[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Florida General: OUT the door for MegaCon edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 47

File: image.jpg (39KB, 600x171px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 600x171px
MegaCon is slowly creeping up upon us. Anyone feeling the MegaCrunch? Also, OUTCon is this weekend. Anyone going?
>>
Megacon roll call!

>What days are you going?
>What events are you doing?
>Where are you staying?
>What costumes/what days?
>Biggest relief/Biggest gripe
>>
>>9004496
All 4
Got photo ops with the HP guests, HP cast Q&A, wanna hit the AA hard. Other than that I mostly Jung hang around, people watch and see friends
>Where are you staying?
Rosen Plaza, next door. I miss when the con was in Feb/March so I could stay at a better hotel and just walk over. But this late May heat? Hell nah.
Not sure of the exact days, but cosplaying as random characters from Harry Potter, Sherlock, and Bob's Burgers
Biggest relief? Being able to get your wristbands mailed to you in advance. Thank God, no pre-reg lines for me. I'm not even annoyed at the price, 4 days and great guests so I'm cool with it. Biggest gripe? Besides the horrible time of year, I hate that the anime and universal contest are both on the same day, no way to watch both. I'm interested in seeing what will happen at the anime costume contest now that Anime Sushi is no longer running things. Those are big shoes to fill.
>>
>>9004496
4, hope the pass comes in on time
No idea, I like to wing it
>Where are you staying?
Hilton, like I give a fuck about heat
May do my plague doctor though it is an old cosplay so it is pretty beat up.
Wristband mailed to me, holy shit is that nice. Biggest gripe is that I didn't book a hotel sooner and that it's probably gonna be crowded as all hell. This con has gotten so fucking big.
>>
If I'm going to MegaCon (got back from PAX East which was a BIG trip for me) I'm only going on Saturday.

I'm playing a show at OUTCon 3 PM
>>
File: when i see friends.gif (676B, 44x38px) Image search: [Google]
when i see friends.gif
676B, 44x38px
>>9004496
Fri-Sun
>Where are you staying?
Rosen Centre
Winging it desu, I'll probably plan my outfits out a few days before
I don't have to wait in the pre-reg line, god bless
>>
Just moved to miami, is this con worth going to?
>>
>>9005516
Its one of the top ten cons in the country, definitely worth a look.
>>
>>9005516
Yes.
>>
Does /cgl/ still have that 4chan meetup or did that eventually go away?
>>
>>9004496
All four.

I'll be working at a booth but the only thing I care about is the Ryo Horikawa panel and signing.

>Where are you staying?
I live like five minutes away so at home.

Okita Souji/Sakura Saber, possibly some others left over from older cons. My next costumes will be for AWA.

Biggest relief is that I can go for free. My gripe will be trying to get into the one panel I actually care about.
>>
>>9005687
We've had one each year so I assume there'll be another. It usually gets organized on here a bit before the con.
>>
File: 20160514_150930-1.jpg (68KB, 506x481px) Image search: [Google]
20160514_150930-1.jpg
68KB, 506x481px
We'll be here again giving these to seagulls for free.

>We are in the AA at A473 (near-ish the back of the room). Or look for the big wallscroll of Sylvanas.

Take care and get your cosplays done in time gulls!
>>
>>9005726
Ohhh I like the new one! I'll stop by and caw!
>>
Saturday~
Rikka Takanashi
So many people.. haven't been to a huge con in a while.

Look for me! I'll be giving away chocolate chip cookies in a little picnic basket because that's what I do.
>>
I think I'll go to this con. I live in Florida, so might as well right? My first cosplay will be at anime expo this year, so I'll probably just wear that cosplay (Kaga from Kantai) here. Are hotels crazy? Is it actually a big convention? The website seemed a little underwhelming.
>>
File: image.png (51KB, 340x394px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
51KB, 340x394px
>>9005945
Oh nevermind, I was thinking this was metro con. Still might go.
>>
>>9003104
I decided not to this year. I really hope they change the date to next's event to Mar/Apr. But I'll hit some smaller cons like Afo but my next big con is Awa.
>>
>>9005954
Same. The only reason I'm not going this year is because it's on memorial day weekend. Terrible traffic, drunk drivers, high hotel prices...All added on top of Megacon being insanely expensive already. No thanks.
>>
>>9005641
>>9005605
Hey, it falls on my birthday this year.

Anyone got any extra hotel space?
>>
>>9005726
Can't wait to get one of these. My old one from years ago is covered in brown spots and dying

Just Sunday
I actually don't have any plans for events, I usually just like to take photos and browse the dealers room at Mega
Me and my bf are doing Naoto and Kanji from P4 and both costumes are maybe like halfway done lol
I really dislike how big and expensive Mega has gotten lately. I wasn't even planning on going this year at first but look at me now
>>
>What days?
Hopefully all 4, but only buying tickets for 1. Maaaybe 2.

>Staying?
Rosen Centre again. That Skybridge yo.

>Cosplaying?
Soul Calibur, Danbo, DC, Okamisan, menhera coords at night. Too many. Some are just to meet celebs tho.

>Events?
Taking advantage of the Kevin Smith/Jay Mewes photop cause those fags never do them. DC group shoot cause it's always a blast. Pub crawl on I Drive.

>Ragrets? Relief?
My hotel room isn't stuffed, so that'll be nice, but it means I'll be on the look out for parties.
>>
>>9006017
In terms of the hotels or anyone renting?
>>
>>9006056
>menhera coords

Oooo neat! I hope I see you!
>>
>>9006059
Either
>>
Is anyone going to Florida Fandomania?
>>
Anyone make it to Outcon? They said they had 1000 attendees.
>>
>>9007838
I had a table there.

It certainly felt busy because the artist alley tables were in that long hallway when you first get off the escalator at the MACC.

One major problem was that the panel rooms were off to the side and not clearly labeled with a "PANELS THIS WAY" kinda thing.
>>
Yay, wristbands arrived today. Did a group order with some friends, definitely worth it.
>>
>>9007838
For a first year con it certainly wasn't that bad, I had fun
>>
>>9008676
What do you think the main reason you had fun was?
>>
>>9007322
Ill be there representing for /cgl/ and /m/ in my Gundam MK-II

