[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wig Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 103

Didn't see a wig thread in the catalog, so here's a new one.

Pic related, is there any other good source for lacefront short wig besides Arda?
I am not in US or Europe so I wanna check my other options before committing with the expensive shipping.
>>
>>9000025
Wigisfashion have good lace fronts, though the caps of their wigs + hairline is occasionally a bit oddly shaped.
Color.salon on ebay are pretty good for natural wig colours.
>>
File: PS0-R1-1-10x15_wat.jpg (242KB, 1000x1510px) Image search: [Google]
PS0-R1-1-10x15_wat.jpg
242KB, 1000x1510px
Speaking of lace front wigs.

Apparently epic cosplay has a sister site called posh posh wigs that sells lace front wigs. Though the selection is just a couple styles atm.

I'm wondering if they ship out of the same warehouse since posh posh says they're located in socal too.
>>
Um, is cosplay-laurawu still trustworthy? Haven't bought from them in a while and I remember others having good experience with them, but their ranking seem to have tanked for some reason?
>>
>>9000032
Link? Googles not giving me anything.
>>
>>9000549
Ignore. Did the sensible thing found it by reversing the image.
>>
>>9000028
How are wif's non lace fronts? I'm looking at them for a long curly wig, but not sure how the fibers stack up. Are they good, or is it just that their lace fronts are cheaper than Arda?
>>
>>9001524
Small, thin. They're the same ones as all the kawaiitrash girls wear, all brought from the same wholesaler.
>>
>>9001524
Not sure about the long ones, but I've a short one which is... Really weird. The front is super thick but the back is almost thin enough to show my hair. The fiber itself is nice but the construction is. Eh. If you don't really care it's alright I guess? Also the fringe was like, down to my jaw before I cut it.
>>
File: Ryuko_(16).png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ryuko_(16).png
1MB, 1280x720px
Has anyone got a recommendation for a good Matoi wig like pic related?
All of the ones most stores sell use blue instead of black and it looks ugly against the costume.
I don't mind about thickness, I can always add extra wefts, it's just the colour I'm bothered about.
>>
File: wig.jpg (541KB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
wig.jpg
541KB, 1067x1600px
Anyone know what shop (ebay or whatever) that I can buy a good knock off white rhapsody wig?
>>
any good recommendation for Widowmaker? Dying to find the right color..
>>
File: IMG_20160102_220454.png (317KB, 652x571px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160102_220454.png
317KB, 652x571px
Ah yes, a wig thread. Just in the right time I needed one.
Can someone throw any tiny bit of advice on how to tackle this?? (see pic related).
I was thinking of getting a blonde wig and paint the portion with an orange Posca/paint-based pen but honestly I don't trust that plan, the paint can crack up easily and make a mess.
The fact that the ombré effect is in the middle makes the task a thousand times more difficult.

>>9002590
I think the best would be to get a medium length wig, red wefts, and build your own. After all, it's mostly handiwork, even if it's one of those ugly blue/red pre-made ones, since you still have to cut it in shape and keep it all up and spiky after all.
>>
Any recommendations for huge-headed Eurofags? Adding that last bit because Arda's shipping is 2/3rds of the order itself, even at cheapest. Not looking for anything specific, but a general wig shop with a decent range?
>>
>>9002627
So, a couple of Taobao stores have already tackled it (see below) and their solution seems to be ombre the middle and lower levels, weft the top. If you put a gun to my head and forced me to make my own Freyja wig, I'd hold a blonde wig upside down, isolate the under-most layer of fibers, and dunk-dye the bulk of it. And then add blonde wefts at the top. Fortunately, I'm not going to be butchering wigs any time soon, because I cosplay Kaname.

https://world.taobao.com/item/16609590717.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.q0JtH1#detail
https://world.tmall.com/item/531518845432.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.q0JtH1&skuId=3169350290376
https://world.taobao.com/item/530171329182.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.q0JtH1#detail
>>
>>9002621
fuuuck, I totally forgot those chara ref sheets existed, thanks anon I love you
sage for ot, sorry I can't help
>>
>>9002596
wig-supplier/l'email

>>9000032
>pishposhwigs.com

I got excited about this until I actually visited their site. Two styles (short or medium-short), $70 per wig, and next to no color selection. Some of them look nice but the dark roots mean that most of these can't be worn with cosplay. I'm not surprised that they're marketing themselves as drag wigs, but Epic Cosplay really needs to get their shit together if they're trying to keep up with demand or compete with Arda's selection. First they released a line of "fake lacefront" wigs that looked awful, and this new partnership isn't offering anything useful unless you get really lucky and need one of their 6 non-ombre colors.
>>
File: honeytxt_large.jpg (44KB, 321x480px) Image search: [Google]
honeytxt_large.jpg
44KB, 321x480px
>>9000025
anyone know where i can get a wig like lockshop's mermaid in honey? they've been out of stock for ages and i haven't come across anything similar.
>>
>>9002666
my friend has one for sale!
>>
>>9002666
my bad, she sold it
>>
Any suggestions for a nice voluminous hime wig? I'd prefer it not be too expensive but if I have to pick price or quality I'll just have to bite the bullet and order something expensive.
>>
Any tips or tutorials for detangling long spiral curl wigs like lockshop mermaid (I can't remember the name specifically, it's very long spiral curls)
>>
>>9002666
it's in stock on the US website.
>>
File: il_570xN.924727486_2jgl.jpg (43KB, 570x377px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.924727486_2jgl.jpg
43KB, 570x377px
I'm excited, I just bought Dreamholic's The Boleyn Girl in Chocolate. I just got my hair cut short today, too, which makes wig-wearing a lot easier (but I also just like short hair).
>>
>>9003237
Hope you get lucky and don't get a defective wig like the last few anons who ordered from Dreamholic did.
>>
>>9003155
cyperous seems to be the brand everyone on here swears by for hime wigs, apparently if you take care of them properly they can last years and years too
also this is probably such a newfag question (i used to be a regular here in the 2011-2013 era but ended up not browsing here much recently), but does anyone have any tutorials or advice for taking care of wigs? last time i used wigs i didn't take care of them at all because i didn't know how to maintain a wig properly and they became matted awful messes that are unsalvageable. my own dumbass fault, of course, but i'd like to do better in the future
i'm asking /cgl/ because i trust your collective level of wig knowledge, especially for things like a hime wig which seem like more effort to maintain properly and a normie might give me bad advice on taking care of one
>>
>>9003254
Fingers crossed. I'll let you guys know when I get it. It's my first time ordering from them, too.

What was the problem with the other wigs, if you know? I browsed the reviews (specifically for that particular style), and they were all 4 or 5 stars.
>>
>>9002663
I worked for epic around the time they pushed in those fake lace front wigs. My coworkers and I tried to push the owner to do some actual lace fronts to compete with arda.But yeah, we got those instead. Now they finally bring in some lace front wigs, and they're just bleh.
>>
File: Sigma Phi.png (508KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
Sigma Phi.png
508KB, 600x849px
Suggestions for Phi? I've never bought a wig that short before.
>>
>>9003237
What's the hype about dreamholic, if I may ask? From all the reviews and photos i've seen, the quality seems just like any other decent taobao brand.
>>
>>9002621
https://arda-wigs.com/shop/jeannie-classic/
Try that one in Dark Blue or Raven.

>>9003283
https://arda-wigs.com/shop/hansel-classic/
https://arda-wigs.com/shop/jett-classic/
https://arda-wigs.com/shop/benny-classic/
https://www.epiccosplay.com/apollo-13-spiky-layered-white-short-cosplay-wig.html
>>
>>9003297
It's my very first time ordering from them, so I'm not super versed, I just hear them recommended very often (I also like the very fluffy, airy look of that particular style). They also have an etsy shop, which makes it very easy to order from them.
>>
>>9003276
I think the last few anons who ordered said the wigs were really thin and too small for their heads, check the archives for specifics maybe?
>>
Are there any wig sites that also sell clip on ponytails? I'm thinking about cosplaying Inko in the future and a wig/clip on ponytail combo is what was suggested to me. I'm looking at Arda and is a ponytail wrap the same thing? Are the colors in their photos/swatches generally accurate? This is my first time buying a wig...
>>
File: GreenMom.jpg (62KB, 627x627px) Image search: [Google]
GreenMom.jpg
62KB, 627x627px
>>9003409
dropped my pic
>>
>>9001524
Pure fucking shit. I was so angry that I paid 36 bucks for one when I could have gotten a lace front for just a little more. They refunded me 30%, but that's still too much. Shiny fibers, thin, limp, and my hair shows in the back. It's literally the worst wig I ever bought. I bought one of their cosplay wigs years ago and it was awesome so I am really annoyed this is what they've turned into with their non heat resistant wigs. I bought a wig for 15 shipped on eBay from a random seller that was way nicer...
>>
>>9003355
Thanks for the info, anon! I'll definitely report back on how my wig is after it gets here.
>>
>>9002655
Freyja anon here. Thank you so much for all the advice and the links, though I doubt I'm gonna get any of those (maybe the 1st looks best? Volume and shape is ok but colour...ehh idk man) unless a better option doesn't come out in the next month, or if I don't figure out a way to make my own. I'm not too much in a hurry to cosplay Freyja, but it would be cool to get advantage of the colder months here (southern hemisphere heh) for the Windermerean outfit.
>>
File: char_116427.jpg (18KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
char_116427.jpg
18KB, 210x240px
Anyone recommend a wig on the cheaper side that i can use for Giorno Giovanna? Looking for something cheaper cause I'm scared of fucking up something that i actually got spend some money on
>>
Any suggestions for thick, long(90cm) wigs? Preferably wavy or heat resistant so I could curl it myself.

