[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Project A-Kon: Dallas, Texas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 420
Thread images: 26

File: A-Kon-logo.jpg (19KB, 263x300px) Image search: [Google]
A-Kon-logo.jpg
19KB, 263x300px
Old one's about to die, so here's the new.

Continue!
>>
Who else is really tired of sewing?
>>
>>9023954
Meeeeeeeee
Ballgowns are the worst. Damn my love of fluffy things.
>>
Yo, when's Third Strike?
>>
>>9024194
After second strike retard
>>
>>9023954
I haven't even started on my own cosplays... been to busy working on friends.

*plays emo songs gently in the background*
>>
>>9024208
Who'd be dumb enough to get a first strike in the first place
>>
>>9024287
Why wouldn't you finish yours first before theirs?
>>
>>9024325
money & time

i'll probably end up wearing an old cosplay at this point
>>
>>9024338
I hope they're at least paying you
>>
>>9024348
they are

shit on my end got tight from unexpected costs and income falling through

not being able to compete with art/sewing commission due to 'interesting' customer base wanting walmart prices, and not having money to put down on AA tables. i'm kinda outa ideas

you come up with something, i'm all ears
>>
>>9024361
Budget better
Suck dicks
Or worry about yourself only
I'm lucky that I only gotta worry about one cosplay. Props to you for trying to get by with your passion. I'm not good enough to accept commissions. If you're in 210 I'd be willing to help with manual labor.
>>
>>9024388
>>9024388
>Budget better
Suck dicks

20 dolla i maka holla! suki suki wrong time!

i'm actually very good with budgeting. it's the reason i'm not following the herd on tumbutt with "omg medical bills am gonna b homeless any monay halp" posts and then spending on everything but basic living expenses

the offer to assist with manual labor is appreciated, but i'm several hours away. desu being able to check this thread is helping with breaks and preventing burn out, so thanks
>>
>>9024422
Glad to help anyway I can. I've been having insomnia recently, so some human interaction is nice. What are you working on anyway?
>>
>>9024436
causing trouble....

finishing up a toriel? working on the sleeves at the moment, ironing out the wrinkles before cutting. then attaching all the pieces together. there's a lining layer so the seams don't rub against skin. it's actually a really quick and simple outfit i've just been busy with medical and school dramalam

i'll post her up in the work thread if i get her done tonight/morning?

then i'm gonna start working on boob holsters for a prom dress. I'm gonna actually, not sarcastic, enjoy the hell out of that cause it's fun working with thin fabrics and figuring out the best way to hem or not stretch the shit and fuck it up. keep getting better at each it dress i work on

newpaper is best friend
>>
>>9024468
I look forward to seeing the toriel. Is that one for your friend?

Don't get in too much trouble. [spoiler]We need /cgl/ at akon[/spoiler]

You sound like you should totally teach me to sow. I usually just modify clothes from goodwill/thrift stores for my needs. I absolutely don't sow unless I have to.

Newspaper for sleep? It would probably keep me awake actually.
>>
>>9024476
Fucked up my spoiler. I should probably take that as a sign to go to sleep
>>
>>9024479
You didn't fuck it up, cgl just doesn't have spoilers.
>>
>>9024487
Oh no shit? I didn't know that.
>>
>>9024487
this

>>9024479
for friend with the boobs for it. I own no tits to speak of

i help out in the wip/help threads every so often but i don't get the impression ppl are that interested in wanting to know why ironing, pinning, sizing, and so on are so important. I always see a ton of bitching about broadcloth and really the stigma is just because it's cheap and cheap inexperienced ppl go for it first. skill proves the stuff isn't as bad as it's reputation

moding is a good place to start. if you find something that fits god damned perfect you better rip out all the seams and get an exact copy of the pattern, save yourself from starting over from scratch on future cosplay

newspaper to sew the seam of difficult fabrics. you pin the layers together with that on the outside and it prevents the sewing machine from pulling or warping it, so no weird kinking/rolling on seams or hems. i love it because it's so damn cheap and handy

i can ramble for hours about making things desu, like wrangling in large breasts, how to handle strapless stuff, why lining is important and how to pick fabric, making ruffles without a foot, applique and how ppl always fuck it up, removing paint/blood and repairs

shit i'm already rambling, i should drag that shit back to the help thread
>>
>>9024522
Maybe not in the mass for toriel, but I'm sure you have wonderful tits.

Huh never thought about making patterns like that. It seems so obvious.

Yeah, I definitely need to learn more about sowing. I've handled strapless before, but never hand made ruffles and any applique I've done is either ironed or glued on.

Fuck I feel inadequate.
>>
>>9024569
>Sowing

Like how to spell it maybe?
>>
>>9024762
That's probably a good start
>>
>>9024802
>>9024762

such seedy ideas to plant in ones head
>>
Is anyone surprised? she can't seem to commit to anything.
>>
>>9025038
Kek. Figured as much when she posted she wasn't going to get anything new done in time
>>
>>9025038
Thank god. If they invite cosplay guests they better be actually talented and preferably local
>>
>>9025107
>>9025119
is there an ed page or more info on this dram?
am unfamiliar why this keeps popping up
>>
>>9025188
Not as far as I know. I only know bc some of my weebier acquaintances keep liking her shit so it shows up on my fb feed
>>
Yo seagullz
This is my 1st A-Kon. What should I expect? Are there any good panels/workshops this year?
>>
>>9025429
only cgl panels/booths are any good
>>
File: bitsy5.jpg (343KB, 517x751px) Image search: [Google]
bitsy5.jpg
343KB, 517x751px
a new development on Bitsy
>>
>>9025852
What? She fucked up his photo, put his mark on it and is now trying to sell it? Did I get that right?
>>
>>9025852
This is a shit situation, but... Are those her real teeth? She looks like she has goddamn dental implants.
>>
>>9025038
Of course she had to cancel due to health issues. She spent all her medical bill money on cosplay.
>>
>>9025886
It looks like this person took a picture of her, gave her permission to edit it (I...think her fucked up her own edit and so the photog asked his watermark not be put on it) and now she's selling prints of this photo even though she has no permission from the photographer to sell it.
>>
>>9025891
No, its a mouthpiece. Forgot where she mentioned it, but its the same kind that the girls on toddlers in tiaras wear.
>>
>>9025985
Yep, that's what he described in the comments as well. Though I don't understand why he didn't just message her first instead of posting it on his page.
>>
>>9026023
>Though I don't understand why he didn't just message her first instead of posting it on his page.
Probably blocked and/or ignoring him. Let's maybe move this drama over to the farm instead of derailing and deleting the thread so early.
>>
>>9025429
It's a party con. Like Dragoncon but with teenage weeaboos instead of middle aged neckbeards
>>
How bad do you think registration will be? It's a week away from the con and I'm so anxious about it. I wanna get to Octopimp's panel at 1 pm and trying to get my badge and get in line to get a seat is going to be a nightmare if registration isn't quick.
>>
>>9026433
It was super quick last year with the new system compared to the hours of waiting it used to be. I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>9026588
That's definitely not how I remember it.
>>
>>9026598
Really? How long did the wait end up being for you?
>>
>>9026617
I waited E X A C T L Y one hour year. It's all one line now. I got in at 8:04am and left the room, badge in hand at 9:04am. I got "lucky" enough to volunteer this year and cannot wait to put up with bullshit congoers. Ready to be out of mind,guys.
>>
>>9026715
Maybe the time is why. I was in line with my sister on Saturday afternoon so she could get a one-day, and it took maybe 30-40 minutes. Compared to the two-hour waits from previous years, I'd say it was pretty fast.
>>
>>9026889
I remember being in line for about 4 the first time they had A-kon at the Anatole, backed up all the way from one end of the hotel to the next and it was
> crawlinginmyskin.jpeg
>>
>>9026715
Yeah, it's typically busiest Thursday/Friday. Saturday is still bad, but I think it's worst afternoon-to-night because of people getting off work/school.

