[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Makeup Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 29

Discuss makeup!
>favorite newly released products?
>favorite/least favorite new trends?

I'm looking for a new highlighter and bronzer now that my skin is getting less shitty/I'm better at concealing. I'm tempted by the Too Faced Cocoa Contour, but it might just be because the packaging is cute. Is it better to purchase them separately? I'm looking for something drugstore to mid-end ideally in sturdy packaging. I'm thinking of both a shimmery and matte highlighter. I have warm-toned light skin.
>>
Why did you choose this picture? You have such shit taste anon, please never be the first poster again.
>>
File: 1443404636621.jpg (178KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1443404636621.jpg
178KB, 720x720px
>>8993529
Sorry, senpai, just wanted it to be /cgl/ relevant.
>>
>>8993529
shut up anon, she looks like an awesome gyaru, sorry you're so basic
>>
Ok so lately I've been trying to get into doing more to my lips when I do my makeup. But no matter what I use my lip liner itself always seems to slide off.
I want to practice slightly overdrawn lips but I just can't do it because my lipliner smudges or looks just... too unnatural even when I apply the lipstick over it. I'm not even drawing too far above my natural lip line.
I've tried both cheap and expensive brands so I have no idea what the hell i'm doing wrong.
Am I just dumb?
>>
>>8993529
Fucking this. At least post a girl who knows how to properly fill in her eyebrows.
>>
>>8993805
I haven't had this issue, but have you tried putting a little bit of translucent powder on top of the liner?
>>
Any advice on covering acne scars on chest and shoulders? I had almost no breakouts on my face, but my shoulders and chest are another story. Since I started treatment there are very few new suprises, but there's still scarring and discoloured skin left. I've tried to cover it the same way as on face (foundation, concealer, powder), but usually everything slides off or gets rubbed off easily. Do you know more durable products? I'd be thankful for recomendation of skin care products too, which can reduce problem.
>>
>>8993836
Tazorac helped with my acne scars on my face. You need a doctor's prescription for it but it's well worth the investment, especially if your health insurance covers it.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160505-205848~2.png (2MB, 1434x1433px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160505-205848~2.png
2MB, 1434x1433px
Is anyone else a complete sucker for cute/cool packaging? These are my favorite products that I use, does anyone else have cute ones they recommend? (I'm always looking to make my makeup bag look cuter) To be honest, I'll buy something just for the packaging, even if the product is just okay.
>>
>>8994140
Literally everything from etude house.
>>
>>8993848
Thanks, I'm going to ask my doctor about it.
>>
everyones favourite brands of eyelashes?
I normally wear red cherry, but I really want some more cartoony J-fash styles. And recommendations?
>>
my eyelids are really droopy, not exactly hooded, it's just like my skin droops over my eyelid.
Any tutorials/tips for eyes this shape?
>>
>>8994595
I've heard good things about Dolly Wink.
>>
>>8994623
Dolly Winks are the best imo. Diamond Lashes are also good, but Dolly Winks are top tier
>>
>>8993805
I've had great luck with IT cosmetics, clinique and smash box lipliners. I have a ton of mass brand ones and they work for me but are too creamy for someone who's experiencing what you are.

I've had better luck with twist up liners in general because they are usually a bit drier in texture. If you have foundation on and are over drawing make sure you use a q tip to remove the foundation in that area as foundation can be slippery. You can also try a lip primer. Laura Gellar makes a good stick primer but I haven't tried many others. I hated the too faced lip primer.

And as the other anon mentioned a setting powder can really help. I even set my pencil eyeliner sometimes. It's great!
>>
>>8994140
You'd probably love the store IT'S DEMO in Japan. I've found some of their stuff on Ebay btw, but of course, it's super overpriced...
>>
>>8994596
I think I have similar lids. You can try eye tape or just focusing more on using false lashes. They will really open up your eyes much more than eyeliner can.
>>
Best eyeshadows that are korean/asian and easily available? I live in australia and I don't want to get Jewed with our shitty overpriced makeup products.
>>
>>8995132
Looking for pink and brown shades in particular
>>
>>8995133
Skinfood sugar something palette
If you want singles, Innisfree matte shadow
>>
>>8995132
I live in Australia too and usually buy my makeup from sasa. They do free shipping to Aus sometimes.
>>
>>8994140
Two faced always has the cutest packaging.
>>
Any suggestions for some AB red matte lipstick that's available on Jolse? I was looking at Tonymoly Spoiler Sheer Matte Lip Pencil so I'm hoping that it would be a good choice
>>
I'm looking for a black liquid liner that's line a pen but with a brush tip, like the urban decay liquid liner but cheaper. AB or Western. Any recommendations?
>>
>>8995272
To be honest I'd say just get the UD one. It's heavenly
>>
Just got Sugarpill's Love+ in the mail today. Haven't tried it out yet but this is my first Sugarpill product and I love the packaging. I was looking for a true, matte, red and I'm excited to have found it.
Also: doesn't anyone know of a similar eye pencil to Shiseido's Majolica Majorca jeweling pencil in 505/Red Jewel? I saw it used in a video (https://youtu.be/MgIWy1P5G2E) and looked around for it and that particular shade of it seems difficult to find/much more expensive than the others
>>
>>8995296
>doesn't anyone know
wow english is my first language and i still managed to fuck that up, sorry anons
>>
>>8994140
I've found that a lot of cute packaging is overcompensating to make up for a lackluster product. I remember being super into Benefit when I was younger even though most of their products did shit for me/irritated my skin.
>>
>>8995272
I don't know what UD costs but I don't go anywhere without my Stila Stay all day eyeliner. I've been using it for years and it's amazing.
>>
>>8995272
Japanese love liner. Tip is super fine and precise.
>>
>>8996651
Stila Stay all day is absolutely perfect straight out of the package but dries up on me after six weeks. It has happened three times, and it's super annoying. I make sure to close it properly, store it tip-down in a cool, dark environment etc. but those things just keep drying out on me. Is it different for the black? I always get brown.
>>
>>8997372
I had the same problem with Stila and switched over to Kat von D. I've had the same one for at least six months and it's still going.
>>
Im late to the party, anons, but I tried putting on my foundation and concealer today with my very first beauty blender sponge. Holy shit. I'm airbrushed like no other!
>>
I've always wondered why my foundation looked so cakey despite having all the right tools and products, but recently it turns out that I never knew shit. I've dry as fuck skin with a lot of redness but I never knew that high coverage matte foundation was basically the worst possible thing for it.

