[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SFCC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: UaZvPqx.jpg (550KB, 493x1156px) Image search: [Google]
UaZvPqx.jpg
550KB, 493x1156px
so because some fuckwit staffer committed PR suicide I have to see a bunch of slap dash articles on my feed about sexism in cosplay. Also this thread open to other stories about cons that died because someone said what we were all thinking.
>>
>all the whiny men complaining about the imaginary female cosplayer who bragged about 20,000 followers and is clearly just a tits mcgee fake gamer girl

jim admitted it was a rhetorical conversation, not a real person, and that he's had male cosplayers do the same thing.
>>
I was watching the thread yesterday as it climbed past 1.4k I see they nuked it.
>>
Fuck SJWs and their cancerous callout culture.
>>
>>9005720
on facebook? he started deleting any comments that disagreed with him, then had someone say they weren't hiding~ they were just deleting and banning anyone that "swore" or "threatened" (yet left up a bunch of comments supporting them that swore for a long time) and finally deleted it entirely.
>>
File: nMDTKjm.jpg (132KB, 510x813px) Image search: [Google]
nMDTKjm.jpg
132KB, 510x813px
>>9005713
>fuckwit staffer

it was the owner.
>>
Is no one going to point out how this chick thought it was okay to ask for a free trip simply because she had 20k likes on Facebook... like yeah, it was shitty to make that post but the cosplay community has gotten delusional.
>>
>>9005740
I think quite a bit of people in the original thread understood that. You had your odd entitled twits arguing about sexism but many comments were just stating how unprofessional it was.
I agree, that cosplayer is nuts to think they deserve all that.
>>
>>9005740
Apparently it was a male cosplayer who asked (stated by the SF mod in one of the millions of shit comments). I heard the mod offered a shit apology but it's since been deleted.
>>
>>9005740
>>9005741

I thought it was confirmed that the 20k cosplayer
doesn't exist and it was just a rhetorical device for making a point?
>>
>>9005747
There are so many stories going around. I read an article with the actual cosplayer's message in it and she had a real page.
>>
>>9005740
>how this chick

It wasn't a specific person, it was rhetorical, and they never named the gender of this rhetorical cosplayer.

What I don't get is... this is something that conventions and pretty much most businesses will run across on a daily basis, especially nowadays with the rise in social media and review/life blogging.

It's like people asking for free books or clothes or other items in exchange for reviews or promotion, and when you ask you (if you're smart) will basically market yourself and tell the business/convention/whatever it is why they should consider you. Part of that is "I have (this many) followers" to differentiate yourself from other requesters.

There's no reason to have a tantrum like this guy did over it and go into bizarre rants about "boob girls" (even though he tried to kickstarter a sexy cosplayer calendar?? and had Yaya Han as a guest?) and "real" cosplayers.

All he had to do was say "I'm sorry, Santa Fe Comic Con is not sponsoring any cosplay guests this year" and leave it at that. Make a form letter, send it to all the cosplayers that email in. Whoop.
>>
>>9005748
That wasn't the actual cosplayer. That was a cosplayer posting about it.

Also they just turned off their Visitor Page, so people can't comment on it. They just made a comment saying that they had a contract with Amy Jo Johnson, whereas Amy Jo Johnson made a post on her facebook saying she has no agreement with SFCC.
>>
>>9005740
no one cares about that shit, the owner was a jackass even if his stance was right
>>
>>9005761
It's why most companies have someone to advise them on PR decisions. Even if he had just left it as the first post it would have been fine. When he started with the "sexual" and "hot chick" rant is where it went downhill.

"WHY CAN'T I VENT!"
niggah you can vent, you just do it on your own account, or on 4chan, or some shit. you don't do it on the con's public account
>>
>>9006240
he made a comment in the now-deleted post about Amy Jo cancelling implying that people can't call him immature "if they dress up like Pikachu and anime characters"

son.....
>>
>>9006248
The stuff on his personal account is even worse, he is has posted some really racist and offensive shit in the past.
>>
>>9006270
any caps?
>>
File: the truth.jpg (24KB, 409x255px) Image search: [Google]
the truth.jpg
24KB, 409x255px
>>9005713
I don't think the owner is wrong.
Nor do I think they're a dick.
I don't care about any of your feel feels.
Preach it SFCC
>>
>>9005713
so a whore doesn't gets what she wants, and the person that calls er ouw on her whore ways to support the locals is the devil? you need to mature a little, /cgl/
>>
While his execution was complete shit I agree with his base message. These "Cosplay Guests" are more often than not nothing but a pair of tits looking for a free ride to sell their merchandise. Stuff like this dies nothing but hurt cons and the community as a whole.
>>
>>9006270
lmao
is it set public? that's problem #1. always turn your shit to friends only.
>>
File: 1430775192503.jpg (337KB, 867x848px) Image search: [Google]
1430775192503.jpg
337KB, 867x848px
>>9006270
slut, 4chan's /tv/ posts more ironically racist and sexist stuff and yet you are atill poating here. STFU
>>
>>9005723
>>9006284
>>9006290

It's not about the owner being wrong, or sexism or sjws or whatever.
It's about maintaining a public image, and continuing to argue with thousands of people. Like one or two posts, it's a little unprofessional but whatever. But for your official convention page to be bickering on for hundreds and hundreds of comments, digging himself into a hole each time, then issuing a pathetic non-apology... It's fucking disastrous PR.

