[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Confession Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 40

File: image.jpg (70KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 600x450px
>>
I'm a solo lolita and have barely any contact with my local comm, mostly because I'm introverted as all hell and interacting with my coworkers on a daily basis is more than enough to tire me out.
From time to time I do get a little lonely lolita-wise, and I end up posting made up stories in /cgl/ comm threads. Some are nice, some are funny, some are dramu but I've never been called out on making shit up. A few times I've gotten replies like "Anon I think we're in the same comm!" or been accused of posting about or even being particular dramamongers, derailing the thread for at least a few dozen posts. It's fascinating to watch.
>>
I am 98% salt
>>
File: 1463352221855.jpg (11KB, 238x347px) Image search: [Google]
1463352221855.jpg
11KB, 238x347px
I am just really weird and creepy sometimes.
To the other lolitas in my comm I am apparently seen as a cute calm girl. I act properly, and dress quite well (without patting myself on the back).
For the creep part, i can sometime become kinda "obsessed" with a person? Rarely ever happens but.. If i find a girl really interesting i'll stalk her pictures on facebook,look at her wardrobe pics,scroll down her timeline or blog. It never happens anymore since i haven't found someone really interesting again since months.
But for the real creepy thing, once i bought a blouse from a girl in my comm (kind of admire her) and gosh it smelled so good...i hugged it and sniffed it for some time.
At the last meeting we went to a girl's house and i excused myself to the bathroom and secretly sneaked a peek into her room and touched some things,thought about stealing something just..even a small thing, but off course i didn't. Then quickly went in the bathroom where i looked at her makeup/shampoo/.. after peeing, and touched her beautiful cutsew hanging to dry to "try it" on myself (didn't take it off the hanger or anything) then put it back. On that day i also couldn't get my eyes off some girl's accessories and fantasized about stealing them for a short moment (i actually fantasize about that kind of things a lot? Like before going to bed i fantasized about having that girl's life, she's in my comm and her parents are reaaally well off, she always go on nice trips, do loads of cool things, has loads of pretty burando, cool friends and she's really pretty on top of it, she has my dream life) before coming back to reality.

Am i a fucking creep/weirdo or just autistic or something?
>>
>>9018852
(also i may save some pics if i'm really really obsessed, for my worst obsession i had a file with like...20 pics of her (outfits mainly), and pics of her beautiful,lavish bedroom)
>>
I absolutely hate conventions and think you're all degenerates with no future prospects. I only go to make the con experience worse for you.
>>
>>9018676
only?
>>
I go to AX specifically to hear news about the upcoming Vampire Hunter D animated series... It's been the driving force since 2009. Otherwise I hermit in the hotel and watch hulu/ room party or wonder the dealer hall. I'm completely uninterested in most other panels and end up the cosplay pack mule for friends.

>>9018868
By that logic you're also a degenerate by participating.
>>
I only take pictures of bad cosplayers so I can post them on bad cosplay threads. I tell them I like their cosplay.
>>
Whenever I go to an out of state con and someone asks where I'm from I always tell them I'm from one of the surrounding states because of how shitty the cosplay community is where I'm from and it makes me ashamed to admit I'm from there
>>
One of my best friends is starting to wear lolita and I'm really confused as to how to guide her. She bought pieces without telling me beforehand, which ended up being expensive but at least are bodyline and not something like Milanoo, but are really ugly pieces and colorways.
I tried to gently push her to the right direction but it didn't work, she's very persistent and I'm afraid of being rude to her or hurting her feelings if I go 100% honest.
I really don't want people to call her ita, she's trying to coordinate a sweet jsk in redxpink with black, while saying she doesn't like sweet..

I feel like I'm trapped between making her sad and letting others make her sad.
>>
I had a crush on a girl in my comm until I hung out with her more and she revealed how honestly vile her personality was.
Besides being blatantly racist, she'd talk so much shit about the other comm members and pick apart their coords when she hardly had any well put together ones or a huge wardrobe herself.
She uses 4chan memes in arguments and it's cringy as fuck to hear someone try to be edgy then speak in that manner.
And she rides Trump's dick hard as fuck too, he's basically her god or something and does no wrong in her eyes to the point every other person in politics is 'dumb' for not following all his ideals.
I'm pretty glad she ended up showing all this shit to me since at this point I'm on the borderline of starting to detest her when I see her at meets.
I get being blunt or whatever but it felt more like she went out of her way to be a huge cunt for no reason after showing off a stereotype 'sugary sweet' lolita vibe.
>>
>>9018984
Same here. Except she wasnt a total cunt she was just the most boring person ever .
>>
File: 1434267897593.png (40KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
1434267897593.png
40KB, 152x254px
The cosplay I wear has a mask with dark lenses that are hard for people to see through, but I can see perfectly fine. Combined with the wide field of view, I use it stare at places and people I wouldn't normally stare at.
>>
My friend group is pretty much all super shitty at cosplay and while I wouldn't consider myself a "great" cosplayer I can make stuff that fits and looks accurate to the character. I keep trying to help (because they also have a bad case of procrastination) but they have this fun habit of taking apart the parts I do for them because they couldn't figure out how to continue.
I'm at the point where I hide whatever cosplays I'm working on lest they try and "help".
>>
File: asdasd.jpg (42KB, 939x639px) Image search: [Google]
asdasd.jpg
42KB, 939x639px
Im a 1,96cm
188Kg heavy
German Male.
I really thought about cosplay.
I started to build a Armor, from Reinhardt.
But after seeing myself in the mirror i smashed everything to pieces, gave my worbla and shit away to talented people i knew. Its my own fault that im fat and i hate myself for that. but im jellous. I could change it but i have no willpower to change it.
>>
>>9019064
Also German male here.
It's time to become /fit/ bro.
It's never too late.
https://youtu.be/8svuSIYQu74

I myself would like to get into lolita but I live on the country side and literally no one has ever heard about it.
IMO it's cute but it absolutely doesn't fit me.
>>
>>9019064
Small "soft" (54kg for 162cm) french lolita here. I want to hug you and cheer you on getting fit
>>
>>9019064
Fellow German here too!
First of all, stop with that attitude. Just go get fit, and also as a male you have a shit ton of non fit characters to cosplay! Don't give up so easily! All these talented fit people work hard for themselves, and so should you instead of wasting away in misery and self pity. Go swim some laps or join a gym and start living the dream. And on your way to being fit, I am sure you can cosplay some more bulky guys. Maybe ask in the recommendation thread about what would fit you.
I believe in you!
>>9019083
Just wear any male equivalent like EGA, ad get a cute Lolita gf. Maybe she'll let you dress up in her dresses for fun.
>>
>>9019083
Live the dream germanon.
I'm sending you kawaii vibes from belgium. I think you could find a way to make it work somehow? Or you can look extra manly while wearing lolita like LadyBeard.
>>
File: unending sadness.jpg (105KB, 600x617px) Image search: [Google]
unending sadness.jpg
105KB, 600x617px
Sometimes I wonder, why even try.
I know you should do Lolita for yourself, bla bla and so on. And for the most part, that's alright by me. Usually I get through the day just fine, I have decent coords, fun at meet ups and always try my best. And, as said, that's enough for me.

But sometimes, when I am alone, scrolling through the internet, I cannot contain my vile anger. Anger over people who have a prettier face, a nicer body, better coords, more likes, can draw better than me, have more IG followers... People I consider "better" than me for some reason. Most of the time I don't care much, but once in a while, I feel like my vile, hateful side breaks through and unleashes a stream of bitter thoughts in my brain.
Why are these girls prettier, why do they have such nice dresses, why do they get more attention. Why can't I be better, prettier, more well liked? Why should I even try? Why do I constantly fail to grab people's attention? Why can I not engage more people to be interested in me, my coords, my artworks, even though I am trying? Is my best never going to be good enough for anything? Why should I keep trying if there are already so many talented, pretty people out there?

I know this is total emo edgy teen-sounding bullshit, but I cannot help myself. Sometimes, this mixture of jealousy and hate towards myself and my percieved inabilities gets so big, it cripples me so much all I can do is lay on my bed filled with anxiety and disappointment for pretty much the rest of the day.
>>
>>9019083
i just watched the video and started to cry.
this was a slap in the face. thanks dude.

>>9019098
i could use that hug. thanks.

>>9019100
thanks dude ...

Man .. maybe i should try to get fitter..
huh ..
>>
I threw a new girl in my community under the bus. She was nice, well dressed and overall pleasant to be around. She and I became pretty close, and I wanted her to myself so I isolated her from her other friends. She have PTSD, but under control when I first met her but I worsened her condition so she will be completely dependent on me.

I fucked up her reputation in comm by shitposting her pics and send in death threats, than turn around and make it look like she samefagged to gain attention.

I even went far as impersonating her investigator online. I haven't seen her since I got her expelled from her college by leaking fake information, so I'm pretty sure that she got banned from the comm by now.
>>
>>9019163
This isn't a fanfiction thread, Anon.
>>
>>9019148
You deserve better.
I went from anorexic to fatass. From fatass to fit. There are no excuses.
Every single steps towards your goal counts. Read about nutrition, learn how to cut down food intake and go for it man.

>>9019100
where do you even find cute lolitas
does hamburg have any
help

>>9019106
Considering I'm from fit, LadyBeard is probably my best bet. But the cringe will be over the top. Might search for a friend who joins me so I don't look like a single idiot in a dress.
thanks for the kawaii vibes
>>
>>9019168
its scary that you are mentioning hamburg.
im from near hamburg (the really huge fatass guy) if you are at the chisaii con and see a huge ass fatguy with purple shrit and a worn out jeans. its me.
>>
>>9019163
Sounds like some shit Atlanta or Arizona comm would do
>>
File: ed2.gif (259KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
ed2.gif
259KB, 500x375px
>>9019148
You can do it anon! We believe in you.
>>
>>9018960
There's probably a reason she did not ask you first. Are you sure YOU are a good lolita? If so, I'd let the others do it. It might ruin your friendship if you try to critique or guide her lolita. Let her learn on her own so you dont have to be put in the position to judge her.
>>
>>9019167
Exactly. No one will believe this story, people will assume she's the attentionwhore. I got away with it.