I'm skeptical of sheer yet buildable foundation but it seems like that's what I need to get next. Considering getting MAC's Face and Body foundation.
>>
Has anyone actually tried to make their own DIY rainbow highlighter yet? Obviously I'd really like to buy the legit one but I don't think that is very likely considering when they get restocked that shit is gonna sell out so fast

Here's a video of someone trying it and I thought it looked really cool how the blue and purple parts kind of act as a contour:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDAKUIJnvHI

I've seen a bunch of DIY videos and articles on how to make one yourself but I haven't really liked any of the finished products I saw, they didn't seem as shimmery or light as the original one
>>
>>8998715
this stuff is so dumb. if you don't put it on right or smudge it, it looks like shimmer mud. it's a cool idea and OMG RAINBOWS but it doesn't work for anything other than cool photos.
>>
>>8993518
god i wish she'd contour her nose better. i hate white bitches who just follow japanese make tutorials.
>>
File: Illuminating-Glow-Powders.jpg (279KB, 700x397px) Image search: [Google]
Illuminating-Glow-Powders.jpg
279KB, 700x397px
>>8998717
I think it looks good if you put it on lightly, there are plenty of highlighters already out there with blue, green, purple, etc shimmer to them when it catches the light so it's not that weird.
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-09+at+04.33.40).png (69KB, 639x547px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-09+at+04.33.40).png
69KB, 639x547px
>>8994140

Are you literally me ? Im such a sucker for packaging. Tonymoly has some really cute stuff especially the stuff shaped like fruits.

Hows my recent purchases seagulls? Two were recommendations and the white eyeliner i'm trying for the hell of it since the one I have currently is ass..
>>
File: web_sweetpeach_open.jpg (696KB, 1170x1170px) Image search: [Google]
web_sweetpeach_open.jpg
696KB, 1170x1170px
>>8995133

speaking of brown/pink. Anyone try the peach palette from too faced?
>>
I'm a guy with no make-up experience looking for something to just smoothen my face. I'm guessing I need concealer but outside of dabbing some on with a stick I've never used it before, is there a recommended brand or type to use? Any tips for an idiot would be much appreciated.
>>
>>8998894
go to the skincare thread, just covering shit with makeup will not help you
>>
>>8993518
that photo shopped jawline.
>>
>>8998380
Can you tell me what is so special about the Beauty Blender? The shape is nice, but i can't justify 20USD for a oblong sponge.
>>
>>8998968
lol wtf anon, it's not
>>
>>8999013
your blindness is astounding
>>
>>8999013
Kawaii uguu.
>>
>>8998968
Sorry to add salt to your already well-seasoned ass, but I know that girl IRL and that's exactly what her face looks like. Learn to contour and contain your crab mentality.
>>
>>8999257
Have you ever seen other pictures of her in the first place?
>>
File: $_1[1].jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
$_1[1].jpg
17KB, 400x400px
I want some opinions before I inevitably do this anyway.

I have a pack of these Nature Republic Aloe foot masks left - They're full of Lactic, Glycolic and Salicylic acid, respectively.
They only peel the shit out of feet because you soak them for ~1-2 hours in the socks and are presumably an otherwise skin-safe concentration and pH.

I've run out of my AHA serum and it'll take another three weeks to arrive, so I'm considering just using the gel from these in the meantime. Leave for ~30 minutes and then re-cleanse.

How bad are my chemical burns gonna be, /ceeg/?
>>
>>8999816
Shit that was meant to be 10 minutes.
>>
>>8998997
Anon, I can't afford $20 on a sponge either. I did however stumble upon this while in Ulta. I bought it for almost $7.00, but had a $3.00 credit, so it was mostly $4.00. [this is including the tax]. With normal sponges and brushes, no matter what I did my regular foundation would always do a super subpar job at hiding my redness, so I figured Id at some point with money to spend, I would test out one of these beauty blender egg things. I have even tried wetting a normal sponge and it doesn't do as good of a job. So I got this three days ago and holy shit. I looked airbrushed as fuuuuuck. Like... SO GOOD. The coverage was amazing. Just wet the sponge, bounce a little bit of product on to the broad side, and bounce on your face. Its the only thing that actually feels like I am putting my foundation liquid to actual use.

So, after screaming at everyone I know about how great it is, I tried it yesterday and today as well and it still does an amazing job. I don't recommend getting any TB or Aliexpress versions. This and the official Beauty Blender ones are made of something specific, so they don't break or absorb anything. My mom actually, after I showed her the sponge I bought, took out a blue blender she got online. It looks just the same, but the surface was scratchy and was rough, so you have to be careful with what you purchase. Cleaning it is easy too. Just water, cleaning solution just like for your brushes [you don't need special stuff for this one like the Beauty Blender claims you need for it].

