[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FANIME 2016 THE AFTERMATH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 358
Thread images: 76

File: images.jpg (13KB, 312x162px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 312x162px
It all comes tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down.

Old thread >>9029601
is autosaging.

How'd you do?
Thoughts on this past Fanime (complaints are important too; remember to route them to the right channels)?
Favorite cosplay you saw?
Post photos if you took them (gonna be honest, I didn't take many)

I'm still at the Fairmont.
>>
>>9032022
First for save image limit for pictures from the con.

also, checked.
>>
I'm glad it's over
>>
Alright, I guess. It went by pretty quickly but when I look back, it felt incredibly empty. All I did was make rounds in Dealer's Hall, AA and gaming center. I only went to one panel.
>>
>>9032022
Didn't bother going for the last day. It was quite the ride for my first con
>>
Still on my phone so no nice photo
>>
Gawd, driving back from fanime to la is a fricken nightmare.
>>
Mediocre year especially compared to previous years. Usually I would have post con blues at this time, but I'm more depressed more than anything: depressed on how boring it was. I would be happier if I went to work instead.
>>
>>9032047
Seriously, 7 hours in and more to go
>>
>>9032047
Left at noon and almost home now. Traffic for days
>>
>>9032059
>>9032056
>>9032047
Sounds like me and AX because of 4th of July
>>
>>9032047
>tfw it's hot everywhere in between San Jose and LA
>>
File: 2015-12-04 13.51.21.jpg (93KB, 475x917px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-04 13.51.21.jpg
93KB, 475x917px
>>9031125
Yeah I didn't see any outside of the gathering.
I wanna do like all her outfits haha

>>9031134
I know right. That was the idea but it didn't work out too well since I was having photog issues.

>>9031167
Yeah I need to order a darker, greener, longer wig for her. Damn I missed out on keychains, but I did run into Animeweedlord420 and got one of his Yayoi cards.
I don't do social media other than snapchat. It's a bittersweet thing. I am down if I go to AX. Im@s is much more popular there for some reason.

>>9031175
Yeah Ranko is normally a usual. A lot of actual idol outfits instead of casual like I said I felt out.

>>9031259
Thank you based anon.

>>9031336
>All those nice af outfits
>Im@s makes my heart complete

>>9032020
If you're saying you're the My First Star Rin that went to the im@s gathering, your were so freakin cute.
>>
>>9032064
Do you have a page?
>>
>>9031167
hey I'm interested
>>
>>9032064
Rin at Imas and Touma at All Idols, hehe thanks.
I was expecting more male idols at the later, but I'm glad people at Imas knew sideM when I asked
>>
>>9032022
was good stuff but I optimized my shit with going to hotel parties, ironic cosplay pics, and post rave bathroom fucks while flying solo. it almost beats AX 2014. almost.
>>
File: Cc73YhDUAAAb4CQ.jpg (23KB, 543x271px) Image search: [Google]
Cc73YhDUAAAb4CQ.jpg
23KB, 543x271px
90% of the parties that I finally got in were quickly shut down. I wanted to make friends this con but came back alone. Bought a daki to keep me company though.

>mfw unpacked and no cosplay found
>>
>>9032073
I don't but I frequent this place quiet a bit now.

>>9032111
There's a grill in the itabag threads that has a S.E.M bag that would've appreciated you as I do. I'm all about Haruna from HJ because I actually drum a little bit and we both have orange hair haha. I've been noticing SideM getting bigger, so we'll see for AX.
If you ever wanna idol together, I also frequent the idol threads, hopefully we can do something together.
>>
>>9032130
i got insanely lucky while scouting for a party at elevatorcon. they kicked me out on the 3rd night cus I they were only doing a friends circle that night despite being chill af
>>
>>9032134
u wot m8?
>>
Can anyone tell me why they didn't allow people to bring super small purses/bags into the dance when in the rule book it says they are allowed and will just be searched?

And why checking a bag cost money (which requires cash which not everyone has on them)?

Because honestly that was bullshit.
>>
>>9032141
>tfw you had to pregame a 500mL bottle of pepsi with 7 shots cus they didn't let you bring it in
>>
Holy hell this year the security has been on the ball on shutting fun down. I mean if they can do that effort in the other areas this con would rock. Only saving grace this year was the people.
>>
>>9032131
Hmm do you want to figure a shoot out on here in an AX thread coming up then?
>>
File: wanpaaaaan.jpg (165KB, 756x1008px) Image search: [Google]
wanpaaaaan.jpg
165KB, 756x1008px
>>9032022
I staffed so I spent most of the con at my department. I missed a couple of panels but at least I made my annual round at the dealers and AA, but I definitely bought a lot less this year (~$50 as opposed to >$100 last year).

I think this year's overall energy level was pretty low. I feel like there were a lot less cosplayers roaming around. Last year the center was almost filled by nighttime on Day 0 because people had nothing better to do after zipping through registration in less than half an hour and everyone was all excited and ready for con. None of that this year.

Have some random OPM.
>>
File: IMG_20160529_125408.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160529_125408.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>9032064
>Running into weedlord
Fucking lucky, I was hoping to run into him to give him a yayoi keychain I had left over.

I will see you at AX then!
>>9032111
Wait you were the Rin there? I asked for your photo at some point! I didn't know there were so many cgl imas fans at the gathering! Ugh now I'm regretting saving it for last instead of taking my time to chat everyone up there!

I also had no idea there was a SideM gathering, huh...I could totally do a SideM cosplay lmao

Also someone said there was imas CDs at the kinokuya booth? Where? I looked through all their CDs and all they had was love live and some op Ed singles. The only imas stuff they had was an art book I already owned and some clear files that I bought.
>>
>>9032111

Oh, neat, I wasn't expecting to be able to find you online. I was the guy wearing the Haruka shirt who mistook you for Uzuki, sorry about that. I don't know so much about CG and didn't get a good look in advance, but your costume was great. I crawled out of bed with like 3 hours of sleep to make the meetup so it was not my best time for conversation.
>>
File: 1464678096192124776038.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1464678096192124776038.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9031642
Here's a picture of the buttons they had in the artist alley. It was the only imas stuff they had in the whole thing and it was tucked away in a corner. Made me sad.
>>
>>9032163
>there were a lot less cosplayers roaming around
totally agree, anon. and as a cosplayer that really bummed me out. like half of my fun at a con is nerding out over how people make their shit.
>>
>>9032134
Was that third floor Fairmont?
>>
File: DSCF0721.jpg (288KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0721.jpg
288KB, 667x1000px
Fanime was fun, even though I barely saw the con itself between shooting, hanging out with people, and parties. I agree that it went by damn fast, though, even though I was there from Day Zero.

Here's a random photo of an awesome Spider Jerusalem.

>>9032047
>>9032056
>>9032059
It took me close to 9 hours. Fucking brutal.

>>9032063
Ugh, yeah. I stopped for drinks at one point and it was like stepping out into a blast furnace.

>>9032134
I hope that wasn't my group, still feel bad about that situation if it was. (19th floor?)
>>
File: 1462040389525.gif (3MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1462040389525.gif
3MB, 350x197px
>Vendor hall overpriced and selling the same merch con after con
>AA full of ugly and samey tumblr-styled art
>Gaming hall was huge but ended up making the small arcade selection look even smaller
>>
>>9032177
naw 15th floor. they had alcohol as far as the eye can see on display
>>
>>9032179
>selling nendoroid petits for 25 dollars
>>
>>9032179
First thing I noticed when I entered the artist alley
>Everyone selling literally the same tumblr red nose art
>>
Things I liked about the con
>everything not happening at the con
>some of the cosplay,
>SOME interesting vendor stuff but most was shit from amazon marked up
Things I didn't like
>Con staff having no idea what was going on or where things were taking place
>Fairmount
>Panels were all shit
>3 raves for no reason instead of just one larger one
>"gaming" hall
>linecon

Overall I feel I had a good time but wouldn't return unless some serious things got fixed to the con itself
>>
I feel like day 0 and day 1 was fine for the elevators at the Fairmont, but then they made it so it has to stop at every single floor even if no one was there and that started the hell that was elevatorlinecon
>>
File: PDT_5838bfdcfgdfg.jpg (604KB, 840x960px) Image search: [Google]
PDT_5838bfdcfgdfg.jpg
604KB, 840x960px
For those unhappy with FANIME, there was this guy voicing his displeasure.
>>
anyone have pics of the qt nanas at the imas gathering?
>>
>>9032189
There was also an artist with traced art and a guy selling a print with official art/copyrighted images on it

Good thing the jury system was designed to prevent all that oh wait
>>
File: IMG_20160529_130931.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160529_130931.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>9032210
I do.