Might be the last time I take it out as its two years old now and my new suits are coming online.
>>
>>9008870
why don´t go all overboard setting your minovsky reactor to selfdestruct at the stage?
>>
>>9008878
I'm keeping it around for at least a bit longer. A friend is building a Titans Mk-II suit and I want to ado at least one show & photo-shoot with both suits together before I retire and possibly sell the suit.
>>
>>9007322
Yup! Playing a show there.
>>
>>9009321
What do you play?
>>
>>9007322
Yeah I'm with a podcast that got invited to do panels.
>>
>>9009714
I'm a guitarist/singer. I do songs based off comics, video games, Magic, etc. I've played a shitton of other Florida cons before.
>>
>>9009912
Hi Eric. See you at Mizu. :)
>>
>>9010229
Why are people still supporting this shitty con wtf
>>
>>9010247
I agree in previous years it hasn't been that good but it's improving. and if that means I like shitty cons and so be it. I have fun.
>>
>>9010259
I love small cons and all but stuff like this is why they get away with having a hentai panel in a glass panel room and treating their volunteers/guests like crap. I'm saving my money for holiday matsuri.
>>
>>9010311
That hasn't happened in a long time, lol. And I was a volunteer last year and had no issues at all. new staff
>>
>>9010317
Really? I was a volunteer too. Which department, if you don't mind answering?
Idk, it's all still apparently owned by the same person and I've had more than enough terrible experiences. To each their own, I guess.
>>
>>9010330
I was helping the panel director. Also apparently the old chair realized he was fucking up so bad and decided to let someone else take over this year, one of the old staff, not sure which. Too bad I guess, I'll let you know how tihs year is.
>>
So how come there aren't any decent cons in Jacksonville? There's a big nerd population there but the two (?) cons they have are pretty lame from my experience.
>>
>>9010373
Because Jacksonville is a shithole
>>
>>9010373
Because Jacksonville is not the destination. You pass through it to go to the real cons. Fuck Jax.
>>
>>9010247
Because the con is actually changing and none of the old shitty staff which caused a bunch of problems in 2014 are there anymore. There's a new con chair, new staff, and surprisingly when I went last year it actually was better run which was weird to see
>>
>>9010652
That's what I don't understand about this fucking community. Someone comes along and tries to save a con and the community comes along and shits on them instead of at least somewhat supporting them. It's stupid.
>>
>>9010373
Jacksonville is like Florida's Detroit. You don't stop there and you only drive through it if you're forced to.
>>
File: Megacon Lineup.png (522KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Megacon Lineup.png
522KB, 1000x1000px
>>9004496
All 4 of 'em
Nothing particular. I'll be stuck at the Planet Xeeni booth for a good majority of the weekend. I was going to be running an Osomatsu meetup/shoot on Friday but there wasn't enough interest so I dropped it.
>Where are you staying?
Extended Stay America, the North one.
Pic related
Relief: Vendor badges are significantly cheaper than the actual Mega weekend pass god bless
Gripe: I won't be able to use my hands most of Saturday but hey that's what handlers are for
>>
>>9010671
Yo for real people, complain about something being shitty and when someone listens and tries to show them Yo you guys matter people still get mad. I'm going to go back to Mizu this year because I want to see this con be as good as it was before especially with there being less cons in our area now because fuck that drive to Lauderdale
>>
>>9007322
I don't understand why everyone is reviewing the con on Facebook 5 stars before it has even happened yet. That's the complete opposite of how the system is supposed to work. Also, most of the people who left the reviews are guests/staff. It seems real fishy to me.
>>
File: 1462206630208.png (187KB, 500x323px) Image search: [Google]
1462206630208.png
187KB, 500x323px
>>9010385
>>9010600
>>9010727
>mfw i have to move to jacksonville next month
>>
>>9010652
There is new staff, yes, but a few of the old staff is there, and the same asshole that basically made the convention terrible for me is still the one getting all the money for it.
con chair =/= person who owns the con
It's wonderful that they're trying to fix it, but the same people are getting the money and I don't want to support that.
If you want to go, good for you.
>>
>>9011346
lol I don't think they be making money right now but i get what you saying. Like you said good for you.
>>
Surprised that none of you are discussing the metrocon layout yet.
>>
>>9011869
I've been worrying about this for months. Artists and Vendors knew about this change since about November, yet the con owners made no mention publicly on their fan pages about badge-only access. They instead flooded their social media with the mascot contests, and ignored my comments to make this info public. Now that they have their hotel blocks filled, they release the info...
>>
>>9011875
I'm just reading it all on facebook highly amused. I thought about attending this year for even one day just to say hi to a few friends, but honestly so many people are canceling going.
>>
>>9011875
Ya this was a super dick move on their part. I feel they waited this long wanting to fill their hotel quotas first and then went surprise fuck you all. I was already on the fence about Metro and this seals it for me, nope
>>
>>9011346
What happened to you?
>>
>>9011869
Metro is so shitty now
>>
>>9008882
For future note, about how much do you sell your suits for? I remember you sold one or two before but I'm completely blanking on how much they went for.
>>
File: tumblr_n33vb4Q44F1rz1ki7o1_500.png (256KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n33vb4Q44F1rz1ki7o1_500.png
256KB, 500x333px
prob two or three.
would love to see the cosplay contest, was late last year because of my ex. and i got sick.
>Where are you staying?
hotel here and there
different versions of homura meguca, and male ranma if im gonna party.
getting my shit done on time and actually taking my time with this cosplay. plus last time i had a horrible time but now im going with great friends!

Also, for anyone that's interested im hosting a /cgl/ meet up group for florida cons on fb so we can get this gay shit organized. idk if there is one but if you want to join please let me know so we can meet up and fuck shit up.
>>
The metrocon facebook group has me in tears laughing right now. So much butthurt about having to buy tickets. Yeah, Metro is shitty, but if they expanded the badge check area, just do what everyone else does and just have two people in your group buy a badge, send them in, and have one person bring out the next, copy and repeat until everyone gets in. It's like people have never tried to dodge paying before. You work around it, you don't demand the con let you in for free.
>>
>>9012222
It's just people mad about how it'll be more expensive for teens and families and will drive down attendance or something. I can see the point they're trying to make but it is also entertaining to see just how upset so many people are. I have to say though as an artist I LOVED having the alley in that open free space and I know I wouldn't have made nearly as much money as I did last year if I was behind a paywall in the dealer's room.
>>
>>9011986
Email me or ask me on FB messenger @Uberscosplay for that. Sorry but /cgl/ isn't the best place to talk turkey.

Its more about need for space than anything when I sell. I don't really like to sell them as I get pretty attached.
>>
>>9011323
There are nice parts of Jacksonville just like every other city. Don't listen to just poorfags.
>>
>>9012247
You mean I don't have to put up with axe soaked tards in bad Undertale closet cosplay taking up chairs in the lounge areas?
Christmas has come early!
>>
>>9012281
Yeah if anything I'm kinda excited not to have to deal with a bunch of teens. Makes me regret that I can only go one day this year
>>
Metro cast member here.

Shit is hilarious. The butthurt is fantastic. I hope people try to "protest" like some have been suggesting.

It's really not that hard to save money for a badge if you're aren't a fucking moron.
>>
>>9012336
Hi Ben
>>
>>9012340
Ben isn't cast which is great because he's kinda a fucking dumbass.

His boner for the mascots despite being a giant pain in the ass to the people playing them for the con is cringe-worthy.
>>
>>9012342
Yeeeah, 'cause anybody actually cares about the mascots anymore. The designs this year are utter shit.
>>
So a certain Tampa-St. Petersburg con owner is whining on social media about how depressed he thinks he is and lamenting how people he thought were friends or trustworthy turned out not to be. Remember some of your actions from 2011-2014 or so? Karma, buddy.
>>
>>9012450
But he traded his baby-momma for a hip young thing! How could he POSSIBLY be sad?
>>
Why is everyone so angry about having to pay for a pass? All Im getting from the FB page right now is "How dare you make us actually pay for an event that takes months and dozens of people to organize", and that's pretty fucking shitty if you ask me. If you dont want to pay the $80, then dont get a weekend pass? Or maybe save up your money? Like how is this different from any other con?

