[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a cat/animal ear thread? What do you think about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_20160515_152644.jpg (30KB, 654x569px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160515_152644.jpg
30KB, 654x569px
Can we have a cat/animal ear thread?
What do you think about the popular sellers and their prices?
Is there a good tutorial out there to make similar ears?
>>
I want to make fox or the realistic cat ears similar to the ones at kittens play pen , is there a tutorial out there that isn't just "sew 2 pieces of fabric inside out"
>>
File: DSC01994.jpg (313KB, 1792x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01994.jpg
313KB, 1792x1080px
>>9007125
looks similar to my ears, if I were to actually put effort into them (idk why people buy mine so quickly). No sewing required. I'll see if I can find the tutorial I used, though, it was several years ago since I found it.
>>
>>9007162
Found it.

Though, I don't recommend hot glue at all. Use fabri-tac.
>>
I dont like using headbands, I feel like they put too much pressure on the side of my head.

I like to use hairpins to keep them in place, works really well in conjunction with a wig.
>>
>>9007125
Kittensplaypen is fantastic when they're not tripping over their thousands of orders. I'm a huge fan of them.

As for tutorials, all the ones I've looked up are garbage..honestly.
>>
Personally had a fairly bad experience with Kittensplaypen, my ears were completely wonky and uneven and forgot to attach the bows. Got promised that they'll send the bows to me but never heard anything from them again. Aside from that, the 8 weeks wait wasn't really worth it.
I'd prefer to make them myself if there's a good tutorial for this.
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 640x609px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 640x609px
I would recommend this girl's work too. She caters to pretty much every community (cosplay, nekomimi, pet etc..) but her custom slots go quick.

http://littlelycan.com
@little.lycsn on Instagram

I want to order from her ASAP, but I'm stilling thinking on what color and style I want. I believe she also does piercings, clips or whatever else you want. She's also really kind, I've been following her for a while.

(Pic related. Nick from zootopia custom ears. Praying it's not sideways, on mobile.)
>>
>>9007242
@little.lycan, my bad
>>
>>9007162
I'm sorry but those look fucking horrible throw those into the trash where they belong.
>>
>>9007162
How dare you compare that trash to Kitten's Playpen, I am insulted.
>>
>>9007258
I 100% agree, but people buy them and pay $8. I would stop making them if people would stop buying them.
>>
>>9007349
8 bucks for that huh?

and here I am thinking I could never sell any of my work because I don't think it's good enough...
>>
>>9007349
Why wouldn't you try to make them better..? Then you can make more money for a better product?
>>
>>9007353
Yea, I usually make around 10 of the for conventions, and they always sell out.

>>9007355
I've been wanting to make better ears for forever now, but just haven't gotten around to it since i've been focusing on making more tails. The ear market is more so saturated, might as well just sell quick cheap ears.
>>
Friend of mine ordered a set from Kitten's Playpen back in October, and still hasn't received them, she keeps having her order pushed back. It doesn't seem worth dealing with that.
>>
>>9007553
Yeah I wouldn't bother honestly. I had a similar issue with them. Gave them 3 months to complete an order for just one collar and then I messaged them wanting a refund. They never responded and I had to file a Paypal claim before they did anything. I wouldn't recommend them, despite how good their products look.
>>
File: 2016-05-15 22.43.24.jpg (3MB, 2388x1883px) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-15 22.43.24.jpg
3MB, 2388x1883px
I ordered a pair from an etsy seller a while back and after looking them over I decided I could do it.

I bought some medium length pile fur fabric and after cutting out the ear shapes, used some clippers to trim down the fur in some places and leave it long in others. also used an airbrush to add color to the inner ear.

Sorry for the shit pic! my wire work was sloppy, as was the way I trimmed the edges of the fur and glued them but it was my first go.
>>
>>9007125
how are the ones by kittens play pen made?
Is there foam of some sort in between?
>>
>>9007125
serious question, do people use these in any context other than sexual foreplay?
>>
>>9007689
Well, I mean, there ARE characters with animals ears I guess?
>>
>>9007689
Weebs, characters with animal ears, gijinkas of animalistic characters
>>
>>9007689
Also J Fash, Maid Cafes.

