[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ACen 2016 - Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 42

File: 6975306476_7bc0de1fd8.jpg (23KB, 338x167px) Image search: [Google]
6975306476_7bc0de1fd8.jpg
23KB, 338x167px
What are your thoughts about ACen 2016? Are you going to be there?
>>
We have a somewhat actibe ACEN thread here. Granted it is pretty old and dying so perhaps this could work.
>>
I'm obsessed with someone from the Facebook group do I'm pretty glad I'm not going because I'd do something desperate.
>>
Party con for me, main costume will be Kaden from fire emblem.

Also running a sewing panel Saturday morning that I will likely be hungover for.
>>
I think a new thread is appropriate since last thread is under watch of the Internet tough guys from the fb group.

That being said, recommended panels? Def going to the Oregon trail panel, heard nothing but good things.
>>
>>8991910
lol oh the fb group. they kill me.
>>
>>8991924
>>8991910

I can't stand that Benjamin monkey nigger. Guess we must had hurt his feelings that we can't stand him and his autstic attention whoring buddies being cancerous as fuck so he had to go and post the screenshots of the last thread to thay group.

Also he ruined Umineko for me with him spamming the Lambdadelta popcorn picture. It was never funny.
>>
>>8992044
Lmao you sound like a huge faggot
>>
File: image.png (298KB, 846x462px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
298KB, 846x462px
>>8991924
>>8992044
>>8992075
Let it go. I already made the mistake of starting shit and now they're "threating" crashing the meet up and derailing threads. No matter what anyone says, they refuse to listen to reason and they're childish. Just Let it go.
>>
>>8992132
You didn't know any better, don't kick yourself for it.
Just focus in getting your cosplay and con plans dome. It'll be water under the bridge soon.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 540x406px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 540x406px
>>8992144
Trying not to, but it turned into such a shit show before it got deleted, where if you didn't agree with them you got patronized. Even the admins who are supposed to be professional. Not sure why I'm so surprised.

Cosplays are just about done actually, just adding details. Thanks for talking to me, guy.
>>
>>8992205
how i feel about the acen fb group is perfectly described here. any time you disagree, you get ousted instantly.

cosplays, almost there
>>
>>8992205
It sucks but hey, that just the way it is.

I'm not really excited for this ACEN. Maybe when I am actually at the con I might feel something but meh.
>>
File: chill man.jpg (84KB, 720x745px) Image search: [Google]
chill man.jpg
84KB, 720x745px
This is my first ACEN. What do I need to know?
>>
>>8992522
Pace yourself. It's not a sprint.
>>
I'll be there. Keep an eye out for a fat white Shinnouske (Kamen Rider Drive) and a vault dweller.
>>
I hope I'm the cutest Umaru. That always makes me feel better about myself.
>>
>>8991847
That sounds creepy.
>>
>>8992522
The exit out the AA through the cafe is one way only and if you want to go back inside the AA you'll have to walk all around the building.
>>
>>8992522
Man's body was not designed to run on ramen, pocky, and booze alone. Either bring food you can keep in your room, or plan to actually make the walk to McDonalds/Giordano's. Alternatively, there's also an outlet mall nearby with a decent food court.

And FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK, HYDRATE.

Every year some dumb fuck thinks that the only thing to drink is alcohol and the ambulance is always called out.
>>
>con is in a little over two weeks from now
>still barely any guests
>>
>>8992785
It's to the point where I think we're just shit out of luck. Unless they announce guests like the night before.
>>
>>8992963
That shit is why I'm only going for Saturday. I may just ghost this con at this point.
>>
God. This is ACen year 11 for me. This con has changed so much it's now just a place I go to meet up with my local friends and have an excuse to get away.
>>
>>8993419
remember the good old golden days of acen? i do :/
>>
>>8992762
Remember when they said that all girls on that group are crazy? it's true
>>
Guidebook is up https://guidebook.com/g/animecentral2016/
>>
>>8993557
I feel scared for whoever is the target of the girl or guy of >>8991847.

I can't stand about 99% of the memebrs of that group but they don't deverse harm or a STD.
>>
I'd rather go to Midwest than El Ken's shitshow
>>
>>8993853
I wish it was more organized like it was the year before, but I'm happy that it's finally up.
>>
>>8992785
This is why I'm not going this year.
>>
>>8992522
Even though the people running the con can't organize for shit, be sure you plan your weekend out (and this includes your budget). There are probably going to be a lot of panels, events, and guests you want to see, and chances are they're going to overlap, so look through the programming book beforehand and highlight what you want to see the most, and leave time to rest, shower, and eat.

Let's see what else I remember:

>ATM in the dealer hall sometimes runs out of money - take care of withdrawals before attending

>be prepared for a lot of walking; be aware of where you're going b/c of (unruly) crowds & emergency zones (it's kind of tradition for someone to call the ambulance at some point)

>get there early or arrive very late on Friday

Hopefully you got your badge mailed to you, otherwise, you're bound to be stuck waiting all Friday (which in that case, either pick it up Thursday or Friday night).

This is a personal opinion: Soap Bubble isn't worth it.

I still don't get why people wait in line for hours to be holed up in a room filled with sweaty people and their B.O. when there are hundreds of other things to do within the day. Private party rooms are better.

>>8992775
Dude, that mall is godsend. It beats the walk to McDonald's and overpriced cafeteria food. I'm kind of partial to Freshii. Nutritious, filling, and you can keep the bowl if you order one.
>>
>>8993853
Where the hell are half of the cosplay meetings that should be scheduled? Most of these won't last an hour. It's wasting resources for the rest of the con!
>>
>>8993481
This con used to be so much fun. I'm not nostolgia fagging either.

It has everything to do with the time frame of when the con was growing. The pre-streaming internet and early fan sub groups would hold meets. There were things you would only discover at the con because that was the only place you could.

The party con atmosphere that it has today developed out of the real con because nerds in 2004 knew how to cut fucking loose.

I remember why signs were banned. I remember the first year in Rosemont. I remember when swords got banned. The weird interoperations con drama. The soap bubble before it had a name and was just some dudes with dj decks playing early 90s hiphop. No raver gear, just people in cosplay dancing like it was Berghain. The Rosemont police had no fucking clue what was going on because it was an 'lol japanese cartoon convention'

Shit was glorious.
>>
>>8992522
Prepare for the annual Hyatt fire alarm that happens late in the day. Oh and if you're staying in the Hyatt and happen to have a car, you get in/out privileges but don't leave to get food late night. You will suddenly have a hard time finding a place to park even though you managed to get a nice spot when you arrived.

Also while obvious, keep your badge on you all the time, especially when entering the Panel room areas at the convention center. Even though IRT checks badges, the actual convention center staff will check for badges at the door so if a photoshoot happens to be in that area and you don't have your badge, better run and get it.
>>
>>8994205
There was something else that made early ACen amazing, there was almost zero judgemental bullshit.

I don't know if it was because it was the pre-social media and smart phone era or what. But nobody felt pressured to be something they weren't. You could always just nerd out with almost no fear of being outed or shamed.

