[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 97

File: can-you-help.png (51KB, 441x264px) Image search: [Google]
can-you-help.png
51KB, 441x264px
>Previous Thread
>>9008531

>ask all your CGL related questions here
>>
Unanswered questions from last thread:
>>9012381
>>9015205
>>9015541
>>9015813
>>9015886
>>9016184
>>9017494
>>9018178
>>9019691
>>9020745
>>9021041
>>9021844
>>9022196
>>9022790
>>9023244
>>9023761
>>
>>9023877
Did you check the catalog before making a thread, OP?
>>
File: dgon.jpg (66KB, 1024x792px) Image search: [Google]
dgon.jpg
66KB, 1024x792px
Complete makeup nub. I just want to know two things..

1) What's the best/simplest way to put this on my face? Eyeliner? Will it last all day?

2) Something for a simple thick soul patch? (non-dragon related)

I already actually have facial hair, but I guess something to fill it in a bit to give it that complete look?
>>
how do you keep thigh-higs from slipping off/getting rolled up?
>>
>>9023917
Sock glue. Or something. Heard some people talk about it once. I have no idea what I'm talking about.
>>
>>9023917
>>9023965
Sock glue is a thing and its helpful

You can also wear nude tights underneath it, and the thigh highs on top, the nude tights help
>>
>>9023917
You can also use garters in the absence of sock tape/glue.
>>
File: ppants2.png (480KB, 564x558px) Image search: [Google]
ppants2.png
480KB, 564x558px
prompto guy from last thread
Working on pants pattern now
I printed out a pattern on freezer paper and it came out okay but I have to print out a sheet and cut out the pattern for a small part of the pants, any one know a faster way to do these spots?
>>
>>9023917
if you do a lot of costumes that require the same style of thigh high, wear a pair of nude dance tights (the extra thick kind) underneath and put a few anchor stitches in the top of the socks. that way you won't have to keep pulling them up throughout the day + you'll be extra cozy.
>>
are you all blind?

>>9023279
>>9023279
>>9023279
>>9023279

going to answer the questions over there
>>
I'm going to make Tracer and I wanted to try paper craft for the first time. Does anyone have a link where I can download her guns? The only site that seems to have it, it's the first one it appears when you Google it, but the .pdo file is broken and I haven't found it anywhere else.
>>
File: descarga.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
>>9024576
Forgot to attach the e reference.
>>
in response to >>9015205

for stuffing boobs, i had a con roomate do the birdseed + knee high nylons trick

>tldr
>fill knee high nylons with birdseed
>adjust to how big or small you need them
>get a large bra to accomodate

I'm sure there are other tactics like contouring.

>>9023761
staying cool in summer con

>electric hand fan
>water water water drink so much fucking water
>stay inside whenever possible
>sit when you need to
>ice water in a bottle
>sunscreen if you've got exposed skin while standing outside in line
>>
File: Danger 5 Cool.webm (436KB, 716x404px) Image search: [Google]
Danger 5 Cool.webm
436KB, 716x404px
How would i go about making pic? I know someone who is artsy (they've never done anything like pic though) and I'm completely shit.
>>
File: doomguy.png (1MB, 767x1353px) Image search: [Google]
doomguy.png
1MB, 767x1353px
Where would I start making the chest armor for this guy? I'm not going to bother with the helmet since I look similar enough to him.
>>
>>9029151
> posts three completely different references
> btw I'm not doing the helmet

??
>>
S T O P
>>9023279
>>9023279
>>9023279
>>9023279

please for the love of fuck stop resurrecting this shit thread
>>
help mee
>>
What websites do you guys recommend for spandex bodysuits? Checked out some blog posts but they were either outdated info or linked to websites that no longer exist.
>>
So, I'm trying to do cosplay photography on the side while I'm at cons for something to do. I actually went to school for art/photography so I'm pretty experienced in terms of actually taking photos. I'm not sure how pricing works? At first I'm shooting anyone for free that will let me to build a body of work, but after that, how does pricing generally work? I don't want to charge a lot like a lot of others, but I don't want to undersell myself.

Also, is it okay to offer discounts to fandoms I like or am looking to photograph?
>>
File: x-men-apocalypse-11-600x406.png (492KB, 600x406px) Image search: [Google]
x-men-apocalypse-11-600x406.png
492KB, 600x406px
Just watched X-Men Apocalypse and I must say I fell in love with Apocalypse's costume design. I want to do his costume for a coming convention but I have never even cosplayed before. Honestly I don't know where to begin and I would appreciate tips or advice on where to start or what to do.

I'm thinking the armour pieces will be the thoughest since they're highly detailed. Therefore that should be priority number one. Planning to use cardboard for the armor but I think the level of detail using cardboard will be hard to achieve. Does anyone know what material I can use to make it look like metal without weighing me down to much?

Thanks!!!
>>
>>9034144
please don't be super ambitious. my advice to you is fine a simpler costume to do and don't waste money on something that will inevitably look garbage
>>
>>9034144
dude if you don't even know about EVA foam then you aren't ready for that complex of a costume.

Start small and build your skills first!
>>
>>9023279
>>9023279
>>9023279

it's fucking sad that this needs to be reposted the second the last fucking post about the other thread drops out of the 5 posts visible when just browsing through, almost as if people weren't reading the fucking thread before posting
>>
File: Large_AS-864.jpg (80KB, 501x500px) Image search: [Google]
Large_AS-864.jpg
80KB, 501x500px
>>9024242

1.Buy cheetah printed fabric.
2. Buy black dye for the type of fabric you bought
3. Water down dye
4. Dye cheetah fabric darker but enough that the print still shows a bit.
>>
>>9030787

You can charge per session for a guaranteed number of photos.
Ex. $25 for one hour and a minimum of 10 finished photos.

And yeah it's totally fine to offer discounts on shooting stuff you like. Take $5-7 off
>>
File: surfacespell.jpg (36KB, 357x513px) Image search: [Google]
surfacespell.jpg
36KB, 357x513px
Any worn photos of this dress? What is the quality of the company Surface Spell like please? [I fear the center fabric will be shiny as hell.]
>>
>>9034522
holy shit, just stop being an autist about it. we had two cringe threads going on at once a few weeks ago and nobody said anything about it. you aren't changing anything
>>
Anyone work with l200 foam? How is it compared to normal eva and where do you buy your eva foam?
>>
>>9035880
yes because both threads had approximately the same amount of posts at all times. just fucking let this thread sit in the last pages for 2 days if you're so emotionally attached to it, the other one is at like 200 posts so it'll go soon anyway

yet again, put your questions in >>9023279
>>
File: arnold-tsang-junkrat-presskit.jpg (359KB, 1920x1970px) Image search: [Google]
arnold-tsang-junkrat-presskit.jpg
359KB, 1920x1970px
Thinking about cosplaying pic related in the future. The outfit shouldn't be too hard, but what worries me is the prosthetic leg. I've seen people try to do peg legs before by covering their calf in a sort of shell, but it always looks too bulky and unrealistic to me. The alternative is forgoing the peg leg and just doing a regular second leg, but the lack of accuracy would bother me. Any ideas as to what options I might have? Thanks in advance!
>>
Very dumb question, but what is the difference between a screenprint and regular print in lolita fashion?
>>
>>9038117
Screen print is paint applied via silk screen, printed fabric is done with dyes. A silk screened design is on top of the fabric and will obscure the texture of the material while printed designs don't. Screen prints are rare in current lolita.
>>
>>9037937
Just make the peg leg and when you're getting photos taken bend your knee back and rest your knee on it. Make the shorts a little longer than they should be to cover where your knee hits the pegleg and you're fine. It's better than nothing. Not much else you can do in this situation.
>>
Kind of a dumb question but I'm going to cosplay a character with glasses and I'm wondering whether to pop out the lenses or not. Will the glare be absolutely terrible?
>>
Ordered something off of taobao through dotdotbuy and it says:

"Hello, this business no less reputable sellers and a deposit, can not purchase sale rights, there is a big risk, we recommend that you replace the high reputation, the sale of businesses to conduct a better buy, if you adhere to the order or cancel the order, you need to respond to instructions and adhere ordered to bear the resulting risk, can we think that you deal with, I wish you a pleasant purchasing, thank you"

What does this mean? That the business is too shady?
>>
File: lower knee.jpg (64KB, 673x897px) Image search: [Google]
lower knee.jpg
64KB, 673x897px
>>9037937
What I'm going to be doing, while a possible health hazard, is making a faux prosthetic with a
sleeve over a bent knee with the foot tied behind my ass and a bending peg leg from the knee joint
Gonna have to learn to walk with it, but I think it's going to be nice
>>
>>9038425
Seems cool af.
>inb4 SJW brigade attacks you for ableism
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1465022492397.jpg (2MB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1465022492397.jpg
2MB, 1920x1920px
Reposted from last thread, hoping for advice. I'm attempting to get the leaf effect like pic related on a dress and I've decided to attempt air brushing if anyone has tried this before or found a good tutorial that'd be great as this will be my first attempt air brushin. Any alternative ideas for this effect would also be appreciated, thanks in advance.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Reposting from the other (still active) thread.

I have a couple of older dresses that I bought secondhand where the lace on the arm straps tends to curl outward, presumably from frequent wear. Is there a way I can have the lace lay flat again? I tried ironing it before on the lowest setting, but it didn't seem to work very well. Pic related.
>>
>>9038617
Did you starch it when you ironed it?
>>
>>9038627
Not at all.
>>
>>9038910
http://techknitting.blogspot.com/2007/12/your-steam-iron-mighty-weapon-in-fight.html
You should give this a read, but you'll have to scroll down a bit to get past unnecessary rambling.
>>
>>9038937
Thanks, anon! I'll give it a read.
>>
Posting in both threads because.