My condolences. Hope you at least get a decent place to police them.

>>9026897
F I R E M A R S H A L L for AA/Dealer's Room
>>
>>9026897
Yup, 4 hours. Timed it. And all Because they put the damn registration tables in the back of the artists alley/dealers room and it was a huge clusterfuck. I was stuck in line next to a legitimately autistic young man who talked in monotone at high volume, shouted the names of characters who walked by and wanted to tell me all about his "oc" that he was dressed as (he was wearing jeans and a white t-shirt). I'm a patient person and I know he wasn't doing it on purpose, but damn... Worst line ever.
>>
Will be there as a joke big boss cosplay at some point.

figured hawaiian shirt, eyepatch, dumb summer hat, cigar, paper taped to back of shirt saying "The boss is out". Just something to fuck around with.

If that sounds too horrible, I'll have to come up with something cheap in 5 days
>>
>>9026433
>>9026715
>tfw cant wait in the old short ass on-site registration line with the nonplebs

ok akon needs to start mailing pre-reg badges like dragoncon and i afest.
>>
In case anyone didn't know registration was moved to the atrium. Where the food court was last year.
>>
>>9027460
they have to seriously up the quality and counterfeit measures first.
PAX south (and presumably prime) did something really interesting. Their counterfeit measure was just a symbol that lights up under black light. That would be a lot harder to copy for the average joe.
>>
>>9027460
people will pay those extra $$ to get their badge shipped to them...
>>
Who else will be in AA? This is my first time tabling. Thankfully AA stuff is finished, just picking up my last few prints on Tuesday and then doubling down on the finishing pieces for coords.
>>
>>9027460
i have to pick up 5 badges
>>
File: zoidberg.jpg (16KB, 236x323px) Image search: [Google]
zoidberg.jpg
16KB, 236x323px
>>9027271
>your cosplay is bad and you should feel bad
>>
>>9027271
>something cheap in 5 days
so, assuming you've got brown hair and a beard since you were cosplaying big boss
If you have a suit, Jigen from Lupin.
If you're well built, Kenshiro (with a beard) from FotNS
If your hair is darker, you can always walk around in a suit with an empty bottle of jack and call yourself Tony Stark
>>
>>9026224
but... but... how will i meet my husbando then? *clings to m'lady body pillow*
>>
>>9028560
well if you're into underaged guys...
>>
Guidebook is up.
>>
>>9028649
No! Only a 30 something neckbear will do!
>>
>>9028687
Wish the photoshoots were on here, unless they are and I can't find them.
>>
>>9029116
>neckbear
>attractive
>>
File: missed the joke.gif (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
missed the joke.gif
2MB, 640x480px
>>9029182
don't judge my cuddly neckbear
>>
>>9029182
there were some neckbeard gulls last year...
hope they show up again...
>>
>>9029158

Apparently the guidebook is very much in progress as well. It'll probably improve in the next few days. I've already had a few issues fixed.
>>
>>9023921
so are we gonna meet up and get wasted or what?
>>
I was looking through the guidebook and I noticed photo spaces. i'm a real noob at all this so forgive me. Are these just booths that are set up and you pay and they take a pic?
>>
>>9027271
>come up with something cheap
This is all you need, chum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jluxqXp8J18
>>
>>9030400
there was talk of two different meets in the last thread and then apparently it went off site to the line app or something and talk died.
>>
Only a few days left before Akon! What's everyone going as?

> Thursday: Normie, as I'll likely be just getting my badge/checking out the area.
> Friday: Casual Rider from Fate Zero
> Saturday: Brolaf from League of Legends
> Sunday: Normie because I'll probably dodge and spend the day in Dallas before going home.
>>
>>9030668
http://forums.a-kon.com/forum/cosplay/photography-meetups/64-a-kon-2016-unofficial-photo-shoot-sign-up-schedule
>>
>>9031941
The line group got raided last week, don't think another one has been created. So meetups should probably be planned here.
>>
What are you guys do for parking (esp if you're not at a hotel)? I'm driving there and back on either Saturday or Friday but realize I haven't even thought about where to park.
>>
>>9032844
Park at Medieval Times or some residential street. Or at the River park and you can hoof it.
>>
>>9032844
Get there super early and pay 30$ for the parking close to the hotel. Can't walk far with everything I buy
>>
>>9032844
I'm super pissed off because the hotel that I booked (about a mile from the convention) and they don't even have enough fucking parking spaced for the number of rooms that they have in the damn building. Plus, it's not helping my case that I didn't book it for thursday night because I was trying to save a little money and I also only live about half an hour away. Most, if not all of the spots will probably be gone by the time I get there. I'll either have to lurk until someone tries to go to Denny's or bite the bullet.
>>
>>9033019
I thought a ton of people got towed last year because of stuff like that?
>>
>>9033075
How early is super early?
>>
File: home-03.jpg (143KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
home-03.jpg
143KB, 1400x700px
>>9030400
Sorry, Fanime was stupid busy.

How does 9:00pm Friday at the Gossip Bar or the furniture around it sound? That's around where we met last year, iirc.
>>
File: lolita is srs business.jpg (120KB, 451x600px) Image search: [Google]
lolita is srs business.jpg
120KB, 451x600px
Has anyone opened a new LINE group for people attending A-Kon? is only a few days away and it would be nice to see if we could meet-up and stuff.
>>
>>9033114

If it's raining that area is going to be crazy. Does anyone know of anything more secluded?
>>
>>9032844
I've been using the park-and-ride station down the street then walking. If it rains I'll just call an Uber to take me the rest of the way from the station to the hotel.
>>
>>9033409
Message @nyaruchu if you want to be added since we had issues with raiders last group. Not gonna chance putting up the link/QR code
>>
>>9033093
They did, so be really careful where you park. Many came out late (from the dances, cosplay show, etc) to go to their cars to leave, like around 3am and lol, the cars were gone.
>>
I think this will be the last convention I go to before I jump into the oh so pleasant sounding world of cosplay. Plan to start with simple "outfit-based" cosplays and then in the future work on the elaborate designs for fantasy/sci-fi characters, or just ones with unusual clothes in general. Figure it'll be an enjoyable learning experience when I get to it.