There weren't professional cosplayers. People just did their best and everyone had a good time.
>>
http://www.acen.org/programming/panel-programming/panel-descriptions/

>All those cringe worthy panels
>All those perverted panels
>All those SJW panels

So glad I never go to any panels.
>>
>>8994430

>that autism panel

Are you not gonna go and see the train-wreck?
>>
Holy shit, these panels are pathetic. I think I might just ghost this cons because the panels I do like are only on Friday, a day I'm going to miss.
>>
>>8994430
>>8994602

Just go to the panel and ask the presenter if they're mis-classifying an anime con as dashcon.
>>
>>8994205
desu there are now too many fuckbois that go seeking booty. the fb group shows this so well...it kind of makes me not want to go

god i remember even back in '09 how great it was compared to these recent years...it's honestly because of the online community -- the fb acts like they don't care and the admins don't do anything to stop it. the mood changes based on what goes on online before the con and holy hell this year is going to be full of fuckbois :/
>>
>>8994618
Rememebr that guy who was like "Do I bring condoms to this con?"

I'm also scared about some of the male members of that group of the creep and fuck boy varation. I get bad vibe from them.

I swear i feel like I discovered ACEN way too late. The early 2000s years seem like they were the best compare to today.
>>
File: autism.jpg (22KB, 724x258px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
22KB, 724x258px
>>8994430
hahahahahah

Fuck.
>>
>>8994783
Definitely attending this. Sounds too horrible to pass up.
>>
When do you all typically leave ACEN?
Me and my group are usually gone by 4/5PM on Sunday, right when the place officially closes. How long do the cosplayers and attendees stay beyond that usually? Do they still crowd around the convention center until Monday or does it clear out by Sunday night?
>>
>>8994875

Some people do cosplay but it's usually casual or closet stuff. You won't see anything elaborate walking around, it's usually all packed out at that point.
>>
>>8994783
They had something like that at anime milwaukee
>>
>>8994731
There was some neckbeard with a pedo mustache that was planning on creeping on girls at the con. He had a huge roll of condoms and shit and offered them to my friends and I. He was so hell bent on getting pussy but I'm pretty sure everyone was aware that he wasn't going to get anywhere
>>
Gonna be working a booth for something that hasn't been announced yet~
Only really go to ACen nowadays because of Attack The Music. Don't even care that Taku/Pas are repeats, they are EXCELLENT, and ACen is one of the few way I get to see them stateside. Also, everyone else they're bringing over is pretty cool, too.
>>
>>8994263

Do the Hyatt rooms have mini-fridges, microwaves, and/or room safes?
>>
>>8991829
Anyone going to watch WCS?
>>
>>8995324
Safes yes, fridge or microwaves no

Only a handful of suites have fridges, nothing has a microwave.
>>
>>8995324
>>8995324

Safes 99% sure, microwaves no unless they changed it, and for mini-fridges, they do but I wouldn't touch it.One year my friend bumped some item in the fridge and got charged but after talking, we got the charge cleared.
>>
>>8995324
a few of the floors do have microwaves by the ice machines though, just have to look for them
>>
>>8994097
>This is a personal opinion: Soap Bubble isn't worth it
I agree. I've gone twice and it's not really worth it unless you really like raves.
>>
File: 1458980184191.gif (902KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1458980184191.gif
902KB, 400x225px
>>8991829
Who else is cutting it really close with their cosplay? I already have some late nights planned with my friends.
>>
File: FUCKING DOG.jpg (43KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING DOG.jpg
43KB, 500x333px
>>8996009
Me
>This weekend and next weekend are going to be completely busy, leaving little time for con crunch
>work full-time as a seamstress so the last thing I want to do is go home and sew more

I just want my costumes to magically finish themselves at this point.
>>
>>8996272
If it makes you feel any better. Last year my friend was behind on her costume. At first she was supposed to arrive thursday night so we could help in the hotel room. Then she decided she would pull an all-nighter at her place and arrive friday afternoon. She was still behind and the friend she was supposed to pick-up offered to help her at her house. She didn't get to the convention until super late friday night and we were still helping her with her costume.
>>
I am going to cosplay for the first time (with a character no one will recognize but fuck it) and do three panels in one day.

Also honestly it may be my last con. 2015 was a shit year con wise for me so perhaps ACEN will be the last time.

Who knows, but I will be there with my flag like always. Might as fucking well
>>
>>8995324

You have to ask for a fridge. And yes it costs extra.
>>
do people ever make fake badges for the con?

it doesn't seem too hard, just scan someone else's and print it off in color and slap it on a previous year's badge
>>
>>8997243
Yeah, it's pretty easy, but that's why they ask that you don't post your badge on social media.
>>
So any panels or events that have peoples' interest? Some of them really sound awful, though.
>>
>>8998309
I'm planning on going to the Dangan Ronpa panel on Saturday night. Went to it last year, it was really fun. It's kind of a murder mystery/test your logic skills kind of thing. It's kind of a shame it only panders to one fandom though, I'm sure a lot of people would be into it if it was a fandom-neutral event.
>>
>>8998313
I was actually thinking about going to this, so I'm glad that someone has a positive opinion on it
>>
>>8998313

You mean the Monokuma Mystery panel, right?
I actually participated in it last year on the winning team, it was great (though my friend complained about the audience not having much to do)
>>
>>8998902
Oh shit, really? I'm the anon who just posted about it and my best friend was part of the winning team too! He gave me an Ishimaru magnet that's on my fridge to this day lol. Also apparently the audience will have more involvement this year with trivia so I'm excited.
>>
File: 1381783061642.jpg (280KB, 1095x1195px) Image search: [Google]
1381783061642.jpg
280KB, 1095x1195px
I think this may be my last Acen. If I go next year I likely wont be buying a badge and would just room with a friend. There's just so many other cons I could pay the same amount of money for and have much more fun at.

I love the huge crowd but I dont love waiting in roller coaster lines just to get into the dealers room. Going to c2e2 changed my view on organization entirely.
>>
>>8997243
its made of a special paper
not that its impossible just do it right
>>
File: image.png (732KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
732KB, 1136x640px
>>8999090
u think itd be fine if i just print it off and attach it to some thin board so its stiff? i dont really remember staff looking close at badges, just glancing to make sure u have one when u enter the dealer's room.
>>
>>8999036
not to disappoint you, but most larger anime conventions are like this. otakon, youmacon, AX, etc...all of them have super long lines.
>>
>>8999036
C2E2 is organized by a company that knows what it's doing, lines don't exist unless you're waiting for a panel or waiting to get into the vendor room at the beginning of the day... the only reason more artists aren't doing AA there are the pricey tables
>>
>>8999036
Acen has it's share of problems. I've been going for 5 years so yeah, I missed out the "good old days", but I've been going to other cons like AX and TONS of smaller ones since 2005. You hit a certain attendance rate and you start to see the same shit.

That being said, one of the things I don't get is people bitching about Acen lines. Worse I've had to do is stand in line 20 minutes with my friend while he waited for a badge (it was will-call, but still. If you don't preorder or at least do will-call it's your own fault) and I have NEVER had to wait in line to get into the dealer's hall. There's one that forms in the hour before it opens, but that disperses in about 10 minutes lol. If you wait until after it opens, there's absolutely no line.
>>
>>8999380
That's primarily because lines were way worse to get badges before you started going. 2007 i waited 4 hours in a pre reg line. 2009 i waited 5 in a regular Reg line with a friend. 2011 i waited 2 hours on thrusday in a pre Reg line.
Now the lines moved to both dances ( the hardcore used to be walk in ) getting into the dealers room( which is not all the time but occurs anytime the organization collapses throughout the day. hell one year there was a line to leave the dealers hall), and most generic panels of anything at all popular.
I think the line stigma acen has can also be contributed to some bad apples on staff who use a line to power trip and make the whole thing more miserable for everyone else involved.
>>
>>8999372
Why can't you just pay like the rest of us?
>>
>>8999406
Acen staff sucks, I def agree with that. And lines for panels are shit haha. I do agree that's something larger (albeit more funded) cons do better like comic ones. Acen staff just doesn't seem capable of even remembering where the lines start (at least 2 panels I went to last year, first in line, I ended up being placed in the fucking middle because of staff moving it constantly).