I was debating the Arda le tigre silky line, but was worried about the fake-looking shine effect and thin fibers most people were complaining about.
>>
>>9004428
try epiccosplay
>>
Not sure if this would be the right thread, but does anybody know a good place for quality clip-on bangs?
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 534x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 534x800px
I need a wig like Marty in a light grey but without the widows peak (how the Marty's originally were made). Anyone have suggestions?
>>
You're going to have to trim the lace anyways, just cut it off to a rounded hairline. You can pull any stray hairs out of the lace from the back, they're not knotted very well.
>>
Anyone knows the frequency of Arda sales ? I missed the last one.
>>
What's a good site to get good quality clip on bangs for daily use?
>>
>>9004833
You don't need to ask the same question somebody else asked literally four posts above you.
>>
>>9004653
You can just trim off the widow's peak you know. I did that with my Marty.
>>9004833
>>9004507
Arda and Epic cosplay both have clip on bangs.
>>
File: photo.jpg (111KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
111KB, 900x900px
I really fucking like Melanie Martinez's hair. Anyone know where I can get some good split tone wigs?

Google only shows me ugly wigs
>>
>>9004930
Not really. The cap is built in with a V shape in the front and if you trim off the widows peak it'll show.
>>
>>9004653
Anon I have a Old silver marty I want rid off. It's brand new with all the lace on and everything. Shade lighter than you want but if you want it reply with a throwaway email.
>>
>>9005790
If you were willling to spend the money (I mean in the end you'd end up with two wigs anyways, I guess) you could just buy two of the same in different colors and use Arda's wig splitting tutorial to sew the two back together with split colors.
>>
>>9005790
WIF has some. Even full fringe lacefronts in this style.
>>
File: 1453015785748.jpg (15KB, 404x309px) Image search: [Google]
1453015785748.jpg
15KB, 404x309px
>>9005816
>WIF
Thank you so much
>>
Any anons bought from pinkage before? They have some cute stuff but idk how the quality shapes up
>>
File: $_57.jpg (87KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
87KB, 800x800px
Does anyone know who the real supplier of these wigs is? I want the white one and didn't want to buy from any random aliexpress seller.
>>
>>9005801
[email protected] , send me some pics? interested.
>>
>>9005800
Strange, I rounded/trimmed mine and it was fine? Not showing or anything
>>
>>9003272
Why does no one have lolita specific wig care and styling resources? This is something I have been trying to find for quite awhile, too. I don't even wear my wigs much because they are becoming a bit tangled and when I try to fix it, I mess up the curls
>>
>>9003272
Damn, they seem to be sold out of every colour except brown. Thanks anyways, anon.
>>
>>9005892
looks like designs ripped from an old GLW style that i believe was discontinued. I remember seeing that blue and pink blend on the site years ago
>>
>>9000032
yes they are stored in the same warehouse, they just made a separate site for the lace front wigs to make a "specialty" site
>>
So I got my hands on the guide that Disneyland/Disney World uses to make Rapunzel wigs for their character performers. Other than Arda and Epic, are there any good shops that sell wigs in different styles/lengths but the same color, and also matching wefts and clipons? eBay or Taobao preferred but I'm open to anything so long as the quality is decent.
>>
Is Lucaille any good? i've heard very mixed reviews, but some of their wigs seem to look very nice
>>
>>9006422
Oh, thank you! I was trying to find an alternative to GLW's prices, but it seems it's impossible for this style. Thanks!
>>
>>9006437
Can you link the tutorial? I think your best best bet would be going to Taobao and finding a store with a consistent line of wigs. I can link some later.
>>
>>9006601
I've personally bought from them multiple times before and loved it. Sheds a bit when you comb it, but the fibers aren't too shiny.

Keep in mind that some wigs aren't prestyled and it's a hit or miss with color sometimes.
>>
>>9006787
Thank you! If it's something you don't mind sharing, which wigs have you bought?
>>
>>9006770
I would actually need to send it to you since it's a PDF. Throwaway email is up above. And thanks, if you could do that I'd appreciate it!
>>
>>9002648
How huge are we talking about? I'm also a eurofag and 56-57 something.
>>
Any recommendations for a good Elsa wig?
>>
>>9002648
Coscraft are okay, their standard ones fit me alright with a 23.5 head +waist length hair. Bit snug but I won't die. Take a paracetamol before hand.
Can't say anything for their lacefronts though.
>>
File: Green.(Pokémon).full.875163.jpg (200KB, 500x900px) Image search: [Google]
Green.(Pokémon).full.875163.jpg
200KB, 500x900px
pic related, is it possible? the wigs i've seen look pretty awkward
>>
>>9006601
Short wigs are great, long wigs get really tangly compared to other brands because the type of fiber is a little stiffer, more like Arda than Epic. I have their Nozomi wig, their Kayano wig, their Kashima wig, and a long split wig for Monokuma. They are all not shiny, quite thick, and have flattering colors. The Nozomi wig is getting pretty gross despite my efforts to maintain it. The Monokuma wig is a little shinier, as their fashion wigs are slightly worse and from a different factory, but it's still pretty thick. The curls are holding up well after three years.
>>
>>9006426
Wait, this isn't a partnership and epic is responsible for manufacturing these styles? To target cosplayers?

What a massive miss. Seriously, whoever is in charge of their marketting and/or product ordering needs to be replaced.
>>
File: wig.png (11KB, 504x334px) Image search: [Google]
wig.png
11KB, 504x334px
i had to draw a pic, anyway, need help finding a wig like this? when i search it up i get pieces with long hair only.
i'm looking for a dark brown with short hair
>>
File: nyey.png (13KB, 657x479px) Image search: [Google]
nyey.png
13KB, 657x479px
How does one go about this? I have regular straight twintails and I would like them to basically defy gravity. Do I need very strong hairspray or should I go with some kind of a diy route?
>>
>>9008073
try arda, they have short wigs and curly clip in ponytails

>>9008116
you're probably gonna have to make a core in the shape you want and then glue hair all around. there are tutorials out there. hairspray isn't gonna hold that much hair.
>>
>>9008134
Damn, thought so. It sounds so scary and I'm afraid I'm going to ruin it, but I'll go find some tutorials I guess.
>>
>>9008139
I've seen plastic from water bottles used with good results, think about it
>>
File: buum.png (20KB, 1054x370px) Image search: [Google]
buum.png
20KB, 1054x370px
>>9008232
I'm more worried about gluing the hair. I don't have wefts as such, I just have two ponytails and I don't know if I should somehow cut them up or if I could just put the base "inside" the hair and glue the hair to it without any cutting.

As far as making the base goes, I was thinking of doing it like this.
>>
>>9008379
http://ichigokitty.com/tutorials-and-tips-for-cosplaying/big-drill-wig-tutorial/ I found this for you, you seem to have the right idea
>>
>>9008381
Nice, thank you very much.
>>
File: eg0q1ez.png (330KB, 471x467px) Image search: [Google]
eg0q1ez.png
330KB, 471x467px
am I a piece of shit if I completely nail a cosplay but use a different wig? It's the right color but different style
>>
File: Takumi_portrait.png (500KB, 523x670px) Image search: [Google]
Takumi_portrait.png
500KB, 523x670px
Help me out please, I have no clue on what this hairstyle is called but if one of you can help me point out a tutorial to create this or what this hairstyle is called (the spiky part), I would greatly appreciate it.
>>
>>9008587
forgot the link to the wig
http://smile.amazon.com/Rbenxia-Cosplay-Straight-Resistant-Costume/dp/B00WM4G3I0
>>
>>9008587
>no clue on what this hairstyle is called
A ponytail. And if you didn't know that then this wig is too complicated for you. Do not attempt
>>
>>9008554
>completely nail a cosplay
>inaccurate wig

It's a fucking twin tail wig. It's not like it would be hard to find. If you are pressed for time or cash and can't get it, that's fine. Wear your shit anyway and have fun, but your wig will still be inaccurate. Try again next time.
>>
File: Takumi_artwork_1.jpg (43KB, 599x634px) Image search: [Google]
Takumi_artwork_1.jpg
43KB, 599x634px
>>9008587
It is legit just a ponytail hairstyle. The spikes are just what happens when you have layered hair, it's even in his concept art. Like the other anon said probably too complicated if you can't figure that much it
>>
>>9008607

