[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 27

File: gen 2.jpg (747KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
gen 2.jpg
747KB, 1024x1024px
Old thread a kill >>9010353

Discuss new releases, ILD plans, bloodbath woes, etc. How far ahead do you plan your coords? Do you like to buy new main pieces for them?

Please keep it EGL related!
>>
Going to ask my question again. Where is the cheapest place for secondhand shopping if I have a PayPal?
It seems quite noobish, but I only just turned 18 a few months ago so before then I was forced to use my parents PayPal for purchases, and they did not want me to buy secondhand as they thought it was too expensive. So I was forced to only buy directly from brands or from people within my comm.
I didn't like to look at auction sites or international secondhand stores as it was unobtainable, but now I can. Ive bought from closet child already but feel as though there is surely somewhere cheaper. I'm asking here rather than looking it up (which I have done) because sometimes there are hidden costs that wouldn't show up when you look directly at a store.
>>
>>9014874
I don't buy new main pieces for coords, I buy them because I like them. I can plan out coords up to a month in advance, but often change on the day. It's a fashion, not a costume, so I try to work with what I have instead of spending a lot on pieces for specific outfits for specific events.
>>
>>9014949
If you want to find something cheap, there isn't really any other option than just keeping an eye out for good deals.

I'm not even sure what you mean by something cheaper.. second hand stores that have prices even lower than CC? It all depends on the individual pieces
>>
>>9014874
I generally like to plan my coordinates well in advance depending on the event. If it's a grand event with a specific theme, I like to have the time/option to purchase accessories to compliment. If it's casual, I usually just coordinate something a few days before and adjust accordingly day of. I used to be really obsessed with buying new mains for meet ups, but I'm over that phase.
>>
>>9014966
I've read that there are some auction sites where you can pick up brand items for under $30. I am not sure if these are j!auctions or what, because I looked there and couldn't see what people were talking about.
>>
File: 35iqeis.png (213KB, 638x354px) Image search: [Google]
35iqeis.png
213KB, 638x354px
IT'S OFFICIAL THE PHYSICAL AP PARIS SHOP WILL BE PERMANENT
Also pop up Putumayo shop.
I am so excited right now. AP paris closing down made me so so sad.
>>
>>9015004
Yes, you can do that on mbok, Yahoo Japan auctions and Lacemarket (if you're lucky)
>>
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13227080_727750767327232_3107606409454656436_n.jpg?oh=5ffa867712ee0baccfaca646c9554deb&oe=57CE3D23

The fuck, AatP?! What are you doing with these sexually provocative photoshoots of new releases? They were bad enough the first time round, we don't need more.
>>
>>9015027
Damn, I thought you were exaggerating.
>>
File: 1444411731662.jpg (100KB, 650x817px) Image search: [Google]
1444411731662.jpg
100KB, 650x817px
>>9015027
Trying to make up for how shit their designs, color choices, and quality have been lately?
>>
>>9014949
CC is the cheapest, only LM is cheaper and you have to get lucky
>>
>>9015030
Haha that dress is fucking hideous even in a better colorway. So cheap and tacky
>>
>>9015027
I don't see this as sexual at all?
I'm getting fallen doll from this. I think it's cute
>>
>>9015005
Link?

I heard from Lolita Updates that it's another pop-up opening around the time of Japan Expo and AP's Paris Tea Party.
>>
Where else besides bodyline can I order rhs to arrive before ild?
>>
>>9015116
Maybe secondhand if you're willing to pay for fast shipping.
>>
>>9015004
It's possible. A lot of main brands are listed under Angelic Pretty on mbok and Y!J. You can try other brand names as well, though some don't bring up a ton of results.

Lolita Guidebook on tumblr has a lot of the Japanese terms for various brands, so that might be helpful if you plan to explore auctions. Also, I personally have found some great deals on usagiyouhinten and wunderwelt, but really you just have to get lucky.

Hope that helps.
>>
>>9015052
Most likely. They really have gone down the toilet in recent years compared to how they were in say 2010-2011. Yeah, they've put a couple of nice releases out since then, but they're massively outweighed by the crap they've been churning out. I'm not keen on the questionable fabric combinations on the Captain Grace buttcape, which could have been great.

>>9015088
Oh, when you see some of the other poses in the photo-album on fb. There's another bending over shot, like on the Little Dreaming Sailor album.
>>
>>9015005
Dammit AP we need that NYC pop up already!!!
>>
>>9014874
That picture makes me so happy. That kind of sweet made me fall in love with the fashion.

I'm kind of panicking about my ILD coord since there's no way the blouse I ordered is going to get here in time. Might have to scrap the whole outfit since nothing I own really works.

Anyone know where I find a white short-sleeve sheer blouse/cutsew with a low neckline that can ship asap?
>>
>>9015223
>low neckline

skank
>>
File: 001.jpg (273KB, 456x640px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
273KB, 456x640px
>>
File: 002.jpg (20KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
20KB, 236x354px
>>9015244
>>
File: 003.jpg (125KB, 682x436px) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
125KB, 682x436px
>>9015249
>>
How are second hand sales looking on the western market? I feel like things have picked up a bit more recently compared to the past few months.

I remember several anons complaining about the lack of sales back in march.
>>
>>9015257
They're still eh, but I can tell that they're picking up a bit. That Holy Lantern release right before the holidays dropped us off so hard.
>>
>>9015257
I think they've picked up. I wasn't selling for a couple months but I've sold about four dresses in the past 2-3 weeks, none of which were super popular ones.
>>
Malco Modes anon, please keep us updated. I would also suggest other lolitas keep emailing them to show there really is a demand for them to make a bell-shaped petticoat.

Malco modes has excellent quality and can ship fast in the US. Their petticoats come in many sizes and have an adjustable length, which would be great if you don't want to buy more pettis if you have dresses in multiple lengths. I'm in need of a new petticoat, so I'm ready for this to happen.
>>
>>9014874
If I know an event is coming up where I'd like to wear a themed coord or a specific brand (e.g. For a tea party) then I will try to plan 1-2 months in advance. Otherwise, I usually just pick something the day of because most of my coords are super basic.
>>
>>9015278
Seconding this. My MM 580 petticoat has held up much better than my CP A-line. I personally wouldn't purchase a cupcake petticoat from MM since I wear classic but I would be ecstatic if that shape could be easily accessible for others. Not sure why those girls are getting so pissed.
>>
>>9015324
Just how poofy is the 580? I have the 582 and I love it, but some dresses lay awkwardly on it (and they are all a-line dresses)

But the 580 just looks like it wouldnt have enough poof to even stand out
>>
>>9015329
poofy enough for you to shut the fuck up
>>
>>9015329
I actually wear both of my petticoats for sufficient poof but 580 on its own is fine for the silhouette.

>>9015333
Idk why but this made me laugh. Bless you, salty anon.
>>
>>9015030
>tfw you run out of fairy-dust before reaching Neverland
>>
>>9015030
I think this is actually referring to the children in the laying in their bed when Peter Pan comes but that's just my thoughts
>>
Can somebody please help me? I want to buy a pair of AP Tea Party shoes and I'm unsure if I should get 24.5 cm or 25.5 cm. I have a pair of DreamV 24.5 cm shoes and I can wear them but they are very snug, and I could use a bit of extra room. Do AP shoes run small or big?

Also, what does the white button on AP's Japanese website mean?
>>
>>9014949
Fururun, usagiyouhinten and maiden clothing can have super cheap sales and usagi have some deals on their dresses right now where they're getting rid of less popular stuff for quite cheaply - I think their best deal has an ETC dress, Milk dress and ETC skirt for 7500 yen. But honestly the stuff that is cheap is not stuff with high market value anyway, you aren't gonna be finding popular prints for cheap but if you want a plain jsk, unpopular ETC print or something older then you can usually find things for <3000 yen from time to time.
>>
This might sound like a dumb/new fag question but I've always wondered.

What is the difference between Metamorphose and Crown Label? Like I know they are both meta but they differentiate themselves. Is it like Baby and AaTP? But if that was the case I dont see any distinct style difference between meta and CL.
>>
>>9015413
Crowl label is poorfag meta
>>
>>9015027
I find AatP's brand direction troubling lately. Everything from their prints to photoshoots aren't recognizable as a brand anymore.
>>
>>9015361
fucking newfag. lurk more
>>
Secrets!
>>
Is it considered taboo to wear the same coord 2-3 days in a row at a con? My cosplay I was planning to wear the second day of ACEN is far from done that I think I'll have to put it off till anime Midwest. However, I still want to look kawaii as fuck but only have once coord since I'm a poorfag with a limited wardrobe
Thought?
>>
>>9015475
Change your blouse and socks at least, or it's going to stink.
>>
>>9015413
Iirc Crown Label was designed/had input from the shop staff
>>
>>9015475

It's not so much a taboo as people imagining what kind of an unsanitary, unwashed hobo you are to be walking all day in a crowded place, sweating into your clothes, then going to bed, waking up the next day and shoving your body back into your sweaty old clothes.