If you dont want to pay the full price next year, get a badge early, fucks sake.
>>
>>9006504
Hmm, no one? Shame, I was hoping to go. Maybe there's a motel nearby, I suppose the nearby places are all sold out.
>>
>>9012763
You could try airbnb? Downtown is very close and there seem to be a lot of apartments and other residences within walking distance, or atleast uber distance if you dont want to deal with the heat, so Im sure there are plenty of places to stay through them.
>>
>>9012692
I wish I could get a two day pass but for thurday and friday. I can only go then but then it makes it really expensive to buy both days, there should be a two day week pass that's less than the weekend pass.
>>
>>EnvyUs is a guest

Nope.jpg
>>
>>9012836
jfc that bitch is still relevant? Top kek
>>
>>9012692
This Is the shit people are mad about that with only two months notice with the tickets being at the highest price is when the convention drops the bomb about the badges instead of announcing it early so people could purchase them when they were at a lower rate. Con has known about this shit since at least January but now is when they dropped the bomb that is what people are pissed about too
>>
>>9012336
You make Metro look even better by coming in here and flaunting that you're a cast member and wanting to give your opinion about the butt hurt people you sound like an asshole
>>
>>9012874
I'm pretty sure I remember this being announced a while ago? Im not sure if it was in an email maybe, or on the FB page, but I remember hearing about this months ago. I agree, it may have not been so widely advertised as it could have been, but I remember not being worried about it because I already had my pass.
>>
>>9012874
Same anon as above here, and yeah, they announced this months ago, right on the front page of their website. It's still there, too, if you just scroll down, so I really dont see any excuse.
>>
>>9012836
Everybody ignore her so she cries in another video about her not being popular anymore
>>
>>9012949
Link?
>>
>>9012887
That moment when you realize how shitty a shitty con really is. Metro has been overpriced suck for years now. Saving my money for Matsuri.

If I really wanted to go to this shithole I'd just walk in through the fire exit again. Metro security is more interested in looking cool in their kilts and harassing people than doing any work.
>>
Anyone know if there's a lolita meetup for mega?
>>
>>9012876
Here's the reply you wanted.

I'll be an asshole to freeloaders who want to take, take, and take while giving nothing back.

Fuck you.
>>
>>9013322
And this is why Metrocon is getting a shitty reputation. Keep up the good work! You do the gear proud!
>>
>>9013053
>Metro security is more interested in looking cool in their kilts and harassing people than doing any work.
Fucking this they are intimidating assholes who think con security is akin to being a bouncer. They didn't make me feel safe they made me feel like they would just scowl at me or laugh if I had a serious problem.
>>
To be honest the only reason the metrocon situation makes me angry is because the prices are crazy for a con that has literally had the same guest list for years. I don't care about Parle or Scott McNeil or Pikabellchu (how is she still a guest at cons??). I'm going to save my money for another convention instead.
>>
File: 1375903730365.gif (2MB, 460x246px) Image search: [Google]
1375903730365.gif
2MB, 460x246px
>>9013322
>>9013946
>>
So Hioshi is arrested for drugs and sex trafficking.
Deets?
>>
>>9013997
>Pikabellchu (how is she still a guest at cons??)
She has a sweet car. That is the only reason anyone puts up with her.
>>
>just find out about this con
>live only 3 hours away from Orlando
>just lost my job so broke as fuck
>don't know any weebs to hang out with in Florida at all, everyone is up north or on the west coast
>all those guests that I'd love to see at megacon
Fuck what shitty timing for me.
>>
>>9014109
Email
>>
>>9014109
Sorry to hear that bro
>>
>>9014109
Iktfb
Miami here. I guess we have Supercon?
>>
>>9013322
Lol thanks for proving my point
>>
>>9014097
Been there. Seen that. Like everywhere. Is there any con she isn't at? Boooooooooring!
>>
>What days are you going? All 4
>What events are you doing? IDK, Site doesn't have a posted schedule that I could find easily/at all. No clue.
>Where are you staying? Off site, it's a shame they jacked up the Mega hotels to 150 night, so sharing with friends. Coffee machine in the gift shop area. I will be in heaven each morning.
Probably sticking with groups, Friday: Seraph, Saturday: Pokemon, Sunday: Fairy Tail
Friday: Shinoa/Mikaela
Sat: Jessie/Shauna (Sana)/Touko, leaning towards being a villain potentially.
Sun: Lucy- Fairy Tail

I've been playing wow and not sewing anything new, likely skipping costume contests until AFO.

>Biggest relief/Biggest gripe: Megacon badge prices, idk if buying, but will be hanging out. Relief: Cost sharing with the locals, our room cost is $70 a head, 3 nights, yes.

Undecided if I will drive up in my own car, since I want to shoot also, also other girl has been complaining on FB I am spoiling game of thrones despite my labeling spoilers. Megacon is good to hang out, not sure why the passes got so crazy expensive. They seem to think it's Dragoncon.
>>
>>9015578
Just googled for the schedule (me again). http://megaconvention.com/schedule/

Will save someone 30 minutes of life trying to find this thing.
>>
>>9014109
I would offer to meet up with you but I can't go to megacon because I'm a dumbass that forgot to take off of work.
>>
>What days are you going? All 4, I take a mini vacation every year and hangout in orlando.
>What events are you doing? Some panels here and tgere, mostly dealers room and artist alleys. Also probably the annual after hours party.
>Where are you staying? Normally I get a suite with 3 bedrooms and kitchen, but this year I rented a condo with friends.
>What costumes/what days? I screwed around and procrastinated so nothing lined up at the moment...I'll bullshit something last minute.
>Biggest relief/Biggest gripe? Glad to see we can get our wristbands mailed to us now, although the pickup lines haven't been that bad recently. Biggest gripe is how shitty the timing is now, I prefered the con in late February/mid March.
>>
Less than a week now. Is anyone still working on their cosplays?
>>
>>9018672
Maybe that's why the thread was so quiet yesterday? People who start their costumes so late make me laugh.
>>
>>9012277
Non poorfag here. Jacksonville is a shitty town with nothing to do.
>>
Word of warning to all non-Central Florida peeps coming. This date range in Orlando I-Drive is absolutely atrocious. No lie as a resident attending I seriously recommend if you are walking outside the convention to buddy up. Do not go anywhere alone. This is the second worse period of time for criminal activity in the year. Hotels further down I-Drive usually hire off duty cops it's that bad. Please for the love of god do not walk alone to the bars. Especially in costume. No lie.
>>
>>9010373
> tfw moving from jax to orlando in fall
Fuck this city
>>
>>9019007
Seconding this. There were quite a few muggings during last year's mega of people not even in costume and one was violent.
>>
>>9012277
Yea its called St. Augustine
All the "nice" areas are filled with hipsters and hipster bars. The food and music scene is pretty decent but other places are better.
>>
if you see a dude in a blue hakone academy cycling kit, doing ab workouts on an exercise mat. Come do some reps with me.
>>
>>9019538
breh, lets do it, weighted 60 sec planks

also, tfw you never see your waifu cosplayed
>>
File: Senjougahara - 434.gif (2MB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Senjougahara - 434.gif
2MB, 500x333px
>>9019596
Let's get it.

And no, I have and will never see a Senjougahara cosplay.
>>
>>9019007
Thanks for this anon. Orlando is great but there are some seriously unsafe areas and going around iDrive this time of year in costume alone (especially Lolita) is just asking for trouble. I recommend being in large groups and making sure every group member has a buddy if you really must venture out in cosplay.
>>
>>9012336
If you're a cast member can you please explain why your mascots are so tacky this year
>>
>>9020245
No fucking clue. They didn't even do auditions like in years past.
>>
>>9019538
teach me

>>9019993
>muh crab waifu ;_;
>>
File: metropoolparty.jpg (36KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
metropoolparty.jpg
36KB, 540x720px
>>9020247
yes they did! how long can you hold your breath and suck for?
>>
>>9018820
I agree, it's boring as fuck most of the time.