I'm not cosplaying that girl, as I am a large man. that was just a general question.
>>
>>9008626
You're a big guy?
>>
>>9008134
I tried arda but the curly clip-ins have way too much volume lol

they don't seem to have much in the color Chocolate either, but thank you though anon! much appreciated
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1334x750px
I've got an arda Marty and need to somehow make this style work. I have experience ventilating but that's about it. So. Uh. Any suggestions?
>>
>>9008795
>make this style work

Anon, correct me if I'm wrong but that looks like th Marty already? What is your issue?
>>
>>9008818
Not them, but probably the thing in front. I'm thinking they could do it like an ahoge, but I'm not sure how attachment would work.
>>
>>9008634

For you.
>>
>>9008837
>>9008818
Yeah I mean the front bang. The widows peak on Marty is way too short.. a Cady could do it but I'd rather not spend more on a new wig.
>>
>>9008867
Ventilate some wefts into the front, but have the hairs going towards the hairline (the front of your face) rather than away from it, then style it?
>>
>>9008795
So.... ventilate it? I don't know what else you're looking for desu, you clearly need to ventilate some hair into there and then spike it.
>>
Does anyone know how to find or style a wig to fit a smaller face?
>>
>>9008795
>>9008818
>>9008837
>>9008867
>>9009033
>>9009038
I honestly thought that thing on this forehead has a horn. I didn't realize it was part of wig you were trying to style.
I'd get some fibers and ventilate it then, that's about all you can do, unless you think you can pull off just sewing some in behind the lace front and pulling them forward into that bang-thing.
>>
File: 11498-29186257.png (459KB, 975x590px) Image search: [Google]
11498-29186257.png
459KB, 975x590px
im really new and am wondering how id go about getting a wig that looks something like this

thanks in advance! sorry for being clueless
>>
File: 1463535924824590.png (34KB, 158x183px) Image search: [Google]
1463535924824590.png
34KB, 158x183px
Do you reckon i could use any short black wig for this or would i be better off trying to find an ego style wig

Any suggestions
>>
>>9005800
You can cut them pretty close and get a mostly straight hairline with some lace even at the very front. Or get a Cady and trim it, I guess.

>>9002648
If you want something that's do-able with fashion wig styles, New Look has bands on par with Arda, decent fiber (though not heat-stylable sadly), and they've been around forever so I bet there's a Euro distributor somewhere.

>>9006601
I've got their Yamatonokami Yasusada wig, which is decent fiber though I wish the color was a little darker, and then a friend got their Rise wig, which is really nice - super-thick. The fact that their prices include the ponytail clips is nice.
>>
>>9003272
>>9006415

It's gonna be more or less the same as taking care of any other wig - I can't speak to styling, but for care, comb it out after every wear. If it's got tighter curls, you're best off separating each lock and combing them individually to keep the curl shape, but if it's just wavy, you don't have to worry about it as much. You can save really tangled/frizzy wigs if they're heat-resistant by carefully picking out the tangles and then tugging them just a bit as you flatiron, so the fibers straighten out, but you'll have to recurl after.
>>
>>9003237
I ordered the same one, except in linen whitegold. I'm really pleased with the quality, it's very soft and doesn't seem to tangle easily. The only concerns are the bangs being a little thin, and I can see some fit issues if you have a bigger head.
>>
File: isthattheiractualhair.jpg (146KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
isthattheiractualhair.jpg
146KB, 1000x667px
Any recommendations on which wig to use as the base for my Giorno Giovanna? Go for a longer wig and cut where necessary and reuse locks for hair buns or go for a shorter wig and use extensions?
>>
Asked a question then promptly forgot this thread existed, whoops.

>>9006938
I think with my hair pinned up I manage between the 58-60 cm range depending on how sloppy I make the pinning. Huge head + lots of hair, eh.

>>9007097
>>9010638
Thanks anons, will look into those!
>>
>>9006601
They are my go to for super specific character colors and gradients
>>
>>9010137
Buy a normal wig with medium length and cut it yourself or ask a friend. The style is quite simple
>>
File: hairref.png (690KB, 600x655px) Image search: [Google]
hairref.png
690KB, 600x655px
I'm in need of an opinion on wig color!
I want to cosplay pic related, but his hair color is... interesting. Its really white in direct sunlight, but brown/blond in lower lights.
Any opinions?
>>
>>9012789
Buy a white wig and dye it lightly with very watered yellow?
>>
>>9012792
yeah, that's what I was thinking too.
just wanted to see if anyone had anything else before I went too crazy
>>
>>9012789
>cosplaying this fuckface
jk anon, post some pics in the progress thread when you work on this.
>>
File: epic cosplay nyx.jpg (59KB, 280x420px) Image search: [Google]
epic cosplay nyx.jpg
59KB, 280x420px
How well do Epic Cosplay wigs dye? And what is the best method to dye them? I want to get EC's Nyx/ Pesephone in the purple black fusion even darker.

>>9010040
I thought it was too, anon.
>>
>>9003409
>>9003413

If you're new to wigs, a base/clip combo probably is your easiest bet, yeah. I would personally recommend something like these two, and seeing if someone can help you cut the bangs and trim the tail to length.

>https://www.epiccosplay.com/theia-20-forest-green-long-straight-cosplay-wig.html
>https://www.epiccosplay.com/20-forest-green-wavy-curly-ponytail-clipon.html

>is a ponytail wrap the same thing?
Not quite.It's meant to add length or volume to an existing ponytail.

Also, if you're any good at learning from pictures (or if you can read japanese?) I'd suggest giving this a look over

>http://classewig.com/wig/blog/?p=1366
>http://classewig.com/wig/blog/?p=1343
>>
>>9013003
I've dyed a wig from Lucaille that uses something like the epic fibers. As long as you bring the water to the activating point for your synthetic dye (very important) it should take really well.

In fact, your main problem is going to be making sure it doesn't come out black entirely; black idye poly is strong shit for sure. Grab some color samples from them and cut them up into multiple shorter swatches. Start with quick dunks, and work your way up in 5 sec increments. I wager you'd get almost a true black in as short as 30 secs.
>>
File: aq008no1.jpg (99KB, 559x746px) Image search: [Google]
aq008no1.jpg
99KB, 559x746px
So I have a question for those who've bought from Brightlele. I'm thinking of buying their clip-on bangs in black but I'm afraid they might be too shiny. Are they shiny in person or do they look natural and not too shiny?

I bought some cheap clip-on bangs from eBay and they're shiny as hell.
>>
>>9013926
Thank you very much for this, this is super helpful.

I'm cosplaying Rei Hino, and her hair is (or at least in the old anime) is like black with purple highlights.

I might buy some wefts from them to test on since i want to see the condition of the fibres and how they'll behave (i think samples might be too small to see how the fibres behave).

Though again thanks so much for this, i had an idea but yours is 100 times better, thanks again.
>>
>>9003465
I just got some dreamholic wigs and they are really nice and I'm actually thinking of ordering the style you're getting since they gave me a discount code for my next purchase. I would love to know if it's the same quality! I'm a bit confused about people saying they aren't very good when the ones I got are so nice, maybe they just had a bad batch?
>>
>>9014616
protip: you can make shiny wigs less shiny and more real looking by powdering them with baby powder
>>
I got this nico wig and was thinking of doing a Nico R63.

How could I modify it to still be "Nico" without being too fruity? Maybe styling it like Shuuya Kano from KagePro?
>>
File: tumblr_nh6b6ctycF1qbqs26o3_500.jpg (61KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nh6b6ctycF1qbqs26o3_500.jpg
61KB, 500x458px
>>9015556
As reference here is how his longer side bangs is styled.
>>
>>9013003
Epic wigs dye pretty nicely in my experience, I've dyed a pink wig of theirs darker in the past. I used a sythentic dye (i-dye poly), and when in doubt good old Sharpie/FW Ink mixed with rubbing alcohol is a pretty good bet. I think their website even has some tutorials on it. Just be careful because a lot of black inks and dyes aren't REALLY black, but if you're just trying to darken a little bit then you should be fine.
>>
File: 09434567.jpg (75KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
09434567.jpg
75KB, 600x600px
>>9015556
>>
>>9015733
Okay, thank you for the advice! I'll be sure to look at their posted tutorials along with others. Thank you.
>>
>>9008028
>product ordering

Well, that was the owner last time I checked so.....
>>
File: LuffyImage.jpg (119KB, 934x878px) Image search: [Google]
LuffyImage.jpg
119KB, 934x878px
Can I get a good recommendation for a good place to start for a wig for Luffy? I've never worn a wig and I'm gonna have to talk to someone to help me style it. I don't mean to sound like I need spoon feeding but I'm not even sure where to start without looking at horrible party wigs from ebay or aliexpress (which I've already done and they all look terrible. Most likely due to the fact that I was looking for something prestyled).