>>9019183
Close.
>>
>>9019177
never went to a con before
none of my friends were ever interested in animu so I never got to go
but might have a reason now

you've watched the video
you know how it goes
turn off your pc right now
put away whatever you're eating
drink some water, brush your teeth and head to bed
you'll make it dude
Hauste rein mien Jung
>>
>>9019131
You'll always feel like this if you aren't doing things to please yourself. Likes, attention and all the rest come to the people FOR following their own path doing and getting good at the things they love, practicing what makes them happy. You've got the whole idea backwards. Stop paying so much attention to others. Dedicate yourself to the things you love (do some solo soul searching to find out what they are if you need to), then throw yourself into getting better at them. I always notice this about people and I always like and am drawn to the people who are following their passions and dreams. It's a big part of what makes me like or admire them.
>>
>>9019083
I live in the Canadian country side and no-one here has heard of it either, but I still wear it and meet up with the community in the closest major city when I'm able.
Do it for yourself!
>>
>>9018944
I like you
>>
>>9019064
This is why I wish we could have a 'get fit' progress and encouragement thread here on cgl just for cosplay and lolita people. I don't think /fit/ would leave us alone to make a thread to do it there, would they? Has anyone tried it?
>>
>>9018852
Yes this is weird and creepy if you are 18+, but just kind odd but understandable if you are like 13 and don't have much money or confidence.
>>
>>9018868
I don't like most cons, 'con culture' or people who go to them so I pick and choose the things I go to, don't 'hang out' at the con much at all, just walk around enough to take some snaps of good cosplay and cute lolita coords, walk the Artist Alley (often buy a few pieces) go to the concert if there is a band and then fill in the weekend with resting room time, going out to a nice place in town or catching up with a few friends. I think it's a much better way to participate in cons. Dealer stuff is usually over-priced, dance or rave is lame, open and closing and awards are boring.
>>
>>9019233
yeah we have a fat hate thread there everyday.
check it out
>>
>>9019200
Holly, stop.
>>
>>9019247
I checked out the fat hate thread, that's not what cosplayer or Lolita fitness-seekers would get 'motivated' by. I'm not 'overweight but not obese' according to my bmi (and yes I read the fit sticky) and I'm ready to clean up my eating and join a gym to start a fitness program including lifting so which threads in particular would you suggest a flabby and out of shape female start in /fit/ and not get a lot of shit about it because she wants to look good in her dresses and cosplays?
>>
>>9019197
I believe I'm good, not amazing, but good. She's just always been like this.. I guess you're right, I'll let her learn on hew own
>>
File: lolitasyndrome.jpg (98KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
lolitasyndrome.jpg
98KB, 600x599px
>>9018203
I browse /cgl/ relatively often just to cringe and laugh at how crazy all of you are. I have near zero respect for anyone who goes out of their way to dress in lolita and follow a set of rules so she can look like literally all the other girls who dress in lolita. It's unimaginative and has communities riddled with struggles for status. To the be big fish in the small pond.

I laugh at how immature most of you are, constantly jealous of everything and anything that you don't have and others do, consistently salty.

I think you're pathetic, yet I come here to kinda bask in the beautiful humanity of it. It's a comfortable sort of disgust, the one I feel when I read most of these threads.

You're all awful human beings and you are also mostly perfectly aware of it, it's actually kind of charming.

Tbh though, I hate conventions and haven't been to one for many years. You all smell awful. Lolitas and cosplayers and the average convention attendee... You all smell offensive and I literally can't go to conventions due to it.

Not like I care enough to go spend money on media consumption.
>>
My friend just told me that her other friend said that people think her original cosplays are "loud and weird". Unfortunately I agree but lack the social skills to tell her properly. I want her to still keep participating in the hobby and I don't want to come across as harsh (or too harsh).

She's so naive. She questioned her friend because she thinks that "loud and weird" could be seen as a compliment. She even asked me if I think her friend is just jealous (I told her I didn't think so). She always puts a bunch of extra shit on her costumes that she doesn't need and usually looks like a gaudy mess. It doesn't help that she generally still has the mind of a teenager and she's almost 30.
>>
File: Biden_anime.png (679KB, 533x751px) Image search: [Google]
Biden_anime.png
679KB, 533x751px
I'm a cosplay sugar daddy. There are two ladies I like buying supplies for just so I can watch them cast big shadows on other cosplayers.

It's like offering a bodybuilder steroids right before the olympics. I've got a great relationship with my one sugar baby. We hit Otakon together where I watch her show off in the main entrance way. I tend to creep and watch by the fountain area. Been doing this for two years and get hard every time I think about it.
>>
File: url.jpg (14KB, 262x193px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
14KB, 262x193px
I'm mad at myself for not being as nice as I get older.

I saw a Yaya poster in the store today and mentally congratulated her on using her race, being a bitch to people, and fake tits to get to where she is now.

Cause that's how I will always see her. I've known her since 1999 and it's just different when you watched it all happen.
>>
File: OP.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
>>9019590
>>
File: 1915703_187828841199_8123794_n.jpg (30KB, 452x604px) Image search: [Google]
1915703_187828841199_8123794_n.jpg
30KB, 452x604px
>>9019631
>mfw anon's so triggered that he attempts a meme picture rebuttal as to not let any emotion through.

Besides, /cgl/ are the real edgelords desu, doesn't get any worse than this board as far as try harding goes. Genuinely interested people with innocent intentions aside, that is.
>>
>>9019590
TL:dr. No one cares.

I just want to know what the t-shirt says.
>>
>>9019612
So let her be loud and weird? Who cares as long as she is having fun. I never understand why friends think they need to tell other friends to do or not do something or care how they behave unless they are complete and total spergy weirdos and if that's the case, why are you friends with them?

Ditto for the lolitas who have so-called ita friends and fret and fuss over it. Do you think you will get the ita cooties standing next to them? Who CARES what other people do, just leave them be.
>>
>>9019590
Looks like someone got called ita at a con and is still butthurt about it.
>>
I fucked like 3 gulls last year at Momocon and never talked to them again
>>
>>9019684
>projecting this hard.

I actually enjoy laughing at the ita threads, lolita is super easy and even has premade rules and full outfits that already come with all the matching accessories, how can you even fail at that?

But, again, the painfully comedic part of itas is mostly about how easy it is so look good but how they just appear to deliberately decide to look bad. Meanwhile, the REAL lolitas, actually only look good because they buy 2000$ worth of burando crap that all matches itself to begin with.

Both are delusional about their actual ability to coordinate an outfit.

Of course, there are exceptions. I've seen quite a few girls who pull off really interesting looks, but most of the lolitas are just really basic and the equivalent of Chanel/YSL/etc. obsessed normies.
>>
I rarely give people concrit because I really do not care if they ever improve. I'm not in the fashion to trade tips or encourage anyone else, just to enjoy my own growing collection of beautiful things.

Someone told me they think that's selfish, because I could be helping people improve but why should I care? To be fair, I don't ask for concrit either so I don't feel like I owe it to anyone. I know how to dress and what to wear.

Do you care that much if you get or give concrit, gulls or are you just happy in your own little beautiful lolita bubble?
>>
File: mfwpoorfag.gif (928KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mfwpoorfag.gif
928KB, 320x180px
All I buy is second-hand brand or handmade but I still look down on replica-chans for art theft/not suporting their favorite brands.
In truth I'm no better than they are, I'm just funneling money to other lolita's instead.
>>
>>9019650

>It doesn't help that she generally still has the mind of a teenager and she's almost 30.

She can fit in fine in public until she starts talking. Despite her flaws she is a good person at heart, she just needs to be more aware of how she acts and appears to others.
>>
>>9019705
And you are the one who thinks they should decide how someone speaks or acts in public? Sounds like YOU are the one having a problem or some kind of control issue.
>>
>>9019703
I think you are much better. The money you use to buy someone's used brand will usually go to them buying more brand. Replica money just goes into art thieves pockets or to replica-chans buying more replicas. Used brand, off-brand and handmade are just fine, anon. If you really feel you want to directly buy from a brand then save up, wait for a clearance sale or buy an accessory or some sundries once in a while.
>>
>>9018852
This is why I wouldn't have a tea or gathering at my house even though I have a lovely space for it. Not unless I put locks on all the room doors and emptied the bathroom ov everything.
You are a creepy weirdo.
>>
>>9019703
Yeah you are anon!

At least with 2nd hand, the money made it to the brand when the dress was 1st bought. With replica that would never happen
>>
>>9019690
Why are you so mad?
>>
I think "normie" is the spergiest tryhard edgelord term I've ever heard, and I roll my eyes every time I see it.
>>
>>9018944
You and I are the same
>>
>>9019724
Idk, I'd rather be called a normie than some terms like cis het scum, being told to check my priv just for going along being a middle class white chick, minding my business and some of the other 'creative' terms that various speshul snowflake groups have come up with for people without visible problems, impairments or odd behaviors or lacking overly awkward manners, fetishes, bronyisms and immediate over-share tendencies.

Yeah, I'll take 'normie'.
>>
>>9019716
I think this is the backlash of either a failed lolita, a fatty, a poorfag or a woman-hating dude. Or some combo of above.
>>
>>9019724
I'm fine with it as a neutral description but when someone uses it as an insult I cringe real hard.
>>
>>9019733
>Has to be a backlash
>Can't be an actual person with no disgusting /cgl/ tier personality traits

You know, even in this thread you amuse me. Even the sheer concept of someone confessing to hating you and finding you repulsive because of how ugly your personalities are seems to confuse you if you don't somehow try to explain it with "anon's just jealous!!!".

Sorry, no.
That's not how it works.
I come on /cgl/ for the shock factor, I never used to come here, but I started lurking because after I accidentally ended up here, I just found your behaviour to be incredibly intriguing and amusing.
>>
File: 1431675743778.gif (983KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1431675743778.gif
983KB, 500x364px
>>9019742
You sound pretty awful yourself.
>>
>>9019742
>>9019590
>>9019635
>>9019690

>I'm not pathetic you are!

Please say you're trolling anon, otherwise this is just too sad.
>>
>>9019742
Finding something that you hate, that repulsed you, that you consider ugly and yet you don't turn away from makes you the audience, posting here, the participant, critiquing, the belittler as well.
Surely you don't think you are any better knowing this? And yes, I do think something here triggers you, even as it draws you. Most people don't just stumble across something disgusting to them and then stick there, riveted, posting more and more.

So now YOU become the sideshow, the idiot who has nothing better to do than to glue themselves to something they say they despise yet can't seem to pull themselves away from, spewing post after post.
Just like hey, a seagull.
:^)
>>
>>9019754
I wish I too tried this hard to do a compelling argument about anything and failed to realize that assumptions as premises will forever mean that you are going to be wrong.

(These were my very first posts ever done in /cgl/, and yes, people do enjoy looking at things that disgust them from time to time, for many reasons, a part of it is related to how fascinating the REAL side of human beings can be).

>>9019751
Sorry, my ego is generally too inflated for me to feel offended by this. Gimme more (You)s.

>>9019749
I guess I am pretty awful to be quite frank with you. I come here on the occasion just to link threads and posts to people I know will be amused with the shit that people say here.

>I wonder what those crazy goofs are up to today.

Is what goes through my mind.
>>
>>9019727
Anon you really need to get help especially if your teeth are yellowing because that means you're damaging the enamel. You can't replace that shit.
Please, even if you think it's hard, do yourself a kindness and contact a eating disorder group. Nothing, no brand, no cosplay, no jfashion is worth losing your health. I'm sure some salty anon may say otherwise, but honestly. Please. Do yourself a kindness. Push yourself to get help please.
>>
>>9019763
You're so special.