I need to make some clothes look grungy like a mechanic who's worked all day..

Thought about using actual oil residue from under the hood but the I wouldn't be able to touch anything, is there any paint with the consistency/coverage of oil grease but that actually dries?
>>
>>9035869
The central fabric *is* shiny, but it's textured so it looks good IRL. (I used to own this dress in black)
>>
What would the material be for the harness here? I'm guessing leather or something similar. What would be a real-life equivalent of that kind of harness?

Also, would anyone have any recommendations for a wig that'd fit Junkrat?
>>
File: 1465153233889[1].jpg (72KB, 587x459px) Image search: [Google]
1465153233889[1].jpg
72KB, 587x459px
>>9040610
Forgot picture, sorry!
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 593x443px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 593x443px
Hey guys, I just got through with Akon and saw some amazing cosplays.

I don't necessarily plan to enter any contests or anything, but I need some help building a Charlotte cosplay. I'm not looking to indulge in any creative interpretations of the character, but create a facsimile of pic related.

I guess for starters, I need to know some suggestions for the frame please. Possible materials, if it is wise to build around a hiking backpack (with metal poles and shit) as a base, etc.

Otherwise, I have to create some weird shoulder mounted custom frame and that just seems more complicated than trying to build around a base.

Anyway, any and all suggestions regarding the frame of this outfit are welcome, whether original or whether you are certain it is the same material used in this picture.

Please and thank you!
>>
>>9040610
>>9040613
It looks like a military harness vest (though certain elements also remind me of SM harnesses), which is actually typically canvas. Leather would be my interpretation of it, though, especially with the belt looking the same.
>>
>>9040773
Are you wanting to be like the Charlotte in the picture, or do you want to be more like the Mami with a giant Charlotte hat that you can take on and off?
>>
>>9040610

Please please please for the love of god, weft hair onto a bald cap rather than doing the edgy shitty looking mohawk crap I've seen so far.
>>
>>9040613
I can't wait to see how people tackle the tire... Really I just can't wait before some idiots try and use an actual tire.
>>
>>9040845

Least they'll have the right posture.
>>
>>9040832

I had not thought of the other idea, but I really am just trying to make a convincing facsimile of that Charlotte.
>>
File: latest.jpg (98KB, 694x574px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
98KB, 694x574px
I need to make some patches for Erwin's coat since I'm not paying 75 bucks for actual WWII patches. What material can I use that I can just iron on to the coat, or will I have to stitch it?
>>
>>9038571
I believe these are sub dye.
>>
>>9039296

Thank you so much! :)
>>
>>9040773

Here.

Hoping some people have suggestions for the frame of this costume
>>
Can anyone help find some cute leggings in pastel colors? I can only ever find bright, bold colors. Thanks.
>>
File: Ffxii_espers_ultima.jpg (804KB, 1374x1519px) Image search: [Google]
Ffxii_espers_ultima.jpg
804KB, 1374x1519px
The FFXII hd remaster has got me hyped. I really want to tackle Ultima next year in celebration. Anyone has any idea has to how I can construct her bottom half? Its definitely going to need wheels for easy movement.
>>
>>9042051
Would tights be okay? Because if so then welovecolors has a ton of different colors, lots of pastels if that'll do the trick for you
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I'm trying to gather netting but the thread keeps doing this....what am I doing wrong?
>>
>>9042329
Thanks, I'll check it out. Tights are fine as long as they're not completely see-through but also not meant for winter weather, either.
>>
File: Ocelot eyes.png (277KB, 549x549px) Image search: [Google]
Ocelot eyes.png
277KB, 549x549px
Not exactly sure if this should go in the make-up thread or not, but I figured I'd tru my luck here first.

So, I already plan on putting up make up to clean my face up a bit, but I'm wondering about using eyeliner (I think that's what I'd use at least). I'll be cosplaying as MGS3 Ocelot, and while I'm not sure if it's just a design choice or not, it definitely looks like he's using something for his eyes. So my questions are: A) Would I just need eyeliner for something like this or some extra type of make-up as well? (Not well versed with the stuff) B) It would also make my eyes look more intense if I were to do this too, right?
>>
>>9042316
If you plan on standing on it then it has to have a sturdy wood base. After that, foam structures and details are best and you have the right idea with adding wheels. Also, keep in mind that if you plan on taking it to a con then you gotta make the size reasonable and not so much accurate
Lastly, male sure the wheels you put on it have breaks, you don't wanna accidentally fall off whole getting on or off.
>>
File: tightline.jpg (69KB, 600x376px) Image search: [Google]
tightline.jpg
69KB, 600x376px
>>9042475
Deffo need eyeliner to get that look. Get pencil/crayon type and just do your bottom waterline and tightline the top.

Tightlining is kind of like applying it to your waterline, but you're trying to work it into where your eyelashes come out of your lid like pic related.
>>
>>9042548
Thanks a bunch, I'll see if I can look up any tutorials/references to help myself along while I'm at it.
>>
How can I wear a Japanese-style sailor dress without looking like a weeb? What sort of designs should I be looking for (I know the really frilly stuff is out of bounds, but...), and how should I accessorise it?
>>
File: helpp.jpg (121KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
helpp.jpg
121KB, 960x960px
This is my first time making a big prop and I need some help please!

What can I put on this/add to give it a smooth finish? I've heard of wood glue and resin but dont know how to go about it

My process for making it was:
-cardboard cutout
-paper mache
-sand down
-spray paint
>>
File: 160510080029.jpg (33KB, 360x420px) Image search: [Google]
160510080029.jpg
33KB, 360x420px
Does meta ever restock? I have thick legs and these socks were recommended (I'm pretty sure it was these ones anyways) but the colour I want it sold out. pic related

If not what are other recommendations for lace topped socks for fat legs?
>>
>>9042773
You can always email them when an item is sold out. They will search the stores for the item and set up a special link for you if they find it.
>>
File: maidrin.jpg (166KB, 350x494px) Image search: [Google]
maidrin.jpg
166KB, 350x494px
How do I attach a cat plushie to the headband without it falling/ being off balance while I walk around the con?
Hard mode- Dancing without the cat falling off.
>>
File: tobi plush.jpg (7KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
tobi plush.jpg
7KB, 256x256px
>>9042789
This cat plush I plan to use.
>>
File: steelzy.jpg (352KB, 1066x800px) Image search: [Google]
steelzy.jpg
352KB, 1066x800px
Any recommendations on how to get steel colored like this?
Will either be making my own or buying a remarkably similar pair from Amazon, but it will be steel either way
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
9KB, 300x300px
>>9042789
>>9042792

I'm not a regular on this board, but I imagine that you'd have to sew it onto an existing headband.
>>
File: cosupurai.png (1MB, 1145x965px) Image search: [Google]
cosupurai.png
1MB, 1145x965px
>>9023877
reposting from >>9042843

hi /cgl/ malespicanon here, I was thinking of doing a cosplay of one of these guys but I was wondering which would be more difficult, I've never messed around with armors and I'm not much of a knitter/weaver (thought I'm willing to learn but currently lack the tools)
the main problem is, for the xehanort one materials are more expensive and I have next to no experince on doing any of the parts, and for beowulf while getting assistance from friends and family for the clothing would be easier, I would have to really beef up (also willing, but I'm indesicive as fuck)

also I'm willing to post face pics of myself but I didn't want to seem camwhorish or whatever, it just doesn't feel that relevant, I think I could pull off beowulf pretty nicely except for the fact that Im not white

I've only done very easy cosplays in the past as in "find some clothes in your wardrobe" characters (llike Marco from SVTFOE or Finn from AT) but I want to do something more creative for once

guides & tutorials or else would be greatly appreciated
>>
>>9042872
Looks like it was sanded and hit with a torch for a few seconds.
>>
>>9038258
Taobao has a feedback system that works in hearts, gems and crowns. Your ss is probably trying to say you're attempting to buy from someone who has a bad reputation
>>
File: potato.jpg (31KB, 420x396px) Image search: [Google]
potato.jpg
31KB, 420x396px
>>9042905
shitty potato facepic for reference
if I do wulf I think I would have to go for darker colors in the clothing in contrast to my not-white skin
>>
Working on a coord based on either the AP Whip Jacquard Skirt in ivory (http://lolibrary.org/apparel/whip-jacquard-skirt) or Baby Ribbon Scallop JSK in brown (http://lolibrary.org/apparel/ribbon-scallop-jsk). I own both of these pieces.

Currently looking at this blouse from AP (http://www.lacemarket.us/ap-double-pleats-collar-blouse-in-ivory/) and these tights (http://www.lacemarket.us/creamy-ribbon-taobao-tights/). Do you think these would go well with either the skirt or the jsk I already own? I'm nervous about the whites/ivories not matching up, etc., and this is one of my first coords.

Any advice is welcome!
>>
>>9042519

Thanks for the advice and yeah, I do plan on standing on it. The proportions would feel off if I didn't.
>>
Cosplaying Hei from Darker than Black. I don't mind the mask pressing up against my face but it does slip off after a few minutes, and moisture builds up on the inside from breathing. Tightening it more isn't feasible, either.

