[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im gonna be attending my first con soon with my bro. I dont know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Im gonna be attending my first con soon with my bro. I dont know much about the culture and i only watch anime in my spare time for fun. I am a tall attractive black dude and i dont want to intimidate my nerd brethren. How do i blend in because im probably not gonna cosplay.
>>
Just go there and it will be fine
>>
Not everyone cosplays. No one will care about you or pay attention to you outside your circle of friends. It's like going to any event or festival, no one will be intimidated by you unless you slam some 5' 2" lolita up against the wall in a display of dominance.
>>
>>8999914
Make a Naruto headband out of magic markers and hot glue. Once you place it on your head run with your arms behind your back everyone will immediately think you are a harmless weeaboo an no one will find you intimidating. (10/10)
>>
>>8999914
Wear a camera, congoers love photogs. Maybe an added little prop that's kind of nerdy but not over the top, like a Luigi hat?
>>
You don't have to cosplay or wear con-wear. Got anime t-shirts or merchandise? Now is the time to wear them. You'll blend right in. Don't worry about it
>>
As someone who has many, many, many friends of the black dude variety, don't sweat it mate. If anything, be worried someone'll make you their super-close, bestest buddy within the hour of setting foot there. I mean, most people who go to these conventions share practically 90% of each others' interests, so everyone'll assume you like what they like - if you like at least something similar, even moderately, which you do, then you'll be fine just being yourself and not bothering with any cosplay or anything.

Oh, is it Momocon you're talking about, by any chance?
>>
>>8999914
>How do i blend in
If you don't cosplay you actually end up blending in even more since honestly no one will really be looking at you unless you're the only giga nigga at a con full of pale skin. >>8999942 is completely right. Think of it as like a trip to a renaissance fair or something.
>>
>>9000056
MY SIDES
>>
>>9000056
JESUS
>>
>>9000056
OH GOD NO
>>
File: kbtV8zN.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
kbtV8zN.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>9000056
>>
>>8999914
Literally nobody is going to care about you. Nobody. Just don't be a douchey normie by making fun of the congoers or something and nobody will give a fuck.
>>
>>9000735
Nah im not a dick. I want to make new friends.
>>
>>9000090
Nah its called J1 con i. Think. I didn't even know it was in September when i made this thread. My friend told me the wrong date lol
>>
Cons are like hitting the gym: dispite what you think, no one gives a shit about you there, you go for yourself, if you go to socialize, you will be sorely disappointed.

That being said, as a /fit/ cosplayer, people are much more chatty.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.