Even if you only spent a couple of hours in the coord on the first day and didn't sweat at all, it's not like you can be online everywhere to explain how you didn't sweat into the clothes everytime someone posts photos of you and brings up how you wore the same coord for 3 straight days. Definitely less risky to just not wear the same coord 2-3 days in a row.
>>
>>9015257
Mine went from great to horrible. My stuff has been reduced way under market price and isn't moving
>>
>>9015475
Make a jsk that matches your coord and then you have 2 coords, whoop.
You dont have to dress up for conventions, you know.
>>
>>9014949
>mfw I had a paypal account since I was 16
>>
>>9015005
Just give me the date!
>>
>>9015440
My thoughts as well.

>>9015356
There are lyingon the bed shots and ones with your legs in the air on the headboard. Look up the rest of the album and the Little Dreaming Sailor one.
>>
>>9015454
They're funnier than usual. First one actually made me laugh.
>>
>>9015361
Go a size up, if they turn out to big you can wear insoles.

The white buttons on the AP site means that there is no stock left in the warehouse but the item is most likely in stock in a store and they will try to get that for you. This option is limited to certain payment methods, if I remember correctly.
>>
How to loli when
> 36"DD/25"/36"
> 5'1"

I really wanted to try out loli fashion, so I decided that my visit to Japan last week was the perfect time for it, but...

My boobs are literally BURSTING out of every loli dress I tried on! If it fit my boobs, it didn't fit anything else ;n;

Also bursty boobs are not very cute and loli
>>
>>9015652
anon I have similar measurements as you, usually I just let the dress sit on half my boobs and have the other half uh.. just under the waistline it kinda hides and makes your boobs smaller but then you lose waist definition that way. I only wear lolita this way casually but if I have to go to events I get a trans binder, makes everything fit and look better.

I hate my boobs though so usually when I do dress up I do everything I can to hide them or squash them away unless on days where I'm just heading out to get groceries and no ones gonna take pics or know its me then I wear a normal sized bra and let them out lool

generally it's easier to fit AP and some IW dresses go bigger but you really have to look at the bust measurements before you buy dresses from them. Baby hates boobs so personally I can only fit their dresses if I take off my bra but then my boobs end up looking really bad and I have to cover them with a bolero.

another tip is if you do want waist definition you can also wear a belt but then that makes your boobs stand out a lot, I generally only do this when I wear a binder then everything looks pretty good
>>
>>9015652
>>9015658
OH forgot to add this but meta is super boob friendly but (personal opinion again) their stuff gets pretty tacky so only buy nice prints okay cus you don't wanna end up looking like a fat ita even if its just your boobs (taht's my worse nightmare)
>>
>>9015652
Try being hh cup, anon.
I can actually fit in to most partially shirred and even a few non shirred pieces. My measures are 39",28",38" (I think this is right, idk American sizing)
You need to find designs with partial back shirring at minimum. Low waists will make your boobs pop out, high waist will cut your boobs in half. It's not just the measurement across your bust, you must also keep in mind that it is larger in other directions as well (I mean vertically mainly). regular waist designs are the way to go, they generally become under bust. Use boleros and cardigans.
Innocent world is bad for us (I own 2 iw jsks that both fit, one is altered, one is not).
Meta is good, loose shirring and some larger designs (I have an unshirred op by them and it actually fits).
If you struggle to put jsks on, get ones with button straps. Take the straps off and then zip up the dress around your waist, pull it up, then reattach the straps.
Your best bet is jsks because blouse buttons can often pop even if the pieces fit, and ops there isn't enough room in the bodice. Jsks you can adjust the straps for lower fit. There are even some options of plus sized (ish) jsks from brand, I recently bought a baby jsk that I did not even need to move the buttons on and fit with plenty of room to spare.
I hope this makes sense.

>>9015141
Yes, thank you (and to the other anons).
>>
Did anyone else participate in Meta's Vintage Cameo MTO? I received my confirmation email about them shipping it out soon a few days ago.
>>
>>9015652
Is your ribcage really 36"? I suspect you're probably one of the many people who needs to go down a band size or three and up several cup sizes.
>>
SECRETS!
>>
>>9015546
I'm pretty sure I made mine when I was like 14 or 15, I just never used it for anything because I had no money.

>>9015660
meta haters trying to be low key or what? let anon wear what she likes

>>9015718
calm the fuck down and read the thread before making yourself look like a retard
>>9015454
>>
>>9014874
Is it true that the more expensive a dress is, the more it sucks the souls out of other nearby lolitas? Like as pricetag goes up, soulsuck jealousy aura keeps pace?
>>
>>9015712
Oh whoops, my band is like 32, 36 was like my back plus boobs

>>9015683
>>9015660
>>9015658
THANK ANONS
I'll probably look them up but I'm too afraid to order anything online rn incase it's a weird fit ;c
I wish I had irl loli friends to let me try on their shit
>>
>>9015753
You can't really participate in this fashion if you are too afraid to order things online.

A 91cm bust really isn't /that/ big, so I wouldn't freak out or anything if I were you. You shouldn't have a problem fitting into most brand. I have the same bust measurement as you and I fit IW JSKs just fine. I just have to unbutton the straps at the back and wear them halter style, nbd. I even own some VM that fits well. Like other anons said, pay attention to measurements. But also be aware that there is a lot of trial and error involved in this hobby
>>
>>9015753
Also a 32D/E and I fit most brand. Sometimes I wear a minimiser bra or binder but most of the time it isn't really required (except for some boned pieces).
>>
>>9015607
I have no idea where to find the album sorry.
>>
>>9015739
Depends. If it's an iconic dress, then yes. If it's the hype of the month that's being scalped, people will think you're an idiot.
>>
>>9015783
It's not letting me post links to teh full albums, it's listing them as spam. Go to teh official BTSSB fb page, and look for the album for the new Ticking Clock AatP print For Little Dreaming Sailr, click on albums, and scroll down until youfind the photoshoot album for that.
>>
>>9015783
The rest of the photos are on BABY's fb page. /media/set/?set=a.727750697327239.1073742055.567261646709479&type=3
>when you f her from behind and she looks at you
>>
File: wut.jpg (93KB, 648x842px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
93KB, 648x842px
>>9015803
Im getting a rapey vibe from this...
>>
>>9015027
>>9015030
This isn't the first time. I think AaTP has hired a new photographer creating some sexually provocative photoshoots.

You're not selling sex here.
>>
>>9015812
There's also the one in the album next to the one I posted, which her hegs up over the headboard - which focuses on her bare legs and the sliding up skirt.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13221718_727750797327229_7600828806101553822_n.jpg?oh=317fb2da32707a6d241780358b0a0dcc&oe=579E74EF
>>
>>9015815
Why I mentioned the Little Dreaming Sailor series as well. It's downright wrong, and not entirely helpign the whole 'Lolita isn't a sexual little girl look fashion'.
>>
Okay so I'm fairly new to lolita. I've been into it for a while, but just started to actually buy stuff and get into it.
So far I've bought two JSKs of taobao, and I'm planning on getting some bodyline dresses and skirts next time I buy
My question is it looked down upon to not own any brand pieces? I'm honestly not that interested in most brand dresses, and the ones I like are always like $300-$500, and to me that price doesn't really feel worth it.
I have like one or two cheaper brand dresses I'm interested in, so I might buy them, but I'm not planning to get like a whole closet of brand
So yeah, is that bad or frowned upon?
>>
>>9015822

No, as long as you coord well
>>
>>9015822
No one cares about if you own taobao or bodyline, but you will find that quality speaks for itself.
>>
>>9015822
No, it doesn't matter where your clothes came from as long as you look good.
>>
>>9015822
No one is going to judge you. The way you coord speaks much more loudly than the main piece itself, anyway.
>>
>>9015753
Got thee to a Nordstrom or a bra boutique!
>>
>>9015818
>>9015815
Maybe AatP has been having shitty sales and now are trying a new direction in marketing? I don't like it — it gives me the heebee-jeebees from the era of American Apparel photos before they fired that creepy CEO — but maybe it signals something about the business itself.
>>
>>9015828
>>9015830
>>9015831
>>9015844
Thanks guys! I know it's a bit silly to care about what others think, but I would feel bad if I knew people judged me haha..
I'll probably try to get some brand in the future, because quality, but right now I'd rather have a bit more quantity over quality, so I can vary my coords
>>
>>9015894
no, the people there often don't know what they're talking about.
go to /r/abrathatfits and use the calculator there
>>
>>9015917
>I would feel bad if I knew people judged me
People are going to judge you no matter what, whether it's normies who think you're a weirdo for dressing this way or other lolitas whose tastes differ from yours, so you might as well do what you want.
>>
>>9015899
Possibly because their designs have been going downhill in general? AatP has lost its identity too much.
>>
So uh, help me please.