Any ideas? A friend suggested using velcro strips on the cheeks to create enough friction to hold it in place, but I'm not sure how well that'l work. The moisture is the more annoying part, too.
>>
File: screen_shot_large[1].jpg (16KB, 296x263px) Image search: [Google]
screen_shot_large[1].jpg
16KB, 296x263px
>>9042872

There's two problems with making it out of sheet metal if you want that colouring.

Sheet metal is, more often than not, pickled or ecopickled (EPS), which gives it that matte gray colouring. If not pickled, it tends to have other surface treatments giving it a vague blue sheen.

That black colouring in the glove comes from the forging process, and I'm not sure if there's a good way of faking it.

If you're making it yourself, I think your best bet is buffing the metal until you're rid of the pickled surface, hammering it into shape, and letting age do its job.
>>
>>9043410
he just wants some scale on it

like cheapo hot rolled steel

run it under a flame then back off should start to look like shit and scale up quick

as for the surface rust after you anneal it it will form in a day
>>
>>9043094
Have the strings loop behind your ears so the mask is essentially hanging off the against your face.
>>
File: thick20eyebrows2[1].jpg (74KB, 770x524px) Image search: [Google]
thick20eyebrows2[1].jpg
74KB, 770x524px
I need to color my eyebrows for cosplay. I have thick dark brown brows (pretty much like pic related) and I want to color my eyebrows to look blonde.

however, every method I've used to color my eyebrows blonde hasn't really worked- no matter how much glue or makeup I end up putting on them, my black brows ALWAYS seem to stand out.
any other colors seem to be fine but my eyebrows aren't taking to the drastic change.

what do i do?
>>
>>9043647
Trim them down a bit and then try again.
>>
>>9042878
Ty anon! I will do that.
>>
I need to have some 1/8" acrylic laser cut to finish a weapon prop I'm working on, but I reallllyyyy don't want to shell out $200 to the local TechShop to be able to use theirs for a month. Nobody I know has a membership to any kind of makerspace, and they all require the usual membership fees + training fees before you can use the equipment. I'm kind of lost on what to do here...
>>
>>9043681
Some art supply shops will do it by mail order, like Fred Aldous in the UK. Alternatively, do you have access to any sort of university with a tech department? You might be able to solicit a student into doing it for you for some money.

>>9043647
Have you tried applying a white or lilac concealer after the glue?
>>
>>9042946
You look nice.

Don't worry about skin colour in cosplay, it's not important and anyone telling you otherwise is trolling.

I'd strongly recommend Wulf, especially since you seem to be a beginner/intermediate. If you're not comfortable making basic armour items (e.g. pauldrons), you will have no hope at all with crazy fantasy armour.

You don't need to bulk up to cartoon proportions either, though a bit of working out won't hurt, In cosplay, people understand you only have one body and face and that you were born with it. Just make sure the costume fits and flatters you, and embody the character when posing.
>>
>>9043647
You need to cut them down. Like literally make all the hairs shorter, without shaving or plucking unnecessarily, until they are a light greyish color overall. Then you can use concealer + colored pencils or eyeshadow to color them in.
This is what I do for my very coarse and thick, pitch black eyebrows and it works nicely.
>>
>>9023917
Just buy some faux stocking tights from ebay and get it over with.
>>
a Taobao one:
I want to order for the first tome from them...using ebeebuy.
But I 'only' picked 3 items (shoes,blouse, harness)...all from a diffrent shops tho.
Do you think there might be difficulties or delays becuase of that?
>>
File: Nami's_First_Outfit_Water_7_Arc.png (2MB, 874x2814px) Image search: [Google]
Nami's_First_Outfit_Water_7_Arc.png
2MB, 874x2814px
what material would be best for the skirt/the rings attached to the skirt? It looks like a lighter material than just cotton but the lighter the material the weirder the hoops are gonna look I worry.
>>
>>9044026
why not plastic rings?
>>
Does anyone know anything about Haco Stadium in Tokyo? Would it be worth it for a foreigner who doesn't know a lick of Japanese to try to get in? I'm preparing for my trip over there, and the thought of a studio with multiple sets is really tempting, but I'm not sure if they're particularly foreigner-friendly...
>>
I need really good wig tutorial on Sora from Kingdom Hearts. I suck at wig styling so I'm really gonna need a miracle on something that's easy to follow through.
>>
>>9044127
It's not an easy wig to style. That's why so many look bad. :(

You're going to need to take your time and get a practice wig. You want a teasing comb (it will have little teeth at the base of each tine) a bottle of hair ice spray to build up strength, and a bottle of aqua net to deglaze the hair ice so your wig doesn't look weird and shiny.
The secret to high volume wigs is you really want to wrangle the hair as much as possible while dry, then spray it. Try to touch it as little while wet.

When I did my Sora, there was a lot of jamming wires and skewers into the wig to help lean hair into shapes, as well as turning the whole thing upside down.

Horizontal spikes are harder than vertical spikes.
>>
I guess I'm pretty set with the gauntlets, but the cloak is gonna be the real problem for me as I've never worked with fabric in my life.

I don't think I'll have an issue with the fraying and coloring of the robes, but I can't find patterns for anything more than a very basic cape and hood for the outer layer. Failing that, I'd be more than willing to buy them, but can't find anything similar.
>>
File: ringwraith_cloak2.jpg (289KB, 350x612px) Image search: [Google]
ringwraith_cloak2.jpg
289KB, 350x612px
>>9044350
oops
>>
>>9044336
What about using got2b hairspray products? And how did you use wires and skewers on your wig?
>>
Need some advice. I am doing a Venom Snake cosplay, and I need a good adhesive to stick the horns to my head. I have been told that eyelash glue works well, but it just doesnt seem to hold the horn to my forehead. Maybe i'm applying it wrong? The con is 10 days from now and i'm running out of ideas other than last minute ordering something. Any advice, anyone?
>>
>>9043631
What do you mean?
>>
>>9044394
If the horns aren't too heavy then you can use spirit gum + latex to blend a bit if they have some sort of root.
>>
File: 2_small.jpg (5KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
2_small.jpg
5KB, 150x150px
>>9044696
Sorry for the small pic, I am having a hard time finding examples of these types of glasses, but see the strings attached to them? Those go behind the ear in place of regular glasses legs to secure the glasses to the wearer's face. You can do something similar to secure your mask to your face.
>>
Question about horsehair braid:
I bought and applied several yards of horsehair braid to the hem of a knee-length circle skirt (for the effect like pic related), but the store's limited stock only had black horsehair braid. Now every time the skirt hem "swoops" up, there's an inch of a visible black strip against the light-coloured fabric. Any way to hide/cover it?

(for the bald cap anon on the last thread)
>>9043294
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp7SCpHLr6A
is my go-to video to play step-by-step while applying a bald cap. Watch it through one or two times before actually attempting it to familiarise yourself with the process.
I've used the Mehron latex bald cap kit. Pros: Pretty sturdy and reusable, but you need to clean it well between uses. Cons: Liquid latex is fucking hard to remove, so I haven't managed to properly clean the bald cap yet (and the funky texture kind of shows in reapplication if you look closely); the bald cap edge is thick and needs to be blended in with liquid latex, which I've also struggled with.

Hairspray your bangs down (if necessary) to get them out of the way - I personally don't wear a wig cap because I don't want the seam to show up, but ymmv.

Absolutely get another person to help you if you can - I've never had the luck to have someone help me, but it would really help for the areas you can't see (behind your ears, nape of your neck). It's still possible to apply a bald cap without a second person, but you'll need a double-mirror setup.

And TRIM YOUR CAP. My biggest woe the first time wearing a cap was that I was too hesitant about trimming around the ears and got MASSIVE WRINKLES. Yes, you need to be slow and cautious about trimming to not snip off too much, but you do need to trim an adequate amount.
>>
Is CosplayForce etsy any good? They have a Soldier 76 jacket that look to be getting decent reviews but I dunno