My feel is the feeling of glory with you realize a dress you foolishly bought too small finally fits. All that starving did me good.
>>
>>9019766
You girls are so delusional, this is just too great to not reply to and generate more of.
>>
>>9019732
>awkwardly shoehorning anti-SJW rant into this
No, normie sounds like dumbfuckery.
>>
>>9019233
don't even try
outside of plg, fraud, cbt and oly no one actually lifts
it's mostly shit posting of people who've never even seen a gym from the inside
if you want a thread dedicated to fitness better stay on cgl
>>
>>9019763
So if you are here and you aren't (and don't want to be) a lolita or a cosplayer, yet you post about and to us, hm.
I think we call those "creepers" don't we?
>>
I just impulsively bought another dress when I know I don't need it. I already bought a ton of shit and I just clicked and now it's mine. Only $150 but I have about $800 worth of other lolita stuff I still need to pay off my credit card. I hate myself.
>>
>>9019807
love yourself
>>
>>9019775
I wasn't trying to shoehorn any rant in. From my experience, those are the only kinds of people who mostly feel the need to tag others not like them with labels. I've never heard a cosplayer or a lolita call someone who doesn't cosplay or wear the fashion a 'normie'.
But if the worst thing someone can think to call me is a derogatory shortening of 'normal' then I do find it pretty funny!
>>
>>9019783
A lot of /fit/ is dumb but they should just go into the generals and stay there. Definitely do not listen to /cgl/ about diet or lifting advice, a lot of shit I have read here on fitness has been down right, pants-on-head retarded.
>>
>>9019793
Of course, there's no other possible reason that I'd want to be here if I don't cosplay or am a lolita if I didn't want to at least fuck you.

Please, it's not even amusing anymore, this is starting to worry me on a genuine level, the shit you're saying demonstrates you have really unhealthy levels of delusion.

>>9019807
This is no different from an addiction and I hope you manage to find a way to help yourself or at least find someone who will help you. Loving yourself will be a way to unlock self-respect and it will help you avoid debt for the sake of some dumb cloth.
>>
>>9019820
People on /cgl/ use "normie" all the time, but I think it's more tongue in cheek than anything.
>>
File: singlewhitefemale.jpg (429KB, 1500x2184px) Image search: [Google]
singlewhitefemale.jpg
429KB, 1500x2184px
>>9018852
That's creepy as fuck, anon.
>Pic related
>>
>>9019828
Oh I'm totally aware I have a problem. It's because I'm severely depressed and use shopping as my outlet to be happy. I know it's a problem yet I keep falling victim to it over and over. It sucks.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 637x624px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 637x624px
I can't stand when people complain about Jfashion people being shallow. It's a fashion based hobby, obviously how well you dress is important. What kind of moron is shocked that a group of people who's shared interest is clothing judges others based on their outfits? It's not ok to be cruel to people who are working on improving, but people who dress poorly and then get mad when people don't applaud them have no place in Jfashion.

If you joined basketball team and then got mad when people told you that you can't just hold the ball and run, they'd laugh you off the court. If you joined an artist community and got pissed that people dared critique your shitty drawings they would want you gone too. What makes people think that Jfashion is some alternate reality where you'll be praised no matter how terrible you are?
>>
>>9019824
I really want to get more fit, my boyfriend and I have toured some gyms and I think he likes one, so we can join, but so much of /fit/ community here is so, well, weird. But I DO want to join an online fitness community that I can get fit with while staying at least semi-anon on but share goals, progress, victories, problems etc. so what to do?
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 500x282px
>>9019846
Wrong pic
>>
>>9019148
Get BIG nigga!

WHOOOOOO

Jk cut first but then get big nigga
>>
>>9019846
>>9019846
Good point and a good set of analogies to bring up in Lolita 101 panels, and mention when noobs cry and itas whine. I like this post!
>>
>>9019841
Are you me? I'm having the exact same problem for exactly the same reason- I always think that compulsive shopping is a good distraction from doing bad shit to myself. It's slightly reassuring that I'm not alone in this.
>>
>>9019698

Eh, I give concrit when I'm bored and think I can help with the topic, so it's not like I have some altruistic ideal either.

There's a feel-good hormone that gets released whenever you help someone out, or you give a gift to someone. Most of the time I view exchanges of advice/con crit as a situation where the person asking for help gets help, and the person giving help gets a nice dose of that happy hormone, plus it fills their need for human interaction and belonging to a tribe. So it's not a one-sided thing where one party spends time and enery to help the other, it's more of a win-win situation where one side gets help and the other gets happy hormones.
>>
File: 3Jss11Q.jpg (211KB, 1023x811px) Image search: [Google]
3Jss11Q.jpg
211KB, 1023x811px
>>9019849
>share goals, progress, victories, problems
fit has threads for all of these
but you'll have to deal with L O N D O N under every single post
might as well just try anyway. and get your bf into it as well so you both stay motivated
/fit/ was the first step towards getting into fitness. but the more I lift the less time I spend on that board as the retardation knows no limits
>>
>>9019880
>So it's not a one-sided thing where one party spends time and enery to help the other, it's more of a win-win situation where one side gets help and the other gets happy hormones.
adding to this, in public scenarios it also educates others and raises the community standard, even just a little, if the concrit is good. the benefits potentially extend beyond the two people directly involved.
>>
>>9019590
Someone sounds butthurt that her coord got called ita.
Lolita is like any other fashion there are "rules" to define it nigga. Just like goth. If you just wear black that doesn't make you a goth. Same for lolita. There is a basic silhouette,basic rules,.. just wearing some dress with lace and a bows on it doesnt make you lolita. If you can't handle something as simple as that just go back to wearing your edgy clothes to be "not liek everyun!1!"
>>
>>9019891
I wonder if that's the girl that got told her dress was a crappy lace monster?

Anyways, I'd rather conform to the rules of an alternative fashion than look like an edgy special snowflake try hard normie.
>>
>>9019891
>>9019898
Absolutely fucking delusional. I've never even worn anything Lolita. How many times are you going to try to salvage the fact that someone who isn't ita or got bullied by you actually just straight up finds you disgusting? The whole behavior you're trying to pull right now is incredibly ugly. What's worse is that you are so delusional that you will never believe that you actually are horrible people.

I just have a really morbid curiosity towards you girls and the shit that happens in your communities.
>>
File: 1439881078679.jpg (35KB, 478x373px) Image search: [Google]
1439881078679.jpg
35KB, 478x373px
>>9019148
you sound a bit like one of my exes (also german) who just got used to his body weight and never did anything to change it, because 'can't get better anyway so what's the point.' but that's wrong, so fucking wrong. you have control over your body.
go and sign up for a gym. have a meeting with a PT, they'll tell you where to start and make sure that you don't break your back or something by doing something wrong.
if you don't feel ready for that yet, at least start moving. walk every day for at least 30 minutes, then after a few months try running. C25K is a good program, once you've dropped a bit of weight. take public transport to school or work, German transport is good so you have no excuse.
cut the shit food out of your life. one bad thing a day is okay (for me, but don't drop everything 'bad' at once, go one by one). drink water instead of soda, if you stick with it you'll understand how great water is and how sweet soda really tastes. eat until you're no longer hungry not until you're full. fruit is awesome and sweet and healthy.

>>9019297
as I just said above, meet with a PT at the gym and have them give you a basic plan/tips on what to do. /fit/ is free and great and all but nothing beats a real human who sees your body and responds to exactly what you want to achieve

>>9019903
I'm surprised my fellow gulls haven't picked up on this yet
>pic related
>>
>>9019613
Be my sugar daddy anon
>>
>>9019898
That's what I thought too, she pulled the most pathetic "I don't even care anyway " nonsense after getting all upset that people were telling her the truth about her dress. Sounds a lot like this anon.
>>
>>9019919
Ahhhhhhhh, makes sense.
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 625x415px
>>9019919
I assumed this was going on.
>>
>>9019903
Creeper.
>>
I post in just about every single thread, pretending to be a part of that specific community.

I'm also a guy. I've been doing this for 3 years.

I don't really know why, it's kinda relaxing and almost like meditating, pretending to be a girl or from another country, saying that you look forward to meet fellow gulls and so on.
>>
>>9019829
Normie is just a way to say someone who isn't into jfash/cosplay/anime, people use it on other Japan-related websites. It isn't an insult, it's just used instead of 'normal people', because a few years back, everyone would be like 'hurr durr what is normal?' and sperg over it.
>>
>>9018868

>pays 60+ dollars for tickets
> goes only to bother people

What was that about no future prospects?
>>
>>9019885
>/fit/ was the first step towards getting into fitness. but the more I lift the less time I spend on that board as the retardation knows no limits
This. So much this.
Whenever people ask about /fit/ I normally just tell them to read the sticky and then leave the board. Too many threads are just about memes and shitposting now-a-days.
>>
>>9021483
I mostly see it used as a derogatory term, as in "ugh why is she wearing that ugly normie blouse with AP." It just smacks of special snowflake tryhard.
>>
>>9021793
its not inherintly derogatory. Again, normie just means 'regular, 'average' etc. It doesn't mean something is bad or shitty, just that it's very...common, for lack of a better word.

If you're wearing an average, everyday looking shirt with your coord then you're going to catch shit. It doesn't mean the shirt is BAD, just that it doesn't have a place in an otherwise very dressy outfit.
>>
>>9021793
You're prefacing it with 'ugly', which makes it derogatory. You can, for example, wear a normie peter pan collar blouse with a skirt and call it otome. If you wear normie anything (minus a few accessories) with lolita, it's not lolita, since normie = not lolita by definition.

Aka 'I don't like those normie shoes with such a sweet outfit' = 'those shoes aren't pastel/have any cute bows and generally don't meet the mark for lolita, it is out of place'

Alternatively, shoes like mary-janes and oxfords are considered normie, and are welcomed readily into the fashion. Lots of people recommend payless mary janes for girls that need extra support.
>>
I love the smell of secondhand Japanese brand. Does anyone who buys from mbok or y!a know what I'm talking about? It gives me such a nostalgic and happy feeling of getting a new dress, even if I've had the dress for a while.
It doesn't seem like an individual skin smell, since I recognize it from pieces from different sellers. But it's a vaguely skin-like scent. There's another distinct scent that almost smells like grape candy. Sometimes it smells like a mixture of both.
I can't tell if it's a really popular detergent or the air/people in Japan just happen to smell sweet.
>>
>>9022439
Grape hi-chew smell! I know exactly what you're talking about anon! I love that smell too. A lot of my second hand packages come in smelling like grape candy/bubble gum, and plastic haha. It's weird, but I love it too. Don't know about that skin cell smell though....idk what that even smells like
>>
>>9019846
This so much.
>>
File: 1409282100909.png (120KB, 500x298px) Image search: [Google]
1409282100909.png
120KB, 500x298px
>>9019849
>>9019885
>>9021792
>>9019064
>>9019083

As an ex /fit/izen, for the love of god, do not hang around there longer than you need to click on the sticky.

There is one essential problem with all online fitness communities, which is that the fundamentals of fitness have already been puzzled out and are never going to change. Ever. Because of that, the only things that /fit/ can talk about are the details.

Fitness details am death. Fitness details are things like the nutritional merits and failings of avocado on bread. They are things like the differences between incline bench and regular bench.

Because details are only being tested by bro scientists with too much time on their hands instead of actual scientists, every single finding is totally anecdotal and will thus be argued about until the end of time, because everyone is getting different results, and not isolating variables at all, and having a study group of one person (themselves and perhaps their no-homo twink protein dispenser).

Spending any time at all amongst discussion of these details, especially if you're new to fitness, will make you think that these things actually matter. They don't. They do not matter at all. Then when a new cycle of fresh meat rolls up to /fit/, they think these topics all the big strong men are arguing about actually matter, because they don't know shit themselves.

