladies swoon.
>>
>>9043409
To clarify I didn't run anything anti bully I ran an anti creeper panel. Anyone thinking I did something against cyber bullying is way off base
>>
>>9042545
Also today is the first time I've posted on here in months glad to see my number 1 fan is still lurking for me to appear
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 723x653px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 723x653px
Coming to AKon really made me appreciate how AM actually gets good guests with skill and taste instead of LITERAL WHOS who can't judge according to the damn rules they set up. And I didn't even compete this time, holy fuck. Put up with all that body odor in the crowd for nothing.
>>
>>9043782
>anti creeper panel
That's even worse.
>>
Every fucking year.
>>
>>9043821

Most of the judges weren't literal who's unless you live under a rock.
>>
How shitty were the lolita panels? I only went to the one Mossbadger did because the others looked awful. Was I right or was I right?
"How to be kawaii and not broke" are you shittin me
>>
>>9043875
The only one's who weren't literal who's were vampy and elffi, and maybe Malindachan depending on if you follow Arda.
The others? Lmao, yea literal who's
Hell, one of them has barely over 100 page likes.
>>
>>9043892
Well, they were Lolita panels so...
>>
>>9043821
>>9043875
And it's up to the director to make sure people are cut for not following rules, not the judges. At least it shouldn't be up to the judges. The director is assumed to have written the rules, they should give the judges a list of disqualified people.

If Elin is still running the show I'm not at all surprised.
>>
>>9043918
Do the judges also point out things that should be disqualified or no?
>>
>>9043920
They can, especially people who are lying about craftsmanship, but things like going over time or number of people on stage should be the director. You can't expect judges who are supposed to be watching performance to time walk-ons or count people on stage.
>>
>>9043924
Oh, also sandbagging. Director should definitely be the one disqualifying for that. How is an out if state/country judge supposed to know who has won at other local TX events?
>>
>>9043875
Only one I had even HEARD of before was Vampy, but I got to meet Elffi and he was pretty cool. But the others were literal whos.
>>
A-Kon is apparently one of the few cons where you can sandbag into Masters walk-on while violating the group size limit, then win Best in Show with purchased costumes, commissioned props and Etsy-bought accessories.
>>
>>9043892
Are you salty you didn't host any? Most of them weren't terrible.
>>
>>9043311

I hear that the girl that will replace each scout in the next contest has to follow the current scout around with a fan and water bottles to make sure each girl is sufficently hydrated so that she can remain beautiful and comfortable. It's part of their training to be a scout. Otherwise, they pay people to act like their fans because clearly Texas conventions are where you go to become cosplay famous and these girls are super into the social climbing thing and are angling to produce a new Broadway play featuring their scouts.

Which is why they commissioned some big name Broadway pattern draper to make their Fuku pattern and paid neighborhood children (aka they made a sweatshop) to see them instead of doing it theirselves.
>>
>>9043993
Oh hi Jesse :)
>>
>>9043998

<3

I have needs
>>
File: 4914877-7207697319-sauro.jpg (184KB, 1024x1444px) Image search: [Google]
4914877-7207697319-sauro.jpg
184KB, 1024x1444px
>be huge Tolkien-fag
>see a female Sauron and Maglor
>talk to them for a few minutes
>friends need me to go back to the hotel we'rre staying at
>have to leave and never see them again

What a shame, enjoyed talking to them
>>
>>9043964
Except they didn't purchase their costumes. Have you seen store bought fukus?
>>
>>9043993
>>9043998
>>9044003
ok wtf you guys
>>
>>9044008

They definetly bought them from a Fuku store in Switzerland.
>>
>>9044014

The Swiss are known for their high quality watches and Sailor Fukus. True facts.
>>
>>9044008
Because to be purchased outfits they have to be store-bought, right?
>>
>>9043993
You're obviously one of their lurkers, but the way this goes down is the Moon boots everyone and gets a new group of girls together to wear the same outfits next con.
>>
Pics pls. If no one truly cares about the luxe dolls then act like it.
>>
>>9044074