Animal ears are more than common, I'm more of the opinion that tails are the 'kinky' animal accessory things, cause, y'know, butt plugs.
>>
>>9007689
Do people cosplay for reasons other than sex? Are you new here?
>>
>>9007676
I'm just going to assume no one knows
>>
>>9007728
They're hand sewn, wired for movement and then trimmed from what I know. I don't believe they use foam or any kind of stuffing in their ears. I can ask a friend for clarification though.
Other than that, they don't go into detail on the construction of their stuff.
>>
>>9007565
I'm impressed how realistc the inner ear looks.
>>
File: female pattern baldness.jpg (4MB, 3128x2131px) Image search: [Google]
female pattern baldness.jpg
4MB, 3128x2131px
>>9008167
that was the easiest part to do. i could paint all day long. i don't know how to cut the fur correctly though. i also think the stuff i used was too dense/thick. mine doesn't look like the nicer pairs you can buy but i can't quite figure out what i'm doing wrong
>>
>>9007162
>>
>>9007169
these look terrible
>>
>>9007689
You're one of those people that asks how lolita isn't ageplay, aren't you?
>>
>>9007169
Please post better tutorials.
>>
Thought I had more tutorials but I apparently only had this
I do have some horn and wing tutorials, I know it's not really that related, but would anyone be interested?
>>
I got my rabbit ears/tail (the tail was custom to match the ears) from Woodlandcreatureshop on Etsy. I love her work, and it looks like her quality has gotten better since I ordered my ears a few years back. It looks like she blew the fuck up, too, because she's always sold out now. I don't know if she's open for commissions, but if she is, I recommend highly.
>>
>>9009641
So it moves when you walk or is it static and just posable?
>>
>>9010350
Not that anon, but it looks like the tail stays in the shape you put it in but sort of sways and moves along with you.
>>
>>9009642
Same. I bought from her a few years ago, and at the time, she did customs frequently and had at least one thing in her shop at any given time. Popular things like black wolf ears always sold out immediately, but there would be leftovers. Now it's so difficult to buy her products. I do really recommend her, though.
>>
>>9009642
>>9010429

I bought a custom set of ears from her as well way back when, and they're wonderful quality -- I'd love to get a new pair from her as well, but as the others said, nowaday anything she posts are gone in record time.
>>
>>9007553
>>9007563

Honestly, I won't bother with them again after my first few orders - there's a number of places you could get good quality ears from instead without the wait or complications. It took about four months to get the ears (it looks like it's the shorter end of the wait time) and it took almost two months before they told me something was out of stock and that they had no idea when they'd get it back in stock. I only found this after I asked what was up with the order, and it took further pushing to get a refund.
>>
I feel so terrible that so many people are having problems with Kittensplaypen, all my orders with them have been great but I feel that it's because I ordered before the wave of weeby scene kids started shopping with them.

The owner, Sara has always been sweet and I hope their business running skills get better and they go back to doing actual quality checks. They definitely allowed too many custom orders for what the staff could handle, it's very disappointing to see from them.

I buy ears and tails quite frequently, so I browse a lot of stores and most of them are /shit/, sorry to be rude.
>>
>>9010477
>>9011030
Any recommendations? The only other good ones I've seen are either 80+ bucks, have really shit business practices, or are always sold out.
>>
>>9011042
Not the original anon you were replying to, but Atelier Creatura is a new shop. It's temporarily closed, but her stuff looks amazing. One of my friends bought something from her when she first popped up, and she loved it. I think Hoshiikins has nice stuff, but I've never seen it in person. People were giving it really good reviews for a long time, but then after I saw one negative review, a lot of people who had given good reviews posted their complaints.