Here is a link the one I purchased. Seriously, anon. For $7.00, just give it a try.
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod5960824
>>
>>8995132
I'm an Aussie too, the struggle is real. I got a ChiChi palette in Spices from Myer, well pigmented and looks great. It's a bit hard to find compared to the other palettes though. Zoeva Rose Golden works wonders too
>>
>>8998725
I have it . The shadows are not as amazingly pigmented as makeup forever stuff or sugar pill. if you don't use a stark white base you will barley be able to see it on your skin ...especially the peach pink shades. The brown shades are way better. i like it for doing soft and pretty eye looks for work where I am not allowed to wear a ton of makeup.
>>
>>8999816

No answer here, but I thought I'd redirect you to a couple of dudes who might be better qualified to give proper answers based on science:

http://thebeautybrains.com/about/

There's an email at the top where you can send in your questions, though I guess there's no guarantee they chose your question to do a blogpost/podcast on.
>>
Any australian anons brought anything from beautybay? there is a palette I want for cheap but I've heard things about not receiving orders.
>>
>>8994595
I go diamond lash, and a lot of us also customize them a bit.
>>
>>8994596
I have something similar, what helps me is to accentuate the crease ABOVE the fold, and put a very bright, shimmery colour on the actual lid so it stands out and looks bigger. Also, make your eyeliner thin (add liner to the upper waterline instead) or use Mezaik fibers for eyelid tape, it helps a lot!
>>
>>8998894
instead of only concealer, i recommend using a light coverage or powder foundation aswell, just to make the concealer blend better instead of becomming blotchy
>>
Should I replace my gel liner? I've had it for probably about three (possibly more) years. It still works fine, and whenever I use it, I always scoop out a little bit onto the back of my hand using a clean brush and work from there, I never dip into the pot again. There's a fair bit of product left too. I don't see the need to replace it, except for the fact that I've had it so long.
>>
Anyone tried bareminerals? I'm really new to foundations and have only used this one sheer coverage powder before. Recently I thought I'd step up my game and try a liquid but it just looked...awful. It was that cushion from l'oreal and it just looked super heavy on my face even though it's supposed to be light and I didn't apply very much. So now I want to look into powder again and I thought I'd give bareminerals a go, because I still want to try for good coverage. Should I get one of the kits? Do you need the mineral veil?
>>
To any darker skinned gulls, who are your go-to YouTubers for makeup tutorials?
>>
File: image.jpg (475KB, 1366x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
475KB, 1366x2048px
Hi cgl I'm pretty new here and have a question for you. I recently started watch black butler after my friends asked me to cosplay ciel for a group con. I'm really new to cosplay as well and when I was looking up cosplayers of Ciel I see a lot of huge eye makeups that look good on Asian cosplayers a but I don't think would look good on me. How can I make my eyes look big without it looking like I'm drawing all over my skin? The pics related were ones I liked on Instagram for different reasons.
The top left pic I like the doll look but again I think you have to be Asian for that to look nice
The top right I like because it looks more European and I think works since Ciel is an English kid
The bottom left is the common one I see people trying to replicate
The bottom right on I like that they look still boyish.
Any tips would be super appreciated.
>>
>>9002077
Patricia Bright
>>
>>9002273
Best ways to make your eyes look bigger are:

>Peach or lighter skin tone, not white, liner on your bottom waterline.
>When looking in the mirror to put on eyeshadow, keep your eye open. If you have a hood lid like most white people, you want to put an allover matte shadow, just slightly darker than your skin tone, all over. With your eye still open, grab a darker shade from that and not cut crease, but swipe and blend above your crease. Blend this into the other color so it looks seamless. It gives the illusion without it looking like a huge mess that you eyes are bigger.
>From the inner corner, follow your top lash line to the middle of your lid and this is where you will put some white eyeshadow, maybe with a small sparkle. Using sparkle all over your lids makes any creases very visible and only makes your eyes look tired, not larger.
> Then it comes down to whether you need eyeliner and mascara [mascara is usually always a must]. For Ciel, I recommend a matte black eyeshadow to line your lid, not liquid or gel. It will look softer and will look nicer in photos. >Highlighter just under your brows will help as well keeping your brows groomed and neat. Do not go crazy with them. Keep the beginning towards the middle of your face more sparse and then more sharp and filled in as you get to the outer corners of your eyebrows.

!!!!!DO NOT LINE YOUR BOTTOM LASHLINE WITH BLACK EYELINER!!!!
This makes your eyes look smaller, not bigger. If anything, take the same slightly darker shadow just under your inner third on the bottom lashline and then blend out. Itll give a shadow to give your eyes more depth to help enhance making them look larger.

On top of all that, contacts.
>>
>>9002374
unless you are going for a big droopy eye, then i recommend only putting black in the innercorner waterline
>>
>attempt eyeshadow tutorial for the first time in ages yesterday
>wake up this morning, eyes completely swollen

Fuck. How do I make the swelling go down?
>>
>>9002585
sounds like an allergic reaction? throw the shadows away/give them away, carefully rinse your eyes to make sure there's no more product left. don't rub, that makes everything worse. it feels better for a bit and then it comes back with a rage. if nothing helps go to the pharmacy, they sell OTC allergy eye drops. if not allergy, get regular eyedrops anyway, might help
>>
>>8998725
>>8999868

Idk, I have it and I really like it. I'm not too into hyperpigmented stuff and to be fair I was on a passable but very not pigmented drugstore eyeshadow just before (yay traveling and forgetting my eyeshadow I guess). In any case, I love the set. I think it blends well and I really like the pigmentation. I also love how warm the browns are.

