[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Local comm thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 19

File: xq9g.jpg (363KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
xq9g.jpg
363KB, 1280x853px
Talk about your local comm and don't get the thread deleted again.
>>
I'm going to Colossalcon next weekend to have sex with my husbando. How's the Ohio Comm?
>>
>>9027427
Not wanting sex with your husband.
>>
Why did it get deleted?
>>
>>9027427
why do you need to specifically go to a con to have sex? why was this relevant to share?
>>
>>9027925
>>9028566
I'm not having sex with a 3D pig disgusting male. 2D is da best. (´ー`)

But in all seriousness, how's the Ohio Comm?
>>
>>9028554

some weird portland girl
>>
my comm is one for a specific city. But the meets are always in the suburbs. I live in the city I have no way to get there. Why is no one planning meets in the city the comm was made for >:(
>>
>>9028727
Why are you not planning them?
>>
>>9028727
why don't you try to plan one near you?
>>
>>9028727
Do some work for yourself you dumb shit.
>>
>>9027424

Vegas comm? Planning to visit there next month and wanted to see what they're like. How many mods, problem people, etc.
>>
>>9028573
What comm are you originally from?
>>
Is anyone going to Portland ILD?
>>
>>9028742
fair. just kinda new to my comm. don't know many people yet because i recently moved
>>
>>9030155
I am from the Westeros Comm.
>>
>that one obnoxiously 'accepting' girl who always tries to be holier than thou when you have the tiniest complaint about someone, but is actually the rudest/bitchiest behind everyones backs.

I'm sure there's one of these in most comms/groups of girls (its a much more female trait than male i think), but damn its so childish and unnecessary. Yes speak up for people if you think someone is being cruel, but sometimes people jsut need to get something off of their chest/are saying something not even mean and you don't need to be obnoxious about it.

At our last meet me and her were talking about what we liked about what people were wearing, and this one girl was wearing something form bodyline, which wasnt hideous but just didnt suit her so i said that and the obnoxious one was like "you shouldnt judge her just because she was wearing bodyline :) not everyone can afford brand :) but youre a lovely person so im sure you didnt mean it like that :))))))". Like wtf bitch that wasnt what i said at all, and if you think im being out of order just call me out on it, dont do the whole nicey nice thing to try and win points or whatever.

Yet she's the first to make nasty comments about people in the form of backhanded compliments like "honestly i think shes a bit fat to wear lolita. but she has such a nice face, its a pity she wont lose a few pounds" (not that i necessarily disagree with stuff like this sometimes, but if youre going to call other people mean for saying stuff its a bit hypocritical, and the girl she was talking about wasnt even fat, she just has quite a round head and slightly wider than average shoulders and losing weight isnt going to do anything about a wide + short skull and large frame)

Sorry for the essay!
>>
>>9028573
We are doing fine. Thank you for asking.

In all seriousness tho, there's a variety of members from younger, older, newer, and more seasoned. People who coord really great and people who haven't had time or money to really build up their wardrobe yet. Lots of college students. Colossal used to see more lolitas from the MI community and some of the Ohio people, but I don't think a lot of them were able to get rooms at the Kalahari so a lot of them are not going from what I've been told.

You're probably going to see more of the Northern people and others from other states at this con. Also a lot of active lolitas also participate in cosplay so they might not bring any coords to this con, or if they do, only wear them for part of a day. Also there are a variety of con itas that aren't involved in the community at all, and only show up at conventions. I see them all the damn time. The conventions down in Columbus bring out the more central people. People in this particular comm aren't as willing to travel far outside their zone meets and conventions. Myself included, kinda, but only because I hate driving 2+ hours alone, but I'll do it for a con, because at least I'm staying all day or for a weekend and I enjoy seeing people in the comm I don't normally see in my specific area.
>>
>>9030170
I aaaaam
>>
>>9030661
lol
>>
Is anyone excited for the A-Kon tea party? I believe it's their first one since it started, so I am curious to see how it turns out.
>>
>>9030170
Yuuuuuup
And from what I heard someone destroyed the last thread bitching about it so let's not do that again
>>
Sometimes I wonder what it'd be like to come from a comm that's riddled with drama just because my comm is so completely chill. (Aside from one person who's lovely to people's faces and then talks shit as soon as they're out of earshot, but she doesn't come to meets that often.)

The only negative thing I can say about my local comm is that the meets are all almost identical. I want to suggest we try something other than going to a teashop but I'm not sure how without sounding like I'm criticizing.
>>
>>9030838
You don't even have to suggest anything. You can just go ahead and arrange your own meet
>>
>>9030708
I won't be wearing lolita for the Con. I rather wear it for meetups, not for conventions where weebs might touch my dress with their grubby hands and grope me. I might cum and say hi.

Do they coord well or will I have to call the Ita Police?

>>9030768
Hey at least we know when winter is coming.
>>
>>9030835
someone destroyed the last thread by harassing someone who is attending
>>
>>9030851
>I might cum and say hi.
You sound fucking gross.
>>
File: 1452988940795.png (176KB, 615x494px) Image search: [Google]
1452988940795.png
176KB, 615x494px
>>9030930
I don't think you comprehend puns well.
>>
>>9030851
Well, we will be around. I've never had issues with weebs wanting to touch my dresses but some people will politely ask and I'll let them if they don't seem nasty or are genuniely interested in texture or specifics of the dress.

Not the con itas. A few of them regularly show up in ita threads here. So enjoy that feast for your eyes.
>>
>>9030851
Do people really try to touch your dress? I've never had that happen before except with some veteran comm members who always ask first before touching and always have clean hands.
>>
>>9030921
>someone
There were a couple of us
>>
>>9030930
God dammit autocorrect.
>>
>>9031314
Hrm the last comm thread I found didn't seem to have much drama? Maybe I'm bad at finding threads on there.
>>
>>9028573
Our Comm is a mixed bag. We some good/well-coordinated lolitas, then there are some that haven't progressed on the learning curve. Some of us are cosplaying, but there's a fashion show and tea party at the Con so come join us.

Sort off topic to the poster's reply, but is anyone concerned about the lack of meetups in the last year? There used to be a lot more. Plus a few lolitas have dropped off the radar (R has) or left the fashion entirely (K has).
>>
>>9030815
Just from looking at who is attending, don't expect much anon
>>
>>9027427
Haha didn't you see the secrets posts from ohayocon? Be careful around those girls
>>
>>9031728
Do you mean the special guest?
I'll be up front, I like tea parties for the what they are. Guests don't make it or break it for me, so I don't judge a tea party's success or failure based on what big or small name they have attending. To each their own, of course.
>>
>>9030661
Iron islands comm here, I hope you faggots are ready for all the salt when we come to visit the mainland
>>
Restarting the conversation from the last thread that died a horrible death. I too am tempted to become a lone lolita for the same reasons OP mentioned. I've made a few friends, and I think I'm content with that. I've tried my best to make friends with the other members too, but aside from us liking the same clothes, we have absolutely nothing in common. Also, my schedule almost always conflicts with the comms so I just wear lolita on my own a lot. Sometimes friends come along, but then I hear through the grape vine that I'm getting negative attention for having "private meet ups" or that I'm "trying to be the new queen" or some paranoid shit like that. I don't really know what to do at this point. Is it possible to have a balance between being part of the community to enjoy certain perks like ILD and whatever, but not deal with the guilt trip of wearing lolita on my own? I don't know how to reassure my comm that I'm not trying to start a new comm, I'm not trying to be a mod, I just want to wear my dresses on my days off! Fucking crisps.
>>
>>9031926
I wouldnt worry about them desu. If you wear it on your days off, or with friends you've made our had, that's not trying to be anything but yourself. People are just jelly that you have the confidence and friends to wear Lolita outside meets.
>>
>>9031926
Don't worry about it. There are always sour grapes and attention whores who freak out for not being invited to everything and knowing everything. It's like they still have the high school mentality that if you don't "hang out"/"private meetup" with them, you automatically hate them and look down on them. I wager that they have their own private meets, or just have no friends in general.

I suggest that you stay in the comm for larger events and still go out with your regular friends. It's not a big deal.
>>
>>9030128
Careful.
Isn't that Clamidiya-chan's comm?
>>
>>9031782
Same here! Even though they didn't get many guests to start it still looks like it'll be fun.
>>
>>9031960

Not sure who that was until I looked her up but it looks like so. Does anyone know if she is still active in that comm?
>>
>>9031926
It's funny, last meetup our comm actively encouraged people to just wear lolita alone or just invite a few people out because the mentality of trying to make sure everyone can come to events makes it so we only have one or two meets a month at most.

