[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Cosplay Cafe Rant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 13

So I just read that Super Cosplay Cafe isn't attending Anime St. Louis anymore and posted this long all of text to their fb page. Rather than just peacing out and saying thanks for having us they wrote a long shitty post about how they dislike LGBTQ and black cosplayers. Like in 2016 why are we still dealing with shit like this? The panels had nothing to do with them yet they got pissed enough to leave and had the audacity to call people out about it. I'm glad they're leaving, cons are negative enough without shit like this happening.
>>
>>9009924
>getying mad at 18+ panels at an anime con

what kind of puritan delusion have they been operating under?
>>
>>9009924
What?
I'm on their side. I'm fucking tired of all the goddamn special snowflakes wanting their own play pen. At least be honest and say you want segregation again.

Adult shit is fine though, I'd say keep it for later at night, but as long as there is plenty of other shit to do, who cares.
>>
>>9009935
Are you serious? It's a fucking panel. How does that even come close to segregation?
>>
What's up princess?
Why are you all so mad, they are doing exactly what you would want them to do, fucking off. Are you all just pissed you didn't get to wield your pitchforks?
>>
>>9009941
I'm mad that they felt the need to write this entire post, which they knew was going to cause a backlash. You fuckers aren't any better apparently.
>>
Post about it here for Ultimate lulz.

>>9003516
>>
>>9009948
Who cares what they said? They aren't going back to the con so you never have to see them again. How does this effect you in any capacity?

And no, I doubt they ever expected hundreds of armchair activists posting on their page. No no one would have ever seen it if mentality hadn't felt the need to publically call them out.
>>
>>9009938
>It's a fucking panel. How does that even come close to segregation?
this. panels have to be specific, you can't have every event be a free for all where anything goes. topics aren't segregation. we have topics here on this board, in the form of threads. the cosplay suggestion thread isn't discriminating against or seregating lolitas any more than the "Black cosplay help" panel will discriminate against Asians.

what kind of retard do you have to be to not understand topics?
>>
>>9009962
>seregating
*segregating
>>
>>9009928
I think the issue is that even on the first day, the amount has gone from 1-2 to almost 10 which for a non-18+ convention seems rather strange and it is unsettling since it is family friendly first of all.
>>
>>9009962
Because that'd just really shitty at a convention that wants to be all inclusive. Why not have various people on a panel to answer questions vs having a 'Gay Cosplay' or 'Black People/PoC Cosplay' panel? I mean..That seems like they are really segregating people. Any other questions should be looked for online for answers, not at a convention scene. I understand the good intent, but a convention is really not the place since the community is very sensitive to these things anyways. Fandom panels are fine, but its going back to the black people sit in the back of the bus thing by sort of hinting that anyone not PoC shouldn't attend this panel without actually having to say it.
>>
>>9009971
>Black People/PoC Cosplay
i don't know about a gay panel (a crossplay panel would be better 2bh, it would cover regular crossplay help as well as trans help), but black cosplayers do have physical issues to address when cosplaying. a dark-skinned gull mentioned recently that she alters the color schemes of the outfits of characters she cosplays to better complement her skin tone, for example. most anime and games have very fair-skinned characters, so discussing options (existing dark characters as well as the pros and cons of modifying a design to look better on you) makes sense.

it's really reaching to claim this is segregation, unless the panel was actively turning away curious non-black people.
>>
>>9009967
>I think the issue is that even on the first day, the amount has gone from 1-2 to almost 10 which for a non-18+ convention seems rather strange and it is unsettling since it is family friendly first of all.
was it like the furry con where people were prancing around in fetish gear and shitty diapers and tweeting ballsacks to the con's social media?
>>
>>9009983
Its not out of the question to say that a white girl in there, possibly interested in asking a constructive question, would be given the dirtiest of looks at the end where Q&A segments usually take place. Black Panel should be off limits. A PoC I can understand because thats more broad and can include people of other races besides just black or African [as some claim to be to feel self important even if they are 1/922839th African at this point].

A Crossplay Panel would be good though. Thats for both genders and trans people and could probably extend to non-binary and whatever tumblr crap someone claims to be.
>>
>>9009924
Princess mentality is part of the maki hinds hit squad. If you support any of these fucking retards you are the problem. Have we all forgotten how Hinds and crew, Princess mentality included tried to bully their way for free nycc claiming their diversity panel got rejected because they were black. But when they found out it was actually already one, they started attacking it because it was not run by an "approved poc"?

Fucking hell guys, how short is your memory.
>>
>>9009986
It just pushes other normie panels out of the way. Especially since a lot of 18+ panels are complete shit unless it is something like Yaoi Bingo or something hentai related. Some of them is just crinegy as fuck shipping of people in mediocre cosplays and reading fanfiction out loud. I'd rather have them replaced with something useful for everyone rather than someone saying reading fanfiction and teaching others how to do shitty body knots with ropes.
>>
>>9009992
I KNEW I RECOGNIZED THE NAME! Holy shit! There was a thread about this several months ago and I made a comment that PoC refute being put down unless they feel the need to use their 'black card' in order to get what they want because people don't want to be seen as racist even if it is merely a fair decision and had nothing to do with being black.
>>
>>9009991
>would be
speculation doesn't help. did that actually happen at this panel?

as for other types of PoC, sure, a panel that included other ethnicities could also be interesting, but dark skin and kinky hair pose different issues to an anime fan base, and questions about black skin and hair can easily fill a time slot alone. it's not unreasonable to focus on issues a specific group can have when cosplaying.
>>
>>9010000
You put your hair under a wig. Most PoC do this anyway or have tracks for weaves. There is honestly nothing very different besides having to braid it differently to put it under a cap unless you have short kinky hair which in that case it is very easy. Dark skin doesn't matter much unless you are seriously that obsessed with hating yourself that you feel the need to alter a color scheme which then doesn't fit the character anyway because its not canon. There is absolutely no reason to have a only black person panel. PoC would be better, but from the sounds of it you feel more entitled than being inclusive.
>>
>>9009992
>Fucking hell guys, how short is your memory.
the OP didn't mention anything about what lolcow was running which panel, it's about someone pulling out of a convention because they felt having panels with topics that cater to specific demographics was morally objectionable.

>>9009994
is there information about which panels were rejected in favor of these panels? assuming that this is like most anime cons where panels are submitted by attendees. it would be helpful to know what the panel design process was; if they were pushing aside family-friendly programming in favor of shitty shipping panels, that would be one thing. just going with whatever was submitted on time and met guidelines is another.
>>
>>9010000
This is why at the end of panels you ask questions and have more than one race on a panel for wigs, for costuming, etc. Its more family friendly and doesn't kick poor 11 year olds with questions who are sitting with their parents. The community honestly does try to be inclusive regardless of the 1% of people are are seriously racist about everything. PoC panels or a Crossplay panel or even a Fat Cosplay panel are all more broad and better for a convention scene.
>>
>>9010003
>There is absolutely no reason to have a only black person panel.
>There is absolutely no reason to have a only Love Live panel (excludes other idol franchises!).
>There is absolutely no reason to have a only armor-making panel (excludes cosplayers who don't make armor!).
>There is absolutely no reason to have a only hentai sub reading panel (excludes other funny subtitles that aren't dirty!).
>>
>>9010007
This is why some conventions even have eating disorder panels as well. You don't just say anorexic panel and shit like that. Most conventions have a loving your body or cosplay therapy/self esteem panels. Inclusive panels aren't bad, so why make it a bad thing except when you are making it only about one specific type of race or body type? That is shitty for the community and doesn't add anything at all to help the toxic few [meaning the 1% who could be extremely racist or homophobic because honestly most of the scene doesn't give a fuck who or what you are and what you wear] who reside in it.