I bought some tights from haenuli and as I was putting them on everything was going surprisingly well (despite some print stretching) and then, RIP

The crotch seam ripped wide open, I put on my nude panties over them to cover the hole, and I dont think it plans on ripping any further.

Can I sew a better crotch into these tights? the rest of the tights are just fine, now im just running around in crotchless tights basically.
>>
>>9015950
Didn't the designer that made most of their super popular stuff leave or something?
>>
>>9015753
Anon, ordering online isn't really difficult. Your boobs aren't even that big. Just ensure that you get dresses that have at least ~10 cm wiggle room (check lolibrary) if you're really worried. The only thing you may have trouble with is blouses, which you can get custom sized.
>>
>>9015985
maybe sew them up and reinforce the crotch area with some stretch fabric?
>>
>>9016014
Yeah thats what i was thinking, I found a word for it too, its called a gusset, but I only see people talking about putting those in jeans.

I have no idea how to sew anything to do with tights but I think Ill just take them to a normal tailor and see if they can add a better crotch to it.

And then im buying a new pair of these tights just to have a good pair lol
>>
>>9015597
AP will open their Paris store around when paris expo is, 10 of july i have heard from friends who got invitations
>>
>>9016003
Yup. AatP was the brand through which I discovered Lolita fashion. Today, I wouldn't give it much of a glance were I only now getting into it.
>>
>>9015652
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyFdn74CCIw this tryhard fattychan has the same problems as you anon
>>
File: 1462548651661.gif (389KB, 1042x638px) Image search: [Google]
1462548651661.gif
389KB, 1042x638px
>>9016030
wait she works at a school? What kind of school allows you to work in such a outfit? Why would you even want to wear such an unpractical outfit when you are working with kids?
>>
>>9015929
Yes,measuring yourself with that subreddit works too, but fyi Nordstrom loves /r/abrathatfits...
>>
>>9016047
aight, my bad then. I don't know any specific usa stores but I've seen breakdowns of different stores' sizing guesses on one person and they seemed to generally suck
>>
>>9016022
This is exciting! I can't wait to see it when it's been "transferred" as the AP site says. Gives me hope for the future of the fashion.
>>
>>9016030
This is so sad. I used to squeeze into small older AP dresses that were way below my measurements, because I loved the dresses so much. And I know how utterly uncomfortable and sad you feel when every movement could rip a seam. Please start wearing dresses that fit >>9015652 anon. AP's fully back-shirred pieces, especially the newer ones will fit you comfortably. You can even use waist extenders to make the straps longer, so the dresses won't be too high-waisted.
>>
>>9016030
>unbuttoning the straps and making a halter neck

Holy shit, I've never thought of doing that. Thanks for the vid.
>>
Is there a reason why AP US will update their website and not post about it until days later? I was randomly browsing and saw they had every single size and pair of tea parties in stock so I snagged the gold LLs, but they didn't even make the announcement until a day later and people were bummed they already sold out of some. Like what...
>>
>>9015753
I have a similar bust/waist to you and it has become an issue but it's not too bad. Weirdly enough, brands that produce a range of sizing can be worse worse than ones that don't, because Taobao brands that do S/M/L sizing tend to have less in the way of corset lacing, shirring etc to adjust the fit than one-size Japanese brands do, but the S/M/L sizing is made for people that aren't busty so you end up with your waist in a S and your bust in an L on a dress with no shirring. Some very old brand pieces are smaller but I'd say over 50% of brand will fit a 90cm bust just fine - I actually have three or four brand blouses that are still too big for me. I even have a Victorian Maiden JSK that fits and they're notorious for being small. Just check the sizing for releases and get familiar with lolibrary to look up the measurements of stuff you're thinking of buying and you should manage.
>>
>>9014874
I plan either a month or two before, or a week before. Depends on what I'm wearing out to. And I won't buy a new main piece for events unless it's a a brand hosted event and I don't have a piece from them. But that's not becoming the case anymore.
And like someone else said, I prefer to work with what I have. If I buy anything for a specific outfit it'd be something like an accessory or stuff to make something for my outfit with.
>>
>>9015413
Crown Label is the sweet line. While Meta/CL are much more closely intertwined than Baby/AatP and there is a definite moment at which they "branch into" a sweet and classic line, they are differentiating between substyles here in a similar way.
>>
>>9015440
Yeah it's no good. They're also covering a sector of the market that doesn't have a lot of demand anymore like costumey goth and steampunk
>>
>>9015985
get safety shorts! they are really useful
>>
>>9015652
I have 34DD and I'm 5'4..full back shirred AP fits me perfectly with room to spare.
Haenuli is also very forgiving to the bustline.
>>
>>9015985
I would cut the crotch out of another pair of tights and Frankenstein the crotch area of the Haenuli ones because eventually you'll get runs coming down from the seams where the rip happened.
>>
>>9016365
Isn't steampunk still popular in Japan? I wonder what Japanese lolitas think of AatP's recent stuff. I wish there was a YouTube channel that could interview girls around La Foret about this kind of stuff.
>>
>>9015798
>>9015803
Holy shit I see what you mean now. From the first image posted to this thread it seemed innocent enough ( because Peter Pan got them out of bed) but after seeing the rest,wtf. I just want them to go back to their better gothicky days
>>
What does it mean when an item from a taobao shop (im looking at cutie creator) says VIP where the price is listed?
>>
I sold a dress which I bought second hand but never wore myself and had it dry cleaned before sending it to the buyer, who says that it has body odors and wants a partial refund. What would be an appropriate amount to refund considering the dress sold for $400? Or if I paid for additional dry cleaning, how much on average does that cost?
>>
>>9016625
If you never wore it and got it dry cleaned I wouldnt refund anything, show her the reciept from when you got it dry cleaned to prove it.
>>
>>9016625
I think you should Google some dry cleaners in your buyer's area and have a look. Where I am the average price is $20 for a dress but I also live close to the centre of town where the prices are a bit higher than the suburbs
>>
>>9016532
read the taobao faq
>>
>>9016633
Oh I didnt know the pastebin sticky had less info than the one on the actual taobao thread, my bad.
>>
>>9016627
I've done that now, thanks for the advice anon

>>9016630
I can't believe I didn't think of doing that, thankyou!
>>
The last holy lantern MTO (release date in May) has finally arrived with my SS and I'm pretty stoked. I dont even care that everyone is sick of this dress. Its on its way and HNG i get to wear it on my body.
>>
Random thought, but how long does it take everyone to get ready for a meetup? I always give myself a ton of time and wind up taking no time at all. Maybe it has to do with wearing a wig rather than styling hair or already having the coordinate picked out.
>>
>>9016773
Im bad with makeup and things always comes up with my ride or family. Usually its 4 hours but sometimes that isn't enough
>>
>>9016773

I always give myself 2-3 hours to get ready but I never use it all haha. I think it actually takes me about 1 hour to get ready
>>
>>9016773
It depends on the coord/what I'm doing that day. I'd say generally only 45 minutes max for me. The longest is doing my makeup which I might take like 30 minutes to do and maybe 15 minutes to get dressed up, but sometimes I put on very minimal or no makeup and I only take maybe like 15-20 minutes to get ready.
>>
I'm so disappointed by Ticking Clock, I love Peter Pan but the print is so meh and the green(?) colour way wtf. The cuts are pretty cute though and I think the OP is perfect although ironically they used a pointy collar instead of a Peter Pan collar...
>>
>>9016773
If including makeup, around an hour.
>>
>>9015815
lol reminds me of my first ita-phase photoshots
>>
https://youtu.be/lyFdn74CCIw

How does this make you feel anons?
>>
>>9016751
Which manga is this from?
>>
>>9016773
I'm in the opposite position. I usually try to give myself about an hour and a half, but I always end up experimenting or having wardrobe malfunctions that make me late
>>
>>9016886
Literally don't care. They're her dresses. If she ever tries to sell them, she should mark the price down for damage but other than that she can cut them up if she damn well pleases
>>
>>9016886
The sound is not so good and as a non-native speaker I have trouble understanding her so I don't know if she's funny or not.

And maybe I'm a bully who hates fat people or maybe I just don't want to get another ''in new condition'' stretched out dress in the mail.
>>
>>9016927
It's probably better that she's wearing them as a halter rather than leaving the straps attached and wearing them normally. It puts a little less stress on the back shirring so that it's not entirely stretched out and wearing it out quite as much.