Unfortunately I work a full time job with occasionally 50+hrs a week so I don't have time to go hangout at comic book shops and nerd havens anymore to meet people. Megacon is about the only place I can make time to go be in my element.
>>
File: smile.jpg (13KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
smile.jpg
13KB, 360x270px
>>9020356
Say hi if you see me, anon. I'll teach you the way of the アブ。
>>
>>9020533
What the fuck am I looking at
>>
File: 1432598236732.gif (301KB, 350x464px) Image search: [Google]
1432598236732.gif
301KB, 350x464px
>>9020833
can't wait abu-kun
>>
I only have small details left thankfully so I can sleep soundly. Looking forward to setting up tomorrow. Will anyone else be there?
>>
>>9020245
>>9020247

Mascots are a seperate thing from the shows, they are basically shillers that go around trying to get people interested in going to Metro. They're gonna be at Mega this weekend advertising.

>>9020533
Looks like RJ. He ditched Metro to go be a stuntman in LA. Though I doubt that will go anywhere.
>>
>>9021250
We are setting up Thurs morning instead since it's a late 2pm entry day.
>>
File: Shannon Fazio.jpg (62KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Shannon Fazio.jpg
62KB, 720x960px
>>9020968
Typical Metro party. Get girls drunk then get body shots and blow jobs. And yeah a lot of people have left because of the bullshit. Even Nick's wife is in on it.
>>
See, I really wasn't gonna go, then I realized that fucking FRANK MILLER was gonna be there.

Fuck. Anyone know a good comic book store in Miami? Need to pick up a copy of TDKR soon.

And it looks like it's airbnb for now.
>>
>>9003104
So is there a cgl meet up yet?
Also really feeling that con crunch like holy
>>
>>9021441
Friday 7pm by the dealer's room
>>
Con crunch due to stupidity and family shit got me probably skipping thursday. I would say "yay only need 3 day ticket" but 3 seperate days are more expensive than all 4 rip.

Also who's ready to lobbycon the random halls beyond mega? And is the construction over at occc done? The food court?
>>
Can someone confirm the floor plans for Mega?

My feed is blowing up into the Metro badge drama 2.0, Megacon Edition. Now with more bitching.

Hallconners on suicide watch.
>>
File: 20160525_095506.png (847KB, 1439x1980px) Image search: [Google]
20160525_095506.png
847KB, 1439x1980px
>>9021575
Straight from Megacon's Facebook page.
>>
>>9021575
>>9021602 same anon

I'm more so pissed that the con announced this the day before, most likely all for the money. I could have saved an extra $40 (mine and husband's ticket) on food and whatnot if they posted this policy when ticket prices were announced.
>>
Someone fucking leak the ticket badge already, fuck this new last minute policy
>>
>>9004496

Saturday only

Not sure; first-timer, so gonna explore everything

Local, so commuting

Captain America (TWS)

Wristbands mailed in advance. Not sure about gripe.
>>
>>9019024
Fuck St. Augustine. It may look pretty if you're visiting but it's not a good place to live for a long time unless you're old and retired, or a lazy surfer. I've been living here for over a decade and there's nothing to do, the tourists are taking over, locals are getting shafted, rents are shooting through the roof, the local businesses screw over their employees, meth labs are getting busted far too often for a town of this size, and every job is a dead-end. Everyone I know who has moved here has somehow turned into a person with no ambition. It's like the city just sucks it right out of them after a few months.
It's a lovely place to visit, don't get me wrong, but do not live here. I'm moving to a decent area of Jax soon and I sure as hell will be happy to have good food around and actual things to do. St. Augustine doesn't even have a real comic shop and good bands only come to the Amphitheatre once in a blue moon.
>>
File: MegaTampa.jpg (78KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
MegaTampa.jpg
78KB, 528x960px
>>9021257
so with this announced why would anyone want to go to Metro? this year or ever again?
>>
File: 1463623361646.jpg (148KB, 400x554px) Image search: [Google]
1463623361646.jpg
148KB, 400x554px
Can't get a straight answer!

Anyone know when the Dealers room opens each day, preferably on Thursday????
>>
>>9021383
Don't bother.

He is only signing 20-30 things and its a goddam LOTTERY to get the chance.
>>
>>9022697
Here you go.
>>
>>9022797
whats other side of that pass??
Im tryna shoop myself a pass
>>
File: megacon.jpg (338KB, 1920x1724px) Image search: [Google]
megacon.jpg
338KB, 1920x1724px
all this thread and not even one mention of the main fucking event
>>
>>9022876
Already bought my tickets, I'm so hype.
>>
>>9022797
Much appreciated! Thank you!
>>
File: 20160526_043359.png (524KB, 1440x813px) Image search: [Google]
20160526_043359.png
524KB, 1440x813px
For the people asking, here you go. I only did a little digging but if you can make use of of this pic, go for it.
>>
Bump for pass shooping, can't vector for shit so that picture above wouldn't help if my skills weren't so lame.
>>
>>9023318
Agreed! Where you at vector master
>>
>>9021383
You can pick up a copy of TDKR from any bookstore that carries comics, just go to whatever Barnes and Noble/Books-A-Million/etc is closest to you and there's a 95% chance they'll have it.
>>
MEGACON DAY 0, who here/hype
>>
>>9023185
You're an amazing person thank you, now only to try and see how I can find the right colors
>>
>>9023185
>>9023320
Vector Master save us
>>
Any news on how closely they're checking the wristbands?

And what's going on with weapon checks?
>>
>>9023566
No worries, people are posting them left and right, i hope it works for you guys!
>>
>>9023423
Dealers room, currently checking merch
>>
>>9023423
I've been at booth 659 most of the day. Trying to slowly feed myself since I'm not feeling perfect.
>>
Does anyone know any info on how much autograph prices will be for Ryo Horikawa & Collen Clinkenbeard? Megacon's page has still not updated on their pricing.

And if anyone has visited Adam Hughes, can you please share if he's doing commisions or selling anything?
>>
File: 2016-05-26 19.54.32.png (702KB, 715x719px) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-26 19.54.32.png
702KB, 715x719px
Hears another shot. Vector please!!!!
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-26-20-07-14.png (688KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-26-20-07-14.png
688KB, 720x1280px
This also might help with the logo
>>
>>9023899
>>9023943
I'm all packed so I guess I'll take a crack at it

No promises tho
>>
So what was that big secret that's in the Megacon book that was announced for the 25th?
>>
>>9024014
Megacon Tampa bay I think
>>
File: bad.png (32KB, 3085x209px) Image search: [Google]
bad.png
32KB, 3085x209px
meh
>>
>>9023423
Cap and Bucky here. Any marvel meet ups happening tomorrow on Friday?
>>
>>9023889
Anyone know? Anyone at all?
>>
>>9024042
Hey, that's pretty good
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>9024054
Pls respond ._.
>>
>>9024042
Bless you for this. I'm not going this year but I shared with a few friends. Are you planning on making one for Saturday too?
>>
>>9024063
It's ok for a first try, but it needs work. It doesn't really look like the ticket that was posted in >>9023185
>>
>>9024078
Sorry, probably not. I'm heading to bed. Maybe someone else can give it a try?

