[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sausomecon 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

File: 1459630896044.png (307KB, 835x307px) Image search: [Google]
1459630896044.png
307KB, 835x307px
Sausomecon is happening next week. Let's see if we can force the thread to survive long enough
>>
I wish Motaku was still a thing
>>
last year was pretty good for what it was. also, how old is chii sakurabi?
>>
>>9034452
I'm thinking 30s since she's been active so long and because she moved to America for JPOP. It seems like they want idols to be younger and younger
>>
>>9034600
i thought as such. saw her at nebraskon last year and noticed all the caked on makeup. she seems to have some diehard fans though
>>
>>9036187
Is this the weeaboo version of touring state fairs?
>>
ONE
WEEK
H Y P E
>>
File: CkKM4zFWUAAXfzA.jpg (227KB, 1200x892px) Image search: [Google]
CkKM4zFWUAAXfzA.jpg
227KB, 1200x892px
>>9034452
>>
Two separate monster girls panels got accepted womp womp

At least mine is 18+
I'll try and check out the other one if I'm not too busy, see how hers is different.
>>
English dubfag here. Im pretty stoked tiffany grant is making an appearance at sausomecon.
>>
>>9041105
Have you ever thought about doing voice acting?
>>
Man Sauce did a terrible ob of promoting and now they're really trying to make up for their slack this last week. They keep posting in cosplay groups and people are like "who?" "what?"

It's nice to have a local con that's a little more lax about partying than Naka, but damn I miss Motaku.
>>
File: 1464053378255.png (849KB, 1219x717px) Image search: [Google]
1464053378255.png
849KB, 1219x717px
>>9043066
Since Ahn Con is ran by the Motaku people and it fucking flopped, I'm hoping they shift back to Motaku since it would be the easier to book of the two.
I'm really surprised Kansas City somehow has/had a Yaoi con
>>
>>9043139
They're a gay couple, so they're invested in hosting a con that reflects their community. That's the reason there was an Ahn Con 2015 but not a Motaku 2015

They're in so much debt now I wouldn't expect either for next year though.
>>
How is there no schedule?
I've seen Facebook statuses/emails from staff discussing when their panels will be and stuff and yet... No schedule?
>>
>>9044345
It will probably be posted tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully they're better with schedule updates this year, unlike last time when they changed Sunday's schedule without really telling anyone.
>>
>>9044345
http://sausomecon.com/programming/
Yeah, what is this shit?
>>9043612
Oh, Well I guess that explains it. Rip Motaku, I wish I could've experienced it
>>
>>9043139
>>9043612
I can sort of understand wanting to have some sort of gathering for people belonging to a particular social group but the problem with having a con that's soley yaoi is you're marketing it to to a very niche group, even within the anime community.

Anime/comic conventions are successful cause they have a broader audience, more mass appeal. The only reason I could see anyone going to Ahn'Con is to just bullshit or get drunk.
>>
>>9044345
schedule just got posted on the website
>>
>>9033547

Anyone have word on the official story with what happened to Motaku? Someone stupid get elected or something?
>>
>>9046237
Motaku 2014 put the hosts in debt, idk why. They had a crowdfunding campaign to get out and failed.
>>
>>9047096
Wasn't it comparable to Naka-Kon success?
>>
>>9042225
i aint that gay anon.
>>
File: CkJ-9-oVEAII71T.jpg (37KB, 583x561px) Image search: [Google]
CkJ-9-oVEAII71T.jpg
37KB, 583x561px
>>9047116
I want to try it but I don't know anyone that does anything, let alone know any weebs in Lawrence
>>
>>9047191
m8 are you kidding? LFK is full of weebs, we even have our own town lolita comm
>>
>>9047096
I dunno about the debt thing, but I last heard the two guys were getting married and wanted to take a break, but that was from their mouths so it could have been said just to make the decision seem within their control.
I've been having an awful week, maybe I'll check out the con after work or something just to get drunk and have fun for once.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1465249479665.jpg (12KB, 540x288px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1465249479665.jpg
12KB, 540x288px
>>9047341
NIGGA IS YOU SRS???? FUCKING WHAT
>>
>>9047341
Seriously, do you have any more info you can give?
>>
>>9047577
Idk I never went to KU but I always get invites to their anime club's events. The Free State Lolitas branched off from the Kansas City Lolitas a while ago to host some more events in Lawrence, although it's not as active a community.