That being said, would be cool to go to a meetup and chill; see what kind of stuff you folk have worked on for the convention.
>>
So a-kon tumblr doesn't even know if there's plans to have photoshoots on guidebook. Greeeeat. Normally I guess I'd be fine but considering so many locations are closed off this year I'm gonna struggle to find anything. I guess I could write them all down. There's facebook, of course, but I've had trouble getting facebook to load w the poor signal there is at cons before. I probably sound really entitled right now but... Whatever I'm angry.
>>
>>9033912

I think the only area closed off is the outside lawn area since it's under construction. I haven't heard of anywhere else being closed off.
>>
>>9033917
It's quite a large area though and it held a majority of shoots last year. I think I've only ever been to one shoot outside of the sculpture garden area.
>>
File: map.jpg (245KB, 1647x765px) Image search: [Google]
map.jpg
245KB, 1647x765px
>>9033912
The Guidebook was basically only released because people kept getting pissy about it not being out. I can't believe they're procrastinating this hard, though. There's a Google doc with the photoshoot/fandom meet-ups (highlighted in grey), though. I have that saved to my home screen right now.

For anyone who hasn't seen the doc yet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1diT2ROBVRBwba-Wkm1MKaH8ZQFoV1c1slEBc175UGGA/edit#gid=1918849762
>>
anybody else working on last minute cosplays?
>>
>>9034332
I had to sew my friends Lisa Lisa cosplay and now I'm working on my Avdol but man I'm running out of time and my contacts aren't here yet so I may have to be known as Hipster Avdol because of my glasses sadly.
>>
>>9033719
I heard mixed things about parking at Market Center. Did people get towed for parking there?
>>
>>9033912
Definitely take screen shots or write down your shoot times and locations just in case
>>
>>9033019
So no fear of getting towed if I park at River Park? 20 minutes isn't anything.
>>
>>9033091
Are they not doing a shuttle to the hotel?
>>
Anyone from El Paso want to do a meet up? Or anyone in general. I wanna meet some new friends at this convention.
>>
>>9033409
>>9033642
I don't have Line.
Can someone give me the details of the meet up(s)?

Did we decide on Friday, Sat or Sun?
>>
>>9035667
Trying to get people for meet up's. No one has replied to one yet.
>>
>>9035726
Update: 7 a.m. and we aren't even allowed to get in fucking line yet.
>>
>>9036045

Are you just hovering around?
How many people are there?
>>
So no one wants to meet up then. Wanna do a OPM meet up.
>>
great woke up with a massive zit, hopefully the line smells better this time

Also I'm still really worried about how crowded it'll be cuz no one can go outside
>>
Day 0, Who's here/ Who's hype?

on a second note, anyone also going to Fan expo Dallas down the way back and forth?
>>
>>9036228
On my way later, but I doubt I will be there in time to stop by the con. Coming over from Austin.
>>
So someone posted a video showing the doors and such closed off. Just so everyone can see before arriving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp7yxulnMTw
>>
>>9036252
Oh my god I haven't set foot in Dallas yet and I'm already dreading this con. A-kon GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER ALREADY GODDAMN
>>
I have an extra badge, if anyone wants it. I can sell it for $35 instead of the $70. Just email me.
>>
Only meetup I've seen anyone set up is Friday 9 pm at Gossip Bar.
Anyone trying to lead anymore besides that one?
Seriously, just post when and where and people will probably show up
>>
>>9036314
That was mine, but someone said it'd be too crowded. But with the outsides being blocked, I feel like everywhere will be crowded. If someone has ideas of a better location be my guest.
>>
Hey just a heads up, be careful when going out, some nasty thunderstorms are happening all weekend until Sunday

Stay safe seagulls!
>>
>>9036352
thans for the warning, i thought the rain was gonna be over after today but I guess not
>>
>>9036352
reeeeally wishing i had just forked up the extra cash to stay at the con hotel right now
>>
>>9036452
Sometimes it's actually worth it to pay for convenience.
>>
>>9036261
It begins. The great shitstorm every year.
>>
>>9036228
Here with my fiance. Our first time showing up early on Day 0; no lines!!

With nothing going on tonight I'm truly interested in, I think I'll catch Game 1 of the NBA Finals instead.
>>
Get off 4chan, Fiance.

Also. Suckers. #noline #plentifulparking
>>
>>9036567
Be nice or you're not getting any snusnu tonight.
>>
What's some good food to bring to cons? I'll have to carry it around with me because I don't have a room
>>
>>9036261
> Get there are 5:30 a.m. because overly excited sperg with too many overly excited friends
> not allowed to get in line until 7:30
> personally escorted along with about 75 people into the "wrong line" when we say that we have scan codes
> we all have fucking scan codes what the fuck
> get to the lady to get my badge
> it's fucking paper, literally just paper
> she doesn't fold it for me, doesn't give me a lanyard, doesn't set it up
> "Do I get a lanyard or?"
> "OH we don't have any down here.. "
> Autismo handing out plastic bags, schedules, panel info and shit
> holdup.png
> they only hand me fucking sunday's schedule
> go over to the sideline and start complaining to one of the staff about it because I need my damn schedule and they need to get their shit together
> "Well, can I get my shirt in the meantime?"
> "We don't have any shirts yet."
> WHAT THE FUCK, A-KON
>>
>>9036817
I guess I'm just a little disgruntled because we paid $73.75 I think, after the service fees, and they can't fucking hand me a stack of newspapers and a shirt that they should have had days ago.
>>
I want to meet some new friends here. Anyone wanna meet up?
>>
what is there to do on day zero beside AA
>>
>>9036872
We'll be at media bar for beers and apps in a little bit. We're casual mode but don't be afraid to say hey.
>>
>>9036872
Yes. Are you weird or pretty chill?
>>
>>9036902
yes
>>
>>9036909
Well were at media bar watching the game. Come watch and go warriors!!
>>
>>9036902
I'm pretty chill. My bro is pretty chill. My other friends can be weird but only to new people. Once they relax they can be chill.
>>
>>9036889
Might take you guys up on that. I'm not a local so it would be nice to meet some new people.
>>
>>9036916
Word we're not local either. We're watching the game in the lounge area. I'm in a blue warriors shirt and my fiance is wearing a red charmander shirt
>>
>>9036919
Walked by and didn't see you guys there. I'm in the lounge myself chilling out.
>>
>>9036936
Lounge area of media bar and grill? I've been here the whole time. My fiance ran off but I'm sure she'll be back (she's not a sports fan). I'm facing the big tv in a blue shirt.
>>
>>9036942
Ah OK. Just spotted you.
>>
>>9036942
Just tried to walk in. They said that we needed to purchase something to sit inside. ;—;
>>
>>9036942
I'm down to meet up tomorrow if your down.
>>
>>9037001
No worries. We'll be casual rider from Fate Zero and sailor moon tomorrow. Come say hey.
>>
Where can I sign up for cosplay contests? It is it too late?
>>
>>9037012
Cool. Ill definitely say hi. If I can't find you I'll message you on here.
>>
>>9037058
>conti.....