>>9010014
A panel based on race vs a panel based on a specific fandom or hobby or cosplay specific work isn't the same. Keep trying. These include everyone no matter who you are whereas a black person panel is only catering to one specific type of person, a black person. Anon even said that a PoC wouldn't be appreciative because something about kinky hair is only for black people.
>>
>>9009994
are you serious? most 18+ panels happen later in the day, family programming doesn't usually run later at night. nothing's being pushed out of the way.
>>
>>9010007
how long were these panels? was there seriously just one panel happening at a time? i have been assuming that this is like most cons where there are multiple panels with specific time slots, but you make it sound like there was one panel room and nothing else to do, which would definitely be a different matter.
>>
>>9010006
also funny considering the super cosplay cafe website states that they only accept crossplay on a rare basis because it "conflicts with biblical principles" fuckin lol
>>
>>9010019
>>9010021
Then there shouldn't be a problem if they are happening at night, but from OPs post it sounds like it happened during normal hours as well.
>>
>>9010018
>These include everyone no matter who you are whereas a black person panel is only catering to one specific type of person, a black person.
a panel focused on a specific fandom IS only catering to one type of person: those specific fans. i don't go to Attack on Titan panels. specificity is best when you have limited time.

unless there was only 1 panel running at a time, and nothing else to do, and many other panels were rejected for the sake of ones that were turning people away at the door, the argument is stupid.
>>
>>9010025
That honestly sounds like a sly way to say that most crossplay looks like shit considering the type of people who try out in crossplay for maid cafes. Most girls look like girls when dressing as butlers for these and most guys honestly look like guys when dressing as maids.
>>
>>9010025
>they only accept crossplay on a rare basis because it "conflicts with biblical principles" fuckin lol
why are these people watching anime in the first place? doesn't magic and evolution and all that offend them too?

>>9010027
>from OPs post it sounds like it happened during normal hours as well.
so none of us know how many panels were happening or when they were happening, we're just engaged in uninformed speculation.

good to know, time to look up the schedule and see what was actually happening.
>>
>>9010028
There is a HUGE difference anon. A panel for a specific race is way different than a specific fandom because you aren't low key excluding races from the fandom. Whereas you are low key saying that a panel just for black people isn't for any other race.
>>
>>9010029
>That honestly sounds like a sly way to say that most crossplay looks like shit considering the type of people who try out in crossplay for maid cafes.
no, it sounds like typical Bible Belt conservatism. i have known super religious people who somehow enjoy anime despite its heathen content, and they do get buttblasted over crossplay because of their religious beliefs.

recently an anon mentioned in an embarrassing friend thread that she knew someone obsessed with yaoi who had an emotionally violent reaction against actual gay men. degeneracy is okay in anime for these people, but horrific in real life.
>>
>>9010033
okay, looked it up.

http://animestl.net/programming/2016-schedule/

>lots of panels, lots of programming, different rooms with different events
>18+ panels in the evening
>one giant inclusive LGBT panel (basically the gender-divergent equivalent to the "PoC" panel the anti-black anon was proposing)
>the black panel isn't for help, it's to "celebrate excellence in black cosplay"

so the black panel sounds like self-aggrandizing bullshit given what we know about the panelist, rather than "help" which is what the OP made it sound like. still, there are other things going on; the situations anons have been imagining, with poor little kids' questions being shot down (>>9010007) seem stupidly far-fetched when there are specific all-ages cosplay help panels on the schedule.
>>
>>9010044
the black panel sounds like utter shit
>>
>>9010007
You haven't looked at the community lately have you? The entire thing is more racist then the kkk combined at this point.
>>
What's up /pol/?!
>>
>>9010058
>The entire thing is more racist then the kkk combined at this point.
that's some strange fruit you got growing in your cosplay scene there
>>
>>9010003
The fuck? I'm pretty sure putting your hair in a wig isn't the only thing that would be taught at the panel. Though your probably not black so wouldnt know that black people do face a few different issues than others, as do asians, white people, spanish, etc. Personally I'd love to see more race panels helping different races with the different problems they each have. Or even gendered ones.
>>
>>9010035

Another anon here.

No there is no difference. Attack on Titan panel is happily open to a non-AOT fan. They're just gonna talk about stuff the attendee might have no clue about and may not be interested in. They might find out it's heavily shonen and they like shonen so they'll give it a go.

A panel about a specific race is happily open to people not of that race. They're just gonna talk about stuff the attendee might have no clue about and may not be interested in. They may find out brown people try and choose a blonde that compliments them and they too might one day want to pick a more flattering blonde for themselves.
>>
>>9010110
>Or even gendered ones.
given the number of "/fit/ here" threads we get, a panel like "big guys: cosplay for nerds with muscles" would be well-attended.

it would be cool for a convention to have an entire track of programming for specific body types/ethnicities/ages. especially age to be honest, would love a panel for "growing old" in cosplay.

but i guess that would discriminate against young people.
>>
>>9010110
Then how about an all inclusive panel? Having a fucking black people panel won't solve anything. If anything it will create for of a divide in the community. You don't need race specific panels. Race questions in panels, sure, but not a black people panel, Asian person panel. If there was even a SLIGHT white person panel you people would be up in fucking arms. I'm pretty sure I know exactly who the person defending black people in this thread is because you are saying shit without having an even slight amount of sensible thinking as usual.
>>
>>9010144
Its not same. Holy shit. You people are stupid. you're comparing a fandom to something actually real and controversial.
>>
>>9010148
>Having a fucking black people panel won't solve anything.
the ACTUAL panel looks like trash, because it is about promoting the host and her organization, which is boring and annoying.

the HYPOTHETICAL panel, addressing concerns people with dark skin have when cosplaying, did not actually occur, but actual cosplayers are saying it would be helpful, for the reasons given. if you note back in >>9010110 they do mention panels for specific white issues, before adding:

>Personally I'd love to see more race panels helping different races with the different problems they each have.

an all-inclusive panel could work, but each "race" could just as easily take up a 60 minute time slot, with discussion spilling out into the halls once the panel is over. there is actually a lot to discuss.

the biggest issue for white people is light eyes, for example. i would sit through a 2 hour panel that was literally just comparing different circle lenses on light eyes, finding the right color when they are mostly marketed to dark asian eyes is a pain.
>>
>>9010160
>finding the right color when they are mostly marketed to dark asian eyes is a pain.
*because finding the right color is a pain, that is. lenses that look one color on dark eyes can look completely different on light eyes.
>>
>>9010160
No one would spend a 2 hour panel on sitting through the looks of a circle lenses on light colored eyes. You are really reaching fora reason to make sense for a race specific panel.
>>
>>9010165
Panel ideas!
>You're Black. I'm Black. Lets talk about being Black!
>You're White? Cool! Talk about your easy going privileged in cosplay!
>Yellow Fever Got You Down? Don't worry! You're awesome no matter what you wear!
>Have I got the Hi-JOB for you! Indians discuss cosplay issues!
>>
>>9010170
If all it comes down to is discussing how to put your specific hair in a wig cap and how to do your makeup in cosplay and wearing lenses, then there is absolutely no point. If it comes down to complaining about why white girls and asians get more photos because what you are cosplaying isn't the right race for the character, there is no point because photographers will be picky no matter what and who you are. If it talks about confidence, go to a confidence panel.