I have the chocolate palette as well, and besides some of the colors unfortunately breaking on me during travel, I do think the peach palette is a really nice complement to the slightly cooler chocolate palette.
>>
>>8999353
im sure you do....
KEK. Im sure you made this thread and self posted yourself. wanna be special snowflake.
>>
Does anyone have tips for people with sensitive/watery eyes that still want to wear eye makeup? Everything makes me tear up and ruin my eyeshadow and Urban Decay seems to be the worst with my eyes, so any other brand suggestions would be great
>>
>>9002585
Is your makeup out of date?
>>
>>9002756
you sound so jealous it's incredible
>>
>>9002374
Thank you anon! I just see so many bad ones and I don't want too look horrible.
>>
>>9003056
Youre welcome. Just don't try to give yourself asian eyes. Thats where so many people go wrong. It looks super bad.
>>
>>9002597

Thanks anon! I have the regular chocolate pallet and I wasnt sure if the peach one would be a waste of time. I love the choco one but the only pink in it barely shows on my skin. I'm not looking for hyper pigment but at least a noticeable pink if that makes sense
>>
Any suggestions on mascara?
>>
>>9004180
Dolly Wink long mascara
>>
>>8998715
Honestly what's the point? It just makes you look odd
>>
>>9004180
Heroine Mascara
>>
>>9004180
Heroine Make lasts FOREVER.
>>
>>8995159

But the worst quality in that price range :/ at least with their eyeshadows. Lorac and UD are so much better
>>
>>8999816
Go to a drugstore and get nip fab glycolic pads (theres a variation that has all 3 of those acids you mentioned) or get alpha skincare glycolic serum. Its on sale at ulta i think. Dont gamble with your face
>>
>>8994595
Adding to this, what are the most comfortable for J-Fash? I really like Dolly Wink, but do Eyemazing or Diamond Lash compare in comfort?
>>
>>9002589
Thanks for the help anon, the swelling went down after two days but my eyelids are still a little dry. Am washing them gently and lightly moisturizing now, it seems to be working.

>>9002888
Nah, only bought the palette a few months ago. I think it was because I used really old brushes that probably haven't been washed in a while, so I guess the swelling was inevitable!
>>
>>9005394
good! before using the shadows again spot test, on the wrist first and then somewhere on your face (not eyelids yet). the brushes are a possible culprit but I'd be careful with these shadows again.
source: allergic to a bunch of makeup, mostly mascara but have bad experiences with eyeshadow
>>
>>9002756
Amber has been to a bunch of gyaru meets, loads of gals who post on cgl know her. Get off your fat ass, do some cardio and lrn2makeup, then maybe you can stop suffering like this whenever you see a picture of a pretty girl on the internet.

>>9003012
For real. I wonder if it's some kind of personal vendetta? I don't really see how it could be though, Amber very rarely gets involved in drama.
>>
>>8995272
KatVonD Tattoo Liner
>>
Any suggestions for BB creams that matches mac C3? I guess the match would be a NC30-35. I've checked that AB spreadsheet but it seems more like a NC/NW geared rather than Cs
>>
attention fellow yellow skined girls who are searching desperately for a bb cream that doesnt look like clown makeup on!

I just found the most yellow natural bb cream I will ever lay my hands on, and it is amazing in every single aspect! Like the consistence is even better than missha, its pretty oily which I really appreciate cause otherwhise most foundations feel just so dry on my skin. The coverage is also amazing AND it got 50 spf.
Honestly I tried so many bb creams and what I used before this one is missha n 13 cause it was best I could find, but it still looked soo pink on me, when Im literaly yellow skined.
The only thing that could be seen as bad is that you need pretty much powder to set it cause its so oily.

Buut I still have a problem! Its a little little bit too dark, which is almost not noticable and Im pale as fuuck so thats also pretty good. But does someone know a good way to lighten it a bit? for example a powder that is very light but also very good? ( i dont want to look powdery..)
thank you!
>>
More of a skincare question, has anyone had just their forehead suddenly get a rough spotty texture all over?
It might be because I left a face mask on for too long or something but it seems to be just my forehead, anyone know how to fix this?
>>
File: 1442336370812.jpg (7KB, 150x137px) Image search: [Google]
1442336370812.jpg
7KB, 150x137px
Hey /cgl/ Im looking to step up my makeup game, I normally don't do much besides concealer and maybe a little eyeliner if I wear any makeup at all. I know from the bad makeup threads that shitty tutorials online are rampant, what are some safe /cgl/ approved channels or tutorials I can use?
>>
>>9010393
Lisa Eldridge, pixiwoo sisters
>>
>>9010393
Depends on what you look like, what your skin is like, your eye shape. Try to find a YouTuber of the same race who obtains a look you want. The best way to learn is to experiment, though. No one makeup look looks good on everybody. Just watch some videos to get the basic gist of it first.
Some of my favorites:
>dramatic mac (white, slightly heavy handed trendy looks)
>princess fancypants (white, not all beauty videos but she does wearable jfash looks)
>jackie aina (black, similar to dramatic mac)
>bubz beauty (asian, natural looks)
>kawaii pateen (asian, wacky jfash shit)
>>
>>9009849
CoverFx and Mac sell white drops to lighten foundation try that. make sure it's a silicon based bb cream though (primary ingredients end in -one) if it's water it won't work
>>
>>9010786
any palefags with hooded eyes you can recommend? I'm pretty bad but I can get my liner straight most days
>>
File: image.png (860KB, 1620x599px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
860KB, 1620x599px
>buy a smashbox primer hoping it'll have a more noticable effect for me than the cheaper primer i was using
>neither works any better than my previous primer that cost 1/4 the price nor does its green tint seem to help correct my redness at all
>my pores and creases still show through my foundation just as badly and it applies worse to boot