Then the old /fit/izens leave or die in a sauna high on creatine, and all that's left are the noobs arguing about shit that they don't understand and don't realise doesn't matter.
>>
File: whatyouneed.jpg (227KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
whatyouneed.jpg
227KB, 1024x768px
>>9023799
So what the fuck is the alternative? First let me clarify this advice is totally unisex. Yes, even if you don't want to look bulky. Yes even if you want to be a qt trap. This is just healthy living.

>Read the sticky.
>Buy a SECOND HAND, rusted ass barbell.
>Buy a SECOND HAND, rusted ass benchpress bench.
>If all you own are high heels and steel tipped nazi boots, buy $10 sneakers/runningshoes and pay not a cent more.
>Apart from perhaps a pullup bar and maybe a squat rack (which you can get later), these are the only things you need. Don't let any shills tell you otherwise.

>Go to a gym that advertises itself as a powerlifting gym or an olympic lifting gym and ask the oldest dude with the biggest legs to teach you good form. If you're too shy for that, ask one of the staff there. Once you've got it down, go back home and do it alone.
>Base your workout around the four fundamental lifts. Benchpress, Overhead Press, Squat, Deadlift. If you want a particular muscle group get bigger, add an exercise that targets that. Bicycle crunch and planks for abs. Curls and reverse curls for biceps. ect.
>Start jogging. If you can't jog for more than a few paces without feeling like you're about to die, don't worry, you're in the same boat I was. Go out at midnight and start running for a long as you can. Then walk. Then run. Rinse and repeat.

>Cut down on junk food little by little with the goal of not eating any in 3 months.

>Most importantly, make the first step the easiest you'll ever take, or you are sure to fail.
>>
>>9018203
I have fantasies of going out on dates while in cosplay, maybe occasionally acting in character.
>>
I get really jealous of younger cosplayers. I'm in my early 20s and have been interested in cosplay since I was a 12 year old weeaboo but never had money to partake, and I don't understand where all these young teenagers I see in the con scene get the money for it. It's very petty but I wish I had all the opportunities these kids seem to have, knowing that they can enjoy it for longer and gain skills I don't even have by the time they're my age.

>>9018852
Everyone is saying how weird/creepy you are but I don't really see the harm in this? As long as you never actually steal or damage anyone/thing this isn't that bad. Tbh if someone did this to me I'd be flattered because it means they life a live worth envying. Maybe I'm just weird too though.
>>9019613
hmu anon
>>
I'm a mid-twenties guy who only has a occasional thought about cosplaying (mostly as one or two characters, since I'm gigantic, balding, but can grow a p. nice bard and can do the bald look pretty well). I mostly come to this board because I have a fetish for cute floofy dresses. Not wearing them, just admiring them on others.

Also socially maladjusted girls who constantly rp each other apart are kind of hot.

I'm slowly getting fit, but it kind of saddens me that I'll never be able to get a qt cosplay GF, and that the few times I've been to cons have always ended in a crippling sense of loneliness because I can't even make friends with other awkward people.

Honestly I'm starting to think I should just stop going to cons altogether. The panels are fun but there's always that moment late at night when I'm walking around the venue and I realize I'm all alone and if I try to make friends it'll come off as creepy. Probably because it is.
>>
>>9023944
>I get really jealous of younger cosplayers. I'm in my early 20s and have been interested in cosplay since I was a 12 year old weeaboo but never had money to partake, and I don't understand where all these young teenagers I see in the con scene get the money for it. It's very petty but I wish I had all the opportunities these kids seem to have, knowing that they can enjoy it for longer and gain skills I don't even have by the time they're my age.

I feel like I could have written this. I'm 23 and barely making simple costumes, and barely have the money for that. I'm so jealous of these kids cosplaying/wearing lolita so young.
>>
I'm jelly as fuck of this girl in my comm who gets a ton of money from her parents and boyfriend to pretty much sit on her ass and buy brand, take selfies, blog about buying brand and taking selfies and goes to Japan to buy brand and take selfies and blog at least once a year. We're the same age and while my parents do chip in sometimes, I'm working my ass off in grad school to the point where I'm too tired to do anything cute on the weekends. My fiancé is a sweetheart but would prefer saving up for a house over buying me frilly dresses.
I keep telling myself I should be proud that I'm a well-adjusted adult who is doing the right thing and I'll have something to show for my hard work later, but I can't help but feel that I'm wasting what's left of my youth while this girl is living the life I really want to have. It doesn't help that she's fat and kind of ugly and I would definitely look cuter in those dresses than she does.
>>
This girl that I dislike is trying to get into Lolita. She is kinda efamous. And even though I wish it was jealously, the issue is she is real mean. She has slut shamed me and other girls even though she strips, is abusive to her boyfriends, takes advantage of her friends and fans with made up stories to conjure pity, is manipulative, and is overall just a real mean person and needs help. Idk. There is just something about her getting into something my friends and I are into and care about that rubs me the wrong way.
>>
>>9019590
I think you meant to post in the cringe thread, anon
>>
>>9023969
nice triple bait
>>
>>9023878
I dress up like a Nazi with my partner in private: so with that in mind, going out on dates in cosplay & in character sounds like a cute thing to do anon.
>>
>>9018960
I have ita friends as well, but I don't care how they look as long as they are happy with it. If she doesn't tell you just bring it up yourself? Just ask if she's planning on buying anything, ask which brand and style she likes so if you see something for sale from that brand or style you can show it to her. But don't act superior just because you liked lolita first. Maybe she just has bad/different taste, you can't change that, and maybe she doesn't like your coords either.
>>
>>9019612
The other friend brought it up so I don't see why you have to solve this issue. But it's much better to be specific and nice about these kind of things. Instead of saying your cosplay is weird, explain what she should improve specifically. With pictures of her previous cosplays if necessary. I don't get how you don't have enough social skills to tell her the cosplay should look like the character and she shouldn't add random shit the character doesn't have.
>>
>>9021841
Oh dear, I'm not a real lolita because of my normie bag, shoes, tights and headbow?
>>
>>9024617
Nobody said anything about your identity, rere. They were talking about outfit components.
>>
I am in a poorfag country with almost no lolitas at all. I am irrefutably the one with the biggest wardrobe and experience, because I am lucky enough to have a moderately well paying job. My goal is to actually create a solid community with members that care about the fashion and see it grow. I don't think it is completely unattainable since we already have a growing cosplay community and people spend lots of money in constructing costumes.
I wan't to try my best to do it, organize meets, organize GOs, even sell pieces to the local comm for a steal, because in the end, when the comm stands, I want to be the queen bee of them all.
>>
I was invited to a con by nice, if overweight, weeaboo I knew in high school. I haven't gone to a con in years but I'm tempted to go just so I can show her and her friends that I'm a cute skinny lolita now.
>>
I recently got into the lolita comm in my city and they're really sweet. I checked out the facebooks of some of the girls I met. One said she sprayed diarrhea all over a dress by accident during a huge event, cleaned it "as best as she could" and sold it at a swap meet. Everyone in the comments were laughing at the person that bought it. I should have listened to all the people that said this comm was notorious for being nasty.
>>
>>9018984
hey reddit
>>
>>9024617
Exactly. Now you get it.
>>
>>9024565
I say the sooner she gets into the fashion, the sooner she'll get out of it. The lolita community is small and word gets around quickly. Don't discourage her, but don't feed the flames either. Just watch her crash and burn (and stand up for your friends if she decides to screw with them).
>>
>>9022439
Me toooo. I know exactly what you're talking about (the non-fruity smell, never had the grape candy scent) and I wondered the same thing about detergent.
>>
>>9018944
We are one anon
>>
>>9024558
Your jelly is intense but I can relate somewhat. I just finished my Bachelor's, now about to throw myself into more school so I can get my dream job, at the earliest, when I'm 28. I feel obligated/am expected to aim high job-wise, but sometimes I wish I could be like my lolita friends: working part time, making crafts to supplement their income, spending their free time on their hobbies and traveling to cons and planning events. My job will become my life. Yeah, it'll be great because I love what I'm studying and will do, but sometimes I'm like fuck... Why didn't I go to art school and make a meager but happy living? Especially knowing I would've worked really hard to improve, and that a 9-5 would be bearable if I could do what I really love the rest of the time. At this rate I'll never have time for frills and fun, even though I'll be able to afford it, and that makes me really sad. I'm not so jealous of other people's clothes as I am their ability to spend time with one another and become great friends who share fun hobbies.
>>
Every time I see mothers who have no idea what lolita is, I feel so bad when they make some thing for their daughters they think is lolita.

I want to tell them but I feel like I will be super rude. I don't have the heart of telling them because I think it's so sweet that they're trying aha
>>
I think the one thing I do the most that I hate myself for is judging the cosplay photos of other people.

Like I can see how to enhance photos and / or take better angles but the sad part is that I don't know anyone that I could take photos of that either hasnt stopped cosplaying or isnt part of a niche that thinks youre a creeper for asking for a photoshoot outside of the con season.

Once you see a style of photo done once its hard to see it again 10000 times every con and I wish I could find the motivation to do background specific costumes.
>>
I want friends so we can sew and take cute pictures irl..

But I'm hideous in personality (clingy) and looks.
>>
>>9025271
Thanks for the advice anon. I totally agree with you and appreciate the support.
>>
I joined the military to leave my shit home, and make money to buy burando.
>>
>>9025571
Was it a hard decision for you to make?
>>
>>9018852
I'm a creepy fuck too anon. Just don't get juices on people's things or actually steal and it's all harmless fun.
>>
I don't really like cosplay and the like, i just do it because i like girls that dress up senpai. Thats the best way too meet cute girls that dress up as anime characthers.
>>
File: P11OJ213_madoka-01_medium.jpg (18KB, 180x240px) Image search: [Google]
P11OJ213_madoka-01_medium.jpg
18KB, 180x240px
>>9025593
It was

Cons:
-lost contact with lots of friends
-can't see siblings grow up
-sexually assaulted in tech school
-most people in military are shit

Pros:
-financially independent(can afford car/rent)
-learn to adult
- saw South America
-met awesome friends and fiance
-occasional money for cons/lolita (bought first dress from Aatp!)
>>
I'm a girl that secretly dreams of meeting my dream girl on this board. Cute, feminine, nerdy, submissive and passionate... maybe even bi and into polyamory with a nerdy guy as well. I'm a huge loser who will never find real love with a girl.

I don't understand any of these fashions, but I respect it and like looking at pretty girls enjoying something they love.

