[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brolita Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 13

File: brolita.gif (899KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
brolita.gif
899KB, 320x180px
I didn't see a brolita thread, so I decided to make one. I don't even know where the hell to start. Where does a brolita buy clothes that fit them right?
>>
>>9011601
Like any other lolita would. AP, Baby, Meta, IW, etc.
>>
>>9011601
>Where does a brolita buy clothes that fit them right?
take your measurements and check them against brand measurements. see if you will fit. if not, look into indie brands that offer either a wider range of sizes, or custom sizes.

additionally, there is no issue a man has fitting into brand that a woman does not also have. rather than research clothes that fit men, target your specific issues: flat chest, tallness, wideness, etc. there are flat, tall, and large lolitas that are also female, and you will find many resources that way.
>>
Toabao brands and bodyline have larger sizes that you could try first without buying the more expensive brand. You could try replicas, too, but I personally don't like the thought of replica.
>>
One thing that brolitas often miss is that they have to be careful about shoulder width and arm length. Not all blouses on Taobao list measurements for them, so keep an eye out for that.
>>
>>9012303

This. I thought buying L size blouses would be horrifying because the bust measurement was 20cm+ larger than
me but it's not the case at all. Sleeve length and shoulders are the real problem and you need to be as close to the measurement as you can.

Also if you're creative usually you can buy large then modify your outfit like the straps on a JSK.
>>
File: tumblr_lsah2naXUj1qkgthwo2_400.jpg (91KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lsah2naXUj1qkgthwo2_400.jpg
91KB, 300x400px
What are some good Taobao shops that would have some similar designs to this Mary Magdalene one piece? I want to be all about the classic. Another dumb question I have is generally how do you get on one pieces such as that one?

I have a brand JSK but I'm too scared to try it on for now and I might be completely sized out (Too big of shoulders) of it and most brand. If so I'm planning to stick to indie & TaoBao.
>>
>>9015442
There aren't very many hard classic brands on Taobao as far as I can tell, most of Taobao classic stuff is more reminiscent of Baby's style of classic than MM's. Akane & Alois has some nice VM-esque stuff though.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you shoulder, bust, weight, and height measurements? With JSKs and OPs with elasticized parts, brand pieces are actually a lot more forgiving than you think.
>>
>>9015466
OP here, my measurements are:
bust:96 cm
waist:88 cm
shoulders:48 cm
height: 182 cm
shoes: 24 cm long
What are some quick good places to look into.
>>
>>9015442
Miss Point have a couple of things that are similar. MM design replicas used to be everywhere but most shops don't do them now (I think F+F still has some though) and stuff that's just similar in style isn't that popular.
>>
>>9016139
Are you sure you measured right? You're 6' tall but your feet are only a UK 5 (US 7)? That's on the smallish end of average for a 5'3" woman and most men's shoes aren't even sold in that size.
>>
>>9015466

Just out of curisoity what would be the key difference between Btssb's style of classic than MM? The Btssb JSK I own is their 2013 lucky pack in black - I want to dress more mature so I want to go for more darker colors and gothic elements so it's a low-pri item right now.

I'm not too sure about my measurements for my shoulders, but my measurements are 38-30-30, and I'm 5'7". I kind of crossdress already so I'm familiar with body shapers and corsets helping to trim things down.
>>
>>9016237

>>9016243 here again. Oh that's a shame! And thank you for the store suggestion. Dumb question but which look exactly is in style right now? I wanted to wear Lolita in 2013 so that's my reference point at the moment.
>>
>>9016238
My feet are a size 12 US Mens. What size do you think that translates to, because i used measuring tape and I got 25 cm long feet.
>>
>>9016246
According to Google that's a Japanese size 31, so you're fucked for getting Japanese shoes anyway because even Bodyline doesn't go that big. You're definitely not a 24JP, I'm a US 7 womens and wear 24JP. Also 25cm long feet would probably need 25.5cm shoes even if you were measuring right.