However, again. There's never a line for dealer's hall except for a build up before opening that takes about 15 minutes to get through. There is NEVER a line at any other point of the day.

And pre-reg. That's your own fault. What you said refutes some of that bitching. Sounds like pre-reg lines are getting better every year lol (and I know they aren't).

Just don't go dude, but come on, don't whine about shit that isn't actually happening. Good luck with c2e2 a few years from now lol
>>
>>8999380
I just feel like Acen is sucking up money that can be used for better things. It's not just about the lines. Location, guests, things to do, ect.
>>
>>8999036
One reason why conventions always have to outsource their registrations to professional companies.
Don't mind paying $7 more if I can get a printout with a barcode, with experiences going ton comic conventions. Seems like ACen got the barcode on the receipt this year.
>>
>>8999418
The line for badges is getting better. I flat out said because you've only been going for the past five years you didn't know how bad it used to be. Only one of those three was my own doing and was only because I had an issue with mailing.

There have been lines throughout for the dealers hall not during opening. I highly doubt you sat there the whole time the hall ran.
My point was the lines have moved to different parts of the con in the ten years I've attended.

I'm not really bitching . You wondered why everyone complains about the lines at acen and I explained how bad things used to be in the " good ok days" with Reg.
>>
>>8999442
Not him but I gotta agree. There is no line into the dealer's hall, not at any point during the day. I go as soon as they open and stop in throughout the day in between panels. I'm not that lucky to just happen to miss all the "lines".

The big lines I see are pretty much only for the dances and concerts (and fuck those anyways, the dances especially are full of normies). Even stuff like special guest panels aren't too bad. They are longer at bigger conventions. Acen staff does suck at organizing them, but it's like that at plenty of cons. I wouldn't expect volunteer staff to be competent.
>>
>>8999036
I feel ya. Acen doesn't seem like it'll be great this year. I'm more excited for Dragon Con to be honest.
>>
My god why is this years guest list so goddamn bad? I know they've been hit and miss with guests but this is just bad. I hope they have some major guest up their sleeve to announce late but I ain't holding my breath.
>>
I have no group of friends to hang with this ACen. Actually, I have no friends at all. I used to have tons of buddies to go to the dealers room with but they were all scummy, so I dropped them. I'm glad I don't have to talk to shitty people, but it gets kinda boring being left to my own devices only and not attend a room party. I don't usually attend panels and I may this year for the first time just because I'll have more time for myself. At least I still have my boyfriend with me.
>>
>>8998995

Really? I thought I was on a team full of girls, but I guess I'm remembering

Also the Hilton opened up cancelled rooms tonight so there's two left to reserve RIGHT NOW.
Just got mine.
>>
>>8999431
As someone who deals with guests for another con, I know how long it can take for responses however, El ken has stated in the forums why guests take so long to announce. It's because they're grabbjng guests that are doing up and coming shows. Fumigation doesn't allow them to release the names of the guests early because of acen trying to grab the newest dub voice actors. Because of this, we get the late announcements. Also, I will say this much, I'm very aware that many guests refuse to come back based on their treatment/con experience.
>>
>>8999585
I agree. I'm pretty disappointed in this list considering the price jump for the badges. I honestly thought that they would get a much larger guest or band then what they have gotten
>>
First time going in a couple years. How busy is the Hyatt bar on a Friday night? Crowded? Impossible to get in? Manageable?
>>
>>9000099
>guests refuse to come back based on their treatment/con experience
A real shame. The only guest I have any interest in is Seitz. Too bad I don't have any official merch he can sign aside from my copy of Eternal Sonata... are autographs free by the way?
>>
>>9000624
The red bar is never terrible but the prices aren't very good IMO, you're better off bringing your own or finding a room party.

The con center also has liquor stands set up in the dealers area, prices at those are also terrible.
>>
>>8994783
>tfw have actual autism and this makes me fucking cringe
And yet I still want to go to see the trainwreck
>>
>>8996009
Not really cutting it close, but I'm still waiting on shoes coming in and I'm am trying so fucking hard to perfect this makeup, but it's impossible. How the fuck do you girls do this every day?
>>
>>9000809
Practice lol
>>
>>9000644
Yeah, autographs are free. I'm pretty hyped for Seitz too. I wish I had some Jojo merch to get signed since he was one of the few good voices in the dub, but I've got Blazblue, so that'll do.
>>
>>9000644
It truly is a shame but not surprised. I found out its one of the reasons Steve Blum refuses to come back. His last , and only, appearance was 2005. It makes me wonder how poor the experience/treatment can be for the guest to not want to come back.
Also I will agree with the anon who said acens lines aren't that bad/nonexistent. The only time I've had a line us when I go to the dealer hall right away. Told maybe 30 min tops to get in. Other than that waiting in line for a panel is no different than any other con. You're still going to be dealing with a line and it's worse at larger cons. I can't imagine anime expo.
>>
>>9000644
not just that, but also how the online community treats guests...and just the general feel of the online groups. it isn't inviting nor is it really the type of crowd you want to associate with...so a lot of guests probably look at the facebook group and say hell no
>>
>>9001329
no wonder we have shit guests this year
>>
>>8997243
Waiting for them to do badge scanning like they announced they would 2 years ago
>>
>>9001414
>never had badge scanned
>quick glance at best when going into dealers hall
At that point I began to question even buying a badge. The most its ever been looked at was for getting into the gaming rooms. Thats it.
>>
>>9001329
I have to say that most guests tend to pay more attention to at con behaviors. Most of the stuff posted online doesn't truly make them concerned. In my experience, online experiences deter them from that person, not necessarily the con itself. In person, though, it's hard harder to have everything under control. Guests do expect some levels of excitement. The behavior of not only con but also staff has to be bad enough in order for the guest to question if going to a specific con is a good idea especially with bad past experiences. Most guests want to know that a venue has changed/improved. If it hasn't, then you get what you get
>>
Is that Ellie cosplayer from last year still around? It's the Joel cosplayer from before.
>>
>>9000099
El Ken is full of shit. That excuse might work for Funimation, but what about the rest of the guests? Every year ACen gets boring repeat Japanese guests, especially fashion. Synergy is the only thing worth seeing.
>>
>>9002485
Well, it's like I posted before: the reason they're probably getting the same guests is because those are the ones that would like to come again. Keep in mind, once a guest comes to a con and they have a shit experience, they're less likely to come back. Obviously it depends on how terrible it is, however the fumigation portion I'm sure isn't just faked so we get delayed guests. Acen is trying to get the newest shows that will be popular or already are. Unfortunately in doing so, they're putting the attendees in a shitty situation because there are many who want to know wtf is going on ahead if time.
>>
>>9002679
Well, attendees go to cons because of guests. So no good guests, less attendees.