I'm a giant faggot.
>>
>>9025633
I can't decide if I should join or not. My family is a constant source of drama and I doubt I'd ever be financially stable enough to go to a good Uni, so doing it to learn career skills or get money for school sounds really nice. I just turned 24 so I'm at the point where it's become do or die.
>>
File: 1463940407097.jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1463940407097.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
I buy my sister Lolita clothing and shit for her to wear around me. Also my family family knows this and it creeps them the fuck out. But hey I make $30/hr and still live with my parents.
>>
>>9025651
I joined at 22. I was a college dropout. (hard to be a full time student when raising 3 kids) If you have good math and reading comprehension skills you'll be able to land a better/ cushier job. Don't do anything in the nuke field, their school sucks, you work your ass to the bone for that enlistment bonus and you're surrounded by aspies. I only know navy stuff. Sorry anon. Hope I could help.
>>
>>9025661
"i buy my sister lolita to wear around me"

yea thats pretty creepy
>>
>>9025669
It's not like she is doing anything else with her life and I'm too busy to get a girlfriend to make dress in cute clothing.
>>
>>9025679
You know what would be less creepy? Be my onii-chan onegai instead uwu
>>
>>9025701
Perhaps soon. Gotta raise imoto into qt housewife so she can go get a good man since all she wants to do now is shitpost on Lolita forums and do nothing all day. I don't see why I have to do this.
>>
>>9025651
If you're not sure, do more research and talk to people. What branch are you gonna go into? There are other ways to get free school/have your loans forgiven, though. For example, my state desperately needs teachers, so my school forgives up to 20k of student loans (5k for every year you teach). There are a few fields desperate for people. Look into all your options. With the military, you can't back out if you hate it. My friend got PTSD after his military stint. It's a huge commitment.
>>
>>9025720
>There are other ways to get free school/have your loans forgiven, though. For example, my state desperately needs teachers, so my school forgives up to 20k of student loans (5k for every year you teach).
How do you find that kind of information?
>>
The community in my country are mainly bodyline itas. So depressing. I mean....how hard is it to get a hold of secondhand brand or use taobao, or sew.
>>
>>9025661
that's bullshit, I wish my brother would buy me burando. He buys me steam games sometimes though, so all is well.
>>
>>9026293
I wish I had a brother. I'm the eldest in my household with only a younger sister and she thinks Japanese anything is lame.

"Hey, sis, wanna cosplay at this con together? I'll make your costume, don't worry!"
"No, that's lame. Grow up." *goes to a frat party*

I just wish my sister was interested in things I do ;; I try to show interest in her things, but I'm not as cute as her so I usually back out so I don't embarrass her or anything. She's so cute and has the best body, I want to dress her up in screen accurate cosplay man.
>>
>I wish I had a brother. I'm the eldest in my household with only a younger sister and she thinks Japanese anything is lame.
Yeah, Im the eldest and for some reason my parents expect me to do stuff for my sister my parents don't want to do. Also we are both japanese and my mom hates weebshit. At least my sister repays me later by buying me cheap ass fashionable clothing when I have to take her around harajuku since for some reason people think we are in a relationship since we look so different from eachother.
>>
>>9025633
which branch anon
also which base you stationed at?
>>
>>9026682
Mine are the same way, with me doing things they don't want to do. But at least you guys get along! That's so wonderful. Different looks or fashion styles?
>>
>>9026820
Both really. For some reason she looks more Hispanic for some same reason. I look more white than Asian. But she knows I barely have time to spend on fashion since I work 50hrs a week and dont have the kind of time to do that kind of stuff.
>>
I mostly come here to watch women be complete cunts to each other. It's nice to see them act without putting on airs
>>
>>9027074
most of the comments in threads like these are supportive

more so than you will usually find among certain male-centric boards (like pol, v, tv, etc.). what threads are you focusing on that all you see is cruelty?
>>
>>9027074
did you ever think that it's also possible that the nastiness is an act?
>>
>>9026883
You both sound like you have a nice relationship, though. I kind of envy that. Maybe my sister and I will grow closer once we're older, or something. Good on you for looking out for her.

>>9027074
As opposed to the other 20 boards where men are cunts to each other, right? Any time someone posts something along the lines of, "i only come here because i like seeing women be bitches!" it comes off as so silly, considering that 4chan itself is known for this behavior, but when it's women I guess it's prove some sort of point in their heads. Have fun, I guess.
>>
>>9025755
Honestly, it's not always easy. I found out about that program on my own because I saw a flyer. Kinda pissed we didn't learn about it earlier in my college career!

The best thing you can do to find money is to talk to an advisor at the school you want to go to. A good advisor is your best ally- meet with them in person, send them emails, and be persistent. Let them know your situation and that you want to know about all the options. They can help you find scholarships, or at least direct you to some good resources.

Some advisors aren't that great, but find someone in the department you wanna be in/the college you want to be in/etc who will work with you. This should all happen while you apply to that school, otherwise they're not obligated to help. You can start the conversation about money by asking for them to waive your application fees. (This is all assuming you're out of high school- if you're not, off of cgl you go, but you should talk to your counselor in that case).

Your local library may have resources. A lot of times, they have workshops for people doing this or that, like applying for the FAFSA or paying for college. It'll take work. However, meeting the right people who can push you in the right direction will do wonders.
>>
I'm friends with a girl :)
>>
>>9025651
I'm in the army and enjoy it, but you need to be a tough person who isn't too sensitive/doesn't take things personally or you are gonna have a bad time. Lots of free money for burando though
>>
>>9025644
Navy, lemoore, ugh.
>>
File: image.png (298KB, 846x462px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
298KB, 846x462px
>>9024781
Holy shot, dude. Drop that comm immediately.
>>
>>9019613
Wanna be a lolita sugar daddy? :^)
>>
My local comm has maybe three girls in it, including myself. Our last meet was almost two year ago. I'm hoping that one day when I finally get the balls to organize a meet that I'm the best looking/best dressed one there. Tbh both of them aren't that great. I'm no prize either but I can at least coord decently.
>>
>got contacted by someone who wants me in a reality tv show
>i'm an socially awkward girl who likes japanese fashion
>could lay the cringe factor on thick while throwing the entire lolita community under the bus (because fuck the lolita community ya'll are drama hoes)
>would do it but more likely than not the person would probably ask me to fuck them in exchange for my ass being humiliated on live tv

if it ever happens with no shady stuff, I will be the cringiest fucking lolita I can be.
>>
>>9026302
I wish I didn't have a brother.
You can take mine. He comes with a clown car for a woman and seven kids tho.
>>
I haven't been to a con in over 6-7 years.
I'm afraid I'll see someone who remembers me from middle school/high school and what a cringey fuck i was. I'd be too self conscious to have fun so I never go.
>>
>>9023969
You and me both, we're on the wrong side of 20 and missed...whatever this is.
>>
File: 1462577339195.jpg (31KB, 426x341px) Image search: [Google]
1462577339195.jpg
31KB, 426x341px
>>9018852
Fellow creeper anon here, I know how you feel...I've been obsessed with a person for weeks now after a event and I feel like trash for it. He's pretty much my dream man though
>>
>>9026682
>>9027226
my brothers are ~10 years younger than me (dad replaced mum with a younger model (oknotreally, he just found someone new and fell in love, and they're prob a better match - two chill folks who love music and drinking with friends vs my semi-hardass mother))
I've already accepted that I'll probably never have that feeling of having a sibling as a best friend, and even if that does happen it'll probably take a good 10 years
>tfw brothers will never dress up as my qt ouji/aristo accessories
>>
>>9028260
If you only know him through the event, you probably built this version of himself that he doesn't actually live up to.
>tfw did that with my high school crush who I only ever interacted with in casual morning conversations
>was hopelessly attracted how smart he was (don't kinkshame me uwu)
>crush obliterated first time we hang out and he says something stupid
>realize he's school smart and ambitious but not a nice person (would do anything to get a competitive edge over others) and pretty oblivious/awkward beyond books

To keep it cgl related, there was a girl who always dressed in lolita at my high school. I wish I was into the fashion then.
>>
>>9028226
If you're not the kind of person who goes to comm meets in part because of social anxiety, I really doubt you'd go on live TV- fears of that person asking for sexual favors aside. Are you bitter from a bad experience with a comm or have you only ever learned about lolitas through cgl?
>>
>feel kawaii as fuck
>take good quality photo
>upload to tumblr or fb/cof with strategic timing and tags
>get a mediocre to pathetic amount of likes/notes
>feel kind of shitty
>rinse and repeat 1-2 times a week
I've been posting pretty regularly for like 4 months now and it's having the opposite effect of what I expected. I know in the end, it only matters if I'm happy, but it still kind of sucks.
>mfw I'll never be efamous
>sketchy resellers will never send me shit to "review"
>will never be anyone's lolita senpai
>>
>tfw dakotakoti will never be interesting again like in 2011/2012
I miss stalking her pics and vids, reading PULL on tumblr and as an early forum where people were still doubting her shoops like idiots, trying to find the pretty clothes she wore, reading her blog,…And i was being overall fascinated by her. I found some sort of joy by "stalking" someone whose life seemed so cool and exciting.
Now she is so..bland? And her shoops are so awful it's a joke. And her clothing style/overall style became terrible.
I just want to bring joy and excitment to my sad and boring life.
>>
File: 1446686568012.png (136KB, 462x579px) Image search: [Google]
1446686568012.png
136KB, 462x579px
I look for cut marks on girls I see cosplaying.

There is a minority of girls that cosplay who practice self harm.

Its scary.
>>
>>9028226
Cringey girls have already done this both in interviews and on tv, practically all media really, where have you been?
No one really cares if one or even a few weirdo girls talk a bunch of crap about lolita fashion, several have and nothing has really changed.

If you posed as a daddy and little and said lolita fashion was all just really a cover-up for that fetish and to attract sugar daddies or fetish daddies (or both) you MIGHT be able to stir up some shit but even then, I doubt it.
>>
>>9029100
I feel bad for you
>>
>>9024781
Name and shame this comm! Surely this story wasn't kept quiet, where are they? I wanna know!
>>
>>9021476
i dont know how this went unnoticed
what a freak dude bravo i applaud you
>>
>>9028226

> willing to be known forever as a cringey lolita just to "get back" at others

lmao
>>
File: imgres.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
>>9030206
Not OP but probably pic related because I've seen some girl in the comm post about "Shit Story," "I hope it shows up at a meetup," and "tl;dr: stains" in a couple of her statuses. If what OP says is true, I'm gonna avoid swap meets here for a long time.
>>
>>9019612
I mean, you could say that most people react well to accuracy, so if you add a bunch of extra little things, its not accurate so people by default think its weird. That's what I would tell her.
>>
>>9021476
I figured that there had to be a couple of people wanting to pretend since it is an anonymous board.
>>
>>9024718
I feel this. I'm going to my high school graduation in several years and I wanna look good. Not necessarily hot, but nicely dressed/well put together. Since I was kind of a mess in high school...
>>
>>9028243
Why not change your appearance? Like dye your hair/wear a wig, change up your makeup or wear a sickness mask to cover your face?
>>
File: ew.jpg (281KB, 696x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ew.jpg
281KB, 696x1000px
I hate ouji, boystyle, kodona or whatever people are calling it, because even if done well it looks like some weeaboo kawaii shota costume. I realize the same could be said for lolita, but anyone who knows anything about lolita knows that lolita the fashion and anime ~gosurori~ are stylistically very different. But with ouji, it's like the goal is to look as much like your favorite aristocratic shota boy as possible. Whenever a girl wear ouji I automatically assume she's a fujoshi, and so far I've been right every time.
>>
so a friend of mine is totally fame hungry and i feel bad for her sometimes because she gets so upset when she doesn't get notes on tumblr for her artwork but desu its really ugly now compared to when she started. she just cranks out fanart of popular chars at the time and gets upset when no one buys anything from her. she cant handle concrit without getting defensive unless its straight from a popular artist she admires, which is never because her personality matches her art. the cosplayers she looks up to are basically the same. they are egotistical and call themselves queens which is cringey to me because in the same breath they will tweet about how horrible they look or feel. idk the whole situation makes me uncomfortable because girls who talk about how gay they are as if its their middle name rub me the wrong way. they try and appeal to animu yuri fangirls so they can get compliments and its gross honestly
>>
I only go to cons to laugh at weeaboo losers.
>>
>>9030852
edgy
>>
File: 1451295245888.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451295245888.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>>9030852
So do you spend money on a pass to just sit there and watch people? What is there to get out of it?
>>
I think you're really cute and I wish that I asked you for your number when I saw you and asked you to dance with me.