makeup is bullshit sometimes
>>
>>9010930
are you making sure your primer sets first and applying your foundation gently to not destroy the prime?
>>
>>9010936
i'll have to experiment more with those things in mind, i suppose
>>
has cgl got any good tutorials on contouring for a white guy? any palette recommendations would be nice too.
>>
Didn't seem to be a skincare thread so I'm asking here instead- does anyone have recommendations for a good oil-free moisturizer? I've been using the same one for ages but the shops here suddenly stopped stocking it and now I'm a bit lost.
>>
>>9010930
which one did you use?
I heard the purple one is out of this world but Im also not very willing to spend you much on primer, Im currently using one vor 3 dollar and dont even notice a difference, I just like the thought of it
>>
File: 2016-05-18 14.29.40-1.jpg (42KB, 986x327px) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-18 14.29.40-1.jpg
42KB, 986x327px
Trying to figure out what my eyelid shape is and maybe find a couple eye tutorials? Google's no help and I never seem to fit into any of the eye categories that people post.
>>
File: demi lids.jpg (7KB, 300x51px) Image search: [Google]
demi lids.jpg
7KB, 300x51px
>>9011782
Those look like demi lids to me.
>>
File: bbcream.jpg (128KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
bbcream.jpg
128KB, 1200x1600px
Hey anons. Hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. I'm looking for this BB cream, and i can't seem to find it anywhere anymore. I bought mine a while ago, and I'm running out now, and I need more. It's the best match I've found in any BB cream or foundation.
>>
File: pale as fuck.jpg (598KB, 1588x1664px) Image search: [Google]
pale as fuck.jpg
598KB, 1588x1664px
I'm having a problem. A lot of makeup/hair advice online is based on your undertones. They are usually classified as pink/yellow or olive.
Pic related is my horrible skin colour.
Personally, I see no undertones whatsoever. Which advice would be best for me then?
Anyone have a similar problem?
>>
>>9012659
Check the veins on our wrist, if they're blue then you're cool, if they're green, then you're warm. Not sure about neutral, you'd have to look that up.
>>
>>9012659
>>9012672
I'm about as pale as you and I have warm undertones for sure and really thin skin so my veins appear more blue than green still so be careful. You look like you do have pink undertones thou. I like that white dog.
>>
>>9012672
>>9012680
My veins are in between blue and green. Should have probably mentioned that. Interesting to know that thickness of skin also counts into the blue/green thing. Didn't consider that before. Thank you for helping out!
>>
Is there a reddit or something where you post your face and they give you advice on what sort of eyeliner style, highlights, conturing, colors, whatever general look would flatter you? I wear makeup too rarely to figure this out for myself.
>>
>>8995296
That's so exciting anon! Weird question, was it you that was asking for help with red eyeshadow in one of the previous threads? Cos I recommended Love+ to them too.

Buying Japanese cosmetics online is always frustrating, I understand your pain. The best prices I've seen is from Mihoko Shop, but I'm not sure about their shipping prices. Ichibanko is more expensive, but the shipping is included in the listed price. And for similar colours (or at least other shimmery burgundies) the Clio Gelpresso in Bloody Devil is very nice. It's soft and creamy, and is still very red. It's like $10 on Jolse right now.
>>
>>9012749
/r/coloranalysis can tell you your season (which gives you colours you look good in), other than that I can't help you
>>
File: tumblr_l9hyq09AbJ1qzed0to1_500.jpg (70KB, 500x636px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l9hyq09AbJ1qzed0to1_500.jpg
70KB, 500x636px
Looking for some androgynous "natural" makeup guides. No heavy contouring for square jaws or drawn on beards for crossplayers.
>>
>>9012659
Your super cool toned. You look very pink. Another way to tell is that even though your ashy blonde hair in the left pic would look great on someone with warm skin, it still looks slightly too yellow on you.
It's always hard to distinguish at first, but you can train your eyes by looking at groups of people and comparing them in terms of "yellow, pink, or green/grey"
>>9012749
>>9014174
Once you understand the basics of makeup, you just have to take time to practice. Even if you don't wear it out. See what you think looks good on you and what gives you the effect you want.
>>
File: 11185.jpg (14KB, 320x195px) Image search: [Google]
11185.jpg
14KB, 320x195px
Has anyone tried 301 lashes? Is there anything cheaper, like ali or ebay based that is comparable? I live in East Europoor and I'm used to getting my lashes in a 10 pair pack and without shipping.
>>
Are any Western BB Creams good?
>>
>>9015037
You're not gonna get anything like that at ebay lash price.
>>
>>9014174
Lisa Eldridge has a nice boyish/androgynous look on her youtube. But like, make up is generally stuff to make you look feminine, so from there it's pretty easy to work out what you need to do. Minimal natural blush, no mascara, straight brows, maybe a wash of brown eyeshadow for some definition. Very light contouring, just lightly brush under your cheekbones. If you're a dude then adding some colour, whether it be some pink blush or eyeshadow, can make you look androgynous.
>>
>>9015037
the left looks like its similar to diamond lash's angel eye in shape, but 301 is a dragqueen length, no way will you find that for cheaper unless its shitty
>>
File: lipsdick.jpg (63KB, 484x485px) Image search: [Google]
lipsdick.jpg
63KB, 484x485px
>>8994140
>>
>>9012557
when did you last buy it? Honestly searching for it made me think its probably discontinued or something. Sellers and posts are from like 2013/2014
>>
>>9010930
>>9010936
this. I usually will exofoliate my face before applying anything and then I apply 2 types of primers, I mean you dont have to do that, one should suffice but then I'll get dressed and brush my hair, I do the stuff Id usually do after the makeup but instead do it to pass time for my primer to set in.

tl;dr put on primer and then do something to pass time like get dressed or watch a 6 min. youtube video
>>
File: 1456523745713.jpg (43KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1456523745713.jpg
43KB, 550x550px
>>8994140
>>
I bought dollywink eyelashes and it honestly looks weird on me. Is there some kind of makeup trick to making it look less hooker-y?
I've tried both natural and dramatic lashes and they don't suit me at all.
>>
>>8994140
Too cool for school puts a lot of thought into the design of their products.
>>
I'm looking for some basic coverage for blemishes/mild acne and I've never used makeup before. Should I use BB cream and powder foundation? My skin type is oily.
>>
>>9018528
One or the other, putting a powder foundation on top of another foundation is overkill. Considering you're oily, a powder foundation will be good, or any matte or satin finish liquid foundation. Those can absorb excess oil and tend to last longer. BB creams are light to medium coverage and while I like using them with my oily skin, the finish might be too shiny for you.
>>
>>9018534

Thanks for the reply, I've been using Misha BB cream for some time and I really like it, it's not too shiny but as you say, the coverage isn't great, I normally use it day to day rather than for cosplay.