I only make armor and guns, have no clue how to make or paint jackets so Id rather just buy one already made.
>>
>>9044761
Why didn't you enclose it in the hem?
>>
>>9044696
Like a normal face mask/surgical mask that loops behind the ears?
>>
>>9044127
seconding because I'm also doing a SE character and have no idea how to wig.
>>
Finishing up my first prop but I'm having some last-minute problems. I need to paint some details on it, however the paint won't stick. I can just wipe it off and it doesn't stick properly to the layer underneath.
Is it the type of paint I use (acryl)? Is there a way to make sure it does stick to the previous layer?
>>
>>9044841
Because I'm a moron who didn't think to fold the hem over another time, apparently.
>going to go do that now
>you can salt the earth with my remains
>>
>>9044723
The horns are pretty lightweight, but they're 3D printed. I tried party city but they don't have any in stock. I suppose I'll just have to order it online and hope it gets here in time.
>>
Anyone got a good moving wing tutorial? I have a morrigan cosplay I wanna improve with moving wings so any help would be appreciated!
>>
>>9044026
I made it for a friend, used cotton sateen for the skirt (thicker than normal cotton and therefore stiffer) and shower rings for the rings. Plastic rings are fairly light weight and didn't futz too much with the pleats.
>>
>>9039291
I mean, technically oil paint has the same sort of look, but you can't just buy the paint, you gotta get something to thin it out and most oil paint thinners are mad toxic. Why can't you just use the dirtiest, nastiest oil you can find and then wash it off so only the oil stains remain?
>>
>>9042330
Gather netting by hand, it's too thin and delicate to go through a sewing machine by itself, the feed dogs really tear it up.
>>9044350
Ok, the first layer is a T-shaped robe, similar to a monks robe probably. that's your base. It looks like there's maybe a half circle or other cape of some variety on the back. Hood and mantle are a separate piece. If all else fails, make a monks robe, wether the shit out of it, add extra bits of wethered fabric until it looks right, then add the hood and mantle
>>
File: 1417481405621.jpg (106KB, 476x472px) Image search: [Google]
1417481405621.jpg
106KB, 476x472px
can I get a sauce on the magazine/brand on this dress?
>>
>>9046763
Seriously? It's millefleurs and says so on the picture...
>>
>>9046769
Oh shit thinks. It was text for ants so I didn't even bother checking for English.
>>
>>9045790
This guy has a link to the Instructable he used in the description: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvXFd-uVr7w
I think you can adapt that fairly well to Morrigan's bat wings, the shape is pretty good for it.
>>
File: s-l1600[1].jpg (297KB, 1013x1350px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600[1].jpg
297KB, 1013x1350px
I have this cotton steel boned corset that I'd love to be able to paint onto. Normally I'd assume that fabric paint would be fine, but I worry that the act of tightlacing the corset would cause damage/cracking to the paint. Is that going to be the case? Is there something else I can try instead of fabric paint?
>>
>>9046816
If its a proper corset it would probably crack and wear down very quickly. I would recommend applique or embroidery if you really want to dress it up.
>>
>>9044761
You could sew bias tape over the horsehair.
>>
File: fuck-mcfuck.png (236KB, 777x385px) Image search: [Google]
fuck-mcfuck.png
236KB, 777x385px
So I have a pair of shorts like the left and I need a pair of shorts like the right. For the jersey I cut away the parts that need to be orange, sewed the orange fabric in place, then sewed bias tape between the two colours. I was gonna do this for he shorts too but the elastic might get in the way. Solutions?

(i posted this in a separate thread but deleted it when I realised there's a help thread oops)
>>
File: 542442-622-2015-12-23455928.jpg (19KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
542442-622-2015-12-23455928.jpg
19KB, 250x333px
Is a bolero like pictured an acceptable alternative to a blouse with a JSK? I feel like I would have way too many layers otherwise.
>>
>>9046861
See-though lace is generally tacky, even if it's burando. I'd go for a light, chiffon blouse if this is your only other option. If not, yes, boleros are commonly used in place of a blouse.. just not ones that look like that.
>>
File: fuck-fuck-mc.png (45KB, 591x591px) Image search: [Google]
fuck-fuck-mc.png
45KB, 591x591px
>>9046854
This is what I had planned - cutting up to the elastic, and replacing it with a shape that covers the elastic. I wouldn't bother taking anything away, but I think having two layers of fabric like that might look a bit chunky. The real problem is that I'm not sure how to sew it over the elastic without it looking weird as hell.
>>
>>9046816
I think you'd have to be laced in while painting it and waiting for it to dry. I second the idea of embroidery

>>9046854
Just sew the orange bits and bias tape on without cutting the shorts

>>9046861
Yes
>>
>>9045093
Well, first of all what kind of surface are you painting? That can have a lot to do with why this is happening. It's pretty standard practice to get a primer of some sort, there are both spray and brush on ones, to prime your piece for painting.

Other options are roughing up your surface with a bit of sandpaper.
>>
File: s529-1.jpg (90KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
s529-1.jpg
90KB, 700x700px
Any CGL recommended stores of buy loafers at that isn't too expensive?
I wanted to buy the Bodyline ones but, the last time i ordered from there it took about 4 months for my package to get to me. (Also a US anon)

Sorry in advance if this is a dumb questions/if i should be asking this in the BL thread
>>
Okay this may be a stupid question but...do you have to add seam allowances to OnS patterns? Whenever I add them, the garments turn out huge
>>
>>9047140
Mark the lines of the original pattern and then make a second outline of the pattern that's bigger then the original by at least 1/2 inch.
Cut out the pieces following the outside outline but make sure you sew along the inner outline to get the original size.
>>
File: 1463001745370s.jpg (3KB, 125x112px) Image search: [Google]
1463001745370s.jpg
3KB, 125x112px
How to go about best boy Jhin mask. First time cosplayer. Paper or foam? Which is easier?. Which won't fall apart on my face?
>>
File: Cj-lFuDWUAAHm1O.jpg (164KB, 408x936px) Image search: [Google]
Cj-lFuDWUAAHm1O.jpg
164KB, 408x936px
How would I go about doing these shoes?
>>
I wasn't sure which thread to ask this in, but I saw a listing on lacemarket for a dress I want to buy, however when I was checking the seller's feedback, it seems she sold the exact same dress (cut, colorway) in October last year. Her proof photo is even the same photo. It seems super fishy to me but I really want the dress, what should I do?
>>
>>9047491
i would message them and ask them for another proof photo, like different sides of it, print, etc.
>>
File: amazon_logo_500500._V323939215_.png (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
amazon_logo_500500._V323939215_.png
14KB, 500x500px
I got $85 worth of amazon gift cards laying around but after looking I can't find anything good on there cgl related
do you guys have anything from amazon? thinking of buying cabochons but even then there's a small supply..
>>
File: imgres.jpg (8KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
8KB, 194x260px
What kind of glue do you use to hold foam together?
>>
>>9047683
I use hot glue and contact cement, but it depends what I'm making with them really.
>>
>>9047683
Try Fabritac?
>>
>>9047683
Super glue if it's a small area

>>9047691
Fabri-Tac is for fabric
>>
>>9047568
Buy practical things you need, don't focus on /cgl/ or try to blow it all at once. It's not like the gift cards expire usually, right?
>>
>>9047007
eBay and thrift store, I just buy loafers off regular people for about $10-$20 and they're leather.
>>
>>9047683
Weldwood Contact Cement, super glue, or hot glue
>>
Are color contacts absolutely necessary if you're going to a con as a character with a consideribly good fit and facial/body/hair asthetic that matches him or her closely? I don't have enough time to order them.
>>
>>9047739
>are contacts necessary
No.
>>
are there any good tutorials or does anyone have advice on how I can make a collapsible scythe? I want to be able to fit it in my luggage when I go on a train or plane so ideally it would need to be in pieces because it needs to be at least 6' tall (a foot taller than me to be scale). I don't want any ugly pipe connections to show if I use PVC pipe. I've seen some scythe handles slide into each other and be pretty seamless if that makes sense.

Help?
>>
Does anyone know if bubble guns or squirt guns are allowed at los angeles anime expo?
>>
>>9047244
If you find a paper template, you can transfer it to foam and build it out of that. Paper is slightly easier to work with construction wise, but then you'll need to fortify it with fiberglass/resin/whatever or else it'll probably fall apart, like you say. EVA foam, even of the thickness in craft sheets like >>9047683 will hold up better than plain paper, but fiberglassed paper will probably hold up better than foam. Not 100% sure on my last statement since I haven't personally worked with fiberglass, but I can imagine if you do a few layers of the stuff the mask will be fairly rigid.
Also, for future reference, try to find bigger reference pictures.
>>
>>9047683
Hot glue for stacking pieces with a large surface area and place where i can hide messy gluing, contact cement for joining ends or places with a small surface area and need to have a clean finish.
>>
File: n001.jpg 869×1249 .png (89KB, 320x316px) Image search: [Google]
n001.jpg 869×1249 .png
89KB, 320x316px
Whats the best way of getting this symbol on a jacket? I wanted to do an iron-on but now i'm not sure
>>
>>9048008
What fabric is the jacket made of? An iron-on would probably work well.

If you don't want to do an iron on, try freezer paper stencilling, but watch out - I find whenever I do it, it tends to 'blob' out at at least one point. You could also cut a stencil from thin card and use fabric spray paint (though watch the splash around the edges of the card unless you want the punk DIY look).

Depending on what you're going for - and it will be tedious - you can also try cheater's appliqué. Cut out small pieces of some accommodating fabric (thin vinyl?), glue them on, then use a satin stitch around the edge of each piece on your machine.

Last idea - if the jacket isn't going to be washed and the image is less than A4, you could make a patch on your printer by printing directly onto a sheet of cotton sateen ironed onto a freezer paper back. Google for more info on this one.
>>
File: n010.jpg (104KB, 869x1249px) Image search: [Google]
n010.jpg
104KB, 869x1249px
>>9048019
It says that its polyester, but it could be a poly-blend. I might just go the freezer paper and fabric paint way, since i think i would have some issues with the iron-on method.

Pic related is what i'm going for. Thanks for helping me out, also sorry for being a dunce.
>>
File: vlc_2016-06-09_18-58-05.png (1MB, 1380x953px) Image search: [Google]
vlc_2016-06-09_18-58-05.png
1MB, 1380x953px
Planning to cosplay the Clown biker from Akira who gets his head smashed in by Tetsuo at around 12mi. Of all the parts of this outfit, I didn't imagine the fucking gloves would be the hardest thing to find. Heavy-duty rubber chemical gloves (the elbow-length ones) seem to be the closest I've found, but I can't find any in white, only off-white. Maybe I'm searching for the wrong thing?

>tl;dr is there a specific name for this kind of glove or a way to make it (it seems to be rubber in the film, MAYBE leather)
>>
>>9047739
No. Lots of cosplayers wear Rx contacts. And even if you don't, it's definitely not a requirement or even something that's noticeable unless they're bright red or something. (In which case, just get some good pics and photoshop.)
>>
>>9048194
Its very likely not rubber, probably leather, it would make sense since they're likely for biking or w/e, i'm dumb.