There is literally nothing unique about having a panel all towards a certain race. Weight, yes. Body shape, yes. Disabilities, yes. But a fucking race specific panel for any more than maybe 15 minutes has absolutely no place in a convention.
>>
>>9010165
>No one would spend a 2 hour panel on sitting through the looks of a circle lenses on light colored eyes.
you don't know my struggle

i've spent more than a couple hours at a stretch searching for the right lenses

long enough to make a hyperbolic assertion about it
>>
>>9010170
>Have I got the Hi-JOB for you! Indians discuss cosplay issues!
what did he mean by this
>>
>>9010281
I'm pretty sure everyone has spent hours looking for the right color of contact lenses. People with light eyes have no problems, because unless the color is blending effect, it doesn't fucking matter what the base eye color is.
>>
>>9010321
Yep. Just making excuses for how people with light skin and light colored eyes have 'struggles'. Im not going to lie. Its just as hard. Especially when the outer part is so light that suddenly you change that nice blue to green. People with dark eyes, dark skin, kinky hair don't have harder struggles besides not looking like a character, but no matter who you are you won't look like the character because very few people have the right skin tone, right complexion, right height, weight. Etc. Dark skinned people deal with having non canon skin. Thats basically it. No panel is needed and it won't fix that. It certainly won't fix your self esteem.
>>
>>9009991
I ran a panel about cosplaying which covered race, genders, age and disabilities. You wouldn't believe how successful it was because we didn't make it only about race and everyone felt included
>>
>>9010362
Thats fine. Sounds great. But bringing a panel down to only focus on a race of people has no place at a convention.
>>
>>9010003
>alter the color scheme

You realize when people with darker skin alter a color scheme, they're just changing the tones? Like certain colors of blonde won't look good on them. Or a specific shade of something might be way too cool and not look so great with their skintone. It's such a common practice, how is that hating themselves? It looks better in the end, and more power to them, it shows how much they love the character. Not their fault so many characters are designed with white skin in mind.
>>
>>9009924
what was the offensive text?
>>
>>9009983
>i don't know about a gay panel (a crossplay panel would be better 2bh

Yes, agreed, because every crossplayer is GAY

That's sarcasm BTW
>>
>>9010006
>is there information about which panels were rejected in favor of these panels?

You need to check the old NYCC calendar, if it's even still up. The Diversity In Cosplay panel though had an Asian steampunker and a voice actor from Legend of Korra, along with a psychologist/author, plus two more. Maki and co. had 3-4 professional black cosplayers.

Gee, wonder which one might be more interesting and have qualified people to talk...
>>
>How does having a gay panel or a black panel effect these guys?

What a bunch of pissbabies, kek
They can't handle there being panels that don't cater to them so the bitch and throw a fit? They should go back to Tumblr or whatever if they can't function without a having safe space 24/7
>>
>>9010471
>>i don't know about a gay panel (a crossplay panel would be better 2bh
>Yes, agreed, because every crossplayer is GAY

the point is there are more crossplayers than GSMs, and i imagine non-trans GSMs don't have any particular needs to address when it comes to cosplay. just shooting ideas around.

>>9010476
>>is there information about which panels were rejected in favor of these panels?
>You need to check the old NYCC calendar, if it's even still up.
no, the question was which panels at THIS con were rejected in favor of the panels under question. people have been whining about these panels being exclusionary acts of discrimination. a look at the actual schedule (link here: >>9010044) renders a lot of the protest and speculation pointless.
>>
>>9010482
>They should go back to Tumblr or whatever if they can't function without a having safe space 24/7
their church, probably. OP also mentions that offensive language was part of why they are pulling out of the con, which i assume refers to the colorectal comedy panel.
>>
>>9010496
I swear, as much as we bitch about SJW wanting safe spaces, bigots and churches are way worst with that stuff
>>
>>9009924
Depends on how far this sort of thing will end up going. Segregation and denying people the ability to enter a space based on arbitrary factors like skin colour and sexuality is not equality no matter how you paint it. If you want a community to work you can't allow for special treatment (except in the case of disability).

The cafe isn't saying they dislike LGBT and black cosplayers. They're saying they dislike how people are bending over backwards for them in order to create segregation. There's nothing wrong with disliking that.

And if the con is mostly family-friendly and the cafe has always supported that aspect of it, there's nothing wrong with them not wanting to be associated when the con is no longer family-friendly. Being associated with adult-rated material can harm businesses.
>>
>>9009935
Same here. I though /cgl/ was against SJWs too. I guess /cgl/ is more infested with tumblerians than I thought.

>>9009938
Because it targets a certain group of people unnecessarily? How do you make a black or lgbt cosplay tips? Black or lgbt cosplayers are any different than any other cosplayers.
>>
>>9010553
>Segregation and denying people the ability to enter a space based on arbitrary factors like skin colour and sexuality is not equality no matter how you paint it.
nobody was denying anybody entrance to anything. what are you smoking?
>>
St. Louis drama in my /cgl/?
>>
>>9010553
>segregation
These panels are stupid as shit imo but they definitely do not equal segregation in the slightest. Straight people and whites aren't being escorted out of the audience for being straight/white
>>
>>9010014
>comparing being a certain race to having certain interests
Holy shit you're retarded. Are you one of those people who thinks that disliking tattoos is just like being racist? There's a huge difference between discrimination based on something a person was born as vs. discrimination based on something they chose to do or like.
>>
>>9010672
Yeah, think again.
>>
>>9010692
>There's a huge difference between discrimination based on something a person was born as vs. discrimination based on something they chose to do or like.
no shit.

there is no discrimination happening, because no one is being forbidden from attending these panels that are focused on a specific interest.

>>9010743
tighten your tinfoil hat, they can hear you.
>>
File: image.gif (4MB, 344x203px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
4MB, 344x203px
Surprise, surprise Super Cosplay Cafe is run by a bunch of bible fucking babies which is the main reason they made this long winded post about not attending this con anymore.

Why do Christians even go to cons if they're going to complain? These people knew what they were getting into. This is obviously not their first con or first time at this specific con.

They're the kind of Christians that love modesty but think Islam is the second coming of Satan. I think the only reason they added the part of black cosplayers is to add fuel to the fire that is now burning their reputation to ashes.
>>
>>9010568
That's why the poster said "depends on how far this sort of thing will end up going".
>>
>>9010758
A black panel, no matter if they are escorting people out or not, is not an okay thing. How is this so hard to understand? I'm black and even I find this to be a horrible idea. Just have an overall cosplay how-to panel or something. We don't need a black centric panel. Its trashy.
>>
>>9010562
> I guess /cgl/ is more infested with tumblerians

Bruh, tell me again how you're no better than a SJW? You're complaing about optional panels that dont cater to you existing. There's nothing stoping you from attending one of these panels or ignoring them completely.

The whole thing about segregation is that you have no choice in participating.

>Stop staring into the void
>>
>>9010781
>Pulling the race card on 4chan
Really? I'm black too and find them a great thing :^)
>>
>>9010562
They aren't. Thats the thing. Saying you need tips for putting kinky hair under a wig cap or wearing lenses on dark eyes is honestly nothing different from millions of other cosplayers of any race. You look it up online or go to a contact lenses panel or a wig working panel and ask these questions. Absolutely nothing special about LGBT or black cosplayers. They have specific panels to cater to someone's needs and interests like LGBT could go to a crossplay panel that was mentioned earlier to learn how to bind or enhance a fake chest. Even cover topics like how to use makeup to give either a feminine or masculine look.