Listing your measurements or saying "This was worn by a plus size person" would be an honest way of letting a buyer know that they may not wish to buy it if they are on the smaller end of the size spectrum. I've never had to mark my stuff down for damage for being chubby,
>>
>>9016773
Getting dressed 10 minutes, makeup 15 minutes, hair 1 hour.
So theoretically 1:25 hours, but I'm preparing a lot the day before already. Like laying out my coord the night before, ironing any wrinkly items and cleaning my shoes. Also doing my nails and washing my hair the evening before (because it's ass long, showering and drying my hair takes about 1 hour). This all helps me saving time, otherwise I would need like 3-4 hours.
>>
>>9016773
It depends. I give myself a lot of time to get ready because I like to go slow and mess around. But if I hurry, I can ready in about an hour.
>>
>>9016886
I think it looks good on her, better than the ctp girl (not that that's hard) but seconding >>9016927 about not selling it for anywhere near full price.

>>9016993
I saw a Baby JSK listed on lm and the girl specifically stated she would prefer to sell it to a plus sized girl because she had stretched the bust, so I guess there's hope.
>>
>>9016993
or just sell in plus size sales
>>
>>9016751
Celebrate anon. I bought it and it is so gorgeous, even better in person. Became one of my favorite dresses.
>>
>at a panel in chess chocolate
>guy sits down next to me, talks about the panel
>"nice cosplay by the way"
>"t-thanks"
I've resigned myself to this fate at this point
>>
>>9017187
this happens to me too often, i've also resigned myself to this fate. my favorite is "lolita cosplay"...

it's just easier to nod and be polite than to sperg out and explain everything every single time.
>>
>>9017187
It's kind of expected to have people mistake your clothes for cosplay when you're at a convention but there's nothing wrong with politely correcting them imo. "Oh this isn't cosplay, it's a Japanese street fashion" would be a perfectly acceptable response, I think, even more so in this situation because the average con goer might care more to know about what you're wearing than any random curious normie on the street.
>>
>>9016030
Ooh.

She's clever and funny. I like her.
>>
Day of the meet:
>I just remembered I have a huge project due tomorrow so I can't go, sorry!
>My car broke down last week and it's still not fixed :( I can't go, sorry!
>I JUST remembered my grandma's funeral is today and I can't miss it. I can't go, sorry!
I know I'm not the only one who gets peeved at this. What is wrong with your life that you can't keep track of this stuff, or you think your car will magically fix itself overnight?
>>
>>9017280
Lol, you know they're lying, right?
>>
File: fuckyes.gif (256KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyes.gif
256KB, 500x378px
>>9016896

Onii Sama E. Created by the same writer as rose of versailles.
I didnt read the mange but there is an anime that I watched. 10/10 would recommend

>pic related is my favorite character

>>9017179
thanks anon! Coming with EMS so hopefully it will be here soon ahhh!!
>>
>>9017187
I don't ever correct people if they give me a compliment.
It's like when you say "bless you" when someone sneezes and they come back with "I'm an atheist"
It's just rude.

Take the god damn compliment. Don't be mad that someone is trying to be nice, even if they are ignorant.
>>
>>9016773
Wig plus simple coord-45 minutes
OTT classic with natural hair in updo-1.5-2 hours
Modern classic-sweet with natural hair curled- 3 hours
Oldschool (sweet or classic)- 20 minutes
>>
>>9017311
>old school (sweet or classic) 20 minutes
Kek. Accurate.
>>
>>9015985
You can also paint the rip edges with clear nail polish to prevent further ripping
>>
>>9016030
Holy shit, I had no idea she had a yt channel. I actually like her humor and how committed she is to the fashion. This made me smile. I kinda would love if her and Branther could somehow meet and record together
>>
>>9016030
I was ready to hate but this was funny
>>
>>9017375
I'm actually enjoying her other videos a lot. The honesty is pretty great.
>>
>>9017302
No shit, but why half an hour before? That's fucking rude, just say you can't go, preferably sometime before the day it starts.
>>
>>9017280
It's worse when the actual host of the meet decides to change the time of the meet on the actual day, or has nothing planned but a location of meeting and tries to say "whatever you guys wanna do".
>>
File: fatties.png (255KB, 438x607px) Image search: [Google]
fatties.png
255KB, 438x607px
Serious question- why do so many fatties ask stupid questions? Is it because they are really awkward? Is it because they want attention but can't come up with an actual topic? Is it a mixture of both?
>>
>>9017794
I feel like their insecurity causes them to live in closed circles of friends so they never get any criticism or helpful input, only comments like "that's so good you look amazing!". It's impossible to grow in an environment like that so you end up being an awkward idiot.
DESU I've been in friend groups like that and when I asked for concrit m friends seemed genuinely afraid to suggest anything because it would be man. At least I had anxiety to convince me my work needed work and was not good to go.
>>
>>9017794
Someone really just commented saying it's good for OTT sweet... why are these people allowed in the group...
>>
Has anyone tried buying anything off of Rakuten? I tried to buy a MILK dress off of there, and the screen said "ERROR" after I hit submit then immediately redirected me to the homepage. The item is still available for sale and I didn't get an e-mail to say I bought anything/confirm... Has this happened to any of you gulls?
>>
>>9015475
2-3 days in a ROW? NO!
JFC, I won't hardly wear the same main piece twice to meets in a year. Just wear it one day and face up to the fact that lolita all day, everyday or even for several days is NOT for poorfags or noobs with only one coord!
I can't believe you even asked this, it's too gross to think about.
>>
>>9017897
How many dresses (full coords that is) do you think one should one if they wanted to be a more daily lolita.

Right now I have about a coord for every day of the week, but its clearly not enough, at least not for me, but im not really sure what a good number is.

Of course the best answer is that you can never have enough dresses.
>>
>>9017897
Okay ignoring the annoying way this anon wrote their post, yeah don't wear a coord more than once. It looks tacky and really you should be washing your clothes as best you can between wears. You don't want to come off as the smelly girl rewearing clothes all weekend.
>>
>>9015739
It has to be a hard-to-get, hard-to-fit-into, rare or very desired piece. Preferably having several of those qualities all at once. Those are my favorites. They keep me going at the gym, refusing ice cream and resisting splurge purchases so I can afford more of them but watch out - they are addictive!
>>
>>9017899
I say 20 main pieces min (including skirts). 30 is better, one for every day of most months and not too much cleaning stress on them and enough to rotate your looks easily. My current goal/ideal is 50 main pieces but I doubt I'll stop there when I reach it, I said the same about 30.
>>
>>9017908
Hmmm yeah thats about what I was thinking too, thanks for the help! I can't wait to amass a large enough wardrobe to truly wear it everyday.

I dont think ill ever feel like I have "enough" lol but its always nice to have a number in mind!
>>
>>9017905
I only own one AP dress but I feel this way. That dress is the only reason I work out and eat less. It feels good to be working towards something.

I want so badly to fit into it nicely and to not have to alter it in any way.
>>
>>9017910
I don't feel like it all has to be really fancy or expensive pieces either but having more really makes it easier to make daily or 'most days lolita' wardrobes work without stress. Oh, and a petti with deliberately less poof for days when it just gets in the way to have a bigger one. That was a good thing to realize! Daily Lolita FTW!
>>
>>9017921
Oh I generally wear indie brands and in classic prints or solids anyway, which I love since I can make it "fancy professional" looking or just fancy.

I do need a petti thats not quite as big as the one I have now though, Im not sure what a good inbetween a-line petti is for daily wear though! All I have is super poof lol
>>
>>9017280
In lolita, you honestly have a bunch of people who don't really know how to behave in modern polite society because they weren't taught at home if they are middle class teens and twenty-somethings. They have few to no actual social skills regarding how to correctly handle party RSVP, cancelling somethinggraciously, etc.
Just because someone bought a fancy print dress or 3 doesn't magically give them good manners if they did not have them in the first place. Plebs.
But I'm kind of surprised you are surprised at this.
>>
>>9017538
This is exactly why I skipped out on my comm's latest meet. Changed the date and location and had nothing planned but "walking around."
>>
>>9017937
If their mommas raised them right, they'd know better.
>>
>>9017926
That sounds ideal, actually, very versatile.
I just didn't want it to sound like someone needs a ton of (or even any) expensive burando to achieve near-daily Lolita goals. I got my lesser pouf petti in a vintage shop, it didn't have a tag.
>>
>>9017954
Can't tell if joking or serious but I think that's exactly right!
>>
>>9017538
I stopped even trying to go to meets like that. I'll ask time, date, place, plan and if they can't give good answers then just nope!
Those kinds of girls really don't know how to hostess, obviously. Awkwardness ensues, their meets aren't really even any fun.
>>
File: 306702-47604.jpg (25KB, 156x235px) Image search: [Google]
306702-47604.jpg
25KB, 156x235px
>>9017966
Oh, I was being serious. I was going to include personal anecdotes, but boiling it down to a one liner is so much more convenient.