Not that it matters since they seem to give more of a damn about the djs, ravers and whatnot than actual guests and the con itself.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-12-07-53-00.png (256KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-12-07-53-00.png
256KB, 720x1280px
>>9002485
El kens screenshots from the forums last year.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-12-07-53-11.png (253KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-12-07-53-11.png
253KB, 720x1280px
>>9002682
Believe me, I understand. I book guests for another con so get it. Got one more screencap
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-12-07-53-19.png (260KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-12-07-53-19.png
260KB, 720x1280px
>>9002691
>>
>>9002682
A good guest is really subjective but I do understand the point you're making. The above screenshots are just showing how acen chooses to go about it. I know how important it is to have what the attendees want because that helps with the draw factor. I was able to get almost every single guest the attendees asked for and then some. I don't run acen though, nor do I think it would be something I'd like to handle.
>>
Maybe I'm an odd one out but Ive rarely cared who cons line up as guests.

I go mainly to see cosplay, show off my own cosplay, and party/see friends.

I'll attend the occasional panel or buy hard to find merch, but I've never seen the appeal in celebrity guests, especially dub actors
>>
>>9002699
No, that's fine too. Not everyone needs to like the guests or care, there are some that do. Both things are fine. I was just pointing out for those that did care about lineups, that's why acen is doing what it's doing. I think the appeal just stems from them being involved with a show you liked to watch. Also, especially if you've become close friends. Joel Mcdonald, voice of meow from space dandy, still holds a special place in my heart. He came to the con I staffed and was just the nicest guy. Drank with with him and heard some of the most amazing stories not even anime related. Not long after our con, I went to anime Midwest where he introduced a voice acting pal of his and then pulled a friend of mine into a staff only room where we got free booze and hung with the other voice actors. it was a great time. Joel hung out with us almost the whole con and was just the biggest sweetheart ever.
>>
>>9002699

I agree.
Especially in regards to American VA. Dubs are cancer and the kind of person who enjoys them is also cancer. I would care about ACEN guests if they got more people involved in the industry but I honestly cannot give a shit about the VA nobodies.
>>
>>9002689
>>9002691
>>9002693
Wow so his reasoning is "I could do things better, but I don't"? Wow, that's.... wow.

>>9002910
That's entirely my problem. If they had big or interesting guests it'd be cool, but this year is like two big names, and a bunch of nobodies along with a shitton of DJs and yet the price is higher still. And like, I don't give a shit about Visual Novels, so those guests are probably cool to some people but like I really don't care?
>>
>>9002689
God I hate his reasoning. we had less shitty guests before he started heading the department. With Japanese guests he should focus on creators like directors and mangaka and he'd make pretty much everyone happy. The only time I was happy with his choices was kalafina and even so the organization of that was juts sad.
>>
I'm in a wheelchair, how accessible is this con?

Any things I should be aware of or any tips?
>>
A week to go, gulls. How screwed are you?
>>
>>9003335
The area's pretty much wheelchair accessible. For Hyatt elevators, IRT essentially acts as elevator attendants to make sure attendees don't screw with it and since you're in a wheelchair, they'll give you priority. There's also an elevator in the convention center main entrance area that gets you towards the walkway connecting you to the other hotels.
>>
>>9003365
honestly, i feel weird because i have so LITTLE to do. the only substantial thing i have to do is resew a button on. too bad colossalcrunch is kicking my ass though
>>
File: 1425189168035.gif (171KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1425189168035.gif
171KB, 800x450px
>>9003365
>family member died
>cousin making the dress likely wont be able to deliver
>don't want to be insensitive and bother her about it
I may buy my cosplay Friday. Wouldn't be hard to piece something together given all the cosplay sellers.

I do have others ready, but I'm at the opposite of my goal for my figure (thanks school) and would hate to end up in a bad cosplay thread because I tried wearing something while having a disgustingly noticeable gut.
>>
>>9003365
Super screwed. I need to find people to share my suite, otherwise I'm gonna have to cancel it.

I haven't even BEGUN to put together my panel / workshop outline, much less the final slideshow. I'm gonna get SO REKT.

If I wasn't so talented, I'd be in trouble.
>>
>>9003408
What panel are you doing and where are you staying?
>>
I wouldn't be so bothered by the guest list if it was always like this. It went from five or six people I wanted to see a year, to one or two. Hell, my college gets one VA to come every year and the last couple of years have been better than the whole ACEN guest list. They used to get cool people like Nabeshin and Crispin Freeman, what happened?
>>
>>9003440
El Ken happened.

Dude's a massive shit.
>>
>>9003374

Thanks anon!
>>
>>9003440

I haven't seen Nabeshin at a con in a few years, and he was pretty hilarious to run into just around the con
>>
>>9003275
Person who posted screencaps here and yea I totally agree. I think it's really foolish but that's my opinion. I like to make sure my guests have contracts signed light years ahead of time. In some twisted way its made me want to push myself to be better.
>>9003291
I do too. I'm not saying it's the best by any stretch of the imagination. What I want to know is how bad were guests treated (or how bad were their experiences) in order for us to have such a terrible list. I feel like this list is super lackluster. I was seriously hoping to see something amazing because of that badge price jump. It's really disappointing.
>>
>>9004010
Its probaby a jump in pricee because of some issue that happened, which is probably because of all the people coming just for the dances/raves and getting themselves shitfaced and doing stupid stuff, because they keep catering to that crowd
>>
>>9004018
plus add on the additional damage fees hotels and the convention center have to deal with...i remember when homestuck got big and all the hotels were charging extra to remove all the body paint stains. pretty sure the cost just goes up because con-goers become progressively more irresponsible as the years go by.
>>
>>9004105
>to remove all the body paint stains
>wearing light colors
>want to sit down
>have to inspect the entire area just so I don't ruin my cosplay
It was horrible. Grey paint stains everywhere.
>>
>>9003948
He was so chill! I remember just walking up to him and giving him a high-five. Then he wanted a picture! Such a nice guy.
>>
>>9004105
Remember when someone cracked the dome? I think that was only a few years ago.
>>
>>9003365
I'm on the fence between screwed and doing okay, so we'll see where the next few days lead. I'm behind on one of my cosplay, so it's just a matter of busting my ass to finish everything.
>>
>>9004146

I remember hearing that was over 10k or something ridiculous as it was one of the thick curved panes
>>
>>9004159
wouldn't be surprised. that shit is expensive as fuck. oh don't forget the extra fees to fix the elevators mainly in the hyatt, cleaning up post panels/raves/acen/parties probs puts a big dent in their bill as well. honestly, not surprised that the prices keep jumping. maintenance from the venue's side is probably insane after acen
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 531x717px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 531x717px
>>9001414
>>9001441

yeah i cant remember any staff even touching my badge. the people they hire to glance at them at the dealers room either dont seem to give a fuck probably cuz of all the people going in and out.

operation Fuck Giving Ryan The Rapist Any Of My Hard-Earned Money is a go
>>
>>9004586

Wrong con, buddy. Take your drama back to Tumblr.
>>
>>9004680
oh damn you're right. regardless, id rather not have to pay so much for a badge
>>
>>9004586
Oh, come on! Ryan isn't even affiliated with ACEN.
>>
>>9004018
I'm not surprised if that's the case however if they're using the increase to balance out any damages, they should still have funds to insert wherever else. I still feel like the reason we haven't seen jack shit for guests is because no one wants to come back. I dont blame them if that's the case. I'm not sure that it's a matter that they get treated poorly, just more so a lack of organization. I've been to Anime midwest as well and that was honestly more of a shitshow but i'd prefer to not shit up the thread.
>>
I'll definitely be there in a Josuke Cosplay.
I just hope I find some material to make the appliques out of.
>>
>>8994097
Say I'm registered already, but did so too late to have the badge mailed. Is there a separate line for pickup with the registration form that was emailed already complete, or do I get lumped in with the people that want to buy passes that day? In any event I guess I'll hope an hour early is enough time to get a good spot in the line to get my badge.
>>
>>9004146
This was me
>>
>>9004943
Separate line. Make sure to bring photo ID when you grab it
>>
Apparently there will be food Trucks there this year, so uh, that's something.
>>
>>9004807
I'll be there to live a quiet, peaceful life as Yoshikage Kira.
>>
File: 1456648286838.png (1MB, 896x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1456648286838.png
1MB, 896x1300px
>>9005016
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 326x326px
>>9005006
desu it sounds delicious (and possibly expensive)
>pray that it's not the kind of food trucks that'll give you full blown diarrhea.
>>
>>9004987
You're not Jeffitto
>>
>>9005006
But where? Praying not on river road or in that area between the Hyatt and the convention center as both will cause awful traffic
>>
File: image.png (253KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
253KB, 1242x2208px
>>9005538
>>
>>9005002
Thanks anon.