>>9016243
Go to lolibrary or Google images and look. You'll soon pick it up through exposure. BtSSB are also more of a sweet brand than classic one (Alice and the Pirates is the BtSSB spinoff for classic/gothic), so even their more classic pieces are on the sweeter end and tend to feature things like underbust cuts and chiffon have a more loose, cutesy aesthetic. MM take more influence from historical styles and have cleaner lines. BtSSB's classic aesthetic definitely mixes up the historical elements into a new style for classical street fashion, an aesthetic mishmash with a cute young lady vibe, whereas MM's classic stuff often has an Edwardian governess sort of vibe.
>>
>>9016246
>>9016260

No worries, familia, try getting a pair of customized shoes from Antaina.
>>
>>9016246
My feet are 24.8cm and I wear a US 6 in mens/ 8-8.5 in womens. You are definitely measuring incorrectly. Try marking the length on paper and measuring that, but make sure you put weight on your foot/ splay it when you do the marks.
>>
>>9012303
This is one of the reasons I never buy long sleeved blouses from Japanese stores because most hit shorter than I want them to.
>>
>>9016260

Bodyline do size 25. I bought some in their shop last month.
>>
Size 12 US mens is going to have a really hard time finding cute shoes, I think only antaina goes up that high in JP sizes.
>>
Looking through the catalog for custom sized blouses; recommendations?
>>
>>9017292
To add, I have decently wide shoulders, and I'm mainly looking for a simple white blouse.
>>
>>9017299
>decently wide shoulders

means how wide?
>>
>>9017307
48 cm
>>
>>9017299
>>9017292

Alice and the Pirates' men's blouses are apparently pretty good, provided that you're within their bust/waist measurements. Otherwise:
http://gorgeouspluslolita.tumblr.com/post/41738471060/taobao-lolita-shops-that-offer-custom-sizing
>>
>>9017330
Same. I'm satisfied with AaTP blouses. Though the men's blouses are a bit too big for me. :(

I'm also starting become more acquainted with Meta's blouses.
>>
File: 8854621839573334.jpg (566KB, 1009x1500px) Image search: [Google]
8854621839573334.jpg
566KB, 1009x1500px
Ok, so I'm not sure if I should post this in the coord help thread or not, so I guess I'll leave it here just to be safe.

I'm in the early stages of building my first coord and a fellow brolita helps me out (occasionally). He keeps saying that my silhouette just ain't right and that I should make it more like an A-shape. So recently I tried out a few ways to combine my pettis:#1 is a couple of old Bodyline pettis+a standard Classical Puppets; #2 is the same but without flimsy Bodyline stuff, #3 is two Classical Puppets (standard over a bell-shaped if I recall correctly). Do any of these look right? #3 has a lot of poof, sure, but it's kinda weird-looking around the waist. I could pull it down but then it'd peek out from underneath the hem.
And none of these are a proper A-shape, right? I must be blind or retarded or something but I just can't get it correctly.

By the way, I'd love some coord advice in general. This dress is generally kinda weird (even though it's burando, believe it or not), with the bright ribbons and polka dots over a shade of blue I've never seen before on a lolita dress.

I also have a long-sleeved blouse but my friend told me that if I wear it it breaks the balance between the top and bottom part of the figure because of all the white. I thought maybe some sort of (gold-coloured) accessory would help draw focus to the blouse?
Not too happy with the wig either, as it makes the head, neck and shoulders one big visual blob.
And what should I get for a headdress? Totally lost with this one.
>>
>>9017916
I hate to say this, but blue and gold on that dress looks ita as fuck.
>>
>>9017916

I think the shape in 2 is fins and 3.1 look nice.

Toss the bright blue of the lace up part and the cuffs out. Replace it with the blue of the dress or maybe...maybe the gold.

Bring the blue of the dress up to the top with a matching ribbon tie or a bow made of the dress fabric. Your shoes also need a decoration. Maybe some deep gold clip on moon and star or just stars.

Wig needs a little more curl at the ends. Nothing drastic but something that keeps it from looking unstyled and shapeless or maybe it has those slight curls and it just needs a combing.

This is just to do a basic good coord.
You'll need a nice purse and something for your head to punch it up to something more than basic.
>>
File: Joes Coord.jpg (509KB, 789x851px) Image search: [Google]
Joes Coord.jpg
509KB, 789x851px
I am not a brolita, but I have been tasked with putting together a simple coord for a pretty male friend of mine who wanted to accompany me to a meetup. I've chosen a longer OP since he's taller, and I'm hoping the ruffle at the chest will give him a little shape.

Any tips for helping him look his best?
>>
>>9021192
He needs a pair of OTKs or tights preferably black.
>>
>>9017916

girl here, not a brolita, if that makes a diff. Just here to give my 2cents since you request coord help.