yfw I was 6, hand-washing my mother's fine china and lead crystal by myself.
>>
>>9017943
I think lunch or tea then 'walking around' a specific place like historic district, shopping mall or area, etc. would be ok but even then, I'd try to make it a little more structured and list shops, points of interest, etc. Then if a couple of groups wanted to go to different places within the general area, they could plan to meet up after. We often split up at the mall then meet at a decided lunch place at a set time and that works out fine.
>>
>>9017954
Manners in general when accepting or refusing invitations are often eye-rolling as well. Too much sad saga of why you can't come cause you are broke, don't have a ride, etc. ugh.
>>
>>9017979
Then you were better than I was. I broke a dish and got busted back down to silverware polishing. :^)
>>
>>9017995
I have a book on 'How to Dress' for women from the '50's. It's how to dress appropriately for different occasions, proper etiquette from eating to accepting invitations, how to sew, and how to be the best woman you can be.
Standard reading for Home Economics at a high elementary/ middle school level.
>>
>>9017999
After my mom supervised me the first few times, saw how badly I cried when I pulled a broken sugar jar out of storage, she was like 'aight you like this shit even more than me'
I also liked smooth jazz and talked like an old woman.
>>
>>9018005
I think the social etiquette and table manners at least need a BIG revival for the lolita community at large. People can go on all they want about 'it's just clothes' but when going out dressed up to nice places with others in a group and accepting and declining invitations, it's very useful and would probably make so many events nicer.
>>
>>9018068
Definitely, it has nothing to do with "lolitas should be lovelies" or putting on airs. I just don't want tea and cake all over my dress because some asshole is eating with their mouth wide open and reaching over people to get things.
>>
>>9017794
This topic really isn't that triggering, seems like you just wanted another podium to whine about fatties. But actually, you're just as insufferable as noobs and itas to anyone normal who can look beyond this kind of shit if it doesn't appeal to their preferences.
>>
Quick question: Does Lacemarket have a snipe guard function or anything? Or can people bid in the last 5 minutes without issue?
>>
>>9018164
That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Bidding is bidding. It goes until the last second.
>>
>>9018164
why in the fuck wouldn't they be able to bid if the bids are still open?
>>
So if you are a taller than average lolita (172 cm) is there any chance that an AP salopette won't be too short??????

I just got burned on a highwaist jsk so I don't want to buy until I'm sure...
>>
>>9018170
>salopette
>not short on even average Lolita height

You're new, aren't you?
>>
>>9018097
Agreed, or getting stared at because someone is acting like a squealing weeb when we are already dressed as a group quite a bit differently. Good manners make up for that actually, and smooth any oddness of dress over if anything. Acceptable social behavior is reasonable and a far cry from triggering the 'lolitas r lovelies' issue. I think many lolitas have pretty bad manners honestly and it's embarrassing sometimes.
>>
>>9018166
>>9018168
On some Japanese auctions, bidding at the last minute will extend the bidding time deadline. LM does not have this feature.
>>
>>9018166
>>9018168

Some sites have a snipe guard, where, if you bid within the last 15 minutes, the auction is extended in order to prevent sniping. It's been awhile since I last used LM, so I wanted to check if this was the case.

I got my answer though, so thanks a ton.
>>
>>9018170
Is it really that hard for you to look up the fucking length of the salopette? Jesus please make the dumb questions stop.
>>
>>9018174
How is that the same as whatever snipe guard bs anon was spouting? It doesn't prevent anyone from bidding.

>>9018177
The way you phrased it sounded as if nobody could bid on the item for the last bit. Which is retarded, like you.
>>
>>9018170
Salos are for short, petite lolitas 99% of the time. Since you are tall, pay close attention to measurements on used sites until you get a feel for how the longer items look and fit and then you'll be able to judge by a photo better. I'm 170 and many OP are not long enough in the bodice, much AP is too short for me and so are lots of skirts. I look for long versions of jsk and pay attention to length measure on everything, remembering petticoat will eat up length too. I wear lots of tights instead of socks too.
>>
>>9018172
I've been a lurker but yeah I'm new. Sorry.
>>9018186
Thanks! I'll keep all this in mind
>>
>>9018192
Yw, there is a tall Lolita FB group as well, I lurk for info. You will find things, just usually not cheap salos or skirts, unfortunately! Good luck.
>>
>>9018181
Snipe guard, anon, not bid guard. I dunno, I understood what they were asking about.
>>
So...Can I just START doing Lolita? I guess I just need to go buy a "brand" like Angelic Pretty dress? People say it costs an arm and a leg, but from what I can tell, 120$ isn't much. Unless those people still live at home with their parents? I work, so dropping that much isn't that much.
And then go from there? Look up to see if others are going to have a tea party? (or that's what I picked up from Deerstalker Pictures on YouTube, who is a cute mother fucker, and I like her videos.
Buy.
Enjoy.
Look Cute.
Repeat?
>>
I have an insane question. Or rather my friend does, who is not a lolia, and I am asking on her behalf.

So she is an amazing plush maker and is right now rolling in the money from making MLP plushies. She asked me if my Loilta friends like MLP, because I personally do, and I said yes since they are colorful unicorns who eat cute cakes. She wondered would it be crazy if she bought an AP or Princess Doll for the official print, cut it up to make a pony sized lolita dress, and start aiming for this community to like the pony plushies. You know what I mean?
>>
>>9018278
>So...Can I just START doing Lolita?
That's what I did. Also most AP dresses cost more than $150 haha, are you talking about buying a skirt or something?
>>
>>9018005
I'm not sure if you're still here anon, but do you have the name and author of that book? It's something I'd love to read. Thank you.
>>
>>9018278
Buy whatever dress you like, doesn't have to be brand, just needs to be good, also over 100 bucks is still expensive sometimes even though I work full time, got them bills to pay and car to fix man.
>>
>>9018299
>just needs to be good
This is super subjective.
>>
>>9018294
That's retarded and so is your friend.
>>
>>9018278
price can differ from dress to dress, older secondhand dresses are cheaper obviously, brand new will indeed cost you a bit more. you can just start lolita, but also study a bit about how to build coords etc and all the brands that are out there (except for all the chinese taobao brands, there are just too many), otherwise you won't really know what people at teaparties talk about. and to find teaparties, see if there's a comm near you
>>
>>9018278
I started by creating looks and building a wishlist.
If you already have your personal tastes down pat and you know what looks good on you, just buy whatever you want regardless of brand. I suggest you build a look for that item before you continue on, or buy main pieces you can share a blouse/bag/etc for and get the other stuff as it's available.
You got the gist though.
That's the hardest part I think, jumping on stuff when you have the chance.
>>
>>9018278
I think a good start is trying to figure out what styles appeal to you the most first, lolibrary and many secondhand sites such as closet child have a record of things that have been released so far, and brand sites themselves have like the most recent releases (when I started I splurged on like 3 baby jsks and a few IW ones) just try to find where you fit in before you purchase though, I sold a few of my dresses once I got them because I realized my tastes shifted once I got to see more things
>>
>>9018294
I think making brand sized bjd clothing would actually profit her more than ponies, but that's just my opinion
>>
File: 20160523_000134.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20160523_000134.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>9018298
I'll do you one better.
It's a McGraw Hill publish, third edition by Byrta Carson.
>>
Awesome advice. So it's not as strict as I thought. Then I have to buy a wig right? And those sweet cool looking shoes and all those super elegant and pretty purses. I can see the apple in this life style. It's just buying cute things. Don't know why people make a big deal out of it. People spend thousands of dollars on games and other shoes. So why not pretty dresses?

What's my taste eh? Hmm, well was I am currently just browsing Angelic Pretty (only brand name I know of), I have always been a fan of the heavily detailed and designed things, very rococo style, my whole life. Blah, only problem is, I'm 6 feet. That's not short and cute. That's tall and awkward.
>>
>>9018317
You mean just making a human sized dress? ...I guess she could try? I don't know think she would know how to get really pretty fabric though. Not like Joann's has anything that's AP styled fabrics. Do they?
>>
>>9018294
please let this be bait
>>
>>9018326
I wouldn't mind posting some of the guides in it if you're interested.
>>
>>9018330
You sound like you might like Baby the Stars Shine Bright, they have a lot of intricate designs.
>>
>>9018278

$120 will will get you some unpopular secondhand brand, or maybe a taobao dress. A brand new dress is more like $300+, the OTT super special wedding made-to-order soul-sucking dresses are way above $1000, plus you have to catch the right timing when the brands open for preorders.

A full lolita outfit needs either a dress with sleeves, blouse+ jsk, or blouse + skirt. Then a petticoat, tights, appropriate shoes, appropriate bag, and some headwear. The final cost, on the lower end, would be more like $300-ish, more if you're on the Western side of the world and need things shipped to you. It's not a good idea to buy petticoats secondhand, they deflate over time. If you get lucky you may find some girls so desperate to get rid of their old clothes they're willing to sell them to you for cheap.