I dunno, just say you can't attend a lot of meets but want to get the most wear out of your dresses. If the other comm members can't get that then they're just not for you.
>>
I am heading to PCC unexpectedly, any Phx/AZ lolitas going to still be around on Sunday?
>>
>>9030170
How is the Portland comm? I've been debating on moving there or Seattle after I finish school.
>>
>>9032718
Vegas lolita. I can confirm she hasn't attended a meetup in nearly six months, so I think you're safe.
>>
>>9032733
Yes and no for me. I'll be there but due to volunteeringthis year it won't be feasible to wear lolita that day. We are meeting up Friday, but it is a reservation situation.
>>
>>9032970
Average. Good lolitas, bad lolitas. Enough people that you'll find a friend group to suit your personality.
>>
>>9031926
Same here. I was a lone lolita before I joined my comm and wear my clothes as often as I can, but often can't make it to comm meets. Whenever pictures surface of me chilling out in lolita by myself or with (non-lolita) friends, certain people start murmuring about me thinking I'm too good to hang out with them. It's ridiculous.
I think it has a lot to do with the fact that the majority of girls in my comm only wear lolita for meetups and conventions so maybe the idea that someone actually wears lolita without trying to appeal to others is alien to them.
>>
File: 1455291730054.jpg (60KB, 900x805px) Image search: [Google]
1455291730054.jpg
60KB, 900x805px
I went to a meet recently, and a lot of girls brought their S.O.s. Some of them were kind and polite, but there were a few who were just so loud and embarrassing. They were talking way too loudly, swearing, and making crass jokes in public. They dressed and acted so sleezy and slobby. I was looking around for someone, and when I glanced at one girl's boyfriend, he winked at me. To make it worse, I feel like they brought out the worst in their girlfriends. The girls who were usually polite and mild mannered were doing the same embarrassing shit as them.

Not to be like "lolitas r supposed to be lovelies" or "no boys allowed" but damn it's embarrassing to be with a large group of adults acting like this. I always kind of dread seeing "I'm bringing a +1!" on event pages.
>>
>>9031932
>>9031946
You guys are totally right. I'm just going to do whatever I want lol

>>9032723
Your comm sounds cool, anon. I wish my comm would promote outside interactions.

>>9034109
You make a good point! Most of my comm members are con/meet up only lolitas. It kind of sucks that they have to rain on our parades when they could just easily wear their clothes by themselves. I'll never understand those kinds of people, honestly. I need to wear them, or I can't justify buying more haha
>>
>>9034131
the girl who got me into my local comm has a boyfriend who goes to meets as well, who is pretty obnoxious and loves picking fights with me over facebook for some reason. I don't really get it since I'm pretty sure he's not a brolita or ouji or aristo or anything, so does he just.. awkwardly walk along?
I'm kinda dreading meets but at the same time the girl herself is really cool so like, fuck
>>
File: image.png (52KB, 444x287px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
52KB, 444x287px
>>9034131
I don't mind lolita SOs as long as they're not obnoxious and not dressed like slobs, but for reason, they were added to the comm's FB group page as well. I don't understand why.
>>
>>9034172
I would just set my profile to private and delete him if I were you. That's messed up that he likes to fuck with you. He sounds like a tool.
>>
>>9034617
*for some reason
How did I not catch that until now?
>>
>>9034172
yeah just do what the other lolita said. you have no obligation to be friends with him, just block and delete. maybe before you do that, screencap the messages with his name and face on it (if you do this after you block him it'll just be like "Facebook User") should you need them in the future for any reason. but yeah the solution seems pretty simple to me - regardless of if the girl is cool or your friend just delete him off on FB if you don't wanna be friends with him.
>>
>>9034667
>>9034791
eh, I admit I have a competitive/argumentative personality so I might've helped it along at times, but recently I've just been dropping any conversation/thread he shows up in. we're not FB friends but we're in several groups together. he seems to have some superiority complex since he's a good several years older than most of the people in those groups, me included.
he's just shit annoying and it makes me sad, the girl and I are both typical salty seagulls but he's outright a dick. thanks for the advice/support anyway anons, it's appreciated
>>
>>9034805
Block him so you don't have to ever see his stupid comments ever again! Since you guys aren't friends on fb, I doubt anyone will notice and try to talk to you about it.
>>
>>9034839
he probably will though (and might try to get to me through the gf) because he's part of the comm group and the comm is really small. meh, he hasn't been coming after me specially or anything so I think it's ok for now. thanks though
>>
>>9027424
Probably not going to do much with the local comm anymore, too many people in it I find insufferable and I'm much happier dressing up on my own anyways.
>>
>girl leaves comm and deletes almost all comm friends, even "close" friends and moves across globe without warning, without messaging anyone
>was one of original comm founders
>2 years later
>she still wears lolita and attends events
>still no explanation or contact

Is this normal?
>>
>>9037624

some people just need to cut their old life out and start fresh, she doesn't owe anything to you, let her live her life
>>
>>9034042
I will only be around Sunday, anyway.
>>
File: unrelated.jpg (91KB, 600x734px) Image search: [Google]
unrelated.jpg
91KB, 600x734px
>getting removed from a community after one weekend

fuckit
>>
>>9037694
deets?
>>
Atlanta comm has a new thread on lolcow. Good for them.
>>
>>9037694
What happened?
>>
>>9030661
Your comm is just a bunch of wannabe kawaii ambassadors fighting for efame when we all know that D in the Essos comm is the true kawaii ambassador.
>>
When someone makes a big deal about leaving lolita, do you usually unfriend/unfollow them? It's not like I have any issues with them, I just have nothing in common other than the lolita community, which they're no longer involved in, I don't really care about their other stuff.
>>
>>9038021

I'm considering leaving lolita at the moment, and just for a view of the other side of things, I'd probably unfriend people I only had lolita in common with. It's not like I'd ever really see them once I'd left anyway.
>>
>>9027424
Is there a Rebeccablack thread for the old deleted thread?
>>
>>9027424
What do you when you have that one member who's always bitching about low attendance to meetups, but never goes to any meetups? Bitch just told me to delete a event because so few people are marked as going. Where does she have room to talk?
>>
What's the break out of sweet/gothic/classic lolitas in the SF comm? From the pics I saw, it really looked sweet dominated. I couldn't find one picture of a gothic lolita. For such a big comm, this makes me really sad. I'm moving there soon and wonder if I'm going to enjoy just talking about AP and whatnot all the time.
>>
>>9038286
There is not a lot of online presence for girls in SF who wear more gothic lolita, but it is predominantly classic and sweet. The ratio for gothic:classic:sweet is probably 2:5:3 imo
>>
>>9038155
Ignore and enjoy the meet. Just because it's few attendees doesn't mean the meet can't be enjoyed.
>>
>>9037624