General question - how much money should I bring specifically for merchandise? I tend to buy a lot of art specifically. Do most vendors have card readers for CC's?
>>
>>9005695
Most of the vendors have card readers. I would recommend bringing some cash ($20 or more), especially if you are buying little things like stickers or keychains.
>>
When's the best time to pick up my badge and avoid lines?
>>
>>9005744
On Thursday before the con.
>>
>>9005499
Whatever the fuck that means I dropped a full jack bottle from like the 15th floor off a balcony straight onto the dome
>>
>>9005555
I've had stuff from Beavers before, it's pretty good, but possibly a little pricey depending on your budget. Their donuts are more of donut holes and they have a ton of specialty toppings. I've only had them once or twice, but they park near my school every Thursday and it smells heavenly
>>
>>9005998
>but they park near my school every Thursday and it smells heavenly
We either go to the same school or you're close by because they do the same where I go. It really does smell delectable but not in my daily budget.
>>
File: 10 seconds HD.png (581KB, 1600x1060px) Image search: [Google]
10 seconds HD.png
581KB, 1600x1060px
>Street Fighter V listed as an event in the schedule
So what is this a tournament? Or is it just casuals?
>>
>>9005555
I wish they had different trucks for lunch and late night. There are so many food trucks in Chicago and they can only get there.
>>
>>9005555
I really thought that said "Ms. Titties Cupcakes." I'm a little disappointed now.
>>
>>9006014
I can't say I've ever seen you at my school, but I go to a small, kind of private art school if that helps.
>>9006203
If it's on the schedule, it's probably a tournament. They usually have casual fighters for most of the day, so the schedule usually only lists tournaments
>>9006220
Holy shit, I thought that's what it was too. Can't say I'm not disappointed.
>>
>>8994263

Do the Hyatt rooms have TVs with HDMI ports? We were planning on having a Jackbox party off a PS4, so I was wondering beforehand if they did.
>>
File: yall niggas gay.jpg (23KB, 350x202px) Image search: [Google]
yall niggas gay.jpg
23KB, 350x202px
>>9006494
A jackoff party?
>>
File: Popee_fire_ring-0.png (513KB, 449x601px) Image search: [Google]
Popee_fire_ring-0.png
513KB, 449x601px
How is the temperature inside the con?

Going to be wearing pic related and it is pretty cozy.
>>
is the hyatt check in age 18 or 21?
>>
>>9006558
Its easy enough to look on their website- hotels are required to list things like required check-in age.

And if you did check it say exactly this: "Minimum check-in age is 18"
>>
>>9006578
thanks, i couldn't find it
>>
File: 1451678979801.jpg (108KB, 763x915px) Image search: [Google]
1451678979801.jpg
108KB, 763x915px
OH MAN ITS THE FINAL COUNTDOWN ARE YOU ALL READY? Also, Location 2 is being changed.

>>9006494
Ye. They also have VGA ports if you want to hook up a laptop and want to watch Boku no Pico
>>
>>9006509
Pretty much 74 ish inside. Pretty high ceilings keep it from being too hot. The skyway can be a bit warm tho.
>>
File: daria.gif (425KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
daria.gif
425KB, 500x375px
>>9003365
I say I'm okay, because it seems like I've got everything done, but something will happen Thursday night. Something always does.

Look out for a Daria reading a boring book around the con
>>
>>9003365
Not screwed at all. Only way I could possibly improve my cosplay is mascara and eyeliner but they're not necessary and doing eye liner scares the shit out of me.
>>
Will I be expected to wear my badge 24/7 or can I just keep it in my pocket?
>>
>>9007312
Nerd
>>
>>9006893
Liner is the easiest make up someone can do. I prefer a nice smooth pencil, nothing fancy. Now for your lower eye lid, yeah. I can understand. Just gotta be careful is all.
>>
>>9005555
That's the back door area near the parking garage right? No wonder they moved the photoshoots scheduled to be there.
>>
>>9007312
It depends. Keep it accessible. You may be asked to show it in the dealers hall or game room but never in the common areas of the hotels. I've never been bothered and I tend to take it off the moment it's checked.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Is my air soft gun going to be ok to bring in? Paintball gun barrel cap, nothing chambered, zip tie restraining the pump, and trigger tied up.
>>
File: mint.jpg (88KB, 216x360px) Image search: [Google]
mint.jpg
88KB, 216x360px
Just found out that MINT NeKO is a guest... Nothing on the schedule about a panel or fashion show so....

>>9005695
sometimes the artists & vendors charge extra if you're using a credit card (aka bring a decent amount of cash to prepare for those guys)
>>
>>9007465
Maybe. The FAQ has three requirements - orange tip, nothing loaded, and firing mechanism disabled. It would be up to individual IRT members as to if zip ties are enough.
>>
I only have the Jojo panel on my radar (despite realizing it'll be full of animeonlies and memers)
What else is interesting?
>>
>>9007569
There's a concert?
>>
File: Recorder is an instrument.jpg (35KB, 708x224px) Image search: [Google]
Recorder is an instrument.jpg
35KB, 708x224px
>>9007580
Do you mean this one? or are the Pokemon guys back?
>>
>>9007465
Looks alright to me. Hopefully you're not unlucky enough to run into a fussy staff member. I had an airsoft gun too for two years. Only once had a staff member said something. Put everything back into place once they were gone and didn't get bothered the rest of the weekend. And I tied back the trigger with string.
>>
>>9007589
No. Eir Aoi concert friday7pm-8.30 according to the guidebook app
>>
>>8991910

>recommended panels?

Voice Over Hentai
Oregon Trail
Hentarmageddon
The Bad Anime Panel
>>
>>8992522

It is always faster to walk between the hotel and the Dealers Hall at street level than it is to take the skybridge.

The skybridge is constantly crammed like a Houston highway, people stop for pics, people puke in it...unless it's 100 degrees out, just go out the front and go down the street.
>>
>>8992963

That's how it went last year, too

>>8993419

>it's now just a place I go to meet up with my local friends and have an excuse to get away.

Me too. It's like an annual Vegas trip for me and my remaining weeb friends.

>>8993481

>mfw the Con Suite has karaoke in it

>>8994205

Shit, remember how you used to be able to advertise your room parties? They had a big whiteboard/corkboard up near the entrance of the ballroom hallway...I remember going to some room party because they drew the MY ANUS IS BLEEDING guy from Rejected on their party flier.
>>
>>9006893
You're gonna look like shit lol
>>
>>9003291

I wish I could find the multi-paragraph rant from a former ACen staffer on the forums (think she ran the AMV competition)...she raged at Ken and the attitude of the con planners in general and lay blame at the feet of entitled guests like Vic and an overemphasis on the dances because they "pay for the con."
>>
>>9001314
>I found out its one of the reasons Steve Blum refuses to come back. His last , and only, appearance was 2005. It makes me wonder how poor the experience/treatment can be for the guest to not want to come back.