Petticoat combo no. 3 works. You can try rolling the waistband instead of pulling the whole petti down, see if that works better, you can use safety pins or a belt to keep it in place if it works. 2 looks like it'd be okay for low-poof coords, if you're going somewhere crowded you could use that instead as full poof can be difficult to manouver in cramped places. For A-lines, most girls go for Malco Modes petticoats, although you'll have to ask around which model they'd recommend. No. 1 just sucks.

The front of the jsk cuts across your chest in an awkward area, if you were a girl it would seem the jsk neckline is going right over the peaks of your boobs, yikes. Might be a good idea to raise the straps by one or two inches to avoid that area. If you really need the dress to be that low (so the skirt covers your legs), try to cover up how low the neckline is: add a jabot if you can fit it over the chest lacing (or rework the chest lacing to go down isntead of up), cover up with a bolero, brooches, a shawl, etc.

Continuing on in the vein of unsolicited advice, on my monitor the chest lacing seems a lot brighter than the ribbon on the skirt ruffles. You can improve the dress (just a bit) by replacing the chest lacing with a thinner, darker navy blue ribbon instead, so it's not so bright. Keep the original lacing safely someplace, if you sell the dress on you can tell your buyer you still have the original ribbon and nothing's missing. You can buy grosgrain ribbon or petersham from a craft store or haberdashery, avoid shiny satin ribbons. Seal the edges with a little nail polish (or burn them, if you have steady hands). However, your wristcuff will no longer match, but I hate them anyway, so.

(1/2)
>>
>>9021200

(2/2)

For hair, look for a simple ribbon hairband, barette or some sort of hairbow the same colour as the ribbons on your dress. You should be able to find some in mainstream stores, otherwise taobao, aliexpress, ebay, etsy should have a few. You don't need anything too fancy, but big enough that people can spot your bow in pictures. You probably also want to pick up a bracelet with star charms in lieu of wristcuffs as well. Make sure the gold matches the dress trim. You can also try to find some small gold star clips/brooches, but the nicer ones aren't easy to find (avoid the dokidoki-style ones, too much for this dress)

The wig mostly looks messy and shiny. Might be worth popping into the wig or help thread and ask about how to make it less shiny. Comb it, smooth it out after you put it on, at the moment every picture looks like terrible bedhead, not appropriate for even leaving the house in, let alone in lolita. You could try a different wig if you prefer, but I don't think there's anything wrong with the style (just the mess).

As for whether the wig actually suits you, if you don't want to show your face on 4chan, look up what hairstyles suit what face shape you have, and make sure the wig matches that. It probably just needs some side pieces to soften a masculine jawline, if you have typical manface.

I agree with your friend, long sleeved blouse would be too much white. You might want to get navy shoes and patterned socks if you really want to wear a white long sleeved blouse with this.

Altogether, not too bad for a first coord, actually.
>>
>>9021198
>black
Hard veto on plain/single color black otks/tights.
>>
>>9021192
Scrap this entire shit mess and start over.

The neckline may add volume to the bust, but it also adds volume and draws attention to the shoulders, which is not a good thing unless your friend has uncharacteristically narrow shoulders for a guy. Long gloves look cheap and trashy, and you can conceal the shape of his arms much better with long sleeves under a JSK. The hair accessory is too plain for the OP you chose and the shoes are inappropriate for lolita.
>>
File: bender I'm so embarassed.jpg (13KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
bender I'm so embarassed.jpg
13KB, 267x200px
>>9021217
Starting over isn't really an option at this point. I'm working with what I've got on hand, unfortunately.

Thank you for the input though, I'll keep that all in mind if he enjoys himself and wants to attend more meetups.
>>
>>9021227
Anon. Why bother asking for help if you're not willing to improve it before he wears it?
Did you just want asspats for making a coord for your totes kawaii friend?
Do want him to look like shit?
Just go.
--->Tumblr
>>
So I see most people into brolita are quite skinny, does anyone else here lift weights and if so, how do you balance lift'an and lace'an?
>>
>>9021230
Ease up on that salt there friend.
>>
File: 13.jpg (32KB, 226x215px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
32KB, 226x215px
>>9021230
Sorry, I guess I should have specified that I was looking moreso for tweaks to the coord. I really do appreciate your feedback though. I'll freely admit that I'm not the most experienced lolita, so mistakes are sort of inevitable.
>>
>>9021227
Sorry, I have to agree with >>9021230 even though it's really harsh. The coord will make him look trashy and will be very ita for a specifically lolita coord. Without knowing what your friend looks like, I don't think it would even look great on anyone.