I feel like I know her. Idk. She seemed flighty and impulsive to me? But what she did seemed to be really good for her. I sort of envy her life - if she has both the money and free time to fly to all sorts of international lolita events more power to her.
>>
>>9037624
Irish comm?
>>
>>9038286
The monthly meet is mostly new people nowadays and they are mostly sweet. Go to meets with older people and they wear mostly classic.
>>
>>9038147
>https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/cgl/thread/S9024465
>>
>>9037624
That's pretty normal and I'm happy for her
>>
How was Paradiso? Anyone go?
>>
>>9039589
I only attended day one but I loved it. It was a little awkward at first because I only recently joined the KC comm and didn't know anyone and there were a handful of people from other states. For the most part everyone was decently dressed, some better than others for sure. I would go next year if they do it again.
>>
>>9039902
Did you feel like you got your money's worth? I know Lolitas love flinging money at stuff and I definitely shelled out for Rufflecon (weekend pass with tea party tix whatuppppp) but Paradiso seemed a little light for the price.
>>
>>9039589
I went. It was fun-the event itself was pretty meh..honestly. The shops didn't have much and I didn't really think there was much stuff going on with it, but I had a lot of fun. Mostly because I got to spend time with some good friends of mine I don't see often. Kansas City was amazing though!
>>
>>9039912 I felt like I got my money's worth considering it was a small, first time event. The venue was nice and the booths that they did have, had nice products. I liked the consignment shop a lot. I bought APs Day Dream Carnival salopette in lavender(my first brand!!!). The food wasn't crazy fancy but it was good and served buffet style so you could have as much or as little as you wanted. Classical music played overhead the entire time. I would have liked a few more activities... Maybe some kind of "get to know each other" kind of thing so someone like me who went alone wouldn't have felt as awkward. These are things that can definitely be improved upon next year and probably will be.
>>
>>9038286
You sound really boring to be around
>>
$40 for my comms ild seemed very steep after what it actually was. Activities were actually just activity.
>>
>>9041771
The event was average, but at least it's not at the backroom of a dodgy pub, or worse, a picnic.
>>
File: no.png (156KB, 488x560px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
156KB, 488x560px
This was posted to my comm's page and maybe I am just no fun but I think this is stupid as shit
>>
>>9041775
Agreed.
>>
>>9041784
Yeah, this sounds really cringe.
>>
>>9030679
Why would you need to get someone wearing bodyline off of your chest? Sorry, but that's comes off as really stupid to say around a group of people you don't know for sure you can say that stuff around. If it were something about their personality sure I could understand that, but when it's physical appearance you've screwed yourself. Though the other girl sounds more cringey desu, she was also just not wrong in that instance to address your behavior.
>>
>upcoming meet
>some discussion about the exact date
>some girls can only go on Saturday, others only on Sunday etc.
>one chick replies "I can't come on any day xD unless someone wants to lend me a lolita outfit bcus I have none xDD"
bitch who are you and why are you here
>>
>>9038286
There are a lot more girls who wear classic (and a lot of them wear OTT classic) than sweet, and hardly anybody wears gothic. I wear gothic and old school lolita though, but not a lot of people recognize what I'm wearing at meets, especially my old school stuff.
>>
>>9041886
I don't understand why admins let people in comms who don't even have coordinates and say they are ~lolita admirers~. If I was running a comm, I would make it a requirement for people to have at least one complete coord before joining.
>>
I'm irritated with the private meets in my com.
It is their right to do so, but they put the photos all over social media with 'just met up with some friends for tea! ' all your friends just happen to be other well dressed lolitas? You don't know any body else?
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 102x191px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 102x191px
>>9042207
>>
>>9042207
I used to be upset when I saw girls in my community hanging out without me, it felt very exclusive and it felt bad to be left out. However, after getting to know them and becoming friends, I've come to realize that the "private meets" I got so salty about were really just friends hanging out, it wasn't some purposefully elitist thing. It's sucks that you feel excluded, but you can try to make better friends with the girls you see hanging out together, and you might be pleased to find yourself getting invited! A lot of the time it really just is that you aren't close with them so they might not know you want to hang out.
>>
>>9042236
Also adding on to this, I don't want to see my entire comm every time I dress up in lolita, that would be exhausting. It's nice to dress up and hang out with a small group.
>>
>>9042207
I literally don't.
>>
>>9042236
>>9042231
I'm 99% a lone lolita so I would not go to them or expect to be invited when i go to 1 or 2 meetup a year. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>>9042207
I have a few friends outside of lolita but we never do anything worth posting on social media when we hang out.
>>
>>9042247
>I-it's not like I wanted to go to their meet!
> B-Baka!!!
>>
>>9042207
In mine the "just hanging with friends" line is a lie, they are actual private meet-ups.
>>
>>9030679
god i hate when people do those obnoxious smiley faces.
>>
>>9042251
I don't even know these girls? Jfc stay salty
>>
>>9042207
in my comm they actually have invite-only private comm meets to keep out the ita
>>
>>9042207
Are you implying that it is a private meet for only well-dressed people and not friends? We have multiple groups of friends. Most of them get into it around the same time or formed around similar lifestyles and interest. Some groups know each other because they also cosplay, some are all hyper highschoolers, some are students, some have been around for ages and are just too old to relate to the younger crowd who are usually not as well dressed. It is not an elitism issue, it is just people with similar styles or experience flock to one another. The friend groups in my comm very often seem to share love for a certain sub-style. Lolita is my main hobby and I would have less to talk about with a person that isn't very familiar with brands except guiding them. I'm friendly with them, but I wouldn't invite a newcomer immediately to a meet for close friends.
>>
>>9042256
But who cares? If they are actually your best friends and they are leaving you out then that sounds like a personal issue not a lolita comm issue. Why are people expected to invite their whole community every time they want to wear lolita?
>>
>>9042260
I'm the one who's salty? I'm not the one complaining on cgl about being excluded from a group of girls I don't even know.
>>
>>9042268
I don't care, I'm only pointing out that the "just friends" line isn't always true
>>
>>9042266
Different anon but in my old comm we would say we were all really good friends but truthfully I didn't know many of them very well at all. We would also vet well dressed newbies after they had been to a few meets. I felt really guilty about it because there were some very nice people who weren't very well dressed. I see the same thing going on in my new country's comm and don't want to be involved with that again.
>>
>>9042271
I guess I don't really see the difference since I'm assuming a private meet is what it is because it's made up friends who are close to each other
>>
>>9042256
I consider what I do as "hanging out with friends" but I can't control my friends to do the same. If someone wants to call it a meet up, it's their choice. I don't understand why anyone would get upset over that. It's their life? And they can post wherever they want. It's okay to feel sad or left out about not getting an invite, but maybe talking shit about it on cgl isn't the best way to go.
>>
>>9042256
Look who else wasn't there. Were all well-dressed girls there? Some group of friends just are all well dressed. People are more inclined to adapt faster when they are surrounded by people with higher standards. I have meets with only well-dressed girls, because they are all my friends who I have known through the fashion for years. Thus we all have years of experience. By the time we have seen enough of the newer people to invite them they started dressing well as well. There are other well dressed girls, plenty of them, but I'm not close to them so we keep to the smaller group we already have. They really aren't private meet-ups in disguise.
>>
>>9042279
No lots of comms have private meets just so they can get pictures with other nice looking people not fatties and itas. I'm not judging this, just stating it as a fact. In fact I've seen people admit it on here so I don't know why this is news
>>
After going to my first meet up and seeing how my comm handles it, I can see why it would be a good thing to do private events. There was 20 girls, a good third were ita or had personality issues.
On another note:
It's actually not too hard to make connections, even if you're shy, making conversation sparingly is enough. I asked to walk with someone who was dropping things off at thier car, and we bonded over the stupidest thing that wouldn't have happened otherwise. I now just cannot see why it would be such a big deal. This is coming from someone who it's mostly introverted.
>>
>>9042207
>You don't know any body else?

I'm obviously not the only one, but that is true for me as well. My non-Lolita friends are all dudes (people I work with or play tabletop games with) and my female friends are all Lolitas. If we go out somewhere together, chances are high that we will dress up, and if we dress up we want to post pictures.

As a leader in my community, I constantly worry about how to keep things inclusive, but it can be incredibly exhausting. Sometimes I just want to get nice food with a few friends or go somewhere 21+.

It's incredibly unreasonable to demand that every time more than one Lolita goes out together it must be a meetup, and all meetups must be open. For those of us in larger communities, it's not only ridiculous but impractical.
>>
>>9042319
I just think it's weird to only be friends with other well dressed lolitas. You don't know a single girl who is maybe not as nice looking? Apparently its common according to this thread but I just find that really odd.
>>
>>9042356
Is it so weird to think that people who are well dressed can have a lot of common? I think my friend group tends to be mostly well dressed girls since we are all older and have careers. I just don't have as much to talk about with 20 year olds or people younger than that.
>>
>>9042356
I'm friends with plenty of girls that don't dress as well, they just aren't in my core group that I have known for years, it isn't that odd. Your confusing friends for best friends.
>>
>>9042369
My friends group is similar to yours in age but some people have a quirkier style. Same thing in my previous comm. It's easier to dress well when you're older and have money but it's not a guarantee. So yes I do find it odd
>>
File: nailshill.png (25KB, 487x306px) Image search: [Google]
nailshill.png
25KB, 487x306px
Why does shit like this keep getting posted? First that awkward jewelry meet that fell through and now this shit. When do we get someone shilling Avon?
>>
>>9041784
>=^.^=
>*shifty eyes*
>cosplay lolita
No you're right, this is retarded
>>
>>9042301
As long as you have some social skills it's not hard to make conversation or small talk.