There is absolutely no reason to have a black panel. I will admit that I find a LGBT panel more vague than a black panel though. At least then you have boys and girls and the inbetweens, not just the race or someone. Sexuality is a broad spectrum whereas you honestly sound like you are leaving people out. While a LBGT panel might 'leave out straight people', it doesn't discriminate about whole fucking races which is a whole other matter entirely in and out of the cosplay community and much more of a tougher topic and one that doesn't have enough to cover an hour or even 15 minutes.
>>
>>9010788
How black people act in a nutshell:
>don't look down on me because im black
>im not getting what i want
>use black card
>make person feel bad by insinuating they are racist to get what i want even if they are in the right
>profit

Fuck off.
>>
>>9010781
But i mean... If they're welcoming of all people to watch the panel, does it really matter?

Like, if you don't wanna see it/be involved in it, don't go to the panel, simple as that.
There are lots of mediocre ideas for cosplay panels, this one is just causing drama because people are pulling the race card. At the end of the day, if they wanna run it, let them. Some people might find it interesting or think it's a good idea- And for people who don't, they aren't obligated to go see it.

You're all acting like they're forcing you to go watch the panel or something lol
>>
>>9009924
>Like in 2016 why are we still dealing with shit like this?

CURRENT YEAR CURRENT YEAR CURRENT YEAR

But yeah you're right actually, why are we still dealing with shit like this? You have the same rights as everyone else now (actually in the case of black people, for a looooong time). Time to sit down because you're no longer special.
>>
>>9010797
>How white people act in a nutshell:
>>don't look down on me because im white
>>im not getting what i want
>>use Irish card
>>make person feel bad by insinuating they are racist to get what i want even if they are in the right
>>profit
>>
>>9010799
>You're all acting like they're forcing you to go watch the panel or something lol
i can personally confirm that everyone in this thread was at this convention, and we were all heckled and boo'ed out of the panel rooms. there was nothing else to do during the convention, and we had to sit in the halls with signs around our necks that said "WHITE HET SCUM" until the discriminators deemed we were allowed to have fun again.
>>
File: dPEIk.jpg (16KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
dPEIk.jpg
16KB, 640x480px
>>9010808
>top kek

seriously though people are making such a big deal out of this

what about that nasty ass yuri/yaoi panel that was posted a few weeks ago? if you wanna complain about something then complain about panels that allow half naked weebs to rub all over eachother in front of an audience
>>
>>9009924
>LGBTQIA
>QIA

Not a thing, fuck off
>>
>>9010825
wtf is the "i"?
>>
>>9010838
intersex
>>
>>9010838
Futanari. Less than a percent of a percent of a percent of the population is intersex, so it shouldn't be there.
>>
>>9010806
go hang yourself Mentality, tired of your coon ass being the anchor that holds educated black people back because you have no real skills except compain about how your life is so hard,
>>
>>9010806
>Irish card

what the fuck am I reading
>>
Just got in here. All I can fucking think about is what if we have some fucking Ferguson shit go down over ASTL. Fucking riots in cosplay and shit.
>>
>>9010874
>Tfw your glorious aryan race will never accept filthy jew blood

So sorry that your jew nose prevents you from being taking seriously. Maybe instead of being a faggot online you'll get a nose job done kek
>>
>>9010990
Trying to hard to pretend to be white.
>>
>>9009971
Pssssssssssst, did you know that attendees submit panels and that programming staff itself usually isn't responsible for coming up with the actual panel titles? Are you so in the dark that you think that staffers sit in a circle, coming up with what panels they want to see, then tap attendees with their magic wands to get someone to run them?

Clearly some attendees submitted a black cosplayer tips panel and it got accepted. The end. If you don't see a "generic cosplayer tips" equivelant, it probably means either nobody submitted one or someone did a bad job and got rejected. It would be stupid to tell someone that you aren't allowed to have a focused-topic panel unless someone else runs a general-topic panel... that's like saying you aren't allowed to have a cosplay makeup panel because that sort of stuff could be answered under a cosplay 101 event, even though nobody submitted that topic so the panel doesn't actually exist. You guys are reaching really hard to stir the waters here.
>>
>>9010797
#notallblackpeople
>>
>>9009924
You racist, did you know black people were oppressed in cosplay community since xv century?
>>
>>9010781
Thank you! It's why we also just need to get rid of Black History month! We don't care. The same with any other special week, month, day, whatever for any other ethnicity, and even gender.

We should just be teaching general history in classes, instead of creating specialized courses dedicated to the historical achievements of a specific ethnicity or gender. Women's Studies, Chinese History, Black History is all okay, but when you want White History, it's suddenly racist. It's the same with Blackface, people instantly jump on cosplayers who cosplay outside their race and darken their skin with make-up, when they aren't doing Blackface/Yellowface/etc, which was making fun of Blacks, Asians, and so on. Tired of everything being so PC, and treating everyone so special, instead of trying to create a proper society is just enabling all these self-entitled babies!
>>
>>9010784
>The whole thing about segregation is that you have no choice in participating.
So what do you think the point of black or lgbt panels are? They are trying to separate people. Its the closest thing they can get to without segregation.
>>
>>9011226
why are you so scared of a black-centric panel?
nobody is saying you can't go to it or that 'whites aren't welcome', it's legit just a panel that happens to focus on black cosplayers. I'm assuming they'll probably talk about cosplay tips, history of black cosplay, issues faced in the community and stuff? like...it's not hurting anyone
>>
>>9011163
Schools teach black history because they barely teach about black people any other time of the year. If they actually did that sure then it'd be stupid to have a month for it, but until you actually preach the "equality" you're crying about, sorry, there's got to be a month to remind people to stop talking about dead white dudes.

White history month isn't racist, it's just stupid because 90% of the curriculum is about white people. Think about if a cosplay magazine had a "female cosplayers only " feature. It's not bigoted, but it sure does sound stupid.
>>
File: 1375136932674.jpg (98KB, 441x705px) Image search: [Google]
1375136932674.jpg
98KB, 441x705px
>>9010806
>Irish card
>"ethnicism doesn't exist because SHUT THE FUCK UP WHITE SCUM"
>>
>>9011226
"Separating" people is offering them a panel about a specific topic? That is the fucking case for any panel. It's not like this is fucking Black Panthers Cosplay meet. Are you afraid they're meeting up in secret to conspire against ol whitey?

If you care so much about separating people by race, why aren't you bitching that Walmart has a special section for "ethnic" hair? Isn't that separating? Dumbass. A black cosplay panel is fucking world's apart from "blacks and whites need to be kept apart from each other."

You all are so dedicated to muh colorblindness that you probably look around the room in fear when you mutter the word "black."
>>
>>9011277
It's really funny to me that America seems to only teach about black history during black history month when in my country, the only american history we learnt was about slavery.
>>
>>9011288
It was an sarcastic response to the other person bringing up the race card, you fuckwit.
>>
>>9009924
>long shitty post about how they dislike LGBTQ and black cosplayers

Wow, you sure read that post creatively.
>>
>they wrote a long shitty post about how they dislike LGBTQ and black cosplayers
Tumblr brand reading comprehension at play here, I see
>>
>>9010058
Ahh, this explains why the number of people commissioning flammable cross props from me has skyrocketed this year.
>>
>>9010845
No. 1 in 2,000 people are born with intersex conditions, and no, not all of them are hermaphroditic. Check your facts before saying dumb shit.
>>
>>9011653
>not all of them are hermaphroditic.
in fact, there has never been a true hermaphrodite in human history. the way gonads and genitals develop, you get, at the most extreme, organs that are "in-between," not "both."

futa will not exist until science creates them.
>>
>>9011653
Seriously, there's more than just male, female, and hermaphrodites for human sexes.
>>
>>9011660
Oh yeah, I'm not implying that there are actual futas walking around haha. There have been cases of getting "close" you could say (ex. female sex organs with clits that are basically micro penises) but nothing like having a penis, balls, and a vagina. Doesn't work like that. Intersex conditions are complicated as fuck though because of how many variations there are.
>sage for going wildly off topic
>>
>>9011660
Intersexed people have existed, but it's a matter of fully-functioning sexual organs, what you're describing. From what we know, due to their screwed up bio-chemistry, they have a mix of working and non-working male and female organs simultaneously.