Also probably a stupid question, but would it be weird to ask someone as a salon to help me style a wig?
>>
>>9002621
EpicCosplay's Blue/Black fusion maybe?

It's a bit light, but it's close
>>
File: 714F4KQtitL.jpg (249KB, 812x1200px) Image search: [Google]
714F4KQtitL.jpg
249KB, 812x1200px
I want to do Marie-Joseph sometime this autumn but the shaved side is giving me hell. I've think of couple options:
1. Sweep my own (also blond) hair to the side so it looks shaved and continue on with a wig like in this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUC1mh-2Bzw
2. Put on a bald-cap and fake a shaved-looking side on it, then somehow attach a full wig on top
3. Get a shitty side-shave wig and use it as a base
4. Shave my own goddamn side for real and continue with a wig like in method 1.

Any opinions? Shaving my own side would obviously produce best looking results, but my hair is long and I'd be willing to cut it as a last option only. I want to do the character justice tho.
>>
>>9017506
Ah, Innocent doesn't get enough love imo. I'm glad so see someone take on Marie. Option 2 seems the most practical. Try to stay away from using your natural hair since she her hair has so much length and volume. Oh, also, her hair is actually styled into a mohawk. I thought it was only shaved on one side too, but you can see that both sides are shaved when she turns her head in different directions.
Post progress pictures if you get the chance! Good luck, anon!
>>
File: marie.jpg (510KB, 1040x603px) Image search: [Google]
marie.jpg
510KB, 1040x603px
>>9017506
YES, Marie! Depending on which outfit of hers you plan on doing, she does style her hair differently so you could use that to get away with something a little bit easier to wig. (pic related, it's a little less apparent that she's got a mohawk/looks longer on that side)
Personally, I think the style in the picture you posted would look best with option #4, but I think #3 may be the more convenient option since #4 is a little extreme.. You may be able to combine the sides of couple short/side shave wigs so that no wefts show through, or you could add additional wefts. I think it would look fine even if the sides of the wig end up a bit longer than in your reference.
Alternately: pre-haircut Marie.
>>
File: l010.jpg (424KB, 430x1327px) Image search: [Google]
l010.jpg
424KB, 430x1327px
>>9020218
>>9020512
Thank you for your input anons! Glad to see some love for Innocent. Since each of you suggested different methods, maybe I should try both #2 and #3 and see which works better. Bringing my own hair into the mix is a bit inconvenient. This cosplay is going to eat up a shit-ton of money either way, so buying a couple different wigs ain't gonna hurt too much. My wallet will end up crying anyway.
For the outfit I'd like to do the Sanson family executioner jacket which pretty much means that pre-haircut Marie is out of the game unfortunately. As much as I would like to do older Marie, I'm probably better suited for her younger version as far as facial structure goes. So crazy mohawk it is.
>>
File: COS-043A.jpg (55KB, 640x484px) Image search: [Google]
COS-043A.jpg
55KB, 640x484px
So my friend bought a similar wig to pic related for me (but a bit darker). What character can I use for this? Not teto though...
>>
File: toomanyredpigtails.jpg (100KB, 855x960px) Image search: [Google]
toomanyredpigtails.jpg
100KB, 855x960px
>>9021435
Too many to list. Just look up characters with red twin tails. You can restyle the bangs as necessary and possibly straighten the clips. In fact, any character with short red hair would also work since the twin tails are clip ons. You have hundreds of options.
>>
Can anyone recommend a good wig for Madoka that isn't in that awful milkshake pink?
>>
I'm currently working on a Ciel Phantomhive wig but I can't work out how to get the hair to fall into the right 'chunks' like pic related.

I've got Got2b Glue and when I try it (On a different wig) it makes the ends look really obviously glued because the tips go all dark and lank, yet leaving the wig as-is just looks like a floppy mess.

I've got some got2be glued spray too, I'm wondering if that will have the same effect or not. I'm currently testing it on my test wig but it hasn't dried yet so I'm not sure if it'll stay dark.

Anyone have any advice/ideas as to how this has been achieved in the picture? It seems like in any wig ref I find there's no obvious signs of how they got it to hold shape.
>>
Newbie looking for advice:

What are the chances this $8 wig isn't total garbage? Anyone have experience with this seller? I want the wig for cosplaying San from Princess Mononoke, so I'd be trimming it up a bit. It's my second cosplay ever so I don't have a lot of experience with finding legitimate sellers, and I'm working on a tight budget.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381634404718?var=650721220233&item=381634404718&_trksid=p2056016.l4276
>>
File: tumblr_nynzfwBa051ujamaho1_500.gif (1MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nynzfwBa051ujamaho1_500.gif
1MB, 500x282px
>>9012789
>Cosplaying original version and not the HW version with the useless eye bandage and beefy thighs in leather pants
Bruh
>>
>>9025558
Wigs that cheap are usually that cheap for a reason, and usually that reason is very thin fibers or they skimped on the amount of wefts.

I've heard another Seagull say they got a decent wig from them before, but it wasn't amazing quality for the price or anything. If you're willing to potentially get a cheap, thin wig that doesn't 100% match the picture, I'd say go for it, but if you're thinking you're going to get something even moderately great for that price, I wouldn't bother.

Try CosplayDNA or Laurawu_123 if you're looking for something on the lower end as far as price. I have experience with both and I've bought several from CosplayDNA.
>>
File: madoka.jpg (423KB, 838x1124px) Image search: [Google]
madoka.jpg
423KB, 838x1124px
>>9021582
if you're alright with styling, i'd recommend epiccosplay's princess dark pink curly clip wig. that's what i used and i think the color is pretty nice. pic-related
>>
>>9025636
Thanks anon, I really appreciate the tips. I'll think over it for a couple days and explore my options. If I end up going for the cheapo I'll report back with pics of it if this thread is still up.
>>
File: 1460139094707.png (104KB, 180x208px) Image search: [Google]
1460139094707.png
104KB, 180x208px
How is Lucaille with shipping? Do they usually deliver by the early or late estimate (or do they usually go over their shipping estimate)?

Or would it just depend all on location?

Pic somewhat related, its my first time ordering from them.
>>
cgl, do you guys know any sites that sell clip in wigs? taobao or western are fine.

i've been googling and looking, but pretty much all results turn up clip on extensions,
>>
>>9025740
Can you elaborate, do you mean wigs that have the clip/combs on the inside?
>>
>>9025746
yup, that is what i'm looking for yeah.
>>
>>9025756
I know more expensive wigs usually have them (lacefronts, daily wear) but usually you have to sew them in yourself if its a more cheap wig for cosplay.
>>
Question for those who have tried it- I recently heard about using a silicone spray to keep longer wigs from tangling and making them easier to handle. Has anyone tried this? I don't really trust someone on Facebook just dropping a link and leaving, especially if it could damage my wigs.
>>
>>9025810
Saw that too and I'm just as suspicious. No direct link to the product or further explanation? I mean silicone spray could mean a lot of things, like spray lube or defrizz spray.
>>
>>9025810
Personally i use a diamond oil spray, but the wig requires washing after every wear.
there's also motions oil sheen that a lot of cosplayers use.
>>
File: peter why.png (289KB, 454x410px) Image search: [Google]
peter why.png
289KB, 454x410px
I'm doing a Disney group cosplay for AX(with a Tink and Wendy)and I have no idea which colour would look best. Pic is from the cartoon movie and one of the Disney face characters.
>>
>>9026244
personally I am a fan of the lighter color, but depending on how cartoony you want to look the darker one may work better. Plus, I am fairly certain his hair is supposed to be a reddish brown anyway.
>>
>>9026286
Thank you! My group is leaning towards the one on the left as well.
>>
>>9010696

Oh hey! I'm the Giorno on the pic you posted, thank you for using me as example! I made the wig with this base: http://www.ebay.it/itm/80CM-32-Long-straight-Cosplay-Fashion-Wig-heat-resistant-40colors-/111335093259?var=&hash=item5f88f7fd56 in linen blond, if you want I can explain you how I styled it too.
(Pic related is the "improved" version I did for a commission)
>>
>>9025810
It is an ancient trick that works. It leaves your wigs a bit shiny and oily though
>>
File: red robin 2.jpg (34KB, 280x540px) Image search: [Google]
red robin 2.jpg
34KB, 280x540px
Anybody have advice on a wig i should use for the New 52 Red Robin? I'm not sure what to buy rlly
>>
>>9027182
Ahh, so it's the good old motions/silicone lube trick? She made it sound like it's some magic brand new trick that didn't make your wig greasy.
>>
Apologies for the dumb question, but I'm buying my first wig.