Basically message you here to discuss a meeting location.
>>
Come to swap meet if you real
>>
Anyone go to the masquerade? Was wondering how thats going.
>>
>>9023921
hey, does anyone know any good free places to park? can't pay $20 for parking every single day
>>
File: FB_IMG_1464928346171.jpg (94KB, 857x2048px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1464928346171.jpg
94KB, 857x2048px
Boarding my plane now, be there in a couple of hours.
I'll be at A-10 all weekend if anyone wants to drop by. I'm attending alone so any company would be nice. I give seagull discounts.
>>
>>9036352
I'm still content with AirBnB'ing an apartment for the weekend, not terribly far from the convention so hopefully when we go and leave it isn't horrendously pouring.

Anyone here making their way from Houston or that general area towards Dallas; got any word on how bad it is along that way?
>>
>>9036318
might have to be somewhere outside of the hotel or some shit, with the outside closed everywhere will probably be crowded
>>
>>9037166
I drove up from Houston today and it was pretty bad (driving 45 in a 75) at some points, but was never "shoot, we should turn around" mode. Just be careful along the way and plan for the 3 hour drive to take about 4 and you'll be ok.
>>
>>9037100
Heard the music was pure shit once again. Ballroom dance music? What a farce.
>>
>>9037227
Why does every masquerade ever fuck that up.
>>
I never realized how much of a vanity cesspool the akon facebook group is. Everyone just posting

>le look at my weekend cosplays!
>>
>>9037117
read the thread
>>
>>9037532
Fuck off there's like 250 posts in here I ain't reading that shit
>>
Anyone die this year yet???
>>
>>9037552
Not yet, there's still time though.
>>
wow, the badges only being paper with no form of protection is absolute shit. And they're on heat sensitive paper so you're fucked again. Someone tired to laminate theirs and it turned mostly black. They're not going to replace badges that get wet or torn or fucked up. Seriously? I know they did this to cut down on the lines but this is not a better option.
>>
>>9037546
>whats is ctrl-f
Well, isn't that just too bad.
>>
>>9037593
Whaaaat? No lanyards or anything?
>>
>>9037605
Lanyards come in the orange bag you get after you get your badge.
>>
The females at this con do a good job if not looking good at all. Not a single one above a 5.

Pathetic.
>>
Lackoflegitpanels.jpg
>>
>>9037638
I bet you're a 2 anyway dude.
>>
>>9037638
you sound fat
>>
>>9037677
>>9037678
Salty whales
>>
>>9037701
Thirsty and sad
>>
>>9037701
You're so horny its adorable.
>>
>>9037146
Ill def drop by once i get off work
>>
>>9037701
Ew as if fattie
>>
Fucking $8 chicken nuggets fuck this shit.

What's the next best con to go to in Texas???
>>
>>9037784
Someone report this guy to security please.
>>
Fucking shower people.
>>
>>9037784
I wouldn't do that. There was a lot of security the other day talking about a couple of different guys taking upskirts and they plan on doing a big arrest on them out of nowhere, wouldn't risk it. Also this place is filled with nice cameras to keep watch.
>>
>>9037818
Security just had to watch for a sweaty guy with a camera on a stick trying to take upskirts.
>>
>>9037829
Can't wait to see you being led out in handcuffs faggot. Will take pics too.
>>
might drive up to Dallas. How is the weather now???
>>
>>9037847
Actually it's only legal on public property, in the hotel it's their rules so it'll come down to whether the Anatole is ok with it or not.
>>
>>9037847
>>9037848
to add to what that guy said and since my other post got eaten: it's not legal at a private paid event- they can throw your ass out at anytime for anything (that's why they can run you out for dresscode violations and other minor things) so if con security sees you doing it you will be escorted out or handed over to the cops of you start shit
fuck at least read up on these jackass things you want to do first before thinking it's ok ffs
>>
Meet up at same place as last year Idk what time yet being a lazy shit as usual.
http://line.me/R/ti/g/BTgSPViz37

There is the line group from last year.
>>
Anyone down to drink and chill. Watch adult swim later tonight?
>>
>>9037870
Don't even bother, just take pictures when he's being led out.
>>
Kek posts were deleted
>>
>>9037845
On and off light drizzle, not as bad as the rest of the week
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 940x707px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 940x707px
>day 1
>be me
>come during morning with friend to check into our room
>talk to happy merchant receptionist (not fucking kidding, he really did look like the happy merchant without the hat)
>gives us 1 bed room
>go back down for the 2 bed room we booked in advance
>he says no rooms avaliable
>talk to other receptionist
>we got the 2 bed room we asked for
Better luck next time shekel monger
>>
>>9037957
I've had that pulled in me at two different con, wtf. Do they overbook and hope they can fuck people over and wait to see who complains? The new hotel for Ikkicon did that to me most recently.
>>
>>9037887
I'm down
>>
>>9038013
Room 957 at 1030. We just gonna relax, make some mixers and check out adult swim. Feel free to join.
>>
>>9038017
Cool. I'll stop by after going to the rave for a little.
>>
First time I've been, does it always smell this bad? I don't know what it is, but lots of body odor.
>>
>>9037146
Entirely unsure how, but I manged to lose my sense of direction and mistook a booth on the opposite side of the room for yours... Had to leave for the time being, but I'll be sure to stop by when I get back, or tomorrow for sure.
>>
I've been here too much....When I get a pic taken, in the back of my head I always worry if they're gonna post me on cgl or to just make fun of me.
>>
>>9038122
Who are you going as today, or would it make it all to easy to spot you in the crowds? Look at it like this: It's possible that they would make fun of you only because they're envious of your cosplay. No time to worry about petty crap, have fun with this stuff! That's how I'd be if I did cosplay at least.
>>
>>9037887
Def for adult swim, but isnt anime on Saturday? Im a cord cutter
>>
why are the panel rooms so small?

I don't want to sit in line for 1+ hours just to get in one.

The ticket thing is stupid too because they give out more than the room can handle.

Anyone else having issues getting into the panels?
>>
Carl Martin, aka shinka studios just cut in front of me for the elevator with his girlfriend.