My recommendation to anyone lurking in these threads who is worried about attending meets, maybe try having a conversation with other lolitas online. Whether it's a pen pal, a tea part chat, or a topic thread it all serves as good material for in-person conversation points.
>>
>>9042405
I don't have trouble making friends or being social but for whatever reason I don't get along with my comms "elite" group. Oh well.
>>
>>9042439
Then don't hang out with the leets?
I'm sure there are plenty of girls you could talk to that are well dressed and polite but find themselves in the same boat as you. When I say plenty, I mean that there's at least one. Personally, I don't see myself making more than a handful of meaningful connections through lolita. You don't have to know everyone out the best to get a decent return on your time investment.
>>
>>9042474
Where did I complain about it? I don't have anything in common with them so I don't care. My point is that "just talk to people" isn't a cure all for people who want to go to such meets. I have plenty of other friends in the comm.
>>
>>9042479
Did I mention you were complaining? It doesn't seem that way. Anyway, the idea behind my post really just boils down to this:
Why do you care?
>>
>>9042515
I don't care. Holy fuck I just brought it up to point out that being social doesn't solve every problem for people who want to be in the "leet" groups. Maybe other people want to be in them to feel good or get good pictures or have people that can lend them nice stuff. Who knows
>>
What's the lolita/j-fash scene like in the Carolinas? I'm assuming fairly nonexistent, but it would be nice to know that their are other people who share my interests who live in the upstate SC area. Hell, even Charlotte or Asheville. I'm just so ronery ;-;
>>
>>9042405
>maybe try having a conversation with other lolitas online.
Gonna blog post so watch out!

I tried this and had zero fucking luck. Always seemed like we had nothing in common and that I was doing most of the typing and I just gave up on it. I wasn't really interested in joining a comm because it seemed like the one closest to me was full of weebs and people I wouldn't have things in common with. Also I'm getting old and a lot of girls are younger than me. The age thing is only a problem because sometimes I'll hang out with someone younger than me and I talk about having a full time job and they're just like "what's having a job like??" because they're in college and all their shit is paid for.

I used to be the kind of person that could make all kinds of "friends" online but it just faded away from my personality or something. Nothing feels like it clicks anymore, and maybe it's cause I have a full time job and my life is different.

but anyway - I joined my local comm and met lots of girls my age who are ridiculously nice, and I've never seen so many supportive generous people in a room before.
Even if girls come here to anonymously bitch about each other after, at least it's nice to go to a meet up and be in some kind of utopia where everyone is nice to each other and everyone does nice things. And it's a real thing that you can do.
>>
>>9042393
My mom used to get caught up in pyramid schemes when I was a kid. Shit is so embarrassing.
>>
>>9042378
>Your confusing friends for best friends.
This sounds so childish. What does that even mean.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1465312927696.jpg (61KB, 849x850px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1465312927696.jpg
61KB, 849x850px
Can someone explain wtf was this sissy doing at the tea party and swap meet? He placed himself in front at the group picture and no one else seemed to be bothered.
>>
>>9043738
That's our new weird lolita. If you look at the June meet they actually seem kind of serious about being a lolita.

They make me uncomfortable but I don't want to rule him out if they're nice and just ugly and unable to read. That possibly-40 thing creeps me out though.
>>
>>9042207
I understand what you are saying but think about it like this. Girls who have a lot of experience probably started around the same time and know each other better.

Also I've done 2 "private" meetups. One was my birthday and the other was a graduation party. My comm has +200 people in it and I've met maybe 20 of them in person so obviously I'm not going to invite the whole comm to my birthday party XD
>>
>>9043738
Idk if the person is nice, they could always just be that unfortunate trans person who transitioned late in life and didn't have enough to spend on plastic surgery (but definitely looks like sissy material)
>>
>>9043738
He looks EXACTLY like this old man that posted in Lolita Humor a few times

He posted pictures of himself wearing latex maid outfits. It was weird.
>>
>>9042393
I'm laughing, I work for the company that pays out for Jamberry. It's not legally a pyramid scheme because they don't solely make money off of creating a downline but from what I heard you can get the same quality nail stickers from a drug store and for half the price. They also are usually not Lolita appropriate either so pretty sad she would be asking in her comm if people are interested.
>>
>>9043871
Well that's not terrifying or anything.
>>
>>9043738
>>9043743
I want this guy out of the comm. How did the mods let this slip through?

We have a lot of age groups that stick together, which is reasonable. But I feel very uncomfortable that this 40 something year old man is trying to socialize with younger women, as most of our comm is either younger twenties or very late 20s.
>>
>>9043961
Bring it up to the mods. He didn't behave inappropriately during the tea party and he's never been to any meets. They probably will give him benefit of the doubt until he fucks up.
>>
>>9043871
He is. They looked like just low quality maid outfits though
>>
>>9044020
They were latex, he was talking about it in a comment when he posted it, I checked his profile too and he had a lot of latex maid/lolita costumes
>>
>>9044034
Okay that's skeevy. Why were they latex, what kind of tea are you spilling
>>
>>9044051

>why were they latex anon pls
>>
>>9044055
I am trying to pretend he's not our comm's first creepy sissy and give him benefit of the doubt
Let me delude myself just this once
>>
File: latex.jpg (41KB, 508x508px) Image search: [Google]
latex.jpg
41KB, 508x508px
>>9044051
All I remember was he posted the picture on Lolita Humor in response to someone talking about like, wearing loltia when its hot or something

I found the post but I guess he deleted the picture from it. But hes also commented on a joke picture of an adult baby maid costume with "looks super cute" so I dunno man. It looks like hes deleted a lot of his latex photos actually so MAYBE he's trying to get away from that, or at least hiding it better?

He still has this though.

>>9044058
Im sorry anon, its better people know
>>
>>9043961
Sissys aside, that's absurd. Adults can socialize with adults.
>>
>>9044067
This is true. As long as he doesn't make the next meets uncomfortable.
>>
>>9044070
The adults are not the issue, it's the kiddos that are part of the comm. Perhaps my implication was unclear. I would be largely uncomfortable if he tried to make friends with girls still underage, as appears to be the pattern in most comms with sissies.
>>
>>9042207
Honestly, I've hosted public meetups that was open for the entire comm to attend in the past, but I stopped because the most recent meetups I've done were sabotaged by other members. The last straw was when a comm member took it upon herself to plan her own version of a meetup that I had already been planning for a month at the time, and she scheduled it just days after mine.

tl;dr I'm not ashamed to do private meetups anymore at this point. It's easier, a lot less frustrating, and I can hang out with the friends in my comm that I can actually trust without random people ruining it for everyone else.
>>
>>9044067
There is absolutely nothing wrong with this picture.
Nope, no red flags whatsoever.
>/sarcasm
>>
>>9042207
How about find your own group of friends in the comm and make your own "private meets"? Or just hang out with good friends that aren't into lolita? A comm doesn't have a collective mindset even if individuals share a hobby/interest. If the meets are impeding on
the public meetups, then that is an issue.
>>
>>9044242
It's called 'grooming'
>>
>>9042602
I know there is a NC comm but it doesn't seem all that active. If you're willing to drive for a minute VA comms are pretty active.
>>
>>9042602
NC comm is reasonably active, at least in the Raleigh area. We usually have at least one or two meetups a month. Look up North Carolitas and Carolina Kei on facebook. Carolina Kei is for both North and South Carolina, so you might be able to find some people who live closer to you.
>>
>>9042393
Everyone's too nice to say anything so it is just quietly ignored. Shhhh anon, maybe she'll get the hint and stop trying like the other one did.
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 572x447px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 572x447px
ah yes, i would love to spend $55 to eat cafeteria food at a public university during freshman orientation week.
>>
>>9044789
Made me snort in my tea anon, I just saw this too.
>>
>>9039589
It was alright. I enjoyed the people more than anything. So many lovely, nice people. There were some major things that turned me off personally. The location was a bit shady. Construction everywhere. The parking was awful too. I was expecting formal tea, not self serve. And it was store bought. For an upscale event, I was expecting something a bit more special. I think the vendors were appropriate considering this was a smaller event. Mingling activities would have been nice and easy to do with a smaller crowd, but not a deal breaker. Sunday tours were lovely. The lunch was good. I only wished it had been indoors because people were outside playing ball and it was warm. There were moments when it seemed not so organized. I was impressed by the artwork for the programs. So pretty. The privacy was well maintained on day one. NO creepers with cameras. Huge plus. That is my honest review. I would like to see this event occur again, but it should be a safer part of town with better parking.
>>
>>9044789