And they weren't Nana's, it was one Nana and a Miku.
>>
>>9032212
dam it was a miku? I was wondering why the other one had black hair
>>
File: IMG_20160529_130221.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160529_130221.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9032212
>>
>>9032216
The qt levels of the imas group are dangerously high
>>
>on site reg no line as I laugh at pre reg
>drank to the point in which I was stripping (male) with other males
Don't be jelly Beanie.
>met tons of people who knew who I was from various normie stuff, school and work
>built the jenga tower to the point where I have to use a ladder
>danced alot at the rave
>cosplayed for once and I wasn't totally shit at it
Overall not a bad fanime for me but most of this could have been done without fanime anyways.
>going to fanime for their great panel selection
top kek
Shitty musicfest though.
>>
I swear if that one staff member who defended fanime without fail (and you know it's staff because he hasn't appeared once during con) in all the threads leading up to fanime shows his face and does it again I'm going to flip a table.
>>
>>9032233
>being mad at someone through the internet
>>
>>9032237
When he had the gall to talk up the con and then have this shitfest, yes, I am mad
>>
>>9032174
oh thanks! got a link to the artist's social media?
i want to buy an anya pin if he/she ever makes one
>>
>>9032233
why would staff defend fanime at all, they literally work for free and get next to fuck all in return besides a smaller badge

it actually costs them money to staff, at least if they're taking advantage of the hotel discount
blows my mind if he's really doing what you described
>>
File: 06153013321.jpg (99KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
06153013321.jpg
99KB, 640x800px
>>9032216
Girl cosplaying Mio should have cosplayed Natalia instead, would have been perfect.
>>
>>9032267
Because they feel they have a stake in the convention. It's most likely someone in the upper echelons. An attendee wouldn't have anywhere near that fire that this one did.
>>
>>9032254
Says it on the buttons.
http://www.larein.com
>>
>>9032268
She likes Mio. I don't know if she likes Natalia
>>
>>9032277
thanks!

>>9032169
I don't think they were displayed with the cover showing. I had to lean in to read the spines inside the display case; they were next to the love live stuff i believe
>>
>>9032211
which booth was it and did anyone even report that guy?
>>
>>9032268
I actually think I was supposed to do a group with her once time and she was Hibiki.
>>
Overall it was decent, line con made day zero and one very subdued with a lot of good cosplayers stuck in line.

Fun police were out in force this year but I think that is more the hotels than the convention. I heard parties going on at the marriott and westin didn't have nearly as many issues.

I can't completely blame the con for reg...the con center double booked where they had it last year, but either way they should have opened for pickup much earlier.

Cosplays were good once Saturday hit, a lot of good fire emblem too.

For having con center staff badging the concourse, it went surprisingly well, they didn't rebadge once you were in and the staff weren't massive dicks like they are at otakon.
>>
File: image.jpg (117KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117KB, 640x640px
>>9032171
>>9032131
Selfpost, I'm coming out here because I'm so desperate for idolmaster friends!
>>
>>9032204
>>Panels were all shit
Hentai Voice acting and CWF were top tier. Some of the more level headed workshop panels were awesome.
>>
Great con overall for me. Got stuck with a emotional girl who cried for most of the con though(while I didn't mind, it got really irritating). This con made me realize how much I didn't care for parties. I used to make them my priorities at cons, but I think socializing at the con and being a huge weeb is funner. I was the fat Decim from death Parade this whole weekend if you saw me, sorry I my in character wasn't too good some of you.
>>
Gonna drop my two cents here. I loved the hell out of Fanime this year as it allowed me to express my love of anime, games and pro wrestling in full force this year.

Fanime made my dumb idea of having a pro wrestling gathering be real in addition to letting me do the CWF for a third time this year. While I had tons of fun dressing up as Teddie and Bobbie Fulbright I had tons of fun cosplaying as Shinsuke Nakamura.

I spent Sunday too-sweeting wrestling fans, bending backwards, cutting promos and just marking out
>>
I think whatever pre-con mistakes Fanime made this year finally caught up to them this past weekend. It was lackluster con compared to any other years and I think even Fanime knows they messed up hard. Hopefully they fix things for 2017
>>
I brought my coworker and his girlfriend and it was their first con. I made his yoko kurama cosplay and he loved it/had a lot of fun. I was a proud con-mom.

We didn't see too many panels or do meetups. Masquerade was ok. Rave we had fun. Coworker lost his debit card and could tell he wanted to cry when he saw the dealers room for first time.
I had a bad time at the post lolita fashion show meet this year. I don't belong to the comm but I also felt like I was getting a lot of side eye for my coord/ my short hair. I ended up being too shy to talk to more than two girls. Feels bad, man.
>>
>>9032320
She might have been the hibiki I saw on day 1, didn't get her picture because I was stuck in the reg line though.
>>9032390
If you want you can email me and I'll throw down some soc media like last thread, if not feel free to join us at AX, I guess we're having a mini cgl idol meet up now lmao
>>
>>9032022
Dubs checked

tfw I thought this was about "Famine". A gathering of really hungry people?
>>
Did anyone see that drunk as heck Rick and Morty on Sunday night? Anyone know who they are? Shit was funny af,
>>
>>9032613
This will be the Turning Point. Fanime has been running off of its old reputation for quite a while now. It should be abundantly clear to the staff that they need to change their whole system or they will see an exponential dropout in attendance for the next few years.
>>
>>9032639
Yeah I was there for that, except on saturday night. I was sitting nearby reading while waiting for a bus. I'm pretty sure it was the same guys you were talking about because there was no question the guy was smashed and yelling at the top of his lungs
>>
>>9032646
They went up to my squad and were yelling at us like "HOLY SHIT IT'S FUCKING ABRAHAM LINCOLN" (I was cosplaying a character with a top hat), "SPONGEBOB" (Steven Universe), "AND A NINJA TURTLE" (Joseph Joestar). I got video that I might upload. Apparently the Rick got his badge confiscated so he just got as wasted as possible.

The Morty took one of our drinks and chugged that shit down. I hope they're okay. "I THINK I'M DRUNK RICK"
>>
>>9032638
Some of us were pretty hungry because we're were doing stuff round the clock to the point where we didn't remember to make breaks while scheduling everything in the first place
>>
>>9032648
fucking lel. wish I could've seen more of it
>>
Where the cosplay pics at
>>
>>9032648
Pretty sure anything Pokemon for them = Pikachu because totally saw them tell an Officer Jenny "OMG great pikachu costume"
>>
>>9032477
seconding CWF being top tier

I was in the masq and fukkin bounced before hearing the results in order to attend, and I'm so glad I did.
>>
>>9032390

Someone in our group mentioned that she was talking with you and seems to like you, so you should tell her you want to join if you are interested. I joined the group on Saturday, and they've been really fun and nice so far. Are you local to the area?
>>
>>9032477
Got any feedback on the workshop panels? I ran one and I'm interested in what people thought of them
>>
>>9032477
>>9032708
CWF was the hypest shit. Excited to see them at Anime Expo. I want to apply for one some time but I know I don't have the roasting capability. .
>>
>>9032715
We tried to get into the foam crafting panel and most of the people in line were turned away for lack of space
>>
>>903253
Holy shit,you were Bobby? That entrance and speech was awesome, you stole the show (and the spotlight from the gumshoes who were being shot at).
And when Simon chimed in, I creamed my pants.