Asside from them posting like crazy on Facebook, I'm not familiar with them or their drama. But some of the posts here seem pretty far-fetched
>>
I guess anon was right, this thread reeks of sailor white knights now. I don't know which was worse, this or the butt touch /pol/tard.
>>
Please post pics so I can find my Princess Bubblegum crush from Arkansas.
>>
File: tumblr_m2h1pcIxHG1qgsw0ro4_500.gif (483KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m2h1pcIxHG1qgsw0ro4_500.gif
483KB, 500x269px
>took some mirror shots of my new cosplay in hotel room
>get home, realize they all look like shit
>aggressively searches though thousands of photos on the facebook page
>fucking nothing
suffering
>>
>>9044233
What were you dressed as?
>>
>>9044008
You realize 90% of their props and accessories were commissioned or storebought right? They're using the Bandai Proplicas for a lot of the members.

and then there's the other elephant in the contest room, Viverra cosplay entering her Fallout suit despite already winning with it at other cons.
>>
>>9044273
>Viverra cosplay entering her Fallout suit despite already winning with it at other cons.
Were the cons she won at it with smaller? If they have smaller attendance numbers then its technically not sandbagging.
>>
>>9044276
The only other contest she's won with it was a small Comicpalooza cosplay contest for weekend passes, I thought.
>>
>>9044233
yep i'm in the same boat....I'll probably be looking at facebook, tumblr, flickr, etc multiple times a day for the next month
>>
>>9044233
>do a genderbend and tweak the design to be more boyish/masculine and less sexy
>expect no pictures
>Yaya asks me for a picture on her phone, posts it to her IG, Twitter, and Facebook

I'm all set!
>>
>>9044284
I have no problems with people winning smaller cons with a cosplay and then taking it to a bigger one to "put it to the test". Now if she had won at Dragoncon or some shit then yeah, that's sandbagging and she should be called out on it.
>>
>>9043892

I didn't go to a lot, but the substyles one was really bad.

>"gothic is closer to the original victorian/Edwardian aesthetic than classic is" wut
>"you can get all the shoes you need for classic at Payless" wow what a great thing to tell new lolitas
>panelists going back and forth not knowing who is presenting what subjects
>"What kind of bags do you wear in classic? Oh um, like... the regular kind. I don't know what it's called."
>"lol sorry we're tired we're like really ready to get out of here" um okay nobody is forcing you to do this
>>
>>9044244
The Plain Doll from Bloodborne. I got my photo taken a fair amount of time, which kind of surprised me since she's gaming and not anime.
>>
>>9044273
>and then there's the other elephant in the contest room, Viverra cosplay entering her Fallout suit despite already winning with it at other cons.

The fuck are you trying to start drama for? She won a small contest for passes to Comicpalooza and that's it.
>>
>>9044284
That was some internet photo contest. It had nothing to do with craftsmanship and usually sandbagging rules are specifically about major awards and craft based awards.
>>
>>9044388
probably entered it into the hall contest just so she could enter it in other cons. people probably don't count hall contests.
>>
>>9044371
She entered it at some Japanese Festival won for craftsmanship. Friend that went to PAX this year said she entered it there and won too.
>>
>>9044448
The Japanese Festival barely counts. I don't even recall PAX having a cosplay contest, let alone her competing in it if there was one.
>>
>>9044368
Never heard of her.
>>
>>9044366
Stay salty, K
>>
>>9044366
>"gothic is closer to the original victorian/Edwardian aesthetic than classic is" wut
...except it is? A lot of the very Gothic styles have the longer, less fluffed shapes than classic. It is closer.
>"you can get all the shoes you need for classic at Payless" wow what a great thing to tell new lolitas
Not sure what the problem is with this either honestly.
>panelists going back and forth not knowing who is presenting what subjects
Nitpick desu.
>"What kind of bags do you wear in classic? Oh um, like... the regular kind. I don't know what it's called."
Okay this one is a definite issue.
>"lol sorry we're tired we're like really ready to get out of here" um okay nobody is forcing you to do this
They were hosting everything else, give them a break. If I was hosting as much programming as they were I'd probably be tired too. Anon, you just sound like you're just mad at the panelists instead of disliking the panel. If you hated it so much use the panel feedback with actual critiques. Stop sounding like a salty crybaby who wasn't invited to the birthday party.
>>
>>9044548
I'm not mad at the panelists, I don't know the panelists, and I've already submitted my feedback.