Shit guest. 0/10, would not invite again.
>>
>>9038197
>shinka studios
Is that a cosplay group or what? I've never heard of them.
>>
>>9038197
More like triggered/10. Everyone has been pulling this shit all weekend. Grow a pair and stand up for yourself. He defiently would have let you go if you just said something
>>
>>9038067
Nerds can't into hygiene
Sad I know
>>
How do I pick up consults?
>>
>>9038380
Learn to spell first.
>>
>>9038380
Grease up get smelly and hit the rave
>>
How do I get laid with an ugly cosplay girl?
>>
>>9038380
just google some lawyers, some will give you a free consult
>>
>>9038416
actually be good looking.
>>
Real nigga hours, who's up?
>>
>>9037802
Nightmare Nights
>>
Any sissy boy pussy looking to get a good pounding?
>>
fuckin bitsy's suddenly coming again
>>
>>9038017
You still watching anime?
I'm bored.
>>
should i go to A-Kon or just spend the rest of my $100 on something else????
>>
Hey here comes the rain again perhaps; that was a rather sudden bolt of thunder

>>9038554
Wait what.
>>
Anyone going to the GWBC/Gunplay panel?
>>
>>9024194
Lol hi Radio
>>
How was the rave last night?
>>
anyone gonna be at the fire emblem photoshoot?
>>
Say, do you need a badge to walk around AA? It's been so long since I've gone to Akon.
>>
>>9038855
Yes.
>>
I didn't consider that I'd need this but I'm doing Ani-Idol and I'd really like a scarf. Like any combination of blue, green, purple, etc. would work. Just reply and tell me when and where to meet you and I'll borrow it from you. I need it for a visual aid.
>>
Not sure if just stupid or if it's not on the guidebook, but will there be a lolita meet up since it's ILD? Obviously there's the fashion show and a couple of panels but I'd like to meet some new people since I wasn't here yesterday.
>>
>>9038901
Sucks to be you, staff put the most important lolita stuff yesterday because they're retarded as per usual
>>
>>9038906
Womp. Well, I meant just kind of an informal meetup, if anyone knew of anything going on. I'll just hang out with my friends and post here if we find something cool to do, I guess.
>>
Where the fuck is the swap meet? I don't see the room on the map.
>>
>>9038958
I /think/ it's in the Veranda Club on the second floor in one of those rooms.
>>
guys, when is or was the cyanide and happinnes panel?
>>
>>9038958
>>9038965
It is, come join us anon
>>
>>9038975
Soon fellow stalker
>>
>>9038975
They're passing out tickets for it now
>>
File: 20160604_133849-1.jpg (591KB, 2340x2126px) Image search: [Google]
20160604_133849-1.jpg
591KB, 2340x2126px
>>9038901
Here's the schedule of lolita stuff
>>
Ty for those who came by. The ladies who showed up were amazing and I loved talking about makeup with you girls. Gonna be partying again at 1030 in 957 in the main hotel.
>>
File: 20160603_200916.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160603_200916.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
To whoever did this thanks. Oh and if any ita's wanna make me pretty, I would love some make up put on.
>>
>>9039090
what's with the cat?
>>
>>9039094
It's poops. Help spread the poops.
>>
>>9039033

Does anyone if the "How to be Kawaii and not Broke" will be worth going to? I'm thinking of going but undecided as the time sucks.
>>
>>9039033
Thank you, anon!
>>
>yesterday was antarctica
>decided to wear pants and long shirt
>a-kon
>suffering
>>
>>9038803
Its was OK. The line dancing was fun.
>>
>>9039033
Ew.
>>
So no lolita meetup...?
>>
>>9038197
He's the cosplay world's BIGGEST asshole. What do you expect. And Ive heard his girlfriend is a racist. So I try to stay as far away from them as possible.
>>
How is the cosplay this year, anything neat? Could anyone post some pictures? I'm stuck at home with nothing going on.
>>
Why do you guys work so hard on your cosplay and then not put any makeup on? I swear like 80% of the girls I see cosplaying do this.
>>
>first convention as a normie (for the most part)
>got normie friend who's been watching anime to come
>he got bored and doesn't want to come back
>car towed

So far, my first anime convention hasn't been good to me.
I don't want to waste my weekend pass though so thinking about heading back later tonight and tomorrow alone.
Anything good that might warrant a return?

Hi from /sp/.
>>
If anyone lost two boxes of MTG cards in the game room I've got em, give me a decent description and I'll meet you to return them
>>
>>9039083
You guys still doing the room thing?
>>
Where the heck are the video rooms??
>>
>>9039457
Yes at 1030 pm. Come watch TV with us and drink.
>>
>>9039478
Cool. Do I need to bring anything?
>>
>>9039484
Yourself :)
>>
And tits.
>>
>>9039498
Are y'all cool? Tried to get into hentai panel but dat line tho.
>>
>>9039275
Every panel room is stuffed liked crazy. I couldn't get into to anything since I don't wanna sit in line forever.

Lots of body odor too. The game rooms is pretty sick though and the crowd gets hype a lot.

San Japan is definitely the better con to go to though.
>>
>>9039512
This. Would like to know. I've met a handful of 4channers at meetups and there's a bad record.
I don't want to be uncomfortable the whole time.
>>
Any hotties @ the yaoi panel
>>
>>9039514
You seem iight. You down to go hang in the board game room? My fiance and I are normal mode right now. I bet you'd be able to ID us easily there.
>>
>>9039522
I talked to one girl who was going and she was decent. Awkward though.

>>9039525
Maybe. I'll be with a buddy and he doesn't know about this 4chan stuff. I try to hide my power levels. Time?
Also, I might check this out anyways >>9039478
>>
>order with ubereats
>order a lo mein
>get vegetables
Fuck you a-kon and your terrible not near anything not shit fucking location
>>
>>9039413
>My first con
That's where most people fuck up. Akon is one of the worst cons to go to if you want a good first con experience. It's like barely playing a game for the first time but instead of doing tutorials you went to the next to last boss. Starting with smaller cons like Afest and SJ are definitely the way to go. Besides, Akon is total shit unless you actually have friends.
>>
>>9039547
Or a con experience at all
It's like a clusterfuck of everything wrong
Where else would you find panels about racism and slavey
>>
How lit is this con?
>>
>>9039553
If you poured gasoline on it and lit a fire it would rain
>>
Why does the schedule always suck at akon?

A legit question gulls, not just a complaint
>>
Is there an orgy I just wanna like watch for two minutes desu
>>
>>9039557
No one knows anymore. We just hope Anime Fest goes through puberty and destroys it.
>>
>>9039559
The guest list already shows it's going to be a god tier con.
>>
>>9039556
2 tru blood
>>
Anyone catch the shimoneta blue snow sign put up in the main atrium
>>
>doesn't put nearly the amount of effort the 'oldest anime convention ever' should in guest list
>doesn't fucking matter if the convention itself is fun
Too bad there's nothing to do besides lurk 70% of the time
>>
File: 1443034810364.png (811KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1443034810364.png
811KB, 1920x1080px
Every fucking year.
>>
File: 20160604_202457.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160604_202457.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
Neptunia panel was actually pretty entertaining, also the cosplays got a little bit lewd, pic related.
>>
Have alcohol but nowhere to go. Help, gulls.
>>
>>9039413
Where did you park????????????
>>
>>9039616
Chase parking lot..