I've hung out at Boom Comics and stuff to pass out Sausomecon flyers but.. it has a comics fan vibe and I'm not really into comics and superheroes.
>>
>>9047582
Do you know if their anime club stuff is student only? I have an old High school classmate that goes there and I'll see their events occasionally on her page
>>
Anyone going today? I'm buying my weekend pass later on
>>
when the fuck are autograph signings
>>
In the artist alley, forgot my print backdrop fml
>>
How's the turn out so far?
Is the weekend pass worth it?
>>
>>9048422
atmosphere seems pretty chill like last year. not sure i will come back sunday unless i want to take more time shopping.
>>
On my way there
Hoping the badge line doesn't exist
>>
File: Snapchat-8805900594619223730.jpg (873KB, 1440x2392px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-8805900594619223730.jpg
873KB, 1440x2392px
I've been here for like 5 minutes and I'm already bored lmao.
Say hi if you see me/wake me up inside
>>
>>9036187
So thoses fans are either here or this is just a very enthused crowd
>>
I'd be pissed off if I entered a cosplay contest and the commentator heckled or made fun of me.
>>
>>9041030
too short and not 18+ enough
>>
File: sausomeballpit.jpg (397KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sausomeballpit.jpg
397KB, 1500x1000px
i couldnt stop laughing my fucking ass off when i saw this
>>
>>9050190
It's so sad because it's not truly a parody.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1465598937086.jpg (46KB, 960x528px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1465598937086.jpg
46KB, 960x528px
This convention is literally where you go to ease post con depression
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 720x405px
Why does every shitty con have a ball pit now. Why emulate a disaster like dash con in any way?
>>
It's as a joke
>>
Did they ever apologize to the Peach/Bowser cosplayers at the closing ceremonies? I hope so.
>>
The offending party did apologize in person to the offended person
>>
>>9051233
Nope the announcers at the cosplay contest are trash. The slave peach and bowser i know personally and they are pretty fucking pissed
>>
Also how does it feel knowing a store bought darrh revan won the best in show?
>>
Well. I know I'll have a lot to say in my feedback form for Sausomecon this year. I'm surprised they didn't have con feedback as a panel after closing ceremonies like naka
>>
>>9051294
May I ask what exactly happened?
>>
Announcers had been making humorous guess's as to what everyone costumes were at the announcing they had done for other cons.

They slipped up and got a bit sexually inappropriate when commenting on one.
>>
>>9051233
why

>>9051468
fapping joke at the bowser the hutt/slave peach cosplay
>>
>>9051468
After the Peach and Bowser cosplayers went down the catwalk the announcer said something along the lines of "I'm gonna go back to my hotel room and think about them tonight"

They were also generally sarcastic and kinda mean about all the cosplayers.
And would it kill a con to get an mc that can say anime names?!
>>
Will probably use a different announcer for next year. Or even let the contrstants announce there own names.
>>
>>9051473
>>9051475
>>9051476

Oh wow.
>>
>>9051476
isnt that what comedians usually do
>>
>>9052170
comedians are funny tho
>>
I wanna dump and drag all the bad shit about sausomecon but there's no way for me to do it without revealing my identity/involvement.

Safe to say I won't be going next year because of the way they handled things.
>>
Wonder if there will be a convention next year...or if this was the last one.
>>
>>9052807
I'm hoping it's dead
BRING BACK MOTAKU
>>
>>9052739
Which things?
>>
The motaku people were at sausome con. The helped support the con. If motaku ever comes back sausome con will be happy to support them.
>>
>>9053017
>>9053022
It was a fun weekend even though it was a bad con. The sense of camaraderie among the artists was amazing and I got to cosplay and hang out with my friends which anything is a great excuse for, but while I really want Kansas City to have another good anime convention and the city would obviously be able to sustain more than one well run con, it doesn’t seem like Sausomecon is that well run con and I don’t think I’ll be able to support them in the future.
>>
>>9052972
Oh boy a long list of things. Some staff werent checking id or badges for panels or vendor rooms. The cosplay contest announcers were being very rude to the cosplays. Drugs and alcohol being sold at the dance party. Just too many things that i cant list all.
>>
Mike here from Sausomecon.

To answer some questions:

1. We changed our original MC due to concerns that were brought up about sexual harassment.

2. Little Beard will not be MCing for us again in the future. What had happened was far from appropriate for a cosplay event and as soon as I heard about it I took immediate actions.

3. We have feedback forms up and are available on the site and do wish to hear candid feedback.

4. We have had a small ball pit since year one. The one imaged prior in the thread was he latest addition.

5. In order for us to make our event better for all, we need people to tell us what they are wanting to see at our convention, not just complain that it is not as good as another. Information as to guests you would like to see, the type of panels you would want to attend (or host), etc... all help influence us into forging forward.

TL:DR on 5, Talk to us how to make you entertained.

6. We are in high gear for 2017.
>>
7. We will be figuring out a different floor plan for artist alley next year.

Many have suggested that we used the lobby but that is not an option, unless we rent out both sides of the exhibit halls. Another organization could rent out the other side and we would not have access to that area.

Another suggestion was the hallway to the panel rooms/vendors room. This too, is not feasible due to how narrow the hallway is. At most it could hold 5 artists.

8. Anything related to Motaku you should bring it up to them. We paid for their Manga Library company that they have started up to be at Sausomecon and rented some of their lighting.

I do miss hosting panels there, as my primary function at a convention is paneling/photography.

The people that run Motaku also understand that I truly do mean it with my mission statement of wishing for everyone to succeed. If/When Motaku comes back, I will definitely be trying to help with hosting panels. I'll never forget the time in 2013 where I hosted 9 hours worth of paneling when I was only scheduled for 6.

9. There were some areas that need more tweaking and fine tuning. Letting us know concerns or situations while they are happening helps us to stop them from happening in the future.

10. With over 170 scheduled hours worth of programming, of course some of it will not be to your standards. I recommend doing what I did, start hosting panels and become part of the solution. Help make the convention fun for others and ourself with providing the programming you would like to see.

-----

I hope this has answered many questions/have made things come more to light than previously understood.
TL:DR Work with us to help make the kind of entertaining convention you are seeking.
>>
con needed a dating panel
>>
>>9056396
Apply to host it, they accepted literally every panel including doubles on certain subjects.
>>
>>9057208
170+ hours of content.... so many panels...
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.