[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here been to Anime Next? How was it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Anyone here been to Anime Next? How was it?
>>
it's an average con, nothing special but not terrible either. it's good as a 'first con' experience in the sense that it's not too overwhelming.
the people are most always chill and every time people say they're gonna go, it's usually just to meet new people or hang out with old friends.

so yeah, it's 'hang out' con with some small bonuses on the side cuz there's always the dealer's room and some times decent panels pop up.
>>
>>8995174
it was good in somerset. now its drug and hooker con.
>>
>>8995225

how so?
>>
>>8995264
they moved it to Atlantic City.
>>
>>8995174

Staff are a bunch of morons. Now its in Atlantic City and isn't worth going to. Hotel prices are out the ass and now it is way too far to get to to grab some shitty merch.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>8995271
I hope the con attendance drops. The good hotels cost to much and the reviews for the okay ones tell a story about how random bums come to the hotels and start problems. If it had moved some where the city has no internal problems and was safe I would not mind paying the price. But there no way i'm going this year. But if there is a chance of moving again, it won't be for a while unless the drop really bad in attendance
>>
Are a lot of people not going this year? The move to AC is a bit of a pain, but I managed to get a hotel with some others to split the cost. I'm expecting a lot more people from South NJ to show up this time. Somerset was nice and relaxed for sure, but man was that in the middle of no where.
>>
I heard a while ago that Animenext will be sharing the ACCC with another event, can anyone confirm?
>>
File: 1460212786333s.jpg (3KB, 125x118px) Image search: [Google]
1460212786333s.jpg
3KB, 125x118px
>>8996201
I remember going to Anext a few years ago and I was amazed how isolated it was when I took a cab to the hotel to check in. I actually really liked it and thought it was perfect for a con.

I'm gonna miss the old location, anyone know why they moved?
>>
>>9000196
They blame it on space constraints, but I have a feeling the increasing size/trash/behavior problems played a part.
>>
>>9000206
>increasing size/trash/behavior problems played a part

How so? Never seen anything so outrageous happen for it to be that but I could be wrong
>>
>>9000222
The only problem I took big notice of was the number of people attending, it was getting pretty cramped.
>>
>>9000222
Last year it was pretty crowded, but combine that with how scorching hot it was and it was a liability on their part. When the line for pre reg or even sam day reg stretches around the whole complex and you need to wait 2 hours in line, it gets real hot real fast. If they kept the same place for this year, I don't think they'd be able to deal with any larger crowds. At least if people need to wait 2 hours in AC to get their badges, they'll be inside the center.
>>
>>9000898
Can confirm, was in that line last year and I wanted to die, while my friend walked up to the non prereg booth and got a ticket in 20 minutes. Also because the line was so long people were cutting in unbeknownst to the terrible security, which made it longer.
>>
Love animenext, it was my 2nd con and first time I cosplayed way back when (I think 09? ). It's a fun and pretty chill con and I know many aren't too thrilled with the move but it had to be done since overcrowding was a major issue the last 3 or so years. Even though the location for it was great, it definitely outgrew it's space. (Also side note: fuck the fire marshal who banned people standing in the back of rooms. Missed some great panels over the years cuz the rooms filled up too quickly, even when I waited on line early. )
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.