Stop assuming that anyone that has a legitimate critique about your besties is just being salty. This is cgl. This is where we come to bitch privately.
>>
>>9044448
I'm not sure what your friend is on about, PAX South doesn't have a cosplay contest.
>>
>>9044558
If half your 'critiques' weren't so salt-driven then I wouldn't assume you're a salty bitch.
>>
>>9044588
For all the white knighting you're doing I sure hope you get your bean flicked, sister
>>
Can we all get back on why we're all here in this thread, please?
This >>9044105
>>
>>9044594
>>9044594

Just for clarification, which lolita panel didn't you like?
>>
>>9044368
There were a lot of people that went for video games, the SFV and MKX tourney was packed along with the games near it
>>
>>9044603
Lolita Substyles, on Sunday.
>>
So is there proof that those girls actually cheated in the coscontest?
>>
>>9044611
Is that that only lolita panel you attended? I only attended a few but they were hit or miss from my experience.
>>
>>9044273
The only Proplica is the moon rod tho. The weapons were commissioned but poorly executed if you saw them up close. Why do you have so much beef with them? Did they refuse to send you nudes or something? Move on and find new waifus. Who cares about the cosplay contest.
>>
>>9044631
No. Not sure why everyone is automatically jumping to that conclusion but it happens to every BiS winner. A-kon's contest isn't worth shit.
>>
>>9044313
Drogo?
>>
>>9044631
I don't know about cheating but they did have more members than the rules allowed for their entry so they should not have been allowed to place/compete.
It's also scummy to compete repeatedly in contests with the same costumes, even if they remade them and added members.
As for if they lied to the judges, no one knows but I don't think so.
I do think that they got their props commissioned and that the uniforms were mostly made by 1-2 members of the 9 person group, one of which has a business doing commissions for those exact costumes.
It's seem to me that that chick roped together a local group of pretty but unskilled cosplayers to wear her uniforms and gain her brand more prestige.

None of those girls are skilled at sewing, except maybe Mars, Jupiter and Pluto (Pluto being the one who makes the uniforms).
Looking at the other girl's work its commissioned costumes, closet cosplays and otherwise low quality & easy costumes.
Recruiting people who can't sew well on their own makes it more difficult for them to copy her techniques later and do their own thing or for them to disagree, construction wise.
So much easier to be in charge when you are the only one who is competent.
>>
>>9044705
Talk to con staff about the numbers thing. They were telling people during prejudging and backstage of the show that they had been given the okay and were even nervous about being disqualified for having too many people on stage. Also apparently they entered the novice category and were unknowingly bumped to masters. They gave all credit to the Pluto so I wouldn't be surprised if she just claimed the prizes without contest from the others.
>>
File: IMGP6414[1].jpg (459KB, 1416x940px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP6414[1].jpg
459KB, 1416x940px
dead thread
dead con
dead megucas
>>
Why did no one post pics. We usually always have a pretty good pic dump.
>>
File: IMGP6297[1].jpg (739KB, 2144x1424px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP6297[1].jpg
739KB, 2144x1424px
>>9044762
I'm going through pictures my brother took and they all came out almost comically out of focus.
>>
>>9044716
Is A-kon just dumb enough to bump BIS to masters automatically? I mean I can see bumping up one class if they are good enough, but why would you bump them up 2 classes? I guess they're all screwed winging BIS at the biggest con in the state, now any of them trying to compete outside the group have to do so in the Masters category.
>>
>>9043445
>glance at girl
>she glance back
>fall in love with her
>>
so will the photoshoots at a-kon now have to be inside or somewhere else?
>>
>>9044777
But if one member was the one who did the costumes then it makes sense to bump them up. A-kon only has two divisions anyway right?
>>
>go to video game room
>they're letting casual players get on the stage and play on the big screen for SFV
>my friend goes against a competitive player
>loses really hard
>i go against him
>win both matches
>crowd cheered for me
>lose against next opponent
>we both stand up and shake hands
>crowd cheers

felt breddy cool
>>
>>9044787
I don't think all of the courtyard got converted into the waterpark, they just had the whole area closed thanks to the construction.
>>
>>9044759
still hoping for more pics to be posted on the photoshoots facebook
>>
>>9044791
Why does it make sense? She made one costume 9 times. Repetition of the same skill set shouldn't automatically bump you a class.