I heard that a powder concealer is best for a liquid base as it sticks and will make my face look more matte but to be honest I don't fully understand the difference between foundation, base, toner and concealer.
>>
>>9018538
Bless you anon you sound very new to make up. Foundation is like, the skin coloured base that evens out your skin tone. It’s for all over you face, provides varying amounts of coverage (depending on what exact product you get) and provides things like blush something to stick to. Concealer is more concentrated, completely covering whats skin is underneath and is best for small blemishes and marks. ’Base' is pretty vague, and as a product can mean a foundation or a primer. Toner's a skin care thing, a watery liquid with some skin care benefits. If Missha is working for you then use it! I do like BB creams for everyday wear, they feel nice on and I don’t feel bad for wasting it. A concealer is good if you want to cover some blemishes, my current fav is the Maybelline fit me concealer, but I haven’t used any in ages.

I haven't heard of powder concealer, do you mean like a concealer with a drier formula? Or a powder foundation? If you mean powder foundation, then putting it over a liquid base does make sense, but a setting powder would be better over foundation. They have like, no coverage, but they set you make up and makes sure it doesn’t budge.
>>
Anyone here have experience with airbrush makeup? I'm curious about it but have no idea where to start
>>
Anyone else getting any Jeffee Star highlighters? I want ice cold for sure because I am so pale most highlighters looks like bronzers on me but I am on the fence about getting peach goddess and mint condition. I know peach golds look good on my but I am scared of it just looking like a blush, and mint condition I feel could either look great and make my skin look super fresh because I have yellow undertones it will bring out the pink by contrast or do the opposite and look terrible.
>>
>>9018711
What kind are you looking for? Natural foundations or unnatural colors? For natural skin tones KETT is the best. I've also used Graftobian Glamaire, Dinair, and MAC but I still think KETT is the best. For unusual colors I use Graftobian's just because it's easy to get ahold, but it flakes so you really need to set it with a heavy setting spray like Green Marble or Ben Nye. Endura ink is really good for the odd colors I just hate the smell of it. I've used Endura for underwater photos and that stuff really stuck.
>>9018723
I'm totally going to snag the Ice highlighter when it's released this week. I also have the problem with being too pale that most highlighters are too dark for me. I love his stuff though I have quite a few of his lipsticks and I love them I just wish some of his nudes were restocked more.
>>
Do setting sprays actually help at all? (I have mixed skin, oily t-zone, normal or dry everywhere else)
>>
>>9018897
I have a similar skin type, and I find that a good primer and using setting spray helps keep my makeup on longer throughout the day. My nose is really oily, so a lot comes off, but at least at the end of the day there's still some coverage, and the rest of my makeup stays put.
>>
This shit is going off in Korea right now, anyone heard anything about it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDcvBMuntDw
>>
>>9021427
wtf is it?
Looks too good to be true/ anything but extremely temporary.
>>
>>9021427
Looks too good to be true, but who knows. Korean beauty products have surprised me before. I'm going out on a limb and ordering this one to see how it really works, since I have some under eye creases I've always dreamed of just being able to glue away.

It seems to use some sort of silicone and collagen sticky voodoo.
>>
>>9021427
>>9021433
>>9021471
I've seen this before from Western brands, but it was super expensive at the time.

It just forms a webbing which 'sucks' the skin tighter - It is entirely temporary and stops working the moment you wash it off.
>>
>>8993518
why photo shop your eyes like this man, just looks gross
>>
>>9021471
>>9021482
It is temporary but it does have ingredients in it that would help premature aging (Or help if you already have aged skin)
The one thing I have doubts about is whether or not it'd mess with your skin in the long term
>>
>>9021503
>what are circle lenses and eyelashes
>>
>>9021482
>stops working the moment you wash it off.

That sounds pretty reasonable. Makeup also stops working the moment you wash it off.

I saw someone on reddit say that similar products in the past have had the tendency to "crack" and lose their effect if you smile/laugh/touch your face. Do you know anything about that?
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 400x623px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 400x623px
Alright posted this in a separate thread but got redirected here.

I'm trying to mix the exact color of pic related with makeup. I need it to cover an ugly red birthmark on my neck.

I have a bunch of shades to use, but never the perfect one. One is nice but dries too red and dark, the other too orange, and I have pure white to mix too. Whatever mix I try it's either too light, dark, or completely off my skin color.

If it matters the brands are Dermablend Leg&Body Ivory, Dermablend Cover Creme Chroma 00, and some pure white clown makeup (lel). I'm extremely pale so all the professional brands are too dark, even the lightest shade they make.

I'm just tired of getting the wrong shade or it rubbing off and looking even worse than without the makeup.

Pls halp, and thank you :)
>>
>>9021984
Have you tried Kat von D's foundations? They're like Dermablend in that they're made for major coverage.
>>
>>9021984
OCC's concealer is really pale, and you can choose between yellow or pink undertones. It's high coverage.
>>
>>9022066
>>9022077
Will check these out, thanks anons
>>
Is there a reason why buying directly from etude houses website would be worse than from eBay or Amazon? As far as I can tell, the prices on the actual website are way better than what I see on Amazon listings.. Unless the tax is super high or something? Sorry if this is a retarded question, I just don't get why I see people asking for sites to buy them from when the best prices are on the official website..
>>
>>9022252
etude house's face blur is ~$13 with shipping included from a trustworthy eBay seller, on their website it's $18 + $8.50 shipping, a little cheaper with their current 30% off coupon. I suppose depending on where you live it might be a better/only option for you to buy directly from them, but usually if you're in the states you're better off buying elsewhere.
>>
>>9022436
>that shipping
Holy fuck you're right
That's what I get for not calculating shipping before posting I guess
>>
>just got money from a relative for birthday
>wanna buy a $20 dollar palette, but dont NEED it

fffucking the fuck
>>
Okay so this is going to sound like a dumb af question but...