I know it's not the best, but if it helps a couple people out I'm happy.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-27-09-45-02~2.jpg (545KB, 1440x2274px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-27-09-45-02~2.jpg
545KB, 1440x2274px
This dude is so desperate. If he wasn't stealing from his job (walmart) he would of been able to buy his ticket. #bangreg
>>
why is this thred so ded
>>
>>9024679
People still waking up. I'm still waiting for a good vector of the day passes.
>>
File: worse.png (68KB, 3085x209px) Image search: [Google]
worse.png
68KB, 3085x209px
>>9024078
different anon, I didn't put nearly as much work into this as the other guy did
>>
Is the official megacon after party worth going to?
>>
I cant find the artist giving out cgl pins for the life of me where u at
>>
Anyone know what some of the prices, autograph-wise, are for the animation guests? I'm looking at Sabat, Rial, Marchi, Clinkenbeard, & Horikawa. Need to know for finances.
>>
>>9024745
I can't find them either. I've asked two volunteers already where they were and they said everything's out of order.
>>
>>9024685
You have to pass through the ticket vendors to get to the dealer's hall, im not sure it's going to work.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3024x3024px
Thank you myfeb :3c
>>
File: image.jpg (341KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
341KB, 1280x960px
Frank appreciates the seagull greatly. See you at metro con?
>>
Who has the good kush and fun animu?
>>
normies pls go
>>
>>9025148
I've got that good kush and alcohol
>>
>>9025239
Excellent. We have wine and leeks. We will be at the meetup at 7 if we can find it
>>
>>9010734
Oh shit nigga, I saw you today.
>>
Where exactly is the meetup?
Outside the dealers room is a little nebulous.
>>
>>9025361
Yea, plus the entire dealers room is being emptied out now
>>
>>9025361
Look for lolitas and diamond dogs flag
>>
>>9025367
This is a tough decision. Take a disco nap before the after party. Or meetup with lolis. Michael Jackson guide me.
>>
Anyone going to the after party hosted by them? Worth it?
>>
I can't believe mega is fucking dead
>>
>>9024800
Monica is $25 for autographs, that includes the stuff at her table and personal items.
>>
>>9025476
Cool, thanks man. How about Horikawa, Clinkenbeard, or Marchi?
>>
>>9025491
I didn't see any of their signs, but I imagine that Clinkenbeard and Marchi have similar prices. As for Horikawa, I'd imagine he's a bit pricier, being a special guest and all.
>>
>>9025493
Ah, ok. Thanks man. I only wanted to get autographs from Clinkenbeard and Horikawa, since I brought things for them to sign. I was only going to get Marchi, Rial, & Sabat autos if I managed to smooth-talk my way into one. I just hope Horikawa isn't celebrity price. If he's Conroy's price range, I can handle that. Anything other than that and it's pushing.
>>
File: megacon sat passes.jpg (318KB, 695x492px) Image search: [Google]
megacon sat passes.jpg
318KB, 695x492px
>>
You have to turn it into a pdf. to print!^^^
>>
Does Megacon have a bar?
>>
>>9025524
Bless you anon. Time to share with some friends.

Does anyone know how hard they're looking at the wristbands?
>>
Hope this helps! Keep it on the down low tho. Enjoy my bruzzas.
>>
File: nsn5Fmx.png (407KB, 851x315px) Image search: [Google]
nsn5Fmx.png
407KB, 851x315px
>Tfw stuck in New York right now surrounded by gangbangers climbing poles and digging holes
>Tfw can't go home for another 20 days
>Tfw missing first megacon

Feels shitty man. But at least I'll have bank to drop on weeb stuff now.
>>
>>9025528
Nah, but clarion's is cheap and good. 4 buck beer.
>>
First time at this con. I love all the comic stuf but everything is fucking dead right now. Where are all the parties at?
>>
>>9025858
saaaame. At least for tomorrow night. Any good plans?
>>
File: ZaoaanK.jpg (471KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
ZaoaanK.jpg
471KB, 2448x2448px
Got a picture with the coolest motherfucker at the con.
>>
>>9025858
are you trying to imply this is you
>>
>>9024689
You're a true nigga
>>
>>9025433
I left as soon as I entered
>>
>>9026134
If they are they are dumb since this photo has been posted everywhere.
>>
>>9023889
Ryo Horikawa's is free (thank god), no idea about anyone else.
>>
>>9026130
Makes the con worth it
>>
Well, the past two days have been pretty laid back. Let's see how crowded today gets.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>9026130

Dude same here
>>
>>9026449

Wow, thanks phone
>>
>>9026130
>>9026449
Yea I saw this guy, I got a giggle out of it
>>
Anyone else artist alleying at megacon and feel like it has been dead?
>>
>>9026545
Exhibitor here. Very dead. Record for worst sales of any convention I've done in the last 8 years.
>>
>>9026587
The only thing I can think is they changed the date, and less people are in town. My friend recommended this show and he pulls 20k norm. Right now I'm at I paid for the booth and that's it.
>>
>>9025367

Howd the meetup go last night? Ended up working late yesterday so I couldn't go.
>>
>>9026652
Yeah, same here. Any meetup saturday?
>>
>>9026652
>>9026663
The meet up got pushed to tonight at 7 outside the dealers room. Too many different schedules.
>>
This line though
>>
>Megaline
>>
Has anyone seen Moonman today?
>>
This Mega feels like Mega when it was in the other concourse. It doesnt feel right.
>>
>>9026802
Yea he's around
>>
>>9026587
Another vendor here. We're doing worse than ever, people just aren't buying anything. Not sure if it's a fluke for this year, or if it's the new norm with Mega Con. We're fighting to decide if we want to bother again next year.
>>
>>9026587
>>9026650
>>9027136
How have other conventions within the past few months been?
>>
Is it true that girls at Megacon are especially easy?
>>
>>9027145
Pls be true
>>
>>9027145
If you have to ask you're not getting any anyways
>>
Is this shit still happening?
>>
>>9027255
Yea, we're looking for people. Look for Lolita.
>>
>>9027258
Got a rough location
>>
>>9027258
I've paced back and forth in front of th3 dealers, no Lolita. Did th3 location move?
>>
>>9027291
We're playing cards against humanity
>>
>>9027307
Still? Upstairs?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Name my band, /cgl/
>>
>>9027396
Faggo and the Nerdlets.
>>
I fucked up at the Speed Dating thing at 5:30 lol
If anyone lurks on 4chan and wants to talk to the silly Rikka from today with the cookies, email [email protected]
>>
File: IMG_20160528_163627.jpg (1MB, 2243x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160528_163627.jpg
1MB, 2243x3024px
>>9027446
Also to go along with >>9026449 and >>9026130
>>
File: littleclap.webm (539KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
littleclap.webm
539KB, 640x360px
>>9027396
>>9027441
I dig it
>>
>>9027396
Dat Boi and the Oh Shit, Whaddup's
>>
>>9027396
The Fuccbois
>>
>>9027139
Last show I did was last year, so it's hard to judge. I norm do average 3k on art and print sales. I'm sitting now at table, gas, and food are paid. If I get the money I spent on invitory back Sunday I will be happy.
>>
>>9003104
I just looked up the prices for sunday just to it up and jesus $40 for one day that's incredible.
>>
Does anyone know the color for sunday?
>>
File: devilish.jpg (47KB, 470x595px) Image search: [Google]
devilish.jpg
47KB, 470x595px
>>9027714
Why would you need to know that?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-28-10-07-37-1.png (576KB, 1080x506px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-28-10-07-37-1.png
576KB, 1080x506px
>>9027714
Gotcha senpai. Found it on instagram
>>
>>9027726
hahaha stupid auto correct on my phone
>>
>>9027725
So i can give one to you senpai~
>>
>>9022578
So, what's up with this? Are they still going to do Fan Days as well and have freaking three Megacons a year?