I remember you as cosplaying as Meekins too, right?
Its been a while since I attended an AA gathering and now I'm kicking my ass that I stopped going.
>>
File: IMG_0240.jpg (3MB, 1656x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0240.jpg
3MB, 1656x2208px
Ah staff made me turn people away from the "sky's how to be a smash god" panel and people got so salty. I had to turn away a kid and his dad and the kid started crying feelsbad.jpg
>>
>>9032771
sky williams cancelled his remaining panels thats why. sucks desu
>>
>>9032810
What happened?
>>
>>9032818
From his twitter he said he's not "in the right head space" and then posted this video yesterday. Unless you have a medical emergency that's pretty unprofessional and I guess that's what happens when you get a streamer as a guest rather than a performer who can deal with pressure and people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHCmywnFRcU
>>
I wound up being the end game show champion on Saturday for some reason when even I admitted that I know nothing about anything. Thank gawd the questions were involving Sailor Moon, Star Wars Episode 1, and the deciding question between me and a girl named Molly was about Doctor Who! In the end, at the championship part, I ended up winning it all! Got $50 and a premium Japan Crate.

During my section before the championship I stole the Japan Crate from another dude who wound up picking a letter that got him ANOTHER Japan Crate which was pretty hilarious.

All in all, I had a great time. Had a blast wearing Merida and cosplaying as Nana with my friend.

>>9032771
Couldve been like me and my two friends [my friend being the dude in the Pokemon Breeder outfit who gave Sky the friend-chip] and just sat in the previous panel since they didn't clear out the Japanese 102 panel before his second panel.
>>
>>9032823
this.
I found it odd to see fanime randomly get him as a guest. being a last minute addition basically just restricted him to like 3 panels and him scrambling to prepare for it at the last minute.
>>
>>9032823
There is more to it, dude. His friends, who he paid for the whole trip to Fanime for, basically fucking used him all weekend, had him pay for shit, pretty much went when they had little to no money and don't exactly plan on paying him back. Its all really fucking shitty.

Plus he had a friend die, sooo..

Also, Friday [he said he plans to post a video about it since he talked about it on Twitter and during the SMASH panel] he was walking with his friend and they were talking about how girls can be really pretty, but just do nothing for him since he's gay and they passed by a group of 4 girls. He told his friend "Girls like those 4 are really pretty but don't do anything for me" and one went all Tumblr on his ass about how its not cool to objectify women by calling them pretty and how he, as a gay black man, should check his privilege. Two of the girls friends wound up leaving the area because they 'can't handle this drama right now'. Anyway, it was about a 20 minute lecture apparently about him being misogynist [for not even talking to the girls directly, but tell him friend that they were pretty] and how she 'speaks for all girls' when she talks about how they don't like being called pretty or complimented ever by anyone who they aren't dating. Just dome dumb bullshit. When he went to give his two cents she just walked away and said she 'doesn't want to hear it'. Like.. Wtf. I heard shit about this happening on Tumblr, but not in real fucking life.
>>
>>9032831
His panels were pretty much the most popular for the convention. He needed a bigger room by far. Not even half of the line that lined up into the halls and around corners could even fit in the room and they refused to let people stand at the back or on the sides.
>>
>>9032823

haha i was in the elevator with him when he was running late for his panel
>>
>>9032838
really odd to see that they gave him a really tiny room meanwhile CWF and Voice Acting Hentai got the biggest rooms and DID NOT fill up the seats at all. friend told me he waited in line for like 2-4 hours for sky and then they turned him away despite seeing a few empty seats.
>>
>>9032843
Yeah. The people trying to fill the room didn't even really check for seats. There were about two empty ones in our row specifically, but you know how assholely nerds can be and they put their fucking shit or props on a chair, so that people aren't tempted to sit next to them. The Rovers just didn't want to have to tell people to pick up their shit and put it under chairs or just hold them. I am so glad I was able to make it into both panels. He is hilarious and then when his brother went into the Q&A line for the 'Sky League and You' panel and then took of his mask? PRICELESS. He hasn't seen his brother in almost 5 years and it was super funny to see him call his mom, get her on speaker phone, and yell at his older brother about 'bothering him at his panel'. It was so funny. All in all, panels were 10/10.
>>
>>9032833
My point was simply that he's not a professional. He rants in the video about how he never had any lessons on how to run a channel and get followers and make content but I can tell you that disappointing a giant room of fans and potential fans is not going to help.
>>
>>9032862
im sad i missed his panels, is there a youtube video about him and his brother?
>>
>>9032863
He gets views, he still gets followers. If you even follow him or watch anything he does, he even admits to complaining a lot and has breakdowns. His Kubs really don't give a shit and will support him anyways. We saw him in the halls, the game room. His last panel was honestly probably going to be another League and SMASH Q&A anyways or end up that way since that is what he is known for and those fandoms aren't even close to being dry wells. The people standing in lines weren't necessarily there just for the title of the panel or for its content, but because it was Sky hosting them. No one is overly disappointed, I promise that. A little let down, but he has been going to Fanime for YEARS and if people haven't spotted him in the halls and game room at this point then thats tough cookie. He will be back next year. He is always in the game room. Little tip to people. That and the AA. Ive gotten my photo with him 3 years in a row now. Him being a guest is a nod to his continued support of the convention, not because he is overly famous because he isn't. Even he admits he isn't.
>>
File: 1350249231829.png (153KB, 315x315px) Image search: [Google]
1350249231829.png
153KB, 315x315px
>>9032862
>>9032843
>most popular panel at an ANIME con is some American guy playing video games

>>9032824
>game show at an ANIME con is mostly about the greater Western "nerd culture"

Congrats on winning though.
>>
>>9032866
Ill look for a video for ya. It was sweet and hella funny. Really took him by surprise.

Just searched so I could attach it to this, but nothing yet. My guess is it may be on Twitter somewhere or probably people just snapchatting it to friends. There were phones and cameras up during the Q&A, but nothing online right now.
>>
>>9032875
can confirm tho, i took a photo with him last year.
>>9032876
>fANIME
>>
>>9032876
>MLG games

Its way bigger than you think. Also, no one wants to attend Q&A panels about people dressed as the characters answering shitty questions that the attendees are asking and having it delve into creepy yaoi fiction with the cosplayers suddenly flirting with each other. Its fucking creepy. Thats what all fan panels are and it is garbage. I don't blame people for going to Sky's panels, or the wig working, armor making, even the CWF panels instead. The actual anime panels, unless it is people from the actual profession [like they did have in some panels] talking, are garbage and all conventions should be purged of those types. At least Sky gave valid advice with SMASH and League of Legends [mostly SMASH] stratigics and how to act during tournaments when you enter in to one.
>>
>>9032876
>going to an anime con for anime

lmao fucking loser
>>
>>9032876
It reflects the times more than the rise of Western cosplay since so many kids are more into watching you tubers stream games than play it themselves
>>
>>9032886
Its a fan convention. Like any convention. Its not just about anime and manga. You do have people who attend who are more into sci-fi, or theatrical makeup. Its not all anime. The Stage Zero game show category I entered in to was broad. There are other more precise ones like One Punch Man, Firefly had its own segment, anime in generals had its own segment where they focused on anime and manga. The game show is there for different kinds of people to participate.
>>
>>9032898
I personally think it is fun and even companies like it because its free publicity and if the game is really good and not super duper linear, its replay value after watching someone play is good. I like playing along with them. Like Ill do all this stuff in a game like Uncharted, get to a point where my back hurts and I am tired of playing, lay down and listen to the commentary and watch a streamer play it. Its fun. Its company without having to be a host.
>>
>>9032904
not me the other guy that i greentexted.

also do any of u see that post on the fanime group about some guy giving up his EBT card as collateral to get a replacement badge?
>>
File: 1454962920087.jpg (121KB, 400x353px) Image search: [Google]
1454962920087.jpg
121KB, 400x353px
>>9032894
>MLG games
>youtubers
>Western media

Literally the cancers that are ruining anime conventions by turning them into giant normie magnets.

>>9032898
I know, and it's sad. I miss the anime culture present at cons from years long past.
>>
>>9032912
There are still plenty of people to talk to about your interests. I feel like this is bait at this point, but if you really can't find people in a group of 40k who have the same interests in certain series as you, then you might be the problem, not them or the convention. There were more anime people are Fanime from what I noticed. There always are and there is nothing wrong with liking Western animation. If all we really have is PAX, Comic-Con, and D23 for Westerners, then fuck that. There are over 300 different anime conventions. Enjoy having it diverse.
>>
idk about other ppl but I had a lot of fun. The only real complaint was how strict they were with the black and white ball entrance this year, or how arbitrary it seems. I was denied entrance wearing a cosplay, came back after changing into a normal dress of the same length and was let in.