That is fucking crushing. Blum is such a class act. I felt bad when some dude got on mic at the panel expecting him to finish a quote from Mushroom Samba, but he handled it with as much grace as he possibly could.

>>9000099

What kind of treatment do they get?
>>
How come no one is booking photo shoots?

Like, I quote prices and I can literally feel their brains shutting down.
>>
>>9007674

I feel like there's just no enthusiasm for ACEN or anything related (such as paying for photoshoots).

Threads on /cgl/ used to be filled with excited posters and people talking about their plans. Now its bitching about the staff. Hell, even the ACEN forums seems especially dead compared to what they were 3 or 4 years ago. It's eerie how dead they've become.
>>
Who else is just going for the easy puss since this year looks so bad
>>
>>8992044
you sound like a butt hurt faggot
>>
>>9003408
If you feel like transferring the suite over I'd gladly take it off your hands and you could stay with my group if you wanted.

Email me. [email protected]
>>
>>9007701
The problem is that there's not much to BE excited over. Last year they did the whole Sailor Moon thing. But like... what are they doing to try to draw people in?

I'm personally gonna go to hang with my friends and buy some merch. Might try to get into the recommended panels and the Eir Aoi concert, but otherwise I'm probably going to spend most of my time wandering, taking pics, and shopping.
>>
File: kek.jpg (197KB, 1493x800px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
197KB, 1493x800px
Can't wait for Anime™ Central!
>>
>>9007908
this is hilarious
i am sorry that i'll be one of many umarus, but i will try to be a cute one anon
>>
>>9007635
Both of those posts you replied to were mine and quite honestly I'm pretty disappointed to have found that out. It was ages ago but I remained hopeful. I don't know what specific treatment they get as I run GR for another con. I just am aware of the ins and outs of the process. How they're treated, or even the con experience, impacts what they tell other voice actors. Word travels quickly. The more bad shit the voice actors hear, the less likely you are to get the better options. The other issue is a lack of email responses from the other party. If you have more questions ask away and I'll try to answer
>>
>>9008021

At least its anime, anon. Unlike the Star Wars shit from the bland new movie we're bound to get. Or Deadpool.
>>
>>9007908

oh god, that's amazing.

My friends were chatting excitedly about their cosplay plans this year. General Hux one day, Kylo Ren the next, Moriarty the third day.

But shit, it's been this way since 2006 when Tenth Doctors descended in droves. Or even earlier, honestly, it stopped being a pure anime con the more fandom blurred together thanks to the internet.
>>
File: aceeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnn.jpg (47KB, 539x600px) Image search: [Google]
aceeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnn.jpg
47KB, 539x600px
See you gulls there
>>
>>9007908
This is missing an absurd amount of Harleys.
>>
So any other storm troopers going? I'm going as a scout trooper. First time wearing the armor outside of my house any tips on how to not get heat stroke?
>>
>>9007465
That's not really airsoft that's a pellet gun. Why bring it?
>>
File: image.jpg (208KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208KB, 800x600px
>>9008218

Because this is my cosplay.
>>
>>9008228

Be ready for more heavy breathing and indiscreet staring than you can imagine
>>
>>9008228
Did you make the bikini top?
>>
>>9008228
Honestly the trigger is really easy to get out of those 880s. Won't ruin the gun, and I doubt they will care if it doesn't have a trigger
>>
>>9008230
I'm ready, I went to C2E2 as quiet.

>>9008335
No I bought it and just affixed a black ribbon to it for the center cup tie.

>>9008383
I'll look into it. Thanks anon. The manual that came with it didn't include disassembly so I'll have to look one up online.
>>
>>9008211
The highest it should get is 70 with sun. No worries about heat stroke
>>
>>9008049
If I see you I'm going to punch you in your cock
>>
Anyone here going the OPM photo shoot? Any guesses to how many saitamas will show up?
>>
>>9007908
I feel like there will be a horde of Sakamoto cosplayers just because it's so easy and everyone has at least seen gifs of the show. Hoping to see at least a few Konosuba cosplayers.

Homestuck is complete, right? So that shit should be dying down or at least replaced with something else?
>>
>>9008561
Expect more underfails, though still quite a few home stucks.
>>
>>9008561

>Homestuck is complete

does that mean some glorious day there won't be a troll cosplayer in sight? fucking gray paint everywhere...
>>
>>9007908
Needs more Love Live!
>>
>>9008568
sadly.....no. hamsteaks will be around forever
>>
Probably doing Vault Dweller on Friday
Kamen Rider Drive on Saturday
Drive/Right to Censor on Sunday

I just want to go and take a bunch of pictures of all the cute Overwatch girls.
>>
>>9008572
They'll get phased out in favor of more Undertale and Steven Universe over the next couple of years. Those cosplayers will at least be cleaner.
>>
>>9008149
GRIFFITHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>9008211

>star wars

Fag alert.
>>
Just got a room in the Hyatt! Seems they opened up their cancelled roomblock reservations. The website said there were like six left for those interested.

>>9008583

Read that as "cute overweight girls"
Which as with any meme cosplay means pretty the same thing.
>>
File: meiisbae.gif (2MB, 500x543px) Image search: [Google]
meiisbae.gif
2MB, 500x543px
>>9008638
>Cute overweight
>Cute Overwatch

Luckily Mei is both.
>>
>>9008645

I never even considered all the potential Mei's we're going to see this year.

Ass status = dat
>>
>>9008656
>Mei
>Tracer
>Widowmaker

Maybe even a Mercy or two. My boner for Overwatch will be at its zenith this weekend.
>>
>only been to small local cons before
>going to ACen for the first time with friends, also their first time
>didn't prereg in time for stuff to get mailed

At least I snagged a room in Hyatt. Hope I have a good time I guess. Pretty proud of my Ezreal cosplay.

Where do people go about finding out about room parties in the evening? I want to drink drinks and talk talks with whoever and whenever about anything.
>>
>>9009022
Word of mouth is always good. Just network with folks and you might be able to get invited to a party.
>>
>>9009022

I wish I knew, I usually just end up going to a friend's party and since she's a group cosplayer I inevitably sit in a group of Evil Withins talking exclusively about Evil Within. We had a guy in our group who was great at ferreting out room parties but he ended up becoming a raging alcoholic, which I guess should not be surprising.

You could check the FB group (cringeworthy as they are, generally in my experience people are way nicer in real life than they are online) or organize a mythical Seagull Meetup.

Has anyone here successfully hung out with other seagulls, like, for an evening?
>>
>>9009052
There used to be yearly meetups.
>>
>>9009055

ACen Forums meetups, too.
>>
>>9009049
Any good way to network without the Facebook group? My friends and I are all in the same boat, we've mostly stayed in our tight shell of 4 people and don't know how to escape it.
>>
>>9009065
Eh, might trip fag for this.

Sadly, no. Other then the groups and here I do not any other ways. I know of two parties but I dunno if they're opened to the public.
>>
>>9009065
The old fashioned way: talk to people in lines. Talk to people at social panels. Hang out in the game room. It's not the way it used to be but it's still not that hard to just have some social skills.
>>
File: 20160504_194853z.jpg (4MB, 5015x2623px) Image search: [Google]
20160504_194853z.jpg
4MB, 5015x2623px
Let's show them how it's done!