What do you do when you apply sunscreen under your make up, still wear said make up, and then have to reapply sunscreen a couple hours later? Do you just apply it over top or....????

I'm new to the sun protection thing and I plan on wearing it more often. I have a korean one coming in the mail I'm pretty stoked for. I'm prepping myself for the summer since I have a few outdoor events I have to be at, and look semi-professional.
>>
>>9021984

Color corrector and/or Kryolan dermacolor.
>>
>>9022739
I don't really reapply the sunscreen. With the original sunscreen and the makeup, I feel that my face is pretty protected from the sun.
>>
>>9022861
>>9022739
If you're out in the sun for a collective 2+hrs, you'll probably need to re-apply. If your only real sun exposure is intermittent and short, you'll probably be fine with one application.
>>
>>9022943
Maybe it's just my tough Native American skin, but I do theme park days on the regular with just the one sunscreen application with no issues. I do also wear hats, though.
>>
>>9022971
Even if you don't get sun burned, you're can still do damage to your skin. Good on you for wearing hats though!
>>
>>9022739
there are spray on thingies that you can spray over your makeup, I've heard. if you're not wearing foundation or blush you can just reapply, though. look into Asian sunbock methods, apparently they have a fuckton of various products for that purpose
>>
>>9021673
that shit's gotta be at least fisheye lens, then, because her eyes are just too big dude
>>
>>9023488
No its gyaru, getting your eyes to look big is the aim
>>
>>8998676
Don't know about you anon, but that foundation was terrible for me. The MAC Waterweight is far superior, doesn't transfer as much and looks flawless
>>
Will anything cover up indented acne scars on the face? Or at least minimize their appearance with makeup
>>
Sorry, this is probably a complete newfag question, but is there a list somewhere of websites that are trusted that ship to the west (im in the UK if that narrows it down)? Or trusted sellers on aliexpress and ebay?

From googling it/searching within ali and ebay i see sellers with good reviews but idk if those are from people who actually know what they are talking about or if its from unaware people buying cheap rip off shit. If anyone could direct me to a list/give me a few sites or sellers i would be so grateful! Thanks!
>>
>>9019615
Ok, thanks! I think I'll finally buy one next month
>>
is there some special secret to border your eyes completely in brown like the girl in the pic without looking like a sick racoon?
>>
>>9027128
whoops
>>
>>9027128
lining waterline and tightlining
>>
>>9004457
>>9004458
I tried it once but I wasn't that impressed due to the fact that it stained just above my crease if you know what I mean? When you look straight forward or up your upper lashes will touch your skin, and that's where it rubbed off. Only me?
>>
>>9027143
Ive tried that but it always look yo harsh and not nearly as natural as on her
>>
>>9027224
maybe you need a lighter color. also it doesn't suit some eye shapes
>>
File: 46463.jpg (210KB, 1121x423px) Image search: [Google]
46463.jpg
210KB, 1121x423px
Can any anons recommend loose glitter eyeshadows? I've heard that Makeup Forever's loose glitters are good, but I'd like to know if anyone has any specific recommendations/favorite products.
Pic related is the look I'd like to go for.
>>
>>8998725

Does anyone know a decent palette with peach colors like this? As much as I like the too faced one, it seems like it's just 3 actually cute peach tones and a ton of the same browns that you get in every other palette.
>>
>>9026473
An anon directed me to this page and it has really helped choosing sellers from eBay. I've seen the other websites mentioned here with good feedback as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AsianBeauty/wiki/sellers
>>
Can I get some help with mascara, gulls? I need to get a new tube and I just can't decide on which one to get. I'm normally very fond of Heroine Make's Long and Curl in brown, but they discontinued it to roll out a new version that only comes in black so far. I'm considering it, even though I really prefer brown.

I'm also looking at Majorca Majolica Lash Expander Film type and Dolly Wink Long & Volume, both in brown. Does anyone have any experience with these? Especially with the Dolly Wink- it seems like it just came out in January so there's not really many English reviews online yet.
>>
>>9028666
Etude House has several, I think.
>>
>>9027128
Use an eyeshadow on a very small brush instead. I've been doing this on my bottom lid and it works very well to make makeup more dramatic without going full raccoon.
>>
File: image.jpg (878KB, 1228x1228px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
878KB, 1228x1228px
What's some general make up for making skin look better in photos? I'm doing Jojo and avoiding face lines, but still think I need something else.
>>
>>9027128
Tightlining and mascara. Or maybe just genetics, I have very dark and straight eyelashes and they kinda look like this naturally
>>
how important do you gulls consider false lashes to be?
i always get told that it's absolutely necessary but i honestly don't find them to be since i have long, dark lashes. i have no idea how to get them on anyways, despite having watched a zillion youtube tutorials and practicing like every day.
>>
>>9031124
Wear fake lashes if you want, don't if you don't. I'd suggest mascara if you don't but it's really up to you.
>>
>>9031124
I have used them a lot and it's still hard to get them on. I wonder if there is a reason or if they just doesn't fit the shape of my eye since I have to force them to go along my lash line. I was so jealous when I saw one of my friends put hers on and they sat perfectly.
>>
>>9031124
I think they're pretty important if you're going to be photographed, since false lashes really stand out in a way that natural lashes can't unless you're really lucky.