But you can find the type of gloves youre looking for buy searching, "mens classic gauntlet gloves white"

Here are some for 69USD http://www.leatherglovesonline.com/np/MensGloves-ByStyle-Leather-Gauntlets-td650hp-unlined-leather-motorcycle-gauntlets.htm#page=details
>>
>>9048216
>gauntlet gloves
fuck, right, that's it! thanks a ton, m8. yeah, leather does make more sense functionally.
>>
>>9047812
Thanks. Sorry about the pic, my computer scrunches the motherfuckers sometimes and I'm too much of a luddite to fix it.
>>
>>9023877
where can i custom order metal armor? i dont want to go with a random site online with no customer reviews.
>>
Has anyone tried this printable temporary tattoo paper? The instructions for printing are pretty clear but since i could only buy one sheet any tips would help
>>
>>9048217
You're welcome, best of luck with your costume.

>>9048270
I broke my neck trying to read that, sorry i have no help, i'd like to try that out myself though.

>>9048267
Try looking at the LARP threads and in their archives. (if you haven't already)
>>
File: huntress.jpg (275KB, 599x960px) Image search: [Google]
huntress.jpg
275KB, 599x960px
What is the best way to keep a rectangle cut out from stretch straight like pic related (without using mesh)? In almost every cosplay I've seen the corners are curved and the sides are wonky.
>>
File: 772547648.jpg (77KB, 727x415px) Image search: [Google]
772547648.jpg
77KB, 727x415px
I'm making a helmet with a little ear piece that I've put on top of a switch and I'm running into a problem with this gap forming by the base of the switch
I'm using chicken wire, bits of a 2x4, and a bike helmet as the base and I've been attaching paper mache and some weird kind of paper mache paste I found online to get the shape
The reference for this costume isn't detailed enough to show what this joint is like plus I'm already taking creative liberties with the helmet as it is, but I'm wondering:
What a quick way to fill this gap would be while keeping it flexible enough to still flip?
>>
File: char_150671[1].jpg (18KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
char_150671[1].jpg
18KB, 210x240px
Need to get pink contact lenses ASAP
(within 2 weeks)
does anyone know where I can get some within that time frame for a reasonable price?

Or at least, does anyone know of a contact lens site that uses paypal where I can get some?
>>
File: Widowmaker_Over_the_Shoulder.jpg (59KB, 552x727px) Image search: [Google]
Widowmaker_Over_the_Shoulder.jpg
59KB, 552x727px
I'm making widowmaker and I'm confused on how to make her seamless leg armor.
My legs are really thin, but my feet don't fit through the armor so I can't put them like I'm wearing socks.
A zipper would look horrendous, so I'm kinda lost!
>>
File: Hit_the_Diamond_HD_098.png (944KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hit_the_Diamond_HD_098.png
944KB, 1920x1080px
Looking to do pic related, but am having trouble with fabric choices? I've never been particularly good at choosing appropriate fabrics, and recommendations for what I should make this out of?
>>
File: 20160611_123732.jpg (3MB, 2119x2027px) Image search: [Google]
20160611_123732.jpg
3MB, 2119x2027px
Figured this would be the best board to ask.

I have this Singer EK741420 that I want to sell (locally) and I have no idea what to price it at. To be honest I don't even know if it works. My uncle found it when he was clearing out a vacant apartment at the complex he owns and told me I could have it. Would this be more like a decorative piece or would someone actually use it?

I was thinking anywhere from $20-$100 but I wanted some opinions from people who know more about sewing machines than I do.
>>
File: 1465669870197.jpg (57KB, 604x560px) Image search: [Google]
1465669870197.jpg
57KB, 604x560px
>>9049433
maybe you could overlap with velcro or have a small zipper going under the black strip thing on th backside
that doesn't really help though since that ends right before the most narrow part, but I guess you could try making the rest of the boot out of something stretchy, though then it'd probably be real tight all the time when wearing it
also those heels look ridiculous, no idea how you'd even go about that other than making your own set of really sturdy heels to attach under your foot
>>
File: 20160611_123836.jpg (2MB, 1855x1622px) Image search: [Google]
20160611_123836.jpg
2MB, 1855x1622px
>>9049444
This tag came with it if it's of any merit.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 600x337px
I can probably buy all the other parts of Kaneda, but how would I make his laser gun? I'm thinking about modifying a potato gun.
>>
>>9049444
Those old Singers are useful machines if you just want a reliable straight stitch but they're dirt common and you have to find a buyer who wants it and is willing to pay to get it serviced (which can add about $80-90 to the cost). I paid about $35 for one with a table. I wouldn't price it over $50 assuming it works when you plug it in, and so,done would probably bargain you down on it.
>>
>>9026714
fursuit makers
>>
>>9049784
Thanks! I already have a plastic Brother and I use more than a straight stitch so this Singer isn't much use to me. I was thinking about listing it at $40 but will really take anything.
>>
>>9049722
looks like the barrel and handles are probably just pvc pipes and the rest could probably be done with like card board or card stock
>>
How do you prime metal? I think I've seen some spray on ones but the area I'm painting is very very tiny and the color I want doesn't come in rub n buff.
>>
Is there anything I can't use to cover acrylic paint to make it more permanent? I painted the bottom of some dress shoes for Johnny Joestar and the paint came off in no time.
>>
>>9049919
use polycrylic. you can use the ones in the spray cans or the ones in the gallons.
>>
Does anyone have Cosplay Mode July 2016 world cos scans?
>>
>>9048270
Dunno the brand off-hand, but a friend uses that or something very similar for her Medusa tattoos. It looks pretty good, though like premade temp tattoos, you can still sort of see where clear parts are, because it's a little shiny. Cut out as close as you can to the outside edge of your design.

>>9049842
Look into model paints - many of them are formulated to work on metal and plastic with less chipping than craftstore acrylics. Michael's sometimes has Testor's, and any game store with miniatures will have some, though the paint prices can be kind of jacked up (looking at you, Games Workshop).

>>9049919
Too late now, but next time get some Angelus leather paints - they're formulated to work on leather and vinyl, and I've painted the edges of rubber soles before. It'll scuff if you really abuse it, but it doesn't crack or peel.

>>9048430
You could try gluing it to yourself, but the reason it looks wonky without mesh is because physics doesn't work that way in the real world.
>>
File: 20160612_023740.jpg (144KB, 864x594px) Image search: [Google]
20160612_023740.jpg
144KB, 864x594px
>>9043094
Hnng, yes, my husbando.

Do you have a picture of the inside of your mask? And how is it being attached currently? It may help to add a strip of foam just above the area where your eyebrows will be. It'll push the mask away from your face and maybe give it a solid point of contact with the mask. Hopefully this will help with the ventilation problem even if it doesn't help with slippage. Adding foam to the cheek area may help too (just make sure you test it with tape before gluing it on). Velcro may be irritating on the skin after a while. Pic is what I was told to do with a mask I had to make.

If you have extra time and feel like fiddling with the mask, maybe you could cut out the red mouth part and replace it with fabric on the inside so that you'd be able to breathe more easily.
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 382x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 382x700px
Where can I get boots like Kaneda's without spending stupid amounts? I realize his jacket is going to be quite a bit but any boots that I find that are close are $200+.
>>
When making armor from EVA foam, what do you use to secure it to yourself? Some type of elastic bands or something? Specifically single sectioned armor for hands and fingers.
>>
File: image.png (107KB, 292x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
107KB, 292x350px
I couldn't find out on my own so I thought I'd ask: what's the official name of the garments Hanzo is wearing? Also, if anyone could give me tips on what fabric to pick up to get that same weight, that would be awesome. Thanks!
>>
>>9050941
Half-ass Dobak (I think that's how it's spelled). Seriously, it's like any karate jacket, just with the one arm thing. It would take some wearing and use to make the baggy sleeve not look like a starched box. Get an oversized black uniform from Century or something, you'll probably use the pants for another project at some point.
>>
>>9051014
I'd much rather make it myself to be honest, but thank you though
>>
>>9050889
Find any pair that looks right and fits well then paint it with Angelus Leather paint
>>
>>9044761

Oh I didn't expect any answers in the new thread, thanks! The video you linked was very helpful and I decided to go with a plastic cap.

I realize I may not get the answer I want to hear, but for just one day's worth, is it really worth it to spend so much on prosaide and other professional level adhesives?

I've done a fair amount of research and everyone does seem to agree that it's the best, but the idea of spending $30 dollars after
shipping and taxes are done on only adhesive and remover that I would only use a tiny fraction seems... wasteful to say the least.
>>
File: sB2IWKy.jpg (52KB, 640x711px) Image search: [Google]
sB2IWKy.jpg
52KB, 640x711px
Has anyone bought a Tekkadan jacket online? I know they're pretty easy to find online, but I'm want to know if anyone can give me feedback if they have purchased one themselves.
>>
File: lizeop_02.jpg (56KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
lizeop_02.jpg
56KB, 300x400px
Would it be possible to turn an A-line dress into one with less poof so it would work for otome kei? I love my lolita wardrobe but I rarely get to wear it. I'd like to make some of my non-print pieces into dresses I can wear without a petticoat (or at least, not a big one). I don't know anything about sewing but I plan to learn + was wondering if something like that was possible eventually. For prints I know it wouldn't work, but would it for plain JSKs/OPs? Has anyone ever heard of people trying this?
>>
>>9051470

You'll have more issues with just about everything other than the A-line cut, actually.