Looking forward to pics!
>>
>>9032843
>> CWF did not fill up the seat

You obviously did not go to that panel then, because it was full house
>>
>>9032938
I did go?
>>
>>9032626
whats your email?
>>
>>9032912
Your time is long past, nerd
>>
>>9032938

at the break half the back left, last two rows in the back left were replaced by some "BUILD THE WALL!" "SEND THEM ALL BACK!" "USA USA USA" fucks
>>
>>9032910
That's kind of hilarious
>>
I think there's still anime culture and I'm able to talk anime with people but maybe that's because a lot of the people I was taking to were cosplayers
>>
>>9032715
I didn't see all of them but many seemed interesting. Here's what I know

Nerd Courting - Great content and host as always.
Cosplay Fitness - Same host as Nerd Courting. I heard it was great and its a crying shame it was up against CWF
Engineer's Guide to Cosplay - Didn't go but based off of the description I can tell it would be informative
Makeup for Dudes - A lot more entertaining and useful than I thought it would be. The main difference is that the panel host had no credentials or training in makeup and thus he's the best at giving advice as he understands the plight of the audience.
>>
>>9032997
>>9032910
Okay that was less hilarious than expected. Just sad for all the parties involved. Power tripping staff and a dirt poor attendee
>>
>>9032823
>I guess that's what happens when you get a streamer as a guest rather than a performer who can deal with pressure and people.

Except Sky Williams is a performer. Riot flys him out to special to do comedy. He's placed high in stand up comedy competitions hosted by The Comedy Store (the grand daddy of respected comedy clubs) and is a commentator at Evo.

The guy knows pressure so if shit hit the fan it must be bad
>>
>>9032810
>>9032831
>>9032838
>>9032843

sky booked the event thingy at the last sec or something so staff couldn't put him in the bigger panel room.
>>9032824
yeah i had to turn these two guys away and they went into the panel before. wish I thought of it before so that I could tell that kid and his dad to do the same
>>
>>9033050
the cosplay fitness was great info. wish i went to nerd courting, what did he say about that panel?
>>
File: 20160529_150008.jpg (182KB, 1008x567px) Image search: [Google]
20160529_150008.jpg
182KB, 1008x567px
did anyone go to the hentai voice acting panel?
wish i could have seen this
>>
>>9033158
From what I heard they said that because men kept raising their hand for female dub and some legit trans woman actually was allowed to do it.
So that complaint is most likely stupid.
>>
File: 20160529_150029.jpg (170KB, 1008x567px) Image search: [Google]
20160529_150029.jpg
170KB, 1008x567px
>>9033195
what about this one, is it real?
>>
>>9033197
It seems hosts just assumed she was a crossplayer dude, since there's a lot of crossplayers.
Was she really trans or is it just people complaining who assumed that?
>>
>>9033205
yeah if they were in cosplay then it makes it likelier that people just assumed it
>>
Fanime just opened up their feedback website
http://apps.fanime.com/2016/feedback/index.php
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-30+at+06.26.24).png (36KB, 881x396px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-30+at+06.26.24).png
36KB, 881x396px
>>9033213
it's been up since yesterday I believe, they made the announcement during the closing ceremony (which was in some small-ass room, do they not want people to go to these or something)

I wrote a long complaint about how badly the cs tournament was run
>>
File: 1397082880150.png (42KB, 314x341px) Image search: [Google]
1397082880150.png
42KB, 314x341px
Also if someone finds a video of the hentai dub panel, share it please, I know someone who dubbed there and I have to see that.
>>
>>9033197
>>9033158
HA HA, Wait I think I got a letter from this dude because I took a nap at my stall.
>>
>>9033217
what did the closing ceremonies consist of? i never go to the opening or closings
>>
>>9033226
lmao, I can't tell if it is the same because they gave golf pencils for panel feedback which made everyone's handwriting look kinda similar

good shit though, were you at the AA or dealer hall? i'd be kinda worried about being stolen from if you fell asleep at either one

>>9033233
just a short montage video of photos that Fanime took and some thankyous, they also announced the first guest of 2017
and there was some guy who did some magic tricks with a rope, at the end people lined up at 2 microphones to provide feedback but most people were leaving at that point because they showed "See you next year" slide on the presentation (which the screen was way too small for)
>>
>>9033236
Who they announce?
All I know that the theme for next year is "Magic School"
>>
>>9033240
Chris Cason is an extremely prolific voice actor from Texas. Mr. Popo and Tien Shinhan in Dragon Ball Z, Gluttony in Fullmetal Alchemist, Holy Roman Empire in Hetalia, Tecchi in Sword Art Online II, Miyamoto and M1 in Yu Yu Hakusho, Boo and Whitey in Shin chan, Hanai in School Rumble, Chamo in Negima!, Babbit in Kodocha, Siegfried in Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple, and Hanbei in Sengoku BASARA represent some of Chris Cason’s favorite and best known roles. He has also had the opportunity to voice characters in many popular video games. Some of his favorites include voicing random ghouls and specters for Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Mega Man in Street Fighter X Tekken, Face McShooty and Mal in Borderlands 2, and Tatsu in Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Chris is also an ADR Director and has had the pleasure of casting, directing, and assistant directing such titles as: The Seven Deadly Sins, Dragon Ball Z Uncut, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball GT, Yu Yu Hakusho, Negima!, Kodocha, The Galaxy Railways, Baki the Grappler, School Rumble, Hell Girl, Kaze no Stigma, Bamboo Blade, Birdy the Mighty: Decode, Initial D, Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations, Yuki Yuna Is a Hero, and Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans.
>>
>>9033241
So basically not a Japanese GoH that everyone wants to see
>>
>>9033236
AA. I had a sinus infection that kept me up all night so I was like half gone by like 3 and took a 30 minute nap and woke up to it.
>>
>>9033252
aw, hope you're feeling better now and it wasn't the con plague
>>
so what the hell is this about Coke and Meth?
>>
>>9033276
context?
>>
>>9033289
apparently from reports, the amount of coke and meth being used and the amount of stuff being broken from the hotels has been pretty big in a bad way.
>>
>>9033291
i heard this from a friend as well. another even had a friend who was loaded and said he can get coke and heroin if needed. along with more fire alarm shit going down man people need to relax
>>
>>9033296

I know people are like "LOL Weed" and shit, but when I saw this, I knew it was going to set a precedent in the community. Now this shit is getting out of hand and the worst part is that this is okay.

part of me doesn't want to care anymore, but at the same time, this is what geek culture has become and once this is done, the empty void of life settles in...
>>
So the thread about the guy and his EBT card got deleted. Can't have anyone complaining about Fanime, nope
>>
>>9033158
>>9033197
Wow, that is really fucking rude. I bet that poor girl felt so humiliated. Did she leave? I'm surprised that actually happened at an anime con in the gay bay of the left coast.
>>
>>9033305
I used to care but then I stopped caring and joined the weed, meth, coke.
There is literally nothing in fanime con that can even top weed, meth, and coke.
>>
>>9033306
You mean on here or on the Fanime Forums?
>>
>>9033306
story?
>>
>>9033321
some poor dude like literal poor, lost his badge, asked for replacement and i guess he had no debit or credit only an EBT so someone asked for his EBT as collateral and when he went to the ball they turned him and his gf away cause she had stockings of some sort? idk something along the lines of it was not classy and he even went into detail on their race gender and shit. he wants to press charges if they dont give the ebt card back and people are saying lol he willingly gave it instead of trying to argue and not give it up etc.
>>
I hate to say it, but Silicon Valley Comic Con may overtake Fanime at some point. Less die-hards came out from other cities to come, whereas SVCC had shitloads of people from everywhere else - I remember last Fanime, I ran into people from Florida, NY State, some out country, but we're competing with loads and loads of new comic cons over the weekend - Megacon had shittons of people come in, Momocon was around, Anime North and Animazement pulls more Guests of Honor, etc.

Not to mention SVCC has the resources to not be linecon and /did everything Fanime's reg struggled with on the first day/

To be fair, it could be worse. It could have been Space City Comic Con.
>>
>>9032064
>I am down if I go to AX. Im@s is much more popular there for some reason.