You were so adorably shy and had this beautiful smile that made me smile, too, and made me want to kiss you while we slow danced at that ball.

But I didn't. I couldn't. I didn't have the courage to, and now I'll never see you again.

I hope that wherever you are, you're still smiling that beautiful smile and someone is kissing that pretty face...

[spoiler]How I wish it was me...[/spoiler]
>>
I hate European lolita sellers, they always overprice their shit by almost twice the price and most of them are rude as fuck.
>>
>>9030852
You should sit at a cafe in a downtown area to watch the fat ugly tourists walk by. It's cheaper.
>>
I don't know why but during and a little bit after every con I always get massively soft poops and/or diarrhea. I thought it might be dehydration but I drink water constantly during events and I pack food from home like granola bars, fruit, simple sandwiches etc to avoid junk foods and fast foods. But I will fucking destroy the toilet and at the end of the day I'll be hotboxing my car farting it up and letting it all out after holding it in all con. Why am I so gross???
>>
>>9031050

Or go to a local walmart if you're an amerifat. It's free, you don't have to pay for coffee, just the price of your pride for sitting in America's cesspool for hours.
>>
>>9031067

Sometimes stress can cause the bowel to act in strange ways. If I get really stressed for instance, my bowels will fuckin clamp down and I'll get horrible cramps, followed by large watery stools. It's weird. I might have IBS but I'm too lazy to go to a doctor so I just deal.

>keyword being might, I don't actually know what's going on
>>
>>9018852
It's ok if you're not fat desu
>>
I have no interest in cosplay but I've been coming here for awhile to learn more about the female psyche. I love mindfucking women more than actually fucking them sometimes, and this board affirms my assumption that female's prime motivation is female jealousy.
>>
>>9031180
it's not really jealousy, just hatred for the sake of hatred. it's a great way to vent desu
>>
>>9031180
And you think 4chan users are a good sample group for your asshatery...
>>
File: 1377186002837.gif (333KB, 289x149px) Image search: [Google]
1377186002837.gif
333KB, 289x149px
>>9031245
>expecting an autist to act in a non-autistic way
>>
I'm getting into prop making and everyone linked to this hobby is autistic or a weeaboo, it's games workshop all over again
>>
>>9019763
Are you a girl?
>>
>>9031021
This fucking broke my heart. I hope you find them again some day
>>
File: tumblr_nutmcaA1981ugdiv8o1_500.gif (2MB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nutmcaA1981ugdiv8o1_500.gif
2MB, 500x250px
>>9018203
I have a friend that really wants to get into cosplay because she sees how much fun I have with it but she doesn't want to invest the time, money or effort into it and she seems to be mad at me for it. She ordered a costume literally less that two weeks before the convention and then complained when it wouldn't get from overseas to here. I warned her months in advance that she should get started.

> Mfw she saw me in my makeup and costume test and acted like a Jigglypuff like
> "I wish I could look that good"

Yeah, well, spend half a year making your costumes in advance and maybe you will.
>>
>>9019613
FUUUUCK how do I do this
>>
File: 2352353.jpg (125KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2352353.jpg
125KB, 1280x720px
>>9024558
It will pay off when you're in your 50's and have a retirement account with your husband while she's blown all of her parents' money and is alone and poor.
>>
>>9030674
>implying I care about some random person's opinion of me

I care more about the paycheck, and if I keep the show interesting, it would be a good one.

The plan was to show lolita as some sort of cult - which I'm sure many of you would find hilarious

>>9028789
I'm bitter from a bad experience from a comm and /cgl/. upon joining the lolita community they mistook me for someone else and immediately started giving me shit/banning me from communities/making secrets I guess I just have an unfortunate likeness to some lolcow so this oppurtunity I was like "hey, I could benifit off this status for some dollars"
you're right, he ended up just being shady
>"ok, give me your phone number right now if you really want in on this"
"I'd rather discuss the details with you before I hand out any personal information"
>"clearly you dont think I'm serious, here are my credentials, call me."
"you will receive my number after we have made a deal."
>"the job offer ends in two days, call me if you're serious"
"on your websites linked, it says 2 weeks, you're using blatant fear and manipulation tactics to try to recieve my number"
>have him talk to my manager
>he shits his pants and tells me i'm not allowed to have a manager when I'm on his show and tells me how I'm unproffessional and how I'm clearly the wrong person for his show

ah, gotta love fucking schmoes like this
>>
All I can confess is that I think that 99% are socially awkward as fuck~!
>>
>>9031042
Amen sister!
>>
In the past year I've integrated and become sort of the "side friend" to three separate cosplay squads/families in my region. I generally act cool and natural around them all, but on the inside I desperately want to be better friends and more of a regular among their crowd(s). However, they're all very talented and experienced with cosplay and convention life, while I'm still very much a novice in those regards. They all say they're impressed by my costumes and that they're excited to see me / look forward to seeing me again, though I can't help but feel inferior around them sometimes.
>>
I just bought my dream dress from the online store of "those who can not be named"... couldn't Sorry, not so sorry lol
>>
>>9018203
I'm thirsty as fuck.

I see so many attractive cosplayers at cons and I'm too beta to talk to any of them so I just take a picture and admire the pictures or whatever.
>>
Sometimes I wish I could find a Sugar Daddy that would fund my hobbies without having to fulfill sexual favors.
>>
>>9031992
Don't we all?
>>
>>9025665
no matter what command/rate you're with/at, you're always surrounded by aspies. husband's a ET and he's always complaining about how retarded everyone on the boat is.

then again, the command he's with is probably the worst we've ever had.
>>
I want Tumblr to leave /cgl/
>>
>>9031798
That's unfortunate-do you know what lolcow you resembled? And good job putting that fuckboy in his place
>>
>>9032044
I want /pol/ to leave /cgl/
>>
I'm about to move, and I really want to make a great group of friends at my workplace and in my comm- how to?

I was once incredibly outgoing (had to to survive because I went to college in a place I'd never been to before, aka no frands) and had a lot of friends, but I lost them after I went through a 2 year bout of depression in which I effectively shunned people.

I'm in a better place now. But I feel like I lost all my social skills, especially after years of being a suck-up to professors and presenting a false "smart, sweet, never crass professional" image when I'm lazy weeb trash. My plan now is to be honest about myself- admit I have "weird" hobbies, let out my trash sense of humor, ask people to hang out outside of work/meets, don't be afraid to say I slept in or skipped exercise.

Any other suggestions?
>>
>>9032103
I want to leave /cgl/
>>
>>9031180
Do you honestly expect us to believe that anyone has ever allowed you to fuck them?
>>
I grew up with very Asian parents that equate paleness with class and beauty. I tan easily and I absolutely hate it because I personally think it looks horrible. I usually put on a shit ton of sunblock and stay in the shade. This year, I've been excercising outside more and everyone keeps commenting about how I'm getting darker. I want to comment about how gross that makes me feel but they'll get snappy and bitch about how I don't love my "precious melanin." No, please take all the melanin off me.
>>
File: tumblr_m4d3lqnZSF1rwo9vlo1_500.png (185KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m4d3lqnZSF1rwo9vlo1_500.png
185KB, 500x374px
>>9018203
i always encourage my friend to dress up with me whenever we go to cons.....but only because i know i'll look a lot better. i'm sorry friend.
>>
>>9032108
Honestly just be friendly and warm. Most people are insecure to a degree and friendliness makes them feel more comfortable. Don't be too edgy or contrarian (not saying you are normally, but we're on 4chan) and don't worry too much about people not liking you. They don't have to.
>>
>>9032219
I get how there is a racist element there, but if you made it about how you don't like how you personally look with a tan it may help get rid of that subtext.
>>
>>9032251
But then they'll blame anon for being racist and something something internalised racism.

I know, I speak fluent SJW.
>>
>>9032251
Asian preference for pale skin is more classist than anything, and it existed long before white piggu arrived on the scene. Not that SJWs give a shit.
I also get accused of racism for not wanting to tan, even when I explain that sun exposure fucks my skin up in other ways. People need to learn how to mind their own business IMO.
>>
>>9032275
Just tell them that whether or not you want to be tan is a personal choice. In Asia they equate paleness with beauty, but that doesn't mean you, personally, on your own body, must make sure you don't reinforce that. Obviously don't use those skin whiteners because that's asking for cancer, but sunblock makes sense. I'm mixed (Asian and Latino) and love getting naturally tan over the summer. Some people like you feel the opposite. It's your choice. People who make you feel guilty for that are obviously being petty and trying to get a I'm-a-social-justice-expert star awarded to them.
>>
>>9032298
Whiteners with ingredients like arbutin, licorice root, niacinamide etc. don't cause cancer at all, though. They also have skin benefits other than whitening.
>>
I love and miss the ruthless shit talking threads that used to go on here. I honestly think some of the hate kept bitches in check. we need that unfiltered brutality, without it we are lost.
I don't even know why I come here anymore.
>>
>>9032313
Hate creates hate.
>>
>>9032313
> I honestly think some of the hate kept bitches in check. we need that unfiltered brutality, without it we are lost.
honestly you sound mad because someone's living their life to the fullest
>>
>>9032031
The boat is the epitome of stupid. They're floating jails and you'll see people do lots of stupid things when they're bored or desperate.
I'm the aviation side of your husband's rate and I feel for him.
>>9026796
I'm navy, in cow shit lemoore, ca.
>>
>>9029100
same, it took me 3 years or more? to get a bit over 100 followers
deleted my tumblr a month ago, and damn that was a good decision.
>>
Everybody who frequents this board is a degenerate in dire need of a good gassing

Lots of love, /pol/ <3
>>
>>9032031
Gw, btw?
>>
>>9018852
I actually hope to have weird orbiters like you once I get more out into the open. You're the best kind of harmless weirdo.
>>
>>9019064
>>9019148
Anon, if you're still here then I am rooting for you and I really hope you find the willpower to turn your life around. My brother is of a similar build to you but any time we even mention it, he gets very defensive and snappish, then abuses food even more. He plans cosplays and talks all the time about visiting Japan but he is so ashamed of his weight that he never actually goes through with any of it. I wish I knew how to help him and it pains me to see others in a similar situation
>>
I hate wearing lolita to conventions. It's always hot, and I end up changing to my cosplays not even an hour later. Poof is fun, but not around other cosplayers with paint and dirt and sweat all over them.
>>
I browse /cgl/ just to try and figure out how to be a cute girl
it hasn't helped at all
fashion is hard
>>
I sometimes wonder if it's ever okay to ask, say, a skimpy cosplayer if I could take a picture of them with their back to the camera. It probably means it's obvious that I want to see their butt or something though. I'm just wondering like how rude this is. If they're showing off their breasts instead then any regular picture and pose would just suffice.
>>
>>9019636
I think it says yuutsu, 憂鬱、 melancholy . It's a pretty cool kanji.
>>
File: mariah-shades.gif (912KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
mariah-shades.gif
912KB, 500x280px
I have this friend who's a complete cringy weea/koreaboo. Like...The kind that doesn't bathe at cons (even after she quite literally shat herself one time), wears Milanoo-tier lolita, screams and speaks broken Japanese/Korean, tries to dance to kpop songs but looks cringy as fuck and calls her boyfriend "oppa-kun".