They had 3 classes this year. Novice, intermediate and masters. That's why it's weird to bump them from novice to masters, they skipped an entire class.
>>
>>9044795
>>9044787
>The project also will include two new lawn areas, each with the capacity to hold up to 200 people. The hotel hopes to increase the number of outdoor functions during the summer months.
>>
Any pics of 2hu or from the 2hu meetup?
>>
>>9044786

Without talking to her? Intelligence is sexy mate. Have to talk to her to find out.
>>
>>9044772
I am disappointed that none of these Yangs have an automail arm.
>>
Anyone have pics of the wrestling meetup on saturday? I saw a good amount of people watching from behind the glass
>>
>>9043007
The hat is too small.
>>
>>9044802
Yep, this is what pisses me off. She's orchestrating these groups to purposely sweep awards on something that's just pandering to the mass SM fandom, but nothing she's doing is truly innovative in cosplay. It doesn't matter how many different versions she enters, or who she adds or removes to the group. We get it, you make a decent scout fuku, and know exactly who to commission props from or where to buy Bandai Proplicas. Good SM cosplayers are a dime a dozen now due to the fact that there's so many thorough tutorials, patterns, etc. Cosplay competitions are going to get stale and people are going to be deterred from entering if this is the shit that keeps getting exploited to win.
>>
>>9044859
If enough Texas cons figure it out the judges will stop placing them. The judges need to be made aware though.
>>
File: 2hu group1.jpg (1MB, 2391x1345px) Image search: [Google]
2hu group1.jpg
1MB, 2391x1345px
>>9044836
I'll post my favorite that I have. They were good people.
>>
Hey all.

Friend of mine went to Akon and was wondering if anyone got pics of her Arslan Atlan cosplay that weekend.
>>
>>9044891
Might be better off checking the facebook group? Not many people here seem to have taken pics.
>>
>>9044368
I spotted you and wanted a picture because your cosplay was great but I lost you and never found you after that. Anyway great cosplay. There was only two other BB cosplays I saw.
>>
File: IMG_0938~2.jpg (3MB, 4194x2796px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0938~2.jpg
3MB, 4194x2796px
Did anyone go to the SAO photoshoot?
>>
>>9044806
So the Anatole is going to be part waterpark now?
>>
>>9044368
I regret not getting a picture of you when we passed by on our way to the dealer's

I REALLY need to shake off this "eh, I'll find em again later" cause I missed out on so many wonderful cosplays I could of gotten a picture with..
>>
>>9043034
There is no one size fits all answer. Everyone has their own preferences. Some welcome flirtation, others don't.
>>
>>9043252
Unless A-kon does what Katsucon does and mixes the walk-ons and skits together.
>>
>>9044863
Made aware of what? I don't understand why you all have such a huge stick up your ass over them winning. There's nothing to be made aware of. Just ignore them and move on. It really isn't that important. They'll have their 15 minutes and be done.
>>
How was the neko neko maid cafe? I saw on yikyak that it was kinda shitty
>>
>>9045457
I want to know this too.
Thought about going to see what it was but saw a fat man in a motorized scooter go in and thought "I'm better than that".
>>
File: yayahan2.png (661KB, 474x556px) Image search: [Google]
yayahan2.png
661KB, 474x556px
Did anyone see that kid dressed as Yaya Han? She posted him on her Instagram.
>>
>>9045475
Oh my god that's hilarious
>>
>>9044802

They were intermediate though. Then bumped to masters. They didn't get bumped two divisions.
>>
>>9045197
This. Seriously. All they won was a sewing machine and a plastic trophy. Big whoop.
>>
>>9043287
Sounds like the kind of salt from someone who entered contests and never won. :^)
>>
>>9045197
Aware of sandbagging. Unless a judge is local they wouldn't know. It's also not a big deal for cosplay directors to discreetly disqualify them if they keep entering the same sailor Moon costumes in different contests.

>>9045529
Someone said they entered as novice up thread.
>>
Can we stop talking about the Luxe Dolls now? They had their 15 minutes. If they try to enter again with fukus then we know what is up. The judges made their choice and there isn't shit anyone can do about it. They are done. We can wait and see if they make anything else in the future but I doubt they will or if they do it will be uninteresting.
>>
>>9045807
Yeah if they really can't sew and all that one chick can make is fukus then they are shit outa luck. Like anon said, it's over and done with. Accept it, they won, get over it.
>>
>>9045807
>>9045810
I'm kind of waiting to see if they do do anything next year worth a damn
>>
>>9045457
It was $30 this year

No way we were going there.
>>
>>9045457
I went to their Academy Show (which was $20) and had fun. I would go again
>>
File: Nguyen Le doll.jpg (130KB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Nguyen Le doll.jpg
130KB, 853x1280px
>>9044368
Is this you, anon?
I found it in a random album shared with the facebook group.
>>
>caring about cosplay contests
It's not like anyone remembers you anyway. Stop crying because you didn't get your 15 minutes of fame.
>>
>>9044524

Different anon than above, but I went and it was super unorganized and some of the info was inaccurate. Would it have killed the panelists to figure out who was talking about which thing? Basic organization if you're doing a group panel. I get that it's Sunday and they were tired, but some of them were J-fashion staff so they probably could have gotten a better time slot so they'd be less tired. Even so, I'd never tell the audience I wanted to go home. They came to your panel, don't be a dick.