Both characters I want to cosplay have long black hair, but one has hime bangs and one has no bangs. Is it possible to bobby pin hime bangs aside to look like there are no bangs? Will that look stupid?

I'll buy two wigs or a bang clip if that isn't possible.
>>
>>9027961
Can you post pics of the characters? Just from your description though, it would probably work best to get a bang clip. Unless one of the characters wears hairpins there anyway, it's not going to look like bangless hair, it's going to look like hair with bangs pinned back.
>>
>>9027236
Look at arda's selection of lacefronts (and their video on them, they have a youtube) The picture in the thread OP has arda's marty, if you remove/trim the widow's peak it could work pretty well for Red Robin.

Pic related, Arda-wig's "Marty" in natural black, it seems that currently natural black and black are on back order, though.
>>
For temporarily holding wefts in place before sewing them, would gel super glue or fabric glue be okay to use? Most tutorials use hot glue or some sort of caulk, but I don't have that, and I just want something to hold them better than pins before securing them in with thread.
>>
File: gamagori.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gamagori.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
Iso an Ira Gamagori wig. Any help appreciated
>>
>>9029545
See >>9028418
>>
>>9029552
muchos gracias, saw right after posted. Hope it fits my head alright, I got a big noodle
>>
>>9012789
Uh, it's just a matter of lighting. His hair isn't actually changing colors or tinted, unless you are seeing something I am not. You need to do the roots but that looks like it, to me at least.
>>
>>9002627
finish styling it and then if you have one, use an airbrush with createx paint
>>
>>9026388
>those stray hairs everwhere
>that amount of hairspray
>those temples
your wig looks crunchy and messy as fuck
at least you got the shape pretty well, but the rest is sloppy
>>
>>9025691
I've never had shipping issues with them. They're pretty good about estimates unless something happens on the destination country's end like USPS being retarded and holding something in customs for two weeks due to laziness.
>>
This may be a stupid question, but how do you know what wig color will look good on you? Is it like makeup where you want to match the undertones of your skin?
>>
>>9032114
Kind of. I'd order a color ring from Epic or Arda, and spend some time holding up the samples to your face. Even if you don't regularly order wigs from them, you'll start to get an idea of what colors work on you and what don't-- doing that with an Arda sample ring taught me that wigs with cool undertones wash me out really badly, which helps me when picking wigs from other shops sight unseen.
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 225x349px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 225x349px
Super new to wigs, this will be my first time styling one on my own. How would you gulls go about doing this? And are there any lace fronts that can be pulled up into pigtails like this? I know arda has the Chibi, but I really don't like how fake the hairline looks on the sides.
Related, this character canonically has bright blonde hair, almost a yellow. However, I look super bad in that type of blonde. If I went with a more natural blonde (thinking Arda's fairy blonde), would i be laughed at? I want to feel confident and choose a shade that works with my skin tone but I don't want to be made fun of for not having the same bright blonde she has.
>>
>>9032794
wear what suits you best, many cosplayers adjust their wig color to their skin color rather than being too accurate. the result has to look good in the end.
i think this question already came up in the idol thread regarding matching red wigs for a character, the general understanding was that matching it to your look was the best option as well
>>
>>9022549
Use thinning sheers to cut the bangs into spikes, then arrange the bangs correctky and hair spray the. After you put it on.
>>
I just bought my first lacefront, a Cady from Arda. Any tips I should know about wearing this kind of wigs ?
>>
File: harumichi1_zpsw8mwjtga.png (1MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
harumichi1_zpsw8mwjtga.png
1MB, 1024x576px
I'd like to create some poofy-ass 90's bangs for my Michiru Kaioh/Sailor Neptune wig but I'm still debating how about want to go about it as I've never done anything remotely like this before. I'm thinking of using rufflebuttcosplay's poofy bang tutorial with heat, hairspray and school glue but I'm not sure if this is the best method for my end goal. Can anyone provide some insight on how I should do this?
>>
>>9029830
Arda's wigs are big for that reason, so you should be fine.

>>9031451
Thank you, anon. I placed an order from them about 4 days ago and only got my receipt (but then again it was a holiday weekend and i'm paranoid)

>>9032794
Agreeing with what >>9032801 said. About the hairline, usually front and back lace wigs/ whole lace wigs are good for ponytails, but they're usually expensive.

>>9033139
Arda wigs has a youtube with tutorials, here is their poofy bang tut;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YdC88Tf-9M

Also technoranma/quantum destiny has a 50+ min video about how they style their wigs, it includes time stamps in the video description;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWPgK3oJWEU
>>
>>9032712
Thank you, I'll give that a shot!
>>
>>9033424
Would it be possible to take an arda Chibi and make it have a lace hairline myself? It would take a long time, but in theory could it work?
>>
>>9000025
I just ordered through Lucaille's English site- does anyone have any info on how long China air mail shipping from them usually takes? The details on the site are pretty vague (from 15 to upwards of 60 days)
Just curious if anyone else has used the same method and has a time frame. I'm in Aus if it helps!
>>
>>9034260
IMO you could do it. You might want to cut away the wefts that wrap around from under the wig cap to give a smoother transition, but I don't see why it wouldn't work with a lot of patience.
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (28KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
28KB, 500x500px
Is there any wig store that sells especially nice pastel multicolor wigs? I'm looking around for OTT sweet wigs that aren't going to be cheapy quality, so I can look marginally less tacky
>>
>>9034263
The coding and poor English on the site are so frustrating to navigate through. I gave up on Lucaille before I even started, and this is coming from a native Chinese speaker. Please tell me the site is legit.
>>
>>9004701
Well, they have a Black Friday sale every year without fail.

I think the others might be random but don't quote me on that.
>>
>>9034260
Agreeing with >>9035112 But it would take a very long time.

Here are some arda tutorials about changing parts and creating them, not sure if it will help but here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or8LXSHG2aM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjG4bMDTTZI

>>9032972
Tips:
>Put it on with a clean face, before make-up
>get rid of any excess oils from the wig area with rubbing alcohol/witch hazel
>try out different methods of keeping the wig glued down (spirit gum, lace glue, wig tape etc) and see how long it lasts
>try out different methods on how to clean the lace of adhesive

Hope my tips weren't shit
>>
>>9036200
>>9035112
Would it be a better idea to get a lace front and alter it into a pigtail wig? Sorry if I'm asking dumb questions. I just have no idea what I'm doing
>>
Anyone ever bought Love Live wigs from Ghost cos on Taobao? Are they thick and good quality?
>>
How does Lucaille compare to Arda? I just need a straight black wig with bangs for my Tomie cosplay next year and Arda is constantly sold out of the one that I want. Are Lucaille wigs just as thick/full? That's what I love the most about Arda so I want to have something comparable and it would be nice to have a second option.
>>
I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall with ponytail wigs... Idk why, but most of the characters I want to cosplay either have a ponytail or an updo of some sort.

I can spike a wig.. I can sew wefts.. I've made a pretty decent Sailor Moon wig. But for some reason, I really cannot make a decent ponytail-style wig look good on my head. It always comes out looking like a helmet.

I've used Arda's Jeannie with both wig cap sizes and have even adjusted them (this helps a little).

I have issues getting the ponytail not to look messy, even if I go slowly putting it up and do it in layers and fitting nicely on my head.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong or tips that you've had success with? Pic related is my next attempt.

Thanks anons <3
>>
Has anyone ever bought from KasouCosplayWigShop on Etsy? Thinking of buying one of their shorter wigs.
>>
>>9036200
Thank you ! I just got an email saying it had shipped, can't wait to receive it
>>
The back of one of my arda wigs is losing its curl. What heat should I re-curl it on/should I not use heat?
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 640x722px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 640x722px
Im having a bit of trouble on how to go about styling this wig, not sure if I should buy a wig that is pulled up and flip a ponytail clip to it or buy a long wig and pull it up(opposite direction of the wefts is what Im afraid of, it looking bad or seethrough)

I'm ok with cutting and styling a wig, but I've never worked with wefts and feel like I'll mess up a good wig attempting to practice making/applying/sewing them, any help?
>>
>>9036313
Since she has her hairline showing i think it would be helpful, I have two Matildas and the hairline actually goes past my ears (i have a picture if you want). But parting the back will show the lace and wefts but arda has tutorials for this as well;

The wig used in this tut isn't a lacefront, so if you got the lacefront route it will be mostly work on the back and the back part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KemOsOqCtUA

They say that you can do this with high pigtails as well, but i'm not too fond of the end result, but it could help you anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHPwYlWAWhM
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 450x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 450x675px
Pic related, my friend gave me this wig but I have no use for a red wig. Will dying this wig into black be possible? I don't want any red undertones to show through the dye job.
>>
I'm looking for a pretty long blonde wig like the picture but I cant seem to find a trustworthy site to buy it from. Any suggestions?
>>
>>9037610
Thanks anon! One last dumb question and then I'm done I promise. With lacefronts, can the hair be pulled forward for bangs? The only photos I've seen of lacefronts have the hair being pulled back and away from the face.
>>
>>9038454
arda?
>>
Is there anyone that makes a true pigtail wig with thin pigtails other than Arda's Chibi? I don't like their fibers but I need a wig for characters without giant banana twintails.
>>
Hey anons!
I was wondering if anybody had any "search term" or wig suggestions for Taobao to look for a wig I could possibly use from Ryoma from Fire Emblem Fate. Lacefront isnt needed because I'll be wearing the facemask thing anyways, which hides my hairline. I am using the google translate method and looking up stuff on my own too, there but any help would be vastly appreciated since the ones I found so far wouldnt really spike well. I was thinking of going only up to shoulder lenght rather than the full lenght like in the artworks. If I can'td find anything, I still have backup options from Arda, but I'm just generally looking for something cheaper.