After your first meetup, what are you gonna do? Pack your clothes away and pull out the exact same coord for every single meetup and every con you go to? That's a good way for girls to start talking shit about how you only have one coord. So you need to start building a wardrobe, which consists of buying more dresses, more blouses, more shoes, more bags, making sure your whites match, getting upset when things arrive and aren't the colour on your computer screen, etc etc.

There's certainly more expensive hobbies out there, and you can pace yourself so you're only buying one new dress every 2-3 months. But it's not exactly a cheap hobby either.

Poorfags are a mixed bunch. The fashion attracts underage, so they don't have any money. Then there's the replicafags who whine about being poor but have like 10+ replica dresses in their wardrobe, each of which probably cost them $70-100; they just whine about being poor so they have an excuse to buy replicas of popular prints, I think. Mixed in with all that are people who live in trailer parks or are just poor enough that $120 a month is a bit much to spend.
>>
>>9018330
There are plenty of dresses in longer cuts, but get familiar with using lolibrary as a tool to make sure you get a good fit.
Measure yourself: bust, waist, hip, shoulders, and your feet in cm so you aren't scrambling for this info when you do see something you want to buy.
Just browse, take a look at some coordinating guides!
I hope you have fun anon, I'm new too, but I'm still just so happy to have this hobby.
>>
>>9018326
>>9018335
Thanks so much anon! Yes, I would absolutely be interested. I may get one for myself off amazon as well.
>>
>>9018339
>Pack your clothes away and pull out the exact same coord for every single meetup and every con you go to? That's a good way for girls to start talking shit about how you only have one coord.

How exciting!! I can't wait. Interesting. So that's why there are so many dresses. Can't wear it twice.
>>
>>9018348
>that's why there are so many dresses
>can't wear it twice

that's... not what anon was saying at all? You are discouraged from wearing the same coord over and over but it's really really easy to change the coord without changing the dress.
>>
>>9018352
Tbh your spelling is probably more of an issue than whatever shitstorm you created.
>>
>>9018353

Oh! Same outfit over and over, not same dress. Gotcha.
>>
>>9018348
Of course you can wear a dress twice, retard. It's a fashion, not a costume. But if you actually like the fashion, of course you want to own multiple dresses/skirts. Meetups are a fun way to show off your wardrobe. You can of course wear a dress more than once, but it's better to vary your coordinates and main pieces for meetups.

Please do a little bit more research, anon. You sound like an over-excited cosplayer.

http://fyeahlolita.blogspot.com/2009/10/how-to-avoid-being-ita.html

F Yeah Lolita is a good source for information. Be sure to go through her articles before asking more questions.
>>
>>9018357
If you don't even know what coord means you need to lurk way way more before posting.
>>
How do I get a lolita grillfriend if there are 0 lolitas anywhere near Santa Monica?
>>
>>9018361
You can get one by killing yourself and respawning as qt Japanese husbando.
>>
>>9018294
>asking if it's a good idea to cut up good, decent burnado that didn't nothing wrong so she can put it on a fucking MLP doll

fuck no bitch why would anyone do that, I just physically cringed at the thought of some poor dress being cut up to be used for some MLP toy.

I don't think that many lolitas care about MLP anyways and besides the fact that she'd be harming innocent burando, it'd just look stupid. the prints on the dress are sized for human beings - if you cut up the fabric and took tiny bits of it to make small dresses, it's just gonna look fugly with random huge pieces of the print.

if she wants to make lolita clothing for her plushies, tell her to just make shit out of plain fabric or commercially available patterned fabric.
>>
File: 20160523_002636.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20160523_002636.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>9018345
Can you imagine being taught how to apply makeup in school?
My mom apparently used this book back then, I found my copy in a thrift store by chance.
>>
>>9018278
is this b8? deerstalker is a group, not just one girl.....
>>
>>9018359
>http://fyeahlolita.blogspot.com/2009/10/how-to-avoid-being-ita.html

I will check that out! Thanks.

Last question, how do you guys get over going out in public in full cords? Do you do it only once a week and then switch back to jeans and a tee when your not feeling like getting all done up?
>>
File: 20160523_002303.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20160523_002303.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>9018364
I'll post the other two images for makeup if there is an interest.
I'm going to bed.
>>
>>9018370
>when your not feeling like getting all done up?
dressing up is my MO. I don't own a single pair of pants, and 90% of my wardrobe is Lolita.
>>
>>9018377
One day anon, I will have your life.
>>
>>9017453
I think maybe because, since they're lying about having some dramatic event happening, they don't mention it until it's the day of to make it seem more realistically sudden. Generally I try to let the host know a few days before I truly believe that I won't be able to go to a meet.

I felt awful, but one time before a meet I really did have to cancel like an hour before. I don't drive, so one of my parents usually gives me a ride to the train station. As we were leaving, my dad noticed the car had a flat tire. I also live a bit far out from the city we have meets in, so while my dad was able to put a donut on and drive it a short ways down the road to get a new tire put on, by the time everything was all finished, I realized that I definitely wouldn't make it in time to the meet on public transport without being *that guy* that comes like 20 minutes before its over. Luckily there was no penalty for no-shows and it wasn't a pre-reserved thing, but I did let the host know I couldn't make it and told her if there were any fees charged to her because I didn't show up that I would absolutely pay her back. This was maybe almost a year ago and to this day I feel bad still, even though it wasn't much of an issue, but just that I know how annoying it is to have people cancel last minute.
>>
>>9018370
I do enjoy dressing up and going out but not always obviously. You should also do what you like doing. Do you like dressing up all the time? If so, find a way to make dressing up all the time a lolita thing. (learn to sew, etc) or if you just like doing it sometimes, then only do it when you feel like it.

I'm the person that replied to you saying I just started doing lolita one day. It's true, I saw a dress I really liked and thought, that's it, I'm gonna buy that dress so I made it my mission to get a better paying job so I could have money to buy the dresses I wanted.

If you really want it, you can get it. Even if you have to buy stuff that is very secondhand. The first AP dress I bought was only $70 but because it was missing a bow. Stuff like that is an easy fix in an outfit.

Lurk around and find some good secondhand sites to go to, we talk about them all the time as most girls here buy stuff second hand when they can't win bidding wars or can't refresh a page fast enough during a release.
>>
>>9018370
I dress pretty "normally" in day-to-day life/it's not always practical for me to be in lolita, or at least I don't always have the energy to get dolled up every day. It felt awkward the first couple of times going out in lolita just because it's a very attention-grabbing fashion and obviously there will be people staring or asking questions, but after the third time I didn't even bat an eyelash and usually I even laugh at myself because I know that I probably look crazy as fuck to some people. But yeah I don't really have a problem switching between what I wear. Currently, with the kinds of pieces I have, I only get dressed for meets and conventions but I have been working on trying to get more everyday-friendly pieces and trying to find out ways to coord dresses in normie outfits. At first I only wanted to wear my stuff to meets but now I'm like....I pay a lot of money for this shit, I should try to get more use out of them lol.
>>
>>9018390
>I have been working on trying to get more everyday-friendly pieces
Same. Anytime I have extra cash and I can't find something on my wishlist I just look for cute plain stuff that looks comfy as hell. People can bitch about full shirring but whatever, it's fucking nice.
>>
>>9018370

I dress normally everyday, in dresses, half of my dresses are lolita dresses. Not every coord looks like a rainbow unicorn fairy princess.

Seriously, lolita isn't about sitting around pretending to be cute unicorns eating cake. Most of us are in the hobby because we love the dresses. If you can't get excited for pretty dresses, or you just want to sit around and eat cake while pretending to be a cute unicorn, it's a better idea to join a cosplay group or something. You'll get pretty bored of lolita because half the discussions at meetups will be dresses, print dresses, which brands are putting out which dresses, old dresses, new dresses, and sometimes blouses, shoes and bags shaped like other things. The obssession is very much about the clothes, not so much anime or manga topics, so if you're looking for someone to play pretend princess with, you're going to be sorely dissappointed.

Just giving you a heads up before you buy that $120 dress, you really ought to see if you're really interested in getting together to discuss clothes, or if you should be looking for another group that serves your needs better.
>>
>>9018371
>>9018364
This is awesome anon! Thank you!
>>
>>9015658
>stuffing tits under waistband
>recommends IW for girls with big tits
Anon, stop.
>>
>>9015899
I hope not. If AatP has been having bad sales it's 100% due to their lackluster designs and has nothing to do with their models not being sexy enough.
>BABY pls reign in your rebellious little sister before she becomes a Japanese version of Black Milk catering to nymphets
>>
>>9017943
There's one girl in my comm who keeps trying to organize "hangout" meetups with nothing planned besides a location (mall, park) and vague time and date. What are we, teenage mallgoths? It's one thing to wander around aimlessly with a small group of close friends but she keeps inviting the entire 300+ person comm.
>>
File: 1463200224513.jpg (532KB, 960x1210px) Image search: [Google]
1463200224513.jpg
532KB, 960x1210px
I have a question regarding salos.
Is it crazy to wear one with a sweater/cardigan/jacket over the top portion to make it look like a skirt? Sort of like pic related.