This isn't the first panel this same group has run and looked unorganized at, too.

>>9044548

How is it a nitpick if the panelists aren't organized enough to know who is saying what? They could have simply assigned slides ahead of time. Not that hard. And again, I get that they might be tired, but don't tell your audience you want to leave. They showed up to your panel. Be respectful. I ran a shitton of panels, too, but at no point did I say I'd rather be elsewhere. If you signed up for that many panels, it's your own fault if you're tired.
>>
>>9046040
Yup, that's me! I actually just found that earlier today! Thanks though anon!
>>
so other than the meh substyles panel and the meh 201, how where the other lolita panels?

101? I heard the ones run by the guests were good! Sad I missed those. Iron lolita?
>>
>>9046085
how did you cover up your eyebrows?
>>
>>9046040
Did you darken your eyes too? That's pretty fuckin legit
>>
>>9046596
I used white mascara from Bloody Mary. My eyebrows are almost black but it covered!

>>9046601
Yeah, I used the two darkest shades from Naked2 Basics and a little red eye shadow along the top of my lash line. I also already have super hooded eyes so that helps too.
>>
Hate the Anatole? Hate parking around there? You're going to have to fucking deal with it. A-Kon is signed on to be there until 2019. This is not a rumor as the people who run it told me this. Plan for it.

The next three years are going to be like the last three years at the Sheraton when too many people were in a space that was too small to hold A-Kon. Everyone was miserable. Next year the weebs can shit up the lazy rivers. I bet you a dollar that after next year they ban A-Kon attendees after it gets destoryed. They had to get rid of the koi pond because fucktards were catching the fish with their hands.
>>
>>9047527
>They had to get rid of the koi pond because fucktards were catching the fish with their hands.

No fucking way...
>>
>>9047527
>koi pond
You've gotta be shitting me
>>
>>9047530
>>9047544
Not that anon but I know the first year at the Anatole someone did actually kill one of the fish by throwing a rock at it. People are douchebags.
>>
>>9047546
In addition to what seems like the yearly fire alarm prank, I can't wait to see what the next two years have in store. I'm waiting for something to top the Berlin Wall incident or the elephant incident, because someone dicking a koi just doesn't cut it these days.
>>
>>9047922
Berlin wall incident?
>>
>>9047922
>>9048162
Ok ill bite, what happened with the elephant and the Berlin Wall piece?
>>
>>9045715
holy shit seriously? its just I happened to see a lot better cosplays outside the contest than in, which probably shows that many people know cosplay contests are normally rigged and not honest.
>>
>>9048183
Anon, that's probably one of the dolls. A lot of really skilled cosplayers don't bother with akons contest because for years they just wouldn't get qualified judges. The panel was always the director and random old rennies or steam punks. People like to save their big guns for more well run shows. Hell, they've only had divisions for like 2-3 years. This was the first year they even bothered with masters division. As long as Elin is running it it will probably be shitty.
>>
>>9048173

All I know is there was a rumor that someone fucked a Koi Fish last year, and there are still pictures of a guy with his dick in a fish circulation A-kons tags..
As far as the elephant, I think some 14 year old piece of homestuck garbage back when they first move to the anatole fucked the tusk and smeared grey paint literally everywhere.
And as for the Berlin wall, I dont know exactly what happened, So I'll leave this to whoever does know!
>>
>>9048221
If someone could post a picture of the dicked fish that'd be great
>>
>>9048221
>>9048173
>>9048162
Not sure if this is what people are referring to, but the first year the con was at an Anatole, the Berlin Wall was just...not being watched. It was completely unprotected. So you could squeeze through the glass pane, take some photos with it. Touch it. Draw on it. All of which occurred over the span of the weekend. It wasn't one big thing, but more like a lot of small incidents.