For day to day life, I don't think they're important at all. Mascara does enough to open up the eyes.
>>
>>9028934
I don't know about the brown version, but I have the Dolly Wink Volume in black. It's fantastic, minus some flaking. I get long, voluminous eyelashes that look amazing, plus it holds a curl and is fairly sweatproof and smudgeproof.
>>
>>9028666
>>9028940
The Play Color Eyes Juice Bar palette and the smaller palettes from the Berry Delicious line definitely have more peachy/pink shades.
>>
>>9028530

I know you asked for loose shadows, but if you don't mind a cream you should check out the peripera jewel pots. They have shades that look pretty much exactly like that.
>>
>>9032583

Thanks so much! This helps a lot.
>>
>>8995296
Dude wtf, hand cream on her face and BB cream from basically a 7/11
I literally can't even.
WHY IS HER SHIT ALL DIRTY
>>
has anyone had experience with coastal scents eyeshadows? I want to build palettes for a few of my costumes but I've read mixed reviews.

I guess in addition: anyone have a favorite brand that offers a shitload of colour variety?
>>
>>9034795
I got the 88 pan one, some colours are okay, some are shit, none are amazing, but for like $15 you can always use a bomb primer and wet you brush if you want a large range of colours. I pretty much just got it to fill gaps I know i will never buy nicer quality versions of, like all the greens.
>>
>>9018723
my order finally dispatch today, ice cold will be with me soon.
>>
File: 352352.jpg (856KB, 936x1174px) Image search: [Google]
352352.jpg
856KB, 936x1174px
>>9034197
Holy shit, thank you for advice, these look amazing! I've had problem with creasing in the past which I why I've never tried cream-type eyeshadows, but hopefully using primer and setting a good base will help.
>>
Anything with a similar color and coverage to skin79 VIP gold?
My skin is sensitive to it, it would otherwise be my HG
>>
>>8993529
So angry
Who beat you as a child?
>>
>>8994140
No, I like sleek, beautiful and elegant packaging. Also whatever that Dollywink stuff is, it looks kind of old and crusty.
>>
>>8995272
Buy a decent eyeliner brush (what kind depends on your style of lining and your budget) and then you can use any liner you like. Otherwise, I can't really advise any cheap liners with decent brushes, they usually don't have good brushes or applicators even if the liner product is ok. I use KVD tattoo liner if I want a liquid with a good brush type and I'm in a hurry but mostly I use my angle brush and a gel liner.
>>
>>8998894
I second the skincare thread but there are some matte colorless primers that work great for guys yet don't look like you are wearing makeup. Benefit Porefessional, L'Oreal miracle blur etc. any of the thicker, pore-hiding primers. If you actually want makeup for covering pimples or redness, go to the Sephora counter and get them to test some products with you so you get a good color match. They work on guys too, you know. If you want full makeup for cosplay, I'd study tutorials. Depends what you are looking for.
>>
>>8998997
I just can't get excited about smacking my face with a cold wet sponge every morning. Plus they suck up product and you have to be more careful about cleaning/drying them. No thanks, brushes for me.
>>
>>9011782
you have tapered eyes
>>
>>9010930
Is your foundation water or silicone based? You want to use water based foundation with water based primer/silicone based foundation with silicone based primer. Water kinda just slides off silicone so your makeup won't sit in.

I believe the green tinted smashbox primer is silicone based so you'll want a silicone based foundation.
>>
I just tried The Balm's matte liquid lipstick and I really love the formula. It doesn't dry out my lips and the color is gorgeous. Highly recommend. $17 isn't bad either!
>>
Looking to get into makeup so I'm looking into BB creams and cushions. Am I better off finding a mascara and lipstick that I like before going more in depth with like eye shadows and blush or should I add something else to that?
>>
Why are so many "brown" liquid eyeliners so dark that they might as well be black? Can someone rec me an eyeliner that is a lighter brown and preferably waterproof? I would like to keep it $20 or less, asian brands are fine as long as they are easy to find online.

Pic is from a Japanese brand that is hard to find online and extremely marked up when I do find it.
>>
They discontinued peripera's i love bb light, I think I'm going to cry.
Can somebody recommend me a bb cream with extremely high coverage like the one i mentioned above? I tried to look for one but most of them are just medium coverage and that doesn't do anything for me.

Should I consider switching over to foundations?
>>
Anybody use Make Up Forever's Microfinish powder? I'm sick of looking oily halfway through the day (I use a basic liquid foundation+bronzer but it's summer so that ain't cutting it anymore)
>>
>>9040938
coverfx makes a good setting powder in a variety of shades
>>
>>9041170
Thanks, anon! I'll have to check that out!
>>
Any UK anons in this thread? I'll be going there this week (from the US) and I've heard so much about this Boots place but I have no idea what they sell or what it is. If there are any fabulous brands/products only available in the UK, please educate me. I think they'd make cute and useful gifts.
>>
>>9038026
Don't fuck with bb cushions right off the bat, just get some normal cream in a tube. I'd do: bb cream>mascara>eyebrows>eyeliner>concealer>lipstick>and then finally face powders like bronzers, blushes, highlighters.
Most people don't wear lipstick everyday, tinted lip glosses are easier to wear and you don't have to worry about it looking good with your skintone.
>>9040938
I'd try the ELF powder first. It's like $5 for a big package. Does its job and worth a shot for $5.
>>
Anyone have tutorials or videos for youthful makeup (especially younger-looking eye makeup for hooded/Asian eyes)? In my 20s but trying to cosplay babby teens; Google results are mostly for eyes with creases. I'm just starting out in makeup and can't tell what looks good/effective beyond a basic winged eyeliner.
>>
>>9041198
Boots and super drug sell drug store makeup! Not sure what brands are UK exclusive , but I'm pretty sure makeup revolution,and sleek.
Mur has a great cheap pallette selection, and lovely highlighters, so does make up academy
Sleek I'm not sure what does best but has some great value items
Thread posts: 211
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.