>guided tour of berkeley

brother I got a free fuckin plane ticket back in high school to visit some fancy ass private campuses, no way in fuck I'm paying $55 to visit a state school.
>>
>>9044824
Amen brrrrother.
>>
My com has become a bunch of girls who all get the same dress together , youtube it, make a themed meet to all wear the same dress.
It's become so boring I don't want to turn up anymore.
The worst is They are all efame hungry too and post on here alot. I just want lolita to be about being around people who wear the same fashion as me not who has the latest release and how much thier youtube gets.
>>
>>9041965
my comm has this and i bless them everyday for it
>>
>>9044881
Portland comm?
>>
>>9044890
Nah, their leets are super nice.
>>
has anyone ever experienced people stopping in somewhere during a meet like a bakery and no one buying anything? Just everyone taking up seats and tables? I bought a cupcake even though I wasn't hungry because I felt super embarrassed, but I wasn't sure what else to do. No one else seemed bothered.
>>
>>9044960

Why would they sit in a bakery if they're not even going to eat there? That's so shitty of them.
>>
>>9044966
We were visting some of the shops along that street and the bakery was one of them. I was kind of flabbergasted at how rude it was but I didn't want to seem like a bitch by speaking up, plus most of them I didn't know that well. I don't know what the most diplomatic way to handle a situation like that would be...
>>
>>9044890
nah somewhere else but it's good to know i'm not the only one with a comm like this
>>
>>9044991
You were in the right.
There have been times I've herded aspie neckbeards around drinking, didn't matter where we stopped, someone was buying enough to make those shitlords worth dealing with. You best believe I insisted. Men are so much easier to deal with sometimes, even the socially inept ones.
>>
>>9045043
Oh god one time I hosted a meetup at a sushi restaurant and four weebs showed up and when the check arrived they had NO WAY TO PAY so I had to cover for all their dumb asses. Who shows up to a restaurant without a way to pay?
>>
>>9044483
We prefer to call it "the farm team".

When they hit 21 they graduate to the majors.

>>9044789
Even worse, it's at Berkley. Say the wrong thing and you'll get lynched by a horde of bloodthirsty SJWs.

>>9044991
You did the right thing. If you're not in a position to get everyone else to behave ladylike, you can at least lead by example and not be part of the problem.
>>
File: girltalk.jpg (50KB, 472x335px) Image search: [Google]
girltalk.jpg
50KB, 472x335px
Are there any updated comm lists? All I can find are old ones, I don't even know if my local one has been active in years
>>
>>9044881
Some people in the SF comm has been doing this. Personally I think it looks fun and cute. I'm sad I didn't make the planetarium meet, I like meets where you get to learn.
>>
>>9045506
The planetarium meet was a clusterfuck bruh. It's meant for children, and there were a million in there crawling all over everything. Every ita and chronically late person in the comm went, and the shit weather made everything 10x worse
>>
>>9044890
That was my guess too
>>
>>9045374
What the fuck? Should have left them to wash dishes. Seriously
>>
>>9045614
Does the Portland comm make YouTube videos? I was going to guess the Australian comms with the Holy Lantern unboxing videos.
>>
>>9045041
I'm actually not in the Portland comm but I follow the girls who hosted their ILD. They seem so glamorous and I just assumed they were the ones OP was referring to. I'm glad to hear they're actually as nice as they seem!
>>
>>9045425
just admit to being summer
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1evXegSoFbfEXn8o0joeA-KFvolNKPKllgvaYqNgvOiw/edit#gid=1
>>
>>9045374
How old were they or what was their mental state? (like, were they y'know, simpleminded or something) If they were young or just retarded I could probably see that maybe they thought...everything was paid for or something? Honestly i'm interested in hearing their excuse - what did they say/how did they respond? I hope they paid you back or anon. I'd be fucking PISSED. It's one thing if it's just one person but FOUR OF THEM??? I'm surprised you didn't murder them or leave them to roll up their sleeves.
>>
>>9044960
Nah, even with normie friends I get super annoyed if someone makes plans for dinner or something and another person shows up but doesn't fucking order anything. I know not everyone has money or maybe you aren't interested, but why can't you speak about it and ask to go somewhere else, or ask to make free/low cost plans later? Especially when it's a meet. I find that unless it's really late or something most people are chill with hanging out after.

In my comm, there used to be a girl who would go to meets with not enough money I guess and she'd either beg people for cash OR come with nothing, not order anything, but beg people for their leftovers.
>>
>>9045627
The Australians don't make meets to show off or quadruplet to meets lol
>>
How is the Socal comm and their meets recently? I'm going to visit for vacation but sorta have free reign on what to do so I was interested in joining a meet.
>>
>>9045627
Lol that new group of lolitas trying to be the next deerstalkers are so ugly and have boring coords. Their thirst for efame is realand even have fake names
>>
>>9044960
Rude af, cafes have seating for customers not entitled bitches.
>>
>>9045904
Fake names are pretty common in lolita anon.
>>
>>9045904
>fake names

You know some people have internet handles right? Didn't know gamers were thirsty for e-fame by using fake names. Better let all the bloggers know that they're also thirsty for e-fame.

>>9045627
I don't think I've seen the Australian comms do themed meets? Other than Melbourne's Harry Potter meet
>>
>>9045883
Around what time are you visiting?
>>
>>9046005
Around the time of you shutting the hell up.
>>
>>9041784
This would be a cute idea for like, an anime, but not an irl thing
>Committing cute murder for profit
God damn that's fucking edgy
>>
>>9045850
Because we all don't want to be a samefag.
>>
>>9045985
>>9045988
Everyone in the comm knows their names. They don't use their online handles, just random names. It's not a big deal just cringeworthy to me

They also lie about buying brand, because I know one of them said in a video that she got HL when she only borrowed it for the video
>>
>>9046113
Not wanting to use real names on the internet is cringe now, cool
>>
>>9046005
end of june! ignore other anon, don't know what's their problem
>>
>>9045904
Their videos are pretty low-quality which makes details hard to see and hear during the talking. You would think they would invest in a better camera/microphone for filming unboxing videos.
E-fame hungry indeed, glad more people can see it.
>>
>>9046113
Just because the comm knows their names doesn't mean the rest of the world does. Just like gamers and other bloggers. The rest of the comm knew MF's real name yet no one blinks an eye at her using a nickname?

>also implying that you even know their real names
>>
>>9046202
She used her online tag, it wasn't like she introduced herself in videos as "Emily" or some other random name like they're doing.

Do you know how many people are in the Syd comm?
>>
>>9044067
>>9044067
Absolutelydisgusting.jpg
>>
>>9046218
Are you a walnut? Their nicknames are based off their internet handles

And how many people in the Syd comm give a fuck about people using nicknames
>>
>>9046254
Considering at least three people I can think of have used fake names that could be taken as real for privacy...? Yeah. Whoever is latching onto that bit is really grasping straws.
>>
>>9045904
Links? I wish we had a central lolita youtube hub. It's so difficult because lolita youtubers are usually so small anyway. Not like the docs, but like a feed for latest uploads and videos.
>>
>>9045904

Internet handles nonwithstanding, they are actually pretty fucking terrible youtube personalities. And I'm saying this as someone who can usually grit my way through some pretty cringey lolita video as there is an absolute scarcity of good lolita videos.
>>
>>9046264
Stop fishing for people to drop your sad desperate attempts for efame
>>
>>9046290
Take your meds paranoia-chan
>>
>>9045904
>>9046198
>>9046281

Nice self-posting, you're really upset that people are making vids aren't you :^)
>>
>>9046281
There are hundreds of other small youtubers you could focus on, I'm calling vendetta.
>>
>>9046338
You know you like people stirring the pot for you
>>
>>9044789
She also wants everyone to dress as schoolgirls...yeah no.
>>
Why can't you all just get along? Some people have bad costumes and stuff but who cares? Just be better than them
>>
>>9046309
Try harder mate if you think it is just one person. Don't deny it.
>>
File: image.png (17KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
17KB, 2000x1000px
Is there a Jamaica comm?

I'm new to the area & couldn't find a FB group.
>>
>>9031688
I feel this, too. Of course the most obvious solution is to stop complaining and start planning meets, but personally being from the southern end of the state I'm worried that attendance would be really low. I doubt the northern girls want to drive 3 or so hours down here...