>I know because I am guilty as fuck and I have a few selfies of me and the wall.
>>
>>9048220

This was the first year for the intermediate. They had an open and masters in previous years.

I noticed they tried to advertise their judges this year which was nice, but they have had good judges before. I don't think they had steampunk or renfaire people for a long time. Pretty sure you're thinking of Afest steampunk and renfaire people as that was the norm for a really long time. I think they just use those people for their hall contest.
>>
>>9048183
Dude it's not cosplay contests in general, it's A-Kon. A lot of those really good cosplayers you see at A-Kon do compete, just either at one of the actually legit contests (like San Japan or Anime Matsuri), or they go out of state. Like others are saying, despite A-Kon being the largest and oldest anime con in the state, it's contest is widely regarded as a bit of a joke by people who actually compete. But since A-Kon is so large, it's worth it from a exposure and attention-whoring (and I mean that not as a judgement) perspective to still bring your huge competition piece costumes and just not compete, because you'll get tons of photos and the con is big enough that you can find an open area to park yourself in if te costume is too big or immobile.
>>
>>9048384
The Berlin wall? Where is that?
>>
>>9048558
near the wedgwood ballroom opposite the hall going to the dealers room. If you noticed those giant concrete things with graffiti on them, that's the wall.
>>
>>9048520

I guess I don't talk to all the "legit" cosplayers enough. Most of the ones I talk to always say it's a bad time to have a huge piece ready being right when school ends.

I get people have preference, but they had good judges this year and people are still salty. And AM and SJ get the same treatment of how terrible it is or how so and so shouldn't have won. Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>9048760
Oooh shit, is that really part of the Berlin wall? I thought it was just weird edgy art
>>
>>9048790
>when school lets out is a bad time
So what you're saying is everyone you've talked to about cosplay is under 21. In my experience, people who take the contests more seriously are more likely to be older, out of school, meaning they have more time and disposable income for cosplay.

I'm not speaking to the drama component here, btw. I fully agree with you, there is bitching after every contest about it being "unfair" and the judges being biased and whatever. I wasn't talking about any of that, just the idea that seeing more impressive costumes outside the contest that in is a sign that "real" cosplayers don't care about cosplay contests, as opposed to that being a fairly A-Kon specific phenomenon (at least from where I'm looking).
>>
Did anyone see the Tomoko walking around? Wish I got a picture but missed my chance
>>
File: 1318100408157.png (78KB, 295x311px) Image search: [Google]
1318100408157.png
78KB, 295x311px
>>9048829
GG kid
>>
>>9048810

Actually there are a large number in college finishing up a degree or doing grad school.

For those in undergrad, A-Kon hits a few weeks after finals usually. Not exactly the best time if they take their education seriously
>>
>>9048963
I mean, I did graduate last year, I'm just saying. A lot of the people I know from competion are in their mid-20s, 24-27. Not everyone is in school.
>>
File: A-kon-27-Cosplay-Contest-34.jpg (408KB, 1200x1298px) Image search: [Google]
A-kon-27-Cosplay-Contest-34.jpg
408KB, 1200x1298px
Man, I thought this looked bad from far away... but... god fucking damn...

How did this win an award again?
>>
>>9049431

The only reason you're saying that is because of her weight. Don't try to pretend it's because of the actual cosplay.

All of us were judged on craftsmanship too. It was my first year competing, but aside from maybe the SM group had no problems with who got awards.
>>
>>9049431
that's some pretty god damn good craftsmanship
>>
>>9049431
wtf is wrong with her stomach and face.
>>
>>9049461
>>9049465
The armor looks fine, but there are other problems
>no ears
>trashbag pants
>bracers not laced?
>cords holding the paundrons together are all over the place

Covering their tatts/bodypaint is alright. It just looks as if they squeezed into someone else's costume because it's so ill fitting. Having done armor cosplays in the past, I think they worked on the armor for a long time (and outgrew it), but rushed everything else. When looking at craftsmanship, I like to look at all the components. She's missing too many things and it looks unfinished. The arrows are kinda laughable. Kind of screams they were working on a prop but bit off more than they could chew.
>>
File: 1463609796631.gif (71KB, 656x575px) Image search: [Google]
1463609796631.gif
71KB, 656x575px
>>9048877
Damn guess no one did, there's always expo at least
>>
>>9049431
What did this win?...and what/who were the other contest winners?
>>
>>9049481

It doesn't seem ill-fitting except the pants maybe.
Thread posts: 263
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.