NorCalPs are best Ps though
>>
>>9033291
desu cops have been raiding rooms since fucking forever, last time I was in Fairmont, there were cops up and down

Some people I know who work for VTA and get a lot of hotel workers busing back and forth talk about the nasty shit people do in the hotel rooms.
>>
>>9033334
Good. Now you faggot marvel fanbase can get the fuck out. Take homestuck with you.
>>
>>9032743
>>9032533
>>
>>9033345
where the fuck where you when homestuck panels are still at fanime? suck it down weeb, marvel blew your second rate ax out the door
>>
File: 1464665558556.jpg (47KB, 377x640px) Image search: [Google]
1464665558556.jpg
47KB, 377x640px
>>9032823
He had an especially shit weekend. His friends ditched him and he found himself $10,000 in debt because he doesn't know when not to give his friends gifts and payouts and such. Poor dude just got cheated. And didn't a date stand him up or something on top of that? I can see why he'd want to leave, honestly. Sure, it's unprofessional, but he's been known to have terrible depression so I can see how that really did take a toll on him.
>can you tell that im a little too much of a sky fangirl
>maybe im a little too loyal. rip
>>
>>9032533
dude keep it up, it's fantastic as always
>>
>>9033351
Insult me all you want but just take your trash out of my convention.
Along with Steven Universe.
And especially Deadpool.
>>
>>9033352
Same, I feel so sad for Sky. I have a mutual friend who's flying out and will hopefully cheer him up. I just want him to be happy ;____;
>>
>>9033352
yeah the date thing as well happened. he does not deserve this i would hang out with him no homo
>>
File: 1348377070430.jpg (57KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1348377070430.jpg
57KB, 500x375px
>>9033213
Thanks anon, I just submitted my feedback.

>>9033276
Seriously, crystal meth? I know it's the Bay Area, but c'mon I thought weeaboos were better than that.

I can understand people wanting to dude weed lmao or whatever, and I get that teenagers want to drink booze on the weekend, and I can get people wanting to roll and dance, but coke and especially meth seem so far from the point of an anime con.

I'd be curious to hear about the context of which you heard such things.

>>9033344
>cops have been raiding rooms since fucking forever, last time I was in Fairmont, there were cops up and down
I stayed in the Marriott and didn't see a single police officer in the hotel at any point.

>the nasty shit people do in the hotel rooms
W-What do the con goers do to their hotel rooms anon?
>>
File: chris evans laughing.jpg (104KB, 620x670px) Image search: [Google]
chris evans laughing.jpg
104KB, 620x670px
>>9033357
>defending linecon
>defending the continual lack of guests of honors
>defending the fact a lot of panels and banzai arcade got dropped because of hotel idiocy
>defending the clusterfuck of traffic svcc did better
>>
>>9033375
Mariott seems free of it for some reason... I had no problems at Doubletree, Marriott, or Ramada.

Flooded bathrooms, rock star bullshit like smashing everything, party crap stuff.
>>
>>9032155
If you have snapchat, I have that? Otherwise I'm not sure if I'm going to AX, but I'll post in AX thread if I am.

>>9032169
It was just as magical as you think.

>>9032390
If you have snapchat or you can email my throwaway: rahze8 and rahze8@gmail

>>9032626
>tfw all these cgl im@s holy hell who knew

>>9033340
Hmm...haven't really met any NorcalP's before.
>>
>>9033376
>implying I'm defending linecon
>>
>>9033376
Bandai arcade pussied out. they could but they acted like a bunch of little bitches.
>>
>>9033398
imo it's not pussying out when hotel BS was way out of hand this year.
>>
File: 1308250400643.jpg (130KB, 900x656px) Image search: [Google]
1308250400643.jpg
130KB, 900x656px
>>9032708
>Left masq early in order to go to CWF

You made an excellent choice.

>>9032894
>e. I don't blame people for going to Sky's panels, or the wig working, armor making, even the CWF panels instead. The actual anime panels, unless it is people from the actual profession [like they did have in some panels] talking, are garbage and all conventions should be purged of those types.

Let's because we should have all panels be discussion based QAs with guests. The reason why fan panels exist is that they can provide a unique experience as you have more POVs in the mixture. Under your criteria panels such as the CWF and Banzai arcade would never be approved even though those shows are well thought out, well ran, entertaining as FUCK and unique.

>>9032938
>>
>>9032708
>>9033407
Masq only had forty+ entries in, wtf happened?

Also, why the fuck are they trying to make Closing Ceremony a thing again when they haven't cared about it since 2008? They had Tadao and a magician in, but if they want more people, they need to do it at Stage Zero. It's not like Anime North or Kawaiikon, which emphasis opening ceremony.
>>
I was the Starlord that was dancing throughout the con. Got sick on sunday doe and had to leave late that night.

Other then the fucked linecon and getting sick. it was a okay fanime

Was it just me or did it look really... empty? it didnt feel like that many people around
>>
>>9033419
Oh, hey, I was with you at Linecon on Thursday! How'd it go? And I agree, there didn't seem to be very many people, even at peak times - after getting past the badge checkpoints, it seemed really empty, or at least not very many cosplayers. I'm going to guess it's because there are way more Memorial Day conventions now than before.
>>
>>9033413
Why are you talking about closing ceremonies? the post is just talking about how awesome the CWF is and how not all fan panels are crap
>>
>>9033306
>>9033316
>>9033321
this guy posted a long story about trading his EBT card for a temp badge for the BW ball from Fanime staff, kinda sounds sketch all around tbqu senpais so idk
>>
>>9032944
>>9032938
He means there were still empty seats, even if they had a lot of attendees.
>>
>>9033375
how far from Barstow is from San Jose?
>>
>>9033419
Didn't seem empty to me. Then again I had a cosplay with wings and it's always aggravating having to pay extra attention to dumbfucks that don't watch where they're walking. Walking into other peoples props and costumes all day
>>
>>9033425
that was seperate from my question about masq so
>>
File: IMG_0646.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0646.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Well I had a great year at Fanime and idk why everyone's complaining.
>>
>>9033423
I am just glad I wasnt cosplaying Star while in Linecon lol. I would have died of heat from being with so many people for 3 hours.

>>9033431
I feel that. The real busy part was the lobby and I can see how it would be hard walking though that.
>>
File: 1374225660308.gif (1MB, 420x248px) Image search: [Google]
1374225660308.gif
1MB, 420x248px
>>9033376
>not going to the double tree and waiting literally 3 mins in line
nub
>>
>>9032976
Sat right next to those guys. Honestly I found them hilarious. But if you find the crowd annoying, maybe you were at the wrong panel?
>>
>>9033427
So from memory this guy was a volunteer, lost his badge. Also mentions that they upped the reimbursement hours required and he wouldn't have enough. Basically he's broke as fuck. Asked volunteer staff heads if he could borrow a badge to go to black and white ball with his gf because he feels like ass since he lost his badge and just wants a little fun with gf at the ball. They say only with collateral which was his EBT because he had no credit card. So he goes to b&w ball with gf but a powertripping land whale staffer says that part of her outfit was against the guidelines and wouldn't let them in. Guy gets argumentative with land whale about how other people are wearing stuff against the guidelines and yet they are being let in and land whale calls security. Security takes his badge so now he can't exchange the badge he borrowed to get his EBT back. He's threatening to report the con to the whatever the fuck agency that handles EBT if he doesn't get his card back. Easy thing for con to do is just give him the card back because it's not like a badge is worth anything after the con

Apparently EBT is serious business and people in the past have gotten into legal trouble for taking EBT cards or some shit.
>>
>>9032968
just shoot me an email at [email protected]
>>9033379
Yuup, you better come to AX for imas at least, I'm gonna be bummed out if the one year we actually had cgl imas and we all missed it.
>>
>>9032912
A thousand times this.
>>
Was a good Fanime. Rave was a blast on Sunday night, especially the Hardcore room.
>>
Overall, I had a great fanime. Got to meet a lot of new people and see old friends. There were certainly problems, but these days I only care about performing on panels and seeing friends, so I could care less about guests etc. I guess it depends on what you are looking for in a con. My biggest issue with the con was the hotel booking fiasco. There were also rovers roaming hotel hallways looking for parties to bust which I think is a bit uncool if they arent disturbing hotel guests.
>>9033352
Saw him near la vics sunday night, he seemed happy but was probably drunk. He was hitting on Matt lol.
>>9033375
Meth seems to be a rumor but coke and molly were 100 in play.
>>
>>9033419
You were an annoying piece of shit. Turn off your fucking music in the elevators and stuff. About as cancerous as the Deadpools.
>>
>>9033352
Holy shit he has a right to feel bad
Fuck those guys. Hope he cut them off immediately
>>
>>9033438
i would have except there was no line for at-con registration on friday and you don't get an anime badge if you go to clockwork registration
>>
>>9033485
well if waiting in line for 3 hours is really that important to people just to acquire a specific badge then maybe they should quit bitching. There were options is all im saying.
>>
>>9033479
If you spoke up and said. "Hey could you not play it?" I would have turned it off.