Sunday: Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Russian Engineer
>>
>>9007908
>no Undertale
did you even try?
>>
Urrrgh this is super last minute, but I'm not feeling making the nightly trips to and from the last stop on the red line. Does anyone have floor space for one more, Friday and Saturday nights? I'm a peaceful seagull who just needs somewhere to roll out a sleeping bag for a few hours. Will pay for it.

Email [email protected]

Pls
>>
Is it worth an hour drive and a 2 hour wait in line for a badge for 1 day?
>>
>tfw ACEN proved what I thought was a myth in that homestucks always sit in a circle in the main lobby. At least there was no bucket.
>>
3 DAYS GET HYPE/PANIC
>>
File: 20160517_012907.jpg (623KB, 1584x2696px) Image search: [Google]
20160517_012907.jpg
623KB, 1584x2696px
L:ook out for a Black Josuke with shitty emblems
>>
>>9009340
Could you make those symbols any bigger breh
>>
>>9009355
The compass is a bit uncomfortable so I might as well fix that one
>>
>>9009340
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKs__M3FZLg

S W E R V E O N A N I G G A
>>
File: 1453343477115.jpg (264KB, 307x750px) Image search: [Google]
1453343477115.jpg
264KB, 307x750px
>>9009380
I'm glad this exists
>>
rdy 2 prty

SYNERGY is gonna be wicked and I may DJ with Seablaze at the touhou ravey thing on Sat lmao
>>
>>9009443
I wish it wasn't so late, would've loved to join if it were 9-ish
>>
>>9009443
Is snacks back?
>>
File: Samuel l jackson naruto.jpg (180KB, 692x659px) Image search: [Google]
Samuel l jackson naruto.jpg
180KB, 692x659px
>>8991829
First time being on the Cosplay board. Is this board/thread appropriate for advertise slots in Hotel rooms?
>>
File: 3429999qt68fic9th[1].gif (366KB, 370x200px) Image search: [Google]
3429999qt68fic9th[1].gif
366KB, 370x200px
>apply at a teaching Job in Japan
>they actually respond
>they actually want to interview me over skype
>this fucking Friday at 10PM, Chicago time
>mfw I have to choose between Anime Hell or interview

It's like God is toying with my emotions
>>
>>9009674
cons are forever, youth is not. get job.
>>
>>9009674
Just do the interview. Good luck, senpai.
>>
>>9009674
Lol go to the job interview like lol don't be a stupid fucking weeb going to a con over a career path.
>>
>>9009674
Nah God's telling you to go all in. Do the interview and if you get the job, there's always Comiket to go to and of course more money to do things.
>>
>>9009674
Go to the con, there's enough English teachers in Japan.
>>
>>9009816
This.
Do not let your dreams die over a fucking anime con. Pictute yourself at Comiket, the world's largest anime convention compared to being at ACEN.

Picture yourself making stacks upon stacks of money because of your skills and experience with the Japanese lanuage living on the West Coast tutoring weebs on Japanese and teaching Japanese people living in America how to speak English.

Snatch up that chance. Don't lose it over ACEN
>>
>>9009819
Also don't listen to this anon. They sound like a jealous weeb that never achieved any dreams of theirs.
>>
>>9009821
lol I live in Japan, there are too many damn foreigners here.
>>
>>9009674

You have the entire rest of the con to go to dude, just do the damn interview
>>
>>9009674

>missing interview for dream job of your life to attend anime hell

No anon, don't. Do the interview. You're so close to the ultimate weeb dream. Do it for all the weeb people who dream of living for just a little while in glorious Nippon (like me).
>>
>>9008595
they still mostly involve body paint
>>
>>9008657
>maybe even a mercy or two
No
There will be no mercy
>>
>>9009527
back to not having enough time/budget to do any cosplay this year ;_;
>>
>>9009022

We might do something in our room. Nothing big but I don't think they would mind some seagulls if they were okay with it.
>>
>>9009674
Do you have a laptop? Can you find a secluded place and conduct it there? Like somewhere in a hotel a bit further away from the con
>>
> transferred a hotel room to another party
> had them call hotel to confirm their information
> receive an email confirmation
> call hotel a month later
> told my credit card is still tied to that reservation
> they never submitted their own card info
> see a post about them possibly switching hotels
> try to contact other party, still no response
> 1 day left to cancel or I eat the fees if they don't show up

I don't want to be the one who cancels someone else's room out from under them and face the possibility of them actually showing up, but it's looking like I will have to.
>>
>>9006216

I was thinking the same thing

Even the music festivals get things like Jerk or Smoke Daddy
>>
>>9009824

Same issue in America :/.
>>
>>9009065
If you're old enough hang out in the Hyatt bar.

We did at AMke and met some people.
>>
>>9010428
If they didn't do the work, then bully on them. It isn't your problem anymore, anon.
>>
>>9010446
I'll try that out I guess. I'm 24 and I always worry a bit about accidentally creeper on people too young.
>>
>>9010463

27 and felt liek that for the last 3 years myself.
Doesn't help being a hamplanet, makes it feel like i'm extra pedo sometimes.
>>
File: 1459796844785.jpg (47KB, 377x640px) Image search: [Google]
1459796844785.jpg
47KB, 377x640px
>mfw still have to style a wig, sew a shitload of ruffles, buy makeup, and construct a prop in 4 days
oh well i guess friday will be a lolita day then...
>>
>When you trying to make an appointment with your barber so you can get a fresh cut for ACEN but he hasn't responded to your texts or calls.

Guess niggas don't wanna make money

So who else isn't ready! :)
>>
File: aoi determined.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
aoi determined.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
>>9009719
>>9009724
>>9009777
>>9009816
>>9009820
>>9009852
>>9009858
>>9010172

>all these responses

Don't worry, I'm not fucking retarded I plan on doing the interview in my hotel room since its over skype anyways. I won't sacrifice my future for a con, especially not ACEN!

>>9009824

Then why don't you do the country a favor and leave? :^)
>>
>>9010428
Oh shit anon, sorry about that. I literally checked up on the reservation again last night and everything seemed in order. Emailed you and corrected it 10 minutes ago.
>>
Kind of glad I'm not going. Seeing too much SJW whining bullshit going on in the facebook group and on the official forum. Was neck deep the other day cuz some white knight was saying how he would protect all the ladies from the evil creepy neckbeards.
>>
File: d77.jpg (54KB, 317x750px) Image search: [Google]
d77.jpg
54KB, 317x750px
>>9010787
>>
>>9009674

anime hell has been complete and total garbage for at least 3 years straight.

do your interview.
>>
Should I go to the Undertale pnale for shits and giggles I played the game a few times but don't have much interest?
Don't even know what they'd discuss so I think I'll experience some MLP-tier cringe.
>>
>>9010923
Expect somewhere between mlp and homestuck levels of cringe.
>>
>>9010511
This is why you make appointments a week in advance.

>>9010923
I considered popping in and leaving before the condensed con funk kills me.
>>
>>9009674
Do the interview and kick some ass!
>>
>>9010881

Not true. Last year was wonderful.

Then again it was my first time going in like nine years so my standards might be low.
>>
>>9010531

Do it in cosplay, show them you're serious about your love of glorious Nippon
>>
Would any of you be interested in stopping by room parties together? I just am never social enough to want to venture out of my circle.