>>9027136
I thought it might just be me since I haven't done Megacon as a vendor/AA before. I was really surprised with how slow Saturday was and the poor girl across from me hardly has anyone stopping at her table even though I really like her stuff. So far I've made my table, gas and parking. I'm local so I don't do hotel otherwise I wouldn't be seeing any profit I'm sure. My last 'bigger' con I was averaging 2-3k so I am pretty bummed about this.
>>
>>9027726
Pls vector
>>
I live in Florida
What is this shit?
>>
>>9027871
Biggest con in the state. Slowly becoming more and more expensive and less fun / profitable for anyone besides Fan Expo as time goes on. Also I keep hearing it's Stan Lee's last year (?) so they won't even have that going for them anymore.
>>
>>9027876
His last con ever is Nycc of this year
>>
Hey, if you saw me, I was the guy who was riding his bike on a set of rollers doing a Izumida Touichirou cosplay performance. I was retardedly surprised the con let me pull this off in the building.

A bunch of people took pictures but I never really got their info, except for this picture but my eyes are on the rollers to keep myself from breaking my arm in a fall.

Do you have a picture? If so, it'd be awesome if you posted it.
>>
>>9028319
I saw you in passing! Maximum A+ effort, anon
>>
Good morning friends, remember to drink water and do your best :3
>>
>>9027396
gaybin hood and his merry band of memes
>>
>>9027798
I just counted my money this morning and I'm sitting around $4700 and since I make around $3-5k per con, I'm not TOO bummed. I did fly in from another state and it's kind of disappointing since my FL friends told me this con regularly brings in 10k+ profit for them but this year has been really shitty for them too.

I was lucky and ended up on one of the big main aisles but my friends who are stuck all the way near the front are getting next to no traffic compared to my table.
>>
im still here as a shitty hajime hinata

also moonman was at the rave which was pretty funny
>>
>>9028939
The Friday night rave was great fun, how was the Saturday night one?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-29-18-07-56~2.jpg (317KB, 1440x1915px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-29-18-07-56~2.jpg
317KB, 1440x1915px
Omfg this dude right here smelled horrible. Breath smelled like shit and he had a body order smelling like wet dog and piss
>>
>>9029321
Eh, little too much vendetta there, anon-chan. I stood next to him while talking to someone he was with today, and I didn't notice anything at all. There were some funky people at the con, but Yoh wasn't one of them.
>>
Back from Megacon. It was expensive for Saturday and okay overall. Disappointed in con. A cool variety of costumes though.
>>
This was the worst MegaCon ever.
>Literally one person for prop check
>Get told prop doesn't need a tag
>Get told at tickets I need need a tag for prop
>Have to stand in prop check line again for half hour

Never doing this one again.
>>
https://www.flickr.com/photos/sandr0ck2003/collections/72157623477055538/

All my pics for this year.
>>
Way too expensive so I assume that is why nobody was buying anything. Personally, I didn't buy a ticket. Just walked right past security over and over and never got stopped.
>>
>>9028472
> $4700
Ho I made $800 before I take all the costs out. I'm glad some people did well though, even if I'm a bit bitter that I didn't do so hot.
>>
>>9024964
>>9025076
Yaa we will be there and going to pump out so much more stuff.
>>
>>9029263
I went to the sat one, I'm a huge IIDX fan so I loved it
>>
>>9029708
>>9029739
Agreed with this 6th year going but definitely the last for me. It was a complete shit show imo.
>>
>>9029708
>>9029739
>>9029853
>tfw I enjoyed megacon more this year than last year

Of course, I was just going as a casual, so the fact that there was more to see this year (and more importantly, more space in the aisles to walk) was a big positive. Can't speak for what it was like for cosplayers or vendors. Didn't buy shit tho
>>
Soo did anyone hear someone got shot yesterday at the Rosen center hotel? During megacon?
>>
>>9029772
Got to spend 3 days trapped in my booth just to pay for the drive to and from Orlando, an expensive hotel stay and overpriced food. What little I made beyond that wasn't worth the effort and all the wasted time. NEVER doing this con again! And anyone who's even considering Metrocon is either getting one of their under the table discounts or is a complete idiot. I heard nothing but bad about that show, especially for their higher than ever jacked up prices.
>>
>>9029708
There were issues experienced on the cosplay end with security, myself and friends on Saturday. I was in a group. Issues with badge check, getting my wrists and arm sequentially grabbed 3x on separate occasions. I have complained about incidences at this point, mine and others.

>>9030092
Idk, hadn't heard.
>>
Jesus, so much negativity. This was my first con ever and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

My only complaint is that the people I went with were kind of boring, but that's a personal problem...

I didn't have any of these security problems though, I dressed up and everything too.

Maybe it's just because I didn't have anything to compare it to.
>>
There are better cons for cheaper. Megacon was such a let down. It offered nothing. There was not even a game room besides table top... $100 for all weekend got you into the dealer room and that's it. You spent 100 to be able to buy things. Everything else was extra. We joked that it was all dlc. The rave 10 each night.. Kevin and james were photo op only, the only guests I wanted to see. Don't get me wrong I had fun but that was sole because I was with friends n met people who made it fun. Nothing about the con was fun.
>>
My biggest problem was all the "service animals".
I saw two dogs jump at people (one kid) and another not listening to its owner.
There really needs to be a better way to ID the real ones from fake ones.
>>
>>9030330
This is true. Unless you have a big budget there isn't too much past the price of admission. Hell even with.
>>
>>9030161
I signed up for a Metro table, haven't done a FL con before but everyone I know said they've done well. Hopefully it'll turn out better than y'all are saying Mega went...
>>
>>9030330
>>9030360
Why wasn't there a game room? I was mad when I found this out.
>>
>>9030372
There never is. Closest thing you had were some of the booths in the dealer's room showing off WIPs from indie devs and college sponsors.

Oh yeah, and the kid's room. Because playing games isn't fun for adults, buying things is.
>>
>>9029392
I guess he noticed it himself and did something about it.
>>
>>9029772
Last day actually ended up being really busy and bumping my revenue over $6000. I'm so sorry to hear you had a shitty time though, anon. I really think I was in an incredibly good spot foot traffic-wise. Friends said their sales only went up after they were able to move.
>>
>>9030369
Some people are expecting Metro to not be so great because they're expanding the amount of artist tables and moving the AA into the dealer's room so you won't be getting money from all the people ghosting around the con center or families visiting and not paying for panels and stuff. Since it used to be outside in the common free area. But the con is now cracking down on making every aspect of the con behind security and badge checks so a lot of people are pissed and saying they're boycotting and skipping this year.
>>
>>9030717
Every con I've ever been to had one. Like megacon is trying to be the best. But doesn't have a game room? That's one of the most important things. It was pretty much an expensive ass anime flea market
>>
>>9030717
There have been game rooms at Megacon in the past. I can't say for sure last year but I've definitely been to one at the con last year and had people enter tournaments.
>>
>>9030932
Yeah they really should step up their game as far as activities beyond the dealer's room. I've attended for years and it's always felt like a giant flea market. Which doesn't warrant how expensive it is. Like... I'm paying out the ass for the privilege of paying for MORE things?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160530-150023.png (563KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160530-150023.png
563KB, 1440x2560px
It post irritates me. Conventions are for every one. No convention should carter to people who dress up. This guy's ego is amazing.
>>
>>9031086
think you're missing the point of his post. I dont dress up but I agree with what he said. Mega this year was definitely not the same as its been in the past.
>inb4moderatleyokay
>>
>tfw you see the wrist bands posted today and didnt check during the con.