>>9039478
Having trouble finding the room..
>>
>>9039623
Phew I'm safe. Don't park in business parking lots next time, especially a small lot like that they watch for towable cars.
>>
>>9039623
It says room 957 up top.
>>
>That shitty face
>tattoos
>that meme cosplay
Is she fucking serious?
>>
>>9039637
Jealous fatty detected.
>>
>>9039637
:( why do you have to be such a dick anon i kept bumping into her during panels and she was super nice and quiet
>>
>>9039639
>>9039646
It's probably the same fatass thats been complaining all thread about the women at this con and probably because they wont give him the time of day.
>>
>>9039649
>still looking for bitches at cons
>there are people who still do this
This is why girls bring guys with them. This is why.
>>
>>9039637
>deleting your pic on the group
That's for being a slut.
>>
>>9039657
It's still there, dumbass.
>>
>>9039657
Are you blind?
>>
>nobody hit on me all day
life is suffering. I guess I'm not as cute as I thought I was
>>
>>9039680
You are in a place full of anime nerds, they are too afraid to hit in people, you gotta make the first move anon
>>
I'm 99% sure a volunteer stole something from my bag while "searching" it. Wat do?
>>
>>9039657
Can we make a rule for all future /cgl/ groups? No uglies, fatties, or boys.
>>
>>9039694
Then who would show up?
>>
>>9039680
What were you cosplaying???
>>
>>9039694
> No uglies, fatties, or boys.
So future cgl groups confirm dead?
>>
>tfw nobody raped me
Maybe next year
>>
Are there any guys at these hotel room meetups or is it a bunch of ugly dykish girls. I don't want to be an extreme minority
>>
>>9039709
Not cosplaying, but I was dressed pretty cute. Do I need to cosplay to get boys to like me?
>>
>>9039721
Post a pic of you I'll hit on you
>>
Any of you guys have a room, this kawaii kat-grill needs a drink.
Definitely not a manlet in a shitty Hawaiian shirt.
>>
File: roboto.gif (822KB, 600x366px) Image search: [Google]
roboto.gif
822KB, 600x366px
>go to the hentai dub panel thing
>Leave to take a massive shit after it starts
>Staff tells me I can come right back in
>Come back after finishing
>They gave my spot away and won't let me back in

What the actual fuck. They said I could wait at the front of the line for another spot to open but I was too mad
>>
>Spend day alone
>Only social interaction was the same creep from last year rubbing my shoulder while waiting in line.

See ya'll next year.
>>
>>9039733
>going alone
>>
>>9039737
Maybe he wanted to meet new people with similar taste, I kinda wanted to do that but I have people who wants to tag along
>>
Rave sucks. Is the room still on?
>tfw hit on by 2 gay guys and one girl
>then her bf showed up
Maybe she was just being nice...
>>
>>9039478
You weebs still watching tv?
>>
So are we tsundere for A-kon or do we just hate ourselves
>>
>>9039754
Is there alot of drunks? I've kinda wanted to stay a bit and drink away my soreness and shyness
>>
>>9039758
60% of Akon's attendees are tsundere for it while 40% go because "biggest con in TX = best first con to go to".
>>
>>9039763
I'm down for more drinks. Where you at bro?
>>
File: CiC71c0UUAInk5X.jpg large.jpg (23KB, 540x397px) Image search: [Google]
CiC71c0UUAInk5X.jpg large.jpg
23KB, 540x397px
Why did so many people get Tow'd?
>>
>>9039768
Oh I'm at home now, sorry, shoulder were killing me and had to take my sister home but had I stayed I think I could ignore it if drunk
>>
>>9039769
I'm... glad I was being dropped off after the first day with that shitty $20 no reentery shit parking..
>>
>>9039769
How many people got towed? When i was driving there i saw a couple of tow trucks and thats why i went around a couple of time to find a parking spot
>>
>>9039796
I don't know but when I was at the towing place there were at least ten vehicles beforei left. From Best Western, Holiday Inn, Chase, etc.
>>
>>9039796
20+
>>
>>9039769
>>9039805
This happens every single year, wtf guys.
>>
I really had fun...I got a lot of compliments even though I know I looked strange and I didn't have a wig for my costume or anything. It was my first con, I really want to come back next year
>>
>>9039769
>parking near hotels, banks, and apartments
Literally the worst possible places to park. Towing companies must love this con because it's easy money.
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 500x586px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 500x586px
Holy fuck the contest was a shitshow. It's like they picked the "bravest, don't need no man" entries then made the announcer spit cringe for twenty minutes to make it tense. At least that resident evil guy was cool.
>>
/sp/ guy here. Thanks for letting me tag along, guys. If I seemed aloof it's because I'm out of the loop.
Thanks again
>>
>>9039866
From what I saw what placed deserved it? Some of the choices were odd I'll admit but the craftsmanship was there unless I'm missing something.
>>
Heard a lot of good things about the swap meet, there's one tomorrow in the same place from 11-1 right?
>>
>>9039855
There was literally a bunch of parking at the Renaissance but you needed to pay $20 and it was no re entry.
>>
Aniplex, todd haberwhateverthefuck, bald voice actor, character design panels were cool
Sentai Filmworks was literally fucking terrible. They just showed clips and played tsundere or yandere about shows from 2003 bc Sentai and didn't give shit out bc .. Sentai
Ffs they didn't even dim the lights
>>
It was nice. I met one of my fav webcomic artists and bought a ton of posters with waifus on them. Maybe next time I'll dress up and have friends to go with.
>>
>>9039892
Maybe some of the actual props and not so many god damn dresses and fatty-chans. Also that Riven girl who got a judge award deserved to place, her stuff looked crisp up close. Maybe the judges just didn't care because the top prize was a fucking sewing machine.
>>
Anyone still up?
>>
Yeah anon I am. Where ya at?
>>
>>9040021
Holiday inn anon, anything going on?
>>
>>9040013
>>9040021
Forgot to reply to
>>
>>9040024
I'm trying to stay awake as long as possible, that's really about the only thing.
>>
>>9040026
Same but nothing else seems to be happening at the con floor now. Gotta say I wish they had more late night panels for those with energy to blow around this time.

At least there's still drinks friends and board games.
>>
>>9040033
Shit anon, wanna hang out and complain about nothing together?
>>
>>9040035
First friends must return from whataburger. Rules of con room anon, it may be my liqour but it's still my buddies roo.