If all else fails I have a stupid amount of alcohol prepped for the con and any social failures can be remedied with a room party of our own.
>>
>>9011212
Yes, if you know where the parties are. Because I don't.
>>
>>9011212
I understand the feeling. Seems like it might be fun, but I'm not the biggest drinker.
>>
>>9011212

Public room parties are almost always a bad idea, find some people you like, invite them back to the stash that you have.
>>
>>9011212

facebook dot com slash groups slash friendsofacen
>>
>>9011293

This is my group, I welcome all who want to be mutual real people with each other and enjoy company and laughs, drink and be socal
>>
the worst time of the year has finally come

any plans for a meetup?
>>
File: hqdefault-3.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-3.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>9010787
>Was neck deep the other day cuz some white knight was saying how he would protect all the ladies from the evil creepy neckbeards.

Pic related. Just...pic related.

>>9011014
True. Usually I give him a call 48 hours before and he picks up.
>>
>>9010923
undertale is a great game but I imagine the people who sould go to a fan panel on it are utter cancer

tunblrtards don't really "get" the game and tend to praise it for being progressive instead of for the novel storytelling and music that actually make it good
>>
File: 1415926999543.jpg (12KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1415926999543.jpg
12KB, 320x240px
Anyone who wears contacts gonna be there early Thursday? I need live coaching because I'm doing nothing but fail to get these blasted things in.
>>
>>9011424
Go to an eye doc, or even a place that sells contacts.
>>
>>9011424
Ill be there thurs. Look up at the ceiling while spreading lids apart. Place directly on eye with index or middle finger. Let go of lids. Look around in every direction. Blink to clear bubbling. Contacts in.
>>
Debating if I should bother trying to fix my vault dweller belt or just go without it or just drop the costume entirely.
>>
Anyone wanna chat or maybe even hangout at ACEN?

Kik is Zelek1

Lotta the panels might b fun, even sober some might b fun.
>>
>>9009340
YO GAPPY HOW YOU DOIN.
>>
Alright, now to spend the next 24 hours making sure I have absolutely everything ready.

Knowing me, I'd leave something important behind.
>>
>>9012254
Same problem here. I've coem up with like five packing lists and checked them off only to go 'am I sure I have everything?!'
>>
>>9012265
It's the worst. And I'm not even staying on site, I'm commuting every day because I'm semi-local.
>>
>>9009340
I hope I can get a picture with you, that costume is ghetto as fuck.
>>
Shit I still have to finish some stuff for Plague Knight. He's mostly done, I just have to add some details and finish the boot covers. There's quite a bit I'm unhappy with, but I'll have to fix that for my next con. To any gulls finishing stuff up, I'm cheering for you.
>>
I'm having a hard time deciding what shift cars to bring for Kamen Rider Drive.
>>
Anyone have the annotated map from last year's thread?
>>
>>9012370
Was it this one?
>>
What time does badge pickup end tomorrow?
>>
>>9012386
Yeah! Thanks!
>>
>>9012386
>McDonald's
>0.8 miles

BULLSHIT. That always feels like the goddamn bataan death march. So glad there will be food trucks there this year. They are going to make a fucking killing.
>>
>>9012388
Schedule says reg is open from 4-10
>>
How packed does the fashion outlet parking garage get during Acen?
>>
>>9012444

More packed than your moms butthole :^)
>>
>>9012436
I just estimated with google maps but it never really seemed that far to me. Then again I just walk a lot every day.
>>
>>9012436
are they going to be like the ice cream truck and tape over their normal prices to charge everyone 3x as much?
>>
ONE MORE DAY

I'm hyped
>>
>>9012452
Nope. These are actual businesses.
https://hyattregencyohareblog.com/2016/05/13/welcome-back-anime-central-fast-facts-for-your-event/
>>
File: 2015-05-01-084118.jpg (119KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2015-05-01-084118.jpg
119KB, 960x544px
Well it's a shame. I was too swamped with stuff and now I'll have an extremely budget version of my intended cosplay. I was originally thinking I'd be able to do more but I had to now get creative. We'll see how it goes.
>>
>>9012458
I know how that goes. I wanted to cut up a tire and add it to my vault suit costume, but alas.
>>
File: Drooling_homer.gif (19KB, 314x360px) Image search: [Google]
Drooling_homer.gif
19KB, 314x360px
>>9012456
>Kate and Jan Hot Dogs
Alright, not too shabby I like a good hot dog with some fries. I wonder what else they ser-
>Poutine.
>mfw
>>
>>9012488
whoa, have they been there before?
is it legit poutine?
>>
>>9012559
I have no idea. I just googled the name of the truck and saw the menu plastered on the side of the truck.
>>
Holy crap my props are actually going to be finished. It's a miracle.
>>
Hope you guys picked lighter cosplays, looks like it's going to be ~70°F all weekend.
>>
>>9012816
Looks like I'm gonna die in my cosplay. RIP /cgl/. Kinda don't want to do it anyway since I forgot my prop and I'm already on the road
>>
Who's all going to be in the area tonight? Anyone up for a meetup?

On the hype train to Chicago right now.
>>
>>9012835
Friends and I will be there around 8 to get badges. If someone wants to organize a meetup I'm down
>>
>>9012840
Sounds good. I got to do some emergency surgery on my Mad Max cosplay, and that's the only thing I'm really doing before 8.

Want to check out the pizza! I'm Montana native, so never had the chance to before now.
>>
>>9012905
Go anywhere besides Gino's. Everyone seems to fall for the Gino's meme but in all actuality it's like eating crackers. Giordano's or Lou Malnati's are far superior.
>>
>>9012840

I was going to just invite people out to the hyatt bar tonight. The con is pretty dead on thursday nights.
>>
New thread >>9012919
>>
Any fellow anons planning to draft any magic?
>>
>>9012921
>>9012917
I mean yeah we could meet at the Hyatt bar, but I'm fine wherever to meet. Also fuck you, I love cracker crust pizza.
>>
>>9012934
You're free to have your own, wrong preferences, but keep that to yourself.
>>
>>9012488
Never heard of poutine.
>Poutine is a Canadian dish, originating in the province of Quebec, made with french fries and cheese curds topped with a light brown gravy.

It looks and sounds nasty but probably amazing as all hell.

See you guys Saturday afternoon. Working today and tomorrow.
>>
>>9012937
>>9012917

>Lou Shitnatis

Might as well eat a tomato with their garbage ratio. Only out-of-towners who want to pretend to enjoy Chicago-style eat there.
>>
How many water bottles do you reccomend I bring?
I think I'll bring 4 and refill two of them,
>>
>>9012816
Guess I won't be wearing the undershirt to my cosplay. Not like anyone would see it
>>
>panel starts at 9
>doors don't open until 10
wot
>>
>>9012055

Do not talk to this man. He is a fucking creep.
>>
>>9010531
>skype on hotel internet
I'll pray for you
>>
>>9013330

Their sauce is way better, though.

Pequod's has the best crust, Lou's has the best sauce, Giordano's has the most even stats overall even if it doesn't stand out in most categories.
>>
>>9013918

shit, >>9010531, that's something i hadn't thought of. maybe you should skype from a starbucks nearby or something, the hotel's internet sucks baaaaalls
>>
So between opening of the con and til about 2am there had been 8 emergency vehicles called in. The fuck is wrong with you people? Do you get your badge and just decide to go full spectrum or just sperg out? At this rate I wont be surprised if the con gets shut down or moved to a different area or at least the prices of badges and hotels are gonna jack up in price.
>>
>>9013865
Agreed that dude is a piece of shit
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.