Thank you!
>>
File: ryoma.png (213KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
ryoma.png
213KB, 475x475px
>>9038847
Pic didnt attach.
>>
>>9038796
Would Epic Cosplay's Gaia style work?
>>
>>9038790
I'll look there, thank you!
>>
File: 1393701112235.gif (983KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1393701112235.gif
983KB, 500x364px
>>9036576
You're welcome, i hope it gets to you fast!

>>9038789
Yes you can, best results are with heat, make sure you're careful around the lace though, Arda's lace is rigid and may melt if it gets too hot.

Good luck anon, i hope this helped in any way.
>>
How good are AOI cosplay wigs? I'm looking specifically at pic related for my Ayase Eli cosplay, the color looks pretty but I never bought from this seller before and I need it to be thick enough to be able to braid it without the wig cap showing.
Any other good options on Taobao?
>>
>>9038913
np. I have their venus-wig, it's nice and thick but like longer wigs usually do it tangles fairly easily.
>>
>>9036419
No, Arda is really quite thick, so Lucaille is going to be nowhere near as thick as that. It's decent though, definitely not thin, and as far as their daily wigs are concerned they're really silky without being shiny. I have a brown wig for lolita that barely tangles, I just need to finger brush it. On the flip side I also have a curly cosplay wig that tangled quite badly so it is going to vary a bit.
>>
>>9039138
thanks, anon! I guess I'll just have to keep an eye out so I can order as soon as they restock. I might try Lucaille for a basic/ non-cosplay related wig
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (146KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
146KB, 1920x1080px
Does anyone know of a good wig that could go with a Junkrat cosplay I'm putting together? Also if anyone had any ideas for simulating the sparks/fire that would be great, besides just painting orange bits on I suppose.
I'm not that great with cosplay, but this is the first one I really want to pull off. My hair's pretty dark brown so I don't think dyeing will work out well.
>>
>>9039418
To be completely accurate you'd need a lacefront wig with an extreme widow's peak and a bald cap, which isn't really a project for an amateur (I'm assuming that because you're asking for wig suggestions in the first place). You can buy reasonable widow's peak wigs with lacefronts from Arda that would be acceptable (in my opinion) if you don't want to take up the task of ventilating a wig. You could also put some lightweight LED lights in the tips of your wig for the lighting effect, possibly attached to hair pins or just glued right in.
>>
>>9039432
Alright. Yeah I am a complete amateur, this is just the first time I've really wanted to put together a costume of something.
I've seen the Marty Classic on Arda seems pretty much exactly what I'm looking for, but it's on backorder at the moment. I'll definitely look into attaching some LEDS aswell.
Thanks.
>>
Does anyone have any wig or style recommendations for sassy fran? It doesn't look like arda or epic cosplay carry any flippy wigs, and I'm hair style illiterate. Thanks in advance!
>>
Anybody have a clue how I should go about doing Erwin's hair?
>>
>>9036313
Recently I've done some ventilating as well as wefting in a back part on a wig. There are pluses and minuses to both.

Lacefront pros: Less finicky detail work, sewing in wefts is easier than ventilating
Lacefront cons: you'd need relatively more wefts to work with, you have to be careful the wig can still fit on your head in the end, it's easy to get discombobulated pulling up lots of hair at once

Pigtail wig pros: you need less extra fiber, you're altering a relatively smaller part of the wig
Pigtail wig cons: ventilating can be tricky to get the hang of if you're not good at detail work, you have the initial investment of wefting lace and hook, you have to be very mindful of your hairline

In the end, either are doable, it just depends on your preference. Personally I'd go with ventilating a pigtail wig, but I find mindless fiddly work like that very relaxing, another person might find it very frustrating.
>>
>>9039116
I have their Kotori wig and it's probably about twice as thick as my other taobao wigs, it's a little ludicrous. As long as you're not doing a crazy crown braid or anything I'd say they're a good bet for a wig like that.
>>
>>9041063
Thank you! Yes, I only want to braid it for the new years kimono cosplay, and other than that I want to use it normally.
>>
Thinking about using the Arda Jeannie for a character that needs a bun. Beyond probably needing to thin it out first, is this a good idea or should I choose another alternative?
>>
I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask in this thread as well. >>9042188 Is it okay to reuse dye pots for cooking, or is it necessary to buy another one?
>>
>>9042198
I think it would be better to buy one (goodwill and secondhand work fine) but i wouldn't say its absolutely necessary, just depends on your personal comfort level
>>
>>9039179
You can put in backorders with Arda so it'll ship when they restock.

>>9038789
Yeah, but you may end up with a weird part-line. They're wefted to be pulled back from the face, not forward for bangs.

>>9042198
Yeaaah, get a used pot or something just for dye. The dyes for synthetic fabrics have a really strong smell and tend to leave residue that's near-impossible to scrub off, and I'm pretty sure anything that'll change the color of what is basically plastic is not good for your insides. Or use the sharpie/acrylic ink method to dye the wigs instead, those don't need a pot.
>>
I'm having trouble finding a good long straight wig in the color I want. And if I find a suitable color, they don't have it in the style.

I'm lost gulls, any advice? Pic related, trying to match either the artist work or Gyarados's trihorn
>>
File: xeno crop.jpg (67KB, 385x460px) Image search: [Google]
xeno crop.jpg
67KB, 385x460px
I fully admit I bit off more than I could chew with this wig. This was my first attempt at styling a wig beyond trimming bangs and it was quite the learning experience. One of my largest mistakes was starting with a shitty cheap wig, I ended up buying Arda's longest wefts and hot gluing them in like a madwoman.

I really want to do more with this costume in general and add more elements that really scream Alien, while making it look like a generic sexxxxy costume. Is there anything I can do to save/elevate this wig, or will I have better luck starting over with a good wig this time? and if I start over, are there any tips that might help making things easier/look better?
>>
>>9042403
>madwoman

Ow my patriarchy
>>
>>9042403
All this work just so you had another opportunity to show your tits around.
>>
File: Wig.jpg (291KB, 1065x799px) Image search: [Google]
Wig.jpg
291KB, 1065x799px
>>9025636
>>9025680

$8 wig anon here. Got it in the mail (pretty dang fast). Doesn't look like a terrible wig to me, from an inexperienced perspective, but is a couple inches shorter than it was supposed to be and too small for my head.

The seller sent me a message telling me to let them know if I was displeased with it when I received it, so I contacted them to see if they want to toss me a refund.

Having a huge head and long hair makes wigs a literal headache.
>>
>>9042198
You really should not. Dye can give off strong fumes already depending on what you use (I wouldn't dye around pets personally), and leaves a very noticeable resideue on pots. Ingesting those chemicals is pretty unhealthy so it's really worth the $5-$10 bucks to get one from goodwill or the dollar tree. It's also convenient having a huge 20qt soup pot because it means your stuff is less likely to tangle vs a small pot.
>>
>>9042403
I mean, I like the concept but you need to make it look more like Giger's Alien. Think about the nodes and structures on its head. It's hella complicated, I think a predator wig would be easier or maybe an alien queen wig
>>
>>9042830
I have given this some more thought and considered what is sexy about the alien.

