[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

online stores

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: ss+(2016-05-04+at+07.47.05).jpg (75KB, 527x519px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-04+at+07.47.05).jpg
75KB, 527x519px
I dont normally make threads but I'm not really sure what thread I could post this in. So lets talk about shitty sellers and websites I guess.

Basically I found a really scummy general jfash site and it just rubs me the wrong way.

They sell a lot of taobao/aliexpress stuff and thats fine, there are tons of resellers in the world. But originally I found them since a popular artist has a design of hers there. They worked together and either they had the shirts printed by them or outsourced. Anyways I feel like this would confuse people since "oh wow they work together with artists!!!" when in reality half their shit is just taobao.

Another thing I noticed is they "design" clothes for their brand which is "INCONTROL." But their graphics are just ripped from animes and fucked around with in photoshop.
>I'll post more photos in the thread of this

They ADD their logo into items they have printed using designs obviously not made by themselves (one using images from Junji Ito), or sew on a tag of their brand to items obviously not designed by them.
I know art theft is common in China so whatever, but I think this store is based in the USA and that just really bothers me because they should know better.
>>
>the smiley face is their logo added in
>>
>tag just sewn on there, branding it as theirs
>>
File: Seapunk_Fashion_rad.png (479KB, 759x979px) Image search: [Google]
Seapunk_Fashion_rad.png
479KB, 759x979px
>INCONTROL
>obviously ripped anime stuff from Sailor Moon
>also what is licensing kek
>>
File: animeeyes.png (618KB, 918x521px) Image search: [Google]
animeeyes.png
618KB, 918x521px
Was this print originally black milks ? I saw it ripped off all the time on taobao lol
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-04+at+08.19.00).jpg (142KB, 583x591px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-04+at+08.19.00).jpg
142KB, 583x591px
>>
>>
File: comparison.png (2MB, 1773x1773px) Image search: [Google]
comparison.png
2MB, 1773x1773px
I know this place. They contacted me when they were rather small yet, and they seemed nice. Giving out discounts everywhere and shit.

Sure, clothes were (and still are up to this day, I see) tacky as fuck, but the quality and price comparison was tempting.

Their prices were really, really cheap back then. Really affordable, it was a nice "if running low on money" option.

I forgot about them after a while though, and about 8 months passed. They unfollowed everybody they used to follow, just to follow now crappy kawaii sponsors (but most shops do that now anyway) and they remained as tacky as always, having just two or three decent prints. I went to check the price on of the skirts, but to my surprise the prices went up like 20€ or more. Went from aliexpress prices to storenvy prices real quick.

>Just imagine me trying to sell you a bad quality, garbage looking and with a misplaced print all over it replica for almost the same price as the original.

And I know it's not like DollsKill prices or anything, but god, quality overall barely deserves 10$.

>pic related because they didn't even bother taking a different image lmao
>>
>>8991796

>what is "search google for image" kek

Thanks for the info though anon, interesting to see how theyve evolved.
>>
>>8991796

Oh also whats the deal with DollsKill? I know so many people mention them and the pricing or w/e, but I never knew the deal. Are they a bunch of scalpers or what?
>>
>>8991803
They are like Modcloth in that they find things to sell and put a markup on it. It's not like it's wrong, but you can just go to the source half the time for a better selection and better price. They do list the brand names of the product.
>>
>>8991819

Ah okay thank you !
>>
>>8991801
I know they could just search for it, but just saying. If at least they gave a fuck, and took some nice pictures, anons like OP wouldn't instantly ask if it's a scam, like the site itself screams at you.
>>
Hijacking this thread a bit to ask a question: I'm interested in starting an online store reselling some j fashion stuff (not kawaii trash though that niche is way too oversaturated), what are some best practices? Would you be more likely to buy from a store with their own pictures showing how the piece looks or would you rather try to find the same piece from taobao/ali instead.
>>
>>8991832

Did you even read the OP anon?
>>
>>8991833
Using stock photos is fine but definitely use your own pictures as well. Show your customers what the item actually looks like, especially if it differs from the stock photo in any way.
>>
>>8991738
this doesn't even look cohesive.
>>
>>8991844
They didn't even bother cropping black frames from some of the panels

I hate seeing this kind of shit, especially since one group started using images from kaze to ki no uta. It's not even like the people making them or the ones buying it even read the manga. I want this trend to end.
>>
>>8991833
Their own pictures, for sure.
>>
>>8991758
No it was O'Mighty's originally. A lot of their stuff get replica'd
>>
>>8991833
I take my own photos, but I always try to include the stock photo as well. It can help prove that the item you're selling is legit especially when it's without tags.