I've never worn a salo and I'm worried that it will look weird on me.
Ive always been on the fence about APs LP cotton candy shop, but I really love the sax color. Although for some reason that only came as the salo
>life is suffering
>I've also contemplated buying two for fabric and taking it to a seamstress to weld into a JSK
>>
>>9018458
No.
>>
>>9018457
Tell her that you really don't attend 'hangout' meets without a specific plan in mind next time you RSVP no. If enough people do this a few times, likely she will get he hint.
>>
>>9018370
I wear dresses every day too, and attend quite a few events and parties. So my only pants are for gym or yoga. I dress up every day. Yes, lolita is more ott with wigs, bigger lashes and a petti but I like half-lashes, styled hair and pretty dresses for everyday even when not in lolita.
>>
>>9018103
Found the fatty
>>
>>9018166
>>9018168
>not knowing what a snipe guard is
The irony of calling someone stupid when you are the actual dumbfucks.
>>
>>9018364
>a girl cannot change the actual colour of her eyes
bitch look at my circle lenses
great resource tho, thanks anon, would love to see the other pages

>>9018458
why would anyone care
as long as it fits you ok do whatever
>>
File: tumblr_o7ma6wtWju1s020upo1_500.jpg (89KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7ma6wtWju1s020upo1_500.jpg
89KB, 426x640px
Closet Child.. Wtf r u doin
>>
>>9016022
Do you think the tea party will be on the same weekend or something else?
>>
>>9018558
soi have heard anyway, tea party on the 10th
>>
>>9018457
Does anyone even show up to her meets?
>>
>>9018294
God no,please don't cut up a dress just to make clothes for a toy. Lolitas would be too horrified to buy it.
Tell her to look up jsk styles in plain fabric instead.
>>
>>9018468
Several of us already do this, but
>>9018561
there are a handful of teenagers and itas who apparently enjoy hanging out in public areas doing absolutely nothing except freak out da normiez with their frills. Probably because, unlike proper meetups, it's 100% free.

>>9018548
How many pettis are CC using under there? Their poof has been crazy lately.
>>
>>9018181
No, their question was pretty clear. Not only do you lack basic reading skills, you tried shaming them too? I feel embarrassed for you anon.
>>
>>9018294
A better idea, since she already has the skill, would be to make plush bag ponies in colors that match carnival prints, like DDC, CDC and so on...
>>
>>9018333
Bjd anon. As in ball jointed doll. But that's a far cry from plushies.
>>
wtf i was bidding on something on LM with no BIN option, i woke up this morning and the item sold through BIN which was added later.

how is this even allowed?
>>
>>9018357
>T. Dreamy planetarium shoop-chan
>>
>>9018661
Contact the seller?
>>
>>9018661
We're you willing to pay the bin? Just seems no different than being outbid to me.
>>
>>9018779
Maybe if the BIN option had always been there, but shes saying it was originally only up for bid.
>>
>>9018294
As long as she doesn't stick fleshlights in those plush pussies it should suffice, we need that internal space for our items you know.

Also tell her to research prints with ponies and unicorns on them and make bags to match those. Though they're not anywhere as cartoony as MLP. Seems like cutting up real dresses would be excessive.
>>
>>9018783
How much was the bin and how much did you bid?
>>
>>9018787
Im not the girl who was bidding, im just explaining to you the difference.

If a dress has a BIN and a bid up it makes someone someone couldve swiped it for the full amount.

However if it was only a bid its a little fishy that right near the end of the bidding that the dress owner would add a BIN option, sounds like she found someone to buy it for full price and changed it for that person, which is kinda shitty when you already have it up for auction.
>>
>>9018770
>>9018779
>>9018787
i'm not sure if it's worth contacting them, i don't want to come off as some salty person because i didn't get the item. my max bid was higher than the BIN amount- but the option to BIN was added after i placed the starting bid.

honestly just surprised you can do this after bidding has started, seems shady af.
>>
>>9018806
I'm actually surprised by that too unless the other seller was more active about getting it at a certain price point

I didn't think you can add a BIN after a bid has been placed
>>
>>9018357
You're so dumb. lurk more and stop having these polite anons spoon feed you. go to fb for that shit
>>
>>9018364
>>9018371
This is so neat! While on the topic of manners and hosting meets, If anyone is interested I could post some pics from an old cook book of mine, it goes into the details of hosting the perfect dinner party
>>
I haven't listened to Nana Kitade in a long time so I decided to have a look for her music online.

Does anyone remember the video of her in front of a carousel? I can't seem to find it and can't for the life of me remember the name of the song
>>
>>9018806
You can't edit a listing to add a BIN after bidding has started on an item. There's literally no option to do so. You're confused about some aspect of this situation.
>>
what's the story behind the most sentimental lolita item you own? excluding your first brand purchase/dress.

i recently talked about this with some friends and it made me realize how many incredible friendships i've made through the fashion.
>>
>>9018907
my AP romantic serenade OP, wore it on my first date with my current bf
>>
>>9018844
Yes please!
>>
>>9018907
I know people are sick to death of it, but honestly my Holy Lantern jsk.
I've loved that since it first came out but I'm a huge poorfag (even worse back then) and I have to save up forever before buying brand.
Seeing it it selling for so much second-hand was heartbreaking. For years I resigned myself to never being able to own it.
>ta-da! MTO release!

Also
>first brand dress is tacky and hard to coord
>still can't get rid of it because sentimental value
>>
>>9018907
Probably sleeping garden. I thought I'd never own it because it used to sell for a lot. I had a jar on my desk labelled 'sleeping garden fund' for ages. Then one day I saw it come up for a surprisingly affordable rate (god bless how weak the AUD was against GBP that summer) and now it's in my wardrobe awaiting my PhD graduation day- however many years that takes...
>>
>>9018907
Back in 2012 I bought AP's Fairy Princess set (2007 release, I think) from someone who had just absolutely loved it, but needed to sell it to make her rent. It'd had a bad incident with some dust and was gray instead of white, and restoring it to its white color again was a huge experience. Learned lots about problem laundry.
>>
>>9018907
My first Victorian Maiden piece was the most emotional. I had lost about 70lbs and it actually fit. I started getting misty eyed when I tried it on!

I had been a plus size lolita for quite a while and the feeling of buying pieces because you genuinely like them, not because "oh this is fully shirred, it'll probably fit, I guess I can put it on my wishlist...." is such a nice feeling!
>>
>>9018907
My Vampire Requiem skirt. First Lolita print that I saw and liked. Right after I eventually ordered my first piece, a Vampire Forest jsk, I found out that VR was gettign re-released. So a friend, who had goten into Lolita at the same time as we (we kind of fell together) pulled an all-nighter to stay up for the release, so that we didn't miss it. My friend managed to get her skirt first, and I almost didn't get one, teh site wouldn't let me add one to my basket. But then I managed to get one, in my preferred colour of black. I had to be at work a few hours later, but I had no regrets, even though I fell ill with a nasty lurgy by the end of the day. I've largely gone off prints now, but I will never give up my VR. Thanks to this friend, I made friends with her local comm. Good times.
>>
File: image.jpg (218KB, 620x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218KB, 620x900px
>>9018907
The coat my dad bought me.
>pic semi related, same shop but one of their old solid black coats with a matching faux fur lined hooded cape.
It meant so much on several levels.
>acceptance of step kid
>acceptance of step kid's weird hobby
>acceptance of step kid becoming a responsible young adult who no longer needs to be gifted with necessities.
>actually understands enough about what I do and don't like in this fashion to get something I'll really enjoy.