Your pic, for instance, what makes it really difficult to style this as otome are the ruffles and detailing around the chest, and the ruffles at the hem. They're just too fancy for the carefree, casual vibe that otome has going on. So even if you made this exact dress from scratch, with a pencil skirt instead of a flared A-line skirt, you'll still end up with something that resembles fancy evening wear than otome kei.

If you want your lolita to cross over with otome easily, the key is to buy/make dresses with simple cuts (IW being a good source for this). Avoid ruffles, bows, lace overlays, peplums, that kind of thing. Ironically enough, this means prints are easier to mix into otome wardrobes, as non printed lolita dresses tend to be the ones that have fancy detailing up the wazoo.
>>
File: 260825243_93abbe069f.jpg (47KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
260825243_93abbe069f.jpg
47KB, 500x385px
How should I go about fashioning the mask/gloves for a TT Negative Man? I'd like for the mask to be easily removable too.

I was considering wrapping gauze bandages around a baclava, but it seemed as though it would turn out lumpy.

Thank you
>>
>>9051257
Bald cap anon back!
>may not get the answer I want to hear
That's it, buddy. Cosplay is expensive. You can look into doing other bald cap cosplays in the future (or cosplays with prosthetics); try purchasing from a local costume store (if you have one) to lose the S&H costs; or ask around in your community if anyone already has materials that you can borrow.

In my experience, though, I vaguely remember using a fair amount of both liquid latex and remover (1-2 oz each) - respectively in blending the bald cap seam, and in soaking the liquid latex to get it off.
>>
File: bandages.jpg (52KB, 500x556px) Image search: [Google]
bandages.jpg
52KB, 500x556px
>>9051645
I would to exactly that: make a full face balaclava, then wrap stretchy bandages around them. A few dots of fabric glue on strategic places as you wrap and it should be good to go. Try and find fabric glue that won't discolour things. Made pic related a few years ago like that, the entire thing is fairly easy to get in and out of.
>>
>>9051816

Oh I don't actually have to deal with latex because I'm going the plastic route so I'd be dissolving edges with acetone, I was referring more to the use of prosaide or telesis adhesives to actually apply and stick the cap which seem to be sold only in various select online stores.

Thank you for your answer however.
>>
>>9051619
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! I figured it would be hard to do with prints since I'd have to match the pattern at the seams.
>>
i want to build some game of thrones armor out of EVA (haven't decided which one yet, gravitating towards Lannister soldier armor).
Now my question is, is it possible to make a silicone blanket mold from the individual foam pieces, as i want the finished armor to be cast in fiberglass?
>>
I'm wanting to do a Hisoka ( heavens arena arc) cosplay however I'm a pear shaped female, so if I was to wear a stiffened crop top I don't think I'd have his top heavy weird ass proportion, so I was considering this option. The bit I want help with though how to finish, should I keep it armory like on this one, or apply a stretch fabric on the outside so it looks like weird clothing
also could I do a slightly higher crotched harem pant for his trousers or should I look at something more fitted than that? I saw a tutorial where they just bought softball trousers but thinking that would be a bit stream lined and fitted if I went for this over the top choice
>>
File: image.png (743KB, 1065x661px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
743KB, 1065x661px
Man, there's a lot of Overwatch question here. Here's another.

What would be the best material to make her "halo" out of? I'm already thinking of attaching elastic to the back of it so I can wear it. But what can I make it out of that's not so fragile?
>>
>>9023916
Printed tattoo paper, my friends cosplay from Fairy Tail. They use the blade cut method and it should work well, if not complicated for Monkey D. Dragon. I believe you have to find a picture of just the pattern for his tattoo. Being on the face it might fold weird and the diamond bits will have to be put on carefully, but it would look so good...

Otherwise your carefully drawn plan would work. A gel eyeliner would probably work the best with brushes.

Soul patch over existing hair:
Ouch, usually spirit gum is involved with fake hair and then trimmed to size.
>>
>>9053239
I would model it using sculpey then mold it and cast in polyurethane. Glove mold and a bit of sanding should give you good enough results while also being sturdy and light.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-06-03-06h59m40s306.png (386KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-06-03-06h59m40s306.png
386KB, 720x480px
Dumb question for an Easy-mode Cosplay. What is this style of T-shirt called, and where might I procure one?
>>
>>9053526
ringer tee
>>
>>9053556
Thank you. I couldn't find the proper term!
>>
Best way to go about applying chrome to an item?
>>
File: veteran.jpg (207KB, 1920x985px) Image search: [Google]
veteran.jpg
207KB, 1920x985px
i wanna build helmet for halloween/decoration purposes, but its gonna be my first build. So im looking for tips, templates, unconventional tools or really anything that you think migh help. Im gonna use foam. Pic related, design i want to accomplish
>>
>>9053739
Search Pepakura.
Theres probably a space marine design of it.
The program helps you by unfolding the design, then you print and follow the pattern.
>>
>>9053741
thanks
>>
I'm making a helmet out of mostly paper mache right now and I've been having a really hard time getting a real smooth finish so I decided to put a layer of wood filler on the outside to sand down
unfortunately I'm not sure I bought the right kind of filler since apparently it's supposed to say that it's sandable on the container if it is and mine doesn't
if I go very gently from here on would I be able to get away with sanding it anyway or will I need to peel it off and get some specifically for sanding + if so how would I go about doing that without destroying what I have underneath
>>
>>9054322
why not try sanding it? if dust comes off, continue.
if it gunks up and sticks, chances are your piece might be ruined.
>>
>>9054374
I'd just put it on before making that post since I only then realized my mistake and I'm still waiting for it to harden up
>>
Not sure if off topic, but how do you guys find your local cosplay communities? I'm new to the south bay/silicon valley area and I'm looking to join a comm, but I can't find one online.
>>
Is it better to use a hair dryer or heat gun when working with craft/EVA foam? And if heat gun, any recommendations for brands or where to buy?
>>
>>9054404
I'm from south bay/ silicon valley area and I avoid communities at all cost because I'm an autistic sperg, that might work for you too
>>
Anyone have any ideas for a fall themed lolita coord/outfit? (Like deer, leaves, autumn colors, etc)
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (76KB, 471x698px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
76KB, 471x698px
Can anyone direct me to a pattern for long gloves, made for non-stretchy material like pleather? I'm not opposed to purchasing a pattern, I'm just having a hard time finding anything.
>>
>>9051855
What brand of bandages did you use for that? Also, should I perhaps consider painting the bandages after they've been applied? So they don't appear yellow.

Thanks for the help, btw
>>
>>9054404
I didn't know we had comms, but there are norcal gatherings every season or so and usually some other events in Japantown (SF anime and cosplay festival and a few series-specific gatherings). I basically friend as many norcal cosplayers as I can on FB and wait to be invited to events
>>
>>9054544
Basically this. There's a Bay Area cosplayers facebook group but the quality is eh. It depends on what you're looking for.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2400x2400px
Update on Russell.
>sash still on the way
>custom made badges and already sewn on shirt.
>made two flags in case shit happens
>bought/found some pins for the sash (just for fun), the rest will be "earned" at the artist alley
>also noticed that the American flag patch had adhesive on it and the embroidery place sewn it on anyway
Should I be worried about the flag patch in case I wash it be and put it in a dryer with hot hear or should I iron it to avoid the former situation (and how clothes with patches should be washed and dried)?

Also, which flag is better for use (thinking of using the longer one, but I'm open to opinions)?
>>
How does one go about making a weapon like this?
>>
>>9054603
If you've got one, or know someone who owns a 3d printer then there's this https://www.myminifactory.com/object/d-va-s-light-gun-18920
>>
>>9054600
I don't know enough to help with the patch but I dig how you're doing the badges.
>>
>>9054752
Does it need a special paint or what?
>>
>>9054771
If it's printed in ABS then it'd just need to be vapor smoothed and primed then painted whatever you like
If in PLA then it'd need to painted in filler primer first, sanded and all that then painted however you like
>>
So in ordering Asian size clothing is the rule of thumb to go up by one size or two?
>>
>>9054777
Try and find a sizing chart and go by that. Im alas too tall and fat for most asian clothing myself, alas.
>>
>>9049167
I used uniqso to get my contacts in about a week but you are gonna pay a bit for express shipping.
>>
>>9054777
Most listings tend to have a measurement chart, so definitely go by that. If not, it's always best to look at the comments. If there are no charts and no comments... They're all over the place with measurements and as a result, you can indeed have to go up one, two or even three sizes depending on your region.
>>
>>9054544
Awesome, I'm excited to check out the SF A&C, it looks like it'll be fun and I'm a fan of Reika. I'll try the FB friending tactic. I expected a really active scene in NorCal, or maybe it's just a lack of it in my college area.
>>
File: Persona-5-lead.jpg (38KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
Persona-5-lead.jpg
38KB, 640x352px
What kind of glasses does the Protagonist wear? If you could post a brand-name or a link to a picture that'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks :]
>>
>>9055572
Try these. Hope it turns out well! (Fellow Persona cosplayer here)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Oversized-Big-Round-Metal-Frame-Clear-Lens-Round-Circle-Eye-Glasses-Medium-/291670023637?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368
>>
>>9055712
Thank you coincidentally I have those as prescription lenses haha! Although I'm not too sure, as I was thinking moreso
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Black-Round-Keyhole-Style-Bridge-Retro-Vintage-Clear-Lens-Glasses-Thick-Frame-/141200123286

or

http://img.firmoo.com/p/2937/middle-2-QssiA9ly0F.jpg

What do you (or anyone else reading) think?
>>
>>9055734
His glasses seem pretty thin tho.
Is this for AX? I'm doing Philemon for the Persona gathering on Day 2. WIP. Any tips on how to do the butterfly wing design on the mask? Was thinking of using construction paper
>>
>>9055739
Yeah that's the thing... although I've seen some people online in all three glasses...
Nope, just for fun, I need new glasses soon so I was wondering what type he wore haha, as I'm literally the protag minus the swag