Christiane Volling is probably the most famous, from the 70's, because they won a court case.
>>
File: americathegreat.jpg (124KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
americathegreat.jpg
124KB, 960x960px
>>9009948
its called freedom of speech.
>>
File: Za_Wallu.jpg (728KB, 2298x2447px) Image search: [Google]
Za_Wallu.jpg
728KB, 2298x2447px
>>9010761
But isn't Islam the second coming of satan? Kek
>>
File: sikhs.jpg (28KB, 400x306px) Image search: [Google]
sikhs.jpg
28KB, 400x306px
>>9010170
please don't pull indians into this.

T.indian.
>>
>>9011701
That's not what that means dumbass. Freedom of Speech only protects you from government backlash not everyone else's

This thread sure got /b/ pretty fast
>>
>>9011232
Because it implies that black people are so different and so inferior to other races that they need their own panel, which is ridiculous.

>>9011302
I do actively complain about walmart separating things by gender. Its stupid when they have "mens" body wash and "womens" body wash when its literally no different besides the scent or the name. Its stupid and adds unnecessary stigma.

If a black cosplay panel is actually open to everyone, why would they not just make it a cosplay panel? How is it ANY different by adding a stigma to it implying this black panel is so much different than a normal panel?
>>
>>9011721
they wee explaining why they were leaving and the problems they saw. i dont understand why that makes you angry as it has real effect on anyone.
>>
in this thread: whiny white people
>>
>>9011751
found the dindu
>>
>>9011609
Victim glasses and a persecution complex a mile wide are both known to cause issues with sight and reading comprehension. Don't point that out to them though: That's abelist and neurotypical.
>>
>>9011795
found the hick
>>
>>9009924
I don't understand what's wrong with erotic topics? They're a good thing! Why are americans such prudes?
>>
>>9011732
That. They really need their own panel because they are black? For fucks sake. Make a blog for it.
>>
>>9009924
Did we read the same post? I see someone who is inclusive and open to everyone, who is being hounded by people who want queer and brown folk to be treated with pity instead of camaraderie.
>>
>>9010758
Safe spaces aren't safe when there are members of the oppressive class present.
>>
>>9010027
I have the schedule right in front of me. All the 18+ panels were after 10pm. There were 6 on Friday night, 6 on Saturday night and none on Sunday.

I only went to one, but from the descriptions and having attended several in the past I'd say that only half of the 18+ panels included anything blatantly erotic. The other half being those silly late night guest panels where the only difference is that they're allowed to say "fuck". And one being 18+ because it was a horror game panel. ASTL is far from becoming an adult convention.
>>
>>9012419
this.

it's funny how most of this thread is based on speculation and preexisting bias. the cafe owners over exaggerated their case to make a point, and hardly any of us bothered to check up on the facts before tossing our opinions in.
>>
>>9012439
>4chan being 4chan

Water is wet and Trumps gonna win
>>
File: riskwascalculated.jpg (62KB, 554x390px) Image search: [Google]
riskwascalculated.jpg
62KB, 554x390px
I consider myself a fairly devout Christian, but there's no point in saying you aren't going to find crazy shit at a convention. That's a moot point.

Maybe I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about, but I think the biggest issue relating to "special interest" panels like this is how it seems to be centered around turning irrelevant hobbies into some mouthpiece for your identity. That's not what anime or cosplay or shit is supposed to be about. Obviously the communities you'd find at a convention are different from a lot of other places, but you shouldn't assume that it's meant to be some automatic "refuge" for all of your identities, regardless of the issue's weight on society.

Also this is just my theory, but the emphasis on these 18+ and diversity panels is making younger kids lean towards the whole "identity" thing to feel cool like the older people, but since they can't get into those panels they choose made-up shit like "non-binary" and otherkin instead. I saw some black kid at a con a few months ago who said she was "transracially white." Christ.
>>
>>9012489
>but the emphasis on these 18+ and diversity panels is making younger kids lean towards the whole "identity" thing to feel cool like the older people, but since they can't get into those panels they choose made-up shit like "non-binary" and otherkin instead.
toss this theory out, the otherkin stuff is an outgrowth of chuuni type thinking that is common for that age group. the young male nerd equivalent is making tulpa fuckbuddies. the diversity panels at this con, and many others, aren't age restricted; so yeah, reevaluate your explanation for this.
>>
>>9012489
>centered around turning irrelevant hobbies into some mouthpiece for your identity. That's not what anime or cosplay or shit is supposed to be about.
Hear hear. Anime or comic book or scifi/fantasy fandom is all about "I like this cool/unique thing" not "Look at me and how cool/unique I am". When you cross a certain line the panel stops being about the hobby and becomes a circlejerk for attendees.

Can you imagine a large convention giving a panel to anime otherkin?
>>
>>9012489
1. don't take the Lord's name in vain.
also, that girl might have been adopted into and raised by an all-white family--her claim possibly has some meat to it if she has no experience with one of the many cultures associated with her skintone.
I can't defend otherkin because it is sci-fi fantasy bs. gender is also bs, but in a way that it's essentially theater and not intrinsic so it really -should- be played with.
think outside your box, dude--it's making you dumb.
>>
>>9012489

I think this is happening in way too many interests. From comics, videogames, movies to cosplay.

It feels odd to me because none of these "issues" were an actual issue to my group of friends or even random people. When discussing any of these topics or participating, you were never evaluated on the basis of your sex/race/sexual preference. It was always about how much you knew or how good you were. And now suddenly you need a small fucking dictionary for all the genders and sexual orientations that apparently people are somehow being judged on and discriminated against?

Or could it be, when someone was being shat on for being an asshole or a incompetent fuck, he could not take the criticism and deflected it as an attack on his imaginary made up identity.
>>
I don't dislike the idea of a black cosplay panel, but the way they are just always seems like wankery look how special we are please support my patreon. People don't go to cons to here about hear about social justice crap

If it was more a fashion show type deal that helped give black cosplayers some recognition that would actually be quite cool and probably fun, same with a crossplay one
>>
>>9012623

Yea, but by doing a racially specific panel you imply that that race is either too inept to be good or superior to others.

Imo, as long as you are simply picking up good cosplayers and shoving them into everyones faces, you are going to find enough diversity. Why not just look at good cosplay and have fun, why does race matter so much to you fucking people.
>>
>>9009924
isn't Princes Metality part of the screencap leak yesterday? she came out quite divisive. Super Cosplay Cafe is on the right here.
>>
>>9009924
>why are there 18+ panels?
Literally grow up
>>
>>9012724
Screen cap leak?
>>
>>9012539
Learn what taking the lords name in vain is, moron.
>>
>>9012399
#28DaysOfBlack
>>
>>9012645
No, it's implying they're underrepresented so they want their own panel. YOU chose to assume that it meant they were inferior or superior. Just shows how ingrained hierarchizing races in your mind is.
>>
>>9012742
don't want to get the ban hammer.

just google maki or some shit. I couldn't finish reading all that caps.
>>
>>9011277
But isn't possible that it's a vicious cycle there? The people responsible for the various curriculums don't think it's necessary to put black history into the stuff taught the rest of the year because there's the month already set aside for it.
>>
>>9012489
Interesting idea. There are certainly people out there who regard fandom as a refuge for people to live their fantasy lives in where everyone in that fandom is meant to act like some sort of guardian. There's also the idea of progressive stack which has become intermingled amongst the same people. These people have very little actual self-confidence, which is why they've taken shelter in fantasy lands, but now this whole progressive stack thing has given them something extra and just as fake to grasp on to.