Here's to hoping things pick up soon, I guess?
>>
>>9042405
I'm pretty good at small talk, but for some reason it always ends there. In my community there's a noticeable rift between the older, more experienced girls and the younger less experienced/ita girls. The older girls are a pretty close-knit clique who have outright admitted to planning their seating at tea parties so that no new people fit in at their table. I've been wearing lolita for over five years but only recently joined the local comm, so in their eyes I'm a newbie. This means I end up sitting with 'other' newbies. I always have fun at meet ups and can chat with these girls just fine but as someone in their mid-twenties it's not exactly easy to find new friends in a group of (so far) exclusively teenagers. Last meetup I spent most of my time talking to a girl who turned out to be 13.

tl;dr
>too "new" to sit at table with girls my own age
>too old to connect with teenagers
>enough social skills to enjoy meetups but not enough to make friends
bah
>>
I went to the ATX meetups I think three times when I was starting out? I dropped my spaghetti everywhere and ran at the mouth at the first one, but i got friendly with a few of the gals. I stopped going due to bad health issues/I couldn't coord worth a damn/ I didn't want to drop the spaghetti again/moving away, but everybody at ATX was pretty lovely to a newfag like me.
>>
>>9046954
I'm not sure how long you've been in your community, but my advice is to just keep at it! I have a close-knit lolita group but it took me years of attending meets to build it. Some of my current lolita friends were acquaintances that I only saw at meets for 3 or 4 years before we started hanging out outside of lolita.
>>
>>9043738
I was also pissed, that asshole ruined the whole fucking picture.
>>
>>9046959
Aw, well I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed coming to meets even if you're now moving and can't attend anymore. ATX is my home comm and I'm going to miss it a lot. I love hearing positive things about the group.
>>
So from a few threads back, a Texas lolita mentioned there are splits in a certain group in the northern part of the state. I heard rumors at A-kon that there's a second comm forming? I've heard about some fallouts between comm members but not sure if this is that or something else. Was just a bit confused since I'd never heard of the cliques until that anon mentioned them. I'd like to start going to meets and don't know what I'm walking into in that comm.
>>
>>9047459
There are a few splits but it seemed more based on friend gatherings than anything and it looks like most of its died off.

If there's a second comm forming then this is the first I heard of it. Just go to meets, make friends, if no one drags you into drama then you're good. That's just my advice with everything though.
>>
>>9047459
This is the first I have heard of a second comm forming. While there are cliques, everyone is civil at the larger gatherings for the most part.
There have been fall-outs with certain members, forcing people to pick sides, or ignore the cattiness all together.
To put your mind at ease, you won't see drama at a meet. Members from clique A will attend, so clique B will not show up and vice-versa.
>>
>>9045904
I wasn't aware of this, cause I don't pay attention to youtube, but good for them?
Also one of then is moving to Japan and is becoming an SS, so you guys should be greatful you'll get more options than CT. Not only that but someone else that speaks fluent english.

You think people would be happy about this...
>>
>>9030838
Why not etiquette classes? Most offer corporate workshops and group classes so if you call ahead of time and explain what your group is doing, they might can set something really neat. Why not go on a big group outing to a theater? You'll get to dress up, have fun, and plenty of time to talk afterward, watching a movie can also help break the ice for shy members. You could try a tarot reading class if such a place exists nearby, it's fun, it's uncanny, and the Victorians loved oddities as much as they loved tea.

You could take a day trip to an art museum, most have cafes in the museum or nearby as well as plenty of social areas to sit and converse, you'll likely get quite a few wanting pictures if the museum allows it.

There's plenty you could do... Just not a zoo, hiking, or a BBQ joint.
>>
>>9030838
I guess I'm saying just suggest something and explain how much fun it would be...

I got a bit excited when I heard you were wanting to suggest things other than a tea shop.
>>
>>9044067
He might just be a 40 year old man with a latex fetish who deleted all his latex photos because he was afraid people would get the wrong idea.

Perhaps he is simply a fabulous 40 year old man who cannot find other 40 year olds to partake in tea parties and dresses.
>>
>>9045822
I had a friend who would come to big dinners, not order anything, and finish up people's leftovers.
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>9044067
>tfw he liked your coord on CoF

My skin is crawling, I'm so uncomfortable
>>
>>9047843
>saving money and keeping good food from going in the trash

What a monster
>>
>>9042264
It's not that uncommon, really. Open comm meets ARE for everyone but the nicer meets are usually private and invitation-only. There is not a rule anywhere that requires inviting people just because they have bought some lolita clothes, nor is it rude to exclude the people that you just don't want to hang out with. I figure it's 'my meet, my rules' kind of thing.
>>
>>9041965
To be fair, it could scare away younger girls and first timers. Personally, I find it hard to understand why people who don't participate have joined the group.

A guy I know, who is a lovely guy and is in a 4 year relationship with a cosplayer, likes the page. He knows most of the people, but it's still... weird? He has zero creep intentions, but I still hate it.
>>
>>9043738
Is this SF?
>>
>>9047809
Yeah. No. That's not what this is, and your idealistic perspective is what prevents people from doing what needs to be done.
>>
>>9047809
That's gone past naive and hopeful straight into delusional. I wish it were true just as much as you do though.
>>
>>9048130
And what if everyone ate their food? You think he wouldn't pull a bitchfit?
>>
>>9045850
Yeah they have someone film it in HD instead
>>
>>9046309

Do you mean samefagging? Your sentence doesn't make much sense otherwise. Lurk more before you start throwing lingo around.
>>
>>9030679
I have one in my comm too anon. She is a complete hypocrite and unfortunately holds a position of power in the comm; and by that I mean she is normally the first point of contact for most newbies.

She is the classic two faced cunt. One minute she is lambasting the very existence of /cgl/, next laughing hysterically at all the un-pc jokes in lolitas against humanity. The very next minute preaching acceptance, tolerance and general niceness with a holier-than-thou attitude and on the flipside pulls out the most judgmental shopping-list when a newbie asks (genuinely) "what do you think makes someone ita?"

All of this would be tolerable if she didn't occasionally let slip the occasional bitchy comment. Or if she didn't take advantage of newer lolitas ignorance by selling them her very overpriced secondhand, feeding them false info and grooming them so they will forever stay under her thumb; "don't go talk to other lolitas anon, they are all caty cunts who will judge you and be mean behind your back.. You don't need that anon, your are perfect the way you are anon, you only need me anon.."

Once she made me so mad I turned sheet white and almost vomited in my lap mid meetup.
>>
File: image.gif (988KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
988KB, 500x281px
>>9048468
>>
>>9034109
The "queen bee" In our comm shat herself when she found out that I hungout with other comm members casually. If you don't care about stepping on toes it's actually pretty funny.

It just happens to be that I share a lot of hobbies with some of the other lolitas so it was a natural progression after we met for us to become close. Some times we just hang at my place and make crafty stuff or enjoy other hobbies (obviously we talk about lolita stuff as well), or if we feel like spontaneously going to X cafe we do and since we wear lolita casually we will normally be in lolita at the cafe. If people want to get butthurt over you having friends or wearing lolita casually fuck'em, just hang with the non-neurotic ones. I could think of nothing worse than having my clothes as only occasion wear.
>>
>>9048200
>A guy I know, who is a lovely guy and is in a 4 year relationship with a cosplayer, likes the page. He knows most of the people, but it's still... weird? He has zero creep intentions, but I still hate it.

I like my local lolita comm page because I know the girl and charge and like to support it. I would hope people would only judge me if I actually do something creepy, not because I lurk and occasionally like something.

>>9048412
The bitchfit would be the problem, not finishing food other people would toss.

>>9048488
>Once she made me so mad I turned sheet white and almost vomited in my lap mid meetup.

Ok, I gotta ask, what did she do to cause a reaction like that?
>>
>>9048468
at least they're not begging for paterons and more views on shitty animal cafes :^)
>>
>>9048550
Shut up Odi your moon face is the ugliest of them all. Everyone knows you're trying to outdo Deerstalker but you don't even come close with your shit quality videos and equally shit personalities to match.
>>
>>9038155
I think it is good to continue with meets as usual if there is currently a low attendance. I tend to find that deleting or cancelling meets only makes the problem worse. If you keep enjoying meets and post pics of everyone having fun, more people will feel compelled to come along and also have fun.

>>9045904
I really like Maya (is that how you spell it?) I think she is cute and fun. Also I don't really notice e-fame hungry, cause they never really talk or promote themselves. They are literally unboxing some dresses, saying how they feel about the dresses, having a laugh, are a little informative, and show a few details and show how it looks on.