Heh, the sun rises in anout an hour and a half or so
>>
File: 1408862500233.gif (2MB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
1408862500233.gif
2MB, 325x244px
>mfw I see the car with all the touhou bumper stickers getting towed
>>
>>9040047
I got time, just let me know.
>>
>>9040050
Someone at the Holiday inn has love live plastered on the hood
>>
>>9039721
I'll make sure to hit on you next year. Just make sure to be attractive
>>
Only con I went to previously was ANT, so seeing what a big con looked like was a blast. The other DFW con I've heard was good was animefest, so might go to that one should life permit. Is it worthwhile?
>>
>>9040157
It's more worthwhile than akon
>>
File: Ichimatsu_Casual_Wear.png (44KB, 106x297px) Image search: [Google]
Ichimatsu_Casual_Wear.png
44KB, 106x297px
>Tfw one of the few dudes at the Osomatsu photoshoot.
Man I'll I gotta say is fuck wearing flip flops, they fucked up my feet
>>
>>9039873
Hey man, it was nice meeting you. And to the guys who hosted at the con hotel: Great party, again. Y'all are super cool.
>>
Someone left a phone in my room. I turned it into the front desk in the main tower by reg.
>>
For anyone that attended some of the lolita panels, how were they? I seen the Lolita and J-Fashion runway show and I liked it.
>>
Only met 2 /cgl/ people by chance last night. Hope the rest of the group was having shenanigans.

I'll do a better cosplay next year, I promise :^)
>>
>>9039559
>no SFV at all
Dead on arrival
>>
No one has checked my badge all weekend wtf
>>
>>9040305
They badge checked me like crazy.
>>
>>9040241
Thank for the cool party last night. I forgot to get some contact info to keep in touch.
>>
>>9040328
[email protected]
>>
>>9040225
I think I know who you are. A+ dude, you were cool
>>
>>9040257

Lolita 201 was quality. Everything else I saw was meh at best
>>
>>9040337
>>9040337
Maybe, I was the ichi with plain sweatpants.
I was so lazy/my car broke that I didn't buy track pants with the white stripe like I should have.
>>
Did anyone go to the anti bully panel?
>>
>>9040347
My friend and I did for the memes

It was literally a guy with no credentials explaining the concept of bullying with no power point.
>>
Any good events you guys are doing next?
>>
So, being a spectator for Akon's cosplay contest this year, I've come to realize through my experience with cosplay contests that entering more than one person is essentially cheating. If anything, this is going to push people to enter more group cosplays to remain competitive. What you guys think?
>>
>>9040585
I don't necessarily think it's cheating but I do think if a group is entered they should each be judged to the same standard a single person would be held to. So if one person's outfit in the group sucks, that group shouldn't win over a single person's cosplay who's is immaculate. Like group cosplays are fine but they should be considered an "at your own risk" type deal to discourage a bunch of crummy cosplays banding together so that they appear to have done more work than one person by themselves. I've seen that happen and win and it's somewhat annoying but that's just my opinion.
>>
This was a nice chill con for me; I think from here on out I'll be more outgoing at these things and start cosplaying. To bad I couldn't meetup with you people, but do be safe getting back home from it! If anyone is going to RTX I'll be there for the first time as well.

>>9040585
I didn't get to see it sadly, completely slipped my mind and then it was too late to go. I agree with >>9040653 's idea of it coming with a caveat that if one costume is lacking it'll destroy your final group grade.
>>
Swap meet was lit. Best part of the convention as usual.
>>
>>9040585
>>9040653
It's not cheating, but if you pair up with people that compliment your skills you have a wider opportunity to show off work. For example, a group of 3 with a strong seamstresses, prop maker and wig stylist can split the work and focus on strengths instead of having to do it all themselves. You can also have more opportunities for presentation because you have people to interact with.
>>
>>9040787
Then why not just make a separate category called "Group cosplays?" Funny enough, isn't this what skits are technically?
>>
>>9040787
I'm >>9040653 and I have no problems with three people with three different skillsets working together to make one whole group cosplay like you're suggesting- as long as each person's complete outfit is well done. That's completely fine and what I expect most group cosplays do anyway right now.
I just was saying I don't think quantity of costumes presented should win over quality of costumes, if that makes sense.
>>
What's the next big con?
>>
Can we talk about the hotel destruction during these conventions? From my experiences (Cons in the UK, Florida, and around here), A-Kon gets it the worst.
>>
>>9040925
http://san-japan.org/
or
https://animefest.org/
for Texas I would say.
>>
File: image.jpg (765KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
765KB, 3264x2448px
>>9040933
Was just gonna ask about this. This thing (obv now ruined sheets) was suddenly hung up Saturday night and someone ran around throwing cards?
>>
>>9040965
Worst I saw was on Saturday night, someone dropped an empty beer bottle from the balconies onto the main floor. Luckily it didn't hit anyone nor did the glass get to anyone surrounding it. :/ I saw someone throw plastic red cups from the 9th or 10th floor on Friday but glass is something else entirely.
>>
>>9039680
>got hit on several times but in all the photos I've seen I looked like Shrek in a Maki wig

Honestly I think people at these things are just blind.
>>
Anyone still here and wanna hang?
>>
PSA:

Don't wear suspenders AND a belt.
>>
There were people throwing trash over the fence where the courtyard was being torn up.
>>
>got pulled over for going 76 on a 70
>on I-45 by a fucking sheriff who went onto the highway specifically to get me.
Dallas is fucking trash. Drivers are worse too. Other than that it was a fun con.
>>
>>9041121
You were breaking the speed limit, what's the issue
>>
>>9041121
Did you get a ticket?
I drive +8 on I-45 and tollways up here all the time and never had problems.
>>
>>9041232
I did. They also set the court date to July 4th, meaning it's probably literally impossible for me to dispute it. Dumb as fuck

>>9041159
Going with the speed of traffic. I was in the left
Lane trying to overtake a truck that was driving horribly and was texting. The Sheriff was on the feeder, and then fucking sped into the highway just to jack me. Total bullshit.

Con was fun but that last bit soured my mood for the day.
>>
File: 1460419355749.png (300KB, 600x568px) Image search: [Google]
1460419355749.png
300KB, 600x568px
>>9041121
Same thing happened to my friend while we were driving back. Also got him for an out of date registration on a car that wasn't even his.
>>
My time as A-kon was great even tho I didn't meet up with you guys (gone with friend and sis and am partially shy guy, wouldnt know how to react to 4chan people irl) but alas it has come to an end, was interesting lurking these threads since early this year

Post con sadness awaits
>>
>>9041121
Be thankful
if it was over 10 miles, your ticket would have been like 150 dollars more.
Most cops wont stop you for less than 10.
But also, don't fucking speed.
>>
>>9039769
because you cant park at most of the hotels unless you are a guest of the hotel
my hotel was so full they only allowed one car per room, regardless of how many were staying there.
>>
File: IMAG0231.jpg (1MB, 1824x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0231.jpg
1MB, 1824x3264px
Post pictures.
>>
Apparently Saturday evening a trash can in the Dealer's caught on fire or something? Also, the Dangan Ronpa murder trial got cut short because a dude puked.