They think that being a victim or oppressed gives them something to fight against (just like the villains in their fantasies), and that in turn gives them false confidence. The identity stuff keeps getting more ridiculous and more crazy each year because more people are turning towards the fantasy. They want to stand out, be heard, and have people stroke their egos, so they keep going further down the rabbit hole.

Something really bad is going to happen at a con one day with these people. We know how much these people love to romanticise mental illness and revenge against those that wrong them (even by simply being a certain gender or race). We already saw that girl who went on a stabbing spree at her school after rambling on her tumblr about how she hated not being normal.
>>
>>9014161
Oh my god, she's fishing for sympathy and people are sucking her ass. "ooooh no im actually the bully!?!?!?"

Fuck you you god damn bitch, you've been a bully for longer then this shit. Also the majority of twats in your feed sucking your ass are just like you, a bunch of bullies. Fuck her. Other people apologize and they still tear out the persons throat, Maki "apologizes" after getting busted any everyone suddenly bows down and sucks her toes. Fuck this god damn community, I hope something happens,
>>
>>9013176

If something is underrepresented why do you organize a panel for it? To have an empty panel? I mean I'm appealed enough that you think that race matters in cosplay.

Point I'm trying to make, the more you are going to try force one race/group into the limelight, the more you are going to make a chasm between them and the rest. You wont make people equal by pointing fingers at them and telling everyone to look at them. Just don't be an ass and it will naturally happen. Its just you retarded SJWs who make a mess out of every fucking simple thing. And in most cases manage to make it even worse, then you give yourself a pat on the back how hard you tried, even if what you did resulted in a train wreck. But hey, at least the thought was there.
>>
>>9012742
enjoy

http://breethev.tumblr.com/post/144533584827/so-on-the-tip-of-cosplay-bullying-and-harassment

http://imgur.com/gallery/pXURh/new

The fact that anyone is letting them even pass with just an apology, you guys are spineless losers.
>>
>>9014255

Tbh, i gotta take jessica greenes stance here. Sure, she sounds like a fucking faggot. But its private conversations you have no fucking reason to listen in on.

She does sound like a cunt in that convo tough.
>>
>>9014192
>Something really bad is going to happen at a con one day with these people.
lol

yeah, i guess since no lonely virgin robot neckbeard has shot up a convention yet, we're moving on to being paranoid about special snowflakes with knives.
>>
>>9014276
Ah, so you are one of the "don't hold them accountable" while they attack others to the point of disturbing and interfering with their lives and jobs for doing the same thing.
>>
>>9014289

No, I'm one of those, don't stand on a high horse and judge others while you just invaded someones privacy, while using it as an excuse to shit on them.

Cut those shitty people out of your life, and go on with yours.
>>
>>9014278
Well, there were those two guys that tried to shoot up a Pokemon VGC....
>>
>>9014340

Oh and that chemical warfare attack on a furry con.
>>
How did my post about panels become a shitting fest on black cosplayers? Jesus Christ. Also regarding the screenshot mess, I didn't see anything regarding the actual cosplayer involved with super cosplay cafe. Y'all need to stay on topic here lmfao. I know there are some shitty black cosplayers but that wasn't the point of this post.
>>
We need safe spaces for the LGBTQAIWDFJUOJASNCVDHFJOQAIW"()QRYHP)Q=W community and blacks.
How about the back of the bus to be the new designated safe space?
>>
File: 1460598356804.jpg (101KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1460598356804.jpg
101KB, 600x600px
>>9014439
> How did my post post on 4chan turned into a racist shitstorm????? this isn't like my tumblr stop it guys
Really?
>>
>>9014255
Well that was disgusting. The crusader of black cosplay calling people racial slurs and threatening to beat them, great.
>>
>>9014439
BLF has nothing to do with super cosplay cafe? look at third paragraph again
>>
>>9014448
U mad Princess Mentality? You came here for an army, you got the truth instead.
>>
>>9009924
Where did they say they dislike black or LGBT cosplayers?
>>
>>9014887
this is p much cosplay version of #alllivesmatter.
>>
>>9015532
Last I heard "ashy ass Niggah coons" lives don't matter. As per princess mentality and her crew.
>>
>>9014226
People point out the fact that some races are getting the shaft because that's REALITY. Ignoring reality doesn't mean it stops existing.

Please tell me a time when ignoring a problem ever fixed it in history? Race issues hadn't been talked about in the mainstream/been taken up by highly visible organizations since the 1990s, and yet we still have inequality by race (higher poverty rates for Latinos, Blacks, and especially Native Americans). I'd hope your old enough to remember that nothing even near equivalent to BLM existed a decade ago. Obviously ignoring issues hasn't been working. Representations being fucked make people imagine black people when you say "gangsters" or white people when you say "doctors." Or that black people don't cosplay or fuck up their precious lily white characters when they do. Those problems go away by not thinking about it? Do you fix a broken pipe by pretending it doesn't exist?

Your textbook told you racism ended with the 1960s, and you drank that shit up, huh?
>>
>>9015608
So by making a strictly race centered panel will fill everything right? You can't say you want to get rid of black history month, yet want a black specific panel even if you aren't kicking out other races. Fucking hypocritical.
>>
>>9014226

>If something is underrepresented why do you organize a panel for it? To have an empty panel?

To give a chance to those left out to shine too. Why do you assume absolutely no one would be interested? Underrepresented means there are people who are interested. It will not happen naturally if you keep holding people back with bullshit excuses.
>>
>>9015611
It's fills a void.
>You can't say you want to get rid of black history month
Why? Do you hate black people studying their own history?
>>
File: clap.gif (416KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
clap.gif
416KB, 300x169px
>>9014226
>we want to be equal in the cosplay community
>we want our own race specific panel
>we want our safe spaces
>but remember, we are just like everyone else
>we are no different than other cosplayers
>despite needing safe spaces and we are black

Fucking hell. I agree so much with you, anon. I know exactly one of the girls who is posting in here and her mind set is beyond repair because she can't think logically and only sees her race and special snowflake kingdom. You can't win with these tumblr kids.
>>
>>9011732
I don't see how wanting your own space and time makes you inferior. There is absolutely no correlation between the two to me. You need to catch other's attention to get big and you're never going to do that if you are not given the opportunity to do so because there are too many white people pushing you out of the way.
>>
>>9015613
You are hypocritical. You want to be equal by getting rid of something that points you out as being different, but want to make something that clearly points you out as being different. Holy shit. Take your race card and get on the bus.
>>
>>9015615
I don't care about being equal personally I want to be better than you, gain more attention and praise, throw you into the dust to be forgotten like the trash you are.
>>
>>9015618
>You want to be equal by getting rid of something that points you out as being different
What, having less time and attention than others? Of course I want to get rid of that, that works against me so naturally I want more time and attention for myself. That serves my interests better. Duuuuuuuuuhhhhhhh.
>>
File: laughhulk.gif (237KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
laughhulk.gif
237KB, 500x280px
>>9015619
black cosplayers never will unless you are a light skinned black chick and even then you won't get as much attention.
>>
>>9015611
You're really just too stupid. It's race specific because races have specific problems in this racist world. Nothing I said was hypocritical. Your alternative is the most unanalytical garbage I've heard.
>>
>>9015619
You're gonna need to be better first.
>>
>>9015623
Spot the racist!
>>
>>9015625
I already am, fatty.
>>
>>9015624
What do you plan to talk about on this panel? Don't bring societies racial issues into a convention and have a panel talk about it. That's not what a convention panel is for. Save it for something convention related. There isn't anything different as far as cosplay is concerned with costuming or wigs when dealing with black chicks or guys. Nothing. At all. Altering a color scheme is on a by and by basis, so no reason to have that there. You know very well a panel about being black will turn into a fucking hate fest of everyone in the room just complaining about how photographers won't pay attention to them or how they aren't as seen as much as white or asian girls. It will turn into a hate panel, not a discussion. At all. Ever. Make a blog.
>>
>>9015615
Why do people equate equality with not talking about differences? Do people need to pretend differences don't exist to treat each other kindly? They aren't saying anything about being "the same" except that they deserve the same rights/respect. Calling attention to the fact they don't have it seems, to me, the perfectly logical first step.
>>
>>9015626
Not racist, pointing out the obvious in cosplay. Keep crying. Reality hurts, doesn't it? Sorry 4chan doesn't have a safe space for you to keep you from hearing reality.
>>
>>9015628
Why does that make it a hate fest to talk about how to fix shit that dampens the cosplay experience?
>>
>>9012504
>common for that age group