Long sleeves will help instead of those costume gloves but if his arms are somewhat feminine just give him wristcuffs or bracelets. Choose a better headpiece. The shoes aren't very cute and might be too shiny. This is like borderline drag queen outfit.
>>
>>9021227
>>9021192

So I realise you said you can't change this, but for everyone else pondering the chest issue.

Your better options are:

- Get IW dresses. Most of their jsks are flat tubes anyway so it hardly matters, plus the long lengths are good for taller dudes.

- Get dresses with CHEST decorations, ie- giant chest bows, chest jabots, switching chest dresses, and so on.

Lolita's fairly easy for flat-chested dudes anyway, so many dresses are cut with max B-cup boobs in mind. The height issue is a bigger problem.
>>
>>9021358
The problem I find with regular Innocent World bodices is that a lot of their necklines are cut pretty high and their bodices are already so long that adjusting the straps to lower the neckline makes the torso look disproportionately long.
>>
>>9021088
>>9021150
>>9021200
>>9021201

Wow, so glad to see a lot of good advice! I have to agree, the chest lacing is ugly. It's not photoshopped or anything; it's literally that bright and saturated. I'll definitely look into replacing it. I was going to get rid of wristcuff bows anyway because they're actually a different colour irl (more teal rather than blue).

I can easily adjust the straps but raising the dress higher would indeed mess up the leg/rest of the body balance even further. Covering the top with something sounds like a good idea, as well as adding a ribbon tie. I'm somewhat worried about a white bolero over a white blouse, would that look okay? Because finding a matching blue bolero would be next to impossible (this is not your usual blue, more like washed out blue/grey in certain lighting conditions); a golden one would just look gaudy (I think) and adding another colour like red here would make things even more complicated and out of hand.

Fixing the wig doesn't seem overly complicated, I'll get right on it. Showing my face here is not a problem; it's just that I don't have any makeup yet and my eyebrows are almost at Leonid Brezhnev levels of crazy. I figured buying makeup and trimming them brows would be pointless without making a decent coord first.

Again, thanks a lot for the help! Hopefully, next time I post I'll have most of glaring issues with my coord fixed.
>>
>>9021611

You can try for a navy bolero instead, the usual navy that's trending now should be close enough to the ribbon on the skirt ruffles.

Alternatively, you can look for a white underskirt (and raise the dress). If you just need one or two inches, it won't look weird. Most people only dislike underskirts when the entire bottom half of the outfit is just the underskirt. One or two inches is okay.

Glad to see you find the comments useful.

>>9021572

The shopgirls don't exactly wear the necklines really low either. But if you think higher necklines don't suit you/your friend, you can aim for the underbust cuts, a handful of them come in long versions.
>>
>>9021669
I'm not >>9021192. Higher necklines, especially square ones draw attention to the broadness of the shoulders, so it's not really a good option either way. I agree on the underbust cuts though.
>>
I have a chronic problem. A lot of lolitas think I'm gay.

>a lolita has asked whether if I was gay when I showed my lolita closet
>a lolita has asked if I was interested in boys or girls
>a lolita has asked if I go to a gay bar wearing lolita

I've had enough of this and I don't want to make my sexuality or my gender identity be public rn. The absence of a SO has stirred drama about me in the Comm(s). I've remained single in order to focus on my career (it's demanding) and most women I meet are from my Comm so I'm building friendships instead of a romantic relationship.
>>
>>9024670
I don't understand how people thinking you're gay is a problem if you have no intent on dating/sleeping with anyone. Also can't you just say that you'd rather keep your private life private?
>>
>>9024670
How is this even a problem. What the fuck.
>>
>>9017916
The shape of the dress looks good. The dress itself, however, is ugly as fuck.
>>
>>9024670
>man wearing dresses
>people think he might be gay
what an unexpected turn of events
>>
>>9017916
Just a thought- I think a long sleeve blouse or a 3/4 sleeve might help soften the look of your arms. Currently they're sticking out to me as they're much more toned/sharp than a girl's arms and it shows.
I know that's not really what you were asking for advice with, but it is something i immediately noticed upon looking at the pictures.
also, i'm a fan of shape 3.2, but obviously the peeking petti is an issue, so probably go with 3.1.
>>
Dont you die on me yet!
>>
Saw him at a tea party on Sunday
>>
File: tumblr_o7ynqlxCpi1s5wflyo1_1280.png (2MB, 600x1350px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7ynqlxCpi1s5wflyo1_1280.png
2MB, 600x1350px
>>9032611
Who?