It's been years and it's still my favorite lolita coat. Good thing too, because I don't think I could sell it.
>>
>>9018474
>don't find a problem with a bead bracelet
>FAT
Faggot
>>
>>9018907
I bought my first brand in BTSSB San Francisco while on a trip with friends. I had already purchased it actually, I just opted for in store pickup for the "experience".
It's not my favorite dress and it's hard to wear casually, but I still like it and don't think I could part with it because of the sentimental value. My friend also bought her first brand there and we were so hyped.
>>
>>9019173
>excluding your first brand
Sorry, I can't read, but it was a special first time to me.
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 732x548px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 732x548px
From the Plus Size Lolita sales page. What the fuck is this special snowflake smoking?
>>
File: image.jpg (346KB, 1370x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
346KB, 1370x800px
>>9019188
And her response to someone saying "Uh, I don't see any XS dresses on here"
>>
>>9018907
A bunch of my friends got the money together to buy me Juliette et Justine's Robe de Celadon for my birthday/college graduation. I wore it in the PMX fashion show in 2013 and completely fell in love with it, so when it was put up for pre-order I was pretty upset that I couldn't afford to buy it.
Them doing that really made me realize how much they valued me as a person, and my boyfriend contributing a good chunk of cash to it really helped me understand the extent to which he accepted and appreciated how I dressed. Previously I had always been really nervous about whether or not he meant it when he said he liked it because he's a pretty conventional dresser.
>>
>>9019192
What the actual fuck
>>
>>9019201
>so when it was put up for pre-order I was pretty upset that I couldn't afford to buy it

wait i'm confused, didnt all your friends buy it for you? Or did you want a second one.
>>
>>9019210
She means that she wore it a con, couldn't buy it when it came out and then later she was gifted it.
>>
>>9019210
she's saying that her friends bought it for her because she couldn't afford to buy it.
>>
>>9019210
They bought it for me on pre-order as a surprise since they knew I was super bummed about not being able to get it for myself.
The photo attached to the post is me wearing the sample in the JetJ fashion show and not the dress I now own.
>>
>>9019188
>>9019192
She's mentally ill and greedy.

Notice these types of people who whine about alterations catering to other sizes never seem to want to take their money and effort to buy the original brand themselves and get it altered for their size. No, that's too much agency to exert.
Instead, they pitch an indignant tantrum because nobody else has gone through that effort and will sell to them for cheap.

I'm so sick of lazy people acting like innocent people are the problem.
>>
>make group reservation for tea
>fairly large group
>receptionist asks for a deposit of $100

Uh...anyone have experience with this?
Should I pay up front and then advise people to pay me back a certain amount of dollars on the date or...? I'm trying to come up with appropriate wording for this.
>>
File: 168570_900.jpg (94KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
168570_900.jpg
94KB, 675x900px
>>9018294
Not sure if you're still here, but Im pretty sure most lolitas would freak if they saw that someone bought a brand dress and cut it up into plushie clothing.

However, I do have an idea to throw your friends way. Has she thought about making purses out of plushes? If she's good with sewing, it probably wouldn't be difficult to make a few cute plushes (cats, unicorns, deer, etc) with a puch/sipper in the back and a nice, sturdy carrying strap- kind of like some of the animal purses that AP has made.

She could look up different dresses and try to make animals to match the themes/colors of the dresses. If they were of good quality, it could take off.
>>
>>9018907
Mine is also Vampire Requiem but the long jsk. I remember seeing it before I even knew anything about lolita and falling in love with it.
At the time it was selling for really high prices and I resigned myself to never getting it.
One day someone on Lacemarket was selling my preferred colorway for a reasonable price. I BIN'd it and I now have my dream dress. I'll never part with it even if I quit lolita.
>>
>>9019392
never pay your own money up front. ever.
as discussed upthread, lolitas are notorious for lacking manners and for being flaky. Get money from the people going and have them pay pall it to you, then use that to pay deposit, that way if someone flakes you're not out any money
>>
>>9019429
pouch/zipper. holy hell what is spelling
>>
>>9019429
Seconding this. I know many girls who would go nuts over cute plush bags that aren't just ponies or teddy bears, like a sheep or a fawn bag. Cutting up a dress would be a very, very bad idea.
>>
>>9019429
I would kill for a fox plush bag for classic fairy tales.
>>
>>9019392
In the event thread, state the cost per person and tell them potential attendees about the up-front deposit charge and tell them you will make the reservation when enough people have paid for their tickets to cover the deposit. Then it's covered.
>>
>>9019392
Have everyone paypal you the money as a gift, then book it and give them evidence it's been paid correctly.
If they don't want to pay you unless it's in person, then they'd better hand that money to you days before the event.
>>
>>9019392
Talk to them again and explain that everyone is paying for themselves and they might waive the fee or let everyone call and prepay themselves.
>>
>>9019228

Thank you and anons who explained. I dont know why but I guess my reading comprehension went out the window.
But still thats very sweet of them and I'm happy for you anon !
>>
>>9018907
The closet I have to something like that would be my Chess Emblem JSK because it's the first time I've ever ordered new from a brand. I wanted it for months when I first saw the preview scans, and was able to survive my first AP release and snag me one in my preferred color and cut.
>>
>>9018907

I dont have any really special/sentimental dress stories. But I wanted to ask a similar question.

Does anyone ever think about the month a dress was released? Like for special occasions I consider getting a dress release, regardless of what it was. Say for a birthday month. I considered doing this the month I was married, which happened to be Cream Cookie Collection by AP.
>>
>>9019531
That's not how large group reservations work, if you ask to reserve a space or make a large(ish) group reservation, establishments require a deposit and rarely waive it no matter how the bill will be paid, in order to guarantee to hold the space.

>>9019392 find out the tipping policy as well if in the US or other tipping custom country, they often automatically add a required gratuity the bill of reservation parties over a certain number, (often anywhere from 18-25% of the bill) even if each person pays separately. You'll want to tell invitees about that in advance as well if it's a thing.
>>
>>9019454
AP have released sheep and fawn bags though, lol
>>
>>9019531
No they won't. They know people will pay for themselves but a reservation fee is to make sure that if someone bails they aren't fucked over. It is very common that you pay for a big table this way and it gets put out to the final bill in the end.
>>
File: 1446844280353.png (421KB, 628x629px) Image search: [Google]
1446844280353.png
421KB, 628x629px
I ordered something from ClosetChild, but the item appears to have sold out. Still waiting for the invoice from Paypal. Is it wise to use Tenso when your Paypal info has a different address?

Yes, I am autistic.
>>
>>9019605
If the item sold out, it's probably because you bought it, but it never hurts to email them to check and see what's up. They usually get back pretty quickly. Did you use Tenso to order from them? CC ships internationally.
>>
>>9019609
I put down my Tenso address because I'm awaiting for a parcel to be shipped from AP. I want to consolidate my items to cut down on shipping costs.
>>
>>9019574
Not quite as regularly, though. We haven't gotten an AP fawn bag in years.
>>
I'm 27. I'm too old to be super cute and have fun like this. Feels pretty awful.
>>
Is lolita like 97% female? I've personally have never seen a male one in real life before.
>>
>>9019750
>>9019774
Both of you need to lurk before you say more please. PLEASE.
>>
>>9018907
Meta Patissiere Dream JSK. It went on sale online but sold out before I could buy it. My future sister-in-law later visited Japan and went to all of the lolita stores. She bought me the exact cut and color of the print I wanted along with a head accessory and socks. I was honestly shocked for a good while and she had no idea why.

I later went to tea with her in the dress.
>>
>>9018907
Mine would have to be my second dress. It isn't anything special, but I wanted it so much and it's from the time before I was depressed and felt the magic of lolita still. Getting it and trying it on was a dream to me.
>>
>>9019750
im 27 in a month eat shit
>>
>>9019750

shut up and just wear the frilly dress your heart desires
>>
>>9019817
I love you
>>
>>9019605

Just add your Tenso address to your paypal.
>>
>>9019605
Yes it shows as sold out on the site if you check out even before you get the invoice.
It's because you bought it, chill.
>>
>>9019565

Kinda tough, lolibrary doesn't really tell you which month things were released, and it's hard to plan forward when AP doesn't give you a schedule of when things are released, either.

I've done things like buy a dress because it came out in my birthday month, and I've attempted buying new releases in red to wear for CNY. As it turns out, my birthday month's dress was kinda meh, and I didn't get any of the releases in red (yeah, I know, I was probably up against every Chinese lolita everywhere, fat chance I could have gotten anything in red in those two months before CNY). Birthday month's dress was Whip Factory, which even said Happy Birthday on the cake. I just don't like it very much, though.

So, yeah, so much for looking at dresses by the months they were released in.
>>
>>9018907
The items I got from my Lolitadesu lucky pack! My family loves giving gift cards, usually for Amazon, and I asked my mother to tell them that I would rather get gift cards to a lolita shop for Christmas. Christmas morning, I was greeted with 170$ dollars towards the lucky pack my mom knew I had been saving up for. It makes me so happy to know that my extended family doesn't mind my weirdness.
>>
>>9019847
~i know~
>>
>>9018907
I'm particularly fond of my AatP Name of the Rose JSK. It was released many years ago and I bought it 2nd hand for real cheap, but it's the dress that I wear most often and I feel like I can coord it in lots of different ways.
>>
>>9016022
Have you got any proof please ?
>>
File: chokelate.png (27KB, 642x306px) Image search: [Google]
chokelate.png
27KB, 642x306px
This just popped up on my dash. I've been out of the loop for years and didn't even realize I was still following Chokelate but I'm nosy af so this piqued my interest. What happened to her in Germany?
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.