No. On top of that, having tulpa fuckbuddies is also not common for that age group. These are both signs of mental illness.

>>9012539
>it's essentially theater
No. That's just you. Nothing about my gender is "theater". I dress how I want to dress. I act how I want to act.

Really, in an ideal world, we'd purge the entire concept of gender from the public consciousness, and treat sex for what it is: A biological condition. Nothing more, nothing less.

Of course, that's not going to happen, because fuckers want to have their cake and eat it too. They want the feeling of rebellion that you get when you break the status quo, with the ability to conform to a per-existing standard and force other people to take it seriously. It's a cop out for people who don't have a strong sense of individuality, and make shit up to let people know they're a special snowflake.

I'm fine with people wanting to use pronouns they weren't assigned at birth. That's your business, and I won't complain as long as you're polite about it. As soon as you use non-existent pronouns, or switch pronouns on a regular basis, you've gone into total jackass territory, and I'm not going to respect it.
>>
>>9015631
Because that is exactly how it will turn out. Holy shit anon. Actually answer questions, don't keep asking them. What do you PLAN to put into a panel about black cosplayers that won't turn into nothing more than a discussion about not being noticed by photographers and being unrepresented in anime and manga in a hugely racist society like Japan who gives absolutely no shits about anyone besides themselves?
>>
>>9015633
Japan is notoriously racist towards anyone who isn't Japanese.
>>
>you can't have a specific time and space that is relevant to your specifics interests!

If people thought like cgl thinks there would be no anime cons at all because would be bitching "Why do you need a specific con for anime when you have comic-book/sci-fi cons already?"
Because I want more of what specifically interests me. Retards.
>>
>>9014192
>Something really bad is going to happen at a con one day with these people.

Yaoi-con is one of the most famous 18+ cons and it centers completely around sex and sexuality and it's been running for 15 years just fine.
>>
>>9015636
There is a difference between having a convention for interests vs having a panel at said convention focusing specifically on a group of people of a certain race. I feel like you people are so blinded by your race that you can't see how this is impactful on a negative level for a convention. A convention for anime or comics or sci-fi is not a place to have a panel where you discuss racial issues in the community. You just don't bring that into a convention. Make a blog for it.
>>
>>9015640
>tfw european
>tfw too poor to afford going to america specifically for yaoi-con

I hate the world and I want to watch it burn already
>>
>>9015640
Yeah, but Cgl has a hate boner for anything tumblr related so don't expect rational thought.

>desu tumblr and cgl are two halfs of a whole kek
>>
>>9015641
What if there were an area dedicated specifically to black interests? Don't see why that would be so weird, conventions are already divided by area of interest. Even the super-homogenous Japanese divide up their cons by "area for horny men" and "area for yaoi-loving women", see how the doujinshi artists at comiket are separated and distributed.Obviously because you can't trust males to be civil around women expressing their sexualities.
>>
File: shakes.gif (273KB, 500x246px) Image search: [Google]
shakes.gif
273KB, 500x246px
>>9015644
>>
>>9015644
What are these 'black interests'? You can't say that at a convention a black person as completely different interests than other people. Gendered interests are a whole other matter and at comiket, doujinshi is illegal. There is, however, a specific convention in Japan just for fan productions, but it stays to that one convention. RACE specific areas are way different than INTEREST specific areas. Do you have any idea how fucking stupid you sound? You are comparing someone's fucking race to an interest, a hobby. If that isn't degrading I don't know what is.
>>
>>9015644
please tell me my interests anon and how they differ from white people
>>
>>9015645
Spot the butthurt straight male
Maybe if you teach your mates not to act like apes whenever they see a woman mention sex or say she likes something sexual
especially when it's not related to you, shall I tell you a story?

>be at anime con
>be at self-published comic area, an area for freelance comic artists to showcase their works
>some girl has her yaoi comic on display
>pretty average, art is typical amateur OEL, she's obviously a beginner and she'll get better with time and practice
>about to move on to the next stand when suddenly hear a ruckus behind me
>group of dudes making lots of loud noise comes over
>stops at the girl's stand
>WHY DID YOU DRAW THIS?
>DO YOU DRAW NAKED CHICKS? I'M NOT GAY WHY DO YOU WASTE YOUR TIME DRAWING THIS SHIT? YOU SHOULD DRAW NAKED CHICKS!
>HEY DOES THIS MEAN YOU'RE INTO ANAL?
>KINKY CAN I HAVE YOUR NUMBER
>EWWWW GAYS ARE GROSS
>I WANT MORE TITS WHERE ARE THE TITS
>WOMEN HAVE SHIT TASTE LOLOLOLOLOL
>LOOK HOW RIDICULOUS THAT GUY LOOKS HAHAHA I LOOK MUCH BETTER THAN HIM
>YOU SHOULD BLOW ME
>girl looks on the verge of tears
>everyone staring
>I end up buying a copy of her mediocre comic to make her feel better once the apes have moved on to another target since she wouldn't respond to their sexual harassing

This is how it is whenever males are allowed near anything related to women and sex, even porn/smut comics by women for women like yaoi
>>
>>9015655
I'm a girl, anon. You're just upset I don't agree with saying a specific race has different interests than another 20,000 people are a convention. Hobby preferences are different than saying you are black and only have interest in xyz.
>>
>>9015655
I have never seen or heard anyone say any of this at a convention because they go into an anime convention knowing full well this stuff exists unless you are one of the .0027% normie who has no idea about anything anime related whatsoever besides maybe casual DBZ or Sailor Moon in passing.
>>
>>9015648
>There is, however, a specific convention in Japan just for fan productions, but it stays to that one convention

The japanese artists I follow on twitter and the multiple events they go to to sell their doujinshi confirm you're full of bullshit.
>>
>>9015659
Who.
>>
>>9015664
As if I'm going to disrespect their privacy after gaining their trust. I can only tell you they do sell doujinshi at Spark and Super Comic City.
>>
>>9015657
>I have never seen or heard anyone say any of this at a convention because they go into an anime convention knowing full well this stuff exists

Oh you sweet summer child, how you underestimate male otaku.
>>
>>9015657
Just because I know niggers exist doesn't mean I'm not going to insult them
>>
>>9015666
As much as you might hate to understand it, doujinshi is illegal in Japan. If you don't get caught, thats on you. It is impossible to keep out so many an artists from conventions, but if caught you will be asked to leave.