Also another brolita, I loved his coord. He used a hoop skirt for the dress. Anyone know the ID of the VM dress he wore?
>>
Reviving this thread.

What were your first experience(s) going to a meetup with your Lolita Comm?
>>
>>9032623
No idea, just saw him at the AN tea party and then on insta.
>>
>>9024686
>>9024944
not him, but it becomes a problem when they bring it into life outside of meetups. male homosexuality has a huge stigma outside of weeby fujoshi circles, and the type of women who freely intrude on private matters like sexuality generally have no qualms sperging out about it in public.
>>
>>9034990
The stigma of homosexuality is not as bad in the US compared to 30 years ago. On the other hand, the stigma of guys wearing cute dresses remains. We still teach guys to always be strong and masculine and to reject feminity.

I wished there were more guys who were more open and less fearful to wear lolita. I believe there are guys out there who want to wear it, but are worried about the stigma that comes with it.
>>
>>9034906
Saw about three of them at AN all looked pretty well put together. As for the crossplayers...different story.
>>
>>9035022
>I believe there are guys out there who want to wear it, but are worried about the stigma that comes with it.

This. Just look at the different occaisons (halloween, carneval, fasching). There are lots of guys that do dress up, even if it is just for a joke, and having lot of fun doing so. If it wasn't for the "frilly stuff and dresses are a no-go for men", I guess there would be a lot more guys that would these stuff out.
>>
>>9035071
Any idea what the other two were wearing?
>>
>>9035190
The one above was with another person in what I think was IW. The third one I saw was wearing Moitie.
>>
>>9032623
oh my god he looks so good, goals for sure
>>
>>9035022
>The stigma of homosexuality is not as bad in the US compared to 30 years ago
sure, but it still fucking sucks for most guys in most places, to varying degrees.
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 480x640px
>>9011601

I was in the last thread and one kind anon recommended Rin Rin type makeup. I tried but I it was way above my skill level so I tried toning it down for a more natural gothic look (well, as natural as gothic can be. You get what I mean.)

I was wondering if this looks okay. I'm wearing a scarf because the con I'll go to is always really cold (and it can hide my jaw if needed) but I'm really worried about my bangs. My hair was rebonded so I have constant natural bangs (because hair is perm straight) but the black of the wig is a big different than the black for my bangs. Is it too noticeable? Can I do anything about it? I've taken to blending the wig hair in among my own but the colour can still look off. Maybe I worry too much Iunno.

>false lashes are my eternal enemy
>>
>>9036242
I don't know much about make-up, or wigs, or many things of this nature. But from a purely observational standpoint the wig looks fine, I can't even see your actual hair in that light.
>>
File: 1431688521490.jpg (403KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1431688521490.jpg
403KB, 1440x810px
How practical is it for a 5'11" dude with US size 12 feet and not a massive amount of money to get into brolita? I'm not a conventions guy, but I do love the aesthetic, and would absolutely start a visual kei band if I ever had friends
>>9032611
Even getting to the tier of the dude on the left would be pretty great to me.

I've got a round face and have always wanted to do Paruru-style makeup. Kind of like an aristocrat who's in the middle of drinking herself to death.
>>
File: 1433438261441.jpg (102KB, 540x794px) Image search: [Google]
1433438261441.jpg
102KB, 540x794px
more ぱるるメイク
>>
>>9024670
You are a queer is what you are.
>>
Do any of you have Tumblrs? I'm trying to follow ones that have actual brolitas behind them instead of rabid fangirls. It'd be nice if you guys could share yours if you're comfortable.
>>
>>9024670
People are always going to be curious about a dude in a dress. I'm surprised that you are surprised. Just accept it.

But you can also politely tell them that you prefer to keep your private life to yourself too, you really don't owe them any more information than that.
>>
>>9032623
This is so good. What is his insta?
>>
>>9037526
I have only his Tumblr it's anaphrodisiacs.
>>
>>9037105

There was a list of tumblrs on the last thread. Did anyone keep it?
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.