Newfag here do you guys usually post wristbands for Metro / Super/ TBCC?
>>
>>9031111
Yeah. I know what he means. It's not the same because it isn't. But him saying cosplayers need to be respected is ridiculous. I don't go to cons to meet cosplayers. I want to meet the people I watch on tv and make the comics I read. And being in Florida it's a nice change to have more cons focused on celebrities. No its not going to be the same because it's under new management. This shouldn't be news to anyone.
>>
I heard some people got caught with fake wristbands. They started looking under the bands on some of my friends at check points.
I thought the new layout was great. There were no human traffic jams like years passed. They really need to streamline their badge pick up though. Some people waited 2hrs in line for get their pre ordered badges.
>>
File: fgjhfjj.gif (16KB, 142x112px) Image search: [Google]
fgjhfjj.gif
16KB, 142x112px
>>9031155
So, from those of us who have to deal directly with management and took the biggest hit from changes. I can agree that FanExpo needs to rethink its treatment of the convention.

There were a lot of issues behind the scenes, security was just godawful and a vendor had a lot of his shit stolen after hours Saturday evening. So many issues I just cant possibly list them all out here. Vendors have all emailed the organizers with the list of complaints.

The result: a lot of your vendors and artists will not be returning for next year and skipping up to Animazement, Momocon, and Fanime.

Anyways, I caught a nasty case of con-crud and i'm going to return to my death.
>>
>>9031227
That really sucks. For you guys that invest money into getting tables in order to sell there. I hope you'll be at other cons because I would love to support your table. Having stuff stolen is excusable as well as the treatment of people from security.
>>
What probably pissed me off the most was the vendor room closing early on sat. I went to go back in at 6:40 to get something and they told me it had closed even though it didn't close until 7. Security said ,"we ain't finna let anyone else in Cuz we tryn to close on time." Such bs. Never went to another con that didn't let people before closing hours
>>
>>9031256
We will be back once more time since we're local by like, 15 mins. BUT... this con has pushed a lot of the out-of-state talents out and away from returning. They are going to overstuff the AA even further next year and cut our tables shorter into 6ft sections instead of 8. This only makes it harder for everyone to browse and buy/sell.

>tl;dr, if less vendors return, the ticket prices will get kicked even higher to make up for the table $ loss.
>>
>>9031113
Metro security is a joke. They all like to wear kilts and intimidate people and half the time they're drunk or hung over. Buy two badges and do a badge-swap with your friends to get everyone past the check points or find one of the many unmanned exit doors and just let your friends in. If you want to go to the dances you can walk around the building and come in through the loading dock because that's where they all go to smoke. There's no one checking wrist bands and if security says anything you just tell them you're a performer in one of their shows. The dances are kind of lame but theres good action is in the bounce houses. The con has sucked for years now and isn't worth the hassle and price of parking but if it's your thing then have fun.
>>
>>9031273
>They are going to overstuff the AA even further next year and cut our tables shorter into 6ft sections instead of 8
Fuming at this. They already like doubled the amount of tables for this year and half the people who wanted to find me this weekend couldn't. There was no clear way to direct people around, the table numbers did nothing, and I did pretty piss poor sales wise compared to other cons I've been to (when I expected mega to be one of my best cons of the year). They don't need to keep hiking up the price and cutting down the quality of what you get like they're a Disney park.
>>
>>9030762
>>Literally one person for prop check
>>Get told prop doesn't need a tag
>>Get told at tickets I need need a tag for prop
>>Have to stand in prop check line again for half hour

some small dick/lardwhale is jealous
>>
So I'd never been to MegaCon before, and my only con before that was metro, which i had a great time at. Mega felt kind of lackluster in comparison, what was it like before the change in ownership?
>>
File: 1463976202622.jpg (32KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
1463976202622.jpg
32KB, 225x350px
why mega was garbage:
-no game room
-inferior, limited panels
-rude staff closing areas early.
-The entire convention ended each day around 10-11pm.
-No midnight panels, no extended raves despite special guests this year.
-the artist alley location and loss of sales from previous guests who had access to event without a pass
-Re-entry points everywhere, slowing the con down.
-overpriced badges/daily passes (considering the lack of content)

This thread's wristband forgeries and the hotel room parties with friends made this convention fun.

Overall bad experience, never again.

Off to metrocon and dragoncon
>>
>>9031341
Pretty much the same but less expensive and it felt like there was more to do outside the dealer's room (which was also smaller and less of a maze)
>>
>>9031353
>-The entire convention ended each day around 10-11pm.
This. Why close the artist alley at 7 p.m. on a Saturday?! Why no late night events or viewings, and not even a game room for tournaments or anything. Did they have karaoke? A maid cafe? Fun physical activities like scavenger hunts, dodgeball, musical chairs, limbo etc? I don't think they even have a masquerade or skits do they? it's like literally just the dealer's room and getting autographs.
>>
>>9031379
This is what it felt like for me. Buddies and I spent a good 2 hours in the Lego room every day high as shit
probably the best part of the convention
>>
Despite spending 4 hours on Friday and half the day on Saturday standing in lines, it was fine. I was extremely peeved there wasn't any game room, but considering my time was spent doing everything in the dealer's room, I wouldn't have been able to go. I didn't even get to go to Speed Dating, which I wanted to attend since I did well last year at it.

I made out like a FUCKING bandit, but damn, did I feel poor afterwards. Got about 5 autographs I paid for and a free one from Horikawa. Bought 5 art prints from artists I absolutely loved that were there. Too many to make a MSPaint image out of, so just check them out here:
Michael Dooney
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTEyMlg3MjY=/z/S34AAOSw~gRVtSfP/$_1.JPG
http://michaeldooney.deviantart.com/art/Wicked-Witch-OZ-pin-up-262917066
Scott Blair
http://scottblairart.deviantart.com/art/Scarjo-Kusanagi-505403669
Daxiong
http://daxiong.deviantart.com/art/Pamela-Lillian-Isley-377500191
Chasing Artwork
http://chasingartwork.deviantart.com/art/AKU-518253204
Abe Lopez
http://artistabe.deviantart.com/art/Harley-Quinn-Alternate-Colors-548238933

Also got to tell them all about my favorite anime flick in the hopes that they make fan-art of it, because of how little fan-art there is of it.

Met Boner Robin and his wife Raven who ran Cosplay Deviants and took a picture of them. Got Stan Lee to sign something that can be worth something in a few years.

And the best part is I didn't pay for me or my other 4 friends tickets, save for one on Sat. since his broke. Thanks to these brillaint bastards >>9024042 >>9024689, I managed to get us all in and no one checked us (they checked one of my friends, but he was smart and walked upstairs afterwards, where they didn't check him). I'm serious, I would kiss those two anons if I could, since you saved me and my friends $90. I honestly wish I just had more time, since the dealer's room was so fucking huge, it was impossible to check everything out with the limited time frame.
>>
I forgot (and because I ran out of space last post), I also bought a wallet and a movie poster print for Tokyo Godfathers. I was kinda disappointed the guy selling it didn't have any movie prints for Redline, but oh well.