>>9015668
Ive been going to conventions for almost 13 years now. Again, I have never, ever heard or seen anyone act this way towards anyone selling or wearing yaoi or yuri merchandise. That includes AX, DragonCon, Fanime, SakuraCon, NYCC. A few small ones here and there that locals put on like KrakenCon [which technically isn't small anymore]. I don't know what you are attending, but go to better conventions.
>>
>>9015670
Doujin is free publicity for series so a lot of companies choose to not say anything or do anything about it, but it is true that it is illegal. Some people at conventions honestly won't say anything either because they like reading fan works as well or are collectors.
>>
>>9015655
I had bad experiences like that too, but it's not like female otakus are any better. The only difference is that female otakus go the SJW "Why Are These Gays Not Portrayed Correctly" and "Your Fantasies Are Unhealthy And You Should Content Yourself With Unsatisfying Crap Instead" way rather which I'm sure is part of the emotional abuse they rave about on their tumblrs all the time. In fact I'd say female otakus are worse because being SJWs they're convinced they're in the good when they're doing nothing but causing abuse and distress to others.
>>
>>9009935
>People actually WANTING segregation

what the fuck is wrong with the youth of america
>>
>spot the racist!
>spot the butthurt white cis male
>spot the hick!

AKA comments for when you've run out of arguments
:^)
>>
Man this thread is filled with either SJW from tumblr or trolls, honestly I don't know anymore.

Maybe it's because I'm European but seeing panels about a certain race or sexuality just seems retarded to me because it tends to delve into 'my entire identity is my race/sexuality" which lets be honest happens often enough.

Just let conventions be about fun and sharing interests, and no "I'm black and cosplaying is hard" is not an interest.
>>
>>9015586
That's totally taken out of context. It could mean a million things
>>
>>9010792
I kinda can see the use for a black panel. Or well, not just black but "dark skin" if only for make up tips, wigs/outfits that do and don't go with your skintone, tips on how to cosplay dark skined characters for non-dark people like making proper afros or braids. That's about it tho.
>>
>>9015640
Well that would be different because it's probably just gay men/straight girls who understand that yaoi is fundamentally sexual. There's no need for the mental reinforcement or the validation, because nobody argues that yaoi is anything more than just plain ole sexual deviance.

>>9012504
>>9015632
"Common for that age group" is understandable to a degree, but in the past it was just angsty self-insert Sonic OCs and wolfaboo roleplays. It was never anywhere near the levels of insane psuedo-spirituality we're seeing today. It genuinely worries me how much farther it's going to go before something happens.

I can't help but think of that one lyric from Strawberry Fields Forever: "It's getting hard to be someone, but it all works out." I don't know how much longer it will.
>>
/pol/ is everywhere.

I agree with >>9016040, but I also think it doesn't necessarily need its own panel simply because it'll cause bitter colorblind people to rage like they are in this thread.

We have crossplay panels teaching others how to cosplay other sexes and they're accepted fine, so I don't think one for darker skinned people and tips on how to work with their skin tone is very outlandish, since getting colors and tones that work with your skin if you're cosplaying someone who is pale is a legitimate concern, and not everyone knows color theory.

The only issue is people talking it as as some sort of personal attack on their personhood that a person who isn't them had interest in a panel that they could gain insight from.

Now, I don't understand or know what Maki's panel was about, but knowing her, it was narcissistic and self aggrandizing, and thus not a good indication of what I think such a panel could be. And from Anime cafe's message from the op, they do concome off as traditionalist, in the "God fearing, racist" sort of way. So I understand op's initial opinion. And I love how it brings /pol/ out the woodwork.
>>
>>9015849
No it means exactly what it means Maki. Stop trying to fucking weasel your way out.
>>
>>9009962
a black cosplay panel sounds like a good idea. i dont understand how its segregation in the slightest. there could be a range of topics that the panel covers, such as adjusting wig colors to suit darker skin tones, some recommendations of darker characters, etc
>>
>>9015670
Hey, I am new to the area and wonder if any seagulls can give me the down low on Kraken-con.

I couldn't have gone this year due to time conflicts anyways, but the last time I saw Kraken-Con mentioned, the poster did not recommend attending but I never got a response telling me why.
>>
>>9016834
>"Common for that age group" is understandable to a degree, but in the past it was just angsty self-insert Sonic OCs and wolfaboo roleplays. It was never anywhere near the levels of insane psuedo-spirituality we're seeing today.
it was at that level in the early 2000s on LiveJournal, when several multiple/soulbond communities had 1000+ members each, and in the 90s it was parents believing their kids were Indigo Children (VICE has a little documentary on YouTube about indigo children today) and encouraging talk about past lives and auras and shit.

during the LJ time, soulbonders infected real support groups and posted their RP stories as if they had really happened. it was a pretty big problem and i never felt like i was allowed to say, "but that happened IN YOUR HEAD. this is a community for actual abuse survivors." shit was weird.

i think these types of kids will always be out there on the fringe, and i don't see them as any more dangerous than the kids who get fanatical about actual religions. teenagers are passionate and moody and kind of crazy across the board, and it's when that behavior doesn't change in adulthood that it gets worrisome IMO*. but, again, there are way more kids out there into more dangerous snowflakery belief systems (such as conspiracy theories and violent religions) for me to take otherkin/soulbonders as a significant threat.

*fun website about adult otherkin/soulbonder types forming a cult and preying on their own: http://www.demon-sushi.com/warning/mee.html

just like any other spiritual belief system, bad shit can and does happen, but mostly it happens within their private circles of influence. see also: Mormon cults, Quiverfull survivors, etc.
>>
>>9017408
this is a good post
>>
>>9015619

Edgy
>>
Why hasn't this racist mess been cleaned up by janitors yet and the thread closed down?
>>
>>9017909
hi maki
>>
>>9018048
Who's Maki?
>>
>>9009924
If they posted it on their own page, they DID just deal with it correctly, posting to their page fans why they no longer want to support the con. You don't have to agree with any of their reasons but the certainly have the right to explain to their own page subscribers. If you don't like them or their reasons, get off their page, maybe? Cons usually operate to make money and if more 18+ stuff and focus on gender, orientation and race issues in cosplay is a draw, sure they can do it but not everyone is going to like that either. The only way cons know this is by people speaking up and when it comes time to count the attendee headcount, the money and which guests and groups want to return.
>>
>>9018084
If you don't know who maki is, gtfo of this thread. Your opinions are irrelevant.
>>
>>9018184
Or maybe you can stop being a retard. Not even previous anon, by she's hardly been mentioned and you're being ridiculous. But everyone knows your cosplay idols, faggot.
>>
>>9018210
Read the fucking thread spergshit. That's all you had to do to know who she is. One fucking basic task and you can't even do it. You are so fucking hard to be right, you called a racist twat monger that grooms younger naive cosplayers to be raped by her husband, someone's idol.

Gg for proving what >>9018184 just called you out for.
>>
>>9014887
In OP's imagination.
>>
Maki gets outed for her grooming. Whole thread goes into silence.
>>
Cosplay is the white woman/man's frontier. Others need not apply.
>>
>>9010148
lmaooo I forgot I posted in this thread because it was such a dumb topic but reading some more I'm guessing you think I'm maki
Sorry to tell you I’m west coast not east
and yes, I think its be cool to have a specified race panels due to
>different races with the different problems

I'd rather have someone run it to address the problems though rather than advertise themselves or make up fake stories about how they were victimized because they are black (as a lot of black cosplayers do because of the easy pity likes it brings them. Claiming to be called a niqqer is the black cosplayer equivalent of females falsely accused and witch hunting photogs for more likes)
>>
I miss the good ol' days of Anime St Louis where every black cosplayer was given a benevolently racist nickname and treated like pseudo-celebrities.
Thread posts: 227
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.