[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tips for shipping internationally?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: usps.jpg (76KB, 1000x573px) Image search: [Google]
usps.jpg
76KB, 1000x573px
So I shipped a dress out to a LaceMarket buyer on April 24, and I shipped from the US to the UK through USPS. I'd like to say first that I am very very inexperienced with selling and shipping so in case what I've done sounds stupid, that's why.

So I shipped international priority and when I tried the tracking # USPS says "USPS Tracking™ is unavailable for this product for UNITED KINGDOM." I've shipped something to Malaysia and Australia in the past without issue but UK apparently had an issue.

And basically my problem is the buyer STILL has not received her dress and we have no way of tracking it so I don't know what to do at this point. She opened a dispute on paypal with me which I don't blame her for, I'd probably do the same thing, but I don't know how to resolve this besides pray her dress comes.

It's been 4 weeks so far and the man at the post office said it'd take 3-6 weeks? so idk please help.
>>
>>9006994
USPS gull here:
Take your copy of the customs form to the post office you sent it from and have them run the customs number through their internal tracking system. They can tell you with that number where it's at in relation to the US and UK customs clearance process.

You should have working tracking for that destination; I don't know why it's not showing up since now even first class customs numbers will work as tracking to the UK.
>>
Never ship without tracking and insurance, especailly if the payment was thourgh paypal. This is the only way to protect yourself as seller.

To all the german gulls: Shipping international isn't that expensive. Try to avoid DHL and use the deutsche post instead. You can sent packages up to 2kg with tracking and insurance for around 25€. Just be sure that the package is within the max. Measurements.
>>
>>9006995
thank you!
>>
>>9006994
As previous Anon mentioned, the best thing to do is to look up the customs number from the customs declaration form copy that the post office gave you. You may even be able to run that number through the online tracking system yourself. For any parcel leaving the US, the customs number works as a very basic tracking number, but it should not be used in place of regular tracking, and may not fly in a PayPal dispute.
As a US-based anon, your best bets in the future for shipping internationally are either EMS (aka Priority Mail Express International, will generally run you upwards of $60 for a 1-2lb package), or Registered First Class International Mail. Unless a buyer specifically asks for EMS due to a time crunch, I will always ship Registered First Class Mail. Registered Mail comes with its own tracking number and is available, for $14 as an add-on in addition to your regular International First Class Mail postage. It takes its sweet time getting there (usually 2-3 weeks for Great Britain) and there's no good time estimate available upfront, but it is also the cheapest tracked option available. In order to ship something Registered First Class International, the item's value must not exceed $400 USD, and the package must be taped shut with a paper-based tape. Plastic Scotch Tape = not okay, but paper packing tape or painter's tape = okay. I don't recommend shipping with a bubble mailer; some post offices will take them and others will not.
>>
>>9007153
The customs number worked in my Paypal dispute. It probably depends on what country you send it to though.
>>
>>9006994
Does the tracking number not work for her on the UK tracking site

I've shipped 2 international packages recently through registered mail and I've found that the tracking didn't work for USPS, I got the same message you did, but it did work on the destination postal site once they entered that country.

If it doesn't work on the UK site I would definitely do what the other anon said and bring the tracking and customs numbers to the post office and see if they are any minuscule of help.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.