Deerstalkers seem pretty ambitious with what they want to do in the future with film so it stands to reason that they need some videos to keep their viewership and create interest. I don't know why people are getting so salty and calling 'efame-whores' when it was a fun idea, and refreshing.
>>
>>9048562
Pretty much. Girls doing unboxings with friends are not efame hungry, sounds like a obvious vendetta. Never heard of these girls and yet they're claiming that they're e-fame hungry?

>>9048557
You're making it real obvious that you have a vendetta against these girls. Unboxing vids =/= outdo Deerstalkers. Might as well inform 99% of the lolitas on youtube doing unboxings that they're trying to outdo Deerstalkers. Or are Australians only allowed one youtuber per state?
>>
>>9048562
That person, and most of the others up thread really, isn't mad about Deerstalkers. They're salty about some new group of lolitas, possibly in the same community as the Deerstalkers girls, I'm not sure at this point because someone mentioned Portland, making videos of unboxings as well.

TL;DR: Petty wank about unboxing videos. I'm willing to bet it's someone who didn't get invited to participate in either video-making group but thinks they're a hotshit vlogger.
>>
>>9048557
>everybody knows
>200 views
>not trying to be a production company or make money
Literally nobody gives a shit except you
>>
I don't want to discuss a terribad youtuber if they are bad, cause that will just give them attention but... Who the fuck is Odi? I want to watch some apparently cringeworthy shit.
>>
>>9048724
Someone that has a vendetta against them, unless you're back to do some more samefagging
>>
>>9048733
No but seriously, I've watched the same lolita videos over at least twice and want something new. Post a link in the cringe thread if you don't want to put it here if it is that bad, I just want to see it. Unless Odi isn't bad at all, and people are vendetta-ring. either way I can't find this person via googling and want to see.
>>
>>9048739
it's just girls doing unboxings. Anon just has a stick up their ass because someone else is doing unboxings in the same country as Deerstalkers.
>>
I observed some of the Lolitas at PCC last weekend to see if the shit that goes down here is real or not. I can say you girls have some serious issues in shit smelling face syndrome. I tried to compliment a few of you for your outfits and you just kinda had this " yeah I know I'm perfect" attitude. I'm glad I cosplayed all weekend because holy Jesus you girls are unapproachable.
>>
>>9048837
found the douchbro who's mad he has no game. I bet your cosplays are shit
>>
>>9048837
lol but did you try? look bro, women don't want to be approached by creeps. lolita fashion is an insular and protective community. you either gotta have some serious game or be way less of a creepy NEET.
look at it this way: we buy expensive-ass dresses. we're self-sufficient. we don't need you. you need to offer us something, and I don't mean $. if you come in expecting some beautiful, well-dressed woman to get on her knees and suck your tiny penis as soon as you walk in the door, then you are mistaken and need to head on back to /r9k/.
>>
>>9048859

Um I'm a girl and I was interested in joining the community. I did my usual polite "excuse me" to several girls wearing baby and AP and they turned their noses up at me like I was inferior for trying to tell them they looked nice. Pull your ruffles out of your ass. You just made even more of a pony that you are all self centered stuck up bitches.
>>
>>9048911
Point not pony. Jesus autocorrect.
>>
>>9048911
Haha, nice try. What prints were they wearing? What were you wearing, supposed ita-chan?
>>
>>9048919
Calm down hostile chan Jesus fuck. One was wearing marine kingdom in pink, another in motie's cathedral in silver, another in CDC and someone else in a red baby old school op. There was only one that was genuinely nice and courteous of me complimenting them and that's Julianne.

When I approached the girls I was wearing regular garb since it was hot as balls. But that's no reason to be a stuck up bitch. I just wanted to say you all looked nice and you become hostile. Enjoy your salty attitude no wonder people think your a joke.
>>
>>9048942
my a what?
>>
>>9048911
dude you have to chill. if you don't have an in, people aren't going to talk to you, no matter how nice you are. that's just the way it is.
there's a huge comm near me and I'm a lone lolita because I don't use fb. I have made a ton of effort to talk to the admins via tumblr, email, their admission survey, etc. no dice. it sucks but it's how it is. sorry you got snubbed but it's not uncommon.
>>
Oh boy guys here come the whiny normies
>>
>>9048946
I don't want an in at this point. It's soo obvious with how the other anon is acting that maybe it's best to not touch the comm if they behave like that. No point in bothering with them if they can't take a regular compliment about them. Shame really. I was hoping this business move was going to move me to a better comm then what I was in. Guess I'm better off being alone with my closet of Brando.
>>
>>9048366

No, >>9045421 is the sissy from SF, he's long gone.
>>
>>9048942

Some people aren't worth it. Don't dwell on it.

I would still encourage you to join a comm though. Just because those three people weren't very nice doesn't mean everyone else is a bitch. I'm not extroverted by any means and I still found people close enough to hang out with at my old comm. You should definitely give it a shot and go in with an open mind.
>>
>>9048950
lol confirmed
>>9048952
>Brando
You should pick up Aquarium Carnival if you're looking for a marlin :y
>>
>>9048574
>a hotshit vlogger
lel how douchey
>>
>>9048958
>>9048946 here, it's true! and remember that the fashion is for you. it's great to have a comm to be with but i do it because i like it too.
i hope i can reach out to my comm someday. i'm a daily lolita but i never go to meets.
>>
>>9048958
Nah I think I'll pass on joining. Hostile-chan and the snobs from pcc have given me enough of how the comm is. I would much rather be alone and not be associated with that. Thanks for the offer but I'll be fine.

>>9048960
But I don't like the print. Why would I buy something I don't like. I got cdc and didn't like it. Aquarium carnival looks like the same to me just a few differences in the print. My closet is more AatP and and IW mingled with a bit of Moitie and atelier boz then any thing. I do own Victorian tassle and Katrina from ap.
>>
>>9048969
They were joking you idiot, it sounds like the comm isn't missing out on much especially if you judge an entire group of people based on that. You sound stuck up.
>>
>>9048969
Unless this is b8
Nobody cares about your wardrobe
>>
>>9048975
I'm glad someone got it, I thought it was really funny
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-11-17-48-09-1.png (332KB, 1039x1039px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-11-17-48-09-1.png
332KB, 1039x1039px
>>9048982
Haha yes
>>
>>9048975
B8 or not it's still making you look bad AZ. This is the image much of the Lolita community in the world see you as right now. Try to have some dignity. No wonder all you can attract is newbie itas. You behave like this on the Internet making yourself look like fools trying to make a joke that just is mediocre at best.
>>
>>9048989
I'm not even from AZ and don't know anything about that comm, anon just sounds insufferable.
>>
>>9048989

Bruh it was a joke about Marlon Brando. How the fuck does that make anyone look bad.
>>
>>9048989
Why should any of us care about our "image"? It's a fashion community not a place to hug each other and tell everyone our feelings. If they end up hating lolita solely because not everyone immediately kisses their ass they never actually liked the fashion itself in the first place. I wear lolita because I like it, not to make friends or show off how tolerant I am. Wearing it in groups is nice and all but if being part of a comm means babysitting every random person that comes along and making sure no one ever thinks anything bad of lolitas ever I'd rather be a lone lolita.

Besides that anon sounds like a whiny bitch. Even if it isn't my comm I'm glad she's staying away. We have more than enough oversensitive attention whores in lolita as it is. She came here just to "prove" how evil and judgemental all lolitas are. Just like when robots come to "prove" how evil all women are when we don't start begging to suck their dick.
>>
Every one talks about Lolitas being bitches every one laughs. Someone brings up the az comm being bitches and the whole group loses their minds.

I fucking love you AZ please don't stop being my source of amusement here.
>>
>>9048837

lol if you want to approach any of the AZ lolitas
>>
>>9048942
Have you ever worn lolita out in public? When people in normie clothes approach you they tend to be pretty rude. I could see why they weren't friendly right off the bat.
>>
>>9048724
https://youtu.be/rw83ehHWlY0
Here you go anon
>>
>>9049439
I don't recognize any of those girls...
>>
File: 1458285815687.jpg (47KB, 640x626px) Image search: [Google]
1458285815687.jpg
47KB, 640x626px
>>9048911
>polite "excuse me"
You left out a pretty important detail. Asking "are you from /cgl/" is guaranteed to get you a weird response, and probably a bad one considering the reputation of /cgl/ in the lolita community. If it seems like they were wanting to get away from you, they might have, since noobs+/cgl/ are always a mess. But most likely, they were just confused. Guessing girls by the prints you named, they are all very kind and far from snobby.