I keep her around because she makes great stories for cgl.

But weebiness aside, she's not really a bad person. I want to help her see the light of soap and maturity.
>>
I feel so terrible for being salty... I was just at a con where everyone was fawning over this one cosplayer whose construction wasn't even that great. She was cosplaying as a different version of a character of a character I had done before and got so much attention for it.
>>
I drew Dunce-chan and I'm so happy it's being used as a reaction image
>>
File: CfYbuluWEAIQDyI.jpg (44KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
CfYbuluWEAIQDyI.jpg
44KB, 480x360px
>>9018203
I pee in the shower when I'm wet sanding
>>
I'm friends with someone that cosplays the same character as me and she's so sweet but I'm lowkey always bitter because I think she's prettier/cooler than me, even though my cosplay gets praise/attention too
>>
File: 1430428145784.jpg (13KB, 232x185px) Image search: [Google]
1430428145784.jpg
13KB, 232x185px
>>9025661
>stirner memes
>on /cgl/
>of all places
it's more pleasantly surprising than anything really
>>
>>9030153
Pretty much every hobby/interest that isn't full of normies has this [spoiler]and yeah it's pretty scary[/spoiler]
>>
>>9032629
/pol/ is the worst forced meme
>>
>>9032313

>Ruthless shit talking threads that used to go on here

I live in Canada, and I gotta say the old Canada Threads were some of the most brutal spiteful shit I have seen on this site and now i believe a handful of Canadian comms radiate more pure hate than anything on this Earth. I've seen threads on /v/ less savage than this.

[spoiler]But good god did it feel good to vent. The other girls never knew[/spoiler]
>>
My sister is big into Lolita, while I can't stand it.

Why waste all that time and money dressing up to look like a hooker from Victorian England?

I swear walking around in the heat in those things must melt your tits off
>>
I don't like bigger main comes much because I don't like to hang out with lolitas who aren't into the elegance, fanciness and extravagance of the fashion. Cheap lolitas are really a bore. Fortunately it's easy enough to avoid them by having meets at more expensive or exclusive places and by invitation only. Does that make me seem to be an elitist? Maybe. Do I care? No. When I've spent thousands of dollars and so many hours ensuring I look my best, I want to go out with similar people.
It's the same in other social circles so why would lolita fashion be any different?
>>
I can't even go to noteworthy cons in my city anymore because they sell out immediately nowadays. A fuckton of nerds moved to Seattle in the past decade I suppose. Technically I could pay the scalper's tax but the price/hassle made my friends all lose interest and I don't wanna go alone.

I'm really charmed by a lot of the personalities I run into here. I've never bothered women or strangers at cons since I know exactly how that shit looks and because I'm sociable enough to already be there with friends anyway, but every once in a while I'll see girls on here post some of their work and I lose myself in looking up their other stuff. I find it a little silly and strange that the thought of dating someone familiar with 4chan shit is so appealing to me.

The dudes here are cool too. A really badass Captain America cosplay I saw a few years ago is what inspired me to lose 80 pounds.

I just turned 24 and feel I wasted every moment of my adolescence and early twenties. I can't help but feel too old for some of this; most of the people I meet online nowadays are 18-19 and I just keep getting older.
>>
>>9035802
Cons need con protection for their tickets...

But you shouldn't be too sad about the age thing. I have a bunch of friends who are in the 24-26 range who still do cosplay and other nerdy stuff and, at least where I live, many comic and video game cosplayers are even older than that. There's for instance a fairly popular guy who makes large suits of armour and he's easily 35 or so.
>>
I'm a lolita for some years now and I've always been trying to be kind to everyone in my comm, which ended up in that some idiots, which I first thought were decent, feel like they are my lolita friends. I don't want to be rude, but I also don't feel like hanging out too much with them anymore and hope I can hang out more with more normal lolita's, but I live far away from these people. How should I handle the old 'friends'? I've been just silently declining FB invitations and not following them there anymore, but sometimes it feels bad as well like that, and they are still nice to me but I just don't feel like chatting/hanging with them. Sometimes I don't know how to feel about it.
>>
>likes a series
>spams it to friend, let's call her chibi
>chibi doesn't feel like watching it because it seems boring
>and then it went really popular & a lot of people started to cosplay from it
>she then starts watching, saying how good it is
>mfw

It happens every time with all the things I introduce. She is a nice & friendly girl but she cannot bring herself to admit that she cosplay for the fame & attention. Instead she keeps on acting like she is a fan. Sometimes she even try to ask me for series trivia in fear of exposing herself as a fake fan. I really don't like this side of her.
>>
>>9019724
It sounds so 2007 emo kid. I prefer normalfag, it's classic.
>>
>>9035888
I understand this feeling. I decline local invitations often and travel a bit to see better friends. I only go to the local meets when the few local lolitas I like (maybe 3) are attending and just sit by them. I decided last year that while I will try my best to be polite to everyone still, I will NOT feel guilty for not wanting to continue to hang out with lolitas that I don't really like or have much in common with or sit with them at meets, etc.

I have gotten stuck sitting with someone very much not my type of friend and why get all dressed up and go out to spend several hours trying to make small talk with someone I do not even like much?
However I do wear lolita more on my own these days and have discovered I like that as well.
>>
>>9036046
Yes, I guess it's your own life so you should make your own decisions and not feel guilty about them, because indeed why would you hang out with people you have not so much in common with.
I do dress up in lolita a lot more on my own too, for a nice day out or something.
>>
>>9036054
As long as you remain polite, (which I have no doubt of since you were nice in the first place) I think it is fine to decide to have some distance with those people you do not prefer as friends anymore. Just because we all have a liking for Lolita fashion in common, there are many differences as well and some people in the fashion are just not so nice to be friends with and that is OK too. I hope you can travel a bit sometimes or find at least a couple of local people to suit you better, good luck!
>>
My confession is that I don't like to hang out much around budget, poorfags who lolify a lot. For one thing it's almost all they talk about, how to get things cheap, sigh because other things are always too expensive and share their budget finds. For another, though the nice ones aren't rude about budget remarks and commenting on other people's spending, some of the jelly ones ARE.

When I go to a meet I want to have a nice time speaking of pleasant social things, not 'muh cheep loli' .
When it's my turn to host, I purposely choose a higher priced venue to deter them. I feel a bit guilty but not terribly much.
>>
I've been cosplaying for 7 years & i've been identifying as ace for a while but i recently figured i actually really want to fuck in cosplay. like damn, in character and all. i mostly wanna do it with miki from idolmaster and eli&maki from love live
>>
>>9036098
Same. There's one ita on our comm who scrounged up to go to an afternoon tea, but then that was all she could talk about, how she budgeted hard just for this meet, and wasn't her handmade stuff so good? (It was awful. It looked like she didn't even iron the fabric before sewing the blouse. But everybody was too polite to say it.) She tried to monopolize every damn conversation.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n4b0zrwvGM1rm96vs.gif (499KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n4b0zrwvGM1rm96vs.gif
499KB, 500x366px
>>9032601
>tfw every military loli you meet is always navy
Is it too much to ask for a fellow chair force lolita?
>>
There's a girl in my comm who's a total edgelord bitch online and I recently for the first time went to a meetup she was also attending. Not only is she just as rude IRL as online (to an adorable newbie, even), she's also apparently a huge ita. She never posted pictures of her coords online so I had no idea how shitty her dress sense was. Crunchy Bodyline blouse, children's bedsheet skirt, leg hair rather than legwear and uncute normalfag shoes. I'm F5-ing the event page for photos to be posted so I can post her to BtB. It's petty as hell, but I can't wait to see her throw a hissy fit.
>>
> Be an artist that draws BL and sometimes shota
> Did small doujin shows and I'm not that well known because the market is extremely saturated in Asia
> Move to the states
> Lock up all the shota stuff because a lot of people here are quick to bash anyone that draws it
> Look into artist alleys but everyone is hell bent on making 700% profit
> Sell handmade charms for $5 and people keep harassing me for "underselling"
> I just want to go back and sell for fun and meeting new artist friends
>>
>>9036263
I'm gonna be chair force national guard does that count?
>>
I come to /cgl/ hoping for curated photo references. And I mostly see lolita dresses and cross legged poses. I waste an hour on 1 good gem. Not anyone's faults, I realize I'm not the core audience for this board.

I'll just say this. Invest in a tripod and turn the lights on in your room. Bonus points if you move the muscles around your eyebrows. No irony, get in character pls.
>>
>>9036263
>tfw I'm planning on being Navy too
Sorry, Anon.
>>
>>9036449
Don't take it personally pumpkin lips. That's why I called them bonus points, you can show off how you look, bonus points if you move your face muscles and gain a fan. You can post pics of your clothes. Read my "honesty" again. This forum is not for me. Sometimes I like the fabric shots you guys do. I think we'd all benefit from clear pictures though. Thank "jfc" that phone camera technology is improving fast.
>>
>>9036461
I'm not sure what you'd like me to say anon. I'm literally telling you I would love to see better pictures of cosplayers doing cool poses. But your response is anger? If this counts as autism, certainly then this is autism.
>>
>>9036472
Angry you are.
>>
I don't like that your toxic behavior irl has trickled its way into your online persona. You don't think I've noticed how condescending you are towards me? How you have to embarrass me in public and online now. I didn't even want to invite you in the first place!! I only did it to be nice and didn't want you to feel left out/bullied/triggered whatever. But now you're trying to take over planning, and I regret my decision. I regret ever being your friend, honestly. You always want to control me and boss me around and I fucking hate it. Not to mention you do zero work but take the credit! I'm not your play thing to dress up and use as drama fuel for your boring life. I was not put on this earth for you to abuse so you can feel better about yourself. I thought we were FRIENDS but clearly, you're deranged. I hope you find some way to be happy with yourself without having to make someone else feel like shit.
>>
>>9036467
Question for clarity; do you think lolitas are cosplayers?
>>
>>9034180
>even after she quite literally shat herself one time
What?
>>
>>9036147
>eli&maki
>elegance^2
I'm partial to ElixNozomi, myself, but that's also a great ship.
>>
>>9036301
Where are you from?
>>
>>9018852
I guess my confession now is I kind of find that hot.
>>
>>9025712
perfect plan though.
>raise sister to be qt3.14 lolita
>Go with her to meets or some shit
>meet her qt3.14 friends
>get Lolita gf
>>
I claim feminist ideals because they benefit me even though deep down I know they are unfair towards men and overall bad for society.
>>
>>9035881
A good portion of skilled costume makers are mid twenties or older. It takes time to build the skill and have a well paying enough job to get the right materials.