You really can't get a full grasp on just how much he sounded like a stubborn little kid through a few posts of his.
I could give less of a shit what his stance is, but you have to maintain at least a little fucking amount of professionalism when your'e trying to run a business. And at some point, you just have to learn when to shut up.
>>
>>9006676
*Can't get a full grasp through the few posts posted here. He argued with every single commented he could, and easily made over a hundred stupid, oblivious responses.
>>
>>9006676
dude, no one wants to sponsor a slut, and you're now supporting the slut because she is a woman?
>>
>>9006682
bait harder, fag
here's some more buzzwords for you to try:
>tumblr
>sjw
>leddit
>whores
>nigri
>>
This whole fucking thing is fedora chum. Amy Jo's page is full of fucking betas pitching their wet dream cosplayers about how they found out about the "muh mysogonies!".
>>
>>9006682
Are you retarded? I don't give a fuck about whoever he's talking about. I wouldn't care what the topic is about. If he argued this retardedly publicly about anything it'd be just as bad. He could be trying to say "child rapists are bad" or some other basic shit, you still don't have a crazy meltdown using your convention's public page. It's cringy and unprofessional.
>>
>jim does an interview where he claims he wasn't insulting anyone
>despite the 8378934 screencaps where he does
>now claims he's deleting any comments with threats (and claims they're getting threats like 'kill yourself with a brick') and swear words but in reality just deleting anyone who calls him out

haha
>>
lol social media is full of half baked blogging vultures hahaahaaha
>>
>>9006775
he also blamed in on a cafe which he didn't even know the theme of, and none of the members commented on the post
>>
File: 1380398092232.png (601KB, 824x706px) Image search: [Google]
1380398092232.png
601KB, 824x706px
>>9005723
>>9006290
>>9006682
>>
>>9005723
I had a friend last summer basically call me out (she's a girl SJW and I'm a dude -- obviously not an SJW) because I told her that I don't think it's fair that J Nig makes 200,000+ per year because she bejewels some bikinis and flashes her tits.

> mfw she starts calling me out
> mfw "IF PEOPLE WANT TO WEAR HALLOWEEN COSTUMES OR BIKINIS THAT AREN'T REMOTELY LIKE THE CHARACTER TO CONVENTIONS THEY CAN, ANON"
> "I THINK YOU JUST HATE WOMEN"
> please never come to conventions
>>
>>9005713
I don't get it, what's so wrong about what he said? It seems like common sense.
>>
File: achieved full retard.jpg (17KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
achieved full retard.jpg
17KB, 500x300px
>>9006667
>comparing posting anonymously on 4chan to posting under your professional account on Facebook
>>
You know, this whole fiasco could have been avoided if the intention was to politely PSA the followers of that convention page that staff don't cover travel/living/food expenses for guest cosplayers.
Not make up that...weird, snarky rhetorical scenario that could/did get misconstrued as sexism and asshatery.
>>
>>9008160
Exactly, a simple post like that would have been just fine.
>>
>>9005740
No, because clearly the made up example isn't how most guests approach convention negotiations. Popularity IS important when inviting your guests, and he's just butchering it down so that it sounds even more needy and off-base. It was probably more like:

>Hi, I am "NAME" and am interested in attending as a guest for your convention. I have blah years of experience running these types of panels, and previously appeared as a guest at x, y, z, con. I am also active in the cosplay community and would be an asset for your marketting, with over 20k followers on facebook. I require thesehere accommodations when appearing as a guest, but they are negotiable to a point.

VS the fake "story:

>Hi I am famous with 20k followers, please give me a free trip to your convention.
>>
>>9008092
She is onto something, stop mansplaining and judging women on looks.
>>
>>9005713
really tired of seeing this all over facebook, too. I hope it blows over soon and hope that the cons stay afloat. Without SFCC and the one in Albuquerque, all NM has left is Monkey Tits' "con" and tiny local cons that can barely pull enough attendees to have a year two. AZ and Colorado are barely any better. Completely shit to be an artist in this region, led alone a cosplayer or someone who likes attending a decent convention. The owner really is right about just bringing in boob cosplayers, because that's basically all you ever see in the region, though I'm not going to say that the local cosplayers really are any better.
>>
>>9008216
You best be trolling.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.