I guess I should be glad it's not fucking nutso like 2014 was, though.
>>
>>9039413
This is pretty much how my first experience went, and it was A-kon as well,.. though back in 2000. My friend who came was barely a friend and bitched the entire time. Thankfully my cosplaying experiences were great and after a couple of years I returned to cons full force with better companions.

I agree with anon who told you to go to a con like SJ over shitty A-kon.
>>
This thread has been in auto sage since yesterday. Someone start a new one
>>
>>9039758
Hate yourselves is my thought. I haven't gone back in years and would only do it now to sell in the Artist Alley. Fuck that con, they made it rain glass on my entire cosplay group the last year we attended.
>>
>>9041551
>Fuck that con, they made it rain glass on my entire cosplay group the last year we attended.
That ballroom chandelier right? I vividly remember that.
>>
>>9040762
I tablemated w/ this guy w red hair and a n7 jacket. He was pretty chill. I hope he got rid of some of his figure hoard lmfao. If you read this then it would be cool if we could be friends.
>>
>>9041549
con's over m8
>>
>>9041586
Normally a ton of pictures get posted after the con, I think people are waiting for that.
>>
File: 1427764338189.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1427764338189.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>see fat people driving scooters
>would tell my friend they're cosplaying mario kart

any interesting people you guys saw while people watching?
>>
I kinda miss the flood of icky ravers coming to the dances when it was in the sheraton. They had spunk.
>>
>>9040804
The sailor moon group that won best in show commissioned their props, tiaras, and fukus. Although I believe one of the members of the group makes fukus for their business and that person in the group made all the fukus.
Did the judges care enough to ask where their cosplays came from?
>>
>>9041553
When they shot the t-shirts?
>>
>>9041650
>Did the judges care enough to ask where their cosplays came from?
What is lying?
>>
>>9038017
>http://line.me/R/ti/g/BTgSPViz37
I didn't pay for internet in my room for the con. I was in 976. I would've stopped by had I seen this!
>>
>>9040347
My friends talked about getting some Alpha Beta shirts and going to this next year.
>>
>>9041835
New thread
>>
>>9041568
>tablemated
Is this some newfangled sex position lingo?
>>
>>9039637
Lol like you can do better. She's was a really nice person you fat zilch
>>
>>9039650
>not trying to meet ppl and new girls at cons.

Fatty alert
>>
>>9040257

Went to the substyles one and there was a lot of incorrect information. Panelists were unorganized. Missed the other panels and events due to schedule conflicts and I'm bummed.
>>
>>9041650
I am pretty sure they all worked on everything. One girl made the pattern but they apparently each worked on each others fukus. My friend knows them and the only things they commissioned were the big props through their boyfriends or whatever.
>>
>>9042121
The guy who made the tiaras and pluto staff is married to one of the girls
>>
>>9041650
You can't win best in show if you commission everything. You can't even enter if you didn't make most of your costume.
>>
>>9042133
Lmao, but literally what these people said, they didn't make shit
>>9042121
>>9042125
>>
>>9042423

Who made their stuff?
>>
>>9042423
They made their own fukus, their belt chains, painted their shoes, styled their wigs, made their light up brooches, etc. They did make their own stuff. The only things they didn't make were made by significant others of theirs. I'm friends with one of them and they worked their asses off.
Mercury's husband made the tiaras and Garnet Rod with her help, Saturn's boyfriend made the Silence Glaive and Space Sword with her help, and Venus' sword was made by a friend of theirs with her help as well. They won fair and square and competed within the rules of the contest.
>>
>>9042423
You're just a jealous fatty
>>
>>9042423
lol they wouldn't have won if they didn't make shit. GTFO
>>
>>9042423
They have progress pics on their Instagram...you're an idiot and you need to get over yourself
>>
>>9041911
I think there is a panel feedback page. You should respond with your experience
>>
File: Maidcard.png (867KB, 678x667px) Image search: [Google]
Maidcard.png
867KB, 678x667px
>>9040933
My roomate accidentally tore our towel rack out of the bathroom wall and got blood all over the sheets and carpet when a pre-existing wound on his leg reopened unexpectedly. We did our best to fix the mess but I'll be shocked if I don't get a hefty fine.

It was sort of hilarious though.
>>
>>9040257
I went to the ones mossbadger and belladonna hosted on Friday and Saturday, liked them a lot. And went to the 201 and fashion show. I liked the ones the brands hosted, the rest I missed because I wasn't using the guidebook until mid Saturday after I scheduled other meetups, so I missed a couple of them and all of them on Sunday.

>>9040339
201 was really dull run by a mediocre lolita desu
>>
>>9041853
it's... a term used in the artist alley, bro...
>>
>>9041911
Panel Feedback: http://www.a-kon.com/Info/Panel-Feedback-Form
>>
>>9042514
>Mercury's husband made the tiaras and Garnet Rod, Saturn's boyfriend made the Silence Glaive and Space Sword, and Venus' sword was made by a friend of theirs

Are you even reading what you wrote? They didn't make these things by themselves.
>>
>>9042518
Not that last anon, but apparently the judges didn't ask shit about how stuff was made, they just let people "present". It's not hard to fake progress photos, although this is the account my salty friend have because he didn't win anything.
>>
>>9043789
Have you read contest entry rules?

"All costumes must be made by the entrant(s) or credited to the appropriate creator(s) on the entrant’s entry form. Creators not entering in costume must be present to receive awards. No purchased costumes will be allowed.
All entries must be at least 50% made or significantly modified from original garments.You will be required to list all parts of the costume that were purchased or commissioned upon entering the contest. Borderline costumes will be accepted on a case-by-case basis."

Their costumes were made by them 100%, props were just extra and have been credited to the creators from the beginning. Entrants mmust state what they made, how they made it, and what they commissioned and I'm sure they did that. Got a problem? Speak to A-Kon staff and judges.
>>
>>9043814
No, I was in the cosplay contest. They specifically asked for reference photos, progress photos, and construction details. They flipped seams, got up close, and looked at every detail down to the stitch.
>>
>>9043814
I didn't win anything either but the judges did go into detail on construction and materials. Your friend is probably just salty so I wouldn't take their word on it.
>>
>>9043789
The original post said "with her help" that you omitted. Meaning they contributed labor to the construction of their props. They did a good job and were actually entertaining on stage unlike anyone else which is also a factor in the judging. What a salty jealous fucker you are lol
>>
>>9043984
Okay, whatever you say Luxedolls!
>>
>>9043992
HAH! Someone shows support you accuse them of being Luxedolls
>>
>>9043992
There are 169 people posting in here and they can't all be Luxe Dolls. Move along troll
>>
>>9040965
Anime Reference
>>
>>9044081
Which Anime?
>>
>>9044185
Shimoneta
Thread posts: 420
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.