And sweet! I'd recommend you either use construction paper over a generic mask, or you could do paper mache.
>>
File: wrench.jpg (104KB, 1189x915px) Image search: [Google]
wrench.jpg
104KB, 1189x915px
>>9023877
hello /cgl/, it's op from 9055848, i need like a thousand studs for cheap, any places i can get em?
>>
>>9055858
Googly eyes and silver paint.
I am not kidding. This is a very common practice.
>>
>>9055869
but these are larger and square
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Does anyone have experience sewing bias tape into a very narrow inverted corner? I am sewing this bias tape in the ditch and this photo is the underside of my practice run. I've done this on 90 degree angles before but never this narrow. I can't seem to really get it right.
>>
>>9056212
Would it be okay for there to be a seam in the brown part because it would probably be easier to sew two pieces with bias tape then sew in the middle
>>
>>9055858
Literally the first thing that comes up searching "square craft studs" on ebay. try harder.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pyramid-Studs-Rivet-Nailhead-Spike-Spots-Square-Leather-Craft-DIY-Rock-Punk-/111001039823
>>
I want to start photographing cosplayers but I have no experience in doing so, what would be the best way to start?
I really love cosplay and I love photography but the most experience I have with it was when I was into the bjd hobby years ago, and photographing still objects is a lot different than photographing real people.
What would be the best way to get experience? Ask friends to pose for me? Offer free shoots at cons? Any tips, tricks, or tutorials would be helpful and much appreciated.
>>
>>9056212
1) It's not hard, just tedious. I've done it before. You just need to make the angle deeper and trim accordingly.

2) If it's still failing, then yeah, maybe sewing two pieces together is the better route out.
>>
File: 75.jpg (62KB, 433x519px) Image search: [Google]
75.jpg
62KB, 433x519px
I need help figuring a way to attach the spike. I've tried spirit gum and it works, but it only lasts for 3 minutes tops (with minimal neck movements) before the spike starts to peel/fall off.

The spike itself is light-weight (think model magic horn) and I've definitely waited long enough for the spirit gum to go tacky before trying to attach it. So I'm not sure if I'm just being stupid and doing/did something wrong or the place isn't ideal to use spirit gum.
>>
>>9056282
Spirit gum works best when treated like contact cement. Apply it to both your skin, and the spike, wait several minutes, then stick it in place and hold it there for a few minutes while applying decent pressure.
Also, it might help to shave the back of your neck as small hairs can sometimes cause problems, and make sure your spirit gum isn't expired.
If all of that still doesn't work, look into fashion tape (boob tape).
>>
>>9056350
Alright, thank you!
>>
>>9056232
If you have cosplaying friends, offer to shoot for them. If you don't, go to cons, take hall shots. If you can, find cosplayers on social media beforehand and arrange free shoots at cons. Cosplayers (especially not super famous ones) will jump at the chance to get free photos.
>>
>>9054600
Dunno about the patch, but I'd go with the long flag. Anyone know the answer regarding the patch because I did the same thing with my jacket?
>>
How safe or unsafe is it to wear circle lenses over a pair of normal contact lenses (astygmatism)??
Any tips would be nice
>>
>>9056435
very unsafe, do not do that.
>>
>>9056435
DO NOT DO THAT.
>>
>>9056440
>>9056446
thank you i was planning on trying it for a while haha, i think i'd rather see so i will use my normal contact lenses, thanks! :)
>>
>>9056475
There is no excuse for being that fucking retarded.
>>
File: Snapchat-7960789370492895867.jpg (559KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-7960789370492895867.jpg
559KB, 1080x1920px
I'm probably being super retarded right now, but is there a term for the thin kinda flimsy plastic like used on packages in pic related? Is there anywhere I could buy a large amount of it?
>>
If I want to commission a zentai suit pattern, what kind of artist should I commission? Anyone know of someone?
>>
File: haibane-renmei-screenshot-3.jpg (60KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
haibane-renmei-screenshot-3.jpg
60KB, 600x338px
I want to do a Haibane Renmei cosplay but I have no idea how to make Rakka's halo. I really want it to glow too, some people suggested I use LED stuff but I have no experience in anything like it and I just don't know where to start. I've tried to look for step-by-step tutorials but I just keep seeing DIYs for those fluffy cottony halos. Does anyone have any advice :(
>>
Does anybody know someone good who takes cosplay commissions in germany? I'd love to have a certain cosplay, but I suck at sewing.
>>
>>9056692
It's generally just called acetate, I use it at work all the time. Typically you can get it in packs of letter-sized sheets from any office supply store, but you might be able to find rolls of it online.
>>
File: 182idolizedKotori.png (136KB, 512x720px) Image search: [Google]
182idolizedKotori.png
136KB, 512x720px
How would one go about making the syringe, or rather where can I find one to buy? Google has nothing for "large novelty syringe" that's the size I want.
>>
>>9056959
large perspex/acrylic tube for the body, thick circle of foam for the centre and maybe sign board material slotted together into a cross and panelled for the centre stick plunger bit
a thin wooden dowling could be the needle and craft foam for the blue bit at the top
>>
File: Luke ROTJ.jpg (12KB, 236x380px) Image search: [Google]
Luke ROTJ.jpg
12KB, 236x380px
>>9023877
Hey /cgl/ I'm pretty new to this board but I was hoping you guys could lend me a hand. I'm looking to put together a Luke Skywalker 'Return of the Jedi' (ROTJ) cosplay but I can't find the a good looking glove/pair of gloves to go with it. I'm looking for something like in the pic related and to be as accurate as humanly possible. Any help is appreciated!
>>
File: ROTJ Glove.jpg (103KB, 634x951px) Image search: [Google]
ROTJ Glove.jpg
103KB, 634x951px
>>9057350
Same guy here, here's another image to help:
>>
>>9057350
It's a frickin black glove. Also very popular franchise so I bet Google will do something. If not maybe somewhere on RPF.
>>
>>9057359
I've seen a lot of gloves man, but nothing really looks too accurate comparably. However, I'll take a look at this 'RPF'. Thank you man
>>
>>9057350
how can you be struggling to find a black glove..ebay gives me like a million gloves that are leather with a loose wrist
>>
>>9057375
I know man, it's really easy to find black gloves, but the accuracy needs to be incredibly precise.
>>
>>9057377
then commision somebody? it's a help thread but we're not here to just do your ebay search for you
>>
What do I use to make the body of the supply on her back? It looks too translucent/transparent to just build it with foam, and I can't think of any containers in those sizes.
>>
I want to get into gothic lolita. What are good sites to order from? Any other tip would be appreciated as well.
>>
>>9057518
Look into large acrylic tubing. It might be a little pricey but I can't think of anything else that's circular, transparent, and structurally sound at the size you'd need it.
>>
File: S76Jacket.png (496KB, 633x913px) Image search: [Google]
S76Jacket.png
496KB, 633x913px
Posted this in the Overwatch thread, but may as well ask here too.

Does anyone know of a leather jacket pattern even close to pic related? I've been able to find *actual* jackets mostly matching it, but Google has been of no use finding a pattern even remotely close.

Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.
>>
>>9057518
http://www.tapplastics.com/product/plastics/plastic_sheets_rolls/thin_gauge_polycarbonate_sheets/541
Get one of these, roll it up to make a cylinder. You can layer it with cellophane for color.
>>
>>9057756
Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for! There were just so many different plastics online, so I never knew what was flexible or structurally sound enough
>>
>>9057350
>trouble finding a pair of gloves
>pair
>for Luke Skywalker
>>
>>9057843
Polycarbonate is a little flexible and come take some shock. Acrylic shatters if too thin and hit wrong
>>
>>9057869
Would the .005 work for what I'm trying to do, then? Or too thin?
>>
I've not cosplayed before, and I'm looking for a large portion of this fit. Top, scarf, bandana, and gloves.

I reckon I might be find the boots, and the jeans and belt are simple enough, but I'm not sure where to get the rest.
>>
File: midoriyaref.jpg (45KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
midoriyaref.jpg
45KB, 500x353px
i wanted to do izuku from bnha but cannot for the life of me remember the name of what material i could use for his mask. i've seen peridot cosplayers use it for their visors. what could i use that could bend into the shape i want?
>>
>>9057852
They did say glove/pair, anon. You aren't being witty. Gloves usually come in pairs, and they were only intending to use one.
>>
>>9058455
Acrylic is easily molded with a heat gun. You should easily be able to get it in a dark grey and neatly paint on the teeth. Remember to sand and steel-wool your edges, though. For the connectors, you'll want to rough up the surface and attach elastic to that.
>>
File: Selvaria_Bles_Profile.png (333KB, 555x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Selvaria_Bles_Profile.png
333KB, 555x1000px
I have a question about wigs.