But instead you are yelling at me on an anon board.
>>
>>9033488
yeah apparently so, there was basically no point in preregistering unless you wanted to reserve a hotel i think
>>
>>9033442
they upped it? I thought it was always 20
it wasn't that hard to get them done though, the only kinda shitty part was that all the morning shifts were usually taken, so we got stuck working from like 3 till 9

made a huge mistake working e-gaming crowd control on friday though, standing for 3 hours is fucking awful
>>
File: lewd.png (304KB, 2500x2641px) Image search: [Google]
lewd.png
304KB, 2500x2641px
>>9033379
>Hmm...haven't really met any NorcalP's before.

wow dude, there are monthly meetups for the idol's birthdays and other stuff, also several of us made it to 10th last year
>>
File: 1337390338258.png (2MB, 1079x909px) Image search: [Google]
1337390338258.png
2MB, 1079x909px
>>9033378
>Flooded bathrooms, rock star bullshit like smashing everything, party crap stuff.

The heathens... I put all of our room's waste into a three separate paper trash bags lined with plastic bags (one for trash, one for glass bottles, and one for other recycling).

>>9033429
Why are you asking?

>>9033469
I can understand rolling and dancing, but how were people using cocaine? That's a drug you got to do like every 15 to 20 minutes to stay high on. Were they just holed up in their hotel room doing blow all night or what?
>>
>>9033460
Hardcore will never die!
>>
>>9033507
They mainly played Uk/J-core
>>
>>9032976
lol this guy doesnt get sarcasm, fun, or supporting the ''bad" guy for giggles

which is ironic cause he has 4chan shitposting down
>>
File: DogCookieGirl.jpg (62KB, 541x415px) Image search: [Google]
DogCookieGirl.jpg
62KB, 541x415px
>>9033520
You must have missed the Gabber
>>
File: FB_IMG_1464748093473.jpg (101KB, 1137x640px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1464748093473.jpg
101KB, 1137x640px
>>9032022
My trip in one picture
>>
>>9033524
Fuck, really? Was it actual Gabber or just core?
>>
>>9033530
was only a few tracks, but yes, full on Gabber.
>>
>>9033524
I really really really like this picture
>>
File: CcewUcwXIAQM7rL.jpg (71KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CcewUcwXIAQM7rL.jpg
71KB, 600x600px
>>9032976
ayy that was me
>>
>>9033489
Dude. You blasted that shit everywhere. No one is going to be an asshole in person and tell some idiot, obviously being annoying, to knock it off because its a convention. Just have common sense. Its like those asshole kids in high school with their shitty speaker backpacks. Especially in an elevator. It was loud. It was really fucking loud. Its fine walking in the halls, but come on.

Also when you photobombed in the halls. Really dude? Come on.
>>
>>9033558
This. There's a time and place for everything. Keep it in moderation.
>>
>>9033489
Random people in public should not have to start an uncomfortable confrontation with a you to get you to behave in a courteous manner.

You sound like an insufferable attention whore.
>tripfag
Makes sense.
>>
>>9033560
Seriously. There were a lot of Starlords, but his was honestly the only one I kept seeing blasting the music so damn loud for attention. We get it. Starlord has a radio and plays music, but he has HEADPHONES for that stuff. I don't blame anyone for not having the balls to tell him to turn it down because its a convention. You do you and its better than the giant boomboxes that rovers have to tell people to turn off, but moderation. Small spaces and blaring 1980s music don't mix. I love the 80s, but not the place.
>>
File: zwrd7v31.jpg (294KB, 1868x884px) Image search: [Google]
zwrd7v31.jpg
294KB, 1868x884px
>>9033563
the people playing music on speakers are the absolute worst at cons. it's not going to make people want to talk to you, but it will make them think you're a huge douchebag

this guy was playing his guitar in the back of the dealers hall and staff came to tell him to fuck off lmao
>>
>>9033574
omfg that Homestuck whale just sitting in that chair
>>
>>9033578
just noticed too LMFAO
>>
>>9033489
Im reminding my friends of who you were when we were all in the Hilton elevators and they said they wish your radio got confiscated. Lol.
>>
>>9033574
Yeah, agreed.

There were a few instances in elevators that really made it unbearable, particularly when they're really crowded as hard gay over there continues to scream and blast music. He was even smug when the elevator closed at the lobby, then people got off at that Concourse instead immediately he'd laugh and yell "WHY'D SHE LEAVE?"
the blatant attention whoring, my god.

I responded with "you're being annoying as fuck dude" he said "whatever bruh" and he then refused to not make eye contact with me until my floor.

>"Look at me! Look at me! "
Kind of pathetic tubehonest famerino
>>
>>9032976
I was one of them
>>
>>9033584
i didn't want to volunteer again next year but if i do, gonna try for rover so we can get rid of the spergs playing music
>>
>>9033526
Hate the overuse of images to get a point across but yeah, it sums it up
>>
>>9033526
I find your lack of alcohol disturbing.
>>
>>9033050

>Nerd Courting

is that actually informative or is it all a farce?
>>
>>9033554
>>9033603

should've sat with you guys. i was the only one in my section who was cheering Trump - near the center walkdown aisle. even got a Dr. Pepper from...Dr. Pepper
>>
>>9033671
people enjoyed it immensely from what i remember reading in the feedback forms
good attendance too
>>
>>9033677

i mean, is it an actual "this is how you DON'T spill spaghetti", or is it all jokey?
>>
>>9033611
Yeeeeeees thank you anon! I thought there was a rule about too loud of music blaring in the halls anyways?
>>
>>9033195
>>9033158
Yeah, it's stupid. They had a guy come up to voice a female, and it was more 'LLLLLLLADIES ONLY' kinda joking and not real 'omg gaystapo' shit.
>>
>>9033584
i remember being in the elevators too and he was dancing also. so not only was the music loud, but his dancing in a crowded elevator really sucked. then i got off at the same floor and he was blaring it in the hallways where other possible nonfanime guests couldve been staying. its just rude and inconsiderate.
>>
Since it's heading that way...

>Best encounter with someone in cosplay
>Worst encounter with someone in cosplay

>Best: encountering a drunk Rick from Rick and Morty and hanging around for about a half hour
>Worst: that one unbathed Undertale cosplayer
>>
>>9033197
Didn't she do a voice later?

Also the drunk girls who kept screaming EVERY FUCKING TIME AND EVEN FUCKING AFTER they sent out for people were super fucking annoying
>>
>>9033496
cause Barstow is known for it's Meth.
>>
>>9033693
i think it was the former, just tips and stuff