I know of a few other shops, but they're pretty new. None of them are expensive, but I don't know if I would recommend them. What kind of wait time are you okay with?
>>
>>9011030
I tried to place a custom order with them. We discussed what I wanted, came to a price, and they just stopped responding after that. Kind of ticked me off. I hope they get better with those types of things as well.
>>
>>9011358
I can wait maybe around 3 months. I don't have a deadline, but considering how flakey and shifty these stores tend to be I end up getting really nervous. Thanks for the help anon.
>>
>>9011042
I'm out now, but I'll post a couple links to a few stores I like when I get back! I was the anon who recommended little lycan a couple posts up though.
>>
>>9011042
These are a few stores I've gotten things from/eyeing.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/rabbitbride

I got a really nice pair of custom ears from her, they're handsewn and nice quality.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/eshopmania

Just general animal ears, some really cute ones are there if you dig through them. Shipping is really quick.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/noxhyde

Not my personal style but they look pretty nice.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ateliercreatura

Already mentioned but not linked (not sure tho), she makes really pretty ears. I'm considering an order from her.

I saw hoshiikins in this thread too and I'm interes in her work but lately she seems to be lacking by her reviews/posts on Instagram. Woodlandcreature was mentioned too but I heard that people have received uneven ears from her so I'm iffy. If I come across more I'll post links.
>>
Is it too much for people who make elin like rabbit ears that aren't booked until 2029? Too many people like the floppy or folded look it seems.
>>
>>9011675
they get heavy real fuckin quick
>>
Here are a few more shops that weren't listed. Some closed for orders, some not.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetsheepsecrets
Currently closed for orders, but I think people tend to really love their tails. I don't hear many complaints or outstanding praises on the ears, but I know a lot of people prefer them for tails.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SleepyKittenStore
Not sure on their status. They're newer, I think?

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Zullala
I really like their floppy puppy ears

https://www.etsy.com/shop/FurEars
Another shop which is closed at the moment, but her wolf ears are super realistic.
>>
>>9011736
The floppy ones? God, tell me about it. If they aren't falling off every 2 minutes, they'll give you a headache worse than those axent wear headphones.
The upright ones are kinda like air though. You'd only remember them when you go to scratch your head and they fall off...
>>
>>9007565
Wow!
These look magnificent!

Do you ever plan to sell ears?
>>
>>9011766
yes, the floppy ones. so uncomfortable. the upright ones get bumped more often, ime

>>9011970
thank you! and no I could never. I don't think I have the patience/skill. it is extremely messy as well.

I see woodlandcreatureshop mentioned a few times and I would def rec her, despite how busy she has gotten. I wanted a tail from her but at the time she wasn't able to sew them. her ears are wonderful though
>>
File: IMG_20160518_210206.jpg (101KB, 1318x1051px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160518_210206.jpg
101KB, 1318x1051px
So I just bought one of the "ready to ship" ears from Kittens Play Pen.

How fucked am I?
>>
>>9012180
You should be fine
>>
>>9012180
I bought one of those. Took a month to finally ship.

Have fun.
>>
>>9012180
In my experience, it's only taken 1-2 weeks to ship out ready-made things and another 1-2 to get to me.
Parroting what others have said, though. I've had positive experiences with them, and it's a shame that their wait time bogs their name down.
>>
do anyone have any experience with kittencream? gosh they are expensive but they look so premium
>>
>>9007553
I ordered a collar from them last august, and received it last week. It's very high quality and well done, but waiting so many months for an order is insane, I really hope they find a way to make waiting times shorter.
Not very related, but does anyone know of someone that makes collars cuffs etc similar to those? I only found badly made rip-offs
>>
>>9011744
>I really like their floppy puppy ears

moar puppy ears
i need
anyone have links?
>>
>>9007242
Those are so adorable. Looks like everything on there is sold out right now though, but I'll definitely keep an eye on it. Thanks!
>>
>>9019965
I hear collarfactory.com used to be good and it's 100% custom, not sure about recent years but 2-3 years ago they were considered the shit
>>
>>9020007
thanks, I will check them out
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.