I didn't start until I was 24 and out of college with a steady paycheck.
>>
>>9032122
Don't we all
>>
I hate going to cons with my two best friends. They are the most stressful elements at conventions to me because they are so high maintenance and I have literally to worry if they are mad at me for almost every second I’m not with them. They always go by their schedule and what benefits them, constantly fucking over anyone that isn’t of use to them in a situation. It doesn’t help that they are in a relationship and force me to be the third wheel when I could just as easily give them the alone time they never get an opportunity to have.
>>
>>9034183
What character? Like something with armor?
>>
Girl in my community wants to do a super revealing duo cosplay with me.
I was planning to do it alone, but then she told me she wants to be a character that matched with me.
Normally I’d instantly say yes, problem is she’s a landwhale who is nearly triple my size.
I maliciously want to do it because being next to her will emphasize my cute small body.
I don’t want to do it because I don’t want to deal with her crying if people only ask for my photo while ignoring her, what happened the last time I let her cosplay a duo with me.
I haven’t responded to her for a month.
>>
>>9036692
Why even bother? If you look better anyway, you'll still get attention on your own

On the same track: I hate when I get gross creeps but I like the attention.
>>
>>9036681
how long have they been together?
>>
>>9036692
Do it, feed off her suffering. It will keep you young.
>>
I am a normal person irl, good job, advanced degree, and decent money. I come to cgl when I am extremely horny.
It's just--a lot of you girls wouldn't be attractive in my social and professional circles, but you are attractive to me. I fantasize about having a cgl gf instead of my normal gf, just for the shock value of people around me seeing me with someone like that.
It's liberating to say it out loud. I wasn't always normal. I used to be heavy into cons in the early 2000's I just grew up, but a piece of my mind still envies for the con-girls.
>>
I've been doing half-assed Kamen Rider cosplays for like 1 1/2 years now.

Nobody ever recognized my character, took pictures or wanted to talk about it at all and after being sad about it at first I decided to say fuck it and do it just for he fun and for the crafting of helmets and armor.

But at the last con this Japanese guy who was here due to his job stopped me, took pictures with me, talked about the cosplay and shit and told me how he thought that it was really well made.

Is that what people with enough time/skill to make proper cosplays fell like all the time?
Because that feeling was beyond fucking amazing.
And I'm kinda ashamed for feeling good due to being complimented when before just building things was enough to satisfy me.
>>
Some girl in my local cosplay group is really obnoxious and pretty. She has a really good figure, but lives of her parents money and cosplays literally flavor of the week, that week. However her craftsmanship sucks, and she takes selfies and photos in a way to hide it. At cons and meet ups, it looks terrible.

We're both did D.Va from Overwatch recently, and I'm proud to say I looked so much better. She'd opted for those skintight color printed suits while I just went and made my own. I'm a bit shorter than her so I had to make use of some killer heels to get myself D.Va's legs, but since I'm also half-korean I looked more the part than her (she's white) and did a bunch of fan service-y lines in korean at meet ups. I just felt soooo good to see her fuming.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 102x191px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 102x191px
>>9036733
>>
I tend to say ita a lot to people in cons.
>>
I'm a socially inept retard and although I have acquaintances and people that I talk to regularly, I'm not 100% sure that anybody I know actually considers me their "friend" or actually wants to be around me. When people are nice to me, it freaks me out a little and I'm not sure how to react. I want to have friends to do things with (going to see movies, etc.), but when other people make an effort to reach out to me, I end up withdrawing and then I feel guilty about it later. Also, I just deleted my Facebook page so now most of my acquaintances can't contact me even if they wanted to.
>>
>>9036692
She probably realizes all of this and she's only asking you because she knows that she'll get more attention if she's paired with an attractive girl than she'd get on her own.
>>
>>9036263
I met a chairforce lolita when I was in fl.
Navy can get shore duty in Japan and that's cool if you're weeb trash like me.
Had a instructor who got stationed there. His wife was huge into lolita and would go to closet child and baby whenever she wanted.
>>
>>9036748
That's pretty cringe.
>>
>>9036719
childhood friends, got together in high school.
>>
I'm so inactive in my lolita community because I feel like I can't repeat outfits a meet in a row. I've just started getting back into the fashion and only have one completely coord, and a few nonbrand dresses, so I feel like until I get my closet more full i'm stuck collecting until later on.
>>
Every single time I do cosplay groups they fuckin fall apart. Even if it's just me and one other person. I'm getting real fucking tired if it so I'm just, I'm doing what I'm doing and fuck everyone else.
>>Had a group of 4, guy friend in group starts dating a cosplay girl
>>I'll be polite and invite her in group so we can be friends and she feels like she's being included.
>>she doesn't want to be female pair with guy friends make, so she wants to change their characters, say ok.
>>am physically with her when she buys the fabic for the costume.
>>two weeks before con, ask guy about the cosplays
>>g decided she didn't want to waste the money in the cosplay and didn't have time because she procrastinated too long, doesn't want to be seen as the bad guy so asks bf to take the blame and take the fall for them not doing it.
>>group of five is now group of three and the cosplay gf is on my 'you can go fuck yourself' list.

I'm annoyed bc she never said anything o me about it and saw me at the con in the group she fucked up and didn't even say thing about it (like, anything. I'd have been happier if she was like 'oh, I'm sad I couldn't do this' or whatever. I also would have been fine if she had told me she didn't have the time to finish it, but instead asks her bf to take the fall).
I also buy some of my cosplays and she makes bitch faces at me when I answer her questions saying that I bought this one. She doesn't finish 75% of the costumes she claims to be planning, but she's going to look down on me?

She even claimed a day for a costumes we were both going to do (like she wanted a specific day to do it, but was super against us doing it on the same day, and I was still trying to be friendly with her so I agreed), but then she didn't make that costume either (same con) and again, didn't fucking tell me she cancelled so I could do it.
>>
>>9036729
>not realizing that a lot of us separate our professional lives from our weekend hobby
Get you a girl that can do both
>also not realizing that you can never be truly normal if you come to 4chan
>>
>>9036655
I want things to go back to the 90s when real rebels were cool and not nitpicking minute bullshit.
>>
>>9036520
Absolute not. I am addressing a multitude of things with poor communication skills as the person I was talking with pointed out. I do have difficulty communicating language properly.
>>
>>9037033
3 complete coords with accessories should be enough to rotate and even better if your pieces coordinate in different ways to start with, but yeah, don't be that person who wears the same coord to every meet. Awkward.
>>
I'm so tempted to smoke a small bowl before the ild meet. Someone I don't like is going and I feel like being high would make things way more fun. But alas, pretty sure my comm is square af and I wouldn't want to out myself as a stoner..
>>
>>9036692
Do it if you want to but since she has a history of complaining, tell her nicely to please not do that this time. It's not your fault if people ask for your solo picture so you shouldn't have to listen to her cry about it.
>>
>>9037085
>>9037033
It depends on the frequency of meets though. It's not like they happen twice a week (in most comms, at least). Wearing the same dress to monthly meets (my comm's meet frequency) is a non-issue.

How small is your comm? Most likely no one will notice you wearing the same thing if you 1) wash it between meets and 2) don't make a huge deal about it. If they do say something, they're being petty or you smell like you've been wearing it since the last meet.
>>
>>9037088
Several people I don't like are going to my comm's event. I'm just looking forward to politely but very firmly ignoring them. I like most people in our comm but there are always those few I just don't get on with and I've decided I'm tired of dealing with them so I'm just not going to. One of them volunteers for stuff then asks other people to do the things she's volunteered for. If this happens this weekend, I'm calling her out on it.
>>
>>9037120
It depends on the comm. ours meets monthly too and we post photos so yes, it would be an issue if someone just kept wearing the same main piece every time to every meet.
>>
>>9036559
Nono it was more like I wanna dress up as Eli AND maki. wouldn't mind nozoeli hookup tho
>>
>>9037055
I wanna go back to 1776 when real rebels were shooting brits instead of being a fashion
>>
I love meeting people that are cosplaying the same character as me but, inside, I'm always secretly happy when they look worse than me. I miss the time when I didn't treat cosplay as a competition and I just had fun.
>>
>>9037494
wat
>>
I work a soulless corporate job making $150k/yr and fucking hate having to wear a suit every day, getting a haircut every week, and being surrounded by women who don't know the first thing about how to attract me. I'm 28 and have been visiting 4chan since 2006. I'll never be properly normal. I'll never be satisfied by some lawyer bitch.

I want a cute /cgl/ girlfriend to make into my live-in submissive. Someone to spank and boss around when she's been bad and praise/shower with gifts when she's been good. I'd wanna finance and manage her cosplay hobby to the point where she's at least e-famous for all her amazing work. I'd also do everything from scheduling a fitness regiment to guiding her through college if she'd like to go, and even get her a day job at the company I work at if she starts to feel like the all-cosplay life is suffocating.

I want it so bad. I think about it every day.
>>
i have no idea how i met this girl at a con, but we meet up once every month to hang out. i insert her when i fap to all sorts of hentai manga and now i've created an image of her being a cockhungry turboslut and it's starting to effect me when i hang out with her. 'she probably got fucked by 12 dudes before coming here and afterwards she'll get fucked by 30 more.' this is really unhealthy but it feels so damn good.
>>
>>9037932
so you wanna be venus' mom?

>>9037900
I think it's an american revolution joke
>>
>>9037932
I want a relationship like this, except with Lolita and not cosplay. Am I fucked up?
>>
female /cgl/ here, i regularly go to cons and lead guys on from friday to saturday and then completely ditch them on sunday (just when things are winding down) just to prevent them from potentially finding a girl to get laid.

just doing my part to prevent toxic masculinity from tarnishing other women.

its really so easy; alot of these guys are really quite desperate so if they think that being "faithful" to you and not hitting on other girls will get them laid, they will totally ignore other women if they think you are the best shot they have.

its hilarious, im not even that pretty i'm just skinny and i'm aggressive at first to disarm them during the initial awkward phase; once they get some confidence and start cracking jokes i laugh at all of them and make them feel as if they pretty much have me. once they take that hook its all over; theres no way they will "let" me go.

i have a google voice number which i give them but once sunday rolls around i immediately block the number. i don't even bother saving their names i just list them as "thirsty #23" or so on.

thats right, i've successfully cockblocked 23 guys who all thought they had a chance with me and totally ignored the entire con/other women just because they thought they could have me, but they were wrong.
>>
>>9038162
This is hardly /cgl/ related other than you met at a con. I would see a therapist for your latent sexual perversion, and save that girl the trouble of hanging out with an obsessive pervert. Disgraceful.
>>
>>9040304
This seems like weak troll bait. If you're really a woman doing this, you're hurting those men and increasing the toxic masculine culture you claim to be fighting against. Stop.
>>
I need new/more friends that are into this kind of thing. But honestly, I try to make friends at my local con but the majority of the people are pretty cringe.
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.