>>9033715
best: lots of cuties around and it was my first convention
worst: too shy and sleep deprived to talk to any of them or take a picture
;_;
>>
who here love live fan
>>
>>9033226
I mean, he's not wrong...
>>
>>9033693
Guy knows his shit and is a really charismatic person. He also takes questions from the audience and the show gets pretty heavy at times
>>
File: 1440998423035.png (37KB, 369x323px) Image search: [Google]
1440998423035.png
37KB, 369x323px
>cosplay posing is now either Jojo pose, praying, or dabbing
>>
>>9033603
>>9033554

must've been the fags that were dressed like bandit keith
>>
File: IMG_36900.jpg (3MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_36900.jpg
3MB, 5184x3456px
>>
How was the masquerade? I skipped out on it, but how did you feel about the contestants and winners? Do you think the judges made the right choices?
>>
File: IMG_37055.jpg (3MB, 3456x5184px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_37055.jpg
3MB, 3456x5184px
>>
File: IMG_37177.jpg (3MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_37177.jpg
3MB, 5184x3456px
>>
File: IMG_37255.jpg (3MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_37255.jpg
3MB, 5184x3456px
>>
File: IMG_37311.jpg (3MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_37311.jpg
3MB, 5184x3456px
I think both of these people are boys.
>>
File: IMG_37377.jpg (4MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_37377.jpg
4MB, 5184x3456px
>>
File: IMG_37866.jpg (3MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_37866.jpg
3MB, 5184x3456px
>>
File: IMG_37544.jpg (4MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_37544.jpg
4MB, 5184x3456px
>>
File: IMG_37699.jpg (3MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_37699.jpg
3MB, 5184x3456px
>>
>>9032912
civil war and deadpool are the best anime of 2016, fuck you
>>
File: IMG_37933.jpg (4MB, 3456x5184px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_37933.jpg
4MB, 3456x5184px
>>
File: IMG_38077.jpg (3MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_38077.jpg
3MB, 5184x3456px
>>
File: IMG_38199.jpg (2MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_38199.jpg
2MB, 5184x3456px
>>
File: IMG_38333.jpg (4MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_38333.jpg
4MB, 5184x3456px
>>
File: IMG_38666.jpg (4MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_38666.jpg
4MB, 5184x3456px
>>
File: IMG_38744.jpg (4MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_38744.jpg
4MB, 5184x3456px
>>
File: IMG_38888.jpg (4MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_38888.jpg
4MB, 5184x3456px
>>
File: IMG_39066.jpg (3MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_39066.jpg
3MB, 5184x3456px
>>
File: IMG_39388.jpg (4MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_39388.jpg
4MB, 5184x3456px
>>
>>9033942
>cutest girl is worst girl
>>
File: IMG_39655.jpg (4MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_39655.jpg
4MB, 5184x3456px
>>
File: IMG_39433.jpg (3MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_39433.jpg
3MB, 5184x3456px
>>
File: IMG_39677.jpg (4MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_39677.jpg
4MB, 5184x3456px
>>
>>9033495
Where the fuck can I sign up for these meet ups holy shit
>>
>>9033495
same
>>
filmed a Fanime recap CMV if anybody's interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URC--bdJd2c
>>
>>9034010
>more than half non-anime

Were there really that few actual Anime cosplays at Fanime this year? Seems like less and less each year
>>
>>9033496
Like the raver types. Many of us are too nerdy to have done the frat party life, so we tend to let loose more at cons with our people so to speak, but thats another level of going crazy. Plus, that shit is not cheap, idk how they can afford it after all the costs that occur going to a con.
>>9033734
nico ni
>>
File: 1444976152520.jpg (53KB, 960x547px) Image search: [Google]
1444976152520.jpg
53KB, 960x547px
>>9034018
Your time is over, buddy.
>>
>>9034018
It's sad isn't it? I felt like there were fewer cosplayers in general this year, but I wouldn't say that Western cosplayers were the majority. I think the person who made that video just has shit taste. Didn't you notice how almost every woman was just some generic Asian girl with the same creepy eye makeup doing slutty poses?
>>
anyone's feet still hurt? mine still do from walking like 25 miles over the length of the con ;_;
>>
>>9034018
I saw a ton of anime costumes so it doesn't feel like it's going down
>>
>>9034051
maybe you're just not used to it
did something like 10 miles a day
>>
>>9033993
>>9033495
How do I get in on this
>>
>>9033406
pro-tip: they could have got a hotel. they just couldn't party in it.
>>
>>9034112
Fucking this. If they really cared about the con and their fans they could have dealt with a 10-15 minute uber ride to a from one of the further hotels
>>
>>9033496
average stuff lasts an hour and good stuff can last longer. there was a metric fuckton of coke at fanime this year, but its not really something to worry about. meth is though
>>
>>9034155
needs a special variation called fanimeth only available at con
>>
>>9034063
yeah, first con so definitely not used to it
7 miles saturday and 11 on sunday, fug
>>
I haven't been to the CWF but I know that cgl hates IC panels (such as QA) with a passion yet CWF is getting a lot of free passes.

Is this the West Coasts version of Cosplay Deathmatch?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSHOQklcsak
>>
>>9034416
No physical contact in cwf. Contestants gets a few minutes to do a wrestling promo hyping up themselves and/or berating the other competition.
>>
>>9033866
N-no, actually :''DD It's just our first cosplay.

Thank you so much for taking a picture of us, though!
>>
>>9034504
I saw a pair of literal sameface as Shirou and Saber.
>>
Anyone see that Itasha RX-7? Heard he was a togue god.
>>
What sites do people dump their pics at?
>>
What are some of the upcoming Bay Area cons? I want to get my Biscuit Griffon done by mid-June
>>
>>9032064
I saw you knew who the cute Mika and Rika were, do you know who the colorful New Generations or the Nana and Miku group with them were?
>>
>>9032268
>>9032282
I saw Natalia on her cosplay list app thing when she pretty excitedly sent me a screenshot of how she had multiple Mika outfits on there. Also had Layla on there.
>>
>>9034449
Is it fair to compare it to Cosplay Deathmatch
>>
>>9034758
The miku I know is Taiga KZ. She was also Rika before the gathering. A super qt.
>>
File: 1459462012343.gif (2MB, 400x236px) Image search: [Google]
1459462012343.gif
2MB, 400x236px
>>9032533
This year was a great year for wrestling cosplays. Next year me and my friends will enter CWF for sure.

I wish I made it to the gathering earlier on Sunday and just shoot the shit with you and the others.
>>
>>9032843
>CWF DID NOT fill up the seats at all.

IT'S LIKE I'M REALLY AT WRESTLEMANIA 31
>>
>>9033495
>>9033993
seconding, I really wanna get in on this and meet more im@s nerds
>>
>>9034892
Wrestling gathering was hype. It started off as a traditional gathering but then moved onto just promo battles and scene re-enactments.

We did reenactment of Kevin Owens stepping on the belt, a slow motion curb stomp, Sami Callihan doing a stretch muffler and even a GTS and superkick party.

Here's a short vid of the insanity
https://www.instagram.com/p/BGAZKPjnNAn/?taken-by=steveyurko
>>
>>9033428
>>9034895
There were empty seats but the room change was needed as they would have filled up Panels 2
>>
>>9034794
Slightly. They usually include kinda planned skit altercations between the main returning people that has some some faked physical altercations near the end of the panel. It would be awsoume if fanime brought the monthly costumed wrestling event hoodslam to fanime but it may be too costly now with them typically drawing 700 to 900 people in Oakland at $20 a ticket
>>
>>9034930
Not to mention that the cosplayer has more input in CWF than in Deathmatch. The audience only has the character's image to go off of. However the CWF you can hear the character's motivation and see their personality
>>
>>9033993
>>9034916
You have to find another P and they'll let you in. They don't really want any autists in the group. Try posting to groups they might be in to find one, didn't the Fanime Im@s gathering have an event page? Or try the Fanime page itself?
>>
>>9034958
Looks like they do have one.

There's also one for AX, it wont let me post the link but just google facebook AX imas gathering and the group should come up.
>>
>>9034975
Do the NorcalP's go to AX and ALA?
>>
>>9034981

Some do.
>>
Dang, Trump is having a rally at the convention center. Would have loved to see the reaction if it was the day before fanime.
>>
Dump more fanime pics pls
>>
File: 20160530_151139.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20160530_151139.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
>>9035204
>>
File: 20160530_100819.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20160530_100819.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
>>
>>9032533
Which wrestler were you at CWF?
>>
File: 20160530_100103_001.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20160530_100103_001.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
dealer's hall opening on the last day
>>
>>9035224
I play Mr. Hikki (the nerdy one with the glasses). Most of my work is behind the scenes as I helped come up with the idea of the show and make sure the whole thing is ran properly and does not blow up in my face
>>
>>9035237
OH SHIT THAT WAS YOU. Excellente show man, and good job eating Blanka's shit.
>>
>>9035191
A day before Fanime was a Hillary rally by the convention center.
>>
File: 20160529_181135.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160529_181135.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>9033276
Fanime was linecon in more ways than one
>>
>>9033942
fuck this is soooo cute... i really love that taiga's makeup w/ the subtle blush and gradient lip
>>
Does anyone have pics of a bikini nozomi with a huge rack? I saw her but she was in a rush and I couldn't ask for a pic
>>
File: 20160528_122001.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20160528_122001.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>
File: 20160528_180835.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20160528_180835.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>
File: 20160529_142916.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20160529_142916.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>
File: 20160529_144538.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20160529_144538.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>
File: 20160529_144249.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20160529_144249.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>
>>9033958
Hate it when that happens.
>>
>>9034504
Thank you for confirming I'm not gay
>>
>>9034727
Internexus in Fremont is this weekend
>>
File: IMG_20160528_180652.jpg (3MB, 3088x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160528_180652.jpg
3MB, 3088x4160px
>>9034504
>>
>>9034504
hmu
>>
>>9035551
>>9035547
>>9035543
>>9035537
>>9035521
LOVING the resurgence that CCS is receiving lately due to its 20th anniversary. I was so happy each time I saw CCS cosplayers.