I'm cosplaying Selvaria. I'm interpreting her hair as a silver as opposed to a dead white. The issue is how long it is, and I'm having a bit of trouble finding quality wigs at that length. So I guess:

>A site that sells quality, 80cm-100cm wigs (or just an ebay link) that don't look cheap
>Silver wigs that don't look gross preferably

Thanks.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
What's the best way to paint something like this? I tried taping off the white parts, and this is the result, but my ocd is kicking in, and all the little spots where it leaked is bothering me... Any tips?
>>
>>9058470
Arda's Venus in Silver would work well for that.

>>9058841
Just touch up those small areas, and try to have a very steady hand. Just don't rush it. Take your time and work in very small sections at a time.
>>
>>9058411
buy a pre made cosplay, commission or make it those are your options
I'd say just make it, the top is literally just a crop top with slits in the side (all you need to do is interface the slits, literally the only remotely technical bit and that's just ironing on interfacing) and the scarf is just a striped scarf
if by bandana you mean head band then again its just a piece of fabric with triangles sewn or painted on, and gloves are just fingerless leather gloves

since you sound kind of new, PLEASE wear a wig, like seriously do not use your own hair
also
> fit
did those cross board posts actually encourage /fa/ cosplayers? will we get people from /fa/ in decora next?
>>
>>9059170
Yeah, I was planning on getting a wig. Wasn't sure where to get one though, so I posted in the wig thread but didn't get much back besides a Jonathan wig. My hair isn't nearly long enough anyway.

I don't know about encouraging /fa/ cosplayers, since I was planning on cosplaying before I posted in the /fa/ x /cgl/ thread. I only browse /fa/ and /fit/ anyway.

Since I know pretty much zilch on any form of clotheswork, besides badly sewing up tears, I reckon I should start learning. Even if I never used it for cosplay, it'd be helpful.

When you say interfacing the slits, I assume that means to ensure that the slits stay open and don't close back up due to the natural rebound of fabric?
>>
>>9059186
I think arda would work for a wig, their wig cap sizes are large and can fit a man head in them.
>>
>>9059186
no I don't mean that ahaha, fabric cant seal its self back up, what it does is stop the fabric falling out of shape, if you look in the jojos thread theres a self post of the jospeph you're doing where if you look at the slits in the top you can see they're baggy and loose, ironing on some interfacing makes it stiffer so they lay flatter and generally look cleaner

One think I'd say is to just modify a fitting green tank top or tshirt, as you'd want to use a stretch fabric for it and that is not a 100% newbie material

seconding arda, their wigs are also fab for spiking and the have a bunch of tutorials on their site
>>
File: dva.png (145KB, 227x447px) Image search: [Google]
dva.png
145KB, 227x447px
I'm completely inexperienced in making skin tight suits. What would be the best way to get those 'stripes' that are on the her suit?
>>
>>9059210
O know that they can't seal itself back up, I meant that it'd hold the slits wide open, to leave a wide hole, rather than it falling back together, but I guess I was thinking of small slits rather than big ones that are needed for the cosplay.

I guess I'll have to start practicing with some clothes. I wish I hadn't donated all my old clothing that I bought before I was effay now. Would have had a lot to practice on.
>>
What is a good bodysuit pattern with side seams? Not really interested in Yaya's.
>>
>>9059218
This is not something you could easily do. The proper way would be to draft a pattern yourself and allow for the color blocking. it will take a lot of time and patience.
>>
So I'm looking to get a prop comissioned, and I'm surfing through cosplay.com, and was wondering if there was a resource, perhaps a 3rd party website, that has reviews of these makers/stores?
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 640x350px
>>9054600
Got a practice sash (borrowing from my cousin, got a commission on the way made from duck cloth), any advice on aligning pins in a straight line?

Tried to align them together once I started pinning and it's harder than I thought.

For the record, the Smash badge is the "Ellie Badge" for this cosplay.
>>
>>9059448
Use a meter stick
>>
>>9059451
on the pin line (at the back) or on the edges (on the front)?
>>
I have no talents at all, but I need Tracer's chest and back piece. I saw one on Etsy, but no actual photos, only reference images
I guess if I get it and it doesn't look like the reference photos etsy would have my back?
>>
do you think I should spend the time making my light/ sound circuit shut the flashing lights off once the sound stops or is it not that big a deal?
I've already got an idea how to do it but I'm not even sure if it's as big as a problem as I think it'd be, I'm only imagining I'd be triggering myself if I ever didn't do this
>>
Anyone know a good way to glue and fix on glitter on denim so it won't go fucking everywhere? I want to apply lots of glitter to the back of some Jorts for my Karamatsu cosplay and don't want to leave glittery chairs whenever I decide to sit down. It would just be an asshole thing to do.

I already have some Gütermann textile glue, anything else I should get?
>>
File: image.png (53KB, 218x564px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
53KB, 218x564px
Cosplaying pic related and I'm tossing around ideas in my head on how to do those purple blotches. I'm making the body suit out of spandex so I thought sewing them on/heat n' bonding them would ruin the stretch of the fabric. I also considered fabric dye but I'm afraid it'll just turn out black against the teal fabric. Help?
>>
>>9059487
Nope,they wouldn't, ask for real photos
>>
>>9059793
Fabric paint
Or sew on a stretch fabric
>>
>>9059861
When you say sew on, do you mean like appliqué? Wouldn't that ruin its stretch?
>>
>>9059872
I think they mean sew another same stretch fabric for the patterns.

however, if you do applique, stretch the bodice to how it will sit on you using a mannequin, then pin the applique sections in place, and sew them in while holding it stretched out. It's tricky but not impossible, and that way it won't ruin the stretch on your body.
>>
File: 428idolizedHanayo.png (158KB, 512x720px) Image search: [Google]
428idolizedHanayo.png
158KB, 512x720px
For the torso, I made plans to use craft foam for the plate, but once I bought the fabric for the dress I'm wondering if I should go for leather instead? It would be my first time working with foam in general so I'm pretty concerned, also don't want to make the dress too big and clunky, but at the same time I think the leather will look too cheap if not done perfectly.
>>
I got a tiny crown made of craft foam that i unroll/reroll for travel. What would be the best way of attaching it to the wig if I don't know how to sew?
>>
>>9060309
learn how to sew
>>
>>9060309
theres no way around it just learn how to sew,its not hard
>>
File: 61BaMYnrVnL._SX522_.jpg (24KB, 522x646px) Image search: [Google]
61BaMYnrVnL._SX522_.jpg
24KB, 522x646px
>>9023984
>Sock glue
Is it the same thing as any body adhesive (i.e. pastie glue)?
>>
>>9059218
That's an advanced level project and well beyond your skill level. I would really advise not attempting it until you have a lot more experience working with those materials and patterning colorblocking.
>>
File: Thirteen_Full_Body.png (107KB, 285x509px) Image search: [Google]
Thirteen_Full_Body.png
107KB, 285x509px
This project is pretty ambitious for me and I'm not entirely sure where to start. What kind of material should I use? Are there any patterns I can modify as a base? Any tips in general on how to start are appreciated.
>>
I'm going to be working in a dealer's hall shop for the first time, do any of you have general advice or tips? I know stealing is a big thing to watch out for due to how crowded it is and to wear comfy shoes i can stand in for hours.
>>
>>9059784
maybe if you've got something clear drying that's pretty flexible you could do a very thin layer over any glitter to prevent it from coming off
>>
>>9060380
I'd say start with the head piece first since that looks like the most complicated part and if it doesn't pan out from there then you may as well scrap the whole thing
the material looks almost puffy like Marty McFly's jacket so I'd say start there
>>
>>9060674
>then you may as well scrap the whole thing
Don't b a quitter anon.
>>
>>9060679
well if you can't figure something out for probably the most prominent feature of the cosplay there's not much you can do than take a step back and either approach it in a different way or try out something less ambitious
>>
>>9060680
>or try out something less ambitious
Or keep trying new approaches until you find a solution that works and doesn't look like trash provided you really want to do something.
>>
>>9060702
that works
>>
>>9060380
Could get a michelin man costume and you'd be halfway there already lmao
>>
>>9060612
I worked at the dealer's hall recently too for the first time and will work again in two weeks. This is what I'd strongly suggest:

>Drink water. Lots of water
>Take snacks with you that you can eat quickly and discreetly. I'm thinking granola bars but also some sweets for a sugar boost
>If your booth has chairs, sit down. You don't need to stand all the time, especially when no customers are around
>If there are no chairs, make sure to still move around. Do some discreet gymnastics when no or very few people are around. Make sure to especially move your legs and jump a lot
>Speaking of legs, my doc told me to get special kneesocks with compression next time I work at a con (was feeling super exhausted post-weekend) but personally I won't cause lol cosplay. It's so your blood won't move all the way down due to standing basically still for several hours
>Make sure to take breaks. I highly doubt you'll be on your own, especially cause you're a first timer. Tell your coworkers that you're taking a break. You should have fun too.
>If you can, eat a good breakfast. Neither me nor my coworkers had the time, so we were waiting for our boss to drop by some food from the bakery, all the while starving. You probably won't be able to breakfast at home or at all before the con, so the least you can do is grab something to-go on your way quickly. As we all know, con food is overpriced pretty often
>I didn't have to worry about stealing much cause that con had special staff dressed normally just for that. Not sure if that's the case with you

Hope it helps!

>>9060630
Sounds promising, what exactly do you mean by that though? Hairspray?
>>
Does anybody have a mirror for http://ogeeku.com/2011/through-the-eyes-of-a-cosplayer-part-3-choosing-your-character/?

I'm trying to figure out who I should cosplay, and I found this link in my searches, but it's dead.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 97

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.