I make a habit of saving stock photos of things I buy on the off chance I don't like it in person.
>>
>>8991742
>>8991772
>>8991774
It looks so terrible to me, to have the logo or whatever part of the design like that just ruins it
>>
>>8991882
To be fair omighty is garbage quality and super over priced, I bought a lot from them in the past and worked at a store that stocked them. Taobao quality is probably the same.
Also
>moon kitty productions is run by a whale who abuses her cats
Never forget, she tries to shut down anyone who reminds people about how awful she is and how garbage her products are
>>
>>8991985
Do you run your own store? Can I ask about what you do and how well it does if so?
>>
>>8992001

Is Moon Kitty the one that make MAGIC POP or whatever and steals pixel art?
>>
>>8992266
Deets? I ordered a necklace from them in april and haven't recieved it yet.
>>
>>8992273

Theres a thread in lolcow about her if you control+f "saxy"
I read it a long time ago but I dont really remember anything in particular except that shes a huge whiner and stole the pixel art.
>>
>>8992017
I have a Storenvy, but it's more of a 'I feel bad donating this jfash I don't wear anymore to some generic charity when there are young or financially strapped jfash enthusiasts who might get a kick out of it.'

I don't make a profit, I just recoup some of the loss of buying the item in the first place and warm fuzzies about helping people who can't buy new enjoy the scene.

My net sales are $750, but that's spanning 2 years. And I had to close my marketplace store due to bullshit surrounding Storenvy trying to force their proprietary payment method Stripe on everyone. Needless to say, I didn't feel too motivated to list many things while all that was going on, so my sales were non existent for a bit.

However, due to complaints, Storenvy has backed off the Stripe only pls policy and I am planning on updating some product photos to show how some items would be good for current trends like LARME. (I mainly sell Liz Lisa, but I have sold a couple jfash-able offbrand things, too.)

But like I said before, I don't make a profit. This is something I do in my free time to free up closet space and get some money back.
>>
>>8991803
>>8991819
They also steal art, change one thing, and then sell it. At least two artists I know have had their work ripped off like that. One, within 24 hours of releasing the product on her own site. They claimed it was a "supplier" who did it, but I'm doubtful, considering it's happened twice that I know of.

I have a feeling it happens more often than that, but that the artists who own the IP being ripped off aren't aware that it's happening.
>>
>>8992292
Sounds like a good idea, like the girls who use Poshmark to sell western branded stuff. I usually use ebay when I absolutely can't bear to give something away but I don't think the demographic I want sees my listings, Storenvy might be worth a go.
>>
>>8992292
You could try selling on Depop too perhaps, secondhand jfash is fairy popular there.
>>
>>8992001
I had no idea about them and purchased some creamy mami leggings at a con cause I'm a slut for anything creamy mami. She was nice in person but reading all this stuff about her reaaaaaally deters me from buying from her again.
>>
>>8992292
If you don't mind, can you link your storenvy?
>>
>>8991736
What's up with her leg? I'm pretty sure people aren't meant to shoop lumps out of the thighs.
>>
>>8992577
I will check that app out! I am a bit out of the loop about where people like to buy.

>>8993939
http://apfelbirneshop.storenvy.com

Ngl I haven't updated things in a while.
>>
>>8992001
Seconding this.
I used to know her irl.
She puts her cats in "kitty jail" in her tiny apartment, limiting them to a small hallway for doing shit like jumping on tables or puking (you know like basic cat stuff). She's also abusive towards her twin brother.
Can't give any more details becouse she'll know who I am but yeah don't support her she's crazy.
>>
>>8994619
>kitty jail
Fucking what. Cats do not respond well to being confined for doing cat stuff. Hasn't she figured out that they just get more stressed and prone to acting up if she does that?
>>
>>8994633
The worst part is her cats are total sweethearts and it broke my heart to see her scream at them.
>>
>>8994762
you made me cry today
how someone can be so cruel? sure she can do things like that with little animals who cannot defend themselves. what a fucking abusive coward
>>
>>8991803
I ordered a pair of shoes from them a looong time ago so I'm on their mail lisi, and everytime I get promotion mail from them (almost everyday) I just laugh about their prices. They're ridiculous.
>>
>>8994762
Can't you smuggle them out somehow and say they ran away?
>>
>>8994819
Yes, this. Someone needs to take the cats away from her.
>>
>>8994776
>>8994819
>>8994831
I really wish I had done that before we had a falling out. I won't describe what happened to cause that but I will say this, what she does to her cats is not nearly as awful as how she treats her twin brother. He's the real victim of abuse in her household imho.
Don't support her business, her parents pay the rent and for groceries even though she claims they are abusive and I can confirm that her mom does have an eating disorder but she exaggerates how bad their relationship is. Her family loves her and she just treats them like shit.
>>
>>8994789
I'm 99% sure these sellers only manage to shift their shit because they sponsor kawaii uguu bloggers that send their mindless followers to them in droves. You need to be young and stupid to think that paying those prices for Taobao shit is a good idea.
>>
I've seen all kinds of cute stuff from Kiseki shop on storenvy and I finally got a bag from them.
The bag itself is great but they never sent me anything telling me my order shipped and instead just asked me to rate their service?
Also I'm used to getting stuff from China in like 2 weeks from taobao orders and such and they took 2 MONTHS to get my bag to me which I didn't even know was on it's way and had to ask which I didn't get a response to!

They can take their quality items and shove em.
>>
>>8998093
>2 months
Did it say anywhere on the site that it would take that long to get to you? If not, fuck that. 2 months is how long it takes for 11/11 sales to get to me.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.