I also managed to compliment all the VAs I hadn't met prior that I wanted to meet on some of their dub roles, because a good majority of them there were in Baccano! and besides 2 people, had pretty much the full cast of Panty & Stocking there. So yeah, fun times. Sorry for the huge blog.
>>
>>9031497
I saw Chasing Artwork's booth and actually remember it. Really cool shit. Wish I had bought it when I saw it, because I've now realized from his DeviantArt that it's not for sale online.
>>
>>9029751
someone I know did that too. Just got off his shift selling real estate and just walked with purpose in a suit and got in no sweat.
>>
>>9031227
I think I'm getting con crud too. Did you by any chance get insurance for your table? I thought it was a requirement this year so I did it, but never got my certificate of insurance even looked at. When my helper and I walked straight through the loading docks without any guards checking badges the entire walk, I was glad I bought it.
>>
>>9031298
They really needed hanging signs with table aisle numbers over the AA. I was trying to direct some people back to MyFebronia's table and the best I could do was motion in a general area and say "go over there"
>>
File: tumblr_mcj76a6wKF1qc2j40o1_500.jpg (28KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mcj76a6wKF1qc2j40o1_500.jpg
28KB, 500x446px
>>9031556
No, the insurance was mainly to cover Informa's ass if something happened between you getting stolen from/your display injuring someone. We knew it wasn't necessary.

Yea, the AA tables needed to be aisle #'d the same way that the vendor hall was. I didn't even see your table when i took an hour to look around! Sarah and I wanted those sweet chocobo blind boxes...

I am dying here, head feels like it's gonna explode. Need to work on shit for CEO. Cold pls no bully.
>>
>>9031509
He was the only one I couldn't talk to about my favorite animation movie, because he was PACKED. Serious, when I went to buy from him, he had like 10 people all around his booth buying stuff with just him by himself. Couldn't even get him to sign my guidebook or take a picture of him and his booth, which sucked.
>>
>>9031353

I was pretty bummed that Saturday didn't really have anything special to go to (not that it mattered for me cause I had work in the morning) but I also thought that last year had a lot more of a better quantity of good cosplay whereas there wasn't that many this year to me. My brother was pretty disappointed that there wasn't a gameroom and I was annoyed that the tickets were really expensive from previous dates
>>
>>9031552
I was wearing jeans and a button up but close enough I guess. I am really glad I didn't shell out fifty bucks a day for it, but I still had some fun.
>>
>>9030717
There was DEFINITELY a game room last year, and it was great. It had a bunch of old arcade cabinets and pinball machines and it was always packed. Did they not have it this year? (I didn't go this year)
>>
>>9029739
>>Have to stand in prop check line again for half hour
I always get everything that could ever be called a weapon checked at all cons.
Even a flagpole and fake banana I keep holstered.
>>
I had a great time, didn't expierence any of the crap that people are tlaking about at all.

When i walked up Thursday and saw that first security guard I said to my wife, "shit this is gonna suck. Watch them be fucking aggravating, ugh."

Instead it was pleasant, opened the fkin door for us even and then put our bands on for us loose after we told them we were there for 4 days and didn't like to sleep in them. The old guy handling the lines at the anime panel area for Wasabi Anime, that guy was pro and amazing. He was super nice and always cool. The security guards at the reentry upstairs coming from chapin theatre, fuckin pro I even had a conversation with one and she was fkin hilarious. The prop check security guard by the rosen center bridge was cool, she put the yellow string shit in an obscure spot on my wife's staff because "I know you need to take your pictures and some peoples don't like them in them". Good fucking lady.

The dealer room was huge and had some good shit again like always. The voice actor panels were great, hilarious.

My two cons would be the artist alley being full of random crap junk. What passes for fkin art now a days is crap. Along with the printed pictures being sold with no commissions because you obviously can't make what you sell.

The second con was the food. It sucked more then last year and was even more expensive. $19 philly cheese steaks... Thats beyond highway robbery its straight up forced anal sex at the register.
>>
>>9031497
The game room was W307C or D
>>
The only thing that made me raise an eyebrow this weekend was a couple AA booths that had blatant fetish stuff like feet and pony scat.

Whatever floats their boat I guess.
>>
>>9030092
I heard someone got run over. Because it was at the shitty crosswalk from hotel to garage and there was a car stopped and the drive was blocked and people being questioned. Friend who went down before me said he saw someone on the ground
>>
Mega's after dark events have always sucked or been nonexistant. Literally all the attention to moshi moshi. There definitely used to be a game room with competitions. Hell dance central used to be open to play in the lobby.

Thing i hated the most besides what everyone has said was only letting vips use certain skybridges or the walkway to the second floor. I understand they wanted traffic control but fuck making like 90% of the crowd go down and walk around
>>
So that Megacon TampaBay announcement was pretty sudden. Think it will be better than Metro? Worse? or are both terrible?
>>
>>9032552
Both will be shit. There's really no such thing as a great con in florida
>>
>>9031281
>tfw there's only you and another friend going
>>
>>9032552
Apparently they are planning 3 events each year, the last being in an "undisclosed location". Please don't let it be Miami. Megacon sucks and we don't need that shit down there.
>>
>>9032391
>The second con was the food. It sucked more then last year and was even more expensive. $19 philly cheese steaks... Thats beyond highway robbery its straight up forced anal sex at the register.

At one point I was like, "If I'm going to be paying more than 10 bucks for a tiny sandwich I may as well just walk over to one of the hotels and have something made by someone who gives a shit"

So I went to the Hyatt and got a huge sandwich with a ton of meat and smoked gouda with a bag of chips for $10. Next year I'll probably just go all in on the hotel restaurants if I'm gonna get hosed that bad.
>>
>>9032901
New Thread
>>
>>9031086
Lol this guy and his retarded eyebrows always has some ego dick sucking thing to say. I still can't believe he judged at at a miami con with how shitty his costumes are half the time. Just shows you efame will get someone with no talent anywhere now
>>
>>9032703
>Apparently they are planning 3 events each year
Fucking why. Florida is already oversaturated and nobody wants the same con three times a year. Money grubbing canucks.
>>
>>9032703
With animate and magic city comic con moving to ft lauredale, is it bad that I want another con in Miami? I have to drive so far to go to any con nowadays
>>
>>9033430
Same, I'm hoping Ultracon or Mizucon can get their shit together so there's something closer than ft. Laud. Leaning towards Mizu doing better since last year was like a small improvement
>>
>>9012836
She was only a guest because shes friends w/ IvyDoomKitty.
Im guessing the rest of the local "cosplay celebs" either mooched off others booths and acted like they were guests or bought a pass. Megacon doesnt waste time with their bullshit "fame"
>>
>>9027798
>>9022578
Its becauae tampa bay comic con was starting trouble so they want to run in their building to destroy them.
Same reason supercon has 3 events every year to monopolize the south florida market and keep other cons from doing well.
>>
>>9033417
People do it for supercon. We may not be idiots but theres alot of people with alot of money that are.
>>
>>9033430
Ultracon is moving to the MACC so its all good
>>
>>9034401
I've been to that event and its aiiight. Wasn't really impressed
>>
>>9034406
true its a small con but if more people go theyll have more money to actually be good one day and I'm all for supporting the underdog.
>>
>>9034569
I agree, which is why I'll probably attend Mizu as well. But it wasn't the smallness that turned me off, I just thought Ultracon was a little disorganized
>>
So who's going to Kira Kira Pop?
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.