You're pretty entitled for trying to transfer the error of the situation from yourself to the entirety of the comm, especially after so many people have been so particularly nice to you. You also seem to love providing information no one ever wanted to hear, about your life and your opinions. You've made your judgement on the community, great, AZ does suck, no need for a reminder. Now just don't join, and don't whine about it. People have been too nice to you, and you still complain.
>>
This is a weird question.
On May 14 my mother visited the EMP museum in Seattle. The Hello Kitty exhibit was closing the next day. She told me she saw a bunch of "hello kitty lolitas", but I couldn't get her to elaborate more?
Was there a meet up that day, or did she mistake some HK costumes for it or something?
>>
>>9048942
>no wonder people think your a joke

Lmao you sound like a beta guy getting rejected by a girl. "W-whatever you're a fat bitch anyway!"
>>
>>9049575
I think there was a meet-up for the Seattle J-fashion group. So a mix of lolita, and decora mostly trying to do something Hello Kitty.
>>
>>9049439

480p. Fucking hell, this isn't 1996.
>>
>>9032970
Don't fucking move here
>>
>>9049439
I don't actually have a problem with this.. I don't know what the other anons were bitching about. They are just friends unboxing stuff. Sure the camera quality isn't as high as Deerstalkers, but who said they are the bar that all other casual Youtubers need to rise to? I think I prefer the Deerstalker video for laughs, but I found this one generally more informative.

On another note, every man and their dog seems to own holy lantern now, soooo when is that price gonna drop on second hand sales? Anybody else think it is funny that people are still expecting to get $400 for it?
>>
>>9049530
>Asking "are you from /cgl/"

Wow, so she's a complete idiot
>>
>>9049935
yo i want to know this as well. I feel like the only fucker without it at this rate. might try to pick it up soon.
>>
>>9049530
...wow.
That's not a good way to start a conversation. Sorry to hear that people were approached in this way.

To >>9048989 , asking if someone uses /cgl/ as your first introduction is going to come across as stirring shit. In some comms it's an elephant in the room, and in other places it's not. Either way, it's not really polite conversation because it's an anonymous imageboard. Asking strangers about it in real life is like asking them to out themselves on here. It's the kind of thing you should only bring up with people you know well, and you should be willing to provide your own experiences first rather than ask others for theirs because it's pretty invasive.
>>
>>9049979
Wait where did anon say they where the person asking Lolitas if they where from cgl? All I have seen is they wanted to say that Lolitas looked nice and misread their reactions as snobbery when it was probably uncomfortable glances. Which is normal when people approach others in public.
>>
>>9050090
Guessing she heard it from the girls in question/she's one of them
>>
>>9050100
I don't know. It looks a lot like the person pulling the bait joke started putting the assumption that the original person is the "cee gee ell" person and is snowballing this into typical drama that shows up here.
>>
>>9050090
>>9050115
The original whiny anon was being very, very specific. It wouldn't be outlandish for someone to remember exactly who they were based on their description of the events and what the girls were wearing, and call them out for leaving shit out that would make them look bad.
>>
>>9050142
Looks more like you are trying to stir up drama rather then let anon say what they wanted to and move on. Better to let them whine and get it done with then causing a scene.
>>
>>9050159
Well, that's your opinion on what's happened, I guess no one really knows but whiny anon and the girls she spoke to.
>>
>>9050142
>>9050100
It's in the PCC thread, you can check it out there. Also, several girls int he comm were joking about it on FB.
>>
>>9050209
It's kinda shitty of the girls to be joking about it in the comm like that. I found that to be in very bad taste. Instead of being helpful you're just cackling like geese.
>>
>>9050220
Honestly, if someone came up to you out of the blue and obnoxiously asked you if you were from /cgl/, you'd be pretty shocked and confused as well. Its basically tripfagging irl.
>>
>>9048960
That was such a good joke and I'm sad it was lost on the other anon.
>>
>>9050233
And that means you have to be cackling hens to one another about it? Yeah it's obnoxious but being helpful and Informative is better then turning ton your page and gossiping about it. The pcc thread had at least one decent person informing cgl-chan that they where obnoxious and that their approach was off putting. Cgl-chan even admitted they where obnoxious and apologized for their behavior. Yet here you are cackling like its some joke. You sure do know how to welcome new people who don't know better.
>>
>>9050247
Oh, please. I'm not even in their comm but it's pretty standard to laugh about something ridiculous like that among friends. Get off your high horse.
>>
>>9050220
Nobody posted on the comm page about it, like 1 person mentioned it on her personal facebook and others mentioned the same person coming up to them on that post. No one was "cackling" about it, everyone was just like "literally wtf"
>>
>>9050247
She wasn't asking for help or to join the comm. She probably just looked like an edgy normie. Several people in the PCC thread offered to help her, and she apparently only reached out to one.
>cgl-chan even admitted
No she didn't. She ignored everyone who reached out and then posted again here about how snobby everyone was and carefully left out the detail that she was awkward as fuck.

Give it up ceeg-chan. Everyone is willing to give you a second chance, just get off your high horse.
>>
>>9050247
/cg/ is not representative of outside behavior. People come here to vent and be salty. If people here are being rude to you, it's only because you came in with a vendetta and left out a lot of details and thought nobody would call you on it. You were wrong.
>>
>>9050247
Sorry you got called out on your blatant lie, awkward striped sweater chan.
>>
>>9049439
whats wrong with this?
> same music as deerstalkers
>same setting on a bed
>explain about dress
>video of them wearing it

get some originality
>>
>>9050298
Are you being sarcastic or?
>>
File: odeer.png (1MB, 748x602px) Image search: [Google]
odeer.png
1MB, 748x602px
>>9049935
>>9048724
>not trying to be deerstalkers, so copy all deerstalkers photos and videos
nice try burandoholics, but you're all e-fame hungry and self posters on here.
>>
>>9050303
>>9050298
Oh look the samefag shitposter is back
>it's not even similar music
>>
>>9050307
get a life odi
>>
>>9050309
>no u
You realize how pathetic you look right?
Of course everyone calling you out on your shitposting is Odi
>>
>>9050298
>bed
are you blind anon? It's a sofa? Where on earth do you expect people to unbox stuff now? On the bonnet of their car?

>same music as deerstalkers
which vid of deerstalkers? Or isn't this the same music that every kawaii youtuber uses?

>explain about dress/video of them wearing it
Are you serious? How else do you want them to do a unboxing? Unboxing while sky diving? Have some originality? Yeah, tell that to the 100000 other lolitas that do unboxings.

Hella nice vendetta you're showing there paranoia-chan. No one can take you seriously when it's so obvious and you've backtracked from complaining about fake names and cringey content, to now complaining about them sitting on a sofa.
>>
Probably them stirring up fake drama about themselves so they can get more views and people sympathizing with them. It's especially suspicious when there's nothing to complain about, but this whole thread is them being name dropped, linking their video and a "samefag" posting again and again once discussion about them has died down.

I smell a smelly smell.
>>
>>9050327
>nobody is buying my vendetta shit so I'll accuse them of making this all up and posting themselves for views
Genius
>>
>>9050329
You can think what you want, but are you really so naive to think that other people wouldn't pull a Kate?
>>
File: retard.jpg (26KB, 349x642px) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
26KB, 349x642px
>>9050327
>hurrdurr no one is believing my idiotic shit
>b-better accuse them of self posting!!!
>>
>>9044789
>>9045555

Can we just talk about how stupid the meets this person hosts are? Like no I don't want to to go to Berkley and have a bunch of shitty students judge me? I went to a meet she hosted once and just stood in line for 3 hours and left with a sunburn.
I feel like she chooses largely public places because she likes showing off her "different" and "unique" fashion choices with strangers.
>>
>>9050331
whatever works. Unlike you I don't actually give a fuck what is posted to 4chan. it's a garbage site that needs more shitposting until it's unusable. That's the only way to stop it.
>>
>>9049884
I bet you slash tires on cars that have California license plates you loser.
>>
>>9050651
She's the definition of attention whore.
>>
>>9050327
>I smell a smelly smell.
Yeah cause accusing people of self posting isn't considered old hat or anything
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.