Can't wait for the new manga and anime and all the new CCS merch and cosplayers that will surely be a con staple for years to come.
>>
>>9034727
not a con but norcal cosplay gathering is end of july
j pop summit is the week before that
>>
>>9034727
Kinyoobi is in August
>>
File: 1440900366031.gif (3MB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1440900366031.gif
3MB, 480x320px
>>9034917
Fuuuuck, I was dressed as a Shinsuke at CWF. Wish we could have gone to the gathering but we were busy.

>>9034930
I know me and some friends from all the different East bay promotions would love to drive a ring down and organize something with G and Fanime Staff.
>>
>>9033856
there were a few that didn't deserve awards at all but everyone who i did think deserve an award got one so that was alright.
>>
>>9035827
Hard part is that paying crew for a ring setup AND insurance would cost a LOT of money.. That's money that we won't be able to get Fanime to spend.

Funny enough, there were three Shinsukes at Fanime. You, another guy at the NJPW panel and myself. Friend showed me this from her twitter page.
>>
>>9034010
I really like the look of this.
>camera?
>lens?
>f-stop?
>shutter angle?
>recording FPS?
>steadycam/mount?
>editing software?
>>
>>9034727
If you're into video games California Extreme is fucking amazing but not so much a con. Honestly you could do everything in a single day but I generally do all the games on the first day, and wait on line for the repeat favorites (Jubeat, The Grid) the second day.
>>
>just now finding out about the wrestling stuff that happened at Fanime

FUCK WHY WASN'T THIS DISCUSSED IN THE THREADS BEFOREHAND?
>>
>>9035920
it was in the panel schedule senpai

i was there but i left like 2 minutes in because i had no idea what it was, would have felt awkward cheering in the back row
>>
>>9035920
The amount of wrestling fans on /cgl/ is really low so I didn't really push the CWF here nor the wrestling gathering (mainly because I was unsure if it would have a turnout at all). There was also a really awesome NJPW panel where at the end we watched an amazing match from Wrestling Kingdom. Crowd got so into it that we starting chants as if we were there.

Most of the stuff spread through word of mouth. For some reason Fanime is one of the best cons to do wrestling related programming so I see this trend continuing next year.
>>
>>9034930
Hoodslam wouldn't really work at Fanime due to the tone of the show, Hoodslam really is a 21+ show (Due to the heavy emphasis on drinking and smoking) and when you try to strip it down to a more family friendly (or even 18+) event, it really takes the fun out of the show.
>>
File: 1454487655447.gif (2MB, 200x140px) Image search: [Google]
1454487655447.gif
2MB, 200x140px
>>9036141
I bet you it would have been a cramped room if you did push it. There were a lot of people I knew that now want to go next year just for CWF alone.

Sorry fanime general is becoming SuplexCity general.

Not sorry.
>>
>>9033856
I'm still wondering how their best in show actually won that award? When they called two cosplayers for the same award by mistake that was a grade A fuckup though.
>>
>>9035916
I worry when it wants to pee or poop. Imagine having to tow behind you dripping and smelling past a crowd of people. All the while the dog is unaware.
>>
>>9036737
outfit is only on the front of the dog, the back is uncovered
>>
>>9036479
Goodslam at the north Oakland street fair and colisium parking lot on opening day were fun enough
>>
A week later and as the final thread sinks I finally feel a tinge of post-con-blues.
See you all next year.
>>
File: 1350495927800 (1).jpg (28KB, 1008x720px) Image search: [Google]
1350495927800 (1).jpg
28KB, 1008x720px
>>9037014
>A week later and as the final thread sinks I finally feel a tinge of post-con-blues.

Me too anon..
>>
>>9037014
>>9037026
I decided not to make a new one because it's slowly decaying
>>
Where can I find galleries of more fanime pics.
>>
>>9037111
go for it man
>>
>>9035919
The music is done by the Rockage guys, so that's usually a blast. I usually go just for that.
>>
>>9037014
This thread makes me wish I had the courage to attend the cgl meetups... maybe next year anons.
>>
>>9035750
isnt kinyoobi always dead
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I wished I talked to the middle girl.
She was really cute and when I asked them for a pocture her face just light up. Very cheerful and cute.
>>
>>9037220
i didn't go to the 9pm friday one but the sunday night one in fairmont lobby lounge was chill. everyone seemed like cool guys
>>
>>9037220
same except this was my last fanime....
>>
tfw this didnt happen during fanime
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/violence-breaks-trump-rally-san-jose-protesters-hurl/story?id=39576437
>>
>>9037278
See you next year
>>
>>9033407
Actually ended up winning best fabrication in show at the masq; a friend texted me that we had won partway through WCS. And yet, I still don't regret the choice I made.

>>9033413
Are there usually more entries in fanime's masq?
>>
>>9037220
I wanna go but it sounds like all everyone does is get drunk and I don't even drink...
>>
>>9037905
I was at the one in the fairmont and we were having drinks, but nobody was "drunk". Except maybe me, a little. Just get a milkshake or something
>>
>>9037288
Just a week earlier I was snatching up all the cute plushies and yaoi I could find in the south hall and then last night I got to spend an hour checking out the scene seeing about 5 or 6 trump supporters getting suddenly knocked out while walking down the street. :'(
>>
>>9037496
nah ill be traveling up north to canada
>>
>>9037143
>>9037143
>>9037143
>>
>>9038171
facebook group, and search for pictures taken at fanimecon (location)
>>
Fanime this year was a total let down. The panels were not interesting enough to go to where they were being held. The 1 panel I did go to was Anime to see before you die, and I thought it was very well done. The staff never seemed to know what was going on and from what I experienced, was very rude. Me and the rest of my con family is skipping next year.
>>
Fanime was less fun than other years, although for me that largely had to do with my Sans costume leading to me having heat stroke for most of the con.

I still had fun though, CWF was a blast, linecon, although I wasn't expecting it, wasn't as bad as it could have been, and there were a lot of neat costumes.

I got to hang out with a really drunk Rick Sanchez and feed him pick up lines for cosplayers (a few I remember were "Can I awaken your Force?" to a Rey cosplayers, and "Is this the right castle?" to a Peach cosplayer)

Even if the heat sapped most of my witiness and made me not able to think of much in character to say (I thought of the above lines when it had cooled down a bunch), I was still able to hand out a skele-ton of candy and caprisun and treats to people.

I look forward to next year, and Sacanime winter, where I won't be broiling in the Sans costume.
>>
>>9038268
sorry about the rude staff, I was volunteering and all the staff in the departments I was working (e-gaming, tabletop gaming, registration, panels, dealer's hall) were nice, at least the ones who I interacted with
>>
>>9038734
I was a battle sprite mettaton that you gave a caprisun to. You were a lifesaver, as I couldn't really use the water fountains because of my makeup, and I'm sorry that it didn't end up going as well as you would have liked. I wish I could have made it up to you.

The drunk Rick and Morty were hilarious. They came by me on Sunday night while I was hanging in the halls, and they said I was "Megatron".
>>
>>9038268
Just curious, are you planning to go to AX?
>>
I think next year will be a make or break year for them. Higher ups know exactly what problems need addressing, so it's really on them and their staff to deliver. The last "good" Fanime in recent memory was 2014, where thet abolished the Fairmont Maze LineCon, and things in general moved really smoothly. The con is definitely at a crossroads: they know they're big enough that they can't afford to make rookie mistakes anymore, and they can't grow any further if they keep putting stuff on the backburner until it's too late. At least to me, either they perform and perform well next year, or they may very well see a drop in attendance.
Thread posts: 358
Thread images: 76

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.