>Weird semi organic semi metal shit
>slimy like the sex juice
>dildo head
>claws
>fucking tall and menacing

Regarding the wig you could make some funky braid shit but if you want it to look good it's gonna take more than one try.
>>
File: addtext_com_MTQzMDQ2MTEzMjk.jpg (36KB, 385x460px) Image search: [Google]
addtext_com_MTQzMDQ2MTEzMjk.jpg
36KB, 385x460px
>>9042403
>>
File: my10thpassedhairstyle1.jpg (129KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
my10thpassedhairstyle1.jpg
129KB, 1600x1000px
Does anyone know or have more information about this kind of style? The site I found it from is full of broken English and nip and I'd really like to use this for a wig. But I have no idea where to start.
>>
File: FEF_Takumi_My_Room_Model.png (196KB, 394x607px) Image search: [Google]
FEF_Takumi_My_Room_Model.png
196KB, 394x607px
so this wig is throwing me for a loop a bit. i've decided to dye an arda jeannie for it (i've not seen anyone get his hair colour right so far), but i've never used one before cause i live in england and shipping is fucking expensive. will there be enough hair in the base wig to use to style the spikes on top of his ponytail and then use the clip underneath or do i need to get some short wefts too? and how would i go about dying both the base wig and ponytail clip, i've never dyed a wig before so i can't really make a judgement on whether or not it would be best to do them together or separate.
>>
>>9043676
not the best pic as a reference for the style sorry, but it's the same as >>9008587
>>
This thread is very helpful, and I'm searching a technique to put the hairs in the wig-cap. I try to do 2 french braids and pin them like a structure for crochet weave but it was to big, so I try with 4 french braids but it didn't work too, I also try to put them in crown shape before pin them in spiral . my hair length is above my bottom( 73 centimeter from my scalpe), I'got a lot of hairs and they are thick but hopefully I'v got a fringe .
>>
>>9043659
That doesn't look like a wig in the pic you posted, that looks like one of those beauty school heads that have hair coming out of it (i'm stupid and can't explain it right)
>>
Is there any wigs for nozomi tojo that don't look like utter shit like most love live ones? Also looking for a sakuya Izayoi touhou wig that isn't horrible quality.
>>
>>9043690
Nah, you're right- and I know. I just wanted to have an idea how it even works in order to at least try and emulate it.
>>
>>9042830
>>9042889
This is all excellent advice, I think you're right that braids are the best way to get that biomech aspect of Giger's design without it looking a hot mess. I've considered trying a more Queen head shape, but I thought doing something more like an Elizabethan standing color might be able to closer emulate the shape. I have a lot of work to do to get something that screeches xenomorph and not CHECK OUT THESE TITS
>>
>>9040981
I'd say to purchase an arda magnum and just spray the ends up a bit more?

Amphigory has a "flippy" wig called Uma 1450, but not in orange.
>>
>>9043732
Latex gloves could do the trick for those arms
>>
>>9043772
Thanks for the advice!
>>
File: sheetadetermined.jpg (99KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
sheetadetermined.jpg
99KB, 1280x800px
So I am starting this cosplay of Shitta and I thought i had one of my old wigs that i could used and it turns out it is missing. Any suggestions that are cheap and will get here pretty soon (before july). I dont need arda quality, but decent ebay/taobao quality is ok
>>
>>9038333
You would be better off just getting a black wig. Even if you get the plastic wig fiber to accept color, it will probably bleed color all over you/your costume/anything you touch.
>>
File: bun.jpg (30KB, 335x335px) Image search: [Google]
bun.jpg
30KB, 335x335px
Can someone give me some advice on what to do for Mei's bun? I've got a ponytail wig with an additional clip on ponytail but I'm wondering if it's possible to to make it loop in the right direction like that. Should I just buy one of those fake bun things and put it over the preexisting ponytail? I was intending to use the clip on ponytail to to hold up the hair stick, since mine's pretty heavy.
>>
>>9044936
Do us all the facour and don't cosplay at all, fatty.
>>
File: pixlr_20160608232736184.jpg (1MB, 1215x2499px) Image search: [Google]
pixlr_20160608232736184.jpg
1MB, 1215x2499px
(I hope you guys don't mind a self post on this thread) but I recently bought a really nice quality wig for cheap. If anyone is looking for a nice cheap dark brown wig, this is the one I have https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008GR4L18/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_a_it?qid=1465446592&sr=8-1&keywords=MelodySusie

I've cut it (pretty crappy honestly) but wore it out, nobody knew it was a wig, even my dad thought I dyed my hair. It's not shiny at all. I haven't tried Arda or anything so I couldn't tell you how it compares, but it worked really well for me. I hope this can maybe help someone out.
>>
>>9045232
At least us fatties get more than you, salty bitch <3
>>
>>9046420
quality over quantity, bruh. one 8/10 chad is still better than one hundred 1/10 neckbeards.

and to stay on topic, can anyone comment on the sizing/quality of lapin d'or wigs?
>>
>>9008116
are you cosplaying ebola-chan?...
>>
Any wig recommendations for Sora from Kingdom Hearts?
>>
Hi! I'm
Looking for a high quality sailor Neptune wig. Any suggestions?
>>
File: Risewig.png (493KB, 1061x543px) Image search: [Google]
Risewig.png
493KB, 1061x543px
What would be the best base for Rise? Because of my skin tone I'm going for Mahogany, which limits my selection by a bit. But I don't know which base to pick between the two. I'm not so much concerned about how the back looks, just the front.
>>
How do you transport styled wigs on a plane/train/bus? My idea is putting it in a cardboard box while on a wighead and putting that box in a bag so I can take it with me, could that work?
>>
File: tumblr_o14ik4fxNR1r7cn9co1_1280.jpg (385KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o14ik4fxNR1r7cn9co1_1280.jpg
385KB, 1080x1920px
>>9047034
honestly, i feel like neither of those would make a really good base for rise because the part in her hair is so prominent. have you checked out epic's pre-parted pigtail wig to see if there's a color that would suit your skintone? that'd look best
>>
>>9047034
maybe the longer? more to work with
>>
>>9047043
I think so. There were multiple wig sellers at Acen and I can't remember which I checked out. Arda seemed the most promising. Is the picture you posted using Epic's?
>>
>>9047069
i'm pretty sure she's using a chibi, i was just suggesting epic because you seemed to have exhausted your options with arda
>>
File: Rikku_in_battle.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Rikku_in_battle.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Hey guys. I was wondering if Arda's Chibi would be modifiable into a single ponytail? It looked like my best bet for Rikku (pic related).
>>
>>9047091
Epic only has a dark chocolate kind of dark brown and normal brown but the wig+clip set seems a better deal than what Arda is offering. The Chibi does seem promising though. I'm concerned about the large/small cap size difference.
>>
>>9047124
They have a style called a Jeannie that has a single ponytail; why not use that?
>>
Are there any good wigs for daily wear? My hair has fallen out due to chemo and I want to at least be able to wear a wig in work so I don't bother any customers or kids

Bonus points if they're not too expensive so I can buy a bunch of styles!
>>
>>9047347
If you mean like lolita wigs Purple Plum is good. Or just find a beauty supply that sells normal stuff if you don't really want anime hair.
>>
>>9047351
Any type of wig is fine I just don't want to be one of those people who have to struggle with 'itchy' wigs after chemo

Purple Plum seems to be pretty diverse though so thank you!
>>
File: 1421043322977.gif (989KB, 499x447px) Image search: [Google]
1421043322977.gif
989KB, 499x447px
>>9047347
Damn anon that sucks, i hope its helping at least. I'm sorry you have to go through that. Agreeing with >>9047351 Also look at lacefronts, since they don't have a blunt edge like most cheaper/cosplay wigs do

>>9047356
I think most wigs are going to itchy to some degree, unfortunately.
>>
>>9047347
Dang anon. I hope the chemo works. *hugs*
>>
I use this thing to help keep my wigs on and from them scratching my for head. Perhaps it could work to hold a thin beanie in place to wear a wig comfortably? https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01EGP08Y2/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?qid=1465516756&sr=1-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&dpPl=1&dpID=41LRz-YPz9L&ref=plSrch
>>
File: Canary-Piece1.jpg (148KB, 850x590px) Image search: [Google]
Canary-Piece1.jpg
148KB, 850x590px
Hi i'm trying to style this wig, i bought an Arda Chibi and a Long weft, i was planning to make the bun then sew the weft in for the pigtail part but i'm having trouble, any tips or advice?
>>
Anyone have a wig recommendation that can get to the usa within 5 days for an adult Kafei (Majora's Mask) ? Thanks.
>>
File: image.jpg (484KB, 2448x1546px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
484KB, 2448x1546px
okay. so, sorry for the photo, writing helps with this shit. and the eraser was dead.

really fuckin simple question. is this the right order. for the steps i should probably take.
>>
File: kenstar_by_kenstarplz.png (36KB, 374x374px) Image search: [Google]
kenstar_by_kenstarplz.png
36KB, 374x374px
Any good recommendations for Kenstar from Girlchan In Paradise?

thatexplainseverything
>>
Does anybody have any recommendations of how to put up long hair (about waist length) under a wig cap? I try to even it out, but always end up with a huge lump somewhere under the wig, which makes it look awful.
>>
>>9049686
Try braiding it?
>>
Is there any way to get a high ponytail like this without using natural hair + extension? Arda's ponytails all have bangs and I don't want it to be bunchy in the front.
>>
>>9049796
Use a lace front and then pull back into a ponytail how you would any other wig?
It'd be a lot more expensive but the only way to properly do an exposed hairline
>>
>>9049796
>>9049799
Lacefront + putting wig in high pony tail + sewing on additional wefts upside down to hide the places where netting will show.
>>
What does everybody recommend for natural, lolita-appropriate wigs? Don't want to deal with Lockshop, GLW is supposedly overpriced for the quality, and I recently got a Dreamholic wig (the Boleyn), which was alright except for the bangs which were far too thin, so I'm hesitant to buy another. I'm debating on maybe Arda's Stevie? Haven't tried out Arda's full wigs yet.

