[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how do you eat at cons? Food Court? Grocery Store rations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Hanayo Onigiri.png (261KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
Hanayo Onigiri.png
261KB, 750x750px
So how do you eat at cons? Food Court? Grocery Store rations? Live Large and go to a nice restaurant for that touristy feeling?
>>
>>9035703
My appetite always completely vanishes at cons, I hav no idea what that's about.
>>
>>9035705
Mine too, although I force myself to eat at least once a day so I don't faint.
This happens to a lot of people and I'm not entirely sure why.

As for OP, it depends on the area. Raiding a fast food area nearby, and sandwich rations if nothing is near.
>>
>>9035713
>>9035705

Too much to do, personally I like living large at an out of town con and hit the fun restaurants like Blue C for Sushi. It also helps break the monotony of the con a bit when there isn't much to do.
>>
>>9035703
Restaurant, rations, or just not eat at all.
Fuck convention food courts though. Overpriced to hell and back.
>>
Bring food from home. Cheap, convenient, never get food poisoning/sick. If there's a nice restaurant at or near the con, we might go out for one or 2 meals but we usually end up wanting to eat or drink stuff late at night or very early in the morning so a water heater and stash of food in the room is the way to go.
>>
>>9035703
Generally I'm in an area that closes most it's places to eat until after I'm out of the con. I'm just busy during the day between panels, shoots, and meeting friends I haven't seen in a while.

I try to pack a bag of chips or crackers because the only food I eat asides that at night (once I'm free) is usually alcohol. Unless there's fastfood nearby, I don't think I really want to eat much until after the con where the drive or flight back really starts my hunger if I'm not super tired. I think most times I've eaten the biggest worst meals of my life at like diner stops on the way home or at some Wendy's off the highway after a con.
>>
>>9035703
i love making packed lunches. usually if i go to cons with friends i make everyone a large pack each. if the con is sunny we can have a picnic.
plus, if you bring your own snacks, you save money and can gorge in the hotel room
>>
>>9035703
I tend to bring a few snacks and then go out for lunch shit from a grocery store, dinners are usually restaurant/fast food (not bought at the con)/eat at someone's
>>
>>9035703
I like to bring a water bottle with me, maybe grab one snack from vendors at the con (those swirly potato sticks are the bomb), and usually I'll grab dinner with friends afterwards at a restaurant!
>>
>>9035703

Depends on queues desu. MCM I try to get to the food hall and go for whatever's looking quietest.

Friday i had tonnes of the japanese stall stuff. Saturday I just stuffed doriyaki into my noise void till I couldn't walk. Sunday Noodle place in food hall.

Really depends how i'm feeling etc.
>>
I've never been to a con where I was not working so stashing an ice chest under the table in the staff room/con ops works. We usually go out to eat for the afterparty so that's fun. Otherwise, busy doing stuff so no time to stand in lines or go find food.
>>
Fill up on free breakfast at the hotel then have a large dinner at the end of the convention.
>>
I'm taking time off to go to conventions so they're like mini vacations for me. I make sure I eat well.

I might bring a few snacks for lunch but I'll go to a nice restaurant each night for dinner.
>>
Last con I went to, I would carry a couple of PB&J sandwiches around with me each day, and when I got hungry I'd go outside, find a nice quiet place, and just chill and eat for half an hour. Saves time and money.
>>
I usually pack a few boxed lunches. Lets me do a bunch of little things like having a sandwich and salad, or bring pasta in tupperware.

Depending on how many days i'm staying and who i'm with, we sometimes find a grocery or box store after we arrive and buy a few days worth of food and snacks (and alcohol) and split it so the cold stuff fits in the hotel room fridges.

Seems like a lot of extra work, but i find it cheaper and healthier in the long run
>>
I usually try to bring a cooler if driving, so i can bring some fruit, yogurt, and lunchmeat.

If there's a convenience store near the hotel we just buy some snacks there.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.