(Will check out the Purple Plum shop that was recommended up above, though)
>>
>>9050285
I'm planning on buying an Arda Stevie this coming Fall, actually.

It's definitely a fluffy wig, if that's what you're looking for. :)
>>
File: dany-oceangreen.jpg (37KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
dany-oceangreen.jpg
37KB, 320x480px
>>9046691
Arda's Dany in ocean green OR the Vivien in the same color if you don't want a lace front.
>>
File: wir.skyrock.jpg (15KB, 300x207px) Image search: [Google]
wir.skyrock.jpg
15KB, 300x207px
Which would be a better color choice for Nami, Arda's Light Copper Red or Pumpkin? I think LCR is more accurate but Pumpkin is a more flattering color?
>>
>>9051445
LCR is the better choice in my opinion. I got something closer to Pumpkin when I did Nami and it looked awful on my skin. Then again I have dark skin so results will vary.
>>
>>9050285
I just got a few wigs from Brightlele and loved them, although they arrived looking a little darker from the stock photos. They look very natural and feel soft and lightweight.
>>
File: Yukimuraavatar.png (202KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Yukimuraavatar.png
202KB, 400x400px
Having trouble with Yukimura. Most major wig suppliers have something too saturated. It's close to the Ciel Phantomhive color but a little more blue green and those are usually too short anyway. I also have really crappy Internet right now and I'm relying on my phone so I can't do hardcore searches
>>
File: StephenSteel_relax.png (246KB, 378x350px) Image search: [Google]
StephenSteel_relax.png
246KB, 378x350px
Any tips on how I would do a Steven Steel wig?
>>
>>9051479
Ah see I'm the opposite I'm super fucking pale, so I'm worried the light color will look awful on my skin tone
>>
File: When the Nami is just right.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
When the Nami is just right.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
>>9052332
If you're anything close to pic related, LCR should be fine. I'd imagine a darker orange would look too red.
>>
File: image.png (967B, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
967B, 100x100px
Does anywhere sell ponytail clips in a kind of muted mint? I just want to avoid toothpaste color. I figure Arda's mint works well but I want to see if there's anything cheaper.
>>
File: latest.png (123KB, 189x589px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
123KB, 189x589px
I'm looking to cosplay yukako in august. Just wondering if I should go with an arda lacefront wig or just an epic cosplay wig parted in the middle? Trying to weigh my options since usd to cad exchange is ridiculous.
>>
>>9055493
Look for a black lady wig supplier that ships in Canada. They have lace fronts in natural colors for way less I reserve arda lace fronts for when I need crazy colors
>>
File: 1383697428165.png (75KB, 560x246px) Image search: [Google]
1383697428165.png
75KB, 560x246px
I was looking to do Naked Snake from MGS3. What would anyone recommend?
>>
File: s-kl613_1b-t2512-01.jpg (142KB, 425x386px) Image search: [Google]
s-kl613_1b-t2512-01.jpg
142KB, 425x386px
Have you guys ever bought a wig from animestuffstore.com? I've purchased two long wigs from there and they have been thick and not prone to tangles at all. The price is really good too. I'm just surprised because I feel that not a lot of people really know about this store.
>>
File: s-kl626-3color10-01.jpg (47KB, 425x363px) Image search: [Google]
s-kl626-3color10-01.jpg
47KB, 425x363px
>>9057543
Some of them look like Party City trash and I know for a fact pic related is a Purple Plum wig. I've bought it from them and you can see the P.P. tag.
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 700x396px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 700x396px
Does anyone have any suggestions for a Junkrat wig?
>>
>>9057564
What's Purple Plum's reputation? I haven't really heard of them before. Took a break from cosplaying so I missed any new companies that have sprung up.
>>
File: image.png (267KB, 300x520px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
267KB, 300x520px
Cosplaying Jesse from Pokemon soon. Would buying a short wig and a lot of long wefts work better than buying a super long wig?

Also in the anime she has magenta hair but every cosplayer I've ever seen has used red hair. I'd like to be accurate but thanks to everyone getting it so wrong I can't even convince myself to go for magenta. Should I go for magenta or red?
>>
>>9057611
With all the styling junk it's hard to avoid making it darker so go with magenta
>>
>>9057600
I don't know honestly. I bought the blue one last year and it still looks good as long as I wash it and keep it up. They're not as big as Arda nor do they have as much color selection but they have nice quality stuff.
>>
>>9057611
i think it would be best to buy a long wig just because the expense of wefts will probably pile the hell up, especially if you plan on following one of the tutorials made about how to do her style. agreeing with other anon though, magenta is fine
>>
File: ineedurhelp.jpg (74KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ineedurhelp.jpg
74KB, 800x600px
I need some advice /cgl/. Can I use a wig for kogitsunemaru (right pic) as a base for Keaton (left)? Any advice for the construction?
>>
>>9057972
Maybe even tsurumaru?
>>
>>9057972
I would start with a black wig (possibly a lacefront since it has the hairline exposed) and then splice it with a white one. Wouldn't try dying it or anything like that since black and white are too different and in too large a quantity.
>>
>>9057980
Do you think I can splice a white helios wig and maybe a dionysys wig from epic cosplay?
>>
File: RollingGirlHairRef.png (174KB, 848x436px) Image search: [Google]
RollingGirlHairRef.png
174KB, 848x436px
Has anyone ever found/bought a Miku wig that's shorter than the normal length for her wigs? I'm going to be cosplaying Rolling Girl soon and her hair in the PV is a lot shorter than standard Miku's. I've been trying to find a shorter wig, but the only wigs I've found so far with shorter pigtails are the curly ones. I'm willing to buy a normal length one and cut it if I have to, but I wanted to check here before I made any final decisions.
>>
>>9058060
Wouldn't it be easier to straighten a curled wig instead of cutting a long one though?
>>
Do you usually cut/style a wig and then dye it or dye it then cut/style it? It just needs to be straightened and lightly spiked.
>>
>>9058064
In retrospect, that makes a lot more sense. The curly one I found will be a bit more expensive than the one I planned to get originally, but honestly I don't mind paying a little extra to spare myself more work. Thanks anon!
>>
File: cover5.jpg (61KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
cover5.jpg
61KB, 600x337px
Anyone know where I can get a JoJo wig?
>>
>>9058406
http://www.miccostumes.com/jojos_dizarre_adventure_cosplay_wigs_864c.html
i know of theses
>>
i'm planing to cosplay as giffany sometime in September and i'm chubby
i'm dieting and working out like crazy to lose weight but i still fear the worst
>>
>>9058459
wrong thread wtf is wrong with me
>>
File: rustled.gif (671KB, 270x200px) Image search: [Google]
rustled.gif
671KB, 270x200px
Just got my lucaille order in the wrong color and the con is in 2 weeks plus no refunds. Never ordering from there again
>>
>>9059065
That's a real shame, but despite their convincing accuracy photos- anything with "Party Wig" founds fishy. Was it outright the wrong color or a shade different from the image?
>>
>>9059065
I like their wigs but their customer service is dumb. I ordered two of the same wig and they only sent one. When I messaged them they said they would send the other but I still had to pay full shipping which isn't cheap
>>
File: Spike_Spiegel_.jpg (71KB, 600x496px) Image search: [Google]
Spike_Spiegel_.jpg
71KB, 600x496px
I'm working on a Spike Spiegel cosplay, but I am having some difficulty finding a decent base wig. None that I have found so far have quite enough volume. Any recommendations?
>>
>>9059181
Yeah, I ordered a light blue and got sent a bright ass green, which doesn't match my skin or cosplay at all. Fortunately palettes in the series are kind of a free for all so I'm gonna see if I can work it out. At least I know for next time
>>9059211
That blows, anon. I know I paid around 30 for shipping myself, if I had to pay that again for their mistake I'd be pissed
>>
>>9057543
Animestuffstore just carries Purple Plum products. Which are pretty much your standard mid tier wigs - bright colors, medium thickness, fairly shiny Chinese-style fiber but as a result they don't tangle. If you want a long, bright wig they'd be a good choice, less so for anything you want to style. They ship super fast though.
>>
I'm trying to find a center part wig that goes past the shoulders (and no short layers in the front, like in the pic I attached. Any recommendations? I need it in a deep bluish green.
>>
File: wig hairclips.jpg (79KB, 565x320px) Image search: [Google]
wig hairclips.jpg
79KB, 565x320px
Is it possible to remove accessories that come with wigs? I found a good wig but I don't know if you can remove the accessories or if they're glued on.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 103

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.